Speaker 1: Tube and the iHeartRadio app. It's one on one point three.
Speaker 2: Kd w B Wingstop. Can I get your thoughts on Wingstop? Because we decided to indulge a little bit on Saturday night we got Wingstop because we never get Wingstop and we're like, oh, it's a wingstop. I thought it was Mid.
Speaker 1: Oh I told you this maybe a week and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was okay, it it was wings but it was Mid.
Speaker 3: They just built one near me and Alissa's house and she was like, oh, we should get and I was like no, you know, I'm the wing enthusiast, but I if I'm advising against it, don't do it. It's just I had it once and it was not memorable enough for me to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree, Yeah, okay, I'm back to Buffalo Wild Wings or maybe I don't know your local neighborhood wing place.
Speaker 1: What's the one you get Bailey Seerums, Well, Cereums is the one that's in a nooka and they're like famous for their wings. But me and my mom, like I grew up on Befo Brady's wings in andover, but that's just like a literal neighborhood bar. Yeah that they just have really good wings. So and they made them exact way that I wanted them to. And I'm so finicky with wings. If they're not made the exact way I want them, I don't want them.
Speaker 2: They're still but they're still waking.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to slimy.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean. They can make them so many different ways. Best wings in town are the taking wings over at ikes over a minute, taka takaways. Oh, they're so good. Yeah, it is Monday, it's Katie W. B. Bailey. Where'd you go on your data over the weekend?
Speaker 1: Well, I went on two dates over the weekend, So here's a time.
Speaker 2: And you don't know, Bailey is perpetually single, dateless, whatever. She's been in love a couple of times. They were gay, but she thought that she could change them because you know, she likes the gay guys so much. I know you like the gay ones, but a lot of the time they don't like you the same way you might like them. But you found a guy who likes girls.
Speaker 1: Yes, as far as I know at this point, he does like girls. And yeah, I met him on hinge last week. I went on three first dates, like from Hinge first, Hinge, I love that for you, and this one was the one that like stuck. So he was like, yeah, I would love to see you again. When are you available? And I looked at my planner I was like never. But I So I have this like kind of side gig thing that I do where I go and I evaluate high school musicals all around the state and then I say like, here's what's good about your show, et cetera, et cetera. And so I had two of those this weekend and I technically get two tickets to those shows. So I said, you know, if you want to do something, you can come with me to my Friday night show, and if you want, you could come to Friday and Saturday. He's like, well, let's go to Friday and then you can tell me if I'm a good enough audience like companion, and then if I am, then I'll come with you on Saturday as well. And so he came with me both Friday and Saturday. We got beer beforehand for both. We went like to a brewery that was like nearby for both days, got a beer and then went to the show. And he I don't know if he's ever seen theater in his life, so already I'm like, oh my gosh, she cares like, wow, he's going to this thing that I like. And he was like enraptured by this high school theater production on Fridays. Yeah, I mean he was like thrilled to be there, I guess. So I thought that was funny and cute. And he dressed up both times, which I also thought was cute because I barely dressed up both times as it's high school theater. But yeah, I thought it was it was fun. I think going forward, I would like to see him again, but I don't want it to be where we are on like a set schedule, because that's kind of what threw a wrench into it both Friday and Saturday is that we were at these like breweries for like a half an hour to like quick drink a beer, have quick conversation, and then we sat in a theater for in the dark for like two hours and then could talk for like fifteen minutes in intermission. And that's kind of it. So I don't really like get to hang out much at all. But I was telling my coworker on Saturday at the debate tournament that I was like, oh, yeah, it's my third day tonight. And he's like, oh, third date. You know what that means. I was like, what, I don't know what you're talking about. Yes, you do, Like, that's the date that you can touch butts? Is the third date?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I was like okay, oh yeah, And I thought that I've never.
Speaker 4: Heard that before in general. I haven't either. I d yeah, that's kind of the third the rule of threes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said it was like universal knowledge. It is kind of your universal knowledge. Yeah, but I did not. We did not touch butts. We were at a high high school parking lot. Uh with under fluorescence. What does that mean? It means nothing. I was in a high school parking lot under fluorescence. You were in a car, I'm not, No, my car is tiny. I have a coop, I have a two door.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we did not touch butts. But I didn't realize that was a thing. Well.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get too personal or anything, but I mean, are there plans do you think it might be in the future to touch butts some down there?
Speaker 1: I mean I haven't written it in my planner. Okay, you haven't put touch butts. A couple of thoughts here. I write that as somebody who's been to town a time or two. Yeah, I'm going to give you a couple of things here, Okay, a couple of too many times. It's lovely that he goes and does what you want to do. Right now, it's your turn to go and do something he wants to do. And that's what I said I would like. I said, I would love to come do something that you want to do, because he's been very agreeable by saying like, yes, I'll go to these things with you. Love that about this guy, right which is super nice because I will show that my last boyfriend. And if I was like, hey, do you want to go do this thing, he'd be like I don't rona And then if I made him, he'd be like, no, I don't like it here. So it was nice that he was like, yeah, I'll totally come with you to those two weird, very niche things that you do.
Speaker 2: What does he want to do?
Speaker 1: I know, Well, he likes sports. He's just like a regular dude. So if you can imagine like going to do trivia on a Tuesday night and then you see a table full of dudes who are all like kind of business, casual, all playing trivia. He's like one of those that's.
