Speaker 1: Good morning lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine. I woke up yesterday morning with us. Bring us to start later, please, I could never know if the day with us for Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram super duper. That's nice.
Speaker 2: Fight to goo Nito gayes boy. That is good news.
Speaker 3: Well it is the twenty fifth day of November twenty twenty five. Good morning everybody. Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show, Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. Very grateful that you are here with this. My name is Chris Hockey and here's what we got on tap. Johnny Bones on his way in. It gonna be good to talk to him as always. I'm Marti glarn A little bit later as well, cast O thousands of the regulars and some comedy from Charlene Kay. Power Trip Morning Show starting off on a Tuesday morning. Who's playing quarterback this week? Let's find out together? Come on in now. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: If I had to sing a Taylor swip song, I figured out the industry secret.
Speaker 2: Here's the formula. She starts every song in sea she goes, this is a verson. I'm singing in the major key.
Speaker 4: It's gonna to move to alinor six in and chill and to the four which were mistful and I'm sure, and to the five it's questioning and bright red Frae Larson's tack out the house a redy Frank Courcy. And then I'm singing really low, just to keep you on your.
Speaker 1: Toes about Maddie, about Choe Might before you rot saying are we out of the wood? Out of the wood?
Speaker 5: You know we had this said, no.
Speaker 1: It's not a dude.
Speaker 2: The bridge and I'm singing the bridge.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My time gets a rap and I'm singing the bridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the thing I can't get to rap sometimes to speaker's just.
Speaker 1: Like this conversation.
Speaker 4: I'm just like your best friend, what's coming up next?
Speaker 1: Going? Is that how you play? Taylors s I like you all asking type likely.
Speaker 7: Line.
Speaker 3: It is weirs on your side. You hear the distance thunder this lad in stray.
Speaker 1: Today again Sad Power Too. Morning Show, Tuesday, November twenty twenty five, two days away from Thanksgiving, three days away from Black Friday, and all of America from seven to nine, Powership turns twenty four. The rest of the show's in the station very happy for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, ye, Wait till next year.
Speaker 1: Yep, wait till next year, Wait untill they see what we do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what's great is, of course they're all older than us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both in length of show and age period. So it's you know, they don't like when we're getting attention. I heard Common yesterday say that, you know, it's all about the power to a morning show.
Speaker 2: We get all the attention.
Speaker 1: Part of the reason we do this is for what at least half of this show's run. Yeah, no one mentioned us. We will go to the big company meetings. No one cared about the red headed stepchild, the power Trip morning show. Cute. You guys are like third or fourth place, and you guys have like a decent little share. Yeah and then uh no, last last ten years. It was decent last ten years. A little bit different than the rest of the station. Doesn't like when we get attention, too bad? Right again, Wait until next year we turned twenty five.
Speaker 2: A lot of them pretend that they say that it doesn't bother them.
Speaker 1: Oh it does, it does. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter to me, man, As long as I get to do what I want.
Speaker 1: It don't matter to Jesus, right, I bet it does. Do you think if you asked, if you asked every cafe and listener across all the shows and said, do you believe the four shows on the on the fan get along? What percentage of listeners do you think we that they think we all like each other?
Speaker 2: All four shows like each other.
Speaker 3: That's a turn of a question.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't even know. It's a tough one, man.
Speaker 3: I would say people who listen to Barrow would say that he hates us, specifically us.
Speaker 2: Maybe I would say the same thing about people who listen to Common.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as us. Yeah, I just think he hates me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, you know what I mean? Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: The truth is again, it's like we're out of here pretty early, so we see Pa and Nordo every day.
Speaker 2: Brandon gets here early, so.
Speaker 1: I see Brannon almost every day most days. You know, the morning shows. Don't see the afternoon shows very often. No, Gery Brothers that I believe? Wow, are you really? Oh? Tell justin to say the hyda Sauce's dad for making he banged my dad.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that. I just said tell Jess and to say hi to him.
Speaker 3: That's one good thing about Jersey. He keeps secrets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my dad doesn't.
Speaker 1: I'll be That's like Haley's comment though, right we we see him passing in the night once in a while. No, not them.
Speaker 2: You know, every seventy five.
Speaker 1: Years it comes around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh no, Oh, Tommy? Oh are we seeing Tommy tomorrow?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Friday, Friday, Oh, okay, Crest tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I don't know Friday. I thought we were maybe moving somebody to tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow. Gernard is on with us tomorrow, by the way, that is a.
Speaker 2: Damn and Tommy Ryman tomorrow. We're loaded.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, we're loaded, so we're gonna finish being twenty three. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Grenard's today, Grenard's today. Yeah, yeah, Town plus er tomorrow.
Speaker 1: YEA, that's all right. So we have to ask Jonathan again or if somebody from the Vikings is listening. Last week when Jonathan was on the show, remember I think I led with you did so does this mean you're off the injury report? Because I thought you couldn't talk to the media if you were injured, And he's like, I don't know, you know, trying to be ready by Sunday and then obviously he was on the injury report all week and didn't play. Yeah, So am I just making that up in my head? Is that a team rule? Is that an unwritten rule? Is that not an NFL rule that if you're on the injury report you're not supposed to do media.
Speaker 3: You're asking a great question.
Speaker 2: Maybe I just make that up in my head.
Speaker 1: No, I thought the same.
Speaker 2: I thought that's what it was. Yeah, I thought the exactly it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if somebody from the Vikings is listening, let us know what the rule is, because hey, we're not trying to get anybody in trouble. And maybe he thought he was going to play but still was on the injury report all week.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you who knows the answer to that question is the people who would decide whether or not he can be on our show or not, right, and they would never let him on if he couldn't.
Speaker 2: Be exactly correct.
Speaker 1: That's why I was saying, like last week, two weeks ago, he wasn't on our show, and then he didn't play, but last week when he called in, I'm like, this has got to be a super good sign that he's playing this week. Whoopsiees well, two straight weeks without Grenard and we're going to start with sports.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to yesterday.
Speaker 1: Right, ask him bout shall receive Max Brosmer unless something dramatically changes, Right, JJ McCarthy is in the concussion protocol. Rosmer taking first team snaps all week, and.
Speaker 6: Over the course of our travel home, reported some kind of symptoms and in regards to you know, his head, and we wanted to get back here once we you know, kind of heard that he was evaluated last night, and after completing those tests, our training staff and doctors and medical team have decided that the right place for him is put him into the protocol for now and he'll go through that process this week.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: So not necessarily Rosmer starting on Sunday, but if JJ isn't ready, Koc said he has a lot of confidence in Max, and then Max is getting first team reps. Yep, whoopsies, I'm excited. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his absorption of the offense was and throughout his first day here, all the way through training camp, playing in some of those games, playing against the Titans first team unit, you know, in that preseason game, defensively and moving the team and getting the ball out and seeing things at a at a you know, a veteran level type of eye progression. I think, you know, we all have a lot of confidence in Max.
Speaker 1: What if Bro.
Speaker 3: Comes out and he is the next whoever that guy is in San Francisco, then.
Speaker 2: That's great for the Vikings.
