Speaker 1: All right, the great American is out, the average American is in, and here we go, Here we go, here we go on this Wednesday. Great to have you along with us. And I say that not capriciously, as you know, because whether you're listening on the great medium of terrestrial radio or perhaps on the iHeartMedia app, we welcome you on in here to seven HUNDREDLW. Well, the government shutdown continues, That's what everybody seems to be talking about in town, nationally, or whatever. But how many people have actually been affected by the government shutdown? Have your has your life been affected by it yet? And if it hasn't, when do you anticipate it will be? And with all due respect to those that work for the federal government and have not received a paycheck in or at least once and maybe another one coming up here at the end of the month, how much sympathy do you feel for them? And quite frankly, it's starting to get serious. If our true hoops and our air traffic controllers and other people that we rely on on a day to day basis for a safety if they're not getting paid, I mean they got to pay bills too, And so we play the game of politics in Washington, d C. And when politics comes into the equation, there's only one voice I want to hear. There's only one person I think we should listen to because his voice is always a voice of reason. This is a man who is largely referred to as a Reagan Republican, somebody that understood that all sides need to be heard and then a decision has to be made. Kind of a winsome man. And because of that he has written some winsome books, The Winsome Way, the Winsome candidate, the winsome politics. The winsome Man is here in our presence right now, and it's a good day here on seven hundred W welwd to welcome in Dan Snell. How are you on this glorious Wednesday?
Speaker 2: I am dandy, ken Brew, Thank you for all those words. I hope I can live up to this where ken Brew on day twenty two that rhyme day twenty two of the shutdown, who's going to blink first? That's the question, right. It's sad for America some of the things you were talking about. It's true. I think we're really reaching that stage now where paychecks aren't being made and it's going to get a little bit antsy even in the farming. You know, I'm out here in Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Ohio's like in the top ten, I believe, still in farming and agriculture. And I know that they're talking about maybe some support there for that. And there's just so many things going on right now in America. It's always great to be on the ken Brew Show. Here we are.
Speaker 1: Listen. Look, I'll have you on every day. If you're going to be like this, thank you. Okay. So here's what the facts are. There was a clean CR that was passed by the House. When it got to the Senate, that's when the problem began. And a clean CR, for those that don't know, is a continuing resolution that funds the government we came to keep. We seem to get kicking this budget thing down the road, down the road, down the road. But the Dems have already have always been in favor of a clean CR. Just get it done, just the biding error. Just get it done. This federal government gets funded. We'll figure all these other details out. Well, all the other details don't get figured out here and now here we are Dan in October and the Dems don't want to clean cr They want to add things in about healthcare, about provisions for Obamacare that are set to expire at the end of the year. The Republicans are saying, look, let's just get the federal workers paid and we will talk about those things, and then you have the whole issue about illegal aliens. The Dems say, no, we're not asking for that. The GOP says yes. And we just saw something on the internets a couple of minutes ago the Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith, a Republican representative from state not too far from yours, the great state of Missouri, and he outlines exactly what is going on here about government funding for illegal aliens in healthcare, and he says Democrats shut the government down in order to put illegal immigrants ahead of Americans. My point at all of this is that both sides are dug in. What's the folkrum in your opinion, that moves this thing one side or the other. There has to be a blink moment, and I'm just wondering when you think that might occur.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, there's a lot there, And to me, the blink moment should be the moment when leadership rises up into the hearts of from the White House to the halls of Congress, House and Senate. Is everybody is sounding good with the sound bites and the microphone when you're in the hallways and at the media conferences. But what I want to see, and I think most Americans in Cincinnati and wherever we are, we want to see the wisdom be in a room of closed doors where they get together and put it together and say, Okay, we can't have everything that we want from the Democratic side, but this is the one bottom thing. But they're not even talking. It disappoints me when I hear leaders say we're not going to talk unless you know what. We send them as the American people to go and do the job to make the place we call home better Ohio, Kansas, Nebraska, wherever it is. And I just simply believe my belief the Winsome approach is the ass of Winsome stands for be a solutioneer. Right now, everybody's digging their heels in make great sound bites, but let's get to the into the room. The one thing, the only thing the Democrats I think have to stand on is because it's really not the end of the year. It takes place now because of next year and the way insurances are is, the subsidies for the Healthcare dot Gov do need to be approved now otherwise it will kicking. I personally know people, including my daughter, that would be affected almost double by those subsidies if they're not there.
Speaker 1: You're talking for healthcare dot gov. You're talking about Obamacare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Obamacare. It's Healthcare dot Go Obamacare yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. So the latest is Thune is considering ending the filipbuster, which would require only a majority of the votes to get the troops paid. In other words, the troops, the ATC folks, and all of that to get to get them paid. And that could come according to Tommy Tubberville, Senator from Alabama, who may or may not have coached football here at the University of Cincinnati a few years ago. And they believe me, there are plenty of people here Dan that think may not have coach football at the University of Cincinnati a few years ago. But any event to end to end the Philipbuster, the Republicans have been reticent to do that and just require a majority of fifty That though, would require the House of representatives under leadership Mike Johnson to bring everybody back to washing in DC. And here again is a winsome question, what the hell are all these representatives doing home in their districts for an inordinate amount of time. Why aren't they in Washington, DC trying to figure out how to solve this thing that to me is mind baffling. Is someone that you know, presents that as a nonpartisan question Democrats and Republicans? What are you do at home?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think both parties have responsibility here and a little bit disappointed and Speaker Mike Johnson, because he's his stances keep everybody at home. We don't know that there is a reason why behind the scenes or that you know, there's always talk of that, but there are things that yet their staff isn't there, and there may not be all the people in the Capitol, but you know what, hey, hey can suck it up and lead the country. And there are other issues besides the budget that need to be taken care of the national debt. There are all kinds of things that Mike Johnson could have the House working on, and he does need to bring them back in. And I believe John Thune of all the people in the arena is probably the adult in the room when it comes to trying to reason through things. So I'm hopeful that John Thune is going to rise up to be a leadership role that we're all going to pay attention to, because I think he wants to be a solutionneer, not just follow what the talking points or the bullet points. You know, you hear both sides have their talking points, and it's time to end the talking points and get into a room until something has worked out.
Speaker 1: You know, Dan Snell, It's been my contention since twenty fifteen that the Democrats are a party devoid of any policy. Their whole strategy since twenty fifteen has been stopped Trump, Get Trump, Orange Man Bad, And that's exactly what we're seeing at every turn here. And I think it's beyond disappointing for a party that at one time and not so long ago, had some really good ideas and the difference between Republicans and Democrats back then it was basically funding the dollars in cents, how to make dollars and cents. But now we see nothing from that party really for the last eleven years, and now the big point of contention is a ballroom that Trump wants to put on the White House. And if you listen to the Democrats argue with this is this is the greatest and most despicable defacement of anything that's ever been erected anywhere in the world. But it's all being paid for by and large with Trump money from his pocket and from people that he knows and trust, big, big, big donors. Lucky Martin a settlement from his case against YouTube, he sued YouTube for censorship. He won like twenty four and a half twenty five million dollars. From that, twenty two million is going to go to this ballroom renovation Google alphabet. They're all kicking in money. I don't understand why that, why this is? These are the hills that Democrats continually want to die on. Why why are they doing this?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I think I think the whole let's get Trump agenda, stem Trump, and God bless him. He's the president of the United States. We should all support him as president or campaign for somebody else. But sometimes he gets himself in trouble with the words that he uses. He does a lot of good things on policy, and America cheers him on. He takes nine steps forward, but then he takes five steps back. I think with his ballroom thing, he allowed himself in this situation specifically to get pointed at because he said, we won't touch the existing building. And then of course you have media and photos that show the whole East Wing and the First Lady's offices being torn down. So I think what happens is when he makes a statement as if it's fact, and then that fact has proven that it's not fact. It's a small thing, but it just gives the opportunity. And I think what happens is Donald Trump says things that then open up opportunities. Like he said, oh, I've got the next meeting with Putin planned already and it's going to be in Hungry. We're all set to go, and then that happened the day before, and then we have Ukraine come and then the Putin meeting is off. So there are things that he gets himself in trouble with. It would be like if I came on your show and said, you have low ratings, ken Brew has the lowest, like trump Oy said, for every reporter he doesn't, you have the lowest ratings ever. Terrible ter you know you wouldn't have me back on I love you, I love Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I'd have you back on. No. Absolutely, you just have to tell the truth.
Speaker 3: The uh.
