Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tote Sheldon Roundtable Show. Look from Longnecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer, Skyline Chile feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured called eight four four, Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tote Sheldon five one three five one three, toph On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Now let's get it go on. If it's Tuesday Night?
Speaker 3: What Tuesday Night Special Edition, the wrap up edition of the Round Table Show. It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. Where Live at Long Mixed Wilder, presented by post Foot Law Lance MacAllister alongside Tonight Not Rocky Boyman. Rocky's on assignment. I just can't remember which game he's doing. I just know he told me he's on a Simon, he's got a game. I think he's got a game tonight, and then he's got the uc game on Friday, but in his place for the second consecutive week, which must mean he didn't screw up last week if they brought him back this week. He is the main who's very happy to have Buckeyes tonight, delivered by Fran and his lovely wife Phyllis. As we all got Buckeyes tonight, I want to kick off to the show. We welcome in the man you hear weekdays three to six or I'm noon to three, noone to three on Since he three sixty, that's a lot of numbers and in various capacities and roles on seven hundred WLW, that would be Austin Illmore Lance.
Speaker 2: I'm great, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Happy to be back, and I feel like the Buckeyes as a gift is a sign for things to come. Tomorrow night in Arlington, Texas, you can just kick back and eat Buckeyes all night. Pretty much the plan.
Speaker 2: Life is good. Let me do some headlines. We can go.
Speaker 3: Bengals return to the practice field to ramp up preparation for Sunday's finale against the Browns at pay Court tomorrow. The moment, the Bengals would pick tenth in the draft and could move up as high as eight, drop as low as twelve. Wille Anderson and Luke Keigley among fifteen finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the Modern Era Players category, with the class of twenty twenty six. Five others, including Ken Anderson, among consideration in the seniors category. Results will be announced super Bowl weekend college football action. Coastal Carolina falls to Louisiana Tech this afternoon. Tech wins twenty three to fourteen in the Independence Bowl underway at the moment in the Music City Bowl, Tennessee in Illinois. Later tonight, USC and TCU in the Valero Bowl. College football playoffs finally resume tomorrow night, so Ohio State versus Miami and the Cotton Bowl at seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Hear it right here on seven.
Speaker 3: Hundred WLWUC football in Memphis. Tonight they take on Navy Friday in the Liberty Bowl. They'll do it without running back Evan Pryor, who has entered the transfer portal. More on the Bearcats, with Chad Brendle coming up at seven oh six. College basketball. The Bearcats rolled Lipscomb last night. Talk about it tonight after us with the West Miller Show at eight in preview Saturday's Big twelve opener at home versus Houston on the court tonight Travis Steele. They thirteen to o Miami RedHawks at Bowling Green.
Speaker 2: And Mac Action Maction.
Speaker 3: Louisville is at cal In Ohio at Central Michigan. Tomorrow night, Xavier host number four Yukon at five o'clock. It's right here on seven hundred WLW. The ecl has a new CBA. So the Clones are back and busy this week. Home tomorrow night with indoor fireworks for the six o'clock New Year's Eve matchup versus Indy. Then it's the Kelly Cup throwback Jerseys back to back nights Friday seven thirty against Toledo and Saturday four o'clock against Toledo.
Speaker 2: All right, that's quick check on some headline.
Speaker 4: Did you say indoor fireworks? Indoor fireworks? Yes tomorrow night, Yes, yes, it's.
Speaker 2: The only indoor fireworks around.
Speaker 3: Makes me a little bit downtown. Let's take our first time out. We come back to the man they call Trags checks in. We talk some Bengals on the beat with Mike Petralia's we continue the roundtable show seven hundred WLW six seven hundred WLW the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by TOFT Shouting Roundtable Show. We're live from Long mex and Wilder presented by Postman Law, the wrap up show of the season as we lead into Bengals and Browns wrapping up the season. On Sunday, we were in search of Trags Mike Petralia from CLNS SINCI withthey dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hope to hook up with him.
Speaker 3: We've got Chad Brendle on the way coming up at seven oh six to night to talk some UC football. Let's talk some Bengals in the moment and on Sunday, I thought Austin they did. They did exactly what you would hope they would do to a team that was beat up, banged up, beaten down, had to travel cross country, take care of them early score on the opening drive and maybe gave them a little bit of reason to play after the thirty eight yard disastrous mistackle Trio along the sidelines gave them a little bit of life, but then took care of business and ultimately did what you should do to the Arizona Carnivals.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's the big takeaway really, is the fact that you know, they did what they were supposed to do. If they had squeaked out a seventeen thirteen win, we'd be having a much different conversation right now. And I think that's the thing that you really take away from each of the last two games, which has been they dominated an opponent, that they are much better than they have more talent than, they have a better quarterback. I think they have a better head coach than both those teams. They did what they were supposed to do to a inferior opponent at home, and they deserve credit for doing so, for meeting the standard that has been established.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously that's a team that's not very good.
Speaker 4: I think Moeger described it as the NFL's version of an FCS opponent, and I think that's accurate. But you can't control who lines up across from Yeah, and I get and we talked a little bit about this last week. I get the default position of most who say it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter or it will lead to the front office believing everything's okay.
Speaker 2: I get that that's fair that's earned.
Speaker 3: But for the moment, I can't do anything about the offseason hasn't happened.
Speaker 2: I can only work on what they're doing now.
Speaker 3: The way they've looked the last two weeks is how they should look against those teams, and let's go offensively, specifically, they have looked like the well oiled machine that we thought they could be and is a very dangerous offense.
Speaker 2: I don't care who they're playing. Yeah, I'm looking at.
Speaker 4: The way they have performed as an offense and it's been high level.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it doesn't matter necessarily who the players are. You're gonna get a similar scheme in trying to double team Jamar Chase, double team t Higgins, and then it's like, okay, well, what's Andre Josevas gonna do, what's Mikasiki gonna do? And how are you gonna stop Chase Brown? And the Bengals have done a great job of the all of those weapons, now, I think is sick. He had two catches for forty yards, but one of them was on a broken play deep down the field. Joe Burrow found him, converted a third down, kept the drive alive. You're right, I think if anything this last month or so has proven to us, Okay, it still works. It still looks like what it's supposed to look like when Joe Burrow is healthy, when the big three are on the field together. That's something to build around. And I don't know about you, but it furthered my belief that Joe Burrow shouldn't play this week against the Cleveland Browns because okay, yes, we were reminded it still looks like that.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get into the Browns and Joe and that great debate of how much should Joe play, how much he should play? In a bit, let me let me while I'm thinking about let me let me ask something that raction to what Charlie Goldsmith, our guy said earlier this week. And then we'll continue searching for trags. But in the moment, this is a good tie in. And Charlie tweeted the following I think it was yesterday, and he said this doesn't change the degree to which the Bengals need to improve their defense. But had Joe Burrow not suffered the two injury, I think the Bengals would have won the division. Now, before everybody gets all bent out of shape and says what they want to say about the defense. Charlie added, Now he says, now in the playoffs, the defensive flaws would have shown up. A playoff game would have felt like the game at Buffalo, but the Bengals would be in the dance. That also informs what they need from the defense next year. The unit can't just be passable. It needs to be able to win a playoff game for you. Let me go back to his original thought that, had Joe Burrow not suffered the two injury, is this team the AFC North champion in your mind?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 3: So there's six and ten right now, right, six and ten right now? Yes, to be division champ this year. Technically you could be nine and eight. So that's three more wins. We're saying for arguments. If Joe Burrow doesn't get hurt and Joe missed what nine games because they went one and eight?
Speaker 2: So is that are three more doable? Yes?
Speaker 4: I think so. Do you think they lose the Jets game? Do you think they lose the Bears game? I mean, obviously the Buffalo game was a bit of a fluke, but they were better than the Green Bay Packers for a point, in that game at lambeau Field. Yes, they could have won that game. I don't think they would have turned the ball over five times against the Minnesota Vikings. Don't know that they would have won that game, but would agree with that if you assume they're going to beat the Cleveland Browns this week. There's one yeah here my only and I I thought it was a real I thought it was a great statement by Charlie Haus. It made me think because to answer to answer and agree with him and say they would be the division champs.
