Speaker 1: To Cloudie tonight, well twenty six, I have forty three tomorrow mostly Sonny.
Speaker 2: Well look at there.
Speaker 3: Oh oh you're watching this t I commercial.
Speaker 4: FOT machines Pools.
Speaker 2: Yep, and there goes Sus yelling the sea word.
Speaker 4: I love that place because you know what they have my game? Which one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lepercount the train one with the cat. Yeah, man, like forty of them and people.
Speaker 4: Love that you have it? Yeah? Can you play the sound it makes when the cat bonus game? Yeah? When then when you win?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: Oh you got an eatil? Yeah? Yeah, there it is a bonus.
Speaker 2: There goes.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 4: Bonus isn't the best? Yeah, I suppose he could.
Speaker 1: He'll probably be part of the Daytona bet like he usually is. Probably so he'll join us and then he can get a quick Oh yeah, spring training update.
Speaker 2: They got some brand new slot machines coming to Targia Island that I can't wait to play. Serious.
Speaker 1: The Buffalo Tower just opened up yesterday. See the new hotels. Yeah, well they renovated it. But yeah, h looks real sweet. Looks pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: I like the Frankenstein one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Frankenstein one is fun.
Speaker 2: They got a new one called Buffalo spooky meats spectacular. It looks like a lot of fun, seriously. And then there's one other brand new one too, the Railroad Riches.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, Railroad Riches Whales. Oh that's such a good one. I'm gonna watch machine video. I'm gonna play it.
Speaker 3: Yeah that during the news. Good yep, good solid use of your time.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: This is CAF News with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Hey, what is it?
Speaker 1: H is it shocks on on the on your car?
Speaker 4: What? Like?
Speaker 3: I'm watching these gals. I'm watching the gals do moguls right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 4: How do their knees hold up shocks and springs?
Speaker 3: It just looks like they're getting obliterated on every mogul. But man, they must have the strongest like knee joints in the world. How do they do that?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: It looks like that they just get absolutely.
Speaker 4: Torqued, like crazy crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Railroad Riches is the greatest slot machine of all time.
Speaker 2: That's an exaggeration. That's funny. You're saying it because I'm part of a tournament.
Speaker 4: Treasure playing that game.
Speaker 2: No determined, which is the best slot machine.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's that one, and it's not close.
Speaker 2: You're wrong.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite?
Speaker 2: And it depends on the moment, But I like the Frankenstem. I think right now it's my favorite one.
Speaker 4: I need more. Yeah, that's a good one. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: A man who was detained by Arizona authorities for the alleged kidnapping of Nancy Guthrie says he had no idea who she was. Eighty four year old mother of Today's Show hosts Savannah Guthrie, was reported missing from her Tucson home. There were first this morning. The man was released until reporters it was the first time he had heard of Guthrie. So apparently they got the wrong guy.
Speaker 3: So I wonder why they arrested him though, right, there must have been some reason. Why do they think and maybe they're not going to say yet, because maybe he fits a description of somebody that they were convinced. Who knows, but man picked up the wrong guy.
Speaker 2: Man watched him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had a ring cam. Oh, it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: As they said the last end of the news, it's the definition of the boogeyman.
Speaker 4: You fear that your whole life. Man.
Speaker 1: The speculation is that his phone because he's a delivered he works as a delivery driver in the Tucson area, that that might have pinged in that area. And then they also, I think he said that they showed him a picture from that ring cam and said that he looked like that or something.
Speaker 3: So all you can see is the eyes. Yeah, so you got to have pretty similar eyes. I guess the moms. By the way, again, if you're a delivery driver and you were in the area they pinged it and you were in the area, one hundred percent, you should question the person. There's nothing wrong with going, hey, you were in the area, what did you see?
Speaker 4: Where were you?
Speaker 3: Pretty easy alibi to say, well, I'm a delivery guy, that's why I was there. You can see the order. I was three houses over. Whatever the deal is. That seems like a pretty easy fix. But still do your due diligence. The guy was in the area, figure out what he was doing.
Speaker 1: And it was crazy because they they raided his house. The house that he lived in was his mother in law's, and she ended up talking to the media right away, did a bunch of live interviews saying that we don't know anything about this, We don't know whatever, her son was playing Nintendo, she says when they broke down the door, So you can imagine how scary that would be to just be playing video games and all of a sudden, the FBI is coming through your door.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a while it was so you gave a full interview, said it was definitely not him, and obviously the evidence he was.
Speaker 4: I think he was pulled over while door dashing.
Speaker 3: With his family, which means the customer complained, yeah, where's my dairy Queen Blizzard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're detained by FBI.