Speaker 1: I'm just amused. Teddy Roosevelt built the West Wing, FDR put in a pooled Truman gutted the entire White House and rebuilt the thing from the inside out. But it just seems like that the Democrats to me are just like they're losing at every place. They want to plan a flag and it's it's kind of baffling. I don't know how much you think this is at work, but you know you've got Chuck Schumer is the wrath of the Republicans right now, and Schumer appears to be vulnerable somewhat from the left. In fact, the left seems to be coming at a lot of the established Democrat representatives and senators right now that the left wing of their party are coming at them. And so I think there are a lot of Democrats that are afraid to vote for something like a cr right now, that they are afraid that they can keep doing that than in twenty twenty six, in twenty twenty eight, or whenever they're up, they're going to be in a lot of trouble. I really think that a lot of these people, including Schumer, although he hasn't directly admitted it, are afraid of getting primary. My god, they asked AOC about it at some meeting she was at with Bernie Sanders, some conference she was at with Bernie Sanders last week. Then and the minute they asked her, Bernie jumped in and tried to put that fire out. I think it's I think the far left primarying the middle left is a real problem in that party right now? Would you agree?
Speaker 2: I degree one hundred percent? Can they The Democratic Party right now seems to be floundering.
Speaker 3: They really don't have.
Speaker 2: A go to leader. You know, as history is recording.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of Republican friends, and my friends are saying what a reasonable president Bill Clinton was and if you you know, five years ago, ten years ago, oh, you're so bad. But really, when it came to the economy and successful things, Clinton moved to the center. And if the Democratic Party doesn't learn that where the American people were, seventy percent of the American people, not the fifteen percent that are extreme on either side, is in the in the middle. We just want the place we call home to be better, and that's common sense. And in the middle, and Schumer's in trouble. I get a kick out of the talking points because I listen all across the country to media, and I hear every single House of representative they say. I think they're told to say it three times because they always say Schumer shutdown, shumor shutdown, humor shutdown, I mean class copy point and on both sides. But the Democrats, you know, they attacked Trump, and both sides need to get in a room and be leaders. You know, it's not about the greatest quip in front of a microphone, but it's the greatest success of wisdom in behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, you want to win the SoundBite of the day, and you want to get on TV. And but I want one more question, and you alluded to it just a few minutes ago. I don't have a lot of time. But Trump's meeting with Putin is off. Says he mayo goes he may go to China and see she next week. I guess he's got a plane ticket he's got to cash in on. I don't know, but he uh, But the meeting with Putin is off, and Zelensky said he was going to be at the meeting. Look, let's just say that you have infinite powers, and you've been appointed by President Trump to settle the war between Ukraine and Russia. Tell us in thirty seconds, Dan Snell the win some candidate, tell us in thirty seconds, how you would settle that so that all sides are happy.
Speaker 2: I would simply say to Putin that we have twenty one days to solve this, or we are going to provide the horsepower, the firepower to Ukraine to make it a fair war. And I think Putin understands power in twenty one days is fair enough. And it's time. It's time, enough enough, let's get this done right.
Speaker 1: He's a bully, and the only thing bullies understand are is power. And I think you're right. And he may be marching down that road. Now you might see tomahawks in the Ukraine. Might have to send into Poland too, but you're going to see tomahawks in Ukraine if this thing doesn't come, if Putin doesn't come to heal quickly on this thing. Well, you know, I've always I've always looked forward to our talks, and you know, we've settled a few things here. I'm not sure if the world's a better place, but I know I'm in a better place right now after talking to you, Dan Snell. And until we talk again, you stay well because, as I tell you all the time, we need to hear your voice.
Speaker 2: Well Ken love Cincinnati, love you, and you all stay winsome out there.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, dance now all right, we're coming up on twelve twenty four. It's the average American in for the Great American and it is seven hundred WLW twelve thirty six, and welcome back to seven hundred WLW. It's the average American in for the Great American on this Wednesday. Windy Wednesday, I think falls here. I think the days of those eighty degree temperatures are blowing in the wind. As they say, coming up at one o six, I'm going to have on guests that I have on a lot, it seems like these days. And for good reason. Michael Letts is someone who is one of the biggest and most vocal supporters of what police are doing coast to coast, and in particular what's going on with ice agents and lack of cooperation from police departments. It is absolutely outrageous the attacks that are going on with these ICE agents. It is absolutely outrageous. Now local police departments in major cities like Portland are not at least protecting these people from doing their jobs. We saw yet another example the other day when it appeared that Portland police officers were protecting Antifa. The visual was them protecting Antifa from ICE agents trying to do their work. And a little history lesson. You know, everybody is not everybody, but the left is all up in arms as to what's going on with ICE and apprehensions and deportations. Just take a little look at history and what kind of numbers there were of illegal aliens in this Coindy deported under Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Just take a look at the numbers and take a look at the numbers of the amount of illegal aliens that entered this country under Joe Biden, and then maybe we can have a civil discussion anyway, that's coming up at one o six two oh six. Stay healthy until you die. You know a lot of people the final years of their lives are spent in health hell and they're just being propped up by devices and medication and they're not healthy, Well, how do you achieve a long life and live healthy until you die? It is what medicine is basically working towards and on the cusp of and it's starting to figure out that it's a lot less expensive to do that than to just keep pumping pills and putting people on machines to keep them alive in their final five or six or seven years. All that before we're done today. The big story, of course around Cincinnati is that the police chief is out. She's done. She's trying to keep her job. The city manager wants her out. She's on paid administratively, she's trying to sue to get her job back. And for whatever the the security lapses that have been in this town, and that's a nice way of putting it, They're going to hang on on Teresa Thiji, the Cincinnati police chief. Whether she belonged there in the first place, I don't know. I'm not a policeman, I don't know police work. I know she comes from a long line of police officers. The mayor doesn't have any confidence in her. Of course, the mayor was the guy that disappeared for what six days while the city was being hammered by the largest and most watched news organization on the planet, Fox News. Of course, he disappeared on a family vacation. Now he's trying to wheezel out of it by saying, well, this is the city manager's problem. It's not my manager, it's not my problem. Well, okay, maybe technically, but it's a weasel answer. We've had Ken Kober, the FOP spokesman, on a lot, I mean a lot on this radio station. I had him on last Thursday, and I asked him basically, look, is she just a scapegoat for what are really failings of the underpinnings of this particular city government and its relationship with its police force. And this, I think is the most significant thing that Cober has said on this radio station when asked, is she just a scapegoat? And are there other problems?
Speaker 4: Oh, without a doubt, I mean, this is the problem. And I've told other media outlet's the same thing. Is getting rid of her is not fixing the problem. It's just not You have a mayor that is telling her what to do, and she does it perfect excuse me, perfect example, the chief has asked the mayor for the last year to go meet with CPS, figure out what we're going to do with these kids that are coming down her to these bus stops, and he just refuses to do it. She's gone to them and said, listen, you've got to do something with these judges. Put pressure on these judges to give high bonds. Put pressure on these judges to lock these violent people up and keep them locked up because the police are doing what they're supposed to be doing. And the bottom line is the marriage hasn't done it. So to use her as escapegoat when she's done anything that the mayor has asked her to do, it's not going to fix the problem. We're going to continue in this until we have either a chief that works independently of elected officials, or we have a mayor that's going to fully support protecting the city.
Speaker 1: That's the bottom line. You know, the city government, the mayor and the council, city manager. They put the fund in dysfunctional government. So what they'll all be re elected, those that are up for really, they'll all be re elected. Elections have consequences. Who said that. Anyway, we're on top of the story. You hear it update every every half hour here, But really, and truly, we've had a lot of these voices on a lot and I thought that was the most significant thing that I've heard that Ken Cober has said. I saw this. This is disturbing as much as anything else, and I think it speaks to where we are as a society and where we are with regards to how we take care of the people that are younger. There's a lot of crime, A lot of crime is committed by young men. Whenever there's a shooting, invariably it's a young male that does the shooting. Young Men, especially those with college degrees, are struggling to find work because there has been a major shift in the job market and it's more of a female more of a female drug I would say, more of a female driven job market right now, because that's those where those are there, where the jobs are healthcare, social services, and the way the whole government, of the whole industry has shifted from college degrees to working in jobs that require a skill HVAC, electrical plumbing. But it is a fact, it is not a fantasy that a young man is with a college degree has a more difficult time finding a job than a young woman with a college degree. David Kathy is someone who knows all about that. David Kathy is someone who understands that finding work for younger people, male and female is a problem, but particularly for men. He is with Unity Search. He's with a company that is a career building company, and his job there is basically to help people find jobs and build careers. And when I saw this, and I saw the amount of people that are out of work in this country anyway, and it is a significant number. It's not an overwhelming number, but it's a significant number. I wanted to get him on to talk about this, and he's kind enough to give some time here on seven hundred WLWL David Taffy, how are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 5: Fantastic? Can fantastic?
