Speaker 1: All right back with Eddie and Rocky here on a rock big football weekends.
Speaker 2: On big football weekend. Unbelievable game last night in college football, of course, NFL playoffs here this weekend, but the big news here in Cincinnati, Duke Tobin talks to media something that has never happened before this time of year. He spoke for an hour and three minutes, and I listened to every single.
Speaker 1: Word of it. Well, let's talk to a guy who was there. I assumed, Skinny, were you there?
Speaker 3: I sure was, And it was an hour and three minutes of just sheer glory for sure.
Speaker 1: I told Rocky what little I heard of it. He's such a he's a dynamic speaker.
Speaker 3: Now, man, come on, long, long answers of nothing. This is what I what I call it.
Speaker 2: A lot of times he okay, scared, So let's start. I made a few notes here, so he didn't really He said that, you know, obviously things got to change, but didn't say what those changes are, didn't say what a plan is.
Speaker 1: Didn't you know? It just seemed like those all generalities. Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: No, that's correct. And that's that's the way he speaks. With him with a lot of his stuff. You know, the one thing he did say is that they're not going to add to the scouting department, which I think everybody believes they should. The organization doesn't believe that. He used the word collaborative about a gazillion times, that the decisions are collaborative. He did at least point the finger inwarded himself for the fact that the roster is where it needs to be, and he did say that the buck kind of does stop with him on the ultimate decision making process, although he continued to say, but it's still a collaborative. We kind of come to these decisions collaboratively, in a collaborative manner, in collaborative ways.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I thought one of interesting to do one I asked Duke, and Jason Williams saw it up where I said, you know, you believe in your staff and the guys that worked for you, but three straight down playoff years, two of the last ten you've made the playoffs. Why should fans have that belief or believe in you even And he said, I understand they probably don't.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: All I can do is work us out of it. There's a longer part of that answer, but you're talking about we have excellent scouts to give us excellent analysis. If there's so excellent, you get excellent analysis, and you're excellent in your job. Why do you have been in the playoffs two times in the last ten years?
Speaker 4: Right? So, then Jason followed up with why do you believe? Why do you believe you should still be in the job. Will you look to do anything differently? He says, if your question is do I have competence? Is myself?
Speaker 3: I do well supportly. I have confidence in.
Speaker 4: The people here, I really do. I have confidence and processes that we have here. I just don't understand why you have that level.
Speaker 3: Of confidence, my man.
Speaker 4: I mean, again, the proofs in the pudding, and you can't he tried to throw it up a couple of times. You know, we've shown that we know what we're doing here.
Speaker 3: You've done it two times in the last ten.
Speaker 4: Years, been in the playoffs. And yeah, one of those years you did run to the super Bowl, and it was a good team. I can't say that was a bad roster.
Speaker 3: It got lucky. I know some people pointed that was a lucky run. I don't believe that. I think that was a really good team.
Speaker 4: It was young in some areas. You know, Joe Burrow had was only in you know, his his third year, and so you know he matured pretty quickly for it for everybody involved. But no match, I don't believe in. And listen, yes, you didn't have the more of a Lewis area five straight playoff years, but those teams weren't good enough to win games. And so what you had to show for twenty some odd years of work is one super Bowl run and one AFC Championship run.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 4: That's That's a lot of swings at it.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a lot of swings at it.
Speaker 2: It is And I thought he came off as his standoffish to me. The biggest thing I took away is he I think he believes like the biggest problem even said it. He said, it's where our inability to finish games. Well, that's like a that seems to put the onus on the coaches more than himself. If he was really going to put him say, he would say, hey, you know, our biggest issue was and this is the fact I believe it. I think you do too, that the defense was not anywhere in the stratosphere talented enough to compete week to week on an NFL NFL stage. He never never said that I just can't finish games well. To me, that's like a it's kind of pushing it over on the coaches a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree with that, even though he said, I believe what the coaches are teaching. I believe in the way they teach. I see it every day and ninety five percent of the time things are going right, and then you know the five percent that they're not is what's cost them games. I think it's a weird, bad way to look at it. Man, you lose close games a lot of times because you're just not good enough. I mean, maybe the coaches were good enough to kept you in those close games, and you just didn't have enough talent to get over the hump in those close games. And man, he talked about the improvement of the defense, and statistically they did from the bye week one.
Speaker 4: They did improve the numbers. Bel that that it is a fact. Defense got better. You know, the offense gave gave away a bunch of points. So you know, when you look at points, you go, now, did they But I'll go back and take all of the other teams defense is scoring touchdowns, and the defense did get better. But you won three games after the bye week, and those wins were over Baltimore losing record, Miami losing record, Arizona three or four win football team. So I mean, are you gauging it off of those wins?
Speaker 3: Are you really right?
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking to Richard Skinner Local twelve and Skinny and did I And just like I said, I didn't hear the whole thing like you guys did, But I'm just some of the quotes I've heard that we've bowled. Did he not haul out the chestnut of the same thing every year? You know what? We're this close?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think they got buffaloed last year. They won the last five games, said, okay, you know what, we saw some improvement and we know what are off And I will say, you do know what your offense is. There's no doubting that part.
Speaker 3: The offense is still very signamic.
Speaker 4: Nobody would disagree with that. But you know, they won the last five games and figured, okay, defense got a little bit better that down the stretch. We just need to change a new voice in the room. We just need to change coordinators. Let's bring in somebody different with a different ideas and a different voice in all of those things, and it'll be better.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't because Al Gold is not a good coach either. It's because again you wound up starting two hookey linebackers. You know, it took Miles Murphy a while to get going.
Speaker 3: It's year three.
Speaker 4: It should have gotten going longer than this ago, but it finally got going.
Speaker 3: Your first round.
Speaker 4: Draftics this year was a nothing burger to bring Geno's stone back after a terrible year last year, not add to the safety room, and what did that get you? It gots your bad safety play again. Or Jordan Battle had some good moments, he certainly flashed at times, and arguably it's probably solidified himself as a starter, but they just weren't good enough on that side of the football. And you've had multiple drafts since twenty twenty two to get that thing right through draft picks. He made a point, and he's right about this that you know we're paying we're paying for good players. We're paying for Joe Burrow and t Higgins and Jamar Chason. Unfortunately, the guy we're paying on defense only played seven games and Trey Hendrickson. But that's where you have to hit on draft picks if you want to pay your superstars. And that's all well and good. Most teams elect to pay a handful of their superstars. But then you gotta have guys on rookie contracts. Rookie contracts for those who they not know, teams that players that get drafted, it's it's a four year initial contract. It's very much club control because it's it's cheaper than what they're going to get on their second contract by a long shot. You need those guys to produce. Well, who's responsible for getting those guys tobing his staff and what has not happened. They've not been able to get those guys in the last three years combined enough of those guys. And that's why you're in the buying you're in right now, and you now have to get your toe back into free agency on the defensive side of the ball like you did in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that is the model. That's been the model for you know, certainly the last couple of years. Is you get a in the rare case, you get blessed enough to get a generational quarterback, you paying, and you pay them whatever it is, you overpay, and you get a couple of great offensive weapons, you pay them. But but yeah, you get you still have to build through the draft for no other reason than economics. You can't buy all the best players because of the salary caps. So you absolutely must hit on the draft. Get picks and guys that are getting minimum salary contracts, you're getting contributions from them. I bring it up all the time, but I scoured the Eagles roster last year after they won the Super Bowl, and the most of their roster was guys that had been drafted by the Eagles and had been there. And we're still on you know, rookie contracts.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, they was still made, especially on defense exactly, and and and that was always the Colts model too when I was there.
Speaker 2: It was we're paying Peyton Manning everything, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne everything, We're paying on defense, We're gonna play Bob Sanders. We're gonna pay Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney. Everyone else is pretty much on a minimum contract. That that's how it worked.
Speaker 3: It worked, Yeah, No, you're you're right, and that's up to that. Again, that is the model, and I'm not here to tell you it doesn't get a chance of two. But again, when when I mean it's it's in a decade, you go into the playoffs twice. Something's not working in the evaluation process. You've blown draft picks on John Ross on, Billy Price, on Cedec way He on Jake Fisher on you know, potentially Shamar Stewart and know the jury still too far out on him, and I'm probably missing somebody off the top of my head. That is probably an easy one for me not to forget.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah, he got better.
Speaker 3: I'll get better. But yeah, I mean he's not there yet. You're right, he's not there yet. But you've missed on a lot of Jack and Carmen. I mean, you've missed on a lot of I grabs. You can't keep doing that, be allowed to keep your job.
Speaker 2: To me, Skinny, and you tell me if I'm wrong, But I feel like, what's because I think and everybody I've talked to will tell you. You know, Duke Tobin is a smart guy, Like I mean, you can't be in that position without knowing what you're doing. I think the issue is the destroyer of anything great, and that is comfortability. We all seek to be comfortable in our jobs, but but actually that.
Speaker 1: That's not what we is best for us.
Speaker 2: It's when you're up against the gun every day and you're like, God, if I don't produce, I'm gonna get fired. It just just makes it mean more. And I feel like in the back of his head he.