Speaker 2: Perfect for you. Yeah that's great. Yeah, so go and meet his friends.
Speaker 1: That would be cool. I love meeting people's friends.
Speaker 2: Your problem is, and I'm not trying to like give you too many instructions here, sir, you're not clearing your calendar for this person.
Speaker 1: But I already have a full ca My calendar was.
Speaker 2: What do you got that you can't go to? What is tonight?
Speaker 1: Tonight? I have improv practice?
Speaker 2: Give it? How many people skip improv practice? Tons of people? What's tomorrow? What's tomorrow?
Speaker 1: I'm seeing Wicked?
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't really skip that, but you have tickets? It's is it like a professional production?
Speaker 1: No, well, it's the it's the screening for the movies.
Speaker 2: You want to go see that one? Okay? Good.
Speaker 1: Wednesday I have choir practice.
Speaker 2: Give out on choir practice. The last two they don't miss you.
Speaker 1: You can't sing that well anyway, And I'm not going next week either because I'll be in Graceland.
Speaker 2: They won't miss you.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe that one and then Thursday night I have another one of these evaluations. Potentially, do you have to go do you have to go to this. I have to. It is technically a job, okay. And then Friday night I'm in the fashion fest like a runway.
Speaker 2: Should go to that one. Yeah, I have to go to that one.
Speaker 1: Saturday night, well, Saturday night my my sister's like niece kind where my niece sort of is coming into town. And then so I'm gonna hang out with like an eighteen year old girl all weekend.
Speaker 2: Can you make the day? Can you make the sister's niece whatever daytime data then go out.
Speaker 1: With she's like staying with me. So I can't. But next Monday, I have the evening is open. Technically I could go to improv, but I could not.
Speaker 2: Also go don't go to improv tonight. Take him out, go do something, watch have him come over and watch Monday night football.
Speaker 1: I'd have to clean my whole house.
Speaker 2: You should clean your house anyway.
Speaker 1: You didn't put that walker together yet, No.
Speaker 4: I had walk walking Walker.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad because Bailey, you are always the type if you go on a date and you just you'll find something you don't like.
Speaker 1: Like in this case, right, I.
Speaker 3: Know you like this guy because if he keeps going to all your improv things, but you didn't like him. You to be like, hey, he doesn't have any of his own interest. He keeps following me around. But no, the perspective, the lens you're putting on with it is he enjoys coming to do things with me and actually enjoys them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the vaunt sidebar you and me. This is the most positive I've ever heard of me about it about a guy that she stayed.
Speaker 1: In your life. And some of did textsan saying is he very nice? Or is it a flag? Why are you wide open for high school plays on a weekend?
Speaker 2: Just saying a little bit weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it doesn't have a lot going on.
Speaker 2: The rule of three. I think that you know what I've read that it's more and more common and acceptable and not expected necessarily at all. But to hook up on a first date is very common now on.
Speaker 1: A f first date.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah. People are like, you know what, if I like you and I feel comfortable and I feel like, you know, like I want to, then yeah, people do it all the time. I don't know about all the time, but it's not uncommon. Yeah, third date is kind of like, yeah, he might as well be married by your third date.
Speaker 1: Well that's what my friend. My friend who had the Netflix and Chill date was her third date where she took her top off and he was like, I just want and.
Speaker 2: So she takes her top off and she's ready to, you know, do whatever. And then he said, what over, what do you say?
Speaker 1: I just like your personality or something like that. I want to like your she's.
Speaker 2: With her top off, ready to do something. Third date and the guy's like, I don't like you that way.
Speaker 1: I mean the last time I went on a third date. He texted me later being like, I just want to be friends, so so much for that. Anyway, we'll see how. I'm glad I am not single. This was like a lot of work.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Someone else texted and saying kind of sounds like Bailey's too busy to date. If you can't make time, it's not fair the guy, I wasn't planning on like having a love interrust this month.
Speaker 2: You got to clear your schedule a little bit.
Speaker 1: I cleared my schedule enough to go on three first dates.
Speaker 2: You're right last week and it worked out. You're very happy about that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet I did my best all.
Speaker 2: Right date Number four coming up. We have a pool around the office.
Speaker 1: With the boinking going on. Oh god, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll be back in the second on KT would be wild tickets coming up in his second we're gonna get you a chance to go to the wild game, and we'll do that coming up next on KD DOUBLE. We've got wild tickets right now six k will be Let me see who they're playing here. Hold on, I wrote it down Wild or playing Carolina Wednesday. It's Wednesday at the g Spot. Tickets are on sale now. You can win your pair right now on KD WB. Here's the way we're gonna play. You don't have to know anything about hockey or anything like that. You don't have to define icing or what the blue line is for. Bailey's gonna define what is the blue line for in hockey? The blue line, the blue line? What's the blue line?
Speaker 1: Okay? If you cross the blue line? Yes, yes, yes, it's whacked with.
Speaker 2: The room, yes, okay. Bond is here to describe all. He's on the phone getting contestant. Yeah, define icing if you will.
Speaker 1: Icing against icing is when you go on like a girl's trip weekend and you open up a cupboard and there's a swird off ice in there, and you have to get down on bended knee and chug it.
