Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papada cares terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The Pipes, Pipes, the pie.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: Domass do mass.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not gay, so just it's a lot of people who are excuse me, excellent.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: You like me now Kentucky every day of the week. White man, white man, white man. You are now that dot.
Speaker 5: You are of a darker shoe than me.
Speaker 6: Take care, Huney.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing, right. I am Barcona.
Speaker 3: I can dodge folly without backing into fear.
Speaker 4: Going it out you Expetros some Money, AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, your home of the Back to Back World. Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Halfway through the show and a reminder, our sister station KFI AM six forty is in the middle. They've been going since five am today of their fifteenth annual pastathon. It benefits Katerina's Club. It is a local charity that's as important and great as any here in Southern California. Twenty five thousand meals every week. Twenty five thousand meals the children in need in Southern California. It's happening right now. One hundred percent of your donation goes to Katarina's Club, stays right here in Southern California. One dollar provides one meal. You can donate anytime at KFI AM six forty dot com slash Pastathon. You can also donate at any checkout at any Smart and Final store or donated any sokel Wendy's location. Again. One dollar, one meal, twenty five thousand meals per week is what they do through Catarina's Club.
Speaker 3: And scheduled talk goes as follows. Tomorrow is a big Flex show.
Speaker 2: We started at Jill.
Speaker 3: We'll start at one o'clock. Then there'll be a Thursday Night Football for Thursday two to five and then another flex on Friday. So don't forget about that. We'll have the top story of the day next and don't forget to podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone, stream it live or podcast it there. Now. Our next show at BJ's is We're going deep Thursday, West Covina. What is it a week? Two weeks from Thursday, the eighteenth of December Thursday. But here's the kicker, it's a four hour show. You guys don't have the balls to sit there for four hours of great sports talk. We can go all night. La was out La and San Gabriel Valley more. Well, let's be more specific because it is quite a ways down to ten, but we are looking if you could sit, if you could sit in the whole time. They're not gonna be something for the early people, but there will be something for the lake.
Speaker 6: There'll be something for everybody. I'm gonna empty the PMS office out and there's gonna be a galore to give back call for.
Speaker 3: There's the bricks, thousand dollars bottles of Japanese will those aren't giving why we're not using it?
Speaker 6: We got small, medium, large, extra large, double xes I think there's a triple X.
Speaker 4: Jacket in there too. There's the whole Bowl brand and everything. There's the knockoff LA Sports teams brand.
Speaker 3: Number of calendars for the Santa Anita books, right, plenty of books, a lot of books. Thank you for the physical siglanguage book. Here's another song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're cleaning out our office and taking all of these stuff that we've amassed over the last nineteen years.
Speaker 3: December eighteenth, four hours.
Speaker 6: That's actually a warning to you guys. Take what you want out in there, because everything else is going taking us out year.
Speaker 3: You say this every year, and then it comes around to that time and you're too lazy to pull all that stuff down to the loading down. Oh I will.
Speaker 4: Oh, Kevin figures taking to loading doc.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like he did with the Rancid refrigerator, and he.
Speaker 4: Got written on us. The best we got video. We got video of this employee of yours getting rid of industrial waste.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me see your phone real quick. It's draft. How do you know that?
Speaker 4: To him? Right, I responded, that was me those me from Tim's email. He gave me his phone and I respond was that the one where I was riding around in the back.
Speaker 3: They had a picture of me.
Speaker 4: That was the one that was a different one.
Speaker 3: That was the one we were at the oe A sky Space.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it was somebody letting someone out. Are you sure that's.
Speaker 3: All right? Let's do a couple speaking of being out on the road, minor sports.
Speaker 2: Minor sports stories were great sports talk.
Speaker 3: Good amount of T shirts were unloaded Matt, which needed to happen, and the people that came were deeply rewarded. Those that came were deeply rewarded, which serves as a lesson to the ingrates that didn't show up to our remote yesterday. And you know who you are, somebody who thought they were going to show up and then didn't.
Speaker 4: How dare you right?
Speaker 3: Steve Van Dorn added shoes, Tate's added stuff. I gave away my own clothing, including a.
Speaker 4: Belt, never worn. T shirts worn. You missed out, the warn.
