Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 4: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 5: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, Tam Cats Well, Hi there everybody.
Speaker 3: And welcome two Bo Rongo Casino Dodgers on dech on this hot Monday afternoon, July the twentieth. You're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers first place atop the NL West, they said a sixty three and thirty seven, an eleven and a half game lead in the division after taking two or three from the Yankees over the weekend in New York. The Dodgers continue their East Coast road trip with a three game series in Philadelphia against Bryce Harper and the Phillies. Imit Sheen on the mount of the series opener, first pitch from Citizens Bank Park is coming up at four to ten. Between then and now, We got a lot to get to here on Moronggo Casino. Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. We'll get you the very latest on show. Hey Otani, we'll preview this pitching matchup, which is a good one. Christopher Sanchez, the All Star starter in the National League going for the Phillies. Imag Sheen looking to put back to back starts for the Dodgers. Up on this board, we got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner coming up in about thirty minutes. David Vassa joins us throughout the hour, of course, and in just a few minutes we check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out at the Galloping of Ford Broadcast booth.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Last night in the Bronx, it was a dueling bullpen game between the Dodgers and the Yankees. Will Klein was the opener as the Dodgers earlier in the day when the day portion of the day night doubleheader behind Yoshinobu Yamamoto. The night portion was a bullpen game, and Will Klein got into trouble in the first up an RBI single the former Dodger Cody Bellinger, and just like that, the Yankees had won nothing lead. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, couldn't get anything going against the Yankees opener Ryan Yarborough, the former Dodger. They had runners on base in the third, button couldn't score. In the fifth, Jack Dryer on the mount. He proceeded to give him three straight singles to load the bases with Yankees Dave Roberts had seen it off. He went to brock Stewart, hoping to get out of the Indian unscathed. He struck out Domingos, got Chisholm to pop out to third, so the bases were still loaded.
Speaker 7: Two down.
Speaker 3: Facing Anthony Volpe.
Speaker 7: Bases loaded for him again the payoff from Stewart.
Speaker 1: He struck him out.
Speaker 8: Brock Stewart inherits the bases loaded and he leaves them loaded.
Speaker 2: He reached into the head bowling what did he find?
Speaker 6: He found three big outs that he had to have. What a job out of the bullpen?
Speaker 3: What a job by brock Stewart comes in, shuts the door on the Yankees in the fifth, keeps him from scoring, keeps it at a one nothing game. The game remained that way until the seventh, as Alex Vessi then struck out the side, so they went to the eighth. Dave Roberts went to his bench looking for some spark offensively from Tommy Edmond.
Speaker 7: The old one.
Speaker 2: Edmund swings and lit one high in the year to deep right field, carrying back.
Speaker 3: This one is gone.
Speaker 8: Tommy Edmund with a pinchhit home run, and we are tied in the eighth.
Speaker 6: Just as you were saying, he came on the other night and he got it going and he ties it.
Speaker 3: Pen shit hole run from Tommy Tanks last night, who hits a bomb off of Fernando Cruz that tied the game at won and gave the Dodgers some new life against the Yankees. Two batters later, Max months he walked and Dalton Rushing walked. All right, Dodgers had a little something going on first and second, one out, the lineup flipped over for show Hey Otani. Yankees brought in their closer, David Bednard to try to keep the game at one, and he did struck out O'tani. Andy pat Has popped out a second that ended the Dodgers rally into the inniing. The Dodgers and Yankees remained tight at one in the bottom of the inning, and Evan Phillips on in relief after striking out Jason Divegez, Phillips left a fastball over the plate for Jazz Chishom, who hit it out to less thaner Field, a solo home run. Yankees retook the lead up two to one, and they'd go on and win by that same final score. Dodgers dropped the finale in the Bronx last night, but they still win this series, taking two or three from the Yankees. The road trip now continues to Philadelphia after the team bust there last night for the start of a three game series against the Fight and Phils. Image Sheen on the mount in the series opener. First pitch from Citizens Bank Park, coming up at four to ten and with more let's head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we say hello, Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: Great to be back with you, Tim and great to be back at the Bank the Dodgers in Phillies. This is a Battle of National League Titans postseason rematch of last year. In the potential postseason preview for this year. Mod The Dodgers would have loved to have swept the Yankees, but they came up a run short in the series finale, still taking two out of three in the Bronx and now three more here in Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: What do you expect them?