Speaker 3: And you know, there's a obviously there's a chance the kid was playing like Nintendo Switch, But doesn't that sound like a mom thing to be like, what was your son doing?
Speaker 4: He was playing Nintendo. It's like Xbox three sixty or something. Yeah, or in five.
Speaker 2: His rivalry is now HBO Max's top acquired scripted series ever Hello Warner Brothers. Discovery says the series, centered around two hockey players, has surpassed ten point six million viewers in the US today, having more than doubled its viewership since the December finale. Says a few households, including one in Minnesota, have watched it fifty seven times.
Speaker 1: Just the first couple of episodes. Ye, and just one of them in that Household.
Speaker 2: Season one is available on Skinemax.
Speaker 4: It's uh, it's crazy, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm happy, happy to see the success, but I'm still I'm stunned. I thought this would be very, very niche, but actually it turns out the women love it, the women, especially obviously my women.
Speaker 3: He's not wrong, honestly, so many stories of the time. He's not wrong. The gals are like loving this show.
Speaker 1: And the problem is, you know, there's a lot of women who are loving it and doing it in cool ways. But then there's like the fan fits that are coming out of I love every hockey player is gay now apparently every like which ones?
Speaker 4: Name them? I mean, I think name any of them. I'm not going to do that. You do it?
Speaker 1: You a fan fix about all of them. Macklin, Celebreni and Will Smith have something it's gross.
Speaker 4: Well they do, No, they don't.
Speaker 2: Is he getting jiggy with it?
Speaker 1: But they're like confronting them in elevators and stuff.
Speaker 3: It's well, but again a lot of people have pointed out I believe I was one of them that if you look at the two main characters. It looks a little bit like Corilla and Spurgeon, does it not? It looks almost exactly like those are the two way model. Those people after Jarrett Spurgeon and Corill caapriz Off. Has anybody asked those too if they have a heated.
Speaker 1: Rival is named Heliah? So yeah, it's a little weird. Yeah, no, I mean it's great, like I said, really good. Just it's uh, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Actually, and again for the I don't know ten thousandth time to everybody that's emailed, tweeted, texted, called, us, asked us on the street. I don't know what Tommy thinks of it. I don't know if he's seen ask him tomorrow. Yeah, I have no idea. That's the number one question I've been asking in the last month or so is what did Tommy think about he had rivalry?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He has to be getting asked that a lot too, probably fifty times right now, asked no idea.
Speaker 4: Somebody remind us to ask him tomorrow. He also told me last week when he was texting me to tell me that he wasn't coming in tomorrow. He has a baby birds.
Speaker 2: He's not coming tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No, that he was last Thursday.
Speaker 1: Is a baby bird story getting baby Okay, look, here's the deal.
Speaker 3: And I mean, see, I don't know. I don't know if I know this story or not, or if it's just in the back of my head. But I'm going to spoil the story. It's going to be schmole. It's going to be that one of them baby birded the other one story.
Speaker 4: No no, oh, he told that story in here.
Speaker 2: You guys weren't in it for that.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. But again, they all blur together. I've heard all of them.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's real and what's not anymore.
Speaker 2: This one will blow your mind. Then, I can't believe we didn't say this one there. It's not even that, it's it's horrific. Oh god, it's not sexual in nature for once?
Speaker 4: What's suggestic? Can you? Can you? You know the whole story?
Speaker 2: I churtris warn He said on theres about ice, and I don't mean not the age, the cold stuff, and about how his mom was was worried about uh yes, teeth. Yeah, so she would chew up their eyes for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they need to be studied. And this was like four years. I think, yeah, I think you're correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she would chew it up. Yeah, so it wouldn't hurt their wouldn't hurt their loves. Yep.
Speaker 3: For those of you who watched the Amazon Prime show The Boys, this would be like episode one of Homelander's origin story. Yes, right, Why why is Homelander the way that he is? Well, he got baby birded ice till he was fourteen and if you've seen that show, and you should, it's fantastic. He also does like to get fed by his mother.
Speaker 2: He does what's the stuff I called it earlier?
Speaker 4: Hooter juice? I believe is what you called it?
Speaker 3: When is that that final season this summer? I think right of The Boys final year, final season.
Speaker 2: I can't blame Hi when she whips those things out.
Speaker 3: This show's fantasy. That was Elizabeth Shoe too, right April eighth, sau you got to catch up before that. I know your your wife's not in, but you this is your show man. How I still think Stranger Things is right in Chris's wheelhouse because of the time he grew up. It's a really good show and it's gonna be nostalgic for Chris.
Speaker 4: They somebody, somebody.
Speaker 3: Whoever created The Boys said we got to get Sauce to watch this and wrote it for you.