Speaker 3: You missed out, You missed out on what It was a great sports talk radio show. And almost everybody there walked away with the prize. If they didn't, born losers, but we appreciate everybody. Our next Bjay's Extravaganza does not require surf rock. It will be in West Covina, December eighteenth. It's a four hour show. And let me tell you right now, as a person of girth, Matt looks swollen. And the people of Downey were too scared to race Matt and his Mazda down firestone or lakewood. They offered their fear made air stink and Matt wasn't even swolled up on people. Though I did take pride in wearing a ridiculous outfit, but it was great. I just want to say say, our Filipino friends, that Frank Yokayama showed up. You'll feel, Mike think because nobody in Downy came and gave us anything, Matt. They didn't give us a proclamation, no city council person, no.
Speaker 4: Chief of police or fire, a paramedic, someone that ran one of the car lots, custodian at golf and stuff.
Speaker 3: But the mayor of the town of the Filipino DJ. Cerritos Franco Yokoyama did. He made his way up the seven to ten and over on one oh five.
Speaker 4: It's not an easy commute. Gotta wear firestone like that at that time of day. It's always backed up.
Speaker 3: His honorable Mayor of Cerritos coming through again.
Speaker 4: Yokoyama's the best.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: Gary and Shannon were a bjays in West Covina last month and there was a hole to do about them going out there because the time before that they were told they needed a permit yes to do the radio show from there, and so they were going out there last month no permit, show canceled. They ended up going out there on a different day.
Speaker 4: Not a different day though, I mean they had to cancel that show day of do we have a permit?
Speaker 3: A laminated permit around their neck while they were doing it. I'll get on chat. I think, you know, we're like those NHL guys who used to perform without their helmets, you know, back in the day. I think we've been without permits at West Covina like five times.
Speaker 4: Grandfather didn't.
Speaker 3: I think when Vinny Bong Signor left West Covina with twelve different meals for his family, we had huge gigantic bag.
Speaker 4: Two bags, legitimately two bags.
Speaker 3: I think that was unpermitted, uncredentialed. Uh, thank you. Frank Yokayama came in there like an animal. We have our regal proclamation from him that hangs here in our beloved studio, and we love it so much more because of our sweet Cerritos proclamation. Looking at you West Covina and shame on you, Downey for shame, for shame. Moving on, I think we have to do this again because I think we're waiting for Bob to arrive in town or waiting for the press conference.
Speaker 2: Bob, are we ready?
Speaker 3: It's time for another story.
Speaker 2: Sports stories for great sports talk.
Speaker 3: Bob, Are we ready?
Speaker 4: Bob?
Speaker 2: Are we ready?
Speaker 3: We went over it yesterday, Matt, but it bears repeating. New UCLA head coach Bob Chesney is an East Coast guy, I mean a real East Coast guy, even more East coast than Chip Kelly because Chip Kelly had coached for quite some time at Oregon by the time he was getting a UCLA job, so he had been on the West. As we did go over yesterday, his first jobs after four years at Johns Hopkins as a head coach is for his job was at this place. And this is their fight song, Salve Regina.
Speaker 4: This is not their fight. This is how they.
Speaker 3: Come out, Matt. They have fireworks and they come out to this and here come the Seahawks. This is from YouTube. This is from when they played Slippery Rock a.
Speaker 1: D three.
Speaker 3: This is the school song. It's on Newport Cliff, Rhode Island, where Matt found not far from where Matt found that guy that sold the Maraganst beer.
Speaker 4: It's a rail Rhode Island beer against a beer that's a Rhode Island beer.
Speaker 3: Along with the lead singer from Throwing Muses. Lots of navy types went to uh Salve Regina, a lot of admirals people like that. And then Matt it bears repeating where else was Bob? This is all to show that he has ready no West Coast roots whatsoever. Assumption the Greyhounds. Where have you heard of assumption before? That's where very popular former Notre Dame coach and former LSU coach and former Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly went to school aka Free my Boy, Brian Kelly, Free my boy.
Speaker 4: Hey, Free my boy, part of LSU family. I'm here with my famille family.
Speaker 3: And everybody gave me such a warm reception and I haven't even won all my games yet. Family, Family, Free my boy b K. That's where BK went to college. But that's where Bob Chesney Bob were we ready was the head coach the Hounds or D two and then coach Bob.
