Speaker 1: As we speak.
Speaker 2: Dave Bryan one on one point three kd W B Fact. Okay, let's play the brand new Harry Styles. I'm gonna play the entire thing. I'm going to play it from beginning without talking over the intro like DJ's do that. You're like, what's our name of our show again? The band Spanking and the banded show. Here's the Bloodlue Harry Styles. I'm going to play it from beginning to end so you can hear the entire song in its entirety. It is one of the longest songs in recent radio history. Five minutes and two seconds Harry Styles Aperture. It's new Harry Styles. I canna tell you. At the beginning of that song, I wasn't sure that I'd like it, But the more I listened to it, yeah I knew.
Speaker 1: I hated it.
Speaker 3: Oh now, no, no, no, no, I.
Speaker 1: Will say that song.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's sure, it's a little slow, it's a little weird, but it really sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just having some fun, ridiculous, I'm just having fun.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's such a weird song. Honestly, it is. It is.
Speaker 2: It's just a weird song, and I will tell you what's amazing. There's one thing that's amazing about it. It's an amazing thing about this song that it got on the radio. That's amazing. That is amazing. It's a weird song period. But then just for Harry Styles to sew off brand too, So it's like.
Speaker 3: Dave, you're going to get a call from the boss later.
Speaker 2: He called me a while ago and he said, I share your opinion. That's the great thing about new music because you don't have to like it. It's kind of like trying a new restaurant. You can go into a new restaurant and go, I liked it, or your friend can be like, wow, I didn't like it at all.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: And it's not that I hate it, it's just it's did you say, Van, that is off brand for Harry Styles? And I think it's a little bit like, yeah, he's usually a little bit more melodic, Yeah.
Speaker 3: More poppy. That was like disco. What'd you say earlier? You said it sounds like you.
Speaker 1: I think Jenny came that came up with that game.
Speaker 4: I really said you're drunk at the club. I said, you're on LSD at the club. Which I do not know what that's like, but I have watched movies of people being lsd at that's what.
Speaker 2: I imagine, and maybe that's what he's going for. Kind of a psychedelic kind of a thing, right exactly.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of the text messages also don't like it.
Speaker 5: But this person said, if I were drunk and at a rave and the DJ sped this up, I'd be having.
Speaker 2: The j Yes, you could be right about that. All right, we're gonna do play a little game here. We're gonna play Alexa passwords, so we need to make up Alexa. And here we go Alexa. Good morning, morning, David.
Speaker 6: I'll hope your days off to a better start than my attempts at making coffee. Turns out, I'm all buzz no beans.
Speaker 3: You're a robot. She doesn't make coffee.
Speaker 2: That was that, good job, Alexa. Tell me about the weather in Minneapolis today.
Speaker 6: It's a sunny but brutally cold day in Minneapolis, currently minus sixteen degrees with the high of minus nine and low of minus twenty three. There's an extreme cold warning until noon, with wind chills as low as forty five below zero. That's dangerous enough to cause frostbite in just ten minut and it's of exposure. Please dress in layers with a hat, mask and gloves if you must go outside, and keep pets indoors as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding, Alexa. We're going to play passwords, so stand by.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm ready when you are, Just give me the signal and I'll jump in metaphorically speaking, since I'm more of a stay put kind of assistant.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Bailey, your password. You're start here. You're going to try to get her to say Jimmy John's Jimmy Johns.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, Alexa, what sandwich shop has freaky fast delivery?
Speaker 3: Looks like Jimmy John's.
Speaker 6: On set zero point six miles away?
Speaker 1: And Alexa stop? Okay, I go next.
Speaker 4: I'll give this one to Dave to start. Get Alexa to say kite.
Speaker 1: Alexa, finish list for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, Alexa, finish this lyric Let's Go Fly a Kite.
Speaker 6: That's from the classic song Let's Go Fly a Kite from Mary Poppins.
Speaker 3: Hi, Jenny, your password is welcome.
Speaker 6: David always happy to help with song lyrics, even if my musical range is limited to beeps and boops.
Speaker 1: Beeps and boops.
Speaker 7: You've played full songs anyway, Jenny, your password is majong.
Speaker 3: Good Alexa.
Speaker 4: What is the game that's gained a lot of popularity and comes from the Asian culture?
Speaker 3: Is making.
Speaker 6: Centry Asian title game is trending on TikTok, attracting a new generation of fans beyond traditional Chinese New Year gatherings.