Speaker 4: All Right, you love superhero movies? Three episode? You love superhero movies? Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: You love gratuitous nudity and gratuitous violence.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do. You love a lot of action. Yes, you love a lot of dirty jokes. Yep, it's got all of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I don't watch. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The company that brought you the Yellow pe tracker has now taken science on farting to the next level. A fart tracking sensor is going to be attached to your underwear. Turns out that farts are also part of the mundane things that science has yet to fully explain, an issue this sensor purports to address. A paper published today introduces smart underwear time of device that snaps into your undies to track your gas. The electro chemical sensor detects the hydrogen and other gases generated in your gut, providing the user with information about gut microbial microbial activity. It's the first non invasive device to objectively measure flatus and never heard it so, Like Zach said, I'll take invasive device.
Speaker 4: Yep, some flattest the lady and showgirls.
Speaker 2: Flattest was your grandma's name?
Speaker 1: Why that wasn't that wasn't nice by those people, Connor flatt.
Speaker 2: Excessive gas in your digestive system typically is the reason for farts. Hello, look at that got a little no but in your cheeks?
Speaker 4: No age cheeks.
Speaker 3: Look it sounds insane, But what's gonna happen in our lifetime too? Obviously in our lifetime we are gonna be hooked up to our phones the same way a car has. Check engine lights, check oil light. Like, yeah, we are gonna be centered twenty four hours a day. So if something's off with your urine or your vehicle matter, or your flattest or your we're gonna get an instant notification going like something's wrong, go to the doctor, or not even something's wrong. They say, here's exactly what's wrong. Yeah, check your a cheeks, check your a cheeks.
Speaker 2: I kid you not. There's a link where you can join the world's first scientific expedition into human flatus.
Speaker 3: God, your dad's Paul, please do this. Take one for the team and do this for the show.
Speaker 8: Check my farts. Yeah, join this experiment. Here's how you journey. You complete the human Flattus atless surveys survey. You receive the smart underwear device by mail. You wear the device outside of your own We're for at least three consecutive days twenty four hours a day. You log your food in the mobile app, which includes taking a photo of your meal, and then you complete a brief survey after wearing the Flatus device. Get fifty dollars Tango gift card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, man, you want a fifty dollars Tango gift card right.
Speaker 1: Angle and a brance list your ace gase your ace gasee.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, you can do this. Tango fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just look up a human flattus.
Speaker 4: How do you spell flattys fla t us.
Speaker 2: I'm signing up right now. I think I they're gonna be like, you need to go get a good looking at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to get a good looking at it.
Speaker 1: You're definitely, I mean, you don't need to know when you have spaghetti, Like that's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be Am I pregnant or lactating? I'm not pregnant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't have any hooter? Are you lactating?
Speaker 2: I certainly am boy, why would you be willing to wear the smart underwear in your device? Yeoh duh?
Speaker 1: Wait, whatever happened to your pen pal lady the caged from last week?
Speaker 2: I got back to me.
Speaker 4: How many different gals did you write to? Seventeen? So you're over seventeen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, her name Margaret York or something like that.
Speaker 2: Called her chesty magesty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could have called her chesty mcguesty.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I said. I mean, literally, you just repeat it more?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: It was just reiterating the obvious point that he had just said one point three seconds before that.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, are you awesome?
Speaker 2: Are you making fun of ce mcgeeesy mcgusty you heard me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Not one of them replied, not a single one.
Speaker 4: It probably takes a while, you know, they gotta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're too laundry and chores around the prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Plus if they read your letters, you know, because they probably have to when they're coming in, right, they're all busy vomiting. I sent pictures of me wang, Why.
Speaker 4: Did you send pictures of your penis?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get it over with right away and let him know what they're dealing with.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 4: Let them know what you're dealing with. Hey, you don't have to mock me all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hain't bad and he's a little chubby, but that thing's oblong and abduce.
Speaker 4: It's oblong and them toos. Oh man, it is fun being you. Is this?
Speaker 6: This is the man? This is a good gig. Oh j it's the best gig on the pretty good gig. But you will also as opposed. It is repeating everything Chris says. Once in a while, you actually have to tell us sports, and that's what's next, Yes, sir, so, so walk us through sports after this. This is the Power Chip Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 5: It's time Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 1: The US women's hockey team Crush Canada five nothing yesterday to improve the four to zero in the Olympics and their third straight shut out victory. They've outscored their opponents twenty to one. They are the top seed in the knockout winning.
Speaker 2: Let's go, they did it. You don't seem excited.
Speaker 4: I'm pumped. Do we know who they play yet?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Who do they play?
Speaker 2: Chile?
