Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Here we go again. We get right running back to.
Speaker 1: Get in on the show called eight six six not eighty seven two five seven day and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: Well. The Dodgers have seven weeks left in this season, forty four games remaining in the twenty twenty six regular season, and right now they are not playing very good baseball. Hi, everybody, and welcome into Dodger Talk on an FI seventy LA sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app wherever you may be on this warm, hot Sunday afternoon here in southern California, whether you're cooling off at the beach, by the pool, or driving around with the ac on, or just kicking back at home. Thank you for making it a part of your Sunday afternoon. Be a part of the show at eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Always tweet at me at Tim Kates Tim c Ates on X if you want to be a part of the show that way. Love the responses there in the commentary. Sometimes you don't want to call, but you got something to say, you can always do that at Tim Kates on X. Well, the Dodgers lose again. They fall to the Diamondbacks by a final of four to two, a game in which they again fell in a hole and not able to get out of it offensively. And today Justin Robleski, for his third straight start, gives up the home run ball he had given up four against the Seattle Mariners four against the Cubbies at Wrigley Field, and gives up a two run home run to Ka Tell Marte in the first inning. Today. That's now nine home runs in his last three games. I love Justin Robleski. You've heard me talk about him. I love his story. I love everything about his makeup, how he pitches, how he's aggressive, how he attacks his own how he works quick. Right now, Justin Robuski is struggling, and Justin Roblesky's gonna get more starts. They're not gonna take him out of the other rotation by any means, But certainly we're gonna start seeing Justin Robuski and his role for October be established here. I think soon is it gonna be out of the bullpen? Is it gonna be as a long reliever? What is it gonna be come October? And I think that's gonna be established by him moving forward, because the Dodgers right now still have the question mark and show, Hey, Otani still have a question mark in Tyler Glass now and with the Blake Snell returning on Tuesday, the Dodgers got Yamamoto, Snell, schoobl and Eric Lauer again. Otani and Glass now in my mind right now are still question marks. So Tani he's gonna throw apparently when the Dodgers get back to Dodger Stadium this homestand win, and for how long and what exactly he does we don't know, but he suspected to throw again like he did yesterday playing long toss in the outfield. What about Tyler Glass now? Now he's throwing in Oklahoma City tonight in a rehab started in TRIPLEA. But Tyler Glass now has made a wopping seven start this year and has missed all the time since May sixth with back spasms two years ago. Wasn't there for the team in October in that run in the twenty twenty four season. Was with the team in a big part of twenty twenty five, no doubt about it. But what are you gonna get in Tyler Glass? Though? To me, you don't know. He's a question mark until you get there, just because of the injuries that seem to pop up with Tyler Glass now. So for that reason alone, Justin Robleski is still in the mix to be a starter September and into October. But Justin Robleski is not the same Justin Robleski the first half of the season. And I mentioned this in the Clubhouse show and maybe you've noticed it as well. I don't have the numbers sitting in front of me. I'd have to dive really deep into that and figure that out. But my eyes and ears tell me that he's not getting the chase and swinging missus anymore that he got in his first half of the season. There were games in which he'd get the up the fastball up in the zone and get a swinging miss for a strikeout or swinging miss for a strike and get ahead in the count. It's a ball up and out of the zone, but he's getting swinging to missus on a chase or an off speed pitch low and away from a right handed hitter out of the strike zone, getting a swinging miss And he was very effective in getting guys at the plate to swing it pitches that weren't strikes and chase. That has appeared to change, and just from the eyeball test, he's having to zero in a little bit more, be more aggressive in throwing pitches, and instead of throwing pitches that are just outside the zone and getting swinging missus, he's now nibbling on the corners and missing pitchers, missing pitches over the heart of the plate. And what happens to you miss pitches over the heart of the plate in the major leagues, folks, I don't care who it is, you're gonna get hit, and you're gonna get hit hard. And I don't think it's a coincidence. Of the last three games he's given up nine home runs on pitches over the heart of the plate. When we were seeing Justin Robleski be a different pitcher the first half of the season. Now I don't know how he gets back to getting swing and missus. I think that's part of the cat and mouse game of Major League Baseball teams, hitting philosophies, strategies going into an outing start to