Speaker 1: On kat wd biceps.
Speaker 2: Its all, okay, you gotta get rid of that one, goo Why because it makes you It makes your head bigger than it really needs to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? All right? It is Christmas time and when it's Christmas time you start to hear jingles happy had today, that type of thing. And so there's one that has been in the Twin Cities area and around the regional area for many, many years. And I've never been able to understand the word in this jingle. Is it more Seasons greetings to you all? Or Ford Seasons Greetings to you all?
Speaker 3: I thought?
Speaker 1: Or is it warm Seasons greetings? Now, if you listen to it, you really can't tell. It sounds like more. But if you listen to it again, it says warm.
Speaker 4: Why would it say Ford Bailey because that's what they sell at minards. They sell things that how or like machinery and the machine and also listen to it Ford Forge Seasons Great.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just singing it out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: It's warm or more? Now I my entire life, I've sang this and I thought more seasons greed, But why would they say more? I don't ever go to Jenny and say Hey, more seasons greetings to you, Jenny, more of a merry Christmas vauant. I might say have a warm I wouldn't, but if I were going to say one or the other, I'd say warm season greetings to you, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Other people say seasons greetings, so maybe they're like, we give you more seasons greetings from us.
Speaker 5: Personally, that's true. I'm like forward to me, I'm going poor seasons greeting are poor? Some seasons greeting? Yeah, wait, hold on, that is it now I'm convinced it's poor, poor seasons greetings or bored.
Speaker 3: It could be bored seasons greetings bored.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna I'm gonna go. I'm gonna know on that one.
Speaker 6: But if it doesn't sound like warm, that's for sure it doesn't.
Speaker 3: There's too much happening in it.
Speaker 1: Well, did they say more? I mean it does. It sounds like more, But that's not a well written vash.
Speaker 4: There seems to be a hard d at the end, which is why I always thought it was for there's a hard d at the end, more seasons greetings more.
Speaker 1: It isn't a word.
Speaker 3: A hard d is at the end. There more seasons greetings.
Speaker 2: Jenny, lets the adults need to talk to you, and I, yeah, it sounds like more to me, it sounds like more.
Speaker 3: I'm not hearing for it at all.
Speaker 2: Bailey, what do you think somebody texted it that it's more because their logo is save more.
Speaker 1: I thought they're no, it's not money, it's saved big money. Yeah, so you're wrong.
Speaker 4: Big seasons greetings, And it doesn't sound like big at all.
Speaker 1: I would say if you were no, not at all. If you work in minards, maybe you know, But then again, why would you This is a jingle singer that probably came out of Hartford, Connecticut, some jingle studio. They probably never even heard of Minards before. I'm just confused about the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they made it kind of to the point where you couldn't really tell, so that.
Speaker 3: You would talk about it aspicuous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, Like are they gonna they're trying to bamboozle us?
Speaker 3: Probably just so we talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Somebody said they thought it was horror season screeting list. See if it is, Yep, it's horror.
Speaker 4: There's a hard at the end there they do, what's it? The end?
Speaker 7: Of that word again, Hardy, it's a mystery that will never be solved in four seasons, like the hotel four seasons.
Speaker 1: It's more yeah.
Speaker 3: Still, so.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's about ten twelve years ago. I was talking to my wife, Susan, and she didn't grow up going to church or vite vacation, Bible school or anything like that, so she doesn't really know the Christmas story. And so you know, if you went to a school or a church or whatever, you know the whole story of Bethlehem and how Mary and Joseph they had to go for a census and there was nowhere to stay, and then Jesus was born, and the three Wise Men and the gold and the Mrrh and all that stuff and away in a manger and all that. Now Susan doesn't know the true Christmas story. Now that boggled my mind because it was such a part of my childhood, Like, oh, well, this is what the Christmas story is. So I said, well, what do you think the Christmas story is? So years ago we recorded Susan with what she thought the Christmas story was, and here it is again.
Speaker 8: So here's the story of Christmas.
Speaker 3: There was a king here, the that he had.
Speaker 8: A big city named Bethlehem, and there were these two married couples. Are one married couple, Mary and God, and the King Oh was celebrating the city's big festival. And Mary and God found out that day at the celebration that she was pregnant.
Speaker 1: She wasn't too.
Speaker 8: Happy because she was really crabby, and God knew it too, But they went ahead and went to the big festival that the king was having.
Speaker 3: And that night they.