Speaker 3: What if it happens to go, Yeah, what if this is the week we all look back on and go, remember remember his first week.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the same optimism about JJ. We just we want a franchise quarterback that's ours, that we built, and that is young and that we can have for ten or fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't care who it is. I don't care if it's sauce. Really, I just hope, Well, if you were that good, that'd be great. God hate it, Yeah, you would hate it? Or God would hate it. Yeah, I think you said God.
Speaker 3: I said God, I would hate it. But now that you're you're right, You're right. I never see with God.
Speaker 2: Wait, he wakes it from an what did I do what happened?
Speaker 3: He created you just to be a foil?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Do we find a franchise quarterback before the age that Louis is ready to play football?
Speaker 2: Can Louis sling it?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, does Louis have more football talent than is dead?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I see if I got more than McCarthy, well I might Okay, I mean if I got maybe, if I don't think I could get back up? Yeah, you're not like that one band? Yeah, Chumberwomball played. Is this the last we see a McCarthy? No, I mean just like Trey Lance and Brock Party. If Frozemer is awesome, it might be that's how this works.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why we got a cheer for him, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Here for who j J.
Speaker 1: Cheer for whoever slings exactly what I mean? For sure, I'm cheering for a lot whoever is a quarterback. I'm cheering for whoever is young and potentially a franchise quarterback to play well for the Vikings. Can I ask the conspiracy theory question?
Speaker 3: Yes, because I like it?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know where I'm going with this? Yeah, go ahead, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: If I had a concussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would probably probably probably know when I got my bell rung. That's number one, and then number two if you're the Vikes, if you're Koc, no offense to our guy Koc. They fled out admitted they're like, yeah, we're not even really sure when he got hit and which hit it was. Obviously that's possible, especially if it's a slight concussion or something. I get it, but it's a little bit weird when everybody thinks this is another soft benching and you can't even tell us which hit it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's because there were so many and I mean for real, and he reported it for the first time on the flight home. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm asking a real question. Have you ever had a concussion?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Like you don't know, Oh, I knew immediately.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had a couple at the.
Speaker 3: Piss knocked out of me and I didn't I mean literally like almost literally, but I had no idea what was going on in the world. I wasn't able to say I have a concussion because I wasn't sure where I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I when I got mine are you getting emotional. Yeah, well your concussion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got leapt in the forehead by a huge set of testicles.
Speaker 1: That knocked you out. Ye up again. Yeah we can say that kind of stuff. It's before six o'clock. We haven't turned twenty four yet. We can get away with that. So you got with a set of nuts.
Speaker 3: He was in the wrestling team for one day and he's like, check that off my forehead.
Speaker 2: And he was wrestling the mountain.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so just some mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just worked out that way.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Zach, you want to tell your story.
Speaker 5: So you were saying, no, I sent a cottage grove a kid to a hospital the hospital.
Speaker 9: Recently, you know, yes, like and I was like Jesus should like we were twelve or something, okay, animal twelve okay, and uh hope and ice hit.
Speaker 5: He flew back, I flew back. He went to the hospital. I went to the bench, and I couldn't. I was all of a sudden, just super quiet. And I wasn't even like my it was like the I was just functioning. And know, maybe you can relate, Chris, but like it was just like you're just kind of existing. Yeah, for a while, and then I finally realized when I couldn't see the puck that something might be wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in a dream state, what I would say, That's what's what I felt like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just like because there was like and I said whatever, and before they knew that he was going to go to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was just like.
Speaker 1: Uh, but both things could also be true, right, Yeah, of course he could have a concussion, but they still love using this as an excuse. Even if he might have a concussion, they might be like, oh, am, I want to sit this week out.
Speaker 2: Let's we need to be extra safe.
Speaker 1: Let's uh have one of those independent doctors evaluate you for the next six weeks.
Speaker 2: How many fires are been holding up to?
Speaker 5: No, you're wrong, you got to sit up, which also happens hockey team made of mine later on, a couple of years after we they he could have played, and the coaches insisted on his safety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, take a seat. Oops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Johnny Bones, he was supposed to be here.
Speaker 1: Yep, oh here are you. He's in a dream state right now. Yes, let's go about three hours of sleepless. That's plenty for you.
Speaker 2: Let's go next level.
Speaker 10: I went to bed at ten fifteen. I woke up at one fifty something. I can fromed ever since baseball knocking around level. Help give that a poll?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay before six o'clock.
Speaker 1: Hey, what if? What if the Vikings have been waiting for a franchise quarterback for you know whatever, forever and it's a freaking Gopher right like man undrafted to We had Adam Webber on a couple of weeks ago. Right, we can't get a Gopher quarterback to get drafted. It's been what like almost fifty years. Who was the last go for quarterback? But something like that?
Speaker 3: Sock Rapids Sandals?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sock Rappid Sandals, the vacation the worst boy, the worst of the Sandals resorts, I would, Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 5: I love sock wrapping. A terrible place to make's terrible.
Speaker 1: Isn't it? Something like the seventies?
Speaker 2: Think it's the seventies.
Speaker 1: The seventies was the last time we had a Gopher quarterback get drafted. Corey Souder not get drafted. He didn't. Okay, nope, so the dude't nope, the big Nope not either. So my point is is, what if, Well, We've been waiting for a guy just to get picked, and now we get an undrafted one and he's the guy.
Speaker 2: How awesome would.
Speaker 1: That be if a Gopher is the quarterback of the Viking to the next ten or fifteen years. Man and again, man, it's fun to dreat.
Speaker 3: I hate it for JJ McCarthy, but you'd love it for everybody else who cares as long as we have a quarterback.
Speaker 1: You know you know what I mean and what sucks the most if it is truly over for McCarthy, who again just has like statistically the worst start ever.
Speaker 2: Corey, you are correct. What is seventy seventy two?
Speaker 1: Seventy two? Craig Curry was that according to it wasn't pizza pasta. No pizza pasta.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: He got knocked out in the first round. He is a forever concussion. But like, it's hard not to feel awful for JJ as a human because he seems like a great dude. Everybody seems to love him as a person. He just can't throw it very well. Zach your hands up.
Speaker 5: How does Tommy All should not have a bet from like eight years ago saying that in the next fifteen at Gopher will be a starting quarterback.
Speaker 1: He did say was CALLI K Manison be like a Heisman winner offensive player of the year. But that's right, this is one of those long term Gopher bets that he should have thought of and made, like a Gopher will start in the NFL in the next ten years or something like that.
Speaker 2: He was about to win it if he did make that. He didn't. But that's sex point. We don't know.
Speaker 5: That for sure though, because we're going to get a bets tweet about five minutes there.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We might.
Speaker 1: We might see Max on Sunday. I'd much rather see Max on Sunday. Let's go it can't get can't get worse, can't get worse. Yeah, yeah, it's a happy little song. We could use a happy little yeah. Winter was nuts. Yeah, the fog was intense. To finish, are we supposed to get four to six inches of snow and it was north of us? It's more so moving south.
Speaker 2: Will you plow my driveway? Hawk?
Speaker 3: Do you really want me to answer that question?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, I will, thank you so, just so I have this right, you would like Chris to come over to your house and plow my driveway more the Powership Morning Show.
