Speaker 1: This never, never, never happens. Guys, what happened?
Speaker 2: I thought it might not happen today, because you know, it's a weird day. I'm hosting Sean's not here. Yeah, but I did some hacking. I did the got int attention to the.
Speaker 3: News junkie dot com mainframe.
Speaker 2: Right right through the main frame, hacked the Gibson, hacked the planet, and we got a last minute message friends. Right here, we got a last minute message from those poor people crammed into the tiny west Jet airplane seats. Let's see what they have to say.
Speaker 1: Wait, Friday.
Speaker 2: We made it through a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and just barely starting off a Friday.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. That was a good start. We got pretty good with that.
Speaker 2: You guys nailed it, Thank you very much. How's everybody doing on a Friday.
Speaker 4: At a party? How the heck are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, deer in the headlights, watching the watching the watching the disclaimer play, and go oh, son of a bitch. I have fast fingers, but I cannot fix this in time. There's no way I'm getting that to that in time.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a strike of good luck. Everything only from here.
Speaker 2: It's almost it's just slightly worse than that week that we didn't have the Mortgage Guy Don jingle and we just had to make Sean sing it.
Speaker 1: Oh we just had you were gone.
Speaker 2: I think a couple of days I didn't have it at the ready and it wasn't in the law. And then so we just like Sean, this is a year up, buddy, this is it's your time to show. It is a catchy tune. How's everybody doing on a Friday, you guys? Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, doing great.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to see what this Friday brings.
Speaker 3: But also the weekend.
Speaker 1: What's a big weekend plans for Sabrina and Josh look.
Speaker 3: Like, well, we got birthday celebrations, so we didn't mention it this week. But happy belated birthday to Fritzy Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right, Chrits.
Speaker 5: Maybe if he would have showed up yesterday we could we could have celebrated.
Speaker 2: Well, he actually did show up on his birthday. He was kind of hanging around here.
Speaker 4: You could see him like just whizzing.
Speaker 2: Doing some paperwork, whizzing back and forth behind in the camera shots. I have birthday celebrations to tomorrow. Tomorrow is my mother's birthday.
Speaker 6: Oh my.
Speaker 2: Mamma Lane. And I'm not going to say how old she'll be because I don't want you. I don't want you guys to make fun of her.
Speaker 3: But are we still doing the age thing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, it's great birthday.
Speaker 1: It's a good Yeah, it's a good birthday.
Speaker 2: And then and then no, no, all right, stop, let's get let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, and let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to California, my friends, specifically, I believe Alta, Dina, California. Well, they said that this the subject of this video is very dissip pointed. And I don't know how you could tell if a giant black bear is disappointed, but nightmare fuel at this man's house in Altadena, because they they say a five hundred and fifty pound black bear had been living under the man's home in like a crawl space. I don't know if you guys have you guys had it. It's very much like frogging, just like bear frogging.
Speaker 4: I've got a crawl space.
Speaker 2: You have a crawl space? Say I had one when I lived downtown. But my current house is cross space free everything like it's more attic. Like you have a cross space when you don't have an attic, right? Or do some have both both?
Speaker 4: I feel because the area is prone to floods.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Well, this guy had a crawl space and a five hundred and fifty pound bear made himself at home. Let me see, no one this looks fake. A month under an Altadena home is massive its bags and looking for a new place, is the kt It was only a month, so I don't think that's hibernation and not Lou Parker.
Speaker 7: That five hundred and fifty pound unwanted house guest is out the door, much to the relief of one happy Alta Dina resident.
Speaker 8: KTLA five s Gillian Smugglers joining us Live now with exclusive details on how that bear was finally convinced to see greener pastures.
Speaker 6: It says it.
Speaker 2: Said here that the owner, Ken Johnson, he told KTLA's Jillian Smuckler, which was the girl we were just looking at a second ago.
Speaker 3: Smuckler smartly, No, it's a fun name.
Speaker 2: I'm relieved. No more banging under the house and smelling him and wondering what's going on there, buddy, You lived in that house the entire time the bear was there. There's a maybe they didn't know it was five hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was like a rat or something that's a.
Speaker 2: Big, big that was never coming back to that house, never coming back to that house.
Speaker 1: He said, there was banging around in there.
Speaker 2: The bear took residence and the cross base beneath the home just before Thanksgiving, and repeated efforts to coax it out were not so great. But I guess once they got the company involved in these people involved in getting the bear out, they set up like a multi camera shoot for this bear. Let's check out some of the footage here from KTLA flew down here and that's what we already saw here.
Speaker 3: And how did they get him out exactly?
Speaker 2: Well, it was sort of the same methods that the Fish and Wildlife used.
Speaker 9: They used paintball guns and just got him irritated until him ready to come out.
Speaker 3: Now it's baffling to me because you know, we.
Speaker 2: So they just shoot the bear with paintball guns and piss him off. That seems like a terrible.
Speaker 1: Idea, probably doesn't even hurt the bear.
Speaker 3: That scary sounds.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, maybe sting.
Speaker 3: I would rather paintball guns than killing the bear on site.
Speaker 2: When I saw the footage of the bear, this is the bear coming out of your watching on YouTube or twitch, dot tv, slash the news junkie. This is the footage that they got this multi camera shoot. And then you see the guy come around with the paintball gun and I thought when I first thought, I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Like a trenk, and.
Speaker 2: Then I saw the tank on top and I was like, no, this guy's a straight up like paintball bro and he's shooting.
Speaker 4: The bears out.
Speaker 1: There was paint on the back of the bear that last shot.
Speaker 2: And like, yeah, oh gosh, it is And you're right, Josh, you're right. I don't know if this is hurting the bear at all and just like irritating him. But I wouldn't want to shoot a five hundred and fifty pound bear with a paintball less that bear get pissed off and come back at me and be like, don't have a paintball.
Speaker 3: And now that's paintball right in the eyeball.
Speaker 2: Now they've you know, put this nice little wooden plank over the thing.
Speaker 4: Bears can't get through playing.
Speaker 1: Do the thinnest piece of ply wood we can find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would just fill it with concrete. You know, you know, all my plumbing and all the other problems be damned. They said in the article here that the bear returned. That's what him coming back. They said in the article somewhere that the bear ruptured a gas line. They said they can assess the damage the bear caused underneath the home, which includes a ruptured gas line. So you're living in this house for a month with a five hundred and fifty pound bear underneath your up up in your crawl space, and a ruptured gas line.
Speaker 3: That's It's so the bear breeds fire. No got it four or five times?
Speaker 2: Kinds of dangerous there because I've never had natural gas? Do they Are they able to cut off?
Speaker 10: They?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So were you able to cut it off?
Speaker 3: I was making a fart joke, but yes, you can cut it off. The last time though, it was like my little bungalow apartment. I feel like you've been too but right the one I never had to cut it off, but I feel like it wasn't a knob that I could find.
Speaker 4: I would have to call the company.
Speaker 2: I assume just like water, like do you know how to turn your water off if you have a water leak?
Speaker 3: Sabrina like via on the toy?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm talking the water whole house. I do. Yeah, sorry, I'm not flex.
Speaker 2: And you probably have sabrina in your garage somewhere or like any utility closet, a big like metal tea pole with a little kind of you at the end.
Speaker 3: Maybe. I mean my house is very unique because it started as one small structure and you could see where they built additions and the wires are crossing. But yeah, I have like five electric boxes but still boxes.
Speaker 2: Still, this would be a water box. But it would be like buried in your yard.
Speaker 3: Somewhere my house. How about that I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about water leak. This is not bear stuff. I'm just saying for people who have natural gas, is it the same thing? Is there like a box or a or a valve somewhere.
Speaker 4: To stop button these things are going down?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even know if there was a leak unless the natural gas smell. Like a lot of times they add like a sulfur or something to gas when there's no smell to it.
Speaker 1: Because you don't. You wouldn't know if your your.
Speaker 2: House was like full of gas until you until the compressor clicks on and boom, everything's gone. Explosions.
Speaker 4: Home ownership is like, this is.
Speaker 2: Exactly what how ownership is like. Yeah, this is fun. This is what you have to look forward to.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: First you talk to that mortgage guide down and then you have to fix things.
Speaker 1: You gotta know where the.
Speaker 2: Valves are your own landlord, you got a giant tree that has uh just all the branches or all the underground roots are messing up your well and now you can't water your plants. That's what I got going from over in Sea Lane Land. We talked about it yesterday a little bit, but they've made the decision. NASA is bringing home Crew eleven after that unnamed crew member had a what what they're only calling medical situation Oh boy, says NASA will bring home Crew eleven astronauts back to Earth from the International Space Station tomorrow, weeks earlier than planned due to the medical situation. They said the person is stable now considered stable, which Sabrina, you you kind of pointed out the wording yesterday saying that well if they're saying they're stable.
Speaker 1: There was a chance that previous to this they were not stable.
Speaker 2: Now it says now considered stable, which makes me think that you're right, Sabrina, you.
Speaker 1: Were onto something there.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Definite Space Agency said earlier in the day they had postponed the spacewalk. That's the thing that we talked about yesterday. They were supposed to be outside the space station for six and a half hours. And this is this is like the space version of home ownership. To install routing cables and other power equipment to support a new solar array.
Speaker 4: Is there no task rabbit of space?
Speaker 1: There is no, no no.
Speaker 2: It used to be the Russians, but you know, we don't call that task rabbit anymore. There In two months, NASA Associate Administrator A. Meat shut Tree send at a press conference the solar array will be installed later. The upgrades not super critical. They just want to make sure that they get that that one crew member back, which begs the question like, if you're the other crew members, why can't you just go like, well, we can stay, right or maybe two of us.
Speaker 3: Can stay and one in cost to just get those.
Speaker 2: I guess you know that's a hefty uber fee for just one person, but NASA Chief Medical Officer James polk said at a press conference the astronauts condition is considered stable, however, and the medical situation did not arise from any injury in pursuit of operations.
Speaker 1: Oh, space virus. It sounds like this is not our fault, Polkosa said.
Speaker 2: There's a robust suite of medical hardware on board the International Space Station, but doesn't include all the tools physicians would have in a hospital emergency.
Speaker 3: So maybe send that up next time.
Speaker 2: You would think that, like, all right, hospital emergency. They've got to have a defibrillator on board.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, well but could that short circuit till space station? Is that dangerous?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The fibrillators are like a dime a dozen. They have them like just on the wall at the mall.
Speaker 3: Space is different. Yes, true, in tourniquet we need. I mean, I'm sure that if someone's bleeding out, that's handled differently in space. Oh oh yeah, please email us. We have so many questions.
Speaker 2: That would be our very first astronaut email. The crew eleven astronaut return was planning for around March twenty, twenty sixth The decision to bring them back early is a first for NASA, the first medical situation where they said we have to cut a mission short. The last time they cut a mission short was in ninety seven with Columbia when one of the fuel cells failed in orbit, and they said, y'all need to come back a little bit early. Let's see, we got a lot to get to today, like a whole bunch. There's a bill, there's a couple of bills in Florida. One of them is going to affect the three of us great, and it's going to affect the way we drive and moving forward because they've been locking down on the cell phones with driving and that is ramping up. And then there's a bill about middle schools that I think is just super weird. And I don't know, like with with all the grading and saying like, oh, some of these Florida schools are like getting c's and d's.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is really necessary, But big.
Speaker 4: Talk about shutting down a bunch of schools.
Speaker 2: I think they have. I think they've shut down a handful of school school shut down the A plus school. Why we were just not shut down one of the lesser schools and.
Speaker 1: They're smart enough they don't put the kids in We were doing that already, but we're gonna jump into that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna jump into the absolute worst of the worst of cees, which happened in Vegas this week, and it had a lot of great new inventions, big new TVs, vibrating crazy, vibrating lollipops. We're gonna hear about that again because that, in fact did make the worst in show amid other things. So we'll talk about that. Plus a guy who went on a little bit of a rampage in Nevada which looked kind of fun until it didn't.
Speaker 1: That and so much more.
Speaker 2: Plus your dispatches to the news Junkie dot com all coming up for a Stacked Friday. Next on the News Junkie, you're trying to maybe like google the exchange rate in your head or do it on actual Google.
Speaker 3: Google Ireland was the most confusing to me because they also it's a lot of coins and coins that are the equivalent of a dollar even more here in the.
Speaker 4: US, and I'm like, what do I do with the sack of.
Speaker 5: Coins ring with shillings less? I actually still have coaster ricking money in my bag. I just kind of left it there and here. That's fun.
Speaker 2: And you know, if you're going to cost Rica, I'll throw you a couple colon.
Speaker 3: I believe the.
Speaker 1: Colonis.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, uh, sounds like like a like a checkup that.
Speaker 4: You get or like testicles in Spanish.
Speaker 2: Yeah. True. So have you ever felt, though, like when you're when you're eating at one of these places, or you're spending your money somewhere, that you are a target because you are like just just beaming American, just like there's an American aura around you that just says, rip this person off, Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is a good deal. In Italy actually was something that I had seen and it was a warning of sorts. But if we're going into some sight seeing place, they there's a guy that just like threw two bracelets on me, and he's like, oh, so you can have it, you can have beautiful, you can Okay, thanks so much, And then all of a sudden, I have three other people like by you owe us money, And I didn't know what was going on. So I just ripped off the bracelets and I ran as fast as I could into said sites.
Speaker 1: That's how they get you. That's a good way.
Speaker 2: But and I didn't know that we would broach this topic two days in a row. But the restaurant that is being criticized right now in Osaka, Japan is a ramen restaurant. Ramen Poor People Food, Romen makes Sense. An appearance on the news Junkie two days in a row, Ramen restaurant in Osaka is facing backlash after customers discovered that they have like a digital menu, right and you know, if you're like calling somewhere and they're like, you know, for English press one Espanol Marco. Yeah, but they have a digital menu at this place that has options in English and options in Japanese to make it easier to read. The problem is they've figured out that they're charging the English speecher, the English English speakers of which I am not. They're charging them sometimes double for like some of the same like ramen dishes that they're serving.
Speaker 3: Just because the menu is in English, just.
Speaker 2: Because they picked the English menu, so it says visitors notice. The restaurant's ticket vending machine allows customers to choose between Japanese and English menus, each with different prices. For a standard bowl of ramen. The Japanese menu charges eight hundred and sixty four yen, which is about five dollars sixty five cents.
Speaker 1: Oh good deal.
Speaker 2: English menu nine dollars in eighty two secs.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's pay back for World War Two. I think the green.
Speaker 2: Onion ramen six ninety seven for Japanese, eleven seventy eight for the English menu. If you want braced pork in your ramen, you're damn near paying double six seventy three for the Japanese menu, twelve forty four for the English speakers.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a work around, right, like you three Japanese ree Japanese, just hit.
Speaker 2: The Japanese menu and tap and prey like.
Speaker 3: Sure iPad to translate. And if it's just tap and they get the digital order, you're good. If it's you have to call in or confirm. That's where you get caught a little bit.