Speaker 2: It'd be one thing if in most of.
Speaker 3: The losses they struggled to score, and yet they lost a game scoring thirty seven, lost a game scoring thirty nine, lost a game scoring forty seven, And I mean, I'm sorry giving up yeah for scoring forty two, thirty eight, thirty one. So would in the games where they put up a lot of points and lost, how much of a difference would Joe have made? You see what I'm saying. Yeah, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: And I don't. I don't know if I can convince myself that they're a playoff team. If Joe didn't get hurt.
Speaker 4: I think the offensive efficiency would have just been a tick more and it would have been maybe one more possession leads to three more points or one less possession for the opposing team, because the Bengals can run the football effectively with Joe Burrow in the threat of the wide receivers, and that means that the other team doesn't touch the ball, meaning more complimentary football. So that's that's how I view it. I also think that Patriots game, if he plays, they probably win it. If Jamar Chase plays, even without Burrow, they probably win that game.
Speaker 2: And that's the game.
Speaker 3: That's the game in the grouping where I say that's the one I can easily flip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Joe's the quarterback. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think, honestly, you could look at the Thursday night game against the Steelers and that could have flipped either way based off the way Aaron Rodgers was playing in that game. But I think early on against the Lions they had a chance, but they kept turning the ball over. Could that have been a different game. Those are hard to say, just because of how deep in it they were with Jake Browning at the time.
Speaker 2: And I do believe Charlie's statement to be true.
Speaker 3: And here's the I mean, think of this, here's the killer, and it's why they missing out on this season. In a season where Patrick Mahomes isn't in the playoffs and Lamar Jackson may not be in the playoffs, We're sitting here arguing, if Joe doesn't get hurt, they're nine and eight in a division champ.
Speaker 2: That's all. It would have taken. Nine wins.
Speaker 3: But at the start of the season, had you said they'd go nine and eight, we said, well, then the season's gone south. They're going to be better than nine and eight. And that's all they would have taken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all they needed to do was be the team they were last year. Oh yes, if they were the team they were last year, they'd be in the playoffs right now. It's it's it's amazing how similar to me it feels than a year ago from a year ago, because it is one possession here, one player there, one player misses this play, whatever it might be, and that kept them out of at least contending with the AFC.
Speaker 3: And just think they and I go back to Jake Browning and boy from from how we viewed Jake to where Jake's Jak is right now, and what his future is.
Speaker 2: I remember when Joe first got.
Speaker 3: Hurt, we were all quoting, like the storyline was, well, he may be the thirty third best. Question, He's at least the thirty third best quarterback in the NFL. He's brother the best backup quarterback. And he went out for three games and looked like he never played the game before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't. They were non competitive for three weeks with Jake Brown.
Speaker 4: I remember before the season somebody from ESPN wrote the best backup quarterbacks in the NFL. He was number two behind Kirk Cousins, and I was thinking, all right, great, And then on top of that, when Burrow goes down, he leads this comeback win yep, at the very last second to win. You're like, all right, we're gonna be fine. Just get Joe back, we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: And you're right.
Speaker 4: He did look like he never played football before. I have no explanation for that. Appreciated how aggressive he was. He was always willing to push it and not afraid of that, but that that hurt him ended up ended up hurting him more than it helped him, and obviously hurt the team.
Speaker 3: And I remember thinking, remember when we went through the whole debate when Joe first got hurt, well, is he gonna come back at all? Could he come back for the final three? And we were all doing the math, like, okay, with Flacco down control, can he be five hundred and just keep him alive till Joe comes back?
Speaker 2: And they went without Joe, they went one and eight. Yeah, I mean, just saying.
Speaker 3: That out loud, this team still with Jamar, Chase and t Higgins and Mike Kasicki and Jamar and Chase Brown and at the time Trey Hendrickson was healthy. That that that they went on and eight without their starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you think if Trey Hendrickson was healthy.
Speaker 2: They went there? That's a good question too.
Speaker 4: I think if Trey Hendrickson was healthy, they would have beat the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 3: I would say that because you say what you want to about Trey, and whether you like Trey or don't like Trey, I think everybody asked can see Trey was.
Speaker 2: Like the closer for this team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when it came like closing time in a game, it was Trey, go get the quarterback and wrap this thing up.
Speaker 2: And they didn't have anybody to do that.
Speaker 4: I would also would have loved to see what it looked like with Trey on the field against the Buffalo Bills. Yes, the way that Josh Allen had kind of played and in that moment, I don't know that it would have made that big of a difference. But again to your point, he was the closer, and that game against the Bears, Caleb Williams was just running around doing whatever he wanted yea and made so many plays off structure. But you know, that three game stretch really is the big thing to me, Like if they had not gotten Flacco three days before they played the Green Bay Packers, then maybe they actually win that game. They obviously knocked off Pittsburgh the Jets, they needed one stop, one stop. Yeah, they win that game. And the Bears basically can you tackle?
Speaker 2: And they couldn't. And that just it's the same thing as last year.
Speaker 4: You think of Tanner Hudson fumbling at the goal line, you think of day John Anthony's passenger if you're it's in Kansas City four sixteen, like all these little moments, it's just it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. It adds up to a third straight year without the playoffs. In the window that is Joe Burrow's career. What was harder to watch though last year this year, because I think it was this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say it just became so deflating with Joe's injury and then how miserable it was for three weeks with Jake, and then a little bit of boost of hope with Joe, and then the the the Flacco and then the thought the defense just for so long was just tough to watch. More on that as we continue, Let's get a check on news and talk more about the offense. Chase Brown season had more. He is Austin Ellmore. I'm Lance, but callister. It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. We're at Long Necks and wild Are presented by Postma Laws seven hundred WLW six thirty eight seven hundred WLW The Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Table Show, Long Necks and Wilder The Spot to Be Friends ented by Postman Law. Brought to you in Purt Pie, Hawksword, Blood Centers, Hawkesword Donors, Saved Lives, Lance McAllister, Austin Illmore in for Rocky Tonight, Mike Mills taking care of us to our left, Joe Waddell taking care of us back at the studios. Always great to see Fran and his lovely wife Phyllis.
Speaker 2: We were talking.
Speaker 3: During one of the breaks and we've all confirmed, both Fran, Mike, and myself all confirmed at some point in our lives we banged pots and pans out.
Speaker 2: The back door.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget as a kid on New Year's my grandma always saying, grab your pots and pans, and she would open the sliding patio door and we'd all bang potts for I think it was for good luck? Was it for good luck? And it was also eat Sauer Kraut, which I refused to do. I like Sara Kraut, but my grandma always insisted, bang the pots and pans, eat Sara Kraut for New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: We had this conversation on the on the air earlier today sixty three sixty yes her name to three.
Speaker 4: Talking about thirty and apparently it's to get rid of the demons, the demons and the spirits and the bad energy and the bad juju around the.
Speaker 3: Now it's taking on a much more important meaning that I was gonna say, does that mean that you go back to that. Now, maybe I revert to my childhood. We might need to do I never did that though, never did anything like that.
Speaker 2: See, you should catch up and do it tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Well there's other people who say that, you know, you open your front door and open your back door to let all the bad energy out.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I have no idea. There's a lot I want, you know, I want you to do. What's that?
Speaker 4: I want you to bang pot and pans and eat Buckeyes tomorrow night. I can eat the Buckeyes and I'll tell you what. If we win, if we beat the Hurricanes, there'll be some banging or something going on.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't believe.
Speaker 4: I have memories of banging a pot and pan out to my Grandma.
Speaker 2: Insisted, did you ever like them? You break them or anything? It'll just like making the noise.
Speaker 3: No, it was the big like frying pan skillet, so oh yeah, and the pots and that you.
Speaker 2: Boil what you bang, bang, bang bang.
Speaker 4: It'd be like twelve degrees and then shut the door. Did you ever accidentally take one upside the head?
Speaker 2: By Jesse? We knew what we were doing. Okay, all right, I'm just looking for answers.