Speaker 4: By the way JOHNS Hopkins taking on the stakes of Salisbury in the second round of the playoffs this week.
Speaker 3: I did hear that the Hopkins. Now, the reason you know that it's a big medical school is they all wear stethoscopes out there. They fly all over like you think you've seen mouthpieces dangling. Now John Hopkins' tethoscope. Then the Holy Cross in Central Mass Patriot League in the path of Gordy Lockbomb in the path of the Revolutionary War. Bob dominated the Patriot League like Mel Gibson in the Patriots. Ready two axes favorite chopping up all those red.
Speaker 4: Coats, Patriot oh man, could he twirl them axes, just chopping redcoats like there's no tomorrow. Shouldn't killed his kid?
Speaker 3: A bunch of his kids? Terrible the Patriot We love it. Gerard Depardieu underrated in the pat Chesney dominated the Patriot League, and when Signetti left, James Madison did not hire from within because he took everybody with him. They hired Bob Chesney and he went into the sun Belt at Harrisonburg, Virginia for the Dukes James Madison, named for the fourth President, Jimmy Madison, in the Shenandoah Valley. That's pretty big school, twenty two thousand students, dwarfed by UCLA. Of course, the point is, Matt, this is an East Coast man at.
Speaker 4: Little East Coast Swing.
Speaker 3: It is a lot of East Coast just like I'm not gay, but it's a lot of people that are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gay, so just it's a lot of people who are.
Speaker 3: There's part of this higher that I really like because he's obviously a very good coach, and you know how much I respect the guys that come from small schools.
Speaker 4: And you saw his brother blow the dome off the Tacoma Dome.
Speaker 3: He tore it off, Kenny Chesney tore the tour, the roof off the Tacoma Dome. It's been a terrible winter season because of it. But also the West Coast is a tricky place, and you the UC system is a tricky place. How does this guy figure out how to build a program and the UC system on the West Coast, let alone fighting it out in the Big ten. So it shall be seen, but it's a bold higher and we're happy for Bob. Maybe he is the next Signetti Ucla. Hope. So, Bob, are we ready? I just like to play all the different fight songs, especially.
Speaker 4: Regina.
Speaker 3: When they come out and the monks start chatting, the kids go crazy, dude, they start drinking that freaking fermented wine.
Speaker 4: Gets you so ACKed up, so fast, tossed those wooden mugs.
Speaker 3: It's great. You get the goblets out.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: And you know who comes out, Jesus no, but but almost is old. The guy from the last crusade that was guarded at the grail, the guy wisely he gave. Yeah, he gave Indiana Jones the high Sidne when he rolled out of the temple there. Thank you, that guy, one of the Knights of Templar. He comes out, all gray and old, and he watches Salve Regina take the field, and Bob Chesney calls sprint right option Renuay, over and over and over, even to the even to the boundary. Salve Regina.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe he'll bring some of those traditions with him, you know, a little something from each time he comes on our show.
Speaker 3: He'll be like, tell us about the days it's Salve Regina, it's actually Salva Regina lating my ass, Bob.
Speaker 6: This will sound good with the speaker system at the yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, and then the Infinity it'll have like the last Supper of like Bob in the middle and like all the off at the linemen next to them. Come on, that's heresy. Not really, it's at airs, not really.
Speaker 3: Hang this man. We'll be back with more Petros and Money on AM five seventy LA Sports. Oh god, we've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports. Welcome back, everybody. It's Petros and Money on AM five seventy LA Sports. Don't forget to podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app and tomorrow our show starts at one o'clock Waller, so if it's not on when you're driving home, you can podcast it on the app. That's what we're trying to tell you. But right now it is time for the Top Store. Sorry of the dad, Sorry of it now.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was gambling that did it. It's probably in part due to the little amount of games that are played in the sport of football. But like we have come to accept that eighty two games is too long, too many contests when it comes to the NBA, and one of the reasons why there's a compelling case to be made that the sport is more popular off the court, that there is more interest in the trade, deadline, trade, ton trade, that there is more interest in free agency, That there is more interest in the draft at least, well, at least there used to be in the draft when it was before the one it done. Yeah, the influx of foreign players and.
Speaker 3: We have to interview every family that night.
