Speaker 1: All right back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: It is nine oh eight. This is Dan Carroll. It is the Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. And can get the microphone straightened up here? It's a kind of kind of Cabby Wampus right now, there we go. That's a little bit better. Joe Waldell, can you hear me better now that I got the mic straightened up? Yeah, he's a Joe Waldell's running the big board. Joe, let's open the phone lines five, one, three, seven, four, nine hundred the Big One. No guests this first half hour. My buddy d W. Wilber is going to be here in the in the next half hour. This is my guy who is my my terrorism and national security consultant, and he'll be discussing what took place between Hamas and Israel this this past week. Joe, I don't have this next guest on the guest list. I've just got confirmation literally thirty seconds before I came on the air that Daniel Greenfield, a front page magazine, will be here in the ten o'clock hour at ten oh five. And then a new guest, someone I haven't had on before. Ann Vandersteel, who is the co founder of the American Maid Foundation. This is a conservative think tank. She has a lot of conservative credentials out there. But she'll be here and I want to find out what they're all about. That'll be a ten thirty five. So some good guests coming up in the meantime, though, A word on the street right now is that the Cincinnati Police Chief has worn out her welcome. Things are not looking good for the council members at city Hall. Our city manager is an absolute disgrace. So Teresa Thigi is probably going to take the fault. Tricia Mackie says at Fox nineteen that she has a source close to the chief who has confirmed to her that the chief has been asked to resign.
Speaker 1: I have sources that are.
Speaker 2: Telling me the writing is on the wall that the chief, who may or may not be on her way back, or she may have arrived already, but she was attending a conference in Denver, and while she was in Denver, she was asked to return to Cincinnati. And when that happens, anyone listening to me right now who's been fired from a job before, When they call for you and they tell you to come into the office that ain't good. So Figi has apparently worn out her welcome. And you know what, Look, when you've got crime that is running rampant, someone's going to pay the price for And we have we have a police chief who I think in her early days was more worried about DEI kind of stuff, about political correctness, kind of stuff, about touchy feely looking good kind of stuff, rather than doing the hard work and having police officers who wanted to be in the business of fighting crime. We certainly have a mayor and a city council who don't give a rip about fighting crime. But now that we're getting close to the election, Aftab's got to start start throwing some haymakers because I think Corey Bowman is nipping at his heel. Look, I don't know what the polls say when it comes to the mayor race here in Cincinnati, but I think Corey Bowman is gaining a lot of ground and Aftab has got to do something that is going to make him look like he's at least paying attention. I mean, the guys had a lot of unforced airs. You know, when you've got people on the street who are getting their heads used like a soccer ball and it makes national news and then you elect not to show up. You come to you show up at a city council meeting or a community meeting through a zoom call and you say, and you know you put you use your five year old boy as a shield to say, well, it's our last it's our last chance to get away before kindergarten starts. Are you kidding me? And we're supposed to take Aftab seriously? I saw him on the debate tonight on Channel twelve. That was the first question they talked about, and he gave some lame excuse. The crime comes because of poverty, and so he's investing more money in new housing and stuff like that. What a bunch of mumbo jumbo an Aftab appears to be letting. You know, he's not using so much hair color, so he's got more gray in his hair these days. Maybe trying to, you know, create the patina of some gravitas there. I don't know, but that's what I see. But look, when it comes to Fiji, she didn't help herself. When a couple of nights ago there was a shooting that took place on Fountain Square and some criminal punk some fat slob pulls a gun out of his waistband and fire shots into a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Here's what the chief said about that cut number one.
Speaker 3: And so my message to everybody learn how to behave in our city, but especially learn how to behave in our downtown and our Fountain Square. And our officers will approach you if you start to behave disorderly on Fountain Square, because these things sometimes start as a minor altercation and then evolve into something bigger. So do not come down town, especially on Fountain Square, if you don't know how to behave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fiji didn't do herself any favors when she let that gem slip, did she?
Speaker 1: Our officers will approach you.
Speaker 2: Really, if you pull a gun from your waistband and fire willy nilly into a place of business on Fountain Square, you're going to get approached by officers.
Speaker 1: Learn how to behave before you come downtown.
Speaker 2: That is really going to put the fear of God into some of these criminals. And let me tell you, there are hardened criminals and juveniles out there who are committing crimes tonight that will go in front of a judge tomorrow and be back out on the street before the Bengals football game kicks off tomorrow night. A robbery suspect under arrest. Cincinnati police say he punched and maced a Cincinnati officer who is working on security detail at a Kroger store. James Wooten, thirty seven years old, want of Hills. He was in court earlier today and I am told that he posted one hundred dollars bill, threw down a hundo and walked out of the Justice center earlier tonight. While crime runs rampant and Cincinnati criminals are now assaulting officers simply doing their job. Meanwhile, all we hear from city Hall is about curfews. And this is what Ken Kober had to say to Fox nineteen earlier tonight. He says, judges have to step up and protect the citizens they were elected to serve. Well, is that what our judges are doing. This guy is a hardened criminal, stole one hundred and twelve dollars of worth of consumable goods from the grocery store and then call serious physical harm to an officer and the Kroger security guard. So in the city of Cincinnati, you can walk into a Kroger store steal goods and cause physical, serious physical harm. And I'm told that the security guard, either the security guard or the police officer was sprayed with some chemical irant it by this hardened criminal, James Wooton, thirty seven years old. You can see a picture m on Fox nineteen and then in less than twenty four hours you'll be free to go if you throw down one hundred dollar bill. Absolutely amazing. We have we literally have no justice system here in Hamilton County that treats in a serious way hardened criminals in the city of Cincinnati. It is an absolute joke. Ken and Mason. What's going on? I'm really fired up tonight.
Speaker 4: Man, you sure are? I agree with everything you said. You know, this situation with the judges is getting crazy. You know, Donald Trump just had another federal judge, small time judge, trying to stop him from letting people go from the federal government. Last time I heard, judges had nothing to do with what a president does in terms of who he hires, who he lets go. I thought there was something called separation of powers. It doesn't seem to exist in this country.
Speaker 2: The judges we have in Hamilton County are an absolute disgrace. Then the mayor we have is an absolute disgrace. The city manager we have is an absolute three. Every member of Cincinnati City Council is an absolute disgrace. Af tab Purval is talking about, Oh, well, we're going to put swat teams on Fountain Square, We're going to have an earlier curfew. Did you read about the curfew that they passed earlier this summer. I mean that thing's got more holes than if in Swiss cheese. If you're downtown and they say, and the and the curfew that they passed says that you know, if you if you're under the age of eighteen, and it's you know what the curfew hour is, like eleven twelve o'clock midnight, and you tell police officers, I'm on my way to church or I'm on my way to work, Well, they got to let you go. If you're with another adult, doesn't have to be a parent. In Reguardian, you know, I can say, hey, I'm with Ken from Mason over here. He's over the age of eighteen. They can't do anything to you. What a bunch of crap. And now you talk and now you want to talk about curfews. I mean Corey Bowman. God bless them. Corey Bowman need to look the guy. I watched the debate tonight at Channel twelve, and by the way, the crew that hosted that debate over at Channel twelve, you are the most lifeless bunch I have ever seen on TV. I mean, boring as could be, but I sat through it. I wanted to see how Corey Bowman did. Look he's not he's not a politician, he's not a TV guy. He's rough around the edges, but he got his message out. Then af tab Purball is sitting there talking about we got to invest in housing, we got to throw money at the problem, we got to spend money on unemployment.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. How many times have we.
Speaker 2: Heard that same crap from political leaders in this town and elsewhere across the Democrats spectrum.
Speaker 4: Caving in to their voting base. Their voting base does not want police to arrest people. They don't want judges, of course, anybody of anything. And that's what they're they're cow selling to these people. Don't want law and order this country. Was Billboi.
Speaker 2: He said in that sound by that place, he said, it starts as minor crimes. Well, you mean minor crimes are are are are excused in Cincinnati. You're not allowed You're not allowed to arrest someone for a minor crime in Cincinnati. And then they and what and so you let these minor crimes go, and then these people get more in bold and they guess what, they turn into major crimes and people wind up dead. That's what happened. People wind up like Holly who get who gets?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, Mike Tyson sucker punched on the streets of Cincinnati. You get other people who are on the streets and have their heads us like soccer balls, and it makes national news when you let that kind.
Speaker 1: Of stuff that go. This is the kind of stuff that you get.
Speaker 4: I'm told these sixteen seventy year old kids can get a gun for twenty bucks. You know, you go to a gun store, you certainly can't get guns for fifteen twenty bucks. But these kids are getting them anytime they need the I mean, this is something twenty years of Dango Dan, no one could have assumed the number of sixteen year old kids killing each other. I mean, it's just I don't they have no conception of death and they have no conception about killing people. This is what a democratic way of life becomes with the Democrats.