Speaker 3: Happy to be here?
Speaker 1: Well, you're fantastic, you're employed. A lot of people in this country, aren't. Seven point two million unemployed in the US seven point eight million job openings, But as you and I both know, those job openings are really a little I think deceptive companies can post openings, it does not necessarily mean they're going to fill those openings, right.
Speaker 6: That is correct, and we've seen that quite a bit recently and it's been impacting new grads and people who are trying to begin their career one, two, three years in significantly. And the interesting thing, ken is it's impacting males more than it is impacting females.
Speaker 1: And this would be why why would it be gender balanced that way?
Speaker 5: Yeah, great question.
Speaker 6: So there's a couple of reasons that just talking to some of my clients and looking at some of the statistics that we can come to that conclusion. And so two of those that are probably the most prominent ones is number.
Speaker 5: One, males still dominate.
Speaker 6: Graduating with technology, computer science in business, and the business market has cooled.
Speaker 5: It's cooled for different reasons, a.
Speaker 6: Little bit of economic instability, it's cooled for care for reasons. It's actually cooled, interestingly enough for housing reasons. People don't want to move. There isn't as much movement in the United States because they've got a really low interest rate on their current house. They don't want to pay seven eight percent on a new house, and so they're staying put in their job. The other reason is that females in their category is a lot of them are graduating with degrees that service the healthcare community. And when you think about the healthcare community in the United State. We've got an aging baby boomer generation, and so that's going to require a lot more healthcare. In addition to that, we in the United States spend the most out of any country on healthcare, but yet we are one of the sickest countries and that trend has continued. So while the mix between men and women in the healthcare industry has even out slightly, it is still heavily dominated by females.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm looking at this. It was some research that was done by the Bipartisan Policy Center. A good luck finding bipartisan anything in this country, but apparently Democrats and Republicans are involved in what this research is all about. It says it kind of supports what you just said. One hundred percent of the labor force growth over recent months, and according to this spokesperson, maybe the last couple of years essentially has been coming from the healthcare industry, and that industry is overwhelmingly female. So it would stand to reason that women are a little bit more employable right now than men and men, as you mentioned, go into a lot of jobs that are based in the tech industry, and here we go around one hundred and thirty two thousand tech industry workers have been laid off just this year alone. So I mean there probably is the problem right in a nutshell, right.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right. And I can speak from firsthand experience. I'm married to a lady in the healthcare industry. Both of my daughters are in the healthcare industry, and they get calls all of the time.
Speaker 5: Of course, I own my.
Speaker 6: Own business with my business partners, and we serve clients in business, and we've seen that market cool. So I have firsthand experience in exactly what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we know what the problem is, the problem specifically here male female. I think the overriding problem is is there's great hesitancy for a lot of these companies to expand or even fill what's open. And I think the hesitancy may come from the fact that we're not really sure economically where this country's going right now. The President's got tariffs. We don't know if tariffs are going to work, and if they don't work, then what happens to us here at home. I get the feeling, I know you may feel differently, David. I get the feeling that it was either tariffs or taxes that he had to go down to start addressing some of the things that we're wrong economically with this country over the past five years. He chose tariffs, but I think everybody is kind of holding their powder, keeping it dry until they can figure out exactly whether or not these tariffs are going to work. That's how I see it. How do you see it?
Speaker 5: I would agree with you, Ken, But here's the thing.
Speaker 6: We know that these things take a long time to manifest and work its way through our system. So what do we do in the interim? What's the advice that we give to college graduates coming out of school right now, particularly men?
Speaker 5: And here's what we've seen. We've seen three things. We've seen.
Speaker 6: Number one, and they go back to school and they further their education and whatever discipline it was, and hope that increases their value. Number Two, we've seen a pivot to healthcare. So, yeah, I got a business degree, but I see that this if I had a healthcare job, I'm much more employable. So I'm going to pivot and I'm going to go healthcare or social work or nonprofit or something like that. The third thing is what is not going to be taken over by AI. You still got to have a plumber come out and fix your toilet. You still got to have an electrician come out and put some lines in so you can rev up that new fancy toy you got that you.
Speaker 5: Bought that's battery powered.
Speaker 6: And so the trades, we've seen a lot of people. Yeah, you have a four year degree, and that's great, but those trades are increasing in value significantly.
Speaker 1: Sure, and if you go back to school, all you're doing is running up your debt. Chances are you're probably borrowing money to go there, and your debt is going to be significant when you get out of whatever school you go back to. I saw a statistic the other day that was staggering. Less than forty percent of the people that go to law school actually work in the law profession. Yet they have all of this debt that they've got to retire in somehow, some way, and nobody wants to declare personal bankruptcy. So, yeah, I think you're right. But for the longest time, it was, you know, it was imbued in kids by parents. You got to go to school, you got to get an education, you got to go to college. Well not anymore. You don't if you want to work and get a decent paying job. So I think maybe the American dream here is shifting a little bit, and I think it's a good thing. I think it's a good thing because, as you said, those kinds of jobs are always going to be there. So maybe that's maybe that's the direction all of this is going in, David, And I'm not sure that's a bad thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if you think about it, yeah, the American dream.
Speaker 3: Might be shifting. We see we saw that.
Speaker 6: Start with COVID, and we haven't seen it really slowed down. And now it's not driven by COVID. It's actually driven by AI and our economic conditions.
Speaker 5: And we're kind of coming full circle.
Speaker 6: Because that was what was the American dream long ago. You can open up your own business. It's a capitalistic market, and now we're seeing that come full circle with this trade industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, David, how do people get a hold of you? Because you are a hiring expert and people want to get hired. So how do we get a hold of the Unity search group?
Speaker 6: Yes, you can go to unitysearch dot com and me specifically.
Speaker 5: You can find me most commonly on LinkedIn.
Speaker 1: Where everybody seems to be these days. David, thanks for your time man, good insight to all of this. Stay well. We need to hear your voice.
Speaker 3: Always appreciate it. Ken, have a great day, No.
Speaker 1: Worries, Kathy c at h E Y. I mean, just look the tech industry, which is by and large male dominated. The tech industry already this year has laid off about one hundred and forty five hundred and fifty thousand workers. That's on top of two hundred and forty thousand that were laid off last year. And right now, if you just look at young men ages twenty to thirty with bachelor degrees, unemployment has jumped to six percent, just three and a half percent for young women. So you got to really think is college worth it? And then you also have to think, well if it isn't, where can I make some do? I mean the whole thing about plumbing that he talked about and HBACA and all that, it's exploding with work and workers needed some to think about. If you think all you should do when you graduate from high school is go to college, it's coming up on twelve fifty three, on this Wednesday, this Wednesday, one day closer to Bengals Sunday, one day closer against the Jets. Well, the Jets are awful. Just the kind of game that the Bengals have had trouble with in the past. See that there's Cincinnati thinking right there. We hope for the best, but we brace for the worst. Twelve fifty three News Radios seven hundred WLW. It is one oh eight in the christ State and welcome fact. The average American in for the great American on this Wednesday. The DHS, the Department of Homeland Security, has arrested nearly a half million illegal aliens in the last nine months, almost a half a million. Seventy percent of those. According to DHS Secretary Christinomes, seventy percent of those nearly five hundred thousand, have criminal charges against them or have been convicted of criminal charges. That is en root to be on a record shattering pace. Six hundred thousand criminal aliens will be arrested, according to projections from the DHS in calendar year twenty twenty five. File that under, if you voted for Donald Trump, this is exactly what you voted for. And of course it is sparking great protest from the far left. How much of it is legit. How much of it is sponsored financially by far left groups, we don't know. Apparently the DJ is about to dig in and find out. How much of it represents the real feelings in the country. We don't know, but we can only guess by the way Donald Trump promised what he was going to do during the campaign for the presidency in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, and what he said he would deliver on if elected. Well he was elected. And now here it goes. But all over in a lot of blue cities, the local authorities, the police, state authorities, whatever, are being placed at odds with the ICE agents that are going in and getting rid of people that just came into this country illegally and have been here for a while. For example, there was a Cuban that was in this country illegally by the name of Eric Carlos Artius Romano. He was convicted of homicide, kidnapping, robbery, armed carjacking, and drunk driving, ordered deported by a federal immigration judge in two thousand and eight, but was not picked up by ICE agents until just two months ago. And a lot of what ICE is doing is cleaning up judgments that have been dropped on a lot of these people that have simply not left the country. Standing by the way in on all of this is a man who is doing God's work when it comes to law enforcement and police. We have Michael lets On a lot on my show because simply his job is to protect police office coast to coast. One of his passions is raising money. So every police department, be it local, be it state, and even at the federal level, have bulletproof vests because, believe it or not, there are people out there that want to do harm to police officers. Imagine that concept and imagine why that concept exists. But that's the goal of his company, his organization, invests dot Org. We'll get into how you can help out about that in just a moment, but for now, let's welcome in Michael. Let's how are you on this glorious Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Jan has always approved to be on your show. We thank you for what you're doing for America and we can't do without you. God bless you, Kin, says a Pervid. You should be with you.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that, Michael. Look. President Barack Obama deported two point five million people during his eight years, not including self deportations. Joe Biden just in twenty twenty four, This is a stag stat but in twenty twenty four deported two hundred and seventy one thousand people in his last year, and Bill Clinton in his two terms eight years, twelve point three million illegals were deported a lot of those self deportations. But still those are three Democrat presidents that did what seemed to be their job. On Biden's case, not necessarily so, but still a number that is of significance. And yet now it seems like the far left is up in arms over what the Trump administration and in on the ground the ICE agents are doing. Why is that? I mean, all they have to look at is their own history. Why are they so bent out of shape right now?
