Speaker 1: Remember in science class like some some classrooms they had like the skeleton in the room for like when you did and it's an anatomy and stuff like that. If I if I brought in a skeleton and I said, point, point, hold on, I gotta find the what it's called. I gotta make sure I have the right the right name. Hold on, hold on, point to the scalpula. I know what it goes by. But if I said, point to the scapula, would you know what that is?
Speaker 2: It's a part of your shoulder, shoulder blade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but describe it.
Speaker 2: You see it, right, scap push ups the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your shoulder blade. It's that kind of the triangular paddle in your back. It is commonly referred to as the shoulder blade, right, don't but I don't like I feel like some people confuse it with collarbone sometimes because that's clavical. Okay, is your collarbone. Scalpula is your shoulder blade. It's in the back, Like if you reach back there, you can you can like feel like if you do this with your back, like it's the two that kind of point make that little divid in your back. Right now, I'm really over explaining the scapula. Well, people know it as the shoulder blade, the shoulder blade, but I want to make sure people know exactly what I'm talking about. Okay, do we know anybody that's ever broken their shoulder blade?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Out sounds this pandemic.
Speaker 1: It sounds horrible. It also sounds like something you can't fix. I don't know what you do. Yeah, like I don't know, like like other than like don't move your arm, Like is that just you? You just can't move? And I think it also depends on how bad the break is. Kristin, will you do me a favor? Will you see if you can find me somebody that has broken their scapula or their shoulder blade, same thing, the paddle in your back? Please? Eight six six to Elliott eight six six two three five five four six eight. I can tell you this, The majority of shoulder blade breaks come from one of two things. The majority is it like car accidents or collisions? Yeah? So car, they said, you see a lot of motorcycle accidents, but car motorcycle accidents and falls like a lot of times you fall. If you fall on your back, you you'll break your you'll break your shoulder blade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Honestly, it sounds so bad.
Speaker 1: It does you know what in like, like I know people, Hell, my own son broke his collarbone like bad, snapped it. That's bad. Shoulder blade sounds so much worse. And I think it's because you picture the bone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like you eat like the paddle can identify that in your mind. Yes, it's not like someone says they broke their back. It could be an assortment of things.
Speaker 1: It could be anything, but you broke that paddle.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's also calling it a paddle that's upsetting me.
Speaker 1: But that's what That's kind of how they describe it though. That's how that's how doctors describe If you went to a doctor and you didn't know what it was and you were like, what is my scapula and they couldn't point at yours, they would say it's the like a paddle shaped bone, a triangular paddle shaped bone in your back protects your ribs on the backside, connects you to the collar bone, and it can be broken. As a matter of fact, a very famous person broke theirs over the weekend. Bribella, Oh, I didn't see Night one, yeah, Bribella said. She finished the sixth woman tag team match with a broken scapula. During SummerSlam Night one on saturd she injured her shoulder and was hospitalized after the Bella Twins and Page lost.
Speaker 2: To the six woman tag. So it couldn't just be the Bella Twins.
Speaker 1: Okay, they lost to the fatal influence.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even see it. But I certainly Jacy.
Speaker 1: Jane fallon Henley and so I don't know who the other person is.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that she got injured. Was it obvious during the match.
Speaker 1: They said that b reappeared to injure her shoulder when Jace slammed her into the steel stairs outside the ring, and that during the remainder of the fight you could see her kind of like favoring and holding her arm. So, but I didn't see Night one. I didn't see Night two last night too. I don't know if Raw was there last night, but I didn't see that either.
Speaker 2: Raw was in Des Moines last night.
Speaker 1: So not in Minneapolis. By the way, is Josh back?
Speaker 2: Oh, he would have seen it if the injury was so obvious.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was there live. Yeah, I know, but I don't know if he's everything could have been outsigning autographs or something. He was signing autographs for Seeking that well, probably seeking, but for his podcast for getting a tattoo. Who knows.
Speaker 2: So what does she have to say about her injury?