Speaker 3: After this on the fan, Everyboddy, Welcome to the Max brosmer Era Minnesota Viking's football perhaps perchance?
Speaker 2: Maybe how about yep? How about this sauce? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: I like that sauce. Is that the cream fresh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna want sauce because shokapie the big game pig roast at Borderwalk Kitchen and Bar with with kfe ands meat sauce. You get the twenty five dollars plate, drink specials, and you get to watch the Purple take on Seattle at three?
Speaker 3: Is this fine? China? Why what do I want a twenty five dollars plate?
Speaker 1: Anything on it?
Speaker 5: You must be able to put some of that pig on there. Oh great food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're going to roast me mettle cost.
Speaker 5: Daff in dot com calendar see a keyword calendar for all the details.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: I like shot on Sundays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be fun. Yeah man, yeah, you guys snow real quick? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 11: Coming across elbow A Alexandria, Little Falls and the upturned brainerd over toward Mora and Hinkley's kind of the region where we're expecting the heaviest snow, and that's kind of like our kind of five to eight inch area in there Bargo South. At least initially, it's going to start out as a little bit of rain with a quick with the transition to snow there in the starting in the late morning out toward alex and then through the afternoon towards Saint Cloud and by the evening by the time you get to the twin city.
Speaker 3: That's right, it's starting to head this way.
Speaker 1: They're thinking.
Speaker 3: They're saying one to three inches as rain changes to snow tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh great, get that nice water base underneath the snow. That's right, we need water, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so uh six to eight now in Cambridge you wish twelve and Hinkley you really wish six st eight and little falls and drive buddy four to six here in Hutchinson. Oh you're welcome four to six down to faire Bolt. So yeah, it tracked significantly southern last night, man.
Speaker 1: So last day essentially quickly to get some yard things done. Yeah, get that stuff put away.
Speaker 10: I filled up the motorcycle with gas and stable yesterday.
Speaker 2: The end of an era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is time to put it away.
Speaker 2: I was twenty twenty five for motorcycle riding.
Speaker 1: I was pretty lax in my motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Oh no riding, that was the rumor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, gets that stable into those engines, kids coming, Get.
Speaker 3: The stable in there.
Speaker 1: Get a sidecar too. Yeah, that's a good idea. You ever put Chrissy in a sidecar? And I have never known which.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a good point. Probably I would probably ride in a sidecar.
Speaker 3: Maybe in a corner.
Speaker 10: Gleaman would definitely not ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clean, tomorrow morning is gonna suck driving.
Speaker 11: I like it.
Speaker 5: We get No, it's the forty to forty five mile prior wind gusts.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's when you ride your motorcycle, last chance bonus.
Speaker 5: Yeah you won't after that ride.
Speaker 1: Just blow off, top it off with more stable. Yeah, you'll be fe stable your balls. Yeah, you got horse stare your horse. What a great promotion for gleaming in the Geek if you ride your motorcycle and Gleaman sits in the sidecar and you guys driving around town screaming twins daily dot cown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just do the podcast around town.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why don't you do something for the for the world?
Speaker 1: I agree? Man, Do you guys have a viral strategy where you're trying to get attention.
Speaker 3: People say you don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well we don't. They're gonna say you're not They're gonna start saying you don't do the things that used to make you great. Yeah, and that'll piss you off. Trust that'll bring the India out of hockey out of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll think you want to fight.
Speaker 3: Not that we would know, no, no, yeah, man, there's wind gusts or something else.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, like if you get three inches of snow with some wind gusts, it feels like you're in a blizzard. That's the best. And then the next day you're like, where'd that snow go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That has brought the winter storm warning southern as well.
Speaker 2: We are in that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I we have snowcross in three weeks, now up in the very tip of Michigan, up up at the top, you know, and they're supposed to get eighteen inches, which couldn't be more perfect.
Speaker 2: That's perfect snow cross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, man, right, I want to move somewhere where, Like every couple of weeks in the wedding you have to deal with a blizzard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Colorado or bust just move up into the mountains in Colorado and then you can still go down in night Glove. Yes, but in the mountains it's a nightmare.
Speaker 3: And there's some that to dead Wood. Man, I'm gonna tell you you can be I.
Speaker 5: Don't know if Chris wants to go down in Colorado again, we listen.
Speaker 3: I know that I ruined her life and I apologize.
Speaker 2: What if she's like a mayor someftwhere that's not nice?
Speaker 1: Like, uh, to Sausa's point, what if that truly was her rock bottom?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did that for her and she walked away and she said I have to do better. Yeah, and now she's on the Supreme Court. Yeah, that's where her AA story starts. Right.
Speaker 3: Can you do me a favor and just say something sweet like she wobbled away because it hurts so bad?
Speaker 2: I mean, did you do that part to her?
Speaker 1: No? No, well maybe she.
Speaker 2: Walked around going you want to know how I got these scars?
Speaker 1: Speaking of Thanksgiving, so what's what's the weather supposed to be two days from now? Yes, I supposed to be garbage in the next twenty four hours. Is it's supposed to.
Speaker 10: Be supposed to be doing the Turkey day five k downtown on Thursday. Oh good lass that sundingistic Like idiots, we signed up for it like yesterday, two days ago.
Speaker 2: Twenty six and partly sunny, no but no more snow.
Speaker 3: Yeah I have twenty nine Chillian dry. Is what Caro Levin sand right now?
Speaker 1: Even better snow likely Friday night. Now they're saying, oh yeah, I'm seeing that tea. That's fine.
Speaker 3: We have flurries on Sunday and showers on snow showers on Saturday. It's what Caro Levin's sand. Yeah, look at yah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean snow showers.
Speaker 1: Bring it on, man, yeah, bring time.
Speaker 3: You know, it's time. I got myself all acclimated this past weekend.
Speaker 1: You guys know that.
Speaker 3: Well maybe you've never done at Court, but there's a long walk from the press box in Green Bay along a ramp that is literally around half the stadium. You have to walk, and it was it was britt chilly there in Green Bay, and I made sure I didn't wear thick clothing. It's time to get acclimated. Man, you got and you got to purchase so bad.
Speaker 1: My memory is I remember going to the press box in Green Bay and thinking it was boring as hell because it's a library. Because that the glass like completely sound proofs the crowd completely. So it's kind of a terrible environment to watch a football game. And I went back later with my mom. Actually in the stands in Lambo's unbelievable, but in the press box it actually sucks. But I don't remember that ramp, So that was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Is I would?
Speaker 1: I would say.
Speaker 3: Three quarters of the football field long, damn and you have to walk it every time to go from the press box to the locker room. And I've done it in the middle of the night in about minus twenty in the wind.
Speaker 1: So do they have that long of a ramp in case you need to get a four wheeler up to the press box or how does it work? I think that's what it is.
Speaker 3: I think they want to try to keep the players away from the presses by as much distance as possible. Yeah, and uh, I don't know. It is interesting though, because, uh, you to watch what's happening below you with the crowd exiting the stadium, and uh, just watch the cops having to deal with them. They're just some super drunk people. Oh yeah, I believe it just wasted they're either wasted, happy or wasted?
