Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning, back with second date update. We got to say what's up to Javier this morning? Good morning, Yvier.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, thanks for calling, thanks for listening. Let's see if we can help you out. So your date's name is Priya and she ghosted. So let's talk about like what went down on the first date. Tell me all about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So met Pria. She she's amazing, right, she really sparked my interests. I thought everything was going well. We met at this busy, topest place over on Castro Street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my favorite place to eat in Mountain View, period. Like it's so festive there.
Speaker 2: Right, So she came straight from work and you know, she still had her badge clipped on. I thought we had a cute little moment where you know, I pointed out she laughed about it and clipped it, and then you know we kind of went into that happy hour mode. Uh you know, sure, you know, we had a couple of plates people watched for a bit, and then you know, I thought everything was going well. Uber pulled up, she got in, she gave me a hug. So I thought all good signs, right, and I was like ninety five percent sure there's gonna be a second date, and just nothing, you know, just ghost Yeah, just nothing, and so like, I don't know if I did something or if something happened.
Speaker 1: But I'm assuming you've replayed this in your head a few times.
Speaker 2: Like forever, like I don't know if. Like again, it's like, was there something in my teeth? Was my breast smelling bad? Like I thought I showed up fresh. I thought I showed up smart, And here I am with nothing and I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we're gonna call her. I mean, you know the drill. We'll have you on the line. We'll have you muted so you could listen in. But let me see if I can give her a shout for you. I would love to get some answers. I'd love to get you a second date. It's kind of why we're here. Let's just get to it. Let's call her and see what's up. Go ahead and meet your phone. Here we go. Hello, I'm looking for Priya.
Speaker 3: Please all right, this is Pria.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Pria. It's Marcus calling from Star one oh one three. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm okay, how are you doing doing all right?
Speaker 1: Do you have a moment?
Speaker 3: Sure? So?
Speaker 1: Do you listen to my radio show. We're doing second Date Update right now. Does that mean anything to you?
Speaker 3: It sure does. Great, let's do this, Pria.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like you're already at work, like you're one of the early riser types.
Speaker 3: I am at work, actually okay, stepping out really quickly.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it so much. So we're doing second Date Update right now. And I did get it. I got I got a DM from a guy who just took you out, and he's feeling like maybe you ghosted. And I'm wondering if we could talk about your date with Javier.
Speaker 3: So Javier is listening right now, isn't he is?
Speaker 1: Are you there?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I am, Oh, Hi.
Speaker 1: Well here we are. Can we talk about the dates? What did he do?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm I'm just figuring he did something strange.
Speaker 3: But you tell me, yeah, you know, I'm not gonna lie. This is a little awkward for me, Xavier, but if you're going to this great length to find out, then I owe it to you to be honest with you. You know, it was nothing like huge. It wasn't like some dramatic reason why I'm I guess in your words ghosted, it was like two smaller things that happened that night that felt a little strange for me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know. The first thing was like in the beginning, when we got our food and before, like Javier was like seasoning his food. He I don't know, I guess I've never seen anybody do this, but like he tasted the salt that was on the table and it was just like a little pinch on his finger. But then he like put the salt on his tongue directly. It's like he was trying to see, like, oh, is this gonna taste good on the food or not? Okay, I thought he was kidding, you know. At first I thought he was trying to be cute and playful, But like the second time, when he was like pouring on his tongue, I was like, oh, okay, this dude's serious.
Speaker 1: What was he doing.
Speaker 3: I learned something new that salt blooms at like different rates, and he just wanted to know the kind of salt he was working with.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by blooms?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, well, Javier, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what you taught me. I guess kosher salt gets salty like right away, and then the Himalayan salt takes a minute.
Speaker 1: It's that serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so like it's a gastro thing, right, Like you you really want to experience the full flavor of what somebody made for you, and you know salt looms at different rates. So I just like to know, I.
Speaker 1: Get it, but like you're not cooking the food, right.
Speaker 2: But like I mean, like you know you are paying for it, you didn't cook it, but like you want to experience the full flavor, right, get the most out of life.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean I get it, I get it, but just not on a date. So was that what weird? Did you out?
Speaker 3: You know? Like I just learned that you know, red flags start off as pink flags, and like, you know, I see a little bit further down the line where let's say I'm cooking dinner for him. I don't want to have to worry about the pH balance of like oregano, which I'm sure hobby or can teach me about, but you know that can be a little OCD for me, and I am a little bit more go with the flow. Okay, you know there was something else that was pink was kind of going a little more red for me. It came a little later, you know, as we were finishing our dinner. We started talking about hobbies. Great conversation, but then he just casually mentioned to me that he applied to be on a reality dating show once and said it was his personal experiment, not because he wanted to be on TV, but he was just curious about like the whole application process and he just wanted to see how far he could get into the show. And then the dude filled out forms, he did a casting interview, and I guess he said they didn't, you know, put him on the show. He never got called back, But of course I asked him, were you dating anybody at the time that you applied for this show? He said he was, but it wasn't that serious.
Speaker 1: That's red flag for me, so he didn't tell her he was on the show.
Speaker 2: Great, Yeah, but I didn't get on the show. First off, it's reality TV, right, Like, I'm sure all that stuff scripted. Anyway. He had to apply for it, just like you would any other job. I just wanted to know what the process was.
Speaker 3: Now. See, I think if you're applying to be on a televised dating competition while you're in a relationship. It doesn't sound like curiosity to me. It just sounds more like you're trying to audition your love life and see what else is out there. The point is like it could have gone somewhere, and then what would you do, Like, let's say i'm your girlfriend, you'd explain it to me after the fact that you auditioned, or would you telling me before. I wouldn't want to open, you know, like watch some show and then see my partner kissing some other girl just as an experiment. To me, the fault. It's a little weird, but you're harmless with it, you know. But the reality show saying I don't want to just be another one of your experiments just to see out of curiosity.
Speaker 1: Sure, now, hang on, you guys, hang on. That is very strange. Second date update