Speaker 1: It's Mojoe in the Morning Show. It's Easter time again. And I have to tell you that one of the things that this holiday season always to me felt weird with was when I would go to the malls and I would see the center court of the mall where Santa Claus was at Christmas time. The Easter Bunny so they set up at Easter was always at some of the malls, like the one that I go to, Twelve Oaks Mall.
Speaker 2: That set up always was beautiful. It's cool.
Speaker 1: It looked like, you know, I don't know, like a farmhouse or something like that. You know, I don't know if it was the same setup that they had for Santa Claus, but they just changed the decorations a little bit. But you'd look at it and then all of a sudden you'd look in there and you would see some dude in a what looks like a scary bunny costume.
Speaker 3: They pulled it from the apace.
Speaker 1: No and no kid looks like they're happy sitting on a rabbit's you know lap, you know what I mean, A bunny's that lap. And I don't know what the deal is. And I wanted to ask this question of you guys. I actually sent a message to Pat yesterday after she was on the phone with us my sister and Pat, I said, can you go through old picture books and find a picture I have one of me smushing Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: I would like to see if I have one.
Speaker 1: I know I have one at the Old and Mills Photography place sitting on the Easter Bunnies lab news. But I want to throw this out there, which Maul has the scariest easter bunny first and foremost? And secondly, did sitting on the lap of the easter bunny ever give you nightmares? Eight four four Mojo live eight four four six six five six five four eight And what is it that we do this to our kids?
Speaker 2: Like why do we do that?
Speaker 1: And then the other people that do like the live animals, like people that will go have you ever seen they have live bunnies? Like they're making these bunnies have to take pictures with people. I don't remember sitting on a bunny.
Speaker 4: Let No, I'll just text my mom to see if she got like, I don't remember it, but that's weird.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 3: South End Mall had the scariest bunny ever?
Speaker 6: And yeah, I gotta I gotta have my mom send me some of my dad too, probably has a bunch of photos of my sister and I. My kids have never sat on the Easter Bunny's lap because they all looked terrifying to me.
Speaker 3: Actually, I take that back, Lucy.
Speaker 6: Maybe when she was a baby baby like one, we got a picture not at the mall, but like at an event. But other than that, zero photos with the Easter Bunny. It's always creeped me out so bad.
Speaker 2: But look like Santa.
Speaker 4: I understand because you sitting down, you having a conversation, what do you want for Christmas? And you tell them what do you do with the Easter buddy?
Speaker 3: Smile you smile, they give you a little gift.
Speaker 6: But now, my sister took my niece Stella to see the Easter Bunny last week, and of course the fancy mall in the Detroit area. The Sumrset collection has the cutest bunny ever. It's a it's a girl bunny, really yeah. And she's got like a little dress and like little butterflies in her ears, and she's got little spectacles.
Speaker 3: It's really cute bunny.
Speaker 2: Only bunny.
Speaker 4: I like this Lola Bunny you'll know Lola Bunny that one or or what was the other?
Speaker 1: Ja Jaska rabbits the body. Somebody just text in four one nine, just text in and just said, Mojo, you have listeners who believe in the Easter Bunny. I'm not saying the Easter Bunny ain't real, but I can tell you this. Anybody that thinks that their kid believes that that stupid costume at the mall is really an Easter Bunny. I mean, I get Santa Claus is there. That's Santa Claus. But the Easter Bunny is the Easter That's that's some goofball in a costume.
Speaker 5: What's the point of I've had to dress up as the bunny, did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So my family does a family reunion every Easter weekend, and the older cousins would have to dress up as the bunny for the younger cousins and it would make an appearance, and all the younger cousins hated it. I hated being the bunny because no one wanted to be by the bunny.
Speaker 1: I know, we're looking for the bunny costume that Zach had. We can't we can't find it.
Speaker 2: Is that right? They threw out the bunny. Somebody got rid of our bunny costume? Here?
Speaker 5: Why do we have a bunny costume?
Speaker 3: We did it, we did. We did the easter keg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the easter keg where Zach was out. Zach was out. We hit it.
Speaker 1: We hit a keg of beer. And if you found the keg of beer, you got to keep it. And you also want tickets to opening day or some content? Do we do we have any costumes? Maybe we can have Zach in the rat costume or something.
Speaker 3: I can only find the turkey one.
Speaker 5: I was told the rat and the Easter bunny was not professional for us to have with sales and clients coming through, so you know what missing?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you they need to They need to worry about themselves and stop messing with us.
Speaker 2: This is bull craft.
Speaker 5: I dare you to dress up as a bunny for the client thing tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll tell you what just for that. I'm not even gonna dress up. I'm gonna dress up in nothing. I'm gonna be naked because I want to be professional, scarier in the bun I.
Speaker 2: Want to I want to be there. Who wants to sit on my rap? Now?
Speaker 1: I hate that people try to tell us how to do our show for you. This is a radio show here. What's going on, Dennis, How.
Speaker 7: You doing any Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 7: Not much?
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 7: I was actually deployed at the time, and I was on an Air Force base and it was Easter and they at the USO they asked, they were asking around for somebody to be the rabbit the bunny, and I was like, yeah, I'm sure I'll do it. It was on my bucket list, and there was so many it was like probably around like half, almost half of the kids that were just like around the age of like two that were just did not like it, would scream and the parents were like, no.
Speaker 2: Take a picture with the rabbit.
Speaker 7: And I'm just like that awkward, Yeah, guy, just sitting there like, uh, your kid does not.
Speaker 2: Want to be scared.
Speaker 6: I'm very curious to know what else is on your bucket list. Being the Easter Bunny was one of the items.
Speaker 7: Reach Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: That's that's all.
Speaker 3: Right, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, And these are kids on a military base, so you know they're tough kids too.
Speaker 2: Man. Wow, what's one on? Jason? Are you doing.
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 9: Last year we was over at my mother in law's house and somebody I don't know who did it was probably her, ordered up an easter bunny to come to the house. Okay, so this guy shows up or person whoever it was, and the creepiest looking bunny costain ever, you know, whiskers were just droopy and ears were caught.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, It's kind of like almost demonic or something, right, I'm telling you. So.
Speaker 9: Anyways, so the bunny comes up to the kids and stuff, and we're taking pictures and we're outside stuff and you know, I'm standing there, you know, we're all getting the pictures and I look on the back and it's like kind of half unzipped. This person has nothing but.
Speaker 2: Underwear naked underneath it. I like it.
Speaker 5: I would hate to wear that.
Speaker 1: After No, that's like somebody wearing jeans with no underwear on.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. What's going on? How you doing? Joe good?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 7: Bojo's say he's got uh she she's.
Speaker 5: Got a rabbit costume for me to wear so she could take.
Speaker 7: Pictures of the easter buddy with her.
Speaker 3: Two great things that we love so much.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 3: Pre supply and.
Speaker 5: They'll do it for you.
Speaker 4: Did you dress up as a bunny to take pictures with the dogs?
Speaker 2: What do you all do after that?
Speaker 5: Do you watch me? She wants me to dress up as the Easter body so she could take pictures up.
Speaker 4: She makes you wear a collar?
Speaker 2: Does she make you hop around? Well, that's not all.
Speaker 9: During Lions season, she dressed up the girls in basically jerseys of the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 2: That's not as weird. Uh.
Speaker 1: By the way, Shannon, I'm looking at these pictures in the pictures of you with the Easter Bunny.
Speaker 3: Now, this year the Easter Bunny was cute. I was probably five.
Speaker 1: This is probably this is South. That's probably the same costume there. You've seen the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, and then look at the outfit my parents made me.
Speaker 4: Come on, that's cute outfit here because you know what you on the left?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look you look like Uh. Eastern outfits, by the way, are always so interesting. Like the women's outfits.
Speaker 6: Well, I just feel like it used to be little girls would wear the dresses and my mom would make me wear a hat, you know, and that's really the really lazy.
Speaker 2: Sun my mom. Oh yeah, you're so good.
Speaker 1: We we uh we used to do let me see an hold hand.
Speaker 5: No, this is Cooper.
Speaker 3: We got to post the yeah ce get it, Cooper.
Speaker 1: Send us your pictures of you with the Easter bunny if you can, like dm them to us, because we want to put a little clause.
Speaker 3: We don't get them when you text them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so dm them on Instagram or Facebook or message them on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: We used to get my mom every year, a big boot and air or something like that, like what what are those called? Like the flowers that corsage We got her one one year the poor lady got beat a bit by a freaking bee. It has like it had some kind of a flower on there that attracted bees. And so she would wear it proud. We're going to church and she's wearing it.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 8: My mom.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: If I told if I told my mom to wear the rat costume that they threw out here because it would make me happy, she should do it.
Speaker 2: Should put anything well.
Speaker 6: Speaking of wearing things, have you guys seen the new trend for Easter egg hunts at home?
Speaker 3: So you know how normally.
Speaker 6: Like I do it, I hide eggs in my yard and I let the kids and my niece go out and get the eggs. Well, now, thanks to TikTok and Instagram, you you like a velcrow them to all the dads who are at Easter Sunday's shirts and you make them run and you have all the kids chasing.
Speaker 4: Some tackle they may not be able to catch with.
Speaker 1: I know what's going on. What's up, Mandy?
Speaker 5: Oh not much.
Speaker 9: I got to tell you guys, Shannon is absolutely right.
Speaker 8: The South End while Bunny is terrifying.
Speaker 3: I know what it looks like now. Oh still to this day it's bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My grandson we took my grand my grandkids to them all last Sunday to see the Easter Bunny.
Speaker 9: My grandson will even beat on the floor.
Speaker 5: He screamed so hard my daughter had to get in the picture with the babies.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. To step up the costume game for Easter, you know what I want to do.
Speaker 1: I want to have the Southland Mall Easter Bunny costume and then have that wake kids up in the morning for like school or something like running in their room when it's dark, Like you imagine a kid being there sleeping, you wake up and that thing senting over top of you.
Speaker 2: You'll never sleep ever again. What's up? Michelle?
Speaker 8: Hi, Hi, first time, long time.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 8: So when I was I don't know how it was. This is twenty fourteen, great legs crossing. My mom tagged us to get a picture every here, and I sat on the bunny's lap and the picture it looks like he has a stuff going on. Really, I'll have to DM because I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't wait then boner Yeah, oh.
Speaker 8: My god, because it wouldn't go through text.
Speaker 1: Oh my okay, so here, no, send it to us on our DM. You follow us on Instagram, Joe Yeah, at Mojo on the morning. So wait, this is crazy. You sat on the Easter bunny's lap and the Easter bunny had a boner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 8: It was like maybe I think I was eight.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, oh my god. So many people are sending photos. These are so good.
Speaker 1: All right, we're putting a calash together, Michelle, make sure we get that