Speaker 4: Oh? Okay, it's US.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know what your continent, Chile is on yes, Zach, Yes, you know, I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, South America. You're good, Man, You're good. But nailing it.
Speaker 1: H The two corries yesterday won silver in mixed doubles curling.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool again, first ever.
Speaker 3: Woman to get a curling medal for the US and first ever US mixed double curling medal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was sweet. When does the regular curling start? We can ask Tyler in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Uh. The men's hockey team Zacho.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow they battle Latvia at two ten. Here it is man the finally the Long Way, a return of the National Hockey League players to the Olympics. Cannot wait to uh steam all this lot Via team and everybody else in the preliminary around basically and again kind of a I mean, it's it's not a everybody else because you know there's definitely it's more than just US and Canada on the men's side. But be fun to see the wild players on all the teams of course, and uh, it would be fun fun Olympics.
Speaker 4: So I cannot wait till tomorrow. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Give me a list of famous players in the history of the NHL from Latvia.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, I don't even know. Yeah, who's one of them?
Speaker 2: Hawk David nerm missed him?
Speaker 4: I mean he's right again?
Speaker 2: Uh Bill bloody testicle? Johnson?
Speaker 9: Oh poor pill ye and uh oh what jol talk? Of course I was about to say, of course he was going to say that, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Former wild player. Yep, sure, Coby are Is he the one that's no longer with that's correct? How did he die?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 1: I believe it was some heart related condition in the Uh yeah of Darby Hendrickson.
Speaker 4: Oh I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn dude, damn Daniel.
Speaker 4: That sucked.
Speaker 1: I was I was a kid when that happened. I was pretty young and I was a big jell talk fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah that sucks. Man.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you had to put an over under on goals scored by the United States men's team tomorrow, would like six and a half be the number?
Speaker 3: I mean, why you want to bet?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: You want the over? Yeah you think they get to seven? Yeah, I'll take the under. Wait, what do you know that I don't know? Is it like running clock clock? I catch it?
Speaker 1: It was my born name. What do you know that I don't know. Well I think that I don't know. I don't think Latvia hockey is any good.
Speaker 3: No, never mind, I don't want to bet you on anything. Why I gotta stop betting on things? Well, you're gonna bet on NASCAR that you know zero about?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: No, him, not you.
Speaker 1: I have the official lines. US is minus three and a half tomorrow, Canada is minus two and a half over check you Switzerland three and a half point.
Speaker 4: What's the what's the goal total for the US Latvia game? Though?
Speaker 5: Over?
Speaker 4: Under is six and a half.
Speaker 3: So you think the US though themselves will scull over seven or seven or more?
Speaker 4: I mean, I would guess, man, I have to take the under. Then, well, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to bet with you anymore. I can't do it. I gotta stop betting onwards. Yeah, and then Canada women take on Finland tomorrow. Let's see here. The Timberwolves battle the Blazers tonight at seven pm. It's the last game before All Star Weekend, which is in LA this weekend. Your Wolves are thirty three and twenty two and our seven and a half point favorites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: The All Star Game is I don't is it it's like four different games were like they played. I don't understand it anymore. They should just can't Yep. Nobody cares right Team USA and who do they pick of their as their opponent Australia yep, the world? What bits that nor McDonald The All Star Game twenty five years ago was sweet?
Speaker 4: Now it's just terrible.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you the story real quick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's sports related, all about how.
Speaker 2: I just got this just now from the athletic Australian captain. I think it's his cricket. Australian captain Mitchell Marsh was ruled out of his sides opening match against Ireland at the Men's T twenty World Cup accident. I'm getting all flustered. You'll find out to buy in a moment opening match against Ireland at the Men's T twenty World Cup after suffering internal testicular bleeding in a training ground accident. Marsh thirty four, was struck in the groin by a ball and training earlier this week. He did his pre match captain's press conference as scheduled, but was not able to play in the game on Tuesday. Steve Smith, Australia standby player and former drummer for Journey, So that is a deep cut.
Speaker 4: I'm glad he's got a second career has.
Speaker 2: Been called up as cover from Mars. Statement from Cricket Australia said he's experiencing ongoing pain and discomfort. Scans have confirmed internal tescular testicular bleeding. He will require a period of rest. Please keep him in your prayers.
Speaker 4: And also with you.
Speaker 2: Thoughts are with his balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean currently, since you're talking about it, technically, my thoughts are, yeah, Travis thinking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Captain Australia and Marsh's absence.
Speaker 1: Man a period of rest, period of rest sounds like he's having.
Speaker 2: I want to see if I can find video of him getting crushed in the balls at Why would you watch that party?
Speaker 4: Are us? Mogul Skier just just celebrating? She must have just torn that up?