Speaker 4: Now I can't take any It's not Lebron Carmelo, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, or are they really gonna take that man from China instead of Jay Williams. Really that was the salad days of the draft. But in reality, the regular season has become an afterthought in the NBA. Not the case with college or professional football, but with the College Football Playoff, or as some like to call it CFP. See what CFP did this week with the coaching carousel circus in the amateur ranks dominating the headlines are things that are happening away from the games. You think most fans have an idea. What three teams tag Texas with losses? What team is ole misses one blemish? Texas Tech has one loss? Who is it?
Speaker 3: Are you asking me? No?
Speaker 4: Asum lost healthy and it's playing the SEC Championship? Why are they there with two losses but two lost Oklahoma? Who beat them? Is not because Alabama lost to Florida State and Oklahoma lost two in conference. That's why. Instead you had all kinds of people gob smacked. Twitter paid by the weekly rankings, which is truly some of the dumbest sporting content of all time. But it brings us to the point. If the NBA is infatuated with transactions and contracts and roster construction, football lately is most interested in the future. What might happen? What could happen? How is Miami behind Notre Dame when they both have two losses and Notre Dame lost head to head to Miami.
Speaker 3: It's always been that way.
Speaker 4: Why is Texas Tech lined up for a first round by with a schedule that included just two ranked teams? If you docked FSU for losing their co quarterback. Why is an old Miskitt and Hammer for losing their head coach? Your guy fat Charlie Weist is going to be able to call plays though, Lane's letting him do that. His son Notre Dame lost their second best defensive player. And every single week, the CFP does sporting media the great favor of creating content that has no business being created. Releasing rankings six weeks before the season is finished teams.
Speaker 3: It's almost like the people that release the rankings are the same ones that are running the content. Yeah, they actually own the college Football Playoff.
Speaker 4: They create drama, Yeah, they build storylines. They keep college football in the conversation when the most dominant form of entertainment in America is running laps around everything else. The NFL, and now, much like they have with other things, the NFL has decided we need to do some of that. Let us get in on this look to the future action. The most popular thing going now in the NFL when it comes to online content. With five weeks of football left nearly a third of the season is playoff predictor playoff odds, strength of schedule, remaining rankings.
Speaker 3: I like it when I'm watching the game and a percentage of whether or not a team's gonna win changes. I check this out, it's like, oh, well they missed that field though. Oh look there presentage. What's going to happen in the future percentage is drop. It is all about the future.
Speaker 4: What will happen. We're going to tell you what could and will happen. The tip of the cap to the athletic who seem to have taken the lead with their playoff odds, their algorithm which team could win their division and what is the percentage that they will get a first round by people quoting them all over social media the talking heads shows.
Speaker 3: That is one thing I'm kind of grateful for that's gone away. The obsession with the future in the college football world is the signing day. Yes, not as it's like signing day right now, half in the day when a fax machine. Everybody cares anymore because the guy's gonna stay there for three months. But it was a huge obsession about the future, and you're talking about a freshman class where very few of those guys.
Speaker 4: Were going to contribute whatever. Five stars.
Speaker 3: Every huge news and people would throw giant parties. There'd be all day, all day programming all day hat dance. I'm glad at least that part of it is that has disappeared. In the NFL, the playoff predictor started getting traction around Week ten with half the season left to play, And now you look and the dominant line of conversation is Chiefs thirty seven percent chance to pick the playoffs, down from four to six percent.
Speaker 4: Last week. They're six and six, but really for the last three weeks, still having premature conversation about the end of their dynasty. When their final five games are against Houston at home, a team that started zero and three has squeaked out a few tight games against the Titans, Bills, and Colts. They will play their three division rivals, the Chargers, the Broncos, and the Raiders. In the last seven years, the Chiefs are thirty three and nine against the AFC West and the one win Titans. I would assume they could very easily win all of those games based on what we've seen from this team that's been in the AFC Championship for eight consecutive seasons.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't cut them out.
Speaker 4: But you know, you see that percentage that's thirty seven percent, I mean, how can I predict them to be in the playoffs when it says right here on the playoff odds page that it's thirty seven percent.
Speaker 3: Does this factor in Andy Reids play calling?