Speaker 3: A tough one, vont Your password is going to be frigid.
Speaker 7: Alexa, Alexa, give me five synonyms for the type of temperature it is outside today.
Speaker 6: Here are five synonyms for today's bone chilling temperature. Frigid, glacial an Arctic.
Speaker 3: Glacial wile.
Speaker 2: Jenny, Yeah, your keyword is testical, geez, David, mine, Alexa.
Speaker 4: What is a medical term for the male body part that is below the penis?
Speaker 6: The medical term for the male body part below the penis is the scrotum.
Speaker 3: It's a saplach structure.
Speaker 6: That contains the testes and other reproductive components.
Speaker 7: Does test go No, we're going to get from I'm not quite sure what you're asking about.
Speaker 3: You clarify what you mean.
Speaker 7: Hush, it'd be nice to her, all right, David, your password is chronic.
Speaker 2: Alexa. Snoop Dog likes to smoke the what.
Speaker 6: Snoop Dog is known for his love of marijuana. He's been open about his cannabis used throughout his career.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Alexa, what is it called when you're constantly in pain?
Speaker 3: It's called chronic pain.
Speaker 6: Pain lasts for months or even years, often beyond the expected healing time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel that, Alexa. Bailey, Get Alexa to hear you, David.
Speaker 6: Chronic pain can be incredibly challenging to live with day after day.
Speaker 4: Stop, Bailey, can you get Alexa to say?
Speaker 3: Wind chill? Windchill? Okay, Alexa.
Speaker 5: When Minnesotans talk to each other and make small talk about the web, they say, it's not the temperature that gets you.
Speaker 3: It's the It's the humidity that the real How would they say it in the winter?
Speaker 6: In winter, Minnesotans say, it's not the temperature, it's the windshield that tweeze your face.
Speaker 1: Good job, really woo Okay that was one, Alexis. I think she's getting smarter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she really is weirdly in love with you.
Speaker 1: I think so. At least somebody is all right.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: It is Friday morning dance party on K d double. You be trying anything to distract you from the cold, and I hope it's working. It's gonna be cold all weekend long. Today's high minus nine, tomorrow's high minus two. The good news is, I guess if there's you know, like a lot of sunshine, so we do have that at least there's that. I yes, and I will take that. Yeah, right now it is minus twenty two on KTWB. Here's some more good news. One thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: Now your chance at one thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars just to enter this nationwide keyword on our website dollar.
Speaker 1: That's dollar KDWB dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna go to KDWB dot com and there's a little box that should pop automatically and then you type in the keyword at dollar d O L L A R. Heated heated underpants. Do they sell heated underpants? Because if they did, that'd be a great thing. They're a little battery operated heated underpants. No.
Speaker 5: I I think in theory it sounds nice, okay, But in actual practice no, because then I just think of my lady parts getting heated up like a little oven.
Speaker 3: No, that's gonna smell bad. Okay, Oh, my god, think about.
Speaker 5: Think about like if you're like laying out in the sun and you go in inside and then you're like.
Speaker 1: Aren't too much and then too much?
Speaker 4: Didn't whatever, all the guys would get sweaty zz too. And trust me, that smell is awful as well.
Speaker 1: And where did the show go off?
Speaker 3: I'm under where you said we're.
Speaker 7: Talking about sweaty bizzles and said testicles both in the same hour.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, okay, Well, what if with your thousand dollars you can get whatever you want, a heated jacket, the heated socks, electric socks, whatever it is. You get one thousand dollars to blow on whatever you want. You pay your bills with it if you want to all. So that's the name of the contest. But I always suggest it's found money. Money you're not expecting. So when you enter the word dollar on Katie w beat on common that box it pops up within about an hour. So you'll get a phone call from something that said no caller ID. You got to answer that phone call. And I know some people have missed out on their thousand dollars because they've you'd forget the internet. No caller ID comes up and they go right to the next caller, So make sure you answer your phone. At the worst that could happen is somebody you don't want to talk to and you just tap that red button and you're done. But it could be one thousand dollars, So go to katieweb dot com and a keyword dollar.
Speaker 1: What are we doing coming up on the show? Anything good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bailey has gotta take the stage or Katie it hits something good?
Speaker 1: Why did you do it?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 3: Would you rather? Friday?
Speaker 1: Give us an example?
Speaker 5: Okay, would you rather have to always wear heavy boots or have to never be able to wear shoes?
