Speaker 1: In hockey fans, the moment you've been waiting for is here. The MSHSL State Boys Hockey Tournament kicks off today and we have your We've got you covered with all the actions starting tomorrow on KFA and Plus powered by James Hardy, the number one signing brand in North America. Eleven am tomorrow on the Plus, you can watch the rest of the games today in Class A. It's here, boys and girls, what's happening.
Speaker 2: Let's go enjoy it?
Speaker 3: Goes efforts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I eat all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: During the break, we just showed a Parker Fox the elevator scene from Liar Liar, Right, Jim Carrey is the best?
Speaker 2: How do you not love Jim Jim Carrey?
Speaker 6: And Parker was like, well, you know, like what was what was his biggest movie of the nineties or what kind of put him on the map. And we were saying, like the mask that stretch of like the mask Ace Frentura and Dumb and Dumber. Yeah, he was a megastar. He was making like twenty million a year. He was, like in about the highest paid guy in Hollywood, if not number one. He was taking the world by storm. Liar Liar was ninety seven, so not long after that giant run that he had Ace Frintura two. Terrible, right, it's not good. However, however, I know the funniest scene in that movie, and it's it's the only thing to me he makes the movie worth watching. Is when Ace is in that mechanical rhino when he's spying. He gets locked in and he gets hot, so the only way out is to climb face first out of the rhino's ass.
Speaker 2: And he's been so hot. Yeah, he's in there, so he's completely complete.
Speaker 6: And the way so the way that the latex on the rhino like stretches his face out, it's so great anyway, and.
Speaker 2: You guys are going to see something really special. It doesn't happen very often. You're about to see the miracle of birth and Ace Fintura comes out of a rhino's ass.
Speaker 6: It's a terrible movie. That scene is sixty seconds of brilliance.
Speaker 2: It's good. Everybody on the planet in the.
Speaker 6: Last day has tweeted the power Trip Morning Show and said, hey, dumbasses, you need to buy this. I don't know if you've seen this, but the mechanical rhino from ace Finurer two is up for auction.
Speaker 2: Really starting bid is two.
Speaker 6: Thousand dollars current, it says current absentee bid. Right now, there's six bids four thousand dollars. They believe the estimate is going to end up in the four to eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Rain, Let's do it. Let's pool our money and buy this freaking rhino.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, yeah, because if I buy it by myself, my wife will kill me.
Speaker 2: It'll be a mascot for the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm s if you guys want to all throw in some let's buy the rhino, or at least a bit on it.
Speaker 2: Grand Right now, where would we put it, that's a good question. Well, it has to stay in the studio.
Speaker 6: It's I don't know if it fits. It's it is one eight by sixty by eighty. I mean, that's a huge bitch.
Speaker 2: It would be if like every time we had a special guest in, I'd be like, guys, welcome to the show, Jonathan Gernard, and then.
Speaker 6: Gernard just comes out of the rhinos ass. I mean if you look at the photo. By the way, you should google this. If you google the prop Store auction, it's almost rhino porn. They zoom in on the backside almost every picture, like, look, this is where Jim Carrey climbed out of.
Speaker 2: I know, I know that's what he came out of. Zoom. Man, God, what a great, great seed. It's I remember seeing that for the first time. Yeah, I'm o laughing your ass laughing, like like our experience watching the mime.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in the Aristocrats, I feel like that's not insanely priced.
Speaker 2: I agree. I thought it'd be like forty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it'll go for forty, but right now they think it's four to eight is what it's going to go for. It's it sounds like it's sizable, and even if you click on shipping info, it's like we, he says, we strongly advise all bidders to request a shipping quote prior to bidding the amount it would cost a ship. This is probably a significant amount as well. Yeah, he's huge, and the auction gets a twenty percent surcharge, so like it's gonna be a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Why was he in a rhino. He was spying, so he needed to be in a mechanical rhino. A pet detective. Yeah, he's a pet detective.
Speaker 6: But he got locked in there, couldn't get out, and it was unbelievably hot, so he took off all of his clothes and climbed out of.
Speaker 2: The as he's screaming, dude, it's it just sounds because it's so good. It's so funny. Yeah, I thought he was sweaty. Oh god, it's a seat in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, for sure because in the movie, I mean he was again, he was walking around and he was moving around and it's a mechanical rhino.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Oh man, so good. That's awesome. Yeah, that thing is not small though. Again one sixty x eighty. It'd be a good purchase.
Speaker 2: M that would be so great. What a great thing for the Powertrip Morning Show. I'm gonna click on bid now and see what they ask us to information. Yeah, he'll buy it. It don't matter much time. Password, gotta sign up for an account? All right? Well? Maybe can I suggest a password? Yeah? Indiana Liz two zero six drugs question Mark.
Speaker 6: The actual listing is ace Ventura When Nature Calls nineteen ninety five. Item number four is Planet Hollywood Collection ace Ventura's oversized mechanical butt Birth Rhino.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's what they actually call it. Band named yeah but birth.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: That's so good. Let's buy that. Son of a bitch. I just want to see. I'm gonna I'm gonna name the band butt birth by No, and then book a gig down a dinky town so they have to put me on the marquee. But that great.