Speaker 2: Okay, getting iced? All right? Close enough? So right, So the way we're gonna do this instead is you're gonna tell us two things and we get to guess which weighs more. So you get one, right, and that's all there is to it. Okay, so fifty to fifty chants. Let's do a sample.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dave, you're gonna find out or tell me hockey puck? Which one weighs more? One hockey puck or a cell phone?
Speaker 2: Oh? A cell phone?
Speaker 1: Clearly you think so?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where you're wrong, Dave. Really, one hockey puck weighs more than a cell phone. This hockey puck is six ounces and a cell phone is about four ounces.
Speaker 2: No kidding, Yeah, isn't that? You never knew that one? Give me one more?
Speaker 1: Give me okay, all right, Dave, which one weighs more? Four hundred hockey pucks?
Speaker 4: Or Dave Ryan, oh man, now I'm about one eighty two.
Speaker 2: Shoo what four hundred hockey pucks?
Speaker 1: You said? Yeah, you're doing math right now.
Speaker 2: I says, since it's some adazing game. I'm gonna say, Dave, Ryan weighs more than four hundred hockey pucks.
Speaker 1: You are corry one hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 2: I love that. Okay, we have a real live contestant on the phone right now. Say good morning to Ryan.
Speaker 1: Hi Ryan, Hi, Good morning, Good morning Ryan.
Speaker 2: What do you have to do this way this morning?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm at work, but I'm sitting in my car just excited to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: You know we're excited to talk to you. Ryan. How was your weekend? Did you have a nice fall weekend?
Speaker 5: My weekend was fabulous.
Speaker 2: Tell me tell me a highlight if you will.
Speaker 5: Let's see. I went and helped my son yesterday get some stuff winter Rise for his house. It's always exciting when parents can help their kids out.
Speaker 2: Yes, you feel good. They still they still need you that Yeah, they.
Speaker 5: Still need us even though he's twenty three years old.
Speaker 1: Fabulous. I love that he will forever and I love.
Speaker 6: That he will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I did a little Christmas shopping already.
Speaker 2: Look at you. Uh, you know what I want for Christmas? I want the Wow Cube. If you heard of the wou Cube.
Speaker 5: Brian, Yeah, I'll buy it and send it to you, please, please do.
Speaker 2: It's about three hundred dollars, So thank you very much. All right, here you go, Here you go. Ryan, You're gonna have two things. You tell me which ways more. We're pulling for you because you're a likable guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ryan, thank you? Which one weighs more? One thousand hockey pucks or a newborn elephant?
Speaker 5: Ooh, I'm gonna say a new or an elephant that is coreer.
Speaker 2: What's the weights on that one?
Speaker 1: You know, new porn elephant weighs like five hundred pounds. Yeah, thousand pucks is four hundred pounds?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, Ryan, good job you got you got plans on Wednesday night. You're going to the g Spot to see the Wild play Carolina.
Speaker 5: Well, Howard exciting. I've got a buddy of mine that is an avid Wild fan, and I hope he's able to go along.
Speaker 1: Fag.
Speaker 2: I love that, Ryan. This is a good day for you. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: God, you guys have made my day. I listen to you every day and I have ever since I've been in middle school.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You heard a lot of stuff you shouldn't have heard back in middle school. Didn't you, Ryan.
Speaker 5: Well, it's funny because when I was riding the school bus, War of the Roses was one of those things where Steve Cochran and Lee Volswick were the ones that were doing it way back then.
Speaker 1: Wow, different times, that's been crazy.
Speaker 2: Good job Steve Cochran and Lee volswig. Wow, how do may they rest in peace? No, they're both still kicking their fire. All right, it's Katie. You're being more wild. Tickets maybe a little bit later on. We're always trying to get some of those for you. But right now, vaunt stirs the pot. What do you got today?
Speaker 1: I saw the ugliest dog this weekend. No, yes, it was a Pekanese. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: If you got a Pekanese your dog, it's not getting picked for the for the National dog competition. No, Pikanese look like they face got hit with a frying pan. Are you thinking of a instead? Puns are ugly too. Puz looked like they had an allergic reaction to themselves. You know where their faces look? Oh my god, I think Pekaneses are cute.
Speaker 1: They're kind of like a little like a skittering little Look at that. What is it called? What do you put your feet up on when you're an Ottoman, they look like a skittering looking ottoman. What's up with the hair on the Pekinese? It's what's up with your hair? Okay? Why do you give them a break?
Speaker 2: Those are ugly looking dogs?
Speaker 1: No, dogs aren't ugly.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny because the small dogs, like, I mean, I don't know how the biggest the Pekanese can get, but the small dogs are always the most vicious ones. They'll start like barking and getting all vicious, like sitting down.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's science. I feel like that's just accurate in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, like the chihuahuas are a deadly creature. Yeah, I would say I love all dogs, but there's certain breeds that I don't love as much. And I'm gonna agree with you on this one. Pekinese. No, I don't have time for your Pekinese. I don't have time for your pug.
Speaker 1: See I disagree about like. So, I don't think there are ugly dogs, but there are dogs that I would prefer to pet. Like if I'm if I'm out on a walk and I walk by some kind of terrier, I know what your fur taste like. Not taste like your fur feels like and I don't want to touch it. So but if you're a golden retriever, I'm gonna stop a bull terror that's another one. Ugly.
Speaker 3: Their faces are like so they're not fat. I don't want to explain it. Look about bulltarr like the Frankenstein dog. Yeah, they just look weird to me.