Speaker 2: So they confronted the owner. The owner says he denies discriminating against foreign customers. Guys, it's not a discrimination thing. He says the English menu offers different or premium versions of the dishes designed for people who cannot read Japanese, and argues that the Japanese menus include detailed ingredient explanations and subtle variations that would be difficult to translate. So the English menu simplifies the offering, almost like you're paying me extra for me to simplify it for you. And that simplification, he says, justifies the higher price. The owner saves. The price helps exactly, helps avoid confusion and operational issues. But the people that speak both languages or read both languages, like dove a little deeper and said, the dish is shown on both menus appear visually identical. The ingredients seem to be no different between versions. They're really just saying, oh, we have some we have some tourists here, maybe milk a little money out of the tourist, a little extra almost double for some of these dishes. Customers reportedly complained only after realizing the price difference, leading to disputes inside the restaurants, fueling online criticism. But like, I want to know, like dispatchers chime in, if you've ever been in this situation, like, have you been to a foreign restaurant or even a domestic restaurant that somehow discriminates against tourists. I the only thing I can think of, like domestically was I've told you guys before about the vacation I took to Asheville, North Carolina. Yes, where they have really really weird antiquated alcohol laws where every bar has to be a club that you're you you join like a membership too, and not like club but like, yeah, you have to sign up for a membership and you have like a membership card to get into this club, and it's usually either free or like a dollar to get these things. And then you leave Asheville, North Carolina with like pockets full of these stupid membership you know cards that are kind of meaningless, except for the one place that said we don't accept new members Thursday through Monday, meaning if you took a weekend trip to Asheville and you wanted to go to this cool looking bar, no you're not allowed. You have to show up on a Tuesday, Wednesday, maybe maybe Monday was one of the days, but you can only come on these days to get a new membership. Other than that, for the rest of the week, we only accept existing members and no newbies, which essentially kind of bars out tourists, like if you're not from around here, we don't want you in our bar.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a little part of me coming from a place, living in a place that is turus central, right, and no, uh, you know, a fence to the tourists. But certainly there are some spots in which you can tell the difference and maybe if you have one little safe space. Is such the wrong phrase to use, mm hmm, but something like that. I can understand why locals will go there.
Speaker 2: I could see somewhere having like a secret menu we have we have the posted prices. Then if you like kind of do a little knob on the on the nose or something, or you you order it a certain way, you say fan dango. I don't know, there's a code word trademark. You got to have the secret menu where you get like the hookup and the better prices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 3: And I can also see where there are places where tourists are often here in Orlando, I drive is tourists crazy, right, And you know those places if you have a party.
Speaker 2: Those people want more more than three.
Speaker 3: Though you're getting autograt of course they do. But I do wonder if you were going to have a party of six anywhere else, is it still autograph? Sorry? You take advantage maybe, or you realize that some people from out of the country don't tip like we do.
Speaker 2: Well. Anyway, if you happen to be visiting Osaka, Japan, and you want to have ramen at this place, I don't have the name on here anymore. I think I think it got cut off something, but yeah, something like that. I don't think they have a whole lot of nuts in the in the ramen, but they get some peanut dishes I think somewhere. But yeah, Osaka. They're not too happy with this restaurant owner who says, I'm just up charging for the convenience of translating the menu into English. We'll see what you think. Have you ever come across that in a foreign nation where you're not sure how you're spending your money? Send in a dispatch. Let's go to those dispatches real quick. Yours are coming in. Let's go to Oregon transplant. He joins the show, or she maybe I don't know.
Speaker 12: Happy Friday to shoot. Let's just get on it. That absolutely should be the new intro. I loved it. That was amazing. You should always do acappella. Maybe think about doing a news junkie A cappella group.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Oh Sabria, that Sabrina's calling.
Speaker 3: Like calling it's my past, and yes, I am not ashamed of me being in an a cappella group and call it.
Speaker 1: A vocal percussionist.
Speaker 3: Yes, in your a cappella group, shout out key harmony?
Speaker 1: Is that that what it was called?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not like uh, you don't have trouble comes trouble with Broccoli Rob. Now all right, let's go to Brovilla. Brovilla has a dispatch from the news junkie app.
Speaker 11: Hey, what's up junkies?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 11: Hey, Happy Friday.
Speaker 13: Everybody hosting my brother yesterday and today?
Speaker 1: Thank you sir?
Speaker 11: What's your fabulous co host? What's up? Sabrina? So you had a leak?
Speaker 10: I heard?
Speaker 11: So generally there's three points.
Speaker 13: There's a shut off out in the yard sometimes it's buried, you know, one on the side of the house right coming into the house, and then another one at the water heater.
Speaker 11: So right, just there's three points that you can shut mortar down.
Speaker 13: We'll just call the city and shut it off, especially if there's a leak, and they'll be able to tell you too if something's going on.
Speaker 11: All right, today's my birthday. So I'm chilling.
Speaker 2: Alright here we are, happy birthday. She did not have a leak. This was a hypothetical because we didn't know.
Speaker 3: If she if I did, though, cold be jed.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 3: Hey, just heard back from dispatcher, great guy, Brovilla, And this is how you turn off the gas.
Speaker 1: No, this is why he's talking about water.
Speaker 3: This is why I rent.
Speaker 1: Just to call the landlord. He'll have it fixed.
Speaker 3: You're listening. There's no leak.
Speaker 1: I promise, all right, you promise, yeah, yeah, all right. Over to these Florida bills.
Speaker 2: There's two of them that are have been filed in the Florida House and the legislature that one of them will affect us and the other does not matter. But I still think it's a little ridiculous. So we're just going to touch on it real quick. First, the one that affects us. A new bill filed in the Florida legislature could make it illegal for drivers to even hold a cell phone while operating a vehicle. Now, previously, as they have kind of clamped down on texting and driving, they're saying, like, oh, for a while, it was you couldn't hold your phone unless you were doing any sort of like navigation, So your excuse if you get pulled over with sorry, officer, I was putting in. I was putting in the coordinates for my destination. I wanted to know, like how long it was going to take me to get home. You guys navigate to places where you know they are, just to see.
Speaker 1: Where you know?
Speaker 3: How long you up automatically? Yeah, exactly, kind of see if I can get an idea of my arrival time.
Speaker 2: Right, I do. I do it all the time. And I have the same thing with CarPlay. But this bill says it's trying to reduce accidents caused by distracted driving. It would prohibit drivers from using any wireless communication devices in their hands, including now for GPS, texting, FaceTime, selecting music, or checking.
Speaker 1: Social media probably the most important one there.
Speaker 2: Exceptions would only apply when the vehicle is stationary or for emergencies such as reporting a crime or suspicious activities. Currently, texting while driving is illegal, but the new measure, and this is where you probably should pay attention, it would expand the restriction to all handheld phone use. Violations in school or work zones. Would carry one hundred and fifty dollars fine for first offense. A third offense could be five hundred dollars and a ninety day license suspension. So if you are a chronic phone holder, you might want to pay attention to this and get yourself some sort of CarPlay. And then this other bill, which I think is ridiculous. And I think you guys are close enough in age to me that we all had the same experience. Like when we were in preschool and elementary school, we had a recess.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, recess, and then what was.
Speaker 1: The last grade that you had recess?
Speaker 3: In grade?
Speaker 2: What? Yeah, you had recess in middle school? Yeah, private school.
Speaker 3: Same So in Catholic so K through eighth it was our school. We didn't go to second school for sixth grade through eighth grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I went to a private school. I stopped at fifth grade, but I was I was pretty sure that when we went into middle school, they were like, no, you're going to start changing classes. You're growing up. We're getting rid of recess.
Speaker 3: You guys had recess, block scheduling.
Speaker 2: Tuesday Lane, the school that if I would have stayed at, had block scheduling. But I went to public school and they did not do block scheduling. Block scheduling sounded like it was a pain in the ass to figure out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had recess to light grade.
Speaker 2: Okay, color me surprised because I thought everybody just cut off at fifth grade. A bill in the Florida House would require recess for middle school students, expanding a mandate that currently applies only to elementary schools. It is actually, like, you know in law, codified in law that you have to have recess for elementary schools. But this bill says it would require recess for middle school students because they don't get enough outside time, enough socialization. It would extend from kindergarten through fifth grade to kindergarten through eighth grade, adding structured free time play for students in grade six through eight.
Speaker 1: I'm like, isn't that what.
Speaker 2: PE is for? No, you you're outside time? You new PE? They teaching?
Speaker 1: Yes, No, you need free time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, outside but socializing and on your own terms.
Speaker 2: You Like, these kids can't read, why do they need to go outside?
Speaker 1: More?
Speaker 3: Heart Take two coming in on.
Speaker 2: The proposal, calls for one hundred minutes of recess per week, matching the current requirement for elementary school students. So they're just going to have to find them a spot in the schedule twenty minutes a day to just to make the school day longer. I think maybe they like recess. I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't miss school at all, no one bit.
Speaker 2: You guys ever have dreams that you're still in school, Yes, I haven't in a minute.
Speaker 1: I have dreams that I'm still in college.
Speaker 2: I have not showed up to class for months, and I'm like, I don't know how I'm going to fake my way through this next test.
Speaker 1: But yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: Burby Hancock Middle schoolers, should they have recess?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little bit, a little bit unnecessary. But maybe you don't. We will take your dispatches. We got this guy who went on a rampage. He went on a joy ride in Nevada. We're gonna get to that. And there are reports saying that there is an important official government official that they purposely just left out of the whole Venezuela Moduro raid.
Speaker 1: We're going to learn a little bit more about that.
Speaker 2: All that and more is coming up next on the News Junkie Store. On Monday, was this whole the operation where the US went into Venezuela. They got Nicholas Maduro. They put them on the aircraft carrier with the blindfold and the bottle of water, the aquafina and the track suit, and now Venezuela's ours. Now we run Venezuela for a while, right. President Trump said in an interview that he doesn't know how long, but it's going to be more than just a few weeks or months that we're in charge. We are the Venezuelan president now. And we learned about the intense like planning and work that went into the capture of Nicholas Maduro, like building a replica of his house, seemingly would have included a lot of intelligence personnel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone on the inside, I imagine the inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I'm just saying, or there's Zilo, the Zilla thing might help. But also like I'm just I'm referring to like our government, the US United States Intelligence personnels CIA, and Bloomberg is reporting that, uh, and there's there are people that are saying, no, this is wrong, this is not something that happened. But Bloomberg at least is saying that the White House may have excluded the Director of National Intelligence, the dn I Tulsi Gabbard from months of planning to oust Nicholas Maduro because previously she opposed military action in Venezuela. She cast out on her willingness to cast out on her willingness to support the operation there, like she's not gonna like it, so we're just not gonna tell her. Oh okay, cool, she's the Director of National Intelligence and we're not going to tell her.
Speaker 3: No one tells me, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, it says according to these reports, like according to uh some people that didn't want to be identified, discussing private conversations, and it says the move to cut Gabbard out of meetings, they said was so well known that some White House aids And this is my favorite part. They joked at the acronym of her title DNI, which usually stands for her Director of National Intel Eligence title stood for do not invite. They just like, we're not gonna you know, we're doing this Maduro stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like medical trauma to me. Coming back.
Speaker 2: We're building the house and we're not going to tell old donot.
Speaker 1: Invite over there.
Speaker 2: That was according to three people who asked not to be identified discussing these private conversations. A White House official has since denied there was any such joke. As a Democratic congresswoman in twenty nineteen, Gabbard said the US needs to stay out of Venezuela, and as recently as last month, railed against warmongers pushing the US into conflict. Vice President jd Vance labeled false the notion that he or Gabbard had been left out of the operations planning. And I don't know why you mentioned himself. Was there any report that jd Vance was potentially left out of any Venezuela planning?
Speaker 1: Like that's the first I'd heard of it. Why would he be I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like, isn't that group chat earlier last year you had.
Speaker 2: Seen man jd Vance would probably be pretty But if they if they didn't tell him, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You guys have another.
Speaker 3: Group chet the Vice president was supposed to be in that.
Speaker 2: White House Communication Director Stephen Chung or Chang said Trump has full confidence in D.
Speaker 1: And I Gabbert.
Speaker 2: There's that acronym again, and says she's doing a fantastic job. A senior intelligence official pushback against the characterization that Gabbert had been excluded, saying she provided intelligence to help the overall mission, even if it was less operational and more analytical. But yeah, so conflicting reports there. The White House is denying that they might have left Gabert out in the cold as far as planning for this operation in Venezuela. But I think hilarious if they did, because the funniest part of that that stood out to me in that whole story was this d and I this do not advite. That's what we call her. Oh Gabbert's asking questions she's not allowed to know.
Speaker 3: It is funny, but it's also like, hey, this is uh this is my job.
Speaker 4: I would be pissed off.
Speaker 10: I would be.
Speaker 4: Based on not inviting me.
Speaker 3: You guys have one, don't you know? It's uh no, I'll shut this down right now.
Speaker 1: Josh, Josh.
Speaker 2: D dis.
Speaker 1: We're going operation DISCS.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I'm gonna go Dick your operation Dick?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Don't invite?
Speaker 4: Sea line.
Speaker 2: Dikel Over to Las Vegas. Over to uh Henderson, Nevada, where security footage nine to one one calls in a body worn camera footage show what unfolded at this construction site that led a man attempting to run over police officers with a front loader and they said, this guy just hopped a fence, and they made it sound really easy in the news, and we're gonna watch this video in a second. Here they said, he just hot wired this front this this bulldozer, a front loader or whatever. I'm not exactly up to speed on my construction equipment.
Speaker 4: What does it look like. Oh, and has a big bucket.
Speaker 1: Let's see what happened. Let's take a look at this. Here's the footage, but.
Speaker 16: We're standing off against twenty tons. It started at this construction site in Henderson, Nevada, Sunday morning and I witness spotting a man hopping a fence.
Speaker 1: There is over the fence by a ring heavy machinery.
Speaker 2: I have a guy trying to bullploser. Moments later an officer, so the person.
Speaker 1: Now shut up.
Speaker 2: The person that called nine one one was actually like a security person working remotely and just watching the cameras and said, we have a guy trying to steal a bulldozer. And they said hot wired it, which I've never hot wired anything.
Speaker 1: It always were.
Speaker 4: It was always TikTok saved on how to do it in a car, but it.
Speaker 2: Was always one of those things that you saw in the movies and they made look really easy. But all the car manufacturers were like, no, no, no, no, no, no no, we promise it's definitely not that easy.
Speaker 1: You should still buy our cars.
Speaker 3: And then introduce that Kia that you can just use a USB to turn on. I don't even need to use any wires or make them.
Speaker 2: Hot I don't even think you really needed the USB. I think if you just pinched real hard, you could turn whatever thing.
Speaker 1: They had there.
Speaker 2: But aside from the getting shot at part, I hate to say, what he did looks pretty fun, though, I mean, aside from the whole getting shot out part and maybe endangering lives of other people. Check out the footagecheck can you hot.
Speaker 3: Wire one of those? Or did they leave the keys inside that?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, they do that something.
Speaker 1: The officer opening.
Speaker 16: Fire, but this expect identified his.
Speaker 2: Thirty three year old one Ringkankrin cover police cars.
Speaker 16: As Brink crushes the cruiser, another unit arrives on scene, opening fire. Two officers take him down, falling with the suspect some seven feet before making an arrest.
Speaker 2: Seven feet my gosh, they got that guy, arrested him. Somebody reaching out to me, says, all catloaders and John deerloaders, this is a Kawasaki butt have the same key for each brand, and they're very easy to hot wire. I think some of those construction sites, like Josh said, are a little less secure than they are. And I know for a fact I've read some of those roadside signs that have the like the temporary signs that are flashing deep tour men at work, that kind of stuff land down Under. I've read of people that have hacked those, and the hackery is really just opening the lid and the password is written in sharp ee on the inside of the thing, like some of the things you just think never to mess with. Password is password is password. They just make it very easy for you. But they said, this guy hot wired the bulldozer and just went and had some fun, went and had a good old fashioned ran over some police cars, caused a bunch of damage, and now he's in jail. What do you think you can send your dispatches Leave them at thenewsjunkie dot com. We're gonna get to some of those dispatches.
Speaker 1: They're coming in.
Speaker 2: We got some people chiming in on the price differences let's go to B Miller. B Miller has a dispatch talking about that Ramen place in Japan.
Speaker 17: Hey junkies, hippy Friday, First Sea Way. We missed you on the other show doing your three sip beer review. But as far as the difference in menu, I've been to Haiti and walked into just a simple convenience store down there, got a soda. He told me how much it was. As I'm walking out, I hate you guy. I got the same soda and my translator told me and paid.
Speaker 10: Half as much.
Speaker 2: So there's that. See, happy Friday.
Speaker 11: Hope you'll have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Why travelers tax I think Yeah, I think it's a little more common. They say, we see the this guy's pretty white, then we're going to take advantage. Not every body, but I think it happens more often than you would think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and are you going to be that white guy that's going to say.
Speaker 2: Something whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Yes, I'm not talking about you.
Speaker 2: No, I meant that. That's what I was saying. I'm the white guy here, I was, I was, I was. I was really digging for some spanglish that just didn't come to me at the time. But let's go on to Evil Eye with a dispatch.
Speaker 10: You were talking about being in college and your dreams. That happens to me all the time. But usually I either.
Speaker 18: Can't find my room or my building or my class because I don't recognize it, or when I get the class, it's not my class and they're teaching something completely different.
Speaker 10: But trying to go home is even worse. I can't find.
Speaker 2: My truck to back up, I can't find anything.
Speaker 10: I can't find my vehicle anywhere.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 10: So I'm just stuck there. And then I wake up and I go, oh, that's right. I'm like almost sixty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eyes is opening up for a lot of people dispatching about their.
Speaker 2: Dreams, my dreams about that is the funny part is I don't I'm not even trying to find my class.
Speaker 1: I just dream.
Speaker 2: In the dream, I remember that I'm still in college and that that I haven't been a class. But I don't actually like Evil Eyes going through more motions than I would. I just go, haven't been in a while, not going today Tomorrow is not looking good either, But we have more of your dispatches piling up, and we're going to get to the worst worst things that happened at Cees, the inventions that people thought were going to change everything, and they just got a big, fat goose egg. As far as interest, We're going to do that and more next episodes coming up in just a little bit. And we have a guest doing this week in Florida. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He might already be here, we don't know, who knows, But all that and more is coming up next.
Speaker 2: On the News Junkie, I was wondering, Josh, if you had heard this because you worked at a beer bar for a while. That's right, And I had seen this story when I was doing when I was pulling stories for today's show about this, like Whiskey Distillery. A handful of like whiskey brands that have been shutting down, Like I guess it's not been a good year for whiskey, at least some whiskeys I don't know, not ones that you've heard of. Like I don't think Jamison has any problems going on right now.
Speaker 1: Domestic stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: The prices have gone up, I'll tell you that much. But I can see whiskey was.
Speaker 4: Like a hot comade in the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: It seemed like everyone was making their own whiskey or tequila, right, and.
Speaker 2: But the celebrities really really the only ones that were, you know, moving any case. But as I was like skimming through this article, something that stuck out to me that went under my radar. Do you know that Rogue Ales and Spirits closed? Like back in November? No I used to drink. I used to love some erode stuff everywhere. They were super popular.
Speaker 1: What was the big one? It had like a guy in a coffin on it, guy Ale.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, they was in a pope outfit they had. They had a bunch of stuff I really enjoyed there. They had a lot of limited runs. The one that got really popular, but it was really divisive was that they had a collab with Voodoo Donuts. The collaboration the collab for short like a DM for collab. I just thought it was funny the way you said it. Yeah, And they said they did this thing with Voodoo Donuts and they had like a maple bacon ale and it was a limited run and everybody's like, I got my hands on the maple bacon ale, I'm super excited. And then once they popped it open, it was like, really, no, really loved it or absolutely hated it. And I think what wasn't really helping out its chances was the bottle for this maple bacon ale because it was with Voodoo Donuts and their whole thing was pink. It was the color of pepto bismo. So yeah, so I mean people were really excited about it when it came out. I loved their Chipotle ale, they were great. But yeah, Rogue parent company organ Brewing closed operations and filed for Chapter seven and their Rogus no More, Roga's rip, Rogu's dead guy ale.
Speaker 1: They are the dead thing. You're dead now.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, that kind of sucks. And then I went on like a little bit too much of a deep dive about it and figured out, Uh, they had a bad reputation in the brewing community, Like they just had a lot. They had a lot of accusations of just being crappy to their employees, and they somebody like unearthed an old Craigslist ad because they wanted an it guy, but they wanted like a jack of all trades it guy to work for like ten dollars an hour but needed to do everything.
Speaker 4: And did anyone apply for that job.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I mean, I'm sure somebody was hard up. But the beat in the door, the like the job listing was so douchey, and I was like, oh man, I really liked that brewery. But it sucks that it turns out that they were a bunch of jerks and they're gone now, so I guess that didn't work out for them. But over to Cees. CES twenty twenty six was going on this week. You know, I saw a lot of posts from official iHeartRadio accounts that there is like ce that they yeah they, I guess I missed the invite just looking through a spam folder. Didn't see the CEES invite. Yeah, same whole lounge. They had a whole bunch of stuff going on there talking about radio technology and this and that, but they anything.
Speaker 1: They also plenty of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool, But they released the Worst in Show for the CEES list. And if you could imagine what dominated the worst in Show, like any ideas on what you would see a lot of in the.
Speaker 1: Worst of Show because it's a very.
Speaker 5: Hot topic right now, it's AI related stuff.
Speaker 1: It was almost all AI related stuff.
Speaker 3: Josh was like, very pointless yes, feel like one of the things you had shared earlier this week. Okay, that was kind of pointless.
Speaker 2: That was very pointless, and it was. It's not an AI thing, but it does say the tech lollipop. Lollipop Star attracted attention early at c a CES as a candy that plays music while you eat it. It's creators say the bone induction. We talked about this yesterday, the bone induction technology that enabled people to hear songs from ice, spice or acon through the lollipop. And it goes.
Speaker 3: Through the lollipop. You had to put the other thing in your mouth, like the end of it, the actual bluetooth speaker.
Speaker 2: I thought, no, it was it was. I think it was the part that's inside the lollipop. I think you're supposed to be able to enjoy the candy and the music at the same time.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: But it got bad markings saying the sticks can't be recharged or reused after the candy's gone, leaving consumer advocate Nathan Prokor to give it a Worst in Show for the environment.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: So we need to stop making so many disposable electronics full of toxic chemicals. Vapes. Yeah, just like that, and it's like he's got a point just to suck on a lollipop for what you know, all of two three minutes and song to hear one song or nine dollars there was a toy or a key chain or something. When we were in like middle or high school clips hit clips. What a waste that was. It wasn't even a whole.
Speaker 3: That was before MP three's were really a thing, so we our minds were being blown. They were really crappy. I don't know, thirty second version of Britney Spears song look at Me, I have a boomba.
Speaker 2: Look up?
Speaker 1: How much did a hit clip costs?
Speaker 19: Cheap?
Speaker 1: One from McDonald's, like.
Speaker 2: Like in a happy meal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like giving them away as a promotional crap.
Speaker 3: So original price for HitClips player was around twenty dollars, while the individual one minute song cartridges costs about three to ninety nine each, making the Carrig's the primary revenue source for Tiger Electronics.
Speaker 2: This is a little defensive back then, the tiny little like music Nintendo that didn't even have a full song on it. It's just a little cartridge that you have to have the player, and the player's twenty bucks the.
Speaker 3: Players twenty bucks, meaning it would what be fifty.
Speaker 2: Five bucks that not get Worst in Show at CEES at the whatever year that.
Speaker 3: Was because CS that year was also like, we've got a printer that'll take only two hours to print one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, they loved wasting stuff back then, But no AI dominated the list of things at CEES that just weren't really tickling people's fancy.
Speaker 1: It says.
Speaker 2: Samsung's bespoke AI Family Hub refrigerator received the overall Worst and Show recognition from the group of consumer and privacy advocates who judge the contest. It invites users to speak to the refrigerator and command it to open or.
Speaker 3: Close the door open, close.
Speaker 1: That's all it does. No, there's other things.
Speaker 2: A demonstration to the sprawling tech expos showed it didn't always detect what people were saying. If there was too much ambient noise. Well, that makes sense, but that was just part of the complications and reliability concerns. Samsung added to an impliance that's supposed to have one important job keeping food cold, said Gay Gordon Byrne of the Digital Right to Repair Coalition. Why they got to say he's gay, that's his name, his name's gay. Is not a gay name.
Speaker 1: No, his name's gay. Gordon Byrne. The Gordon burn is hyphenated.
Speaker 3: They said this Gordon always something that it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a marriage thing, but they hyphenated it. That's why it's gay.
Speaker 3: I love that they looked at that baby and said we'll call them gay.
Speaker 2: Everything is in order of magnitude more difficult, she said of the fridge that also use Oh, it's a sheet, which I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: No, her name is gay. The other the only other woman named gay that I've heard of is Bob Saggett's sister Gay Saggett.
Speaker 1: The name of his sister unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything is an order of magnitude more difficult, she said of the fridge.
Speaker 1: Listen to it.
Speaker 3: There's something wrong with being gay, Josh, No.
Speaker 1: Forget it.
Speaker 2: That uses computer vision to track when food items are running low and can advertise replacements. Let's see Amazon Doorbells once again, ring privacy alarms and a ray of new features for Amazon's ring doorbell camera won the worst in show for privacy, doubling down on invasion and supporting the misconception that more surveillance always makes us safer as far.
Speaker 1: As the ring doorbells go.
Speaker 2: I think the more surveillance just makes you get much better quality videos of your crap getting stolen. I'm just all your porch pirates show up in a nice little seven twenty to ten ADP, maybe even four k at cees. Among the new ring features is an AI Unusual Event Alert. It's supposed to detect unexpected people or happenings like the arrival of a pack of coyotes. I kind of don't hate that, Like, what are you saying exactly? You just get the video as somebody who just wants the video, like I want to see you. I want to see it happen. I don't know if I can necessarily do anything about it.
Speaker 3: Outside cat, you just have to watch a good ripped to.
Speaker 2: Pieces, right. But I don't have an outside cat, so I don't worry about that. It's just it's just whatever neighbor's dog decides to the door. When you go home today, wander over. You're gonna drop it outside, Cata hog.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to, but there's a box of gittens that need a front.
Speaker 2: Door to But I will say this, there was a night where and I think I showed you guys this video. There was a night where Ashley and I were just sitting on the couch and we got like a an alert from our front camera. And I don't know what made us decide to watch it, but there were like five raccoons under my car and normally, yes, there was a whole family of raccoons just emerging from underneath my truck.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 2: And I thought, how lucky were we that we happened to hit the button. If I had this AI feature, the unusual event Alert.
Speaker 4: Pack of Raccoons Alert, Pack of raccoons.
Speaker 2: Alert, yeah, I would just I want a summary of everything it saw, and I could skip through all the delivery drivers delivering Ashley's crap and see, oh look, pack of coyotes. Family of raccoons. That says it includes facial recognition, they said of the new ring feature, mobile surveillance towers that can be deployed at parking lots and other places. And it includes oh good, an app store that lets people develop even sketchyr apps for the doorbell than the ones Amazon already provides.
Speaker 1: So fun.
Speaker 2: So just when you thought like your phone has an app store, we've gotten used to that your fridge has an app store.
Speaker 1: Don't know if we need that yet.
Speaker 2: Now your ring doorbell has an app store, probably why it's leaning itself towards Worston show at CES And then they say the AI Soulmate companion, the desk bound AI Soulmate is always watching your eyes, which sounds creepyaf winning the people's choice of worst products, which means not even the experts. All the people said, no, this is stupid, we don't want it. The AI companion called amy am I, made by Chinese company lip Pro, which mostly sells lamps and lighting technology, decides to veer over to a female avatar on a curve screen that's marketed as you're always on three D Soulmate. Can it do stuff for me and not like Soulmate stuff, just like secretary stuff, you know, give me some door dash or book some flights.
Speaker 4: Let me give it a massage.
Speaker 2: Uh, it would be an awkward massage a curve screen. But the Lepro didn't immediately respond to request for comment. I wouldn't if all the people at CEES said my thing was the stupidest AI amongst a sea of stupid Ais.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What sounds good.
Speaker 2: Do you think having some sort of AI companion to your doorbell cam would enhance your experience or do you just think it's time to leave it alone and let it do its job. You can join us with a dispatch at thenewsjunkie dot com. We've got the next episode coming up in a little bit. When we come back, we are going to talk about there's a crazy video out of Ukraine that I want to take a look at, just a sign of the times. And then there's a woman who sort of reminds me of the ready to Funnel Babe Chick, except she's taking it in a whole different way. We're going to find out exactly how that is.
Speaker 1: I it's a different way.
Speaker 3: To take it.
Speaker 5: Pause during one of those the food pyramids upside down now too, Yes, everything is upside down.
Speaker 2: We're going to find out about her and more. That's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 3: I've watched everything on TV, so like, put this on the background and stop what I'm doing because that person's eating a mattress.
Speaker 2: We yeah, I remember. I think that was when the show that when it first came out, they had like a lady that was like addicted to eating toilet paper. But you just couldn't stop eating little strips of toilet paper.
Speaker 3: And there's some of them. I mean that I would say, Okay, that's not as bad, right, little strips of toilet paper. I'll take an a pack of toilet paper over some of the nastier like chewing on your own toenails.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Feed drinkers too, on the on the show, there's drinkers. Oh yeah, big time. So we famously if you haven't been with show long, we had an old clip that Sean used to play a lot where it was a woman who was so fat that she was pretty much confined to her couch and so for nourishment, her boyfriend would put a bunch of food in a blender and then funnel it into her fat mouth.
Speaker 1: And it was one of.
Speaker 2: He was for it to one of the Sure he was up for it.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but maybe you ready to funnel, babe? Ready the funnel? And that was the clip that we would play all the time, and then we.
Speaker 3: Would often.
Speaker 2: Take out a funnel for whatever reason. I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I'm just gonna have a nice flame Mignon, I'm like all right, baby, you're ready to funnel this.
Speaker 2: And you know, my wife has no idea what I'm talking about. She just kind of goes with it, like I guess I'm ready to funnel. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And so let's how you got a kid.
Speaker 2: There's this girl fun We tried that method.
Speaker 1: It didn't work.
Speaker 2: Uh. There was this woman on My Strange Addiction, which is a TLC show.
Speaker 1: Her name is Catherine.
Speaker 2: I think they left her last name out of this story for whatever reason, but she has as one would imagine, a strange addiction, and this one was. She says, my relationship with food was very normal until the point where I was in community college and it started with a dare to try snorting a flavored fruit drink.
Speaker 3: I know exactly who you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Really, you've seen this woman before.
Speaker 3: I saw the clip and I saw enough.
Speaker 2: She said, I got a head rush, but it was actually fruitier than if I was to have drink it through my mouth, and it was phenomenal. And since then, I've been having my entire diet nasally for about five years. And I just don't know if I believe that this is how she takes all her food with the cameras off, but you can see on screen here if you're watching on YouTube or twitch dot com, Twitch dot tv, slash the news junk excuse me that we have the blender over here where she's just blended up a bunch of food.
Speaker 1: It looks like there might be some.
Speaker 2: Guacamole going on here, and she says that all of her everything she consumes, she does through her nose.
Speaker 3: So when she does cocaine, she eats it.
Speaker 1: That would be the ultimate irony.
Speaker 2: That means she's sniffing blended omelets with spinach and mushrooms, liquefied spinach and steak coffee, and even spicy guacamole.
Speaker 3: Not good for you, No, not at all.
Speaker 2: She confessed she has an aversion to the weird textures that come with food and claims that her curious culinary conduct nice helps her avoid overeating and choking, declaring that it really has no drawbacks, which doctors one hundred percent would disagree with. The also not to mention it's off putting to her friends, family members, and potential like suitors, and I guess in this episode of My Strange Addiction, they follow her along on a date and like.
Speaker 4: That's the clip that I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy looked very I mean, I guess I can understand.
Speaker 2: This is where I think like it might be put on. They're like, okay, it was.
Speaker 4: Very put on.
Speaker 3: The guy that was like, hey, what the heck are you doing?
Speaker 1: I cannot believe you.
Speaker 4: You can't be serious.
Speaker 2: So Catherine, what the effort you're doing that? Justin asked? Uh? He brought her flowers and she presented her problem almost immediately. When they were ordering, she asked the server, are you able to blend the food?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Come, there's no way that this is how you do every meal, or you just wouldn't go out, or you would only go to smoothie places. You just ask if they're able to blend the food.
Speaker 3: Well, if they have to make some sort of mobile bleunder at this point, right.
Speaker 1: You could have you might be at Cees next year, trademark.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, we do not have a blender, this said the server, But we do have grits, tomato soup, and our in house vegetarian sausage gravy. Catherine selected the grits because she was assured that they could fit through a straw.
Speaker 3: Make really good grits, or yeah, you don't want watery straw like grits.
Speaker 1: You want like a good richness.
Speaker 4: I mean, I hear you.
Speaker 3: I also wonder are we running out of people that have strange addictions?
Speaker 1: Yes, we have to be running out of people strange addictions.
Speaker 3: Wants to make it because I don't I don't want to like pull back the curtain too much. But there's certain people who have now A or B list celebrity status that had their first like go around on TV on shows like this where they were on reality quote unquote TV shows, and it was clearly very set up because a Lady Gaga, like Room Raiders or something.
Speaker 2: Like that, was she That show was so stupid Room Raiders.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, it's like, here's this black light, let's see where you juiced.
Speaker 1: There was one I think I've said this on the show before.
Speaker 3: I had three other words that went through my head that I can't them right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, there was there was an episode of Room Raiders. I don't know if there's anybody out there who doesn't remember Room Raiders. Room Raiders was like a essentially a dating show without the date, but they would like they would take three potential suitors and just rip them out of bed and leave their room as is definitely not plant stuff out there for people to find, and then the person had to pick who they want to go on a date with based on what they find in their room.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was it was. It was show when they were this was their transition to all reality stuff.
Speaker 1: But it was always just way over blown.
Speaker 3: And they had a briefcase in giant tweezers.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was a black light.
Speaker 3: Yes, the black light is always for the girls to use in the guy's room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and apparently you guys go everywhere.
Speaker 2: But the one moment that always stuck out a man for Room Raiders was this woman that was going through this guy's room and she found a can of chewing tobacco like dip. She found a can of dip, and she goes, uh, absolutely not. I would rather eat pooh than kiss a guy who dips. I went got into your head, bitch.
Speaker 3: Will take the dip.
Speaker 2: You're gonna eat the poop or kiss this guy.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna have to compromise a little bit. And by that I mean kiss the Yeah, kiss the guy.
Speaker 1: Not gonna eat poop.
Speaker 4: But it's a very close second.
Speaker 1: But anyway, how about this.
Speaker 3: Too nasty pose something it's way too nasty, but a real quick cup of dip spit okay or size poop.
Speaker 11: You have to do.
Speaker 1: You have to drink the whole cup.
Speaker 3: I have a cup. God three?
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, I have to go. She's anyway, Catherine on My Strange Addiction. She says she promised on the show she's going to try her best to stop snorting her food. Not exactly sure how she's going to go about it, but I'm going to try to begin taking baby steps even today, and Catherine told The New York Post she has cut back, not stopped completely.
Speaker 1: Why would that be the thing?
Speaker 2: Can't go? She is cut back since filming the episode. As for the guy she tried to date, he friend zoned her. Unfortunately for Catherine, you know, I just wonder if like they turned the cameras off and she turns you know, she calls the guy back and goes, hey, I eat food just like normal people do.
Speaker 1: And you know this was just for TV. You want to hang.
Speaker 2: Out, maybe have some sex later. I'll make up for the weird snorting thing with the black lives other talents. But I don't know that's the weird thing. But I'm fan fiction here. I think I need to I need to remember Sabrina that when I get done with all the other internets, to go back to this strange addiction thing, because it is at least a magnifying you.
Speaker 4: Feel better about yourself.
Speaker 2: That's what the HBO drug documentaries used to make me do.
Speaker 3: And then I wanted drugs, but.
Speaker 2: No, my strange addiction. Check out Catherine and her snorting thing if you want to when we come back after the break the next episode with Sabrina. What's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 3: Thank you for asking what's coming periode one. Rappers starting twenty twenty six off with a bang, and by bang, I mean early release from prison this week, and sure, why not? He's Johnny Knoxville and welcome to exposing and or damage genitals in four K twenty six plus. Want to play a game? Furthermore, want to play a game of a game and a game. I'll then so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 2: And that is coming up next on the news Junkie, Let's get to some of your dispatches real quick. I know you've been sending those in. People have been chiming in about all kinds of stuff. Today. A lot of people talk about that front loader or bulldozer. Did we I don't know if we ever figured out what exactly that thing was.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 2: But as it turns out, they might actually be as easy to hot wire as it made it sound. All the news here is concrete Mic with a dispatch. What's going on? Seilane and company.
Speaker 20: You can go on Amazon and order a key ring that comes with anywhere from twenty to forty different keys for all.
Speaker 2: Types of machinery that sounds safe. Went to a concrete twenty nine years.
Speaker 20: I have a key for almost every machine out there, and they are all the same. All Cat keys, all Bobcat keys, Takahuchis, Kamatsu's Bulvo.
Speaker 10: They all use the same key for their particular brands.
Speaker 20: So if you have one of them keys for one of them machines, you can start any machine you want to.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a dangerous thing to have. After like a handful of beers and you know you're across the street from a construction site. You big concrete mic out there, get into some trouble. Let's see funny name has the dispatch on the same thing.
Speaker 10: Hey guys, Happy day, Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: Thank you an operator here.
Speaker 8: If you have a caterpillar key, you have a key to every caterpillar. You have a John Deere key, you have a key to every John Deere. The equipment all shares the same key. The only difference could be is if it had a uh, the keypad.
Speaker 2: For the ignition.
Speaker 8: Other than that, if it's a keyed machine, I've got a key ring that's good. That will start almost any piece of equipment.
Speaker 1: This is just universal.
Speaker 2: It's universally known for those types of things that are happening. So I guess, uh, if you have construction equipment, it is quite vulnerable. Or if even if you don't have the key, you can hot wire it like that guy did in Nevada and just go to town on a couple of police cars. Don't recommend it, though. Let's get into it. Though you ready, Sabrina, I'm ready. Let's do the next episode. Because there's a lot on TV.
Speaker 13: You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 2: The the the the.
Speaker 15: Back door mom, the back door mom, the back door mom, the back door mom, the back door mom.
Speaker 2: All right, the back door Mop. I've done something for morning. The door mom, the backdoor mom.
Speaker 13: It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 3: We have fun except.
Speaker 21: Birthday and I was like, huh, happy birthday, Sea Line, it's my birthday.
Speaker 3: Hold up, But it will be a great day when you work with that mortgage guy down. The next episode brought to you by that Mortgage Guy Down, the Home Loans radio show and that mortgage guy Don dot com. Looking to refinance new year, new you, new home, new business, expanding that business, refinancing the home you already owned, getting cash out, putting it back in your beautiful hands. Work with someone who's got your back, who's taking care of you and your family, and most importantly, just super cool, very easy to work with. His website's great time chuck full of information for you to start the process today by going to that mortgage Guy down dot com. Miss sixty seven years ago, nineteen fifty nine. This show right here premiered on CPS. Clint Eastwood, Right.
Speaker 2: Rod and right Ye.
Speaker 3: Pilgrim. Clint Eastwood played rowdy yates, a cow hand and a cattle drive.
Speaker 2: Was he no, I'm thinking of the wrong guy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, was he a cold dead hands guy? But I think that's Charlton Heston.
Speaker 4: Let me look at my notes.
Speaker 3: No idea attack you.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but we'll go with yes if it.
Speaker 2: Makes you the famous like NRA statement was like you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Correct, that second one. It's like I got two things on the list to day, kicking ass and taking names, and I'm done taking names? Is that how it went?
Speaker 2: Something like that, Pilgrim.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go into twenty twenty six and happy anniversary to raw Hide. Oh, let's say hello to this guy right here. Did not get the raw end of the deal. Yeah, Betty Wap is right, and let's do the math here seventeen minus thirty eight and yep, he is now being released early style from prison three years early to be exact in the drug trafficking case. First question, did you guys remember that he was in jail?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I remember if Fetty Wap was that he stood us up at.
Speaker 1: The first year.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: And the other thing I remembered is that he only has one eye.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, he has re emerged and he's thanking fans for their unwavering support. Not us. Obviously, we had no idea that he was out or in, the Bureau of Prisons, said Fetty was transferred to home confinement in Philly. He's scheduled to be fully released from oversight custody in November of this year. He will have to undergo strict and supervise guidelines for the next five years now that he's free, which includes drug testing. Oh, prohibited from opening any new bank accounts.
Speaker 4: Oh, he does have to get approved.
Speaker 2: His old bank accounts.
Speaker 3: I hope. So.
Speaker 4: Do you think his PIN is seventeen thirty eight?
Speaker 1: It has.
Speaker 3: He also has to keep the US Probation Departments that I do not get.
Speaker 4: That's how he starts his song.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's the producer that always does his being. He's also not allowed to consume any alcohol or other intoxicants unless granted a prescription by licensed physician.
Speaker 1: Alcohol prescription, Yeah, to have.
Speaker 3: Two blue balls or nuts, not it buzzball.
Speaker 2: During prohibition, that's the only way you could get whiskey. You had to get your doctor to prescribe it.
Speaker 1: And uh, it's like weed now.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely was to go to the Fund States, of course, and someone who had, I guess is having a rough go at it. But then when someone found out and started to go fund me, that same person was like, I'm fine, please don't send me money. If I remember correctly, Mickey Rourke had said he would rather put a gun where the sundome shine.
Speaker 2: Yes, except.
Speaker 3: We're accepting money from anyone. But since all that went down, this GoFundMe that raised over one hundred thousand dollars for Mickey Rourke, who was apparently going to be evicted, but then he didn't accept the money. He is now getting a whole bunch of opportunities headed his way.
Speaker 4: And he's not.
Speaker 2: Exact that.
Speaker 3: Plugs of some sort. I have no idea, But he's also denying any new work in Hollywood for some reason. He's down on his luck and he's not rushing back to work.
Speaker 2: For what so big change for him.
Speaker 3: Let me say that one more time.
Speaker 2: Did nothing cancel?
Speaker 11: I guess not.
Speaker 3: His manager, Kimberly Hines, over the past week, he's been getting a florry of job offers, ranging from indie films to photo shoots to live appearances the signings. In fact, she's received six offers for Mickey in just two days.
Speaker 4: But he is not interested.
Speaker 22: So this is.
Speaker 3: What do you want.
Speaker 2: The anti GoFundMe is if you say I would rather shoot myself in a very uncomfortable place, correct, then take GoFundMe money. People hear that and go, well, let's give him work instead.
Speaker 3: Apparently he has a lot of pride and wants to be paid like an a lister. If he takes any job which is two hundred thousand dollars per day.
Speaker 1: Maybe dial down the pride, buddy.
Speaker 2: I don't know that your IMDb page is crawling with hits.
Speaker 3: There not so much, and you won't get two hundred thousand dollars per day if you don't have a place to sleep at night.
Speaker 4: But there you have it. My friends, good.
Speaker 3: Luck and good luck because we have got an announcement. Correct me if I'm wrong. Jackass the last one that came out?
Speaker 14: Was it?
Speaker 3: Not the final Jackass?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: This was it? It's a three D.
Speaker 2: I think the Jackass movies are like an Elton john tour. They just always tell you it's the last one, to make sure that you see it, baby, and then they come back.
Speaker 3: Well they are. Johnny Knoxville announced that Jackass movie, a new one will be hitting theaters in June, and I quote, how old are all these guys now?
Speaker 1: Fifties?
Speaker 22: I don't have it.
Speaker 3: I don't have they're out there. Most of them are sober, I'll tell you that. And Steve O, I believe has a penis steptoot on his face.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 4: So that's all I got.
Speaker 1: Well, will Bam Mark be there?
Speaker 3: You know them?
Speaker 2: Johnny Knoxville is fifty four, Steve O's fifty one, Bam forty six, we Man fifty two, Chris. But they're all in their fifties, so mad, Yeah, they're all. And then you know, Ryan Dunne didn't really make it, but he would have.
Speaker 3: It didn't work out. Johnny Knoxville announced, and I directly quote, well a wang dang and a hot damn doodle. We're starting the year off with a bang. We wanted to let you know that this summer. That is a direct quote.
Speaker 2: All right, these guys aren't cool anymore. Still quotes, these guys aren't cool anymore.
Speaker 3: Jack guys is backmore to come, but wanted you to hear it from us first. No no other information.
Speaker 2: He said, wang dang and hot dang.
Speaker 3: Well, a wang dang and hot damn doodle, which is fun? Bam Mordia. To answer one of your questions, I forgot who said it will reportedly appear in the never before seen archival footage. Okay, exciting, so not new stuff.
Speaker 1: Classic hits is nothing.
Speaker 3: Please you.
Speaker 4: No, I would go watch this track, ass, no problem.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was about to watch it until I heard that quote. I thought you guys were cool. You guys are are supposed to be cool. You're supposed be making fifties look cool.
Speaker 3: He is cool. He's hosting Fear Factor. Now, come on, got to make a buck and I.
Speaker 1: Watch Fear Factor and ever maybe since Joe Rogan.
Speaker 3: That was like one of the shows that my family and I bonded over when Joe and That and the Mole Not Mine Myerson Cooper was hosting.
Speaker 2: My mom can't handle anything, cockroach like anything like that. It's that turn it off, turn it off immediately.
Speaker 3: Part of that Fear Factor show at Universal. I had a tarantelama face.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. I tried to watch Joseph Parker It's around my mother and that did not go over well.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, happy birthday, Mama, Lane.
Speaker 3: Yeah uh, this might go over well because.
Speaker 2: It'll be next week when she listens to this anyway.
Speaker 1: So that's fine.
Speaker 3: You asked for it, said no one, and Lionsgate is giving it to you. They have now confirmed new video games based on Keanu Reeves john Wick as well cool Saw.
Speaker 4: Based on that weird puppet, which so.
Speaker 3: That looks like a clown.
Speaker 2: If I'm to read between the lines, if I want to be successful at a Keanu Reeves john Wick video game, hey, I just have to kill everybody.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, because especially if they mess with your puppy.
Speaker 2: I read. I read.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've seen a John.
Speaker 3: Wick spoiler alert.
Speaker 4: There's a puppy involved.
Speaker 1: But they're good.
Speaker 2: I read. I read an article the other day that said, like, I know, yeah, the guy that said that after the release of the latest john Wick movie, his kill count throughout the franchise is up to like four hundred and sixteen.
Speaker 3: Oh you read that pretty sure, said on the next episode that's what it was.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: I read it when I was rifling through your files.
Speaker 4: Ah, careful, they're juicy.
Speaker 3: No word yet on when this is gonna come out, but we have seen saw the video game before. That was back in two thousand and nine and they say the makers behind the Silent Hill series are going to help with this new one. The John Wick prequel game Hex that was released in twenty nineteen, and now they're like our powers combined, let's go ahead and put it.
Speaker 4: There for the gamers to play.
Speaker 3: Also, quick update, I didn't print the article, but I'm now remembering the headline. According to rumors, Grand Theft Auto is not complete yet, the one that you have been waiting for fifteen years. And then they did the teaser trailer, then they pushed it back a little bit more. According to rumors, it's not even complete at this point. Is it's better be the best video game than anyone's ever seen?
Speaker 1: Isn't it pushed back to like next year?
Speaker 2: This year?
Speaker 4: Now it's still incomplete?
Speaker 3: What are we waiting for?
Speaker 2: Can we just like cut it off and make the rest of it DLC?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Downloadable content? Yes?
Speaker 4: Aah heard that.
Speaker 2: Here's some download It's like the only way people have been getting new Grand Theft Auto is through like little add ons and DLC pecs.
Speaker 4: We'll check that out and now.
Speaker 2: Uk about I don't even have play video games that often.
Speaker 3: I keep paying for Lunaplus. So that's as close as I get at Fortnite this weekend.
Speaker 4: For sure. There you go, get out of my lobby.
Speaker 3: My guy can.
Speaker 1: Drop out of school like that thirteen year old.
Speaker 3: I bet he will make more money than I do next year.
Speaker 1: Is like you know, thousands of followers.
Speaker 3: If you are not into video games but you do love movies, here's some fun facts for you. And that's how I'm going to end the next episode. Thank you so much for listening. Have a great weekend. Well, we now have all of the songs that have appeared the most in television and movies. We have a tie at number six September Earth Wind and Fire, Fade Into You, Mazzie Star that's been in forty one films and TV appearances, Fix You, Coldplay forty two films and TV appearances at last, Out of James at number three, Push It number two with lots and TV appearances. But can you guess at number one, with fifty two film and TV appearance.
Speaker 1: What song has been in the most movie.
Speaker 3: I would say it's closer to Push It than it is at last.
Speaker 1: Fine four, You're the countdown has really thrown me.
Speaker 4: Okay, Five.
Speaker 1: So another countdown.
Speaker 3: It was this song right here, this is all okay, fifty two film in appearance of all time, of all time.
Speaker 1: Good for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the clock in two or three more this year. That's nuts on the boob too, Watch whatever you want. Just good luck that guys playing sports Jaguars, Bills, Eagles, forty nine Ers, Patriots, Chargers.
Speaker 4: Hope you guys have fun.
Speaker 3: We also have the US Figure Skating Championships, the eighty third Annual Golden Globes and these he'z what He's nuts games and me on Instagram at Sabrina Amber most importantly day with Me America smoke.
Speaker 2: We thank you, Sabrina. Speaking of the bills, we need to tell we need to talk about what's going on over at high Mark Stadium.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 2: In a little bit. They are having they're they're gonna have like a yard sale because this is the last year at high Mark and so they're going to sell everything. And if there was some items, he thought, certainly they'll just throw that away. Nope, they're selling that to Plus, we got to talk about the man who says he has the world's smallest penis. And I asked, I asked for some comparisons in chat GPT about said penis and and uh chat GPT does not believe him, like just thinks it's medically impossible to have the penis that he says he has.
Speaker 1: So we're going to dive.
Speaker 2: Into that with a very very large magnifying glass, plus your dispatches and more.
Speaker 1: All that's coming up for a Friday on the news Junkie.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of usually it's just this week, but you have kind of some extra stuff to pull from because we haven't done this in like two three weeks. Oh good, I wasn't sure if you'd give me a hard time for no.
Speaker 22: No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: This can extend beyond just seven days because we have not come together to really give Florida the examination that it needs in quite some time. But are you nervous because like, you're doing it, it's my thing, but you're doing it, but I'm still here.
Speaker 3: No pressure.
Speaker 2: Do you do this when I'm not here?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Wow, we kind of just glaze over, But no, I've never guessed.
Speaker 1: We're used to do it when I'm not here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and but but now Josh, just like I don't mean to do it it does.
Speaker 3: The next episode when I'm exactly yeah, everyone's sharing jobs.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, yeah, are you ready? Are you ready to go? Josh, I'm gonna have to be all right, let's get into it. Let's do This Week in Florida.
Speaker 11: Giving you a recap of the most grown worthy stories in the States. It's this Week in Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this Week in Florida. Baby, and we start. There's no sponsor for this or no, there's no okay, we start.
Speaker 1: Thanks for bringing that up. That's cool, Thanks for reminding me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just wanted to Florida Underground Fest six. Yes, that is going to be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday downtown Sandford. Get the details by searching Florida Underground Fast on Facebook or Instagram.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Super villains are putting that together and just a whole that like, uh, we never heard of. It would take us the whole segment to list all the bands that are in this Underground Fest, so there is a lot more to choose from. Can read them and weep so many bands I'm weeping and thank you.
Speaker 1: Stop weeping.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna stop weeping and start reading this story. And we start This Week in Florida in our very own Orange County, Okay, where two have been arrested in an axe attack ambush. Deputies say Nicholas Lavallee twenty years old and Anne asked Excel, excuse me, twenty nine, let's describe.
Speaker 2: I do think she's going to be that bad at you forgetting her name wrong, but it could be she is the type that if she's mad, ax attack so exactly, maybe give maybe give it another and Excel.
Speaker 5: These two are accused of working with at least two other people to rob and batter the victim, whom the couple reportedly enticed to the apartment complex with a series of false messages from Excel's Instagram, and what deputies said they learned was a tag team effort between Lavallee and Excel Okay. It was noted in the documents that the victim had begun messaging Xcel about two weeks prior, during which time a person identifying himself as her partner intervened and told the victim to stop reaching out, which he did. That was the case until the victim began to receive false messages on December twenty ninth, which sought to convey AXL was newly single and looking for company.
Speaker 2: Whoa come on over all?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: The victim then right text yeah, well it gets better, the victims it was it was an Instagram.
Speaker 1: DM, booty DM, Booty DM.
Speaker 5: The victim received the booty DM and then arrived at the apartments on Emily Loop around eleven thirty pm, telling deputies that he then followed Axl up the stairs after she descended them dressed in lingerie. And I'm just picturing like one of those outdoor apartment complexes where everyone could see this happening.
Speaker 3: Right, and their trash is outside because it's getting picked up the next stoor, that's right.
Speaker 5: But as they were about to reach the third floor, the victim said he encountered a man with a gun telling him not to move, adding he recognized the individual as Axel's partner. The victim then ran back downstairs, where there were two other males waiting for him, one holding an axe and the other holding a knife. The victim was putting a choke hold, got away, started running, then slowed down to ask the axe handler what they were going to do to him. Okay, so I don't know why he stopped running.
Speaker 2: This sounds like something that would procure some extra charges because if you went through the motions of texting this guy to bring him over only to ambush him, it's more than just like regular ass assault.
Speaker 3: That's premeditated AF.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, they robbed him. He asked what the premeditated AF, and then aggravated premeditated AF.
Speaker 5: The guy with the axe hit him over the head with the blunt end of the ax. He survived, luckily, obviously, or we wouldn't have the story. Lava Lely and Axl were arrested to face charges of robbery with firearm, grand theft of a motor vehicle, battery, and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. The victim's car was found abandoned in the nine thousand block of Nelson Park Circle.
Speaker 1: Like I'm supposed to know where that is?
Speaker 2: Hell a circle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nelson Parker, correct.
Speaker 22: It.
Speaker 1: And this is also kind of a circle related story.
Speaker 5: A Disney performer injured by a large prop boulder during the Indiana Jones Epics.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see this video? No, it's insane.
Speaker 3: Hang on me, then I've seen what they've changed.
Speaker 2: Since I haven't seen what they've changed from the show.
Speaker 1: Read a little bit more about I want to find it.
Speaker 5: Josh, a performer in the Indiana Jones Epics Stunt Spectacular show, was injured during a recent show at Disney's Hollywood Studios when a large prop boulder moved off of its track.
Speaker 1: According to Disney spokesperson.
Speaker 3: Mind you, this show has been around for many a year's oh yeah, and kind of staple of the show is that moment, because it's a big moment in the film franchise.
Speaker 1: Corrects like the coolest part.
Speaker 4: And after all these years, finally someone gets.
Speaker 1: The boulder, finally got one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I don't need like the eleven minute you're you got a theme park blog, you're explaining it to me. Where is going to make you won't believe what happens? All right, let me see if this and maybe you could hear that. I don't even know if we should play the audio flow.
Speaker 4: But maybe not.
Speaker 2: All right, you see the bulley about to come down.
Speaker 4: It's a good angle too.
Speaker 1: It's not the angle I like, but it's it's good enough.
Speaker 2: Here it comes, so the boulders off the track and a hero comes up to save everybody.
Speaker 19: And then.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you've ever seen someone get hit in the face with the giant ball like is there was no stopping his fall. He just went from straight up ninety degrees to one.
Speaker 2: And as far as like removing the magic from stuff, I kind of know right watching this show that it's not a real heavy boulder, but watching it bounce like a giant like dodgeball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's still hurt.
Speaker 2: Clear, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: It not that it wasn't for his face stopping that boulder. It probably would have heard some audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would have been right into the crowd. Kind of would have been fun. I would have liked to He's a he's a hero to die. I want to put it on see it now.
Speaker 5: Disney says, we're focused on supporting our cast member who is recovering. Safety is at the heart of what we do, and that element of the show will be modified. And uh, after that, they canceled a few shows and now the boulder is not there at the moment.
Speaker 11: From uh, the.
Speaker 2: Ideas dangerous what they've done. Yeah, that is correct.
Speaker 5: We go now to Jupiter, where a bizarre dispute ended in a warning shot being fired after an argument over a dog that died eating a sex toy.
Speaker 19: That was a lot on.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on here. You read it again, I mean A heated argument over.
Speaker 5: A dog's bizarre death after reportedly swallowing a sex toy ended with a shot being fired and an arrest, according to Jupiter Police. On The Jupiter Police Department said that bo Stuart Grant, Big Name, forty six, was arrested on December thirtieth at his home and is facing aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and discharging a firearm in public, both felonies. The victim told officers he had been living at Grant's home for about two months, and according to a probable cause affidavit, the two men began arguing over several issues, including the victims claim that his dog died after eating a sex toy.
Speaker 1: Something he blamed Don Grant. They don't They don't tell you what kind of sex toy?
Speaker 3: Is it remote control eating?
Speaker 5: We don't know the dogs, so yeah, I might have just sharp plastic bits or something.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about me, worry about this dog that's dead, babe. I just went to the store and I brought home sharp plastic hits. We're gonna have a good night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: During the argument.
Speaker 5: The dispute escalated, and the victim said Grant went inside, retrieved his firearms, stepped outside, raised the gun, fired a single shot into the air, allegedly.
Speaker 1: Saying you better get out of here.
Speaker 5: The victim then left, called police and received a text from Grant saying, sorry for the warning shot, but how you're handling this is not okay.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry for shooting my guy, but this is not cool.
Speaker 3: Browning shot?
Speaker 1: But what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: When questioned by police, Grant initially denied the shooting, but later admitted to firing a single shot to quote scare the victim after being confronted with the text message.
Speaker 1: Evidence.
Speaker 5: Officers reached spent forty caliber shellcasing in the driveway, and Grant was booked at the Jupiter Police Department and later transferred to Palm Beach County Jail. Are you okay that that story was a lot? Let's unwrap. Let's have a more chill story here, a little like palette cleanser.
Speaker 1: Yes, here you go, Here you go.
Speaker 5: An o'callum man is suing outback steakhouse after a trip to the restaurant's bathroom took an unfortunate turn. The lawsuit says, the man identified as Michael Green, I guess we're just saying his name. Visit one of the chains restaurants along Southwest College Road and o'calla back in March. At the time, Green went to use the restroom, but while he was seated on the toilet in the handicap stall, the toilet quote suddenly shattered and collapsed beneath it.
Speaker 4: Oh awie talk about shards exactly.
Speaker 5: As a result, the lawsuit alleges Green suffered severe bodily injury, and he is seeking over fifty thousand dollars in damages.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, not a.
Speaker 1: Lot for falling on a sharp toilet.
Speaker 6: Toilet?
Speaker 3: What is this from a viral video called Sitting on the Toilet?
Speaker 1: I was on Tosh Point oh back in the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, I never get to use it.
Speaker 1: It was a good show.
Speaker 20: I liked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're gonna like this.
Speaker 5: We go to Lake City, Florida, where a Florida man tried only to cover up his face and then rob a meat market in the nude. According to Lake City Police Department, officers were called to BJ's meat Market.
Speaker 2: It is what websites is from and wk Fox thirty five. There you go, Lobby Fox.
Speaker 1: Have it on CBS twelve too.
Speaker 5: BJ's Meat Market on Main Boulevard shortly before nine pm on December twenty third, to investigator reported robbery employees told detectives that the suspect was completely nude except for a face covering. Police reviewed surveillance video and said, Kobe Watkins, let's identify him then.
Speaker 2: Penis police were good at.
Speaker 5: Surveillance video and said Kobe Watkins left a trail of clothes and other evidence along his route of travel.
Speaker 1: Walk they got him. He was taken for medical evaluation Penis.
Speaker 2: There's Kobe right there, unmasked, yep and clo No tell he's got a little shirt on there.
Speaker 5: He was taken for medical evaluation before being booked into the detention center. He's being charged with robbery with a weapon, exposure of sexual organs, and grand theft and criminal mischief. And usually those don't all go together, but here we are.
Speaker 2: Were there people there like witnesses, Like if you were to break into an empty store and rob it and you were naked, are you still getting the exposure charge?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? Great question?
Speaker 4: Put on the molt place.
Speaker 1: I think there were some employees there, and that's probably where that's coming from. We go to Polk County.
Speaker 5: According to Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, funny guy, funny guys.
Speaker 1: Lots of sound clips from there. There's some good quotes from him in this story.
Speaker 5: According to him, Matthew Zacharino of Altamont Springs was sitting in a vehicle by himself at a construction site last month. When deputies approached him, they said he was wearing a red lace bra with prosthetic silicone breasts. Said quote, then we notice he's wearing a g string showing off the boys.
Speaker 11: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Oh there sticking out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And his jud went on to explain that it's hard to know how dangerous these situations are going to be because under the prosthetic breass, deputies found a gun.
Speaker 3: Oh the Sheriff's thing.
Speaker 5: They didn't think that one of the one of the boobs looked a little off, a little gun shaped boob, No biggie. The sheriff said that. Zacharino claimed he was going to a costume party, but when deputies asked where the party.
Speaker 2: Was, they said he stopped talking. Machine gun jubblets. How did I miss those? Yeah, baby exactly?
Speaker 5: Jud continues, Good lord, hey movie, Okay, let me get through this story. Jud continues. Can you imagine he's mad at us for trying to find out why why he's wearing lace brawls with guns and g strings or g something's it was ugly.
Speaker 2: It was so ugly.
Speaker 1: Exact quote.
Speaker 5: Zacharyo was charged with arm trespassing with a firearm, loitering or prowling, and resisting without violence and a fun one. We go to the license plates that were deemed too obscene for Florida in twenty twenty five. Okay, at least no, not yet, at least the ones I can safely read. We have six ho oh hell no.
Speaker 1: Zero M y two f y m oh on my way.
Speaker 5: To that's a power apparently not oh ma'am mom, mom oh, there you go zero s H one T.
Speaker 1: One F s T M F two boner.
Speaker 5: I want to meet the guy that wanted to sup bitches spelled with a five for the s sixty nine lo o L sixty nine bad ass spelled with an eight for the B just straight up the word assault, which good luck, bang bus.
Speaker 1: Where the A is four and the s is A five.
Speaker 2: Why can't you have assault?
Speaker 5: It's not a bus It sounds aggressive, sure, b G D c K you can figure that one out right. Bitch in ninety one, bitch please D three z nuts just the word erect, no numbers at all, attempt was made. They're like erect f U h o A oh Sabrina you got denied? Yeah, wh life that one too? Uh hawk tua but it's H four w K two uh hell nor hell nor. I don't know why. Australia kill six sixty six murger with a G no rubber cool pizza ho p dash n as just the word slut and tea bagger and zoom MF and finally next year. To wrap up this Week in Florida, Oh no, oh no, as it turns out away, you're gonna love this. As it turns out, Jennifer Lopez owns a house in Miami, and that is this Week in Florida.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Josh, You're welcome. Excellent job doing this Week in Florida. Ten out of ten? What have you do it again?
Speaker 3: That was slut.
Speaker 2: Every time we read those roundups of the license plates, I always think of like a couple that I've seen that how did they make it through that particular like discretion, because because I've seen one that says foo bar, which I don't know why you ever want to drive a motor vehicle with a license plate that says that you would be fed up beyond all recognition.
Speaker 1: One that says s H T.
Speaker 2: Z S I K or something like that, which seems I'm sorry. And then our friend just uh sent us one that made made the cut m F Forever, m F for E V E R. So good for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice, Thank you, good job, Josh.
Speaker 2: This week in Florida, and we got so much more to get to Jerry duties coming up in a little bit. Got an update on some stories we've talked about throughout Actually one of them it seems like it's not that old, but two years ago that kind of jump started all this plane business that we've been talking about as of recent And we got to talk about the man with the Smallest penis. We I teased it earlier, and I totally forgot about this week in Florida, and uh we got to get to that as we uh move on with a Friday show. All that plus your dispatches. You can send him into the news Junkie dot com. Those are coming up next on the News Junkie. And I've teased this guy a couple of times, and I mean a lot of people probably tease this guy because this poor fellaw Michael Phillips of North Carolina, he was unaware growing up that he had a medical condition where his penis is significantly smaller than the average sized penis and he has in front he's not much of for him, but he has gone on. I don't know why he decided to go overseas. Maybe he lives in the UK, but it says he's from North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's bigger over there.
Speaker 2: No, he's not.
Speaker 4: Their health insurance is much easier.
Speaker 1: Stretches.
Speaker 2: But uh, and the guy went straight on TV to talk about his really tiny, tiny wang.
Speaker 1: So let's listen into what he's got to say right now.
Speaker 19: Then, here at this morning, we've never shied away from tackling real life matters for you.
Speaker 22: We're talking about what might be the last taboo.
Speaker 23: With the average UK penis size around five point two.
Speaker 1: All right, ready they have on the graphics.
Speaker 2: They have prepared for you what the average penis size is five point two inches in the UK.
Speaker 1: That's generous, and then wait to see what his.
Speaker 23: Is is up to just zero point three eight inches for comparison.
Speaker 2: Less than half. It says he has less than half an inch for a penis.
Speaker 1: I think that lady wrestler China had a bigger one.
Speaker 3: It's funny regular berries.
Speaker 2: Uh, that would be weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe he gets into that because it does say like that's the only thing he's gonna to do. It sounds like he has to exactly, he has to sit to pe He cannot do anything else when I like don't feel like standing, you know, but not I do it because I want to, not because I have to.
Speaker 1: This guy has to ingrat.
Speaker 22: That's about the size of garden pay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god, that was awful. The size of a garden p.
Speaker 2: I have, I have a couple. I have a list of things that it's the size of. We get to in a second.
Speaker 23: Here eight inches for comparison, that's about the size of garden pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Thirty eight year old Michael Phillips was.
Speaker 2: Look, I've said this guy, you just set him up with the whole garden peek comparison and he's just sitting there. He's got some tattoos. He's not the worst looking guy, but I mean, when did you he looks like young Steve Wozniak.
Speaker 19: Kind of micro penis in twenty twenty four, which he believes could well be the smallest in the world.
Speaker 2: I never wanted on TV.
Speaker 22: Injections to see if that can help.
Speaker 23: But while they proved unsuccessful, Michael wants to help other men feel better about their own bodies.
Speaker 1: I talked over that.
Speaker 2: They said that he has tried fat injections to help out the size of his member, and I don't know where the fat went, but it didn't go where he wanted it to.
Speaker 23: So let's hearing good morning, good morning, thank you, thank you so much. We've been talking about this and it's so important here and you're sitting on the couch and you're prepared to talk about it. Why is it so important to you, Well, I.
Speaker 6: Guess because it should be like known that it's a medical condition that can cause it, and that if more people wrong.
Speaker 3: Carpet matching the drapes much.
Speaker 1: Saying he's got a small personality, then hopefully has a big car.
Speaker 6: Addition, when they're younger, that they could be taken and seen by a doctor and hopefully get treatment that would actually provide some some level of help.
Speaker 22: Because by the time he.
Speaker 2: Sounds kind of like what was that Netflix series? No, doesn't sound boring, he doesn't sound it sounds like having a micro penis is the only thing this guy has going for him, which is just the worst luck.
Speaker 3: But you're talking to him like he's a toddler.
Speaker 21: I think toddler's like, oh, little baby penis guy, and uh, go ahead and uh but no, he said what was the Netflix docuseries?
Speaker 3: Like went around the world to make his penis bigger?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no. The way he talks, he sounds like one of the guys that was like in that backwoods community where the.
Speaker 4: Wild whites of the West Virginian.
Speaker 2: No, he murdered somebody and then like burned the body and the murder.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 4: Wrestling. He loves wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was super into wrestling and oh making a murderer. Yes, he sounds like Steven Avery or Steven Avery's brother when he talks.
Speaker 1: Just got that kind of.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just why make sure that people know that they could see a doctor if they got a real italanic penis.
Speaker 19: He got diagnosed, and you actually spoke to a medical professional. They explained, unfortunately it's too late for them to help with medical intervention.
Speaker 22: How did that make you feel when you found that out?
Speaker 2: Oh, it did make me.
Speaker 6: Feel very good because that was one of the main reasons why I went to the doctor, to see if there was anything I could do to make it bigger. No way, But what is available doesn't doesn't really provide much.
Speaker 23: It's so difficult as well, I think because it's kind of the moment that you discover that and knowledge is power and then you can go and get some help. When did you first start to realize that you had a mind blow?
Speaker 6: Part here, I would say probably around high school Jesus and dealing with like girlfriends and stuff like that. But I was always like under the belief They're like, maybe like I'm a late bloomer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe one day.
Speaker 1: Normal so awake, I feel like she's she's trying not to laugh.
Speaker 2: It has to be one of the people on this show that they corresponded with later on we are on right now. No, no, no, no, one of the people not that we've seen in this video, not that they're sitting on the couch. But later they talk to somebody who's like a regular on this morning show overseas, whose name is Lorraine Something. They were coming at this woman because she was laughing at the micro penis guy, and they were like, how dare you? That is so unprofessional to laugh at this guy's micro penis. He's thirty eight years old. He says that he was recently diagnosed. So he figured out in high school and he thought, late Bloomer, you know, nature will run its course and eventually I'll have a nice big penis. But no, he didn't happen, and he just got diagnosed with having this micro penis. Zero point three to eight inches is like fascinatingly small. It's it's ridiculous. It's if you wanted to combine, compare it to a few things more than just a garden p you okay there now, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: Okay something, he's now.
Speaker 2: The items that are surprisingly close to being point three eight inches include the diameter of a standard wooden pencil, a double a battery terminal button, which is the raised nub of just that part, small headphone jack plug, the housing not the tip, the width of a USBC connector, a small marble or a standard coffee stir straw.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then that's so depressing, grated oral or something.
Speaker 4: Also, this is my voice now for the rest of the show.
Speaker 23: Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I've got a green pepper lodged in my own green pepper, which is bigger than that guy's penis.
Speaker 2: When I told chat GBT why I was asking for these comparisons, that said, let's talk about this carefully and medically, not jokingly or sensationally too late for that. In medicine, and microp is defined as a stretch length that is more than two point five standard deviations below the average for age.
Speaker 3: How many people in Oh my god, it's getting worse.
Speaker 2: You need some water, You need water, you're out it? Yeah, you got How often do you know what?
Speaker 3: Josh? Can you ask him how often people have this?
Speaker 4: Or like, what are the stats when it comes.
Speaker 1: To how often?
Speaker 2: What are the stats when it comes to micro peni It says in medical literature, adult penises under one inch are virtually unheard of outside of severe congenital disorders, intersex conditions, major trauma, surgical loss, or what chat GPT thinks is the most likely culprit incorrect measurement and chat GBT basically saying, if someone claims they have a zero point three to eight inch diagnosis, it's almost certainly inaccurate or misunderstood.
Speaker 1: Mostly on this guy a liar.
Speaker 2: Chat GBT is calling him a says, most likely explanation, he meant three point eight inches, very common decimal mistake. He measured incorrectly, not stretch measuring only visual tissue, cold state, et cetera. He misunderstood his doctor, or he is exaggerating for shock value, which is unfortunately common online. This guy doesn't look like he's the shock value type. This guy looks like a sad sack who's all sack.
Speaker 19: To have an impact and that was gonna happen, and Danny never did just never did.
Speaker 22: He just never did. Did you speak to your parents about it?
Speaker 2: No, I'm adopted.
Speaker 1: Okay, what the adopted parents don't count as his parents?
Speaker 2: Well, I think.
Speaker 3: Because his adopted dad was perfectly.
Speaker 5: If he tracks down his biological dad and he finds out it's like it runs in the family.
Speaker 1: If it runs in the family, how does he have a biological dad?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, this guy, this guy's had problems, you know, doesn't stops wrong.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that fix that?
Speaker 2: Uh? If it?
Speaker 1: If it would have, this wouldn't have been the time like that.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll get great at oral sex, but we want to go on the UK TV show for it.
Speaker 2: What his doctor said, well, he's on the UK TV show because he wants to raise awareness about his condition. I wouldn't and I would just keep that to myself. Maybe just get good at the thing that you said, do the thing that Sabrina said, not go on TV because that is he doesn't look like he's got Let see if there's I was adopted, have a lot going for him. I see, if there's one more thing in here, come on, maybe.
Speaker 6: Really talk to him about stuff he didn't.
Speaker 22: Have a chance to share that with somebody that would have known you as well. And what sort of impact did that have on you?
Speaker 19: Then, Michael is a teenager and in your twenties, when everybody's out there, all your mates are out there and they're meeting other people and they're exploring life and sexuality.
Speaker 6: I'm just more like keeping it to myself. Like whereas like I was younger and stuff like that, I tried to like keep to myself. I was always like single, even though I had friends, they probably wondered why I wasn't dating, and I just I just didn't want to go through that.
Speaker 1: Well, keeping it to yourself.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your transparency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, poor if you have the opportunity, would you look at this guy's penis?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, googlement right now.
Speaker 1: I want to know if he's being truthful about it.
Speaker 2: We wanted you want to put it next to a ruler, Yes.
Speaker 3: The lady in your life, or even if that's not a lover, just a lady friend of yours. Everyone Like I would say two out of five women have encountered a micro penis.
Speaker 1: I have a very good friend that uh has dated a guy they had one.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they have a great personality.
Speaker 1: It's a great story for her.
Speaker 3: So well, yeah, but you know, uh, don't let that stop you from dating or whatever.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because all right, there's a couple of micropanes that listen to the show.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, Well, poor Michael Till basically with the micro penis, we got Moses DeWitt coming in and we're going to find a place for him to hang out with us and answer some of our questions that we have a crude over the past week or so, and you your dispatchers are coming up on the show.
Speaker 1: All that and more is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 11: Called the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie, And.
Speaker 2: Let's welcome Moses to wait at the Duet law firm. Hello, just CALLMO dot com. You're on the go. Just CALLMO.
Speaker 1: What's happening, buddy?
Speaker 2: How you doing good? Nice to see you. I said, thus to have a guest in here.
Speaker 4: Let's give him a chair.
Speaker 2: Huh, doesn't know what's happened? I mean, I didn't know where a chair that goes up this highway?
Speaker 20: Bring up?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 2: He said he was gonna sit on Fowler's lap.
Speaker 1: I thought he did say that.
Speaker 2: Then you throw and assume me for sexual harassment.
Speaker 1: It would be his lawyer.
Speaker 3: Maybe wait, he can see you, even though Josh is the one giving you a massage.
Speaker 2: What I don't know what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Oh? Kiss your neck too. Well.
Speaker 2: We thank you for coming in, buddy. It's good to see you. How are your holidays? How was your break? Oh they're good.
Speaker 9: Whenever the Bahamas for a little bit, and then when I went up to Utah for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think there was some point at which I was texting with Sean because I was bored and tracking his cruise ship that he was about five ish miles off the coast of Hopetown where you were. I was like, oh, man, I wonder if you texted Moses he could go to the beach and wave. I'm well offended. He didn't say hello, you know, he's wave. He said he was texting with you that day, and I was like, buddy, you guys were probably like just right there, right close to each other.
Speaker 3: But launched the can with the string not connecting.
Speaker 2: You get us flowing a drone out there and dropped him some goodies.
Speaker 1: Any number of things.
Speaker 2: Was passing the night I was old Hope Town. It's still there. Yeah, I haven't been there in a while. Actually, yeah, I know, I feel like you hadn't. I haven't heard you talking about going there in.
Speaker 4: The community Bolton board Facebook group.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of angry old people on that one. I guess I think that's how I found out that what's his face died? The old bartender that did all the singing Gary Gary guy from scrubs. Rest in peace, Gary. He was a He was a fun dude. Well, we do have some questions to ask you. It is jury duty and it's brought to you by the DeWitt Law Firm. If you're injured on the go, you just call MO. You call one eight hundred, call MO, or just call MO dot com. And you guys are still giving away a cruise. I believe if you sign up as a VIP, just call me dot com slash vi P. Yes, right, all right, I nailed it.
Speaker 3: Look at that, John, Thank you for letting us borrow Josh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josh was the one that nailed that yesterday. He had it all right up there in the nugget. Yeah, one thing right, So we had That's my one.
Speaker 1: For the year. We have a handful of questions that we over the week.
Speaker 2: One of them is about this thing with GROC and this came up today in my stories, but we had people are now using GROC to make these images of people that they didn't consent to. And I know that at least in Florida and a handful of other states they've made laws saying that you cannot use AI or use computer generation to make a nude image of a recognizable person against their will, that sort of deep fake technology. But some of these were just like, hey, it's some random girl posting at a party, and they'll be like groc, put her in a bikini, Groc, you know, put her in something lacy or something. If it's not pornography, is there still some legal ramification or for the victim here? Legal protection for people using AI to alter images that people post on social media.
Speaker 9: I mean, depending what they do, it could possibly fall fall under cyberstalking, which can be difficult to prove. But I think again it's one of the situations where, you know, technology moves faster than the law, and so at this point there's probably not a whole lot you can do unless it's falling under one of the existing statues. Now, could there possibly be something down the road that addresses this, of course, sure. Could there be a requirement if it's you know, made with AI to have proper disclosures and things like that, Yes, but at this point in time we don't really have that. You know, if it falls under something where it's defamatory or something like that, then maybe there's there's grounds for a lawsuit.
Speaker 2: But like just like, you know, Josh Bawler posting himself out at a bar, and I say, Grock put him in a bikini. That's not defamatory necessarily, It's just a he might not want it though.
Speaker 3: Isn't it solacious? Or like what if you didn't want to be seen in that way? That is that not grounds for some sort of well, I mean, you.
Speaker 9: Could you make the argument that you know, he owns the rights to you know, his you know, likeness, right, and his nipples nipples like.
Speaker 5: Public faces only on days's end, and why public facing people they have less of a chance when it comes to growth calling them bikinis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 9: But I mean you can always make the argument you own your likeness that they're you know, illegally you know, profiting off that likeness or putting your likeness out there.
Speaker 2: You could ask for it to be removed.
Speaker 9: But I think eventually we will see some sort of lost statue come out to address these kinds of situations With Ai.
Speaker 2: The story that I read from Bloomberg last night when I was, you know, doing research for the show, said, uh, Grock Ai, which is the one on on X. The elon musk Ai has generated thousands of undressed images per hour on x. The scale of deep fix is unprecedent, with Grock generating about six thousand, seven hundred images every hour that were identified as sexually suggestive or newdifying, compared to other ais, which only do about seventy nine nudes per hour on other top websites. Challenge victims targeted by deep fikes have reported the images to X but receive little to no response and the images remain live, some victims saying that block and grocer reporting the images does not work to stop the non consensual content.
Speaker 1: But I mean it is to be fair.
Speaker 2: When it is a nude image, it's now illegal. Yeah, when it's nude, it's now illegal. That's fairly straightforward.
Speaker 9: It's sort of these more salacious images that we don't really know about yet, got it.
Speaker 2: Another thing we talked about at the very beginning of the week, obviously, the raid on Venezuela and the taking over of or just the capture of Nicholas Maduro. And there were some people or one particular person that made a lot of money on polymarket about whether or not we would invade Venezuela before the end of January, meaning like, hey, it could be very possible that this person knows something and use poly Market to make a profit off of it. Now, in the stock market, that would be insider trading, and it would be very illegal, and you would spend a Martha Stuart amount of time in jail, or maybe longer than that, because you're not Martha Stewart. When these betting sites like polymarket or calsh are used for stuff like this, is there a version of insider trading that applies to those or since they call it a market where you're buying shares, is that insider trading?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't know where these places are based or if they're US based or regulated, but typically if you have sort of any sort of insider information, whether it's you know, you work for the government in this case, or you work for a sports team and you have some special information, that can still be considered a fraud if you're placing these bets and profiting on that insider information. So there may not be a specific law like with sec with stocks and things like that, but it can still be And Sarah fraud, I think we saw that a little bit with the recent gambling scandal when it was the poker scandle and the gambling scandal at the same time.
Speaker 2: So in the case of fraud, who would be the victim? Well, I mean ultimately bringing the who's bringing the lawsuit? Is it polymarket or Kylesh? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: So they would basically bring a lawsuit saying we're not paying you, and then they make counter suit on the other side saying, hey, you utilize insider information to place this bet, So the agreement is basically void.
Speaker 2: There was another thing. It's not in this pile, but we're talking about insurance companies, and there was yeah, well we're talking about Calshi not wanting to pay you. And often the people who want to do their job the least are the people whose job it is to pay out money casinos, lottery, insurance companies. Joshwer Josh Fowler. They want to find any excuse not to give you the money they owe, because you know, their business is to try and do as little of the paying out of the money as possible. Now that being said, Geico, so they said they're gonna pay these people, but they almost tried to not pay out. This guy who was in an accident because he didn't have his two young children claimed on his insurance even though they're too young to drive. They say that when he filled out his information, he didn't put them as members of the household. Is that a common loophole for insurance companies to say, like, Hey, you signed this paperwork and you said you and your wife, the people that drive your cars are the only ones that live here. You didn't say you had any kids, So even though the kids weren't hurt in the accident, they weren't affected. Everybody was fine, We're not going to pay out any of the damages because you didn't tell us you had kids.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's actually fairly common. So when you fill out an insurance application, one of the things they ask you is everybody who lives in your household. If you fail to disclose that, or if it changes in the future, which is what more commonly happens, and you don't remember to disclose that later, they can use that as a basis for denial. I mean, I think we talked about this before too. The other one is when you get married. If you get married, your insurance rays actually go down.
Speaker 2: Quite a bit. But a lot of people forget to tell their insurance company that.
Speaker 9: So any major life event you really should be updating your insurance policy with that information. But most people obviously just don't even think about that. But you know, most people say what my wife said, I said, is Jackson on our insurance policy? And she goes to drive?
Speaker 2: And I said yes, and she said no, he doesn't often drive, which is I mean, it's a fair answer.
Speaker 9: But if you've had I want too many drinks and he needs to step in, you can do that.
Speaker 1: Che getting insured for that just yet. But I do have two things on the to do list.
Speaker 2: One of those don't get in an accident on the way home, and the second one call my insurance broker, cause that's not something that everybody thinks of, especially if you negotiated the insurance before you had the baby. Those are things you kind of need to add to your plan. So you're on the up and up and H. Well, thank you for coming in, man, Thanks man, thank you. Thanks for keeping me company in my booth. It's quick, cozy, it's.
Speaker 4: You're the only person I have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I haven't haven't used that microphone before, so uh, good food.
Speaker 1: It sounds all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks thanks so much for coming in.
Speaker 2: H on the go, just call him if you want to win that cruise, just call him dot com slash vip. You become a just calm O vi P and you can find yourself on the open seas on Modowitz dime. Moses, thank you for coming. Thank you. We'll see you guys next week. All right, Moses, do wick. More of your dispatchers are coming as we round out the show. The Power Hour is up next on the News Junkie. That's how bost Man Bradshaw in the hall and he was like, Hey, you're doing a great job. And I was like, you didn't hear the intro?
Speaker 14: Did you?
Speaker 1: He goes no, that was my favorite part of it. That was your favorite part, the part.
Speaker 2: That I screwed up. The you did you guys fro you guys, you've heard it a few times and you came in and saved me when I needed it, the old one. Thank you dearly for that. But I got to show you this. This is hilarious. What this is a weird sign of the times because over in Ukraine they u they're they're going, I think this is this was Russians that actually made this video here we love making video for this is weirdly medieval but weirdly futuristic. This is a like a cavalry that they've got going on on horseback in the Ukraine. And look at this contraption that they've strapped to the horse here. This is to the horse's saddle and there's this like iron or something bars that they welded onto the saddle here and then mounted something on for their for their cavalry. That starling it is a starlink in Internet panel. Very grateful for Wi Fi from mister Musk that they're taking into battle. And there's there's a video.
Speaker 4: They're much smaller now there's starlink many well.
Speaker 2: I you know, it's it's hard to get the new the new models out one uh, there is a hold on. I have a video here of them on the horse. Let's see if we can see what's going on. It's a little bit shaky because it's out in Ukraine and the internet is not great.
Speaker 1: But star Wars.
Speaker 2: I almost nailed it, okay i' And then that's that moving on the horse fueled by the starlink Ukraine. Because he actually curses in Russian. He curses in Russian and for some reason they bleeped it because they thought.
Speaker 4: Many rush listeners here, thank you, we.
Speaker 2: Don't want you to hear the the I strapped the starlink on the horse and then went, look at that.
Speaker 1: That's effing awesome in Russia, which I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean, I tried starlink moving r V and it wasn't that great. But maybe is it not?
Speaker 2: Is it not as like receptive if you're in motion, because I thought that they were supposed to have taken care of that with the specifically the mobile or the minis that you put on the RV.
Speaker 3: I mean we certainly attempted. Now once we were stable, horse pun intended it was great, especially in a place Bonnerou was not known, especially where the r vs are to get great signal. But as we're moving, I don't think that it was all that hot. Maybe I did it wrong too. It was all new for me. Well, it worked out great with that one day that we had at oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: That year was headlined by insane clown Posse and that was about.
Speaker 3: It, right and the Wrath of God.
Speaker 2: Somebody like as a meme redid the line up poster for Bonno after the fact, and it was just like you know, Thursday night, insane clown posse and a couple of bands that played and then nothing, just a big empty poster, which I thought was just a little bit funny, amazing. It was the fago was the like the the highlight of Bonnaroo that year. Where you going again this year?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the plan?
Speaker 2: Is there you can? Is there a lineup yet? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay time it's a great lineup.
Speaker 1: That was the one I liked.
Speaker 2: There was still Okobe had had some like holes in it that I was like, I don't know, but Bonnero had some really good ones.
Speaker 3: And we're also giving more tickets Real Radio Dot FM slash contest.
Speaker 2: There you go, Real Radiom Slash Contest. You could go to Bonnaroo and run into Sabrina there and take some pictures, give some hugs.
Speaker 1: Make it awkward just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Oh please, I'm the one that makes it awkward.
Speaker 2: We're going to get to your dispatches here. They've been piling up and I've been uh distracted. Moses came in and kept me company in my booth, which was fun. Somebody said I looked like Wolfman Jack from that angle. You're not wrong. Wolfman Jack was like an old radio guy, but I think I think it's just scruffy, was the overall. Yeah, well I am kind of scruffy. It's a little bad. But let's go to your dispatches.
Speaker 11: We have.
Speaker 2: I know this guy Scotti Long is chiming in on the story that Josh had in this week in Florida about the license plates.
Speaker 14: Scotty Long here, we just got custom license plates. And I told missus Long, because I have a black car, that I wanted my license plate to say.
Speaker 2: Belong b L O N g uh.
Speaker 17: She wasn't having it.
Speaker 3: Can you replay that? That was a fun story?
Speaker 2: Black Long would have been too many letters, but also probably they would have they would have rejected it. Here's Shelby Don Hey junkies, Happy day.
Speaker 7: I was thinking, I've read a story about how people and scientists who go down to Antarctica to work and research have to have even if they have no problems, have to have like their appendix removed, because the medical care down in Antarctica is so remote and so a world that they can't get to hospitals. I'm kind of surprised that they don't do like a similar thing with our astronauts up in space, rather than just bringing them down, losing time and money.
Speaker 3: And it's a good point.
Speaker 2: It might have been that just an idea. I guess that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, really, they're trained in like your standard medical care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have the fact that some facilities.
Speaker 3: Something went down like it might have been beyond their control and iss hospital virus.
Speaker 2: They're also like, you know, there's a lot of PhDs going up into space. I think these days it used to just be like wild men that flew airplanes and it got a little too close to the but literally, but now I think there's people with a bit more medical training, at least the ones that stay on the space station for any amount of time there. Let's see, this person is called Shippert. Shippert, you're on the news junkie.
Speaker 20: There was a.
Speaker 11: Woman on.
Speaker 24: My Strange Addiction that was actually eating her husband's ashes after he was cremated. She could not stop herself from eating her husband's ashes.
Speaker 3: That would be done in a week event soon.
Speaker 5: Fool.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe she was just maybe she was rationing her husband out little by little because eventually, in the case of eating her husband's ashes, that strange addiction does have an end date. Like you to burn another body or get married again, and you know, then that husband dies. It's a slow roll, but you.
Speaker 3: Know I inspired my living trust and will maybe it's a spoonful of ashes.
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever heard of this psychic Uri Geller? Yeah, no, you have heard of him. Yeah, the name sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: Uri Geller. They call him the spoon Bender. He's seventy nine years old. Yes, that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has Uh. He has an answer for President Trump about this whole Greenland issue, where where we won't have to invade Greenland or buy it or any of that stuff. Uh. He says he's generously offered up his Scottish island to President Trump to use as a military base. He wants it to become the United States fifty first state in a bid to solve this whole green Land crisis. He's got this island, he bought it. It's called Lamb Island. If you look it up, it's probably a beautiful place. It's on the east coast of Skotlark And he made this video where he claimed Trump knows how it's connected to Greenland, and everything would be hunky dory.
Speaker 1: We build a base there and we're all good.
Speaker 2: Problem is The island is about the size of a football pitch soccer for those of you who are American, yep. And it's smaller in area than the sides of some Vegas casinos, like those those tall ones that you know, like that you see on the strip there.
Speaker 1: It's smaller than that. Like if you were to put it up sideways.
Speaker 2: In fact, if you took the JumboTron at Sofi Stadium, that halo one that kind of goes all around the field, that's just a big led strip. If you were to mash that all together into one big flat strip, it is smaller than that JumboTron. So there's not really a whole lot of room for an advanced military president.
Speaker 4: Well, at least he's presenting some ideas.
Speaker 2: He's truck.
Speaker 5: I was looking at the Wikipedia for Lamb Island and it says in two thousand and nine the islands were sold for thirty million pounds or sorry, thirty thousand pounds to Yuri Geller, who stated that he believes that it is a hiding place for ancient Egyptian treasure.
Speaker 2: Still hasn't found that treasure. I think you have to canoe there. You know, there's there's not really easily accessed. Dingy ride, Yeah, you can ding it. The president says he wants Greenland and autonomous Territory of Denmark to be part of the USA, and his leading aids appear to have suggested the US could take it by force. But Geller says his soccer pitch size island near north Berwick and home to a colony of puffins.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's who lives on the island. A colony of puffins.
Speaker 4: Do you does not make any more drama and just take up his offer.
Speaker 2: It could provide the military base. He bought the island, like Josh said, for thirty thousand pounds, and he declared it a micro nation, its own national anthem Victoria. Yeah, just about or like there's a there's another ah, gosh, there's another like fort out in the sea there that some guy owns.
Speaker 1: And he says his is a micronation.
Speaker 2: All you need is like one other country to like recognize that you're a nation, and then that's it. That's what they say. The barrier to entry on becoming your own country is.
Speaker 4: Just someone else recognizes it as that.
Speaker 1: Somebody else has to call it a country.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I think you could pay another country.
Speaker 3: You can do it right now. You're a country.
Speaker 2: But we don't have the land. We need the land, all right.
Speaker 3: I got nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean if you got if you got like thirty thousand pounds, you can buy off this Lamb Island.
Speaker 4: I'm about to lose those pounds.
Speaker 2: Hang out with the puffins. But in a video, he told Donald Trump he could use the island to duck his navy and aircraft ahead of war with China. I can solve the problem with Greenland. Adopt my Lamb Island as your fifty first state and use it as a military base. I say things, but no thanks, Guri Geller. I think what you've really tried and succeeded at is just getting people to talk about you because you're a little bit crazy.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to find your Egyptian treasure.
Speaker 2: Uri. I don't even think the Egyptians cared enough about that tiny little rock to put any of their treasures there. Boom rested, you do you keep bending spoons like the matrix style?