Speaker 3: Well they have a reason where being been out of shapecy before when the Clinton's, when Obama and the rest of them their deportations, they knew the borders were open, they knew that they could have them come right back. It still keep those numbers, and still keep in fact it worked out to their advantage because they probably already been counted once in a sensus. They send them back out let them come by gaining you counted twice plus they already had addresses for them. They knew that the mailand ballots were going to come to that portion of people they were deporting. Hopefully they from their standpoint, they could get back. They get two ballots from them. So it was all about maintaining power and control. And that's what it's always been for them. They regulations to make sure they keep that. Well, what has happened. We've got a new administration. The American people saw what was going on, wanted to change, kicked them out, came in with the Trump administration to drain all that, remove all that remove them from power, and boy, they just don't like it, can and they can't stand it. They're searching for every way to get back into power. So what does it mean to search every way? Or, first of all, anything positive that the Trump administration doing, we can't say it's positive that automatically say it's negative. To find a way. So when you take a look at what the President filling with his policies on closing the borders, removing illegal criminal immigrants, a reduction the crime. Because of that, we got to find a way to criticize that, so what are we doing now? Because of the fact that during the by administration and the Obama administration, we began to lose so many officers, whether it was because of defund the police, Black lives matter, whether it's because of the COVID madate. You know we're gonna use it a guinea pig. You don't take it, you got to get fired. So many things happened that we lost basically half of our law enforcement force across the country. That's how far down we are. Though. There's no way we could accomplish keeping you safe hand and the rest of America unless we start doing some matrix gay deporting these criminals. But we don't have the resources. That's why we had to declare a national emergency, which the President did. By the way, that's why we had to declare that. The car tells that the gang members Tread and Agueta, the Heete Tex traffickers, were all domestic terrorists, which then made them qualified them as enemy combatants. The Tenth Amendment has a provision to provisions either if you declare a national emergency or if you have enemy combatants on American soil, the president is authorized. That's funny about it if your regional language. That doesn't even have to go to the judiciary, and he's immediately authorized to go ahead and implement and bring in active troops to take care of the situation as deemed necessary. That is what the president has been doing because we don't have the resources, but have enough cops. We're not trying to be a military state. We're going to simply bring it back into order, bring our law enforcement numbers back up, and the military will pull out. They won't be involved. But because of having to do that, what are they doing now? All so we can discredit the Trump administration on the positive issue of reducing crime. Oh no, he's not a reducing crime. He's a military dictator. He's overthrowing and making himself the dictator and king for the rest of his life. And that's what they're to do.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: It's stupid, can it's no facts to it, but they've got to do something. So the first thing they have to criticize. Second thing they have to do is they have to find some kind of an alot to make it look like there are doing something. And why are they coming up to be handed their kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, they are, Michael, And you know the No King's Day was a joke by there. The Left Zone estimate there were seven million people. That number is in you know, in great question. Well, let's say it's right, seven million people. There are three hundred and forty million people in this country. Seven million decided that they were going to go to New King's Day. By my math, that's two percent of the population, which which doesn't even cover every Democrat that there is out there. So I just, I mean, it's it's crazy. But yet, what what happens in a lot of these cities, particularly I'll take Portland as an example, is you have this mob that comes out, probably funded by a particular group, because they all seem to be chanting the same thing. They all appear to be holding the same signs, and their method of attack seems to be the same thing said confront police officers. The local police out there is not in sync with what Ice and the National Guard is trying to do. So the President sends in the National Guard. Of course, it was challenged in court, but amazingly, the Ninth Circuit, about as liberal as you can get, sided with Trump two to one that said the National Guard can come in there, and let they come in there and we get reports, now this is coming from Hermit Dillon, who is the top civil rights chief in the Department of Justice, that the city police have protected Antifas and their attackers on the federal facility. They've been protecting ANTIFA as it tried to go after the National Guard. To me, that's absolutely outrageous. Now you've pitted What you've done in essence, if you're Portland is you've pitted your local police against what is right and right and yet what you're devolving into there if you do that is complete chaos. So what's going on there? In your opinion? And if you're a local cop in Portland, what must you be thinking right now?
Speaker 3: You've got to be saying how fast you can get out of there? Because there's another elent we've just discovered that has not been made public. Kid, we're going to make a public now and you're show ten and the President is aware of this, that we are content playing a reaction. What steps should we need to be taken. There was a warehouse we thought was suspicious in Portland that we put a bead on bead udic simply track it located. Toure out what's going on? With it discovered that its owner was a member of the Chinese Communist Party. I notice what I said. He's not just a Chinese citizen. He is actually part of what they called the pulp of Buer. He is one who determines war events for China, Okay, for the government of China. Puts a member of the companies trying this party they had in that warehouse. We decided to wait on rating it to see who came. I guess who came? Antify all their members dressed in black pull up. They open them doors.
Speaker 2: What's inside?
Speaker 3: Bulletproof shields, bulletproof, best tactical gear, ordinances, ammunition. They're outfitting these people. We now have a communist country who is attacking the very sovereignty of America on our soil. Is a very serious situation.
Speaker 1: Michael. Who discovered this? Who you said there was.
Speaker 3: A homeland security.
Speaker 1: They discovered this warehouse in Portland? When was this? When did this happen?
Speaker 3: Twenty four hours ago?
Speaker 1: So they discover a warehouse in downtown Portland that when it was what was it rated?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 1: How did they actually get inside?
Speaker 3: We just rated it when they were starting to hand out the ammunition. Open. This is an all going story. Just I know the mainstream media is not going to say a word about it. But what sparked our curiosities. We got a tip, Homeland Security got a tip, We ran it, found out this is in our thing. He's actually owned. But I remember of the Communist Polka Bureau gone with a Chinese party. Let's wonder what they're doing with it one, what they got inside. Let's go in there and get a warrant bustet. Now, why don't we wait and see who are there to hit? The warehouse has always got to be something in that they're giving out. Let's see what they're gonna get. Actually, let's put on a surveillance. Sure enough here because the caravan and ANTIPA members and somebody meets them. That opens it up and we began to see and then we move in and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: And this is in Portland in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 1: It's in a sense it's shocking. In another sense, it's not. There were an inordinate amount of military aged Chinese nationals that came through the southern border of the United States during the Bible administration. One hundred thousand and uh, all you need to know is that China is not a country that allows military age men out of their country without their blessing. So everybody seemed to think, well, what are they doing here? Well, the communist Chinese were buying up farmland. They were buying up land next to or close to military establishments, close to infrastructure, electric water and whatnot. So on one hand, what you're saying is shocking, but on the other hand not so much. I mean, these people came into our country for a reason, and it wasn't because they were you know, great National Football League fans. There was a reason why they came into this country here.
Speaker 3: You're right, jenn And I think what's so shocking is they're not doing it by the self departing. Let me give you another quick info that we just got in the last few hours, last couple hours, out of homeland security. We begin to track the money. We found out we have just run the map two hundred and forty six million dollars that's with yeah, a million, two out of forty million was contributed and spit for King's Day alone, for the last two days, for Sunday, Saturday and Sunday. We've got a list of the people that did it. Uh, you know you're everybody. You suspect Sorrows, anvil Gates, I mean, were Ford Foundation out and I broke my heart. So he used to love for police cars. But I mean, it's just as shocking when you begin to look at how much money millions, ten and twenties and thirty seve millions of dollars were donated by these foundations to undermine and to try to fund these rallies and the fund Antifa to try to overthrow the government.
