Speaker 1: All right back on the round Table show. Long next in Hebret presented by Postman Law, brought to you in part by Hogsworth Blood Centers, Hawksworth Donors, Save Lives, Lance mecalyst Rocky Boyman. Time to talk with our guy, Jeorge Us every week at this time covers the Bengals for c l NS. Since he with the Y dot Com host of the Jungle War podcast on YouTube. He's the man they call Trags Mike Petrallion Trags. I'm gonna ask you a question. I don't know if you've heard people are buzzing about this Joe Burrow thing.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to ask you what.
Speaker 1: Do your eyes show and tell you this week in watching Joe.
Speaker 3: Burrow, he's moving comfortably. He's throwing the ball with great fluidity and strength. He looks like the Joe Burrow we saw late in training camp and in the preseason. Uh Zach Taylor agreed with that observation on Wednesday that he looked terrific, looked out standing.
Speaker 2: On Monday.
Speaker 3: He's throwing the ball great. He even moved out of the pocket and individual drills. He's not doing eleven on eleven yet, but he's doing everything you would hope to see from Joe Burrow to this point, I hate using the cliche, but he's checking all the boxes. The one thing we don't know is how he will look when he's trying to move quickly the little dance steps inside the pocket to get out of trouble. Will his foot respond to that appropriately? But to this point, he looks tremendous. He looks very strong, and he also looks very relaxed. And obviously it's kind of dangerous sometimes to rate in the body language. But I will tell you both from his press conference on Monday and his interaction that we've seen at practice with Joe Burrow, with Joe Flacco and obviously Jake Browning and Sean Clifford the other three quarterback, the other two quarterbacks, he looks like he's getting along well.
Speaker 2: He looks comfortable. You know.
Speaker 3: I think he has in his mind the date of Thanksgiving night. I believe that's November twenty seventh, to return to action and be ready to go. And if he checks all the boxes, I don't see any reason why.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't tryers.
Speaker 4: I couldn't be more fascinated in this alleged contraption. He's wearing protecting his toe. Any information on what sort of brace, what sort of thing is being is on his foot now to help brace that toe.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't seen it, Rocky, and I'm sure it's you know, the orthopedic contraption on steroids if you will, it is the most complex orthopedic instrument that you could come up with. Is in there to protect and cushion the toe. What I'm curious to find out, and we probably should have asked us had we been doing our job properly on Monday, is does that give him any restriction?
Speaker 2: How does it feel playing with it?
Speaker 3: I mean, in in all fairness, at that point on Monday, he had only been at practice one day, So you know that's what We're gonna have to wait and see. How does Joe Burrow respond once he returns to eleven on eleven activities likely next week, and how does it feel and how does his foot respond from playing repetitively on.
Speaker 1: It and drags In terms of a return to normalcy, Jamar Chase is back to messing with him again. Huh yep, And that was hilarious today, saying he given the fact that Joe Burrow is such an mma fan.
Speaker 3: He likes to kick him, head butt them, punch him. And once he starts, he said, once he starts punching him.
Speaker 2: Burrow will usually punch back.
Speaker 3: And I found that fascinating. Was also interesting this began. You know, I thought it was terrific of Paul Day, energy of the athletic to ask this.
Speaker 2: When did this begin?
Speaker 3: And you know the natural assumption would be at LSU. Well, yes, it started at LSU, but not until his senior year because initially, Jamar said, Joe Burrow didn't talk to anybody, so you didn't know. If the guy's not talking to anybody, you don't mess around with him until you really get to know him.
Speaker 2: And that wasn't.
Speaker 3: Until their senior year together, and it's kind of continued while they've been together with the Bengals. Also, he said, would he asked if he would do it during games, He really had to pause and think, and he said maybe after a touchdown drive kind of mess around with him then, But I don't think you're going to be doing that after he just went three and out and you're down by seven points in the middle of the third quarter.
Speaker 4: So trying to I don't know everybody you talked to when the toe injury happened. Everything, every indication to me was that this thing was very serious. You know that that kind of thing nothing to mess around with, a very complicated kind of joint. So I think him the fact that he was activated on the twenty one day window on Monday was such a shock. What do you think happened? Did was? Did he just accelerate his rehab and really respond well to that? Was it not as bad as maybe people originally thought? What's the case here?
Speaker 2: The former not the latter.
Speaker 3: He definitely accelerated his rehab. And if you know anything about Joe Burrow and his previous four significant injuries, he's attacked the rehab process incredibly aggressively, getting back.
Speaker 2: Way ahead of schedule. And this has been no different.
Speaker 3: And you know, take this for what it is, but Burrow said that this he's been through ligament injuries before, and this of course is one of those. He said, this is hasn't risen to the complexity, certainly of the risks, which I think was the most complicated to come back from and the knee. This is not those type of injuries. He kind of figured, I guess early on after surgery and the way it was responding that he would be able to attack it, go through everything and ramp it up more quickly, and as long as your body responds, there's no reason not to continue on that path.
Speaker 2: The moment you feel anything.
Speaker 3: Abnormal, obviously doctors and physical therapists are going to tell you to back off and let the thing heal because you don't want to do more damage. But in this particular case, Burrow has made it to this point without any complications, knock Wood, and he anticipates on keeping that acceleration through to the practice field this week, next week and see where it winds up on Thanksgiving night.
Speaker 1: All right, Trags, You've got a lot more on this, everything from Joe Flacco and the twist and turn of his season and his reflections and said Johnson's opportunity and more. Tell everybody how they can read, watch and follow.
Speaker 2: Joe Flacco.
Speaker 3: Yoda of the Bengals during a season of chaos is what I have up there now on CLN S Sinc. With a y dot com. I had fun putting that together. Needless to say, he's just so much, He's so awesome to talk to and so insightful. That's going to be up there tomorrow. Look out for a story and column on Jamar. Chase and T Higgins also spoke, both being flat out surprised and almost shocked that Burrow was back on the field this week.
Speaker 2: That'll be up on CLNS since with a y dot com all of the locker room.
Speaker 3: Interviews, including a nice piece with Seda Johnson, who could be a big player in this week's game in Pittsburgh the defensive end in his third year out of Ole Miss. That's on Trags at Trags, on the x t r Ags and the podcast page.
Speaker 2: As always, YouTube.
Speaker 3: Dot com, Slash Jungle Roar pod, must read, watch and follow.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, look forward to talking.
Speaker 2: To your next week. All right, gentlemen, take care