Speaker 1: That's not their fault.
Speaker 2: It's not their fault. I love all little creatures, all of God's little creatures. Just serve a little scratch and a little treat and a warm bed and fresh water. But I just I prefer there's certain dog breeds that I just don't have time for.
Speaker 1: And you love a doodle, dave, I do love dood are not ugly, hairless.
Speaker 2: Their dad is an ugly dog.
Speaker 1: They look like they got the facial There's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a bunch of pekingese out in the parking lot holding up signs there would like, you know, cancel vaunt, so all.
Speaker 1: The dog's gonna be vicious. Someone text and saying you're off your rocker. You don't know anything about dogs that breed. Literally, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: I will tell you pug owners love their dogs. I know a couple of pug owners and they're like, they're the cutest little thing. I'm like, yeah, it looked like I got smashed in the face with a skillet.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, my sister has a puggle and that I think those are pretty ugly because it's a pug and a beagle, So you miss out on all of the like cuteness of a pug having a smushed in face, and you just get the ugly parts of both dogs.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: We gotta be careful. People are very passionate out their dogs, and somebody will take this way too seriously and demand that we all three get fired for being puggist.
Speaker 3: As somebody who grew up as the ugly person in the friend group, I'm allowed to talk about ugly part.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you. At the Dave Ryan Show one on one point three kd WB, we the Vikings lost on the last second field goal by the Bears yesterday. The Lions lost to Philadelphia last night. It was kind of a slow, boring game and there was one really interesting part where I missed it. I was looking away from the TV, but one of the Lions got a touchdown they really needed a touchdown, and so one of the Lions players celebrated excessively by climbing up the goalpost. Now this is what my wife said. I didn't see it, but excessive celebration resulted in a penalty where they had to kick the field goal instead of a chip shot from the ten yard line. It was like fifteen yards back or something. It was really windy in the stadium last night, and they blew it. Speaking a tough game.
Speaker 1: How can it be windy in the stadium when.
Speaker 2: It's not an indoor stadium.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this isn't the Viking station.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're talking. You weren't paying attention. The Lions were playing in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: I see, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Gophers, poor Gophers. Got I just love the Gophers, but they played number eight Oregon, and I think that I don't know the Gophers. They lost like forty two to thirteen. So oh no, I know. It was just ugly.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: The Oregon Ducks is the cutest.
Speaker 2: It is a cute mask.
Speaker 1: Got yeah, speaking of football, on Thanksgiving Day, we have all of our halftime performances set, so it'll be Jack White, Lil John, and Post Malone. Which is pretty exciting. So Jack Jack White got the Detroit Lions Green Bay Packers game, Post Malone is doing the Dallas Cowboys Kansas City Chiefs game, and LITL John has the Baltimore Ravens Cincinnati Bengals game, all on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Okay, very cool, kind of good news. Speaking of Thanksgiving, May, if you're traveling now, remember Thanksgiving is next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The faa IS announced yesterday that it will end its emergency directive requiring reductions in flights, effective today at six a m. So the cuts reached about six percent. They were put in place during the hole shutdown because they didn't have enough air traffic controllers. So they said they've reviewed all the data and basically everything looks good. They're going to get back to normal. It's going to take a couple of days for them to catch up, I think, but by next Thanksgiving it's just gonna be the same old chaos that you expect every years, nothing worse than what it usually is. You're flying to nash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're flying. That's that's why I'm thankful, because we're flying from here to Memphis, from Memphis to Orlando, and then from Orlando back here. All like over that Thanksgiving week, and so I was stressed out of your mama, be my mama. We're going to Graceland in the Disney World.
Speaker 2: I think it's so cool You're going to Graceland.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I know you're you're a big Elvis person, baile as a giant Elvis head, face of Elvis tattooed on your on your leg, on your wear, on your leg.
Speaker 1: It's on my lower leg. Okay, gosh, I'll show you sometimes.
Speaker 2: That's all right, okay. And in other news, today is National Homemade Bread Day today.
Speaker 1: Have you ever made homie bread? I have.
Speaker 2: I found the best recipe for bread that you twist into a twist and and then it's so good. But I put it in the pages of a cookbook. It was printed out. I printed it out, I stuck it between the pages of a cookbook. For the last ten years, I cannot find this recipe. I have no idea where it is, but I might make bread later ship it.
Speaker 1: Back in the day when I worked at Mill City Museum, we would make bread every day in Artisan Bread in five Minutes a day cookbook, which was really great, delicious Bread.
Speaker 2: Tonight's show, they and the Wicked cast did a song about Wicked for Good. Here is a little clip from the tonight show.
Speaker 3: Alphabet and Glinda Too back again for something new, Time to meet the entire crew.
Speaker 1: Want to stop? No after you fast fear.
Speaker 7: That's mine name.
Speaker 1: He's a prince and always game. Then that's funny.
Speaker 2: That be me?
Speaker 1: Hey, bestie, love you. Queen Madam Marvel, guess I'm next. She's in charge of quite complex fuck a mesa. Hello, dear, I can't keep up. Oh dear, it's the Wizard.
Speaker 4: I'm that dude.