change. The game plan changes when you see enough sample size on a guy. Now, I imagine the hitting philosophy going into a start against Justin Robleski by the teams is don't chase pitches outside the zone. Force him to throw pitches over the heart of the plate. If you do that, you're gonna get pitches you like you're gonna get hit a bull pitches. Because that seems to be the case of what's happening. He's not getting the swing and missus. He's not getting the weak contact, and he was never a guy Justin Robleski that's striking out nine, ten to eleven guys. You know, there was a start early in the season, right he had what one or two strikeouts, that was it. But he getting weak contact and retiring guys and getting outs, that's his game. But now he's getting squared up more. The balls flying out of the ballpark eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy. So he's not going anywhere, but justin Robluski. They need to just clean it up for wherever the issue is mechanically, if there, they figure there's something there, I don't know. He doesn't seem to think there is. You heard him in the Clubouts show postgame talk about how he feels right. He's just not executing well. That's certainly not the case. The first half of the season he was executing well. But in the second half of the season, outside that Philadelphia start, he hasn't got a win. He's been hit around in his last three outings by the Mariners, the Cubbies, and then today by the Arizona Diamondbacks. Having to tax the bullpen today in the final game of a series, in a stretch in which the Dodgers don't have a day off coming up this week, you force your bullpen to have to pick up for four and two third innings, and Edgardo Enriquez, Evan Phillips, Kylo Hurt, Jonathan Hernandez thankfully were able to do that, and quite frankly, they were really good. Four and two third, no hit innings, four strikeouts, I think a key stat zero walks amongst the four relievers, and they retired all fourteen batters they faced. That's the pitching side of it, that's the Joe Justin Robleski side of it. But the offense, folks, let's not get it confused. The offense is just not there. And I don't know if it's a sense of urgency. I don't know if it's just going through the dog days of summer. I don't know what it is. I mean Miguel Rojas til David Vassa yesterday and you heard it on the pre game again today about how he sent a group text about how they need to be focused and dialed in and get back on track. They just didn't look like it today. They just didn't look like a team aggressive at the plate. I mean tasker Hernandez taking cuts and missing on three different fastballs that were ninety three and ninety four over the middle of the plate from Edgardo Rodriguez. I mean at Ardo Rodriguez. He doesn't throw ninety nine, okay, he throws a fastball in the low nineties and a really good changeup, and he pumped three fastballs, which maybe when the changeup's coming out of the way it is ninety three looks a lot faster than it is because he threw it right by Teoscar Hernandez. The Dodgers offense not stringing together hits. The Dodgers offense, we know it. They rely on the slug the home run ball. But today they're able to produce a couple of runs without having to hit the home run ball. But you know, Mookie bets Oh for three with the strikeout today, show hey Otani oh for fourth the strikeout. You know, you look at what the middle of the lineup did, Tommy Edman, oh for four, Mookie bets Oh for three, you know, tay Oscar for Hernandez, oh for three. It just wasn't a great date to play it offensively, and just has not been the case the last month. And it's no secret that when this team is not producing offensively, not getting good pitching and the defense and base running, the suspect. Look at the record. They've dropped five of six, eight of nine, and fifteen of their last twenty four. It's not a secret, folks. The Dodgers just need to somehow get back on the winning track. And maybe it's the Kansas City Royals that'll be that answer. For the next three days when they come to Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium. We'll get out to the phones in just a second. One other note, Justin Robleski is, as I mentioned, is not going anywhere in this rotation with the uncertainty still of show. Hey Otani pitching, and really you're still at least two weeks away, maybe longer from Tyler Glass now coming back. He's making his second minor league rehabs start tonight. In fact, that game gets underway in fifteen minutes in Oklahoma City. For the comments, all right, you're down two starting pitchers there, You're a six man rotation. So Justin Roblesky's not going to go anywhere, so you hope he can figure it out. But let's let's push the fast board forward butt here real quick to September. And let's assume everybody but Yamamoto is excuse me, a Otani is pitching and back in the rotation. Let's assume Snell's back and doing great, and Tyler Glass now is back by the early part of September. In this rotation is Yamamotos, Schooble, Snell, Glass now Robleski lower. It's a lot of starting pitchers, one or two of those guys is not going to be in the rotation anymore once Snell gets back and glass Now finally gets back, even not counting