Speaker 6: It's like when I told my friend that he was about breach butt baby, and he just hated it because he didn't want the rumor to spread. It's like, nobody thinks you were born backwards out of your mom's ass.
Speaker 2: Nobody thinks that. We just like saying that you are. Oh gosh, here he was born for breach out of his mom's ass. No, I wasn't, seriously stop, who thinks it's real? Nobody?
Speaker 6: You can't be born out of butt cheeks, you don't think so. The other thing I wanted to bring up that has nothing to do with sports, because I can. Who cares the wild one? The Wolves won great, everybody's doing great.
Speaker 2: I know we had heard rumors about this before.
Speaker 6: I think we actually broke it down that Brune Omars has that residency in Vegas reportedly reportedly has the residency in Vegas to payoff gambling debts, right, that that was the rumors. The only reason he's doing that is because that money goes straight back to the casino because he has a giant debt.
Speaker 2: So that account that.
Speaker 6: A lot of us follow Las Vegas locally posted that Bruno Mars lost nearly sixty eight million dollars playing at the MGM Resorts between nine and two thousand and four, with a total buying of six hundred and sixty seven million, according to insiders. Well so then, Jennifer Tilly we just mentioned posted eight hours ago. Man, we got to teach Bruno how to play poker, right, let's get that money in this game. Well the what is it called on Grocker on Twitter when they do like the when AI verifies or debunk stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the community notes thank you, yeah whatever it says.
Speaker 6: No trustworthy sources confirm this claim about Bruno Mars losing sixty eight million or a sixty six hundred and sixty seven overall million dollar buying, So so far it's unverified.
Speaker 2: But what if this is the truth.
Speaker 6: What if Bruno has ungodly amounts of money but the worst gambling addiction since Chris Hockey.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know what I'm saying. What if Chris is it might be through the mud.
Speaker 6: If Chris goes to a meeting and somebody said, someone goes, hello, my name is Peter Hernandez.
Speaker 2: You might know me as Bruno Mars and I have a problem. That's really weird that you just said that. That's real name. Yeah, oh, Peter her name, it is his real name. Yeah, man, he does he's Bruno.
Speaker 1: He does play a lot of shows in Vegas, a lot, which is more than you would think he needs to to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so that does add up a little bit. But as you mentioned, I mean, there's no speak of that. I got five shows at Little sixty brilliant. You're opening for Bruno.
Speaker 6: That's That's when you know Bruno Mars has a little sex residency.
Speaker 2: He can't stop. God, Chris, you're really hitting the casino circuit. I love it. You're here at noon.
Speaker 6: He has an acoustic show at noon, He's got a speech at two point thirty.
Speaker 2: Rocket Club plays at seven, Oh God, story Tellers show at nine. Man Fund Lack. I'm coming your way. Oh man, that's yeah. What's the casino on the way to Duluth? Black Bearry black Bear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice. They actually have like natural light in there, which is pretty rare for a casino.
Speaker 2: No, no, no light, Yeah, not natural something not the beer natural. You need to call that, Peter. It's on my list of people.
Speaker 6: Call all right, sauce back to Asventure at two for assessor. It's just your money and it has to go in your home, so your wife has to okay it. What's the most amount of money you personally would pay to get this rhino into your basement?
Speaker 2: Total? Probably three grand? Three grand? You just just to say, hey, check that out over it be a funny.
Speaker 6: It'd be funny and like you know, lou Dog could get in there and have fun, he could play pretend. Yeah correct, you'd probably wreck a lout of the buttons and stuff in there, but still who cares.
Speaker 8: You're paying for fun? Gare the Bjesus out of Winny and Muppet? But it would be funnier in hell?
Speaker 6: You pay three grand? Yeah, Hawkard, he said, he put in two, put in two like a well where is this thing to go?
Speaker 2: As well? He would have to send it to Little six.
Speaker 8: But yeah, right, he needs collateral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drive that thing up and ask him. You can sell that. There's no gas in the car. I can't pay you back, but I can give you this rhino. Check this out. I'm gonna come out of the butt of it. If we buy it, where we're to go. We can't leave it here at the office. Be in your basement for sure.
Speaker 6: No, no, my wife would not want the mechanical butt birth rhino.
Speaker 2: If a mas vnch you're at two in our basement. Just buy an old truck and put in this towed around with me.
Speaker 8: You gotta have at least four or five of those like storage spaces, don't you get to?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Put it there.
Speaker 1: It would be a good like you know, you bring it to like a remote broadcast like Detroit Lakes, and then you.
Speaker 2: Just charge people to get in there. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean five bucks to get into the butt berth fineo, except birth right, five bucks to sit in it, five hundred dollars to climb off the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put me down for two. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Could we make money not just by holding on to it and investing in it and reselling it ten years later, But could we make money like charging it like you know birthday parties. Hey, you want the mechanical rhino from phrase Ventura too, Guardia's drop it off, bring it to the state Fair. Then Hawk could never see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I swear I'm in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, can't get out of here, guys, you'd rather be in there?
