Speaker 1: It is Wednesday, March eighteenth, twenty twenty six. Watch to get to today from the half Roman court case to more spring break takeovers lead to shocking arrests and people freak out as a massive meteor crashes down. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more, Hey there Sabrina. Hello, Hello, see Lang, what's happening? He Hello to you. You can join us on this show today. All you have to do is send it's a dispatch. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com. Hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the news Junkie. Your message is rowing a right of the studio at a real time. How's everybody doing on oh Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: Good? Hey you good? Hanging in there?
Speaker 3: Didn't shave before the show today?
Speaker 1: I noticed? Yeah, I was like, wow, this guy.
Speaker 4: Two days in a row.
Speaker 1: We do not change much of Oh my gosh, we're doing it again. Yeah, we are supermarkets sweeping it again. We all have matching shirts on today accidentally on the show.
Speaker 4: But we do have that concert we're going to be stage hands for later on so.
Speaker 1: Yeah why not? Yeah? Yeah, so no, I didn't get to shave, been too busy to shave, which is not great. But we got a lot to talk about, and I got to tell you I can't wait to get into I'll do a full rundown on the afro Man case. If you haven't been watching this, it's the greatest thing since slice bread and everything after it is that this is the most fun I've seen in the court case in a very very long time. And I know you need a distraction, so I'm here to provide that for you. Okay, in fact, let's start out there. Let's just start out there. I'll give you a little Pika Rooney and then we'll go to some other stuff and then we'll give you the full Afroman rundown in about an hour here on the show. But let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulselice. What's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours. Into the courtroom we go, Here we go. This is the Afroman case. Now, let me give you a very very brief intro to this. Afroman is the singer who did the song, because I got high heard of it, and everybody knows this song and it's controversial figuring character out there, and he also was rated by the cops, and he took the security video of the cops rating his house, and Afroman made a music video of that, and he made.
Speaker 3: Fun of the cops.
Speaker 1: He called one of them like pound cake and a whole bunch of other stuff, or he had jokes galore for these guys. The cops got butt hurt over Afroman making fun of them, so the cops sued afro Man. And now Afroman is in the courtroom with an American flag suit and an American flag glasses.
Speaker 4: On, and it's impressive.
Speaker 1: It's something. Let's listen, and here's what happened.
Speaker 5: Can you tell me what fact about you that receding hairline or the first two?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is one of the police officers on the stand, and the attorney goes, can you tell me what fact about you receding hairline? Or I think the other thing that he ends up saying is dip s the S word, you know, he said, He goes, what facts about you? Does this reveal? Those two were about you?
Speaker 6: That receding hairline or the first two?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, what private fact of yours does that refer to?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a picture of me and sit here talking about.
Speaker 4: Ellen.
Speaker 2: See, I wouldn't trust him with myth amphetamine crack app loan in my house.
Speaker 1: So he's gotta go over all of the stuff that the song says about him. And so he's like, I think it is I think it's offensive that Afroman told me he wouldn't trust me with methemphetamine in the song that he wrote about me. And uh, you thought all of the insults has got to go over one by one by one.
Speaker 6: Balloon in my house.
Speaker 2: So up on that pretty insulting.
Speaker 6: So that's the that statement.
Speaker 2: I told you this is one of many.
Speaker 6: Well, and that's why we're talking.
Speaker 2: You keep trying to make it singular. I'm telling you it's it's not singular.
Speaker 1: It's work. This is not the act said I thought this guy would have this cop Yeah, well, uh do you know what the joke from the attorney here, which is so brazen, is, Hey, if Afroman said that you have a receding hairline, Sir, you're up in front of the court right now and you're completely bald.
Speaker 7: What is the private thing that Afroman has revealed about you by saying your hairline is receding, Oh, there's please elaborate, sir, comfort bald guy.
Speaker 1: There's one where the guy goes, what has Afroman said about you that you're that you're gonna sue him for? And he goes, he said his wife, He said, my wife is cheating on me. And the attorney goes, well, is your wife cheating on you? And he goes, I don't know, And the guy goes the attorney goes, you don't know if your wife is cheating on you, and it just brings this whole thing full circle. The cold Court case is so fantastic. It's such a side show. A little more here one.
Speaker 8: Is receiving hairline yep, and the other is meth heads. Yes, is there any more?
Speaker 2: Well, when he's said there making accusations against the organization that I at that time was working for destroying community trust, all based off of a lie, that's what ultimately stopped, and.
Speaker 6: That's community trust and the Adams kind of Sheriff's department.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, all right, this is one of the officers. This is just the beginning. I'll get into all of the good clips for this a little bit later on in the show. Because it is a fun ride to go on, and that's not anywhere near the cream of the crop of what we're dealing with here. I'll also give you more of a rundown on with what exactly is happening with.
Speaker 3: The case, so it makes more sense to you moving forward.
Speaker 1: But let's go to the skies, everybody, because there was a meteor crashing through the skies and a lot of people freaked out in Ohio, in Pittsburgh, in a couple other spots. These folks said, WHOA, what's happening right now? What is this? A bird of playing all of those good things up in the air. And I'll give you here's one gentleman's response to this. He's driving along at his semi truck in Ohio and he sees the media coming bout. He's driving along dash camp foot and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right in the middle of the day.
Speaker 1: But look, it's so obvious when it comes across right there media through the sky. The guy said, WHOA, what the heff was that? As he's behind the wheel of his semi but broad daylight, folks, I mean, I know you're you're driving along, you're listening to the show, you're working whatever. I'll put this up on see it now, so you can look at it when you get a chance here. But it is like the day sky still lights up with this meteor ripping through and really making a show. It was something to see a lot of people freaked out. You did indeed, Well, did I get that on my heaf and dash cam? Yes, sir, you did, You actually did. And I guess there was a couple of people who were very upset about this afterwards, like here's one of the stories. Why was there no warning about that meteor that flew across north northeast Ohio.
Speaker 4: You got to tell people about it?
Speaker 1: Come on, do we get warnings? Do we get meteor warnings? I think that we know when media.
Speaker 7: I mean, how often have we had a story on this show in how many years we've been on the air that they're like, a meteor is coming with very close to Earth. It's going to be you know, six hundred million miles, very very close to Earth. It's gonna be cool that close to it, and you know, so there are ways of tracking these things. I think my other concern would be not for nothing. There is a little bit of a skirmige going on. There's a little bit of a tussle in the Middle East. Somebody could see this and go they.
Speaker 1: Are, yeah, oh, is it a missile coming in right now?
Speaker 3: What are the folks over?
Speaker 1: On TNJ chat two point zero says it was traveling at forty k miles per hour and they said that was slow for a media. It's just so crazy. And these people look to this guy Sea Lions, right. They didn't think it was an Iranian drone attack or anything, but they did get mad. And here's one of the stories from News five Cleveland. There was sonic booms and everything, but people said, we didn't get a warning about this. Many News five viewers have been calling the station and posting on social media saying why was there no warning about the Metior Doctor Ralph Harvey, a professor who was specializing in planetary soundians at the planetarium at Case Western Reserve University, says this happens a couple of times a day on average, but it's rare for what to travel over such a populated area. It was at a very high altitude when it hit the atmosphere. This is obviously an object somewhere between the size of an engine block and a car. That's how big this thing was. A lot of people had parking lot cameras and doorbell cameras to catch this, this particular media that flew through the sky, and they said, at this moment in time, the people in that area are very lucky people. I hope everybody that goes out on a dog walker strolling through the fields of the parking lot, I hope they're all keeping their eyes open for a rock that looks out of place. What am I looking for? How do I know it's a media and not a regular rock because meteors are worth money.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a rock that looks out of place, yes, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe hold on it may seem I don't know if they found it. I don't think they've found it, so I was hoping that the news story would show it, just like of course, you just get this guy from a Ohio or whatever. It was a big old boom, just like that. It was just like a boom like that. There you go, big boom. Shook communities. They're getting on Facebook as far west of the Anniversity beach Wood and send me something from strong as.
Speaker 4: It's all over the place.
Speaker 9: Sparking confusion and questions all across northeast Ohio.
Speaker 1: This is so dramatic, dramatic resolve, and it says, what was that? All caps, big question mark on the news graphics.
Speaker 7: Let's get this bystander with a hot dog derby hat.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what the hell it was. Everybody in Ohio's panicked. They're on edge. What was that thing in the sky? What was happening?
Speaker 6: Cleveland?
Speaker 10: Like, no where tonight we have team coverage of the media that's discoveraged across our sky and what they're looking.
Speaker 1: For right now? Can you tell we're at a slow part in the news cycle? They like, we have team coverage tonight on the meteor that did nothing to Cleveland except make people panic and freak out. That's what they're doing over there. They had everybody in town, from the hot dog hat guy to everybody that could find comment on this.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and it was burning up, creating this bright, streaking sky we call fireball.
Speaker 1: Just wild, wasn't it? Boy?
Speaker 10: What Saint Patrick's stay to remember here at home? Thanks to an out of visit world visitor, it has social media buzzing.
Speaker 1: So Mike Sucks gathered all kinds.
Speaker 10: Of video from across northeast Ohio.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to give them credit they've got sports say that, fragments on that. They have five different shots mapped out showing the media coming in all over their state. No man, Yeah, they really put a lot of effort into this. But everybody be calm our Ohio listeners. I assure you you're not under attack. Ran has not fired back as far as we know, and maybe they will at some point. I don't know if they can pull that out.
Speaker 7: But as far Iran hates the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, they're putting in too many rappers and they have bummed it.
Speaker 1: How would Gene Simmons react to that?
Speaker 4: That's the question I have Just weeks He's going to bring it up when it's not relevant.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm kind of glad they blew up the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I mean, how would he react if they did that, because it is a legitimate target. I think if I'm if all.
Speaker 7: Of the sources say Billy Joel devastated, he'll never get back his handwritten lyrics till we didn't start the fire.
Speaker 3: True, can't replace that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So there it is. And well, if anybody has any any meteor comments, will of course take those over at the news Junkie dot com all day.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about it all day long.
Speaker 1: As I go high team coverage. I have a bigger question for you that may may or may not require team coverage because I saw this story this morning and I go, man, that's a perfect one. That's the perfect one to throw out to the audience. And it's the question I have for you today, and dispatchers and emailers, if you want to be anonymous on your email, say that, we'll keep name out of this because in a minute it'll make sense why that would be the case. But I want to know if this is you, if this is you that this is talking about. They asked more than seven thousand US adults. They asked them a very particular question, They said, have you seriously thought about shooting someone? And nineteen million Americans say yes? They had out of how many out of the three hundred and what forty million population or so, we got nineteen How many did they ask? They asked seven thousand adults, but they you know, they extrapolated the numbers from there, nearly three and ten people, thirty percent. If you want to run it that way, That's what I was looking for. Yeah, nearly three in ten people. I guess, well, actually that it's a little lesson that, but it says nearly three in ten people who reported these thoughts didn't own or have access to a gun. Men, younger adults, Black Americans, and urban residents were among the groups most likely to report these thought odd Well, gun ownership and political affiliation showed no meaningful connection. It says about four million people who had thoughts of shooting somebody told another person about this, which goes into like the red flag laws and stuff. But yeah, they said seven point three percent of adults. There's your number. Seven point three percent of adults said they have thought about shooting somebody at some point in time.
Speaker 3: And now I want some honesty.
Speaker 1: Have you guys, Sabrina ce Lane, Let's start with you. Have you ever had a moment where you're like, I seriously considered I thought about shooting someone at some point in time. Obviously you don't have to give any details if you don't want to, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if I can't say that now punched them in the face. Absolutely, I'm not talking about Yeah, No, I cannot recall the time that I've wanted to shoot.
Speaker 1: See and I don't even mean like you you have a gun, so you're gonna go back into your house. I mean just thinking like, oh, if I shot this person, boy, I things would be a whole hell of a lot easier if I just did. Did they factor.
Speaker 7: In if any of these seven thousand people had military service, because because then your your answer does differ, like once you're at a certain point in the military, especially I my friends in the United States Marine Corps where they would be you know, deployed out somewhere, and then they come back home and they're like, I didn't get to shoot anybody, angry.
Speaker 3: That they didn't.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you know some people that go into military service and they want to see action. Well, it says owning a gun and political affiliation had no link to whether people thought about killing somebody or no, got it, So.
Speaker 3: It didn't come back to that.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 7: Wait, wait, that's another thing that you just kind of unwrapped. Another part of this puzzle here is that we said shooting somebody. We didn't say killing them, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, this is just about this is about just shooting these people. I'm an on this.
Speaker 7: By the way, I have never seriously entertained the idea of shooting somebody.
Speaker 1: Also, they they said living in the Midwest was linked to higher odds of people saying that they had considered shooting somebody at some point in time.
Speaker 3: Perhaps the most surprising was.
Speaker 1: This I'm not going for a birthday. Perhaps the most surprising it was not linked to gun ownership. People who owned guns were no more likely to think about shooting someone than people who did not. Political affiliation also showed no link. Republicans, Democrats, and independence reported similar rates when asked, Hey, have you thought about actually shooting somebody? They all were the same across the board. Among those who reported seriously thinking about shooting somebody, the most common target was quote an enemy, Well, I mean I would hope so, cited by fifty one percent of the group. The second most common, about twenty five percent, was a stranger dude. Twenty five percent of the people who thought about shooting somebody thought about just shooting a random stranger. Red flag there described in the survey as somebody involved in a random conflict or people in a public space. The category stands out because it doesn't because it includes strangers in public encounters, though the study doesn't examine how those thoughts relate to mass shootings.
Speaker 3: So oh oh, I've got here.
Speaker 1: I've got the actual breakdown of this, and I want to know have you ever and again, if you want to email tips at the Neewsjuggi dot com, be.
Speaker 3: Honest about this.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about shooting somebody else? Have you considered this? Now? Here's what they say on the numbers shocking thoughts inside the survey on shooting others. Nineteen point three million US adults seven point three percent have seriously thought about shooting someone.
Speaker 3: Three point three.
Speaker 1: Percent thought about it in the past year. That's eight point five million people. It's equivalent of eight point five million people in the country who thinks about it. Younger adults, Black respondents, urban residents. Urban residence makes a lot of sense. All right, you live in a city. There's more people on top of you and around you. You're getting bothered by more people. It's a huge issue, and of course the city people, which may in some cases make it more likely that black respondents to are wrapped up in this city. People are like, oh hell yeah, oh yeah, that definitely has happened to me. Considered actions. Four million thought about getting a gun to shoot someone one point five million brought a gun to a location. Oh, I think they're like, they're really going for it. Targets of thoughts, fifty one percent were targeting an enemy, twenty five percent a stranger, fourteen percent government officials for their target. Wow, yeah, it said. Fourteen percent said their thought was shooting a government official.
Speaker 7: I sure hope this website did their due diligence on anonymizing these people, because oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait till the White House gets word of this. Fourteen percent of people said if they had thoughts about shooting somebody. Of those people, fourteen percent of them say it was government officials they wanted to shoot, that they thought about shooting. Ten percent said a family member or partner was.
Speaker 3: The target of their thoughts.
Speaker 1: All right, So of the people who said, yes, I've thought about shooting somebody, fifty one percent we're going to target an enemy, twenty five percent a stranger, fourteen percent government officials, and ten percent family member or a partner.
