Speaker 1: Than one on Monday. Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hitious, you don't want to be great Hawks winter thirty two wins snow in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Football season? Is that the day the Vets repoint report to train again?
Speaker 3: Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tuesday? Okay? Yeah boy? One hundred of the first is what I saw this morning? Again?
Speaker 3: Hiteous, stay hydrated out there, boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, football season, Marco love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, these hockey seasons right around the corner. Got hogs steady. Yes, baby, Matt's bringing a new pizza of it.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Yeah, because we don't have anymore.
Speaker 3: What happened to that one?
Speaker 2: It's and sits in there? It is, yeah, where it's above the fridge.
Speaker 1: Oh, William Perry's in there?
Speaker 4: Oh hey, can I give a quick shout out to one of our listeners? Hell yeah, our listeners get the bit right, Yeah, may get they're awesome. That's not just the power trip. That's basically twenty four hours a day. I'm the Yeah the fan, ain't that's true. You gotta post card from a listener, and I know a handful of us did.
Speaker 3: Got the addressed to.
Speaker 4: Me from that, says Rose from Steve Mount, Rose from Steve Mount brilliant.
Speaker 3: But it's a postcard from Rome.
Speaker 4: Oh and it's it's truly from Rome if stamped on the back.
Speaker 3: So this is from Rome with a little caption.
Speaker 4: We want me to read it, I love to, says Corey. Just enjoyed a cocktail and a rooftop bar in Rome. Nary a whisper of wind Aria dec off to Tuscany, Rose from Steve If you listening to the show every day you will know what that joke is. But yes, just enjoyed a cocktail and a rooftop bar in Rome. Nary a whisper of wind a riveder she off to Tuscany.
Speaker 3: Man, think of how unstressed Rose from Steve Mount. It's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hope Rose from Steve Mount truly had a chance to exhale from all of the stress.
Speaker 3: Yeah in his or her life. Yeah, poor Rose from Steve Mount. Now it's time for the news.
Speaker 1: It is time for the news. Don't forget. I'll just hit the.
Speaker 3: News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saint.
Speaker 1: That's right, And this weekend chs Field celebrating prohibition times and gangsters in Saint Paul with nineteen twenties music. It's so much fun stuff. No prohibition at chs Field. Drink it up, ladies and gentlemen, drink it up. So there's that. Saints Baseball dot com. Saints Baseball dot com. Hmm. Maplewoods Plasa theaters preparing to reopen this fall after a six year closure. Two Screen theater will show second runner retro movies on Fridays and Saturdays. I love this man. First of all. I love seeing old theaters come back to life, even the ones that have one or two theaters or one. Yeah, literally, that's all you know. But what a great idea to show retro movies and second run films like that. I mean, how many of us have talked about like Max went to see? He just said it. He went to see something this.
Speaker 2: Week, The New, The New, The Dark Night.
Speaker 1: I have to see Dark Knight. I've seen Jaws, Grease, I've seen a bunch of films that I never or that I saw when I was really little in theaters. I think it's a great idea. Tickets are only going to be five bucks. Renovations to the bathrooms in the lobby are gonna be completed before opening. Data set the theater also plans to restart a jobskills program for young workers. So this is cool, man, Maple Woods plast Theater. Let's do that more often. Lots of theaters out there.
Speaker 2: I have been there. I've been to Hawaii. Watched the movie Miracle.
Speaker 1: There you watch the movie Miracle?
Speaker 2: What was it about hockey?
Speaker 3: For reals?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made a movie about me a.
Speaker 2: Seven hands truly a miracle.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. And again and again, by the way, is that what he says?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Great film?
Speaker 3: Did that really happen?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh my?
Speaker 1: And again you.
Speaker 3: Mean did the US win the Golden Medal? Eighty? Do you believe? Yes? No, the part were the skating all day parts?
Speaker 2: Yeah. After the bat.
Speaker 4: Can put out a list of the top ten UH sports movies based on real events of all time, and that was number two, as it should be.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 4: Lady Bugs Yeah, was it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Coach can't be Coach didn't get any respect.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Plaza Theater will show Ladybugs again.
Speaker 3: Well, then they sold one ticket. You'd go see it? Hell yeah, show a little respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why you us?
Speaker 3: What do you think it is?
Speaker 4: On Rotten Tomatoes one hundred and two is it less than a hundred because if it's less than a hundred dollar guests, again, it's less than a home damn it. Okay, forty one less? These critics are hey.
Speaker 1: What do they think?
Speaker 4: Twenty seven less? Now this is preposterousness of seventeen tad less?
Speaker 1: Come on, ted less?
Speaker 2: Fourteen?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's fourteen percent. Well, it's better than mastery. Just go talk love that's one percent. Yeah, this is fourteen times better than this. Did we ever look at what our vias? I see now?
