Speaker 1: Mojo in the morning show. Thank you for them. Oh, you know what, I want to talk to Lydia about something. Lydia has been doing some dating and she has been finding herself some real winners on the dating apps. Oh yeah, Lydia has been dating guys who First off, I don't understand this. There have been guys that have gone on dates with Lydia and brought up politics on the first date, like basically saying, here's my political view affiliation, what's your affiliation and stuff.
Speaker 2: Which have you ever had that happen to you on a first date?
Speaker 3: No, well, I haven't gone on a first date. In a minute, you would, well, I don't know. If I was serious about them, I would want to know at some point what they aligned with, but I don't know if it needed to come out on the first day.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because I will say this, I think it's a generational thing because like my mom and dad, and my dad and his wife my stepmother too, they both were completely opposite politically.
Speaker 2: It was wild and.
Speaker 1: Then the only time they ever talked about it, and obviously there was no Trump at that time, so I mean Trump kind of brought out the craziness and both sides of the people, the right and the left. The only time that it was a deal was we would have on election Day, like a funny day where some of the family would sit by my mom and some of the family working by my day dad. You know, it was just kind of fun. But Lydia also had a guy and explaining this one Lydia about the guy that you were dating note and why he wanted to day two.
Speaker 4: So I was going going to actually break it off with him because I didn't enjoy the first day's date due to him talking about politics. So I sent him a text and I was like, I don't know how to say it. I've been thinking, and I don't want to waste your time. I enjoyed Saturday with you, but I think I'm more so looking for someone who's into the same faith as I am.
Speaker 5: And I said it that way because, sorry, Bianca, I can kind of hear what you have going on over there.
Speaker 4: I said it that way because I didn't want him to know that I was ending things over the politics, because I feel like then he would know where I stood politically, and I also wanted to let him down easy.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, trying to be nice how did he take it when you told him that?
Speaker 4: So he replied back to me and was like, yeah, I know, I get it. You gotta do it's best for you. Then he follows up with we should still be friends and hang out though it's cool knowing a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So that's when I realized that's why he wanted to date me and go out with me, not because of anything else, but because of what I do for work.
Speaker 6: Do other people bring that up, like when they message you.
Speaker 4: Well, when I was getting like the likes from Hinge, everybody was like, lydia from Mojo in the morning. That's crazy. They're like, no way Mojo in the morning. Someone said, does Mojo know you're on here?
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my gosh, can I Can I say something though that that's funny. That was the only way I got a girl when I was no I've been first few times. My favorite with Chelsea the Gritty and I think I married Chelsea was I said to her at a party, I go, Hi, Joe, and at that time I was just a night DJ on a station and stuff, and she goes, who cares, I'm going to marry that girl. I love that girl so much. But for girls, that's got to be creepy if you tell it. If you tell a girl I really wanted to date you because you're famous, it's as weird as saying to them anything else, like.
Speaker 6: You because of your chest size.
Speaker 2: Right well, or something like that, Like that's kind of.
Speaker 6: A like a little superficial.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's worse. I think I'd rather have the chess size than my my occupation.
Speaker 7: I was going to ask Lydia, which would you rather hear?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I was taking a call.
Speaker 7: Would you rather him say I'm with you because of your chess size? Or yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I will take the chess size any day.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I to me, I think that it would be weird in general just to say this is really why I wanted to date you, like I would say I really thought our conversation was great. You know what, we'll steer away from that.
Speaker 7: But maybe they just more upfront, like there's a clear reason why some people are attracted to other people.
Speaker 2: They may not come out and say it, but you know it's like that, Yeah, Wesleyanne, what's up?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 6: I think we should put Lydia on Love Island.
Speaker 2: I think she would be great on there.
Speaker 6: Do you think I can go without her for a month.
Speaker 9: We'll be watching her, we can keep up.
Speaker 6: I think I think it'll be okay.
Speaker 5: My daughter be so disappointed.
Speaker 1: So let's put her on a reality show basically where she can date people basically for that reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Actually the guys here are like already like, oh, you're a celebrity. Like, she's just going to keep finding guys like that, so we might as well put her on that ped of stool.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's some people that have to keep their occupation away from people dating, like because they don't want people to know what they do. Like, I wonder if there are and this is just and this is no bad thought on them, because I love you know, men and women in this profession. But I wonder if you're in law enforcement, if you don't put down that you're in law enforcement for the reason. It used to be that people everybody love to date you know, a guy that was in uniform. But then there's sometimes people that hate on, you know, the cops and stuff. Like I wonder if you have to keep that away or if you're like some big wealthy person, you know, whatever, although most of the guys I know that are like financial advisors, they put that crap inside their jobs. Oh they think girls get get you know, excited down there when they know that they're dealing with money. They uh anna lydia. Somebody's diggers. Probably No, do you guys? Is there somebody?
Speaker 2: Are there?
Speaker 1: Certain guys though that you guys want to date, like if you look at their profile and if it's not the picture, but if you find out something about their like what city they live in, like guys in Birmingham turning on.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I think that I like, like, I'll like somebody for their job if it's like something well rounded, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like, but I wouldn't date someone specifically for it.
Speaker 2: If the guy said that he was an element pre school.
Speaker 1: Teacher, well, this guy was a teacher. He was aren't majority of guys that are teachers. No, I can't say what I want you to say.
Speaker 6: What are you going to say?
Speaker 1: Most of the guys that I know that were that became teachers were gay. I thought that they were. Yes, I did for some reason.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I feel bad even saying that because it's so stereotypical, but especially preschool teachers. I just thought, no, I thought that that was the occupation that a lot of these guys. I chose, what about this? What about as far as a guy, what are you doing? You're checking yourself out. Let me make sure you don't bug about.
Speaker 3: The fifth time in the past week that Kevin has told me I have a bugger in my note.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: So, uh what what if the guy, Uh if the guy says what city he lives in and say his city that he lives in is I don't know not I don't know. I'm trying to guess, like if the guys from m Lay City or something like that, are.
Speaker 2: You thinking that MLA City guy is not going to be your guy? Or I don't know. You can't judge somebody based on or lancing or I don't know, you.
Speaker 6: Could be the biggest dog in inlace.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there are people that have different things that they you know, either say that they want to date or don't want to date, and it's based off of something's very superficial. I think your job is superficial to say that you want to date somebody based off of what they do for an occupation.
Speaker 2: Some people say that.
Speaker 7: Not when I was younger, and I'm talking about like a child. I remember I was in a barbershop one time, shout at Louis barbershop on.
Speaker 2: The school craft. I don't know if they did, but shout out to Dawn.
Speaker 7: I saw a lady come in with a taper that was like lower than mine, and I was like, I could never date a girl with sure.
Speaker 2: Here it's stuck with me. Now I'm out of that face. Growing up, that was that was the thought. What's up resa?
Speaker 8: Hey, if I found out that a guy is a construction worker, I would be in heaven.
Speaker 2: Oh really, you're into its?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: He could build me a house from the ground literally, and people always need their houses big. So if you're looking for a guy that has endless money, he's just writing his own money right there.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 7: I don't know, because some of these constructions dudes just be standing there when I ride.
Speaker 2: They ain't really building.
Speaker 8: They ain't working all the time.
Speaker 2: What if he is not the actual guy that hammers the nail.
Speaker 1: What if he's the guy that just picks up the access wood and throws it in a dumpster.
Speaker 2: What if he's just the laborer.
Speaker 8: No, you have to be the guy that's actually you know, I like you.
Speaker 2: Resa. We're going from reside or is it Ray Orria? Ria? What's up?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Nothing much? What's going on? You were talking about people that you date and won't date.
Speaker 3: Yes, well it's not me, but it's so many people that I know say they won't date because of a particular horoscope.
Speaker 1: We actually talked about that the other day on the air. We brought that up with Anna and talked about signs that you think are crazy and not crazy, and that was amazing how many people agreed.
Speaker 2: What's up, Stacy?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: What's happening? Hi?
Speaker 2: You're not Stacy, are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Stacy? Date idea?
Speaker 5: What's your ton.
Speaker 2: Next collar? What's up? Sarah?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 8: Hi? Good morning?
Speaker 2: Hi Sarah.
Speaker 1: What's what's your superficial thing you look for on a date?
Speaker 2: Oh? What they?
Speaker 6: What kind of shoes they wear?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: I only date guys that wear Converse or Vans?
Speaker 2: Like if there were a new I can't do it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Really, no new Balance? What about Nike? Will you allow Nike in there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: I don't like Nike or basketball shoes like convert or bands like skater shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, Kayla. What's up, Kayla? How you doing?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna how are you?
Speaker 7: Good morning everyone?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Kayla hides her occupation so that people can't see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I'm a medical assistant and everybody always thinks that I'm a nurse. And then once when they think that, like I'm a nurse, which I am not, but they automatically think that, like they could just ask me for medical advice. I'm there.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they want medical advice or they think that you'll take care of them. Probably, Yeah, I wonder if that's a little bit something. So that's interesting that that could be kind of interesting, couldn't it. You know that you have to hide your occupation, Lydia might have to hide her occupation.
Speaker 2: What's up, Tyra High? Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I'll be a fifty five on May this birthdays double.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir.
Speaker 7: So my thing is that I do not want any retired dude.
Speaker 9: I want somebody that works all day.
Speaker 8: I've been single for so long that you know, I really just want like a three day a week type of relationships.
Speaker 2: So what are you looking for? Job?
Speaker 8: Listen.
Speaker 3: He guess he has to have a job, most definitely, but the more he works the better because.
Speaker 8: I've always used to get cleany guys, and I don't like cleansy.
Speaker 1: What about an over the road truck driver that's gone for days at a time.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, I think I got your occupation me. Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 8: So tell him to call y'all up if they listening. Oh and Nick can't. Another thing I've been doing is meeting guys that are in their fifties that have two year olds. That is a no, no no for you.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy. Fifty years old and they're having two year olds.
Speaker 7: We should have hooked her up with the last gay who was on the phone, Stacy, Stacy.
Speaker 2: Kim has to hide her occupation, and it's for good reason. What is it that you do, Kim? I'm a massage therapist.
Speaker 1: So I don't get it exactly what you just heard Kevin.
Speaker 2: Just do when it get rubbed down?
Speaker 3: They want to massage in the the dish you do happy endings?
Speaker 8: Or can I get a massage? Or will you rub me down?
Speaker 2: Nobody takes it seriously.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Kim, I could see that that would be weird. I mean, you heard Lydia talk about the guy that said he just wanted to date her because she was famous. I mean, honestly, the massage therapist thing is even creepier than that.
Speaker 9: So the minute they find out, Yeah, thank.
Speaker 2: You for the call. I appreciate it all right, Lyddy, good morning. Lydia needs love, just not from Stacy. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do a let's do a promotion. We all used to have done this with the guys on the show, like back in the day with slim and stuff.
Speaker 2: We did, you know, a slim dating thing we should do. Lydia needs love, Love Island