Speaker 1: Knows that no matter what happens, and whatter what I do, I'm gonna have a job next year. And that's not a good place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree with you. And a future Hall of Fame coach just got blown out after he had a loser season for the first time in a long time and not making the playoffs and John Harball yea. And sometimes sometimes sometimes it just you just need to change. And maybe it is change for change sake, but sometimes you just have to make that change because otherwise, to your point, you are showing the fan base that you don't care, that you think it's okay to do what you're doing status quo wise, when.
Speaker 4: It's just not. And so we'll see how the fan base responds in this offseason and in the next season, you know, with with their pocketbooks, and maybe it doesn't change anything whatsoever. There's just maybe a lot of people banging on the podium with their shoe and and that's all well and good, and I'm not telling anybody what to do with the money. We'll go to Bengals games. You go to Bengals games. But that that that's what would speak volumes. And unfortunately right now that's that's not the case. I think there's a lot of people upset. Then what are you gonna do about it? And that almost goes back to Phil cassolini sip line right where you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Gonna go uh merger skinners our guests and skinning one of switch gears. U. First, let's talk about that game last night. I'm sure you watched it. I mean, what a phenomenal game. Miami is super talented. I give a lot of credit. Ole miss not at near as talented as is Miami, but we're right there. Miami, you know, shot themselves on the foot as seeming they have done their entire tenure in college football. But a great game. And I thought it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was. And and uh, I would have never guessed Carson Deck would be scrambling for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: To win that game.
Speaker 4: I mean it was a a great drive. I mean he put them on his shoulders. He got a couple of calls along the way that that helped, but it was a great, great drive.
Speaker 3: And it's funny. I mean, all the handwringing over Miami, right, Miami or Notre Dame, Notre Dame or Miami, Miami has made their pick and here they are playing for a national championship. And if you thought last night's game was great, I think the night's game is going to be better. And that's that's that's saying something because last night was great.
Speaker 1: I've just got to ask you, guys, what do you see happened in tonight? Oregon in Indiana.
Speaker 4: I think Oregon earler this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think Oregon.
Speaker 3: But I love Oregon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Orgon.
Speaker 2: I think they're more talented man for man, there are more talented roster. But there's just something about And I think Dan Lanning is in the top three coaches in college football. I think he's fantastic, but cursing that he might be number one. And I saw an interesting stat today Skinning and I reposted it. The average age of Indiana's roster is twenty three years old. I mean those are like grown men, which means that I got a couple guy.
Speaker 1: I had a little of guys that are like twenty five bright. I graduated college when I was doing year town. Yeah, my last year was twenty one years old. Yeah, yeah, I was just.
Speaker 4: Having a graduate college at twenty one as well. You just brought Miles Murphy. You know, he's only twenty four years old. I mean, should go. He's into the league for the three years and he's twenty four and you got guys in your roster.
Speaker 6: You got grown NFL level men playing.
Speaker 4: That is a big difference today. Man. All those rosters have been built that way and you can pay for them. Those are really good rosters. But I there's just some Morgan can run it, they can throw it, they can stop the run. They got great corners Indiana tho too point that they just they methodically just whip you. And they've done it to almost everybody all year long. That's a tonight's game.
Speaker 3: I think it's the two best teams in the country by far.
Speaker 1: All right, skinny, as far as the playoff game goes this weekend, let me ask you and Rock any surprises you see, because everything looks to be kind of standard. All the favorites should be the favorites. But looking for any surprises.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a surprise. But Jacksonville beating Buffalo at home, I mean, I think they're a slight underdog. I know a lot of people think this is kind of the last name for Sean McDermott. I'm gonna go that one.
Speaker 3: And I don't think this is a surprise, you know, I think Houston goes in the Pittsburgh wins.
Speaker 1: With that, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I feel like this has got to be the year where Josh Sallen and Buffalo win because it's too talented. Well, we're dealing the same thing here in Cincinnati, right. You said that guy is too talented to not add a Super Bowl to his his resume, and if it doesn't happen this year, man, it seems like it gets harder and harder for him.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's skinny. We will let you go, buddy, take a nap after your press conference today. Thank you, buddy. With the that we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 7: Well from the UC Health Traffic Center, the uc hou's Weight Loss Center offer surgery, come a medical obcity care and expertise. Call five one three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Good news on seventy five southbound at Norwood Lateral we had that breakdown has now been clear toed out of the whale. NaNs back open. Here in Montana, Westwood, Northern McKinley at Harrison Avenue and Erie and Brotherton accidents being cleaned up by police. We do have seventy five selling northbound Mitchell to Paddock about a five minute delay and southbound through the roadwork Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Ladder about a five minute delay. So downs to Cooper. I'm Rick Schremp news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight, cloudy skies, low of forty four, tomorrow, showers especially in the morning, the high of fifty three. It is fifty five now news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: I'm Scott's loan here, and you don't need me to tell you about the fast paced world we live in.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: Sometimes it's so fast and so hectic. You may miss part of my show, but don't sweat it.
Speaker 9: If you do.
Speaker 8: You can always catch the podcast on the iHeartRadio app and here what you missed. It's perfect listening for when you're on the toilet, or at a funeral, or when you're around people you want to ignore.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 11: The best outcomes for treating cancer come from early detection. The James Cancer Diagnostics Center provides rapid evaluation and the clear diagnosis for those who suspect cancer when it might be cast.
Speaker 1: Some absolutely killer rock songs. Oh yeah, Robbie. This was write about the time that the News of the World came out. So they open with we will rock You. So guess what. Everybody was ready to throw the thunder when you get this band out there going yeah, they're they're like kind of like a funk band. Yeah, Earth the Winding fire Light. Honestly, God, that's the best way to put it. Yeah. And uh so they're like, you know, everybody put your heads above your head. Yeah me. Oh, Andry was like, go away, there was you weren't throwing stuff at the stage. I've never seen the like yeah.
Speaker 2: It should have there should be a plan there, should you know?
Speaker 1: Like if I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I'm trying to think of lesser.
Speaker 1: Well, like whose bright idea wasn't to have Hendricks hoping for the monkeys? That didn't last long? But that happened, It did happen. I think I've had that on this day in history. On that all? Right? With that, we got John Mattery's coming up right now, we take in with trappick in weather. What is going on?
Speaker 7: Very man a low led zeppelin. I understand that same kind of thing from the graphic center. You see Hell's a weight loss center offer surgical and medical obesity care and expertise. Called five Win three Night three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three Westwood Northern Boulevard McFarland Woods to Montana. Just getting reports of an accident with traffic being directed around this. It's about a fifteen minute delay right now. Please letting us know they've got this under investigation. So a plan on delay seventy five southbound Norwood Lateral is an accident on the exit ramp with police and fire on the scene. We do have the so downs on seventy five southbound Wnald Ring and Highway to Norwood Lateral about a five minute delay. From Lachland Split McKinley near Harrison is an accident in seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock, We've got about a ten minute drive now through the area. Also, southbound seventy five Freeman to the Brent Spence is a couple of minute trip. My Bricks REMP News Radio seven hundred W d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from the seven hundred WLW Weather Center for to night. Cloudy sky's low of four four, tomorrow showers especially in the morning, the high of fifty three. It is fifty five. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Gary Jeff Walker start your weekend with news, laughs, and perhaps some monkey sounds tomorrow morning, beginning at five point thirty on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Arroyo Grande with Raymond de Royo.
Speaker 1: I'm Raymond de Royo.
Speaker 12: I'd like to invite you to my new podcast, Arroyo Grande Discover life lessons, practical advice and inspiring examples to live by as I sit with celebrities and thought leaders. You'll absolutely love listen to a Royal Grande wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Be the best financial move you can make this time of year. How about lowering your mortgage rate to four point nine nine percent fixed APR, the lowest rate in years. You can do it now by calling Loan Pronto. With loan Pronto's rapid equity loan, you can get a ton of cash, pay off those high interest credit cards and skip up to two house payments. Don't wait, no hard credit pull upfront, and you probably won't even need an appraisal. Just fast, easy cash from your homes Equity Act now called five one three eight hundred fifteen fifty, or visit loanproto dot com. Start your new year by wiping out all higher interest debt and lowering your bills by thousands called five one three eight hundred fifteen fifty and see how much cash you get today. Loanpronto dot com Equal housing lender NMLS one sixty six one seven eight one APR for well qualified buyers. Visit NMLS Consumer access dot org.
Speaker 11: For more information about contests on this station, go to seven hundred WLW dot iHeart dot com slash rules.
Speaker 1: Rapid radios are instant push to talk walkie talkies offering national LTE coverage and notes time and same show, different year. We always talk to this fella around about this time. It is our good friend John Mattery's WCPO nine news. Don't waste your money, Johnny, we were rock and I were talking about this. We saw your topics and the price of coffee.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 3: You know the number one inflation item at the grocery store last year twenty twenty five. Turns out it was not beef because we had all heard about and talk crop steak prices going up. No, no, no, it wasn't beef. It was coffee up nineteen percent.
Speaker 2: Well the year to that point, John, the place where I buy my coffee, I you know, buy like, you know, a bag at the in Usually it was like eleven Bucks a bag, and I went there again and toward the end of the year and all of a sudden it was thirteen. It was like whoa, yeah, stumps like twenty percent, Like yeah, man, it is.