OTAWNI, it's time for Snell and glass Now, folks, to pull it up and lead this Dodger rotation. Like the Cy Young Award winners. They are well outside of glass Now. I didn't win to side Young, but Blake Snell's two say Young's it's time for Tyler glass Now to be a guy they can rely on. It's time for Blake Snell to really step it up here the final seven weeks of this season between the two of them, they've made eight starts all year. Tyler glass Now has not pitched since May sixth He's thrown thirty nine plus innings in seven starts. He has got to come back and be ready to go. Blake Snell made one start, win three innings before going back on the injured the list with the loose bodies in his elbow. When Blake Snell gets back on Tuesday, folks, Blake Snell needs to be Blake Snell from that start moving forward. Cy Young Award winner, dominant left handed pitcher, he should be rested and ready to go. He should be as fresh as it is April first, starting the season. And for the guys who have carried this rotation, Yamamoto, Robleski, Eric Lower the last two and a half months, and in particular Robleski, Justin Robleski has literally helped carry this team and this rotation with the injuries to the big paid, superstar arms that the Dodgers have. So now that Snell is back and class now is a few weeks away from coming back, time for Justin Robleski to pass the Batona say tag, you're it boys. Time for you guys to now carry us. Time for the two of you to come in the final seven weeks of the season and be dominant, put up zeros, keep us in games. You know what I did the first half of the season. This reminds me a lot of a few years ago with Gavin Stone and going out there every five days like he did in twenty twenty four, making twenty plus starts, and when his name was called, he went out there and pitched, and he pitched his butt off so much so it got to Labor Day weekend in twenty twenty four and his arm literally fell off and he couldn't pitch the rest of September or all of October. And he's just now pitching in TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City, seven hundred days since he last pitched. That's how much he gave to this Dodgers team in twenty twenty four. Go back to what twenty twenty two and the catman Tony gonsolin what he did pitching for the Dodgers, taking the ball even when he had a dead arm. Tony Gonsolm was never the same pitcher after that. Those guys, when asked to go and pitch and carry the rotation and pitch for the Dodgers every five days, did it when they were sore, when they weren't feeling good, and it costs those guys injuries. Now that Justin Robleski has basically done that here in twenty twenty six, it's time for these two guys, Glass now and Blake Snell combined seven starts eight starts between them. It's time for these guys to now carry this rotation. It's time for Glass now when he comes back and Snell on Tuesday, to say, all right, boys, I got it here. Let me help you out, Yamamoto, let me help you out, Robleski. You guys have done a great job carrying this rotation. Eric Lauer, appreciate it, buddy, been great since you came over in May. I'm here to help you. The Calvary is coming to help out this Dodgers rotation. That's how it's got to be. These guys have to be ready and have to come back dominant because they're not only paid to be dominant, but the back of their baseball card says they've either won Cy Young's in the case of Blake Snell, or have been really good when healthy in the case of Tyler Glass. Now over the course of their ten years in the baseball eight six six, nine eighty seven to two. Will take a quick time out. We'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls. We'll hear from, of course the manager, Dave Roberts as well. Dodgers lose in Arizona four to two to the Diamondbacks. As the Dodgers drop two of three in Chase Field, they go one and five on this road trip. We'll take your phone calls, we'll hear from the manager when we turn here on Dodger Talk on an FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodger fans, this is Tommy Edmond. You're listening to the home of the back to back world champion Dodgers on and five seventy LA Sports. Dodger Talk continues on this hot Sunday afternoon. Hope you're staying cool wherever you may be. As the Dodgers offensively, it cooled off. Overall, they have cooled off. They have now dropped fifteen their last twenty four, going back to right before the All Star break. They have to go one in five on this road trip. After getting swept in Chicago by the Cubbies in three games, they come to the Desert and drop two of three to the Diamondbacks, a four to two loss. Today. Eduardo Rodriguez, a season high nine strikeouts, gets the win. He's now eleven and four. Justin Robleski gets the loss. He couldn't get out of the fourth inning, gave up his ninth home run and his last three starts. He falls to eleven and four on the season as the Dodgers now a seven and a half game lead in the NL West. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Medello Modello the mark of a final well here from the manager Dave Roberts coming up in just a couple of minutes. Tristan and Michigan start things off here on this Sunday on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Tristan?
Speaker 3: Not bad with two weeks school well making this how we anticipated home debut tomorrow and Blake's now returning Tuesday. Can the offense do enough to en should these a week arms actually get run support?
Speaker 2: I hope, so, Tristan, I hope. So this is a Dodgers team. Over the last couple of years, we've seen Yamamoto go out there and been the victim of no run support, even though he'll go out there and pitch six seven innings and you know, give up no runs or one run or two runs. Keep this Dodger team in the game and just the victim of no run support while other guys have gone out there and got a ton of run support. Jusse Robleski has been the recipient of a lot of run support this year. I appreciate the phone call, tryst and we'll find out and hopefully a return home a Dodger Stadium for a week, you know, and not having to get back up on the road like they have been seems like, you know, this second half of this season, I mean the nine games and ten days on the road, you come back home for a quick six game homestand and then you're back out on the road for six games without a day off. After that Sunday night game against the Red Sox, I mean, then twenty four hours later, you're already in Chicago playing a start of a three game set. They had a day off in Arizona on Thursday. I fully thought that would wake things up for the Dodger offense. I fully thought that off day in the hot sun of Arizona, where they were enjoying the nice cool air indoors or the pool outside, just getting away from baseball in Arizona on Thursday would be something that would kind of catapult this team into a weekend series against the Diamondbacks. And it just really didn't. They scored seven runs in three games, and today, you know, they fell behind for nothing. Justin Robleski struggled the Dodgers offense. Run here, run there, made it a four to two game in the six but you know, hit into another double play with the leadoff runner getting on base. Freddy Freeman hits into a double play to really you know, deflate the inning. So not a lot of opportunities for this Dodgers offense. And you hope a return home to Uniclo Field, the Dodgers Dadium, having Trek Scouble on the mound and Blake Snell returning on Tuesday, those guys can put up zeros and at the same time, the Dodgers offense could give them some run support because the Dodgers pitchers, you know, you look at the back of their jerseys and it says Schooble and it says Snell, and you see Cy Young Awards, and you know, you see dominance and Yamamoto. You know, these guys are really good. It's the best rotation in baseball, hands down. But they still got to get some run production in order to win games. And it just seems like losing fifteen of the last twenty four we haven't seen it very often where the offense is there, the defense is there, and the pitching is all there. When it is, they win games. And that's how they've been successful the last couple of seasons. Really good defense, smart base running, timely hitting, and pitching. That's been their recipe. That's the recipe to win games for everybody but the Dodgers. We've seen sloppy base running. We've seen some bad defense, extending innings, extending plays, and that leads to more runs, that leads to crooked numbers from the other team, and then that turns out to be losses. Blake, my guy, Colorado, Welcome to Dodger Talk. Blake. Certainly, certainly not the road trip the Dodgers had wanted going one in five. Oh gross, what's up, Blake?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you forgot about Bobby Millow. It's who we have a lot of business down now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, benk Asparius, Gavin Stone, Bobby Miller, They've all pitched in the last couple of days. Gavin Stone, to me is the big question mark. If he can come back and build up to a couple of innings, maybe you found something, but again it's going to be a numbers issue. Blake. When everybody assume gets help healthy, and again we assume once Blake Snell's back, he's gonna be good to go the rest of the year. Tyler Glass. Now a few weeks after that, these guys are here for the rest of the year. So barring injuries, there's just not a lot of room in the rotation anymore. And there's not gonna be a lot of wiggle room for the bullpen. So you know, there's the old game of musical chairs, Blake. There's only so many chairs for so many people. Somebody's gonna get left out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tough lots for the Dodgers. Do you think the Dodters just call up somebody from to blate just stop still offense?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know who is. I mean, it's a good question, Blake. When you look at this Dodgers roster, you know, all these guys any team in baseball would love to have in their lineup, you know, from all Stars and Paz to future Hall of Famers and Freeman and Betts to the second highest paid player in baseball and Kyle Tucker to mister reliable Max Munsey to Keiky Hernandez mister October. I mean, this is a lineup that other teams around baseball would love to have any one of these Dodger hitters. So to look down into Triple A and say what is down there that is better that the Dodgers already have at the major league level. You know, maybe a guy like James Tibbs, the third can provide a spark. But outside of Tibbs, I don't know if there's a hitter that's electric enough that can come up and just provide that spark. This is already a just a dynamic roster and a lineup that they throw out there every day. With a guy named Shoeotani leading off, and you know Max Munsey hitting seventh or eighth in ta Oscar Hernandez hitting seventh or eighth. I mean it is already deep, Blake. I don't know who else could help this team, but he.
Speaker 4: Can cut the Asco Hernandez and in the Arizona sil he did nothing for us.
Speaker 2: That is a great point by you, Blake. He went oh for three today with three strikeouts, now hitting two forty nine on the season with just eleven home runs. He went one for four on the game last night, and he went oh for four with two strikeouts on Friday nights. So yeah, not a great weekend series. In fact, you go back to two of the three games he was also hit list in Chicago, the series opener, he went to for fourth. That home run that he hit into Waveland Avenue there behind Wrigley Field, you're right, he didn't do much this weekend, Blake, You're right about that, boss. What do else you got?
Speaker 4: Are not doing great?
Speaker 2: No, they're not. They got to turn it around and hopefully the Kansas City Royals are the team the Dodgers can feast on and get right and get ready for this big four game series against the Brewers beginning on Thursday. Blake. I appreciate the phone call as always great to hear your voice. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card. Just visit a FI seventy la sports dot com with the keyword home run into your name and you could win that easy. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. Isabelle and Anaheim. Hi is he? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Julie? Has you ask me how I'm doing? Now? Hi? I don't know what to say. I'm just I don't know. Is so depressed?
Speaker 2: What's frustrating you the most? Isabelle? Is it the hitting? Is it a player? Is it? Everything? What's bothering you the most? About this Dodgers team?
Speaker 5: Everything? Everything? And let me get Kioskar. I love the guy. But the seventeen three three pitches strikeout that was really unnecessary. Tioscar, I love somebody, guy, give me. I just wanted to spread the team right now, you know I would so EdWay. But yeah, I'm did everything. But it was nineteen you on Friday. Team, it was nineteen you, guys.
Speaker 2: I was seeing you on Friday and you got to meet Sean Green. That was cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and thank you for the pitchers too, and spec if anything, specifan send it to my friends. They were all killing me. But anyway, it's okay.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: What, you know what. The Dodgers be fine though, but just selfless maybe, so I just can't well, I guess we expected. I'm trying to win this championships. I guess we expected. So I don't know. I don't know what to say, all right.
Speaker 2: I hear you, I hear you. I feel your frustration, and I know Dodger fans are right there with you. Well, thanks for the phone call. We'll talk to you soon. Dodgers lose to the Diamondbacks. Forwarded to Dodger frans frustrated. Interesting to hear Freddy Freeman's comments in the clubouts show not too concerns the ups and downs of the season. I get it, but the sample size is starting to get a little bigger than just a series or a road trip or a two week stretch. The Dodgers one and five on this road trip, lost eight of their last nine. They are sub five hundred since the All Star break at nine and twelve. You go back to the three games before the All Star break in which they got swept at a home by the Diamondbacks. You include those three games. The Dodgers have dropped fifteen of their last twenty four. I imagine somebody who's just as frustrated as Dodger fans as the manager, Dave Roberts. Let's head back out to Phoenix and get the postgame thought to the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 6: Well, the bullpen was fantastic. I thought they gave us a chance. We had, you know, a few guys that we wanted to stay away from, so to see what they did today. Like I said, they gave us a chance to one a baseball.
Speaker 1: Game, justin to start this one. What are you continuing to see from him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I think obviously there was a lot of hard contact. I don't think that he had command of his pitches. There were some balls up that I recall, you know, the double from Moreno misfire on the Marte homer, and just again some balls hit pretty hard and the pitch count got up quickly, and then you know that fourth inning or to see the velocity dip down and just felt right there, you know, to give us a chance in that game, we had to you know, start the carousel.
Speaker 2: The first couple of things just looked like you might have had a double play ball in the first and then obviously Robleski's in the crown.
Speaker 6: Well, Robleski, Yeah, that's a play that he's got to make. And then the other one was you know, I guess you can put it in the category of a heady play by Perdomo because he was running inside the baseline. Freddie made a great throw and then he crossed Mookie's eyesight going to the outside the bag. So it was one of those very weird play but it's not obstruction. But you know, next time, I think we just got to just you know, throw through because you know, it wasn't impeding, but it sort of was intentional.
Speaker 7: Freddy said that there's no concern in there, and I would say there's a spectrum between panic and concern. Where would you be on that spect from right now?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't think there's concern. We've still got a really good ball club. They're certainly not panic. I think for us, it's just finding a way to win, win a game, and win consistently. And I think that's the focus versus you know, what type of emotions you're feeling. That doesn't it's just not helpful anyway, regardless, And.
Speaker 7: I think stended stretch, we nine to fifteen in the last twenty four, twenty one, twenty one in the last forty two. Why aren't you playing the kind of baseball you're capable?
Speaker 6: I think it's just when you're losing, like we're losing, it's always a combination. It's some days it's the starters, some days it's the relievers, some days it's the offense. And when you can sync those up, you have a better chance to win. And when you don't, which we haven't in that kind of expansive time you talked about, you lose more than you win, and so yeah, we're certainly not playing up to our capabilities.
Speaker 2: All right, there's a match of Dave Roberts, echoing what I just said a few minutes ago. You know, it's some days it's starting pitching that's really good. Some days, starting pitching has not been very good. The other days it's been the bullpen then has been the problem. Some days it's the lack of offense, and that's been the issue. When the Dodgers are lacking one or two or three of those, they're not winning games. But when they put it all together, good defense, timely hitting, and good pitching, they're winning baseball games. And that's a secret. You know, it's not really it's a secret at all. Actually, when you do those things, you're gonna win games more times than not. As Dave Roberts said, And unfortunately, the Dodgers' offense has been up and down, the Dodgers starting pitching has been up and down. And when the starting pitching has been there, the bullpen hasn't been there. When the bullpen's been there, the starting pitching hasn't been there. So, yeah, Dave Roberts, echoing everything I just said just a few minutes ago here on Dodger Talk. All right, that's gonna wrap things up here. Thanks to call. They saw you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. Certainly a frustrating afternoon for the Boys in Blue as they wrap up a one to five road trip. They got swept in all three games in Chicago, and they dropped two to three in the Desert to the Arizona Diamondbacks, including today falling to the Snakes four to two, and Wardo Rodriguez strikes out of season high nine to get the win. He wins seven innings, Justin Robleski gets touched up by the home run ball again, could not get out of the fourth inning three and two thirty three to a third, four runs, six hits, a home run. He gets. The loss is the Dodgers faul to seventy and forty eight, But the good news back home tomorrow to start a seven game homestand and the lowly Kansas City Royals come to town for a three game series. Turks Google gets to start Blake Snell scheduled to come off the injured list finally on Tuesday night. Eric Lauer, another left tender, scheduled to go on Wednesday night. All three games against Kansas City at seven to ten out at Uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. We'll get our cover start tomorrow at six pm with Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck after the Petros and a money show. Have a great, safe rest of your Sunday afternoon and evening. So long, everybody,