Speaker 6: Well, I think, first of all, the Phillies are trying to make a move. They are only three games out of first place, trailing the Atlanta Braves in the Nation League Eastern Division. And while they've split each of the last ten games, they feel very good about themselves, and especially at home because you know, since Don Manningly took over the helm, Rob Thompson was fired on you know, April. Since that time, at home, the Phillies have the fourth best record in Major League Baseball. They've done twenty one and thirteen since Manningly has taken over, and that's just the home portion. Overall, they played very good baseball, and I think for the Dodgers, quite frankly, they didn't play particularly well in the In the second game of the double hitter last night, they had some scoring opportunities, not many, but they had a couple of them. But I think that they made a statement to themselves. They played very good baseball in those three games overall against the Yankees.
Speaker 7: And still not yet rolling, especially in the offense.
Speaker 2: They have too many guys the Dodgers do, who are hitting far below their standards and their talent level. And that's something that Phillies can empathize with. So these are two Titans, as they described him. That's what they're in the National League. They're two talented offenses and both of them are trying to find that talent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no question about it, Steven. I agree one hundred percent on that end of it. And if we look at Mookiy Benz, he's dropped down in that lineup. You know, Dave Roberts is looking at this lineup itself, So Bens is going to move down to the five spot. But if we look at Mooky Bentz, the last eleven games, he's hit a one to five is old. He's not really put the ball into play. The Oscar Hernandez the last fifteen games is hit one eighteen. He gets dropped down to the number seventh spot. Alex call will be in the lineup against the left hander Sanchez tonight. Kaul will be in in right field and Miguel Rojas is going to be at second base in over the third Tommy Edmund. And Edmund has really added a lot to this lineup the last eight games. He's had hits in each of those, last hitting at three to seventy in that point. So Edmund, the switch hitter, will be playing at third base against the lefty tonight.
Speaker 2: We love watching Tommy Evan play baseball, and he's elevated at the three hole. Mod This is my favorite note about Tommy Edman. Already this year, only twenty five games, the Dodgers have started him now after tonight in seven different spots in the order one, two, five, six, seven, nine, and now in this series opener against Sanchez in the Phillies in the three hole. We'll talk more about this starting pitching matchup Sanchez against Emma Chien for the Dodgers, and we'll get a key from Moe in.
Speaker 7: A little bit. Until then, Tim, we've sent it back to you.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, Nelly, As we're counting down to first pitch, Dodger fans, on this Monday afternoon, your game day meal on Shakey's Peteza Parlor. What are your Shaky's pets chackin and mojos right now shakys dot Com coming up between now and first pitch, David Vasse will join us. Well here for the manager, Dave Robbers lay us on the injury front. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll break down this pitching matchup. We will hear from Charlie Steiner. But up next your o Tani rewind and a milestone moment for a Dodger rookie last night in the Bronx. That's coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies, the first of three from Citizens Bank Park. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kas at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball Hans.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and Phillies says. The East Coast roadshup continues Immache and Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup. First pitch from Philadelphia coming up at four ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani ree wide yard Bros.
Speaker 7: Two to zero.
Speaker 2: Otani cues it off the end of the bat, dribbling to the third base side. No play for cabiiro in An infield single for Show, who was laughing as.
Speaker 7: He crossed his first base.
Speaker 2: That was a batted ball against the Yankee infield shift.
Speaker 7: But the Dodgers will take it well.
Speaker 6: But I don't know if that would even register on a radar gun. That may be the softest base hit that those Honey's ever had in his life.