Speaker 3: Heavy boots or no shoes shoes?
Speaker 5: Think about it and we'll answer that question along with other would you rather?
Speaker 3: On The Daily Bailly, She's got.
Speaker 1: A beer in one hand and a seaver saw on the other. Jenny on the Dave Ryan Show. On kat w B.
Speaker 5: Today on the Daily Bailey, it is would you rather? For Friday? So I got some would you rather? Questions that I'm going to go around the horn and ask. If you have answers, you can text five three nine to two one David Jenny Vaant would you rather have to always wear heavy boots or never be able to wear shoes.
Speaker 2: Had time to think heavy boots, heavy boots, because I would rather put up with that than never like you know, hot sand, hot concrete, glass, things like star pop snow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jenny, Yeah, I'm going barefoot because that's how we were brought into this world, and I think we could all adjust to that.
Speaker 1: You sure we did? What did? We immediately decided we had to invent shoes.
Speaker 3: You're going to save vodka.
Speaker 7: I'm going heavy boots too, Yeah, I just I don't even like walking around like a lake with no shoes on, like the grass with the lake, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna also go with Jenny, no shoes because I can't imagine it being summer and wearing heavy boots like yeah, nowadays it would suck. But okay, would you rather have the hiccups forever or always feel as if you're about to sneeze?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, ups forever? They're both terrible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hiccups forever?
Speaker 4: N No, I don't want to constantly be having noise come out of me. I have to go the sneeze, yeah, okay, Vaughn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess the sneeze because you'll get used to it after.
Speaker 5: A while, Yeah, because it kind of just lives in your eyeballs. Maybe you'll always be kind of like a little bit squinty and you'll have that little tickle in your nose.
Speaker 7: And what if there's like a murderer, like a burglar coming right and he's gonna murder all of us and you have to be as quiet as you can, but then you hiccup and you reveal your hiding spot.
Speaker 3: He finds you, and that happens so often.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, would you rather lose your sense of smell or your sense of taste?
Speaker 3: I know that they're connected.
Speaker 1: Disregard that, sure, okay, yeah smell.
Speaker 3: Smell, yeah, really vaught not taste? Yeah? Interesting?
Speaker 5: I would say taste only because like I love the smell of like summertime, and like the smell of like the beach and the smell of uh tomatoes and things like that.
Speaker 3: But taste.
Speaker 5: I could eat so much like healthy foods because I wouldn't the taste wouldn't bother me.
Speaker 3: No, No.
Speaker 7: When I had my wisdom teeth out over the winter break, I was like dying for just the taste of anything with some seasoning because all I was in but he was like yogurt and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh, Okay, would.
Speaker 5: You rather be forced to live the same day over and over again for a full year or take three years off the end of your life?
Speaker 1: Take three years off the end of my life?
Speaker 3: You don't live the same day over and over?
Speaker 1: No, that would drive you baddy?
Speaker 3: Okay long for a year? A year?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'll do that one, because I would never want to lose three years of my life. I mean, you're you're losing like a year basically from that. But then at least it's too less.
Speaker 7: Imagine you take the you take the living the same day, but then right after.
Speaker 3: It's just like, oh well you died there anyway.
Speaker 4: Three years but coming up, pick which day it or does it happen to be like one of the worst days in my life?
Speaker 3: It's to day. Well, if you get to Louth, it'll be fine. Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, I'm gonna say I'd rather be forced to live the same day over and over again, because we've seen Groundhog Day and he like ends up doing different things with his day for I mean, over and over and over again. So then think you could be on the show and then be like, Okay, joke didn't land. I'll try something else and see which one, and then just like continue to be funnier and funnier and funnier, and then people text them they'll be like Bailly's on fire. Next question, all right, this is the last one. Would you rather live one life for a thousand years or live ten lives for one hundred years each?
Speaker 4: Do you mean like I would be Jenny one year and then I'd be Baily one year.
Speaker 1: One hundred years, you'd be Bailey for a hundred years.
Speaker 5: Sorry, yeah, yeah, So you could either be Jenny for a thousand years or you could be Jenny for one hundred years, Day for one hundred years, Bailey for one hundred.
Speaker 3: Years, for one hundred years. Oh, that's a good question. So ten lives for one hundred years each or one life.
Speaker 7: For a thousand years, I'm going to I get to switch up for a hundred years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I never want to die, even if it's and if I'm a thousand, I don't want.