Speaker 2: Man, How can we make money off this? Right? We should buy it? I agree, I've said yes, all right, three of us are in park. Are you interested in? Yeah? Got me in? Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 6: All right, so the five of us are in. We still haven't answer where we're going to put it.
Speaker 2: We put it at the State Fair. What's the most we're willing to pay as a group?
Speaker 5: Ummmm?
Speaker 2: Because if it says four to eight, what if it tops out at eight?
Speaker 7: I feel like some big baller is just going to come in and yeah, out bid.
Speaker 2: We gotta get aggressive. When does the auction end?
Speaker 6: Bidding for this will end on Wednesday, March twenty fifth. Okay, we got plenty, so twenty one days. So let's just start funding. Let's let's not put our bid in early. Let's see how this thing is.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye on him. We'll keep an eye on it for the next twenty one days.
Speaker 1: This is why I could never be rich, because I would if I had like unlimited funds, I would do that. I don't know what I'd do with it, but I would do that.
Speaker 2: You'd buy it. Yeah, you haven't even seen that movie, have you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But it's finishing the scene we're discussing. No, I'm gonna make my own scene. You gotta watch it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got to your thuring the break and you'll see why we think it's so funny.
Speaker 2: The rest of the movie is not worth watching this And by the way, we've built it up way too much. I don't know if we have that it's that good? His face pushing through is that good? Yes?
Speaker 6: It's worth it all right, Taylor in like ten minutes headlines.
Speaker 2: Next, this is the Power If you want tot you on the fan? Hey, Corey, Yes, sir? What's your podcast about businesses.
Speaker 5: That you like?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: So acquired? Yeah? The the latest one is about Formula one? Yeah? Have you heard of it all? Are you gonna listen to it? Do you think I haven't listened to it yet? But no, I probably will. Some really really interesting facts about it that I didn't know, and I wrote down a bunch of For instance, it is the world's most popular annual sporting series when it comes to viewership. The World Cup in the Olympics are not annual. Sure, so when it comes to annual eight hundred and twenty seven million viewers per season a Formula one, Wow, Yeah, that's a lot, I know.
Speaker 6: So that's that's unique viewers. Yeah, So like what does the NFL.
Speaker 2: Pull in in a year?
Speaker 6: Then it's a good question because I mean, you know, I don't it's not eight hundred million, because there's what three hundred and forty million in this country.
Speaker 2: Not everybody watches the NFL.
Speaker 6: We have some international viewers, but there's no way it's eight hundred million. No super Bowl gets what one hundred and thirty ish. One hundred and twenty ish sounds right, Yeah, but most of those people watch the whole season too. I wonder what the total number for the year is unique NFL viewers only there was.
Speaker 2: A website where we could maybe look that up. The word Grand Prix, like ron Prix of Monza, you know, actually means big prize. So they named the race's big prize.
Speaker 6: Which is awesome because it sounds so luxurious in a different language. But if a US company came up with and say this is f one big prize racing chattanoogay Go, that's the dumbest name I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 2: Who came up with that big prize? Call it big prize? That sounds like something I would do, right. Uh. It came to prominence its very first year as a full season. They'd had a Vigil Races for a long time, but in nineteen fifty it came into existence mostly because of World War Two ending, and there were so many mechanical and engineers who had been making planes for World War Two, and so many guys who weren't afraid of dying that you had a lot of racers and a lot of geniuses who came together to make these really great race cars. And it's the only racing series in the world of that caliber anyway where the cars are just race cars. They're not patterned after a Mustang or anything like that, you know, and they're made from scratch. So the engineering is unbelievable. But that's a really cool podcast about this. Even if you're a casual racing fan, the amount of money and the amount of technology and the history behind this series is unbelievable. I only know one person that really, really really likes F one swavied swavied. Yeah, he loves it. Your brother loves you, really loves does he really?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's loved it. He's loved it before it got super popular. Just a gamble on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. Yeah. You know what else he likes to gamble on? What is it? Random sexual hijinks? That's part of it. Yes, you know what else? He likes? Gold medals, Gold medals like America and gold medals. Yeah, yeah, God, I wish we had one somewhere nearest that I could see in person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just somebody that's you know, I don't know, an Olympic gold medalist that just kick the hell out of Canada.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, Taylor Heise, He joins the power morning you, good morning, congratulations. Unbelievable. Are you off the high? Yt still riding that high?
Speaker 5: The Frost did take our first loss the other day, but no, I feel like I'm still riding it. It was like an unbelievable experience and I wish I could keep living it.
Speaker 3: Over and over again.
Speaker 6: How jealous right now is Hillary Knight and Megan Keller that you're here.
Speaker 5: And they're not majorly I'm gonna send him a text after.
Speaker 2: You guys had to divide it up. One of you's gone to us.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 6: Talked about that before you left, like it's it wasn't that far from being the case. I mean, you have the game winning pass, but if it was the other way, if Megan passes it to you, then you're on SNL.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm getting more asleep right now, So that that's the positive.