Speaker 4: Strength of schedule remaining is now leading sites to predict which teams will make and win which teams will miss the playoffs. Take the Chargers, despite having the best conference record of any AFC team, that is the tiebreaker when it comes to the wild card, and there are at least three teams with the same record, bne from one of those three wild card spots. Their third toughest sos are strength of schedule remaining a six twenty five win percentage. Have we just had our boss come in and bring it up to us earlier? You your boys aren't here Broncos, Chiefs, Texans, Cowboys, Eagles says sixty wow, even though they're the five spot Chargers, all.
Speaker 3: Your ticket, Matt, You're gonna get some obstruction.
Speaker 4: The Broncos and the Chiefs have already fallen to the Chargers this season. The Cowboys are certainly playing better, but they're still giving up a bunch of points on defense that's clearly not fixed. The Eagles OC literally got his house egged by those a hole fans in Philadelphia great place after back to back loss is one, they were able to pee away a twenty one nothing lead against the Cowboys, and the Bears cashed him for like three hundred rushing yards, and somehow the OC again they were up twenty one to nothing on the Cowboys and lost. The Bears running game got him for two hundred and eighty yards. We're gonna go egg this guy's house, and they egged the OC's house.
Speaker 3: Well, that will make him a little bit more creative in his play calling.
Speaker 4: I'm sure now I have not seen an injury impact predictor, but the Chargers are dealing with Justin Herbert having a broken left hand that had surgery yesterday. The Chiefs lost their left tackle for the season, their right tackle for the Thanksgiving Day game. He stinks anyway and might not be back. How well does Mahomes play when not protected? Ask the Buccaneers. Broncos keep winning one incredibly lucky way after another. Week after week they're eight and two and one score games.
Speaker 3: At a certain point, Matt, you're gonna have to give Peyton his flowers. You won't do it, We'll do it. You're too small minded to know how smart Peyton is and it's top five.
Speaker 4: Hang just ask him. Look, the Chiefs were twelve and zero in one score games last year. They're one and six and one score games this year. Which way will the Broncos go for the remainder? But go to any of the site ESPN, PFF, it's right there on the front page, playoff predictor machine. Everyone wants the post. Who's going to have the best record, who's going to miss the playoffs? How the Irish are going to be walked into the postseason at the cost of Vandy, Miami Texas BYU and their crumble cookie fortune. How Alabama should get in even if they lose a close I saw this, Actually I actually read this article. Let's just say Alabama loses to Georgia, but they lose by seven. However, they were down fourteen and they scored the touchdown in garbage time with less than thirty seconds left. Does Alabama make it?
Speaker 3: Remember when they were like a three loss team and people were calling, fine, momb but we're.
Speaker 4: Better than Cincinnata, right, Well, yes, let's say they're down seven, but they were down fourteen in less than a minute to play do they get in?
Speaker 3: It's uh, everybody likes to try to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Well, what I would say is maybe just listen to that Georgia Alabama game here instead at one. Oh that's right, we won't have that game because we have a Clipper game on Saturday.
Speaker 3: You know, Matt, what is your message? You have such a negative message?
Speaker 4: Message is just watch the games, man. They predict the playoffs, so the strength the schedule remaining and thirty seven percent here and sixty four percent there.
Speaker 3: And I gotta be honest, Matt, it's kind of like going to the toilet without your iPhone. Now. I can't watch the games without that percentage right of knowing what's likely to happen coming out.
Speaker 4: We love Danny Canell, but nobody, nobody reacts to the cfp's rankings the moment they come out, like our dear friend, the pure ho Danny Cannal.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows where their bread is buttered?
Speaker 4: Do they do?
Speaker 3: We'll be back with more petres and money. Alan Sliwah is gonna get deeper into the Lakers situation and was last night a future predictor more coming up?
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener, did you know am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Roddey. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all, and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Petro said Money and five to seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Full four hour show today going until seven o'clock and then the Flex Alerts return tomorrow. Clippers Friday, Clippers, Thursday. We got Thursday Night football a big one. Cowboys Lions, looser goals home. I think that's what they say or something like that, like they're out of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: They probably just have to go back to their pro football city and still play formal lay it out. Yeah, but I do think they're playing for Pink. Well, Matt, you know you're a real hot rod artist. Everybody knows that. But Clippers are playing it out in December, which is why we're talking. Lakers. Alan Sleewall Oops Talk, Oops Talk, Hoops Talk on YouTube and on the iHeartRadio app, and you hear his daily NBA basketball reports here on am FI seventy LA Sports. A lot of people are interested in what he has to say about basketball, and he covers the Lakers quite well, and some say, deep down in his heart, he's a rude boy from Blue Mountain Peak.