Speaker 3: Supermarket yep, about twenty percent at the supermarket. The bag coffee, we're talking the cans of Folger's Backsville House, those bags of Starbucks, Yeah, they're all up. I mean things that were seven nine dollars for twelve and thirteen dollars, big jump at the coffee shop. Yeah, if you saw the what was the big Starbucks? Oh, the eggnog latte, I mean the.
Speaker 1: You know, a.
Speaker 3: Little bit egg latte are Yeah, twenty thousand calories. That was like six dollars and twenty five cents for a medium, I mean just insane. And the average price at a restaurant. Now, let's say you go out. You know he's lunch on you, going to get a grilled cheese, some French fries, You want a cup of coffee. The average restaurant price three dollars used to be a buck fifty. Yeah, three dollars for tough. So the number one biggest inflation item at the grocery store coffee.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, guys, how long before they quit giving you the refill on it? You know, there was no say, I don't know where right, you know, you're a waffle house or Perkins or something like that. He can I heat? Can I heat that up for you? Is that just gonna Yeah, just like the airlines was just cheap, like you know of that stuff, and now it's all good.
Speaker 3: I mean there are people there that get like four phillips, you know what he just did there all night like that Edward Hopper painting, you know, sitting sitting there drinking coffee and wobble house. Yeah, they still fill it up for you, but.
Speaker 1: The free refaill thing I gave. Obviously, this is how long ago was. Willy still had his restaurants. But I used to go down and watch football right up to the road here on Montgomery Road. Oh yeah, in that restaurant you remember that place and uh across.
Speaker 3: From the Mercedes dealer up there a correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Willie also owns. But you'd go in there and he offered free refills on pop. So I'd go there and watch football on Sunday sometime and I saw this table. There was like five guys, you know, twenty years old or whatever they were, and hey, they weren't dumb. There's five of them. They sat there and ordered like whatever, and that's been chicken wings were a dime apiece or whatever the hell it was. Yeah, so they ordered whatever, fifteen to twenty wings and every they all got Mountain dews. And they sat there from the one o'clock game until the seven until they four thirty games ended drinking Mountain dews and finishing their fifteen whatever twenty five wings seven thirteen and between the between the five of them it was about three dollars apiece.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ever wonder, ever, wonder why Willie's restaurant went out of.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the common man is the best the best business man.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so John, what is the again?
Speaker 1: Explained?
Speaker 2: The reason is it tariffs? Is that there's is a big coffee at it. Again, Well, it's.
Speaker 3: A combination of things. Uh, you know, it was droughts and bad weather years. But then but then this year the Brazilian terriffs hit and they were hit with a fifty percent tariff. Brazil is the number one coffee maker in the world, and that's what happens.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: The good news is President Trump at the end of December, about two weeks ago, he put a hold on the Brazilian tariffs. And that's great news because it means that we're now going to get that coffee coming in a lower price. And I was talking to the folks at the coffee emporium downtown on the Central Parkway, Real nice. A couple that owns that place, and they said that they're hopeful that this spring, you know, we'll see that that price drip down a little bit if you're part of the pun and maybe it will break the coffee.
Speaker 1: That's the thing is.
Speaker 2: And what with inflation, things never come down, They're going.
Speaker 1: To stay that ye come down.
Speaker 3: Think of a car prices, you know, they went up because shortage is they couldn't get the parts and all that, and so you know cars now cost two million dollars each and it's like, okay, they got the cars. Now they got the parts, and the new cars are still more expensive than ever.
Speaker 1: We're talking to John Matderies and Johnny also wanted to talk about what the hottest new travel trend for twenty twenty six. What are we talking about.
Speaker 3: We are talking one big trip. That's the official term for one big trip. What's happened is over the past few years, ever since COVID, people have taken a lot of vacations. You know, they called it revenge travel. For a while, people would go on like three or four vacations a year. The problem now is that airfares have gotten so high that you know, you say, hey, let's book a trip down to Fort Lauderdale. Let's book a trip to California, and that airfare that used to be two hundred and fifty dollars, you know, is now six hundred eight hundred dollars. I mean, sure you can buy something cheap on Allegiance Frontier, but you start looking at the big airlines and then they want six hundred bucks for a lot of these trips. So what people are doing is they're taking fewer trips this year. According to this national sch they're gonna be taking fewer trips, but longer trips. And that way, you know, you say, Okay, we're going down to Florida or we're going to Hawaii. We're gonna go for like seven eight nine days and really enjoy ourselves, but we're not gonna take a bunch of little trips because those little trips really add up once you have to pay all those airfares.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if you're going to fly, but hey man, if it's not, if it's more than whatever, five hundred miles big a number, you drive there, savers have a couple of ahead uh huh.
Speaker 14: The reason Myrtle Beach in Hilton Head and Gallenburg are the top destinations from Cincinnati is because they're drivable. Sure, people, you go down to Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head and it's like every other person you meet is from Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And it's because, hey, you know, it's like what seven hour drive and you're there, and that's why that's way more popular than going down to South Florida, where uh, you know you gotta be uh you got to be pretty tough to make that sixteen hour drive.
Speaker 1: See, I know. Oh I did it when I was when I was in college, and I don't think I got it. I have no desire to do it now.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: No, I've driven to Miami Beach.
Speaker 1: That's why I drove up. I drove to Lauderdale when I was in college, and I drove through the night with my then girlfriend with no air conditioning in the car in June.
Speaker 14: Trust me, it's what the next week she wasn't your girlfriend anymore?
Speaker 1: Oh no, we But let me tell you something. Your stereo, no matter how much you crank it up, isn't loud enough to overcome road noise when you're going sixty five miles an hour on the interstate through Georgia with the windows down.
Speaker 3: So when he's sounding like a country music song.
Speaker 1: Earlier song.
Speaker 3: Georgia Chris Dapton this year. Hey, guys, have a great weekends. I would say, don't waste your money.
Speaker 1: Thanks Johnny, Thank you, Johnny. All right with that, we are going to be heading to the news. But after the news we usually well through the season. We talked to Jason Hoppen, our buddy from the Inquire Cincinnati dot com one Thursday, were doing game picks, but now we're doing it at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll talk to him about all the NFL playoff action this weekend and.
Speaker 1: The game to day game tonight after the news. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred wl WQ Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: A new view of the fatal ice shooting with the four o'clock report, I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. Newly obtained video shows the perspective of the ice officer who fired his weapon at a Minneapolis woman this week. Thirty seven year old Renee Good, who had positioned her car in the middle of a roadway, was killed. ABC News National correspondent Stephen Portnoy report.
Speaker 17: The video obtained by ABC News shows the ice officer walking around the red Honda pilot recording as Renee Goods's wife records him.
Speaker 1: You want to come at us.
Speaker 15: Other agents shouted good to get out of her suv.
Speaker 17: She puts the car in reverse as the officer crosses in front of the vehicle and can be seen turning the steering wheel to the right as she begins moving forward. The officer kept his phone in one hand as he fired his weapon, with the other White House officials linked to the video online, arguing it shows the officer feared for his life. Stephen Portnoy ABC News Washington.
Speaker 16: Now the latest traffic and weather together the Health Traffic Center and you see Health's Weight Laws Center offers Sergia come and medical obesity care and expertise.
Speaker 7: Call five one three nine three nine twenty two. Sixty three nine three nine twenty two is sixty three on seventy five southbound off Rampton Norwood Lateral. A crash on the exit ramp and cruiser there and we do have Westwood Northern Boulevard between McFarland Woods and Montana with about a fifteen minute delay because of the crash and accident. Here has traffic being directed around the area. If you can't avoid that stretch.
Speaker 3: Do so.
Speaker 7: McKinley at Harrison an accident as well. Now on seventy five southbound, we're watching heavier pockets through the work between Ronald Reagan Highway Norwood Lateral. So down's back to Lachlan Split and seventy five northbound Mitchell de Paddock and southbound seventy five Freeman to the Bench Spence stop and go seventy one northbound between Ridge and Redbank. Now about a five minute drive. I'm Rick Shrimp. Here's radio seven hundred WD WELLW.
Speaker 11: Now the latest forecast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet.
Speaker 18: Better for less In the forecast for tonight, we're clouding up. We'll see a seven am temperature of forty three degrees. Now for Saturday, we start the day with some rain, then a chance of rain later a high at fifty one at night. We still have a small chance, but we get cold lower twenty six on Sunday, a few morning snow showers, partly cloudy, and a high at thirty two. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Pretty cloudy out there still fifty one degrees here in the Tri State News is the service of Tri State gastro Enterology Associates.
Speaker 2: Heads up for.
Speaker 16: Drivers in northern Kentucky coming up next week.
Speaker 19: Matt Reese reports there'll be some traffic issues, I think at least for the first couple days and a couple weeks until folks figure out kind of where they need to go.
Speaker 20: The Kentucky eight Licking River Bridge, also known as the four Street Bridge, closes Monday. The connection between Newport and Comington shuts down at nine in the morning after ninety years of service. Jake Ryle with the Kentucky Transportation Captain.
Speaker 19: They'll take it apart piece by piece over the next month or so. Then there will be an aspect of lasting that takes place. I believe that they have a netting system where they'll be able to catch a lot of the material.
Speaker 20: The replacement bridge linking Newport and coming to In expected to be open to traffic by summer of twenty twenty eight. I'm Matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred w WEL in Butler County.