Speaker 3: Still goes down as a base hit. Showy Otani won for four last night. His single in the third, as you heard, one of only four hits all night for the Dodgers' offense. That was it as they dropped the series finale at Yankee Stadium last night by a final of two to one. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by our friends of Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of you real car. Do'tate today, your car could be picked up Tomorrow's that easy. Donate now at carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with the K. One of the other four hits last night came from Dodger rookie Eliezer Alfonso. Congratulations to the twenty six year old who's had a mixed bag emotions. Certainly we're feeling for him in the tragedy in Venezuela and the happiness for him getting called up finally after playing so many years in the minor leagues, and last night getting his first major league hit and afterwards caught up with David Vessa in the media.
Speaker 9: At least you know what was the feeling getting your first big league hit and the way your teammates reacted.
Speaker 10: I feel really good, Like first thing I say, as soon as I saw the ball going through dans cap for this freely special moment doing it here at Yankees Stadium because this is the American League favorites, my grandmother's favorite team, so doing it today has like a little extra special moment. And the guys are being supporting me, pushing me as like every day, and they told me that you're gonna get it here in the Yunkee Stadium. It's going to be really good.
Speaker 4: What did it mean to you?
Speaker 3: What are you doing with the ball?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: I haven't get a year, but for sure I'm gonna take it back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: What do you mean for you to have a guy like Otani recognize that it was your first hit to come over and congratulate you.
Speaker 10: I mean, really good, Like I say, all my teammates are being supporting me from the day one that I got here. So I told me before the game, like, hey, let's go, let's get the first hit today. And I did it on the first at bat, and soon I went back to go to get aware. He comes straight to me and he says, congratulations.
Speaker 9: I told you yeah, as far as the bullpen game tonight, to handle those guys and to have a chance to win at the end. What was it like to get all those guys best stuff time?
Speaker 10: I mean really good. I feel like we threw the boat really good. Uh throughout the game. I feel like every bullpen. Bullpen days are a little harder because you gotta you gotta do like quicker adjustment doing the games with everybody attacking, approaching the other team way with every single guy's trends. But I feel like we threw a really, really good game. We couldn't get the victory at the end, but we've got to keep going and think about tomorrow's game against Phillies.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's Elliot Alfonso, the rookie catcher who picked up his first major league hit last night. Congratulations to him. Still they come here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck we'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. We will check in with David Vassa, who goes one on one with Miguel Rojas. But I'm next. We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the busy weekend, but in double henery yesterday took two and three, rained out on Saturday, got weather potentially tomorrow in Philadelphia. Let's check out with the Dodgers skipper when we come back. As we leads up to Dodgers and Phillies first pitch at four ten, I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 3: Season long long Morondo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch from Philadelphia Dodgers in Phillies, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa A grand slam for good times. Damon Sheen on the mound, first pitch from Citizens Bank Park coming up at four ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodger.
Speaker 3: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Edwin Diaz has made a couple of outings for the Ontario Tower Buzzers as he continues as his rehab assignment. Blake Snell pitched over the weekend in Triple A, Oklahoma City. He's coming back from the same procedure done on his elbow that Edwin Diaz had been at different timelines. Tyler Glass now still bothered by back spasms, but he is able to throw off a flat ground. Kiki Hernandez on a minor league rehab assignment from his left oblique injury. Will Smith is shut down baseball activities at least for the week, hoping to get an update for manager Dave Roberts here either today or the next couple of days on the Dodger All Star catcher and what he is going through. Right, let's head back out to Philadelphia. Let's get the pregame thoughts. So the Dodgers giver.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave Dave, Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 4: You guys made a trade for Seth Halverson. What's the plan for him? Is he going to the famous Dodger pitching lab or what's the plan for him?
Speaker 11: I think Seth is going to go to ok See and then so hopefully we can you know, unlock some levers and but the arm talents there and our guys are really excited about him.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like from the feedback you've gotten and what you've seen, that getting out of chorus Field and getting with you guys can give him a new opportunity?
Speaker 11: I think so, you know, I mean, obviously, we lost a couple of guys that we liked out of the draft a couple of years ago, and I'm sure Josh Burns had some you know, something to do with that familiarity. But again, yes, Seth, I think that there are some things our guys like so really excited the end of the.
Speaker 3: Top game, something that you of course.