Speaker 2: And she's talking about she's talking about, oh, you better behave, you better behave. If you're going to come down to Cincinnati, Well, where are they going to learn how to behave? They're going to learn that at home? Are their parents going to teach them how to behave? Are their parents so well behaved that they allow their kids to run out on the streets all night on a school night, at eleven at eleven o'clock at night or midnight or one or two o'clock in the morning on a Tuesday or a Wednesday night. Are these the people that are going to teach them how to behave?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: They're certainly not. I mean, they have no family structure anymore. Day and Father's Day is the most confusing day of the year. Unfortunately, for thousands and thousands of kids, there is no family structure. And that's where this problem begins. You know, everything they've promoted, the welfare and you know, Medicaid and everything else, you know, paying these women to have more and more babies out of wedlock. That's what this what it devolves into. What we're seeing right now, This is an absolute mess, and getting rid of Thieji, I don't know that that's going to solve any problem, you know, Dan, you can remember, how.
Speaker 2: Does some dude, how does some dude with violent felonies as a juvenile and for as an adult walk into a Kroger store steal a bunch of stuff and on the way out he calls a serious injury to the security guard and to a Cincinnati police officer who's working a detail there or responding to the call for help.
Speaker 1: How does that dude jack.
Speaker 2: Up and injure a security guard and a police officer and then find himself back out on the street in less than twenty four hours?
Speaker 1: How does that.
Speaker 4: Happen under this kind of administration?
Speaker 1: Happens all the time, And we're dealing.
Speaker 4: With the administration that's had six people go to jail the last ten years Perceft, you know, lying about everything being bribed. I mean, that's the kind of people they elect. They've elected two people to council Dan, it didn't even have jobs. They were unemployed people. They've elected many officials that don't have a college education. I mean it's insane.
Speaker 2: Well, looks not going to shed any tears over Teresa Thigi resigning as as the chief of Cincinnati Police. But the problem is a lot different than the person who wears the hat of the chief.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine.
Speaker 2: Can you can you imagine what that list looks like in the city Manager's office of who the next police chief ought to be or who's going to be the interim chief? Can you imagine what a clown show that's going to look like? Ken, we got to run.
Speaker 1: Ken. Thanks for the call, man, I appreciate it. I do all right, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Ver.
Speaker 2: Let's get one more in here. We only got a couple of minutes. Bill and Westwood, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: Agree with you?
Speaker 6: On saw a flash from the Business Cincinnati Business and Courier said that police she FIGI is gone.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 6: She was a little bit in shock after the Fountain Square shootings. Wasn't her best moment, but she was She's being thrown under the bus. We're doing what she was told to do. She was told not to prosecute, not to have the police actively go after criminals. They haven't done any of that. I was at the town hall meeting at the church over on Tennessee Avenue last night. Listen to a coliothy of you know, accusations of of racism, how there's not enough money spent on the schools. There are all kinds of people there representing their in g os and uh nonprofits wanting more money, wondering why the cities not spending more money on the schools when it's actually the state that does that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I said tonight during the debate, is you know, we need more investments, need to spend some more money on getting these punk's jobs and getting more housing, better housing for everyone.
Speaker 6: I was talking to Brandon Nixon, who's a very fine candidate for Cincinnati City Council and someone I've already voted for, and we both agree that if you could throw money at this problem, it would have been taken care of a long time ago. It's got to start with rebuilding families, rebuilding the value of life, and to have the police do what they have to do, regardless of them.
Speaker 2: You know that when but when it comes to this mayor, he hasn't done diddley squat about crime and Cincinnati the entire time he's been in office. It's only been the last couple of months he's decided to give a little lip service, you know, put a proposal here or something there talking about, you know, wanting to extend the curfew. But you know what if he gets through the election, if he gets you know, through this election cycle, and he goes back to the mayor's office, you know what he's going to do about crime, then absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing. I know what city council is going to do about it? Then absolutely nothing? Bill, Bill, I gotta go. You got ten seconds, Bill. I appreciate all right, Bill, we gotta run. Bill, Thank you very much for the phone call. The police chief is worn out or welcome and I don't be don't be gaslighted or allow yourself to be gaslighted for one second when they come and talk about it's it's time for a new strategy, time for a new day. No, it's called the election is coming up in a few weeks. Nine twenty six. Dan Carroll seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: It's nine forty. This is Dan Carroll. This is the Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. And one of my favorite guests that that I have on the show is d W.
Speaker 1: Wilbur Uh.
Speaker 2: He is a former intelligence officer served under cover with the Uh, the c I a Department of Defense, worked in Western Europe, worked in the Middle East. Uh, he's been to a rock, he's written a book about uh about the the the police called in the Shadow of the Storage the bag Dad Police Academy. I mean, the guy has done and been there and done that. And d W Wilber, great to have you back on the show. You know, I told you the other night that I've I've read a lot of Tom Clancy books, and I said, I said, you've lived it. And then you you sort of you sort of shut me down a little bit. But I mean from my perspective, man, I mean, you've been there, You've done all that. And uh. You know, I think with uh, with with what Trump did this past week. Uh, I mean maybe people are getting a little peak at how some of that stuff goes down.
Speaker 1: What do you say, Well, first of all, thanks for having as.
Speaker 5: Far as Tom Clancy goes, just a lot of miles, Okay, the mileage is a big thing. I've got a lot of miles behind.
Speaker 2: Me, a lot of trade craft, a lot of miles come home. You know what I'm talking about. But d W let me ask you this. Uh in the world that we live in, and you know, in the world that will be here long after you and I are both gone. Will can there can there be reality? Can peace be a reality in the Middle East?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What in your estimation has to happen for there to be really be peace in the Middle East? And I mean maybe maybe maybe what Trump has done is going to take hold, It's going to take root, it's going to bear fruit. Maybe it will best case scenario, God willing, that is what happens. But I mean, you know, this problem has been around a lot longer than you and I have been around, and it'll probably be around a lot lot longer after we're both going.
Speaker 5: What do you say, Well, I mean, you know, a me and I offer only my hopefully educated opinion. But the only solution to the problem really is is the Hamas has to be gone period. I mean, Hamas will never ever relinquish control nor give up their weapons. First of all, nobody wants them off. They've got nowhere else to go. Now the Arab countries want them. They know they're nothing but trouble. So Amas has nowhere to go.
Speaker 4: So what I mean, where are they're going to go?
Speaker 5: They're not going to go anywhere. They're going to stay there, and they're going to keep you know, doing the same thing that.
Speaker 1: They've been doing.
Speaker 5: Uh, they will regroup, resupply themselves. Obviously, their their sponsor, Iran has has its own difficulties now, but Iran certainly isn't changing its tunes. So the Iranians will find a way to get material l and munitions and weapons of that to into Gaza. Uh. They're they're not gonna you know, they're not going to give up. It's as simple as that. So it can to be peace. I think that really. I think a lot of Palestinians want They're tired of it. They're tired of everything. They're tired of the war and that, and they might be amenable to having Trump come in with his bulldozers and and turn the you know, the Gaza Strip into you know the Mediterranean Shangri La or whatever. But uh, but it's not going to happen as long as.
Speaker 1: The bosses around, you know.
Speaker 2: I see this story that Hamas public publicly executed at least seven men on Monday as the terror group moves to reassert control over the Gaza Strip. They accused these individuals of working with Israeli forces.
Speaker 1: Uh, they they bound them, put.
Speaker 2: Them in and out right, you know, in front of one hundreds and hundreds of people, right in the middle of the street, and then put her around from an AK forty seven in the back of their skulls. I mean, the only thing they understand is brutality. And I'm looking at the twenty point Plan of President Trump, and point number thirteen reads Hamas and other factions agree not to have any role in the governance of Gaza, directly, indirectly, or in any form. All military, terror and offensive infrastructure, including tunnels, weapons, and production facilities, will be destroyed and not be rebuilt. I don't know about you, but I don't know. I mean, look, this thing's got a lot of moving parts to it. I hope that step number we get to step number thirteen. I hope it happens, But I don't know how it happens, do you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I mean you know, I mean, obviously Trump's to be commanded for uh putting together an actual plan, because there's been a plan. Yeah, there hasn't been a plan of any sort for decades. You know, it's uh nobody Uh, I thought I found his humorous at Uh. Uh, Anthony blinkoln and uh is trying to claim that that they laid the groundwork and the roadmap for this. I mean, that's that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Where is the Where has he produced the Biden Plan on uh on peace in the Middle East?
Speaker 1: That have we seen a copy of that anywhere?