Speaker 16: The judges made a decision and ordered the fiancee of Caitlin Markham to serve his prison time three years in all. John Carter asked today to be released early after a year, but the judge said no. Carter was convicted a couple of years ago after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter after he originally charged with murder. Markham disappeared from her home in Fairfield in twenty eleven. Her remains were found a couple of years later. And the West End, those cameras still controversial. What's happening there? Let's get the latest from Brian.
Speaker 21: Say six Baron City Council continue to get a near fol from people who live in the West End over safety concerns. Father lost his son to gun violence two years ago. Can't believe another child's been murdered at Laurel Playground. He can't believe promise safety enhancements there still are not complete.
Speaker 2: You have all this money and the cameras are not up.
Speaker 1: It takes for another child to get killed for you to roll the camera in there.
Speaker 21: This is unacceptable since I city managers as police have installed six new cameras in the neighborhood since September when of the funding and Cheryl Long says the Terian police chief is a shirter.
Speaker 1: Six more are coming in the next thirty days.
Speaker 22: I have been clear with CPD that this is the top priority.
Speaker 21: Ran Cobs News Radio seven a WLW seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 23: Engle's Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding, Tobacco, and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals Director of player Personnel Duke Tobin spoke today about a variety of topics. Why should the fans have belief in this team now?
Speaker 24: I think the organization is willing to do anything it takes to win. I mean, that's been my hit. I've been here long enough to know that if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't say it. Mister Brown wants to win.
Speaker 23: Bengals offensive coordinator Dan Pitcher today interviewed for the head coaching job of the Cleveland Browns College football National semi Final Tonight, Indiana up against Oregon at seven thirty College Basketball Tonight sixteen and know Miami's at Toledo, NKU at Milwaukee El Denison seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 16: And on the close at Wall Street that Dow ended the day up all three in disease. As a matter of fact, we're in positive tiar toy now of two fifty five, NASDAK up to sixty five, and the S and P gained forty eight points. I'm Sandy Collins Next News at four thirty on News Radio seven HUNDREDLU.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by o'keef's Working Hands hand Cream.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 15: If rubbing your hands together sounds like this, you need o'keefs Working Hands and Cream. It instantly relieves.
Speaker 10: Extremely dry cracked hands.
Speaker 1: Okeeps, look for the green package.
Speaker 2: Run a business and not thinking about podcasting, think again. More Americans listen to podcasts than adds supported.
Speaker 1: During the football season, we usually have our picks on Thursday about five o'clock, but since the season's over, we can just do picks now and talk about what's happening this weekend. Yes, it's bigger now at it's the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You know, Christmas just came.
Speaker 1: Kids.
Speaker 2: You know you spend all your money on the kids. You gotta win it all back, You got to double down. You gotta win it all back with some play off football. And our man Jason Hoffman is here to give us the goods. Jason, how are you.
Speaker 13: I'm doing great, Gens. Good to talk to you here in the new year.
Speaker 1: How did you do over the holidays with the games there, Jason.
Speaker 13: We actually did really well. Not gonna lie the uh we don't have to recoup too much.
Speaker 3: But it was a great Christmas.
Speaker 1: Good that way, that way, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's start off here with the first one. The Rams twelve and five team had a nice year against the Panthers, which wasn't on anybody who's been go card at the beginning of the year. But nonetheless, I'm seeing the Rams minus ten and a half.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that that line is too big for me. They actually played this game in Carolina earlier this year, and Matt Stafford somehow through. I believe it was four interceptions. That doesn't happen again. But I don't like double digits in the playoffs, So give me the Panthers plus the points. But I will also take the under on the total, which left I saw I think forty five and a half. I was gonna say forty four and a half. I'll take the under on the points too, because I don't know how much Caroline is going to score. I see this as a twenty four to fourteen or seventeen games.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, how about the next one tomorrow? It is Packers at Bears. See in the pack by a point and a half. That surprises me, all right.
Speaker 13: So here's the thing. Both of these games, when these teams played this year, because they're divisional opponents, they played twice. We were all over the line on both sides. So the first time the Packers were faired by six and a half, I told you and your audience, this is a weird line. You have to go with the Packers because that line didn't make any sense. Packers by half point. The second time, the Bears were favored by a point and a half, and I said that was way too low.
Speaker 3: It needs to be three.
Speaker 1: And they ended up winning by a field goal.
Speaker 3: So we're going to go.
Speaker 13: Bears on the money line right to win out right, because the Packers are so beat up right now. I don't know how they win this game. And the fact that they're favored, I think adds more money to our bank roll.
Speaker 1: As it was.
Speaker 13: And let's Caleb Williams, this is his first playoff win. Ben Johnson is going to have a ridiculous game plan for this because they didn't play anybody last week, so yeah, give me the give me the Bears all day and the money line, forget the points.
Speaker 2: Interesting, a little action there, A big game to start the Sunday games Buffalo, and you just feel like this has got to be Josh Allen's year, right, I mean they got to good team or twelve and five team, but certainly flawed.
Speaker 1: But he's he's playing well.
Speaker 2: But then you got all of a sudden, this pesky Jaguars team that out of nowhere is thirteen and four.
Speaker 1: I hate the Jaguars, by the way I always.
Speaker 2: Have, but playing really, really good football under Liam Cohen. There's a bet. Go on Fountain Square and ask how many people ask people who Liam Cohen is?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: More than twenty percent can tell you he's the head coach of the Jags.
Speaker 1: The lead singer from Oasis. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Nevertheless, Jayson, I'm seeing Buffalo MIAs one and a half.
Speaker 1: Close game.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think we can say this on the radio, but this is not cutting time for Sean McDermott and the Bills. They have got to win this game. However, the Jaguars have been the best team in the AFC the last three weeks. There's no denying.
Speaker 1: Nine killing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah they are.
Speaker 13: They're playing complimentary football, They're doing all the right things. But rookie coach with a guy who's been suspecting big moments, give me the Bills all day long. I bet this at four and a half even.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, and the and the total that seems like a big number to me. Fifty one and a half is the last number I saw.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, it's mainly because the Jaguars or of the Bills defense has been terrible coming down the stretch. But this is you know, Sean McDermott. A lot of NFL insiders, especially with John Harball being on the market now, a lot of insiders have said that this game will determine if Sean McDermott gets fired or not. And he's a defensive guy, so so expect expect to throw every everything you possibly can at this game.
Speaker 1: And to that point.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if there's any betting odds on this, but but I've read a lot of people say, you know, yeah that if McDermott doesn't win, he's fired. If Tomlin and the Steelers don't win against the ten, he's fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And another one that I was like, Wow, I guess man, this is you know, it's the league man, and it's it's it's like that.
Speaker 2: Are are you hearing or seeing anything like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, We've had a lot of chats internally in my network USA Today Network. I'll say that it's crazy to me that so many teams I think they're in the sweepstakes for him, because I don't think John Harball is going to take a restart project like the Raiders would be for instance. You would think he would only take a job where it's ready made. You've got a quarterback, you've got you know, the primary pieces. Yeah. So yeah, but I don't blame any NFL owner for wanting to go get the best coach possible in the free market.
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking about the playoff games over the weekend, and then and the next one, Jason, we're talking about here they are the forty nine Ers at Eagles. I'm seeing Eagles by five. I got to plead ignorance on the Niners. Haven't seen them play much this year, but we all know what the Eagles are.
Speaker 13: Gentlemen, did you ever think you would hear me say the phrase this is the Brock Party revenge game.
Speaker 2: No, but I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 3: So last year.
Speaker 13: Last year's NFT title game was the same setup in Philadelphia, and the forty nine Ers had to go to Christian McCaffrey as the third or fourth string quarterback whatever because they had so many injuries at quarterback. Rock Party, I guarantee you, and they're going to be ready. Rock Party, I guarantee is going to this game like I'm not getting hurt again and I'm going to ball out. They've had a lot of injuries. Yes, they are missing their left tackle, They're missing all kinds of guys on the defensive side. Give me the Niners to cover the spread. But I don't know that they're gonna win out right, because the Eagles also just they don't seem right yet.
Speaker 3: And I know.
Speaker 13: That that's weird to say since they're a high steed in the playoffs. But give me give me the Niners plus the points.
Speaker 2: Very good. Another good one here that the Yeah, okay, the last Sunday night game, Chargers at Patriots. Patriots. I meant how many Wednesday have last year?
Speaker 1: Three? Four, something like that, something like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they went three, they went three and fourteen if I remember correctly.
Speaker 2: Right, and now fourteen and three unbelievable. I'm seeing Patriots minus three and a half over the Chargers.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and give me the Patriots all day long in this. I know that Jim Harball has done great things with the Chargers in his first two years there. But they also again on the offensive line, they are depleted. They have a ton of injuries, and I just don't know that with what Mike Rabel's done with the Patriots, I don't know that the Chargers can keep this close. I'll take the Patriots as long as it stays below a touchdown.