Speaker 7: Seen what continue the slim.
Speaker 11: I think that what I do see is Mooki staying in the five hole for a while. I do see show Hay still at the top and Freddy doing most of that taking the bats in the three hole, and Andy being the two hole. So uh, you know, I think that the four the three four is something I'm gonna kind of kind of toying.
Speaker 3: With and why is that prompted?
Speaker 11: I think what prompted is I want to just I think right now, I feel that I want to give Mooky a different look for two days game. Want to put a little bit more distance in between show hand Freddy. And that's kind of the thought today.
Speaker 3: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts, a little bit of a tinker to the lineup, and the Dodgers making a trade to bring in another arm who they hope to get the pulleys and lovers working in the right direction for the newly acquired pitcher. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check you out with David Vassa, get you all the latest on this trade. What does it mean? Could this arm help out the Dodgers the second half of the season. DV joins his next from Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. Leave you up to first pitch on this Monday. I'm Tim Kayson, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Phillies from Citizens Bank Park the opening game of a three games set Emma Sheen on the Mount Todgers Baseball brought to you by Alpato in La and made for your game day. A Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, suces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time. El Pato Gourmetana.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David Bassi orright DV.
Speaker 3: We heard your question to Dave Roberts a few minutes ago. The Dodgers have acquired another picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Seth Halverson from the Rockies and from the people I've spoken to that are close to the Rockies, they told me he's got a great arm, can hit ninety eight, ninety nine. But the reality is, uh, he is a pitcher pitching at Corsefield and that's never fun. So the Dodgers believe getting him out of the altitude and getting him with their pitching staff, and he is going to report to Oklahoma City. We'll see him at some point before now in the end of the year. But I think back to another Rocky reliever the Dodgers acquired, and that was former Ray Jake McGee. A number of years back, Andrew Friedman had him in Tampa Bay. They traded for him from the Rockies and he was really good with the Dodgers. So it is a thing to get a guy that has only known the altitude to get him out of pitching for the Rockies and get him back at sea level if you believe that he's good enough, and that's what the Dodgers are banking on.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by the Ford Summer Sales Event. Don't wait hurrying down for the best offers of the year. Ford, the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. Speaking of the Bank, the Dodgers are at Citizens Bank Park in showing Otani what's the latest?
Speaker 4: David Well ballpark that show hey Otani has never hit a home run in his career, one of the few ballparks where he has never homered. And earlier today during Dodgers' batting practice, so Tani was actually pitching off a flat round again and did his usual ritual after he was done, through a baseball into the outfield stands, signed some autographs down the left field line, and then as he was coming back, I caught his eye and o'tani and I. You know, obviously I keep my distance. But there are some sarcastic moments that are unspoken.
Speaker 1: This was one of them.
Speaker 4: Like I mentioned, Otani has never hit a home run in this ballpark. We made eye contact and he pointed to the right field bleachers a la Babe ruth. Maybe calling a shot to yours.
Speaker 7: Truly, so it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be tough against Christopher Sanchez, but you never know. That could be him being aware that he's never hit a home run here. I don't know what it meant, but I'm taking it as he was calling his shot. Maybe tonight, maybe during this series.
Speaker 3: Must listen to radio when showy Otani gets into the box tonight there at Citizens Big Park, Great stuff DV. We'll be listening to see if he can get his home run that he has not gotten there in Philadelphia. Appreciate it. It's gonna go one on one coming up with Miguel or Rojas coming up in about fifteen minutes. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on deck when we come back though your Dodgers Magical moment Dodgers Phillies, the first of three from Philadelphia. First pitch coming up at four to ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Oh do you know what.
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 5: Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies as they started a three game series. Dodgers took two or three over the weekend in New York against the Yankees, looking to dominate this series, which gets underway from Citizens Bank Park. Image Sheen on the mountain. First pitch at four.
Speaker 12: Ten, Hot dog, who wants the hot It's time for the hawfy Magical moment.
Speaker 5: Bitch Magical by Hawfey Hot times.
