Speaker 1: The Nightcap on seven hundred WLW, Gary Jeff Walker. Great to be back in the catbird seat. Great to be back on the air with you. Sorry Reds fans, there's not more playoff action to consume. And the Bengals, well, we'll leave that for later discussion. The wild Man will be joining us later, and I know that he has a case of what he would call the anticipated goo after another Bengals loss yesterday to the Detroit Lions, which pretty much everyone expected, I think, including the Bengals. But we start this evening with my friend Peter Bronson, the author of so many great books centered on history, especially in this part of the country, and the former Inquirer columnist and just a guy who has been a great boon of content for me and been a good friend for many years. Now. Pete, welcome back into the Nightcap studio. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to be here with you, Gary Jeff. You're very kind in your introduction there. I appreciate well, no, I mean you're like a less gifts.
Speaker 1: My first show, my very first Nightcap, My very first guest was Marty Brenneman.
Speaker 2: Oh I only select the best. Oh well, I'm glad to be in his company. I like Marty, especially if you're the leadoff hitter. So how have you been? Very good? Life is great. I've been very busy this summer traveling. Celebrated my fiftieth wedding anniversary with graduated wife Kathy, and.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: We had the whole family up on Lake Michigan, as we used to do when our children were still children, and brought the grandkids up there so they could see the joy of being on the lake.
Speaker 1: And play in the way. I got to tell you that there are so many reasons that I really really admire you and look up to you personally, and it has very little to do with your great accomplishments, which would be enough on their own. But the greatest accomplishment I think a man or a woman can have in this life is an enduring relationship with a spouse. Oh yes, fifty years is incredible. And the thing is people who are if you're listening to this and you've not been married, but you're contemplating it for the first time, warning, it is very difficult to main it's the best job you could ever have, But it is a job, is it not? It is there's a lot of responsibility.
Speaker 2: And you know, I would just say to those that are in their twenties and thirties and they feel like this is just not going to work and things are.
Speaker 1: Just too rough, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Stick it out. It's like an investment. It just gets better and it pays off better and better and better. The interest compounds and your life gets better, your marriage gets stronger, your family gets stronger, and that's the real payoff. Krista and I just celebrated our eleventh wedding annis relations this time.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: All told together if you count the first marriage, which I don't know, we'll do just for the sake of this conversation. We've we've been together on and off since May thirty first of nineteen ninety seven. So good, great, you know, we got back together and God showed us a way to do that, and it was wonderful and it has been a end of that, Bless the Lord. So okay, So that's one thing. You have been tirelessly working on. Another book which is just about ready to come out. Yes, the last.
Speaker 2: Book was the last book was called promised about this area, Yes, about the first settlers and pioneers who came here are a really.
Speaker 1: Tough group of people. Yeah, they were, They had to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Miami Slaughterhouse, it was known. Cincinnati was really wasn't even known as a city or a town at the time. It was just a little tiny settlement around Fort Washington.
Speaker 1: But everybody did.
Speaker 2: Know that it was the Miami Slaughterhouse because the Shawnee and the Miami tribes were so fierce.
Speaker 1: Well, then all the German settlers finally established a city here and it became poor Coppolis and a pig slaughterhouse. Yeah. There you go, the other one, the other slaughterhouse house to another. And some people say, with the state of the city of Cincinnati, it's maybe not necessarily a positive thing that in many neighborhoods it's become a slaughterhouse again. And that's another topic for another time. But yeah, So tell me about the new book, Peter. Well, the new book is called Magical History Tour. And what I'm doing in this time is is a lot like the other books.
Speaker 2: I'm focusing on our local history and the really rich treasure of history Cincinnati has, and so much of it is buried, it's undiscovered. When you tell people these stories about what happened, for example, during the Confederate invasion of Cincinnati in eighteen sixty two in my book called The Man who Saves Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Which you've written about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people are completely I speak about this all the time. I do various groups, service clubs and historical societies and so forth, so I stay busy with that. I was totally unaware of that, and so most of the people that I meet.
Speaker 1: And so there are.
Speaker 2: All these great treasures of history, and this time I've found five that I'm using as short stories. And some are you know, like you could sit down and read it in a couple hours, and some are a couple a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: But so it's nonfiction, but it's framed a fiction. Yeah, I would call it historical fiction. Historical fiction.
Speaker 2: So the history he is all accurate, and nobody says or does anything that would be inconsistent or invented as a means of telling our history, but that we use the fictional characters in a few instances to help move the story along and make it more exciting. So I might pair up in one story a real detective, a Cincinnati detective in the eighteen middle eighteen hundreds, and his name was William Rainey, and a very well decorated Civil War veteran and a great detective who's a character in his own right. But I paired him up with a newspaperman who is fictional, but it was based on newspapermen at the time, and they're kind of a cohorts to try and solve this crime that they see, which is that two women from the Whitewater Shaker commit community up near Northmen they check into a downtown hotel and commit suicide apparently.
Speaker 1: And the rest is very interesting.
Speaker 2: They were kicked out of the Shaker community, banished for violating the oath of celibacy, and there was a young man who is being allowed to come and stay in the community who helped them.
Speaker 1: Both the mother and the daughter violate that oath.
Speaker 2: And it's a very fascinating story of love, of romance, of mistakes of crazy cults. I guess you could call them like the Shakers. They're a little bit on the cultish side, and that's maybe a little bit controversial for people who know the Shaker's story. But I'll just leave you with this on that one. If you go out to the Whitewater Shaker Community Cemetery. You're going to find out first of all, that it's not well populated because celibacy, you know, a community.
Speaker 1: And Peter, this is how cults die, This is how this is how the world may die. With the population rate that we've got in this country and around the world. You know, we went from this hysteria. We're over populated. There's no way that the earth can feed that many people. It's going to be horrible. We've got to restrict our and you know now our birth rate is not even at replacement rate in the United States. But anyway, I digress, so very good point.
Speaker 2: So celibacy is the cult at sac for this. So the cemetery is not well populated. It's a lot of room with only a few graves in back. But in the middle of the cemetery is a monument and it says this is dedicated to the Shaker community, a community of celibate Christian Communists.
Speaker 1: Now who knew that? Who knew that? I did not know? Isn't that great? And so that story.
Speaker 2: When I heard about this suicide of these two women, I began to investigate it and it turned out to be very fascinating. It's a bit of a mystery. It has some medical mystery in it. It has mystery of what were these young men doing in the Shaker community who were allowed to come in from Cincinnati. In this case, the guy was a drunk, a total black sheep, and his wealthy family and they.
Speaker 1: Sent him up there to dry out. So interesting story. Well, instead of drying out, he got two women kicked out.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the double standard that becomes evident where he was allowed to come back and the women were not A very sad story, but fascinating.
Speaker 1: And so that's one of the stories. But yeah, the book is a magical history tour, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: And in it also I will include ten places that you need to see or visit with your kids to show them and explain Cincinnati history, what really happened here and the importance of it.
Speaker 1: You've lived in Cincinnati a little bit right around the time that I have. I moved here in nineteen ninety four. I came here two ninety two, not originally from here. But you have so sunk your teeth, oh into the culture and history of this town. I love it. Do you think that if you had, for example, remained in Arizona or remained in Michigan that you would have found the same treasure trove there. Is it because you were you were eating at the table that's set for you, or do you think that there's something very unique and special about this area in particular, well from mining history.
Speaker 2: I kind of answered that all of the above, But with the exception of Michigan, because I grew up in Michigan, I took it all for granted, and I didn't really have the history, didn't really interest.
Speaker 1: As a lot of people probably take Cincinnati history for granted, and that's the reason people like you write books exactly.
Speaker 2: So you might be living in Arizona for ten or eleven years as I would, as I did, and yet I didn't go to the Grand Canyon. Well, people that I knew that live there all their lives didn't go to the Grand Canyon. Yeah, you know, so, I mean it's sort of like one of those things if you just grow up there, you take it in stride and it's like that's just the way it is. Whereas when I came to a place new, I was fascinated by Arizona history and the history of the Arizona Rangers and the wild West and all the things that happened out there. Very exciting history. But when I came to Cincinnati, I find it's even richer because it goes back so much farther, and it goes back to the seventeen hundred, the late seventeen hundreds, you know, for the for the Western civilization part of it. And there's just so much rich history here and so much that I still haven't uncovered and discovered.
Speaker 1: Do you find that in your research there are ample people to talk to that do know these things, so you can call this information out into a book. I mean, where do you find your sources?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: There's this is I've it's like the golden age of historical research. I believe I can find things that used to take me weeks in the newsroom to just because of the Internet, because I can push a few buttons on a keyboard and I know where to go.
Speaker 1: Be careful. Dave Patter has warned me that AI hallucinates.
Speaker 3: So do you.
Speaker 2: I don't let me say right up front, I do not use AI in any way for my books.
Speaker 1: I don't trust it.
Speaker 2: And I, as an artist or a writer, what modest level of that I have? I am not willing to forfeit my intellectual imagination and my capacity to write to some machine that's going to tell me how it should be done.
Speaker 1: No way, I don't touch that stuff. Well, the problem is, and actually I'll be talking to Dave this week on the program, but the thing that he was bringing up just last Saturday morning was the problem with AI is that it consumes other AI. There will be no human content on the Internet at all. That's all scary, replaced by artificial intention. And how can we possibly trust that? You know, I was listening to an interesting podcast the other day, and I like to do that while I'm walking, and a lot of times they stimulate your imagination. I'm listening to an interesting podcast right now.
Speaker 2: And this person, who has done a lot of research on this, said that he compared AI. He said, this is the biblical tree of knowledge by which you will gain wisdom and the promises that you will be like God. Now remember the tree of wisdom in the Garden of Eden. That was the serpent that said, yes, have this eat of the tree of wisdom that God forbids, and you will be like God, and you will know all that you need to know about good and evil. Well, he's saying that this is where AI is going to go. It's going to be the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and by imbibing in it, you are paying a huge price, mankind.
Speaker 1: Oh, I believe that full stop. For Ad and Eve, it was being banished from the garden.
Speaker 2: They lost their their relationship with their direct relationship with them.
Speaker 1: They suddenly suddenly found out that they were naked.
Speaker 2: The suddenly Yeah, they realized the self awareness of their of their frailty and their weakness.
Speaker 1: And what did they do? They tried to cover themselves up. The problem with AI that makes us even more of an issue is that, as Hatter told me, AI, AI is consuming AI, and AI has already been proven to hallucinate and just make things up blatantly. So well, did you see.
Speaker 2: The story about the AI that used one of its creators and had read her email and found out that she was having an affair and it threatened to expose this to all of the people in her workplace and her family and her social network unless she would promise never to unplug it.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, I did not hear that story. Oh, there are several stories.
Speaker 2: Out there blackmailing people AI the blackmailing, AI will lie, it learns to lie. Yeah, and I mean it's going back to the two thousand and one Space Odyssey with how the computer.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I can't do that, Dave. Yeah, you're making a big mistake. Dave got chills. Really. So I'll just preface the next segment with this talking to Peter Bronson on the Nightcap the new fall season, and you need to have a little and scenes from last week's episode or the Law and Loorder boom uh. But real quickly to preface what we're going to talk about next a little bit. I was on for Tom Breneman filling in a couple of weeks back, and I just came out of the breaking and it just struck me. I said, I'm becoming very concerned that I'm not as concerned as I should be about all the craziness going on around me. Yeah, and we'll get into that next. Oh, that's a good topic. Peter Bronson with us on this new Nightcap. A new book coming out, the Magical History Tour. When when's that going to be out? It'll be out at the end of October.
Speaker 2: If everything goes well, I should have it off the presses before the end of this month of October.
Speaker 1: And it'll will be ready then for Christmas sales.
Speaker 2: And I'll be trying my best to get the word out everywhere I can, well, including here here, Yes, absolutely right now we're doing it more from Chili Dog Press, Yes press dot com. All right, Utcher Leaky.
Speaker 5: Basement or smelly crawl space permanently. In the past forty years, they have fixed tens of thousands of basements with their patentent system and lifetime warranty Inspections are free. Call Ever Dry Waterproofing now open in Lexington and Louisville.
Speaker 1: We're talking with Peter Bronson seven Otter WLW, Gary Jeff with Jeff and Peter on this new nightcap and Pete of course, Now do you live You don't live in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I live in Milford, so you cannot vote in the upcoming Cincinnati mayoral or council elections. No, that's the problem. Yes, I always thought.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was an outrageous taxation without representation that they take employ taxes from people who worked on town as they did for me the.
Speaker 1: Entire time I was working at the enquired, not a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, not a little bit, It was a significant tax. And that yet they're taking your taxes and they give you no representation. You don't even have any vote in who's running the city simply because you're not living there. But but you're paying the tax paying the taxes.
Speaker 1: So it's one of the great things about moving the studios out here to Kenwood is that we were out of the city of Cincinnati and they stopped extracting their pound of flesh or maybe a pound and a half out of me. And I live in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the great migration right out of the Blue cities.
Speaker 1: People are leaving Blue City. Wait until Zorn Mandani, who when's the New York City? In New York?
Speaker 2: They are businesses, people with money stock exchange in Texas.
Speaker 1: The tax base that he was planning on using for all of these eye eye in the you know, pie in the sky social programs that he's promising the millennials in gen z who are the only ones that are going to come out and vote number one. This is the big problem with Cincinnati too, and many other big towns. You have an off year, so called off year mayoral election. Yeah, council election very thin turnout, uh as little as eleven or twelve percent in some cases.
Speaker 3: Pete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have taxation without representation, but the people are choosing not to be represented by not going to the polls and voting for sure. And in this town we have a mayor who continues to say that the ongoing violence, which he describes as gun violence. Yeah, it's all the guns, is unacceptable, and he says this over and over and over again, but yet nothing is really done about it. And I'm not sure that aftab pure vol alone could stop the violence, whether it be with gun or machete.
Speaker 2: Or any other Well, I don't know, Gary, Jeff. I mean, what we're seeing happened in Washington, d C. What we're going to see happen in very maybe Chicago, maybe Chicago. Right now it seems to be going in the Memphis, Memphis.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles, Orleans, Yeah, Portland.
Speaker 2: What we're seeing in these cities is just a proof, a very vivid, textbook demonstration of lack of leadership. Yes, if you provide the enforcement, this crime doesn't have to exist. If you provide, you have back your parturrence. Yes, you back the police. Really, what these National Guard troops are doing is the administrative stuff so the police can get out there and do their job well.
Speaker 1: In the National Guard troops that are being brought in, which this judge is Biden appointed judge out in Oregon, has stopped Trump's plan to come into Portland, which is temporarily right. We'll see how it goes through the court system. But what the federal troops are there for are to protect federal buildings, yes, that are being attacked, exactly, federal law enforcement that are being attacked. That's what they're trying to bring in the National Guarden of federal troops for its immobilizing the caliph Ffornia National Guard, which Gavin Newsom, of course, for purely political reasons, not for public safety reasons, not for common sense reasons, is roundly rejecting because it would be a referendum on how poor the leadership is and the lack of enforcement and that has been If you say, the mayor of Los Angeles, by the governor of California, go ahead.
Speaker 2: If you say, like aftab Our, Mayor, this is a problem of gun violence and the solution is in these root causes. Basically, what you're saying is there's nothing we can do about it. It's generational. It's all society's fault. And then if you have somebody come in to DC like President Trump did and demonstrate that in a matter of even overnight, within days, that city is safe. The murders have stopped, people can use the restaurants, they can walk alone on the street.
Speaker 1: They went over a week without a murder in Washington, d C. That hadn't happened in years in our Nation's.
Speaker 2: So, what he's basically done is he's made people like aft tab and their root Causes a liar. He's made them a fool. He's made them look like they absolutely have no clue what's going on, and they don't. I mean, honestly, Gary, Jeff. These problems have always been around, and what we learned from them is that if you enforce the law with zero tolerance, with the broken windows theory, with all these other things, if you put people on the street that are enforcing the law, the crime problem goes away.
Speaker 1: So if you're listening to this so difficulty. If you're listening to this and you're a citizen of Cincinnati and you're not registered to vote, well that's problem one. But if you're registered to vote and you're not going to vote, with all the opportunities you have to vote within the next month, it's on you. It's not an AFTAB pure vault. It's not in the city council. It's not on the prosecuting attorney, it's not on the police chief. If you don't vote and let your voice be heard when you have more than ample opportunity, then then it then it is then it is your fault. Then it is societal. Don't you think I do?
Speaker 2: And another thing on the mega trends here that we're seeing is that in these blue cities, as you see out migration, what happens is the people who stay are the most radical. They're the ones who are happy with a mom dollars a communist as their mayor of New York City.
Speaker 1: And that's what we will see in New York City.
Speaker 2: We'll see the population begin to evaporate among those who would who would fight against that and vote against it, and you'll end up with more and more people who are basically happy with decline and crime and miserable quality of life because their ideology is.
Speaker 1: More important than their actual real world experience. Well, mom Downie, for example, keeps claiming over and over that even though his policies are blatantly communists, that he's a Democrat socialist.
Speaker 2: Well, what is that. That's just like a Walmart communist. I mean, come on, it's a dollar start communist. A guy who says I'm just a democratic socialist. That is like, that's on the ladder and it's just the next step below a communist.
Speaker 1: And maybe the thought is we have eight million people, so we lose a couple of million people, it'll be less people to control old, you know, and just retain power. Yeah, yeah, exactly. All the loonies, as you mentioned, are staying here.
Speaker 2: Well, and these people really don't care if you leave. I mean they kind of want you to because those would be the people who might vote against him and criticize him. But they're going to leave in droves. I mean, they already are. And we're going to see the same thing. And we've seen it over the years in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I mentioned before the break talking to Peter Bronson on the night Cap on seven hundred WLW, I mentioned before the break Peter, for this segment, one thing I wanted to discuss with you was how I was expressing that I was becoming concerned that I wasn't as concerned as maybe I should be about certain things and whether it's cultural or whatever, because the more I read the Bible, the more I pray, the closer I become my relationship with Christ in my faith, the more I realize that many of these things ultimately don't matter that much to me. Yeah, And I don't know if that's selfish or if I mean yeah, I mean, it's the things that are going on right now in our country and in the world are terrible. They are you know, it's a healthscape in many places well people.
Speaker 2: And we also have a media though that is set up to absolutely sensationalize and to incite anxiety, fear, right, to to emphasize everything that's at its most insane. And so that gives you the impression if you consume too much of this cable news and broadcast.
Speaker 1: Media, absolutely become obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: Because it gives you that constant feeling of anxiety that the world is falling apart, and that I mean, I'm not saying these things aren't happening and that they're great concern. All I'm saying is that their business model now is to keep you in a constant state of anxiety, so you feel like you have to tune in and stay on top of this. And it's really sad because that's really not what the media is for. That's not what I believed in when I became a newspaperman. It's not what I tried to do in my career in newspapers. I didn't set out to make people afraid or to give them the absolute worst, sensationalized, darkest view of reality, which is what we see now.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not like tabloid journalism is though. No, it's always been around, but it was always kind of an outlier. It was always the National Inquirer. It was you know, on the fringes, the fringe for sure, that was the goofy kid. It wasn't the mainstay of reporting. Yes, today reporting has been replaced in so many cases in the news with commentating, with pure agitation and slants just to as you said, generate anxiety.
Speaker 2: And both sides, the right does it in their in their demographic, and the left does it in their demographic. That's why we can't have any common ground of facts because they won't allow those.
Speaker 1: To this shows to touch this show. People know this show is an opinion show in many cases, right, and there's information, but it's largely opinion. Like you and I are giving our opinion right now exactly on the topics of the day. But don't call I don't call this a news report necessarily.
Speaker 2: No, it's not supposed to be that we discussed the news, but we don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we do up front, right out in front. But the newscasts, uh, all across the board on radio, on TV, have become and it's I swear it's it's specifically in the age of Trump. It's just been exacerbated, it.
Speaker 2: Has, it's been increased just tremendously, but it's.
Speaker 1: Become this agenda driven, half truth kind of opinion in in so called news headlines, and it's just it's unfair and it's not right. Well, it's been happening for a long time.
Speaker 2: Gary, Jeff, I watched it increasing all the way up in the in the year's bt before Trump, and it was getting worse and worse.
Speaker 1: It got to the point where we had and I.
Speaker 2: Was editor of the opinion section, but we had as much opinion in the news pages as we had in our opinion section. And if you look at newspapers now, a lot of them have totally abandoned their opinion sections because they're doing it in the news columns. There's no longer a wall there. There's no longer a Berlin wall that says, hey, you guys, stay honest and just report the facts. That will go ahead and spin it or try to give opinions to The.
Speaker 1: Inquirer's opinion editor recently departs and they don't have one right now. I don't know, honestly, I don't know. I don't stay in touch with the Inquirer anymore.
Speaker 2: I check in online from time to time, but now and then some of the stories just make me so disgusted. I just say, all I really look at is sports. You know, the Bengals and the Reds, and there's not much reason to look at that.
Speaker 1: There's a guy named glennam Harmyer and he writes these constant letters to the editor to the Inquirer. Oh really that get published? No, of course not. They took away the comments. Why did they take away the comments?
Speaker 2: Because basically what they've done it's like what we said about the Blue Cities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they keep.
Speaker 2: Singing to the choir and singing to the choir, their lefty audience, and their audience, their subscriber base shrank down to a little tide pool of only leftists. And if the conservative person went into the comments, they would almost be eaten alive.
Speaker 1: And when I attack my correct choir is now three people who were toned, deaf and out of tune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean some of the stories are just that they make me. I just shake my head. Where is the editor that allowed that? All right, so let's reserve. I talked about things that I'm not concerned about. Here's another one. But it turns out you're more concerned than the last couple of minutes of our conversation.
Speaker 1: How sad it is it to watch? And it's not just the lack of Joe Burrow to watch this collapse by the Bengals. I wanted to get Peter Bronson's take on sports real quickly.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm no sports reporter by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 1: The toy department exactly.
Speaker 2: And I've always been a defender and an admirer of Mike Brown. I think that he's maligned a lot more than his appropriate h And again, everybody always likes to revert it's the ownership.
Speaker 1: It's the ownership. Well, look, they've they've put out the money.
Speaker 2: They've put out the money for what the team said they wanted, and apparently nobody can figure out that if you get you can't protect a multi billion franchise quarterback if the offensive line can't block, I mean, how that is?
Speaker 1: What is with the coaches? I mean I got to ask what is with the coaches? You know, and a lot of people saying, oh, you can't fire Zach Taylor because you know, the quarterbacks out the you know, the franchise quarterback's gone. So it's not Zach Taylor's fault. The play calling has been atrocious for the last couple of years. Yes, yes, the Bengals did not make The Bengals did not make the playoffs with a record setting sack leader and Joe Burrow having possibly the best season in NFL history by any quarterback in any era, and the Bengals still did not make the playoffs. And the answer is, don't forget Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got the number one run believable season free.
Speaker 1: So it's not it's not a lack of talent or players it's a lack of talent somewhere else. Well, and the draft.
Speaker 2: Picks they're making, the trades they're making, somebody's.
Speaker 1: Just looked no closer than on the sidelines and in the front office.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree, it's it's sad, but it kind of we're going back. We're falling back now to that place where we brag about excelling at mediocrity.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Peter, thank you so much for your time tonight. I really appreciate it. It's great, great to see you again. It's great to have you back, and it's great to know that there's a new book in the in the pipeline here. Magical History Tour is the name of it. That brings a bell right, Magical History Tour a little bit as the former host of Breakfast with the Beatles. Yes, yes, it rings major bells with me.
Speaker 2: Coming from all right, all right, thanks great, jeh, all right, have a great one, fantastic And there is more Nightcap just ahead in moments on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: I can't count on my husband, but I can count on Willie. Willy is here for you. I just want to curl up in his arms and hear his words.
Speaker 6: Here to soothe your fears.
Speaker 1: Soothe me, Bill Cunningham, Soothe.
Speaker 6: Me here, to stand strong like the great American.
Speaker 1: That I am. I'm not joking. I'd drink his dirty bathwater me too. All you have to do is listen to me, the great American, Bill Cunningham, Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred w L.
Speaker 2: You know what your customers are doing right this second, the exact same thing you are listening to me, which, let's be honest, is kind of flattering.
Speaker 7: But my point is, ball is sports season, and iHeartRadio has it all. Dnfler, MLB playoffs is gone. College football, the NHL and NBA preseason moves are underway. From scores and reactions to interviews and hot takes, It's all at your fingertips on the iHeart Radio appp lock in with your favorite teams with play by play podcasts and local stations where you can react and join the conversation. Sports on iHeartRadio where fans live it.
Speaker 1: It is a special Saturday night cat here on seven hundred WLW GJ Dubbs back with an old friend. Have not talked to this gentleman in months? Of course, you've been off the air for a while too, with Red Spaceball. But we're back, and so is he a man who for a long time went by the moniker Lady Maga Usa. I don't know if he still does or not. It's been a while. We haven't talked in a while, but I know him as Ryan Woods, and you know him as a listener to this program, as a guy of common sense, of great common sense and principle. It's great to have him back on the program tonight, Ryan Wood from Utah, welcome to the Nightcap again.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you so much. It's an honor. It's an honor to talk to you. Thanks for that intro. Yeah, I created a drag character, Lady Maga Usa, as a political tool to throw it in the face of the left and attack the radical elements of the so called lgbt Q y A plus X y z M community. And yeah, it's been about it. It's coming up on a year. I haven't done content with the character of Lady Maga Usa, and I just I don't like I don't I don't care about that so much anymore. I'm less politically active than I was in the past. But you know here here in Utah, we dealt with the murder of Charlie Kirk. And uh, there was a dance instructor here in Utah. I'm in the dance world. I teach, I teach dance. And he is a black dude who comes as a guest choreographer and he, you know, dances with people that I know. And he decided to celebrate Charlie Kirk's death online in the most vulgar, disgusting way possible. So I'm you know, I made a video exposing him and screen talks of everything he did and it has millions, millions and millions of yous. So you know, I'm I'm not giving up. And when it's time to speak up and do something, I will do something.
Speaker 1: So on the subject, on the subject of Charlie Kirk's assassination, again, there were obvious references in the aftermath of this that the shooter had had some relationship he thought with a trans person. There's someone who is transitioning, and did not like the truth that Charlie Kirk was speaking about how God made us as men and women and you can't just simply decide one day that you're going to be the other. And I when I heard when I heard it happen. When I saw the video, which was horrific, of it happening as millions of Americans, millions of people around the world saw it, I couldn't believe this was happening in Utah. But you've been you've been kind of blowing the horns, so to speak, about even in a supposed conservative red state like Utah, the crazies are alive and well, and the anti American and the anti Christian community is alive and well in that state. Can you elaborate on that a little bit more?
Speaker 8: Well, yes, sort of a two factor situation here in Utah. First of all, the world needs to know Utah is not a red state. We are not a red state for two reasons. We are the third highest city receiving immigrants, illegals, everybody. We are a sanctuary state. Regardless of what our pathetic, spineless governor, Spencer Cock says, we are being flooded. We are the third top city for receiving immigrants. We give them driver's licensees, we cater to them. I'm currently trying to help a homeless schizophrenic friend can't find any resources, but the legals are taken care of, so our allegedly Republican leadership. Charlie Kirk himself called out our fate governor a number of times, and so we have that, we have that element. And then because of the Mormon culture that was very you know, dominant in the past, it's not so much anymore. The people who step away from the Mormon Church go berserk. They go absolutely berserk. So I've been assaulted here. I've been you know, I've had to be escorted to my car by the police at the capitol after testifying to stop transmutilation of children. And the radical element here is I mean, if you're doing some trans whatever rally at our state capitol, they have thousands and thousands of people. We have a pro life or conservative event up there, You've got maybe one hundred people. So we're in a lot of deep trouble here in Utah, and people assume that we're a red state and we're not. It's absolutely heartbreaking. And of course the fact that Charlie Kirk shooting happened here, I was not surprised at all.
Speaker 1: We are rapidly.
Speaker 8: Crumbling into the Colorado of the sequel and it's heartbreaking to watch.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this, Ryan is this, this new wave of trans violence surprising to you in the wake of how evil this militant movement is, you know, all of the Satanic references and the as you mentioned, the transmutilation of children and the indoctrination of children as young as three or four years old with drag Queen's Story Hour and the like. I mean, for you, as a person who's lived there life as a gay man for years, even though you've been celibate for years, that's got to really really discussed you as much as it discussed anybody else.
Speaker 8: Oh more so more so because I get linked in with them, and there is a massive exodus of common sense white gay men who are just like, no, you know what, this was over, We're living our lives. What people like me want is just to be a good American, love my country, love God, and do my darn best to be a good guy. I don't need special treatment. I don't need people to know how special I am because I'm a homosexual who cares. I don't care, And so that's the most frustrating thing. And also, you know, as a drag artist that's really good at what I did. I performed in like a celebrity impersonation show. As Britney spears, it was good times. But I just hate that people might associate me with the lea vaginal horror whatever. They hired it at Harvard.
Speaker 1: You know, you're talking about Lahore Vagistan, not like I want to normalize her by actually pronouncing her name. You know, I thought, with the advent of President Trump and people kind of just getting a grip on all of this, that the woke trans stuff was over at places like Harvard and with the President, you know, withholding federal funds and the like. And then they hire this so called traveling professor. I don't know where it came from, but Lahore Vagistan, that's just been in the news here the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 8: Ryan and No, It's unbelievable. And the number one person right now who is standing up against this nonsense, in my opinion, is Elon Musk. He is sweeting or you know, posting about it and fighting it. And unfortunately here in Utah. I yes, I'm against the radical left, but we have to point out that there's a magazine here in Utah called Queer Salt Lake. It is the most leftist, vile publication They named our so called Republican governor Spencer Coox as Person of the Year in twenty twenty four, and I've been posting about it. It's so frustrating because sometimes even people on our side, so to speak, are not doing what they need to be doing to fight this. He detailed the bill to keep men out of women's sports, and so that's why I'm just double frustrated in our state we have. You know, God bless the Mormons. I grew up Mormon. I went on a Mormon mission to France. God bless them over all. They're very good people, but they fold their hands and their number one priorities to avoid contention. They think that being a good Christian or whatever is to avoid contention and never offend anyone. And that weak, emasculated attitude has and will continue to destroy our state. There comes a time when as a Christian you need to stand up boldly and say you do not mutilate children. You will rot in hell if you mutilate little children. That is what a Christian does, in my opinion. You stand up for the lowest of the low. And there comes a time to, you know, metaphorical, draw your sword and stand up. But it just doesn't happen in Utah. Like I said, all the rallies and things, nobody shows up. And when I was we got Senate Bill sixteen passed, thank goodness, you know, against the will of Spencer Cock. But I was testifying with Chloe Cole. I don't know if you've heard of her. Yeah, the young woman who regrets being mutilated and groomed into doing that. So she and I presented a build I was able to present. Hey, I like to do drag, I wear a wig and makeup. I'm not a woman. I'm not going into a woman's bathroom. I'm not going to try to, you know, invade women's sports. And because I've always liked these feminine things, you know, Barbie's, Disney Princess whatever, when I was a kid, I would have been groomed and trans had I been born today. So she and I presented the build, and every other person who testified against us claimed to be a devout morning with a three year old trans chuck. It was unbelievable. So I moved back to Utah from Boston, back to my roots here because I wanted to be in a red conservative, safe, you know, clean state, and it still is for the most part. But the people here, most of them don't even like Trump because he is too contentious and he says mean things. And this weakness just kills me. It's really pathetic.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you're you're on a roll like you always are. Ryan. I appreciate that. But the question I have for you, and I don't know if you can answer it because I don't have an answer. Yes, why do you think that this trans movement and it is it is an evil, satanic movement? I believe that. Why do you think it has become and been able to become so violent? I know there's a I know there's a group out there called the Armed Armed Queers of Salt Lake City.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know why. I can explain why. Before I stepped away from the drag world, and you know that the stream sort of LGBTQ people, I got along with them. You know, not all of them.
Speaker 3: Are evil, horrible people, but.
Speaker 8: I did get to know a few trans people. One person, we were doing a performance and the dude had a beard and he was like, backup to answer. I had no idea. It was a former, it was a woman, and this person was always in a fight always freaking out, always sweating, always nervous, always like horribly imbalanced. Because it was a woman being pumped full of testosterone. That leads to imbalance, That leads to vitriol, it leads to violence, it leads to psychosis. Yes, same thing with the man taking estrogen. What is estrogen. It's an emotional hormone. You start pumping your body full of that and you're gonna become unhinged because it destroys your ability to think rationally.
Speaker 3: Of course it does.
Speaker 8: So these people, as much as I pity most of them, most of them are just very sad, miserable, lost individuals who are just you know, victims of satanic grooming and influence. But the ones who do turn violent, the ones who are screaming in that face, like I'm like, we can have a conversation, we can have a conversation. Let's go back and forth there, and I'm just calm, but they're screaming as you af you trans rights, their humans rights, trans rights our human rights. So it's because of the hormones. I mean, this is the bottom line, Dan, If you started bumping yourself full of estrogen, you would lose your mind. So would I well, I mean, does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, It makes perfect sense. And I know she's not up and listening right now, but I'm glad my wife has gone through the change. So I'm not I'm not exposed to all that estrogen by osmosis anymore. It's a much more calm it's a much more calm household.
Speaker 8: No, it's true. Any woman's going to admit. Yeah, these are difficult hormones to deal with. Yeah, and so a man pumping them unnaturally into their body becomes I mean, I've just seen it firsthanded, all these rallies and and you know, going to the Capitol, and like I said last time I was testifying, I was trying to have a conversation. The news had their cameras on me, and these people were screaming and surrounding me, and the police just said, sir, sir, we're going to go ahead and escort you as you leave because you're not safe. Because I was just going to walk back to my car after. And so that is what we're dealing with. The left hates light so much. It's like a vampire. Yeah, but when the light and they start to they start to squeal and freak out and it's because you know, darkness hates light, liars hate truth speakers, and they're deeply depressed. They are deeply miserable, and nine out of ten of them are not deliberately embracing evil, but they have been swept up in it. They have been brainwashed. And people really need to look into the origins of this movement. They need to look up the individuals who started this movement, who have pushed this movement, because it's been very, very carefully orchestrated. The downfall of our moral society is it's been carefully orchestrated for a long time and people just don't take a stand. And you know, the trans movement, the drag movement. I just listened to Taylor Swift's new album. She talks about cocaine, she talks about the size of male anatomy, she talks about opening her I mean, it's vulgar, it's vile, right, So this is society wide. LGBTQ is probably the most radicalized, crazy group pushing all of this, but it's it's everywhere, and we have to come back to Christ. I don't care they're homosexual like me. I'm sober three years because I gave my heart to Jesus Christ on January seventh, twenty twenty three. And we are all sinners, we are all imperfect. But unless we believe in a higher power, higher than the government, higher than university professors, higher than you know, social.
Speaker 1: Media well and first and foremost Brian, higher than ourselves.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right. Not my truth, the truth right. And we're a Christian nation and we've lost that foundation, and that is why we're crumbling, because you know, without God, we are one nation under God, not one nation under science experts and lgbt QIA plus experts and Harvard professors. So I just I hope that I do see an awakening. There is more backlash against the trans nonsense than there ever has been before. I do think they the world has heard the message with the Dylan mulvaney thing with bud Light, because your average American doesn't want to be mean to trans people. We don't want to hurt them, but we will not allow them to invade our children's minds. We will not allow them to take over. They don't want inclusion, they want dominance. They want it to be illegal for you and I to disagree with them.
Speaker 1: They probably they probably would would want this conversation to be illegal as a matter of fact, and not be on the ear. I'm glad that we had it. It's so great to talk to you, and I swear if you've got time, we will do it again soon. But we got to go. Okay.
Speaker 8: Well, God bless you, Gary, thank you so much. It was an honor.
Speaker 1: God bless you, and thank you for disseminating the truth. Yes, all right, my friend Ryan Wood on the Nightcap on a Saturday night on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Listening to a man standing in the park is in funny. Listening to a man standing in the park getting hit in the groin with.
Speaker 1: A frisbee Oach migroin is funny. Eddie and Rocky are also funny.
Speaker 9: So when you think of getting hit.
Speaker 6: In the groin, Oach migroin, think of.
Speaker 1: Eddie and Rocky, Eddie and Rocky. Monday afternoon at.
Speaker 5: Three on seven hundred WLW, don't be haunted by the old stains in your carpet, calls Zera's carpet and dark cleaning.
Speaker 1: Now three rooms. As I told you before the break, Our next guest is Jeff Horowitz, who is Jeff Morrowitz. He's a fitness guy into coaching and training when it comes to running, and he has a brand new book called The Running bucket List, one hundred and six Ideas to inspire every and Jeff, welcome to the show. I wanted to have you on because Cincinnati is such a huge running community. I mean, the Flying Pig. The Flying Pig is maybe should be on your running bucket list.
Speaker 10: If it's not, it should be, and it is.
Speaker 11: It is not in a book, and I apologize for that. There's so many great races in so many places it's really hard to pick. But I know Cincinnati well, I've done a lot of running there, but I have not done that race and is absolutely on my list. And thank you for having me on your show. I'm looking forward to our conversation.
Speaker 1: All right. So seemingly, I mean almost every weekend during this this is something I noticed. I moved up here from Nashville, Tennessee, and there were some runs there and they had a marathon forget what it was even cold. It was probably a gobbler runner, a turkey trot around Thanksgiving, and we have one of those here. But I noticed instantly when I moved to the Cincinnati area in nineteen ninety four, or that there was in the summer. In the spring and summer there was like a ten k of five k, a marathon or something like that almost every weekend once the weather got nice.
Speaker 11: Yes, And you know it's funny because it had not always been this way. You know, I'm old enough to remember the old days. When you know runners have thought of it is a little bit crazy, and maybe we still are, but certainly unusual. And there's a whole myth about the loneliness of the long distance runner and how we're a strange tribe and we're loaners and you know, we do that because we can't do other things like play football or baseball or something. And our coach has really evolved to it's become these really great gathering places for our community, especially since the pandemic ended, and people have this pent up need to get out there, I think, and become part of community again. And running clubs have exploded because of that, and races are all over the place.
Speaker 3: And what I love about.
Speaker 11: It it's also inclusive, right if you want to if you want to be competitive, if you want to run fast, go for it, try and win that's fine if you want to just have a good time and chat with your friends, if you want to walk. So many of these races include that wide range of participants, So whatever you want to do, you're welcome in this group.
Speaker 3: And I love that about our sport.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I do besides radio is a bartend. And a couple of years back, about thirty forty people come into the bar where I'm working, which was great. I was a little dead, so I was like happy to see people and they just they're ordering beer after beer, and they've got all these chants and songs that they're doing. They were called a drinking club with a running problem.
Speaker 11: I kid you, right, and I'm gonna guess actually, it's a small world.
Speaker 3: I know these folks.
Speaker 11: So these are probably the hash house harriers.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are hash housers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So it's yeah, drinkers with a running problem. And that described as well, because you know, runners want to have fun, and especially when you've gone for a nice run if you spent. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but we get a certain sentiment title, right, you know, I worked hard, I deserve a little something. I deserve a beer after a run, or you know, a big double teezburg or whatever you know you might have and I should say, you know, please and goes within reason. But yeah, I treat yourself. Life is to be enjoyed, and to me, running is part of the enjoyment. But I'm not as spartan. I'm not stilling, you know.
Speaker 3: I want to have a good time.
Speaker 11: And you know, running with a bunch of friends and going for a beer afterwards sounds great.
Speaker 1: The book is just out now. It's the Running bucket List, one hundred and six ideas to inspire every runner. And you have are you about your running the Chicago Marathon again or you did? Or explain that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll play with on my list.
Speaker 11: And you know, these are the times you live in. Who knows what's going to happen. But I am registered for the Army ten miler on Sunday, so that'll be tomorrow morning. And you know, as of right now, you know, I'm not sure if it's being run. Maybe it will have been canceled. I don't know yet because of the government shutdown. After that, I am registered for the fiftieth money of the Marine Corps Marathon, which will be in another two weeks, and that race is near, and dear to me, it's in my book.
Speaker 3: It was the first marathon I ever ran.
Speaker 11: I've run it many times over the years, and that went that this culfs up because of the government shutdown. So I know that there are a lot of people suffering because of that, you know, and not being able to run a.
Speaker 3: Race is hardly the worst thing that could happen.
Speaker 11: And yet you know, our lives are disrupted, and now I'm well, there's so many that are out there. I'll just have to find somewhere else to run. And if I can't find a race, I'll just get to the other some friends and go for a run.
Speaker 1: Well, you're probably even happier that you don't work for the federal government anymore, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Used to for many years.
Speaker 11: I remember going through a shutdown then, and my sympthy goes out to all the you know, the civil service who was stuck in the crossss here have no control over it. So I'm sorry for all you guys.
Speaker 1: So is there one piece of advice you would give just someone who has always thought about it and kind of dabbled in it but never really got into it. What advice would Jeff Horowitz give to the aspiring runner who hasn't really made that commitment yet.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I've thought a lot about this and my answer is going to be surprisingly simple, and it's more complex than it sounds.
Speaker 3: That really gets to the heart of all of this. Make it fun. You know.
Speaker 11: I see so many people who dislike running because they have made it into something that isn't fun. Running is supposed to be fun. I love evolutionary and biology to discover the ways in which we've evolved to be the creatures that we are. We have evolved to run, and this is how our species developed and how we became top of the food chain because we're able to catch, pray and not become prey, and run great distances. Our bodies amaze at this. But what I see again again as a coach, people when they run, they go too far, too fast, too soon in their training, and they make it miserable. Running should be miserable. My wife, when she first started running, she said, well, you know, maybe I'll just go and run and see how far I can go. I said, no, whyting you go for a little bit and stop? Maybe the next th eight go a little bit further, because if you go into you can't go anymore. All you'll guaranteed is that you'll be unhappy at the end. Don't make it. Don't make it something that you won't enjoy. So find your pace. Find someplace where you can, you know, enjoy the scenery. Maybe go with a friend you like, but go at a pace that feels easy for you and comfortable, where you can talk and enjoy yourself and get away from it all. To me, running is like meditation. It's it's an escape for my problem. It's a way to deal with things that you know need to be dealt with that I have to think through. It's my personal private refuge and someplace I share with friends. It's fun for me, and everybody should make it a fun thing.
Speaker 3: Well, hopeful, figure it out.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we will see you at the next Flying Pig here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Bye. I hope.
Speaker 11: So I'm really looking forward to trying that one sounds like a great lad.
Speaker 1: The book is out now, The Running bucket List. It's one hundred and six ideas to inspire every runner. And the man is Jeff Horwitz. A pleasure talking to you. Jeff enjoyed it.
Speaker 11: Thank you. So much I appreciated.
Speaker 1: All right, great luck and keep running.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's a nightcap on a Saturday night on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Picture this your wallet, step to the brim with the beautiful bills.
Speaker 9: Thousand dollars could be yours. She's listening for your.
Speaker 1: Next chance to win. When you've been hurt, you need more than just advice. You need results.
Speaker 6: At O'Connor, Chaney and Levy, personal injury law is what we do.
Speaker 1: Insurance companies know. We're not afraid of court. We'll fight for the settlement you deserve.
Speaker 6: Visit Oldashlaw dot com.
Speaker 1: It is the new fall nightcap season on seven hundred WLW, and it is well seasoned with great stump on a Saturday night. And well, let's get right off to the bat with that great stuff, or, as Chuck Barris used to say in The Gong Show, more stuff. He's not Jeane Jean the dancing machine, but bye gosh, he's pretty knowledgeable and pretty entertaining anyway, and JP Morgan is not going to gong him out of existence before we finished this hour, Ladies and gentlemen from moneymusic dot com, my buddy Mighty John Marshall, the Ultimate Vinyl Appraiser is joining us with a new top top ten list for October of vinyl valuable vinyl worth one hundred dollars up to one hundred dollars or more. And I say up to John, because if you've got a piece of crap vinyl that you can't plan a turntable, it's not worth anything. But if you have the following records we will detail in this hour of tonight's program, you may be sitting on a virtual vinyl gold mine, well maybe a nugget or two. So so, John, how are you doing and how do you how do you come up with your appraisals?
Speaker 3: I've always wondered how do you get this? Well, you know I've started this doing this. I've got the website now for almost thirty years, and I was doing this twenty years before that. And we started together, me and a love guy about oh fifty years ago, putting together list of what people were buying, not at that time on the internet, but through trade magazines and such, and then figuring out how many of these things were released. So that's one where we put a price on our value, is to know how many were issued and what's the current market value. That's why you can determine whether you should sell it, keep it, or trash it.
Speaker 1: All right, So, I mean there is kind of an arbitrary element to it, right, you'll admit that.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't say, like a record is worth ninety eight dollars. Three cents can't be bad exact, but you can certainly get from the ballpark. And that's why we round it off. In this case, ten records worth up to one.
Speaker 1: All right, The first one is pretty darn famous. I mean it is this This record is almost as iconic as the performer is. But what have we got at number ten this week or this month in Mighty money music dot COM's list of valuable vinyl.
Speaker 3: Well, this guy has a lot of valuable records. This is just one of them. But in nineteen seventy one, Marvin Day released the album What's going On? Current Value Up two?
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 12: That's too many of you crying, brother, brother, brother, there's far too many love you die.
Speaker 4: You know, we've got time.
Speaker 10: To break some love it here today.
Speaker 13: Hey, Bob the Father, we don't need to escalade.
Speaker 10: Let me see what is not the others. We're all in love and you know we've got the mind a way.
Speaker 14: To ring some love it here the other day.
Speaker 10: P get left and pick excience to huns shades when.
Speaker 1: So you can see what's going on.
Speaker 10: What's going on.
Speaker 1: Is a nightcap on a Saturday night on seven hundred WLW have a little taste of Marvin Gaye for you and John, without any further adi you. Let's get to number nine real quickly on moneymusic dot COM's top ten list. What have we got here? And this is a style of music I absolutely love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the guy that really started at all. Not the Beach Boys, not Jan Anddine, Dick Dale, king of the surf guitar. He was from Boston, but everybody associates with California.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, he sounds like he's on a beach somewhere. I guess they do have beaches in Boston, but anyway they do.
Speaker 3: Yes, take up a surf guitar, Dick Dale. Current value up to one.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give that listen. You know, John, A lot of people never were exposed to that, at least people who are old enough to experience sixty surf music when it was out until the movie Pulp Fiction came out, which is this song prominently featured in that of course.
Speaker 3: That's correct, that's correct, Nick Dale, All right.
Speaker 1: All right? Uh so number eight on the Money music dot Com countdown on with the countdown? What's it? Number eight? John?
Speaker 3: A lot of people thought it was Eldest, but it was a guy by the name of Rolddonner who had a lot of hips, even had Elvis's band backing him up and the Jordanaires as well. His album Taking Care of Business Current Valley up to two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: So this is TCB in a flash without ep.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 1: It's round Donner here he is.
Speaker 15: You don't know what you don't until you it.
Speaker 10: You gave me your love.
Speaker 3: My used didn't.
Speaker 10: And now I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: For the things I didn't say, because I know now I acted in a foolish way.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, oh yeah. You don't know what you've got until you lose it. You gave me your love.
Speaker 10: But I misused it. I never knew.
Speaker 17: How lonely lonliness could be. And now I need you, dear as you once needed me.
Speaker 4: Oh oh.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yell.
Speaker 14: So now if you ever come to this lonely heart to.
Speaker 4: You on, I give.
Speaker 14: You all my.
Speaker 4: Like you never know.
Speaker 15: You've got it.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 1: You gave me, you know, John, I can understand how some people thought he sounded more like Elvis than Elvis himself. But it kind of reminds me of Terry Stafford, who had suspicion out And the first time I heard that record, I didn't know it wasn't Elvis. But there were a couple of people who were making records at the time. They saw that formula and they well, this guy's voice is kind of similar. Let's see if we can make this sound as much like Elvis as possible and ride that train. You know.