Speaker 5: No, as I said, there was no there has been no plan. So I mean in that regard, Trump has a lot to be you know, to be given credit for. But as you said, there's a lot of moving parts, there's a there's a long way to go, but the the ultimate sticking point is going to be Hamas. Hamas is not going to give up control. They're not going to give up again. It comes down to the fact that they've got nowhere else to go. I mean, that is that is one. You know, Jordan doesn't want them, Egypt doesn't want them, Saudi Arabia, none of the Middle Eastern countries want them. They know that they're nothing but trouble. So Uh, They're they're going to fight to the bitter end. So the solution, as far as I'm concerned, is, you know, is the military solution. It's going to be taking a mass out down to the very last band, because that's that's what it's going to take to get rid of the moss and then give peace a chance in the in the guys the strip and and give you know, the Palestinians a hopeful future.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so apparently Katar was a major player in in this, in this deal getting done, then Katar is where the leadership of Hamas lives in abject luxury? Is it is it possible that that Trump got a hold of the leadership of Hamas and said, look, if if we have to to get involved in this, then you know, you folks right here are going to be the first ones taken out. And if if they've agreed to assigned onto what, you know, whatever the peace agreement is between them and Israel. And do the Hamas leaders have any control over the rank and file of the you know, the ones that you know, the blood thirsty ones who are on the street with the headbands on and the face coverings and the h and the automatic weapons.
Speaker 5: Well, well, first of all, I think you should have said that lived as pastens, because did we take out a bunch of a mosque leadership and cutter not too long ago? I think Israeli's kind of took care of part of the problem anyway, they did, no, I, uh, you know, You've got the one thing you have to consider too, is is a lot of these Hamas groups or individuals in in Gaza, they're operating independently, you know. They they may be their overall authority may be Hamas, but they're in the actors. They're they're small groups of that that are that are working independently of any any real governance. And uh so what these individuals and Cutter might say, a lot of that never even makes it back to the people on the ground in Gaza, you know. And and I don't think it would have much influence on them anyway, because they you know, again they they had their own you know, agenda, in their own way of thinking. So again, the problem, the only solutions of the problem is is you know, getting rid of Hamas. And uh, I don't know how that's going to happen, because you know, we are reluctant to put our own boots on the ground. I think what's going to have to happen is the Arab nations are going to have to put boots on the ground and go after them, and I think we're a few steps away from that yet, but I think that that could actually happen. It's just going to be a matter of of time. They want to give this, this twenty point plan a chance and see if it works. I'll tell you right now. You know, I told you before that I have, you know, good friends in Jordan who are well placed, and Jordans and the other Arab countries are set up. They do not want they want this problem style. They want it over sure, and so I think that they might step up when it comes to putting boots on the ground.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump's certainly made it clear that they're going to step up in terms of putting some money where it needs to go. But you sent me a text on Monday that that piqued my interest, and you talked about on top of bringing the Israeli hostages home, President Trump just took back the Middle East from China. How can you explain that? How was that so?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: You know, the one thing about the Arabs is they respect strength, uh, and they respect someone that they feel that they can trust. And they feel that they can trust Donald Trump. They don't trust the Chinese, but they're you know, they have been leaning towards China the last four years because we had no leadership in Washington, d C. Under the Biden administration. Uh, now that they see Trump back, they trust in for one thing, they think he's a man of his word. That they can they respect that they can they can trust that that he's going to follow through with what he says. He shows them respect, and that's a big that's a big thing. You know. They they you know, want to feel that they are uh, you know respected in the and they're not the third world anymore that you know, we throw that term around the third world, and that you know, they consider themselves to be you know, active participants in in in everything that's going on, and they want to be treated as such and respected. And Trump gives them that and they respect Trump has by virtue of him even just being in office, but much less the fact that he's taken such a leadership role in trying to solve the guys you know problem as well as you know, show again the respect by visiting them at least that you know, one of his first trips was was to the Middle East when he was president, So you know, he has gained their respect and as such, China has lost, you know, because they again they didn't respect China, they didn't trust China. Now they've got somebody in the White House that they feel they can deal with, who's going to respect them and they can make his trustworthy. So so China's loves out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What what did you make of the way Trump delivered that speech to the Kanesse the other day and then right after that he jumps on a plane and he was really running the show there in Egypt when they had the signing ceremony and all the rest of that. What did you make of of of the way those events were portrayed on television?
Speaker 5: Well, it just it just showed the Arab world. It showed the Israelis. You know that he is is certainly a starch alliant friend of Israel, but it showed the Arab world that this guy is in charge, this guy knows what he's doing. Uh, he is in charge, and we have a leader in Washington, d C. Once again.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: And they are you know, they are at least hopeful for the next three and a half years. You know that that they've got someone that they can rely upon. And they just showed you he's strong. You know he's strong leadership, and the Arabs respect that well.
Speaker 2: Peace through strength, d W. Wilber, Peace through strength. And you know they Trump ran on making America strong again. And I think if if these folks in the Middle East see that America is strong and they have a leader who has the courage and the political will to use that power and that strength in a meaningful way, then maybe that'll be enough to see this through.
Speaker 5: Well, let's hope, so, you know it would be it would certainly be good for the you know, not just the Middle East, but for the entire world.
Speaker 2: All right, you right, columns on townhall dot com. You got anything in the works coming up anytime soon. I'm working on something. Hopefully in the next couple of days. We'll we'll have something sent off to them and we'll see where it goes from there.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 2: We'll I'll encourage everyone to go to town hall dot com and look up the things, the great stuff you've written in the past, and DW as always really appreciate the time and your insight, and look at a twenty point plan. I don't know why, you know, I think we're on point number one or three right now. Well, maybe four, and they talk about point number five is talking about all the hostages being released, and you know then within what happens after that. So I got a long way to go on that. But we live in historic times, d W Wilbur. I didn't think there would be a chance that you and I would be sitting here talking about peace in the Middle East, but but you know, here we are, and God willing we'll be able to talk about it again before too long. But DW we got to run. And as always, thanks for being a guest on the show, and you take care of yourself. Powell, we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 5: Thank you to take care about it all.
Speaker 2: Right, there you go, d W Wilbur undercover for the CIA. And don't let him fool you when I tell you he's lived those Tom Clancy books. I think he really has. Nine fifty five Dan Carroll till midnight Tonight on the Wednesday Night edition of The Midweek Crisis, seven hundred WLW Back on the Big Ones, seven hundred w LW ten oh nine, Dan Carroll till midnight Tonight, Wednesday Night at edition of the Midweek Crisis. Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. Always great to have you on and always great to have on. My next guest a writer with Front Page Magazine. He's our Front Page mag magazine, call it what you Want. He's also got a book out about Kamala Harris called one hundred and seven Horrible Days, and Daniel Greenfield. Great to have you on again on seven hundred WLW. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: Good? Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Then, thank you, thank you for being here. You know you and I talked.
Speaker 2: I believe it was three or four days after the events of October seventh, twenty twenty three, and here we are on October the fifteenth, twenty twenty five, and at least for the time being, there appears there may be piece between Hamas and Israel, and maybe well you know, there were some killings in Gaza, but maybe the beginning of a peace plan. I'm looking at some of the stuff you put out and and you've got your your differences with the with the Gaza peace plan, but sort of size up where you think things stand right now between with Israel, Hamas and Gaza and in the Middle East in general.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I think we have a pretty good sense of what negotiating with terrorists does and how it tends to work out in the long run. We've had mostiple administrations try and make deals with terrorists. Really, the whole idea of a Palestine and state it has been in America's the longest ongoing nation building project and the muzzle world. It goes back to the first Bush administration, then the Clinton administration, then the Bush administration, the second Bush administration. That's been going on at this point for quite a long time generations. It's never gotten anywhere except we spend a lot of money, We put our prestige on the line, and more terrorism follows, because that's what tends to happen when you do business, when you try to make deals with the slamac tersts. President Trump obviously gets enormous amounts of credit for getting the hostages out. Beyond that, I think any further involvement the Peace Plan ways that the idea of having former British Prime Minister Tony Blair come in and really has this vision where outside investment in democracy is going to fix guys. You know, we had these same ideas in rak and Afghanistan. We spent a lot of money, a lot of lives. A lot of Americans energy and prestige working on this. It didn't produce anything because you have to be realistic about what the people on the ground want. And the people on the ground have made it pretty clear in Poster Poe that they want comas, they want a samic terst I mean, we have to be realistic about that instead of having these fantasies that they want to be just like us, and we just need to spend twenty thirty billion dollars and ten years rebuilding them so they actually come around.
Speaker 2: You know, Trump talks so much about all the cooperation from all the Arab states and you know, all these countries in the Middle East, and and how they're all pretty much on the same page. And then and they're sick and tired of you know, you know, every every time you turn around looking over your sore shoulder constantly, and you know there's there's another terrorist attack or missiles are flying back and forth and things like that. Is is that is that enough?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: To uh this?
Speaker 2: And the thing I've never been able to get my head around is this notion that that Hamas is going to lay down its weapons, not be involved in the governance of this area in any sort of way. And I guess only God knows what is going to happen to these uh to these hardcore, bloodthirsty terrorists. You know, once once the ball gets rolling.
Speaker 5: On this.