Speaker 1: Said, how is that not news? By the way, what's that that NFL owners are just showing up to the game absolutely s faced. I know.
Speaker 2: It's just like if Ziggy was point three, it would be on the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the Packers owners just walk up or drive up to the stadium hammered.
Speaker 2: Yea, and nobody says a word. How is that fair?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're shooting people.
Speaker 1: They are, Yeah, some of them do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're doing weird things in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Name a really serious crime, Paul, your dad's a lawyer. Name of a serious crime. Sure, they've done that. Packers owners have committed murder. Think about that, and we don't do anything packer stock? Maybe packerstock?
Speaker 3: Is that like Woodstock?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who plays for sure?
Speaker 2: Name another crime fighting? Wow, the apple sometimes falls pretty far.
Speaker 1: From the tree. Well, the apple in my case got kicked down the wall. I think it might have been a different tree. Was your mom and the milkman?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 12: Front Page Sports in a second? Is the power hip morning show on the fan? Okay, our beloved friends at the Minnesota Vikings have sent me this.
Speaker 3: Message.
Speaker 1: They explained it.
Speaker 3: There's no rule against injured players speaking to the media other than those in the concussion Protocol.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: It's kind of an unwritten rule. If a guy's practicing, he's typically going to speak with the media like normal. But again, if you're the concussion protocol, that is the only rule.
Speaker 1: Got it? So no JJ interviews the next couple of days until he's cleared.
Speaker 3: I would guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that explains why we can have Grenard. All right, So we were kind of wrong, mostly wrong, almost completely wrong. What else is new? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else is new?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We've getting is wrong for almost twenty four years.
Speaker 1: That stop.
Speaker 2: Now let's do Front Page Sports, shall we.
Speaker 3: Let's ask Johnny Bones. Are you okay with that? I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 3: You got any any cool things to add?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 5: For Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores, you guys are the best. You can get Celsius at Holiday two for five bucks. Mix and match any Celsius flavors you want.
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised.
Speaker 1: You can spin the wheel. They have some strange ones. But man, people love Celsius, and I think they like the variety. Well that's the Yeah, the point at holiday two for five mix and matchinny flavors you want, like that Mandarin marshmallow, whatever the hell Tommy drinks. Yeah, that's what his nickname should be, really should be the Van Marshmallow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So do you guys remember on Friday when the Wolves had an eight point lead with about a minute ago and they lost. Yes, they didn't know.
Speaker 2: They talked about it all day.
Speaker 1: Yes, they lost to the Phoenix Suns on Friday in dramatic fashion by blowing a late, late, late eight point lead. Now, when you have an eight point lead with a minute to go in the NBA, it's it's mostly over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The last night they had a ten point lead with three minutes to go. Now, three minutes in the NBA is an eternity. It's like thought's gonna happen. Yeah, sure, yeah, But they were up ten on a terrible Sacramento squad with three minutes ago and they lost in overtime one seventeen to one, twelve, second straight absolute collapse by the Minnesota Timberwolves, and did have forty three sixteen of twenty nine shooting. That is the first loss this year to a team with a losing record. So the Wolves fall to ten and seven the Sacramento Kings in dramatic fashion. Now five and thirteen, and it doesn't get easier because the Wolves tomorrow night at Oklahoma City at the defending champs six thirty for our fourth NBA Cup game, and they are seventeen and one. That's good, Yeah, real good. Normally I get nervous when talking basketball because I don't know normally much about Yeah that, don't be nervous.
Speaker 2: Don't be nervous.
Speaker 5: I don't have to be, because yesterday was pretty easy to analyze. That was one of the worst performances of a basketball team I've ever seen. Down the stretch a plus an gave the ball away. There was one time where we stole it, took the you know that's where like the.
Speaker 1: Ball, Yes, took it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were familiar, I'm not kidding you, right back to them.
Speaker 1: It was like we finally got to steal it.
Speaker 2: And then we throw back.
Speaker 5: We're down late and we have an inbound and Julius Randall throws it right.
Speaker 1: To the Sacramento King.
Speaker 2: I mean it was so he was trying to throw it to amble to a king.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think because they have working for the mob.
Speaker 1: It happened enough and the whole team.
Speaker 5: I think if you were to blindfolded everybody on the Wolves last night, they would have had better pass accuracy than they did.
Speaker 2: I mean it was he was at bird box.
Speaker 3: Do what.
Speaker 1: He's on a group chatty, just ask you for some recommendation. So yeah, the Wolves blew it again. Congratulations, thanks for the breakdown. Backful, I can't even the foul, oh man, the bird So.
Speaker 2: The Wolves for the foul, honestly down one.
Speaker 5: If they foul, they get the Sacramento gets two shots and then it's still one score game. There's a pre inbound foul because one of our guys tackled one of their guys before the ball was thrown in, so they get the free free throw. They make it, and then they make the other two, so it's a two score game. Basically, it was awful. This is getting to be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You know what would help?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 2: Point guard?
Speaker 1: That's what this team needs. A real shot in the arm for this squad.
Speaker 3: Something God wish somebody would do a website about this squad.
Speaker 2: Bonus, do you do one?
Speaker 1: Got it zone coverage dot com?
Speaker 2: See all right, hang on a second, though, that's not a very good name.
Speaker 1: A better name than zone coverage dot com about the Timberwolves is the fans Paul Lambert, Come on, Polly, don't let us down me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, got it in the paint with Bony dot com down the lane with it's gotta be wolves related.
Speaker 3: Oh what you just said is pornographic.
Speaker 5: Well you should have heard the regular name of the original amazone coverage was it bones coverage?
Speaker 3: That actually makes way more sense and it's about college.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you changed the name.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, and that would be one of those bits where Zachos of the website, I don't see what was my pass right here?
Speaker 10: But welcome back right in a long time alorting to your videos today twenty years ago, when I was twins geek dot com, You're not. I O went and reserved you know, vikings geek Wolves geek and then tried to reserve wild geek.
Speaker 1: And it turns out wild geek is a great different type. Yeah, it is absolutely the wild geek.
Speaker 3: Porph made the message boards.
Speaker 1: Bring you are going to brand the idea of geeks like the geek Squad? Was that you two?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: That was damn that that's the money there, that's sure. Oh yeah, still in I think he send every best Buy.
Speaker 2: Still I've seen almost I should ask Dovid.
Speaker 1: They've cut it from a few, but I don't really want to talk to him, especially around the holidays. Yeah, we mentioned it to start the show, but let's go through it again. JJ McCarthy in concussion protocol. He reported symptoms on the flight back from Green Bay, had not pinpointed the exact hit. M Max Brosmer will take first team reps until JJ McCarthy clears protocol, but again, we don't know if that's the case before Sunday when the Vikings take on Sam Darnold in the Seattle seahawksy in Washington. Yeah, that game is at three to oh five right here on the fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh. The game is going to be fun because Seattle is a cool place to play football. Very loud, it's very loud. There's a very good chance that Dave Matthews will be there.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every Seattle football year like that.
Speaker 2: He's here now in the national anthem.