Speaker 1: There is no spoon, It is your mind.
Speaker 2: Back to Japan. Japan man has been arrested, and after a while, I feel like you know it's I know that the victim here is this food delivery app. But after a while, I think it's just their fault for just continuing to let this stuff.
Speaker 4: Out before we hear the details.
Speaker 2: Well, how often how often have you Sabrina and you Josh, I know that both of you order Uber Eats or door Dash or any of those number of delivery apps they have. How often have you complained about your delivery to the point where they've given you a partial or full refund.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, calling it a complaint is different than I need help with my order, something's wrong or missing.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's a complaint.
Speaker 11: About it.
Speaker 3: The complaint has a negative connotation as if I if I didn't, then.
Speaker 2: Getting my order wrong has a negative connotation.
Speaker 3: That's it. I'm just correcting something that was wrong. And they answer to your question with that preface many a times.
Speaker 2: Many times, and you just get you know, they screw up your order. You usually get a refund half the time, there's still edible food involved, and it's just a freebie. This guy that's been arrested in Japan has been scamming a food delivery app out of more than one thousand free meals by repeatedly claiming his orders never arrived.
Speaker 3: Just catching on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's on them, police, and thank you for joining me in victim shaming. Police in Nagoya Ikey Prefecture say thirty eight year old old Takuya he got Shimoto pulled off the elaborate fraud over the course of two years, which cost the company more than twenty four thousand dollars or three point seven million yen. That sounds like a lot more money when you say to yen one you.
Speaker 3: Get when you have AI and robots doing customer serve right.
Speaker 2: According to reporters, he got Shimoto placed one thousand and ninety five orders through a major delivery app, including meals like Bento boxes, chicken steaks and ice cream chicken steaks chicken stiacks eat. Each time he selected contactless delivery, ate the food, and then falsely reported through the app that his order had not been delivered, receiving a refund every time. One of his latest attempts, when he allegedly created a new fake account on the app called Demecon, used a made up name and address, and he had he again claimed non delivery. How do you make up an address? You still need to have the address to go to, unless you're just going to other addresses and picking up your food and then claiming it wasn't all.
Speaker 3: There was a freaky Fast sandwich delivery years ago that would delivered just half a block away from Oh.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you you were just outside. I believe five miles is the threshold.
Speaker 3: And I was there, and I would just put the address of one place and then I would pop out, my ky, it's me.
Speaker 4: I just have a apartment in the back.
Speaker 3: That seems so sketchy, especially because I've shanked them right after.
Speaker 2: That's that's what like. That's what like people back in the day used to do. If they stole credit card numbers and wanted to order stuff, they would find like a house that was for sale and just have the stuff delivered to the house.
Speaker 4: That's not it at all. I still paid for my Jimmy you know.
Speaker 2: You paid for the Jimmy Johns. I'm just saying you haven't your Jimmy Johns delivered to a clandestine location. Seems you know.
Speaker 3: That's what happens when you live between two.
Speaker 2: That's what you mean, radio, That's what you need to do when you're five point one miles from Jimmy.
Speaker 3: John's I don't want to drive there.
Speaker 2: Next question, Investigators revealed Higashimoto had been running the scam since April of twenty twenty three. He used one hundred and twenty four fake accounts registered under false names and prepaid phone numbers.
Speaker 1: He would open an account prepaid phone numbers.
Speaker 21: Isn't there?
Speaker 2: Doesn't that cost money? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This is more trouble than it's worth.
Speaker 3: Like, is it though? Since twenty twenty three, you've gotten free meals probably every single day.
Speaker 2: I guess if he orders like a lot of food. Well, I mean he ordered one thousand meals over the hand.
Speaker 1: For two years.
Speaker 4: The drive, the.
Speaker 3: Exhilaration.
Speaker 2: Let's see two years, right, feeling Yeah, sixty five times too, that's seven hundred and thirty. So we have one thousand and what did I say? Ten ninety five? About thirty that's just a meal and a half a day. I mean that this could be all the guys eating and for him. One of the refunds he got was one hundred and five dollars sixteen thousand yen.
Speaker 4: And the driver still gets a tip.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you do they ta in Japan. Oh, that's a good question, but I'm the mod list.
Speaker 2: He just left. He was refunded one hundred and five dollars. He would open the account, make several fraudulent orders, and then delete it days later to avoid detection, but they did end up detecting him. The unemployed man confessed after being caught telling investigators, and this is the rough translation. It says, at first, I just tried this trick. I couldn't stop after reaping the rewards of my fraud, it seems poetic. Online many were stunned by the schemes scale and persistence. Quite clever opening one hundred twenty four cows No, probably not. Somebody said that takes dedication. One comment or another added the apps refund policy needs improvement. It's a bit too lenient, and I would agree with that. We just have a couple more segments to go before we you know, kick you on off into the weekend, and so we'll go for some of your dispatches. I got a couple more stories here and we'll have a good time as we continue with the Power Hour all that coming up next on the News Junkie. But also because high Mark Stadium, this was the last season in their in their home stadium, and there's a storied pass with that stadium, mostly because some of the Buffalo Bills fans are just absolute animals, but also because you know, they have a lot of like family stuff that they do there, Like when it's a snowy day, they put the word out and they let the families come and shovel the snow from high Mark Stadium, and you know, they pay them and they give them hot meals and stuff or Bill's memorabilia, and I know that. I think one of the beer companies has done this before, but bud Light announced they're doing a limited Blizzard brew made like brewed actually with snow from high Mark Stadium, which always begs the question like how are they filtering this? They need to be doing something to get some of the gunk out of there. You say it's a no for you, but I think for the average Buffalo Bills fan this would be a collector can. It's the last for the Bills at the stadium season wise, where football fans have become very familiar with Bill's Mafia shoveling out the snow following an overload of the inclement weather before an upcoming game. Follow me in the first snowmall snowfall excuse me at high Mark this season, Bud Light and the Bills. That's when you just build like an igloo, just really big with stores in it. Yeah, Snowball trademark, but Light fail. But Light and the Bills collected the snow and transported it to Anheuser Busch brewery in Baldwinsville, New York. Close. But the snow is integrated in the brewing process for the limited edition brew that comes in custom sixteen ounce k and packaging, and as far as the rest of the stadium, everything must go just high Mark yard Sale, so much so that they are selling the urinal troughs here. We'll see if I can make this beer you would oh yeah, where would you put it? I got to figure that out soon. You will be able to buy a trough out of high Mark Stadium if you were looking beforehand. I don't know what amount of cleaning would be sufficient for you, sabrina um.
Speaker 3: That would have to be several bleaches.
Speaker 2: More more cleaning than it would need to drink that beer that was made from the snow.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I will take a case of those beers before drinking.
Speaker 2: Anything out of the trough that says Bill's Mafia has the chance to end up with quite the goofy and questionably unsanitary keepsake. But the blue collar fan base in Western New York won't be deterred by any of those questions that it would beg So there's a way to add sentimental value to something, They'll do it, even if it involves something from the bathroom. I think you know, in the right man cave, you run some piping and you could put yourself a urinal trough in there. It's definitely just put a bathroom. Definitely a conversation for man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Urinals are cooler, dude.
Speaker 2: I there was a time where we had a man cave thing going on and I was like, it would be fun to put a urinal in here. And that thought lasted all of about sixteen seconds until I realized the smell that would be involved with having a urinal in your man cave.
Speaker 3: Like, even if you don't have the cakes in it, but when you do, it even smells worse.
Speaker 2: Then it just smells like urinal cakes. Like at some point, there's a few things in your life that you encounter that are made to make things smell better. The one in my head that I always think of is that old kitty litter stuff that they used to put on vomit, Like if you threw up at school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would.
Speaker 2: Pour that sawdust, kitty litter whatever stuff on there, and it was scented that was supposed to make you not smell the vomit, but it really just kind of it kind of meshed with it. And now I think even if I smelled a package of just that stuff by itself, sans vomit, I would feel a certain way. It'd be like morning. No, definitely anything but that. But yeah, if you're a Buffalo Bills fan and you want the weirdest of memorabilia, these bathroom troughs are going to be up for sale very soon, alongside probably all the seats, all kinds of size stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going to blow up the stadium after.
Speaker 2: I think eventually they want to building the stadium next door. I think if I if I've read correctly, and then at some point I would assume they would implode the thing because it's really not a lot more you could do with it. I don't know, if you're in the in the market for some primo real estate. I'm talking beachside real estate. It's hard to get prices like these for anything beachside. But there are some homes on Cape Cod's National Seashore that are going for around one hundred thousand dollars, I mean, sold far below the selling price of area properties you know that are surrounding them, and just the most beautiful of you I don't know if you can see it here, I'll pull it up. These homes over here, not so much here around the land, but right by these cliffs here, in this eroding beachside. Nobody wants to pay much more than one hundred thousand dollars for these homes. I can't really put my finger on why.
Speaker 3: Maybe we because discuss in the past though, that they have come up with ways to keep those houses.
Speaker 2: Up they're supposed to, like usually the Army Corps of engineers will go in and unload a lot of dirt or maybe do some things underneath the house. But it still seems like a very huge gamble if you were to spend one hundred thousand dollars of your hard earned money on a home that could be in the ocean. I mean, you get a really bad storm and it could fast forward that process. Oh yeah, just a little more than you would want. But hey, if you're the adventurous type and you want to it's a beautiful view. That's a that's a great looking view, gorgeous if you can survive the elements. And I don't know, I don't know if that's something that I would want to put my money into. I don't know if you're allowed to do this. Which which is the generation that's gen.
Speaker 5: Z Jesus right after Millennials, so they're like twenty I.
Speaker 1: Need either birth years or current ages.
Speaker 3: Ninety twelve, which is going to be as of early twenty twenty six, age thirteen to twenty eight years old.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't I don't know if they're allowed to do this.
Speaker 2: But the claim here from KTLA is that gen Z is as picking a new name for Karen. We have Karen is established, you have your like I want I want Chad. I want to see the manager Carrey. Well, no Chad would be the male Karen, even though this article claims that the male Karen is Ken.
Speaker 1: I thought it was more of a Chad. No Chad is like, you're an alpha male, is it?
Speaker 18: Chad?
Speaker 1: You wish Chad.
Speaker 2: You're a Chad.
Speaker 1: You're slowly becoming a Chad.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Your regiment is getting real Chad.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Christopher, he likes it, Mikey With the past decade or so, the name Karen obviously widely known as a derogatory derogatory slang moniker, often used online to refer to an older, typically white woman who would insert themselves into situations they're not involved in, demanding to speak to sword managers, calling police on people of color for innocuous reasons, but the millennials themselves. The millennial coined phrase is getting a little old, and the proof is that gen Z claims to be picking a new name. Now do we You guys are on TikTok more than I am? Do you happen to know what gen Z is replacing Karen with. There's a new name. They say that this person she's being a real beth and Sabrina. No, it's although it says one of the popular options is Ashley, and my wife just said, checks out.
Speaker 3: If you're being a real Linda.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, not enough syllables.
Speaker 5: Bethany again, Bethany is the right amount of syllables, but not the right name.
Speaker 2: Oohany, no, Elizabeth. That's too many syllables. Damn it, I forgot what account. The newest iteration of Karen, according to gen Z users of TikTok and other social media sites, is she's being a real Jessica eat me. I kind of like that, a name that's popular among both gen X and millennial women, though the gen Z debate over the name, another popular option, being Ashley, began around the summer of last year. The joke finally landed into older people's feeds in late December. They're saying, hence this article the self report from the author calling himself old. The new feature of the stereotypical careen includes the haircut and the specific choppy hairstyle famously worn by Kate Goslin and Sharon Osbourne. But one of the most popular tiktoks recording Jessica's comes from user junk mother Jess, who were laid as a thread. She'd been debating the topic and one of the comments said, Jessica and I just know she's a nurse just from knowing the name Jessica.
Speaker 1: When we come back final dispatches.
Speaker 2: Stories that didn't make the cut, and today I learned to wrap the show up for a Friday and for the week that is coming.
Speaker 1: Up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 5: The least I could do. Now I've seen the least you could do. I seen this year. I'm trying to do the most I can. Look at you go, I appreciate it, Grateful for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna coast good.
Speaker 1: Place sounds good.
Speaker 2: Let's do the final dispatches. We only have a time for about one. Let's hear from water boys. You are our final dispatch for the week. Maybe he did measure wrong, maybe he's thinking it. You know, point three eight of a meter.
Speaker 3: Since he's over there, wouldn't that be h He's British.
Speaker 1: I have news for you.
Speaker 2: Ero point three eight meters would give this guy a nearly fifteen inch long, so he wouldn't have He would have different problems if that were the case. Macross definitely would. If you missed the story about the guy with the micro penis, you can go back to the podcast Let's do the stories.
Speaker 1: Didn't make the cut.
Speaker 2: Perdue University has become the first United States college to announce artificial intelligence graduation requirements. The boiler Makers, starting with this is that true.
Speaker 1: I would just believe if you.
Speaker 3: Want to put pretty sure that's a football team name.
Speaker 2: Starting with this false entering freshman to graduate from Purdue, you need they mandate an AI working competency for all undergrads at the West Lafayette campus and Indianapolis satellite. That pilot who safely landed the Alaska Airlines jet after the door blew out the side, yeah, you know, that was two years ago. No, it seems like, uh, it seems like like one year ago maybe that we started talking about all this crazy uh air accident stuff. But that pilot that was credited was safely landing the jet is suing Boeing after they say he tried to make the person a scapegoat despite saving a lot of lives.
Speaker 1: That person and lasted out least.
Speaker 2: A lot of people seem to be making the switch to recycled toilet paper, which yeah, I mean, if you can make it just as soft as the unrecycled toilet paper, I don't care if I'm doing it for the environment. Toilet paper No, they're just there was the toilet paper is made out of recycle materials.
Speaker 3: I'm an idiot, specifically.
Speaker 2: A targeting toilet paper that has been on a rear end before, but maybe question mark today.
Speaker 13: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase.
Speaker 11: Your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 2: Now it's done.
Speaker 11: What we call today.
Speaker 2: It is today I learned for a Friday, January ninth, twenty twenty six. Today I learned this that sound didn't want to play, But today I learned igo Waffle sales in the US increased by nearly fourteen percent after the season first season of What Show Air? That's what you would have heard the stranger I think my my software here had like a it had like a thing in the final name that it didn't like. Sales of Eggo waffles have gone up thanks to the popular TV show Stranger Things. When the show's not on the air, sales go back to being sluggish. There's a prison called Purgatory in Utah. Today learn that. Today I learned this guy right here. Woody Woodpecker was voiced by eight different actors, including a woman named Grace Stafford, who voiced the character for the longest amount of time forty two years in total. She was turned down when she first attempted to audition because Woody Woodpecker was a man, but she submitted, and she submitted an anonymous audition tape, and she won the day. Sabrina Grace Lance, also known by her stage name Gray Stanford, played the character for that long and last, but not least today I learned this guy right here, Steve Winwood is correct. Steve Winwood was a backup musician for many famous singers when he was just a little kid, a little pupil at Great Barschool. Winwood was a part of the Birmingham blues rock scene and he backed blues rock musicians such as Muddy Waters, John Ley Hooker, Hallenwolf, bb King, Chuck Berry and so much more. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, the same time, the same place. Missing to show. Get the podcast at the news Junkie dot com. We'll see you on Monday. Everybody saying nothing stunning THURSDA