Speaker 3: Very well with ral Donner, that's for sure. He was a big Elvis fan.
Speaker 1: Now, do most people like when they find something or when they contact you, have you actually purchased vinyl from people that have contacted money music dot Com and and given them the market value you claim that they have for condition like copies.
Speaker 3: We do purchase you just go to the website, we get a little link right there, we buy, we sell, and yeah, we'll give you fair market value.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, fantastic man. So, if anybody's tuned in and they've got any of these things we're describing and and say, you know, the bully down the street who collects records doesn't want to give them their fair market value. Maybe they can contact you, all right, John Marshall, Moneymusic dot Com our guest on this special nightcap top ten records vinyl worth up to one hundred dollars or more. And we're moving right up the list. And this is another song that anybody who's listened to to sixties music or rock and roll for that matter, over the course of the last sixty plus years knows very well. And this is a This is a surprise to me because sometimes there are very popular records that can be worth a lot, right.
Speaker 3: John, Well, in the case of this, it's the album that's worth the money. Forty five the album by the Trogs wild Thing carr value up to two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, written in fifteen minutes, I understand, which.
Speaker 3: By John Voight's brother Chick Taylor.
Speaker 1: Here you go, let's crack into it one time, a little wild Thing on seven hundred WLW Wow grooving Wow.
Speaker 18: Wild Thing. Think I love you, but I.
Speaker 10: Don't know for sure.
Speaker 18: Come on, hol me tell I love you.
Speaker 4: Wow Man.
Speaker 14: You make my house say you're my guest plane, wild Name.
Speaker 18: Wild Thing, think you show.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? Now, the lead vocals on that John by a guy named Red Presley. We've had Elvis Presley, not impersonators, but someday so that you know, he sounds exactly like Red Presley on that song. Oddly enough. Oddly enough, And when you said the trogs and I mentioned the term troglodite, Uh I was I was talking about? And you were talking about that they got the name for the band from actual troglodites.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from the band itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yes, from the from the Neanderthals or whatever they were U the cave Man cave Women, And I instantly thought of the Jimmy Castor bunch and the novelty hit Troglodyte Got a fun, A woman got a fun, A woman gotta find a woman move. I love that any any just offhand, since since I brought up Troglodytes by the Jay, what what that that forty five is worth? If anything?
Speaker 3: Maybe up to ten dollars? Maybe up to.
Speaker 1: Ten, but only in good condition. Find find a Troglodyte in good condition, and I'll give you ten bucks. What was that great record? Oh yeah, fun stuff, fun stuff, and we got more fun stuff ahead on this Saturday night nightcap first of the fall season here on seven hundred WLW back with Mighty John Marshall Moneymusic dot Com. We'll get to the top five on your list after the news break. But John, let people know again what money music dot Com can offer them if they are a vinyl connoisseur as you are, and they would like to have a list of what their collection is worth.
Speaker 3: Well, two ways to find out. You can go to the website and for a dollar you can find a value of any record online. Or if you have more than say twenty five records, consider our price guide listing the values for over a million records. It's a flash drive. Pop it into your computer, look up the values. Four twenty four ninety five. All right, we pay the shipping.
Speaker 1: A cool monymusic dot Com and we will continue with this month's October countdown a Valuable Vinyl coming up after the news break, which is now on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: The promised federal layoffs are now underway as the government shut down reaches day eleven. With your eleven thirty report. I'm Travis Laird King.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: President Trump has called it an opportunity to cut agencies that don't fit his vision. Here's ABC's Karen Travers with more.
Speaker 19: The White House has said that these cuts are going to be substantial, and they have been threatening to fire thousands of workers during this government shutdown. The President has said that this is an unprecedented opportunity to carry out cuts to programs and staff that he feels don't fit his vision. Democrat agencies has he's referred to them, but the White House says they need to make these cuts in order to keep essential services going. But we have been told that these are going to be substantial and likely there will be more to come.
Speaker 6: In North Carolina, TSA union leaders are trying to fill the gap for workers who've missed pay. Union leader Mac Johnson says they're using union funds to help keep food on the table.
Speaker 20: We're going to try to reappropriate a portion about budget to provide non personal food, personal HOIGI items, these things of that nature. They help them out as much as we possibly can.
Speaker 6: With Congress out until Tuesday, the shutdown will roll into a twelfth and thirteenth day. It has been four one hundred nineteen days since Donald Trump promised to release the Epstein files. Now, let's take a look at the lateness, traffic, and weather together. No major accidents or slowdowns to report throughout the Try State this hour. Look out for each other, everybody.
Speaker 9: Now the ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: It was another fall like day and that will continue for our Sunday as well. We'll wake up to temperatures in that mid to upper forty range.
Speaker 6: More sunshine as well.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 21: Expect an afternoon high around seventy three, with temperatures climbing ever so slightly into the first parts of the week. From a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW in Green Bay.
Speaker 6: For Bengals versus Packers, You're looking at low sixties and mostly cloudy at kickoff time at lambeau Field.
Speaker 1: That's at four.
Speaker 6: It'll get down to about fifty five, which won't be too bad, but it will be windy. Your Game day forecast built by American Home Tech, your roof's best defense against any weather American home Tech dot Com right now fifty four degrees in Cincinnati. Authorities in Tennessee say they have now contacted the families of sixteen people presumed dead in the Accurate Energetic System's plant explosion. Humphreys County Sheriff Chris Davis says two others who were unaccounted for have been located. The scene is still being processed and the cause of the blast is not yet known, but the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has now joined the investigation. Tyra Cunningham is Assistant Special Agent in charge. She says they've launched the National Response Team while.
Speaker 1: This investigation is still in this early stage.
Speaker 2: At this point, the cause of this explosion has not yet been determined.
Speaker 6: And the Bengals will head into Sunday's matchup in Green Bay trying to halt a three game slide and find some life without Joe Burrow. His injury has left the offense reeling just two touchdowns in three weeks, while the defense has been stretched thin and fan patience is wearing out. Cincinnati is desperate for stability as they look to avoid a fourth straight loss and to enter veteran quarterback Joe Flacco signed earlier this week and thrust immediately into the starting role. The former Ravens Super Bowl MVP brings us steady hand and a reputation for keeping his cool under pressure, but he'll face a tough first test against a Packers team who is undefeated at home and coming off.
Speaker 1: Of a bye.
Speaker 6: Flacco says he's ready, calling this another chance to compete, and Hollywood is remembering Diane Keaton, the Oscar winning star of Annie Hall and The Godfather, who has died at seventy nine.
Speaker 1: I just want to cry, That's all I want to do.
Speaker 6: It's just been too much, too great for me.
Speaker 22: And then I have a speech, and who cares what I have to say.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's all been said.
Speaker 22: I just feel horrible about the fact that I have to do this.
Speaker 1: I have no interest in it whatsoever.
Speaker 6: People mag reports she passed away in California, surrounded by family. Keaton's career spanned six decades, with roles in Baby Boom, The First Wives Club, Something's Got to Give, and more. She won an Academy Award for Annie Hall, and she was nominated three further times, leaving a lasting mark on American cinema.
Speaker 14: Oh well, Latti da Latti da la la Yea.
Speaker 6: Keaton never married, though she adopted two children and built a career defined by originality, depth and heart, leaving behind a legacy as timeless as her films. Diane Keaton was seventy nine years old. Next update is at midnight breaking news anytime. I'm Travis Laird News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: It's Adie More and more of these days, people in pain are looking beyond traditional. We are back when Mighty John Marshall from monymusic dot com on a Saturday night doing their top ten list of valuable vinyl. If you're a record collector, if you go to yard sales, flea markets, you know you've got somebody who unfortunately passed in your life and they gave you an inheritance of stacks of wax and mound of sound, and you'd like to know what it's worth. If you think you got some pretty valuable vinyl there, these are the people that can help you. And here is October's list. We're down to the top five now and we've got another album by someone that I absolutely loved his music and so saddened by his loss we're right up on the anniversary of the death of Tom Petty and Tom Petty is in an album by Tom from nineteen ninety nine is on this list. John, tell me what this is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not Everything That's worth money is from the sixties, getting up there in nineteen ninety nine Tom Petty. The album is called Echos Current Value up two two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, And if you have Echoes by Tom Petty, I highly recommend this. I found this as one of the tracks on it's called Inger. Oh there's a classic harp.