Speaker 1: I just can't believe nobody like that. I love that film. I really would have guessed. I kid you not. I would have guessed it was in the seventies at least, because that that was good.
Speaker 3: That's better than Lady Bugs twenty three.
Speaker 4: That's not I mean, you can't try. I'm with mister z Rotten tomato sucks?
Speaker 2: What's the popcorn?
Speaker 3: The meter like?
Speaker 2: The fans must have liked her?
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever, man, whatever I like films.
Speaker 3: Did you like Williams the poop geyser scene?
Speaker 1: Of course we can imagine, right, because you ever you ever clean out an RV's toilet, It's not easy to do. And if you don't have that hose secured. You're getting beasts on you, and I'm not talking about.
Speaker 3: That's the intro to your deaths podcast?
Speaker 1: Why would that be the introd podcast? I don't either.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I lash out.
Speaker 1: It's okay, baby. Adults can embrace their inner child by hopperym by hopping on grown up sized sea sauce in Harold's Square Park in New York City. The installation is part of Impulse, which turns plazas and public squares into temporary playgrounds for kids of all ages. These se sauce change colors and play songs that very depending on the size and speed of the rider.
Speaker 4: I mean, you got a seesaw though, with somebody your side, you can't just sit down there and be like, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's got to be even sauce wanted play fat by weird al I've haird my mouth.
Speaker 1: That's normal, boy?
Speaker 3: Was it one of your own?
Speaker 1: Had to be? If he does it? Did he remove a rib?
Speaker 3: You should?
Speaker 1: I wish you'd remove a lot if.
Speaker 3: We paid you, If we paid for the procedure.
Speaker 4: And paid you a sizable amount of money, would you have your lower ribs removed so you could Why it would hurt. You'd be under. Yeah, how do you complain about everything? We're trying to get you money. Pain don't hurt, Yeah, pain don't hurt, Yes, it does. We'd put you under so you wouldn't feel a thing. You have to believe that Marilyn Manson for sure.
Speaker 3: That was before the internet was a thing. Yeah, and then that.
Speaker 1: That one's true.
Speaker 4: And what was crazy is even I just I never even thought they looked that similar. But I was still like, I can't maybe maybe, like everybody's saying it, that guy's Urban legends start man, yeah, man, it's you get a couple of people that are really dead set on it, like hot ass Randy, and then everybody else is like, I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: He's pretty sure he is convincing hot ass Oh yeah, oh yeah, Well he believes in a moon base, that there's a base on the moon.
Speaker 1: On don't bounce.
Speaker 3: So did we go to the morn or do we?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: I thought he also.
Speaker 3: Aliens Okay, right, I don't know if he I would doubt he believes we walked on the moon, But it's hot ass. Who knows what hot ass?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Memoria, Las Vegas Construction News brought to you by Radco. The Flamingo Resort in Las Vegas is planning to open an immersive exhibit on Mike Tyson.
Speaker 4: All right, hen, I should we send out a tweet because all of our listeners definitely care about this. I know I do, Parish, you're in, you care about Las Vegas construction?
Speaker 3: I love Las Vegas, Zach, Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna what should I write here?
Speaker 3: What are those things, Abbot?
Speaker 4: What are those things called where abbit can send out like a mass text depicts Yeah, exactly, one of those notifications where you send out to every kfan listener that has opted in to be like, hey, you know, Kevin O'Connell, the press conference, breaking news, and we can alert everybody to immediately tune in. I wonder if this is worthy of it, because I don't even know where this is going. It's just Vegas and Tyson and the Flamingo now.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas instruction news and click news CC check bad our, Abbot.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would want an immersive Mike Tyson experience.
Speaker 1: Again, careful ladies do get to take an uppercut. As Michael Casterer reports, the Iron Mike Legacy that Mike Tyson immersive experience is based on the life of the former heavyweight boxing Chance.
Speaker 6: Caesar says the attraction will explore the boxer's life through seven rooms of augmented reality, virtual reality, holograms, and projection mapping technologies. Tyson himself says the attraction touches on all the highs and lows of his life. Tickets for the attraction go on sale August fifths, and prices range from fifty nine to one hundred twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm Michael Castle.
Speaker 3: I hope one of the roses that immersive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an immersive immersive experience. Yeah, that's a trauma response. Yeah, no thank you and no thank you. Hey, we didn't talk about this at all, Zach. Maybe you can quickly find this audio. You're good at stuff like that. Did you guys see the Tyson clip from the SP's last week? They forget It's a two or three of them up on stage and show Heyo Tani is the winner and he's the one that reads the card.
Speaker 3: Tyson's like, sho Heyo Tani been working on my Tyson. It'stty good there and who I forget? Who's the person next?