Speaker 3: A chance for.
Speaker 1: Prevention, it says, twenty percent told somebody about it, or six point seven percent have given their gun to somebody for safety, so they didn't use it.
Speaker 3: Just crazy, that's wild, that's wild.
Speaker 1: To think about as like, one out of ten people, one out of ten people you're walking around have thought about shooting somebody? John, you have I want to know your story, all right, dispatches emails, let's hear them today, Sean. If somebody ever came to you and said, hey, listen, I have been entertaining a not so savory idea here, and just to you know, just to make sure nothing bad happens, I'm going to give you my gun and let you hold onto it, just just for safety. Yeah. Do you ever give that person their gun back?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: That would be a tough one to handle.
Speaker 1: I mean I think I would take it because I would go I got to prevent whatever, take it. But then part of me is like, so my gun now, like Mike is my gun. Sabrina comes to me and goes, she doesn't say who, but she goes, I'm thinking about killing this dangers. You're the one she wants to shoot. So I really got to take the car.
Speaker 4: I've already done the crime, and I'm like, here, have my gun and put your oily fingerprints on it.
Speaker 3: I would take the gun, for sure, I don't know.
Speaker 1: How it would handle it after that because this really would be an odd situation.
Speaker 4: So I've been in that situation before.
Speaker 1: What where somebody brought you a gun and said, got to take this.
Speaker 4: Where it was yeah, I would say to not give too many details, but they were considering maybe harbing.
Speaker 1: Themselves, so okay, all right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was a group of friends effort to take the gun, and it was in someone's possession I think for a couple months until we all kind of like, all right, you're back, head straight on, sound body mind. You may have your weapon back.
Speaker 3: It's a weird processor, it's gotta be.
Speaker 1: But I want to know about this because this was a story that stood out to me today that I want to revisit and weave into the show. So your dispatch is, have you thought about shooting somebody else? Tell me your story if you want to record that, If you're brave enough to do so, record a dispatch at the newsjunky dot com. If you want to email, put anonymous on top if you want that. Tips at the news junky dot com. Tips tips at the newsjunkie dot com. Quick Break. We have a lot to get into today. I got some starter emails going.
Speaker 3: We've got to talk.
Speaker 1: About more of these spring break takeovers. It's getting crazy, and then deep down into the Afroman trial. And trust me, you're gonna have fun on this one. That's at the top of the hour. It's all coming up next on the newsjunkie chaos, spring break chaos, that's what they say is happening out there. And they keep using the phrase takeovers, the spring break takeovers, which I don't know what that actually means, but it doesn't sound good. And now there have been over all hundred arrests in the state of Florida alone, all right one hundred rest just in Florida from spring breakers causing chaos. Thousands and thousands and thousands of these people from all over the country are headed to somewhere warm. They're trying to get to Florida's beaches and police are trying to respond and they keep calling them takeover events. I don't know if you want to call them takeovers or parties, or you could use whatever phrase you want, but it's just it's quite bad at the moment right now, according to the sheriff's officers like Michael Chitwood.
Speaker 3: Mike Chitwood told reporters.
Speaker 1: That this is really bad and they're going to put financial penalties in place for people who are promoting these takeovers. He says, these are events can endanger public safety. We already talked about the one on the beach in Daytona Beach, And what they did was on Daytona Beach, there was a big gathering a takeover, and somebody was messing with water bottles and making like fake gun noises and popping the water bottles and everybody thought a gun went off, and everybody panicked on the beach and ran in each direction. So now they're talking about coming after these people and going after the promoters of these events. I don't know how you would actually do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what I was wondering, because you can't you can't really go after them for a crime before they've committed it. So like if the event is unsafe, you know, you don't know that until the event's being thrown, or until the event goes out of control and a bunch of people get hurt. So I don't know how do you stop somebody from promoting something that seems like a little free speechee.
Speaker 4: Is it an official event even or is it just like, hey, guys, this is where we're going to party at Facebook event? Or are they selling tickets? Are they providing alcohol for people to buy?
Speaker 1: Good questions.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are just hanging out.
Speaker 1: Good questions all the way around. Let's listen to the sheriff because he's the one who's very upset about this. Mind you, all right, this is Mike Chitwood, and he's talking about the spring break invasion? Is the word the phrase that he uses, So the sheriff says, in the beatles all over again, but it's spring break, right, spring break invasion promoters are on notice. Sheriff Chitwood says, We're coming after you financially for the costs your chaos brings to our community. Also, a special event zone with enhanced penalty will be an affected Daytona Beach for your next chaotic pop up event.
Speaker 3: Watch this video for more info.
Speaker 11: All right, So here we want to we want to follow up on what occurred last weekend and where we're headed. And what I want to say is, you know, my staff work very closely with Senator right in twenty twenty two to pass a special event zone, all right, and we have used that probably a half a dozen times, mostly for truck events, and we use it all in twenty twenty five. And the reason we weren't able to use it in twenty twenty five is my staff, the folks that work in the Real time Crime Center, both Daytona Beach and our folks, they were able to identify promoters, send them and desist letters and make contact with them telling that is the event are responsible financially for all the costs that we occur.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know, can you do that?
Speaker 1: So he is saying, if you, if you start on Facebook, we're going to have the Beach Bash, and the beach Bash is to gather people from all over the country. Everybody gathered for the Beach Bash. The Beach Bash is going to be huge. Be there. It'll be wild. There'll be drinks and drugs and all in bikinis.
Speaker 3: And you go to the Beach Bash, and this whole thing is promoted on social media.
Speaker 1: If the cops are called, they're saying they're going to charge the person financially who was promoting it on social media. I mean, I guess they have the ability to do that.
Speaker 3: He's the sheriff.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna assume that he knows what is what he's talking about now.
Speaker 4: But then you will just promote the event under a pseudonym or.
Speaker 1: Are they sending a bill? Are they filing a civil lawsuit for this?
Speaker 3: Will you just charge somebody? I will learn more here in a second.
Speaker 1: But as far as going under an anonymous name, this guy is known, this particular sheriff for getting people from four chan. So the anonymous thing may not help you as much as you think. If he's willing to go the extra mile, he can, he can chase him down. Ady on YouTube says he can do it per Florida statutes, and he explained it to the presser. That's what I figured, listen, and that worked well.
Speaker 11: In January this year, my folks in the Real Time Crime Center, my special events coordinator at Daytona Beach one hundred arrest of a handful of these promoters and they sent them registered letters, including two.
Speaker 1: D It went out last night.
Speaker 11: They were going to talk about that. Basically says what the law is, if you promote an unsanctioned event and we incur costs and police fire em as a dress cleanup, you are responsible for the cost.
Speaker 1: Of that event. Damn they have going unanswered. So now what I would like to do.
Speaker 11: What you here is put them on notice to the world that you are being noticed that if an event pops up here this weekend and we're going to name some people here, I'm coming at with Tesla first, and then we're going to after the rest of your money to pay for this thing.
Speaker 4: I feel like he's coming specific mind, he said, Tesla.
Speaker 1: Right, listen, James, we're coming out. You're read to Tesla.
Speaker 3: We know who you are.
Speaker 1: These focused on somebody who's at the center of this. I think Hiker Mom on YouTube, says Sean. The sheriff showed a promotional video from one of the beach bashes. And it's not a normal gathering. It's a huge party with no safety measures. Yeah, hiker Mom. When we were talking about this yesterday or the day before, I said, the strange thing about this is there's no party going on. Really, there's no It's just a bunch of people standing in a group. There's no stage, there's no seats, there's no towels on the ground on the beach, there's no there's no none of that. It's it's just people in a huge group, like a mosh pit. And that's a recipe for disasters. So I get that, but he sounds like he's got somebody specific in mine. You know, I'll say this what We'll get into a little more of what the sheriff said about the spring break chaos that's led to more than one hundred arrests. You better watch what you say about this. Everybody better watch what they say, or we're gonna come after your black Genesis G eighty. Oh hey, it feels personal over here, twenty eighteen, twenty eighteen, and not starting right now because it hasn't run in a long time. Okay, we'll get into more of what the sheriff says about the beach bashes. The sheriff's upset about it. We'll see what he says. We'll get into you your feedback. We got the question that opposed at the beginning of the show based on this study that says a huge percentage of a percentage of Americans have thought about shooting another person, and the Afroman case at the top of the hour. We are loaded up on a Wednesday, and that's coming up next on the news junk Kie. We need to have a war here over over definitions. I think I think we need to have a little bit of a war over definitions because people are going, hey, these people deserve to party, leave them alone. The spring Breakers deserve to be able to go out there and party on the streets. And I say, is this a party? Is this when I look at some of the videos that have led to thousands of arrests, a bunch of shootings, a bunch of chaos. The sheriff, we'll get back to his press conference freaking.
Speaker 3: Out about all of this.
Speaker 1: What I see as not a party When I look at visuals like this beach with all of these people who thought there was a gunshot ringing out, but it was a plastic bottle that made a gunshot like noise. And I'm watching these people run right now in every single direction possible.
Speaker 3: I don't see a party, all right.
Speaker 1: That is not a party to me, I miss some of you think that a party is just like a group of people who have gathered. So let's get into that really quickly before we get back to the sheriff. If you have somebody post a flyer for like, everybody's going to gather at six pm on the beach in this place, there's no stage, there's no anything, there's no seating, there's no porta potties, there's no I mean, there's nothing. It's just like a bunch of people are gathering in one spot. Does that make a party? Is that? Is it a party when just like a bunch of people get together and there's nothing going on at the place, Because that seems like like I would call it a gathering or something, I would not call it a party. And I feel like this kind of makes it seem like they're just after people having fun out there on the beach.
Speaker 4: I just didn't even know how much fun they're having. But maybe that's the difference. Back in our day, the party would mean music and beer pong and probably some chairs. But I've also seen as of late last ten years, people just doing the standing around and that's.
Speaker 1: It, just standing around on a beach.
Speaker 4: Call it a party.
Speaker 1: And there's a bunch of people saying it's a generational thing. You know, you don't know, you don't know what's going on here. I look at this and I just go, this is people screwing around on social media trying to get a big crowd to gather, and then the crowd is inevitably going to cause problems for people, and then they're like, well, I'm just posting stuff on social media. What's the big deal here? Jay Turn calls it an invasion. Yeah, to me, it's not a party. A party is the thing. And these kids should be able to party for spring break. I get it. They should be able to have a space to have fun and enjoy themselves. They're saying party is a state of mind over on shat. Yeah, I get it. I get all that stuff. You should be able to have fun spring break, have at it, all that, but you shouldn't be able to cause chaos, right Like, we shouldn't allow people to post flyers for these pseudo events. Everybody gathered. There is no event, there is no security, there is no organization, there is no nothing, and it's just like they're playing the puppeteer to see how many people will show up, and then when all these people show up, they go whoa, and then it causes chaos. We shouldn't let people do that, I don't think. And maybe you're for that, let me know, send a dispatch over the news. But Schipwood says is going to go after these people, Sheriff Chitwood, and he also seemed to have a specific person in mind, so I want to hear a little more from his press comments.
Speaker 11: Let's see, I want to say this clearly because I know when we get these emails, this.
Speaker 1: Is about race.
Speaker 6: This isn't about race.
Speaker 11: It's about pop up events, truck events, invade events, whatever you want to call them. They are illegal. They put a drain on the resources of this community. They put a black guye in this community, and they endanger public safety.
Speaker 1: So that's what this is about.
Speaker 11: So let's get that outside anyway. But we are declaring a special event zone from University Boulevard the Silver Beach, from the ocean to the river. What that is all traffic fines are double. What that means is I can tow and impound your vehicle for the most minor detail. Tail lights out, you don't have a driver's license, there's no insurance. We're towing it and pounding your car. Damn everyone. We arrest will not be giving a ticket. You will physically be removed from the venue and processed at another venue. Walking down the beach with an open container, you're taking a ride, smoking weed on the beach.
Speaker 1: You're taking a ride.
Speaker 11: Foating on the beach. You're taking a ride. So that's what's going to take effect. The special event zone goes into effect Friday at eleven am, and we'll make the determination on Sunday on when we break that down.
Speaker 1: All right, So who do you a side with? The sheriff or the partier is here because there's a showdown. He's going on, I'll get you for anything. You got anything wrong with your registration, your tail lights, I'm towing your car. It's going to be paining the ass. You got a beer or a join or something on the beach, I'm taking you to jail. I'm getting you. You cannot do these things. And he's throwing down the gauntlet. Here on the other side, they're like, what are we supposed to do? We're kids at spring Break, we're partying.
Speaker 11: They'll be posted, there'll be plenty of warnings out there so that you can follow suit. So we're gonna show you a quick slide one.
Speaker 1: Oh here books. Oh it's all AI Daytona Beach Takeover spring Break. Huge AI poster. It says March eleventh to fifteen, March eighteen to twenty second. Join the group chat. Oh god. So there's like big group chats for these sort of events and they post them on Instagram. This says there's stuff going on. Yeah, there's a lineup of performances. It's because it looks like there's a stage with speakers. There's nothing. From what I've seen, there's nothing. When they show up, it says, white boy wasted. Is that a Is that a performing act? White boy wast? That's kind of hard with my goal pool party, pool party in perfect Daytona Beach Bash says beach back beach bash brush and it's.
Speaker 3: So small I can't really see it here.
Speaker 11: She got a certified letter send her yesterday by Daytona Beach Real and sent to me basically saying, that has come to our attention that you're advertising, promoting, or sponsoring, or organizing or raging via social media at Daytona Beach takeover an unpermitted, unsanctioned event.
Speaker 1: Oh here we go. White boy wasted on the nineteenth, Wet and Wild on the twentieth, project Daytona on the twentieth. These are so generic Daytona Gone Wild on the twenty first, And do you think those are real things? Or it says ticket links so like they're selling tickets.
Speaker 11: I guess Marts eighteenth to March twenty third, and it goes on to describe what it means what an unsanctioned event is, how to get the proper permits, and then it goes on today. You're further advised that as a sponsor of this event, you will be held legally responsible for the cost associated with supplemental police, fire ems and sanitation services.
Speaker 14: So eliash is sitting behind a keyboard in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's gone, and I think she fancies herself.
Speaker 2: This is her new career.
Speaker 11: She was arrested in August of last year in Cobb County, Georgia for promoting an event involving juveniles which wasn't permitted.
Speaker 6: It was unsanctioned and it reakcavoc in the community.
Speaker 1: All right, so this does make sense. This does make sense. You can't just pretend that there is a festival going on somewhere and promote it from the red of Brian McFarlane. I would I beg to disagree. Okay, fire fest aside. You are not supposed to pretend that there is a festival going on like three days and all this stuff is happening, but there is no event, There is no permit, there is no, like there's nothing you don't have, Like you're just making it up.
Speaker 4: So it's a scam. I mean people are buying these tickets. But he also in the letter gave information on how to get the proper permits so that you're going to be responsible financially for and named all the things that you still have to get if you were going to do like a permanent event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it costs money.
Speaker 4: It sounds like he's just helping make this thing more official.