Speaker 1: More like fraud okay. And so that's kind of a it's a play on the what they had the last time. They did kind of like back and forth between Ariana Grande and Cynthia Arrivo and it went kind of viral, and so that one is like the second time around. And apparently this week on the Tonight Show they're going to have a lot of different people from the cast of Wicked for Good because that movie comes out on Thursday. So I think today is Cynthia Rivo, Tomorrow is Ariana Grande, uh, and then Wednesday, Michelle Yoh is on it. It's pretty much the entire cast of Wicked.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good note. Speaking of movies this weekend, the big movies were Now You See Me, Now You Don't, The Running Man number two, Predator bad Lands at three, Regretting You at number four, and Black Phone two at number five. We finished watching Black Rabbit over the weekend. It was I, it was Ian is I Yeah? And then we started watching twenty eight years later and it's good.
Speaker 1: Yea yeah.
Speaker 2: We're about a quarter of the way through something like that.
Speaker 1: I finished watching Nobody Wants This, which Jenny would get because it's a Kristen Bell and Adam Brody. It's definitely more of a girly show. Dave, you would not care for it, But that's on Netflix and I like it.
Speaker 2: It's cute, right, fair enough. That's the dirt, brought to you by sixty one two Injured Heimer and Lammers in Jewry Law. We got somebody on the phone here who has a little piece of advice. It's Aubrey, and I got your email, but I wanted to get you on the radio, Aubrey, so you could talk about this one. And you're gonna give us just like a little, a little PSA A little bit of advice to not do something. Hi, Aubrey, quick the phone. Oh yeah, we gotta push your button there. Thank you, thank you. I appreciate that. Aubrey. You're on the radio right now. Tell us what you wanted to advise us against doing.
Speaker 7: Right. So, I heard you do War of the Roses last week where the woman went through her man's jacket pocket and found the receipt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's right for that. And I remember we asked her, We said, why do you go through his pocket? She's like, because that's what I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you did.
Speaker 2: That's that's what she does. So you heard that, and then you thought of us because something happened to you this weekend. What happened?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, So I am here for my PSA to tell everyone, don't snoop. I found out the hard way.
Speaker 2: What'd you find out?
Speaker 7: Yeah, my boyfriend was out of town until last night. He came in from MSP and rushed into the bathroom because, you know, really had to go. And I was just going through his carry on just to help him out, and I found an engagement rank.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, now you can't feel bad.
Speaker 2: Now here's the important question. It was for you. Well, yeah, clearly not somebody. Okay, So an engagement resource in the box and it's all ready to go, a new, shiny, beautiful engagement ring. What I mean, we know what that means? Tell me the story?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, like of like of how we met?
Speaker 2: Well no, but I mean now, so what do you do then? Do you put it back and pretend you don't know because now you know he's gonna propose to you?
Speaker 1: Or did you say something?
Speaker 7: Or no, I'm I am not saying anything. I am pretending that it didn't happen at all. But you know, now now that I know I have to, I'm like overthinking. I'm like, oh my gosh, okay, now I to act surprised.
Speaker 5: What do I look like.
Speaker 7: When I'm surprised? And I all of the sauce are going on in my head?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Especially if you're not used to like acting, You're like, oh my god, do.
Speaker 2: You know where it's going to take place? Do you think you do? You have a plan? Does he have a plan?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: I have a feeling that it's this coming weekend because we're going to Split Rock Lighthouse and that's where we went on our first weekend.
Speaker 1: Vacation.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so they're in the shadow of Split Rock Lighthouse. You're gonna be He's gonna be all nervous and you can be fumbling around in his pocket, pat in his pocket to make sure it's there. And then he's going to turn to you and go, hey, Aubrey, and then he's gonna get down on one knee and you're gonna have to have your you know what you need to do? Practice? Yeah, it's practice. You need to get in front of the bathroom mirror. And when he does that, first thing that you have to do is you have to put both hands up to your mouth and.
Speaker 1: Go like that.
Speaker 2: Can you go ahead? Practice with one hand. I know you're holding the on the phone. Go ahead and give me a practice shot there, will you?
Speaker 7: Okay, yell, let me practice.
Speaker 4: Okay, looks great, good, Okay, Now leave that?
Speaker 2: How long do you leave that? And you gotta flitter your fingers at your mouth when they bring them up.
Speaker 1: And you have to deny it. You have to be like, no, stop, that's.
Speaker 2: A good kidding. You're kidding, okay, and then he'll be like he'll probably say something because I think a lot of the time it's like I loved you, and I knew you were the one from the first time I met you. I don't care where I go when I'm with you, we always have a great time. And then you're gonna sit there and you go but you nod or not okay, nod and start to cry. Okay, good, Okay.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll have to and then once he actually holds your hand, you have to jump at least once what like a hop?
Speaker 2: Like a okay, maybe a little bit too.
Speaker 1: No, you're over selling it.
Speaker 2: Tell me more.
Speaker 3: I don't think just hop or whatever. I think the crying, the hands of the face is all cool.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I would just be pissed if I was this guy. I want my girlfriend Alyssa to know nothing. Well, of course nothing, but he doesn't. Whatever he doesn't know is not gonna hurt him. But what if he does know? What if he knows her so well that whenever she does this, what like the fluttering of the hands, he's just really I.