Speaker 2: What hurt?
Speaker 3: She's very excited about her score, so I haven't given her a score yet, but she's she looks like she thinks she just nailed it.
Speaker 2: You guys don't seem to care about Mitchell's balls.
Speaker 4: My thoughts were with his balls. My eyes were on the mog Yeah. I can do two things at once.
Speaker 1: I can still thinking about balls watching.
Speaker 4: Can't dribble missus balls? Well?
Speaker 2: Also, that's sweet throws up right on his button bar again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gods, Yeah, I don't know why they just don't grow up doing your own show.
Speaker 4: Grow up?
Speaker 2: Couldn't that hurt my knees?
Speaker 4: The knees, It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So this guy, I guess, got silver four years ago.
Speaker 4: So she is very good.
Speaker 3: But uh, we have nobody on the leaderboard yet for the US and women's moguls, so we need this again. She looks very excited about her run, so she thinks she thinks.
Speaker 4: She did well.
Speaker 3: Now we just wait for Yeah, and that was if you're listening at home, that was her going upside.
Speaker 4: Down off of a jump. She apparently screamed high out. We're not allowed to play that audio caught it back down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Mike Tarrico. He's why does it take too long for them to show the scores? Do the judges have to rewatch the entire race.
Speaker 4: To check they got a review? Some checks for sure.
Speaker 3: First place, Hell yeah by a mile, by the way too, she's got like a four point lead over the second place.
Speaker 4: Easily.
Speaker 2: First She did it in memory of Michael Moriarty's testicles.
Speaker 4: Stop the guys.
Speaker 3: Name the arch nemesis of Sherlock Holmes and his balls slammed. My thoughts and prayers are with Moriarty.
Speaker 10: Sorry stop crack Bob Sing's electric avenue too. Oh man, all right about that guy's balls would break.
Speaker 4: Because we got We'll talk to Tyler in a second.
Speaker 3: We'll get some we'll get a curling breakdown, and let's hope this.
Speaker 4: I can't believe she is. I know it's not.
Speaker 3: It's nuts again. The Olympics are the best, man, they really are. Yeah, man, the freaking best. We'll talk curling in the second with a former gold medalist Tyler. George Parker Fox in Italy watching his a fiance play some hockey. We'll talk to Parker Fox about all things Olympics in like twenty five minutes as well.
Speaker 1: This is the power trip morning chow on the fan.
Speaker 2: Okay, exact.
Speaker 4: Why would they bring us food?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, what's going on? I think because you normally do it earlier. I know, and I think they're super busy or something. No wood location.
Speaker 3: In Yeah, get hearties, go get donuts to holiday right across the three ninety four.
Speaker 2: You know what, I bet they have what do you call those things? Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh cinnamon rolls? They do not have the uh puppy? What are the dogtails?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Get some mile bun. Yeah. That coffee so good. I wonder what they're doing right now.
Speaker 2: What's that place called Tim Horton's They got those were Tyler George's right now?
Speaker 9: I bet Oh yeah, Hi Tyler.
Speaker 4: Hi Tyler.
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys. Appreciate you squeezing me in between your growing injury updates to come on.
Speaker 2: Well, can you talk to us about your groin please, because I heard that it's obtuse.
Speaker 5: Well, it's it's getting some air right now, hanging out in the hotel room in a robe, just watching the Moguls like you guys before going for the start of the Mans today.
Speaker 3: You're you're sitting nude in a robe in your hotel room. You have no clothes on her, your ro zach to talk about.
Speaker 7: I'm going boxers. I'm going boxers underneath. That's about it.
Speaker 3: And I have zero times in my life have I used a hotel robe.
Speaker 4: That's because you go full noon.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I'm a robe guy. This has got pockets and a hood it's full comfort mode here.
Speaker 4: Well listen, Tyler.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long you've been listening this morning, but I'll just say this now, Tyler George. Of course, for those of you unfamiliar, he's one of us. He's a three time US champion, of twenty sixteen World bronze medalist and of course the twenty eighteen Olympic gold medalist when it comes to curling, and he's now doing television coverage of the Olympics for NBC and Pete Dock and all the networks. Earlier this morning, Zach said he was a bit heartbroken by the silver medal yesterday. Could you please correct him and let him know how big a deal that is for us to get a silver medal yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yes, Zach, it's okay to be heartbroken and still recognized that it's a major accomplishment. We were all crushed for those guys with the crazy run they've been on. But yeah, silver medal is such a huge thing. It's the first medal in eight years for the country. And of course Corey tc de loot Zone, the first female ever to win Olympic curling medal. A baby sat her when she was three years old, you know, so that one hit pretty hard for me, but it's an amazing accomplishment and hopefully with all the interest it looks like we're seeing with social media and how excited NBC was about their run, you know, maybe the sparks some interests going forward. It be really nice if either the men's or the women's did well this week to carry that on too. But so proud of our Luthians bringing home another metal and hopefully Corey now moving on girl Corey, so the women's can follow up on well she's playing to help the women's team get on the podium too.