Speaker 3: Well, you go back to two, two than and seventeen April twenty ninth, to be exact, a Dodger Stadium, Dodgers taking on the Phillies. Dodgers were down on their luck. They were trailing the Phillies going to the bottom half of the ninth inning. They needed to do something big. They needed to get some runs on the scoreboard to get back into it. A game in which they trail five to two going to the bottom of the ninth.
Speaker 12: The o w to five, ball to left and it's back to back to back. Turner a pinch hit home run, his first of the year. The Dodgers back from the dead. It is tied at five. Round ball right side, bubbled in the short left field. Here comes Barnes to score the Dodgers winning. Adrian Gonzalez found the hole on the left side. It then was cupped by Freddy Galvis running with two out. Barns comes into score and the Dodgers with the most improbable comeback of the u by anybody in baseball, winning six to five.
Speaker 3: Dodgers come all the way back thanks to three straight home runs from Yasio Pue, Cody Bellinger, Justin Turner that tied the game, and then Adrian Gonzalez reached on an infield singles scoring Austin Barnes and the Dodgers before in the bottom of the ninth on that April day in twenty seventeen, come back and stun the Phillies six to five. This Hofey Magical Bamba brought to you by a Hofey hot Dogs Hoffey Soak has local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey Hot Dogs local and so great. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Charlie Stetterer. You just heard him call that back in twenty seventeen. We'll hear from Charlie next as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 3: Low leaning up to Dodgers and the Phillies, the start of a three games set from the City of Brotherly Love image. She and Christopher Sanchez to pitching matchup. Time Now for the Verizon startup. As we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Veriazon you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Horizon store today. We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 13: All right, Tim, It's game one hundred and one, sixty three and thirty seven through the first one hundred games. Dodgers eleven and a half in front of Arizona, thirteen and a half in front of San Diego after taking two of three from the Yankees in the Bronx next stop, the Phillies ten games over five hundred in second place in the National League East. The Dodgers were the best road record in the game at thirty two and eighteen. The Phillies are just three games over five hundred at home after yesterday splitting.
Speaker 7: Of the double header.
Speaker 13: Let's begin with the performance by i'm a A. He was terrific and B that allowed the bullpen to be used as far and wise as it could in the second game.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And for Dave Roberts, he has i'm a motor after the eight inning and says, well, what do you think? He said, I want the ball, so that they let him have the ball, and boy he carried it. And when you're playing that Day nine doubleheader and you have in game one your starter throws a complete game, the bullpen says, hey, thank you very much, and it set things up. The Dodgers didn't hit particularly well in Game two, and it took that one on the channel before they busted here to Philadelphia. But all in all, the Dodgers in that series Charlie played much better baseball than what we saw the final three games before the All Star break. And the point being is that the Dodgers played well, not only from an offense, defense and pitching standpoint, there just seemed to be a return of the electricity in the way that they played the game.
Speaker 13: And watching the Yankees, frankly, they didn't play that well, it hit that well, certainly didn't feel the ball at all, well at all.
Speaker 6: No, it is going to anger some Yankee fans, but the Yankees were not really the Yankees in what we have come to know over the number of years. Okay, they're hanging in there, no question about it. But for the Dodgers, I think they felt that they should have taken all three games. Didn't happen that way. Now they've got to go ahead and readjust, and they're going to have to readjust to a very tough pitcher, Christopher Sanchez, the lefty off to a very good start this season, and they need something from Emmett Shean the last couple of starts. He's been much much better, in particular the last three stars. But the big right hander kind of disappointed to this particular point, but hopefully things will go upward for him.
Speaker 13: He's four up, six down with an ERF four eighty one. Opponents are hitting two forty one against him. He has struck out ninety three and walked twenty six. Then there's Sanchez the All Star. Of course, he laid in that in opening the All Star Game at home Day, but regular season this is his twenty first start eleven and four, two sixty two er and at home this year, Sanchez is seven and one and eighty six er at the Bank and so it was a pretty tough customer for the Dodgers to face tonight.