Speaker 1: Michael Letz is our guest invest dot Orgusts Company, and we're talking about ice and attacks on ice officers and who's behind a lot of this this unrest in this country. Okay, So we know about Portland, we know that Trump has gone into Memphis, and we know he's got it sets on Chicago. There's only a finite number of troops that he has to work with. So where is his next hot spot? And where do you think he goes? And how successful do you I mean this is a three point question and I apologize for it, but how successful do you think he is? Knowing that there are these activist judges all around the country just lying in the weeds waiting for one of these cases to wind up in their court.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what we're at. Quite frankly, he is, let's work our way backwards. Where are we going, Uh, Chicago, You just try to hanging out of Chicago. We're coming and we're going to be there, probably before we can get done with this broadcast. Second of all, we're going to California. Any other state doesn't make answer the red or blue. So we think that there is a criminal element that the local officials are not willing to deal with. It's not that they can't, it's that they won't. We're going to go in all across the country, he said. We should have a limited number. Oh yeah, but we had the active We can bring an active military as well. And you're gonna start seeing that. Why because now we're looking at the Insurrection Act. When you begin to see there's a foreign government involved financing this as well, it now becomes a horse of a different color. And if the president needs to and he's he's looking at it seriously, of declaring and enacting the Insurrection Act, we don't need to go to the judge anymore. Very clear, he said, why do you not need to go to the judge anymore. Let me tell you why the Interaction Actor is done. If there becomes an uprising, okay, and people are in the streets marching and shooting and you know, losing and killing, et cetera, you don't have to say, hey, cause you don't. Wait for a minute, I'm gonna bring an army there to oppose you. But I got to check with a judge first to make sure he's gonna sign off on it. That's why the Insurrection Act is written. The President doesn't not accountable to anyone of that situation at first. He's accountable for one thing. Put an end to it. The president's sakes for reaching to that point. Now that we're going to have to declare on the Insurrection Act across the country, notre th in just one area, and put it into all the schoolishins's going on.
Speaker 1: Michael, your company is invest dot org. I outlined what one of its major purposes is, and that is to provide every single police officer, state, federal, local, but particularly local, with bulletproof vests. Invest dot org is easy to find. You'll take any amount of donation. Correct.
Speaker 3: That is correct, And let me tell you why it's so pertinent. Well, you and I are talking about Ken. Now this is probably about three days old, four days old. We now have the intel from the cartels in southern Mexico. We have now put a bounty on ice border patrol and basically, anyone who wears a badge in the United States ten thousand dollars ahead, you kill one, we'll pay ten thousand dollars. And that has just gone out in the last twenty four hours. Now, what are we going to do about it? You remember, I think I was on your Showken, and we talked about where the Northern cartels in northern Mexico. Yes, had said, you know, if you come across here, we're going to We're going to hurt you. And we let them run their mouth until they killed the tortured night American college students. And you know, you haven't hear anything else out of the Northern cartel war has been clear. I told you we were going to god advertise it, but we've got the best special forces in the world. We're going to eradicate the problem. Well, guess what, Southern Mexico. You just made a threat on American lives and we took notice. So you can expect a little visit. So to the President of Mexico. We took care of northern Mexico. We're going to take care of southern Mexico. Is there anything else who need to take care of while we're down there, because we won't be there long because trust me, when we get there, we move in it out very quickly.
Speaker 1: Invest dot org is the organization. Okay, Michael, good to hear your voice, good information on this show today. You stay well and we'll be in touch.
Speaker 3: Thank you, God, bless you, God bless America. Can't keep telling them the truth. God knows we needs you.
Speaker 1: Oh and it's amazing how many officers in our police departments coast to coast are not outfitted with bulletproof vest. So whatever you can, if you believe in it, you should. Without them, there's absolute chaos to protect police officers coast to coast. It is one twenty seven. It's the average American in for the great American seven hundred wylw. Now I'm looking at some of the people that work here at seven hundred Wylw, and I would put myself at the top of the best, looking very close to the top of the best, looking people that work here. I would at least put Bill Cunningham in the top five. I think Bill would be in the top five. But I think i'm I'm I'm in that upper stratosphere. Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 7: That was before I had my cataract surgery. Does that mean, I mean, here, are you the hunk of the big one? Then don't listen to the bar is pretty low on that one. Oh, that's true.
Speaker 1: You know, every day is good because you're alive, but you know you look in the mirror every day and you see wrinkles and crevices and things that just weren't there like the day before.
Speaker 7: That's for sharing. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: And there are a lot of people that they age gracefully, and you just say, well, how do these people look when they're like seventy, like they're forty again? And you know, obviously there's plastic surgery, but I wonder if it's a lifestyle. Maybe if you drank a lot of beet juice when you're I don't know, am I just something I could have done? Because I just you know, I was you know, I've had a lot about his prune juice. Big well, it is on you know, certain times in my life it's been huge, but it helps. Yeah. Yeah, If you gave news anchors prune juice, they'd all weigh three ounces. So I suppose there might be something to that.
Speaker 7: Ken Brew The Stood Report as a proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Southeastern Indiana called Joe Eckstein at Xstein Heating and Cooling at eight one two two, twenty twenty six spots. Those Bengals are on the practice field today, get ready against those winless New York Jets. The Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals wide receiver Jamar Chase is the AFC Offensive Player of the Week with that Bengals single game record of sixteen receptions, one hundred and sixty one yards and one TV in the Pittsburgh victory last Thursday. Fifth time in his career he's won this award. How about this? The Jets quarterback Tyrod Taylor, who had a chance to start Sunday against the Bengals, now considered day to day with a knee injury.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: Reports are Joe namath Or or Richard Todd come Richard Todd will come back? And uh and quarterback for the Jets on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Maybe they could get well, swing a deal with the Bengals and get Jake Browning for this game. There you go, let's see junior Jets. They stunk, you know that?
Speaker 3: Amen?
Speaker 7: The Jets corner and former UC standout Sauce Gardner, he's in concussion protocol.
Speaker 1: Who knows who what he's going to be doing or what he's thinking about it this week.
Speaker 7: The National Football League is not considering dropping Bad Bunny as its Super Bowl halftime headline. Performer commissioner Roger Goodell said today.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, seg You know, I I don't really have a problem with that because I don't watch halftime acts. I never have, you know. But nevertheless, the only problem I had he doesn't sing any of his songs in English, right, I don't say.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I've never heard in one of his songs. I think I think all of his songs.
Speaker 1: So I would literally have to take a course just to understand what he's singing. And I realized that's a problem for people all over the world if they don't speak English, and these American acts are out there, but it would for me. It's just involving too much work if I have to go somewhere to understand what somebody is singing about. I just that's why, you know, halftimes at Super Bowls, you know I, you know, I take care of whatever eliminations I need for my body and just put in more stuff than I'm going to have to eliminate later.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. I know what you're saying. The Pro Bowl Games, Ken Brew, I know you're a big fan of that.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 7: The Pro Bowl Games are also going to move to Super Bowl Week, so it would be Tuesday, February third.
Speaker 1: Oh for the Pro Bowl Games. Will that involve any kind Will that be up against Dancing with the Stars or I think yeah, I think yeah, I think so. Who wants to clean my gutters? Willie Anderson on TV. Willye Anderson and Louke Keikley are among fifty two modern era players that advanced in the voting process the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty six, Hinkley's in Yeah, I don't know. I don't know about Willie. I'm not just bad money.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no's I mean but he says, I mean it's not. I mean, you know, you can get into it. I like the you know, the the rhythm and everything, but I just don't know what the hell is saying. You know, if he's got his thing, i'd have.
Speaker 1: To I would have to go to I'd have to know what his act is, what the songs are right, right right, and then I would have to see what the lyrics are, and then I would have to learn. And it's just for like ten minutes. It's just too much work for me. I just I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I'm just college basketball, ken Brew. You can get the latest on those Bearcats tonight the basketball team on The West Miller Show Live from the original Montgomery and An eight oh five right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: With Dan Horde, Yes and Terry Nelson.
Speaker 7: Let's see Baseball World Series tickets will cost you for Game one Friday night in Toronto eight hundred and seventy five dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I'm watching it on TV.