Speaker 4: How prolific was your babysitting career? Not great?
Speaker 5: I did a lot of leaving ovens on and filling stuff on the floor and not really cleaning it up.
Speaker 2: Did you guys sit around and watch nothing but curling?
Speaker 7: Did you?
Speaker 2: Are you responsible for sparking her interest in the sport?
Speaker 5: You know, I should probably take credit for it now that you say that. Yeah, make sure that the curling was always on and that it was in the back of her mind and that spurred her on the greatness and the silver medals, So yeah, yeah, let's go with that.
Speaker 1: Does Corey Dropkin because he's done correct with his participation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he is not on the men's squad, so he gets to enjoy the fruit of his labor the rest of the time. The Olympic medalist, Yeah, wear that metal around, enjoy things, do some interviews, and enjoy the attention he's getting the week and a half.
Speaker 4: Tyler, how does that work?
Speaker 3: Like, once your events are done, do you does he have a room at the Olympic Village of the entire time or is he basically on his own to get a hotel or go home or can he just party for free?
Speaker 4: So, yeah, he.
Speaker 5: Can stay there the rest of the time if he chooses to. I know some of the athletes, like the higher profile ones, fly home and then go back over to the games too, if there's a lot of media stuff that they want to do. I think Red Gerard, the snowboard starback in eighteen, did that. He want on like the first weekend, went home and did like a week's worth of media, then just came back and partied the whole rest of the time. So I would expect Dropkin will stay over and support the other teams and.
Speaker 7: Enjoy himself as he should.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the world's kind of or oyster when you get on the podium, and they were a very high profile uh follow for America. So I think he's going to have a very good time over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: What does the schedule like for our men and women? When are you on television again? And when does when do things get started for our teams?
Speaker 5: Well, we start with the men's at one pm Eastern today is so noon for you guys, and it'll run right through until the final day of the Olympics. The men's gold medal game is the second last day and the women's gold medal game is the day of the closing ceremonies. So it's going to be even more curling than what we had on before with the mixed doubles, with both of these disciplines going free draws a day and always alternates between the men and the women. All be busy doing either one or two games a day and getting some US games in there too. But I'm looking forward to It's gonna be a lot of fun, all right.
Speaker 3: So ballpark, the prospects, the prospects of both teams, who's the favorite in each gender, and where are the US women in ball not you.
Speaker 5: Well, the men's side, the favorites will be great Britain Scotland. They're the defending world champions and been number one in the world for quite a while. But you have the Canadians right behind them, two former Olympic gold medalists. I'm the squad, four world champions on the squad, and the Swiss are probably your third ranked team on the men's side. They've been ranked either number two or three in the world for the last four years but just haven't been able to break through with the world or Olympic title. And then the sleeper will be the Swedes, defending Olympic gold medalists, seven time world champions. They just haven't had as great a quad, but they saved themselves for international competition. That's where they thrive, so they can come out and win this whole thing or finish seventh or eighth, and it would be that surprising. The US team is kind of in the middle of the packs. There's a group teams that definitely could contend to get on the podium, but it's just such a meat grinder. Again, I told you guys last time, this is the deepest men's field in history by long ways, and any of the top nine teams out of the ten can beat anybody on any given day. We couldn't say that maybe past the number six or seventeen in the twenty two games. So our US squad will really have to play the absolute best.
Speaker 7: To have any chance of making the playoffs.
Speaker 5: But the good thing for them is that with this system, it's just top four out of ten and it's straight semifinals, so even if they finish fourth, they only have to win one of two games to medal. So the format is in favor of the teams that are kind of in that middle of the pack that are trying to fight the in the semifinals and they're playing their absolute best going in. Would it be a shock for them to meddle a pretty decent one, but they are capable of doing it. The doubles team was our best chance of getting on the podium. I had them picked for silver before the week. That's exactly where they ended up. But the men's they'll have a decent chance. The women's side, they haven't been at their top form the last couple of years. They're probably lower middle of the pack. Canada is the absolute favorite. Switzerland is definitely. The number two be really surprising if it wasn't those two teams in the final. They've met in every final for every major event over the last two years basically. And then there's kind of a mix of three or four teams behind that with Sweden, former Olympic gold medalists, China, Japan that will have a chance. Korea, I think silver medals from last year's Worlds. That's the group that maybe could sneak in. So the US is really going to have to play over their head. They did find some kind of rhythm and the Olympic qualification event that could give them some confidence going in. And that's the one thing that both the men's and the women things do have going for them is as our country didn't qualify for the Olympics outright through the World Championships in the two years prior, they had to go through a really intense Olympic qualification event where they needed to finish top two just to get into the Olympics or it wouldn't have teams for the men'sal women's and they both played great and made it through that, so they've already been through the fire and the pressure.
Speaker 7: That could be a factor.
Speaker 5: For them with playing in the Olympics that maybe they already feel like they played their toughest event. But it's been great so far. The crowd's been fantastic. The US has more fans in the stands than anybody butt in the Italian of course, and that could also play a factor too, if they're willing to accept that. I know, the men's team is really high energy, they'll try to get the crowd involved. So maybe it's something where the you know, that energy that they bring and that the crowd brings to them could spur them to a playoff spot that's unexpected real quick.
Speaker 2: Before we let you go, Tyler George again, the twenty eighteen gold medalist. Speaking of that, I read a silly little rumor that the movie is finally happening.
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Is there going to be a real, like, major motion picture about Team Shuster and the twenty eighteen gold medal curling team.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm hearing a lot of the same rumors as you hawk. I saw it somewhere on the innerwebs that they were doing casting calls for extras for a curling movie being filmed up in Winnipeg back in November December January. You know, I mean, I guess that could be anybody, but really it would make a lot of sense if it.
Speaker 7: Was our squad after all this time, So you're not.
Speaker 5: Probably will be more details to follow up shortly, a whole lot at this point.
Speaker 2: I see. Okay, So you can't confirm nor deny is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: I can tell you I definitely will not deny it.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go home. That's something else because guys, I'll tell you some more details that I read when Tyler's not put in such a bad position here. But if what I'm reading is.
Speaker 5: Please please, you can reveal your sources off the air and get whatever details good.
Speaker 2: Good, yeah, because I don't want to put you in a bad spot. And if the rumors I'm hearing is true, this ain't no little movie that we're talking about. This is like a real, honest to goodness, giant major motion picture about our boys from d Luth and they're unbelievable run to Gold.
Speaker 4: So that's a spoiler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I see it now, Yeah, damn it.
Speaker 4: Point well, that's sweet.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Hypothetically, if this was true, it is a major production produced by some major production companies.
Speaker 7: That's talk. Whatever rumors you're heard, I'm sure you'll pass them.
Speaker 4: Along, but I will do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're we I'll say we are hoping that we can say more about it in the near future, but it's not far away, so we'll definitely be discussing and probably come in studio sometimes soon to give full details.
Speaker 7: If indeed the rumors are true.
Speaker 4: It definitely does not sound like a denial.
Speaker 2: Thanks than to enjoy your curling. We'll talk to you and listen to you on the TV. There he goes, Tyler, that's Tyler George.
Speaker 11: There he was.
Speaker 4: I mean, guy has got to be a part of it, right.
Speaker 3: We've been asking Stolehanski and Pat Croft and Nick Swards, and we've asked everybody to be in their movies just as an extra, to be part.
Speaker 2: Of You would think that would be the end of the movie. Whoever's playing Tyler George just a single tear like that native American gentleman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when he has to, you know, try to find Rosie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Parish's credit card plays himself. Who would play Rosie?
Speaker 4: Uh to a tongue. I'm sorry, girlfriend, so not to thank you. Brilliant lord you're getting emails. That was strange. How Who's who? Rosie? Okay, all right, yeah, thats what I ha going to hurt. Haley. What's your last time in.
Speaker 2: The football movie? Our TV show that Powers Powers?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, who just made that noise?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 2: You didn't see it?
Speaker 4: I saw the first couple episodes you're gonna have.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to laugh extra hard the next amazing hot rods.
Speaker 4: I thought you just watched the first episode. Maybe it was the first.
Speaker 2: Corey didn't like it, and you're a I didn't see it at all. Sniffer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not wrong, but are you not?
Speaker 4: Can you confirm her? And I? You're a? I mean yeah, I've sniffed the button.
Speaker 12: Flattess, you're flattest, glass, your hands up, flattest, Gladys wood Hawk, that's a yes, that's a garbage pail kid.
Speaker 2: It should be yeah, it should be anyway. Vikings News brought to you by our friends at rad Co and Rad Kurd. Can't thank you, radcod d kud. How do you guys have any Vikings news at all?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Former Vikings quarterback Sam Darnold is a super Bowl champion, that is true, and he likes and he likes raising knes.