Speaker 4: Rude boy.
Speaker 3: It's Alan Sleewan on your Southern California to tell you to do either celebrity hotline. Lakers got blown out last night? Wow, what's cracking? Alan?
Speaker 2: How are you tell us?
Speaker 5: Happy? Thanksgivin. Appreciate you guys having me on and always good to join the show.
Speaker 3: It's always good to have you on. Slee wah Now tell us last night Lakers get punched in the head. Lebron's out there padness stats? What are you feeling? I mean, not that big of a deal, but hey, it's Thanksgiving. What are we going to talk about?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think it's that big of a deal, but I think it's something to keep an eye on. I think the one thing coming into yesterday's game, that seven game winning streak that they had great phenomenal. Anytime you could win that many games in a row, that's great. Obviously any team will take that. All those teams were teams below five hundred. So there yesterday was the first time of a five game stretch they got going on here where they're going to face some decent teams. Phoenix is decent, Toronto's well, maybe six to seven games above five hundred. They got a part of that mix, Philly and San Antonio. So they started out against the team one of the few teams they faced over five hundred over the last couple of weeks, and they got handed to them. They got punked. I mean, I wasn't expecting that, especially Devin Booker leaves after the first quarter and that's all you see from him. So I don't think it's that big of a deal, but I do think that it kind of raises a couple of eyebrows at least to say, Okay, that's interesting. You got punked by Phoenix and they even have Devin Booker.
Speaker 4: So they get punked. They don't have Devin Booker and Kutcher wasn't even there, and freaking Dylan Brooks is playing his balls off. He's like ten of eleven. He's mocking lebron as someone who has covered the Lakers as long as you have Sliwa, where does Dylan Brooks slide in as a Laker villain. You know, I go back, you know, a little further than you. But you know, I think about the butcher Rajah Bell, as Vick liked to call him, Like, where where does Dylan Anabrooks? He was an animal? I just where does Dylan Brooks fit in this money?
Speaker 5: The only reason why I don't think he should take up that much real estate in Lakers' heads is because he's also never beat the Lakers. I mean his time in Memphis, his time obviously in Houston, now his time in Phoenix. And don't get me wrong, Dylan Brooks was phenomenal yesterday. And was he running his mouth and was he trying to get under the skin of Laker fans and Laker players? Sure, but this is also the same guy that I think there is a little bit of a front runner in this. When things are going well, he sticks his chests out. When he was eliminated against the Lakers, I think it was game six that they were eliminated. He didn't show up to the press or after the game because he didn't want to talk to reporters. So I don't know, when I look at villains, I look at somebody that you know, you think about and you say to yourself, I got no idea if the Lakers are going to win this game or they can't get through this specific player in the playoff. Dylan Brooks just kind of hasn't you know, he hasn't been in a position where that's been an issue for the Lakers, or they ran into Dylan Brooks and the team that he was playing on stopped the Lakers from making a playoff run.
Speaker 2: Is he annoying?
Speaker 5: Yes? Was he really good yesterday? He was?
Speaker 4: What about? Did I get this right? Last night? I was watching the game for a little while and it seemed like they were just running it down the Lakers throats man? Was it really twenty eight to like two and fast breakpoints in that game? And what the hell's going on with their defense?
Speaker 5: Well, it's not just their defense, you know, a lot of those fast breakpoints come from turnovers. Luca by himself had nine turnovers between Luca. Between Luca and Austin Reeves, you had fourteen turnovers just between those two players. So a big reason why the Lakers lost last night, big reason why those fast breakpoints are so lopsided. A couple things. Number One, Lakers are not going to be known for their defense unless they go out there and make some type of miraculous trade, but that's not going to be their foundation. And number two, you commit that many turnovers, you got a team like Phoenix who's running on the other side, a fast team, fearless team. I don't know what it was about Book not being there, but all of a sudden, now the ball is being spread out and you don't really know where it's going to go. Yeah, that's that's as awful as a stat You're going to see the twenty eighth to two and fast break points, but that's primarily money. That's just just the turnovers. You get that in turnovers. Teams going the other way, they're going to be scoring on the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Alan Slawa Hoops Talk Talk with Hoops Talk the podcast on YouTube and of course on the Venerable iHeartRadio app and his daily reports here on a five seventy LA sparts.