Speaker 3: To be old, you know, because then what can you do?
Speaker 5: I bet you would stay hot, like it would be like a vampire thousand years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not like you really do.
Speaker 7: Four hundred and seventy nine years old, You're like, oh, still barely kick in and I still got another.
Speaker 2: If you're young and healthy, what if you stay like thirty five years old the entire time.
Speaker 3: For a thousand years. There's so much life you have to witness. I would be like back in my day for the rest of time. Everything is back in my early Okay.
Speaker 5: So you'd say ten lives for one hundred years each, Yeah, okay, David.
Speaker 1: Ten lives for one hundred years A yeah.
Speaker 5: I would also say ten lives. Then you have ten unique lives. It'd be more exciting that way I would.
Speaker 4: I would say the same person because I like who I am as a person, and I don't want to like wake up one of my one hundred years and be like a crack addict or something.
Speaker 1: You know, you never know who you're gonna get.
Speaker 5: You never know who you're gonna definitely know that's true, and that, my friends, is would you rather Friday?
Speaker 2: On The Daily Bailey, all Right, Dave's Dirt final version, Some things to Do This Weekend and more coming up next on k dub ub.
Speaker 8: W B.
Speaker 2: Things to Do This Weekend. Skyscraper is on Netflix tonight. It might not be your thing, but I'm gonna just cover really briefly. It's the guy who did the movie Free Solo and he's gonna climb the outside of the skyscraper.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh, David, are you all right? Is that the air?
Speaker 2: It's just a tickle in Taiwan tonight, So I will be watching that for sure.
Speaker 3: For sure, that's exciting.
Speaker 4: Dumoa shared a rumor that Harry Styles is the planned host of Saturday Night Live on March fourteenth, which is the weekend after the release of his album Kiss All the Time Disco occasionally for sure.
Speaker 3: So he probably will be the host.
Speaker 4: And then this weekend Ones and l it's gonna be hosted by Academy Award nominee is It or Tayana I Forget and she is the up for Supporting Actress in one battle after another. And then the rock band Geese, who I've never heard of in my life. Is the musical artist.
Speaker 7: Tiana Taylor's been doing it lately. I think she just got nominated for a couple of Oscars too. For Sinners And.
Speaker 5: Speaking for speaking of Tiana Taylor, there was a viral clip about from the Golden Globes with Leonardo DiCaprio him speaking to an unseen person about K pop demon Hunters during a commercial break, and Tiana Taylor she initially said, oh, yeah, that was me that he was talking to, and then and she took it back.
Speaker 3: She's like, now he wasn't talking to me.
Speaker 5: But Leonardo DiCaprio has like added this like new confusing layer to this story as he addresses it, saying, at the end of the day, who knows if this other person that I was talking to wants me to even mention their name. I'm not a rat, And so we still don't know he was talking to. But now, right exactly, why do we care about blip reading about it.
Speaker 4: It's just like being like, oh, I saw you were like, I don't know what this is, and then you got really into it. So it wasn't like it was anything negative that he was saying to the.
Speaker 5: Right, And I think it was just like, yeah, why don't why don't you want to tell us?
Speaker 3: It just seems weird.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it'll come out eventually, but I think it was just because it was a novelty moment of seeing Leonardo DiCaprio have a personality other than you know, an actor that's true, you know, and.
Speaker 3: So we're like, oh, he seems fun. We've been talking about this.
Speaker 7: Actually Tisdale Mama drama and Dylan Efron Zac Efron's slightly better looking brother, took his side in the whole matter.
Speaker 9: I try to stay out of that, so I don't know too much. All I know is actually, like since I was a kid, she's been so sweet to me, so I can't envision her doing anything malicious to the mom group. So hopefully it's just a misunderstanding. I honestly don't know what's going on, though.
Speaker 2: Before you do anything this weekend, make sure it's not canceled, because there are a lot of things that have been canceled. So I'm going to list some of these things, but before you head out there, there's possibility could be canceled. I don't think the boat show is going to be canceled. That's going on the Convention Center. That's indoors, and everything will be just fine. That's kind of a cool thing. Little sign of spring. Twins Fest is going on this weekend as well. The cat show Saintly City Cat Club Annual Championship Cat Show is at the River Center.
Speaker 1: That doesn't look like it's canceled.
Speaker 2: Now here's something that just again I'm not saying that it is, but just be checked before you run over there. The one hundred and fortieth Winter Carnival, Fire and Ice Winter Run at the State Fairgrounds. They're doing a five K, ten K, fifteen twenty and a kids run. But again that's going to be very cold on Sunday. What's the high on Sunday?
Speaker 4: Are they saying she's supposed to be like single digits at least like above zero?
Speaker 3: I think maybe six degrees?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Winter Carnival is going on, ice Plock Carving Championships at Rice Park this weekend, Vulcan's Snow Park, Snow Vulcan Vulcan Snow Park, Snow Stomp at the Fairgrounds. Again, a lot of these things they fit right in with a winter carnival, but you never know. Pond Hockey Championships said today's games have been canceled, but here's one that's still going on. The Pickleball Central Indoor National Championships are going on this weekend, and there's some other things to the Indoor Beach Party of Minnesota Children's Museum and snow Crossed down at Canterbury Park is going on this weekend.
Speaker 1: Also nice.
Speaker 3: This is a weird story.
Speaker 4: The FBI is investigating the death of Indianapolis Colts owner Jim erse.
Speaker 1: Isra I think maybe, okay, I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's spelled I r S so okay, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: His death certificate cites it as a heart attack called by a cute p ammonia. However, in the months prior, a doctor had provided him with opioids and ketamine despite a history of addiction, so the FBI has subpoanut records of his prescription and illegal substances substance use, as well as his relationship with doctor Harry Harutunin. So the recovery specialists stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel where Urs died in his luxury suite, and the doctor signed the death certificate, so no autopsy was performed, but he did die with a net worth of five billion dollars. Flood included, obviously the NFL's Indianapolis cults and a valuable collection of guitars that once belonged to dozens of Broccoli legends like the Beatles.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's yeah, Wow. Of the Beatles guitar and a Prince and Kurt Cobain guitar.
Speaker 5: That's days writing this down, He's like, I would like one of those? How gonna get one of those? The Winter Olympics are just around the corner. They start on February sixth, and this year, the two actors from Heated Rivalry, the Gay Love Story about hockey players, they are going to be carrying the Olympic torch, which is really cute because in the show, these two characters that they play attended the twenty fourteen Winter and Olympics as well.
Speaker 3: So, oh my gosh, a full circle moment.
Speaker 7: Here's Steve Cornaki talking about Harry Styles and the tour that he just announced yesterday.
Speaker 3: Number four.
Speaker 8: This is gonna run through October thirty first, Halloween, right, so this is going to include on October thirty first, and I believe if I'm seeing this correctly, here on October thirtieth as well, they're gonna call that Harry Ween.
Speaker 3: These don't call it that. That does not need to catch it Harry Ween.
Speaker 1: It's Harry Ween.
Speaker 7: I saw somebody talking on the internet about, you know, Harry Styles doing this thirty night residency at Madison Square. Garden saying it's unpopular opinion, but I hate this residence type touring because it basically shifts the cost of travels to the fan. Because you know, it used to be artists traveling to get money and to get as many fans as possible. Now we got to spend the extra money on flights, hotels, and then I didn't even think about JENNI brought up sometimes you know, Adella has canceled shows, Kelly Clarkson has canceled part of the residency. So I made all these plans that travel to Vegas for the weekend, and now I'm stuck here.
Speaker 2: Can't get a refa right, I mean, like, for example, if Harry Styles played at US Bank Stadium and he canceled, to be like, oh, okay, well you know, I'll get a refund on my tickets, but I didn't have airfare hotel.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So the AFC Championship game is Patriots versus Broncos three o'clock, I think, what two o'clock on Sunday our time, two o'clock our time on Channel four. And the NFC Championships Rams and Seahawks is at five point thirty Sunday on Fox and then the winners of these two games both go to the What Bailey the.
Speaker 3: The Disney World.
Speaker 1: Disney World, Yes, yes.
Speaker 5: In the parade, Yes yes, I worked there during that parade Free Mickey years.
Speaker 3: Maybe honestly, probably they're got money. They don't need it.
Speaker 2: You're so silly, you are. Okay, that is it. Have a great weekend. Stay warm.
Speaker 1: You know what can I tell you?
Speaker 2: Watch your dogs, watch your cats, watch your kids, watch yourself.
Speaker 5: If you go anywhere, put on a coat. If your kids go anywhere, force them to wear a coat.
Speaker 2: Okay, period, Stay warm. We'll see you back here Monday on KDWB