Speaker 2: Think, I think you gotta not oversell it. But listen, here's the thing. He's gonna be so nervous. He has no idea that you know, He's just gonna be so excited. You're gonna be so because when it comes down to it, you might know it's gonna happen, but you're still gonna be so excited. If you just missed us that she was going through her boyfriend's carry on last night? Was it last night?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, found an engagement ring in a box. I'm gonna guess it was from wedding day diamonds. But you don't have to say so. Now she's like, you're going to split rock this weekend. You already know that he's going to propose this weekend. We're just trying to figure out how to make her look authentic when she gets the proposal, yes and overdo it?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna tell him?
Speaker 3: Maybe after the not not like right after it happens, but in a couple of months, like I knew.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody listening who thinks she should tell him? Is there anybody listening who thinks that she should tell him eventually? I think that maybe a year down the road, on your first anniversary. I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I would never.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You're right now that I think about it, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Say anything, sved somebody did say, at least now she can make sure that she looks cute for the pictures. So just like, get up a little bit earlier. You're sure you look amazing.
Speaker 2: You don't look like Kenny on South Park with your face all up in a in a in a hoodie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so exactly, all right, Well, good luck, thanks for sharing, and the listen is especially you guys this time of the year.
Speaker 2: Don't snoop. You can't snoop this time of the year.
Speaker 1: This time of year, Christmas, for Christmas Present, that's when people get engaged. Just for Holliday. It was the best time to snoop.
Speaker 3: When you were a kid, you would try to go into the Christmas tree and unwrap your presence slowly. Oh no, oh no, but then you mess up the tape and so your mom would find out.
Speaker 2: Let me call my Hey, Aubrey, thanks for calling. I appreciate you, and good luck and congratulations.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Let me call my daughter Beth really quick because she has a story about snooping.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I get a hold of Christmas present.
Speaker 2: Let me I want to have her tell the story. She's at work, so she might not be able to answer, like.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what that's her?
Speaker 2: Hello? What your daddy. Hey, good one, Hey, good morning. We're on the radio right now, and I want you to tell the story about how you learned when you were a little girl with your siblings not to snoop for Christmas presents.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, my sister and I would be the last ones in the house and we would walk down to the bus stop when it was time. And as you know, as we got older, we figured that we could open up.
Speaker 1: One little corner of the.
Speaker 8: Present and just kind of peek in there a little bit and then see what it was and then tape it backed up and then and leave and go to school. And we figured Christmas morning we would you know, still have all these amazing presents that show up after, you know, because because Santa Claus comes sure. And yeah, so when we had Christmas Morning and we open up all of our presents, we were super bummed because we already knew what we were getting and we were like, we are never doing this again.
Speaker 2: And it ruined the whole thing. So you were like ten years old and then you found out that was really cool to find out. Oh I'm getting of this, I'm getting to that. But on Christmas morning, there was no joy of the surprise.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly right. It was all ruined.
Speaker 2: So remember that, Bailey, I will remember that.
Speaker 1: I swear no peak.
Speaker 2: How are you, Beth, I'm good. How about you let me ask you a question. We did this on the radio last week. Okay, So I'm gonna put you on the spot. We're gonna give you a would you rather? Would you rather for one year? For one year, you have to either every social thing you do is with me your dad, that's one option. Or you can go out with anybody you want for a year, anytime you want. But every time you poop it hurts so bad you scream. So now you have to choose. Would you rather have it hurt so bad when you poop that you scream, or the only social engagement would be with me for one year.
Speaker 8: I mean, I totally hang out with you for a whole year, but I think you get sick, sick of hanging out with me for the year.
Speaker 2: Never never, All right, love you best. I might change your mind, though, Yeah, love you too. Bye.
Speaker 1: Dave chooses to scream while he poops. I just switch it. I did get some text messages.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the engagement ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are saying Hey, there's a silver lining. Now she can get a cute manicure. Some are saying tell him later on happened to me and I told him like a month later. See that's what's worrying me. There's a bunch of text messages.
Speaker 3: One of them says, uh, I found my ring before you propose, I'll take it to my grave. Another I tried to call her, but she didn't want to be on the radio. She said that she told him after the fact, I'd pray whenever that day comes for me to propose to or leading up to it, whenever I get a ring that she has no clue. I'm gonna be so devastated. If I I wouldn't find out. But if she knows, or she's seen the ring somewhere, And.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are saying, my husband still thinks I don't know, but I did, and I really never told him he won't know. You know, they are too nervous to pay attention.
Speaker 2: I think you're absolutely right. He's gonna be so focused on doing it right and remembering what he wants to say and not dropping the ring, he's never gonna notice. So take you say, take it to the grave.
Speaker 1: Take it to the I would take it to the grave, but also fell let's find a better hiding spot. Yeah, your carry on it's on top and it's in a blue came about.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he went somewhere, maybe bought it from, like a friend who was a jeweler in another town or something like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe. I mean, she was trying to be helpful and help him unpacked, So I don't think it's her fault and she shouldn't feel bad for it, in my humble opinion.
Speaker 2: Okay, what would you do? Let's do this one of the biggest songs out there before we do the Daily Bailey. It's Billie Eilish on kateb. We were talking to a woman named Aubry a little while ago. We're all getting to chuckle out of this one. So her boyfriend comes home last night from a trip and she I guess he had to run in the bathroom to go poop really quick, so she had some time to go through his carry on bag and she's like, you know, under the guise of helping him out, like, oh, let's unpack whatever.