Speaker 4: One, but whoever the other person goes, show he couldn't be here tonight, but we'll accept this award on his behalf and slightly off Mike, you can hear Tyson go, that's a guy. So he didn't know who show Tani was right, which is why he kind of guessed how to pronounce the name.
Speaker 3: And then he truly genuinely was like, that's a man.
Speaker 5: And and fbe goes to check this Outani.
Speaker 3: Show Hay could not be here tonight.
Speaker 4: He sends his gratitude and appreciation at ESPN and everyone who voted for him.
Speaker 3: Show he heard. He just goes to show he's a guy.
Speaker 1: He even turns to the light.
Speaker 4: He's like a two feet away so it's loud enough where he leans over.
Speaker 3: Whoever that wasn't just goes Jack Paul, Yeah, show he's a guy. Can you start that over? How much is the first two seconds of his hend I guess yeah, goes to check the out, show a.
Speaker 4: Dude, Mike Tyson is the last person on the planet you should have into a microphone saying the word espie.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well that's not ideal for him.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 3: Check this out, show he's a guy. Can I ask a question, can't wait, how do you not know who that is?
Speaker 4: Like even like you're gonna have to pay one hundred and twenty nine dollars and find out in the most immersive way possible get into his mind.
Speaker 1: He got hit in the head a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but one of the biggest worldwide sports.
Speaker 3: He's on ESPN and he's on everything. Ever, do you think Tyson watches Sports Center? Do you think he reads the news? Paul? I mean, I mean no, But you gotta know, you don't have to know, you don't. Like I bet if we called my mom right now, she could tell me who that was. And my mom doesn't watch sports at all.
Speaker 4: Mark Rosen thought the Dragons from the House of the Dragon was the bench for the French national team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I think Tyson can cannot know who show hates No offense to that. Sho hey o Tani is the greatest, one of the greatest athletes we've ever seen. We're not talking about Denny Hockey, people helping good people. But you know what, but like show hey, o'tani? Man, how do you not know who that is?
Speaker 1: Would you relax?
Speaker 4: I can't shoe he'sa guy I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hang on, wait, are you calling Mike Tyson an idiot? Is that what you're saying. Are you saying he's not very smart?
Speaker 1: You're saying he ain't up on current events.
Speaker 3: You're like, does he not read the New York Times? I'm not I don't do that. But how do you not know who that is?
Speaker 1: None of us know the answer to the question you asked nine times? He just doesn't know.
Speaker 3: If you said, how does Tom broke On not know this? Yeah, I'd say that makes sense. The guy's in Yeah, even.
Speaker 1: If he was alive, said Lennox Lewis, doesn't know.
Speaker 3: This is Mike Tyson. Lewis. Mike Tyson doesn't know what planet he's on. You know what I mean? There's a lot of people you get how does so and so not know show? Hey fair questions? Is not one of them?
Speaker 4: D t In fact, if you know, if you had told me before the SPS, hey, you can bet on whether or not Mike Tyson knows sho Heyo Tani and knows his or her gender. I'd go I'm gonna hammer the under. I mean, I don't think he does. The one guy you interviewed. Didn't know he had.
Speaker 3: A barbecue, sauces Evander holy Man.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 3: And when I asked.
Speaker 4: Him what got you into the barbecue business, he was basically like, I like barbecue, Sauce said.
Speaker 3: And that was the entire story.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: Who would you rather interviewed? There? Well, I mean, I don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 3: One of them hasn't been found. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Johnny Depp made a surprise parents of Comic Con dressed like Ebenezer Scrooge. He's playing Screwge in the new Paramount film Ebenezer, which comes out in November. The award winning actor who was barely recognizable at Comic Con. I watched the trailer. It looks pretty good. Man, I'm excited. Two uncles features.
Speaker 3: I said, you was a Mary Common Merry Chrisma. Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: How many movies has Johnny Depp just worn zero makeup? And ben himself almost none? Yeah, it's like ten percent of his films or just him, it's ninety percent. He's in a massive costume or makeup or prosthetics.
Speaker 3: It's just he just did you like think you know this?
Speaker 1: But he also played Gilbert Grape's mom.
Speaker 3: And My twelve girl was like, you better Tiper a lot, Paul your hands up? Yeah, Gilbert Grapes My, he would I think I asked yesterday, but you would anyway.
Speaker 1: It actually in the trailer for the film, it says he played Edwards's her hands he played Charlie Chocolate Factory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, I like. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hope he's too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I know, right, I never met him.
Speaker 3: I mean he's outstanding. And there's like five or six movies he's outstanding in, such as Go Blow. He's great in the Pirates of the Caribbean. He's great in Uh, Donnie Brasco. He's really good in Never Saw That?
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The film? You'd like it? Yeah, I'm christ you haven't seen That's good?
Speaker 3: He's good as uh is it? Whitey Bulger, He's good in that. He's really good in that.
Speaker 1: I think he was.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 1: He was in Tommy's favorite film, Panti Bulger.