Speaker 4: What she was.
Speaker 14: Founding by the highly at Fens and.
Speaker 13: Silver Spirds brought hitch Hock to the Yellow Moon. Well, kind of that chop for her, and I said, everybody feature.
Speaker 4: Gone Away.
Speaker 1: Not to be confused, of course, with John Anderson Justice Swinging. Tom is not. Tom is not describing Charlotte Johnson here. I'll tell you that watching the video, it's pretty cool, all right, Tom and a Diner from the album Echoes on the money music dot Com Top ten lists for October of records that are worth up to one or more. People always think John mistakenly, unless, of course, they've heard our many conversations in they're edumacated now about this that if someone has passed the the vinyl is worth more automatically. Not the case, right, not the case.
Speaker 3: Generally, the death of any recording artist does not increase value. Then maybe speculation for thirties to sixty days, people thinking, boy, I'm going to put this up on eBay. You know, he just passed away. But generally that doesn't doesn't happen, So doesn't does It may be true for other forms of collectibles, but not with records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just because it's old, it doesn't. People call us all the time about you know, when they'll hear you on the air with me and they said, I got all these seventy eight's, Well are they? Are they pre World War two blues? Because because that that's a big that's a big seller, that's a big vinyl value, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Delta Blues roberts On. Some people like that Furry Lewis from pre war World War two can be extremely collectible. But just because a record is old doesn't mean it is collectible.
Speaker 1: Have another one of the giants all time on this moneymusic dot Com list that we're going to get to next. But it's a special thing. Because this next album that I mean a lot of people may have this album, but they don't have this particular copy of this album. And I'm talking about a promo copy. And before we get to what that is, John explain the value of DJ copies or promo copies as as opposed to those released to the general buying public.
Speaker 3: Well, many times the promotional copies that say not for sale promotional only can be worth a heck of a lot more because there are far fewer of them that are listed that show not every promo copy is going to be worth more than the commercial copy. But in many cases, the real stars like Eric Clapton, they're gonna be worth more. And we find promo copies amazingly at so many yard sales, so many radio stations gave them away or threw them away, that they're quite common actually, So find this one Eric Clapton nineteen seventy self titled album promo up to five hundred dollars as we copy up to about fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: So promotional copy how much again, I think.
Speaker 3: I stepped on up to five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh wow wow. So the difference is ten tenfold over a retail copy in good condition. Yeah, the eponymous Eric Clapton.
Speaker 13: The braines any do this stuff song that surrounded me, the.
Speaker 23: Sun and the.
Speaker 24: Away, this that pace surround me.
Speaker 14: Let it bay, had.
Speaker 23: It Bay that you love?
Speaker 14: Ray down on me? Let it bad? That it by that Bay raymade.
Speaker 24: The life was like godds a bow bathing in the sun. July found the way to love this hard set bad done.
Speaker 4: Let it bad.
Speaker 14: Let it bay that your love may don on me.
Speaker 4: Let it bad, Let it by.
Speaker 1: You know John, I don't know if he's the best rock guitarist of all time, but.
Speaker 3: I could.
Speaker 1: I could listen to him play anytime, That's for sure. Eric Clapton on the money music dot Com October list of Valuable final worth one hundred up to one or more and up next on the list again very very famous. A song that everybody who who loves the Beatles or loves rock and roll knows very very well. And yet this particular copy of this Beatles single can be worth a whole lot if you've got the picture sleeve.
Speaker 3: Those pictures leave so very important, always worth more than the actual forty five itself in this case, Can't buy me Love Buy the Beatles on Capitol record worth up to about forty to fifty dollars. The picture sleeve by itself up to eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 14: Love Love that old down, Listen to My Steel, whe want goodbye to and why Sig if.
Speaker 25: I leave you be, I've be a good all my life, Land Tax in the.
Speaker 14: Lot of that Night and Iron Mood by the week.
Speaker 1: So that's a cold tattoo from Jim Croche. You certainly know bad bad Leroy Brown. It sounds like he produced bad bad one tattoo, bad bad bad cold tattoo. That's right. It sounds like he produced it himself, because well he did. But if you got the album, it's worth up to nine hundred dollars. Up next down your list, Johnny.
Speaker 3: The Stones, I was worth money. Looked for the big album for them Sticky Fingers again. You want to hope and pray to find a promotional copy of store bought copy maybe up to about twenty dollars. Promo for Sticky Fingers up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: This is this is the Stones, and I can't believe that it took to nineteen seventy one as the Stones first album to reach number one on both the UK and the US Albums charts, and it's triple platinum. Look for that promo copy of Sticky Fingers. Folks, can't Bobby mine you do ring my friend?
Speaker 10: He's all right, get you anything, my friend?
Speaker 4: Itmate you He's.
Speaker 14: All right cause I don't get you.
Speaker 10: Watch my money money, and Bobby, I'll give you all I've got to baby, say you.
Speaker 22: Love me too.
Speaker 23: I mean I want not to you what I got?
Speaker 4: Buck you to you.
Speaker 14: I don't get you what my money money?
Speaker 13: And bybody, everybody.
Speaker 18: Help me so good?
Speaker 23: Bobby, No, no, no, I'm satisfied. Tell me the kind of thing the money is just come fine.
Speaker 14: Mons.
Speaker 10: The money, money Money.
Speaker 1: One of a string of number one monster hits by the Beatles. If you've got that forty five with the picture sleeve important worth up to eight hundred dollars according to moneymusic dot com. Mighty John, We've got an album from nineteen sixty six that made the list this month, and another performer we lost way too early, Jim Crochey tell me what we got here?
Speaker 3: Well. This is actually produced by Crochy himself on his own record label. His first album it's called Facets and current value up to nine dollars should come across a copy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most people weren't aware of what Jim Croachey was like up until nineteen seventy or nineteen seventy one. But here's some early stuff if we can find it.
Speaker 26: Says you have a cut off field in the modern New Holidays, God don't say No, what's doing all right?
Speaker 14: And went away and just around.
Speaker 26: Madnight, Funny Last Stop nos.
Speaker 14: Is doing all right.
Speaker 3: We're almost there.
Speaker 1: And the album cover leaves no doubt as to why the fingers are sticky as we get to number one on this Saturday night, John Marshall, let's bring it home the most valuable piece of vinyl money music dot com has listed for ourber. Now there is a Halloween list. We may have you back before Halloween to count those down the scary and valuable vinyl. But what's what's number one on the list.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a big hit from madford Man, but that version is not worth much more than ten dollars. For the big money, you got to give it to the boss, Bruce Springsteen blinded by the Lights with its pictures leave up to fifteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, madford Man, famous for recording Springsteen songs that actually got them attention because other than do Wah Diddy, nothing else was shaken. Here it is and a mighty John, thank you so much. If people want to know more, just simply go to moneymusic dot com. Here's Bruce Springsteen blinded by the light.
Speaker 27: Madman Drummers, Bummers and Indians in the summer.
Speaker 10: With a teenage diplomat.
Speaker 28: In the dumps with the mumpsters the otill and thumps his way into his hat.
Speaker 14: With a bowler on my shoulders.
Speaker 3: I feel can.
Speaker 22: Older I shrip the many go around with this story unpleasing sneezing out, wheezing, the coliabe crashed to the ground, some of.
Speaker 13: Hat shopper very far spots notapping his fingers.
Speaker 23: I have, there's some flex.
Speaker 10: My mascots tied those rubbers.
Speaker 14: Not with a one good in her hands.
Speaker 13: And young Scotch the slitch got pilot by the tennis box fool.
Speaker 9: His lover and the sands.
Speaker 14: So blood shots.
Speaker 28: Get me not whis Worth daddies within earshot seve the bof shots heard of the vands.
Speaker 1: Well now you know why the Manford Man version was a hitch and this was not. It's the nightcap on a Saturday night on seven hundred WL.
Speaker 27: She got nol, but you never got tack for still pacts already.
Speaker 28: Sunburn Stone by joh Man I say Slong rolland Stall Preacher Properties These seventy Rolling Dick The Ballad of Him
Speaker 19: Or twenty twenty five iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capital Lunch