Speaker 1: And Jay's how was the rest of your Sunday after about say four thirty yesterday?
Speaker 2: I feel I feel a little hungover after that Bengals loss. And I didn't have any beers this weekend.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: I was at a buddy of mine's house and he had shoot, probably maybe ten twelve people there, Yeah, all watching the game, eating wings.
Speaker 2: And whatnot, and all.
Speaker 1: Old friends, and everybody's in a jolly mood. And I'm I'm kind of I can't go to a party like that. And I see I'm not a good guy to go to a party like that because I actually watched the game. Yeah, you know, because everybody just kind of everybody else just has the game on the background and right, no big play, Oh wow, what's the score? Yeah, And and my buddy has a couple of TVs. He has one in his kitchen and there he is like a family room, you know, as opposed to also in the main living room. Yeah, And so you're just kind of wandering around and people are scattered around, drinking beers and carry it on and kind of glancing up at the TV every once in a while. And I think that it was after shoot, dude, after the first drive, I just I looked at somebody and I said, well, it's just gonna be a matter of how bad they beat them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Because so they get up ten to nothing, and then I remember like, uh what early third quarter. Uh, my colleague get to acquire Kelsey Conway. I sit next to her, and then we were just kind of like talking, Oh, these guys get the four and four and you know, now now you start thinking like, all right, can they bridge that gap to Joe Burrow and the Steelers getting waxed last night last night? You know how that the state of the a f C. And so you're starting to talk about that, and I started drafting my column or since saying dot com based around that. It's like, okay, all right, yeah, they've clawed their way back to five hundred and somehow, some way, you know, with Flacco fever and uh and then that old defense and in your mind, and I've written many, many columns about it, that def that bad, bad defense showed up in a bad, bad way.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is Flacco continued to be Flacco. Yes, the offense, well, except for the very very end, there did not sputter at all.
Speaker 2: They were killed it well, and even then I turned. I turned to Kelsey. Then I was like, I think the Jets left too much time on the clock. It was still less than two minutes there, and I'm like, okay, I felt like it was going to be a replay of of the Pittsburgh game. And then I'm like, ah, the Bengals better. I literally said this, I'm like, the Bengals better not score too fast here because of their defense. Because it did. It felt like the team that got the ball last was going to win at that point. And uh yeah. And I know some people were like, you know, there's a lot others, some questions about oh I go to Yoshi there, and I'm like, yeah, there can be. I can't see why anyone would criticize the Bengals offense. You score thirty eight points, especially with a forty year old quarterback. It just came in here a couple of weeks ago. And you know, he did what he did against the Steelers, did what he did against the Green Packers in the second half. Obviously he had a really good day yesterday. Doesn't turn the ball over. I don't know how much else you can ask for. It's honestly, there are things. They remind me a little bit of the Reds, like, because the Reds can't hit, there's so much pressure on you know, their pitching and their fielding to be perfect, really in order. And it's in some ways it's the same thing here. Obviously different sports, but you know, there's so much pressure on the offense to be perfect, and it's just not realistic to score every time. Now, you know, I think people got spoiled there in that Steeler scheme because they did or almost every time they had a run of what they scored seven of eight drives and at one point they scored six six in a row on six drives in a row. I mean, that's dang near perfect, and they still just squeak it out. But you know, it is not a recipe for sustained success is trying to outscore the other. I know that sounds a little funny, like of course, of course, whether it's seven to six or what, No, what we been in seven to thirty six?
Speaker 1: Now, what's the most common discussion going into this season? Yeah, what do you okay, are you expecting to win every game seventy to sixty eight or something?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, come on, man, right, because it didn't work last year, correct, I mean that offense was potent last year and they still didn't make the playoffs with the healthy Joe Burrow and you keep going back to that, and then you know, and I know this is now rearing its head with all the comments that player personnel director Duke Tobin made it at the combine about you know, hanging on to some paraphrasing, but you know, you know, he talked about, you know, maybe they ran it back with some guys a little too much that he felt like maybe he needed to bring in some fresh blood. And again I'm paraphrasing, and then he did say I don't want to pay for the same roster on defense, and uh, they've paid for the same roster on defense pretty much Rollian not even as good. No, no, I mean, yeah, you look at that, and it's just like, I mean, I wonder, like how many of those guys on this defense would start and Trey Henderson obviously would start.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, do you know where the extent of his injury because I have not.
Speaker 2: Heard I know Zach yesterday. I mean he's talking right now to the media as you and I sit here and talk. You know, I know he had. He was asked in the press conference and he didn't have a report at that point. And he's been he's been battling a back injury over the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: And because I was going to ask you if they okay, and that's been the common chatter lately, I'm not you know, I'm not saying anything new here, But if they lose to the Bears this week, is he trade bait?
Speaker 2: Realistically? Yes, And again I think it's hard to trade a guy who's not healthy. So yeah, right, you got to see the extent of his injury, but he should be trade bait, and honestly, they should have traded him in the off season in retrospect. But obviously all that stuff's hindsight. I think that they I don't know what they could get or how many guys they could trade because this defense is so bad. But he's certainly a guy that you can maybe get something in return, some kind of a draft pick in return, and look, they need to stockpile as many draft picks as they can get and hopefully use them wisely. Well yeah, I mean, but and also just the fact that by the law of averages, the more you have like you're bound to hit on someone, right, I mean, and I say that a little tongue in cheek, and I wrote that in my column today, But in some ways it's true because they're draft picks defensively. You know, since twenty twenty two, they've taken sixteen of their thirty draft picks on defen you know a little over half, and not name one guy of those sixteen who's you know, really performing at a high level. That is an incredible statistic right there, that none of those sixteen guys have have have performed. And you know, Trey Henderson was a free agent, and then you know they let Jesse Bates go. And I keep going back, and I've written this many times in my column. Tell me what they have done to improve this defense since they left Kansas City after losing the AFC Championship game in the twenty twenty two season, but you know it was in twenty twenty three, Like, what have they done to improve this defense? That's a that's a that's an open ended question because I don't know if anyone has a legitimate on that.
Speaker 1: All right, well we'll take a couple of calls. We're going to sprinkle them out throughout the show. Let you sound off on at five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the big One. Your thoughts on that game yesterday, and I'm sure everybody has a lot of thoughts. Yeah, let's say check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 5: Well from the U SEE Health Traffic Center with a stroke Cavarty, Second Towns and so does your team home to wrap in life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn more you seehealth dot com. On seventy five, we're watching So Towns between morn Ring and Highway nor Wood Laddle. About a five minute delay through the road to work and so down's to Cooper Norwood Ladder westbound off Rampt to Paddock picking up an accident here it's on the entrance ramp off on the right hand side. We do have police on the scene. Seventy five northbound filling in Mitchell to Paddock, and we also have eighth Plum with a crash and police are there now. On to seventy five, we're seeing heavier pockets approaching that the Indiana Kentucky state line with the Carol Cropper Bridge. We're continuing that's going to be in place for a little while longer. Watch for westbound in south boundelays. I'm Rick schrempduw's Radio seven hundred W t WELLW the.
Speaker 1: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight overcast skies, forty seven for tomorrow clouds, and fifty seven it is fifty seven L News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you've asked yourself the question before. What's the worst part of getting your hand chewed up in a garbage disposal? No, it's not the screaming, or the fountains of blood or spending the rest of your life trying to figure out how to work a doorknob. The worst part is that it could cause you to miss part of my show, The Scott Sloan Show. But there is hope with the hand you have left. Just punch up the podcast of my show on the iHeartRadio app and catch what you missed. It's a win win for us, all Nubby.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by Starbucks. The Pumpkin Spice a latte is back at Starbucks, handcrafted.
Speaker 2: With Eddie, with Jason Williams in for Rocky.
Speaker 1: Taking a few calls about your thoughts on that game yesterday by win three seven four nine seven eight hundred.
Speaker 2: The big one. Start out with Kurt and Madisonville. Hey, Kurt, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hey? Eddie?
Speaker 8: Ain't Jason Hey?
Speaker 4: So that.
Speaker 9: I don't understand why Zach Taylor wasn't fired last night, because I mean, he just got completely out coached. He abandoned the run when it was working, he went back to the throwing the ball, and and I mean, I just don't understand what Zach Taylor is doing.
Speaker 1: You know, I agree with your Kurt to a certain extent, and that especially they were they were Chase Brown was running the ball down there, the Jets throat yeah.
Speaker 9: Oh and Simon J. P.
Speaker 2: Ryan was doing say absolutely ry as well.
Speaker 9: You know, I think our offensive line is definitely improved over the last couple of last couple of weeks. But I mean we just our defense is just terrible. They can't tackle, they pick all the wrong angles, uh you know when they're when they're chasing these guys down.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's just torrible.
Speaker 9: It's really hard to be a Bengals fan, it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Kurt. I mean I get stuff, Kurt, and so I can't argue with everything. He said. Interesting how Kurt immediately goes to the because that's that's what you know? Really, I mean, that's how what how Bengals fans are conditioned like, because the Bengals have put so much in the offense, is that when the offense isn't perfect, or the offense, you know, isn't doing things away like wait, that was working before that. That's our that's kind of our general natural inclinations, those who follow the Bengals to be like, well, what happened to the offense? But I don't blame Kurk for his frustration, certainly I sumed it up pretty well.
Speaker 1: Then let's talk to Jack and Claremont County. Hey Jack, what's up.
Speaker 10: Yo?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 1: Well we lost Jack. Let's get to Todd. Hey, Todd, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Buddy?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 9: I think it speaks a lot how lou and Roumo is doing in Andiannapolis with that defense.
Speaker 8: He obviously wasn't the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, that's you know what, That's something I was going to bring up Todd as a matter of fact, just read, uh was it in the inquired Jason they're talking about? Or maybe I just saw it on social media? A fine man was made a scapegoat of and it was a picture of an aruma.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: That was my That was exactly my column right after they fired and back in what was that Janey in January when they fired him? That was like, I mean, I called it right there. It was a scapegood. I mean, this guy was talked about as one of the top five defensive coordinators in the game the previous year or and then what was the year before that? He was you know, lou An Romo was a hot name for head coaching job, so he didn't suddenly forget how to coach. And Innanapolis Colts are They have the best record in all of football right all of the NFL right now, and their defense is a big part of that. They rank in the top ten and you know, fewest points allowed. Let's talk to Brad. Hey, Brad, what's going on, Bud?
Speaker 8: I'm good, Hi Eddie, Hi, Jase, Brad.
Speaker 11: The first ten to twelve plays on defense.
Speaker 9: We look like we're gonna, you know, wipe the.
Speaker 4: Stadium with them.
Speaker 2: I totally yeah.
Speaker 9: You had number the forty nine, Breck Carter, he was all over for the first tame fifteen plays. I don't know what happened after that, but the.
Speaker 8: First ten to fifteen plays on defense looked really good to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Brad, and thanks Brad, because well that's why I said that earlier. I thought, I thought, man, the first I don't know, almost the first full first quarter, I'm thinking, Wow, like I said before, how bad are they going to beat them?
Speaker 2: Because it was looking like it was going to be an ass whipping it did, and it seems like, you know, on one hand, you're like, yeah, you gave them a chance, but you're up fifteen, like if you know, it feels like you're up fifteen in the late in the game, like yeah, you know, yeah, they're not really giving them a chance to get back in it. But a combination of a bad defense for the Bengals and I think a team that's just like the heck with it, like we're just gonna go play and sling this thing around and run it and let's see what happens. I think that was the mentality of the Jets. And if you look at the Jets, you know, they had what five losses by a score, so they were they were yes, they were zero and seven, and they're bad and they're a mess, but only on the flip side of that. You know they're pretty close. They're pretty close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk to leave.