Speaker 6: It is a couple of things to look at for Sanchez. First of all, in the very first inning, is era is almost six and a half runs. And also if you look at the last six start Cities had, well he's three and two. The ERA is over five and a half. So he's not been the same really since the middle of June. And if you look at what he's done in July, the two start Cities had, is era is over nine and a half. With Sanchez to the Dodger seat tonight, the.
Speaker 13: Phillies are forty one and fourteen in games started by Wheeler, Lozardo and Sanchez, fourteen and thirty one started by anybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, watching the ball club.
Speaker 13: Last night, and watching Otani.
Speaker 7: Of course he didn't pitch.
Speaker 13: Don't know when he is going to pitch again, but there were a couple of times, perhaps you know, I was looking too closely where that left knee didn't seem particularly great, and running out in field it hits no.
Speaker 6: And he also filed the ball off of the left knee as well during the ball game. And then the big concern for me was how he went down the first base line trying to beat out an infield ground ball that was hit the second base. When he hit the bag with his left knee, his knee buckled a little bit, and I thought he did an extraordinarily good job in remaining his balance and not falling down. So evidently the knee is good enough to go, because he's going to lead things off again tonight, be the designated.
Speaker 7: Hitter, Otonic leading it off.
Speaker 13: Tommy Edmund, boy, he's been hot at anybody but be batt in third the night playing at second base. Edmund's got an eight game hitting streak coming in that in three seventy nine runs scored. And there he is right in the middle of the lineup with Otani and Paez in front of him. Freeman Rojas behind.
Speaker 6: Him gut Ben for Edmund He'll be at third base. Miguel Rojas gets to start at second base and Alys call against the Leftander Sanchez will be in right field as Kyle Tucker will not start in that game tonight against the left Dodgers.
Speaker 13: Entered the game with the second best team er in the nation of the league. Nobody's got a better starting rotation statistically than the Dodgers. The starters have a three thirty six er. The bullpen not too bad either, three seventy one. So it's the first of three the Dodgers in the Phillies at the Bank in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Coming up, Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclow Field the Dodgers Stadium. Just visit uniclode dot com slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before we get the first pitch, you're gonna get a preview this pitching matchup. Nelly and Rick are going to have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tie with Miguel Rojas. So leads up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Monday afternoon first pitch except for four ten. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tick on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies on this Monday afternoon. Is the East Coast road trip post All Star Break continues. Dodgers to two or three in the Bronx and the Yankees over the weekend. They now start a three game set against the Fight and Phills and she and Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 3: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: A man that has the eye of the tiger, a man that has risen to the top but is still hung agree and that is the one and only World Series Hero Miguel Rojas in Philadelphia. NIGGI thanks a lot for the time. I always appreciate it.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you very much. It's always nice to come here to Philadelphia. I like playing here. I play here a lot of games when I was with with the Modelings, and obviously UH the last couple of years it's being meaningful, many full games in the stadium, So it's it's nice to come back here. We had a really good time last October when we want to two games right here before before we clinch our our seat to go to the Championship Series. So looking forward for this series, for sure, you can appreciate this.
Speaker 4: Everybody only talks about the World Series, and rightfully so, but that Philly series and the NLDS, you guys are starting the playoffs on the road, and the wheel play seems to be the moment that kind of stands out along with tay Oscars home run.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean a lot of things in that series happened for us to uh to be in a good shape going into the Champion Series. But definitely we knew when you know, when we got when we got the chance to play in the playoff again, that we were gonna face that team again at some point because we knew as we knew in twenty twenty four that the Patterers was going to be a really good team and and a tough one to be the Phillies were gonna be that team. In twenty twenty five, we play against them in the in the during the regular season. It was tough, you know, it was really hard to play here in Philadelphia and they got a bigger, better seat than us, so we knew we was gonna have to come here and at least winning two games then.
Speaker 7: To go back home.
Speaker 14: So it was pretty special because it lacked, if it made us lacked in on on what we needed to accomplish at this time. And uh showhill Toney starting that game one and going six seednings and throwing one of the best balls that he threw the whole year, then obviously tail being clutched as as he used to in the playoffs. It was really cool. But that play that you just mentioned changed the dynamics of the series, and it was really cool to see that a team that is always knowing for the offense and the big arms and the bullpen and all that were able to do that kind of play in that moment.