Speaker 10: Made it pretty queer. They're not disarming, they're not throwing anything. So I don't know exactly how this is supposed to work out. There's a clause in a peace plan that says we'll be doing a gun buy backs. I know it's something we associate with Detroit to Chicago, but they're talking about gun buybacks and reintegration. I don't know what this exactly means, but I'm kind of worried that we're going to be paying Kamas to turn over their guns and then they turn it over to the guns the police, which turned out to us to be Hamas. So we could be paying a Kameda terrorists to become ahmeda police officer. And that's not such a waal idea because the Clint administration back in the day, that's someday bertire and it turned out that the police world first.
Speaker 2: Well, and we know what Hamas does when whenever anyone gives them money, they engage in even more terrorism and you know, I saw that on Monday that they know, these these Hamas terrorists rounded up individuals some citizens on the street, accused them of working with Israel, and then summarily executed them on the streets. And I may have missed it, Daniel Greenfield, but I'm sure that Rashida Talib and ilhan omar Are and Ocasio Cortes all condemned uh these actions, uh these uh, these these killings on the street by by these Hamas individuals around at the.
Speaker 10: Same time they condemned the uh, you know BLM violence to led to the death of alat of people. You know, you this piece plan calls for some sort of non comask government, but to do that, you actually have to have people who are you know, non Hamas, who are willing to take some kind of responsibility. And Hamas is killing those people. And this completely undermined so ideas. So you're not going to create a non Hamas government unless you're actually prepared to defeat and stop Hamas. And that's the same uh cycle we've been in for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw some video, uh that purportedly came out of the Gaza strip that showed a lot of activity with some uh, some markets, a lot of commerce going on. Uh, people walk freely around the streets.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I guess that there was an upbeat attitude the business was being done, things like that. Is that video fake? Is that what's really going on in the gaza strip right now?
Speaker 10: Remember the videos you've been seeing have been selected all the time, and what you see on the news, which is of course all these videos of devastation are again hand selected by the people on the ground of our famas. The reality is when you actually look at unsold social media, which we only makes the network news or never makes the network news, there are supermarkets and restaurants that have been open all along. There are people that actually are going that have been going all about their lives for the most part somewhat Normally. You don't see that on the news because it doesn't fit the agenda, but you actually do see them on social media because all these people have iPhones, they're all uploading this stuff all the time. And when you look at so when you look at some of us on x you can see those actually being uploaded. Then that's news from the ground rather than from the media.
Speaker 2: Could could the Pope be playing a larger role in this. You wrote a piece about how the Vatican it has created a Muslim prayer room. I guess the Pope has been having some meetings with some Muslim scholars, so the Vatican has created a space where they can carry out their prayers. And you asked the question how many Christian prayer rooms are there in Mecca. So it seems to me that the pope is acquiescing to whatever demands these terrorists are making. But it seems to me that and maybe I'm I'm not looking at this the right way, but it seems to me that a strong pope could play a bigger role in trying to change things for the people in the Middle East.
Speaker 10: Well, the so far Pope Weo has you know, pivoted well to the left and a whole bunch of issues, whether it comes to abortion. You know, on environmentalism, he said that people who are skeptical of global warming people need to undergo an ecological conversion. So, you know, he hasn't said all that much about the Middle East, but domestic policy in the United States, he's talked about support for open borders in the legal aliens, so you know, whatever positions he expresses on the Middle East are going to be I think pretty well to the left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: You also recently wrote a piece about Barack Obama. I mean you talk about uh is someone who I mean know the sizzle coming off of the steak. I don't know if if anyone has lost more sizzle than Barack Hussein Obama. I mean, the library that he's working on in Chicago is turning into a complete mess, and he's showing up on these different podcasts and these different outlets. Is anyone listening to anything that Barack Obama has to say about anything these days?
Speaker 10: He pretty much burned what was aft of his reputation during the election when he bizarrely, I mean, first he tried to upstage Kamala and actually prevent her from becoming the nominee, which might have saved the party, but he failed at that, which shows how what his influence has gotten. Then he knows on the campaign trail and starts telling black men they're racist or sexist, that they don't vote for Kamala. And there's a huge backlash over this, and it just really hammers all the fact that this guy who at one point was practically a cult leader. People were fainting at his rallies. Nobody really pays that much attention to him. So he's starting this bizarre initiative to bring democracy to Poland and Hungary, and of course his version of democracy is electing leftists. So he's sort of burned through, burned out his reputation in the United States, and he's moving on to Eastern Europe. I guess he things people still will care about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are they still getting paid a bunch of money from Netflix? Barack and Michelle? Does that deal still go.
Speaker 4: On production deals with Hollywood?
Speaker 10: They've got Netflix's money, They've got Spotify money, but you know, I think a lot of that's going away pretty soon.
Speaker 1: It's good, it's good. It's good. It's good to be an Obama. Though.
Speaker 2: How about uh Kamala Harris. She's out there now and she's she's on this it got It seems like this book tour has been going on forever. But uh, here's what she's saying now about her status when when she was a candidate, Joe, let's hear cut number six.
Speaker 1: That is decent, but that is a decent resume. But go ahead there.
Speaker 10: Well, some people have actually said I'm i was the most qualified candidate ever to run for president.
Speaker 1: All Right, so there you go, Daniel Greenfield.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris is now telling people that, uh, some have said she was the most qualified candidate to ever run for for president of the United States.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It just to me, she seems a little delusional. When you look at the qualifications of Kamala Harris to be president, what do you see.
Speaker 10: She was also recently claiming that actually the election was really really close and that Trump does not have a mandate. So that's when she decided to enter her own alternate reality and just campaign from there. Who knows, for Democrats, this might actually be a winner, because a bunch of them seem to want to be in this alternate reality in which, you know, the twenty twenty four election never happened. So she's trying to run again in twenty twenty eight. In her campaign platform, will be twenty twenty four never happened. Pretend along with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've written a book, a follow up book to Kamala Harris's memoir called one hundred and seven Horrible Days. So did you actually read her book in order to write your follow up piece on this?
Speaker 1: How did that all come about.
Speaker 10: Well, for my sins, I actually did make my way through the book. And this is a book that you know, her own people should have burned to prevent it from being published, because it's a disaster for her and makes the party hate her even more. And at the same time it shows her to be a petty, thin skin, mean spirited person who completely destroys her own rationale. For all is because she claims that she could didn't stop Joe Biden for money for president because of her loyalty. And yet in the book she repeatedly sores Biden and his people and claims that she was disrespect and they did not give her nearly enough credit for the hard work she was doing, and the hard work in the book that she was doing as apparently meeting with the president of France and she claims to stop the war between American and France, which would be news to you know, Prance and everybody else.
Speaker 2: So in one hundred and seven horrible days, you actually, I guess it takes some of the shine off some of the things that she claims in her book.
Speaker 10: I mean, it really appeels back what was actually going on in the campaign, which is prey of all, she herself, the liberty made this choice to create the one hundred and seven days. This wasn't just something that was thrust on her. She could have stopped it. She chose to let it go on the song because she knew was the only way she would become the nominee. And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 10: Racism played a major role in actually making her the nominee, ironically, because Obama was her biggest hater. But you had actually Congressional Black Caucus and other people coming out and saying we're not going to support anybody else who was not a black woman. And remember, she only got the role in the first place because she was a black woman. So they created this prison for themselves, and they did it because of rape, because they put race ahead of any kind of qualifications, including the ability to actually win an election. And so I tracked where some of the money went, and of course it was going to all the usual places, including campaign consultants and you know pals like Al Sharpton. They burned through a ton of money that to the point that they had no idea where the money was used.
Speaker 2: Billion dollars billion dollars. She spent a billion plus dollars she spent on that campaign. Absolutely amazing, and she really I haven't read the book, but the excerpts that I have read from it, she really doesn't do herself any favors. But yet somehow, I guess she's convinced herself that she's you know, laying the foundation and you know, getting in the groundwork now for another run in twenty twenty eight as a nominee. Do you see any way possible she becomes the nominee of the Democrat Party for twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 10: It's not impossible. I don't think it's the likely asoption because I think the party will throw itself on hand grenades, much like they did with Hillary to stop another camal or run. But it's not entirely impossible because of a number of reasons. First of all, the Democrats have a pretty small talent bench, and it's going to be Newsome and Newsom come up and circling around each other for much of California politics. But Newsomen is going to be out for you know, while he's not going to be governor, which makes him a weaker candidate. Kamala has name recognition to a big chunk of the Democrat Party is black women at this point, particularly in primary elections, and the black women actually come out and vote for her, she's got pretty good outs. And right now most of the Democrat bench consists of white guys, so that's already going to be a big problem. And number three com ou really did not have much of a message in twenty twenty four, was joyed or was hating Trump. But in twenty twenty eight, she's going to have a very compelling message, which is, let's pretend the past election never happened, which a lot of Democrats will be very happy to do them all right.
Speaker 2: Well, if nothing else, she provides comic relief for at least a lot of my show, and as I as I play these various cuts from her out on the trail of her book tour. But Daniel Greenfield, as always, I appreciate the time and appreciate you coming on short notice tonight, and all the best to you, sir. Keep up the great work at Front Page, Meg, and I'll certainly look forward to the next time we get a chance to talk again.