Speaker 3: I know Hillary Meyer not no.
Speaker 6: So cool for them though too. Yeah, oh it's amazing, man, what a what a what a month or so for you guys. Parker basically said it was the trip of his life. Yeah, it must have been the trip of your life.
Speaker 5: He got to do a lot more than me, but you were stuck in the village.
Speaker 3: The village was very cool.
Speaker 5: There was some I felt like it was like the Hunger Games in there, Like in the dining hall there's just so many people with their their different logos on and everyone's trying to trade pins.
Speaker 3: It's this like chaotic mass. But it was super fun.
Speaker 2: You posted your hall. Sure it looks like you have a ton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Parker got some too own little.
Speaker 7: I did all right, but there's some people there like that must be their like job, like that's what they do. They go to Olympics and there's these guys that were bibbs, like full on, like down to their knees bibs and it's full of pins, which is heavy. They kind of they kind of harass you a little bit. They're like, really want to trade pins, especially with Americans.
Speaker 5: When you leave the village, sometimes you just didn't want to wear any apparel at all because there's this like blockade of people. And then people send their kids to try to trade pins because that's obviously going to be better than an old man.
Speaker 2: So that's that's interesting. Is there a part of the Olympic experience the way you experienced it, that maybe was the most surprising to you that you didn't expect.
Speaker 5: I would think like the room size Grace and I walked into.
Speaker 3: Our room and I was like, hmm, yeah, it wasn't the.
Speaker 5: Day in there, but it was it was warm. Our ac didn't work. We had to leave the door or the window open.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 7: It's funny, right, because you get like the best athletes in the world and then you put them in like a cardboard box with noisy and say go.
Speaker 6: Yeah really yeah, can just go around the room. I'm sure we have a thousand questions, but what's the what's the on the metal? Because we saw a couple of people complaining that they were falling apart or breaking.
Speaker 5: Here, we can pass it around, so't drop it, don't drop it.
Speaker 3: Mine has a.
Speaker 5: Chip and it hit my tooth on the ice, but the teeth are intact, so we're.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, isn't it It's really heavy? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So for the one the ones that were quote breaking though, what was what part of it was?
Speaker 5: It's the like where it connects the stitching, you can just sell It's so heavy that like the stitching. If you were to jump a few times. There was this video of this German guy. I don't know what sport he played, but he just jumped like two or three times because he was excited, and the metal just dropped on the floor.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you can see that this would rip.
Speaker 5: Meg was on SNL and they like behind the scenes were sewing just to be safe to make sure that it didn't.
Speaker 7: I would have guessed, Yeah, isn't it funny that like the quality and the weight of the like the actual metal, and then it's on just like this cheap little piece of cloth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it hurts your neck, like it's really.
Speaker 3: Heavy and this doesn't really do much for you, but well, and.
Speaker 2: That's the that's a little like holder they gave you.
Speaker 3: As it's like, uh leg like this little roly thing.
Speaker 5: I took out a piece of this like thing on the inside because it the like this gets really like if you roll it up.
Speaker 2: What's the word, it's like, uh yeah, tattered.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's already been through enough, so I just took it out so now it fits in there.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 6: Did you get the same thing that the guys rolled their eyes about? Did they hand you those stuffed animals and stuff?
Speaker 3: Yes, but we love them. Tina and Milo.
Speaker 5: We were like our coach had asked us before we went and was like, who knows the two mascots?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I have zero clue, like not even not even a small idea.
Speaker 5: And one of my teammates, Alex Carpenter, who has weird talents, and I figured would no. She goes, raises her hands, she goes Tina and Milo, and then he goes wow wow, And then they're.
Speaker 3: Like they're don't they're not square.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they.
Speaker 3: Look like ferrets, but we got it.
Speaker 5: And the worst there are some pictures of I think someone made a TikTok on Canada. They're like, not only did we lose, but you got handed the stuffed animal afterwards.
Speaker 3: To try to make you feel better.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be the worst. That's the hard part.
Speaker 6: I totally get the winners being like cool, more, more, more memorabilia, but to be on the ice, like watch Nathan McKinnon specifically have his his eyes roll like, yeah, for god's sakes, I don't need a freaking stuff anal.
Speaker 7: And I'm pretty sure like the broadcast goes up to the booth and you know, there's a lot of things happening, but they're on the ice for literally probably a half hour. Yeah, and by the time that the losers are allowed to walk off the ice, like to stand there right next to the people who just beat you in an intense hockey game, like.
Speaker 5: That's gotta listening to the anthems like that's the most special part too, Like I kind of forget is we didn't hear an anthem at all, like during the entire time, which does save you a lot of time prior to the game, but they save the winning anthems for the end when you win. Yeah, and they go I think they go third, second, first, and they do all three of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because like you know, usually in the Frost games, they play the Canadian anthem before the game, then the American anthem, and they waited till the end.
Speaker 2: And that's was like, that was one of the most cool parts.