Speaker 7: Nine and sixty three per tick first seat in Game two. No, by the way, I was about basketball. You know the show tonight with West Miller. Did you see this story in the Inquiry today that Rick Patino says that that Xavier is not going to be any good this year. Rick Patino said that his son Richard, his basketball team is not going to be any good this year.
Speaker 1: See what happens the pick day? You know, I mean, come on, I would be the old man. Yeah, come on, Dad, what what the hell are you doing here? I was thinking, you know, thanks a lot. Yeah, I mean you know what, you know, I had your back all these years and now you're telling me this. Come on.
Speaker 7: Also, this year's National League slug Silver Slugger Award finalists were revealed is Key Briant Hayes and not a single player from the Reds are on the roster. Wow, not even La Da La Cruz.
Speaker 1: Oh, they didn't hit the ball very well.
Speaker 7: This San Francisco Giants already to announce their next manager Universe of Tennessee baseball coach Tony Vaitello. That's a first, which is a first and being a big league manager being taken from a college program without any experience as a professional coach, but the Giants are apparently going to the pull the do the deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know how that's going to translate, sake and the translate like like some of those bad Bunny songs. I just don't I just don't know that kid.
Speaker 7: Also ken Brew in high school sports, Congrats to Dayton Carroll boys soccer coach Scott molefenterd.
Speaker 1: He broke the.
Speaker 7: OHSAA record for most wins all time in the state of Ohio. He got career win number five and seventy seven last night.
Speaker 1: Wow. Congratulations. And he didn't have Evander on his team.
Speaker 7: I know he didn't or Pele or Messi or or Diego or Kaka or anybody Omar.
Speaker 1: Cummings or any of those.
Speaker 7: Now you didn't have any of those, Now, seg I got to get out of the stewag'e report. I'm going to tell you how to not not to just live long, but how to live healthy. Yeah, people want to live long. If you look, you know, you said to yourself many times, I'd love to live to one hundred and ten. Right, Yeah, Well, a lot of people that live long. The last few years are just an absolute hell. It's it's pills, and it's machines, and it's everything keeping them alive. Well, how can you eliminate that? So the day you die, you die healthy.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a sentence here on seven hundred w wel w and then like that you're gone, but you live healthy right to the end. Who would want that?
Speaker 7: Ken Brew and honor of a beautiful day here in the tri State. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewed report. Because I suck up the Republicans, I get the goodies.
Speaker 1: Good boy. He probably said that on the fifteenth Green today as he was stealing wait a minute from their social Security.
Speaker 7: And then in line and a bunch of Morrison's cafeteria.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, because today is soft food Wednesday at Morrison's in Naples.
Speaker 7: I mean him, is any here in line right now?
Speaker 1: Because they can pop their dentures like the night before and just kind of moosh the food together.
Speaker 7: Oh it's unbelievab Yeah, and everything everything, everything. They just throw everything in the mashed potato corn and just yeah, just just purate it. Say guy, gotta go, yes, or me too, I'll see in an hour. I want to talk to Ben Roethlisberger thinks the Bengals cheated last week when they played.
Speaker 1: The bad I'm gonna talk about I'm going to talk about that. I need your thoughts right on seven hundred wyl W all right, two nine News Radio seven hundred wyl W the average American into the Great American on this Wednesday. We all want to live longer, right, that's the goal in life. I want to live as long as I can, and I want to get as much out of life as possible. But of course, does longer always mean healthier? And as anybody want to just kind of hang around, be a potted plant in the corner of the room, and in other instances maybe even being a burden on their family, where do we Where do we? Where do we draw the line between living longer and living healthier? And then what does the gap look like in between living longer and living healthier. A lot of people are trying to shorten that gap so that you don't die, just as somebody that's barely existed for five years, but you do want to go. I think that you have. You have taken everything possible out of life and given back as much to those you love in life. Well, there's a couple of new studies out about this, and a lot of research going on about what keeps the brain sharp. Super Agers are what they're called superagers eighty years old or older with cognitive function that's on par with say, somebody who's forty or fifty. How do you do that? How do you keep the brain sharp? Standing by a somebody that understands a lot of this because his brain has never faltered. He's somebody who, to my knowledge at least he was the last time I saw him, cognitively sharp and really engaged, and someone who has written maybe the definitive work on healthcare in the United States and how we can solve its ongoing problems. He's our good buddy, Todd Furnace. How are you on this glorious Wednesday.
Speaker 9: Ken, How the heck are you now?
Speaker 10: I got to tell you that the short answer this question is you go to the Cincinnati Open.
Speaker 1: Todd, of course, is heavily involved in tennis. In fact, he has one of the major major licensing ordeals that's with the Cincinnati Open for your your company LS, the Great Peril Company LS. Yes, exactly saw that all over Mason at the tournament this year. But you're a guy that you're not young, you're not old, You're sharp. I want to think I'm still sharp. I want to think if I'm lucky enough to make it into my eighties, I'll statementtally sharp. But it doesn't just happen, and it does not necessarily have everything to do with what you've got going on from a family history, does it.
Speaker 10: It is not, And I want to I want to frame the conversation with a shout out to an epidemiologist named Chris Linley out at Veil Health, who's a buddy of mine and who's coined the term health span. So he wants to change the dialogue or change the conversation from life span, which is how long your body remains animated, to health span, which is how long you have a high quality of life, which then also necessarily incorporates things like cognitive capability, to which.
Speaker 3: You earlier heard.
Speaker 10: And there are a couple of things here that are really really interesting. The studies are now showing that people, particularly those people who are very social later in life and throughout their life, have done very well on these cognitive.
Speaker 9: Tests, you know, and the in their eighties.
Speaker 10: And the part of that is addressed by the release of oxytocin, which is a neuropeptide. And then, of course don't mean which makes you kind of happy, but if you And then the other aspect of this is, which is that socialization necessarily includes a bunch of sensory auditory sensory inputs and what I would call multidimensional thinking perceptions, if you will.
Speaker 9: So if I said to you, Hey, Ken.
Speaker 10: How are you and we're talking only on the telephone as we are now, that would be a different experience than when I say, Hi, Ken, how are you and your wife doing? And I see you in the sweet the Cincinnati open. I've got context, I've got visual cues, I've got auditory cues. And so the brain is working on every in a bunch of different ways as a result of that.
Speaker 9: So the socialization is helpful as.
Speaker 10: Well as it feeding into neuropeptides a chemical response, and couple the coupling that further with the multidimensional aspect of the engagement itself.
Speaker 1: So you're talking, it's interpersonal communication, is what you're talking about. The ability to communicate develop relationships that will carry you on through a majority of your life. But where you are as you just mentioned you are sitting there talking to someone, which I think raises a whole different conversation about the current generation and texting and doing things that way as opposed to meeting in person. We'll leave that for another time, but that's one of the ways that you can avoid becoming an old old man. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 10: I think, well, yes, And what they're saying in some of these studies is that isolation is can be as bad for you as smoking, which is a big that's a big, tall order, right, and it is actually not a step too far to say, hey, we need to address this issue in terms of how young people are growing up. And what we're seeing is a whole lot of challenges for young people as it pertains to interpersonal interactions, ranging from dating to you know, to longer relationships to the sense of isolation. There are a number of factors weighing in here that we need to be mindful of.
Speaker 9: And I can tell you right now.
Speaker 10: You know, my wife is babysitting our grandchildren, and she's observing as a result of our our children limiting their screen time to good things occurring as a result of that. And I think that the tendency is to go the other way because it's you know, it's very convenient and easy to simply give your child or grandchild a screen have them play quietly for a long time. But the problem is that has a bunch of deliterious effects on the individual child's cognitive capabilities, and we got to be mindful of that.
Speaker 1: No, one hundred percent on that. I think limiting screen time and the availability to get to tablets or the laptop or whatever is not only great parenting, it just makes sense on a number of different health levels. In addition to your fine book the sixty percent Solution, I've read another book called Outlive, The Science of Art and Longevity by doctor Peter Attaya, and it's fascinating. The four things that this is his theory. There are four things that are going to get you and kill you in life. One is heart disease, the other is cancer, the third one is diabetes, and the fourth is Alzheimer's. And if you understand that going into your life, it will make you live your life. He would hope, I would hope better so that those four horsemen come to you later in life. Then he talks about medicine one point, oh medicine two point oh, which is more than just giving somebody pills and saying go take a test. Medicine three point oh attacks the problem before it becomes a problem, so that you can live not just longer, but you can live a normal, healthier life longer. And I think that's what we're talking about here, your work with your doctor in Colorado and whatnot. It just is it's attacking one of those horsemen. And you do it by just simple ways again, being social, being attached to groups, volunteering, whatever it may be, just when you have I always tell people, I don't know if this is this makes sense to you, but I hear people say, well, I'm going to retire, I'm done, I'm done next year, I'm going to go. And my my question is, well, what's your plan? What are you going to do? And invariably it kind of strikes people they said, well, I going to play a lot of golf. Well, no, you're not. You're not that good. You have to have a plan for what you do later on in life. And you better formulate that plan when you're in your forties and fifties, not just financially but from a lifestyle standpoint.