Speaker 8: Were done with the celebration, and they thought they had a room at a hotel, but there wasn't any. So they found this barn and people from the celebration. The three kings went to the barn too because they heard that Mary had this baby, and they brought gifts to the baby. Some of them brought a basket of fruit, a person brought a block of gold, and the third person brought a baby blanket with the name Jesus. That night she had her baby, and from that point forward, the king changed the celebration to Christmas, and everybody celebrated the birth of that baby from then on.
Speaker 1: I think she got it all right, But the baby blanket did not say Jesus, said jac Ah J. C. J.
Speaker 3: Embroidered on there.
Speaker 1: She really had no idea. Hey, going back to the jingle we played a minute ago, Elizabeth, you think it is what word? Because it's either four. No, it's either more or warm seasons greetings. Liz, what do you think?
Speaker 9: Yeah, my daughters and I are on the way to school, and we decided it's more because they talk about all the deals that they have going on for Christmas. Okay, they say like thirty percent off this and fifty percent off this, buy one, get one, and then they're like, more seasons greeting.
Speaker 1: Okay, we give you more.
Speaker 3: We do give you more at Christmas. They did, That's what they did.
Speaker 1: It's true, but it's debatable because they didn't just give you some seasons greetings and now we're going to give you more. See. So I don't know. I'm not convinced, Elizabeth, but I appreciate you and your daughter. What's your daughter's name?
Speaker 9: Oh, there's two of them in here, Natalie and Mollie.
Speaker 1: Natalie and Mollie Mery Christmas.
Speaker 10: Oh, oh thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm all right. Here's somebody who thinks they're an authority because you used to work at minards. Hi, any, I'm not sure that qualifies you. But let's hear what your argument is. You think that you know what it is. So they used to have them on the screens at minards.
Speaker 9: Oh and they always had the close caption and it is warm season greetings to you all from nursery.
Speaker 1: Ain't that what I said? No, No, it is too It did not. I absolutely said warm season's greetings because it makes more sense that way. It's ford.
Speaker 8: Amy.
Speaker 1: You you absolutely gave yourself credibility, so we're gonna go with you final word, warm season's greetings.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Amy, absolutely, thank you, and more visited next year.
Speaker 3: It's a standard A side.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back on KADWB. We're doing a Christmas Wish live as it happens, coming up next on kd w B. By the way, the total yesterday, Jenny that we raised with the match with Christmas Wish was twelve.
Speaker 3: Thousand, well it was.
Speaker 6: What we raised was twelve thousand, six and twenty dollars match for the match.
Speaker 1: It's well over twenty five thousand with Treasure Island's match. So thanks to Treasure Island, thank you for your donations, and we'll spend some of that money net all right, We are on Dave Ryan T. I'm gonna bring in something tomorrow on Dave Ryan TV that I want to show you, and I want to tell you you you need to tell me whether I need to get rid of it or not. Because I bought this very expensive item when I was probably twenty two years old, and I saved up for it, and oh, I was so proud of it, and I don't really want to throw it away, but I tried to sell it on eBay and nobody wants it even though it's worth like four hundred dollars. Write it down, Jenny, Write that down Tomorrow at about this time. I'm going to show you this, this item on Dave Ryan.
Speaker 3: This is anti climactic, so help me.
Speaker 1: Oh Bailey, do you know me?
Speaker 6: I was gonna say it will be so.
Speaker 1: Every story I tell goes on too long, and when it's done, you go, that's the story.
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 1: How long have you known me?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what I did last night? You want to hear a story really quick before Christmas? Wass now we're running out. I'll tell you later. I get a Chris Emily. You want to hear a story? Yes, okay, all right, Emily is our Christmas wish person, and we got to get a little bit serious now, Emily, you've been listening to Katie Abb for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely since you were a little kid.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, good grew up here in twinst Okay, and we're gonna do a Christmas wish for a family that you know. How do you know this family?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This is my cousin, Kelly. Okay, it's a first cousin.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna call Kelly in a second and tell her about the Christmas wish. She has no idea this is about to happen.
Speaker 3: She has no clue.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you get her to agree to answer the phone from a strange number?
Speaker 11: Her mom is over there right now to help with her kids, and they have pediatrician appointments later, so she just thinks her mom's coming over to help out.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, all right, we have on the phone to deliver the wish. Our friend Brandon from college muscle movers. Good morning, Brandon, Good morning. Brandon gets up really early, has a couple of shots of espresso, and then he's on his way. Brandon, what part of town are you in this morning? I'm stillwater. Oh wow, Oh you did get up early today. Thanks for making that dry brand and we appreciate it. Shout out, big shout out to college muscle movers, because you know they not only move you across the state, across town, whatever, but they are helping out with Christmas wish and Brandon's doing this on his own time, on his own dime, and we appreciate you, Brandon so much for delivering all the wishes. So thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, have a good day. Let's get into Christmas wish right now. We're gonna call the person your cousin, Kelly, and hopefully Kelly's going to answer the phone and we will find out all about your Christmas wish. Here on Katie WB. Brought to you by Treasure Island Resorting Casino. By the way, yesterday during match day we raised over twelve thousand dollars twelve thousand, twelve thousand, six hundred and twenty dollars yesterday matched by Treasure Island. Hello, good mon, I'm calling for Kelly. Please.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is hi Kelly.
Speaker 1: It's Everything's good. It's Dave Ryan over at Katie WB. How are you.
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 1: Surprise? Yeah, I understand. Everything's fine. I'm here with cousin, cousin Emily.
Speaker 3: Say hi, Emily, Hey, kel, it's em Oh Hi.
Speaker 1: You were not expecting this phone call? Were I take it right?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 10: I wasn't.
Speaker 12: No, you guys all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad to hear that you probably know about Christmas wish then. So we heard from your cousin Emily, who told us a little bit about your situation and the challenges that you've gone through in twenty twenty five, and we're here to grant her Christmas wish, and her wish is for you and your family to have a better Christmas and just kind of lighten the load and let you know that you're loved. She wrote us a very sweet email, and I'm going to have her read that for you now. Okay, okay, whenever you're ready, no crying. Go ahead, Emily, whenever you're ready.
Speaker 11: Dear Dave, My cousin Kelly and her husband Nathan have had a difficult twenty twenty five. Beginning in the summer, Nathan, a marine veteran, went to the er numerous times because he was feeling unwell. He was admitted to the VA Hospital, where he stayed for many weeks for tests and biopsies, ultimately receiving a diagnosis of a secondary HLH. HLH is a severe systemic inflammatory syndrome that is fatal if not treated promptly and aggressively. Unfortunately, it has a very high mortality rate. Nathan underwent intense chemo and steroid drugs as a first line of treatment, but was told just last week that the chemo hasn't worked. A bone marrow transplant looks like the next step, but given how rare HLH is, the path forward.
Speaker 3: For treatment isn't clear.
Speaker 11: While dealing with all this, Kelly has been busy taking care of their seventeen month old son, Connor, and last month she gave birth to their new baby, Ethan. She's currently on maternity leave from her job as an RN at the VA Hospital, and Nathan has been unable to work since October due to his health, leaving them in a very difficult position financially. At a time when they should be soaking up all this new baby love as a family of four, they're instead struggling with major health issues and a really tough financial situation. Kelly and Nathan have worked hard to create a beautiful life together, and this is a major setback, especially right before the holidays. They're truly deserving of any help they can get.
Speaker 7: Thank you, my gosh, you're.
Speaker 1: So right about that, Emily. Is a time when you've got what a seventeen month old and a baby that's just a few weeks or a month old now and Christmas coming and everything should be wonderful and exciting. And it was just a regular kind of a You probably thought it was like the flu or a like just an ache or something that Nathan went into the VA and then then things got serious.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's been a huge life challenges and shaking us up.
Speaker 1: And Nathan's a former marine and Marines, or let's face it, they're badass. All the services are badass, but you don't want to tangle with a marine. He definitely is, and so I'm sure that's going to be frustrating for him because Marines, even a lot of the time when they're retire from the service, they're still very fit, very healthy. They want to do everything. Is that kind of true?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yes, he does, and this has been very hard for him to not be able to help how he wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where is Nathan now he was in the hospital for a long time. Is he home with you now?
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's actually right next to me here.
Speaker 13: Right here.
Speaker 1: Hey, Nathan, good morning, buddy, Good morning. Hey. Thanks for your service, first of all, and second of all, we're so we're so sorry that you're going through all this. But with Emily's Christmas wish, we want to just kind of brighten your day a little bit and and and and bring you some things for part of for Christmas wish that are gonna hopefully just make you smile, make you feel loved and supported, and wish you well and this this health challenge that you're struggling against, and let you know that there's so many people that are rooting for you. Now, I've got something really cool at the end, but I'm gonna save that at the end, and I'm going to talk about some other just things for Connor and Ethan. Is how old is Ethan now, Kelly? One month old?
Speaker 3: That's fresh baby.
Speaker 1: It is what babies need, you guys, they need diapers. So we're bringing over four cases of diapers, four cases of diapers. We got some Infamil neuro pro formula canisters, we got more diapers, we got wipes and more diapers. And then we got some baby stuff and some cool babies, like a squish mellow and some cool things, and there's I know you don't put pillows in a baby crib when they're this young, but later he'll enjoy the little squish mellow and some little toys and things like that. They're just so sweet when they're a month old, just adorable. How is big brother Connor?
Speaker 9: He's one right, yeah, one and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, big boy, don't forget the half day.
Speaker 1: Is he a good big brother?
Speaker 12: Oh, he is in love with his brother, with his baby brother. He's in ah of him.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got I know there are probably presents under the tree, but we just want to add a little bit more to spoil him a little bit. So we got him a bunch of things here. We got him a Rudolph Squish Mellow. We got him a Mega Blocks builder set. Some of these things he might be a little bit too young for, but he'll grow into him for sure. We got him a John Deere Kids Dig Dump Beep Book, which is going to drive you crazy, but you'll take the battery out, but he'll he'll love it.
Speaker 12: We got someone his truck.
Speaker 1: We heard that. Yes, that's awesome. We got a little tight story dream machine with a but like paw Patrol Stories. Just a bunch of stuff for kids and then for you too. Let's start off with Nathan. Here. We've got for you a thousand dollars Delta gift card that's gonna come in the mail, and a twenty five dollars Uber voucher so the family can come visit. Where is your family, Nathan, soh.
Speaker 4: My mom and sister out in California, But I got some other cousins and relatives down in om Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, we'd love to have the family fly up on Delta and visit you guys when they get a chance. And also a car wash. We got Sud's car wash gift card. Why not everybody can use a car wash this time of the year. Let's talk about I'm gonna save something for last let me go back here a little bit. Okay, we're gonna save something cool for just some variety of different things to kind of lighten the load and make you smile. We got one hundred dollars Uber eats and one hundred dollars door Dash gift card for your family. Plugs Electric has given us a two hundred dollars Visa gift card to spend on whatever you want. Haircuts for the family, Great clips a two hundred dollars gift card. There's more. There's a three hundred dollars High V gift card so you can go over to grocery and get a Christmas ham or a Christmas turkey or whatever you want over at High V. Gas card from Holiday for one hundred and one dollars and oil change from Faveline Broadway Pizzae hundred dollars gift card. Do you want to hear the big surprise?
Speaker 9: We can handle it.
Speaker 1: We heard you like Morgan Wallan. Yes, yeah, we got you a pair of tickets to see Morgan Wallen when he comes to US Bank Stadium in April. Okay, oh my god, we're happy to do it. So the Morgan wall and tickets. And then oh there's like a nail salon gift card two from Nirvana Nails, which is really cool. Get your nails done first. And I know this doesn't change anything, but hopefully it'll just make you guys feel loved and appreciated uh and supported during your journey.
Speaker 10: More than you can imagine.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much and you're so welcome. I wish you, guys, along with everybody listening to KTB, to be the best possible Christmas. And uh just hope you feel the love and support from everybody here at KTBB and from cousin Emily as well.
Speaker 12: I love you too, Thank you so much, thank you everyone, more than enough.
Speaker 1: Hey, as a non marine, Nathan, do I get to say simplify or only marines get to say simplfy?
Speaker 10: I mean, I guess it depends on the situation.
Speaker 1: We'll thought he was gonna automatically say yes, we'll talk more about that later, because if you can't say simplify unless you're a marine, that's and I was never a marine. No almost almost. Yeah. Hey, you guys have a great holiday, thanks for talking to us, and your wishes being delivered by College muscle movers. Brandon's at your front door right now.
Speaker 9: All right, all right, thank you so much, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Christmas wish brought you by Treasure Island and Holiday Station Stores. I got to get some thank yous too for all the people who have been so generous. Plugs Electric They're at plugselectric dot com. Plugz great clips. Thank you so much. HIV don't forget to sign up for HIV person get even more discounts and deals, Holiday Station Stores, Amy and Valvelene, Broadway, Pizza Choice Bank, Youth Link, and everybody including you who might have donated yesterday Christmas Wish on KD double Ub. I think one of the things about Christmas wish is it reminds you, and it reminds me every year, and every time I hear one of these, it's like, you never know what life is going to bring you, and you know, we always hope and we always expect that life will bring us the best and knock on wood, I sure hope it does. And let's be honest, it usually does. Life usually brings you the best or at least good. But there's those times when it's like, oh, man, I got like an ache and you go in and you expect him to give you like a prescription and some antibiotics and they go, oh my gosh, we got to test you or something cryptos right, and then all of a sudden your life is completely different. Like Nathan goes in for you know, something that seemed like oh, the doctors would be like, oh yeah, we'll put you on a Marxist cycling right, and he probably expected to run down to CVS and everything would be fine. And now he is fighting the fight of his life. Yeah, and that can happen to any of us. So just be grateful. And I think that's one of the things as you gather the family around this year, just be grateful that they're healthy and that they're running around and eating and laughing and playing games and well.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like what Christmas wish is all about.
Speaker 4: Makes you thankful for what you do have and then want to give to folks who need it and.
Speaker 1: All that true. Yeah, and if it inspires you to donate, then you can donate on katiewb dot comt slash wish. All right, what's going on here on the showy Christmas Wish throws me off every time because we get so deeply involved in it. To Dave's dirt here real quick, Dave Dirt. Then we're gonna talk to somebody who always that the Bizarro Corner story. Yeah, oh this is a good one. Okay, stay here for that. Let's do the dirt right day one one three kd w B. As far as the Rob Reiner story, it continues to just get more and more bizarre. Apparently his daughter was the one who discovered them. Uh and uh just kind of an ugly thing. The latest update is as my page opens here.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They basically they said that at Conan O'Brien's Christmas party, he was the son was seen acting the erratically by multiple people. In addition to a loud shouting match at the party with his father, he apparently interrupted Bill Hayter, who told him I'm having a private conversation. That's when Nick is said to have stared dad at the comic before storming off. Now I don't know about this, but a lot of the time addicts are so desperate for drugs and money that he could have been there like fighting with his dad looking for more money. Somebody told me that he had been to rehab like seventeen times by the age he was by the age of twenty four years old. How awful and frustrating. I just can't even imagine. So just a just a horrible, tragic story, and it's still kind of hard to believe that it even happened.
Speaker 6: So Zutopia two has been a worldwide sensation and I hit the one billion mark faster than any animated movie. But because of that, there's apparently this breakout character called Gary to Snake, and it's model left for the highly venomous blue Indonesian pit viper, and while his bite is rarely fatal, it can result in like pain, swelling, all that good stuff. But that isn't stopping fans from apparently buying them as pets now because of Zootopia too, No, so we are all influenced by things. Dave's Dave's influence by Instagram ads. Now people are getting influenced by Zootopia to to buy a venomous spider. No, sorry, snake, snake regardless, don't do it. That movie, though, has made like billions of dollars already, so.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it and I want to.
Speaker 4: Olivia Rodrigo reveals she's just like us because she used to write one direction fan fiction like got.
Speaker 14: Tea and we like walked around and I got home and I was like, I feel like I like wrote that in a fan fiction and I like lived it, Like that is so crazy how that can happen in your life?
Speaker 3: And he's so sweet. Jenny, did you ever write fan fiction when you were.
Speaker 6: A youth, I didn't, but I think we've had this conversation that you.
Speaker 3: Have to write the Harry Potter fan fiction.
Speaker 4: I feel like a fan fiction writing is a staple in middle school life. So I'm glad that Olivia Rodrigo is one of us.
Speaker 6: No, my only thing was leaving the EMO statuses on aol List messenger, like some kind of like my chemical romance and lyrics, so that like the crush, I had knew that I was sad because he didn't pay attention exactly.
Speaker 3: You know what that counts. It's a little jelly.
Speaker 2: Row claims that he was color blind until weight loss cured him.
Speaker 3: I was colorblind.
Speaker 13: I couldn't see. I've seen shades of colors, like I general concepts, but like Hunter Green, immal green, like what green's green to me? I never realized there was nuances in prettiness and that some were brighter and tone different. I just seen them like shades. I'd say, nine months into No Sugar, I start, I think I forgot what it was. But it was a planet at our house and I come outside and I grabbed my wife and I go, dude, how long we had that pretty purple tulip?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 13: She was like, you've walked by that plant for two years, what are you talking about? And slowly I started looking around the next few days and over the next months, I was like, I'm seeing clear color.
Speaker 2: So he said it's after he stopped, after he cut out sugar, like nine months. I don't know how true it is if you have lost weight. Text didn't let me know if that's like a symptom you realized, But I think it's I mean cool.
Speaker 4: Someone did text in when we talked about it earlier, saying that they lost like one hundred and fifty pounds and feel like they're not as nearsighted anymore.
Speaker 3: They're like, I don't even need to wear my glasses.
Speaker 1: I guess that there's like you know, when there's a big strain on your heart, I mean, I guess it probably affects a lot of things. You know. I'm no idea what, but that kind of makes sense because a lot of like the with your eyes. You ever you ever go to the die doctor and they do that pressure on your eyes, they do that little puff that in your eyes. That's to test how much pressure is behind your eyeballs. And I'm going to guess if your heart is working too hard or not hard enough or something, then that pressure is probably going to change that and that changes the thickness of your cornea. Listen to me, like I know what I'm talking.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're selling it. Yeah, it sounds right.
Speaker 6: I've been to the eye doctor, I think like one time total, and the only thing I could vote serious because I have like perfect eyes.
Speaker 1: Do you really holding that?
Speaker 3: That would be one middle finger? Well correct movie, No.
Speaker 6: But the only thing I could focus on, maybe they did the puff of smoke or whatever it is, was how hot the guy was exactly a hot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I went to an eye doctort one time and it was like there was like a Vogue model walking in and I'm like, oh, hello, doctor shouts on the cover of GQ magazine.
Speaker 3: He should be Oh my gosh. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a movie coming out by Spielberg and it's called Disclosure Day and it is kind of like an alien invasion kind of a movie. And I saw the trailer last night. It looks really good. Here's the creepy sounding trailer part of it. Anyway, for Steven Spielberg's full disclosure.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Or Disclosure days. That's what it's called.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Kansas City. Let's take a let's today.
Speaker 1: He is she's trying to do the weather on TV and she can't speak why because she's an alien. I don't think it comes out until next summer. But looks really good.
Speaker 6: Either.
Speaker 1: They're also saying that Pluribus is Apple TV's biggest success of all times.
Speaker 3: Is that aliens too?
Speaker 1: It is aliens, Yeah, but you never see the aliens, at least not this far.
Speaker 3: I just like.
Speaker 4: Aliens, like alien stories because they don't scare me, because I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that will ever happen.
Speaker 2: I can't talk on what I've never been an alien like movie person or a war movie person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you a movie person?
Speaker 4: Von?
Speaker 3: Not really? No.
Speaker 4: Josh Grobin and Jennifer Hudson are going on tour together. I don't exactly know what they're doing on tour, but they're going.
Speaker 1: Yes, this extraordinary, extraordinary, one of the greatest vocalists's ever lived, one of the most amazing people on the planet.
Speaker 2: I can barely even contain myself telling you this news.
Speaker 7: Has graciously agreed to come out on.
Speaker 1: The road with me this summer.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be touring Oh my gay, it's gonna be exciting.
Speaker 4: I'm excited because one I love Josh Gadd. Two, Jennifer Hudson is fun. And I just jos Josh.
Speaker 3: Joshad where I don't know why I said Josh Gad. I met Josh Gropin. So anyway, that should be fun and lovely. And Sabrina Carpenter was on Late Night. We said to my eyes yesterday and he does I love every time he does.
Speaker 2: It's called day drinking, where they just go to a bar and they act crazy and here's a little clip of them doing animal sounds the bar.
Speaker 1: Now, who, I.
Speaker 3: Love you right down the middle.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go higher.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be screechy. I'm gonna think it's ready.
Speaker 3: You think you won? Neither of us hissed.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, did that sound more like me or more like a human saying?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: The whole videos on YouTube if you want to go watch it, like, wah.
Speaker 1: So they're drunk and they're doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they go to a bar and they just do a bunch of dumb bits. I love he's done this with do a LiPo with Rihanna. It's actually a really good series I love and talk show hosts find their thing like chicken shop date or hot ones and day drinking is what that is.
Speaker 3: For Seth Myers, that is.
Speaker 1: Kind of funny. I do love hot ones, all right. That is the dirt brought to you by six point two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. We thought we would call this a Bizarro corner because this story is just it is just kind of bizarre, but it's also very clever and funny. Let's check it out now.
Speaker 10: Now it's time for Dave's.
Speaker 3: Corner.
Speaker 1: Rachel's on the phone with a story about how you've had something bizarre and very clever happened in your life. Rachel, welcome to Katie. Will you be your live on the radio right now? Tell me your story? What happened?
Speaker 12: Oh my gosh, you guys.
Speaker 15: Okay, So I started because you know, you've heard all the dating mythhaps that happened because dating sucks.
Speaker 3: These days, right, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 10: So I started dating this guy and I'm just going to say his name.
Speaker 12: His name is Dylan.
Speaker 15: Okay, and this guy, because he deserves to be called out, this guy is another level like past stage five clinger, past that.
Speaker 12: Okay, so we I.
Speaker 15: Don't know, we were only dating for like a couple months, but this guy right off the bat, if I was doing.
Speaker 12: Anything like would get really weird.
Speaker 10: And so I was that with my friends.
Speaker 15: One day and this guy texted me like every maybe twenty minutes, asking where I was, Oh are you what are you doing? Even though I told him, I told him like, Hey, gonna be with friends this day, We're going to the mall. And then yeah, like every twenty minutes, Well what are you doing now?
Speaker 12: Oh got check in time check in And I'm just right.
Speaker 10: And at first it was like, Okay, maybe he's like a little insecure.
Speaker 15: I'm trying to get.
Speaker 10: Him the benefit of a doubt.
Speaker 15: But then I was at dinner with my parents and.
Speaker 10: Again told him, you know, I'm an open book. I'm not I don't have anything to hide. So I'm like, I'm at dinner with my parents.
Speaker 15: So not only did he text, he did the same thing, texted me a few times, where are you? Who are you with?
Speaker 10: And then when I didn't text him back because again.
Speaker 15: I'm at dinner with my parents, I'm not gonna have my phone out, Yeah, he called me, I kid you not sixteen times.
Speaker 1: Gee, while you're at dinner with your parents. Yes, he just sounds like a sweet guy that he loves He loves you, you, Rachel, he cares about you.
Speaker 3: You've been dating Rachel for like a couple of months.
Speaker 1: That's not sounds like love to me.
Speaker 10: No, exactly. This is a different I don't know, it was a different kind of love. This is like, what's that guy from that show you what's his next?
Speaker 3: Joe Joe Goldberg? Joe Goldberg.
Speaker 10: This is this is Joe Goldberg's level. Okay, so you know, yeah, so that was kind.
Speaker 15: Of like that was almost the like my last straw.
Speaker 10: But then this guy invites himself.
Speaker 9: To my family Christmas, Like, you know, we.
Speaker 10: Were talking about it and he was like, well, what time do we need to be there? And I'm like and so that's when it was just like then I had to just be.
Speaker 9: Straight up I was And then I had to tell him like, okay.
Speaker 15: Actually it's only me going, and I had to gently.
Speaker 9: Be like, okay, we need to we need.
Speaker 15: To look this. We had to come to Jesus moment and I'm like, you need to step back.
Speaker 10: A little bit, okay, like you're you're a little too much and he went off and was like, you are not being authentic. I'm the authentic one.
Speaker 15: You're not committed to this, like just all of this like total bs right it just what is is that considered gaslighting?
Speaker 10: What is it deflecting?
Speaker 3: Whichever something something bad? It's a red flag. It's a red flag. That's all that matters. It's a couple.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 10: So I had had it. I was like, okay, you want to play games, let's play.
Speaker 15: So I set the sky a video. Okay, So I like I had makeup on and I like smeared it all, was like made myself look like I was crying.
Speaker 12: And I sent him a video and.
Speaker 15: Was basically just like okay, like you want to commit, let's commit.
Speaker 1: So you so coach. So if I get this right, here's a guy that's all over you. He's coming on way too strong. You told him to back off, and he said, I'm not backing off. This is authentic me. I care about you. So you decided to beat him in his own game, and you made a video of you sobbing with running makeup, and you sent it over to him.
Speaker 15: I did, and I wanted to mess this level of crapy.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have to that's the only thing that's going to stock and get rid of.
Speaker 1: So to get rid of this guy. Yeah, here's amazing thing you sent us, the video of you giving him a taste of his own medicine. Can I play it?
Speaker 15: Yes, go for it now.