Speaker 3: How's it going to sound?
Speaker 2: I think that's the pledge of But yeah, it'll be great. Rocket, Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Please don't interrupt the pledge of allegiance.
Speaker 2: And also with you. They don't do that. They don't do what pledge of allegiance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think? I don't think that you're gonna find out when lou goes to school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna put him in a private yesterday, deep breath.
Speaker 2: I don't think I will.
Speaker 1: I don't think I learned from a very smart man.
Speaker 2: Why would you pay the taxes you pay in the city you live in to send them to private school?
Speaker 3: Who told you about that?
Speaker 2: A person who hates me referencing them on the air. I don't like what he quotes me Corla's He always says that, and he's right. No, I'm not even anti private school. There's a lot of great private schools.
Speaker 1: But if you're in a city that has ridiculous taxes because they have the best public schools, go live in a bad town and then send your kid to private school.
Speaker 2: Name one bad town to Newport.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm just kiss it now.
Speaker 2: I'm just kissing ass because hates Newport.
Speaker 1: Well, you know I did.
Speaker 2: But then.
Speaker 5: People started reaching out to me and they said it does suck. But now I feel bad because even the people there suck.
Speaker 2: Oh, but they're nice but their self aware.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, is it only like a quarter of a mile because it looks like it's over by this time you get there, you're like, hey, I'm on my way to you know, Treasure Island.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna drive. Oh there's Newport there it goes.
Speaker 3: It's weird because I don't believe there is a port there.
Speaker 1: I don't think there is. You tried sau you've smoked Newports?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I swapped a couple of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're not bad and your breath was fabulous.
Speaker 2: Oh I bet yeah, yeah, God, I missed smoking.
Speaker 3: I know we missed that. You smoke.
Speaker 2: It's ten years ago, in about twenty days that I haven't had a cigarette.
Speaker 3: Well done, Your privates need to go to school.
Speaker 2: Wow ten years? No, I was sorry.
Speaker 1: Started with twenty oh, twenty twenty years. What do we gotta do to break that streak?
Speaker 3: I could think of some mean.
Speaker 1: About nine years ago, I was real close. Wow, you didn't even I did not. Oh wow, I'm surprised you didn't do the math. Then some of us run forward cheer.
Speaker 2: If they offered it the loom. I would have done that no, I because I'll just start doing it again. It's too good. I can't do it once. I have friends of mine that likes smoke when they drink. I can't do that. I would just start smoking again. Thank you for your honest.
Speaker 1: Speaking of smoking, Blazer's coach Chauncey Billips pleads not guilty to charges that he profited from rigged poker games involving several mafia guys who we are big fans of. Not guilty. No, here's the I don't know if I had seen this number yet, and if I had, I had immediately forgot.
Speaker 2: But I read this yesterday and it was a little blown away by this.
Speaker 1: Prosecutors say, since twenty nineteen, do you know how much they reportedly defrauded victims in this poker game from do you know how much money they accumulated since set twenty nineteen? Last six years?
Speaker 3: I saw it that sports center, last six years, last six years nineteen say forty eight million dollars?
Speaker 2: Forty eight million dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, man, that doesn't see min It's thirty one.
Speaker 2: No shot, Zach, do you know?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to take a shot.
Speaker 1: Sixty nine million so Chauncey billups in his career, let's take endorsements and side stuff out. Just according to this article, his NBA contracts totaled one hundred and six million dollars. Not really, he's facing, like you're well, tons of time in jail if he's found on more guilty and all this stuff, right, tons and tons seven million over six years, yep.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 2: And of course that's not what he took in.
Speaker 1: It sounds like that's just the group may have defrauded them from seven million, so thank you. His part of that may be significantly less. Yeah, and he earned one hundred and six million dollars in his NBA career, thank you. So no, we have noight and plus and he's coaching and and he's making a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Making ten million a year doing that.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Not coaching anymore?
Speaker 3: Is how much he owed the people he was right exactly in my opinion, had done nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were.
Speaker 1: Probably offered him a job as a favor because they loved his game so much. They didn't want to do it.
Speaker 3: They were fans.
Speaker 1: I'm with Chris, yes, same as we spoke about a couple of weeks ago. They smoked about it, We smoked about it.
Speaker 14: I thought, you haven't smoked in twenty years. You are such a liar mouse, I haven't. Once Gambler takes over, you're in huge trouble. And that's what happened to Chauncey. Gambler own up took over and was like.
Speaker 2: We should gamble all the time illegally.
Speaker 1: And Chauncey's like, shut up, Gambler. And then Gambler's like, no one tells me to shut up, Let's go gambling. And the next thing you know, he said, you know little six at ten am?
Speaker 2: Oh that was that.
Speaker 1: It felt like you were targeting somebody. No, there's a little six at Portland would of course, yeah, a little six that's right outside of Portland, Oregon, where.
Speaker 2: Chauncey Phillips might be at ten am.
Speaker 1: So we never mad in front of my hogs daddy.
Speaker 2: Right this this definitely sounds like he had a debt to payoff.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: This was his way out, man.
Speaker 3: I think that's what a lot of these guys got themselves into.
Speaker 1: Right, because if you have a whole bunch of money, you're not going to risk your entire career and your livelihood and your freedom for like a million dollars a head, coach, you need the cash all that shit? Yeah, I mean I wonder what happened just.
Speaker 3: The time expense even, Yeah, would you do that? You got money to spend in Hookersville.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to find out what kind of hole he was in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's greasy.
Speaker 3: I can read the book about this. It's gonna be fascinating.
Speaker 1: And if you don't, if you don't remember, and I know Chris does not, what a what a story for Johnson because he was like the third or fourth pick in the draft and it looked like he was in absolute busts Yes, and then went onto a Hall of Fame career Detroit, right, won the title with the Pistons, Like he was awesome, just got off to a really slow start.
Speaker 2: Like Hall of famers though. Yeah, he wasn't historically bad.
Speaker 1: He was just bad.
Speaker 2: That's historically wow.
Speaker 10: I mean in Minnesota it was where he wasn't particularly good. Right, Yeah, he didn't didn't didn't because of that little six casino didn't blow up until he got to the Pistons.
Speaker 1: Is that too much time with a little six.
Speaker 2: What really matters after this, This is the power of Morning Joe on the Van.
Speaker 5: Black Friday Power Trip Morning Show live at Mall of America. We're bringing the initials games, we're bringing tons of laughs, and we're gonna give you get your chance to score some serious holiday cash. Be there at Huntingdon Banks Stadium from seven to nine am, November twenty eighth. KAFA dot com keyword calendar for Mard two.
Speaker 1: No for Christopher and Saucy over there, and I know she's listening because she's driving in. Marnie's won three games in a row. The all time record is for Sauce. You've done it.
Speaker 2: I think AJ's done it.
Speaker 1: Four straight wings is the record, and that's her turf. She dominates that Mall of America. So she will try to tie the record of four consecutive wins this Friday.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, saus and I were just discussing very animatedly over here, the fixes in you the mob and Marnie. There you go, and don't try to deny it, and thank you for nodding. I appreciate it. Thank you. I appreciate it that you nodded there and you admitted that the fix is in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the mob is involved. Yeah, I knew it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I think the fixed part is that Mark doesn't know things that in Paris is a three man game. Yeah, person parish sand bag and it's part of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he is the most likely to be involved with the mob, but he might not know it.