Speaker 3: Let's review the drive of last week's game, brought to you by Driveway Dumpsters in Cincinnati. Black and yellow does mean trash. Visit d Dumpsters dot com. By the way, shout out to Driveway Dumpsters for being a part of the show this year. Since this is our last show of the year, will make the opening drive the drive of last week's game. The Tone Center twelve plays seventy two yards, five forty three off the clock and a touchdown. The Bengals were on their way to victory. And we'll do our standing ovation for last week, presented by Ovation the Urban Resort where Cincinnati coming to the Newport come together the Ovation Standing Ovation each week throughout the season, and we certainly appreciate Ovation being a part of the show this season. Will go Chase Brown for his one hundred and forty one yards from scrimmage. He did it on the ground, he did it through the aar, he did it blocking.
Speaker 2: I love the quote from.
Speaker 3: Zach Taylor this week who said, and I think I'm paraphrasing, I trust him in all three phases, yeah, meaning catching the ball, running the ball, and blocking that dude, I mean, if you talk about a season that turned as the offensive line got better, because you remember, like the first three or four weeks, we were all quoting, like Pro Football Focus that he was, you know, hit behind the line of scrimmage for what should have been like minus forty two yards in a game. And now we're talking about a guy who's about fifty yards away from a thousand yard season in almost fourteen hundred yard fifteen hundred yards in total offense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's been unbelievable and and it really felt like it took them a while, not just to get the run game going, but also to get him involved in the past game. And I guess part of the reason was, you know, without Joe Burrow, I don't know if it's adjusting stuff at the line of scrimmage. I don't know if it's moving him around in the formation or whatever it was, and in the playbook maybe being shrunk for Joe Flacco and or Jake Browning. But now you've seen him everywhere. You see him motioning before the snap. I like the wrinkle they've added the last couple of weeks, which is two running back sets yep, which is him and p Ryan on the field at the same time, and then all of a sudden, he'll move Chase Brown out. He becomes a threat catching the ball. But also some myj PTE. Ryan's having a really good season running the ball as well, doing part of that offensive line. That's another wrinkle that makes this offense hard to defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Joe it appears feels comfortable checking down with him when something isn't there. They've targeted him. I think I wrote down he has sixty five catches on eighty two targets this year, So let's see, seventeen times five is eighty five. So they're targeting him about five times a game, which is up from a little about four last year. So I you know, you're only going to get so many targets in an offense that has Chase it has Higgins. They've made Chase Brown a legitimate threat both running and catching the football.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eighty two targets this year, he's sixty five all of last year, and that's up from obviously fifteen in his rookie season. But you're exactly right. And I remember reading the article that Paul Danner Junior wrote last offseason about the training that he and Andre josavash had done, and how Chase Brown wasn't really raining in like a running back.
Speaker 2: He was turning like a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: And you're starting to see that paid dividendce the point you made about checking it down when the pocket gets muddled and when Burrow just needs to get rid of it. He's one of those guys that can turn a three yard checkdown into a thirteen yard or into a if it's third and fourteen, he can get the first down out of that. He did that against Arizona. That's a huge weapon to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was talking with lap Bundy down on Bengals line how it's almost equated to like a game controller where there's like a turbo you pressed the button for a little turbo boost and jamar or a Chase that first step when he gets to it, he gets to it, and he did a little jump step to make a guy miss, and he's not afraid to then plow into somebody and make contact. That's that's I mean, we've just run through pass catching, running the ball well, not afraid of contact, able to make you miss.
Speaker 2: That's a complete package of what you're looking for.
Speaker 4: I think his ability to to get top speed on a misdirection or when he changes direction is really impressive. I think back to the opening drive of the season. They ran the ball down the throat of the clear Eveland Browns and they got inside the five and they were struggling a little bit. Hand the ball off to chase to the right. He comes basically to a dead stop and then just sprints to the left side and beats the Browns defense to the end zone. That ability to change directions so quickly get to top speed is a huge weapon to have in the offense. And I think his vision and his patience have been things that have improved for him as the season went on. Yeah, that's a great point about the opening drive. I think if I remember, I think he had seven touches on that opening drive of the season and think it holy cow. And then he went through that phase where the offensive line just wasn't doing anything and it made him kind of question what was going on? And certainly no questions now with what they're doing now. I guess that the question.
Speaker 3: To keep on the theme, he was a let's see, he was what a fifth round pick? What we're at No.
Speaker 5: Third?
Speaker 2: He was a fifth round pick. Number one sixty three overall number one sixty three, and this is year number three.
Speaker 3: So if I were to say to you, let's get ahead of things and lock him up now, that to me would seem perfect for a team that has waited too.
Speaker 2: Long on other guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in terms of making a statement to the rest of your team and just locking up and taking care of something offensively that you shouldn't worry about once you get it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think this year shows his value more than maybe any point in his career. Obviously with the amount of injuries that they've had. I think the way Zach has talked about him, the way that Joe has talked about him, even a little bit, the way Jamar Chase has talked about him, you start to realize just how important he is to the offense. You draft a guy with this vision in mind, yep, that can take over and be such a big weapon in your offense. And I kind of equate this. For some reason, they may not be comparable, but I think of the Logan Wilson deal that he got prior to the end of his rookie contract, where they took care of him early, they gave him an extension, they settled their cap a little bit, and they took care of one of their own, their guys that had turned out to be a leader. On that defense, I think it's comparable to Chase Brown, like he's an important piece of this offense, and he's gonna be affordable. You've got plenty of cap space, not just next year, but the years after that.
Speaker 2: Now is the time to lock him down.
Speaker 3: He will be next year, he'll be still only twenty six. His workload has not been excessive. They haven't run him into the ground first season forty four attempts last year to twenty nine this year two nineteen with one game to go, so he's not even at five five hundred career rushing attempts and going into an age twenty six season. There shouldn't be any worry about tread on the tire. That's to me, that would be up on a board of a working strategy of somebody you would take care of and not worry about committing that type of money to just push it off to the.
Speaker 2: Side, say now we don't have to worry about him.
Speaker 4: And the other thing we've seen over the last couple of years has been the renaissance of the running back position in the NFL. Sakuon Barkley, Bjon Robinson, if you watched him last night, unbelievable. Those are dudes that have raised the price a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And if the NFL is going to get back to running football, I'm not. I don't know that it's ever going to be a run first league again. But if you're starting to see value at that position across the league and guys that are not afraid to turn around and hand it off twenty times a game, twenty five times a game like they used to, then that positional value is going to go up. And if you're Chase Brown, I'd be pushing to get it done early as well, so that I can double dip and get back into free agency before I turn thirty or thirty one years old.
Speaker 2: All right, that was a heck of a segment. Let's do one more.
Speaker 3: Let's talk Geno Stone when we continue, So we have to debate how how good a segment that will be.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't walk across the street to see Genos quick, kid, did you?
Speaker 3: It's uh brought to you in part by ever Dry water proofing today, not dry till it's ever dry and all season long, so we think ever Dry Waterproofing for being a part of the Cincinnati tax resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show We're at Long Nexan Wilder presented by Postman Loss seven hundred WLW close it in on seven o'clock on this Tuesday night edition, the wrap up edition for the Roundtable Show this year, Long and Wilder is our location. It's presented by Postman Law. Also brought to you in part by Miami University, where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit Miami. Oh Dot E d u Phyllis now has taken over. She's on headset, so let's be careful what we say. It's all clearly, it's all part of her master plan. She's moving from the table to headset into Mike's role next year as our engineer. I was gonna say, I don't know if Rocky's ever going to be back well, and then that'll be Bran will slide into Rockies role next year and it'll just be one one big party.
Speaker 2: You need to ask the show you ever heard of Wally pipp There you go. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Let's review last week's defensive play of the game brought to you by O'Connor at Shanny and Levy Attorneys. You know attorneys you trust. Visit oh A L dash Law dot com. We'll go with Miles Murphy in the sack. That's five and a half sacks. Now he has the team lead, I said Monday night on Bengals Line to me, if you're tracking the performance of Miles Murphy, I look at performances and I say, early stage, it's a blip. Okay, that was good. That was a blip on the radar. The more it happens, I start to saying, all right, I see a trend developing. I think we're now into the stage where reality has hit with Miles Murphy. And I don't want to make it out to think I believe he's a pro bowler right now, or he's the answered all their problems, but I believe he is a piece that could be counted on as a regular contributor on this defense.