Speaker 4: That's a real three pack there.
Speaker 3: Look, that's a lot more than I do. Uh, Lebron James looks old and he's not going to ever look younger, you know, and I guess say the same for all of us. But uh, what is Is there a concern there or do you think you know he'll find a I don't know, a little better rhythm than he did last night. Seemed like he was kind of clowning around last night, looked like.
Speaker 2: He looked okay.
Speaker 5: Just to be completely honest and not to say that there has not been times where Lebron hasn't looked old. He is old. He's forty years old. He's about to turn forty one.
Speaker 3: In the differently, well, well.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing. I will say that he's I mean, even at this age, he's been okay, he's not a top ten player in the league, but he's still been really, really good this year so far, kind of working his way back. He's played I think five games total now. Yesterday, I don't know what yesterday was. I mean, yesterday was one of the few times where I'm like, oh, no, no, he looks like he's forty one. He looked like a player that you're looking at and saying, are you sure you want him in right now? You don't want him on the bench, bring somebody else in it. It's one of the few times that I've watched Lebron three of ten from the field. One of the things Lebron does so well is he obviously figures out a way to fill up the stat line with assists and rebounds and everything else. He was was nothing he was doing yesterday. The only thing he was doing with seven eight minutes left to play with he's trying to get to ten points to keep his double digit streak alive. So clearly there that was the only thing at at the end of the game that mattered because the Lakers were so far behind that was concerning.
Speaker 3: And maybe this was just.
Speaker 5: Hey, he wasn't fresh. Granted he didn't play in the Pelicans game on Sunday, you played back to back, there was a reason why they sat him out against the Pelicans, had him ready for Phoenix. But that was one of the few times where it was kind of like, what's going on here with Lebron? And he did look his age. He looked old, and that that's the best way. He didn't look good at all yesterday and he looked old, and hopefully that's just one game.
Speaker 4: Back to Doncic and the nine turnovers. There after the game, he said something along the lines of different, defense looked different. You know, I scored lots and you know, could not get the other guys involved them. It's my best Luca accent, but he uh darby. Are we seeing something that maybe other teams are going to try, Like, hey, whatever, Luke, you want to score twenty in the first quarter and whatever forty in the game, do it, but we're gonna limit everything else. Is that Is that a new approach that no one else has taken? And was that part of the nine turnovers and gonna blowout win effectiveness?
Speaker 5: I think Luca's seen everything. So I think in his you know what, was he twenty six now in the NBA and already individually has unbelievable accolades and accomplishments. I think he's seen everything. I think last night was the Lakers looked, they looked off, They looked like they played three games in four nights. I'm not been making any excuses. Like I said, Phoenix ran through them, and give Phoenix a lot of credit for yesterday's performance, But collectively for the Lakers, Austin Reeves sixteen points, Rui Hachimura had as many points as all of us combined. He didn't score anything, And I think it was the combination of Luca making bad passes Phoenix playing good defense, blitzing a lot of these players, including Luca and nobody else contributing. I don't think anybody really found anything that they're gonna take tomorrow and say that's it. We found the blueprint on Luca. I think Luca will figure it out. He's been really, really good so far this season. But I think collectively they were all bad. Collectively, they were steps slower. And I don't know if you guys heard JJ, but right after the game, he's like, look, if you don't give the same amount of effort as the Phoenix Suns, that's what's gonna happen. And that had probably the foundation of why they lost.
Speaker 3: Burned by the Sun. The great Alan Sleewah our friend. You can check out Hoops Talk on YouTube and of course on the iHeartRadio app and the station here with his daily NBA reports, triple threat Sleewah not just a three and D guy. We appreciate you, slee Wah. Have a great day, and thank you for being a friend.
Speaker 5: Thank you Koch, thank you guys. I appreciate you guys having me on.
Speaker 3: All right, and we're gonna have another hour of great sports talk after Sleewah.
Speaker 2: Great sports talk, coops talk.
Speaker 3: But not next. Now we have the final our fun fact and quick hits, and there will inevitably be some hoops talk. Hoops talk, but it will not be that detail.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah,