Speaker 1: And everything, caf and Sports Update, take a giveaways and show highlights, follow.
Speaker 2: Out KFE and wins.
Speaker 1: There's three on Instagram TikTok and next today.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, thanks, there you go. Welcome back here we are seven or four Patrick Mine show Ben levers in. We'll break down some biking stuff a little bit later on OTAs in the in the In the in the Books, Kevin Sieffert with an interesting article regarding JJ versus Kyler and the new GM as well. So let's get to there. But no time for the news, guys. The news, the news. I gotta hey tell you the hard hitting things going on in the world.
Speaker 4: This is Cafe In News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 3: You got that right to say, Paul Saints at Saints baseball dot com. Get on down to chs Field and see some baseball ladies and gentlemen. Your squad will be back in town soon. Actually not soon, like they're on the road trip for like the next four hundred years. But they'll be back soon. And when they're back, we'll tell you about it. Don't forget so much going on any game all year long. You can get a family pass for I believe just seventy five bucks includes food and tickets and all kinds of great stuff. So check it out, says Baseball dot com. Would you please thank you? Ben?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: You ever floating a hot tub down the Mississippi River?
Speaker 5: Oh no, but we did a story on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's happening right.
Speaker 5: This looks like fun m M Minnesota hot Tub Boats or something like that.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: I was hoping that I might be giving you a story. I did, but way late on the last week go. A new Minneapolis business is betting plenty of people want to find out how it feels to float down the river in a hot tub. Minnesota hot Tub Boats launched this past weekend at Boom Island Park, offering ninety minute cruises aboard floating hot tubs on the Mississippi River. Electric hot tub boat fits up to six people and travel at five miles pro They cruise a roughly mile long stretch of the river between Nicolatte Island and the Broadway Street Bridge.
Speaker 4: Well that's sweet, I'm watching the video. Yeah that's cool. It's a good idea. Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you get a safety briefing. I wonder if you can. Uh, I'm just gonna say it. Can you get it on?
Speaker 2: Sure? I mean sure, yeah.
Speaker 5: I think they have like a they have like the little what they called geo fences, so like you you know, like what to avoid in the river and all that stuff, and then they have like a GPS tracker so you don't go too far.
Speaker 2: But outside of that, I mean, yes, there's no camera. Who's driving this boat? You can't.
Speaker 5: You can hire a captain, or you can do what you're sa saving interesting uh huh yeah, Tommy Lee, I'm just gonna be shooting dice.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you guys do.
Speaker 3: Well, I see what you're saying. You'll be in there just a tank care room business. That's the shooting dice.
Speaker 2: Just like gambling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you probably, I mean for the right price, hire Bright McKinney if you want.
Speaker 2: Ye, will he perform my services? Say he's willing to perform.
Speaker 5: You look more like a smooth guy. Well, yeah, I suppose, I suppose you're right.
Speaker 2: I believe. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, like, yeah, he wasn't really performing, I mean he was, I guess he was, Yes, he was.
Speaker 3: I think he was performing service.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, right, yes, you're right, thank.
Speaker 3: You, I think thank you. Minnesota city is are racing to expand a new kind of emergency response system, one where the first officer to arrive at a nine to one one call may not be a person at all. Across the Twin cities metro police departments are rolling out drone as first responder programs. It's an unmanned aircraft ahead of police, fire or other emergency crews. The drones can reach scenes in less than two minutes, live stream footage to responding officers, and in some cases, determine whether anybody even needs to be dispatched.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, h Minnetonka already has logged more than six hundred drone flights since launching the program last year, which I can't believe. I didn't know this. How do you not see drones everywhere? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Dinah and Bloomington are testing similar systems. Brooklyn Park approved a four point six million dollar network of autonomous drones designed to cover the city, and Minneapolis officials are considering their own pilot program. The rapid expansion carries obvious tactical appeal for departments eager for information before officers arrive at a scene.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: So that's be a fad, ass, let's do it.
Speaker 6: I think Ben's TV station did a story on Minatanka's deal a couple of months ago, and they were showing how it works and yeah, the ability to just send a camera out there and be faster than any car or any other thing could and it's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I feel like, yeah, I feel like they're yeah, hmm. I think this is more of like a maybe this specific incident is not a not a big deal. It's almost like like what this could lead to is kind of the way I would think about it.
Speaker 3: Like RoboCop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit like.
Speaker 7: Again, think of the ability to assess what's happening and what's needed. I mean privacy, who I don't know. I don't want people spying on me either, But if I'm in some kind of an emergency situation and some drones flying over and assessing the situation and know what's needed, I'm.
Speaker 2: Struggling to find a downside. But I'm sure somebody will kind of complain.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it probably just is more like is this going to be used just for regular law enforcement? And then are they we just gonna have drones flying over all the time because as they go from point to point B, they're gonna be have they're gonna have to see all the things along the way.
Speaker 7: And it's like, well then stop nude sunbathing.
Speaker 3: You need to what you heard Roe said?
Speaker 2: Okay, your star, dear.
Speaker 3: Mister John, please get help.
Speaker 8: You're fine, Yeah, you're yeah, thanks, caught in this m right, see playoffs correct.
Speaker 3: I'm not creative songs for Luke bryan.
Speaker 4: Oh that's it's so bad. I wish I did, and I have no talent, but my god, that's ever put together.
Speaker 2: See that's self awareness, that talent. Yeah, thank you. We're all glad that you finally to go zero.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 5: But either because Luke Bryant, Saucy Noriega, I like that.
Speaker 4: Oh is that the guy that died? Sure, sure we'll take one of them. We've gone too soon.
Speaker 3: Southwest Airlines reversing course on its plus sized passenger policy. Uh, the discount carrier were no longer required plus sized customers to book an extra seat in advance.
Speaker 5: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 2: Why did you hit that?
Speaker 4: Oh that that's the captain When you see sus getting on.
Speaker 3: Jus, Melinda. We love the job you're doing, but please stop saying that.
Speaker 5: It's like a dollar an hour.
Speaker 1: We Linda must be pretty good at her job if that's all she's getting calling it.
Speaker 2: Fast right, well, she's saying it into.
Speaker 3: The radio and the whole she's just standing at the end of the jetway letting, letting the pilot know.
Speaker 7: I'm just imagining that the David Spade character from the nineties.
Speaker 2: Bye bye guy, huge.
Speaker 7: Only job he has. That's Southwest. Huh so you have reverse course they have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's right. Gate agents will now assign an extra seat for free if available, or work to get the customer on the later flight. Southwest says the change aims to create a more consistent and seamless experience. Yeah, okay, whatever. Yeah. And lastly, Google wants to release thirty two million mosquitoes in California and Florida as part of its debug program, but first it needs approval from the federal government. The initiative looks to stop bad bugs with good bugs by releasing hordes of sterile mosquitos to eliminate ones that carry disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says mosquitos are the deadliest animal in the whole wide world.
Speaker 2: True yeah, yeah, true true story.
Speaker 3: Google scientists say their eradication approach uses data analytics, sensors, and automation to scale the sterile insect technique.
Speaker 7: Now, can we find a way to train these mosquitoes to somehow kill the pythons in Florida?
Speaker 2: That would break great?
Speaker 7: Correct, Yeah, just like some kind of a snake poison that the rest of us are immune to. So like, if it bites us, we're fine. But if it gets like swallowed by a.
Speaker 2: Snake or if it you know, I don't know. I don't know how. I have a lot of good ideas. He's listening.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I feel about genetically modified animals.
Speaker 2: Oh, I couldn't be more in favor of, like King con. I saw a.
Speaker 3: Picture on my magazine here, dude, I don't know if you've seen this yet, Corey, maybe you have not. Let me look here in my Rolling Storm magazine. I just haven't turned the right page.
Speaker 4: You know what these are?
Speaker 2: Those are the dire wolves.
Speaker 3: Those are real life dire wolves they created. Man, I haven't seen those.
Speaker 4: Do you still get better? Do I win still get better homes and gardens, I get.
Speaker 3: Worse homes and gardens. Now, for people who.
Speaker 7: Remember that, the guy, the guy that runs that company was the guy that was asked on TV like could you make a unicorn if you wanted to? And he's like, well, yeah, but then I'm gonna catch a bunch of hells.
Speaker 3: What's not worth it existed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: But he said he could basically modify one to have a horn, Like, they could do it if they really really wanted to.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be a flying one, but it would be a unicorn.
Speaker 3: This whole article is that guy you're talking about, Ben Lamb? Is that right?
Speaker 5: I don't know Lamb.
Speaker 2: Anyway, maybe the whole article that's famous for poker, but.
Speaker 3: Science startup Colossal is on a mission to make animals productionized, getting rid of the need for eggs or wombs.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're gonna make They're gonna make animal meat without being animals artificial wombs. You know what I've got.
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 2: I don't like I don't like all this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if I understand that whole thing correctly, it's it's like less than one percent actual dire wolf or something like that is that it's been. They've had to use so many other pieces of genetics from actual wolves and other other canees to make that that it's like barely a dire wolf and so it's a mutt wolf. Oh, it's a total mut wolf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell that to the dire wolve's face.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm just glad somebody's finally putting some money into making really good, careful, careful fake wombs. Mine were out real quickly.
Speaker 5: You don't, Yeah, yeah, just like a flashlight y wow mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Does it suction to the wall?
Speaker 3: How dare you ask weird questions?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You don't know where the line is.
Speaker 3: There's a line, dude, does it? Yeah? It does.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you guys, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, like you know, I tell you what the What I saw on Instagram last night that I really want is a is a puma.
Speaker 2: There's a I don't know. I think she was like Ukrainian or something.