Speaker 10: Absolutely my my wife married me for better or for worse, but not for lunch.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 10: So I think you're spot on, and you know, you recall ken in the past, we've talked about this.
Speaker 3: You can distill my.
Speaker 10: Book down into, you know, largely a couple of points, which are you know, basically that living a good, healthy life boils down and having good healthcare boils inn to a few things that likely your mother told you, which there is you know, eat right, sleep right, and go out and play. The only thing I would amend as result of this conversation is play with others, right, don't just play. You know, you can't throw the football with yourself. You can't play baseball by yourself. But you know, the idea is you have to take care of those two things. If you do that, then you're likely to take care of at least three of the four horsemen.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, the good news is there was a study done by United Healthcare that says that the premature death rate, which kind of came down, went up quite a bit. I'm sorry, the number of years lost before the age of seventy five. It decreased in the last couple of years. So hopefully we're coming back to pre pandemic rates on that. But you mentioned sleep. Sleep is so important. Sleep is a killer if you don't get enough of it, and I think that's a major factor as well. Why aren't we more attentive to sleep? Why do we think that there's something so important at one am in the morning that it can't wait until eight am in the morning? Are we Why are we wired like that as people?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm afraid that that question is designed for our good lord and not me, So I catch above.
Speaker 9: Well, you're very generally above my pay grade. But I think that we haven't medically this.
Speaker 1: Ain't they haven't hit line Todd. Yeah, well, it's it's a it was a serious question. I I don't know. I mean, it's a pondering more than a question. I suppose we'll go ahead.
Speaker 10: No, I think it's it's it's exactly the right question. And unfortunately, are our good friends in the medical community haven't figured it out because they don't study sleep very much.
Speaker 3: You know, the things that I.
Speaker 10: Mentioned earlier are actually the three things almost least studied in medical school.
Speaker 9: But there are emerging disciplines around sleep, uh that are important.
Speaker 10: But what most people don't realize and this is very much on your point, which is that you actually will will die faster from lack of sleep than you will from lack of food or water.
Speaker 1: Wow. Uh, and that that is that is a fact, not fixed, right.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Todd furnas our guest, he of the author of the sixty percent Solution rethinking healthcare. This is anecdotal. It's certainly it's certainly not based in any fact, but it's from observation, and it goes back to what we initially talked about about staying active, but staying active on an interpersonal basis that will increase your life and make it a healthier life. I think when someone is married for a very long time and their spouse dies, I think it's easier, and I think statistics would bear that women live longer than men do when that happens, simply because women are more social than men. They have a lot of friends. Men traditionally don't have a lot of friends. You're not going to go out and have a beer with a guy or a couple of guys and bemoan the fact that your wife passed away. I think it's easier for women because they live a more social lifestyle than a man does. Now, tell me I'm crazy when I said that place.
Speaker 10: Now, I don't think that I could argue with the logic. I think it sertainly makes sense to me. And I think that men are are very much more tended I tended to being isolated than that women are for that very reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this is good stuff, and if you're not familiar with it, it's up there. Why the brains of super agers tell us about what they tell us about staying sharp and healthy for a longer life. I think we're making progress, Todd, I do. I really do think that. Unfortunately, maybe because of a medicine more than anything else than lifestyle. We're making progress of people living longer. But it's making that curve of living healthy closer to when you die, as opposed to being this large gap of when you're merely surviving through medication and otherwise. I'd like to hope that I think we are. Do you think we are?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 9: And here's another example of that.
Speaker 10: When we started social security, the security benefits kicking at sixty five, the life expectancy was sixty three.
Speaker 1: Well that's why I sted at sixty five.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so we found a lot of people and then the life expectancy made got all the way to sixty seven, and we've found a lot of people actually started passing away about two years after they retired. So I'm circling back to your original point, which is, hey, if you think you're retiring, you better have a plan for how you're going to spend your time. And it ought to be social and all you ought to include, you know, a bunch of other good, healthy habits in order to be successful in living a good life and having a longer health span than life span.
Speaker 1: Well, one of my habits is having you on this show as much as possible. Todd Furnace again his book The sixty Percent Solution rethinking healthcare. All right, my friends, stay well, and you will we will talk down the road.
Speaker 9: Thanks, great visit with you, Ken, Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Bet you bet. Yeah, it is one of these four things are going to get you. I mean it, it is. It is almost a statistical one hundred percent fact that one of these four things you're going to get you. But some people say, well, old age, he died a boat. Well yeah, maybe not your heart cancer, diabetes or Alzheimer's. If you can stay active and interpersonal. It'll probably take care of the fourth one, not not completely and certainly not genetically, but it'd probably take care of the fourth one. The other three it's all lifestyle. And by the way, the other thing the other book I talked about again was and this was one of my doctors told me about this book. And it's a terrific raay little medical ease, but other if you can get through it, it's okay. Outlive the Science of Art and Longevity.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it's doctor Peter Attire, Attia, doctor Peter Attire in the rumored I want to be around a long time just to torment people to twenty three news Radio seven hundred wylwt age and in.
Speaker 7: My Beckoning Sphere of Delight, Hello buyet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 10: God.
Speaker 1: What happened to your beckoning Sphere of delight? Sig? Where did you?
Speaker 7: I think that guy was supposed to be in the Hall of Fame with a cool ghoul and Bob Shreve and Skipper Ryle and Tony Pike and Larry Smith and his puppets. Yes, of course, who could forget the puppets, that's true. Paddy the Witch, Patty the Witch did you mention Bob Shreve? Yes, I did you know? I passed passed prime playhouse. I've always felt guilty about this. The day that Bob Shreve died, Uh, he was like on page a ten of the Inquirer, and I was front page because I had just left Channel five to go to Channel twelve. And I'm thinking to myself, you know, that's not fair to Bob. Bob should have been front page, not me, all those years ago.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things. One of the things I live with, Seg is guilt. That's one of the guilt. Part of the guilt. Gotta get over it. I don't know. I mean, I've been through therapy. It doesn't work.
Speaker 7: Ken Bruce Is The Stooge Report is a proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Milford, the home of one Main.
Speaker 1: Gallery and Little Miami Brewing.
Speaker 7: Right down the street is Baker Heating at five three eight, three, one fifty one twenty four spots.
Speaker 1: When was the last time that you were in Milford, seg, When was the last time you paid milk? How's a long time ago? I mean, you just get in your car and just drive home. You should go through Milford sometimes it's the lovely community.
Speaker 7: And I know it is if you come like sixty five miles out out of my territory.
Speaker 1: Well, but you could always stop in for a refreshment at Little Miami Brewing. Get that you got a beer named after you? Right? Well, actually not anymore.
Speaker 7: The keg Blew they ran out, ran out, They're gonna have no popular it ran out.
Speaker 1: They're going to have another one named after me here shortly. I'm not sure what's going to be. We know one thing, it will not be thc and anything like that. Bengals up.
Speaker 7: They brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals right now on the practice spot, getting ready for the Jets. Speaking of the jets they have, Well, the Jets aren't saying if it's going to be Tyrod Taylor or mister Justin Fields on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Let's hope it's both.
Speaker 7: May you know what I was looking. I looked up the names. I can't believe we forgot. You know, we mentioned Joe Namath, Richard Todd about Ken O'Brien in the eighties. Yeah, and Boomer Aliason, Well.
Speaker 1: He's going to be here. Boomer's going to be here because it's it's Laps getting inducted into the Hall of Fame with the Lesa Lamar Parrish. There you go, and they you know, they wouldn't give Boomer a hotel room, so he bought. He bought hotel rooms. So he's going to be here. There you go. I think that could be what said play here say is I think this whole thing is geared towards Boomer suiting up for the Gests on Sunday. Meanwhile, to see this, Ben Roethlisberger's on some sort of podcast that and he said that, well, he said the Bengals white uniforms and white paint on the field or the blame for all those interceptions by Aaron Rodgers. The Roethlisberger's quote. I know it sounds crazy. With Aaron, he's incredibly good, he sees everything. But the Bengals were all white. They painted the middle of the field white. And I think there's a chance that the safety was camouflaged in the middle and Aaron didn't see him. So because the Bengals were out in white. They painted the field white. Roethlisberger thinks that's one of the reasons why Aaron Rodgers threw two interceptions in this game.