Speaker 1: I think that's what her plan was, just to help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sees in there a box with an engagement ring in and she's like, oh my gosh, this makes sense. We're going to Split Rock Lighthouse this weekend. That's a very special place to us. He is going to propose, and now I know about it. So she puts it back in pretend she doesn't see it, and now she's like, what do I do. Well, we were giving her little tips on how to act surprised and whether she should ever tell him. So apparently they're not the only person who's ever discovered the engagement ring and knew about it well in advance. Marina, is that your name? Yeah, hello, Marina, tell me your story.
Speaker 6: H Okay. Well, I was on my way up north with my now husband, and he was driving, and I was using his phone to text like a mutual friend, and I creeped a little bit on the text question and I saw he had sent a picture of a ring to his friend.
Speaker 1: No a panic.
Speaker 6: Clicked out of it really quickly and just like played it cool, and then we ended up getting engaged that weekend.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you were waiting the whole weekend Marina for him to be like, Okay, it's gonna be here. It's gonna be at Betty's pies. It's yeah, surprised.
Speaker 6: I was still surprised, like the way he did it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he didn't ruin it completely, Okay, go ahead, does he know?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, and.
Speaker 1: So will he ever know? Are you going to take it to your grave?
Speaker 6: I'll think I'll take it to the grove.
Speaker 1: I think you have to because he.
Speaker 6: Was so excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's such a big moment for anybody, male or female who's proposing. It is such a big moment.
Speaker 3: And from my perspective as a person posing, if I found out eventually, I think.
Speaker 1: I'd just be upset. Yeah, Like I'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, dang, so you lied to me, or so you just faked like oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: But it's such like that too, of like.
Speaker 1: Right, I just think it's such like a benign lie. It's not like they're doing it out of malice, you know, it's just like, oh, crap, oh crap, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, thank you, Marina. I appreciate that. I get the idea that there's a lot of women who know they either because he lets on, he says something, or it's a little bit too obvious. But it's still pretty exciting. I mean, I think even if you know that he or she is going to propose, when they do it, it's still it's a big life events.
Speaker 1: And saying what if six months go by and he still doesn't propose, then then I'd be like, why did I see this ring in here? Unless you know, maybe he was just you know, at the right place at the right time and he's like, I'm gonna buy it. But then has I wonder if that out?
Speaker 2: And I'll bet somebody's listening Bailey who found the ring and he never proposed, maybe because he wanted to break up, or maybe that ring was for someone else. Hey, I got to mention something really important, and that is Christmas Wish totally changing gears here. If you know a local family or a friend or a coworker in need, make a difference from this holiday season by doing what we've done for thirty two years the original Christmas Wish on katiewbs. So basically, we find somebody who's in an individual or a family who's just struggling for whatever reason. Sometimes maybe it's like maybe the breadwinner in the family is no longer here, or maybe they're very sick, or maybe they've got very sick kids. Or maybe there was a job loss or just life got in the way and they need something, or maybe they need something expensive and they just can't afford it. We can help out. You start by nominating somebody. Go to katiebigb dot com slash wish in day if you want to make a donation. It is tax deductible. So that's good news. Thanks to holidays, station stores, youth Link and Treasure Island Resort and casino. Go on katiewb dot com slash wish.
Speaker 1: We are in a holiday week. Did you know it is currently Honda Days, Baby Happy Days, which honestly I've never been or celebrated Honda Days, but I'm sure there are deals on cars and like special decor at the dealership something like that. So my question today is what would be included in your quote unquote days? So if there were a Dave Ryan days or days, what would be included in your days? But it has to like imagine, you know, you have a dealership for like Dave Ryan things, that's where your days are happening. So it's not just like a like a town wide celebration. It's very specive. Me your example, okay, my example for Bailey Days I would have probably a collection of all of my like wackiest outfits, accompanied with a quirky essay backstory, kind of like a useum exhibit that you could wander around and read, and then a lot of balloons, employees walking around with bite size or dirves, lots of different collections options there, and then you would get deals on cat adoption, half price cats for sale at my Bailey Days.
Speaker 2: Where does it take place in a hotel ballroom or what you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like kind of that sort of space or like a car dealership kind of place, you know, somewhere that there's a big sign outside that says Dave Ryan Days.
Speaker 2: You know, okay, this is a weird one.
Speaker 4: Well it's Honda Days one. Use your imagination, Dave Ryan Days. So we're going to rent out a buffalo wild wings. Oh great, And when you go in there, you know there's wings everywhere, just stacks, yeah, stacks of wings and different flavors of wings. There are people strolling magicians that are doing card tricks and ring tricks and rubber band tricks things like that.
Speaker 1: That sounds right.
Speaker 2: And there's a ukulele band plane yes, yeah, And it's fun and frivolous we're giving away free samples of my book Little Dave's Amazing Day, right, which is a huge book for Christmas time. You want to order it is on Amazon, Little Dave's Amazing Day.
Speaker 1: That sounds really fun. Actually I would have a great time than Thank you very much. What is that vont leak days. I'm trying to figure it all out.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it takes place at Sneaker con which is like a big sneaker convention, but there's other things to do than buy sneakers. They have on one side of the convention room or whatever. Stand up show okay, but it's like actual stand up comedians like Kevin Hart. We got Kevin Hart for the show. I don't know where the budget came from. We book Kevin Hart.
Speaker 1: Actually, good people. There is a buffet of pork chops and chocolate cake.
Speaker 3: You can chop and chocolate cake, my favorite combination. There's live music happening on the other side, so that way it doesn't interfere with Kevin Hart performing. But I love me some live music. And then you can get a full body massage. Wow, because everybody needs a little rubbed down.
Speaker 1: These sounds like such a lovely time, So.
Speaker 2: Your challenge is what would your days be like? So if you are, I don't know, cassan and from Oak Park Heights, Yeah, what would your day be?
Speaker 1: What's involved in Cassandra days? What do we think would be in a Jenny Lutenberger Lutenberger day, Jenny Lutenberger days, Lulu lemons for sale. Probably they'd have those on deals like tights or something.
Speaker 2: I think she'd have hiking and camping equipment mark way down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, mark way way down. And then maybe like decor for your camper van that she has, like displays camper van displays. That sounds kind of like a Jenny thing.
Speaker 2: What would the food choices be?
Speaker 1: Uh? I honestly, I see Jenny eat one thing every day and that's Catalina crunch in yogurt. So that's it.
Speaker 2: That's all there is to eat. God, her days are lame. That sounds terrible. K D devil Udd. It is Monday morning. I hope everything's going well for you. We have The Minnesota Goodbye coming up. It's been every day a lot of people don't realize that we do another show and it's called The Minnesota Goodbye and it's an after the show podcast where we spend about fifteen to twenty minutes or show basically, but whatever we want to talk about. I mean, I'm today I'm going to talk about this came up about probably the most I ever disappointed a fan of the show. There were two women who really really wanted to meet being Fallin, and we totally screwed them over. And I will tell you the story today on the Minnesota Goodbye. So after the show, just go over to the iHeartRadio app search Minnesota Goodbye. And every day we have, like you know, fifteen twenty minutes of bonus content that we don't get to on.
Speaker 1: The show, just like the after the show podcast. If you like the show, you would like this podcast as well. And exactly if you really like the show and you only ever hear like an hour of it a day, all of the show is also turned into podcast mode.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: It is day?
Speaker 2: I never knew that. So what was not on your Bingo card this weekend? Think about it for a second. What was not on your Bingo card this weekend? Did you have to go to the emergency room? Did you have to take your kid in because they fell down the stairs and broke their collarbone? Did you get served with divorce papers this weekend? Oh gosh, did you win one thousand dollars playing pull tabs? What was not on your bingo card this weekend? This is a weird one, but Bailey had something happened to church. It was definitely not on your bingo car.
Speaker 1: We had a really like, kind of creepy moment out church yesterday. So we're sitting watching in church. My pastor's doing the little sermon, and then this guy walks in from like a front door, a door that you would normally not walk in through, and he sits in the front pew and then he keeps standing up, sitting down to take off like his gloves, put him in his pockets, take off his hat, put it in his pocket. He had his hood up, so he put his hood down, and he just keeps getting up and down and up and down. And then he's sitting there and we're like, Okay, that was kind of weird, but whatever. He just wants to come to church and he was late, I guess. But then he gets up and he sits in a chair that's up on the altar, like facing the entire congregation, which is.
Speaker 2: Nobody goes weird. Nobody goes up there.
Speaker 1: He's sitting by like the can wow, yes, very weird.
Speaker 2: Why is there a chair up there?
Speaker 1: I because, well, the pastor sits in it, like if somebody's singing.
Speaker 2: Oh he's in the pastor's chair now I see, okay, yep.
Speaker 1: So he's sitting up there, and the pastor like breaks from his sermon, goes over there and says like good morning, goes to shake his hand. The guy does not shake my pastor's hand and pretends he doesn't exist. It was such a weird like power play. And then after the sermon is over, obviously, like whole congregations like looking around like hello, and my Pastor's like making eye contact with people and then like pointing to this guy covertly being like hey, keep an eye on this guy. And then the sermon is over, he goes over to the guy and he says, hey, I'm going to have you sit in the pews instead. You don't usually sit here, like you're gonna go have to sit in the pews, and the guy wouldn't move. He's like I'm listening, I'm listening, and he wouldn't move. And that moment I was like Mama Randa, We're going downstairs, like I am not going to be here to see what happens. But then like people were filling in blanks for me later, and apparently he did stand up up and then face the big picture of Jesus we have in the front of the church to do the sign of the Cross and then hold his arms out like he was getting crucified. And he did that three different times before he actually left. And I was like, you never know what's gonna happen, because things happen at churches all the time.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, but I would have tackled this, sob I'm sorry, because like you don't give anybody the chance to do anything crazy. Yeah, I don't know. I would have had two big burly women come up, you know, not guys, because we want to hang back, you know, we want to be safe. Have two big burly women come up and like kind of like okay, you know what, you're coming with me, and then escort him out of the church.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there were like the pastor was making eye contact with the big burly people at my church to be like, hey, keep an eye on this. I was shocked that more people weren't freaking out about it because it was just me and my mom and mostly just me freaking out about it. So that was not on my bingo list for this weekend. Was the creepy guy at church.
Speaker 2: Now we have a couple of text messages. What was not on your Bingo card for this weekend? Somebody said, I went five one thousand dollars in an online casino. Another one, my car broke down on Friday night. It's too expensive to repair. Now I'm searching for a new car. What was not on your Bingo card this weekend? Love to hear your story. If you want to use a talkback, use the talkback feature the red microphone on the iHeartRadio app, or you can text us at katiewb one a bibfuhne