Speaker 7: To hear it from the crowd too, and you could hear the girls on the ice like screaming it.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was sweet and the crowd was definitely not in our favor other than our groups of people, Like I remember skating on the ice right away.
Speaker 3: And was like, yeah, that's usually how it goes.
Speaker 5: Like I feel like either people don't like America or they just don't like us.
Speaker 6: But so I know, watching at home, I think a lot of us thought late third we're like it just didn't click, Like like you guys were scoring five goals a game and all of a sudden it's zero and it's deep in the third and you're like, man, what a weird thing to dominate so much and come up short. Did you feel that or not. Is it impossible not to feel that fit? Wow, we're actually gonna blow this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love to do.
Speaker 5: But in Hillary's mind, She's been to five Olympics, has been through the every single ones in overtime and you lose two to one and you win two to one, and after we won five zero against them in the prelims, I was on the on a walk with my parents. My dad's like, you realize this next one's going to be two to one, right, Like that's just how it's going to go, Like that's that's just how it always goes. And I was like, yeah, I think it will be as well. But yeah, it's it's like you get in the third period and our coach came in and Hillary was like, all right, somebody needs to be a hero. Literally we know it was gonna be her, but most of us did. She seemingly does it every time and it's it's never a surprise. And then after that we go to overtime, I mean, still are in the locker room, we're talking about it, and she goes, well, who wants to do it now?
Speaker 3: Because I already did my turn, so who wants to do it now?
Speaker 5: And I just think like everyone in the room was like, I want to do it, but everyone was okay if she did it, or she did it, like someone.
Speaker 3: Just needed to do it.
Speaker 2: So it's fantastic. That's sweet. So a cool moment, that's awesome. Is there? This is maybe a ridiculous question, but I'm a man, an athlete, How in the hell would I know? Like you won the gold medal, Like, it must be hard to play a preseason or a regular season game the year after you win the Super Bowl? Is it tough to rally yourself once you've been to the pinnacle.
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 5: You know, we talked about our team being like the best of the best.
Speaker 3: I think we were the best.
Speaker 5: I honestly think we were the best women's hockey team that there's ever been for the US.
Speaker 3: And it's obviously hard to come.
Speaker 5: I'm back and now I have to shoot against Aaron Frankel, and I have to shoot against Gwen Phillips, and I'm playing against Hillary and like, that's hard because all I've wanted for the past like twenty years is this and now I have it. But I feel like in my head, I'm like, well, now I want another one like that. Now four years from now, like I want to be in the exact same spot, filling the exact same confidence that I felt this time around, just in a different year. And I think playing the ped up was definitely hard that first game. Grace I looked at each other and we're like, we got to figure it out. Like it's weird we got we were home for two days and then get on the road for five days to play one game and end up playing like a team that was full of Canadians that wanted to just beat the grab buddy. And then now we're going to the exact same thing. We played Toronto here this weekend and that's pretty much three quarters of the team.
Speaker 3: So it is definitely harder.
Speaker 5: But I feel like hockey is a great game and it's it's just so been so fulfilling for me. So I feel like I have a lot more that I want to give. But definitely hard when you have this that you can look at every day.
Speaker 2: One more kind of follow up on that, it's sort of the same thing when you woke up the next day, Yeah, is there any part of you that was like, wait, I'm still the same person I've waited my whole life for this is didn't I change?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's another great question.
Speaker 5: We had a lot to drink that night before night after, and I remember we had went out and I can't remember if we took the.
Speaker 3: Tram back or what we did, but we.
Speaker 5: Got back and I was like, oh, Grace, we got to get up early, like we got to We're gonna get some things done.
Speaker 3: And we had to do some media and some other requests.
Speaker 2: And it was my birthday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was Parker's birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we had a birthday.
Speaker 5: I saw him after the game and it was past twelve and he goes, you missed my birthday.
Speaker 2: Park I forget about the Golden Molla good year to skip it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, right, yeah, but there was a lot going on, but yeah, we figured out the next day.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm still me and I'm still here.
Speaker 5: But it was just I felt a little bit more proud to be who I am and what I did, and obviously to not have the anxiety of having to play another game.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine how hard it would have been to fall asleep if you hadn't had a bunch of drinks. Just riding that high, riding that adrenaline. It might have been like eight in the morning. You try me tossing and turn it. That was very cool for you. It must have been unbelievable for your parents. To The top story on ESPN dot com was what's your brother's name?
Speaker 8: Is a Nate?
Speaker 6: N Nate hit the game winning three for Iowa State, and then it said let's so like and then it said in sister scores or has like a game winning pass or whatever. So it was like, heizy family number one story on ESPN dot com.
Speaker 5: What's your parents unbelievable, unbelievable, amazing And I text them both before this to make sure they listen, so I hope they're they're listening right now.
Speaker 3: But they're amazing.
Speaker 5: And I remember I waved to my mom and my dad up in the stands, and I could see my mom crying and trying to zoom in on her camera. My dad's got his galaxy or whatever and he's trying to zoom in, trying to figure it out. You know, that picture was terrible, But yeah, it's so great for them. I think they've done such a great job with me and my brothers. And my youngest brother had thirty and fourteen that week.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't mention that, but yeah, it would be. Yeah, he didn't get credit third child syndrome. Sometimes it happens. He plays it with no A state. They lost out this week, but he did. He did have a really good week as well, and als where goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loves.