Speaker 2: It's Joe in Lexington. Hey, Joe, what's going on? Buddy?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Real quick, I just want to say, yeah, there's a pattern being said, you know and don't know and the police chief of Cincinnati. Uh, you know, I know that would come back to hauntum. But I blamed the front office and just this.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, ah did Joe say the police chief?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well I accidentally lost him there.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get to Penny and right quick. Hey Penny in Middletown, what's up.
Speaker 13: Hey, I want to just throw out there. You know we were going into this game, go hope we're gonna win. We're lucky enough to get the score first. Well, our guys are gung home and we get down there and Jack says, no, don't go for it on fourth.
Speaker 10: Get the field gone.
Speaker 13: I mean, there's no points anyhow. He just told them I don't believe in you.
Speaker 14: Go for the vehicle.
Speaker 13: And I feel like he isn't rowllying the boys like you should. Well oh I should have said, man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Penny and thanks and no argument here, And I think maybe something did didn't occur to me, but just their talking to Penny. Maybe that's that shows you something how much the Jets respect the Bengals defense that they went for it on fourth from their own like thirty four or whatever it was. Yeah, that tells you something done.
Speaker 1: Yes, coming up, we're going to be talking about the lowering cost of oil. What the hell is going on with that? That's after the news rolling down News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: The city says it wants to ensure an accurate and thorough review with the three to thirty report on Seawn Gallagher breaking now, the City of Cincinnati announcing the law firm that will conduct a review of police department leadership.
Speaker 17: The law firm of Frost Brown Todd has now been chosen to lead the independent review into Police Chief Teresa Thiji. Her leadership of the Cincinnati Police Department has come under fire this year amid a spike in violent crime, and she was placed on administrative leave this past Monday, pending the outcome of this evaluation. And a statement released Monday morning, city leaders say they are committed to a fair process, stable leadership, and maintaining the trust and safety of the community. They're also reaffirming their commitment to interim police Chief Adam Henny, saying he's already implemented initiatives to strengthen public safety by expanding the bike patrol unit, establishing a full time SWAT team, and more. I'm rick Yuchino, who's Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center. With a stroke, every second counts and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn more health dot com. And on seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock, we're looking at about a seven minute delay. We do have seventy five sowing southbound Ronalwig and Highway to Norwood lateral through the roadwork about a five minutes slow down from Cooper and also the Norwid lateral westbound on ramp from Paddock is where we have a crash on that entrance ramp. The right shoulder is blocked and the cleanup is underway. Del High Avenue at Anderson Ferry and West eighth at Plum Cruise are cleaning up accidents here watch for slowdowns. I'm Rich REMP news Radio seven hundred w W the.
Speaker 15: Ladies Forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Big changes happening this week across the Tri state range. Chances of building into midweek, which is going to be soggy and cold for today, a mix of sun and clouds. Heikes here sixty two. Tomorrow a slight chance of rain, but slightly cooler temperatures in the upper fifties. But Wednesday is going to be the Wednesday and we'll look at those temperatures only in the upper forty to around fifty. We'll look to dry out into the weekend. From your severe what the station, I'm nine first one to meteorologist kJ Jcobson's vidio seven hundred WLWUA.
Speaker 16: Gad radar at this time is starting to show some range shower activity moving in from the south into parts of southern Boom County. Also seeing shower activity in Southeast Indiana, mainly in Switzerland County. At this time, our current temperature of fifty eight degrees. Newsday's service of Express pro tire and auto. It's the final week of early in person voting in Ohio ahead of the November fourth election, and hours are being extended. County election boards open until seven thirty tonight. Tuesday hours seven thirty am to eight thirty pm. Wednesday through Friday boards will be open for early voting from seven thirty am to seven thirty pm, and there will be weekend hours Saturday eight am to four pm, then Sunday afternoon from one to five, which will be the final day of early in person voting. A judge axtending a temporarily temporary block on Governor Mike Dwin's executive order that would set a ninety day ban on the sale of intoxicating hemp products in Ohio that is now on hold until December tewod. Currently, Ohio has no laws regulating those type of hemp products, as lawmakers are considering multiple bills that would set regulations.
Speaker 3: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 19: He's a Bengals Uday, brought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals followed to three and five after that stunning loss to the Jets, more on Bengals Line tonight at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night Football Washington and Kansas City at seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty MLS Playoffs, Game one of the best of three first round series Tonight, Columbus Crew up against the FC Cincinnati Action at six fifteen Fox Sports thirteen sixty Baseball Game three of the World Series Tonight, Blue Jayson Dodgers in LA Series one to one. Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Sports Final Number one final half hour of trading on Walls treat. The numbers currently show that the Dallas up two hundred and seventy nine points, NaNs TEK up three hundred ninety eight, and the S and P of seventy four bit is at four o'clock. I'm Sean Galviager News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Bet three six five paying out before the final whistle.
Speaker 2: Check out bet three six fives unrivaled early payout offer.
Speaker 20: You bet on the team to win and they take a seventeen point lead, You'll get paid no matter the final score.
Speaker 2: Forget the final whistle and start counting that cash.
Speaker 3: Hold up.
Speaker 2: You get early payout on Parley's too down.
Speaker 21: We'll be out and see.
Speaker 6: Why have you never ordinary at bet three sixty five gambling problem called one hundred gambler twenty one plus only let's be physically located in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Tancy's apply. Welcome to tire Discounters. Oh hi, a phantom, Mike. I think I saw a fox on my way in oh That was the Carfax car Fox.
Speaker 1: He was congratulating us on our Carfax Top Rated Service Center Award.
Speaker 2: I have always read entire discounters at the very top.
Speaker 1: Thanks, so does Carfax, and not just for tires, but for all our services too, alignment.
Speaker 2: Breaks, shocks and stretch and more. Yes, sir, but Mike, do you think people believe Carfax over me? Well, you are the phantom tire buyer.
Speaker 22: Fume, diabetes, high blood pressure, anxiety, meds.
Speaker 8: Everyone's on them to day.
Speaker 1: So Jason don't know. Well, I'm sure, I'm sure you have. Notice the falling gas prices. I only need I guess that. I just drive back and forth to work every day pretty much. It's not like I'm driving, you know, I only drive about five miles a day to to and from work, and so I don't need gas that often. But the last time I gassed up was late last week, and I was like, what that's how I was like, that's cool. How low gas was?
Speaker 2: I know, whatever reason I hit it when I had to fill up last week, I hit it in a moment where I'm like, oh it was a little higher. Was over three bucks, and but I believe it's generally under three right now, isn't it what.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing around here for the most part? Yeah, as low as like I think I saw the other day like two fifty five or something like that. Let's talk to a guy who knows why this stuff is going on. He is Ray Trevino. He runs Peko's Country Energy down around the Fort Worth area. That's where they're headquarters.
Speaker 8: RT.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, as always a pleasure.
Speaker 23: Oh thank you, gentlemen for having me on this great Monday.
Speaker 2: So RTI, what can we attribute this to? What's going on?
Speaker 24: Well, you know, we've got so many things going on, from President Trump's drill Baby drill mantra, to the seasefires that we're seeing in the Middle East right all the way to the tear floor on China and the continued sanctions on Russia.
Speaker 1: Now, how would that be helping us in our in ro because I know that oil production is way up here in the in the States. Are we making are we making up for sellom to the people who can't afford Russian oil anymore?
Speaker 24: You know, that's a great question, and yes, he's The answer is yes, it is because of the fourteen million barrels a day that the United States produces. And keep in mind that OPEK no longer has the hold on global markets.
Speaker 2: As they used to.
Speaker 24: To keep in some perspective, in the nineteen seventies, OPEK had somewhere around fifty percent of the global market cornered.
Speaker 23: Now they only have five to seven percent.
Speaker 24: So with us only continue to produce more oil than we ever have the price, we are actually keeping the price low for once, and it is America and the Americans that are keeping it down.
Speaker 2: The ones I work in the industry. Do you see that continuing on? Certainly? You know during the Trump administration, do you see more oil rigs and oil companies and for lack of a better term, opening up opening up business of drilling.
Speaker 24: You know, we will always continue to produce because keep in mind, as we are producing the most oil that we ever had, we do have to continue to drill more wells. Now, I do think our wells will be bigger and more efficient moving forward. For an example, a well that used to be one mile lateral, those wells are now four times at which means that produces as much oil in some cases as four wells used to. And we will only continue to get more efficient and the independence like Peykas where I work, we're only going to continue to show how we can keep operating expenses down during times like that and get return to our investors.
Speaker 1: Ray Gelvigno was our guests and Rtie, you know, without getting too wonky for us for US citizens, explain how that works, the drilling latterly process.
Speaker 2: That's fascinating to be how that all works.
Speaker 24: If you can imagine, Traditionally, we drill well straight down into the ground, We dig a hole, and then at some point we decide that there's a formation that we've always targeted and we try to get as much.
Speaker 10: As we can.
Speaker 24: But now what we're doing is we then as soon as we're done going vertically, we go horizontal into that zone so that we can then even get more oil out of the zone rather than just straight down. And that has been a game changer along with fracking, and as fracking technology continues to only evolve, we're going to see more and more output as well.
Speaker 2: Is there enough oil in this country for to sustain America alone? American? You know, we use our oil for.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a great question.
Speaker 24: I think combined with natural gas, we could actually sustain ourselves.
Speaker 23: Keep in mind that we are producing fourteen million barrels of oil a day.
Speaker 24: However, America as a whole, we average using twenty.
Speaker 23: One million barrels of oil a day.
Speaker 24: So with all the natural gas that we flare, if we could actually harness all of that as well, yes, there could be a chance of us actually doing something like that down the road. All of that being said, I just want to say that that would not be possible just through the infrastructure that America has at this time.
Speaker 1: So, Artie, who we always talk about the Middle East and why not, but who, for all intents and purposes, is the most potentially oil rich country on the planet.
Speaker 23: You know, I'm going to sit here and say that we are with liquid natural gas.
Speaker 24: However, you know, Saudi Arabia and all of them still are the producers of the actual oil.
Speaker 23: Just like we are.
Speaker 24: But right now, as we continue to move forward to cleaner versions of energy, natural gas will be the next big energy source, barring something from nuclear happens that we don't know about to where nuclear is able to become even more affordable overnight.
Speaker 2: What's the goal and so getting back to what it means to the three of us and all of our listeners when we're out, you know, filling our tank up. What will be the goal as we do the you know, the so called drill baby drill thing, you know, is the goal to get gas prices to X amount of dollars and keep it there or to keep going down? Like what what? What generally is the sweet spot that you know, the people who make these decisions and I want to get this too.
Speaker 24: Well, if you ask any oil and gas owner or producers like us, we're always going to say that that sweet spot is somewhere between seventy five to eighty five dollars because at that price range per barrel, the United States economy can can continue to grow while every American isn't going to feel it as.
Speaker 23: Big in the back pocket.
Speaker 24: But really, one of the main goals right now is energy national energy dominance just just as national security is important, our energy security is right there at the same And make no doubt about it. As we continue to lower the gas or prices, that means countries that don't like us, like Russia and Iraq for an example, a few months ago, that price becomes even lower to where they can't continue their wars.
Speaker 23: On terror, are their wars around the.
Speaker 24: World where they have to come to the bargaining table with America to figure out.
Speaker 23: A better way.
Speaker 1: So Artie, also you're talking about natural gas, how does will that translate into powering cars eventually that type of thing.