Speaker 7: No disrespect for the former Miami Redskin great, but he might have had too many icy lights that night.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, this is what the man is saying and podcast.
Speaker 7: Willie Anderson and Louke Keighley are among fifty two modern era players advancing in the voting process. Now with the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class twenty twenty six, They're not gonna They're not. Roger Gandel said they are not going to replace Bad Bunny in this year's not Hall of Fame, the Super Bowl halftime, the Pro Bowl games. Everybody's invited. Moving to Super Bowl Week Tuesday, February third.
Speaker 1: Name one song by Bad Bunny. I have no idea, asked Joe Biden. Because he knows the Easter Bunny. So maybe the Easter Bunny knows Bad Bunny and they can communicate with each other.
Speaker 7: I think one of them is for a famous Formula one race in Monaco. Oh yeah, yes, I didn't know that. I guess I think he has max Erstappen Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso backup singers.
Speaker 1: Wow, no, here we go. Here's a little bad bunny. Now again. I don't like to work. I don't need to go get like, uh Spanish to English dictionary, so I can watch a halftime show and I know that they don't half caption. Sorry. See, I like that. I like the velody. I like the music. This is good.
Speaker 6: I like this.
Speaker 1: I just you know, I don't. I don't. I'm not fluent in Spanish.
Speaker 7: I would have to here we go, but we got the sheriff mix. This has got.
Speaker 1: I know. But any time you got to work for entertainment, it's funny. No, see, I hear that. See I like that. I like this. This got a little this got a little tropical feel to it. I like this.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Everybody's worked up over. I like it, But I just I don't understand what the man is saying. Now, I told you the last hour, I said, these guys that sing in English. You know, you go to other places in the world, South America, you go to like to Germany and France. Those people are probably saying, what the hell are they saying? You know, so it's don't see me, seg, I got something bet to listen to here? Do you know this song.
Speaker 7: I love as a Beach Boys?
Speaker 1: Very good? It's Mike Love. Yeah.
Speaker 7: But these guys, I can say, I can dance to ye, Ryan Wilson, Yeah, seg.
Speaker 1: Fifty nine years ago to day this song was number one in the USA. How about that The Beach Boys and good Vibrations. It's it's called hitting the floats. By the way, I wonder.
Speaker 7: If wonder if Fad Bunny's gonna do this one at halftime in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, if he did, he could sing it in his native language and I know what he was saying because I know that the words that are here, that's true.
Speaker 7: How about this ken Brew? In high school sports? Yeah, the OHSAA is going to conduct an emergency reference to vote regarding nil within the next forty five days. Wow, eight hundred and fifty member high school principals will vote this fall. That's in accordance to that tro issued Monday and by a Franklin County judge allowing nil for high school athletes in the Buckeye State.
Speaker 1: So you know, let me just say this right here, and I say this right here, and there right ahead. I'm just going to say this right here now that if there was nil money available in his time, Yeah, I think Rocky Boyman would be a multi millionaire, right, you're not kidding? Instead of what he is. He's in Delaware tonight, for God's sakes, doing a football game with the Blue Hens with I don't know whose hens he has. He may have a bunch of chickens. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Dunzager play them every year, the Delaware Blue Hens.
Speaker 1: If they had nil money, but he was in a high school at St X, he would be a multi millionaire and he'd probably be living somewhere. What about water? What about Tony Pike?
Speaker 7: Tony would have made good you see Hall of Famer Friday, that's right, that's right. What kind of money would he be making? Ready the home of the Blue Devils if.
Speaker 1: There was nil money available when Ken Griffy Junior played baseball and Barry Larkin, imagine the kind of money that would have been involved in. Well, now, one of these So you gotta have eight hundred and fifties principals. Yeah, they're gonna be a zoom. Yeah, I guess that a swinging affair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was gonna say, I guess they're gonna rent some hall someplace, and I guess principals are going to vote on this, and you know it's it was I think it was from it was. The suit was brought by a player at Dayton Wayne High School.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and fifty principals in a room talking about slide rulers. Oh boy, can I get a ticket to that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sure you can. Yeah. Yeah, they're lined up to hear what those cats are going to say. Say. Let me ask you this go ahead. I don't I You know again, I think about these things. I have a lot of time on my hands. You know I told you about this, Yes, sir, think about a lot of these things. So what would happen if indeed the Jets went like they just had, like like people volunteer from the stands to play quarterback this week? Do you think there would be anybody that would come down from the stands and play quarterback for them this week?
Speaker 7: The idea wouldn't be anybody in a Bengal out there, But you know.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be gonna be Jets fans the area with a fire helmet and all that goes on. You know, do you do you think that if they did that, do you think fans would It's kind of like what was going on here before we before the town knew the beauty of Joe flackhaw right. Do you think anybody that pays money to go to those games? Oh? Yeah, the Bengals were to have gone to them and said, look, we know what we got in Jake Browning, it's not working. Would anybody like to volunteer to quarterback this team? Do you think there'd be the fan would volunteer. There'd be hundreds of them jumping out of the stands. Do you think so? Exactly?
Speaker 7: I don't think there'd be anybody for the NFL. For the glory of the National Football League. Yeah, we'll play in a game and just just a hand off.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah? No, absolutely. Why don't you come down here and get your brains beaten in by Aiden Hutchinson because he's got nothing else better to do right now except you know.
Speaker 7: You just hand it mess up the Bengal Rock. Just hand it off to Chase Brown and get out of the way. Nobody would, I think they would. Nobody would. Bengal gym would.
Speaker 1: Would you.
Speaker 7: What else we got here also ken Brew. It's about that time.
Speaker 1: What was it going home?
Speaker 7: No, well almost, but Christmas is right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I said that the other day.
Speaker 7: And the Wish Tree Program is celebrating forty one years. And if you want to, if you're a business and you want to help out the needy children and adults in our area, get yourself a tree. The wish line is five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five or email the Wish Tree Program the wish Tree Program at gmail dot com give from more info.
Speaker 1: We should probably explain what that is, right, what is the wish Tree Program.
Speaker 7: It's it's a program for the holiday season, forty first year, as I said, and this is a dedicated space in your business or office to display the wish Tree and they would drop off the tr your They would drop off tags this month and you you pick up the the tag and go buy a gift and bingo. Yeah, okay, so that's so that's not the people around the area.
Speaker 1: Now here's another problem that I've I've discovered here in the last half hour forty five minutes. Okay, Redsfest is in January this year.
Speaker 7: It's just run January it's the first event at the new convention center.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. This Sega Clause shows up or has shown up at every Reds Fest when it was in December. So are we being led to believe that Sega Clause will not be at Reds Fest in January?
Speaker 7: Sega Claus has not been at Reds Fest ken Brew for the last three or four years.
Speaker 1: You've got to be kiddingmed. They got somebody else. I swear to god, I thought you were there.
Speaker 7: Nope, used to be, but you used to have a big display with the station and everything else got banned not anymore. What happened, I don't know. I guess I went. I think I went free agency and demanded money. I went nil money for Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: This year I've had.
Speaker 7: I've had no same image and likeness for Santa Claus. I'm getting I'm gonna get rich. I saw somebody running around. It looked like the Sega clause, and you need a Santa I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't. I didn't know. But anybody need a sand at their business or something, you'll do it. Why not? Okay, seg This has been informative, if not chaotic, and I appreciate your time here as always. I'll be in tomorrow.
Speaker 7: So it was like it's like a regular day around here, ken Brew.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Let's think about this. Has volunteers coming out of the stands to quarterback the Jets. I think people would line up. Yeah, it might be the Jets. Management may line up. Put him in Green, put green Sey. Get us out of the Stewge report before we liabel anyone.
Speaker 7: Else, ken Brew, and honor of a beautiful day here in the Tri State, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 5: At some point, the foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 7: That's right, Governor. Well, I think it's right now. I think it's going to stop. Friday when you know who comes back?
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, yeah, see running out of money or people to fleets. What What's what's going on?
Speaker 7: Why is he coming back up works? To me, there's a long line outside of the cafeteria.
Speaker 1: Who comes back to work on a Friday?
Speaker 7: Only him? He goes, he went, he went from Thursday to Thursday. I don't get it. Get super airfares. That's probably the reason why.
Speaker 1: All right, seg I'll talk to you tomorrow. All right, There he is gil Seig Dennison. Here I am seven hundred W d ylw