Speaker 5: It and he like, I just think my parents are great and they're they're ones that have pushed me my entire life. And I feel like I've I've been made for these moments, and so like Nathan as well. And we were watching him players on it the other day too, and it's just fun to see everyone at their best.
Speaker 8: Uh, you've won at every level. Everything you've done you win at. What is your main motivation?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: What keeps you going? What keeps you wanting to? I mean, you've won a gold medal, you want to? You played varsity is like a seventh grader? What keeps you motivating winning?
Speaker 5: I think even if I were to lose, I think that's a way to find a way to keep being better. And when I didn't make it in twenty that was my motivation for this one and now for the next one, it's gonna be that exact same thing.
Speaker 3: Like I want to. I want a partner for my gold medal.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's it's just the games so fun, and I do need a reminder of that sometimes because I am very like hard O about it sometimes when I need to like train and be ready for all this stuff. And now it's crazy to think that I won't have another game that's that crazily important, like a gold medal game in the Olympics, for another four years. But like, four years is a lot of time to get better, and I want to be the best and go out on a on a good note when I choose to, so it'll be exciting.
Speaker 6: So I caught I was obviously falling both of your social media's while you guys were over in Italy. You know, Parker got to sit next to Jason and Kylie for a second or whatever the Kelsey's I know you met Snoop, Sure did. I saw that the entire team got to meet Seth Myers.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 6: Give me the other list of celebrities in those two or three weeks that you crossed paths with.
Speaker 3: It's fun too.
Speaker 5: To like in the village, like Uta Leirdam, she's the Netherlands speed skater. Britney always Hillary's girlfriend, which we love, like I feel like our sorry, and then just a bunch of people on the inside. I didn't end up meeting Kelsey's I was all out and about and when we had seen them, it just didn't add up.
Speaker 3: But the snoop one was so cool because he.
Speaker 5: Was wearing his iced out chain and he told Leila Edwards on my team, he goes, you guys win, I'm gonna have all these I'm gonna have one made for each of you guys.
Speaker 3: Haven't gotten them yet, but expensive.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think, who of Martha Stewart?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 5: I didn't see Martha Stewart, No Janey Tucci. So my teammates went to breakfast with him. I didn't. I did not get to go. But I felt like just from Afar, there was so many people that that were there. Was it Yokovic at figure Skating?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm there, Tom Brady was.
Speaker 7: I feel like for you guys though, like they're just I mean, they're there as fans, right, they're obviously going to be put on the broadcast, but like they don't know, like you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean, they're not skating the crowd like it's right, well, and what about like on social media, did you see tweets or posts of somebody like that either specifically shouted out you or the team, And you're like, this is so cool that the whole world watched us.
Speaker 5: Dude, I know Fellino, Fellino, DM me. I was going through I'm subird A bunch of different really, Kaitlyn Clark, me and her were chatting.
Speaker 3: Back and forth.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think there's a there's a bunch of people.
Speaker 7: But it's funny Becausekaylyn Clark was literally going to Milan like the next day for like a Prada Fashion Week or something like that.
Speaker 3: I missed.
Speaker 5: It's been a few years of making I go, yeah, girl, I've been I've been at you king wow. But there was so there were so many people, and I'm just thankful for everyone that reached out and took me a few days to get through the text the instagrams and and the tweets and all.
Speaker 3: That, but yeah, super grateful.
Speaker 5: It was an amazing moment and I got a lot of videos and a lot of pictures to forever remember.
Speaker 2: So Gold medalist Taylor Heisei is our guest. Two quick questions Number One and I could tell by your fiances social media feed that there was a lot going on in the stands as far as chirpye on the ice, was there a specific chirp that came from the other team that you were like, I can't even be mad. That's pretty good or was it that happening?
Speaker 3: So a lot of them.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're lighting us up in like another country's language, Like when we played Italy. For those that watched or found out later on, it was brutal. It was like they purposely were hitting us. I've never played in a game like that, Like they were purposely trying to hurt people.
Speaker 6: Was that the game that you shot them like fifty five to six?
Speaker 3: And their goalie was phenomenal. I will give her.
Speaker 5: There's a picture of I gave Murphy back to her pass and she like literally had to tap it in and she did and the goalie puts her stick down and wax it away, and it's just like things like that just don't happen in games like that. And there was like two of our teammates like they were going after Hillary pretty bad, and we're like we should just sit here, like she doesn't need to play in the game that we're gonna win six zero.
Speaker 3: They're purposely trying to hit us.
Speaker 5: And I know for a fact going through the line and I'm and I know that they were saying things in Italian.
Speaker 3: I don't speak Italian, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: So really sore losers, yeah is what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And Canada didn't the men's team get completely trounced to I think Italy just.
Speaker 2: Has bad hockey. I think they both genders. I want to.
Speaker 5: Say, they got an automatic bid, so it's not like they were supposed to be there. And now that that team did get fifth or something, they will we will see them at the.
Speaker 3: World Championship two.
Speaker 7: And the Italian women's team they had like I don't know exactly how many, but they had a bunch of former Canadian Olympians that.
Speaker 2: Played for Canada.
Speaker 3: Former Canadian Olympian you just have to live over.
Speaker 2: There for interesting.
Speaker 7: So imagine that, right, you used to play for Canada and you know that the US is going to play Canada, you might as well go out there and try to beat beat the Americans up a little bit.
Speaker 6: This is like Nancy Carrigan Tanya Harding all over again. The Italian were the Galuleis of the.
Speaker 5: Twenty six of them and honestly, like it's weird, but their head coach has connections back to Montreal, which is like Pulan and Stacey and the major majority of like the leaders on Canada's team that's there where they play. And then Pulan's brother was their skills coach, so he was on the bench, which, if you know anything about it, hockey is very political like that and things like that happened, but it was just funny. We didn't learn it until after the game. We're like, oh, that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Sure, yeah, And you know the way that Hawk just introduced you to like gold gold medalist Taylor Heisei, Like that's permanent nowt right, Like that's that is Yeah, you can be ninety and still say gold medalist Taylor Heisey, Like that's something that's crazy unless some of you had like steroids or something.
Speaker 2: That's never anything taken away from all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The PD test, I hope you guys all pass your test.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, And the drug testing would knock on your door at like seven am and they got everyone, I think, and then I think like three people got after the gold medal game, which is like the most depressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you gotta go to the bathroom and everybody else is.
Speaker 2: And everybody's point two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hammer it a lot. When the drug testers showed up to Snoop just sprint out the door.
Speaker 5: Yeah you was there midday. He was never there in the morning, so they never got him.
Speaker 2: Right, was the drug tester like, you haven't done drugs, but you might need to mix in some water.
Speaker 3: I actually got drug.
Speaker 5: Tested after our after we won gold in Brampton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh championships and.
Speaker 5: I in the World Championships, and I remember our doctor brought us in some beers after and the drug testers were like, I don't know if you can do that, and she goes, oh yeah we can.
Speaker 7: Hates beer too, like she's not gonna but it's like you just want to celebrate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: There was Another funny story is Mikelobe, I think what's the where it's alcohol free.
Speaker 3: A fridge in like long story shirt.
Speaker 5: We have to walk seven minutes to where we where we played, like in your gear, so.
Speaker 3: You are walking with your skates. Yes, it will be walked outside and then you football put skate guards on like that, you know, you.
Speaker 5: Know, we didn't even wear skate gard feet because you're like, if you put your skates on, your feet were gonna hurt by the time you get there. So you literally walk high ho ho with.
Speaker 3: All your stuff across like seven.
Speaker 5: Minutes across the the rank outside to get there.
Speaker 6: What Yeah, no kidding, Yeah, I think they ever showed that on though. That's like Blades of Glory when Wolf Burnett and then chase each other.
Speaker 2: Just to get to the events.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, Yeah, it was nuts.
Speaker 1: So between the third period and overtime, you guys had to make that locker Nope.
Speaker 5: So they gave us a locker room closer to the arena. So what we did was we walked that seven minutes before warm ups, got our skates on, whatever, and then standing in the closer locker room for those three periods and then after that you take your skates off, I hoe your way back to the original locker room and then you go in there.
Speaker 3: And take the rest of yourself off.
Speaker 5: But back to the mid club story is no one told me they were in a and I'm just like, why is there a fridge full of non alcoholic beer in here? Like that just doesn't add up and Kelly, one of my teammates, is like, I just crab one. I'm not even looking. We have our goggles on. It's like drunk goggles anyways, and I like open it and Kelly lets me take a step and she goes, how was it? And I go, it's pretty good. She goes, well, that's not an alcoholic, so you should.
Speaker 3: Put that down. That's what I learned.
Speaker 6: Did a sponsorship did sponsors come calling for for a team USA after the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been it's been really fun. I gotta deal with or ring, which is I wear it anyway, so recover. But there's been a lot of really cool stuff. And Parker's been helping me keep track of the things and all the stuff we've been doing because there's been a lot a lot of fun stuff.
Speaker 2: That's awesome though you deserve it.
Speaker 7: There's one really fun thing planned and I joked for a while that she's had it on her Christmas list. She says every year she's ever made a Christmas list, and I always joked with her. I was like, it'll happen. If we win a gold medal, we can make it happen.
Speaker 3: So we're getting a dog this week, So it's very exciting.
Speaker 5: Kind of dog an ultra burn a doodle, so it's a little bit more Bernice than it is doodle.
Speaker 3: That's great Parker put himself.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he didn't believe in me or what, because regardless it was happening. But he did promise me if I won goal that I would get my dog.
Speaker 2: But if you had not won, that.
Speaker 3: Thing was still come in. The down payment was still.
Speaker 2: Than a dog in four years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's motivation.
Speaker 2: If I've ever heard it, that's a pretty good motivation. Yeah, after spending and I know you were working, but after spending so much time around the other Olympic sports, anything else you want to try?
Speaker 5: Yes, snowboarding, Like I've always wanted to try snowboarding.
Speaker 3: It's just very dangerous and.
Speaker 5: I've never skied, so like the snowsports, my parents were like, no, don't even try it. Like you can Tobogan maybe, but that's still dangerous.
Speaker 3: Lindsay Bottom has lost her leg. Crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think ice dancing was also very cool. I am just not built for that. So I would probably say like snowboarding, like halfpipe would be very cool.
Speaker 6: I feel like snowboarding is like tennis in terms of if you're not trying to do flips and cool stuff. If you learn now, you could casually gently snowboarding. Yeah, super late into life and just like half shred the mountain, yes without totally ready make a Micheloblter was super fun. Yeah, super fun, but yeah, probably not a thing you should do while you're still a professional athlete, just in case you take a bad fall and break your ankle and miss that bad Yeah.
Speaker 7: Cold Kim, because Miles Garrett was there too, but that was up in Courtina, so it's forever away.
Speaker 6: So did you speaking of that? Because I know Parker again was posting videos. He was all over Italy and beyond. Uh do you give me the kinds of windows you had to do anything? I mean, did you have very little time to leave the village?
Speaker 5: So like he got to go to like I think two different places like Como. Yeah, yeah, I figure we'll go back there someday. But they went on my off days, so I'm like, oh yeah, Mom, like, let's go and get pizza for lunch. Shoes girl, We're in Venice, And I'm like all right. So then I spent the day with the win goals as normal. But yeah, I like a game day for example, I would walk with my parents and Parker for like thirty minutes. We would always have film and things like that, so very limited time on game days.
Speaker 3: Practice days the.
Speaker 5: Rink was an hour on a bus that was like winding throughout the roads of Milan, lots of beeping, lots of stopping on a dime, and it took us an hour to get there.
Speaker 3: So we'd take an hour to get there.
Speaker 5: It's like a five hour thing hour to get their hour of film, half hour warm.
Speaker 3: Up hour on the ice.
Speaker 5: Our home, so like you were gone for like from ten to four, right and then you're just eating dinner, getting treatment and then watching the rest of the sports. And our rooms did not have TVs, so we all put got ourselves in the bedroom because the USA Hockey bought us a TV in there, and we all sat and we would watch the sports in there.
Speaker 2: It's going to say it's like a hostel Max days when he.
Speaker 5: Goes to like across the hall was Brady Kachak and Matthew and Hellabuck and like we were like literally just directly across the hall and we shared had to share a bedroom which was probably the size of this in one and a half.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's really cool. What about other sports athletes? How how much interaction did you have with some of them that were in that same village.
Speaker 5: Were pretty close with the US speed skaters because of Hillary and her fiance Britt, So we got to watch them and we went to their championship matches and there's, you know, everything like that we got close with, probably more so like hockey, other teams as well, like you're in there, but it's also everyone kind of just sat at their same table every time. It was like middle school, like you had your table on the cool kids' table and all that.
Speaker 3: And figure skaters and yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Were We were friends with the figure skaters as well. Layla and KK on my team loved to make tiktoks and Emberg, Glenn and Alissa Lou also did as well. So we went closing ceremonies in Cortina or Verona, whatever it was, and it was a two hour tram like one of those really fast trains, and we were like on a normal train with people, like we had all of our outfits on ten pound boots on each foot, like Ralph Lauren Jackets, and we were just sitting on a tram and then it was tram to bus to walk to bus to the closing ceremonies, and we got to walk and.
Speaker 3: They had to leave halfway through the third period of the men's game because they were.
Speaker 2: At the game.
Speaker 3: They had to go. It was it was heartbreaking.
Speaker 5: Its heartbreaking, and we were watching it on the bus and as we were walking towards the bus, it happened and all of us were like screaming outside and like hands up, so fired up.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations, deserve it. Yeah, thank you. Yeah, really was awesome. Yeah, thank you. It's great to know you. That's so cool.
Speaker 6: All right, Taylor, heisi you have the what is Toronto on Sunday? Yes, and that's at Toronto. Yep, at Toronto on Sunday road trip trip.
Speaker 2: You have to walk there in your skates, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's tough. We feel to do that, man, and then back home on the thirteenth of March.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think we played Seattle that game, and I really think that it's like the attendance is already out of the park.
Speaker 2: Right now, so it should be. We deserve it. You learned it home coming the best.
Speaker 6: All right, congrats Taylor, thank you, appreciate rats on the dog too, by the way, smart play, smart play, Parker, Well done.
Speaker 2: Parker, Fox Taylor, Heisie.
Speaker 6: The Power to Morning Show returns tomorrow five thirty until nine.
Speaker 2: Nine to noon is next discus.
Speaker 3: You would have a wonderful day, You.
Speaker 2: Too, happen to have love you. Anything's possible. Remember that, everybody stick around. It's gonna be a good day. You never know what's going