Speaker 24: That's definitely one place I do see it going if you take a look. I know here in the North Texas area, our mass Transit is already using compressed natural gas for their buses. And you know that again, it burns so much cleaner than even gasoline does, and we have so much of it here in America. If we could actually build the proper infrastructure across the United States, we can have natural gas powering everything from the heaters in New York to the fireplaces in California, and it would be so much safer, not only for the Americans, but also for the environment.
Speaker 2: I understand like gas taxes are different in every state, but you mentioned, you know, the sweet spot being for the industry to get it around seventy five dollars a barrel. What does that translate into in places like Ohio and Kentucky, Indiana? What does that translate into generally per gallon?
Speaker 24: When I'm at the pump, guys, I mean, we're we're already seeing about a five percent drop in the price. I think the week of October twentieth, the US gasoline retail.
Speaker 23: Average was a dollar eighty three.
Speaker 24: But so we're gonna be seeing that two dollars price range here, which is just amazing.
Speaker 8: That nine.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and so we're going to continue to see that as kids.
Speaker 24: That's exactly what I was going to say next, that when you look at it, historically, prices are always lower, just naturally be the fall and heading in the winter. We will see a quick bump when the refinery shut down and switched over to the winter blends, but then will be right.
Speaker 8: Back at it.
Speaker 1: All Right with that, Ray, we hope everything you've just talked about is going to come true and by Christmas time we'll be looking at that two dollars gallon We're going to hold you to it too.
Speaker 4: RT.
Speaker 24: I can't wait, as you know, it's being recorded. So I'm on there for saying.
Speaker 1: All right, you're on record, our record, Rgie. We appreciate it, man, Thanks so.
Speaker 4: Much, Thank you guys, have a wonderful week.
Speaker 8: Thank there.
Speaker 2: Ray Trevino Pego's Country Energy. And let me tell you something, Son, we were one vacation Demona were out in the California. Uh, we actually stayed at California. Was on the Nevada board Tahoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, North Tahoe and the Nevada line is about you know, if we stay on the Worth the north part of the lake and the Nevada line was probably it's about ten twelve miles from where we are. Yeah, so we and just just going around. We just like to drive around the lake and you know, taking the sights and stuff. In the Tahoe City where we where we always stay, the gas was like five I want to say five forty, between five forty and five sixty a gallon. You could drive that ten miles over to Nevada and it was about.
Speaker 2: Two ninety nine a gallon because of Texas. Oh, in California. That's insane. Man, because I think you were there what in September, right, Yeah, yeah, well mid to mid August, mid August, and I was telling you because I was out in LA for the for the Reds Dodgers series covered for the Inquirer, and oh that it is just it's the brutal. It's crazy to look at the gas signs there because it's like we've never ever in my lifetime fifty years, I have ever seen that. Every time, every time I look at it, I think it's a mistake. And that was like a five fifteen Yeah we're gallum. Yeah yeah, I mean I got I got a twenty year old Toyota Tundra. Like I haven't done the math on that, but my goodness, Like how much would I would?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't drive, I was gonna say I would. Uh With that, we check in with traffick and weather.
Speaker 5: What is going on well from the U see Health Traffic Center with a Stroke Every second Counts and sodas your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see Health Clear Choice for stroke care and learn more. You see health dot Com. Crash on two seventy five in Kentucky, East bout of Taylor Mill Road has about an hour delay now with so down's back to Turkey Foot Cruise are on the scene trying to get this cleaned up. Entrance ramp of Norwolateral west bound to Paddic still affected with a crash that's off on the right hand side. Seventy five North Balumb Mitchell Paddick is about a seven minute trip in southbound seventy five through the road work from Ronald Reagan Highway down in Norwoo Lateral. It's about a five minute delay and don't watch for heavier pockets are traffic because of the work now on the Combs Hail Bridge to seventy five Eastpod has all three lanes affected here through November. I'm Rick SHREMP News Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight overcast skies, forty seven for tomorrow clouds, and fifty seven it is fifty seven Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, mister Pinney, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what you see.
Speaker 25: That looks like Scott's Loan eating a meat loaf, and this one I see George Washington, Washington. Yeah, he's playing paper football with Scott's Loan. And this one I see a man and a woman making love very good, but she wants him to hurry up so she can listen to Scott's Loans.
Speaker 2: Scott's Loan.
Speaker 3: You may become obsessed.
Speaker 6: Join me Scott's Loan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred.
Speaker 2: W Well, you are a disturbed man. This report is sponsored by All State.
Speaker 3: Some people just know you.
Speaker 2: Today. Come up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be talking to our legal experts, Jeremy Rosenthal about the effects of the government shut down on the court system, because pretty soon they're going to be like furlowing judges and stuff. Right, no federal court hearings crazy. So we're going to start seeing more and more. We'll see the trickle down impact of it. Longer it's shut down, see how it goes. We'll talk to Geral going to.
Speaker 2: Go if it goes to Thanksgiving and the travel Thanksgiving and yip ye and I'm supposed to be traveling Thanksgiving the week after thanksgivingsa and like to me and yeah traffic control nice. Uh, let me ask you. You were at the game yestery.
Speaker 1: Yes, and earlier I had said I was at a friend's house and when there was probably ten twelve people there, and you know, everybody was being joevial and uh, And like I said, I thought I kind of went away from it for a while. Even though I generally I don't care what's going on in any football game, especially Bengals, I'll watch all of it. So but people were scattered around and then it looked like it was going to be such a butt weapon. People kind of were filtering around and talking and.
Speaker 2: On and on.
Speaker 1: But then you could kind of see people kind of cocking their head a little bit there in that fourth quarter and going, h well whatever and uh. And anytime the Jets would score, I just assumed that the Bengals were gonna match them and they were never gonna catch up run out, and then the clock was gonna run out, and that'd be that. Let me ask what the mood in the stadium was yesterday. It had to be just complete craziness and then dead silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a lot of a lot of silence there in the in the fourth quarter with each Jets and then when the Jets scored that last touchdown, there were booze, and then when the Bengals didn't convert there on fourth down, there were a lot of booze. And but you would hear it on television. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Sure.
Speaker 2: The only the only way you can just translate that is the hope is gone. The hope is gone. That there was a lot there was. There was hope that you get this thing, the equalizer, the four and four, and then build from there. And now at three and five, it's over. And that that that's generally the sense that you can take away from those booze and that not just that it's over, but some changes need to happen, and people need to some jobs need to change here. I'm not in the I'm not in the fire. Zach Taylor Camp, I am not. I truly don't think he's the problem. I think the problem is above him. When you look at this this defense and the just repeated, repeated misses in the draft on the defensive players in the last you know, really the core of this team should have been built through the you know, the drafts of twenty twenty, twenty one, twenty two, and twenty three, and I mean, where's Miles Murphy, you know where where is Shamar Stewart. Where you go down the line and it's it all starts on the defensive line. And you got Trey Hendrickson there who's banged up, and then the last year of his contract otherwise you know your defensive captain. One of the three is Logan Wilson won't he got bench a few games ago, and then reportedly by Ben Baby from ESPN reported last week he's asked for a trade. I mean, that says it all right there. And and Zach Taylor called out the leadership. For Zach, I mean, you know he's never going to be real point, but you know he's like, hey, we need someone to step up in there. That's his way of calling out that there's no leaders on defense. But it goes above that. You get, you get what you you get what you drafted, you get what you paid for. And the Bengals are paying for very poor drafts and not spending any money and free agency on the defense. Well, and they're paying for it in a in a big way, big way, And we're watching it happen in real time and also watching it unfold. You just saw on social media a little while ago that Flacco is now day to day, I did a shoulder and uh, I'll tell you. We joked in the pres conference of our buddy Skinny and some inquire like when he came running out of that locker room, You're like, oh yeah, just the people cheered and you're like, all right, he's got this. He's ready to go at the heck of a story. But it didn't come to fruition yesterday.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: With that, we head to the news news radio seven hundred w l.
Speaker 15: W News Traffic and weather news Radios seven hundred w l Jabaque, Cincinnati. It is expected to bring wide spread destruction. With the four o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking now. Hurricane Melissa is bearing down on Jamaica. Forecasters say it's on track to be the worst storm to ever hit that island. Conditions will start to deteriorate tonight into tomorrow. ABC News meteorologist Melissa Griffin.
Speaker 26: Melissa already a Category five, but getting even stronger with the wind speed goes maximum to saint winds now up to one hundred and seventy five miles per hour around the center of the eyewall. Quote from the National Hurricane Center full structure failure possible within the high eyewall as it makes landfall on southwestern Jamaica.
Speaker 27: These storms also expected to cause massive flooding, create landslides, and dump several feet of rain. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 5: From the uc Hell Traffic Center. With a stroke, every second counts and so does your team home to a rapid life saving treatment and trials. You see health a clear choice for stroke care and learn more. You see health dot com. On normod Lateral westbound off Rampto Paddock Cruise are cleaning up an accident on the entrance ramp in Kentucky. It's two seventy five east bound after Taylor Mill Crashier has so downs back to Turkey Foot about a fifty minutes slow down behind it. Now in seventy five southbound between Ronald Reagan Highway Norwood Lateral construction delays of about five minutes. Northbound seventy five Metchell to Paddock is slowing and we have come UPBIA Parkway at Sugar Camp Road with an accident. Traffic is sewing from round the bottom road and seventy one filling it down Norwood later to Red Bank. My Rix Shrapnews Radio seven hundred w DWYLW.
Speaker 28: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 27: That's some rain moving into the tri State this evening from the south. We will see that rain potentially move over more of the Cincinnati area as the evening goes on. The overnight load tonight forty seven degrees, cloudy tomorrow with a high of sixty Then for Wednesday, rain mainly all day. Looking at pretty much a washout. High in the low fifties. Radar right now showing those showers moving up through northern Kentucky around Dry Ridge is where some of the heaviest and steadiest rain is falling right now. Fifty nine degrees news is a service of Low te Center. The Ohio House passing two new property tax bills recently, this time tying future increases to the rate of inflation. House Speaker Matt Huffman says it's going to simplify requests from local school districts.
Speaker 29: I think people are going to feel more confident about what they're voting for. They understand it. It's not kind of a replacement of a renewal of an emergency. Those things are going away. So people can say, Okay, you need eight million dollars extra because you've got more kids, or you've got you know, some sort of capital project. No, what we're voting for, will vote for that.
Speaker 27: Speaker Huffman on six to ten WTVN this morning at Democrats and even some Republicans expressing concern that school districts will be hurt financially in these new bills. The City of Cincinnati selected the law firm of Frost Brown Todd to lead the independent review into police Chief Teresa Thietjeep. Her leadership of the departments come under fire this year amid a spike in violent crime. She was placed on administrative leave last Monday, and the city has asked her to resign. An attorney representing her says she's not interested in that. And French police have two of the four suspects in custody in connection with the jewel heist at the Louver Museum in Paris. One of the men was arrested on Saturday evening trying to leave the country. The suspects are believed to have made off with one hundred million dollars worth of jewels from the museum last weekend. They have yet to be recovered. On Wall Street today near the closing bell. The Dow up three hundred and thirty seven points, Nasdaq up for sixty three, The S and P up eighty three.
Speaker 3: One hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 19: He's a Bengals Upday, brought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals follow to three and five after that stunning loss to the Jets. More on Bengals Line tonight at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night Football Washington and Kansas City at seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty MLS Playoffs, Game one of the best of three first round series tonight, Columbus crew up against the FC Cincinnati Action at six fifteen. Fox Sports thirteen sixty Baseball Game three of the World Series tonight, Blue Jayson Dodgers in LA series one to one. Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 27: I'm Jack Crumley, our next update at four thirty and Breaking News Anytime News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: This report is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 21: The new blinds. At blindster dot com, we offer guaranteed low prices, guaranteed satisfaction, free samples and free shipping. At Blindster, we take the fear out of order.
Speaker 1: Gradually, more and more we're starting to notice that the government, because at first you're like, wow, the government's not here and I didn't notice. But gradually it's going to start catching up with us.
Speaker 2: There's another great example of it here coming up exactly talking about our court system. It's the circuit courts, the district courts, and the furloughs are starting and as we've already heard about how it's going to affect, especially air travel and such. Here to discuss this court situation is our good friend, our legal expert. He is Jeremy Rosenthal. And Jeremy, how are we doing, buddy?
Speaker 8: I'm doing all right?
Speaker 2: How are you doing great?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: Do tell how how long before we're all going to notice this effect on the court system, because it just sounds like it's getting ready to really mess up.
Speaker 31: Courts are pretty resilient animals, so to speak, and I think they're going to service the public for as long as they can where you're going to see a lot of drawbacks are on not necessarily the judges and not necessarily the US Attorney's office. It's going to be more on clerks, Probation department, that type of thing, some of your mental health services that are sort of tied to the courts.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 31: That's where you're really going to sort of lagh And the longer it goes, the more damage.
Speaker 8: If you will, it will be done.
Speaker 2: So are they the courts right now are still just operating as is? Or are those folks not being they're not being paid right or currently.
Speaker 8: No, nobody's getting paid.
Speaker 31: Uh and and so kind of they did have some money that was sort of set aside uh and and they've exhausted all of that, so they're beginning to furlough certain folks. Courts have to take priority or give priority, if you will, to things that are sort of you know, constitutional in nature.
Speaker 8: And it's the obvious stuff, right, it is work.
Speaker 31: If you're the FBI and you need a search warrant signed because somebody is trafficking children, right, You're that's gonna happen, right, You're gonna you know, there's a judge who will who will do that and and and take care of that for you. If you have an inmate who uh you know, you're you're, you're. You can't just take people prisoner and then shut the courts down for eight months.
Speaker 8: We'll get to you in April. We know you're innocent until proven guilty, but you get it. We're out of money. Uh that that's not really going to work.
Speaker 31: So your criminal cases are going to get a lot of statutory preference there. If you have an if you have an intellectual property dispute where you deserve to be paid millions and billions of dollars for whatever widget you came up with from Apple, well you might not get a hearing it yet.
Speaker 8: That's that's right.
Speaker 31: That's where you're going to see some of that's that's where you're going to see a lot of those carawbacks. And again it's not going to be the front line people. I mean, sam Alito is probably going to read your brief. Whether he's getting a check or not. I'm just guessing. I don't know the man, but I don't know that he'll say, no, my check. I didn't get my check, So no, I'm gonna I'm okay. But there's a lot of other folks out there who if you're a clerk, right, the clerks are the ones who keep the records in a file document.
Speaker 8: If you have a document that needs.
Speaker 31: To be filed, uh, and you send it off to the clerk, you might not find anybody home.
Speaker 8: And and that's part of the system too.
Speaker 1: Jerry Morosenthal is our guests. And yeah, Jeremy, I started to ask you about that. As far as backlogging some of these cases go. I mean, it makes sense what you're where. You're talking about. The stuff that doesn't have to get done is not going to get done until whenever.
Speaker 8: Right, that's right?
Speaker 31: And yeah, and and to your point with everything else, slowly but surely if and when the grinds to a halt, it you won't notice it until you notice it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, good switching gears. Uh, let's talk about this gambling case now. Is the whole legality of the whole thing that went down with these NBA guys, It seems to me that that's pretty open and shut or or is it your.
Speaker 8: Thoughts, It's going to depend on what kind of evidence they have.
Speaker 31: I worry candidly as a sports fan, I worry about a couple of things. First off, I worry that the Cincinnati Bearcats are a little too good, and we might you might need to get a little you might need a little get a little Red Raider.
Speaker 8: Action in the Big twelve Championship.
Speaker 2: Well, we will see you there, son.
Speaker 31: I don't know if tech can get there or not. Anyway, excuse me, but, uh sports betting has never been more problematic. You have fan duel, you have DraftKings, You've got you've got betting casinos and online books that sponsor European you know, English Premier League soccer teams. It's on their jersey, right uh And and and so to keep the tentacles of gambling out of professional sports is has.
Speaker 8: Never been more of a challenge.
Speaker 31: Uh And and along with a lot of the gambling become becomes a lot of the vice, right, I mean, it's it is you know, big shock, the Gambinos are involved.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: Who knew that, when.
Speaker 31: When sports betting became ubiquitous, that I could make a bet on what the Bengals are going to do on.
Speaker 8: Third and short?
Speaker 31: Who knew that racketeering would would rear its ugly head and that players would be influenced by it? I worry that it's the tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 23: Currently.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, the regulation industry of sports books and do you see this, you know, like I think I think one of the I think it's law for if there is just some really abnormal action on something that the sports books are required to flag it. I don't know if I don't know if that's a federal law or that's just their own rules. Like there's an example here and just in Cincinnati a few years ago where yeah, it seemed like an obscure like, you know, Alabama baseball game, and it turned into someone from the University of Cincinnati put a ton of money on an Alabama baseball game and then flagged I guess the sports book itself flagged it quick, flagged it quickly, and that person I'm getting fired from the University of Cincinnati. And uh, I don't know what happened on the Alabama side of things. But is that a federal law that already a regulation in place for these sports books that when they see something that's out of the ordinary, they are required or is that just more of their own rules good business practice?
Speaker 31: Yeah, well that's a good business practice. And that's a great question. And I don't know that I have the answer for you off the top of my head. What I can tell you is that you're you know, who knew that you had to rely on the sportsbook industry to be the honest, upstanding you know, we're going to we're going to come and blow the whistle on our own customers type again, I mean, one of the things that you have and look and you can go back. You can go back over a century, right, you had the Black Sox scandal. You've got Pete Rose betting on baseball, You've got the point shaving scandals from the nineteen eighties, and in basketball, you're you know, gambling as a vice. And it will always be around. It's been around since the dawn of man. That prostitution addiction. We're going to be combating it a thousand years from now, right, So I think the best you can sort of do is to kind of.
Speaker 8: Hope to regulate it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 31: Maybe maybe you're able to your point, maybe you're able to flag it a little more effectively. Maybe you use some AI tools that say, gosh, there's really a lot of action here on this insignificant women's softball game from Brigham Young University. I'm just pulling. I don't even know if they get a softball to but you could you just you know, you know what I'm saying. So so that way you could sort of maybe maybe trigger and flag it.
Speaker 8: Now. I don't know how the FEDS got their attention on Terry Rozier or Chauncey Billups.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 31: The two allegations are are are are somewhat different. I don't know if you read about this or not. Chauncey Billups that guy is inviting really big fish to his gambling to to to like a poker night, and they've got like James Bond equipment.
Speaker 22: They've got like like X yeah, like the table, like an X ray table, and they've got like a card dealer shooter thing that will that will hear you know.
Speaker 31: Skip skip skip a skip skip skip king skip skip skiff you know.
Speaker 8: So so it so so.
Speaker 31: They're literally right. It is like that movie Honeymoon in Vegas. You remember with James Cohn's character. Uh, you know you guys, remember you guys, You guys are from like the eighties and the nineties, Okay, I.
Speaker 8: Mean the reason you watch is Sarah Jessica Parker.
Speaker 31: The reason you stay is for Nicholas Cage and the emotion and power he brought to.
Speaker 2: That role, right, absolutely, of course.
Speaker 31: But yeah, so like he goes and sits down with the guy, right and he's he's a card shark.
Speaker 8: And he gets whatever a flush, you.
Speaker 31: Know, and and and basically he says, well, okay, you know, I'm gonna take your chance out for the weekend and you don't have to pay me all this money. So it's kind of almost like that, except it was a little more loaded than just you know, we're gonna we're gonna lure you with card sharks. We're gonna just straight up cheat. So that's what Billips has caught for Rosier. It's more of your traditional point shaving allegation.
Speaker 4: It's more my.
Speaker 8: Foot hurts, I need to sit down. I can't. I can't, I can't.
Speaker 31: You know, I'm not gonna be able to get my twelve points that I need to cover.
Speaker 8: The the you know, the fan duel line. So so that would be a little more direct if you can prove it.
Speaker 1: And you're just your personal opinion on this, Jeremy Rosenthal is our guest, Jeremy your personal opinion as far as Chauncey Billups goes. Somebody was suppositioning the other day that maybe the maybe he did something in a game for the mob a long time ago, and finally they come back and it's time to pay you the.
Speaker 2: Pipe when he was a player, When he was a player.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that is that is exactly why.
Speaker 31: And in Cincinnati, I don't need to tell folks that, you know, because the Pete Rose, this is, this is why baseball was so hyper vigilant about gambling. Maybe too much, right, I'm not saying Pete Rose shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: I think enough is enough.
Speaker 31: I think that you know, you've got these guys on Porton's enhancing drugs who you can make the same argument that they've got no business.
Speaker 8: In the hall. But yeah, that's exactly how this happens.
Speaker 31: Is you get some athletes who like to play as well, and then they get in over their head. Phil Nicholson has been very vocal about some of his gambling addiction problems and and so, yes, it's very easy for someone when you owe somebody three four five, it's very easy for them to sort of lean on you and say you're gonna you're gonna shake your drive into the woods on the fourth hole.
Speaker 8: You know, it's very easy for that to happen. And then and then it's an integrity issue to your sport.
Speaker 1: All right, with that, Jeremy, it's always fascinating body. We appreciate it, thanks so much.
Speaker 8: All right, Bearcats Raiders, let's do it, all right, that'll.
Speaker 1: Be fun and we'll take that bet, all right, see you, buddy, Jeremy Rosenthal.
Speaker 2: But just the it's all such a tangled web we weave in it. Jason must said that any better. Hopefully this is a wake up call because you wonder how much of how much nefarious stuff is going on, especially college college athletes, college athletics. Now you know in the nil era, Hey, I'm out playing so and so, but he's making one hundred thousand. I'm only making ten thousand. So well, you know how many people are out there, you know, sharks and bookies and all that are out there getting to these kids. I don't know absolutely, Well, wait till it gets in high school. Damn. So on what it already is? Right? Well, the nil is yeah, I l with that. We're going to traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center with stroke everty second counts, So does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials? You see Health is a clear choice for stroke care.
Speaker 2: Learn more.
Speaker 5: You see Health dot count two seventy five he spot after Taylor mill Over An. Now we're delayed because this crash as a left lane blocked in Kentucky. We're back to Dixie Highway writing between Clark and Jefferson is an accident that has police on the scene as well. Seventy five north bound Mitchell to Paddock is about a ten minute drive. Right now, we're seeing heavier traffic on seventy one northbound from Norwood Laddel to Muald Reagan Cross County Highway. Seventy five southbound from Mama Reagan down to Norwid Ladl about a five minute delay through the roadwork and two seventy five at the Carrol Cropper Bridge. We have the delays because of the ongoing bridge work. Westbound, we're seeing so downs back to the Petersburg exit. I'm Rick repdews Radio seven hundred wd WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight overcast skies forty seven for tomorrow Clouds and fifty seven.
Speaker 2: It is fifty seven Now News Radio seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 32: Seven Lynch McAllister, your favorite Bengals player and anything else that's orange and black, It's Bengals Line. You're a three hour hooda hookup tonight at six seven hundred Wow Homes Recovering.
Speaker 30: This report Day is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 21: Looking for affordable blind shades or shutters for your home. Don't hire an expensive pro. Check out Blindstone.