Speaker 1: I guess so is brad Well. No, not Brabruary. Is there anybody else other than form Arnald on Seattle.
Speaker 2: Former coaches like Kubiak obviously Yeah.
Speaker 4: Vegas, Yeah, Vegas.
Speaker 2: That's free. Yeah. Seattle Seahawks quarterback Sam Donald. It was two hundred and forty nine thousand dollars in taxes to the state of California after winning the.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl, lost money winning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what he exceeds the one hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars a yearned for winning the.
Speaker 4: Game loss seventy nine thousand dollars. How does that work?
Speaker 2: A sport of Code reports it's due to california so called jock tax. That means he's got a huge old dong. I guess it requires pro athletes who don't live in the state to pay a percentage of their yearly income based on the number of days they work in California, and Seahawks were in northern California between February first and February eight, giving them eight duty days in the state and all Donald's expected to lose about seventy one thousand dollars. He's in the middle of a three year, one hundred and five million dollar contract with the Seahawks. That's ridiculous, gig. Yeah, but how is that enforceable?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: How did you say eight days of duty and not have sasco? That's your dad's favorite festival?
Speaker 2: Is changing? You're changing.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to make it great because you rip Chad Powers, you're being nice the rest of the Semon Hogs Daddy, he said eight days of Duties, that's his.
Speaker 1: Dad's favorite film. It's like one hundred and twenty seven hours. Yeah, because that's been calendar. It's dumped on eight times.
Speaker 4: We got it. Okay, not all of us are smart, agreed, get that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah again, whenever somebody says, man, you think you're the smartest guy in the room, I go look at the room I work in.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Yeah, that's a pretty low bar. But yeah, it's a pretty dumb room for YouTube chat. Is Rosan the villain in the movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Him and Lavelle? Oh brilliant, I agree?
Speaker 3: Oh Shane, Yeah, who would play Tyler?
Speaker 4: Tyler looked like I.
Speaker 2: Have a name in the one story I was reading. It was an actor that I had not heard of. But then I saw the face. I was like, yeah, that guy looks familiar. A guy's name. Uh yeah in the story here says uh, Kyle Gawner g A l l.
Speaker 4: Any's brother Kyle I spelled again.
Speaker 2: Gowner g A l l a R.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: He was an American sniper. He was one of Oh, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know this guy. I don't either, hm hmm.
Speaker 2: He was in Jennifer's body.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 2: I was too, but a different Jennifer. Yeah, he was in scream. Ah, that's not funny.
Speaker 3: There's a on his uh IMDV page says that there's something called cotton Fever that he's in coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the story of the Schuster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because in his spare time he did a lot of.
Speaker 4: Shirt making.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, he plays James And that doesn't say anything about a movie on his On his Wikipedia page.
Speaker 2: He was nominated for Best Actor for Strange Darlings in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Best Actor for What Saturn Awards. What the hell's the Saturn?
Speaker 2: It's a planet? The car people, realm of possibilities?
Speaker 4: Are those cars still a thing?
Speaker 2: Cars?
Speaker 4: Saturns?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Corey Drapoint, they don't make anymore Saturn Awards are American awards presented annually by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films.
Speaker 1: He played the demon in that movie. Well that fits science fiction, fantasy or horror.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, yeah, man for him.
Speaker 3: The Saturn Awards were created in nineteen seventy three and originally referred to as the Golden Scrolls.
Speaker 4: Oh makes sense, nerds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the story that I read also had a very big name attached to it, very very big name.
Speaker 4: What was the name.
Speaker 2: I can't remember the guy's name, but he was the He played the Atlanta Park bomber. Who wasn't Richard Jewel, not him? But yeah, that guy, that guy. Yeah, i'd heard that he was going to play Shuste.
Speaker 4: Oh that doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Well, the guy's a capable of losing some weight. Yeah, big, big joke. I knew what you were saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, I didn't say that at all. Yeah, saying that ball who Walter? I asked?
Speaker 3: But I mean think if you're John Shuster and you hear that, right, Like if if somebody played me in the movie and they said, hey, Corey, do you got cast as you?
Speaker 4: And I go and they go, man, who man who the the.
Speaker 3: Giant dude from necessary roughness.
Speaker 10: Gilbert Grape's mom, pull your hands up.
Speaker 4: Gilbert Grape's mom would into the fire for that.
Speaker 10: Gods at the movie, you know it's Gilbert Grape's mom, and.
Speaker 4: Paul goes, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 11: She's a woman's the only party, all.
Speaker 4: Right, is that gonna work? That's not gonna be believable.
Speaker 11: We're gonna Parker Yeah, live admittably after this.
Speaker 4: This is the power Trip Morning Show on the fin