Speaker 4: Would you agree? I agree with you one hundred percent. I think that is one of the things you take with you going into the top season and knowing, Okay, this guy's going to play a role for us, and you know, I think we've forgotten they changed defensive coordinators, they change defensive line coaches.
Speaker 2: Yep. They brought in Jerry Montgomery, who.
Speaker 4: Has had some success coaching guys in the past at that position, and all of a sudden, it felt like the light bulb clicked.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just the way the defense is termed.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just understanding that he's not a rotation, he's a guy that's being relied on every single snap, and there's more confidence that comes with that. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but you're right. It's not been two games. It's been eight games, nine games, ten games which he's put it all together. And I think an example is like TJ.
Speaker 2: Slayton.
Speaker 4: TJ Slayton's been really good for the last two weeks. Yeah, he's played two terrible teams for the last two weeks. Miles Murphy's been good for the last ten weeks. DJ Turner's been good for the last ten weeks. It's not just something you see against bad teams. It's all across the board.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: To me, I think it's important with Miles Murphy to not be viewed. I think they have to view him as he could be the guy on the other side of the guy. Sure, he can be the second, and I don't know who that first. I don't know that they devote the money to Joseph o'side to do that. But somebody has to be the guy to allow Miles Murphy then to be the other guy. And there's nothing wrong with being the other guy. It just I don't want to count on him as the new Trey Hendrickson. I don't think he's that yet. Do you think Joseph Osai can be the guy?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm fifteen million a year committed.
Speaker 2: To believing that, are you? No?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 3: Really I like him, I just I almost feel like the back portion of the season has been a missed opportunity for him to convince me and probably convince them. It's raised more questions than it's deliberate answers.
Speaker 4: He signed a prove it deal, yeah, to come back, and all he'd done is proved that he's the same guy he was a year ago. I would wonder if the Bengals are interested in trying to bank on that same light bulb clicking for Joseph Osaida, the motivation of a one motivation of a one year deal that you saw with Miles Murphy this year. The other interesting part of that David Mulgett as his agent, and we know that he and the Bengals don't get along when it comes to contract negotiations, which makes me think if he comes back, it would be similar to a year ago and a one year proved deal to try to get right back in there. But I also feel like Shamar Stewart has a chance this offseason to get back into being a football player. You went through the draft and the process that happened. Now you know what it's like. You don't have to deal with your contract. You're not going to be holding out. It's all in front of you. For Shamar Stewart, I hope the Bengals don't put all their eggs in that basket because I think that would be foolish and you would think that they've learned from Miles Murphy. But I do think there will be more production from whoever else is on the other side than we got this year.
Speaker 3: I said on Sunday, and almost sometimes I feel like I'm picking on him, But every time I watch Geno Stone, I come to the conclusion I don't know that how far back i'd have to go to dig into pro football a focused great if they ever had them for the history of the franchise. I feel pretty good believing that Geno Stone might be turning in the worst individual season performance of any player in the history of this franchise.
Speaker 2: He's just been a disaster. He's been a disaster.
Speaker 4: And Al Golden spoke glowingly of him yesterday, but I think if you read through that a little bit, he basically kept saying, Gino has been really good for us, getting us in the right position and getting us in the right play. That's the bare minimum of a safety.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: You know why von Bell played as much as he did last year because the other guys couldn't do that. Vaughn was terrible once the snap happened, but he was getting them in the right play. We're seeing the same thing unfold with Geno Stone, and so you know, he's on an expiring contract. He isn't played well, not the last couple of weeks. He hasn't played well for the last couple of years. So I don't know that there's anything that happens over these last few games that make you feel like, Okay, Genostone is a guy that's going to be coming back to me.
Speaker 3: It almost felt yesterday like al was was throwing a life preserver to one of his guys who's taking a heavy attack under fire from the fan base. There there was if you're out, there's no harm in saying something he thinks he's doing positively. And at the same time, you're never gonna bury the guy publicly, and you know he's not gonna be here next year, so saying something positive kind of changes the tone maybe a little bit, and gives him a positive on the way out. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but clearly I don't think anybody believes that that's an indicator they have fallen in love with Genostone.
Speaker 2: He's going to be back next season.
Speaker 4: Well, I think what happened at the end of last year he did play a little bit better, He tackled a little bit better, and that, you know, made such an impression on the Bengals that they asked him to make a two million dollars pay cut, and he for some reason obliged and decided to do that. But I think it's interesting the comparison between the safety position and the edge position, because I think Jordan battle could be much like Miles Murphy, where he's a player who can thrive when there's a better player on the other sides. And we saw that a little bit in Jordan's rookie year when Dax was playing okay at that position. Jordan has had some moments this year where it's like, Okay, there's still something there, there's still something that can be unlocked with Jordan Battle. I think you make Murphy a better player, and you make Battle a better player by the two guys that are playing.
Speaker 2: Next to him, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Let's close the hour with our Postman Law Injury report delivered by Postman Law Injured.
Speaker 2: Postman delivers trying to think.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: Mims left briefly with the shin, but then came back, and I don't know if anything else significant will be tracking tomorrow, So for the moment, we'll make that our injury update. That's your Postman Law Injury Update, delivered by Postman Law Injured. Call eight four four Postman. That's an hour in the books, just like that. Holy Cow still ahead. Chad Breundle on the Bearcat's reaction to the Evan Pryor news of the day and so much more Sweet Cruise into our number two at Longnecks and Wilder The Roundtable Show seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the Ccinnati Tax resolution powered by Sheldon Roundtable Show Look from Lunnecks, presented by Postman Law, brought to you in part by On the East and Onto East Power Equipment Dealer, Scarline Chili Feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling Brandon Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured called eight four to four, Postman Others Promised Postman Delivers and Vice Internet a tax resolution powered by Tope Shildon five one three five one three t oph On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 3: We turned the corner second hour of two tonight to wrap up the season wrap up show at the Roundtable Show, Hanging Out it Long next in Wilder Rocks on assignment, so in his place for the second consecutive week. You hear him weekday afternoons from noon to three with Tony Pike on since he three sixty you hear him in various roles and capacities on seven hundred WLW you hear him with me tonight he would be Austin Elmore and we welcome in to begin our number two to talk uc football in advance of the Liberty Bowl versus Navy and Memphis on Friday. That would be from Bearcat Journal Chad Brendle.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 5: I am pretty much entirely in the mode where I'm just waiting to get to Memphis on Thursday and eat Guts's fried chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nice, nice, all right, speaking of the bowl game. The news of the day for the Bearcats, Evan Pryor, the running back or average six point nine yards of carried this year in rushing for over five hundred yards, has entered the transfer portal.
Speaker 2: Your reaction to the news of the day.
Speaker 5: Cincinnati has to be really smart with their money that they don't have a lot of it. I think Evan Pryor was, and probably rightfully so, looking for a you know, this last year, looking for a big pay day. And I think he's probably a running back two for Cincinnati at least the way that they want to run the football. They prefer Corey Kiner Tywie Walker type in that running back one spot. It's probably that's for both parties if they go their separate ways. But that's not to diminish this was not Evan pryor wasn't good enough. Cincinnati is moving on. Just in the new world of college football. Financials play into it, maybe more than any of us would like them to. But that's a factor you have to, you know, put into the the mix for how these things play out.
Speaker 4: When it comes to the money and being smart with the money, how much of it do you think is you know, saving up for having to invest in a quarterback and the outrageous prices that college quarterbacks are going for these days.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's some talk in a couple of articles that have been coming out recently that you're talking like a million and a half two million dollars for guys that are backups. Wow, now they're probably good backups, you know, like the kid at Ohio State who's almost won that job the past two years. Try talking to a million and a half two million dollars to get him to get the kid from Notre Dame probably over a million dollars. That was the backup there. I've heard I've heard anywhere from four to six million dollars for Brendan Soursby.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So we thought that the market would would calm down, right, Like, okay, revenue shares here, the cap is in place, but for positions like quarterback, you can round up nil money. That's that's actual nil money that you know. These getting kids are QB one are marketable and those those markets. Yeah, and that money is not flowing down at all. So you guys save you money for a quarterback often.