Speaker 2: That's very nice to you. Yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: What a couple overtime wins and then this one was a walk off at the end, so it's been down to the wire.
Speaker 2: But she has three straight victories.
Speaker 1: Like she said last week, she's given away a lot of free haircuts. When Great Clips first signed up to be her sponsor, she was winning like three or four times a year, That's what I mean. See yeah now she so they were probably like, yeah, we can give out three or four people haircuts for the year. Now she has I think, I don't know, thirteen or fourteen wins this year and is the leader in the clubhouse for both point and wins for the year. That's a lot of free haircuts. Thanks Great Clips.
Speaker 10: Anybody who paid for a haircut in November, it is just a fool at this basically, just wait for Marny to win.
Speaker 2: The wait till Saturday Friday afternoon, a lot of free haircuts.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do what were the miners scores and stats around in the world? The sports in between Chris changes your life with something else. The Niners wrapped up the week they win twenty to nine over the Panthers, despite Party throwing three interceptions. The Bryce Young wasn't great either. Hey, the Panthers are six and six, right, like right? I thought they were going to be something like four and thirteen. Same, So you know, credit to that team. They're fighting a little bit. They're doing okay. The Niners, despite injuries, despite some weird things going on over there this year, they're eight and four, just hovering a quiet eight and four.
Speaker 2: Hey, max O, So.
Speaker 1: McCaffrey gets a little revenge on his former squad getting into the end zone as well, Tony.
Speaker 2: I think at one point on Baker Street we turned the game on and I think they said he touched the ball seventeen times in like the first quarter.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you right let him get the ball all the time? Man? What a steal the Niners getting him from I mean Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sweet?
Speaker 2: What really matters though, is this.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, who what were you just talking about?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, great player, great, great player. This dad was psycho, Yeah, yep. They kind of subtly bring that up all the time. Yeah, Oh, his dad wasn't the bit hawk. Maybe you played the oddit or you told me this. His dad didn't let him wear jeans to school because it restricted his muscle growth. Yeah what Yeah, it was something like that, right, But he didn't want him to worry that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean because I wore jeans the entire time I was in school and I don't have any muscles. Yeah, you don't have any?
Speaker 3: PTIs Chester terrats.
Speaker 1: You know again, did we figure that out? Was Amy Polar the Turets Cow or was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, jeans? I think that was Yeah, it was, Yeah, they were. I mean it worked for one of them. Luke McCaffrey, I think it kind of hangs on with the Commanders. But but did he wear jeans? I don't know, Probably not.
Speaker 3: Their eldest Max was a wide receiver who played college football for the Duke Blue Devils Christian We know about him. Dylan was a villain, was a four star quarterback for Valor Christian. Now he's doing traffic Color Championship to receive scholarship. I committed to play college football Michigan in February two and graduating. Uh, sorry nothing, and then Luke is the youngest but scholarship from Michigan Nebraska. Committed to Nebraska in twenty eighteen. Luke was selected by the Washington Commanders in third round of the NFL Draft in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: All right, the McCaffrey's. But what really matters always this.
Speaker 3: That's what I was doing. Sorry, you know, combobulated. ABC used to be part of NBC, which was then RCA. They were known as the Blue Network until NBC was forced to split off into its own independent network. So ABC and NBC and RCA were all the same company.
Speaker 2: Was this like an anti monopoly situation or what was it?
Speaker 3: So it was more of an anti risk I believe, well played by the way, you know who was the I just read this the other day just top of my head. This just came into the mind when you said that, and then I said the risk thing. It was well known that Jimi Hendricks was the best risk player, like amongst that entire group of rock stars. He loved to play risk and they always played risk backstage, I have.
Speaker 1: A lot of questions because I haven't played risks since I was about twelve? Yeah, what's the skill versus chance factor and risk? How much skill is involved? Because I don't remember? Good question, isn't a lot of dice rolling? I think there's a lot of strategies.
Speaker 3: I think you have to decide where you're going to build your empires and stuff, right, But.
Speaker 2: Isn't isn't it dependent on home?
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's a lot of dice rolling, okay, but there's also some you know, knowing to swarm your no one, to hold on to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here's the only story that popped up just quickly. Two times Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Graham Nash blah blah blah sixty eight went on the form blah blah blah exclu remember, and Nash said explained that Jimmy Hendrix was unbeatable at the game of risk, especially while he was on acid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, coming up with some creative strategies.
Speaker 3: Play risk on asking and I never and me personally ever beat him at all. He was unbelievable at it. He was a military man, you know, he's a paratrooper, and I don't know whether you know about Jimmy, but no one ever beat him at the game of risk.
Speaker 1: No, that's hilarious. I'm not saying that that story is wrong. I'm just saying I don't think actual military expertise and the fact that he was a paratrooper had any impact on him winning risk must be outstanding. I just don't this might have been good at it. I just don't think. Well, the guy knows the military, he knows, he's been the war, he gets it.
Speaker 2: You better not play risk with Sergeant Slaughter. That was kind of funny.
Speaker 3: You expected us to criticize you, and you defended yourself before anybody jumped in.
Speaker 1: There are five people in this room, not you, and the second you said it, it's the most quiet this room has been since two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that would be funnier.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did think that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hate that I missed. I wanted it to work this really did you listen.
Speaker 3: To this, guys, hey, Corey, Yes, sir, your eyes don't see a full rectangle like a camera does. Your vision is oval, and of course it is. I never thought about it before, but of course it is, but your brain figures it out. Your brain translates, but the perimeters of your vision is an oval. Sure, yeah, it makes sense. Our brain just fills in a lot of gaps.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 3: Like you like you're right and left eyes can't see past your nose, but it fills it in.
Speaker 10: Well, weren't there all kinds of like I remember from Psychic one oh one or something where they had to have these experiments where they'd have a population of people like wear glasses that turned like the world upside down for them and see within you know, a few days, they're just walking around like it's no big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get used to it so quickly. Wow, your brain just adjusts nuts nuts Yeah, anywhere there you go.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Is thank to you.
Speaker 2: This is going to be interesting. Oh who.
Speaker 1: That wasn't Chris?
Speaker 7: This is for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, buddy. There's a team of the NBA last night that won their thirteenth straight game. They are fifteen and two. They beat Indiana your squad one twenty two to one seventeen. This franchise, like I just said, has won thirteen straight. This matches their franchise record streaks that they set both in nineteen ninety and two thousand and four. Those two teams, the ninety version of this team and the four version of this team, won the title in those years. So maybe they're going to win the title again this year. What team when they're thirteenth straight game last night, just like in ninety and then four Boston decent guests, but nope, Golden State nope.
Speaker 3: Remento.
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 2: I don't know what Ramentto is.
Speaker 3: It's like a really bad it's Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Oh how about this? See if this helps. Two years ago, this exact same team set the NBA record for consecutive losses in a single season with twenty eight straight losses. That was the year they started three and thirty six. That was two years ago. Tell me the years they won the championship again, nineteen ninety and in two thousand and four. San Antonio Nope, Dallas Nope. John's Rim Nope, John's Rim. Lets a man, guess.
Speaker 3: John, I thought San Antonio is gonna because they have Whimby.
Speaker 7: Don't they sure you were closer geographically with Boston? Really that doesn't but yeah, I think way closer. But that's probably going to still throw you off New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I thought it was pretty close with John's rim same Google.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: The Detroit Pistons, well, damn. The Pistons and Caid Cunningham are fifteen and two and have won thirteen straight.
Speaker 2: So yeah, sports Center and.
Speaker 3: Play last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah and you hated it. Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sports Center.
Speaker 1: Sports Center keeps throwing up the stat that the two years that they won thirteenth straight, they won the title both of those years. So if you are a believer in the Detroit Pistons, that's up on the bandwagon.
Speaker 2: Perfect example of bottoming out and hitting your draft picks.
Speaker 1: That team, and they lost twenty eighth straight two years ago. Yep, that was perfect for them. And they've always ended up with like the fifth pick and they've made the best of it, except the year they got the one pick and took Caid. But yeah, and even he got off to kind of a questionable start standing. Yeah, he's very good.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: More of what really matters after this, This is the Power Drip morning show.
Speaker 10: On the fan.
Speaker 1: It Hey Rubs.
Speaker 5: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one kfan listener each week one thousand dollars to paying forward to a charity of their choice. Set over to Cafe dot com keyword contests. Learn Morning Today. That's Cafe dot com keyword contest. Chris, Thanks, Earl Oh, I was talking to Chris rock Oh. I was talking to Earl Bits, Earl.
Speaker 2: Of Sandwich, Jason Lee from my name is Earl.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Was that a good show?
Speaker 3: It was really really good and that really is a sexy girl in it. Jamie Presley are your sister, I'm your sister, that lady, Jamie Presley.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of shows, So last night I'm watching it. You got to watch the Wheels watching You don't have to, Oh, yes you do. So I'm watching Wheel and and then right afterwards they did a thirty year reunion for Everybody Loves Raymond, and you know, everybody's like, oh, this show is so great and it's funny, and Letterman's like it was perfectly written, and I'm like, okay, so whatever. I for a long long time said, I don't believe anybody's actually ever seen that show. That was my theory, because it was like number one in the ratings, and I'm like, I don't know anybody that watches it. I will, I'm gonna dig my feet in a little bit more. I'm not anti everybody loves Raymond, but I have an honest question for even people that liked the show and watch the show. Is it one of the biggest shows of all time that has essentially no cultural impact, Like, you know, Seinfeld has things like soup nazis catchphrases.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying everybody. I'm not saying everybody loves Raymond. Wasn't a beloved show by people that watched it, but it has no cultural widely known bit, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Like, it doesn't have a classic so.
Speaker 1: That everyone remembers or everyone even references even if you didn't see the show. I think it was just loved by people, and then it's just we're just moving on, right. Yeah, that is fair. I don't know one thing about it. I watched it on reruns go on and it was enjoyable.
Speaker 5: I've not seen it, but I wouldn't. I can't think of any moment. I mean, I've watched many of the episodes. I know Deborah and and Frank and all those guys whoever Brad Garrett's character was.
Speaker 10: We have a couple of lines from it that we will say to each other, but I don't think they're widely held lines like.
Speaker 2: Like, what are you talking about? Willis Deborah from Everybody Loves Raymond? Would? I don't know who that is, but she's on TV, so sure he would.
Speaker 1: She's the mom in the middle too. He loves when moms are on the middle and then he can high five the other guy who's the other side of the something I got it? Sh Yeah, she was the uh well, the Jamie Oh. Let's do more of what really matters.
Speaker 2: Let's go around the world of sports, shall we?
Speaker 1: The Minnesota while they're at Chicago tomorrow night? Right here on the fan at seven thirty The Wilder of course, one of the hottest teams in the NHL, if not the hottest. They're nine to one and one in their last eleven and yes, Pervalstad three shutouts in his last four starts. Zachary, do we know who is going to be in goal tomorrow night? Or is that one of those things they always announced the day of should know tomorrow? I have not seen anything we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hot, nos, no doubt. By the time the game starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you who they draft on. The Wild have won five straight games. Don't forget by the way, Uh you know we are at the Mall of America seven to nine Friday morning.
Speaker 2: What the Wild have a home game at two thirty on Friday. I'm going Oh.
Speaker 10: Many, thanks, I thought we're all going.
Speaker 1: They take the alves on at the A at the GCA at two thirty Black Friday.
Speaker 5: We should get you down with Tom and the intermission. Sure you're not gonna be too Uh no, okay, going to the press box, going to the the game.
Speaker 2: You can get him out there and have them seen Bear, Luke, Nordo and hot ass Rand.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks for the invite. Just okay, how this works? Bonus Bonus might be there? No, Max, Max did you get invited?
Speaker 3: No, Chris you No, I'm not a real friend.
Speaker 1: Bonus you can the invite to the Old Hockey Apparently not Zach. I mean, I mean you're gonna be there, I assume anyway. But interesting. Okay, So it's not just high school friends because Nordo was also in there, some friends as well, the close friends from work getting care What really matters is this? None of you? Besides Bonus would go me? Maxe would go. But aren't you guys to the holidays to go? My schedule fills up. You can't go, right, dude, it's the holidays, but Thanksgivings on Thursday, Black Fridays on Friday. Oh too busy. My schedule is full. Yeah, okay, you should make it to Saint Paul, the Vall of Saint Paul. It's a metaphor.
Speaker 5: That'll be a tough game, but hopefully the wild surprise played. The abs as have lost like one game. Yeah, the abs are What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: I like the GK you know Arena's new jingle. Did they use new commercials?
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 3: Come to the little g spot.
Speaker 1: You need?
Speaker 2: If there's like a web meeting you could go to.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you blame me.
Speaker 3: I didn't write it.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised they might have needed to run that one by a focus group. Yeah, that's gonna be the worst part about Black Friday is little scene. Bear and Luke and Hot Ass Randy and Nordo are going to be sitting in their seats. The game's about the start, and they know who's going to be goalie of course, and Sauce is just going to be circling Saint Paul and those guys are going to be texting you, going, dude, where are you?
Speaker 2: And Chris finished the joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he can't find the g spot, doesn't think it exists as a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be fine.
Speaker 1: That's not what I hear. That. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do this and off the top of my head because I've been wanting to ask Bonnie about this for a long time. Hey, Bonnie, who Billy Bean is? Right? Yeah? Okay, you know about that movie and book Moneyball. I started listening to the Moneyball because I like that author. He's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I listened to his masterclass. I'm like, okay, I need to find out more about this.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: Here's something I didn't know that didn't end up in the movie. You know the guy who played for the A's back then, who threw the ball like underhanded?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the remember the guys? Yeah yeah, something like that. Yes, you know what I'm saying. Ye, do you guys know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: The pitch.
Speaker 3: From the bottom up?
Speaker 1: Chad, Chad something, Jeremy Giambi, No, no, but he was dusty.
Speaker 11: Mind.
Speaker 3: Thanks for looking it up, guys.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Chad Bradford, that's it. I know, that's it.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing about that dude. Right, So he threw it underhand, and it was hard to hit the ball, not because it was overly faster than that that, but because it came up as opposed to going down like most pitches do. Right, here's something I didn't know, ty I read this book. The reason he threw like that wasn't a choice, wasn't something he developed on purpose. His dad was adamant that he was going to throw, uh, you know, play catch with his son. That was one of the things when he had He said, when I have a son, it's gonna be one of other things we're gonna do together. But his dad was handicapped and in a wheelchair, so that's the only way he could throw the ball. And so the only the reason that young man learned to throw the ball is because he played catch with his dad his whole life and all. And mimick the way his dad through the ball.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I know, beautiful, well said man.
Speaker 1: It kind of depresses me though, because now it makes me wish that my dad had been in a wheelchair, so I had learned to throw like that.
Speaker 3: No, I know, we couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: One thing.
Speaker 2: Your dad wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Hey, your dad didn't get you a power wheeler, take you to Disney World.
Speaker 2: Nobody played catch with hawk. Yeah, now he's in a wheelchair. Yeah, that counts as years, right.
Speaker 1: Uh, Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Gopher basketball lost to the San Francisco Dons on Saturday. Yuck. Uh. They think they're not guilty. They play Stanford in Palm Springs on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: That kind of so Grim will be in Palm Springs for Thanksgiving. That's cool.
Speaker 1: I don't think they let him go on those trips anymore. If you guys ever been to Paul Springs, I've heard it's sweet. I have It's pretty deep cool. Yeah, yeah, there were Rosie vacations. It's a rosy spot. Yeah, Gophers are foreign to the Bob.
Speaker 3: Hope Mansion is out there. Oh yeah, a lot of really really rich old Hollywood people had houses out there. It's pretty sweet. But it's the scariest landing I think I've ever had in a plane. Oh really, always windy there. I went out there for charity event one time and almost crap myself. That's the worst landing I've ever had in a plane. Interesting, and it was a nice day, weirdly enough, more than you needed.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go there.
Speaker 3: But what really matters is this Joey chestnut, which that could be my nickname. Dropped the Joey It dropped the chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sat in the kangaroo's then it would definitely be.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the hot dog eating champion of the world. It is forty two years old today. Do you know what the world record for hot dogs shoving down his throat is in ten minutes, which he set in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Do you get to do something because we bet we bet on it.
Speaker 2: This is seventy.
Speaker 3: Eight anybody, I'll go eighty three, seventy five. It was seventy five, seventy five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we bet on it last fourth of July, and he missed the over by a half a hot half of it's still.
Speaker 2: Won by twenty said the last bet you lost.
Speaker 1: I mean it's pretty yeah man.
Speaker 3: He's also, by the way, eating ninety eight point nine point eight pounds of pork ribs in twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would try but that you would try to come up short. Yeah, so you wouldn't set the world record.
Speaker 2: That's so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a world record. You're making great points, man, Competitive mediot is cool. Yeah, it's hard. I'm just saying, Man, I know you're just talking. Okay, that's what. Sorry, that's a lot. I would try.
Speaker 2: But think about it though, I know we all are.
Speaker 10: If you had to choose some food to competitively eat, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 3: Well, they won't call me just nut for nothing.
Speaker 1: Probably chicken wings. I could eat a ton of them. Yeah, could you break the world record? I mean, what's the world record? Probably one hundred and five minutes.
Speaker 2: Could you do it? I'd try.
Speaker 1: I bet I could eat thirty in five minutes, not five minutes, but over like like an hour, like sitting hanging out at the bar, in an hour.
Speaker 3: I say, after listening to this, I'm shocked. I know you auditioned last year that you didn't get the color commentary job for the World Eating Contest.
Speaker 1: I met the guy that wears the goofy hat. Oh whoa really Yeah, curious Georgia, brilliant. You guys are funny.
Speaker 2: We were just saying, like we do eating is fun. Eating is fun.
Speaker 1: Wow, it is I like eating. I know we all do you add a lot to this show? Okay, you want me to go home?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: What would we laugh at?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What would you do if you went home?
Speaker 1: But somebody by the way, So speaking of eating, it is uh.
Speaker 2: It is like peppy lapew every morning because when I walk.
Speaker 1: In, sauce, sauce that I was sorry, sauce is here before me every day, and every day I walk in. Now there's that waffle smell down the entire hallway, and it smells like a continental breakfast in a hotel lobby. It makes me so mad because I want waffles so badly. I have to walk through your freaking waffles. Hell we haven't, Damn I have one. Have a waffle. I ain't got time to make. He quit doing the things that made him great.
Speaker 3: Making waffles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, a huge stack of waffles. I don't know if I could eat a whole stack. I try, I try. Waffles are good. Eating them is so much fun. I love waffles, man, I really do, though.
Speaker 2: Yeh, waffles are top ten all the time.
Speaker 3: When every little pockets filled with either syrup or butter.
Speaker 2: Oh ye, son of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, God, I'm pissed off you.
Speaker 2: What else is great?
Speaker 1: I can't wait to find out eating pancakes. If you guys, if you guys had to name ten foods and those are the only ten foods you're gonna have for the rest of your life, max actual foods. Would waffles be in your top ten? You can only have ten roastie anything else ROAs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it would be because favorite.
Speaker 1: Mine would be the same. You don't bancake. Waffles would be on my top. It would make mine for sure. Sauce level, I mean, yeah, probably pancakes. I love pancakes. Waffles are better, Yeah, waffles are good. Eggs.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there's this waffle maker at this hotel Standard and it had it had like the big waffle one, you know, like the full one, but then it had one that was, uh, let you make four small ones. I don't know what it was, but like the smaller ones were like just the syrup and the ratio. It was so much crispyer Oh yeah, I mean because everything was just focused in on the little and you can do up to four.
Speaker 2: I only did too. I didn't need four. Were you stoned?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Don't you wish you could go back any more of them. Yeah, yeah, aren't you pisted yourself? Kind of?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The breakfast bit at grand View is outstanding.
Speaker 3: That's a free drop in. Well done.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. What about the sweat swab combined Now's breakfast. Their pancakes are the best in the world, the squad, Yeah, Owl's has outstanding pancakes.
Speaker 3: The English word waffle is derived from the Middle Dutch woofill, which comes from the proto Germanica, which means web or honeycomb.
Speaker 1: He writes to the Start Tribune. Brilliant Miami, No, no, no, no lobby, he says Caine. I was talking about Miami, which is strong hurricanes.
Speaker 2: He got there.
Speaker 1: It was the wrong Miamy.
Speaker 2: You say, Wobbula.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 2: That was a ride. What a segment. This has been the wrong the wrong person, wrong person, wrong organization.
Speaker 1: We got it.
Speaker 3: So we got it.
Speaker 1: Marni Gellner is in the building.
Speaker 2: I doubt she has waffles. John Bonus is still here.
Speaker 1: The news is next. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on