Speaker 1: Bettie with Jason Williams in for Rocky Today rocks out to Tomorrow's want to be back on Wednesday Jason from The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. And coming up next, we're gonna be talking to our old friend Juliebalkie, workplace expert Juliebalki. Now one of the thing we're gonna be talking to her about, and I never I don't get this. If you have a job where you're afraid to take a vacation, you need a new job.
Speaker 8: Go job.
Speaker 1: Yes, you saw, I mean we mostly seeing the story of one in four Americans do not take vacation days because they think they're they're gonna piss off their boss.
Speaker 2: I was that guy once early in my career.
Speaker 1: Well, I get when you're super young, Okay, I can see where you Yeah, you know, you think twice about it, but hey, it's it's your vacation. I can understand there's something coming up. When back in the day working at EBN, we we were not allowed to take any vacations after like a certain time of year. There'll be middle of August because of the fireworks coming up. So you know, I can understand situations like that. Sure, And you know, see people working in retail. You can't take off a run Christmas. Whatever the case might be some special special circumstances. But if you're afraid to take a vacation because you're afraid you're going to make your boss bat, you're in a real bad situation.
Speaker 2: Son.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Either I mean either that or you're you know, it could be on you, right. It could be the fact that you just created that your job is your identity and that you feel like, uh, you know, you're you're gonna miss something that by not being there, and that it's your life. And I mean that was me early in my career. I'm like, I thought, this is I made it my identity. And thank goodness, I had great people leaders around me who helped me to realize, like this is the thing's gonna love you back. You know it's not gonna love you back your relationships in your life. Taking time for yourself is the most important thing to work for. Awesome, awesome folks. Now at the Inquire, our editor Broual Love is Uh, he's tremendous with things like this family, so you know it. Honestly, I feel like it's it's weird to think is having grown up with working people. It's it makes you better at your job to be honest with you when you and he gets take your time off. You earned it. You worked hard, sir. That's my taking time off.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna be talking Julie Balki about it after the news right now, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Preparing to take further steps to help those dealing with food and security with the four point thirty report.
Speaker 2: I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now.
Speaker 16: States across the country are facing a tough decision as November approaches and the government shutdown continues with no sign of an ending federal funding for food assistants will not be available come November, and that's pushing and that's putting more strain on food banks.
Speaker 33: Survivor is always a busy time for the Free Store Food Bank making sure people in the Tri State can enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner with the trimmings. Next few weeks are going to be even tougher though for the charity. If the government shut down drags on, people who get food assistants from the FED are not going to get SNAP benefits in November. Kurt Ryber with a Free Store, says, in Ohio, that's over a million people.
Speaker 34: You've got seniors, You've got military, cherry family, families with children. We have forty five thousand veterans to receive SNAP benefits.
Speaker 33: Fight Brother Scots Loshows seven hundred WLW says they could use more volunteers and donations to make sure they can meet the increased demand for their services.
Speaker 34: This community has really rallied behind us over the years, and I know that they're going to do that again.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Right News Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 16: Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center with a stroke every second counts and Sody is your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn more u sehealth dot com. On seventy five, traffic is sowing southbound as you make your way through the road work Ronald Ring and Highway to Norwood Ladder plan on about a seven minute drive from right around Shepherd Lane, and we have the accident on two seventy five eastpoted Taylor Mill Road taking up the left lane and heavy traffic from Dixie Highway. Over an hour delay through the area if you can just avoid that as a cleanup. Continue was reading between Clark and Jefferson accident with police on the scene. Stave about thirty two east bounded Olive Branch Stomach Road. Now we've got to crash here with traffic sewing in the area. Thanks for the tip on that. And seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock and seventy one north Normood latterle to Ronald Rigan Cross County Highway, Stop and go. I'm Rick sh REMP News Radio seven hundred double one.
Speaker 15: A little lates forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WL Jeff.
Speaker 18: Big change is happening this week across the Tri State range. Chances of building into midweek, which is going to be soggy and cold. For today, a mix of sun and clouds. Heikes near sixty two. Tomorrow, a slight chance of rain, but slightly cooler temperatures in the upper fifties. But Wednesday is going to be the Wednesday and we'll look at those temperatures only in the upper forties to around fifty. We'll look to dry out into the weekend. From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine first one to meteorologist kJ Jcobsey's vidio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Vaitar is showing in southern parts of the Tri State, mainly in Switzerland County, Southeast Indiana, and southern portions of Kenton and Boone County. Some rain showers that are pushing up from the south. Elsewhere, we have a cloudy sky and our current temperature is coming in at fifty nine degrees. News Service at Queens City Ford Cincinnati Police releasing security videos showing damage that was on to the statue of Bridge legendary broadcaster from Marty Brenneman outside Great American Ballpark police say it happened on Saturday, with the video shot from a high angle looking at the right side of the statue, showing an individual reaching for the microphone and initially bends it down while it remains on the stand. After briefly walking away, the person returns and it appears or trying to straighten the microphone, which then breaks off the stand. The individual then climbing up and appears to place the microphone on the desk and walks away. Police are asking for helping identifying the suspect. The video could be seen on our X page at seven hundred WLW. The City of Cincinnati is hired a law firm that will conduct a review of police Chief Teresa Thichi's leadership. Frostprog Todd will conduct that review, with the city saying the process will quote take the amount of time necessary to ensure an accurate and thorough review. This past week that you played on placed on paid administrative leave by City Manager SHAYL. Long, and she has retained Stephen m to represent her the decision to place stch on leave. Com says the city has tried to find ways to go back filing crime downtown. Two women hospitalize in a person of interest detained after a shooting early this afternoon in Warren County. This happened before one o'clock the intersection of Ferry and Lyttel Roads in Wayne Township. What led up to the shooting is still not known. No information on the person in custody, with an ongoing investigation.
Speaker 3: Seven one hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 19: Here's a Bengals lovepey, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals followed three and five after that stunning loss to the Jets. More on Bengals Line tonight at six oh five. You're on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night Football Washington and Kansas City at seven thirty on ESPN. Fifteen thirty MLS Playoffs, Game one of the best of three first round series tonight, Columbus crew up against the FC Cincinnati Action at six point fifteen. Fox Sports thirteen sixty Baseball Game three of the World Series tonight, Blue Jayson Dodgers in LA Series one one Bill Edison, seven undred WLW Sports Final.
Speaker 16: Numbers on Wall Street today, the Dow gaining three hundred and thirty seven points, NASA Cup four hundred and thirty three and the SMP Rising eighty three points.
Speaker 2: All right, nex update is at five o'clock. I'm Sean Galbager.
Speaker 16: News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 35: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station. Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Listen for all your music.
Speaker 35: Radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: It's the Medicare advantage annual enrollment period and you Manna knows this.
Speaker 1: Back with Eddie and Jason Williams in for Rocky Today and Jason into the break there where we're talking about it. The headline is no vacation Nation. One in four workers say they didn't take a single vacation day in the last year. While eighty two percent of US workers do have paid time off, nearly a quarter of those didn't take any vacation days in the past year.
Speaker 2: Not one one in four people. That's that's so, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It is crazy, and here to discuss whether it is our workplace expert and we we love talking or we don't talk to her enough. As a matter of fact, Julie Balki, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 10: Thank you. Just take that up with Sloany. Humanopolizes all my time.
Speaker 2: We didn't like to step on any toes around here, you know what. So so Jules, let's talk about this. I mean, if Jason and I were talking about it going into the break, if I should you be working at a place where you're afraid to take a day off or is that kind of speak to the Hey, you're that important.
Speaker 10: This country. We all so weird about vacation. There's this weird like it's a badge of honor to not take vacation. I love the phrase of work macho. I'm work macho, I don't mean time off. And it's such a it's so peculiar because when you think about some of the shifts that have happened in the employer employer's relationship, it's any semblance or any whispers of there might be some loyalome loyalty on either side or bond. And so I would say to someone who says I never take vacation because I'm afraid I'll lose my job, or I just don't take vacation, I'd say, what were you you're not impressing anybody. You're you know, you're not getting any extra points. You're not getting any extra job security. And right if you work in a place where it's frowned upon to take any time off work, your focus needs to be on finding another place to work, because that's that's not good, it's not healthy. And then someday, when you're on the lap lift, you are going to be so resentful because it's going to be the after all all the work I did here, I never took time off. I always took your calls. And this is how you treat me, just no advance, say yes, this is how in so many cases your employer looks at you. Is that your resource and we're going to use you as long as you will allow yourself to be use And if I can talk to you out of taking vacation or make you feel like your job is insecure, you don't care if you take vacation. You really need to take a hard look at how you're living your life. I just think that is just that's going to come back and bite you in the butt.
Speaker 2: Well, Julia, that's great stuff, and I'll sell on the eddy before the break. There is this used to be me back earlier in my career, and it was never anything like I felt like I'm work macho or I'm like, you know, trying to impress anyone. I just felt like I'd made work my identity and I didn't, you know, I was four, I was married, had kids, and I just thought like, I don't really have any hobbies, and I'm like, I grew up with hard working people. Although my parents they took their BK. I just thought like, this is what you do, and I'll tell you like it it led to it led to burnout, it led to like it led. It led to a lot of kind of a rough period of my life and like realizing like there's a lot more to life than you know, working twelve hour days. You know, it's six six days a week, and you know, still working on the other day at you know, some hours, and it blows me away. There's still obviously quite a bit of people like that, and especially I felt like COVID maybe changed our work world a little bit, but maybe not right.
Speaker 13: Well, it did in.
Speaker 10: Some ways, I think. So what's so interesting is what's what's called the younger generations. Let's just say gen Z and lenials, and that's let's call those younger generations and Gen X and boomers are over generations. What's so interesting. I just had an article today in Fact talking about how the younger generations are refusing to when their leaders say jumped, they don't respond with how high? They say why, what's the urgency? And they're realizing that a lot of times when you get in these rhythms of everything's an emergency, then nothing's an emergency, and that that is living like that is not healthy, It's not a long term strategy for career success. And so there they are already seeing what older generations have done for years as a mistake and they're refusing to do it. And so we have this weird sort of push pull going on in the workforce right now between younger and older workers. But every day that goes by, older workers lose that because more of them retire and there are more younger people coming in who I would imagine if it's fifteen years or so, the workplace is and look entirely different, and in a lot of good ways.
Speaker 1: Julie Valci is our guest and Julie one of associated with this survey. Thirty six percent of employees report feeling burned out at work? Can you hear about that? All the time? People seem to be more and more burned out at their jobs whatever they for whatever reason. But wouldn't that explain a lot if you if you feel guilty about taking time off and you don't take time off, you're going to get burned out.
Speaker 2: It makes sense.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, there's it's so complex. There's so many moving cards here, because yes, if you don't take hout time off from work, then yes, your health is going to suffer, your relationships are going to suffer, you won't be as you won't be as as productive or good at work, and it's not sustainable. And so there's that one side of it. But then there are if you are a person who, let's say you work to the type of leader who really frowns at you if you need any personal time, wants you to justify it, then you start thinking, oh, wait a minute, so I'm worried. Now, let's let's let's let's let's put that situation in the setting of the tough the tough job market today. So if I'm sitting in a job market where I feel like I'm not going to be able to find anything else. It's easy to make me feel like I have to do this or you're going to fire me. Where during COVID, you know, when there was all this job hopping and the jobs were plentiful, you could, at least in your own mind, you could say, I can afford to push back a little bit more because look, if this doesn't work here, I can go find something else very easily. But now people are really worried that if I don't do everything I'm told to do, then I'm going to lose my job and I won't be able to find another one, And so you're always trying to figure out which which side to fall down on. And also then you look at all these layoffs that are happening. Well, so if I have a department of ten people and I lay three of them off, where's that work going to go? It goes to the other seven people, and so you're you're the people that are left behind get piled on with the work that's not getting done because the people who did that work were being laid off. And so there's just a squeeze from the top. And it's just interesting to watch because gen X and boomers are still tending to kind of get on that hamster wheel for the younger generations. They're saying, Matt, you know what, my mental health and my health in general are more important than you getting this project done on Friday. And there's some immaturity in that. I mean, that's that's not one hundred percent right either. But it's just this push pull that we're in right now, and I think it's I think it's more push and more pulled on we've seen in a very long time.
Speaker 2: Do you see uh, do you see the changing as I'm a I'm a gen xer and so have a ways to go in my career, But would you see this these numbers changing when gen xers retire?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I do think. I do think that when So this past summer, we just passed the mark where there are more gen Z in the workforce than there are boomers. And so it's that the shift is happening very slowly. But just when you look at the way that millennials and gen Z think about work and the work role, the role work plays in a big picture five, it's very different. And so I would imagine we're going to see them lead differently. We're going to see them, you know, their their attitudes are going to be different. They may find with AI and technology it's easier to get more done, which then may lend itself to having a more balanced life. So I think they they're they're not gonna you know, we saw it the last few years when a lot of these boomer leaders pounded their deaths and said everybody, come back to work now, and a lot of gen z said no thanks, and they went to find something else to do. And so it's a different world and I'm here for it. There's some good stuff to it, but it has to work itself out. I mean there's we do need work done, and people do need to work and pay their bills and all that, but how they do it, it's going to look very different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. I think that's interesting because, like I remember growing up, like my dad was a it worked in a power plant and worked his way up. He didn't go to college to be in a foreman in that power plant, and my mom was an English teacher. They're both retired and enjoying life now, but I mean they worked their butts off. I don't remember my mom or dad ever calling in, but they never said anything to me or my brother's about like you you don't ever never calling sick or never take vacation. It was never that. But I remember taking up on myself just watching them, you know, who they were, and my mom always taking grad classes at night school at Ohio University, and it seemed like and I took it on as a point of pride that like, I'm gonna be like them. And I'm wondering that today, Like I mean, my kids are probably too young still to really realize that they're twelve and nine, but are kids growing up that way now? Like just seeing like that, that's a real point of pride for me, that my mom and dad are really really hard workers.
Speaker 10: What's so interesting, you know, is a lot the younger generation. Part of the reason they got this way is they they've lived through their parents getting laid off. So they watched it. They saw the stress on the household, they saw the stress on the marriage. They saw they saw it, and they so they internalize that work is not a guarantee work. You can work your butt off and still not be immune from being laid off. And so I think as parents, you know, I always just because of what I do, I always talk to my boys about the importance of really liking what you do and not being afraid if you're miserable, not being afraid to move. And so I think we I think when we are parents and we role model hard work. My dad worked really hard, like he put work first, and there was a real downside to that, and I think at the end of his life he absolutely regretted it because he realized what he missed out on. And so I think that awareness is there in the younger generation. I think they see what the sacrifices have been and say, you know, I'm willing to either do that to have what I want, or I'm willing to have less and work less to be a better partner, a better parent, a better community member. And so they're more about kind of rounding out the plate, you know, really filling the plate with the thing that they want to fill it with, not just work.
Speaker 1: All right, great stuff. Julie always appreciated.
Speaker 10: Might take some time off, you deserve some vacations, a few fingers. You're always on the.
Speaker 1: Case, right, I'm not one of those guys is afraid to ask for time off.
Speaker 2: Just ask my boss. You're making up for all those all the times you woke up at three in the morning on the roll.
Speaker 1: They owe me good lord, Uh Joe, get out of your trouble maker.
Speaker 2: Yeah see you, Jo. Thanks yous. Julie Baki our workplace expert. With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 5: Now from the u SEE Health Traffic Center With the stroke every second counts and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see Health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn more you seehealth dot com. Well, I have the heavier pockets on seventy five northbound between Mitchell and Paddock, about a ten minute drive in southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan to Norwood Lateral. That's sewing from Shepherd seventy one traffic northbound Norwood Lateral to Ronald Reagan is again about ten minutes to trip. In seventy five between Western Avenue and the Brent Spence is a five minute drive. Now we're looking at seventy five northbound Turfway to Kyle's Lane. We had an accident on seventy five northbund that had been sewing things. That's out of the way. Still about a twenty minute trip. Though through the area. Brick Shremp New's Radio seven hundred wd WELW the.
Speaker 1: Forecast and the seven hundred WLW Weather Center for tonight overcast skies, forty seven for tomorrow clouds, and fifty seven it is fifty seven now News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: It's a true.
Speaker 15: Tom Brenneman names his pants and his favorite is called Percy.
Speaker 3: That is not true.
Speaker 15: Is it true that as a child Tom Brenneman hit under the covers and listen to the radio and he's incredible hulk jammies.
Speaker 20: Well, that's one of those yes, and those sort of things. It's a true Tom Brenneman. Bus these buns to start your day, right, That's true and I'm proud of it. Join me for the latest news, traffic from Chuck Ingram, weather from Jennifer Ketchmark, plenty of laughs and a whole lot more.
Speaker 15: Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred wl you.
Speaker 30: This report is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 36: Hi.
Speaker 21: I'm Kyle, founder of blindster dot Com. I started Blindster in twenty ten to make quality, custom made.
Speaker 1: Blocks for delivering the lowest mortgage rates in three years loan Proto's rate reduction Home loan program is a streamlined, low cost way to slash your house payments by hundreds of dollars a month, lock in at a fixed rate as low as four point nine to nine percent APR, and close in as little as two weeks. No appraisal needed in most cases, and you can skip your next two house payments entirely. Call five to one three eight hundred and fifteen fifty or visit loanproto dot com to lock in your new low rate and skip those next two payments. Call now five one three eight hundred fifteen fifty or go to loanproto dot com. Equal Housing Lender NMLS one six six one seventy one subject to lender approval NMLS Consumer Access dot org.
Speaker 2: Jeff Weilerhonda dot com.
Speaker 35: Live from the seven hundred W l W studios driven by Mike castrusey Ford in Milford and Alexandria. Check out the Tri State's largest inventory of brand new Ford Broncos, Super Duty and Ford Mustang at Mike Ustruseyford dot com.
Speaker 3: That's Mike castrucy Ford.
Speaker 17: You are listening to seven hundred W l W, also available on ninety four five f m W two three three BG Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Eddie with Jason Williamson for Rocky Today. And you were you were there at the game yesterday. Yes, we talked about the mood in the in the in the stadium. What what was it like when, cause we're gonna be talking to Lap as we do every Monday. What was the mood like at halftime when when Lap got his good the unveiled him and the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 2: Got a really great ovation from the appreciative crowd as so, but as you would have expected, sure as and the videos out there, like you know, you can't see it too well from the press box, but then when you saw the video or like, yeah, the jacket and Anthony Munia is coming up behind him and helping him get the jacket on. That was that was a cool moment. Uh Yeah. The Ring of Honor jacket that the Bengals give and it's you know, lined with tiger print on the inside. That's kind of the everyone who's in the Ring of Honor gets that that jacket.
Speaker 1: Did they have all the players down on the field, because obviously I haven't. I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: I actually I saw Boomer and Ken Anderson walking through. I had gone down there and I was walking through the tunnel and walked right by it, and I was like, that's Boomer Ken Anderson. I thought I saw in that group Crumbrae. Who's He's not in the Ring of Honor? Is he? I'm I'd have to go back and look at the whole list, but I thought I saw him in that. He isn't he? Thank you, Austin, he is in the So yeah, I saw him walking through this. All those guys were down there go on the field for it, and uh yeah, well be cool to see all those you know, Bengals legends all all together.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to Lap about the game and of course his uh, his feelings about being up there. I got a feel I just can't even imagine being honored like that from when you think back when you when your first fresh out of college and coming here. You know, from from draft day to yesterday, that's a long that's a long trip there, son, it is, and you want to see, like for a guy like him, you you want to see that franchise be successful because of how much he cares about Yeah, oh my goodness, we will have Dave Lapham after the news Right Now News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 15: News Traffic and Weather, News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 27: It is now something as basic as food that is in jeopardy for millions. With the five o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking now Cincinnati's Freestore Food Bank is expecting to have a lot more families in need soon.
Speaker 34: We had always encouraged folks if they have the capacity to make the gift now, especially during these more challenging times for the fans who are serving, now would be an opportune time to do that.
Speaker 27: Kurt Riber was on with our own Scott Sloan this morning. Every dollar to the free Store means up to three meals for local people. The website is give dot Freestorefoodbank dot org. Snap benefits are set to run out this week and government employees are on track to miss another paycheck. Both sides in Washington feeling the pressure to end the government shutdown, but twenty seven days in, there is no sign of an agreement in the Senate on a measure that would fund agencies. Democrats continue to block it as they highlight the increasing cost of health insurance bought under the Affordable Care Acts.
Speaker 37: With notices reflecting hiring Obamacare tax credits now going out. Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumers's Americans on the exchange plans will sit at their kitchen tables with sticker.
Speaker 8: Shock, say how the heck can we pay these bills.
Speaker 37: House Speaker Mike Johnson says the healthcare cost issue is too complicated to be addressed quickly. He insists negotiations can proceed if Senate Democrats vote to fund the government, but we can't.
Speaker 1: Do it while they're shutting the government down to appease the Marxist.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 37: Stephen Portnoy, ABC News Washington.
Speaker 2: Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 5: From the UCE Health Traffic Center with Stroke everty second counts and so there's your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You See Health is a clear choice for strokecare. Learn more at u seehealth dot com. On seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spence is about a seven minute drive. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock, stop and go on seventy one. Heavier traffic northbound Norwood Lateral Toronto Raging Cross County Highway southbound from MLKO seventy one is about a five minute drive. Vine at Glenwood getting reports of an accident with police on the scene, and two seventy five traffic west spound at the Carrol Cropper Bridge has so downs back to the Petersburg exit about a five minute delay due to the road work. I'm Rick shrempneers Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 27: The big backup eastbound two seventy five in when northern Kentucky is mostly cleared out but still heavy traffic volume.
Speaker 2: Damage done.
Speaker 27: You're slow pretty much all the way across the bottom of your eastbound the Wilder exit seeing some pretty heavy traffic volume and north seventy five through Kentucky's slow florence up to the two seventy five interchange in Erlanger eastbound two seventy five getting past Crestview Hills a bit heavy as well.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 28: The latest forecasts from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center advanced dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 27: We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com. Some scattered rain moving in tonight. The overnight low forty seven degrees. It will be mostly cloudy tomorrow with a high of sixty. Chances of rain begin tomorrow night and that will last pretty much throughout the day on Wednesday, a high in the low fifties. Radar right now showing those showers creeping up from northern Kentucky now in dry Ridge, Crittenden, Walton. Even areas around Rising Sun and Florence Union starting to see some of that rain as well. It's sixty degrees. News is the Service of Queen City Ford. We've now received a better look at the suspect to put his hands on the new GABP. Brenneman statue over the weekend.
Speaker 33: The brand new bronze statue of Marty Brendan outside of Great American Ballpark isn't even two months old.
Speaker 2: It's already been damaged.
Speaker 33: Somebody apparently knocks off the microphone on the desk in front of the Hall of Fame broadcaster late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Marty choked on the Morning Show with his son Tom on seven hundred WLW that it was probably a former Reds player who had a beef with him over something you said about him.
Speaker 2: On the air.
Speaker 33: Tom then asked us, Dad, if you'd rather have the governor of Ohio bring in the National Guard to keep an eye on the statue or put the Bengals defense in charge of security.