Speaker 5: She's got this whole Instagram page where she's got a black panther for a pet. God, it looks awesome. Really, wouldn't you want like a big cat for a pet?
Speaker 2: Especially if I was like Noriega.
Speaker 7: Right, Like if if you need to intimidate people who work directly for you, having a panther, puma, jaguar or whatever, that would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't want I don't want to lion because that'll like for sure eat me eventually.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, well, like a cheetah or something.
Speaker 5: There's like there's a big cat, big African cat that actually is like friendly to humans, that's not aggressive to humans. It's one of them, Max max Is Max is a big cat that like that.
Speaker 2: Was my nickname in high school. Big African cat.
Speaker 5: Kind of a long moniker. But I guess it works.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're gonna make a giant South Island giant moa huh, which is a huge bit a bird that stood twelve foot tall and weighed five hundred pounds, had eggs the size of.
Speaker 5: The football cheeze.
Speaker 2: That's a huge bird. Can he offensive rebound from time to time? I mean like, can we trade him for Rudy? Yes? Whoa to one of these moas verry moa. Wow, that's a huge bird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's big old bird. They're gonna make all kinds of things happen.
Speaker 5: Though, see and The thing is, why, why why do we need this?
Speaker 3: Because they're delicious?
Speaker 5: I mean they would extinct for a reason though, right.
Speaker 7: Well, ninety nine point nine percent of all species that have ever lived on this planet are extinct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need to bring them back.
Speaker 2: Extinction is the norm. We're headed for it for sure. Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe we have to stop our own extinction first. Yeah, well said, or maybe not screw it.
Speaker 7: Or maybe creating other things we can eat will extend.
Speaker 2: Our lives, right or that?
Speaker 7: Maybe we're headed towards ext extinction unless we make these moas and cut them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's have some moa strips. Yeah right, moa caniac combo nose low extra toes with a beer please and a side of dire wolf. Oh boy, a moa omelet sounds amazing. Yeah, we just needed to make it real sauce. Would you eat a moa?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, thanks, you couldn't need any less.
Speaker 4: Up come, that's good, that was brilliant.
Speaker 2: I'm on my way down. Man, I've lost nine pounds.
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 9: Really are you speaking German?
Speaker 2: I've lost you nine whole pounds or what? He cares?
Speaker 3: You got a big old hole on you.
Speaker 2: It is your dad dare you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, there you go.
Speaker 3: I can't find anything more about whether how much of the dire Wolf is actual dire Wolf. I'm looking through the article, but I'm not good reading.
Speaker 5: That's all right. It looks like a big article.
Speaker 2: Small words, yeah, really small letters.
Speaker 3: No. I love magazine articles, but I hate it when they're seventeen pages long.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think if I started the magazine, every article would be one page nothing more. You better figure it out and get to the point.
Speaker 5: See when you showed me that article. Yeah, the letters. Look, the font is so small. Yeah that I would just I would never read that. I would never take the time to read that. It is because it would feel like I'm getting nowhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is tough.
Speaker 2: Let's see, uh sway for the movie. Yeah, wait for the movie. Correct. M.
Speaker 3: The wolves were joined on their private two thousand and acre preserved by a third diar Wolf, their cloned sister Calisi. Oh that's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Anyway, yeah, so there you go. They're making things. I'm bringing it back to life. I for one would like to see Jimmy Hendricks again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See why don't we do that? Yeah? We just clone humans? Is ted Williams still frozen. Yeah, a whole bunch of people.
Speaker 5: Are you can clone Noriega?
Speaker 2: Would you clone wrap? Who would I cal him? Jane's Mansfields? Damn, Sorry, I set up wrong. Man. That's cool, man, that's all right. Are you doing great? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Would you guys ever clone a pet back?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so. There's a lot of doggies and kiddies out there.
Speaker 2: What's the animal Hawk just let leave his house?
Speaker 5: Moose?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cat.
Speaker 3: You can't prove that.
Speaker 2: What if Mose has become just a massive beast in the woods.
Speaker 7: He also let that cat out about thirty seven years ago forever.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know.
Speaker 5: In the wild, they can live a lot longer.
Speaker 3: I can, man, That's why I let her out. She needs to live long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wanted to explore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, poor moose getting some tail.
Speaker 2: Wow. What if she got stepped on by a moose and like five seconds after Hawk let it?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, this was ironic.
Speaker 2: That would be absolutely if there was a moose in Maple Grow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh my god, you guys you see the bear breaking news?
Speaker 3: Did you see it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's two blocks from my house. I treat two streets over a black bear. I saw the ring camp. Okay, yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was sent to yeah to ask you about that because I think I had to be near you.
Speaker 5: So is that in the news, Yeah, it was in the news. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How big of a bear are we talking here? I mean a big cuddly guy. I mean, but I mean.
Speaker 5: Exactly based on what I saw now, it was not on his two feet. I'd probably say if it was six foot and about uh four fifty huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at that black bear. Look at that bastard. What was he doing? Just wandering?
Speaker 5: Just wandering around, wander around?
Speaker 2: Leave them alone. He's fine.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you probably you probably eats.
Speaker 2: Like he's looking for moose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably hanging out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's two streets over from where. I'm so excited, man, I want to see this thing.
Speaker 2: Is that why you left?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because you knew a bear was on its way? I mean, yeah, left from other reasons, but yeah, that's one of them. Yeah, the bear, the bears on the loose.
Speaker 3: Man, you left from other reasons, Zach, What do you.
Speaker 2: Think of this bear? I mean I've seen better bears, especially you Dinah mean, my god.
Speaker 7: Jeez, So Ben, between now and when you go home. Are you going to stop somewhere and get bear bells? They're only like a dollar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might have to.
Speaker 5: I might have put the bear bells on our dogs when we go for walks, exactly. Carry bear spray with me now, yeah, yeah, But the black bears are nice bears. They're not the brown bears, brown bears, aggressive black bears, Cudley soft.
Speaker 3: I bet they all you too, though you don't think they won't. Let me check it out. Let me say how many times the black bears have eating somebody?
Speaker 4: No, they are not inherently mean. Yeah, see they're nice. They are timidus DNA would be nice to it. Don't don't shoot it right?
Speaker 3: Well, black bear attacks are and consumptions are incredibly rare. There are documentary instance of black bear's attacking and consuming humans, but the odds of being preyed upon by black bear roughly one in a million. That ain't so bad, not so bad? How many people live in a Dina?
Speaker 2: Oh fifty? You're good then, don't not good? Like green? Great film? More like one under than millions?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Got it all and.
Speaker 2: I read it. So you're telling me there's a chance.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, that's such a possible, It's not zero nope.
Speaker 2: So also do sports after this. This is the power of RIP Morning Show. We've been lever on the fan for some lines. It is your number one bus experience with Dayly.
Speaker 1: Check out the cafe and YouTube cha for e slisive videos, in depth takes, initials and password games.
Speaker 2: Beound to see this content.
Speaker 1: Sarch KFN and hit subscribe on YouTube today.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I would like to say hi and thank you to our friends with Starkey who bring us this NASCAR report. William Sawalach, our good friend. Third place in Nashville this weekend. Hell yeah, yeah, great right for Williams Sawallash third place in Nashville and that moves him up. I believe too. Let me take a look over haw ninth in the standings, up three spots to ninth in the standings in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Series after the race at Nashville. So well done, Williams Sawallach. Thank you Starky. Get your free hearing test at starkey dot com. Starky, everybody Starky. By the way, last night's race was rained delayed, but Denny Hamlin ended up winning the NASCAR Cup Series race in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Denny Hamlin, everybody three wide for the lead at the at the white flag.
Speaker 2: It was a hell of a hell of a race.
Speaker 3: Who's break? Cal aren't going to explode? That's the question. Oh man, they had a lot of crashes last night because it breaks. That was that right, and a lot of them, Yeah, just exploded with flames is.
Speaker 2: Did any handle them?
Speaker 7: Like fifty years old at this point, it feels like that's a name that's been around.
Speaker 2: He's been around for a long time. Yeah, I like that guy forty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he owns that team with Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys ever.
Speaker 3: Heard that guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And Steve Lombardosi.
Speaker 3: Steve's not a part of it anymore. They fired him why because of his mustache. That's so, you're right for some five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's time for a fan five on the power Trip.
Speaker 4: We could talk about the Vikings things in Vikings News, but hawk, Yes, the NFL season starts one hundred days from today with the Patriots at Seattle in a Super Bowl rematch Wednesday, September ninth.
Speaker 2: Just live in the moment. Are we're going one hundred days away?
Speaker 3: In the moment, looking forward to one hundred days from now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which means if that's one hundred days away, don't say it. Preseason football is even closer.
Speaker 3: That's right, baby, Yes, oh jeez.
Speaker 4: The NFL Hall of Fame Game Hawk is Thursday, August sixth at seven o'clock. Yeah, that guy loves it. Yeah, we'll be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we lost twenty bucks, as you won't be.