Speaker 3: What's it was the Barber I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was a barbar I think Tommy was a big fan of the Rodney Dangerfield spinoff movie Lady Boys.
Speaker 1: Hi Marnie, good morning morning.
Speaker 3: He walked right into it.
Speaker 4: Hi, Marnie, Marnie, Mark, Mark Marney, Warnie not gonna work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marnie's backyard tomorrow, she's not coming.
Speaker 8: I had tickets to something else before you. I forget what you're going to forget, Megan Maroney.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, with my daughter.
Speaker 1: That'll be fun.
Speaker 8: Anytime she wants want to do something with me.
Speaker 3: I can't say no.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Abby's birthday last night. We had just had a blast. That's great. Yeah, yeah, man, so I get it.
Speaker 4: Marnie, did you know that show? Hey played baseball and is a man?
Speaker 9: Join the Guide.
Speaker 4: That's not bad, that's a club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, checked this.
Speaker 4: Out like everybody else is going to be shocked.
Speaker 8: Even the announcement of the award sounds like SEL's guest.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does, Sausa Sports after this, Marnie is here, Parish is here, Elizabeth reeson a couple of minutes, Tatum ever in a couple of minutes as well.
Speaker 3: We'll play initials at eight fifteen. This is the Power Trip Morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 8: Damn, it's Marnie Gellner here for Mini Leaf and let's talk about sleep and how important.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine people starting to gather. Marins is here. Of course, my main man, Mark Parish is here. We got supposed to do.
Speaker 9: A good time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 1: Brodie, my friends. It's a circa resorts and casino.
Speaker 3: We'll see a ser circa.
Speaker 1: Book your trip. Hang out with the entire Power Trip Morning show in November for our twenty fifth anniversary kfan dot com for all the info y.
Speaker 3: Circa Oh yeah, yeah that was mind blowing those the overhead one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Like in a buffalo tunnel. Yeah, it'll be great. Do you think see I don't know, does Channa know where circa is? Like?
Speaker 4: Do you think I should explain exactly the question? You might get lost where it is in terms of like geography of Las Vegas, Like do you want me to go through the layout?
Speaker 3: And then I think you should?
Speaker 9: I feel like you maybe have pushed this bit a little bit too much.
Speaker 3: Well, I who brought make him? He has to learn to encourage it.
Speaker 4: Right If he says, don't do Las Vegas construction updates, because nobody cares, We're gonna do it. We've been doing this show for twenty five dollars. Don't encourage it, right, Saus, the floor is yours.
Speaker 3: Let's see here. The three M Open is going on currently, and your leader, I mean, I don't know how he does it.
Speaker 1: Rosie's guys is how he does it.
Speaker 3: Ben Coles is ten under through three holes today, so he is one under today, but he is ten under for the tournament. So Ben Coles, the guy Rosie wanted but didn't get to take, is ten under. Scotti Scheffer, who teas off at twelve twelve forty four today is six under still plus one sixty to win them that right, yep? Yes, The Twins beat the Guardians three to one in twelve innings last night. Your Twins are fifty one and fifty three. They have a bunch of opportunities to gain some ground because they battle the awful Athletics tonight at seven to ten.
Speaker 1: That's their name, the awful at that name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're terrible.
Speaker 1: They should change that, would you charge it? I'd change it to the Chevy Tahoes.
Speaker 3: Who's the manager of the athletics.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we all know this, do you well? Are you asking a question?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jim bon Jovi, happy birthday, John's brother.
Speaker 3: They are off for the All Star break, but they will battle the tempo next Tuesday after the All Star the Ford Temple, Hey Martins. There is a there's an article on SI dot com.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, and the writer is basically saying that there is a case to be made that Olivia Miles is not just Rookie of the Year, that is not just an All Star, but that she is legitimately an MVP candidates in her rookie season.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I would say not just there's a case to be made. I would say that is an absolute smart statement. I mean, if you look at where she ranks and what her production is, and we talked about this a few days ago, she's in top ten in scoring in the WNBA, not just among rookies, and then you add an assist, and you add in everything else she's doing and get into the advanced statistics. Yeah, she's one of the best players. She's going to have one of the best and maybe the best rookie season in the history.
Speaker 9: Of the WNBA. And she's on the best team.
Speaker 8: So sometimes you have a great player because the players surrounding them just aren't that good and they're their team's leading scorer and they put up huge stats because nobody else on their team really does a lot. But this huge stat is on the best team in the league, and you can't put.
Speaker 1: A ranking on that.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, trivia for you, Mars gambling trivia, go on.
Speaker 4: Olivia Miles is tied for second Draft Kings odds to win MVP at plus seven.
Speaker 3: To fifty overall MVP, she's tied for second.
Speaker 4: Who is she tied with? And who is the massive favorite to win MVP?
Speaker 1: It has to be Christian Cher Happy.
Speaker 3: Birthday, christ So who's the massive favorite and who is she tied with? For seven?
Speaker 9: Asia Wilson.
Speaker 4: Asia is the heavy favorite minus three eighty, a heavy favorite to win? But who is Olivia Miles tied with a plus seven fifty seven and a half to one.
Speaker 8: I'm not thinking not just individuals, but individuals on.
Speaker 9: A good team. Because oh, let's just throw out Caitlin Clark. Let's throw out Page Beckers. Did I already say her name?
Speaker 3: Paige Beckers. Clark is fourth at plus fourteen hundred. Yeah, so it goes Asia Wilson.
Speaker 4: Then Paige and Olivia tied at seven fifty. Then Caitlin Clark Brianna Stewart and so on and so forth. So it looks like it's a one woman race with Asia Wilson. But Olivia is in the conversation incredible, pretty cool.
Speaker 8: And again, when she was drafted, I will admit as much as anyone, I'm like, oh boy, I hope this pans out. I trust she did not have I know I could have listened to you.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 8: It's not because I doubt our scouters and things like that. It's because she did not have this stellar college season that we were all talking.
Speaker 9: About, like, yep, this is the one. Here we go.
Speaker 8: She was the number two overall pick. And you hear Lauren Betts. Yeah, that's a name we all heard, azy fudd, a name we all heard. Olivia Miles was not a name we heard much of coming out of college. J Lo, that's a name we heard. Could have drafted her, we passed. That's probably the right decision.
Speaker 3: It's like fifty seven age, just a number Paul for Ages.
Speaker 1: Great, yeah, nailed it is really yeah.
Speaker 9: I would have said more like early fifties.
Speaker 1: But dang, yeah, she looks great. Shot to Trot's what shot to trot?
Speaker 3: That's what we o? He said, Hot to Trot. He's naming uh Candy Movies, which she loves. You love that movie, right you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Fernando Mendez assigned his rookie contract a four year, fifty seven point two seven million dollar deal with U. It's fully guaranteed and it has a fifty year option. Does parish know who Fernando Mendoza plays for?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: I mean I mentioned it an hour and a half ago.
Speaker 9: So it's fifty fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's it is pretty close to fifty to fifty. Why you want to bet? No, I'm just asking what side of the bet would you be on. I'd say no, I'd say yes, yes, I believe in our parish. I do too, all right, So okay, act bet no just for fun? Go Indiana.
Speaker 1: That was previous twenty four now now, yeah.
Speaker 9: That was this college.
Speaker 3: St.
Speaker 2: Louis.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, they don't even have a team anymore, not Oakland, Las Vegas, Las Vegas. Yeah, he's going to be good.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I remember his quarterback he played for Indiana.
Speaker 8: Is that surprising that he is projected to not play as a rookie?
Speaker 9: Is that just how difficult it is?
Speaker 8: To play as a rookie quarterback, going to be the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Is yeah, Kurko, But I think.
Speaker 8: I know that's what I'm saying though. But he can't beat out an older injured quarterback. Or is it not a matter of beating out it's controls, not a matter of winning the position. Is it a matter of you you need? You just don't want to put them in at that.
Speaker 3: I think it's that. I think they've seen what happens to young quarterbacks that get beat up. It's not a very good football team. They have a few offensive weapons, but the offensive line isn't that good. I think it's that.
Speaker 9: Skill and ability and they want to.
Speaker 3: Ease him in as easily as possible.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Falcons, Ravens, Chiefs, and Commanders rookies report today. Hogs Daddy, the pat Patriots Vets, and Seahawks Vets also report today. Vikings rookies report on Sunday. The Vets will be there on Tuesday. It's all happening. They have their back to football practice a week from tomorrow. After they can every days. You don't have to.
Speaker 4: You don't have to play today, right You're playing on Monday for initials, So no stress for the next handful of days. But if you were stressed out, if you wanted no troubles.
Speaker 8: What would you do well, I'd start with no bubbles.
Speaker 3: No bubbles, which means you're drinking what surf.
Speaker 8: Side, and by I mean probably a couple, and I'd probably grab the peach iced tea, which is my favorite.
Speaker 9: But I've had a lot of people asking about the.
Speaker 8: Raspberry ice tea and the blueberry lemonade.
Speaker 3: Surf side. That sounds good.
Speaker 9: That's been a good one this summer. It's a very refreshing surf side.
Speaker 8: I like to crack it open a little bit and then we have a deep freeze, you know for meat.
Speaker 9: Oh you go on, you put.
Speaker 8: That surf side in there until it's a little bit frosty.
Speaker 3: Oh oh God, for you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Shut up. More of the power to you morning to after this.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: Got that right? Sausage is talking about Rick Fox But former Laker? Why are you pretending you don't know that? You were just talking about that? Where the hell everybody go? Did everybody die? You guys got to stick at eye, then get on the microphone. We got to do this.