Speaker 29: I'd have a hell of a lot more faith than Mike Dwarne than I would Defense. I can tell you that right now, that thing would be a street and every one of it would stand there and wouldn't see it.
Speaker 2: Right Coach's News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: Cincinnati Police have now released surveillance video of the person in the act damaging the statue. You can see that video by following seven hundred WLW on the x platform. The order blocking Governor Dewines ban on intoxicating hemp products in Ohio has now been extended to December second. That's when the hearing will be held. The governor accused unscrupulous vendors of using a loophole in the state's legalization of hemp to make intoxicating products that look like candy with no regulation on them, and the law firm of Frost Bound Frost Brown Todd that is going to be heading up the investigation into the effectiveness of Cincinnati Police Chief Teresa Thig. She's been placed on leave as the city's been trying to remove her from office. On Wall Street. Today at the closing bell, the Dow ending up three hundred and thirty seven points, NASDAK up four sixty three. That's more than one and a half percent, nearly two percent. The S and P up eighty three seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 19: Here's a Bengals upday, brought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals follow to three and five after that stunning loss to the Jets. More on Bengals line tonight at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night Football Washington and Kansas City at seven thirty on ESPN, fifteen thirty MLS Playoffs, Game one of the best of three first round series tonight, Columbus crew up against the FC Cincinnati. Action at six fifteen. Fox Sports thirteen sixty Baseball Game three of the World Series tonight, Blue Jayson Dodgers in LA series one to one. Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 27: I'm Jack Crumley, Our next update at five thirty and Breaking News anytime News Radio seven hundred wlub.
Speaker 7: Thiss Report is sponsored by Starbucks. The Pumpkins Spice latte is back at Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Henry chat with this fellow right here, Bengals. Now it's official lap legend, Dave Lapham. It's right there. It's right on the wall.
Speaker 8: Buddy.
Speaker 4: Uh, that's true. I mean it is. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: We'll we'll talk about that in a second. Let's talk about what happened yesterday. Other than what the joy is of event that happened with you. What's uh talk about? Is that that's demoralizing in't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 36: I think that's a good word for it. You know, you go against a football team that's on seven, You think that you're going to be able to to you know, string another wind together and get yourself back to five hundred. Well, certainly doesn't turn out that way. You blow an opportunity to to gain ground on the division. Nobody in the AC North is running away with the division. But watch out for Baltimore. Here they come again. You know, they get their quarterback back and they'll they'll get things figured.
Speaker 2: Out in Baltimore.
Speaker 36: You know, John Harbaugh's as good as you get, so they will, they'll get things turned around.
Speaker 4: For sure. The warm will turn in Baltimore.
Speaker 36: The bottom line is that the Bengals just aren't playing consistent enough in any any phase of the game. Offense, defense are special teams. Inconsistency is the name of the game the Cincinnati Bengals at this stage of the season.
Speaker 2: Lap you were in the I saw you in the press room there in the locker room yesterday, and you know you were there for Zach Taylor, and you know he was He didn't. Yeah, and Zach's way, Yeah, He's never gonna name names or call anyone out directly. That's not his style. But you know, he was very very clear about the need for a leader or leaders to step up on the defense. What what did you make of that? And what are you seeing there from your perspective on the leadership piece of the defense?
Speaker 36: Yeah, I mean I think, uh, I think that that was the message that Zach was sending.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, Jason.
Speaker 36: I think he's he's basically calling his players out to step up and play the game the way it's supposed to be played.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 4: And you know you don't just need a leader, you need multiple.
Speaker 36: Guys, you know, on that on that side of the football really on both sides of the football and in special teams as well. But uh, you know, he feels like he's uh, he's voided leadership, and that can be a difficult place to be if you're the head coach.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 36: The message that you're trying to you're trying to convey sometimes doesn't get delivered because you don't have a conduit at the player level in terms of like a captain of leader, that type of thing to handle that task. So bottom line, again, they just have to step up and play better. They just have to get it done. You know, nobody's going to hand it to them, nobody's going to.
Speaker 2: Do it for them.
Speaker 36: You just have to put your nose to the grindstone and work and uh, you know, keep working until you get it figured out and and you play better and finish football games.
Speaker 1: So Lap, let me let me ask you, speaking of such, what happened there in the fourth quarter, because for for the most of the game, the Bengals were we were talking about it earlier and watching the game and listening to the game yesterday. I mean from almost all the way through the four for the first quarter, I think I'm talking talking to my buddy, and I said, man, this is not a matter of if they're going to win, it's by how much? And uh and what what happened? Did the Jets adjust that uh that well or did the Bengal just kind of fold their tents.
Speaker 36: I think it's a combination, Eddie. You know, I think I think both things took place. You know, I agree with you. I thought one of the biggest keys are the biggest key to the game. When we were talking in pre game about keys to the game, you know, was getting off to a fast start.
Speaker 4: And they did. They played, They were playing well. They had a two.
Speaker 36: Score lead, you know, right away early in the football game, and held on to that two score lead for a long period of time. They didn't they didn't turn the football over. I mean, Joe Flacco is he's allergic to turnovers. It's just not happening. He's not he's not throwing interceptions, he's not spitting the bit in terms of fumbling the football.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's given the Bengals that chance to win games. He's playing.
Speaker 36: Uh, he's playing well enough at the quarterback position to get it done. And that's the most important position really, you know, how the quarterback handles things.
Speaker 4: And I think they've got a.
Speaker 36: Winner in Joe Flacco, and somebody knows how to He's been around a hell of a long time, and he knows what it takes to win football games at a very high level in terms of, you know, consistency of winning efforts, and everybody else has to follow his lead.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I mean, is that he said it? Just it felt like a real, just steady game for the Bengals. And even you know, three of the Jets' first four scores in that game were by field goals. I mean even there at the end of the first half, you know, the Jets drive down, but they have to settle for a field goal, you know, as time expired to you know, the Bengals remain up twenty four thirteen. Then you know, in the third quarter, again the Bengals defense, after an eighty yard drive, hold them. And it felt like it felt a lot like that Pittsburgh game. It was a kind of a bend, don't break type of type of game for the Bengals defense. Did you see something, you know, you're putting your analyst cap on. Did you see something flip there? Like we're going into the fourth quarter, because you know, the Bengals are up thirty one sixteen. You've held these guys to sixteen points, and I know they're zero and seven, but you know, you look at their scores and they're the've been real close. They well, so what three games by two points? Was there something you saw there in them that kind of just like, oh they figured something out here in that defense is prior to that, like you just you know, it felt like it was a ben don't break defense performance by the by the Bengals.
Speaker 36: Yeah, you know, like we talked about earlier, I agree with you. I mean, I thought that the Bengals played well in the beginning of the sea beginning of the of the football game. I thought they they came out and came out with enthusiasm and energy and all the things you need to win a football game. But then defensively, they allow the New York Jets five hundred and two yards Are you kidding?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 36: Five hundred lush yards to an zero to seven football team at your stadium, at your home. That's like, are you man? That's ridiculous. So you know they get miles to go before they rest. There's there's no question about it. You know, they they're not.
Speaker 4: Playing well enough at any phase of it.
Speaker 36: There's not consistency offensively, defensively or special teams. And until they, you know, improve in that area, they're gonna suffer, you know, more tough losses. And because the schedule doesn't get easier, you know, they're gonna be playing a lot of recent football teams down the stretch for sure.
Speaker 1: Dave Lapham is our guest and LaPier we were talking about the defense and the and the problems there, but it seems like that offensive line is really coming together.
Speaker 36: Yeah, I think the offensive line, they're showing signs of improvement. I think they're they're understanding what their their new offensive line coaches is expecting of them from a technique and fundamental standpoint.
Speaker 4: You know, I do think that they've They've got They've.
Speaker 36: Got some leadership and veteran play at the center position, and Ted Carriss and he's the leader, he's the captain, he's the leader of the of the entire football team. And and then they've got a couple of big monsters at the at the tackle position. I mean, Orlando Brown is a big man six', eight two hundred and twenty hundred and thirty pounds And amarius Mems is you know right there as, well six, seven six, eight three hundred and twenty pounds. Themselves so they do have some components in their offensive, line and they're all the two tackles the book n tackles are high draft picks and highly regarded coming out of college and felt like they were everybody felt like they were going to project well to have storied, careers long careers in The National Football, league and hopefully that's the. Case but, again the offensive line as a, group all five, guys all five, components have to play well at the same. Time you, know it's not like one, play you, know, hey the guards played, well and then a couple of plays later these.
Speaker 4: The guards didn't live very. Good and then the.
Speaker 36: Second, quarterboy the tackles really. Dominated and then you, know after halftime to come out and third quarter and, say, yeah what happened to the. Tackles so you know they have to you, know it's like you make a, fist and to make a fist you have to curl uh four fingers and wrapped your thumb and have a strong. Fist and right now they have five components in their offensive line that that you know is not making that strong. Fist they're they're playing a little bit disjointed and they have to get that turned.
Speaker 1: Around all, right let's flip the switch here and talk about your. DAY I i know you a little, Bit, Lap i've known you for a while AND i AND i know you can be a little. EMOTIONAL i was sitting there thinking about you, yesterday AND i mean your emotions had to be just electric from the time you got up until the time you walked out on that.
Speaker 36: Field, yeah there's there's no question about. It and, uh you, know a, big big part of the big, reason you, know friends and family traveled in from distances to to be part of it and to be part of the ceremonies and the events and that sort of. THING i, MEAN i had people From, california From, arizona from up In New, england up in The austin, Area, Massachusetts New, Hampshire. Maine you know it's, yeah they came from all.
Speaker 2: Over there's no.
Speaker 36: Question so uh it was They they wanted to be, here they wanted to be part of, it they wanted to soak it all in and.
Speaker 4: Celebrate.
Speaker 36: Uh AND i was most happy for my, grandkids because you, KNOW i wanted them to be of an age where if something like this whatever, happen they could understand.
Speaker 4: It and they.
Speaker 36: Can you, know they're fourth to sixth graders, now ten to twelve years, old so they get. It they understand what was taking. Place and you, know they call me. Buddy so they were, like, buddy you're going to be up in that stadium up. There you're you're, yeah right, now they're up. There the names are covered right, now but pretty snooping and have a ceremony and they're just going to drop those those, curtains and you, Know name's going to be there and two grandsts. Forever it's going to be there as long as the stadium is. THERE i, said, yeah as long as the stadium, There name's going to be. There, man that's.
Speaker 4: Cool they thought that was.
Speaker 1: Great that is that IS i, mean And jason AND i were talking off the year about it. TOO i, mean you think ABOUT i wouldn't imagine if If i'm, you that just flashing back in your mind from to go back and think of that whatever you were twenty two to twenty three years, old drafted out of college to come to this town and now to come to, that to that situation and to see that, Happen, man your heart just has to be bursting In, yeah.
Speaker 4: There's no, Question. EDDIE i, mean you, know snot knows.
Speaker 36: Kid Syracuse university now play this high school football up In New, england up in The boston are at fifteen miles northeast Of, boston a little suburb Called, wakefield you, know and get a scholarship To syracuse and goes pretty, well and you get to be a captain and an honor to be nominated and selected as a. Captain And i'm senior year and then playing some of the all star games at the end of that, season and A Senior, Bowl Hula, Bowl He's Sweats Rhine, game The Blue Gray. GAME i made the.
Speaker 4: CIRCUIT i was, traveling traveling, man AND.
Speaker 36: I was gone for a month and a half or so from from, campus traveling around playing these.
Speaker 4: Games it was. Great and then then the draft.