Speaker 4: I don't want to better because there's things change. Right, where's things change change? Yeah, there's things change.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Max doesn't sit to next well played. Uh, Maxo cares about this, and as do I. Caleb Williams will be on the cover of Madden twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Rip his knee and or ankle?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: The Spurs beat the Thunder one eleven, one zero three to advance to the Final Let's go Or. They will face the Knicks on Wednesday at seven thirty. The first two games will be in San Antonio. The Spurs Maxo, are a five and a half point favorite in Game one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank god they ended that uprising dictatorship that we know as the Oklahoma City Thunder. Nobody wanted to watch that In the NBA Finals, the Spurs, they're gonna be the favorites, but they're certainly not unbeatable, and I think it's gonna be a way more even series than had the Thunder advance, and it's gonna be all it's gonna be a lot of fun too, just insane fan bases. I mean, New York might sink into the ocean if the Knicks somehow find a way to actually beat the Spurs. But man, that game, that Game seven, that whole series was just everything it was advertised to be. And I mean Victor we and Binyama took over and you could see how much admitted to him at the end. Man, I mean he just burst into tears right away. That whole team. They just have such a I know, we didn't like him personally when they beat the Wolves, it wasn't the cleanest basketball, but it seems like they kind of got back to their ethical hoops in this series, and they just have such a bond, man. And they're a deep team, and they're not like these manufactured super teams that we've seen, you know, over the last decade or so. They built it from the ground up with just really good draft picks and everybody, all their superstars are like twenty four to twenty five and under it's insane. They're gonna be here for a really really long time. And it was it was so much fun and uh, you know, bleep the thunder.
Speaker 2: You guys cheering for Wemby or cheering for Cat. Wemby, Cat don't care. I'd be happy either way.
Speaker 9: But Wemby, you just you kind of want to see a great playoff run like he's had, get get rewarded, you know, especially in the NBA with they'll bring culture thing he might never with his you know he could. He's gigantic. He's not gonna stay healthy probably forever. So you want to see him geting.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna be telling him he'll be out of the league.
Speaker 2: Twenty years to get plenty of rings here. Wemby have a game.
Speaker 4: One of the Stanley Cup Final is tomorrow, Z echo at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Play somebody answer his question when don't we have? Does anybody know the answer?
Speaker 4: I can't wait. I'm gonna watch it. I'm excited, you're excited. I want Cat to win. I like Kat.
Speaker 2: Kat's a good person. I hope he wins.
Speaker 9: I think Cat will be actually him versus will be a unique little matchup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, it'll be entertaining.
Speaker 5: I've gambled too much and loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's only one way to get it back. Yeah, gambling. It's not hard work and effort.
Speaker 5: Yeah what, It's just like the slot machine, just just holding on to it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I gotta get some odds though. Why because the Spurs are the favorite. It's a seven game series. Anything can happens. It's the championships, anything can happen. No, yeah, thanks, I'm not letting you guys push being bullying me around.
Speaker 5: I'm not bullying you.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is going to win? Behaf When you have hold on, you don't need to your opinion.
Speaker 4: Who do you think is going to win? I think the Spurs? But I like the action. See you didn't think I was going to say that. Hold on here, I was.
Speaker 2: On the edge of my seat. Oh here, what are you looking up? The odds? Yeah? The Knicks are like plus one fifty plus one seventy. What's that mean? So one hundred and seventy dollars? If you bet one hundred, you win one hundred and seventy. Uh No, I don't want to bet it.
Speaker 3: Hawk, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Basketball.
Speaker 7: Nay nine you already took your money, Yeah, I did, I got at right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Game one of the Stanley Cup finalists tomorrow at seven pm a zacho between the Vegas Golden Knights and the Hurricanes. Game one and two will be Carolina.
Speaker 1: They have the Hurricanes off to a twelve and one start, the best postseason start I think since in like fifty years. So they are just on fire right now. Just the one little slip up and otherwise they'd be perfect. They go up against John Tortorella, who's got some championship pedigree and has seemingly unlocked just this Golden Knight squad and turn them into an absolute powerhouse. So it's a compelling series. It will be really good hockey. The ratings will be awful, but you know we'll be well for how I mean, just not really big markets, either Vegas or Carolina.
Speaker 2: So hockey fans will love it.
Speaker 1: The casuals will probably miss it, and it doesn't matter beginning. It will be a lot of fun to watch and I think even listen on the fan. I think we got the some of those games on, if not all of them, on kfan.
Speaker 7: So Vegas' success obviously helps the idea of putting all four major sports teams in last Vegas. Right when they came out of the gates hot, then when you heard like the Raiders are.
Speaker 2: Going there, and the A's are going there, the NBA is going to get a team there, it's like cool.
Speaker 7: But now that they've had nine years and this is already their third Finals appearance, now it's it's almost a detriment to the Raiders that the Vegas Golden Knights are so good and everybody in Vegas is like, this is our team. They're not a team that moved here. This is our squad and all they do is win. The Raiders just like, can we have some fans? Can we have a couple of them?
Speaker 5: In?
Speaker 7: The A's are terrible, So when they show up, it's going to be another relocated team that suck, that don't spend money. Cool, it might be an unbelievable stadium, But that's why I think the NBA team when it shows up there is going to have a really good chance because.
Speaker 5: It's going to be new, because the expansion team, it's going to be theirs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, Everybody in Vegas says that that's the difference is that they think they like the Knights because it's theirs.
Speaker 2: It's not a borrowed team.
Speaker 5: I don't think the Raiders. The Raiders will never have a home field advantage ever, I don't I don't care if they win a Super Bowl. Their ticket prices and the transient nature of all the people that are there, there's there's no loyalty to the Raiders ever. I don't think. I think they're gonna be They're gonna have a big, fancy stadium, and they're gonna find themselves basically in the same situation they were in Oakland that after a number of years they're regular fans are they're gonna be priced out. They won't be able to just sell their tickets to all the incoming fans the visiting team, and it's gonna suck for them. Well, so it'll be great for us when we go visit because it'll be seventy percent Viking fans.
Speaker 7: It definitely was at that one game that was the most boring football game I've ever seen in my life. It was the three nothing game. It was terrible, but it was mostly Vikings fans. Yeah, right, It was like sixty five thirty five kind of arrange something like that it was mostly Vikings fans unfortunately, because that was.
Speaker 2: That was brutal, right, Remember Jefferson went to the hospital. Yeah, yeah, some of the worst, some of the.
Speaker 7: Worst quarterbacking I've ever seen. Yeah, and man three, nothing changes so much.
Speaker 4: If they lose that game, they have like a top five pick in that twenty twenty four draft, it changes a lot.
Speaker 2: What a awful wind.
Speaker 7: He could set football back about fifty years. It feels like we started over after that. But anyway, we have a new GM we can talk about in this Man Vikings News after this this is.
Speaker 2: The power for money showing to think.
Speaker 5: From the way to your first floor.
Speaker 3: And it is time for Vikings News and there's plenty as Ben Leber is here to break down our brand new GM.
Speaker 2: Here's Ben, that's it.
Speaker 5: Honda is teed up.
Speaker 2: Everything we need to know. His entire life story, his entire life story.
Speaker 5: Well, he grew up in the Pacific Northwest and he is a foot country, Bigfoot country. He's probably seen the Sasquatch before, and we can maybe ask him that in this press conference.
Speaker 2: That's all I want to know now.
Speaker 5: And if he can find Sasquatch or knows where big Foot is can he play ball?
Speaker 3: Not a bad d line?
Speaker 2: You know, do people that live in the Pacific Northwest?
Speaker 7: Do they embrace the movie Harry and the Henderson's the way that Minnesotan's embraced like mighty Ducks or grumpy old men coach? Yeah, but just like you know, it's like they're very, very proud of it or is it an embarrassment?
Speaker 5: No, I think they're They should be. They should be proud of it.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think so too. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean what Utah hockey team was almost gonna be called the Yetti?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good point. Then Paul, was your hand up? Well, Utah? Are you going to give me two?
Speaker 7: So, like I wonder if Nolan Teasley I would say, like Harry and the Henderson's is like a top five phone for him.
Speaker 2: Probably probably, well he better. I mean if you can't wait to meet him and ask him.
Speaker 5: If he doesn't, then first question, I'm probably not a fan exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well soon even if he even.
Speaker 5: If he's lying, he should just at least say to this fan base, it's top five.
Speaker 2: It's top five, right. It greatly molded the man that he was, and he's.
Speaker 7: Gonna he's gonna make his decisions based on his love of that film, like he wants offensive linemen, specifically with size, with strength, but with kind hearts like Randon McDaniel.
Speaker 5: I think that's when they when they drafted Gray's abel, that hid the comp was Harry got it.
Speaker 7: Really, there's a whole circle we got there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, stew Teasley, O'Connell and Bersinski is a leadership team that features three experts in their respective field.
Speaker 7: So kind of like a triangle of authority. So we're back to that because that works so well the first time the.
Speaker 2: Triangle that was a disaster.
Speaker 5: Well even waits yeah, the second time around, I don't understand why it was a disaster. When people hear this triangle of authority, I think it's just semantics. I think every I think every organization is a triangle of authority for sure. I just think that we unfortunately named it something and put a label on it, so now we talk about it as if it's the triangle of authority, like it's something new. But don't you think that every GM. Don't you think Howie Roseman has a staff of people that he bounces ideas off of, or do you think that he scouts everybody himself and makes final decisions.
Speaker 7: No, And in the idea of it being a triangle and not like a duo makes a lot of sense, because if it's just two people, you can't like vote right.
Speaker 2: There's got to be a tie r. It's got to be an odd number.
Speaker 7: For example, the triangle of authority here at the Power Trap Warning Show, which is me, Chris and Chad Abbitt. Right, it's like the three of us get to make all the decisions.
Speaker 2: Yep, got to be three.
Speaker 7: Two doesn't make sense. One's a dictatorship. It's got to be three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, voting that guy no exactly, and he's always laid to the votes anyway because of that.
Speaker 2: Drop the draft, but to be sure, that is probably a better.
Speaker 3: Way to do Teasley, however, according to keV, receiver will be the Viking's primary decision maker.
Speaker 2: M So that's you know, that's the old Uh.