Speaker 9: Where did everybody go?
Speaker 3: I think I hate them? And Elizabeth there here, But that doesn't mean I think Corey went to get them all. Oh, he won't go get Parish, but he'll get them.
Speaker 1: I can't say so I blame him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't blame him either anyway.
Speaker 1: Rick Fox, your thoughts the former Laker the same?
Speaker 3: Why is he in the news?
Speaker 1: Birthday?
Speaker 3: Why did you think Rick Fox was randomly brought up by Chris?
Speaker 1: Do you know he won the three state champion straight championships?
Speaker 3: Straight championships? What kind of contest was that?
Speaker 4: You know, a lot of temptation and see if you never tastes strong, finish dead last.
Speaker 3: The room's starting to fill up.
Speaker 4: Elizabeth Reese is here, Tatum is here, Mark Parrish is here, Marnie Gillaner is here.
Speaker 1: Look at you, Look at you both.
Speaker 9: I've missed you.
Speaker 7: I know we run into each other at the elevator, so it's very exciting. Here She goes, Okay, it's I promise I remember how to do this.
Speaker 1: Hi, good to see you. Football season.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, oh my goodness, it is here.
Speaker 10: I am so ready I just feel like we've just been sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth. Yeah, you can stop sending me text apologizing for choosing Ben over me because we all know of the raw and decision. You knew it right away.
Speaker 7: At the five year anniversary of Ben being on the show. Then I'll stop.
Speaker 1: Sending this thank you.
Speaker 9: I appreciate it is till i'm then I'm going to continue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Elizabeth Marney, Marne, Elizabeth Tatum, Marnie, Marnie.
Speaker 9: Tatum, old friends, we have had and held it long.
Speaker 8: Embrace this morning?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why is that person crying to watch them embrace what?
Speaker 7: I'm going to make my way over to that back room in just a second. It's gonna be huggs from Elizabeth.
Speaker 4: I've mentioned you a couple of times this week because you mentioned on Twin City's Live and you've mentioned over text how nervous this game makes you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I said to my boss yesterday I'm going into play Initials tomorrow and she's like, ooh, are you feeling a sickness coming on? I was like, I am, I might have to text core you little sick.
Speaker 8: Remember you had a strategy, you had It's my mantra, and it's open your mind and the answers will come.
Speaker 7: And I recite it to myself on ninety four as I traverse Minneapolis into Saint Louis Park, say it again.
Speaker 3: Traverse is the right word with this construction.
Speaker 4: Right, you have to dodge every closed exit to get here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it wasn't too bad. Okay, good, open your mind. Any answers will come. Thank you. Feel good?
Speaker 3: Tatum, Do you have a mantra? Are you just gonna wing it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I wing it. I just wait.
Speaker 9: Although I will say, I will say I I like to go play Initials Game live.
Speaker 3: I liked you.
Speaker 10: I really do. I go and play with my friends. We have a good time.
Speaker 9: Actually we've been to recently Wooden Ship. Sorry but wooden ship.
Speaker 3: Ship?
Speaker 9: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Where's ship was it? Kurt Bills? I don't think.
Speaker 9: And I a L. T. D. Brewing Morris. It's a great host.
Speaker 10: But yeah, no, we actually really enjoy going and like competing against each other.
Speaker 9: We don't like the teams. No offense to the teams out there.
Speaker 10: To play together. But yeah, all times five five heads are better than one. And I don't appreciate that, you know, I want to win.
Speaker 3: You've won in the past, I have you have?
Speaker 9: It's been a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 9: It always makes me nervous though, No matter what, what about this guy Kevin Palmas, we heard him?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 9: Is he really good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Made to the finals before? Sweedburg's very good at this game as well.
Speaker 8: It's a tough draws fundays.
Speaker 9: On, like, we're not wait hold on, No one's calling us sleds right, No, No, that's just when he plays, just making.
Speaker 1: Sure there are sleds playing today. I'm not gonna say who.
Speaker 3: Well, are they not here yet? You've won? Tatum, You're definitely not.
Speaker 1: You are definitely good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the two of you again.
Speaker 4: Kelsey Cook dominated last Friday, Belinda on Monday.
Speaker 3: Let's keep this female empowerment thing going.
Speaker 4: I think the women's movement is counting on the two of you to keep this momentum.
Speaker 10: Really, I feel in the feminine energy from is that how close?
Speaker 1: Said? I think you're right? Yeah? Sure, So that's a great song.
Speaker 9: This is a good song. If I could just say the word.
Speaker 4: There's around four billion people on the planet that are counting on the two of you.
Speaker 7: Feel like a lot of pressure. I'm not playing for all women. I'm just sighing. I'm just not going to do it you, Tatum, but I cannot. I've got enough bird in the shoulder.
Speaker 4: In my life Monday, So you guys could pass the time Monday and Mary can keep it going.
Speaker 9: I know, I wish that'd be something.
Speaker 7: I always love being in the room when Marny plays because I just want a chair to get tossed. I kind of want to watch it one day and it feels so good.
Speaker 8: Well I have to get some right in order for that to happen.
Speaker 9: Right, You've been, You've been the heat.
Speaker 3: He's a mother that I am. All right, So that's like half an hour. But before she's kind and I ask you, we have two options.
Speaker 4: This segment, and I'm going to leave it up to you guys, because you guys are the.
Speaker 3: Guest of the show. Rad Co sponsors a segment.
Speaker 4: You guys want Las Vegas construction updates or Vikings news.
Speaker 7: Boy as tempting as those Las Vegas construction updates are because I think about those regularly, and I'm going to go Vikings, Tatum.
Speaker 9: But listen, you're playing for all women, so you.
Speaker 8: Just I am taking it only.
Speaker 10: Tatum Perfect timing Kyler Murray. Your thoughts, Oh, I'm excited. I'm excited. I'm really excited to watch the battle out there. I think that, you know, competition breeds better quality quarterback play. I'm excited to see the two of them go against each other and see.
Speaker 9: How it'll play out.
Speaker 10: I am excited for the fact that we're going to get to see some real reps there. You know, you'll start watching joint practices the preseason. You know you won't see him maybe like in the last half of those couple of games. But I think that he's going to bring a certain edge to things because he has this veteran presence where I think he just because of his resume, he does have something to prove. He's never been in a situation where some a team really didn't want him on it anymore. Right, Like he's been mister Texas football. He was playing Heisman, Right, he's all these guys, he's this guy, and then now he comes in and he's like, I have to kind of prove myself. I'm in a quarterback competition, and I'm excited to see how your responds to that. He's been at the facility a ton uh it's really good to see the guy's back, though, I will say, good it is. I know, I kind of yeah, yeah it was. Yeah, it's great. But Kyler Murray, your thoughts, how do you feel?
Speaker 1: You're talking to me and I'm I'm not on TV, And yes, I'm very excited. I think there's a real possibility that this could open up some things that we've been waiting to open up for our squad. I think we are drastically underrated, and I like that. I think we're gonna be good to show.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 10: It kind of has worked in our favorite when we're yeah, under the radar, I think.
Speaker 1: A little bit, which is good. I would agree with you. Is there a rookie that you've talked to then you're like, this is the guy that you guys are gonna love having on the radio.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think you're gonna love talking to Caleb Banks. He's got such a great personality. Trying to think Jacoby Thomas, the safety. I think he'll have a little fun with you. Good gosh, uh, There's not too many that are coming to mind, but I will say Jake Golday is someone that I'm really excited to see actually play football.
Speaker 9: Maybe just past the personality.
Speaker 10: He's just a I mean, I do kind of like he's like a good old Texas boy, our Tennessee boy.
Speaker 9: Excuse me, but he's got that kind.
Speaker 10: Of drawl and he's a little bit of an Andrew van Ginkle esque. Could be somewhere where he can flourish in that type of a position. But I think the winner will be Charles Deming because that man can tell a story and you should actually probably talk to him about it because he's hilarious and I'm pretty sure he could like be a preacher and he's just an amazing dude, has not a really inspirational story, but a really great personality as well.
Speaker 3: You've been around Caleb.
Speaker 9: Banks, I have a little bit here and there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just ballparking for me. How tall is he?
Speaker 2: What do you he? Ways?
Speaker 3: I mean, guy's a monster, right, just give me this possible guest.
Speaker 10: Why so everyone on the vikings to me like it doesn't know hur how he is?
Speaker 3: He's probably six', five is?
Speaker 1: He that's all he wanted to?
Speaker 9: DO i need to google.
Speaker 3: It, no it's, FUN.
Speaker 9: I mean there's really there's just, okay that's that's.
Speaker 10: Fair they all look ginormous when you, Watch like when you walk around work in the, summer you're, like, okay, yeah, cool everyone looks like not looks the, same but we're all. Cool then they get there and you're, like oh my. God i'm like standing in line at the cafeteria And i'm like sandwich with, olignment And i'm, Like.
Speaker 3: Okay that's the weird to see felt in my.
Speaker 4: Life that's the weirdest thing about Like ben Leeber, Right ben's a bigger than average. Guy you put him next to Like brian, McKinney And ben looks really.
Speaker 3: Small it's.
Speaker 7: Nuts he doesn't like it when people are around that are bigger than him.
Speaker 9: Too like we'll be into.
Speaker 7: The City's las studio and then somebody will come in and.
Speaker 5: He'll be, like thank, you thank, you as long as there's some by someone other than, sorry.