Speaker 1: This is Rachel trying to get rid of this guy that won't leave her the f alone. She's now picture her. I'm picturing you face really close to the camera, tearstained cheeks, make up, running with the crazy eyes. Do you do you have a crazy look? If you want to put it on, I want to put it on.
Speaker 12: I can.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm a girl. I have the crazy in me.
Speaker 1: Here's the audio. Check it out.
Speaker 3: Listen, Dylan.
Speaker 16: I need to show you that I'm being authentic, and I need you to believe that I am authentic and that I do want this with you, and that I'm committed. So I stopped taking my birth control. We are going to be fooling parents. You are going to get me pregnant and we will have a baby and we will have a happy ending because I am committed and I am authentic, and I'm not fooling around anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, would terrify me?
Speaker 1: Who that was that was worse than I thought.
Speaker 3: I mean, match that energy.
Speaker 1: How many takes did that take you to get that? Right? Dylan got your video? What did he do when he got your video?
Speaker 12: I haven't heard from him since.
Speaker 2: Yeah, matched that man's crazy.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: So hey, if you're in the same situation, now you've got a blueprint. You just got to be able to put it on.
Speaker 1: You just have to.
Speaker 15: And I know I know he saw it because he had read recet on it that he read it. And yep, I haven't heard from him since.
Speaker 12: I haven't reached out. He hasn't reached out, so.
Speaker 1: He probably blocked you.
Speaker 3: Now I'll try to beat me in my own game.
Speaker 10: Guys, that's the that.
Speaker 1: Would probably do it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh, but there's a chance Rachel could have backfired and he's like, good, good, have you send you one with his makeup running?
Speaker 3: Yeah, still shows up your parents on Christmas.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: That was one of my favorite Bizar Report stories ever. Rachel, thanks for sharing. We appreciate it, Good luck you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Wowaves Mi.
Speaker 1: Kd w B. Wow, what do you think about that? That's crazy and it worked?
Speaker 4: Somebody Texan in is Dylan from Plymouth? Because I swear. I know that. Just look at the radio.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Wow. Thank you Rachel. Okay, whenever you have a bizarre story, and sometimes you do, remember your friends here at the Dave Ryan Show. Send us an email to Ryan Show at katiewb dot com or send a text message. We'd love to get you on the next one. All right, we're gonna play winning Song Wednesday Christmas version. That's the home. We are all going to bring a song to the show. You need to listen to each song, and then you're gonna vote on which song you want to hear the entire song. I'm gonna play this is my favorite Christmas song of all time. It is an instrumental that is just the classic. It's not Christmas if I don't hear this song sleigh Ride on winning Song Wednesday. So if you want to hear the entire song sleigh Ride, you would call in vote for Dave at six five one NINEB. But you don't vote really until you hear everybody else's song. Jenny, what do you want to hear? What do you want to play?
Speaker 6: It's my favorite current Christmas song, which is Kelly Clarkson Underneath the Tree.
Speaker 1: I do love that song. That is probably one of my top five Christmas songs ever.
Speaker 3: Ale What do you Got?
Speaker 4: Mine is from My loves the Jonas Brothers with feels like Christmas.
Speaker 1: Every diffy like Chris. Okay, very good, Hi Baby insay? Come on, all right, let's grab the phones and see what we got to first one to get to three votes, that's the song. We'll play the entire thing. Who me?
Speaker 3: You? You don't got lyrics? It don't it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't need songs, don't you? You are an amateur?
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to. This is like Sleigh Rod. It is nice fight, but not for winning song. Wednesday Baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you're hurting my feelings? What okay? If you feel sorry for me, vote for Yes, Katie w B.
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 12: Alison?
Speaker 1: Who you're voting for?
Speaker 10: Allison Girl Bailey would come through with the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, thank you, Katie w B. What's your name?
Speaker 15: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Ryan? Who you're voting for? Yeah? Okay, thank you, katiewb Hi. What's your name?
Speaker 12: Amanna?
Speaker 1: Amanda? What do you want to vote for?
Speaker 12: I want to vote for Jenny.
Speaker 1: Vote your spread all over the place. Katie W B. What's your name?
Speaker 3: And Harlow, Hi, what do you want to vote for?
Speaker 1: Jenny Jenny, Merry Christmas, Katie w B. Who do you want to vote for?
Speaker 3: I want to vote for Jenny Jenny. I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad about it either. This is good. Thank you, have a great day. Jenny song On k D w B, Kelly Clarkson, Kelly Clarkson