Speaker 3: So you Kegan, You guys, everybody at Bearcat Journal, you guys are all over this and do it like nobody's business keeping track of the portal?
Speaker 2: What going into the bowl game?
Speaker 3: How would you categorize the general shape of the roster going into the bowl game based on everything that is transpired.
Speaker 5: Uh, not terrible, but certainly not what you want against Navy, like in this era, the last thing you want to see going into a bowl game as a service academy, especially a good service accademy like this is a good Navy team. They don't deal with opt oubts, they don't deal with kids entering the transfer portal, like the team that they had all season is going to be the team that you play. I think there's a chance you're going to see some true freshmen playing against Navy in the defensive secondary, that that red shirted, that did not play a snap all season, and you're going to probably see a couple of them out there against Navy. That is I classify that as less than ideal. Y, so you know, it's it's not great, but I think offensively they should still be fine. Most of the other offensive line is going to be.
Speaker 2: There, Joe Royer's playing.
Speaker 5: My understanding is Cyrus Allen and Jeff Caldwell are gonna play.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: You know, Brady Lichtenberg is gonna Nobody deserves a shot more than Brady Lichtenberg and he's gonna have most of his weapons. So offensively they should be fine. But the question is do we get to the end of the game and you look and Navy's had forty five minutes in time of possession and Cincinnati's had like fourteen and a half.
Speaker 4: Are there any like is there a positive to having some of those young guys play because they are likely to come back next year?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it just one game, and it doesn't matter that much, like how is the staff viewing this game in terms of like the development of those young players.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get to see what you've got with quite a few of them. You know, it's not a normal game situation playing Navy, but you're gonna have seen them for the fifteen Bowl practices. You're gonna get to see what they look like in the game. You're gonna see how they take to the coaching. You know that there are definitely some advantages on defense with getting a look at these young guys right as the portal opens, so you're gonna get a better idea of what you have. You know, there's some guys that I think you know, like CJ. Cright at safety is a name that they really love, and I think you know, after red shirting all year, you're gonna get a chance to see what you've gotten in CJ.
Speaker 1: Crite a little bit.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get to look at at Daniel Jones at outside corner a little bit more frequently. There's a red guy that red shirted this year named Patrick Williams, a corner that they really like that you're gonna be able to get a look at So it's gonna be beneficial in you know, several of these instances where you don't have to wait until spring, you know, to find out what some of these guys are going to give you, especially what are their practice habits, like how do they handle going from you know, not playing a whole lot to being thrown into the mix. So there is some positive that can come from it. Again, the problem though, is you're playing the triple option and Navy and I don't know how much in the game you can take from especially defensive backs. You're going to see how they tackle, but I'm not going to get to see a whole lot of coverage and you know, playing an advanced like passing scheme by any stretch.
Speaker 3: All right, basketball question for you win over Lipscomb last night, Now the Big Twelve with Houston on Saturday.
Speaker 2: They play eighteen Big Twelve games.
Speaker 3: If I were to give you an over under on Big Twelve wins for UC, if I just off the top of my head said seven and a half, how would you feel about that number?
Speaker 5: Well, if it was before Gigsel James came back, and they have looked, especially offensively, significantly better with Gigsel James on the floor. I would have laughed, taken under and ran to the bank with whatever you allowed me to bet. Now, now i'd say, now that's probably in the right realm. Seven to eight. I mean, I still the offense has just been so inconsistent that that I don't have a great feeling that they get into that eight nine, ten win range. Yet it has been better, but it was so bad for the first ten games that that that has not left my brain. So here's the other problem. Lance. They played two seasons in the Big twelve. They won seven games both times, one of them with a twenty game schedule. Now they're going back to an eighteen game schedule. I'd still probably take under, but at least I feel a little bit better about things than I did two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I wonder it yet, but I want you to know you missed a golden opportunity in the last ninety seconds to drop in a six seven and people would have gone crazy.
Speaker 5: I could have, but they wore that out at the game last night they had six seven games.
Speaker 2: Yes classic, I have a teenage daughter. I'm over Oh.
Speaker 4: Yes, for the kids, all right, map out the itinerary. When when do you hit the road.
Speaker 3: It will it be all forces you and Keegan and preview all the coverage coming up from Bearkay journal dot com.
Speaker 5: So we we. I hit the road Thursday morning, hopefully by dinner Thursday night. I'm a Gussa's Fried Chicken. That's the plan. Keegan and I will both be in Memphis, and then Keegan, because he's just a warrior, is gonna go back to the I got an Airbnb for both of us. He's gonna go back and sleep until like three four o'clock in the morning, and then he's gonna get up and drive back to Cincinnati for the Houston game.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my gosh, cruel and unusual.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know I did that a lot of that stuff back in when I was his age. Anymore, I'm gonna stop in Nashville, watch the game in Nashville, and I'll catch up later.
Speaker 4: Understood that To clarify, You're going to ride chicken place instead of a barbecue place in Memphis?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Often? Gusses fried chicken is the best fried chicken I've ever had. Okay, I'm just wondering, you know, I Mean, it's so good it's become a national chain like they're they're all over the place now, but one of the original locations is in downtown Memphis. You now, people when like Cincinnatians, when they leave Cincinnatian and then they come back, they go to Skyline. Yes, like before they go home, before they do anything, they go to Skyline. That is me with guss Fried Chicken. Straight off the Expressway, straight to Guss's Fried Chicken. I almost got an airbnb that was a block from Gusses like that.
Speaker 2: Probably have that idea.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's probably a bad idea, so I didn't do that. But yes, the fried chicken, the sides, everything at Guss's is awesome. That's my go to spot in Memphis.
Speaker 2: The barbecue is good. I'm more of a Texas.
Speaker 5: Barbecue guy than a Memphis barbecue guy.
Speaker 3: All Right, safe travels, Happy New Year. This will not be the last time we talk with you. It will be the last segment on this show for the season since we're done.
Speaker 2: And I say this every year.
Speaker 3: Your commitment, your unwavering support and commitment to this show each week means a lot. It raises the level of this show and we very much enjoy our conversations and we look forward to doing it again next season.
Speaker 5: I always look forward to being on with you guys, whatever night of the week.
Speaker 3: It is what the Bearcat Journal dot Com for it all this weekend and beyond on YouTube as well.
Speaker 2: And thank you. Happy New Year.
Speaker 5: Thanks gentlemen, have a great new year.
Speaker 3: There you go, Chad Brendo, Bearcat Journal, Bearcat Journal dot Com. Take a time out, come back. Something Dalton Reisner said to Dan Horde I think is worth taking a listen to and exploring. And then let's get into some roster breakdown. Now we're toggles. I broke down these silly little categories and then I just threw some names in each category. And then I didn't look at it again, and then I looked at it tonight and said, oh, I might move some of these names around, but that's what you're here for. I'm gonna ask what names we should move as we continue all that to get to and more. It's The Roundtable Show, Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon, Round Table Show, LONGNX and Wilder the Spot presented by Postman Law and on seven hundred WLW seven four seven hundred WLW. The Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show, Longnecks in Wilder presented by Postman Law, Brought to you in Burt Bye, Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hawksworth Donors, Save Lives.
Speaker 2: Dalton Reisner was.
Speaker 3: Talking about Sunday's game with Dan postgame interview about the game and the subject of his future came up.
Speaker 2: He's on a one year deal.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was an interesting public admission of how he feels and what his hopes are and what became the conversation between Dalton Reisner and Dan Horde. Take a listen to part of that exchange on Sunday in the locker room.
Speaker 6: This is kind of your opportunity to play with him, healthy, looking good. I mean, what's that experience been like for you?
Speaker 2: He's an ultimate competitor.