Speaker 10: As always, it's my honor, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, the one and only Daniel Greenfield check him out at Front Page mag I mean, the guy just puts out a ton of stuff every single day and I love having him. On ten twenty five, We've got to get to a break, Dan Carroll the Midweek Crisis Wednesday Night Edition on seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW ten thirty eight, Mid Week Crisis, Wednesday Night Edition. I'm Dan Carroll. Thank you so much for being here. I am glad to be here, and I am also glad to welcome in my next guest. First time I've had this individual on the show. The organization is called American maid Foundation, and my guest is Anne Vandersdeel, who is a co founder of that organization, and am Vandersteele. It is great to have you on seven hundred WLW. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Thanks Dan, Great to be with you.
Speaker 1: Great to be with you.
Speaker 2: Tell me a little bit about American Maide Before today, I had not heard of this particular organization.
Speaker 1: What are you all about?
Speaker 11: Certainly, thank you so much for that opportunity. American Maids Foundation. We're two organizations, Dan. We have a C three which is about education and getting people up to speed on their constitutional rights, not the state funded privileges that our taxpayer funded. We use documentaries to educate people, and we just recently released as well as a book coming out following it called Taken State Sanctioned Kidnapping, and we take a deep look at the Department of Children and Families and Child Protective Services, focusing in on initially in Massachusetts, but this is a nationwide investigation and we're moving into Florida next. We've already had people from the state Senate reach out to us because we have a lot of concerns with respect to the state sanctioned kidnapping being funded again by we the people, when it comes to supposedly protecting children, and what we're really seeing is child trafficking and the unlawful separation, lack of due process, frankly warrantless, you know, true warrantless, missing signature type warrants of families being detained and children being removed. So we've got to get to the bottom of that, and we've got to provide better solutions for families out there that may or may not be in distress. A lot of this has become very subjective based on hearsay, and that just simply can't stand anymore. So, between our foundation and our action arm American Made Action, where we have our United Law Coalition and our Department of Government Accountability, we are holding the people that are perpetrating this against us to the fire and we are launching federal lawsuits in addition to the education piece of it.
Speaker 2: Well, seems like you've got a lot going on, but you're talking about children and the trafficking that was going on. It seemed that that whole issue, especially as it relates to children who are coming in across the border, it seemed that it just reached academic and just ridiculously high numbers under the Biden administration. And I thought to myself, and I talked about it a lot on this radio show, and I thought to myself, why is this story not being reported more? Why are we not seeing more coverage when you talk about three hundred thousand children who come across the border and then wind up not being accounted for in any sort of way by the federal government. And then Tom Homan is out there now and he's talked about how they've already located. I think they're in the neighborhood of thirty or thirty five thousand of these children. But when I think about that, I just think about what an absolutely shameful chapter that's going to be for the United States of America to have allowed that sort of exploitation of children and their families in turn, that was allowed to happen in the United States.
Speaker 11: You know, Dan, it's unconscionable that America, which is you know, we are the shining city on the hill supposed to be. We're the beacon of liberty and freedom for everybody around the world. Our founding father's pens, the most beautiful love letter, the Declaration of Independence and our constitutions two hundred and fifty years ago. And our federal government has not lived up to the spirit of those documents, those Apartment papers for quite some time. And when you have organizations and agencies that are funding wholesale child trafficking using you know, good three letter agencies like child protection services, I mean, it's nothing more than literally glorified child trafficking. Case In Point Massachusetts itself, when you look at the statistics across the country, there's close to a half a million children in child protective services custody at any given time. In Massachusetts, over eleven thousand and The sad fact of the matter is we can validate that about ninety four percent of the children in custody in Massachusetts that have been separated do not meet the legal or lawful threshold for a child that should be removed. Again, it's based on lack of due process and hearsay and mandated reporters and the closed system of family courts where there is no jury of your peers, and you have state mandated reporters and all of the parasitic organizations that profit off of the separation of children when they're placed into foster care and they're required counseling, et cetera, and of course the court appointed reporters. It is a closed loop. And as a parent, you are literally sucked into a system, and they continually move the carrot down the road because they don't want to see the reunification. They are incentivized to keep the children in the system. That's how they get paid. So this is something that is just, I mean, this is not that's basically interrupting your ability to pursue life, liberty, and happiness when your personal property is removed. That's a violation. And this case that we exposed with the Rivera family, and we have really done an incredible job of getting them a lot of national media attention. Five children were removed because the family, the parents did not want to give their nine month old a vitamin K shops and the pediatrician decided that that was a concern for him to report to CPS.
Speaker 5: Well, if you can.
Speaker 11: Find that law in the books, I'll give you a million dollars, Dan, But you're not going to find it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 11: So we've now learned that the warrants were not done properly, they weren't signed, and they actually engaged Texas. When the family left Mask they went to Texas to try and find peace, and they sent a warrant that was not properly executed to Texas to have the marshals arrest the family. There's a lot going on and the DCF is going to pay a heavy price, and they should pay the price of being dissolved about the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was really and Vandersteele of America Maid Foundation, I was reading your bio and and and you did a lot of work covering the uh those who were wound up being locked up through their involvement with what happened on January sixth in this country, and you talk and you talk about another shameful chapter, the way that you know, dozens and dozens of those individuals we were treated and run rough shot over through the justice system, and the kind of conditions that that they were held under for you know, some of them for you know, for a multiple years. Uh if they really for doing little more than showing up two way to a rally and walking through some doors that that were opened to open for them.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean, you talk about another shameful chapter that in this country that I think really has gotten next to I mean, there's a there's a few journalists out there that have done some extensive coverage on this, but to my way of thinking, not nearly enough to expose what really happened.
Speaker 11: And again, you know, let's let's be very black and white about this. You know, the coverage that was that was being provided at the beginning was designed specifically to create a narrative for the public's opinion, and what we worked very hard to prove was that that was literally propaganda. I was there that day, Dan, I was talking to Capitol police as they were holding the doors open to the rotunda. I saw people I knew inside that and what I saw was peaceful people that were walking into a trap because they didn't know that, you know, this was considered trespassing. There were no barricades when I got there to say you can't be on this property. They weren't there in the morning, you know, So at what point. I was there very early in the morning and you could walk up to the capital and at the end of the day, you know, towards the middle of the day, excuse me, they had put barricades up. I never saw them. So again, this is such a farce. But you know, there's a gentleman by the name of Ivan Raitlin who's a friend of mine, who I know quite well, who has done an incredible job of exposing this and exposing the people that are behind it. I mean, he's naming names and they don't like it. And that's the point, right it is to call out those that are our public servants that are supposed to be doing the work of we the people. But instead we are now finding out that they have been doing the work of you know them, the globalists and the coup, and they are responsible for the overthrowing of a duly elected president in addition to taking over a constitutional republic and installing and magnifying this agency, wrong bureaucracy which has you know, mandated shots on people. And sadly Americans didn't know the difference between law and mandate, and apparently neither did the court because a lot of people lost their jobs. The military is trying to correct that entire debacle where a lot of people were discharged from the military because they've refused an experimental therapy. They didn't want experimental gene therapy being injected into their bodies, and many people took it, and now we're seeing the horrors of what happened there. Sadly enough, this has just been this is this cannot be the end of our history. And we're now approaching two hundred and fifty years and we're an arc of history right now where nations, republics usually fall or and they don't make it. I believe America if they finally understand what they're going to lose and they get their true history presented to them. And the wake of what happened with Charlie Kirk, who was a peaceful, you know, educational, you know, young man who went and spoke to kids and talked and conversed and dialogue professionally without violence or horrible rhetoric. I think we have a shot, but I can tell you the mainstream media is doing everything they can to make sure that that never happened. And so our job is, and it's very hard, is to try and continue to over shout the mainstream media. And I think we're getting to that point where enough people are getting a microphone and you're seeing, you know, thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of people people both starting to educate themselves and share that with others. So hopefully we can survive the next Twitter fifty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's a big reason why we get so much desperation from the left in this country, because they realized they're losing their grip on power. They realize they're losing their grip on control of the media. And it's been going on for years now, slowly but surely. When you talk about alternative sources of information and thanks to the Internet, and I think thanks largely to what Elon must did when he took over Twitter and with the release of the Twitter Finals, I think that really was the beginning of opening the eyes of a lot of people to see how much suppression was really going on on behalf of the federal government when they were telling social media companies what stories they could what stories they could put on their websites, and what stories were not to be put out and what stories were to be controlled simply not because you know, they made this try and make this phony, balogoney case that it was all about misinformation and disinformation, but it simply turned out to be stories that they didn't like that went against the official government narrative. And I think we came dangerously close to really having state run media. And you know, I just think that we're at a point now to where Trump is surely but slowly and you know, you talk about the deep state and all the things that are going on, Trump was a victim of it, and I don't know how you can look at what's been going on in Washington for so long and not see that it's all there, and slowly but surely he's dismantling all that. And I think that's why you've got so many Democrats and so many you know, those on the left who are just besides themselves right now because that grip on power with all the money that's being taken away from the non governmental organization and the nonprofits and all the rest. You know, once that money starts going away, that's the end of the power. And then they certainly don't like it.