Speaker 1: Well that's good. I mean, if they do something legally, that's what you're supposed to do. And I think he's I think he just knows they're not going to He's like, the people who are doing this are not going to you. And I and seel I know more than anybody about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Throwing a flyer up online.
Speaker 1: And saying we got we're going to do a big event here and and show.
Speaker 3: Up and hang out. That's that's one thing.
Speaker 1: Throwing an event where you have a stage, where you have higher staff, where you have you have to have a required number of porta potties, you have to hire off duty police officers to show up to do security, you have to have the fire department come out and inspect your site.
Speaker 3: You have to have, you know, like.
Speaker 1: The laundry list of things that we have to do, and we're throwing an event and a big ass crowd comes in. But that's why I'm not doing any of it.
Speaker 7: That's why I wonder if it's actually real, Like are these things this Daytona or whatever, the list of acts that you said we're going to be there, this white boy wasted. They sound just so generic that it's like, is this just a money grab? And you know, this lady runs away with the tickets and everybody just shows up to party and they just kind of standing around because nothing actually happens.
Speaker 1: I'm searching for spring Break Invasion tickets. This has Orange Crush spring Break Invasion, but that's a different one. I think spring Break Invasion tickets on seat geek. So I'm trying to find the actual tickets to this to see if they're taking money. But that would be another crime, I think Sea Lang. Yeah, but you can't just sell tickets to an event that nobody's actually going to.
Speaker 3: That would be another issue altogether.
Speaker 1: But I see what the Sheriff's saying, like you just you can't just pretend to do this kind of stuff. If they're selling tickets and there's nothing going on, that's one certain crime. Number Two, you have to have an organized thing. Even if you're going to do large protests and stuff, you have to work with local officials. You have to plan these things out so that people aren't in danger, and going after the people who are doing that is probably saving lives. In some circumstances. You've had people die during spring break. We learned at the beginning of the show that basically one out of ten people have thought about shooting somebody else well as a big crowd of a lot of people and they're thinking about shooting each other.
Speaker 3: Next thing you know, it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: So I want to know who you side with, the partiers or the sheriff in this case. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. When we come back. I'm going to give you the full download on the Afroman case. It's such a fun one. I have so many great clips for you. Do not miss out on this. If you need a laugh in a distraction, let me tell you what's going on and I'll play for you. These clips from the Afroman trial that's coming up next on the news Junkie. Let's go on a journey together, all right, let's go on a little bit of a ride.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you a story and I'll.
Speaker 1: Play some amazing clips for you, and I think it'll be a great distraction here on your Wednesday. That's all I'm promising, and I think i'll deliver on that. This is about the case of Afroman, who is a I don't know what you call him, like a comedy rapper. Is he like just a regular rapper?
Speaker 3: He does funny songs and a lot of.
Speaker 1: Them like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess maybe with some comedy elements, but for the most part rapper, but also we plays guitar. There's a little bit of alternative R and B to it.
Speaker 1: He's a showman. He's a showman and he is an amazing, amazing performer, unless you're the person who is beating up during the performance because he's attacked somebody on stage before. But he's not on trial for that. Here's the deal for the Because I Got High guy afromn. The case center's on Afroman real name Joseph Foreman, best known for Because I Got high the song and what happened after police raided his home. Police raided his house, they didn't find anything, and then Afroman turned the security footage of the police rating his house into music videos, which is, if I may say, pretty genius. Because it's your house, you have the right to record people. If the cops want to come into your house and ransack everything, and then you want to use that footage afterwards and you want to make a music videout of it, you can do. It. Doesn't mean like you don't have to like it, but you're allowed to do that. America, home of the free, we're allowed to do things like this. So the Afroman took the footage from the police raid and turned it into music videos the police officers. It turned this whole incident into almost a whole album. Yeah, the album Lemon pound Cake.
Speaker 4: Like DoD I believe that's what he called one of the cops.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, we'll get into that too. You hear the clip on that. It's fantastic.
Speaker 7: Although the song Lemon pound Cake makes it sound like that was all they found there, Like, Uh.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about it is, before we get into that clip, they call this one cop Lemon pound cake, because in the middle of the raid on Afroman's house where they're supposedly looking for all this stuff, the drugs and stuff. In the middle of the raid, this fat cop stops and he looks at the food. There's food on the table at Afroman's house. There's a piece of lemon pound cake, and he took a bite of it. It says, it doesn't say here that he bit it, but it says officer stares at the lemon pound cake for a good eleven seconds, which implies he wants to eat it. And the pre chorus says, Mama's lemon pound cake tastes so nice it made the sheriff want to put down his gun and cut him a slice. And that's the thing, all right. So he says, police raided Afroman's house, they found nothing. Afroman turned the footage into music videos. Police sued him, he countersued, and now it's a First Amendment versus privacy showdown. The timeline goes like this very quickly, before we get into the clips the raid. The Adams County Sheriff's Office in August of twenty twenty two executed a search one on Afroman's home in Ohio. They were reportedly looking for drugs, kidnapping evidence. They didn't find any of that. They found some cash, there was nothing major found, no serious charges filed. Afroman was not at home during the raid. Security cameras inside his house recorded everything, including officers searching, joking, and counting money at his house.
Speaker 3: Late twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Afroman responds he took the surveillance footage of them going into his house and he turned it into music videos and contents. He said with one song, will you help me repair my door? Because they sitting the door to us.
Speaker 7: That's one of the tracks on Lemon Pound Cake, which includes why you disconnecting my video camera? And will you help me repair my door? And that has the lines I guess there's footage of them looking through his CDs. So verse three is all like any kidnapping victims inside my CDs?
Speaker 1: Any kid napping victims inside by CDs? How many pounds a weed are inside by CDs? Fish Bulb on YouTube says, I like, how Sean does not get the facts on this? Tell me what I'm gonna ban you if you don't have a.
Speaker 3: Response to this. That is satisfying to me.
Speaker 1: Tell me what I'm getting wrong as I'm in the middle of telling you the facts of the case. I'm belaboring this to tell you some of the facts of the case before i get to the fun clips. But tell me what I'm not getting or not honest as I'm in the middle of explaining it to you. Go I'll wait. I'll wait for you. Go ahead, and if your answer is bad, your band all right. That's the punishment here. The songs he made include will you help Me Repair My Door? Or Lemon pound Cake. The videos show the deputies faces. They include clips of them searching his house, and they parade the lawsuit against Afroman from the police officers. The police officers claimed it was an invasion of privacy. Now there's one for Moses. Invasion of privacy. You have an expectation of privacy in your own place, but you don't have an expectation of privacy in Afroman's house. When Afroman is the person who's house you're searching, I don't think emotional distress. They're also claiming an unauthorized use of their likeness. They said that obviously has to be true, because do you not have a camera that's in your house?
Speaker 4: Who me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, if you have a camera in your house, which you have every right to do, and it's fine if somebody comes in your house, they can't be like, well, this is an invasion of my privacy. They don't have an expectation of privacy in your house outside of certain spaces. I would think, like the bathroom or something. But you can't have a camera in your bathroom.
Speaker 4: But I can't get cord, Like can I record a conversation in my own house?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: By not telling this party, I thought it was like state by state kind of law. I forget what statement.
Speaker 1: I think in your own house you can because you're allowed to have security cameras in your house. I might be wrong. We can put that on the list for Moses, but I think you'd be allowed to do that. And in this case, he's in Ohio, so it would have matter like the Ohio laws. So the cops are suing him. He's suing back. He says it was a wrongful raid, it was a violation of his rights, it was emotional and financial damages, and he says he has the First Amendment right to do all of this. Now it's actually in the courtroom, and it could set a precedent of using real footage with police. So you take footage that you record of police officers, whether it's in your house or otherwise, and then you end up utilizing it for like a music video. If he wins this, they can do this more moving forward. Now played the clip of the intro, which is one of the police officers who is mad. In one of Afrobann's songs, this cop was called bald, that he had a receding hairline, and he was called a dips dip ass the s word all right, dip ass, And the attorney was asking about this, Can.
Speaker 5: You tell me what fact about you that receding hairline or the first to please? I'm sorry, what private fact of yours does that refer to?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a picture of me and sit here talking about.
Speaker 1: Meth, some meth comments.
Speaker 2: See, I wouldn't trust him with myth amphetamine crack a loan in my house, So I find that pretty insulting.
Speaker 1: This is one of the officers upset at the lyrics.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think that if you make a song and the song defame somebody or the song is running a foul of laws, you know, besmirching someone's name, Like if you create a song about and you call them a pedophile, for example, I think you should be able to go after that person.
Speaker 3: I think you should soon.
Speaker 1: Drink go after that person unless you're right, right, So Le's you're correct about all of this. So if Afroman said something about them in the song and it wasn't true and.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely a lie and they've.
Speaker 1: Had an impact on their character or life or whatever, they could get in trouble.
Speaker 3: Somebody says it's parody.
Speaker 1: Well, there could be loopholes in this, but I'm saying, generally speaking, if you were flat out lying about somebody that had some sort of recourse against you.
Speaker 3: So Afroman's in the courtroom.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a wet right, we excuse me, red white and blue suit. He has his afro going. Of course, he has a man. He has given me real Larry Flint vibes. Yeah, big time, big time. And I want to know if you guys hate him or love him? All right, let us know, dispatch his emails all that. But here's some more.
Speaker 3: Here's another way.
Speaker 5: The officer's testifying, So your claiming that is the defamation's tanis that he said he had sex with your wife.
Speaker 8: Yes, and that's painted you in a false light. It's caused tremendous pain in my wife.
Speaker 6: I'll get to that.
Speaker 8: We have to go through false light first. So does it paint you in a false light? Yes, that my wife is cheating on me with mister Foreman. But we all know that's not true, correct, I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh, wait for it.
Speaker 6: You don't know if your wife's cheating on you or not. You want to go there question As you said, we don't know. I've just been with that woman since middle school.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why would you say, I know my wife is not cheating.
Speaker 4: On you, and you've been with her since middle school. But this one particular thing has caused so much emotional damage that you were pursuing a for a man over.
Speaker 1: The problem that is quite obvious, Sabrina, is that this guy can't say, obviously, I know my wife isn't cheating on me, because that cuts into his case.
Speaker 4: You want to go there.
Speaker 1: His case is like, hey, I have to pretend that I might think maybe my wife is cheating on me. So when the lawyer goes, that cut into his case because if he has to say that the allegations against him, well, hold on, now, I'm thinking about this in a different way. He has to say that he believes the allegations are harming him. But if he acknowledges that obviously it's like a joke, and nobody believes that his wife is really cheating on him, including himself, then he can't make an argument that it's harmed his reputation. Right.
Speaker 7: I think it could still harm his reputation if other people believe it. That's the whole point of slander and libel.
Speaker 1: I would have said something like if they said, if Afroman did a song like this and it said Courtney was cheating on me, no way would I hang her out to dry. Sitting on the stand there, and they go, well, do you think Courtney might be cheating on you with afro Man, I'd be like, no, Courtney is not.
Speaker 7: Seating thought it would be the plot twist that I never saw coming Millionaires.
Speaker 1: It's not happening, all right, I don't believe that that's occurring. Let's go back to it.
Speaker 6: You want to go there, No, I just want to ask that question. As you said, we don't know.
Speaker 1: I just been with that.
Speaker 6: Woman since middle school.
Speaker 8: I know I would hope she wouldn't, but you know what, I would hope once somebody puts it out there for their fun and entertainment, it's out there and it's a problem.
Speaker 6: So that's something we cannot verify the truth of.
Speaker 13: This.
Speaker 8: Is it a thing that can be verified true or false?
Speaker 1: Ask your client, Ask your client to Afroman. Afroman is eating this up. He's just sitting there in his seat. He's got his American flag suit.
Speaker 4: Can he use the footage from this court case to make his next album?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He might be too. I think if he wins for sure, and then they sue him over that, and then he just the rest of his career ends up. I mean this, this stuff is kind of funny. I can't blame much of it. Is he officer pound Cake? I got officer pound Cake.
Speaker 7: I'm looking through the lyrics to why you're disconnecting my video camera? And there's h I gotta be careful when I read this because there's the at the end of verse two it says mad because I'm black, Mad because I'm rich, Mad because I blanked your drug addict, bitch. I came home, I came from LA and bought the whole city. Send your wife home drunk with my name on her. I've got I've got pound Cake.
Speaker 1: Here's pound cake, this says Officer. Yeah, I don't know. And in the video he had ladies with their legs up and he was going to them one by one and go to the next see of the next one. He's coming at him. He's like, the cops busted in my door, broke my door down. They didn't find anything, they didn't apologize. My revenge is making this going. I keep having to remind myself that he punched a woman at a concert, and like keep having keep having to remind myself because this part of him, this this version of him that we're seeing right now, I love it so much.
Speaker 3: All right, here's the pound cake thing. Officer pound Cake.
Speaker 1: Cooley took the stand today in the Afroman trial and acted like he had no idea why he was being called pound cake roll the tape. Afroman's attorney promptly reminded him. Sean Cooley said the video and being called a thief subjected them to humiliation, emotional distress, and death threats to himself and his family. Who's gonna threaten the death of a police officer because you saw a video of him staring at Afroman's pound cake whether he ate it or not, which apparently he didn't need it. But don't to him here he.
Speaker 5: Is, you were called officer pound cake by mister Foreman multiple times cakes the work?
Speaker 1: Wait wait did he just say he said, I got hundreds of poundcake sent to my work?
Speaker 4: He said, come down, he said, you got any of that?
Speaker 1: Hundreds of poundcakes said to his work by mister.
Speaker 8: Foreman multiple times cakes that work different people.
Speaker 5: Okay, and the contactor what got name comes from a music video that mister Foreman created.
Speaker 6: Correct, But I don't know where he got it at.
Speaker 1: But here's the music video. So they're playing the music video now, the poundcake music video with Afroman, and the security footage shows the all right, It shows the cops outside of his house and then going inside of his house. He's like firing off all all the security footage, and then he shows the cop in his kitchen. I'm muting just in case he curses in his song. Afroman here, and he shows the cop looking at the pound cake and clearly taking an interest in it. It's right here, right there, there's the pound cake and I don't know what those are called, like a little close or something like a glass container for a cake. And he's got his gun pulled out, but he's looking at the cake.
Speaker 15: And he's got the munchies because he got high and say so that's that's what he.
Speaker 1: Said about pound cake. I don't know if he goes afterwards. I guess they just go back to him on the stand. But he was denying he knew about all of that. Here's I'll play this for you now because this was one of my favorite parts. Here's Afro man on the stand, all right, glasses with the American flag, shoot with the American flag his first Amendment King. Here an Afro like you wouldn't believe. I don't know if it's a real Afro coolio style.
Speaker 13: And the more lies, outrageous lies, you tell about them, the more money you can make.
Speaker 12: Because AFROMM fact, they never should have came to my house in the first place. Fact, if they hadn't came to my house, they wouldn't have put themselves on the video camera.
Speaker 1: And in my music career.
Speaker 12: All of this is their fat All of this is their fault, and they have the audacity to sue me these people, and you are the predators and the victim.
Speaker 1: At the same time.
Speaker 13: So what they did searching your house gave you the right to do everything.