Speaker 7: I really do love Joe the way that he goes out there and slings the football and wants to win football games, and how dialed he is.
Speaker 2: You can see why the Bengals are special.
Speaker 7: I mean you kind of just block your tailoff back there and then you see the ball get thrown up and he's just dropping it in buckets and hitting guys right where they need to be hit. So love blocking from the guy. I got a tremendous amount of respect for him. You can see why he's had the success that he's had here in Cincinnati, and.
Speaker 2: I just hope I could be a part of it for longer.
Speaker 6: I would assume there's mutual interest in having your return based on the way things are going.
Speaker 2: That would be great. Man, Keep pulling for me. Let's get these guys to give me a call, man, I kind of expect that that's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Congratulations on a great win today, two in a row and finished the season with three.
Speaker 2: Next week We'll do God bless you. Thanks Matt for it.
Speaker 3: Interesting comments after the game Dalton Reisner with Dan Horden, and I think people forget Dalton Reisner was signed the day that the final cutdown day August twenty eighth, and ten days later played thirty six snaps in the opener against the Cleveland Browns, and it was it was on the flight and it was rushed, and he was a little shaky early on, as you could understand. Eventually Jalen Rivers took over there, and then Jalen, through rookie issues and also some injuries, took a step out of that spot and and Dalton Reisner back in. But man, he has been this stretch to end the season. Dalton Reisner's been really good, hasn't he.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think he's been the lynch pin into fixing the offensive line. He's been consistent in the past game. He's been consistent in the run game. And that's part of the reason why Jalen Rivers got benched is he wasn't very good, especially in the run game or especially in the past game, and Reisner has just provided stability to boast. We talked earlier about you know, guys around you making them other players better. I think Ted Carris has gotten better this year because Dylan Fairchild's been really good and Dalton Reiser's been really good, and I think that's made a Marius Mims better again. All together, that offensive line working together, and I think you know, if you follow Dalton and his wife on Twitter, they really seem to like being here.
Speaker 2: And it's very rare you hear a player say that.
Speaker 4: What he did to Dan Horde, which is like, yeah, keep helping me out. Give you guys to give me a call, Like what more could you need if you're the Bengals. I think some projectives have him at about four and a half to five million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: I would do that. I would do that in a hartbeat.
Speaker 3: He'll be I think I looked it up. He'll be thirty one next season. That's not old to me. You know what you've got in him. He wants to be here, and if you plug him in, maybe get him on one. Maybe it has to be a two year deal, but it would buy you some time with Jalen Rivers instead of having to force Jalen Rivers back into the mix. If you say, Jalen, just you know, cool, your jets, keep learning, keep improving. Your time will come. Maybe he gets dinged up and Jalen replaces him in stretches next year. But I don't see it downside. It's not gonna by the numbers. It's not gonna break the bank. And if you know what he's you know what he's giving you, and you've seen the results, and it's as important as the offensive line. I'm talking with Dalton Reiser about a deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you go into the offseason you already know offensive line depth is something that has to be addressed. Yes, And so if you can look at Jalen Rivers as potential depth. Okay, we got a starter in Dalton Reisner. Maybe Jalen Rivers can be the guy who's the swing tackle at some point because Cody Ford has struggled at that. It means obviously a great wide receiver, but he's struggled a little bit at being the swing tackle. Offensive Line depth is a need this offseason. You can cross off one of the biggest issues with the signing of Dalton Reisner at a relatively team friendly deal, And I just I don't think you could afford to go into next season if you don't re sign Reisner and just crossing your fingers and hoping on Jalen Rivers. Yeah, they simply can't afford that scenario with Joe Burrow as well as they played collective as a you know, with Reisner, I don't know how you'd sit there and roll that ice say well, we'll take our chances with Jalen Rivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it would be foolish. Yeah, it's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: All right, let me lead into we'll do the first level of this, then we'll transition after the news. But I was put in together just a list of how I feel about players going into next season, and I just randomly picked categories in my top category would be the guys I feel great about, then the guys I feel really good about, then pretty good about, and then okay with, and then have my doubts about, and then I'm out on just randomly selected those categories who and I've given you this list. I put four names in the guys I would feel great right about without even blinking, and those I think the first three at least are fairly obvious Burrow, Chase Higgins, and I put Evan McPherson in there. Are you okay with me putting Evan McPherson among four that we feel great.
Speaker 2: About for next season? Yes, I am all right.
Speaker 3: When we come back, I'm gonna go to level two, the guys we feel really good about.
Speaker 4: There's one person you have in really good about that I think should be in that top two.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, And there is the longer I've looked at this this week, and again I just threw names into categories on Sunday and then forgot to go back and maybe rearrange some names. But I'm interested in your thoughts on level two as we continue. But we are perfectly.
Speaker 4: Positioned in situation situated to take a time out.
Speaker 2: Let's get a check on news.
Speaker 4: It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution power by Toave shown in Roundtable Show where at Long Necks, h Wilder. It is presented by Postman Law. Even Phyllis heard that on seven hundredl you.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred WLW the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Toe Sheldon round Table Show. It's presented by Postman Law. It's broadcast from Long Nex and Wilder, Lance Pacallister, Austin Elmore, we weride till eighth and it's the West Miller Show here on seven hundred wl W. Let's take time for this week's hot topic around the NFL, brought to you by Hudson Oil. Feeling champions on and off the field. We'll continue on in our last segment with just a general breakdown of how we feel about players. My level one was great about, no questions whatsoever. That's Burrow, Chase Higgins, and McPherson. Level two would be the guys we feel really good about. Could I make one change before I announce it, I'm gonna move Chase Brown up to my great about category?
Speaker 2: Is that the one you were thinking about all right.
Speaker 3: In my really good about I had Chase Brown, Amarius Mimes, DJ Turner, Dax Hill. I might move my Keasiki down. No, I feel well, No, I'm undecided on Kasiki. What do you think about that? Well, if you if you're undecided, then you might move him down. You move him down to? Okay with wouldn't you?
Speaker 2: You're under good?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Pretty good of him? Okay, pretty good about it.
Speaker 3: It'll feel really good about him because of age and injury. I feel pretty good about him. So I moved him down one level, Okay, and you move Chase Brown up? Yeah, I'm fine with that. For me, I would move a Marius Mims up to that feel great about And I know he's, you know, still relatively young. But think about it, Lance, how bad did the offense look on Sunday against a terrible Arizona team when a Marius.
Speaker 2: Mims went out?
Speaker 4: That might be an indictment, an indictment on Cody Ford, but maybe it's a reminder of how good a Marius Mims is. And we never really said his name hardly at all this season, And that's exactly what you want out of your starting right tackle. And this dude has already played more snaps in the NFL than he ever did at the University of Georgia. He's still just twenty three years old. He's a mountain of a man. He's not gonna turn twenty four until midway through next season. I think the Bengals, as much as we have criticized them for their inability to draft, I think they hit a home run on a Marius Mims and I feel like he's the future at right tackle.
Speaker 3: All right, that's now, that's a worthy case being made. How about level three? Pretty good about?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: Feel pretty good about? I put Miles Murphy there is that? Okay, Yeah, that's good. I put Jordan Battle there. Sure feel pretty and I think you made a great point earlier. I feel even better with him if you got him a really good safety to be back there with him. Dylan Fairchild pretty good about.
Speaker 2: Maybe might even might even move him.
Speaker 3: Up to really good about. No, I'll stay pretty good. Okay, I feel pretty good. And then it probably a surprise to you, Ryan Rico, Yeah, this I wanted to do maybe the whole two hours about this. You called me before the show a flip flopper because I had changed my opinion on something, and now all of a sudden, you want to speak, you know, positive things about Ryan Reco.
Speaker 4: Just settle down here for a second. And that's not flip flopping.
Speaker 3: I always say I reserve the right to adjust an opinion based on the evidence presented. And the evidence presented the last couple of weeks is Ryan Rico is much more than a just boot the heck out of it and see where it lands. He was inside the twenty all four times two weeks ago. Two those inside the ten, and I think he had a kick inside the twenty or maybe the ten. That's the only issue I ever had with I get he's got.