Speaker 7: That's the interesting question here, Benjamin is I don't know if we'll ever quite know, like what percentage of rob Razinski was this year's draft, right, and how much was koc how much was Flores probably had some say, maybe a lot of say, probably not all encompassing all powerful, say right, same thing with Seattle. I'm sure in his introductory press conference, it's going to be, well, how much of a part of the decision making process did you have? How much of these draft classes that have been really good for Seattle? How much of that was you? It's hard to quantify.
Speaker 5: So see, that is the question that I think we all are going to have, especially with big time positions like the quarterback. So hypothetically, if we rewound time and we go back to let's say January February, and we had identified Nolan Teasley back then, and let's say Brazinski was never interim GM, and we're entering free agency with new GM from Seattle, and it was still the triangle of power, right, it was still the same power structure and all this other stuff. All things remain equal, except the timelines now shifted back to February. Would his exposure experience playing against Kyler Murray in the NFC West, how would that have went into the formula to make the decision to sign him to a free agent contract if in his time when he's because he's been with Seattle his whole career, so he's he's seen Kyler Murray as a rookie all the way up till now. Kyler Murray's two and nine against the Seattle Seahawks in his available time, like he's played Obviously the teams have played more games, but he's been injured for a couple of games. So with Kyler being two and nine against the Seattle Seahawks and he's probably watched every single snap, does he like him? Does he dislike him? Where does and if he doesn't like him? But the head coach likes him, And the head coach is like, well, listen, you weren't here last year to see what we had what happened at quarterback? This is this is my opinion on Kyler Murray, and we're also going to get him for very cheap. Does no and say, I see what you're saying, but this is such an important position. I'm making the decision on this, and I vote no, Like, how does how would that work?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I guess that's I mean, that's the hypothetical. What we'll never we'll never know. But I think in a lot of these situations, when we do look at a triangle of authority or or whatever you want to call it, it was such a major decision. How does that play out? Is it really a three man vote? Do they really just like raise your hand in this room with the three of us guys, like who's yay or nay for Kyler? And then with Nolan having all this all these games experience and all these snaps being watched very intently, does he have more weight than the other two.
Speaker 3: He definitely has the scout in credentials that Quasi didn't. That's for sure.
Speaker 5: Well that's the thing, and I think, you know, so all that being said, with the hypotheticals that we can't we can't really just discuss, I just I enjoy the fact that we are getting back to just what we what we know about football, and football is it's not about numbers. It helps you, it helps you, like make partial decisions, it helps you color within the lines. But it's not all about the numbers. It's not all about the analytics. You still have to have a sense of what makes a good football player. And and sometimes it's not about how we've see you know, look at this this this flyer that who was at the the Eagles took who is that that that kid from from Africa that was part of the international program it doesn't matter his name, but you look at his metrics, and his metrics would say this guy is going to be a Hall of Famer. I mean the size, the strength, the athleticism, the change of direction, the speed, the explosive power that he can possess. You would think that this guy is going to be a Hall of Famer. But he still has got to play football. Lesler was another example. I mean, that's a that's a current example that we look at. Here's a physical specimen that nobody wants to like stand in front of and have to block, But the dude couldn't play football. So it is about which are the football guys? Which are the guys that have the mentality to play football? And it seems like he's he's got a knack for finding that type of talent. So I'm excited to see what happens with him at the Helm.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm excited too because Roberts and Skiaz sting in his role and again will be one of the three of the triangle authority for calling it that. But how about this, The Vikings are on track to spend one hundred million dollars lesson payroll this year than they did last year. Yeah, one hundred million dollars, and he mentioned it when we had to get ridder Gernard. Wasn't something we wanted to do. We just had to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's uh, that was a huge part of it. And the thing is, not only was there it was nice for a couple veterans current veterans to restructure their contracts to free up some of that money, but in in in the same timeline, in that same formula of trying to figure out how we're saving money, the guys that we were paying didn't produce, So it was like they weren't hard decisions to make outside of Gernard. Grearnnard had one money, he wanted more money. Dallas Turner seems like he's turned the corner. So you have to give the young guy a chance, especially with the rookie contract. So I'm sure the Wolves are very appreciative of the fact that they're going to spend one hundred million dollars less, But I don't think that it was like necessarily really really difficult decisions to make outside of Gernard.
Speaker 3: You know what I remembered when I was reading this article this morning, when we were in London, not Dublin, But no, it was Dublin. Maybe we were in Dublin and we were already talking before we interviewed one of those defensive linemen. You were just talking about about how disappointed we were.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that, and that was that early in the season. Didn't get any better, did it?
Speaker 2: No, it really didn't.
Speaker 5: And I think I think that is the you know, we talk about how long beleash certain people have. When you're a high priced free agent that's been in the league for already seven eight years, you don't get a lot of acclamation period. You it should be within game one and you're like, oh, yeah, this guy can play, yep, yep, this is yep. I know exactly why we paid this guy X millions of dollars. But when we didn't see that for a first handful of games, we're like, oh boy, I don't think this is going to work out.
Speaker 2: They were not good.