Speaker 1: All right. Off to the last playoff game. That'd be Monday night, Texans at Steelers. Rock was talking to a couple of minutes ago about the possibility this might be Mike Tomlin's job. We'll see, that's weird, it's crazy. But Texans by three is the last I saw with a total of thirty eight and a half. That seems like a low number.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 13: So again, we've done this for a few years now. My favorite betting spot is Mike Tomlin as a home underdog in any game, regardless in prime time even I'll double down on me the Steelers to cover the three. And I'm also going to go Steelers to win outright because they get DK Metcalfe back. And I think Rock can speak this. Rock can speak this way better than me. He got suspended for the interaction with the fan in Detroit and missed the end of the regular season. I mean, that's that guy's got to be carrying all kinds of weight on his shoulders to to do awesome this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure families let his team down and all that. So, yeah, I would expect to have for him to have a big game and maybe a little little side action on him might be appropriate.
Speaker 13: And I don't to speak to your earlier point, Eddie, I don't think that the the Rooney family is going to make this a make or break for Tomlin.
Speaker 1: Would I would hope not.
Speaker 13: I've heard I've heard a lot of national media say that Tomlin is contemplating going to TV and doing that just.
Speaker 1: To get a break. Oh wow.
Speaker 13: But after watching last week's game the way that that, I mean, that was the game that saved the end of the regular season, right that Sunday night game was awesome between the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers. I think Colin I think he still hit the fire man, Mike. I don't think this is make or breaks. I think he's back next year. That's my that's my guest.
Speaker 2: Cool agreed, All right, Jase? How about the last one here tonight? Huge game? I think, I mean, everybody I talked to seems very excited about this, whether you're a huge football fan or a casual fan. I mean, just great storylines with both teams. But Oregon the.
Speaker 1: Indiana and I'm seeing Indiana minus three and a forty nine and a half point over under. Damn.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I would go over on this game just because I think Oregon's gonna score a lot more points in Alabama did against Indiana. But by the way, did any of us ever think in our lifetime we'd hear Indiana blew out Alabama.
Speaker 3: And the Rose Bowl.
Speaker 1: It's amazing shit. Yeah, I mean we can get into all the reasons why.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's it's the new state of college football. It's just But also on the other side, you've got to acknowledge Hurt Signetti is a hell of a coach, and I don't think anybody can deny that the dude is just stoke on the sidelines. He's the same all the time, and he's got the horses. He's got Fernanda Mendoza.
Speaker 1: The Heisman winner.
Speaker 13: Their offensive line and defensive line just bully people with the line of scrimmage. So I'm excited to watch this, but I have to say Indiana is going to win by at least a touchdown. They already played once this year. Indiana won thirty to ten and it was a close game, but it was also at Oregon. So I have to go with Indiana to cover at least a touchdown, and I cannot wait if that happens. I cannot wait to see the trench struggle between the Miami Hurricanes and the Indiana Hoosiers because those are the two best, those are the two best front lines in all of football, and that's what the cream is rising to the top, basically.
Speaker 2: And there is literally not a person on earth that five years ago said, hey, in twenty twenty six, the National Championship Game will be the Hurricanes versus the Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: So you versus IU. Okay, I'll take that bet.
Speaker 13: And I'll give you one more. And this is not a dig, and it's not to be maor or anything, but just so everyone knows. The number two candidates for the UC Bearcats was Kurt.
Speaker 2: Signetti reminds me every day.
Speaker 1: I've definitely heard that as well.
Speaker 13: I'm just burning that out there.
Speaker 3: I man, I like that guy run off sideline.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you before we let you go. We're talking to Jason Hoff and Jason I asked Rock a little while ago. The draft is coming up, and they're talking about the the two quarterbacks playing tonight more the Mendoza, which one you take in first?
Speaker 13: It's gonna be Mendoza because I don't think Oregon's quarterback is gonna come out.
Speaker 1: See I've been here.
Speaker 22: That lose tonight.
Speaker 13: Yeah, if they don't win tonight, I think he's going to stay back.
Speaker 1: Well, because he's probably making a couple of million dollars at college, So why leave right right?
Speaker 13: Actually, actually, I'll tell you guys, I don't have the actual number, but I can tell you I guarantee you he's making at least five million dollars.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. That would not surprise me at all.
Speaker 13: And Brendan Thorsby reportedly got almost that much to go to Texas Tech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right, well that Jase, we'll shake it out next week and see what we got. Thanks buddy. Oh sounds good, guys, Thank you, thanks Chase. Jason Hoppers the editor from the sports editor from the Inquiry Cincinnati dot Com. So that is going to be a good game, man. I don't not want to miss this, and it's going to be. This was my favorite football weekend of the year. Just games.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you get two you know, semifinals in college and then you get the first round of the NFL playoffs, which is always bonkers, and there are so many games.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's it's fantastic. This is football. This is NFL March madness going on. There you go with that. We check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 7: Well from the UC Health Traffic Center and you see Health's Way Loss Center off re Surgic going medical ob City Caaren Expertise call five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three NANKS Week nine, twenty two sixty three. Earlier problem with the debris in the left line of two seventy five westbound and Winton is now cleared, so all lanes are back open. Traffic moving better here. We do have seventy five sowing southbound between Ronald Reagan and Highway and nor Woodlateral where the road work and northbound seventy five Mitchell to Pattick is about an eight minute trip. Now on seventy five south Freeman of the brund Spence Worth Staff and go northbound seventy one Ridge to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway about a five minute drive. And we do have Westwood Northern between McFarland Woods and Montana with that accident, and the cleanup continues here, so we've got traffic being directed around that and to two seventy five southbound at the Carroll Cropper Bridge at the Indiana Kentucky state line, and watch for the sodowns here because of the work in the right lane through March. I'm Rick Schremp produced Radio seven hundred wd WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from the seven hundred WLW Weather Center for to night, cloudy skyes low of forty four to mile showers especially in the morning, the high of fifty three. It is fifty five now. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: The War on Drugs drives on first dope running boats intercepted now the capture of Venezuela's president. Will there be any more regime changes, countries invaded or cartels contained? Keep it here for the latest news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Brad Versus Everyone podcast.
Speaker 2: Dangerous Social Media Trends, Media scandals, Dunt TikTok, boycotts and more.
Speaker 1: All right, ed, Okay, when Rocky tells me I've got the perfect Eddie and Rocky story here, I go, oh do tell this was made for the Eddie and Rocky show. Okay, so this is in has to be Florida, Louisiana. But close. That's yeah, close, okay, Florida like the Florida The near exactly h.
Speaker 2: Louisiana law enforcement officials was allegedly attacked on Tuesday, January sixth by a naked woman who informed investigators she had aspirations of becoming a mermaid.
Speaker 1: All right, well, okay, fair enough. A Union Parish Sheriff's office sit in a statement that Aaron Elizabeth Sutton, forty one years old and not that hot, generated a call.
Speaker 2: Really she does not look like Sydney Swening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's shocking.
Speaker 2: Crazy Miss Sutton generated a call to nine one one for allegedly trespassing on a property in Lynnville, Okay. The property has a substantial pond, but belongs to her neighbor.
Speaker 1: Okay, the woman who's calling no on one your neighbor.
Speaker 2: A caller told dispatchers that Sutton had been swimming nude in their pool and refused to leave the water despite retreated requests. As officers were arriving at the caller's home, they learned so and had allegedly started screaming when she was asked to leave the water. Callers said that this was not the first time Sutton had availed herself to the pond, and that repeated past warnings to stay out of the water had been ignored. Deputies allegedly tried reasoning with miss Sutton the mermaid, who allegedly refused at first to get out as she was quote trying to be a mermaid.
Speaker 1: The offers eventually coaxed the Uh the Nymph out of the pond and called ems to evaluate her. Stevens said that when they were moving Sutton to an unspecified place, she suddenly started to charge at one of the deputies.
Speaker 2: Sutton was taste with the cops.
Speaker 1: You don't tase a mermaid. Come on, man, but the cops said the electrical jolt had zero effect. You know why she's mermaid. Our modern technology is no match for math. For math, yes, she's a math maide.
Speaker 2: It is alliguedly that when Sutton reached him, she kicked and punched the deputy steved notesa. Sutton was finally restrained and taken to the hospital, allegedly threatened to kill the deputies in paramedics the whole way there.
Speaker 1: Well, of course that's what mermaids do.
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta get we gotta get out of that part here.
Speaker 1: That's good, We're good. Look, I'd never understand people like that, and I hope I never am able to understand people like that, because that either means that I have gone to college for a nine years to get a degree in psychology or something, or it means that I'm crazy too. So either one of those I hope doesn't happen. Well, I don't care if I go to COT, but I'm going to college for nine years is out of the question. But I hope I'll go crazy.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well it's funny too because I had the story today. But also, you know, I researched that you know this day in histories, and it was on this day in history in fourteen ninety two, like I guess early October that Columbus reported, well yeah, but reported spotting mermaids.
Speaker 1: And they're actually like, oh that's I remember hearing seals or whatever or walruses yeah or yeah, but what are those things down in Florida? One of those things called the big giant walls, right, the strippers. I'm just brain fard on it, but yeah, maybe Walrus. No, they're not seals. No, they're like big seals there. It's a native of Florida. But anyways, I just saw some footage the other day of these things amnatees. Yeah, and they all because it was it's been cooler down there than usual, so they all flocked to this kind of hot spring river area where there's a hot spring. So you should see the picture. There's hundreds of them all gathered together in this little, uh kind of pooled area. Nice. Yeah, they ain't stupid, and they're not they're not like dangerous, right, No, huh, they's kind of hang around. Maybe somebody who lived in Florida before it was listening to Florida right now, I can tell us about I'm I'm they're harmless, but you know you can't you can run over them with your boat apparently, though I've heard people say that they just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're not that swift creatures. They don't go away quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I think I told Joe was that last year and no, two years ago, we went down to Florida. We were like in the are alying port Charlotte wherever, and we went to one of those hot springs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it's it's it they you know, panted as the uh the place that oh god was it was looking for the fountain Youth. Yeah, okay, and this was it.
Speaker 2: And it's this hot spring in Florida and it's actually cool. I mean it kind of you know, goes like a and it's you know, you can basically stand in it and then until you got in the middle and then it goes down and.
Speaker 1: Like forever is it hot or just warm? Warm like but perfect like yeah, I don't know, eighty or seventy eight, you know what I mean, something like that perfect year round, a year round, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it actually feels good.
Speaker 1: And let's talk to Doug in Mount Washington about manatees. What do you have on manatees, Doug, What up?
Speaker 5: Jents?
Speaker 22: I couldn't miss out on this one. When I was a kid, my grandmother lived in Key Largo, right behind the shell Man. If you guys are familiar with where that is, right when you come over the bridge on US one and the Key Largo's right on your right. But anyways, we used to get taken down there every year for vacation. There was a brackish.
Speaker 3: Canal that ran back behind her house.
Speaker 22: My grandpa had a little pigly John boat. He take us out on the ocean list, which was probably a terrible idea, but we used. He always warned us about crocodiles, which wouldn't surprise me, or alligators that there were some, but manatees would swim right up to us when we were I mean, I was scared to death the first time that happened. But then they told me, like they barely have tea, they eat lettuce pretty much right.
Speaker 1: They're not aggressive at all. Right, That's what I've always heard, not.
Speaker 22: One bit like my one hundred pound dog got my pit boy, I got it home.
Speaker 1: Look threatening.
Speaker 22: But the biggest wars is in the worlds Yeah, they're beautiful though, but yeah, they do get big.
Speaker 9: They are known.
Speaker 22: You'll see them. I mean, you guys may have seen them before down like Saint Pete. Depends on how temperate the water is, they'll come up further north. But I've seen them with huge gashes in their backs before from the boat props.
Speaker 1: It's say I've heard that, thanks, buddy. Yeah, a buddy of mine lives in Fort Myers, and that's what he said because we were on a boat one time and he can watch out for manatees because they don't know and they don't care. Yeah. So hey, look, that's kind of the way. That's the way I've become as I get older. Rock you don't know and don't don't care. I don't want to get run over by a boat. But you know what I'm say, I'm like a human manateee. And with that, Rick, we will go to you. What's going on, buddy? I think Rick was shocked by my manate revelation. Double over and laster or shock. The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center ford toned clouds thirty nine is the low four tomorrow. Looking at showers, especially in the morning in the high of fifty three. It is forty nine. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 25: Meet Eric Montalk. Eric was living in his mother's basement. He had no direction, he had no ambition, and then he started listening to my show. He heard the latest news, whether opinions, and some fascinating guests. Long story short, Eric got focused, he got self confidence, He started his own basement. Furnish your company, and now he's worth millions.
Speaker 15: Eric Montalk another Tom Brenneman success story.
Speaker 1: Way to go, Eric, and props to me right.
Speaker 15: Begin your own success story with Tom Brenneman Monday morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center, UC Hell's Waight Laws Center. Offer surgery coming medical tob Cidycaren Expertise Call five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy one southbound before four to seventy one accident. It has a right shoulder taken up on seventy five south between the Brent Spence Bridge and Kyle's Lane. We're looking at about a five minute delay and we have seventy five so in between the Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Ladder on the southbound side with slowdowns. To Shepherd it's about an eight minute delay. And on seventy five North Mitchell to Paddock plan on about a five minutes slowdown through that stretch. Good news on two seventy five earlier problems. I'm cleared to bring out the way. All lanes are back opening seventy four. Is it posted speed my Rick Strapadeers Radio seven hundred double d well w.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by A Leave Life Doesn't Wait and neither should you leave can help you deal with today?
Speaker 1: And I never got to this. I got that. We got this email yesterday. Mike sent it. Our mother passed in the nineties. When we buried her, we buried her with a scarf around her neck that she that Elvis gave her at one of his shows, that the ud arena back in the day. Now we're talking now, that's that right. There is the way to go, son, That's cool. No, I don't know what do you want to be buried with? The famous story is Sinatra got buried with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a pack of like Lucky strikes or something. This is a great topic. What do I want to be buried with not my Super Bowl ring? I'm going to my kids. What you give that to me? Right, you'll just sell it, you'll pawn it. No, I want to remember my big.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 1: It off and I'll tell everybody I want it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ask a good question. Probably just a couple of pictures of my kids, are you know, Kelly sure, a couple of my mistresses.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just kidding, right, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have to do that someday. That's a good you know what, that's a good topic. We'll spend that back. One day I was starting, I was, well, you you got Beatles album or something? Yeah, probably a couple of albums or something. But I was sold. Deuble wanted to bury her with me because she wouldn't want to live without me. Yeah.
Speaker 25: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I'll be fine. That's great, that's great. Uh. Rock In other news, remember last month, I hadn't read this story. I knew what happened, but I hadn't read the ins and outs of it. Last month, they auctioned the last three one cent pennies that are gonna be minted by the uh Trail. Yeah, it sold at auction in Irlan well December eleventh. I guess it was for eight hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: The winning bidder also got the three dies that struck the coins. I've been going to coin auctions for forty years. A guy said, I've never seen anything like this, and da da da da da. The penny was introduced in seventeen ninety three, and you could buy stuff when you could actually buy stuff with it, I think a lot of people, For a lot of people, the ending of the production of cents for circulation is an item of nostalgia. No, if you could make some money off it. Hell, if I had eight hundred grand on me, I'd have bought the damn thing because you know when, dude, that's that's a winner, absolute winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and show you about it was the last three.
Speaker 1: The last three, okay, and you got the dies and the dies that struck them. Like I said, if you had that money, if you had the money to do that, of course, which few, very few do a that would be an unbelievable conversation piece.
Speaker 2: You have people of your house and like, com here, let me show you this. Your last cent that was struck. You see it.
Speaker 1: There it is, and there's a die that struck it. Here's the thing, though, would you tell everybody that you had it because they put it? That puts a target on your back big time. It's like I've always said, if you stole the Mona Lisa and you hang in your house, what do you do? You can't hang in your house?
Speaker 2: No, But but this is different because I mean the last penny in the Mona Lisa are two different things.
Speaker 1: Well, but sure, but both are invaluable, is what I'm saying here. One's more invaluable than the other then Lisa. For sure. I say, if you if you have the ability to buy a piece of nostalgia for eight hundred grand, you probably got a pretty pimped out house with your cameras and security and and all that. But I thought that Joe Burrow was that, you know who thought they had a pimped out house? Burrow? Yeah, Well, I don't think I think the Instagram model. I think security right to lock a door or something. I don't know. I don't know what happened there. Let's uh, let's supposedly we're just guessing here. This is allegedly allegedly, Yeah, he left her in charge. Let's talk to Jim and Amelia. Hey, Jim, what would you like to be buried with?
Speaker 9: I would like to be buried Hey, thanks guys for the great show always on Friday. I want to be buried with my paid off mortgage to my house man.
Speaker 2: There you godde do you haven't paid off currently?
Speaker 26: Now?
Speaker 2: Are you still reaching for it?
Speaker 9: Well, it's you're going to be one of the others, So I don't know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 9: I would like to die after I paid off the mortgage from my house.
Speaker 1: Okay, so when you pay it off?
Speaker 3: Yes, I see, okay, thanks, thank you.
Speaker 1: We we just thought you met you had already paid it off and you just want that. But that's a good goal right there. Yes, yeah, How close are you to pay off your house or did you pay for it cash money? Baby nore? Yeah no, I think we're pretty close. But we you know, we're got a great interest rate. Well that's what that's what happened with us here. Yeah, But but I.
Speaker 2: Thought I saw something where where Trump's gonna do something for people to have paid their house off.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that. Yes, I heard about the stopping someone with property tax or something. We're talking about the companies not being able to buy bulk housing anymore, you know, right, yeah that that yeah, yeah, because ID talked about that yesterday. But I thought I saw something about he was he was trying to introduce something or mention something about for folks that pay their house offs, they try to get you know, incentivized. Sure that happened, clear some money off the books, that kind of thing. So coming up here after the news, we were just talking about music and I saw this. I've seen this topic several times on social media in different you know, different arms of it. And we started talking and got us to thinking, how about you album you can listen to any it doesn't matter, I don't, I don't care what you know. If it's country, jazz, rock, whatever, it might be. An album you can listen to without skipping us.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 2: I got three that immediately come to mind.
Speaker 1: They are undeniable same uh five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the big one. We're talking albums folks after the news. News Radio one hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLJW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Nineteen school children, two adults gunned down four years ago in Uvalde. Today, jurors seeing the carnage with their own eyes. This is the five o'clock report. I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. Jurors sat through a dark day today testimony in the criminal trial of a former Uvalde school's officer, Adrian Gonzalez. ABC's Peter Harmus is in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Speaker 27: The third day of testimony of the criminal trial. Prosecutors called the former state investigator who photographed the rob elementary classroom where eleven students were killed. Prosecutors argued the graphic images are necessary to prove their case.
Speaker 1: The judge told the courtroom, I'm going to forewarn you the photographs are going to be shocking and gruesome.
Speaker 27: Prosecutors argue that Gonzales indeed to each of the students in that classroom by failing to follow his training during the forensic police response to the shooting. He's pleaded not guilty from Corpus Christi, Texas. Peter Harralambus, ABC News.
Speaker 26: Now, let's take a look at the latest traffic and weather together from the UC Health Traffic Center, UC Health's Weight Law Center of for Surgical and Medical Obesity CAAREN Expertise Call five one three, nine three, nine, twenty two sixty three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy one southbound before four seventy one crash on the right shoulder and the cleanup continues.
Speaker 7: So seventy five is sewing as you're mak your way north boumb Mitchell to Pattick In southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood lateral, so down's to Shepherd there with the roadworking place and southbound seventy five Freeman of the Brent Spence a couple of minute delay. We do have seventy one northbound between Ridge and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway getting a little heavy, and southbound seventy five from the Brent Spence down to Kyle's Lane is an extra five minutes into Kentucky. I'm Rick report.
Speaker 1: Here's Radio seven hundred WELW Now.
Speaker 11: The latest forecast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better for less.
Speaker 18: In the forecast for tonight, we're clouding up. We'll see a seven am temperature of forty three degrees. Now for Saturday, we start the day with some rain, then a chance of rain later, a high at fifty one at night. We still have a small chance, but we get cold, low at twenty six. On Sunday, a few morning snow showers, partly cloudy, and a high at thirty two. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine first Warning, Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: We're forty nine degrees right now here in the tri State with just a few clouds out there as you drive home. Man who was ejected in an overnight crash in del High Township has been identified. Twenty year old Colin Hornsberger from Cincinnati died on Anderson Ferry Road. It was about one o'clock this morning. After going off the left side of the street, smashing into a va concrete steps and then landing on an embankment, he was ejected. Some encouraging news now from the state of Ohio, though on the number of traffic deaths they are dropping.
Speaker 28: The Governor Odott and others announcing that fatalities on Ohio roads have dropped for the fourth year in a row. Data from the State Patrol show there were one one hundred twenty five traffic deaths in Ohio in twenty twenty five down three percent from the year before, and the state says that's a difference of thirty two lives. Troopers say about a quarter of the deadly crashes last year were from cars driving off the road, and from twenty twenty one to last year, some sixty percent of people killed were not wearing seat belts. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 16: W Allub, a former Claremont County man's been sentenced to twenty five to life in prison for the two thousand and one murder and disappearance of his ex wife, Regina Hicks. Investigators say Regina's killing is now finally resolved. The Ohio Attorney General, Dave Y host called the sentence long overdue.
Speaker 1: Justice.
Speaker 23: WLW Sports Angle's Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco, and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals Director of player Personnel Duke Tobin spoke today about a variety of topics. Why should the fans have belief in this team now?
Speaker 24: I think the organization is willing to do anything it takes to win. I mean that's been my hit. I've been here long enough to know that if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't say it. Mister Brown wants to win.
Speaker 23: Angles offensive coordinator Dan Pitcher today interviewed for the head coaching job of the Cleveland Browns College football National semi final Tonight, Indiana up against Oregon at seven thirty. College Basketball Tonight sixteen and O Miami's at Toledo, NKU at Milwaukee El Dennison, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Sports on Wall Street.
Speaker 16: The numbers handing up in the black today was the Dow up two hundred and thirty seven points. A NASTAC gained more than a percent at two hundred and fifty nine points, the S and P up forty four.
Speaker 2: I'm Sandy Collins next.
Speaker 16: Updated five thirty on News radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by the White House Briefing Room. Pund cast with John Decker.
Speaker 18: I'm John Decker joining about albums and well.
Speaker 1: See albums kind of mean nothing now rock right.
Speaker 2: I was thinking the exact same thing and this twenty years from now, they will not be having this discussion on air because there people are like, what's an album?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Because an album used to be. There was there was flow to it. It wasn't like twelve individual songs. It was like the good ones were right. It was like told a story kind of thing. Not all of them, but they there was a flow to it.
Speaker 1: There was right. It was like listening to somebody who did a good mix, right, you know, yeah, whatever kind of yeah. You know, you may start out hard and then you kind of work your way down and you bring it back up and then you then you have the long song at the end, usually the longest songs at the end, and but yeah, but an album like that that you can listen to from front to back without skipping as all.
Speaker 2: Right, I want to give I wanna give mine real quick too, Go ahead, all right, number one. This is undebatable appetite for destruction. Okay, sure, Guns n' Roses, Welcome to the jungle. It's so easy. Night train out to get me. Brownstone, Paradise City, My Michelle, think about you, sweet child of mine. You're crazy. Anything goes rocket Queen, start It, play It Done, and the other one and a couple I could have chose from, but Master of Puppets by Metallica. It's only eight songs on the album. Remember Battery, Master of Puppets. The thing that should not be Sanitarium. B side is Disposable Heroes, Leper Messiah. Probably my favorite song off the album, Oriyan and Damage Incorporated. Oh we will, we will discuss five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, thy eight hundred, the big one.
Speaker 1: Let's get it right to your calls and taco. We'll start with Bill and Sardinia. What's going on there? Bill?
Speaker 29: Hey, guys, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Sure, So, just a little preface.
Speaker 29: I'm a teenager in the nineties and I'm an avid collector and vinyl records, So I hope Rocky You're wrong that albums stick around. But for me, uh, the one growing up listening to all the time with the debut album by Oasis, definitely maybe I can listen to it all the way through, uh, year after year.
Speaker 2: See, I remember, I remember the big songs off the album. I'll remember the whole thing, but I remember, I mean that they're good. That album was great. Let's check that out again. Thanks and thanks Bill. They you know, they just toured last year and they didn't kill each other. That's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: I think that was That's a win, right, despite how how well. I think somebody sat them down and goes, look, guys, yeah apart, you ain't making squat Yeah together boom.
Speaker 2: They figured out what every young band that toils with one another finally does, which is like, okay, we're like you know, in our like late forties here kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Look at guns and roses exactly. Yeah, let's quit leaving money on tab Hey, Chris, you're next up, buddy. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, how's it going today?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 6: So it isn't hard because you can either pick one, like one artist, or are we just chilling outside on the back deck on the summer night, sipping some bourban just listening to music.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, Chris, you'd tell us, yeah, what's your what's your mood? He were? You're not limiting you to one. I don't care. If you got five, My two would be.
Speaker 6: One would be Michael Jackson bad, I mean because Liberian Girl Mad. I mean, just the whole list. But if I'm sitting outside on summer day, anyone a day, man, few CDs go Wow, you just let that play? It's a kill bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's good outside, uh, like you know, early spring listening, right, there I got.
Speaker 6: Yes, we will be still talking about albums because they're selling them. And my daughter just sent me a pisch her a couple of days. Listen, she wants me to pull out my vinyl my record player so she could play it's the guy's name that you're making that played a guitar thing?
Speaker 1: Bang now yeah wow.
Speaker 6: And my daughter is thirty one. I'm like, which, what do you know about Bob Marley?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's cool. Your daughter has good taste there, Chris, come on now he does. Yeah, thank good night. Let's talk to Matt new Richmond. Hey, Matt, what do you have?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: Man, there's nothing to travel better too? The physical LEDs up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, awesome, that'll that'll get you where you're going to. Two albums, man, you please, you can't play that thing straight through and that will doubtle bit. Yeah okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: The other one is Hill California by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's one and thanks had one more East nineteen ninety nine Eternal by Bone Thugs and Armony. Start that one and just let it play all the way through.
Speaker 1: I have many times you're a you're a bone stug guy and I know that for a fact. Yes, and and also, don't don't call us with any best of things. No, right, you'll we will shame you. Uh there, I forget who Somebody is there? Their Greatest Hits album is my favorite album by them because I don't know any of their music by them, So that's my favorite album by it. I like them, I don't even remember who it is. Uh, let's talk to Mike and Hamilton. Hey, Mike, what do you have?
Speaker 6: I got two fellas, I got two really good ones. Okay, head right over the lights, sit down on the back deck.
Speaker 5: Thank Florida Wall.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you.
Speaker 6: Want to rock it out, there's only one rocking have to go Rolling Stone.
Speaker 1: Some girls sundress, some girls, some girls the Stones. Yeah. What songs do I have on I'm Not Miss You? Whip comes down, Far Away Eyes.
Speaker 6: That's a good way exile on Main Street's just it's a little older, but some girls I like.
Speaker 5: It's just it's got that.
Speaker 6: It's got that musical.
Speaker 30: Genre where they just come over here from from the from over the pond and they just took over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And and Mike thinks that was kind of when punk was coming out, so they kind of put some of the like when the Whip Comes Down and and that in there to kind of be punky. I guess, okay, I know they had a punk side that was well, everybody was telling them, hey, you're washed up, you're over. Punk is the new thing, so they thought they would go do a punk album. Yeah, but they put on well, far Away Eyes, that's a country song, and then Miss You is disco. But they built a put a couple in there that they could say was punk, just kind of pretend these aren't the ones we remember from those part Hey, Mike, what's going on, buddy? Thanks for holding What do you have?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I got two for you.