Speaker 4: So you can understand the. Words, yes it sounds like he's salty. Anyway, right everybody says That bob's just not in a great. Mood, one, YEAH.
Speaker 9: I mean it might be that. Way that's part of his, thing that's his Draw does.
Speaker 4: Anybody what's The Jacob dylan? Update does he live anywhere Near?
Speaker 3: Minnesota what does he?
Speaker 1: Do he's one of those Southern california. Boys. Now oh, yeah, yeah he did a documentary about. It as a matter of, fact he did the yeah that. One what is that called road The Laurel, Yeah, lacane thank, you you nailed.
Speaker 2: It that's.
Speaker 1: Right he lives In, Laura.
Speaker 8: KANES i just, ready he didn't he just have a traffic?
Speaker 1: Stop you sure?
Speaker 2: Did what?
Speaker 9: HAPPENED i can't get?
Speaker 6: There, hey oh my, GOSH i like.
Speaker 1: It i'm going to take a long length securits this route to get Where i'm. Going but it's gonna, Matter, Okay so stay with, Me bye with. Me, yep last night to play the.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 1: Uh the kid who played drums for me is twenty four years. Old his name Is bennett Villein, okay great, drummer right Like. National he's normally out on the road with big. Artists his grandpa Is BOBBY, v the nineteen fifties, Superstar Right BOBBY. V you guys might know him from songs like A Take Good care Of baby by that? Guy. Right. Yeah he's now playing for a country artist Named Blake Prolo, Right blake from What i've been, told just got signed TO, mca got a record.
Speaker 4: Deal.
Speaker 3: Wow if you want to go.
Speaker 4: Here here's here's what you don't, Understand. Chris if you need a full rundown On Blake, proll asked the guy behind?
Speaker 3: You, no the guy behind? You oh oh is that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no obviously played for The vikings for a couple of. Years, there had a horrible.
Speaker 4: Injury, yeah turned to music and now yeah wearning himself a record, deal is on, tour.
Speaker 8: He was On.
Speaker 1: AMERICAN i know was on The, American BUT i mean apparently he is a songwriter as. Well, like he's not just an. Artist he's writing the songs and he got a record. Deal how? Hurege is that pretty?
Speaker 9: Cool he's really?
Speaker 10: Good what does this guy look? Like he's pretty good, looking pretty? Good An All american country. Singer, right all, right.
Speaker 3: So, tatum you work for The.
Speaker 4: Vikings my guess is you Followed Blake prol on social? Media anybody else raise your?
Speaker 3: HAND i? Do oh my?
Speaker 9: God, Okay so he's in the studio? Nice oh, yeah You zach?
Speaker 3: Does, Okay so there's three come in.
Speaker 9: Here you would love to hang out with, him you. Guys he's so?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 9: OKAY i Think ben can text?
Speaker 2: Him really?
Speaker 3: Maybe, Well ben's comfortable being around smaller.
Speaker 9: Than he's pretty dull though he's really.
Speaker 7: Nice so oh, No ben's texting TALL i shouldn't be talking.
Speaker 9: About he, said good luck with the, initials.
Speaker 4: Buddy he predicted three for you. Yesterday he, said that's, uh that's your, Score elizabeth skipting.
Speaker 7: THREE i Think i've only gotten three one, time and that was when we were In. Londondon, Remember, yeah the controvery can never let it.
Speaker 1: GO i can't blame.
Speaker 9: HIM i will never let it.
Speaker 7: Go during the game, TODAY i said caramel. Apple the answer was candied. Apple that's total Crab. Cory wasn't it the Other, no Because i'm still mad at candied. Apples AND i don't even like candied. APPLES i like. CARAMEL i MEAN i marginally like caramel. APPLE i like apples dipped in. Caramel i'm not interested in one of those giant behemoth apples coated in.
Speaker 4: Karmel that is the correct. Answer apples dipped in caramel is the way to go, you.
Speaker 3: Except that you can't.
Speaker 9: Break your teeth if you're ON. Tv NO i need. Them, yeah these are all my real. Ones quick ragging.
Speaker 4: Grag chris is just mad you Picked. Ben he is going to rip, away all, Right so let's take a, break we'll come, back we'll do a quick fan, fib we'll meet the rest of the, competitors and, then, yes about twenty minutes from, Now tatum And elizabeth square off Against Greg, Sweedberg Mike, grimm And Kevin faulness and one of you.
Speaker 3: Listeners this number is.
Speaker 4: Getting insane gets a crack at one hundred and twenty, thousand five hundred dollars one twenty point five.
Speaker 3: With The Saint Paul Federal Credit union initials. Jackpot this is The Power. Trip Wanting joe.
Speaker 2: On the fan
Speaker 9: From the one eight HUNDRED Ask Gary Traffic center