Speaker 2: A really powerful leg.
Speaker 3: Leads the league, I think that, but he also led the league in touchbacks, which kind of defeats the purpose a lot. So because he's closed the gap of those deficiencies, I'm willing to put him on.
Speaker 2: I feel pretty good about, okay.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm glad that you're you have an open mind. Some people choose to that's right, that's right, And I was excited to see Ryan Rico rise through the ranks up the pretty good about.
Speaker 3: He'll be excited to know too, guys. I feel okay with okay. So again we've got great.
Speaker 4: About, really good about, pretty good about, and now I feel okay about And I might underrate this dj Ivy.
Speaker 2: I might move him.
Speaker 4: Up a little bit. I might move him with pretty good about. I mean, he seems to have found a role and the way they're using him, and uh yeah, I don't know if you saw Charlie Goldsmith's posts earlier this week about dj Ivy, but basically, he's had something like one hundred and seventy eight total snaps in his career and allowed two first down catches and they were both garbage time against the Miami Dolphins a couple of weeks ago. And the way that he's specifically on third downs has become a third down stopper ninety nine third down snaps in the NFL forty nine this year. He's never allowed a first down catch, and he was all over Trey McBride on Sunday. He's just set the NFL record for receptions by a tight end and he was not targeted on those plays that dj Ivy was covering in back to Trey Flowers when the Bengals were good in twenty one and twenty two, having that guy to be the tight end stopper. I do think although the competition has not been great, Miami has a really good tight end in Darren Waller. Arizona has maybe the best tight end in the NFL. And and Trey McBride and the Bengals limited the damage that those two guys did. That's something to take away from these two wins. And dj Ivy having a role in that I think is important.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm moving dj Ivy up to feel great about oh after you said that.
Speaker 2: He goes all way up to the time, all the way up to the time. All right, I'm moving stuff around here as well. I've got to true sample. I'm okay with yeah, just a guy.
Speaker 3: I've got Tanner Hudson, okay with I've got Josh Newton. I'm okay with Josh Newton, Jaylen Davis. I want to love even more, but I'm not prepared to move on with the pretty good about.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with Jalen and that's okay to be okay. I would move Jalen up to pretty good about okay. He's one of the best tacklers on this defense. He's shown the ability to play the slot in that nickel role, especially with Dax Hill on the outside. Yep, I don't know what took so long for Jayleen Davis from the practice squad. I remember doing segments about him during the preseason, talking about how this guy needs to be on the field, and he never saw the field. And I think he's really well respected in that locker.
Speaker 2: Room as well.
Speaker 3: I have set Johnson on that list, had a sack with help from a nice pressure from Isaiah Foski on Sunday. And then I've got you know, Will Wagner. Most people don't even know who Will Wagner is. He's their snapper. I've got Cody Ford okay with, maybe have my doubts. Well, no, he gets okay with because he had the twenty one.
Speaker 2: Jewels.
Speaker 3: So there, you know what is As I'm doing all this, you know who this list would drive have driven absolutely bonkers. He would have lost his mind. I'd pay to be able to go back in time and have this conversation with Bob Trumpy when I created my own list, and he would look at me and say.
Speaker 4: You you've clearly never played the game before. He'd loved that card, and then he'd laugh and then he'd say, this may be the most ridiculous list I have ever seen put together. I think in this particular category and the okay with, there are three guys that over the last month have carved themselves out rolls for the twenty twenty six Pagles. All right, dj Ivy as you mentioned, Jalen Davis as we mentioned, and set Johnson as that rotational pass rusher that can maybe come in on third downs and maybe be on the inside, be on the outside, move guys around. This dude was awesome at the end of last year. He had that injury. At the beginning of this year, he's already had an impact on that defense and the limited snaps he's gotten.
Speaker 2: I like that dude. Guys.
Speaker 3: I have my doubts about Shamar Stewart certainly is that fair? I have Barrett Carter, I have my doubts about him.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I might be willing to move Dimitris Knight Junior up to okay with, but I hesitate. I still have doubts about him. I want to like him, but he's older and he's come on late. I'm gonna leave him in. I have my doubts about Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm right there with you, I don't feel good about either one of these linebackers. No matter what happens this week or what's happened in the last three weeks.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have to bring in it. And it can't be a draftic. They're gonna have to spend money on a veteran live back.
Speaker 4: I agree at least because even we had the conversation earlier about TJ. Slayton, he's looked good the last two weeks. These guys haven't like they really have. Demetrius Knight okay against Ravens a few weeks ago, but Barrett Carter's still getting shook out of his shoes, still in the wrong position, not reading his keys, still falling behind guys. He just doesn't seem like he's ready and this has all been too much for him. But you're right that that position needs veterans in it badly. I mean, obviously, Logan Wilson is gone, a Keith Davis gather has gone. All those guys, they need somebody that can show those dudes the row.
Speaker 2: I've got Yoshi in this list, have my doubts about it.
Speaker 4: I want to like it, and he drives me crazy because he'll have a catch the in I say okay, and then we'll have a drop and I'll say come on, and it just it seems like that just rotates from game to gabe, and that's too inconsistent for a guy in his third season. With Jamar and t on the outside and the coverages that they demand, You've got to be able to win some one on ones if you're andre O Savash and he doesn't do that enough. And I know this would drive some Bengals fans crazy, but one of my hot takes is if Carnell Tait's available at.
Speaker 2: Number ten, number eleven, maybe number eight.
Speaker 4: If the Bengals lose, maybe you should take Carnell Tait and put him in at that number three wide receiver. If not, I think that's a position that you address in free agency or in the draft.
Speaker 2: The Bengals are really good.
Speaker 4: At drafting receivers and give some challenges to Andre Jose Vash. And I do wonder if Mitchell Tinsley comes back and maybe has a full offseason, if that's more of a camp battle next year.
Speaker 3: All right, in the interest of time, I'll move quickly. The rest of my have my doubts about I've got Orlando Brown Junior, Ted Carris and Charlie Jones fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three for three on that one, all right?
Speaker 3: And then I'm out on and I hesitate now because TJ had a good game and don't. I'm out on TJ. They just need more in the interior and TJ Slaton's not been enough, so I'm out on him. I'm out on Oron Burks.
Speaker 4: Thought it was interesting Aaron Burks and Will played five defensive snaps on Sunday and who am I blanking on?
Speaker 2: Somebody else got sixteen?
Speaker 3: A younger guy also on Specialty, Oh Giles, Joe J. Giles Harris played sixteen defensive snaps, which is a career high. I found that interesting. I'm out on McKinley Jackson, I'm out on Chris Jenkins, and I'm out on Jake Browning.
Speaker 2: I agree with all of those, all right. What an exercise we put together?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: More rapid fire because they're free agents. Joseph O'SAI. We don't believe fifteen million a year for him? Is that what we concluded?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, don't rise a yes, yes, Kam Taylor Britt absolutely not. Did I see a projection of Kam Taylor Britt somewhere in the neighborhood of fifteen million a year.
Speaker 2: I think you did.
Speaker 3: Whoever pays Cam Taylor Britt fifteen million dollars a year, God bless you.
Speaker 4: We had somebody today say move him to safety your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I would move him too safety for any other team in the NFL, but I would move him off the roster here.
Speaker 4: Uh no offense, eh kay, I depend on the money. Okay, I'd be okay with that. Trey Henderson. No, Joe Flacco I would love to have. I'll be curious to see how he view what kind of opportunities he has, because I'd love to have him.
Speaker 2: Here is Joe's back up.
Speaker 3: I wonder, in a day and age where young quarterbacks aren't figuring things out, if somebody would give him a starting job.
Speaker 4: The Philip Rivers effect, that Joe Flacco effect. Even what we've seen from Kirk Cousins with the Falcons over the last few games, there's gonna be a market for those older quarterbacks. I would love to have Flacco back. It feels like a bit of a long shot.
Speaker 2: Cam sample. Uh, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Uh we answered the uh the stone question? You know he's out cam Grandy Tinsley.