Speaker 31: Eddie probably never went into funk, but there was a group called.
Speaker 22: The Parliament's Funkadelic, absolutely and they.
Speaker 1: Absolutely part of my fuck.
Speaker 31: They had one called the Mothership Connection, and you could just play that and just let it go.
Speaker 30: All right.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, when you said Parliament, I was going to say Mothership Connection. I had that eight track back in the back in the day. Son, Yes I did. Oh yeah.
Speaker 31: My my other one would be a little rock and roll side of Me, which is Deep Purple made in Japan, the Live Out. Yeah, You've had Lazy, highwayst Star, you had Smoke on the Water, you had Child and Time, and man, you could just put that on and a pick up a fat one and.
Speaker 6: It was good to go.
Speaker 1: I hear you, Mike, And I'll tell you man, I'll tell you, Mike. Would you not agree that if that's not the best live of them of all time, that's certainly in the top two or three for sure.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 1: I'd go with that, all right? Thanks? Thanks man. Yeah, well, I love.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at this right now because I've known I've not listened to that whole album, but obviously I've listened to the high live version of Highway Star Classic. Looks like space Trucking on this album is a whole side and comes in at nineteen minutes.
Speaker 1: And before you two seconds.
Speaker 2: I gotta listen to that.
Speaker 1: That sounds awesome. I think the live version of Smoke on the Water is better than the studio version. If it's if it's I mean it's damn close. It's really good. Another topic we should do is live versions that are better than the studio. We'll do that, agreed. Hey Greg and Mason, Hey, thanks for holding buddy. What do you have.
Speaker 30: Is that me, Craig and Mason.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I had just Greg, but go ahead, Greg.
Speaker 30: Oh hey, a couple one is really gonna set you rocky. But I'll get it that in a second. But Rors by Fleetwood Mac begin to end.
Speaker 13: That's one sure yeah song on the album.
Speaker 30: And here's where you get upset rock you two. The early stuff, man, it was so good. But Doctor Tree an unforgettable fire beginning to end. It's like one huge two hour song on both those albums, and there's not a bad one on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greg, I gotta tell you, that's my my boy over here. I get so they don't listen to Joshua Tree. That's really good.
Speaker 30: I can hear his eyes rolling.
Speaker 1: He's usually see the look on his face. I'm open to, you know, considering opinions, you know.
Speaker 30: And I'll agree with you after the Joshua Tree not so good. But before that, that was a great band, right and uh And they're like memory songs for me. When I was in the Army and Desert Storm, I listened to those things, you know, constant leagues. I didn't have a lot of set tapes over there. They bring back a lot of good memories and I just love that stuff, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Greg, thanks man. So Joshua Tree was what year? Look, that'd have been eighty seven. That was eighty seven. I like, I'm thinking of zoos stage I was, you know, I mean that was that was right when I first started getting into, yeah, into into buying my own stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's I told you that story. Why my program director at the time. I had been working at EBN very long and doing the morning show, and I said, why don't you let me do again? He was real strict about the music we played, and uh, and I said, uh, why don't you let me play a song a week that we don't ordinary play and just kind of see get rated, you know, or trash you know. So, uh, With or Without You came out. That was the first single from that album, and I played it and I was walking down the hallway and he goes, hey, buddy, could I see you here in office for a second? What can I go? Yeah? He goes, uh, what was that song you played this morning? I said, Well, you told me I could play new music. He goes, well, buddy, we don't play bull Irish protest music on this radio station. That what he said, is that right? I said, you call that boo protest music. Listen to it, bro, He's like, don't play it anymore?
Speaker 22: Wow?
Speaker 1: Man, So that they used to drive it hard? Huh big?
Speaker 2: What was the one you told me the other week that they wouldn't let you play?
Speaker 1: It was like a might have been Copperhead Road, That's what it was.
Speaker 2: There was a strict like so what was the danger like that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: You guys would become known as like a country station and we couldn't risk that. It just seems like a hard line to dry blade too much cool music, you know, Come on, what's it gonna hurt?
Speaker 1: I was like Copperhead Road sounds like Leonard skinnerd. He goes, Yes, a great song. We don't play that all right? Fair enough?
Speaker 2: That's odd.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it, Chris, what's going on? Buddy? Thanks for holding What do you have?
Speaker 3: How are we doing today?
Speaker 22: Gentlemen?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 32: You guys are cracking me up, just really quicker. I got a couple so I'm cussing the same cloth as you, Rocky. So I just celebrated my forty sixth birthday the other day.
Speaker 1: The second awesome, thanks man.
Speaker 3: But I remember as a kid, like listen to.
Speaker 32: My Mom's vinyl and the album the Wall and looking at the art inside of it and how the lyric the songs went along. You can see the art work like you, it's fascinating but growing up for me, like you hit it with Master Puppets, But I'm like and Justice farolls right there.
Speaker 3: Also, I love that you threw out bone though.
Speaker 32: I love it man, because I'm plass to nine.
Speaker 6: Yeay, I'm I'm gonna hit you outside the head with this.
Speaker 3: Rocky entered the thirty six.
Speaker 1: Chambers Wu tang clean how about that? That's another right, Yeah, all blowing up? Yeah, you know, Eddie is let you go. I like part of a fuckingelic Darryl and Owensville. What's going on?
Speaker 30: What's happening?
Speaker 13: Yeah, A couple of them by the same artists, Sergel Simpson, Meta Modern Sounds and country music, uh for the first one, and then Sailor's Guide.
Speaker 30: To the Earth as well.
Speaker 3: They're tell a story all throughout, Like you guys were.
Speaker 1: Saying, see now Simpson and thanks, I'm not I'm familiar with the name, and I haven't heard a lot of the music, but I know he's huge.
Speaker 2: But by the way, I'm looking so I call her a little bit, Ago said.
Speaker 1: Fleeting maca.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at I mean, look at I mean look at this Settlet's dreams, you know, don't stop, Go your own way Songbird. Those are on the first side then, you know gold Dust Woman's in. I mean that's yeah, it's pretty strong.
Speaker 1: Chains on that. Yeah, Chain is the first track on side too. Yeah, let's stalk to Greg. Hey, Greg, thanks for holding buddy. What do you have?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, mister Positive, it has to be my boy Elvis. The sixty nine album Long Black Limousine, Only the Strong Survive any Day? Now, Oh my god, Rocky, have you heard it? Have you heard that song? It's from Elvis from Vegas to Memphis, from Memphis to Vegas. You don't realize how good it is. Oh my god, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna check this outwhere Black Limousine?
Speaker 1: Well there, yeah, check it out. That's a great one.
Speaker 5: The sixty nine album any Only the Strong Survive. It is fantastic, you guys, trust me. Any Elvis fan Withdrew love it all right?
Speaker 1: Thanks buddy, Let's get see when you squeeze one more? And here Tim and Blanchester, what do you have tim I got a couple for you guys.
Speaker 5: Rocky.
Speaker 13: You talk about songs that tell a story, Uh, don couver.
Speaker 33: Mellowcamps tells great stories in his and well, my favorite album is the Molly Hatchet album with Disaster and Whiskey Man on it.
Speaker 2: I know those two songs, those are those are the only two Molly Hatchet songs I know.
Speaker 33: But those are killers dreams. I never see im Yeah yeah, and thinks buddy and and that's all we've got time for right now.
Speaker 1: But was fun. If I bring this back on, appreciate everyone for calling. That was awesome. We're just talking about the albums that you you know, you don't skip a song on. And I can't believe I didn't say this one because I thought somebody for sure was going to say it. Who's next by the who ah dude? Certainly that is sure? Yes, with that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 7: From the uc Hell Traffic Center and UC Health's Weight Loss Center offer is surgical and medical obesity care and expertise called five win three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three breakdown of a car hauler reported now in seventy five southbout after Twelfth Street in Kentucky. Now that's off on the right hand side and got a bit of a delay behind that. Seventy five is also slowing between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Lateral over the ongoing road to work with the sotown's back to right around Locklan Split and Freeman due the Brent Spence Bridge on southbound seventy five a couple of minute delay to seventy four. Traffic is moving better now and no reported complications, and seventy one in Ohioway's seeing good travel times at two seventy five at the Indiana Kentucky state line has the work there near the Carroll Cropper Bridge through March my Rix remp He's radio seven hundred W d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night clouds. Thirty nine is the low four tomile looking at showers, especially in the morning in the high of fifty three, it is forty nine. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW O they're.
Speaker 8: Out there and there's nothing you can do to stop them. Scott's loan here and you know what I'm talking about. Your boss who parks at your office because they just want to chit chat, or Nancy from HR who stops by your desk and starts flapping her guns about on the dumb Real Housewives show you don't care about. Meanwhile, they're causing you to miss part of my show, The Scott Slung Show. There ought to be a law, but there isn't. However, there is a solution. Get the podcast of my show on the iHeartRadio app and catch what you missed anytime, and also consider working from home.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by Red Pilled America.
Speaker 2: Why haven't you listened to Red Pilled America? M I get it.
Speaker 22: You must