Speaker 36: Happens in seventy four and get drafted in the third, round sixtieth pick of the, draft and come To cincinnati and it's the Legendary Paul brown because my head, coach AND i was like in, AWE i, MEAN i literally was you, Know, yeah he's he's, uh he's a big part of the history of The National Football.
Speaker 4: League and immense.
Speaker 36: Respect For Paul, brown What Paul brown. Accomplished AND i, Thought i'm going to be coached by a legend like. This, Man i'm the luckiest guy in the.
Speaker 1: World all, Right, lap congrats again and what do You what do you got coming up to nine on the?
Speaker 36: Show, yeah tonight we've got you, know three hours of Angles lance McCallister AND i and we give our opinions and observations about the, game the thrill of success and the agony of unsuccess and the non success in plays and.
Speaker 4: Snaps so we'll go through all all of.
Speaker 36: That but then also we've got all kinds of player interviews that that were recorded before and after the after the football, game during the week of the, shows you, know the various shows leading up to the football. Game so, yeah fans that are interested and want to hear a recap and and here the wise a whereforce of what went, right what went, wrong and what they're going to do to correct these things and play at a better level for a longer period of time and win more football. Games Tonight's bengals line show is a good opportunity to get, educated.
Speaker 1: All right with that big guy, again congratulations and will be.
Speaker 4: Listening appreciate you, Man thanks very, much.
Speaker 2: Opportunity so Thanks. Lap There's Dave Lapham lap them forever on the facade of the. Stadium pretty, cool it's pretty it's pretty. Cool, great very very very well. Deserved with, that we check in with, traffic the, weather what is going on.
Speaker 5: Right well from the Ec Health Traffic center with a stroke every second counts and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical. Trials you see health is a clear choice for a stroke care learn. More you see health Dot. Com construction on seventy five Southbound Ronald Reagan higway To Norword lateral has about a ten minute trip now from a right Around shepherd and we're seeing the heavier. Pockets also pretty big delay on seventy five Northbound Burlington pike To Kyle's lane And. Kentucky it's up to twenty five. Minutes heavier pockets two on seventy five Southbound freeman to The Brent spence and the northbound seventy Five metchell To paddock seventy one SOUTH mlk to right around four seventy one plan on the extra five minutes and a ten minute drive seventy one south to seventy five To Red. Bank my Bricks shren Produce radio seven hundred W welw the forecast and.
Speaker 1: The seven HUNDRED Wlw Weather center for tonight overcast, skies forty seven for tomorrow, clouds and fifty seven it is fifty seven Ol News radio seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 15: Wlw rising downtown violence and political pressure have catalyzed the chaos regarding The Cincinnati Police. Chief while the interim chief steadies the, ship will community leaders turn to a tried and true veteran to become police chief? Permanently or will a fresh face rise from within the ranks to Restore calmon? Credibility as speculation is, swirling keep it here for the latest on seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 30: Wlw this report is sponsored By Mel's Auto.
Speaker 27: Glass Mel's autoglass is a clear choice for your autoglass, repair replacement and recalibration.
Speaker 3: Needs call mails.
Speaker 1: All right back on The eddie And Rocky, Show rock Out. Today Jason williams from The Inquirer cincinnati Dot com is with me today and. Tomorrow as a matter of, Fact jason and you didn't know. It i'm telling you. That but before we get out of, here let's chat as we always like to do with our good Friend Alex stone FROM.
Speaker 2: Abc, Now, alex what are we. Seeing we're seeing kind of a pushback on the use OF ai and. Advertising.
Speaker 11: Now, yeah you, know a couple of weeks ago we were talking about how now there was THE ai movie actress who a company said that they were good to go and that she could be in any kind of, role and there was that whole debate of do you want to see that if it looks, real but if you know that IT'S. Ai but now today there are companies that are coming out and saying advertising wise that they're not going to do. It And Gas jeans they started USING ai models and there was backlash to it and that brought up claims of unrealistic standards of. Beauty so, today which is a clothing, brand they're, saying we knew it was time for us to take a clear stance the real life and real people will always be the foundation of our. Brand And dove is coming out saying that that they're pledging that they will never USE ai to create images of. Women this is A ceo of research company called Mix, Global Tash. Walker she, says this makes real. Sense and now now you've got companies coming out saying, who, well we won't do.
Speaker 38: It she told, us it's just a distinctive point of, view and that really draws people in because more than, anything what most consumers really wrong is to feel connected and to see and listen to human story.
Speaker 11: Experiences and if you know it's sake and you can't connect to. It heineken is coming out now and poking fun at a dating company that PROMOTED ai connections over human ones with a new ad campaign that says the best way to make a friend is over a, beer and they're mocking the WHOLE ai. Thing but there was a lot of anger over what guests, did and companies are trying to figure out where consumers stand on all of this and what the backlash is going to. Be the company behind the guests ad, campaign THE ai, one they are defending it saying that this is a starting. Point and well here here's what they're.
Speaker 38: Saying this is meant to get supplement and to, add you, know a new avenue of.
Speaker 11: Marketing a new avenue of marketing to supplement. It but professors are looking at, this others are looking trying to figure out the place OF ai. Is Marcus, collins a marketing Professor university Of.
Speaker 14: Michigan he gets this sort of putting your foot in the water to see how much people tolerate it until it's either rejected altogether or somewhere down the line. Acceptable it's pretty compelling for companies to use the technology because it helps reduce the cost of making, Ads but if the public isn't going to accept, it then making those creative assets aren't helpful at.
Speaker 11: All but, guys it really is this world of trying to figure out what consumers want and what consumers will will handle and. Tolerate and if you don't know if it's real or, not do you? Care and does it matter at that? Point because they look so real. Now but some companies are, today Like airy And dove And, heideken they're coming out and saying we will not do, it and they're taking a.
Speaker 2: Stand, WELL, alexai those a couple of, questions how do you know it was? Real did guests come out and say or do, hey this is? Fake and are are they required to even say? Right like somewhere in the fine print that these ARE ai generated. Images it makes me, wonder, like you, know where's The is there going to be any kind of government regulation around the use OF ai and truth and advertising and that sort of.
Speaker 11: Thing, YEAH i mean there's no rule that they've got to come out as of. Now but it became known that they USED, ai and some companies have made it known to kind, of you, know get their brand out there and to make it so people are talking about. It and, look we're talking about guests because of what they. Did and then there was THAT ai actress that the company is putting forward and taking out the talent agents now to see what they might get her booked in that this is a real.
Speaker 14: Thing you.
Speaker 11: KNOW ai is no longer where it gives you like eighteen fingers and makes everybody around you look like their faces are melting off like it was a couple of years ago exactly this stuff it looks very real now and sometimes you can't.
Speaker 2: Tell i'm looking at these images ON i found A cnn story on the talking about this get or the GUESTS ai generated. MODELS i can't tell the. DIFFERENCE i, mean they looked, airbrush but they'd be airbrushed and it was a real.
Speaker 11: Mode they would be they would be. Anyway, yeah and all they had to do was tape into a, computer you, know, blonde tight jeans and, boom there you.
Speaker 14: Go.
Speaker 1: See, now that's Where i've got to understand that maybe a little truth and advertising thing might come into, play, because of, COURSE i guess if you have the perfect, model the genes are going to look just as good on her as you can possibly conceive of in your mind with AN ai. Model but, still, WELL i don't, know it's also sketched at Me.
Speaker 8: Alex.
Speaker 11: Yeah but then there's the other side that when it comes to movies and commercials and that sort of thing that people are, like, well why do you? Care you, know they gets your emotion the same way that a human. Would but for, me if you, know it's not really a, human it's not the same. Thing but, YEAH i mean a lot of the ads that you see, now even on LOCAL, tv those ARE ai generated voices and sometimes you can tell sometimes you can't tell that. That it's just it's so hard to differentiate, now but what a consumers want and and companies are trying to figure it.
Speaker 2: Out well in companies, too, RIGHT i, mean way way less, cheap cheaper for them to have AN ai image than it is to hire a, model, RIGHT i, mean, yeah anything to do AN ai. Image, YEAH i mean.
Speaker 11: They're paying somebody for the technology and that's know how to do. It but for a voiceover or for an actor to do. IT i mean it's you don't have union, pay you don't have, breaks you don't have you, know, residuals you don't have all of that. Stuff they just type it in and, say you, know man riding a horse in the countryside and, boom they got it and he didn't complain about, anything and you didn't need the weekend. OFF i mean it's just it's so much easier for a, Company but in the end consumers may, say, no we don't want.
Speaker 1: This all right with, That alex will let you, go, buddy thanks so, much you got.
Speaker 11: It, thanks, thanks Thanks.
Speaker 2: Alex.
Speaker 1: Yeah in other well kind of related, News chase six people were arrested IN La this was a couple of weeks ago after they attempted to raise a banner on the Iconic hollywood. Sign THE lapd said the group trespassed all the way up the Because i've never seen it, live but we've all seen pictures of, it, Right, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: DROVE i was trying to find it actually WHEN i was In. La LIKE i, said you, Know, dodgers it's on a. HILLSIDE i don't know how you can get up to. It maybe and get down to.
Speaker 1: It but, anyways the way it ties INTO ai and stuff like that is they were going to try to raise a banner advertising.
Speaker 2: Cryptocurrency. Now one of the guys of the group said that the group wan would be one of the only to successfully alter The Hollywood, sign and so to do, that they were, gonna, obviously as one, does document it and put it on social media.
Speaker 1: Or try to make a documentary or something about. It so they filmed every step from creation to the, banner the creation of the banner to raising it with ropes as a police helicopter circled overhead. THERE i guess maybe they were streaming it live on THE x or something the. HELL i don't, Know so maybe that's WHY i gave them. Away so, hey promotion, achieved.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's exactly what they were looking. For they knew they weren't going to get that, well they was the idea to cover the Entire Hollywood sign or just guess put it up over THE h and THE o and the one of the two l's or no. Idea, YEAH i don't know how big because AGAIN i only see in. PICTURES i have no. Idea actually how big it, IS i don't. Either crypto would.
Speaker 10: Is?
Speaker 2: It and how tall is it looks to be? ABOUT i don't.
Speaker 1: Know i've always assumed it was like twelve to fifteen feet top something like. That but, anyways but, anyways it did, work and these crypto.
Speaker 2: Guys are now going to serve a little time in the. Jaint and another legal. News, hey at least at least they weren't trying to kill tigers in The. Amazon remember the group that hung the banner ON p AND G oh yeah a few years. Ago yeah around.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 2: Yeah another news In. ILLINOIS K John jennings Of Fairview, Heights illinois told The Fairview heights police officer who whose car he had rear. Ended the copy is, like, dude what are you? Doing and it goes up to the front of the goes back to the driver's. Side, Yeah and the guy, said, WELL i was bored AND i hate, cops so he just rams into the right into the ass of the cop. Car, okay there was reported that Officer Travis montgomery stopped a different car for an expired license plate sticker at that stage of the. Game jennings then drove his two twenty Eighteen Camaro this isn't a junkie into the back of his squad. Car jennings has admitted that he consumed alcohol and.
Speaker 1: Weed, Gummies yeah you. Think he was charged with criminal damage to, government support of property to, accounts, backery, robbery and one of aggravated.
Speaker 2: Assalts the cop and the occupants of the other car were, unhurt but the. Kids let that be a lesson to. You don't get all liquored up and a bunch of gummies and start picking a fight with a cop because you're. Bored, yeah you, may you. May that was an easy one for. Him that hardly ever works out for. You i'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Out it doesn't work out for a legal. Expert but that's my, hard my hard.
Speaker 2: Guess. Uh with, that we check in with traffic and. Weather what is going on