Speaker 1: Fan, keep that change, filthy animal.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Powers your morning joke. Ben Lieber is here. Michael J.
Speaker 3: Mussin the third is here. Hawk back tomorrow. No bonus because he's still in Florida for like the next two, three, four weeks whatever it is. Marnie will be here tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Today is the first full squad practice. Down it to spring training for the Minnesota Twins. Pictures and catchers reported what on Thursday. First game is Friday against the Gophers and in the Red Sox on Saturday.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be the year, right, this is something? Okay, it'll be something.
Speaker 4: What they're over under its somebody's probably taking down there five. I think it might be.
Speaker 5: Let me love didn't didn't Buxton just come out and say something that was kind of interesting about how he's he's annoyed. Yes, you guys have this sound bite or anything? Shut down the trade room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had the headline, so essentially obviously, Buston said he wanted to be a Twin for life, and he said he was frustrated that the Twins didn't shoot down trade rumors when they were a lot of Buxton trade rumors about Buckston having to wave his no trade.
Speaker 2: I believe he has a no trade clause.
Speaker 3: But it would be like we would trade bust into so and so and he would wave his no trade. He says, I want to be a twin for life. Why did they not say that's not even an option? So it sounds like he was a little frustrated. Yeah, can't blame him. Seventy three and a half over.
Speaker 5: Under seventy three and a half shoots, man, I don't know. We'll have to think about this. If anybody wants any action on it, I would take the under shocking well, because here's what's.
Speaker 2: Going to happen.
Speaker 4: This is I thought about this this morning when I was driving in here. Here's what's going to happen. They're going to get to August they're not or late July. They're not going to be competitive, and then all of our buddies that we've had on the air are going to be traded. Jeffers will be traded, Pabo Lopez will be traded, and Joe Ryan will be traded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but obviously the better's the Vegas line setters factor that in.
Speaker 2: They know that there's a dump off after the trade. Though called that the Dwight Hockey.
Speaker 3: I feel like the last handful of years, though the years at the Minnesota sports scene looks like it's going to be a disaster.
Speaker 2: That's when we surprise.
Speaker 3: We've had that a handful of times where it's like this is going to be a disaster, and that's when we're the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is when we don't expect much. I hope, I don't know. I hope that that's not the case. Like, I will take the over on this. If you actually want to put some money on it, I'll take the under. I'll take the over on that. Just what a hundred bucks? Sure?
Speaker 5: Okay, so done deal. The thing is like I don't want to incentivize the pole ads and all the people making decisions that like oh yeah we can just like slash and burn this team. We can, Yeah we can Nickel and Diamas and all of a sudden, like just because they play out of their minds, they're better than expectations and they're like, yeah, see this is the formula going forward, Like no, nobody wants this. Nobody, So I'm gonna take the over. But yeah, I'll be fine if we just send a message that they are just absolutely dog doo doo, and we have to like make some.
Speaker 2: Will that message actually be here?
Speaker 6: Well that's so far I don't hass and I think until they actually sell that team, this is just going to be the same leather.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're probably right. Which was depressing the Rockies over under is ummm doom doom. Yeah, let me hit it.
Speaker 5: It's the worst I can you said, ours was what's seventy six and a seventy three and a half, seventy three and a half.
Speaker 2: Sixty I think the last year one.
Speaker 3: I think last year when the White Sox were coming off a terrible year. I think Tommy and I bet fifty four and a half or something like that, or fifty five and a half for the White Sox. So my guess is the Rockies are in that ballpark somewhere in the mid to high fifties.
Speaker 2: Fifty seven and a half. That's almost exactly what I was going to guess.
Speaker 3: Sure, fifty nine fifty three cheapers.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got a jeepers out of average jeepers k fifty three and a half.
Speaker 2: What's your mouth, sir? Question?
Speaker 4: Between you know, because they're they're they're playing the golfers between the Twins payroll and the Golphers nil, which numbers higher.
Speaker 7: Well, the Detroit the Detroit Tigers pitching staff is higher payroll than the entire Twins team.
Speaker 4: They're seventy five million below the average. It's the Twins, right man, below the average, below the average. Yeah, awesome, glow posted it. I think something happened.
Speaker 3: Well, hang on, let's hear them out. Let's hear the poll lads out here. Two sides of every story.
Speaker 2: Seventy five nikes. Yep, Well, I wish them the best.
Speaker 4: The luck Saints baseball dot com correct, because you can go see Walker Jenkins and probably about a month and a half.
Speaker 2: Until he makes the big league squad. M M, you're not factoring in Walker. He'll be graceful.
Speaker 5: What a great name. Yeah, it's a good baseball. That's what they That's what they have up their sleeves. Like, you guys understand our farm system.
Speaker 4: I mean, wasn't that the how did wasn't that the bit right after they traded everybody that Lavelle was on with PA and was like, well now they have the second best farm system.
Speaker 2: Everybody's like, neat.
Speaker 4: Cool, that's yeah, that more tradable assets. We're gonna get so many cash considerations. Yeah, yeah, they I think Lehman Leman Gleaman posted over the weekend that they traded a guy twice for cash considerations, the.
Speaker 3: Same guy twice, Which that'd be fun in radio to see what your cash value is to a different station.
Speaker 5: Mine's a dollar. That's that's a little aggressive. I've been working here for free for a long time.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm saying, Like, if if I Heeart traded you to I don't know, iHeart Nashville, Yeah, for cash considerations, and then you found out how much they paid for you, it wouldn't that be kind of fun to know what you're worth through another radio.
Speaker 5: So yeah, crush more than anything. Yeah, this is this player that they traded twice. I'm not sure how he feels about that. Yeah, he's like, that's all I'm worth, that's it. But but he's blind.
Speaker 4: He was worth that times too, almost probably unless his value really dipped in that day between.
Speaker 6: Oh you're combining the two. Yeah, that's the cash amount. I could just imagine his buddies bringing it up to him all the time.
Speaker 2: I hope they wouldn't didn't you go for like two grand Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like when Sauce was fired, I would hope that they were thinking, hey, buddy, your buddies weren't oh were they?
Speaker 2: No, not my buddies, but Corey Hockey.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah those guys, but like your friends for me, probably put a hand on your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be okay. I was super said.
Speaker 3: I think like five or six days after Sauce got fired, somebody was like, hey, do you hear he got like oh.
Speaker 2: Like, oh uh, oh that's too bad. I didn't notice he was gone, no overnight guy. Yeah that's what I was.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, I was like, oh, that must have been rough, having to get fired face to face to like, oh no, no, no. We just had a program director from a different radio station call him on the phone and say you're not needed any longer.
Speaker 4: Your position is no longer. How did he take it? He handled it pretty well. I said, thank you, have a good day, Yes, a long way, thank you for a good day. You think he accidentally called the wrong Paul Lambert? First, that guy's position is I think in pretty good job. No, I still don't understand that. Why did they have him call you? I don't the other PD. It's not I mean, why didn't Abbott call you? It's weird that the other guy was the one who called you. My version is, I don't think Abbott wanted to do it, but I think you tell yourself, I tell myself. But then I think Abbott was laughing so hard that he couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: The I think because at that point that guy was technically my boss because I worked overnight, right, so you weren't.
Speaker 2: A cafe and employee.
Speaker 3: You were a clear channel or slash iHeart employee es got it? That makes more sense because otherwise can you imagine now it's like, I don't know, some rando's like, hey, Paul, you you've been like you'd be like, this has got to be a bit otherwise have it would fire?
Speaker 2: Don't you hung up the phone? Did you just rage out like throwing your No? I was sick.
Speaker 4: I was more in shock because I remember that day when I came in here and everyone knew it was happening, not me, but like everybody, and I was on with these guys and I said, well, Hawk, what should I do now? Because it was just that eerie feeling that we have here whatever you like four months yep, wow, And he goes, they're not going to fire you just go home like why would they fire you?
Speaker 2: And then about an hour later, I got a phone call they did fire me.
Speaker 6: A long time ago, a buddy of mine told me, he's like, why do you always worry about getting fired? You're going to be the last one to know anyways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah, everyone else will know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or you can just have it in football terms, everybody knows when everybody's going to get fired, and just walk in and be like, well, I guess I just hope they don't ask for my playbook.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be a weird feeling.
Speaker 5: You know what is weird though, going back to what you guys are kind of alluding to, they're I mean a handful of times that in my experience. So you walk in on just a random day, like a Wednesday, and you're like, why, so, where's so and so at, Like you didn't hear like, no, yeah, cut when Monday afternoon, I didn't know that lockers cleaned out, name plates gone. You're like, oh, Paul's gone. Why doesn't have to It's always a pall, it's always it's always a fall.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: So we've talked about your career a lot that you signed with the Vikings, signed with Saint Louis, right, or met with the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Guy? Yeah, yeah, the biggest regard of my life. Then you never got traded, You just signed with different times, right? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How often did you hear your name attached to any trade rumors of any kind?
Speaker 2: Not once?
Speaker 3: Man, that's so were you so you were never in fear quote of getting traded? But how often are you in fear of getting cut for financial reasons or performance reasons or whatever?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Did you ever have days you're like, ooh, this could be my day or this could be my year where I have to have that meeting.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have one or not? No?
Speaker 5: It really it really was only until my last year in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: I knew. I knew.
Speaker 5: I was like this within weeks of me signing. I was like, this is not a good fit, this is not a good situation. Like I it could have it could have happened to any day after let's say week three or four. I'm like, it could happen.
Speaker 2: Any day and you would have embraced it. Yeah, I mean, yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to get I just want to get to a certain point where I got the accredited season and then once and once I got the season account, which is like after that fourth game, then I'm like, okay, I'm good, I'm good. So I mean once, I mean even the day that I got cut, it's like it doesn't feel good, like, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Gone, and when it's the end right for you, that's yeah, And I.
Speaker 5: Knew it was my last year, so I'm like, all right, the second I walk away from this facility, I'm like never playing football again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that was like a weird thing. It just sucks that it was in Saint Louis. Like, how about the end for Chris Paul? Yeah, but twenty one years.
Speaker 3: But I mean, what a weird way to wrap it up, right, a future Hall of Famer, one of the best point guards of our generation, you could argue, one of the best point guards of all time, and just like gets kicked off the clippers and then he gets traded a couple of times and he's like I'm just retiring. Yeah, So his quote last year just an absolute waste of time. Just got kicked around and thrown around. What a weird situation, Like not everybody gets to pick how they go out. And that's a really good example of even the best, even Hall of famers. So sometimes just come to the finish line with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but don't you think that he probably he wasn't reading the room correctly, Like that's probably part of it. He should have after that long career, being in the game for a long time, you know, your skill level, he should have known if he really wanted to walk away under his terms, it should have been done.
Speaker 2: What a year or two ago, and.
Speaker 4: He was traded on trade deadline day to Toronto when they immediately were like, you don't have to show up, don't show up. You don't have to show up. We're going to trade you something or we're just going to buy you out, and they did. And then yeah, yeah, I actually didn't even know he was still playing. Oh yeah, well I don't think he's played in a year. He hasn't played in a while.
Speaker 3: Remember that the Clippers earlier this year basically said please go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't want to know. I don't know what kind.
Speaker 3: Of toxic thing they had going on there, but it was like could you just get off the team, get out of here.
Speaker 2: I mean he's going to figure something out. Hey, hey, you guys a million dollars. I know that we're going to break. But I just noticed.
Speaker 5: I never knew what's the little digital readout on the sweeper sticks for curly the sticks have like this little like.
Speaker 2: The locking sticks they have sweeping sticks. Those are rectal thermometers. There's like a little device on that that has like a digital readout. What is that for?
Speaker 6: You have no idea to find out who is the best square on the are you looking at?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They just they just showed.
Speaker 3: It but on the handle or on the broom itself, on the just like halp, not on the room. Maybe it's maybe it's like, is it like they're sleeping kind of bluetooth so you can listen to the iHeartRadio app when you're in the.
Speaker 2: Press. I thought it was just a sweeper. I don't know that was just a broom.
Speaker 5: Now it's like a high tech broom.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Chant here? Yeah, they take your time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, any analytics that we can get any I know, so they know that the rate of which they're sweeping.
Speaker 3: What if it just like ice temperature. Yeah still thirty two. Yes, that's exactly where we need to be.
Speaker 4: That device is basically called a sweeping performance sensor m okay, and it does what for performance?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's basically the curling version of a track man in golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it probably tracks the pressure on how you push, how many times you push.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's for like, but right, that's what I think it is too. I'm guessing yeah, but I don't know. I don't know. I guess they use it as they didn't give all their effort.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't, like, don't you after all the years and the ten thousand sweeps that you've done, Like, don't you know like how fast you're going and how hard you're pressing down?
Speaker 3: So sau it's your best guess is that the broom is a fit bit for how many times they have swept?
Speaker 2: Yes, got it?
Speaker 3: Headlines Next, this is the Power Trip morning show on the fan.
Speaker 4: Quick look at the YouTube chat at caffe and dot Com. Slash Watch invin Cars says that's a device is a stopwatch they used to time how fast the rock is moving. Slightly serious says uh Nick Madden's friend Suck.
Speaker 2: And Uh, well, we knew that.
Speaker 4: That mean Brian says, no amazing hot rods today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, play it hot blots, amazing hot blocks.
Speaker 4: So thank you? Was that from Tommy? Yes, he loves amazing hot rods. Okay, sure it does, Sure it does.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for headline all right, the headlines final segment to the Power of Money show. Ben's got to go in like ten minutes. Let's talk about it's already eight thirty eight thirty time flash when you're having fun. Yeah, I assume this was that Pebble Beach to prom but maybe.
Speaker 2: Must and sauce.
Speaker 3: You guys follow golf, you can tell me if this wasn't Travis Kelcey hit a woman in the head with a golf ball, and it wasn't the first time he's done this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the program. Did it again? Yep, yep, that's the second time that he's How bad was the shot?
Speaker 6: I didn't see the actual shots, and I don't I believe it wasn't one of those where she was like laid out, but you know, took one to the grape.
Speaker 2: Can you explain the program aspect of this. It's mostly like the Friday thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's at a different golf course. It's at one of them. Uh is it at Uh? I actually don't really know, Okay, cool, Yeah, but you know, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: It's just the one day thing really crushed that. Ye. Yeah, it's one picking up what he's putting down. Sure, I just I'm not sure you'd want to pick that up.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: So there are golfers that golf with what like game show hosts.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and they are always on the same page and Tony's cordial. We are now in week three of the Nancy Guthrie situation. Savannah Guthrie says her family still has hope, which I mean.
Speaker 6: Wasn't there a glove that was found that they.
Speaker 3: But like Sauce and I were talking about before the show, there's at least publicly, we have no idea what the investigators know behind the scenes, But publicly, I believe there's still no proof of life. There is still no proof that the that the TMZ contact is telling the truth, that that person knows the identity of the kidnapper. That could be fake. But with Sauce and I were saying before, like what if the whole thing is if the if the TMZ person keeps emailing TMZ saying I know who the identity of the kidnapper is. If you give me a bunch of bitcoin, I'll tell you who it is. Let's say that's false, right, Let's just say for whatever reason, that's just a fake person. That person doesn't know anything. Then technically, again publicly, we don't know if behind the scenes, we don't even know if this is a kidnapping. I mean, she was taking it. What if it's just a murder and there's no ransom, it's just over and this person's like man, everybody else is saying that I have her and it's a ransom and I'm asking for this.
Speaker 2: We have no I mean, who knows they're saying.
Speaker 4: Now there's that they're working on the theory that was a botched robbery, ye boxed robbery and.
Speaker 2: Which should unfortunately make some sense. That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: Have they talked to Kato Kalin yet?
Speaker 4: Speaking of Kato, Yeah, you could see me in common this Saturday, catoballroom dot com for tickets. It's a great one show. It's a great spot a transition. Yeah, we'll use that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I know, I sure did.
Speaker 3: Speaking of children, one of the best transitions of all time last week. If you didn't hear it, go back in podcasts. There is a Slovakian fugitive who's been on the run for sixteen years, but they finally caught him.
Speaker 2: Is he missing an arm? What are you wrong? What's he been on a run for? Don't know, but he used been on the run for sixteen years.
Speaker 3: They finally caught him when he turned up in Milan to support his national ice hockey team at the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 2: Man, that's Olympic hockey? Is that good? Yeah? What if Parker turned him in? This is jersey On's favorite player's number next to him. Sixteen years, sixteen years.
Speaker 5: I think after that point you just be like, you just give him like an applause and be like, good for you man, you alluded us for sixteen years. That's got to mean something, right, Well done, Steer, Yeah, well done, well done. But it's always he's not like a serial right.
Speaker 3: It must have been a serious enough crime where they're like, we still need to find this guy. If he just needed to be on the lamb for sixteen years, I don't think he has ten parking tickets.
Speaker 5: No, I'm guessing that they weren't actively looking for him anymore. It just popped up on facial recognition and it just like pinged the service and.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, this guy's here. We've been looking for him for like sixteen years. No, He's like, no, I'm getting tickets.
Speaker 3: What it's been sixteen years years?
Speaker 2: He gave up on me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Speaking of crime, you know, I've I've mentioned at some point in my life I have a weird fascination with the idea of arson.
Speaker 2: I don't want anybody to get hurt. Oh yeah, please don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not looking to kill anybody. I just want to burn something not in control. You areft ahould, Yes, exactly, So I got a little pyrot. I just would like to see something go ablaze at my hand. Is well, this is maybe a deterrent outside of the idea of jail in general. But a former police chief in Maryland was found responsible for setting more than a dozen fires arson fires. He was sentenced to fifty five years in prison. Geez, you don't want I don't know if people were hurt outside of their property obviously destroyed, but fifty five years in prison.
Speaker 6: This isn't one of those where he started the fire and was the first on the scene.
Speaker 4: This guy's really good with the dexter of arses. Yes, all due respect, and I'd say the same thing about myself. Prison would not be a good spot for you.
Speaker 3: I completely disagree for all of the reasons we've always talked about. I don't like to go outside. I like to be left alone in prison. You can play poker, you can watch Netflix, you got so what, who cares?
Speaker 2: You only live once You're.
Speaker 6: Sitting in your basement all by yourself at sixty two degrees and you never get to see the warden.
Speaker 2: It's just like jail. Well play again.
Speaker 3: Like I've said, saw the only thing that prison doesn't have that my life does is raising canes. You get a canes at a prison, and I'm going to start burning some houses down.
Speaker 2: Maybe not personal property, like just go burn I don't know, Like even like an abandoned barn. Yeah out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all make sure all the barn cats are out. I don't want to kill cats either. I just want to be like the joker to that giant pile of money. Even though there's a person on the top of that piace. That's a bad example. But I just want to stand fifteen feet and like flick a cigarette and watch something go up.
Speaker 2: They should they should like offer that service.
Speaker 4: Well, like you know, but I think a bunch of firefighters have yes. Smitty w Ouom's a part time firefighter. He is offered to have Corey out on one of their control burns, and he says, no, No, I'm saying, like a structure.
Speaker 3: A whole bunch of really nice people have said, hey, I do control burns. You can come out and do it with me. I'm not interested in control.
Speaker 2: It's like an old barn that has to come down. No, but I want to do it illegally. I just don't want to get caught, and I don't want to get anybody hurt. You know what I'm saying. I want to decide I want to burn that. I think you could scratch it.
Speaker 5: You know how they do like these controlled implosions where they have these giant grain silos and these buildings whatever, and they can they implode these buildings right like you would get a kick out of that.
Speaker 2: Now, if there was like a building he needs fire though, I know, I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, like if there was a building, a structure that's like listen, this is gonna be torn down anyway. We're gonna build something else here. Why don't you just come in. We'll let you come in at night. You can get all cat burglary and have your ski mask on and you can just like you do your thing.
Speaker 2: We'll come back the morning and we hope it's burned down. Yeah, it's an old barn. And you get and you can talk to firefighters like.
Speaker 8: They just hide away, you never see them, and then you get to you know, ye, yeah, he's into it.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of that.
Speaker 3: Fourteen hours ago, this is not a tweet by Sauce, Darren Ravel tweeted something he is Twitter open again.
Speaker 2: Isn't it just for me?
Speaker 1: VJ.
Speaker 3: Edgecomb is a basketball player and it's an unfortunate name. Vjj uh and Darren Revel retweeted a video of VJ. Edgecomb giving his shoes away to some fans and getting to meet the fans and things like that. Well, apparently that experience was a gift arranged by something called DAPs Bounty or at DAPs Bounty. I don't know what the actual company is called. Let's just go with DAPs and the whole point of it. You just had an experience burning down a house or burning down whatever, and Darren just said, developing business opportunity loading. Basically, the question that they're posing is why are teams so late to the party on this, Like not everybody can meet Justin Jefferson, Right, you can't charge five dollars to shake his hand, But why not put a giant price tag on one of a kind experiences at every single game where somebody's getting this jersey, somebody's getting this team gets a bunch of money, player gets a bunch of money. It's super elitist and it gives not everybody is going to be not available to everybody because it's going to be an inxtane amount of money. I just called Charlie swellest there is a lot of money in that. And I as soon as I saw that tweet, I'm like, that's a really good point. Why hasn't a team said we have a a la carte list of options. You come to a Timberwolves game, here's fifteen things that are crazy expensive. But if you want to, you know, if you want aunt to give you a shoe and a photo and this and that, here's you know, you give us twenty five thousand dollars and let's call it a day.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that hasn't happened, like a real elevated meet and greet.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Yeah, with you know, with memorabilia merch exactly in game game warn merch. Not Hey, I'm gonna bid on a Jordan Jersey from thirty years ago. But truly, you go to the game, you meet the player, you get it right there on the spot, you call it a day. Yeah, but you emptied the bank account to do it.
Speaker 5: I don't see why. I mean, it's it's not gonna be for every player. But I suppose you could just like Cameo, just set.
Speaker 3: Your price exactly, and if a player is a super big deal and has hundreds of millions of dollars that doesn't interest me, well, then you throw at a number that's insane, Say for a million dollars.
Speaker 2: I'll do all of that. Somebody's gonna pay for it. Somebody will.
Speaker 4: On that website, one of the options is a seventy thousand dollars the bounty for a Wemby game Warn Jersey, and it's handed to click on it because I'm not putting in all my information. But that's the idea, is I would guess yeah, by taking his jersey right off and handing it too, and you get I mean.
Speaker 5: How much would you pay for a let's say, like a like a Paul Pierce game worn underwear from.
Speaker 2: Has it been filled? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean specifically that game where he sprained his ankle and had to be carted off, carried off.
Speaker 3: And of course you're referring to the rumor that he just crapped his pants and it was too embarrassed to admit that he grabbed his pants, so we had to fake an injury, correct and ride a wheelchair back because then you don't have to see the bottom of his pants. Just a theory, Ben and I are not confirming that that's just a theory that's floating around.
Speaker 2: That makes sense now, it makes a ton of sense. This is kind of related. My uncle back in like.
Speaker 4: Back in the late seventies was at a Pittsburgh Steelers game and he was drinking a Coca Cola And do you guys remember mean Joe Green? Yeah, yea, so he is he is leaving and uh, you know, he was down and apparently my uncle traded his Coca Cola bot for me and Joe Greens jersey Wow, you.
Speaker 2: Know Rosie's not here, right, that's your love of coke?
Speaker 4: Then, uh, that's your friends love of coke.
Speaker 2: Wow, throwing my friends under the bus.
Speaker 3: A man was arrested last week for allegedly tossing a live alligator through the drive through window of a Wendy's in Florida.
Speaker 2: Sir, nothing better than vine love.
Speaker 6: It just happened to have a live alligator just in case. Yeah, yeah, wait, you screwed up my order?
Speaker 2: You throw? Yeah? What is happening on?
Speaker 3: Speaking of speaking of quick videos and speaking of Wendy's, I saw this video. There's a guy going on a ski lift, but he's going the other way, so it must be he must be riding the ski lift down, you know what. I'm in a reference, I think so, and the skiers that are going up the lift. He just kind of randomly yells him. He goes, hey, do you know what a burger is? The only fast food rendo restaurant that starts with the W and the people that are going the other way goes Wendy's.
Speaker 2: He goes, Wendy's. Nut's going to be on your forehead? A drive by ski lift. I've seen that joke.
Speaker 3: You have like a six second window to say it, have them respond and land the joke. It's that's high level comedy. Yeah, right, timings everything. Yeah, I've got to ask it at the right I don't know, within a second or two, otherwise they're not going to hear you.
Speaker 4: There was another one where they it was another D's Nuts joke that they shot in the same fashion, but the lift stopped.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, just sit there, rock even better awkwardly sitting there all right. Now, let's get back to the story for a second. Let's say you're working at Wendy's and you're in Florida. It's chaos, right, you live in Jurassic Park. We've talked about it. It's Florida the Flies meets Jurassic Park. But you're you're at a Wendy's in Florida and you're having a lovely day. Let's say there was no argument. You just open the window because the next customer's you know, turn is there and the second you open the window, he chucks in a live alligator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you process? But if there was.
Speaker 3: An argument and it was like, you know, I'm gonna throw this gator, Like, if you have a second to think about it. That's very different than just you know, twelve ninety one, sir, and then fire in the hole.
Speaker 2: Here comes an alligator. My god, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 3: How do you have time to process? It's Florida again. You have to know that there's gators, but not in the window of a Wendy's.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, that guy who actually had the gator is just sitting there at the window and he's just shoulderlling, giggling, can't wait wait for this.
Speaker 3: I'm picturing a relatively small gator. Otherwise, I don't know you're throwing through the window. It's probably a baby gator.
Speaker 2: But still so I'm panicking. Yeah, that's terrify.
Speaker 4: I'm just screaming. I'm making that uh like sound like I can't. Don't do that again, I don't do that, all right, that's your go to sound.
Speaker 3: Another dumb question. There's gator on a stick at the Minnesota State Fair. Are there any fast food joints in Florida? Not necessarily Wendyes, it have gator on the menu.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, is it. Yeah?
Speaker 4: I wonder if there are well, because like up here, weren't there some Rby's that did like a venison sandwich.
Speaker 2: That sounds familiar.
Speaker 4: I think you're right, so they Why wouldn't regional product regional products?
Speaker 3: I doubt Wendy's in Florida has gator fingers wow or no.
Speaker 2: Strips. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wish I could tell you, but I googled it and everything. It's just nothing but this story. Yeah, I bet they do. Yeah, I would bet that's a thing. Apparently people are eating iguanas down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw that on pizzas. Yeah, because they get.
Speaker 6: They get when it's so cold, they'll just fall out of trees, which one time I was in Florida and I was so excited. I'm like, I gotta see iguanna just drop out of a tree. Got to see it at the golf course on television. Never got to see it. But yeah, they are putting them on pizza.
Speaker 3: Would you eat an iguana pizza? No, sauce.
Speaker 2: I might try it. I don't even with mushrooms on it. Have you ever had the gator at the State Fair? No?
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, I've tried it and it's a little greasy.
Speaker 2: Would you eat it again? No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: If it was gater nuggets at Wendy's in Florida. No, No, I'd prefer just to throw a gator through a window. Wow, that sounds like something one time.
Speaker 3: Do you know the only fast food join in Florida that starts with the debut as water Burger?
Speaker 2: What about Wendy's?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: The New York Post says that New York singles, specifically females are looking for love at medieval times. Their story says, quote, it's like Hooters, but for women. I've been to a medieval times. I mean it's pretty nice. Yeah, it's pretty calm down. Yeah, it's uh, it's like the bitten cable guy. That's why me, Dobb and our buddy Will Bucklin win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's making up the way. Will is not a real person. No, he is a real person. He's never been never been mentioned.
Speaker 3: Our buddy Todd cron Bush just said, no gator in fast food joints down in Florida, because Todd lives down there.
Speaker 2: Todd, you're the best, dude, Todd.
Speaker 4: Sweet Raising Cain's River Center and Baton Rouge their concession stands.
Speaker 2: You can get into the concession stand there. Hmmm.
Speaker 4: Isn't that where Raising Caines started? Was on the l s U campus. Yes, yeah, I think we've learned that when we interviewed it.
Speaker 3: Look at Todd crohn Bush from Florida, and then you're talking about Todd Graves.
Speaker 4: A couple of Todds that were fans of the only two Todds. I like the only two raising krohn Bush.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't name another Todd that you like. Nope about Todd Bridges?
Speaker 2: Is that the I from different Strokes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Isn't he dead? I don't know. I lose track? Is still with us? Track of whose whipps? I don't keep track? I would Wikipedia do that? What about?
Speaker 3: What about Todd Bauman? What about Todd Steuciy? I like Todd Steuci. Todd Bouman is a nice guy. Todd Bridges is still with us?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What about Todd Christly? He knows best is in prison pardoned? Why wouldn't he? Yeah? Why wouldn't Yeah, he's famous.
Speaker 4: I guess if you're going to be a reality TV star in jail, he did get pardoned.
Speaker 2: You are correct, helps yep.
Speaker 3: But back to medieval times, because Sauce has been there. Apparently chicks are into nights and most are you watching Night of the Seven Kingdoms.
Speaker 9: I am not on this one. No, no, the the follow ups I have none. Okay, is it as good?
Speaker 2: I mean serious?
Speaker 3: Repeat take from almost two hours ago, which is fine, new listeners. There's only six episodes in this season of Night of the Seven Kingdoms.
Speaker 2: The finale is next Sunday, so in unity and is their incest. That's why Tommy is so far not interesting. So most people love game of thing. There are only like thirty forty minutes each other. It's a quicker watch.
Speaker 3: First three episodes, I thought, this is beautifully shot, this is well acted, this is fine. He's trying to enter like a jousting slash night tournament. Through three episodes, I'm like, there's no tournament to be found. Nothing's happened. This is boring, right, like, but it's the threeas something happened please episode rule.
Speaker 2: Right where you gotta watch at least three episodes. That was the first three, I'm like and like man.
Speaker 3: After three, I'm like, man, nothing's happening though, and then stuff happened. In four, I'm like whoa. And then last night was un freaking out believable. We broke this down two hours ago. Most but temporarily. It had a perfect score on IMDb. Really, and there was a tweet that said, last night's Night of the Seven Kingdoms episode and however you say that word from Breaking Bad that we googled earlier was like the only two perfect episodes in the history of IMDb.
Speaker 1: For TV.
Speaker 3: Now it's dropped to a nine point eight. But yeah, I can see why. It was epic. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: So the start three and then four or five six are going to be just four? Five?
Speaker 3: Four was a ramp. Five was a home run. I don't know what six is going to be. But man, so I was worried that it was a waste of my time, but now I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad I stuck with it. That was Epic's the.
Speaker 3: Only other word to use. It was unbelievably worth the weight. It's actually three episodes are perfect.
Speaker 4: Ten.
Speaker 2: The pilot of Happiest Place, m Do you watch Happy? No? No? I love Riba but no oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's someone with Minnesota's owned Melissipe. Yeah right, yep, we still be on this show, god Bears, we really do. Yeah. She's on game shows all the time. She hosted a game show. She's on a bunch of sitcoms. She's been in Great Coen Brothers. She hasn't been on this show. I know she's been on our show back in the day.
Speaker 2: It must be nice. She would be on like every time she came into town. She's awesome, she's funny. Is she in town? I would bet she's in l A probably. Yeah. She has family heres? Oh yeah? Good? Is she really? Is she the lady in Fargo that says God Bears?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. Absolutely, yeah, And she improvised that line.
Speaker 4: I thought you meant like she's like I thought you said go bets because she's like from White Bear.
Speaker 2: No, no, she Uh.
Speaker 4: It's actually one of the few times where the Coen Brothers let somebody kind of because normally you have to read exactly what they say, because The Big Lebowski is mostly all scripted. Yeah, which is unbelievable with all.
Speaker 2: The uh last week. Police in Florida seemed to be a Florida theme today.
Speaker 3: Confronted a thirty year old man because they thought he resembled somebody with an active arrest warrant.
Speaker 2: They asked him his name. He said his name was George Costanza on Beautiful It Is Check his wallet. His name was not George Costanza.
Speaker 3: They later id'd him as Josiah Darlene, though they did that through facial recognition. So then he was arrested on an outstanding trespassing warrant along with an added charge for resisting an officer. So he just didn't want to admit who he was because he probably knew he had a warrant, not the warrant.
Speaker 2: That they were looking for.
Speaker 3: They thought they were looking for somebody else, So he said his name was George Costanzra. And this story points out that when Seinfeld ended, this kid would have been two years old.
Speaker 6: Well, it would have been ridiculous to say, oh, I had a Cosmo Kramer, that's my name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, George Costanza.
Speaker 3: Again, this is Florida. He was on meth. He was drunk. He thought it was a good idea. I gotta give him. I gotta give him a fake name. Yeah, let's give your kist.
Speaker 2: Kill him with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you can get him to a laugh. Maybe they'll be like, hey, that's kind of funny. You should right now, you can go, Yeah, you can go right this way.
Speaker 1: Bus.
Speaker 2: How old are you? I am? Fifty three fifty three pod grounds. Thanks, I made it this far, mus I think you can do this.
Speaker 3: Then, Happy birthday today to one of the best sports nicknames of all time. Happy birthday to the bus Jerome Bettis. Oh, yes, the bus. The bus is great. How old is he?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that he's going to be forty three? Can I guess you're how old? Fifty three? And you think he's forty three? I think he's ten years younger than I am.
Speaker 3: Interesting choice. He's fifty four, he's fifty four. The buss is fifty four. A bus is still with us, right, Yeah, for sure, fifty four. Court doesn't pay attention to the death.
Speaker 2: The death. That's why I took American sign language for two years in college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, he's correct. Fine, No, oh the death, the death. Yeah, you said you don't care about keeping up with people living? Oh, got it?
Speaker 2: No, forty three. That's a terrible guess. What he's in your three?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: I know, but that's like the busts have tired In nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 2: He played a notre dame in the eighties. He didn't wear a helmet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty three. That's one of the all time worst guesses. By the way, oh no, you're not going your Your performance on password was not terrible, thank you, Yeah, you got it was not terrible. No, Sweedberg was using words I have no.
Speaker 2: No, I still don't know any of those words.
Speaker 3: I think the camel is the That was the perfect clue for for camels.
Speaker 2: That I mean, I knew it, drama dry, Yes, what is the head? And he's used mandible Barb was right, everybody, you should know.
Speaker 3: That's a jaw, the first man jaw, first thing that popped into my head.
Speaker 2: I was not kidding. I was like baby Yoda, No, wait, he's handle a right. But I don't remember who said this unfined, but they're right.
Speaker 3: If you would if you had said before the game to Sweatburg, you and must are going to crack sixty points, he'd say, I'll take it. Yeah, right, I'll take the loss, but I'll take it. That means at least we had some fun. Oh and you guys got like sixty points.
Speaker 6: His favorite thing with my hand motion, he had already answered correctly.
Speaker 2: I just heard that.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it, which that's too bad because you did have a wonderful clue. But I also saw the hand motion. I would have probably called and write it on you. He had already said the word.
Speaker 3: He said baby steps, and that was a baby step. I thought, you're you're moving in the right direction. Yes, that was not the learning you're getting there. It was a brilliant clue dead last though. For sure, you gotta be invited first.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Yeah, I mean it's a camel. What was the word again?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: How?
Speaker 2: You and Sweatberg are the only people that know that? Yeah? Why wouldn't you lead with heard that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, lovely lady, You imagine if you had if he had said humps, what you would have guessed?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good point. Mandibles, couch cushions. He a mandible? Who knows what?
Speaker 4: Idiots?
Speaker 2: I know that was the thing. I'm like, I'm on your team.
Speaker 6: Look at what I literally said. You've known me since nineteen ninety three. You know how dumb I am.
Speaker 4: Got Yeah, terrible clues. I can't say that word to Muss, Uh Muss, you're the best.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week. Let you guys all right.
Speaker 3: Nine to Noon is next to Power Trip returns five thirty to nine tomorrow.
Speaker 1: See then listen back to today's Power to Morning show, or to your previous show.
Speaker 2: That's The podcast is on the iHeartRadio app or KFA dot com