Speaker 12: You under the cercamstance that I got freedom of speech after they run around my house with guns and kick down my door, I got the right to kick a can in my backyard. Use my freedom of speech. Turn my bad times into a good time. Yes, I do. And I think I'm a sport for dealing. So because I don't live in their house, kick down their doors, flip them off on their surveillance cameras, then try to play the victim and sue them.
Speaker 13: Oo.
Speaker 1: Afroman fires back in the courtroom here full on American flag suit, tie, all all the rest. Let's see.
Speaker 7: Uh, I am so glad there are cameras in this courtroom.
Speaker 1: Could have so many more clips. We'll take a quick break. I guess we'll take a quick break. I have a bunch of really good clips still to get to here in the Afroman case, because it is starting to go viral and I certainly wanted it to get some attention on the show. So we'll put this aside. We'll get to the other other clips from Afroman and and Company in these Cops. That's coming up next on the News Junkie. Join us with a dispatch, an email, anything else over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Huge shout out and thank you to Sunstage John for thirteen gifted subs. Those are available right now on the newsjunkie dot com. Secret Shows subscriptions you can grab while they're available. They will not last for long, literally a matter of seconds before those are gobbled up. All you have to do is click the claim button and you will unlock Secret Shows, the uncensored shows, and the entirety of all the bonus stuff on the neewsjunkie dot com Right now, go grab those and thank you to Sunstate John. All right, here's the quick rundown, the very very quick rundown if you missed what we were talking about, because this is a fun ride.
Speaker 3: Afroman the rapper though.
Speaker 1: Because I got high guy, he was raided by the police. The police said they were looking for information about somebody being kidnapped or drugs, and they tore his house to pieces. They broke his door down, they flipped off his camera, and he had security footage of the entire rate inside his house. So Afroman takes to it and make a bunch of songs and music videos out of the cops in his house. They start calling one of the officers, uh, pound lemon pound Cake because Officer pound Cake was glaring at the lemon pound cake on the counter in the kitchen at Afroman's house. And he says all sorts of stuff about these officers in this courtroom, and then the officers get butt hurt about it. They busted in his house, they don't find anything incriminating, and they get mad because he took the security cam footage. And when he took the security cam footage and made a music video out of it, it made them look bad, so they didn't like it. Emotional distress, Yeah, emotional distress. And then you know, like he he slandered them. All of those things are are in this actual court case. And I've got more of this. Uh. I love this very very short clip of just a quick correction Afroman again in all of his American flag gear on the stand, American flag glasses, all the rest, just a quick correction.
Speaker 6: Hits you had was? But then I got high because I got high.
Speaker 13: Because I got high.
Speaker 3: The guy goes, what are your hits?
Speaker 13: Was?
Speaker 1: But then I got high.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, because it's because.
Speaker 13: You had was But then I got high because I got high, because I got high.
Speaker 1: He sounds much more professional sitting on the stand than I would have imagined from from Afroman's songs. He's fighting, he's fighting for he says the First Amendment, and I've got a bunch more e clips here there. Some of them were crying, some of the officers. Here's one of the officers in question. This is one of the deputies' ex wives who was a defense witness for Afroman. Oh no, I stand by the dumble Wighton on this one. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Afroman called one of the officers ex wives for his own for his own witnesses.
Speaker 3: He is going full in on this. Here's one of the cops. Xys.
Speaker 1: But say about the dump button because they're gonna be talking about WAP and I'm worried that they're gonna.
Speaker 5: Say, give you the complete song and then summarize it because I don't want to say it once.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you familiar with the song?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna stop there, all right, Okay, but there's there's a there's a song. If he starts to say hard there's a song on the album that seems to be like the male version of wap.
Speaker 3: Okay, h a d so wet ass p is what she?
Speaker 1: What he just said to this woman, the ex wife one of the cops that's on the stand here if he says the other one? Oh ring?
Speaker 6: Now? Is that a rap song?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 6: Has your students played it in class?
Speaker 4: Once? Then I asked them to please.
Speaker 6: Turn it all?
Speaker 1: Oh? No?
Speaker 3: Her kids in class?
Speaker 1: Is a teacher?
Speaker 3: Kids in class are playing the Afroman songs?
Speaker 6: Did they think that was fact?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: So they didn't think that that was depicting anything in real life?
Speaker 1: Now? Oh no, No, they're playing the WAP song in class. I guess, right, okay, what kind of like?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So you didn't have to teach him that wasn't real?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: He did not?
Speaker 4: Okay, well it could be.
Speaker 6: You've heard the song, correct. Do you believe it's a literal interpretation?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 6: Would you agree it's derogatory towards women?
Speaker 1: No? That woman just processed some things right there. She's like, what asked? Is it derongodtory?
Speaker 4: Technically they're getting there?
Speaker 1: Why she's like, women, it's not an insult. I wouldn't say, but she she like looked up into the air.
Speaker 6: Like this, would you agree it's derogatory towards women? M no, no, it says nasty things about him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I mean it's the artist opinion. I guess that's the way I feel.
Speaker 6: Maybe not an opinion you like, But.
Speaker 1: There you go. This is the one of the ex wives of the cop and she's again testifying on Afroman's side. That's how bad this is all gotten. What else do I have here? There's so many different clips.
Speaker 7: I thought she was going to testify that she banged afro Man great, which would sort of, you know, kind of back up the theory that he banged all these cops wives, which.
Speaker 1: Is why the one wife was so very sensitive. The one husband was so very sensitive of not saying that his wife was indeed cheating on him. When the attorney go with middle school, the attorney goes, they said that your wife was cheating on you, And he goes, yeah, is your wife cheating on you? He goes, I don't know, you want to go, I don't know. You don't know if your wife's cheating on you. You don't know if afro Man just made it up in the song you think. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've been with her since middle school.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if what's going on so well? So they the officers are not doing so well so far. Let's go to another clip here. Question right, so.
Speaker 6: Mister sorry Sean, you were called officer pound Cake.
Speaker 1: Oh the pound cake guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, mister foreman, multiple plus.
Speaker 1: All right, So this is when they play the actual video of the lemon pound cake thing.
Speaker 4: And that the man wins this uh huh. The album is gonna get so many more numbers and listens.
Speaker 1: It's going viral right now, so it must be popped out. I don't even think he has to win for that to happen.
Speaker 3: Like I think it's happening right now.
Speaker 4: But what they have to is it part of the lawsuit against Afroman taking that album down or the music videos down.
Speaker 3: It depends on if they win or not.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they win, they could have a claim against him and any kind of money that he's made and all of that. But if they lose, then he just doubles down on all of this and has even more.
Speaker 3: Footage, I guess, and more songs.
Speaker 1: Yellowjack says a slow news day, this is a glorious story. What are you talking about, everybody, Bully Yellowjack on YouTube, Please just call him dumb real quick. This is a glorious, glorious side show story. What an absolute loser comment. I got more from this officer. But again, I'm worried that they're gonna curse. And one of them cries at one point, which we have to work in.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get your insta.
Speaker 10: He looks like he regrets being part of this now that it's public and happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the officer. This is somebody like doing the commentary. Oh, oh my god. No. They showed the officer in the courtroom on Afroman's Instagram and it says Afroman posted a photograph of the officer and then the officer in wrestling tights.
Speaker 4: That's the actual officer or you just plaring to arrest.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic, Okay, it says, good morning ladies. This guy was easy introducing Colonel King Kong Bundy.
Speaker 3: Let me know if you have a nickname better than mine.
Speaker 1: That's an old school wrestler name that people were going on. And so he was posting all these photos of the officers and then just kind of meming them in, making fun of them and glorious. I gotta get the crying though, afro Man crying.
Speaker 3: It wasn't Afroman, by the way, that was crying.
Speaker 1: I'm just searching for this to see if I can find the actual moment somebody understand started crying.
Speaker 3: That's the lemon pound cake one. Is this it here?
Speaker 5: You're claiming that is the defamation statement that he said he had sex with your wife.
Speaker 3: This is the original one, right, and that's painted.
Speaker 6: You in a false light. It's closed tremendous pain in my life.
Speaker 3: This is where he wouldn't say his wife wasn't cheating.
Speaker 6: You have to go through false light first. So does it paint you in a false light?
Speaker 8: Yes, that my wife is cheating on me with mister Foreman. But we all know that's not true.
Speaker 1: Correct. I don't know, Bro. I can't believe he didn't just say no. There. I can't believe it didn't say no. That's not the crying though. I gotta find the clip where there's the woman on the trail is absolutely just like bawling. I guess is a woman. Yeah, because I see the officer crying and the still foot of the pictures I'm looking out here at sea line. This lady right there. Yeah, but I can't find the actual clip of her crying in the in the court and we'll find it. We will find it. See if you can locate that sea lane and I'll play this at some point in time. But it's just been the most unbelievable court case to follow, and it's a very very fun distraction from all the things going on out there in the world. So let us know what you think. Do you side with afro man or the police officers? I guess I got one word? Is this? Is this a different one of the same we saw? Excuse me?
Speaker 12: The lady Sheriff Department just volunteered the information.
Speaker 1: It's a you know, if she had.
Speaker 12: A big one, I might not even know.
Speaker 6: And I got ripped up.
Speaker 12: She admitted it live on Shadow nineteen News that the money wasn't right.
Speaker 13: You remember in your deposition when I asked you, why did you bring the news when you picked up the money?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I didn't want to get beat up or Epstein at the share station that I've seen them running around my house, Epstein, they are fifteens, So that's why I brought the news and my attorney. So to make sure I got out.
Speaker 13: Of that place with my money, you brought the news to protect you physically. Yeah, yeah, you didn't bring the news because you already knew there was a miscount and you were going to.
Speaker 6: Make I didn't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I figured they stole my money.
Speaker 2: They turned my cameras off.
Speaker 12: Well, so if you turn my cameras off, you must got something bad in month.
Speaker 1: So he said the money wasn't counted up right afterwards, like they went through Afroman's money and that wasn't all there. He said they recorded collecting four three hundred and ninety dollars. Body camera footage and subsequent counts suggested they only had four thousand dollars from the start, So I don't know if some of the money might have gone missing or they counted it wrong off the jump. And he said in there he wanted the news to be with him because he didn't want to get beat up or epsteined, was his actual comment in Cores. So we'll keep an eye on this. I'll try to find the one with the officer crying look for I.
Speaker 7: Haven't seen the video yet. I have the picture again. Her name is Lisa Phillips. The Adams County Deputy sheriff got emotional, Yes, got emotional while testifying in court.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, weld, I see so many things here. All right, what are the officers? Is this Lisa woman? And I guess this is her making sure that people don't don't think that she has a penis.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I'll play it for you. We'll go over this. Here we are she got a deep voice, got quite the voice.
Speaker 4: Objection, Are we sure you don't.
Speaker 17: Mean this will make you The client was singing in his driveway and he was saying that I lick and then you know, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: He has a song for her call lick him low Lisa. I mean, I like it's funny. I'm sorry. I'm sure some people will be like, well, this is irresponsibilities going against the police officers. The police officers they busted into his house, they didn't find anything incriminating, they didn't do anything about it, and then he just used his own security footage of them doing what they were doing. I've got more of this, so we'll work in a little bit more later and I'll try to find the actual crying video. We'll move on to a couple of different things. One of them will be, of course, the next episode. What's coming up on the next episode, Well, i'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you, but coming on the next episode, Eode. We mentioned him in the beginning of the show and apparently that was enough to summon him and Gene Simmons's latest weird crap coming out of his mouth. Shilah buff back in the news, and this time in Italy and only in his underwear. Plus ready to feel old and wonder where our youth has gone to. I'll add so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the News Junkie. We'll get into your emails, your reactions, your dispatches. We'll get into a boatload more stories that we have to focus on here on the show today. Right now, let's get into this. Let's do the next step episode because there's a lot on TV. You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? Well? Did I get that on my Heff and dash com? Nothing? Wether's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina. Hey, hold up.
Speaker 4: Hold up?
Speaker 1: Is right?
Speaker 4: The next episode brought to you buy that mortgage guy? Don that Mortgage Guy Don dot com, the Home Loans radio show. Looking to make that big life decision of buying your first dream home. Perhaps you're looking to refinance that beautiful home you own, Compare the first mortgage quote you get and get that money off the table and back in your hands. All of those things can be a confusing process, but not when it comes to that mortgage Guy.
Speaker 1: Don.
Speaker 4: Start that process today by going to his website, That Mortgage Guy Don dot com. Don't miss the Voca.
Speaker 6: Mortgage Guy.
Speaker 4: Dot com. Twenty nine years ago, nineteen ninety seven, thousands of people lined up the streets of Brooklyn for the funeral procession of.
Speaker 1: Whom on a.
Speaker 4: Yeah he loves it when he called him Big Kappa and it was hard to say that. Fights erupted, police busted out the pepper spray, and people were arrested. Rest in peace.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 4: Was it a takeover? I considered a takeover there?
Speaker 1: No, that was more what they had for DMX's funeral That was pretty awesome. They had like cars with giant wheels spinning through the streets and people partying.
Speaker 4: And here we are speaking of parties. It turns out that the drama even after every single joke and camera pointed Timothy challow May's way in reference to ballet. They still said, we got one more sting for you. And this brought to you by the New York Library of Performing Arts that posted a clip just yesterday busted. Yah's not gonna see li.
Speaker 1: Challo May.
Speaker 4: It's the busted song from a Disney show. Oh but I just took out all the other lyrics about who it's about and kept the and he got busted dancing ballet. I sent you the clip in the group chet John. It was a clip of him as a six year old on stage in Romeo and Juliet doing the ballet.
Speaker 3: Let me see, I just give more credibility on this topic.
Speaker 1: Here we go. I'm unmuting it. Heard it? Oh God is stupid with a little bow? I think, I said, yeah. I think it's just a very short clip of him on stage interpretation.
Speaker 4: Timothy's mother, grandmother, and older sister all studied at ballet, and he's spoken before about growing up backstage at ballet productions, which made the shading of said ballet vicious to the ballet world.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't he know whether or not it's dying if he was growing up backstage at these places, Tone was dying.
Speaker 4: He was just whipping out that arrow to shoot him right in the heart.
Speaker 1: Piercing sound was playing Revenge of the Nerds. That's playing out with this this weird story.
Speaker 4: Guess who's back. And now he's topless and in Italy when in Rome, Am I right? Guys appearing to cause some commotion in the hotel lobby and all he needed was a damn match.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: That's the second video under the ballet of Challo mat all right, and he's wearing just his boxer briefs, a loose cigarette hanging from his mouth, begging a woman if she has a match so we could light that sucker up.
Speaker 3: Can I play this or is he?
Speaker 4: I believe it is censored, but I'm ready to dump if cool?
Speaker 13: Oh give me, Oh give me.
Speaker 4: That's it was much shorter than I had thought.
Speaker 1: He's in his boxers in the hallway. This woman is like, what's going on? Shilah Buff. Shilah Buff really wants this cigarette right now.
Speaker 4: He travels to Italy to attend his dad's baptism congratulations. Court docs showed his request to leave New Orleans was initially denied in favor of him continuing his substance abuse treatment. Later, his lawyer came back with a new request, which the court green lit. Unfortunately not lit was that cigarette because of the lady who was super embarrassed. Now remember the legal mess stemming from the very rough Mardi Gras. That was just a mere month ago. And now he's in Italy celebrating his dad, finding our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and just like Beetlejuice. But we only had to say his name once and it was a hypothetical situation, was it not?
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 4: Here I have a headline with Jane Simmons and a god. Oh this is going to be part of the venue Hall of Fame if he has anything to do with it. He says, Kiss is going to go or no band has gone before, which includes an avatar show that they teased at the end of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 7: An avatar show like Avatar show the movie franchise, like with the Blue People.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's just maybe cartoons of them, hopefully they have legs and like the Facebook avatars. He says details will be revealed in and I quote under two years. Mind you. The first mention of this was in twenty twenty three. It'll also be so mind blowing that it'll make the Las Vegas fear and I quote again look like a popcorn fart.
Speaker 3: All right, he says.
Speaker 4: The Avatar show will be around Skreisenberg, It'll be around the world and not just one location, and will attack the senses, not just the eyes, like virtual reality. If you see a dragon coming in to scoopy up and it breathes fire, there's gonna be fire all around you popcorn fart, and you're gonna feel that heat, the fire, the brimstone, the coffee. You'll be able to smell it. A Gene also has a biopic and cartoon in the works and a finish documentary, not to mention a kiss cruise landlock in Vegas. So the final tour never ends if it's up to Gene Simmons. On the Boop Tube, we have NCAA Basketball First four, Go Lee High, Prairie View, SMU, miamioh, good Luck, have fun, the masked singer on Fox Dirty Rotten Scandals, The price is right on E and you can catch Kerry Washington on Fallon. Follow Your Dreams of Me on Instagram at Sabrina Ambra but most importantly they with me. America smoke weed every day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sabrina. We have a lot of stuff to get into as we roll on the show, including an update in the Nancy Guthrie case. Didn't expect that, And I want to talk about a man who was arrested and after they arrested him, he got hit with some pretty brutal charges, right, and the the thing that really stood out to me was there was a feature in his house that the cops pointed out, and they said, when we knew when we saw that this guy had this in his house, we knew something was wrong.
Speaker 3: We knew something bad was wrong.
Speaker 1: You go into somebody's house and they got this going on in their house, we know something's going wrong. I'll tell you what they've found inside this guy's house, and we'll go through the story because that is coming up next on the News Junkie. This is one of the weirdest stories I've seen in a while, and I want to get to this before I get to some of your heated emails coming in here momentarily. The heated Yeah, I mean there's some good, some bad. We'll get into those. We'll see what people have on their mind. I'd always like to work in the feedback. But first this because this is truly a shocking story, and it says house of horrors, disturbing discovery at a Sanford home in Sandford, Florida, that's where this happened, sparks one hundred charges.
Speaker 3: Now, there was.
Speaker 1: One thing, one thing about this house when the cops broke in that stood out to them more than anything. And when I read this part of the story, I was like, wow, this. I want everybody to have a trial. But if this is a guy that ends up under the jail, my god, I will not feel bad for him. This is a guy named Blake mckinnis. He's thirty seven years old. He's facing one hundred charges in a child born investigation. But even though that was found at his house, that's not the weird thing I'm talking about, all Right. A Sanford man now faces one hundred charges in a major investigation on child abuse of material according to the Florida Attorney General of General James youth Meyer. Yout Meyer, I think because I don't know how he says name Florida. Florida Attorney General James Utzmeyer held a news conference on Tuesday to announce the arrest of thirty seven year old Blake mckinnis, whose home was searched last week by state investigators. And it's this guy. You know, it kind of looks like like you might imagine he would look like after hearing some of these details. According to the fdl E, that's Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents received over seventy cyber tips back in January about somebody uploading child pornography online using AI to generate the images. Investigators say they traced this back to mckinnis, and it kicked off an investigation. So on his computer they found those kind of files. But that wasn't it. There was more. Actually, is this the press conference here? Let's see, Oh it's so long or not? I want to get to the part about the bedrooms.
Speaker 9: But this morning joined the day I representative a lot of people to incidents where we might have child predators on the loose. Why these childlike sex dolls are illegal under floor the law.
Speaker 1: All right, So he had child sex dolls apparently in his house, this guy. But more than that, the thing that horrified a lot of the officers who were going to this house was this guy who didn't have any kids. All the rooms in his house were done up as kids rooms.
Speaker 17: Oo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what one of the rooms I was looking at says girl cave, No boys allowed. Girls just want to have fun. And it's got all kinds of kids clothing, including like it's like there's like little girls underwear in the room. It's now the guy had all of the rooms in the house done up like little kids rooms. Zero he has no kids.
Speaker 3: No, he has no kids.
Speaker 1: There's nobody living there if he doesn't have any kids. Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, But but was he to kid children or something, or was somebody in there at some point in time? And so lit'sten here. I want I want to want to hear them talk about the actual room, because we have.
Speaker 9: To nip these evil villains in the bud before they can lay a finger.
Speaker 3: On ott Is, the Attorney General.
Speaker 9: I want to thank Representative Plakin. I'll let her talk a little bit about the bill that she sponsored this year that I have no doubt will be signed in the law.
Speaker 1: Varias about the kid rooms. We're gonna go.
Speaker 9: Back working around the clock every single day to take these cases very seriously.
Speaker 6: This tip led them to.
Speaker 9: Mister mckinness's house, and what law enforcement saw when they arrived left them speechless. They entered into a house of horrors where this individual had decorated with little girls underwear toys, a room dedicated for a little girl sex dolls on her floor to law and ultimately they found foul files of both actual child pornography as well as AI.
Speaker 1: Jeez, man, this guy again everybody deserves the trial. But but this is a bury him under the jail kind of individual here.
Speaker 3: That is really shocking.
Speaker 4: Behavior given the AI generated images, which was that not part of a recent slew of pass laws in Florida.
Speaker 1: But I know that we we outlawed AI generated porn images of identifiable people. I didn't I know there was discussion on AI generated child sex abuse material. I know that there are for it been running it himself because you can't just do this on like the regular ones, I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Okay, so, which leads me to I mean there has so there's not a website. It's just like your own downloaded AI software.
Speaker 1: I would think, because I, like I wouldn't geez if any of the major companies had an AI where you could put in that kind of stuff about kids and produce some sort of material like that. I think there would be major outrage.
Speaker 4: I think they should expose whatever that program or the website was called.
Speaker 1: Does that risk telling other people who are like this guy, like, oh that's the software I need. That's increderful, it says. Additionally, investigators found that mckinnis had children's bedrooms decorated despite not being a parent. In these bedrooms, LA Enforcement found massive amounts of paraphernalia, childlike dolls, as well as children's toys and clothing. The dolls were anatomically correct, and children's underwear was discovered inside crow so much been doing.
Speaker 4: This for years. That's a pretty built up house.
Speaker 7: So did we determine that none of the stuff he possessed actually contributed to any child abuse?
Speaker 1: Some of it was real, Some of it was real actual kids, other was AI generated stuff. Both of them I guess illegal and depending on what place you're in or something, right, Yeah, and so, I mean the whole thing is very, very strange. But just the idea that somebody who doesn't have any kids has their whole room and the rooms in their house decorated like that makes me think that they had a plan at some point to reel some people in, to reel some young kids in, and then put them in those rooms Aeriel Castro style. You know who did. There's multiple tips okay, yeah, multiple tips he was posting or so. Yeah. Yeah, he was posting this stuff online somewhere and people who saw were like, whoa, And they started reporting this guy because he just kept posting it over and over and over, almost like he wanted to get caught. Very weird. Hit us with your feedback on this one too. What should happen to this guy? What do you think? Ai twists all that tips at the news Junki dot com will record your dispatch at thenewsjunkie dot com. Jay emails the show. Jay says, Hello News Junkie podcast listener here, listening to Tuesday's show. And I forgot most of what we talked about on Tuesday, but I'm sure it was a thing. Oh yeah, that one Guinness really took you out. I'm sure that was really happy. You guys were talking about the person with the legal strategy the defense attorneys were using for the young man who plays the pipe bomb in Washington, d C. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, So to bring it back the guy who was wanted for a very long time by the FBI, who put pipe bombs outside the Republicans offices and the Democrats offices the day before January sixth. His attorneys are saying, hey, there was a blanket pardon for anybody involved in the January sixth or associated incidents. And we even read the letter of the pardon that was issued by the White.
Speaker 7: House, and not even associated incidents. I think when we read the text of the pardon, it was convicted for an event taking place at or near the Capitol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I said to his attorneys, really came up with something clever here, as bad as this person was if they did this. But Jay continues, while I'm no legal legal scholar and have nothing to do with working in the law business, when I heard that he was caught, that was my first thought. The President pardoned everybody that committed these crimes near the Capitol that day. Now you're talking about the legal strategy, which actually made me laugh out loud. Then I had to explain at the office while I was laughing, and we're at about an eighty twenty split on the fact that the pardon does cover him. Around my office eighty percent being in agreement. So I was saying, eighty percent of his office thinks that this guy might have a crazy UNO reverse card out for the pipe bombing trial. For those who said the pardon wouldn't cover him because he placed the bombs before January sixth, all the guys that showed up with guns that day wouldn't be eligible for pardons either, because they transported the guns before that day. It's a very interesting debacle. Love the show, Love you guys, Wiggles and pops all the way around. Another email coming in, this person says about the gas station drugs and age restrictions. Because this this came up on the show yesterday, I forgot what that drug was called that we were talking about. It was seven to seven is the short term for it.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to be like what ex fentanyl.
Speaker 1: It's a very concentrated derivative of the kretom plant. It's like a synthetic kind of deal. I think it's from various things that I've read. And then we got a lot of feedback on the texting service that for a lot of those gas station drugs you might actually have to be twenty one to buy them. Really Okay, that's what well. People were chiming in with. This person says, I don't think there's an age restriction on that stuff because most of it's not for human consumption. It even says right on it, says this person, which would be at odds with what some of the Texters say. But I would tend to agree with a swarm of Texters who will probably look at this.
Speaker 7: So why sell it if it's not for human consumption? Like I know that the idea of bath salts was that you're supposed to put them in the bath with you and not consume them.
Speaker 13: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: What is the point of all of the gas station drugs that aren't for human consumption?
Speaker 1: The one that we showed yesterday that's seven oh h which makes people look like they're on fentanyl or something, And it's just it's a kind of like legal and a loophole kind of thing. It didn't look like it was for anything else. The packaging looked like it was a drug that you were supposed to take, yeah, for sure, And it even said like really strong.
Speaker 3: This is like very very strong on the packaging.
Speaker 7: When you buy stuff that you can later choose to consume or not, but it's not for human consumption. There usually is a point, like when you buy raw milk from a farm, it's to feed animals. You know, when you buy bath salts, it's to put in a bath and make your bath more pleasurable. Fireworks fireworks are to scare off the birds that might be on our phone, on our farm, or perhaps terrorizing my cul de sac on July third.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know there at some places has been in the past for you have to fill out when you buy fireworks in certain places, and it assures people that you're not going to really light off the fireworks in your neighborhood. You're only purchasing them to scare animals. Agricultural use only. Yes, yeah, that's all you can do. Kathy emails the show tips at the news Junkie dot Commas is not renewing your contract. Hey, Sean, I missed the part of your show today, but when I tune in a few months ago, you stated that June thirtieth was your last day with iHeart. That is true. That is when my contract ends. June thirtieth is the final day of my contract, which is just over one hundred days. She says, if true, I'm sorry to hear this, as I'm a relatively new listener. As I stated as much last week in Chat where will you be Going? I like your format style engaging the chat people and posting remarks comments about other shows. Thank you, Kathy, Thank you for sending the email Kathy, And yeah, I have not heard anything back. I know a lot of the suits are on the move at the moment. If I hear something, i'll tell you. If I don't, then June thirtieth would be my last day working for iHeartRadio. And at that point, I would you know. I'm not hanging up my headphones. I'm not stopping. I'm not anywhere close to being done. I have a million more things that I want to accomplish. Are you trying to stop me? I'm not stopping. You can't stop me. And I don't remember the exact Wolf of Wall Street Club, but I'll do the rant with all without any.
Speaker 3: F words if I can remember it at some point in time.
Speaker 1: But I as far as now, I don't have anything new for you. I only I'm telling you the truth. My contract ends in June. I didn't reach out to iHeart at all. iHeart then was approaching me. I wouldn't say like aggressively, but they were very, very insistent that we talk. And then when I didn't respond, We're like, okay, come come on, call on when need to chat about this. I've had several meetings with them. The last meeting was me sending an email of here's what I need to make this work for X amount of years more and I haven't heard anything back. I don't know what that means. I don't know if that means like they just don't want to do it, and if they don't, that's fine. I mean, I think we're at a point right now where're a huge inflection point in the media landscape.
Speaker 3: You have the ability to do podcastings.
Speaker 1: I have my entire studio where I could do whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm not reliant on a radio station to provide the equipment for me to be able to create this kind of content. I've worked hard to establish bases on different social media platforms. On Facebook, I'm coming up on one hundred and fifty thousand followers or something over there. On YouTube, we're finally getting some traction and and building up a big following over there.
Speaker 3: All this stuff is heading in the right direction.
Speaker 1: I don't know if my time to break away and just kind of focus on the next level of my career is now, or if iHeart wants to make a deal and do something bigger with this show before that happens way down the road. I literally don't know. And that's how this stuff kind of should be. You should just go. I believe in myself. I'll always bet on myself a million times over. I put every waking moment of my day into this kind of stuff. I wake up, and I live, and I eat, and I breathe, and I ask this stuff and that's what I do. I do this all day long. So I am very very confident in myself my ability to do this kind of stuff. By connections within the industry, I'm at a really good place. Will it continue with iHeart? Will it continue with this show in this format? I have absolutely no clue, And honestly, that's kind of exciting to me. For the first time in a while, that's kind of an exciting prospect for me. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: This is not me lying to you. This is not some sort of weird negotiation tactic. This is simply me being honest with you and answering to questions people are asking about this topic. So, as of right now, June thirtieth would be my last day. It's the last day that I'm contractually obligated to crack a microphone and talk for four hours on this show. But if anything happens between now and then, I'll let you know. Steve emails the show tips at the news Junkie dot com. Steve says, Sean, Well, I am mildly enjoying that show you talked about DTF Saint Louis. I found some of the premise ridiculous, like since when is there a live sign language interpreter on with a weatherman during a news broadcast? And they would never allow a news personality to be arrested during a broadcast. I believe they would have to get past a front desk, a station manager in security to do that. Other than that, it's okay, says Steve, And he's right. There's there's like some news reports where you have Jason Bateman, who's a meteorologist, like you're friendly local mediorologist, and then you have I keep forgetting his name, the dar from Stranger Things, the sheriff Popper David Harper. I went with his Stranger Things name. I think Hopper Hopper is a stranger his name right, that guy David, what would you say? His name was Harber, David Harper. That guy is on with the weatherman doing sign language during just regular reports that you might see during a hurricane. Yeah, during like an emergency or a hurricane exactly, you might see something like that. But generally speaking, I don't think you would see that. You're right, And there are other kind of far fetched things.
Speaker 3: That are in it.
Speaker 1: I can look past most of that stuff. My problem now is I need it to pop off a little bit. I need I need some more excitement, and maybe we'll get that from the new episode of this. But it's got people with varying opinions. As many other shows do appreciate yours a couple points in like pop culture and uh radio and television or television and movies. Excuse me?
Speaker 7: That does make it think or make it seem like it's easier to walk into a running TV station than it is. Are there some probably small market TV stations that it would be a little bit easier than it, Like you can't just walk in here, No, and then arrest people.
Speaker 1: You know, the cops wid the cousin of me staring at a lobby with nobody in it and everything else would be sure and locked down.
Speaker 7: And if they if they don't have the right one, like what Sabrina witnessed yesterday, which was some beautiful some random person came in and they were trying to check.
Speaker 1: In with the giant giant doesn't display. Is that a robot iPad or.
Speaker 3: It just sits there?
Speaker 4: No, the iPad's different. They went up to a digital display that kind of just goes through. Hey, this is I heeart. We've got an event coming up.
Speaker 1: You've seen it in the lobby. It's like a digital signage thing.
Speaker 4: And they went right to touch it and it's.
Speaker 1: Just like a rotating billboard right correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they're like, this must be as the giant iPad God, and I pointed them in the right direction as a good look.
Speaker 1: They didn't build the lobby for boomers at iHeartRadio, So yeah, that is true. Like if a cop showed up to a TV station, there would be way too many layers before they would be able to say, hey, all right, now you're you're on the side of the set and you can arrest one of the people as happens in that show DTF Saint Louis.
Speaker 4: And say it was based on a true story.
Speaker 1: Did they No, I think this person is just saying it's not realistic, which is not. But I mean sometimes we let people get away with some stuff like that if it moves the plot along. All right, quick break and we'll get away from this noise when we come back. More updates on stories we've been talking about Injury Duty. I got that Guthrie update, the Nancy Guthrie case update, more Afroman clips, and a lot more on the way that's coming up next in the news Junkie. There are many incidents I think when this happens. It happened to me the other day on the show, where I see people talking about something and I can't predict what the overwhelming opinion of most people would be. I like to focus very much on what people are into, what audiences are into. I focus on the box office. I still look every week at what album sales are tops. I still look at anything out there where people are voting with their dollar and saying I like this versus this, and I'm seeing what's going on. I'm even seeing on a deeper level, I'm looking at seeing what the demographics are. If you're in radio and you don't know how demographics work, you are wasting your time. You don't understand how to build audiences. You don't understand how this industry works. Is a key thing we For instance, on this show, we target people well, either men twenty five to fifty four or.
Speaker 3: Person's twenty five to fifty four. So if you're within.
Speaker 1: That age bracket, that's who you're really focusing on when it comes to this show, right, We're trying to create some content that brings those people in. Hopefully you enjoy the show, Hopefully you hang out every day. But sometimes my gut is wrong. It's not very often, it's not very often. My gut was a little off the other day when I told you guys the story about how there was a couple at Costco and they split into different lines, and the boyfriend had the shopping cart and the girlfriend was in a totally separate line, and they were trying to see who went fastest in the lines, and then they were going to bring the cart to that line and then check out and it's like, no, you guys are a group. You stay together, you check out with your cart, and you wait in the line like everybody else. You don't get three, four or five positions in every line and try to see what happens. This is a social thing. It's not an experiment, you know, an experiment. We're all out together on planet Earth and we're trying to follow the same rules to social contract. Almost. It's a deal we have with each other. We go, we wait in the line, we act politely, We nodded other people, We let people through and they need to. We do these things. But a lot of people were like, no, I'm fine with that, and I was very surprised. I was very surprised. I think I turned the folks around after a little chit chat about it, and think most people think, hey, you know, there's a certain limit to what you should be okay with it, not okay within these scenarios. But then Sea Line sends me this story after the show the other day, and how did you stumble upon this seiling. We'll start there just scrolling through Facebook. They're just looking around.
Speaker 7: This is a bar that back in my gig playing days, very early in my gig playing days I played at years ago, and then so I just I had followed them on Facebook. And then there was a condo that me and some friends used to go to a lot in Cocoa Beach and it was walking distance to this bar, and since I already knew the bar was there, it's a really cool place. It's a Irish pub. So they had a big day.
Speaker 1: Yesterday for Saint Patrick's Day. Yeah, yeah, And and but it's it's weird because you wouldn't expect to find a bar this like authentic feeling. I mean, it feels like a cool Irish pub. It's not like it's not trying too hard. It's not fake when I don't know if they did that, you know, but.
Speaker 7: People, yeah, people used to little people used to make a lot of money doing something like that. But this place is in a strip mall, which is so weird because usually strip mall bars don't feel like they would. You know, there's a certain kind of stigma around a strip mall bar that this place definitely does not fall into.
Speaker 3: All right, I I I agree, I agree with all that.
Speaker 1: So to recap, we're talking about an Irish restaurant on Saint Patrick's Day and they post this on social media and it blew up. I would not have expected this blow up, and I certainly would have expected some of the comments you're about to hear. Here's their post. It says Patty Cassidy's Irish pub. Here we are worried about the spring breakers. Of course we've talked about that earlier on the show today when we should be worried about their grandparents.
Speaker 3: This lovely couple.
Speaker 1: And they show this security footage of an older couple inside their restaurant and you could see them with a little mug that they're handing to each other, and it's.
Speaker 3: A moscow mule mug.
Speaker 1: If you've ever had a moscow mule to drink, you know, they're usually served in those yeah, little traditional copper mug that you would get just for that. And the couple is handing this back and forth to each other. It says, this lovely couple decided to steal one of our tulamore de mule glasses. The video shows her emptying the darts out of her cup that she's holding and then placing it in her hand with her bag and then walking right out the door. And they said, we use these for the house darts we had so that when you played darts, they would put the darts in this little moscow mule cup. And the couple stole that coup while they were there and says, yes, we know it's not expensive, but it's the principle you wouldn't go into your friend's home and steal their glassware. Yes, Patty's is open to the public, but that doesn't mean all the things inside of the pub don't belong to someone. Owning a small business is hard enough. People like this just make it harder. Don't be like these people, right, that's what it said. I happen to think that's not They're not really going crazy here. I thought that was a fairly reasonable response.
Speaker 4: I mean, to post the video and stuff over a promotional item that was given.
Speaker 1: To them, well, they stole it from this place. Whether promotional or not, it was something that was theirs. The couple stole it.
Speaker 4: Stealing is bad. I'm not saying that they were okay to do it, but it just seems like a little extra.
Speaker 1: I think what they posted they could have gone way harder. I think they could have gone way harder. But the comments were pretty surprising. So here is where this kind of got interesting. They had to post a lot of stuff themselves, and they said, to those who actually read the post and have a moral compass in your comments, thank you to those who empathize with theft in your comments, thanks for the engagement. I hope no one close to you owns a small business because you've probably stolen from them. And they said, things get stolen from this place on an almost daily basis. The fact that we have to actually release clear footage of the theft and we post it online is on them. Some of you commentarys have the morals of a cup point right. So here here are the people thought that was a pretty good insult. Yeah, here, here are the people in the comments. There's so many people who are supportive of this couple, supportive or.
Speaker 4: Like as far as they are against the pub releasing this.
Speaker 1: I think in a way you have to be one or the other. You have to go like there was nothing wrong with what they did, or you know, the pub is sort of right here. This person said, looks like they took a souvenir. Many restaurants have this same issue where people will take things like a glass cup or something as a souvenir of their visit. It's not right, but it happens all the time. Who knows. Maybe your mom used to be the kind of villain who always took home ashtrays from all the strip clubs she used to go to, and now it's gone full circle. Somebody says, free memorabilia, so she wanted a souvenir. I'm sure if they would ask to buy one, the business be happy to sell them one. This person says. A lot of these people are like, hey, there's nothing wrong with them doing this. If it wasn't for bars, you wouldn't have any glasses in your first apartment.
Speaker 3: This person says.
Speaker 1: The couple definitely knew what they were doing. You can see that she is trying to hide it away. Be slick. Put it, put it like, you know, very carefully out there, and it says, come on, now, there's a certain loss level.
Speaker 3: That's just part of the business.
Speaker 1: This is Hey, this is a thing that a lot of people think. A lot of people think. There's like, oh, this is business. Yeah, this is the cost of doing business. There are some people who legitimately think this. They think this about when people steal from target. They think of this about when people steal from these sort of mom and pop style restaurants. They go, oh, it's not that big of a deal. This person says, come on, now, there's a certain loss level. That's just part of the business. If somebody watches this while it's happening, it didn't do or say something, they're responsible to recoup the damages. If not, why did you go back and look at the footage? Seriously, it's either a lazy employee behind the camera or a personal vendetta. You make your business less desirable either way.
Speaker 4: If what's strange to me is like we use these to put our darts in there, that's the only dark cup we have. Secondly, and I just propose this as a question because I am not condoning what they did, but if this was a part of a box from tullmerdo Merch the rep that sells them their stock for that day, and they're like, these are yours to give away or for the patrons, because it does say tell them we're doing it, m hm, is it less of a stick in their side because it was free to them and maybe technically could have been a giveaway item and not.
Speaker 1: Be super darts. To me, personally, none of that matters at all. The person is either stealing something or not stealing something, And in this case, it's very clear to me that they were stealing something. They were like doing the home alone, put in your purse, put in your purse thing, and.
Speaker 3: She she took it.
Speaker 1: And you can you can argue all day long like, oh, this is not a big deal. They were just they were putting darts in it. The thing is it was somebody, It was the bars, and they took it from the bar.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 7: The argument too, that some of the people are making like, you know, you putting this on the internet would make people not want to go there, Like, what.
Speaker 1: Do you mean people that steal? Yeah? What is it? Sending a message that if you steal stuff you might get blasted on the internet. Sure, what a terrible message.
Speaker 7: Michael on Facebook, Oh yeah, I think this is a little bit kind of what Sabrina is saying. Oh yes, the glassware that the distributor gave you to promote buying their product is paying off again getting views for your page. Oh and yes, the overserved patrons who should not have done it are now never going to return to your bar. You got the advertising without gunshots like the other spring breakers I saw, and playing the victim, putting your customers on blast. Not a good look and definitely not worth the dollar sixty seven price of the glass.
Speaker 1: But if not even you're turning away thieves, thieves don't want to go back to the place good. If I'm a person running a business, I don't want thieves to go back to my place. I don't want thieves stealing things and thinking they could just get away with it. And when a bar gets stuff from a place, no matter what place it is, it's their stuff. Like imagine going to a bar and taking the Saint Pauly's knon sign and being like, well, this is promotion, is this is for to the beer. It's mine. I'm gonna take it. I'm a fan of Saint Pauli's. It's like, no, those are things that are the bars stuff. And if you want to ask them, if you want to say, hey, would you sell this to it, if you want to say a million other things, I get that, But otherwise you're just stealing and you shouldn't do somebody, you know, somebody Jeremy, stay away from Patty's. They will shame you for a glass on social media. They must be desperate and probably skimp out on quality.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: That's a weird take, man, It's so dumb. It's a fundamental different view of life and business, and usually it comes from somebody who has not run a business in their life. It's a fundamental different view because you can either say, hey, it's okay to take things, not a big deal. It's actually worse to shame the people who take things, or it's like, hey, taking things is wrong, you shouldn't do it. That is a fundamental different view on life that people will have, and I think these people are stupid for doing it. I think the people should come forward and if they come forward, maybe maybe take the video down if they come forward and like apologize and give it back or whatever. But I have stuff like this that I love. Things like this.
Speaker 3: I've done something. In this studio across from me.
Speaker 1: I have a beautiful classic radio cabinet. It used to exist in a radio shack years and years and years and years and years and years and years years ago, where in the sixties and seventies they would sell portable radios on it.
Speaker 3: It's got these glass shelves in it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I had it redone and it's one of my favorite possessions in the studio. It's a big light up RCA Victor Radio cabinet. Right those of you over on YouTube can see it's ceilings bringing it up on the PTZ camera. That's the cabinet that I have, and I have that installed on the wall in the studio.
Speaker 3: One of my prize possessions. I would never sell it.
Speaker 1: So I have this and I stuff it with all sorts of great things that I like and that I've collected over the years. One thing I have in there is a book that is a tulomore Do book, and if you open it, the pages are hollowed out and there's a tulomore Do flask in the book. It was given to me by Caitlin, who owns a bunch of the top bars in Orlando, Florida, and she got these promotional items from TELEMORDEU very same company that we're talking about here, Whiskey Company, and she was gracious enough to give it to me. She's like, Oh, I wanted to give this to you because people really want these. It's super cool. She's like, I've kept a bunch of them and I put this over to the side here. I love it. It's one of my favorite things that I have collected. I've never seen anybody else with one of them. But if they yeah, you guys have them because you got one from this person. But if they just had it up inside their bar and now whatever promotion is over, they have it sitting up in the bar somewhere. If you take that you were stealing something, you don't go, well, no, And this originated as this. To me, it's like it's pretty clear cut. But the people there was many people in the comments that felt worse or at least wanted to stand up for the couple that was stealing the glassware from this particular place or the mug from this Patty Cassidy's Irish pub, so much so that they had to respond many times in the comments. Let us know what you think. I'll put the video of this over on see it now over on the website at the Newsyunki dot com. You'll see what's going on, so you can make up your own mind. Go check that out at the Newsjunkie dot com when you get a chance. All right, quick break, when we come back jury duty, I've got some big updates, including on the Nancy Guthrie case. We'll see what's going on there because that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Very very easy for you to find everything that's happening over on the website, and I hope you do right now. All right, let's see. Why's my laptop so unbelievably loud? Right now? All right, I'll work on that momentarily, but I wanted to get into it. Actually I got to play something. Hm hmm, all right, I'm going for it. Here we go, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 14: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode Wait.
Speaker 3: Of the Duit Law Firm.
Speaker 1: Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, Call eight hundred CAMO, or go to just CALLM dot com after an accident. There are lots of attorneys out there trying to get your attention. Oh now I know what it is. It's Facebook. In the background. It was Facebook, the people's feelings this looping and looping and loop, Yeah, it was somebody says Tip Top show, Sean, it's not my fault, well, it kind is. It was the security footage of the couple taking that Moscow mule mug playing in the background over and over and over. I was like, what is happening right now?
Speaker 4: I was grabbing itubs like we just got one thousand more views in a row.
Speaker 1: It happened here. I just had it rolling, all right.
Speaker 7: I was grabbing a soda and a kitchen, and a coworker who will go unnamed, said, dude, my parents have plenty of just perfectly good flatwear, but they go to a restaurant that Ramikin is.
Speaker 1: There's Yeah. I was talking about this a little bit during the break and I said, in some cases, it's a little more loose, like I'm not going to lie to you. When I was growing up, my parents had a lot of our towels, said Howard Johnson's on them holiday in. My parents would take the towels. Even Courtney and I would kind of be at odds on some of these things where Courtney goes, and She's got solid logic on this, This makes absolute total sense. She goes.
Speaker 3: If I go to a hotel.
Speaker 1: Room and check in, and then I'm done with my stay there, and let's say I didn't take a shower or anything. She says, when she's checking out, she can grab all of the stuff out of the bathroom, the soap, the little shampoo bottles and a conditioner, and all of those accouterments in the bathroom. She says, you can just grab those and put them in your stuff because they were for you and your visit, even if you didn't use them.
Speaker 4: Now, you can't take the giant pump of shampoo that's been screwed into the wall. That would be stealing. But if you are, you got yourself aloof of shower cap. Never use the shower cap in my damn life. But I have fifteen of them in the travel bag because that's.
Speaker 1: Why I think. It's all one of those you know it when you see it kind of things. And that makes sense. It's like those items were for you, even if you didn't use them, you should still be able to get them and take them with you.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. Everybody agrees on that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense that you just go, hey, I like this thing from this place. What you start doing from there is called mental gymnastics, all right, that's what you're doing. You're doing mental gymnastics to justify the thing you already want to do. So it's just like when your friend goes, hey, should I date this girl? And he's kind of made up his mind, and you're going, I don't know, should you? And you start listing some things and go what about this and this and this? Your friend has already decided he's going to date this girl no matter what red flags there are out there, and he's just going to use whatever he can to justify doing it. So it probably already banger. Probably these people wanted to steal something, We wanted to take something with them, and when they decided that, they'll do all the mental gymnastics afterwards, Like here's why it's fine, here's why it's okay. It's a big corporation, they have insurance, it's a promotional item. That why are they putting these people on blast?
Speaker 3: They're actually the bad guy.
Speaker 4: Here's the crazy thing. That couple could have just reached out, even if it's like via customer service email to Tully and said, we loved those mugs that we saw at this pub. Any chance you've got a couple you could send our way so we can blah blah blah, and I'm sure Tully would have absolutely no problem.
Speaker 1: Probably not. I mean, if they a couple companies do that kind of stuff all the time, it's taking it into your own hands, which becomes a problem real quick. Injury duty. The era is his own as sheriff who is supposedly leading the hunt for Nancy Guthrie.
Speaker 3: We haven't heard much from that story in a while.
Speaker 1: The Arizona sheriff leading the hunt for Nancy Guthrie has responded to efforts to recall him for quote being an embarrassment for his handling of the high profile kidnapping case p M ACCOUNTA sheriff share Chris Nanos addressed the effort to oust him from his job soon after it was revealed. He says, we are aware of the recall and it is the right of the people. We will always honor the will of the people and that's what makes the democracy. Which is the right response, actually, but there has been a campaign to recall this guy because people are so unhappy with his efforts. I think one of the things he could do is just start a line of communication with people in the media to go, hey, you might not think we're making any progress, but we are. We can't tell you all the details, but here are the things that we're doing. And here's why this case is not dead or cold or whatever whatever. Otherwise, people me included are going to think the case his cold and you probably aren't going to get any big updates out of this. Is it possible, Yeah, but I mean barring some big secrets on their side, I don't know that there's anything going down here, and some people are reacting to that by trying to recall the sheriff. Also, a Florida bill has failed to pass. This was HB seven thirty three, and this failed to pass in the Florida Senate. The bill stated that a man may not marry any woman to whom he is related by by a cousin, a sister, aunt, or niece, so incestuous marriage. It was banning marriage with your with your cousin, freedom, summer baby.
Speaker 4: With your does all out all the other cousin and sister marriages we may have.
Speaker 1: And no, no, they're not banning it. They tried to ban it and it failed to pass. The ban failed to pass. Yeah, they were trying to ban cousin and brother, sister and you know, nephew, aunt weddings, anything with your cousin, your sister or brother, your aunt or uncle, or your niece or nephew, you cannot marry them. The bill to block that failed in the Santa Florida so you can still go.
Speaker 4: Does that mean we can find out who voted?
Speaker 1: I mean, I have questions for the people who vote against this. I certainly go hey about the thing saying you can't marry your sister? Why? Why? Why did you vote that down? And I'm willing to hear anybody who voted against this email tips at the news Junkie dot com. I'll take your email to heart. All right. We got more stories when we come back. One of them happens to be happens to be on an airplane. Just a happenstance kind of thing. It's a happenstance kind of thing. I got, all right.
Speaker 4: I scared me.
Speaker 1: I got more more eclips from the afromantrial and a whole buch more in the final hour, the power hour.
Speaker 16: Of the show, and that's coming up next on the new use Chunky.
Speaker 1: Sir, we've already done all of these things. Okay, it's been a while on the show. When you send in a chat message that says would you like to smoke a blunt on the show or do smelling salts on the show so you guys could try something new, you're clearly outing yourself as being new around here. That's what it seems like to me. Or you haven't been paying attention for too long. There's been so many weird things that have happened on this show. We've checked off all of the boxes over many, many, many years.
Speaker 3: It's just do I want to do that again.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this, there's things that you don't want, right, there's lots of things that you don't want.
Speaker 3: You probably don't want me to smoke.
Speaker 1: Before doing this show. Oh no, it's not going to be good. Everybody knows it's not going to be good. I'm just going to get stuck in my head and start freaking out. This is the kind of thing I have nightmares about. I can't do it. That's not going to make the show better. The smelling thing We've done that before. We've done like the smelling salts thing on the show before. We tried all of these things that ain't going to do anything new around here. But when we stumbled on another new thing to do. Certainly we'll give that a shot, I guess. So, thank you for your chat message.
Speaker 4: I at least read that Sean budget with Jack to go get those weird gas station drugs.
Speaker 1: Possibly. Yeah, we will put us real out. Kevin says, Sean sipped the low alcohol beer yesterday. Anyway, right, Yeah, living on the edge over here. All right, let's see, I want to get a couple more emails in. Here's Mike talking about the shooting story at the beginning of the show. I said, this huge study said that seven point three percent of Americans have seriously thought about shooting somebody. That's nineteen million people in America if you pull those data points out from there. They said seven point three percent of Americans have seriously thought about shooting somebody. And then they go on to say that mostly people from cities, younger adults, so out of the black respondents were more likely to say this. They said, four million people thought about getting a gun to shoot somebody. One point five million brought a gun to a location. It's kind of crazy to think about the targets of these thoughts. This was kind of a big mind blowing moment for me and I know where this is going. When they asked people, have you ever thought about shooting somebody, fifty one percent of the people who said yes said they would shoot an enemy, twenty five percent would shoot a stranger, fourteen percent would shoot government officials. There are your political people. You can spot them in all of the polls. You've spotted them here, the people who want to they've thought about killing these government officials.
Speaker 3: Those are the people who are very, very very political.
Speaker 4: But fully trusted this survey would keep that Anonymous.
Speaker 3: I guess so.
Speaker 1: And ten percent of people said their family or partner, family member or partner would be something that they considered killing. And this particular emailer says, have I thought about shooting them?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 1: But savagely beating yes? Is that part of this? Is that involved in this? No, you're just volunteering now, Bud Anonymous emails tips of the News junky dot com.
Speaker 3: Please keep you anonymous.
Speaker 1: I have the means, but not the mind to shoot someone, but I will admit that, says Anonymous. There are two people in my life that I wish did not exist, and I would be willing to actually shoot them. These people are terrible people who have manipulated people beyond me, and I've witnessed this and have taken advantage of the world around them. And I believe and think most people would believe or agree, are just beyond degenerate. So he's saying these people are just beyond degenerate that he's talking about, so he would consider doing this. A lot of other emails coming out on that topic. I'll try to work in more this person. Deanna says, Hey, junkie, I'm a podcast listener soon behind the Dead. When I was a kid, if I wanted to leave, I would call my mom before cell phones, and I would tell her I forgot my toothbrush. She was supposed to come to the house and throw a fit when she went to get my toothbrush. I didn't clean my room or whatever, and I was grounded and I had to come home right then and there. That way, I would have an excuse to leave the event or party I was at and I could leave immediately and never had to use it that I remember, But.
Speaker 3: We had that in place.
Speaker 1: Also, if kids wanted to go somewhere that I didn't want to go, I could call and ask if I could go, and I knew my mom would always say no because she knew I didn't want to go. She didn't care if we went places, and so I didn't have to call. My son is too young, but I do plan on having the same kind of codes in place when he's at that age.
Speaker 3: Keep up the good work, says Deanna.
Speaker 4: My code sounds cool. I don't know if I would go to the extent of my mom going to the party and screaming that I have to go home now because I didn't clean my room in order to get me out of that situation. Yeah, but good on them for establishing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think I think this all is coming from the story we talked about yesterday which was going very viral, which was about the mom who said her daughter texted her and said, is there any ice cream at home?
Speaker 3: And ice cream at home was the keyword.
Speaker 1: That she was involved at a party and she wanted her to pick her up, and there was no questions asked.
Speaker 3: She picked her up, her daughter.
Speaker 1: Said, Hey, I'm going to tell you there was stuff happening there that I didn't want to be around.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming to.
Speaker 1: Pick me up, And the mom said, I didn't ask any more questions after that, so it brought us into like do you use these sort of cowords code words with your kids? And also if you do, why not, Like some people were saying this person was lying, which may well have been the case. Why not just text your mom hey, come get me. Why are you worried about what the actual messages and that you're sending them the content of that. Okay, a lot of other emails, but I'm bout some of these to the side for right now.
Speaker 7: I mean, does the text message exchange look like, hey, mom, is there any ice cream left at home?
Speaker 1: Here's the address I'm at. Yeah, she really wanted ice cream. That's what the friends are going to think if they look at this. A lot of stuff online shocker, shocker, shocker is absolutely meant to generate outrage in you. And many of the people's stories are fake. There's a whole meme about this, like yeah, you know, yeah, that definitely happened. There's a whole meme about this where.
Speaker 7: People are the things that didn't happen, that didn't happen the most bingo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people will go I went home yesterday and my four year old daughter said, I can't believe President Trump is bombing Iran. These poor Iranian people deserve better. And then when she said it, I had four friends with me and they all stood up and started clapping and was a standing ovation for my daughter's comments.
Speaker 4: And don even spell around.
Speaker 1: You look at these stories and you go, Okay, I think some of these are probably not real, but they're meant to get a reaction out of people online. This could have been the case, but I fundamentally believe, and I'm seeing this from some of you parents who have reached out. I fundamentally believe a lot of parents have these kind of co words with code words with their kids. Here is Eric with a dispatch for us. You can record your messages talk to the show by recording a dispatch over at thenews chunky dot com.
Speaker 18: Here he goes, Hello, Hey news yunkies, Happy Wednesday, great show, Hey Eric, he listen. I grew up in a little podunk town in Pennsylvania, and I believe up until the late nineties they required a blood test prior to marriage. But I also remember when I was growing up that it was said that the blood test was for syphilis. Oh yeah, definitely tell you that they should have checked for some sort of DNA to see if people were related, because I witnessed a lot of that as well.
Speaker 1: Really, there are a lot.
Speaker 18: Of children that look like other people's children that are related to children and so on and so forth. So yeah, I kind of kind of got to see it firsthand. So it was interesting to hear that story again. But again, great show today, Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Eric, appreciate your dispatch record yours on the news Junkie dot com. I have not witnessed that in my life. I know that all these people have kind of conceptual ideas of what certain cities look like like. If I say Mississippi or Alabama, small town Georgia, making Georgia now dueling Banjos kicks up in your head and you start to think there's a whole bunch of people who are having sex with their cousins and marrying in and that I have never wandered upon a place like that, certainly not in my time in Pennsylvania, save a little bit for some some areas of Okachobee in Florida. There's some some little enclaves within Okachobee. And then there's a famous viral video god Cee like maybe you could find this family. There's like this family where they're all inbred and YouTubers often go to their house and interview them.
Speaker 4: The West Virginia Well, no, no, that's that's very close to the fantastic documentary by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found the family. The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia is what Sabrina is talking about, which is a good documentary, but that this one's.
Speaker 3: About like straight up in breads this one here.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that HBO Max?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Hold on, I I do remember, because it's not even the wild, crazy Whites of West Virginia. There weren't as many family mens that it looked like the Hills of Eyes. And I believe the Florida family you're talking about was like one uncle is just like, wow, you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about I'll talk about the Wittakers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he just like they just kind of scream.
Speaker 1: Right, they're from Appalachia. I guess here's here's the people of question soft White Underbelly on YouTube. Oh god, So, I don't know if I could play this or not. They go to their house and a lot of them are blind. They can't see. Their eyes are going in different directions and they could barely speak. And they're all like inbred in this house and Appalachia generations. Oh yeah, yeah, And they just keep it in the family and you can see what can happen. They all do, they do. They all have one eye pointing in this direction, another eye going in another direction. That's so they can see more cousins. Look up inbred family, the Whittakers. There's a risky search for you. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: One of the titles of the videos Thicker than Water, Oh God, what a name.
Speaker 1: Soft White Underbelly is the YouTube account that posted this when I first saw forty six million views, and many YouTubers afterwards have gone to get updates from this family. And it is of the very bizarre rabbit hole to go down. Maybe in Florida before the vote went through, they should have watched this video and then they probably would have voted against this, because Kyle on TJ jat says that will be Florida soon. It might be Kyle, it might be We can't even vote against that. I don't know what to make of it.
Speaker 4: But there's enough of them to have stopped the vote.
Speaker 1: So there is a quite a bit of people.
Speaker 7: There's a weird There's an article on unilad about this family, and it says the man who discovered America's most inbred family says, they've been lying to me the whole time. A YouTuber documenting the life of America's most inbred family claims he has done with him after discovering they were lying.
Speaker 1: They lying about there, they are lying about having some difficulties. I will tell you that it is just abundantly clear that these people are strange America's most inbred family. All right, I'll put a question mark after that, just so I don't get sued. I'm putting this up on see it now, so those of you who want to go down the rabbit hole content, I mean.
Speaker 7: Guinness didn't do their due diligence to find out if they were actually the most inbred family.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. But I will also tell you that this is a very short video. It's like ten or twelve minutes song. So it's interesting if you want to check that out, we'll see if it changes your mind on anything.
Speaker 7: It looks like they may not have been lying about being inbred. They were lying about a death in the family. Okay, it says Lata Lata and the Whittakers have been at loggerheads recently due to the alleged fake death of sixty seven year old patriarch Larry Whittaker. Oh, it was understood. It's understood. The content creator was informed that his video subject had suffered a suspected heart attack. In honor of Larry's life, this person donated one thousand dollars towards the funeral cost, only later to learn that the dead man was alive and well, oh fans found out Larry's death was just a hoax, and an aptly titled YouTube video called the Death of Larry Whittaker.
Speaker 1: All right, I got another dispatch on this, a video dispatch, this time saying the headline on first cousins marrying each other and that bill is deceiving. Here we go.
Speaker 14: That's it on the topic of the cousins bill, first cousins thing. The reason it didn't pass is because there's a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: In that bill that nobody wanted to vote for. Of course, so of course you know.
Speaker 14: We as our politicians, love to put out these bills with this headline, the shocking headline.
Speaker 6: But they don't tell you is that there's.
Speaker 14: A whole bunch of other stuff in that bill that nobody is in favor of. So in the end, it looks like that no one voted for that bill because they want to marry their cousin. But the truth is there's a whole bunch of other stuff in this bill no one wants, and that's why it.
Speaker 1: Gets voted down. What else?
Speaker 14: And I think it's just done along party lines to make somebody look bad. Also, I should be able to outback knives from the old days.
Speaker 1: This person texted in he inherited them from his stepmom when she died. Oh really, yeah, so your stepmom dies and you're going through this stuff and you see outback steakhouse so much. I have a whole set at home.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 1: I didn't steal them, but I inherited them. So anyway, see all, thank you appreciate that interesting additional information at that build.
Speaker 7: So eight House Bills seven thirty three Department of Health Revising Definitions, Revising eligibility requirements. So this is the one that had the cousin marrying thing in. It also had revising eligibility requirements for dentist and dental hyghgienis participating in the dental student loan repayment program saying that the revising requirements for department approval of qualified physicians and medical directs. There's a medical marijuana treatment centers, creating the neurofibromatosis disease grant program.
Speaker 1: There's a whole.
Speaker 7: Bunch of stuff within the Department of Health, and then prohibiting marriage between certain related individuals. Revising requirements for the micro credential component of specialized training provided by the University.
Speaker 1: Of Florida Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment. Wow, show me the political party that is finally willing to stand up and say, in an effort to work a lot of this crap out that people universally hate, both on the left and the right in the United States of America, we are going to bring it up for a vote that every single bill on a federal level, and I'd love to see this on a state level as well, has to deal with one related issue and one related issue only, and they can work that in there. They've written bills like this over the years. They know how to do this. They could do it if they wanted to one particular area of focus, one topic, nothing else unrelated should be in any of these bills. It's that's so that's so dumb. But I guess just kind of how we do it. I guess, all right, we'll get to more of your feedback. We'll get to this story that, believe it or not, happened the way up in the air, way up in the air. We'll talk about that, and I will on the back of a seagull.
Speaker 4: Dragon.
Speaker 1: We'll we'll see, we'll find out together that's coming up next on the news junk Kie. Whenever I see a messages asking me questions like this, Whenever I see a message in Chad asking me if I've seen a commercials like I don't hear most of the commercials on the station.
Speaker 3: I don't see commercials on television, really, I don't.
Speaker 1: I watch a lot of YouTube, and I don't really get commercials over there because I'm a subscriber, so I miss a lot of it unless it's when I'm at the bar and I watched the broadcast networks and stuff. That's why he thinks Burger King doesn't advertise. I think Burger King doesn't hasn't historically advertised anywhere near as much as McDonald's. That's what I think the.
Speaker 4: Only thing I could say in the mornings is the local news commercials.
Speaker 1: And it's a lot of lawyers, lawyers.
Speaker 16: And.
Speaker 4: My favorite the last two years has been the progressive don't turn into your parents' commercials. I can that by heart.
Speaker 1: But drugs, insurance attorneys, and Burger King versus McDonald's has some good mulch.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wanted to bring something else up real quickly, because there are some things that I really think are important qualities of just being a decent human being in a shared society. So often we have anti social losers who don't want to take part in any of this, who try to mess it up for everybody else.
Speaker 3: But remember these are fringe people. They're just like the political people.
Speaker 1: They're very very fringe people that are very very last and try to make things worse for so many normal people out there. But in this case, I think one fundamental thing we should all agree on is that it is a good thing to take care of our planet. And I don't mean like climate alarmism weirdo stuff. I don't mean these people who think like you shouldn't have kids because the world is on fire, and these people who are like gluing themselves to news desks or asphalt or I don't mean any of that nonsense.
Speaker 3: I think that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But I think on a very simplistic level, like trying to take care, especially of your neighborhood, don't don't litter, don't throw stuff out the window of your car when you're driving down the street. I've been guilty of doing all of these things one hundred percent. I've been guilty of doing these things in my life. I do not do them anymore. And even if I see something and it's easy for me to clean up, I'll even help out wherever I can to try to clean up things. So I happen to think that's just like a fundamental thing we should agree on, like let's not pollute the oceans as much as possible, let's not pollute waterways, let's not throw trash out everywhere, let's not do all of those things. However, there are so often all these things that pop up that make my head explode, like I will never ever forget, ever, ever forget so many moments during the pandemic where I thought I was going to explode because if I stupid, everybody was. I will never forget these moments They changed me fundamentally because I realized how dumb so many people were. One of them was after we were being hit over the head with how straws were the worst thing for planet Earth and we couldn't do it. You couldn't support companies that had plastic straws, single use straws. If the bar had that, you better walk out and go the other direction. What are you trying to kill turtles? What do you not care about the environment?
Speaker 13: Bar?
Speaker 1: What are you even doing over here? Right? These kind of things they pop up and up, And then we proceeded to follow that with, Okay, let's let's run some numbers on this celan. I've never done this before. How many disposable masks were produced globally in twenty twenty because we went from like these straws are going to kill the world to making trillions?
Speaker 3: I think ors so close?
Speaker 1: Is not close? Five hundred billion?
Speaker 7: Approximately nine hundred billion disposable masks were produced globally between twenty twenty and twenty twenty two, with a massive surge in twenty twenty following the pandemic outbreak. This represents a dramatic increase from the roughly twelve billion masks produced in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Crazy, so you had shortage, remember, yeah.
Speaker 1: At the beginning, Yeah, there was like a PPE what was it, a com personal protective at PPE. Yeah, short b And then shortly after that, every company on planet Earth who could fire up a factory and make these masks was doing it. And now trillions of these things are in circulation, and people started, as one would expect, with disposable masks, throwing them away everywhere. And it was so much worse than any problem we've ever had with straws on planet Earth. It was so bad. It was in the oceans, it was in the lakes, it was in the rivers, it was in parking lots. You saw them absolutely everywhere. And this is just an undeniable, obvious truth for all of us normal people.
Speaker 12: We know that.
Speaker 1: It was like, hey, you guys are really hard and intense on this thing. But now there's a trillion of these friggin things that are useless after you use them, once balled up and thrown somewhere on the ground, making our world a moment more disgusting.
Speaker 7: Plays, it says on Visual Capitalist, which I wonder if the visual part is just because they do a lot of infographics, because this has a pretty big infographic on it. One point six billion disposable masks entered our oceans in twenty twenty. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's such like that's a a really major thing. And nobody complained about that. Really, nobody was like, well, should we really be using these masks? We're gonna throw them away. But people went nuts for the straws thing, and then it was like, no, everything changes now because you know, we can just throw stuff on the ground and not have to worry about this because of et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 7: I've seen this as a meme with the paper straws thing, but I don't know if there's an actually I've never heard sighted an actual place that does this, but there's a meme that's like the sushi.
Speaker 1: Restaurant having paper straws. Yeah, you know, to protect the seed life. Yeah, what have you? Yeah, yeah, I've seen we saw. We all saw these movements, so right, we all saw these together, we end up seeing these. Somebody says, have you seen the video? Dan says, have you seen the video of people trying to pull a straw out of the nose of a sea turtle? Go watch those videos and then talk. I've seen all these videos. I've already seen this as far as I recall, I don't even know if a single freakin turtle.
Speaker 4: Died there was that. No, it was the one turtle in that one eight year old that started the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even like, I don't even know if there was one ripped turtle from the straw thing. But everybody, in like five seconds it was like, don't worry. We don't have plastic straws, but here they're made out of guava or ours are made out of sugarcane.
Speaker 4: You get one solid sip and then it's going to disintegrate into your drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was a whole thing. Now we had another problem. So this is why I'm bringing this up. I'm not just yapping out of nowhere. I'm generally getting getting into something, okay, And I am getting to something. In this case.
Speaker 4: We have TJ straws and mass available.
Speaker 1: For no, no, not that, not that. But there is another problem that's happening like this, and nobody's really talking about this just yet. Sea Land run the numbers on this. How many nicotine patches work pouches pouches. How many nicotine pouches like the zins and stuff? How many nicotine pouches were produced in twenty twenty five? Like, are we getting up on those levels? Because nobody's talking about this other than I saw one story on NBC News today about this, and it says nicotine pouches are everywhere except in the trash. They talk about how all the nicotine pouches from these zinners. People are just flinging them and winging them everywhere you could think of, to the point where.
Speaker 7: There's signs at the bars that are like, hey, please don't throw your zins in the urinal.
Speaker 1: We have to pick them out. Oh that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: What material, right, No, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: I've never done that off. It's like the zins, for those who don't know, these little things that are like the size of a tobacco tin, and they have these little nicotine things that you put in your lip and then I guess afterwards you just spin them out or something.
Speaker 3: But they're I don't think they don't just go away.
Speaker 1: It's literal trash that you're supposed to put in the trash can at the very least. But people are putting them absolutely everywhere. And let me let me bring up this story here real quick. I know we're running a bit behind, but that's fine.
Speaker 7: In twenty twenty five, Zen the major brand, and this is just Zin, I think, just just one company. Okay, shipped seven hundred and ninety four million cans in the US, with total quarterly shipments reaching two hundred and two million in quarter one twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Total Nickelteene Nickeltein should call it a round team.
Speaker 7: Total nicotine pouch sales increased by two hundred and fifty point eight percent between January twenty twenty three and August twenty twenty five. US market size for all nicotine pouches and twenty twenty five was estimated at five point four billion dollars.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. So you're just talking about an insane number of these. Now we've moved on from the mask to the nicotine pouch. So how many how many zins is in a candy?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'll look it up though. Let's yeah, twenty many zins in one can?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: This says fifteen fifteen in each can. So many dry pouches.
Speaker 7: Seven ninety four million, seven ninety four two times fifteen. Ooh, man, I need some commas here.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do that work.
Speaker 7: Eleven point nine billion nicotine pouches. Those are just the zens, just the zence for for a year.
Speaker 3: That's for one year.
Speaker 4: Way more butts, though, right, or I would know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You think cigarette butts are probably crazy numbers too, if you think about it. But these are the things, like somebody said, it's a disposable society. Absolutely true, one hundred percent true. And there are things we could do about this to make things better. We can drink less out of the plastic water bottles, we can use you know, refillable things. We can do all of these things. And I think those things are good to do, But we sometimes look the other way when it's like, holy cow, this is a wild, wild waste of place, and so many of them, like the zin pouches of the masks, it's not something that people are for whatever reason, putting in the trash can. They're just spitting it out like it's actual chewing tobacco, which I don't think. I might be wrong on this. I don't think it would be that big of a deal if you were spitting out chewing tobacco on the ground. Because the pouches are.
Speaker 4: Different, maybe we can make a biode does make sense. Halfway through it, I'm like, it'll biodegrate into your mouth if you keep it in there too long.
Speaker 1: It says they're food grade fillers, stabilizers, pH adjusters, and flavoring. The pouch material itself is made out of specialized plant fibers designed to release nicotine when moistened. That's what they make them things out of.
Speaker 4: But there's fibers and.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, look, a lot of that stuff sounds good. But you know, you can say plastic in different ways too. There's different different ways to say some like plastic and you like, oh okay, uh an oil, poly bicarbonate, you know, you like reformulate these things. I mean, yeah, is it.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it's biodegradable. But even if it was, like you say, okay, this thing is biodegradable because it's made of plant material. Well, if you dump one hundred pounds of they're not biodegradable stuff on the side of the road. It's not just gonna go away, Yeah a few short weeks.
Speaker 1: They're not. They're never flushed as Sea Lane said, and they're not biodegradable, and people are just throwing these zin pouches or other like nicotine pouches all over. I have seen them in the urinal here at this building. Damn, it's just right there, and it's only getting more and more popular. Okay, we're gonna take quick break when we come back. Final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut and today learned, plus maybe that plane story today learn to wrap everything up on a Wednesday. That's coming up next on the News junk Kie. All right, we're back to wrap it up here today. A couple announcements for for the end of the show. One is if you have been watching on YouTube or Twitch, if you're one of the small group of people who gets the show that way, thank you. We appreciate you. We'd love to see everybody chatting, and we'd love to see the communities. You will always have other places to go after the stream is done. One is the News Junkie Discord. There's a fan discord. I encourage you to check that out. The other is the beta Beta the beta right now that is up for the News Junkie Chat two point oh Tjchat two point h and you can join in and hang out with people over there. It's at thenewsjunkie dot com slash chat. Claim your usernames now if you put a password, you'll lock in that username moving forward. And there's lots of features on there, and the more you chat on tjchat two point zero Beta, you get more points and you can unlock more features, like you can send a peak after you get like a thousand points, and that's like you can put links to photos and people can send photos in the chat. There's lots lots of stuff going on there. It's a really really really cool and as of this week I have the developers they're gonna get rid of all the extra stuff on the website for the news junky dot com slash chat and for some of the watch pages, so it's just simply the chat room in there, which will be really really really slick. So check that out if you want to be part of the beta testers everybody in this month before the end of March. When you log in for the first time, it'll let you claim a badge that shows you were part of the very early steps of Tnjchat two point zero, and that's again available the news Junkie dot Com slash chat Sealane thinks that I'm not talking about the plane story to take away the sting out of it.
Speaker 4: I disagree with him.
Speaker 7: I thought you were gonna wait till like, uh, you know, we have a minute and a half left in the show.
Speaker 1: And here's what, zerlsher Taylor, I'm not gonna I have a plane story. Okay, why to check your surprise. It's a t story as long as it insane and as you might a guess, we're back on then, and we are actually there was a back and forth. A Frontier Airlines passenger said that she was discriminated against and kicked off a plane for being deaf. She says that she was kicked off this flight. Ashley Gray is her name. She says she was kicked off a flight simply because she couldn't hear instructions from a flight attendant. She said, this is because I'm deaf. Her TikTok has been viewed more than a million times and it got so much pressure that the airline responded. Frontier Airline says she was not kicked off because of this. She got in trouble because she admitted to bringing a bottle of alcohol on the flight with her and said, nothing to do with this woman being deaf or otherwise. Wait, wait, but you can do that. You just can't drink it. Drink open container of alcohol with her on the flights.
Speaker 3: And that's going to have to do it for today, folks. Let's get out of here.
Speaker 1: Let's done, damn it, Let's do it today.
Speaker 8: I learned The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 15: How it's done.
Speaker 1: What we call today? I love that stupid playing song. Don't they They really like it? Today learned for a Wednesday, March eighteenth, twenty twenty six. Here we go today learned one of the guys from this group right here, Journey, that's right, Journey is correct. Jonathan Caine, best known as the keyboardist and rhythm guitarist for rock band Journey, is a survivor of the nineteen fifty eight Our Lady of Angels School fire, of famed fire in Chicago from the fifties. Ninety two of his fellow students and three nuns died in this fire of the school, and the guy from the band Journey, who's the rhythm guitarist was a survivor of Was that a small town?
Speaker 3: I think it was actually rangely enough today, learn.
Speaker 1: This guy right here, Am afro Man is correct the star of the show today. I'll keep following his court case and bringing you all the new updates and clips because it's a good distraction from all the other stuff happening out there. Rapper afro Man started his career in eighth grade after his teacher kicked him out for sagging his pants. He recorded this song about his teacher and sold four hundred copies to teachers and students. It's not the first time he's even done this here. What's called Harry Carey, you know, or something like that. This guy he takes what he's given and he makes the most out of it. Thank you so much, Rank and I with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow the same time, the same place. By sending the show, get the podcast at the news Jukie dot com. We'll see you tomorrow. Everybody, come on. I could and I could have pants, but I got a I'm taking the next semester and
Speaker 2: Like a hop they like a ho