Speaker 1: Uh, unfortunately, I'll be out for a bit. I broke my scapula and then it says, if there's one thing I know about my sister and I is that we don't let broken bones stop us. Not sure how I finished that match, but I do believe between the adrenaline, passion for the business and the love for all the women I work with, I gave it my drive to finish. So I don't know if she won. I don't know if she lost. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Because Nikki was her leading up to SummerSlam with the I think it was an ankle injury.
Speaker 1: But they did say I don't know if she's like in line to do something. But Triple H said that Jesus Christ Elliot, Triple eight. I can't believe I'm having this conversation. Was they were the WWE people. We're hard at work about what changes need to take place. Again, I don't know what she was on course to do, but she ain't doing it? Is she may again?
Speaker 2: Nikki just came back. So and they turned on page at the end of that match, So perhaps that was the Is.
Speaker 1: She married to somebody famous? Is she married to a Is Brie married to a wrestler?
Speaker 2: Is Bree Daniel Bryan?
Speaker 1: I don't know. She made some comment about I know she's got kids, but her kids and her husband, but they I feel like they mentioned her husband by name. Yes, Daniel Bryan, Yes, yes, Oh I've seen him.
Speaker 2: I was trying to give you an.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, Diane. He was a big deal for a while.
Speaker 2: He's no longer in WW oh that's why he's kind of fallen away by the wayside.
Speaker 1: Anyway, where am I going? Line seven? Hi, Elliot in the morning?
Speaker 3: Hey this me?
Speaker 1: Hey have you broken shoulder blade?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I broke my shoulder blade like two months ago.
Speaker 1: So in just reading about Brie Bella, it sounds horribly painful.
Speaker 4: It was not great.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so is it not as bad as I think it is? Horrible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was horrible.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was rolling around on the ground in a lot of pain.
Speaker 2: How'd you do it?
Speaker 4: I slipped off of my deck. I was trying to get my dog to go outside, and my deck was wet, and I was just bopping down the stairs and some crocs shout out, the crocs, thank you for helping me break my scapula. And I slipped and I just went like it was a cartoon. Like my feet went up in the air and I came down right on my scacula on the edge of the stairs.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: So now if you like like the if you if you look at I printed this out for everybody. But if you look at the scalpula, it attaches at the top to the humorous which is that kind of that upper bone is that is like where on the paddle did you break it?
Speaker 4: I crashed like the head of the scapula. So like right, if you like stick your shoulder back right and like that bone that sticks out, that's what I cracked.
Speaker 1: God damn, hey, can they even do anything to fix it?
Speaker 4: No, they did nothing for me. The orthopedis was like that this is I can literally do nothing for you.
Speaker 3: They took some X.
Speaker 4: Rays in there. The orthopedis was like, if you're going to break a bone, this is the best possible bone to break because it's big and stable and there's so much muscle around it that there's a lot of blood flow. And he said it heels quick, but it was they they put me in a sling or like a sling for a little.
Speaker 1: While, right to limit mobility.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, and that was it.
Speaker 5: That's all they could do for me.
Speaker 1: And you said, you broke it two months ago. How how is it two months later? Is it still? And you're right, like a big bone, you want to break a big bone because there's more blood flow. There's a lot more like when I broke when I broke my when I broke my leg. Doctor in Nunziata was like, most people break the small bone. It's good that you broke the big bone. There are some negatives that come with that, but at least in terms of blood flow, you're good. The bigger the bone, the more the more blood flow you have.
Speaker 4: That's what the doctor said. Yeah, so it's a lot better now. I still have like pain in my shoulder because all of the muscle and the ligament like locked down to protect the bone. Right, So I still have some pain in my shoulder. Like when I raised my arm over my head, it hurts, and like if I lay on my left side for a long time, it hurts. But it's a lot better now.
Speaker 2: Good good, And he said that was two months two months ago.
Speaker 1: All right, due, I appreciate it, Thank you, sir. Could you imagine if you broke off this whole bottom piece here?
Speaker 2: No, that's why whenever you do chest or backwork, you gotta warm up your scapula. And whether it's through the scap push ups that we mentioned or like whytw's right they call them that. Yep, you're I mean, you're just rolling your shoulders back, which is good for your doing a lifting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just get them going, get them going, Loosen that up, Diane.
Speaker 2: What is ytw It's the shape that your arms make. Oh, oh, Hans Over, I did those in pt.
Speaker 1: Where am I going? Oh? With Danish? Where am I going?
Speaker 3: Line?
Speaker 1: He didn't have the pleasure and his name is whatever he knows, Hi Elliott the morning. I'm doing great? Thank you? Who is this?
Speaker 5: Miss Mark?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Mark? Did you break your scapula?
Speaker 5: I have miss scapula on the left side of my body. It got shattered in a car. Couldn't back in two thousand and nine. I was gonna come up for about six weeks and then like a dak so I'm like an impatient and outpatient therapy for a while, and so we had my shoulders is helping placed by a scar tissue mobility, Like I can lift my arm above my head, but not nearly as well as you can on on my right side, because it's just all mobility. It's just all scar tissues, so it's not let them move as freely as it once was. What a wit?
Speaker 1: So you don't even have a shoulder blade back there, not.
Speaker 5: On the left side.
Speaker 1: No, I've never even heard of that.
Speaker 5: Injury. Come with a fun deal And you said.
Speaker 1: How did you how did you lose it in an accident? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was in a driving on Mountain Road in Pasadena and I my car did a one A hit a telephone pole and flew through my back wingshet about forty feet.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question? Were you wearing a seatbelt? No?
Speaker 5: I was not.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, dude, you know better than that.
Speaker 5: These days I do. I was twenty years old, you know it's a sister and twenty and no.
Speaker 1: Young dumb absolutely invincible. Hey, but so let me ask you this the like like obviously you could tell now, but like has it limited, like your your strength on that side of your body?
Speaker 5: I believe so like you if I like lift weights, you know, like I'll try and use the same weight on each side, but like one side is like a ten times easier to think with, like the left side, like I try to, like you know, train evenly right on my left. My left arm and side is definitely far weaker than my right side.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't know that I've ever heard from somebody who doesn't have a U shoulder blade. So if you a thank you, sir, thank you my friend. So if you break it bad, does it just come out? I mean, because attached to so many no, I know. But part of the other problem is it's also big, right, So if that thing shatters, that's hard to put back together. It's not like when I shattered my arm, they put pins in there, but it's one straight shot, like there's a whole paddle.
Speaker 2: I guess if it's the impact is traumatic.
Speaker 1: Enough, that's a lot to try to hold together.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm going back and watching the clip of JC Jane cannonballing into Brie, and I will say this, it's no fault of JC Jane's Bribella's arm is not in the position to take this blow, so she put herself in a dangerous spot and paid the price for it. Her arms should not be up like that as she is impacted like that. So that's one hundred percent on Brie.
Speaker 1: Brie.
Speaker 2: Could JC have maybe angled a little differently into the cannonball, sure, but her arms should not be up.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what though. That's a hell of a move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it still reeled me.
Speaker 1: Damn it. That's a hell of a move. Where am I going? Kristen Line three? Hi, Elliet in the morning.
Speaker 3: Hey boys this thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey? This is John Man.
Speaker 1: How'd you break it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Thirty years ago in the Marine Corps, I was snowboarding and I hit basically a patch of ice, and the spoort stopped and I didn't, and so I drove my shoulder into the ground and flopped over. And I was laying there just laughing because it didn't hurt. And then later on it really did hurt.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, at what point the shock leaves the body when it started to hurt? Is it real painful?
Speaker 3: Yes? It is.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The worst part was they didn't know I had broken my scapula. They didn't know I'd broken my collar bone. They just thought I had an AC separation, and so they had been doing physical therapy as if there were no broken bones, and I had broken bones. And so you the angle the X ray.
Speaker 1: And you broke both your shoulder blade and your collarbone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to which slipper my collarbone was. It's it's permanently in my shoulder out.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, dude, that's rough. How long did it take?
Speaker 3: It's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: How long did it take to get back? Like, do you feel like you're back to No? I know it was a long time ago. Do you feel like your bag? No, you don't.
Speaker 3: No, it's permanently. It's permanently mess up. The geometry is off because of the AC separation, and basically I have the butt wiper syndrome because whenever I try to reach backwards it hurts like out.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you had to learn the white butt white percent. So did you switch? You switched your white hand? Oh?
Speaker 3: I use my left hand out.
Speaker 7: Oh, there you go it.
Speaker 3: My right shoulder was the one that went out.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: So basically, because the geometry is off, all the muscles atrophy and basically it seizes up all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, that sucks. And again there's really nothing they could do for it.
Speaker 3: Right, not really, No, they can't even give me a shot because it's in the bones.
Speaker 1: Not the muscles, right, dude, that sucks. All right, brother, I appreciate it. Thank you, my friend?
Speaker 2: What was he should have told him about it? That was the tool your friend used to wipe? Was it like a stick? Oh yeah, rag on a stick or something?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about the vanilla gorilla?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, he would, he would. He would shower after he made a made a duty.
Speaker 2: Why did I think that he had some sort of pull?
Speaker 1: No, he did have. He did have.
Speaker 2: A Simpsons episode.
Speaker 1: No, no, but I want to say, I want to say that at maybe at one point he did have like a rag on, like a like a like an extended arm or something like that for the shower though. Yeah, no, he only he would only why he would only get he couldn't reach his He could get around back, but the vanilla gorilla, if the name doesn't give it to he's a big guy. But he couldn't get around the the belly and the ass to get inside by the where the mess would be. So a lot of times he would just have to get into the shower and kind of bend over a little bit and let the water wash it away. But other times he did have like a like almost you know, like one of those backscratchers almost with something on it that he could just kind of do this too and hope that you're getting in there. But ninety nine percent of the time he would just get in the shower and wash it off.
Speaker 2: Gosha, Yeah, thank you. I won't mess that up again, Sir, Hi Elliott in the morning.
Speaker 5: Hey this me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 5: Man? This is now?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: What's going on with it?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Real quick? Did you break your scapula?
Speaker 6: When I was sixteen, I was on a bike with a buddy and being dumb sixteen year olds, we end up bracing each other right, except the buck I was on the chain kind of snagged and I felt the bikes start to I lunged forward.
Speaker 7: So I started landing on my head. I shifted, landed on my shoulder blade, and then slid up the street for.
Speaker 6: About ten feet.
Speaker 7: And leaven to say, after an emergency room in it wasn't that bad if I didn't move it. Found that I almost cracked it right in half. We paranoid that I thought I was gonna be surgery or something else. And yeah, the doctor said all he needed was a sling, and with a sling because of all the muscles in the back, acts like a natural like.
Speaker 1: Split and holds it together.
Speaker 7: Right now, The worst part is one I never stopped on my back, so trying to sleep at nighttime, I almost had to set up like a coffin where I didn't move, lying on my back just so I could sleep. Then the worst was two days later when I accidentally sneezed.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's bad. That's bad. Anything connected to the ribs. You sneeze, you're in trouble, dear.
Speaker 7: God, because when you sneeze, your back shutters. It's almost like could cause the separation open up again. Yeah, that was about that was That was a lot.
Speaker 1: But you know what that falls into the thank you sir? How are you now?
Speaker 3: Now? I'm good.
Speaker 7: I got out of shoulder problems, but you know, playing football, rugby and other things, so who knows, man, I.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, I got youa But that's what they said. It all comes from falls like ladders, car accidents, motorcycle accidents.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They said, also deals with it a lot. And this makes sense because of falling rock climbers from falling and fall on your back and eventually that thing's gonna go, especially if your arms reach the wrong way and that little point at the bottom is out, you're gonna crack it.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the reason for my frozen shoulder is as Donnish never asked about my football and rugby days, I never brought it up.