Speaker 11: There's an incredible case that has made it to the Supreme Court three times but never been heard.
Speaker 5: There was a Britister theory of which.
Speaker 11: Our foundation excuse me yea, our foundation along with General Flem's organization. Another gentleman also brought an amicist brief to this Ritister story for a request the petition to be heard in the Supreme Court. Thic Fyk versus Facebook, Jason six suit Facebook in twenty eighteen because they basically hit about forty four million fans on Facebook on various pages, and they shut him down because he started showing support for Trump and they didn't like it, and so he sold his pages to his next competitor. It was all humor stuff, you know, funny cat videos things like that, sells his stuff to this competitor, and its competitor, who you know wasn't political per se, maybe spent more money on Facebook ads was able to put those pages right back up and monetize them. And so Jason, who was making quarter million dollars a month, went literally belly up all because Facebook, you know, shut him down, and they and he sued in the Ninth Circuit, And of course the Ninth Circuit doesn't know or intentionally does not know how to interpret Section two thirty specifically see one, the immunity clause. Publishers do not get immunity from being called sorry. Platforms do not get immunity from being labeled a publisher if they go ahead and start acting like one. And that's what Facebook did. They made the decision to take somebody down because they didn't like what he was saying, and allow that same content to be published somewhere or else on a different person's Facebook page because they didn't like Jason's political leanings, and that, you know, basically strips some of immunity, which is section two thirty c one, and they should never have been granted immunity. There's been multiple other federal circuits, the third, fourth, and the face that have seen and argued or had several similar cases argued like Jason's, and they all interpreted sections the two point thirty C one properly. They did not give the platform immunity when they started acting like a publisher. So Jason Folds and you know, appealed all the way to the Supreme Court three times.
Speaker 10: And would you this.
Speaker 11: It is going to grab you incredibly, it's going to grip you when I tell you this. But the last time he was a Supreme Court they denied him due process, wouldn't hear the case, and said they chose another First Amendment case. And then one was a gentleman who was incarcerated wanted to keep his dreadlocks in prison, and the warden said, no, we're cutting the hair, and he said, no, I have religious rights to have my dreadlocks. I'm a Rastafarian. That's the case they chose over one that impacts three hundred and fifty million Americans.
Speaker 2: Insane of course, all right, and vander Steele, I mean, we could go on and on all night long. But what's what's so? What's an American made foundation? Give me about thirty seconds of what you're going to be working on in the near future.
Speaker 11: Well, right now, it is literally getting our federal lawsuits together. We have brought together an incredible case as for the Rivera family and really against the Department of Children and Families in Our express goal is to literally put dcs out of business, to cut the funding from the federal government that's coming directly out of the Social Security Administration, and to get this package that we have in front of every single state legislature to end the funding for DCF across the country. The Department of Children and Families should be abolished those families in need. There are plenty of local community programs that are not state funded. And let's face it, you know, if your house is hit in a natural disaster, FEMA isn't there first, your next door neighbor is. And that's what we need to get back to in this country. It's you know, people helping people, local action so we can have a national impact. I thank you so much for your time to see me.
Speaker 2: Dan, all right and Vander still great talking to you. Keep up the great work in America and Maid Foundation, and with God willing, we'll have a chance to talk on down the road. But thank you very much for the time tonight and all the best to you. I appreciate it, an my pleasure. Thank you all right, there you go, and Vandersteel from American Maid Foundation, first time I've had them on and I certainly think that I might have them on in the future. We will see what happens. It is ten fifty five, Joe Waddell. Let's go ahead and open the phone lines. No more guests between now and midnight tonight, so we'll see what happens with your phone calls and a ton of other stuff. I want to get to between now and then five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand and one, eight hundred, the big one if you want to get on board. Wednesday night edition of The Midweek Crisis on seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW eleven eight eight. This is the Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis.
Speaker 1: I'm Dan Carroll Pallas from Claremont County. Is online.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get to allis in just a minute. But you heard the news there at the top of the hour and they were talking about the government shutdown. And John Stossel wrote a really good piece on this, and he talks about the government shutdown. Media calls it a crisis, the crisis with no deal insight says Fox News Reuters. It says it's a key risk to US stability. But when I look around. I see business as usual. Families raise children, workers work, people play music. The media act like government is the most important part of life. It isn't. Fortunately, most of life and the best of life happens outside government. We need government, limited government enough to keep us safe, but most life doesn't depend on what goes through DC. Most of life thrives without government, often despite government. During shutdowns, government tells non essential workers to come to work, but if they're non essential, why do we employ them? The shutdown is certainly a problem for the one point four million federal employees currently working without pay or furloughed, but they'll likely get paid once government is back in business. That's what's happened before. The media claims flights are delayed because air traffic controls, staffing shortages. CNN rights delay spreading major airports across the country as government shut down impacts travelers, But many of these delays happen because government runs air traffic control and government management isn't good. So, you know, the whole premise of this piece is do you really care about the government shutdown? And are we really being told the truth about this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I think the newscast you heard at the top of the hour. You know, we heard from Hakeem Jeffries talking. I think there was a cut from Chuck Schumer in there too. They're talking about how the Republicans haven't done a damn thing. Wellublican's already done their thing. And Mike Johnson has been going in front of the cameras, the Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson has been going in front of the cameras every day. And here's what he had to say about all the money that that the Democrats want to spend and all the money that they want to put back in there. So, Joe Wadell, if we have a cut number two? Ready, could we hear cut number two? Speaker Mike Johnson.
Speaker 12: They're demanding one point five trillion dollars in new spending paid for by American taxpayers, and I want you to.
Speaker 1: Be one point five there will.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Note what that counter proposal includes, because we've not yet gone into all the details of it, because it's large and very absurd, but here's some of the highlights of this. It would reverse common sense reforms that Republicans made in the Working Families Tax Cut that keep illegal aliens off taxpayer funded healthcare This is a fact page fifty seven, section twenty one to forty one of their counterproposal as as we've been posting everywhere, and they would add the illegal aliens non citizens back to taxpayer funded benefits. It would cost taxpayers nearly two hundred billion dollars. They would also remove a very reasonable, reasonable, and moderate modest work requirement that we put on able bodied young men with no dependents. As we've said, they should not be riding the wagon and taking medicaid that is intended for vulnerable populations, the elderly, disabled and young pregnant women, for example, and not young able bodied men without dependents who are playing video games. We put that into the law because it's common sense. Their counterproposal would reverse that, so taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Would be funding them again.
Speaker 12: They would make in their counterproposal permanent COVID era Obamacare subsidies without any income caps or any other reforms at all. They would make that permanent. That would cause taxpayers an estimated three hundred and fifty eight billion dollars.
Speaker 1: They would repeal. They would repeal.
Speaker 12: They would take away the fifty billion dollars that we put into the law to support rural hospitals. They would remove them, and they would send a half of billion dollars to liberal news outlets by refunding the Corporation for public broadcasting.
Speaker 1: It would also restore up to.
Speaker 12: Five billion dollars of American taxpayer funds for wasteful spending for international projects. Here's a couple of examples. This is in their legislation, their kind of proposal on the cr to keep the lights open.
Speaker 1: This is what they want to do.
Speaker 12: They want to spend twenty four point six million of your hard earned dollars as a taxpayer for climate resilience in Honduras. They want to spend thirteen point four million for civic engagement in Zimbabwe. They want to send three point nine million for lgbtqiplus democracy grants in the Western Balkans. They want to spend two point nine million of your dollars for desert locust risk reduction in the Horn of Africa, and two million for quote organizing for feminist democratic principles in Africa.
Speaker 1: We are not doing that.
Speaker 12: These are unseerious proposals from unserious people, and they're playing games while real Americans are being harmed adversely by the shutdown.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Their Speaker Mike Johnson, he's been doing press availabilities like that every day since the shutdown happened. How often do you hear him on the news top of the hour just asking one point five trillion in new spending. And all the Republicans did was say, you know what, let's just go back to the Biden their spending and we'll do a continuing resolution with that. So Alice and Claremont County, do you want to spend three point nine million dollars for lgbtq I plus democracy grants in the Western Balkans?
Speaker 1: Should we?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 2: What the hell is civic engagement in Zimbabwe? Why do we need to spend thirteen and a half million dollars for that?
Speaker 7: I don't know, you don't want to know what it is? I guess, but you know what? That shopping list sounds like that their wish list. It sounds like it belongs on Saturday Night Live. Are you are they serious?
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, Look it's right there.
Speaker 1: He's putty.
Speaker 2: He's got he's got the copy of their proposal, their counterproposal to what the Republicans in the House passed, and they're and the Democrats are saying, no, we want this, and you need to negotiate with us so we can get this. And he's saying, we're not doing that because we've already passed our deal. Send it over to the Senate. They've got to approve it. That that's where things stand right now. But they want to go back to this, you know, one point five trillion in new spending, including all this mumbo jumbo in Africa and Honduras.
Speaker 7: And also they want to say they want to save Obamacare and what they want is single payer and we do not want that. They can stay out as long as they need to because they're only concerned about themselves.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw, I saw Chuck Schumer today said that he said that the the uh about he was talking about the healthcare that the Republicans ruined. As I recall, not one single Republican voted for Obamacare.
Speaker 7: No except McCain, and he threw a monkey wrench and the whole thing. But that no, And another thing about the non essential employees. I'm sure when they're hired legally, they have to be informed that you will be considered non essential if the government shuts down, so they will be paid once they go back they can always go to work for a camp agency. That that's always out there. They have, it's out there. And another thing I want to mention. Right after, not long after a f tab was elected mayor, I went back into his campaign, his campaign ads, and I wanted to check. I clicked on his financing and do you know what? You could click on everything that was there, but when you clicked on a record of his financing, you could not get that information unless you were able to sign in with a password. I have never seen that. I have never seen that.
Speaker 10: Something else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And Kim Jefferies is a socialist. He was well schooled by his father, who is very active in the Socialist party. I don't know it was there's an exact exact name to it, like Democratic Socialist of America or whatever, but he was well schooled in that. And people in New York are scared. They are really scared, and they're investigating Mandami's finances once he's elected. If they find out that he was aware of foreign financing, then they might have grounds to get.
Speaker 10: Rid of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. New York Posts.
Speaker 2: New York Post put out a piece on on Mondamie, claiming that the campaign has taken in foreign contributions, money from outside of the US they have, but.
Speaker 7: He but he'll lie. This guy is a snake.
Speaker 2: Well, of course what he was on he was on Fox News with Martha McCollum earlier today, and that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: And all he did.
Speaker 2: I didn't see all of it, but I saw some of the highlights. But apparently all he did was duck, dodge and weave. I mean, they got he's dangerous. He really is a dangerous guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I heard him referred to as some at any rate, a definite danger to the entire country. And he is, what thirty three years old and his only staff has been five people, five people. He will Arresttnahu if he comes into New York and it's scary. It's scary because that gets spread across the entire country. And Aftab is a mini me of this guy, because Aftab once is at once is yes he wants he yes, he wants to go to Washington is a stepping stone for him. And uh and I'll tell you something. I'm proud of Cincinnati when people come out of retirement like Chris Motherman, what an incredible man he is with all he has been through and raising his family, and he's principled and he's bright, and he stepped up, and thank goodness, he was enough to get enough signatures on his petition. And I think there's someone else who stepped in. There's a couple of people who's They didn't do that in New York. They waited to the last minute and then it was too late. The debate is tomorrow night. I'm going to listen to that. But you know what, the station I listened to in New York probably has the same demographics that your station has. So whatever it said is preaching to the choir.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I saw some video of Mondamie at at some event he was having, and the and the people that I mean, they were they were chanting, they were yelling, they were I mean, they were all jazzed up, and I just I just don't I just don't understand it. I mean that the guy is he's a he's a communist and all this mumbo jumble that he talks about with the he's going to have the fast and free buses and the government run grocery stores and going to make everything more affordable for people. That's not what government's supposed to be about But yeah, but that's the that's the snake oil that he's uh that he's peddling. And apparently there's a lot of people in New York City that are buying.
Speaker 7: There are and but the people who who could do something didn't start working on it until it was too late. It was too late they I think they just didn't. I don't know. I lived there twice, and you know, they already went through de Blasio and Well.
Speaker 1: Was still running.
Speaker 2: It seems to me like, you know, that's a guy that ought to have good name recognition, that he's got a long history in New York. He's you know, said, saved a lot of lives on the subway system and all the rest of it.
Speaker 7: And he's a Republican.
Speaker 1: I know he's a Republican.
Speaker 7: He's a Republican. And there are some people who well if it hasn't an R after the name Nohas, but there are people who dislike Puomo so much that they'll vote for Curtis, And Curtis has been encouraged to please drop out.
Speaker 1: Well, Clombo killed a lot of people in the during the w he did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes he did.
Speaker 1: He can't go he can't get away from that.
Speaker 7: Well, I know he can't and people know it, and uh and uh they hate him. And he's a snake. He's just as much of a snake as as Mondonny. It's awful. I don't want to see that happen to my hometown. That bothers me so much.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's not good, it's not good.
Speaker 2: And you've got this dude in Milwaukee, that is Milwaukee, it is Minneapolis, who's trying to become the mayor of Minneapolis. He's a he's an Islamist. And uh, then you got this guy talked about this guy in uh in uh deer not not dearborn, but so dearborn Michigan, dearborn Michigan.
Speaker 7: Dear yes, right, he talked.
Speaker 2: About him last week and and I mean and and he's you know, they've got the loud speakers there with the call of Muslim prayer five times a day. And so it's, uh, it's it's not good.
Speaker 1: It's not good. And it's.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the most important city in the country. And I've talked to a lot of people about this who have said, you know what, just let him have it. Let let the people in New York want to lect this guy and let this guy do what he wants, then then let him have it.
Speaker 1: But I just I just don't agree with that take.
Speaker 7: I just no, you know, the camel would have more than its nose under the tent. It would be worse than that. He wants to bring Sharia law into the city, and uh, he's I'll tell you something. His culture still eats with their hands. And I saw a picture of him having lunch and he was eating with his hands.
Speaker 2: Alice, thank you very much. As always, it's great to have you on. Thank you so much for listening. Thanks for the phone call, Thank.
Speaker 7: You for calling taking my call.
Speaker 1: I appreciated.
Speaker 2: There's Alice in Claremont County. Always love talking to her. So yeah, so then they're they're supporting this guy. They're you know, there's all kinds of Democrat support for uh. Jay Jones there in in Virginia. Talks about how he wanted his uh the Speaker of the Republican Speaker of the House, to get shot and have the have his kids dying, his wife's arms and all the rest of it. So yeah, all the Democrats are standing with him, standing with Bondami. That's the future of the Party. So if you're a if you're a left leaning Democrat, you are you should be very proud of that. Tonight, I guess all right, we got a ton more stuff to get to, but I couldn't couldn't carry on without letting Alice from Claremont County be on. It's fantastic. I gotta tell you, gotta tell me. See, we got got one short one here?
Speaker 9: Uh that?
Speaker 2: Well, well, now we'll do it all. Well, I got a ton of audio I want to get to between now and midnight, so we'll do that as we continue on Wednesday night edition of The Midweek Crisis on seven hundred WW. I got the big one seven hundred WLW Dan Carroll till midnight tonight. Not a ton of time left. I got a ton of sound I want to get to, and I got some phone calls as well.
Speaker 1: Joe get counnumber three. Ready.
Speaker 2: We talked about last week about the illegal truck drivers. Well not they're not illegal, but they're illegal aliens who are driving big rings and they've got at least some of them have a driver's license at CDLs that say no name given in the area where their names should be. And Oklahoma's been doing a major crackdown arresting hundreds of the illegal alien truck drivers, many of them who cannot read English. Here's a local television news report, and I apologize I did not get the name of the station the reporter, but listen to this news report out of California talking about illegal truck drivers cut number three.
Speaker 13: Last week, Vivic Sharma went to the DMV to renew his trucking license, but he was denying the problem.
Speaker 1: New rules surrounding the process.
Speaker 5: Jas green Karta and.
Speaker 7: License.
Speaker 13: As he explains in Hindi, only Green card holders and US citizens can get their commercial driver's license renewed. Charla has been in the US legally for the past ten years, seeking political asylum.
Speaker 1: His final court cases next year.
Speaker 13: He's been driving a truck for the past eight years, but now he can I've got getting up.
Speaker 9: Oh which local job?
Speaker 14: Dee King.
Speaker 13: When asked what comes next, he says he's worried. Trucking paid well. The sudden stop and income means he won't have money to send back to his family in India. Now he will have to start over. All right, enough, that's enough, so you get the idea.
Speaker 2: So this dude has been here for eight years, eight years waiting for his disposition case to come up to some immigration judge.
Speaker 1: Eight years.
Speaker 2: This is how the Biden administration worked. Well, the administration, well you know the way they used to do these folks when they come to the country. Here's your notice, you appear in court eight years. Trucking paid very well. Dude can't even speak English. Is that who you went out there driving big rigs across the country.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Nancy Pelosi was on with Jensaki and she was doing the show and then Jensaki said something about Trump. And here's what Nancy Pelosi had to say about the Trump family. Cut number four.
Speaker 15: You wonder why the American people tolerate a grifter like this in the White House, a grifter family. They they you put money into their account and then they say, you can buy chips, high powered chips from the United States. That's that's again, that's an ammuent cause of the Constitution.
Speaker 2: So there's Nancy Pelosi sounded like she's sauced, calling Donald Trump and his family a bunch of grifters. Does she have any idea about the net worth of Donald Trump? The guy doesn't take a paycheck, his net worth has gone down a lot since he's been in the in the oval office. What about her net wealth? What about the money that she's made while she's been in an office? And she wants to call Trump and his family a grifter. And then she was out on the cabin and Jen then Jen Psaki sitting in the ought to see the audio the video of this. Jensaki is sitting there like a bobblehead, bobbling her head up and down, agreeing with everything Pelosi says. And then she was out in front of the steps of the Capitol today and someone had the had the balls to ask her about January sixth, and she got a little testy here cut number five.
Speaker 16: Congress araned Pelosi, are you at all concerned that the new January sixth committee will find you liable to that right? Are you at all concerned about the new January sixth committee finding you wiable for that day? Why did you refuse the National Guard on January sixth?
Speaker 9: Shut up?
Speaker 1: I did not refuse the national Guard.
Speaker 15: The President didn't send it. Why are you coming here with Republican talking points as if you're a serious journal.
Speaker 16: The American people want to know we still have questions, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Nancy Pelosi. Sounds like she's been hitting the booze there, Chris and Westchester. What it sounded like she's, you know, about a half a bottle of Jack Daniels in right there.
Speaker 8: He's you know, I said, I've said it one hundred times. You know, I don't know where they're getting it from, but can I buy some pot from you? I mean, come on, I mean it's getting this. You know, it blows me away how many so called politicians, which most of them are lawyers, have no clue about the Constitution or the Bill of Rights or anything that has to do with the freedoms of this country. They seem completely moot on the fact, or ignorant on the fact that deliberately about how the Constitution works and the powers of the presidency and so forth. It blows me away how many of them have just so little knowledge of it, and yet they've made this their career. You know, I'm pretty sure that if I'm going to become a cop, I need to learn the penal codes before I go out and try to arrest people. I'm not going to go into it willing to I'm not going to go to plumbing school to become I'm an electrician. Okay, it makes no sense how these politicians can get away with this so blatantly. Now It's like, really, so did you even can you spell constitution, let alone know anything about it? Or the powers of the presidency. You know, you've got to judge in California trying to block our president who has the power to do this from fighting firing federal workers during a shutdown, which he has the power to do. He has the power to send his troops wherever the hell he wants to, or he thinks he thinks they need to be needed, now, where the state thinks they need, where he thinks they need to be needed. It doesn't matter what the state thinks, It doesn't matter what the local government thinks. He thinks they need to go here. He is the commander in chief. He can send them there, period are. There's no other discussion with that. So yet somehow they seem to think that they can do these things and we're not going to hold them accountable for it. You know, Mosis saying I didn't turn It wasn't me. You know, he never asked for no. No, it was on you to call them out, not him.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 8: This was your event, your city. You were the one in charge. You're the one who's supposed to call them out when needed.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been well documented.
Speaker 8: It's out of hand, didn't We talked to the president.
Speaker 1: It's been well documented.
Speaker 2: And then the days leading up to January sixth, Trump suggested putting ten thousand additional National Guard troops around d C in the mall that day and the Capitol because he knew there was going to be a huge crowd there, and the mayor, the mayor Nancy Pelosi said no, So yeah, that's pretty.
Speaker 8: Well done them. Yeah, but yet she didn't do anything. It wasn't on her is you know? It just bowlsed me in. Wait now you say, you know the problems in Cincinnati are just a reflection of the of their party. You know, I have no sympathy for any of the people that are living in Hamilton County or around the city or in the city. It's there, you know why, because you voted for this. This is what you voted for, so you're gonna you deserve every single second of it. It's sad that kids are getting shot, but this is what you voted for. I'm not going to feel any bit of any kind of sympathy for one person in New York City and they put that moron as mayor. I'm sorry, but you voted for this. Whatever happens now, it's on you.
Speaker 1: Well, they voted. They voted for it.
Speaker 2: All the members of the city council. They voted for the judges that are letting these crown. You know, there was I don't know if you heard me earlier, but I was talking about this dude in down on short Vine last night walks into a Kroger store, rits off the Kroger store for about one hundred and twenty dollars worth of stuff, and then on the way out, assaults the armed security guard and then it beats up or a pepper sprays a.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati police officer so and then.
Speaker 8: Walks out of court with a hundred dollars bail.
Speaker 9: One hundred bucks.
Speaker 8: That's it, and you've got a rap sheet and that's what. You know what, Just be honest, if you're a criminal, Cincinnati is the place to be, you know why, because you're just gonna get time out. You're gonna get time out. From the time you've got time out. Pay politicians trying to control time out children. This is the generation that they're dealing with. They're dealing with the timeout generation. Oh no, Billy, So just just go sit there on the couch and here here's a snack pack. No TV, but you know, here's your iPad. It's like, really and you think that, oh, we need to do whatever needs to be done, Really don't. I don't see any kind of armed support at all in downtown Cincinnati. I go through it every day, hundreds of times a day. With what I do, I don't see any any kind of deterrent to crime in any way, shape or farms. I literally watch people all night long along Spring Grove Avenue go up and down right there by seventy four where they just rebuilt it sprayed eight and all night long, not one cop drives by. You don't ever see anybody getting around. I don't see that the police. Where's the police force? They're talking about Cincinnati when I am literally right now in the heart I'm right right right, literally right across the street from the rail yards. Okay, I'm right in the heart of Cincinnati. And yet if I'm lucky, my whole night, you know, and I'm out here ten twelve hours a night through the entire third shift. I'm lucky if I see one cop, well, one patrol car.
Speaker 1: There's not lucky. There's not enough cops.
Speaker 2: This this this managed, the city manager, this mayor, this city council has done absolutely nothing to uh to to stop crime in the city of Cincinnati. They've done literally nothing to support you know. They want to talk about, well, we've got we've got these recruit classes that that are going that are going through.
Speaker 1: I mean they are way behind the way now, way behind.
Speaker 2: The curve on that. It's not it's not nearly enough to keep up with the with the older cops who are retiring on the other end of the deal and all of that, and you.
Speaker 8: Know what there all of that is moot anyways, because what the hell is the point of having a police force if the judges are just gonna let him go right there. Absolutely, you should not be able to arrest a criminal in the morning and by afternoon he's having lunch at Burger King. That should not be the process of justice in this country. In jail, No, that's the problem. There is not anymore. Well, there is, depending on who you are, or what you identify as, or what kind of backgrounds you came from or you know today, you know what I'm gonna decide to be. I'm going to identify as a basketball that's a transgender baseball that somehow is represented by a hockey stick that is now a snow cone. And my name is Juniper. Now, how does that get me out of jail? Probably pretty damn good. You're gonna be out of jail probably that day.
Speaker 2: You know, they're the the dude that worked for Elon Musk, his name was Big Balls, got the crap beaten out of him a couple of weeks ago. Uh, the dude that that beat the crap out of him went before a judge and the judge let him out with a slap on the wrist. I saw a quote from that judge today who said, my job is to rehabilitate, not to punish, and I think that.
Speaker 8: Is part of rehabilitation, not to punish. How did this How did this moron get the seat? Oh, that's right, he was elected because remember, well that's what these judges. Judges aren't elected.
Speaker 2: All these judges in Hamilton County are are saying is essentially the exact same thing. They want, restorative justice. They don't want to they don't want any punish for their crime. Chris, we got to run. Thank you very much for the call. As always. Uh, let's go to Philip in Cole Raine Phillips seven hundred wl W. Thanks for hanging on.
Speaker 14: Yeah, thank you for taking my call. If I could switch gears a minute. All right, I was watching uh, the president sticking at the Israeli parliament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was fun to watch.
Speaker 8: There's something he said that caught my attention, and he said.
Speaker 14: It a couple of times.
Speaker 5: I was hoping you could sell me in.
Speaker 14: He said that he has stopped seven wars, and I'm wondering, you know, other than Israel, what other wars has he stopped?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much, Philip.
Speaker 2: I don't have the list in front of me, but I know there was uh there there was one in in Africa who was fighting there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to look down.
Speaker 8: I don't have that.
Speaker 1: I should have.
Speaker 2: Well, I had that list up in front of me earlier, but I but I know there's one in uh in in Africa, Armenia and Azerbai genre at war.
Speaker 1: Uh he stopped that one.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know what you got?
Speaker 2: Israel and Hamas and there's some other ones too. Some there were other conflicts, armed conflicts that were going on in other parts of the country, but I don't know all them off the top of my head, but he has it's been pretty well documented that he has stopped a number of wars. And the next time I come back on this radio station, which i'll be here in Friday for Cunningham, I'll have that list and we'll get you updated then, but for now I got to run.
Speaker 1: That's it for me.
Speaker 2: Joe Waddell, thank you for producing the show tonight, and we will see you next time on the home of the Best Bengals coverage. And the Bengals play tomorrow night, so that'll be a big deal on seven hundred WLW.