Speaker 5: No, And we were talking about Jalen Redmond the whole time. Yeah, I mean since since preseason, I mean really since the first week of padded practice. We're like, look at this guy, he can this guy can play, Like, let's see what this guy can do, and you know, against real in a real game, and then he goes out and proves in a real game. We're like, we talked more about him early parts of the season and throughout the whole season than anybody else in that defensive front we did.
Speaker 3: Can I read from Kevin Seffert's article about our quarterback situation gentlemen? Of course, In the team's second ota of the spring and the first open to local media members, Kyler Murray and JJ McCarthy both took snaps with projected starters and against the likely first team defense. If you were drawing up a plan to give each player fair and equal time to prove they are the team's best option, this would be it. But you can only have a genuine competition if there's actual uncertainty about who the best quarterback on the roster is. With the caveat that this was one day in May, with no pads and some drills performed at half speed, it is only fair to point out that the gap between the two quarterbacks was not close. Apparently, Murray made all the best throws of the practice, demonstrating his downfield touch and accuracy. Nothing McCarthy did was objectionable, and one of his few incompletions occurred when two receivers drifted too close to each other. While McCarthy's post practice comments about their relationship delivered headlines, it was Murray who might have said the most notable forwards of the afternoon. My confidence is unshakable. So according to Seaffert, it wasn't even close. And it probably I don't know, I guess that doesne surprises.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's shouldn't surprise you given his level of expertise and experience at this at this point in his career. I mean, JJ's entering year three that's been marred by injury and not a lot of snaps on the football field, and and Kyler has a ton of experience, so he should walk into this situation. And I mean that's the other things, Like they all know, I mean they know that this is a a weighted quarterback competition. It's it's going to be weighted towards Kyler. It's Kyler's to lose. I mean, Kyler would have to majorly s the bed for him to lose his starting role. It's a competition and the mental standpoint, but I think as far as the actual the roster and the way everything's shaping up. It's it's Kyler's to lose. So he should walk in and feel like he's the starter.
Speaker 2: Because he is.
Speaker 4: If JJ McCarthy was writing if his career only depended this season on his ability, would Kyler be here? What I mean is like he has the double whammy of he's injured a lot and he hasn't played he hasn't played well, like a bunch of games in a row. Would Kyler still be here if it was just based on his ability?
Speaker 5: M I mean, that's a hard question to answer because we don't know. I mean, if if you like take away the injuries from McCarthy, then who knows what happens in year one and who knows you know, what sort of role he gets on in year two. So I don't know. I think that there's a lot. There is a lot of skill and talent and just overall quarterback athleticism out of McCarthy. I think his his biggest thing that he has to continue to work on is the mental part of it. It's the process, you know, it's the understanding of when to use all the tools in my toolkit, and that comes with the experience. And so I think you know, I guess in a roundabout way to answer your question, I still think that we'd be in a situation where we were second guessing whether or not McCarthy is the guy going forward. So, going back to Kyler's contract, probably in the same situation where it's like, oh, why don't you just bring this guy in just because he's extremely cheap, He's got a lot of snaps under his belt. And let's see if we can actually have a quarterback duel to have one of these guys earn their spot.
Speaker 7: Can I have you guess something on June first? That is impossible to know, So it's just shot in the dark. Let's just see if we can track it and see how close you get. Yeah, seventeen games right.
Speaker 2: For the regular season for the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 7: If you had to guess how many starts Kyler, Carson and JJ each get this year, what would you guess? Give me the split? I think because all three of them have injury histories, right.
Speaker 5: I think Kyler gets twelve, JJ gets five, and Carson gets zero zero.
Speaker 7: Anybody else have a hot take? Anybody else want to guess? So you're going twelve and Carson wins the job.
Speaker 2: Outright, sauce.
Speaker 4: I think Kyler plays fifteen of them and Carson Wentz plays the other two. Like that, I think McCarthy is either the third quarterback or he gets traded. If a source, no, I would tell you, I'll tell you off the air if I did, I do not.
Speaker 2: I just my guess. It's your hot. Take.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's your hot because I think the same thing that you said, Ben, and you're one hundred percent correct about Kyler.
Speaker 2: The same thing with the new GM could be said about JJ. He has no ties to JJ.
Speaker 4: He could walk in here and go, yeah, we fine, but the kids are distraction in a way, right. Kyler's the starter. We're going to move on with Kyler. Let's see if we can find a way to move McCarthy. You have Carson Wentzon here, who knows your offense, who can move the football. Let's find a way to move well JJ.
Speaker 7: Speaking of histories, wasn't wasn't Brozmer the disaster game against Seattle? Yeah, yeah, he's got to be like, oh crap, we hired a seat guy. He watched my entire game, Son of a bitch, it's over. That's yeah, that wasn't his best performance? Uh, fan five and a second headlines.
Speaker 2: Later more of the power to morning too. After this on the fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary tr