Speaker 7: It was pretty cool to watch.
Speaker 14: I wasn't playing that game, but then I saw it happen, and I saw how Mookie took the moment and kind of like let Monsigno and Bessie, I did an amazing job delivering the ball to home play and it was a great play.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm glad you said that you weren't playing. But Miguel Rojas was a big part of that because after the game, Mookie bets that he heard your Venezuelan voice in his head to get everybody organized to pull off that play. I know you have a future ahead of you in the dugout. I mean, I guess that's step one right where players on the field are remembering what they learned from you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I mean, that's one of the things that I'm not looking for any confirmation for from from other players, but it's always nice to to hear that from Mookie and from the guys that I kind of like. They they remind like a couple things that happening early in the year. We run this play in a regular season game against the Angels and it worked out. So, I mean, we already have it on our playbook, even though we don't practice.
Speaker 3: That since spring training.
Speaker 14: You know, uh, and that was really cool to see Mookie that he's on his second year playing shortstop every single day in a playoff game that means a load and kind of like have impact over like the full season and and for a for an aspiration of winning the World Series.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 14: He was able to slow the game down and kind of like tell the tell the guys around the infield, this is what we want to do. And that's what that's what makes me really proud that uh uh, the things that you are trying to kind of like teach and and kind of like.
Speaker 3: The experience that you have in the position.
Speaker 14: To to have you know your teammates when they're out there by themselves, and they were able to pull it off. And it was amazing to watch.
Speaker 3: Niggie.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time. Always loved talking baseball with you, and I love seeing you in the dugout just taking it all in. It looked like you were visualizing being in the moment, taking like you said at the beginning of the year, just taking all this in.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean it's it's there's some places that kind of like bring you some memories and and some some really good good things that happened in your career, and I think this place is one of them for me. A lot of good plays, a lot of good hits, a lot of moments in this place that I remember. So that's why I wanted to come out here early and kind of like take a look, because this might be my last time sitting in this uh, in this dog out in this stadium, So I really like to appreciate moments and moments like this kind of gave me the piece of knowing that I did everything that I could to uh to play this game for long. But now I'm just focusing on continue to help the team.
Speaker 4: Thank you for allowing me to interrupt that I'll back out so you can enjoy this.
Speaker 7: So thank you for the time.
Speaker 14: We never brought him anything.
Speaker 4: Thank you, La there. He is fan favorite, two time World Series Champion, World Series Hero Miguel Rojas has been our guest and here receive a gift card to Javiers, the finest of Mexican food. You never know where you might see Miggy Pasadena, downtown, Newport Beach, him and Freddy living the good life with Javiers. We'll send it back to you in the studio, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot DV. Thank you Miguel as well. Lead you out to first pitch on this Monday Dodgers and Phillies. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Keats is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Phillies, first of three from Citizens Bank Park. First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 5: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchups brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Christopher Sanchez on the mound eleven wins already to sixty two ERA twenty nine year old left hand raut the Dominican Republic in his sixth season now in the Big League. He throws a sinker, a slider in a changeup. That change up is nasty. Eighty five of his one hundred and forty four strikeouts have come on that pitch. He's limited hitters to a one sixty seven batting average when he throwing the change up and getting swinging misses. Making his twenty first start of this season last time out, seven inightings, two runs, ten hit, seven strikeouts and a win at Detroit before the All Star Break. He got the start in the All Star Game for the National League. Is the home pitcher there at Citizens Bank Park. He give him three runs at the first inning, though Sanchez made eleven starts at the Bank before the All Star break pretty good seven and one with a sub one er and eighty five strikeouts. He has made four starts against the Dodgers in his career. He is two and zero with a four to oh one er E during the regular season twenty four and two thirty indings, he's got twenty two strikeouts. Sheen on the mound for the Dodgers four and six, four eighty one e. Twenty six year old right hander in his fourth season now the big League's finally healthy and been pretty good. Making his eighteenth start this year. He hasn't completed six innings, though in his start since June first against Arizona, last start before the All Star break, well, he went five and a third innings, three runs, three hit, seven strikeouts and a walk into no decision against those same Diamondbacks. He has faced the Phillies once in his career, no wins, no losses, one fifty nine ERA. He went five and two third innings in relief September fifteenth last year, where he gave up one run on one hit, walk three, struck out seven against Philadelphia. So it's Emmett Shean and the All Star starter Christopher Sanchez and that nasty changeup Dodgers Phillies. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch from Citizens Bank Park. It's the first to three from Philadelphia. He's to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates. This it's the back to back of World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap.
Speaker 1: I'm your home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Phillies the start of a three game sent from Citizens Bank Park. Im she and Christopher Sanchez a pitching matchup. If we get you ready for the start of the game with a Sapporos start Great moment Star with Saporo Beer, whatever your taste reference. So Poro's got you covered with a variety crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers, soporo, good wish sushi, but great with baseball. All right, before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth one final time. The two guys on the call, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday guys all.
Speaker 7: Right, TC.
Speaker 2: First pitch in a few moments from Christopher Sanchez, who has the second shortest odds in the National League to take home the Say Young Award this year, trailing only Jacob Mazarowski of the Milwaukee Brews. It we Emit Shean for the Dodgers going against him, Moe, what do you make of a key tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, I think for Emmitt Shean continued to really build upon better outings. And if we look at the number of innings he's had, one through five have not been bad. It's after the fifth inning he's running into the problems on that end of it. But the fastball is starting to come back with a little bit more. I think effectiveness and especially the elevated fastball is just a one to seventy six average on that end of it over the last three starts that she And has been on the mound.
Speaker 7: And if we talk about.
Speaker 6: Comparisons Christopher's hand chance as you mentioned, yes, I mean the fifth best dera two point six to two. He was rocked in that one ending in the All Star Game. You put that aside, that means absolutely nothing. However, in July two starts as Era is over nine and a half, he has been hit rather well the last number of outings he's had.
Speaker 2: Someone who has not hit him well in his career would be show Hey Otani. But it is encouraging Mo to see Otani back in there in this starting lineup because that left knee took him off the starting.
Speaker 7: Rotation for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to start Wednesday in the series against the Phillies. Scratch from that no timetable from the return to the mound. Started all three games in New York, but in that doubleheader foul the ball off that left knee and then in an awkward stride into first base on that left knee in leg. So the Dodgers putting him back in there today that means he's good enough to go, and that's good news.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's had trouble against Sanchez's most left handers have had four for twenty two. The guy that really needs to come forward. And I mentioned Taskar Hernandez a little bit earlier. The last fifteen games hitting just won eighteen. However, against Sanchez he's six for eighteen with a couple of home runs. They desperately need tonight the right handed hitting to really come through against Sanchez.
Speaker 2: He's tough to hit, and Taskar Hernandez had one of his finest moments last year in this ballpark in the Division Series, a go ahead home run here at the bank to right center field. If Tioscar Hernandez has that opo swing going, then you know he's in a dangerous spot. The Dodgers want to get him back to that spot and they love for it to start tonight against the Phillies.
Speaker 7: First pitching a moment tim.
Speaker 3: Back to you, all right, Dodgers in Philly is getting ready to start at three game series. Dodgers eleven and a half games up in the NL West over the Diamondbacks, who are home tonight against the Athletics. That game we'll get underway in a couple of hours. Dodgers also in front of the Padres in the Division who are in Atlanta, get ready to start that game in just a few minutes as well. David Vassie's got your cover with the postgame all the highlights, reaction, hose A Motive will check in and of course Dodger Talk as well to get your reaction after this one is over. Buckle up should be a good one.
Speaker 1: Emmy.
Speaker 3: She and Christopher Sanchez show, Hey Otani has never homer at Citizens Bank Park? Will he homer tonight? Will he homer? In this series? We'll find out he is first up when we come back. Dodgers and Phillies next. Enjoyed this has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck by hearing your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network