Speaker 2: I'm intrigued by Mitchell Tinsley.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, Tyson Anderson special teamer. Clearly he's not. They don't believe he's an answer in.
Speaker 4: The second Yeah, safety Robull caliber special teamer, but never once got a chance on defense.
Speaker 2: I think that says a lot.
Speaker 3: Lucas Patrick back his depth on the offensive line. Yes, I would like see that Bolson I've brought about.
Speaker 4: I completely forgot about Cordell Volson and Marcus Wilson depth.
Speaker 2: Surefied. If the money's right, I don't have any problem.
Speaker 4: I think this offseason we need to have more conversations about depths.
Speaker 2: A great question about to have great depth? No question?
Speaker 3: Uh okay, wait in this segment before we run out of time of the segment, we have to do our AFC North card. It is brought to you by Brand Stenters, Gangarroop, your hometown roofing, guttering insiding experts covering Cincinnati Holmes for over twenty years.
Speaker 2: Visit go Kanga dot net. They hop to it.
Speaker 3: AFC North Preview would be the showdown the final game of the regular season the Ravens the Steelers for the AFC title on Sunday Night.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, who are you rooting for?
Speaker 3: I kind of default to rooting to rooting for anybody that plays the Steelers. I just don't want the Steelers to win the division, so I guess I'm rooting for Baltimore.
Speaker 4: I think it would be funny if Tyler Huntley played really well and they win, and then Lamar comes back to the playoffs and they lose.
Speaker 2: They lose.
Speaker 3: I think we've taken care of that set, so let's come back and wrap it up with the little college football to put the final finishing touches on all this.
Speaker 2: He's Austin, I'm Lance.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Shot and Round Table Show, Long nexs in Wilder presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right down the Stretch we Go.
Speaker 3: Final segment of the ninth final segment of the season from Long Necks in Wilder The Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon round Table Show presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Hawksword Blood Centers, Hawksword Donor Save Lives Close to Home, Who will you save? And before I forget and run out of time, we cannot thank Long next enough, all three locations for having us back again this season. We love the setup. They always take care of us. We look forward to doing it again next season. There is no better place to do this show, and week to week it is. It's an easy due because of how they treat us. And thank you to everybody. In fact, by the way Laura's working behind the bar tonight. I will tell you right now, if you are looking for treats like cheesecake cakes, cupcakes made of cheesecake on Facebook, go to Weck Bakes, Weck Bakes, Wet Bakes, and Laura is responsible for all of those. She is the creative genius behind cheesecake. You would not believe six inch cheesecake, nine inch cheesecake, cheesecake cupcakes, you name it.
Speaker 2: She is fantastic.
Speaker 3: She's not hearing all this praise I'm heaping upon her, but I I do think and thank you to Mike Mills, who has been by our side every single week this season, and we very much appreciate him. Joe Waddell Producing, who's been back there for just about every single night, and uh, I'm gonna put them head of the list because of their dedication, their friendship, their photo taking and their gift gig giving Fran and his lovely wife Phyllis. It has it would not be the same without you, so thanks, thank you for being a part of this show. There's been great progress shown by Fran and his ability to use his phone and take pictures with a flash, and we like progress from that standpoint.
Speaker 2: And now I think I think once.
Speaker 3: Next year rolls around, Mike is gonna have to bring an extra pair of headsets because I don't think she's giving him back. I think she's gonna listen every week on the headsets yea.
Speaker 2: And I think she's gonna have her own show nine to midnight after the round there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, could you see the Fran and Phyllis show nine at midnight seven hundred WL? I really can wow? That would be big. All right, I'm gonna run out of time here. Let's do our first look at Sunday's opponent. Game Day preview, brought to you by Game Day Men's Health Get back in the game today. It's the Cleveland Browns. The only question I will pose from all of that is how much would you, if at all, play Joe Burrow?
Speaker 4: Do you remember Joe Burrow's first ever preseason game against the Miami Dolphins. He handed the ball off twice and threw a smoke screen to Jamar Chase and he was done. They should do the exact same thing on Sunday if he if he is so adamant about playing, I don't want him to play more than a series. I want him to hand the ball on it as a preseason treated as a preseason game. It felt like a preseason game against Arizona yesterday or someday. That's how you got to treat it as far as I'm concerned. Give Flacco a chance, maybe get Browning a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would be inclined to at the start of the week, which was all I guess. Yesterday, I was thinking, maybe the first half, turn it over to Joe Flacco to face his former team. In the second half, I might be understanding of a quarter with Joe or a couple of.
Speaker 2: Drives, and then that's it. I just I've seen it and it's not I've.
Speaker 3: Argued all along, players play, and I wanted Joe to return to play.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I think as well as he is played in this stretch, it's almost like box checked.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I don't need to see anymore.
Speaker 3: So if if you give me maybe a drive and hand it off, I think I'd lean your way and be good with it.
Speaker 4: I had the same thought earlier today. It's like, you've proven what you've needed to prove. You came back, you found a way to play, you gave it your all, you rebounded from the awful game against the Ravens. Everybody knows who you are and what this is supposed to look like. You just can't risk with all the stuff that has to happen this offseason, you can't risk doing that again with an injured Joe Burrow. And I agree with you, players should play. I agree with all of that, And it's just I also don't want Miles Garrett to destroy him, to set the record and get that sack. Rather that be against Joe Flaco or Jake Browning. And I don't think Joe Burrow is gonna be Michael Strahan to Brett Farv and just lay down for Miles Murphy either or for Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I've seen enough. I'm done. I'm good.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's travel Rockies Road brought to you by Queen City Metro. Metro is hiring a play at godash metro dot com slash careers. We thank Queen City Metro for being a part of the show. Each and every week. Rocky is on assignment. I honestly don't remember which game he's doing, but I know he's on the road, so that qualifies for the read of the card. And look forward to working with rock again next year. Let's do the Kelsey Chevrolet College Football Preview.
Speaker 2: To wrap it up.
Speaker 3: Kelsey Chevrolet is lighting up the season with big savings and the big news today. By the way, Kelsey Chevrolet, my guys are back for extra innings next season. As the sponsor of Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Innings, they're gonna be continue to present sports talk. They're gonna be presenting Down on the Farm, the college football preview, the college basketball preview. That makes me very happy. I am honored. I'm excited about that. So thank you guys for being back. And that will lead us into our final thoughts in the college football playoffs. Your Buckeyes will play tomorrow night, first time in twenty five days. My goodness, Please condense this schedule next season, get rid of buys, do whatever you have to do, but I'll ask you again one week later. How do you feel tomorrow night, when you're gonna be banging pots and pans and eating Buckeyes. How do you feel about your buck Eyes against the hurricane. I think I feel a little bit better right now than I did a week ago. I believe in Jeremiah Smith, I believe in Matt Patricia. With twenty five days to prepare in I guess twelve and a half days or whatever it is to prepare for the Miami Hurricanes, I think Ohio State has more talent than Miami has seen.
Speaker 4: At any point this season. I got the buck Eyes, but I do think Miami covers. I think it's a seven to ten point game.
Speaker 2: All right. You know what I would do?
Speaker 3: My final thought on all the college football I was thinking about this because January twenty third is the deadline to make their recommendation for what.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do next. I would do.
Speaker 3: I would expand to sixteen teams. I get rid of the buys, I get rid of conference championship games. I do home field for the first round and the second round, and that would squeeze. I would squeeze the schedule and say nobody's going twenty six days be between all days, because this thing is just dragged on, just dragged on.
Speaker 4: I don't love all that, but I can I can get with it as long as we get rid of automatic qualifiers as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean as well.
Speaker 4: All right, we're I got Georgia, I got Alabama, I got Texas Tech as well.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you're taking Alabama to be Joe Bonn Hills, Hoosier. Give me the time you're out of here. I was enjoying this until now. This was fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you for filling in for Rockets having Thank you everybody for being a part of the show throughout the year. Stick around the West Miller Show is next. Happy New Year, everybody. It's the Cincinnati, tex Resolution powered by Tope Showdon Round Table Show Long Next in Wild are presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW