Speaker 1: This is Beaverville. Come man, I like the Alaskan Pipeline.
Speaker 2: Morning lighty, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with us free advice to start later please, I could never know if the day with us Florida. Listen up.
Speaker 1: The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograh, super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Light a goo nitogay. Yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: Is the twenty seventh day of March twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Friday morning on the Partrip Morning Show. You almost did it. You're almost there. We're gonna help you through it. A big show today. We got Adam thiel On to come in and play the initials game, and uh, maybe we're gonna talk him in to being a permanent member of the partri of Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I mean he's retired, now, what's he got to do?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 4: That and Marty Glarner and you know we'll cast two thousands, so why would we wait another moment? You know what it's it's it's baseball season. Here's some comedy from Brian Get on that very thing, Spartip Morning Show on a Friday morning.
Speaker 5: Come on in.
Speaker 1: I am glad you are here. I like baseball.
Speaker 6: I like the homeplate umpire job. They call balls and strikes, which I think are equally important to the game. So why is an umpire's reaction to a ball or a strike so markedly different. When it's a strike, an umpire lets everybody know. But when it's a ball, sometimes an umpire don't do nothing.
Speaker 3: I'd feel bad if I was a.
Speaker 5: Pitcher and I put all kinds of effort into my pitch and.
Speaker 6: An umpire just went, you know, waste my time with this kind of nonsense.
Speaker 5: But then when it's a strike, why not split the difference in those reactions? Because when it was a ball, I didn't know anything had even transpired, and when it was a strike, I thought your chest might explode.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: The first line is sweet, and what we're watching beets on your side.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you all, have another You hear.
Speaker 1: The distance under this line, and then you strike.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. It is Friday, March twenty seventh of twenty twenty six. I'm Corey, that's Chris, that's Paul, there's Zachary.
Speaker 1: And look what they cat dragged in. It's the gentleman John Friesil. What's up friends?
Speaker 2: Jeez, look at you tanned and relaxed. How was dizz It was perfect.
Speaker 3: Everything I could have hoped for worked out. It was magical watching her like it as fun as an adult. I've never been there, right. His dad never took him. Yeah, nice dad, Papa. My dad never did either. So then when I was like eighteen and my sister was like seventeen, he brought us because he's like, we couldn't afford this is when you guys were young, so let's go now.
Speaker 1: So he kind of made up for it. But it was perfect. He never had a power will either.
Speaker 3: By the way, what was it like being poor? Getting Yeah? I wonder you guys think? It was just so awesome. And I told Paul off Air is like at this point in my life and right now, and some of it's what Vegas has become. If I had to choose Disney with the FAM or Vegas.
Speaker 1: Don't do it. Come on, man, one hundred times, I think, condition h John, we lost him.
Speaker 8: It's over.
Speaker 3: I still the annual, but dude, what are you doing? It was one. It's one of my favorite Tamsy years Vegas. Vegas has changed.
Speaker 1: But sometimes let him go.
Speaker 3: The look on my daughter's face. The look on my daughter's face this entire trip. I will never forget her looking in the mirror during the bivity Boppity thing when the Fairy Godmother comes on there and then the angle I was at, I could see her face. Also, I will never forget that. The just joy.
Speaker 1: What Corey. You just gotta let him go. Good news.
Speaker 9: When you're walking and some metha at it goes, they come on communicating with the aliens.
Speaker 2: When Tim does the bivity Boppity booted the slot machine and we have a bonus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, maybe she.
Speaker 3: Just basically knocked the slot machine off kilter.
Speaker 1: He got it pregnant, he did. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, But the good news is I can do both. I just there's no way to. They always say like Vegas is the Disney World for adults. There is just it was so perfect and doing it for the amount of time we did was awesome because we didn't have to pack everything in so if we wanted to have a pool evening we'd leave the park early. And I loved where we stayed at Pop Century, which is just one of the regular hotels there. Perfect. It was awesome. We could get on the skyliner. The gondolasn't take it. It was just it was the best.
Speaker 1: Look at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're breaking my heart, but I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 3: I'll still be. I'll go to Vegas with you. Guys, don't worry.
Speaker 7: It's not about going to Vegas. It's about worshiping Vegas. You're we're lost you Ye, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I stopped worshiping Vegas probably three four four years ago, though, once the price gouging got so out of hand.
Speaker 1: Gouge it back right, and they are.
Speaker 3: They're learning a little, but they need they need some more pain, like the pole ads.
Speaker 4: They need to feel it gouged. You want to do it for the kids, exactly.
Speaker 9: Disney.
Speaker 3: Another thing everyone talks about how expensive it is, a lot of this stuff was. I think they've lowered prices, but it was not ridiculous at all. Inside the parking, inside the park, like food and things, things, No kidding, it really wasn't bad. Now if you do that. We did the cinderellas. Yea, those are expense that's expensive. But the food there was amazing and you get to meet every princess.
Speaker 1: What was the dude sitch? There was a lot of dudes there. Again, No, I'm stuppy for you.
Speaker 4: And it seemed like the best time ever in her face made it just the best and she'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: And no, my way is perhaps bringing her back this fall.
Speaker 4: We're going to keep the pillow is warm on the Vegas side perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, will be there, and when I'm there, I will have the greatest time in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just gonna throw this out there. Let's bring Cloda Vegas. Let's see what her face looks like when she hits the sevens.
Speaker 3: She asks all the time, the sizzlers. I bet the sizzlers, just like Grandpa.
Speaker 10: I want to hear that little voice go or I want to take a bleeping. Now there's no sleeping, I know, but I've said I want to take a bleep in that. Yeah, yeah, you wanted to punch so many slot.
Speaker 4: Machines, dude. I look, I'm literally living vicariously through you.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's just the best watching her little face.
Speaker 3: It is, and this trip I know that it will never be like this again, so I will. I'm going to be forty five this year. I'm not young, so I really this time, I think did a really good job about soaking up the moment.
Speaker 1: And it was and it still flies by.
Speaker 3: We flew there two weeks ago today and it seems like a minute ago.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing, you know how I know it was such a great trip, and she was the purfe days for it, because you guys were sad to come home after being here for that, being there for that long. Like anywhere I go, Like when I get to Heaven, it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Like, I've been here two weeks, It's time to go. Where's Papa. Yeah, it'll be like you better stay here. They might. I don't know how you got to hear. They're gonna be like, think there's been a mistake. We agree, you haven't been here too. You're here ONWS exemption to see your name on the list. Let me double check, but you're already here. Yeah, we won't send you there.
Speaker 2: Here's a wristband. Yeah, just tip your bartend. Go find the fairy god mother.
Speaker 4: Would you please leave the Fairy god mothers alone. Actually, please, you gotta do that.
Speaker 3: Go to hell. Yeah, you said this was heaven god mother looked okay, is that right?
Speaker 1: Still got it? Just got it a little bit for sure. She's all woman, very godmother and white hair.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is hot. I'm just going to keep talking until Christmas is done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Done. Wow, that's all. It takes no high for a minute.
Speaker 4: So I was asked this by somebody in my show last night, and I considered the question, and I think I know the answer, but I really want to ask.
Speaker 1: Him since he's sitting right over there.
Speaker 4: You uh zoomed right on past my concert last night, Like literally.
Speaker 1: I would have bet all my money right, and I knew you would, and I don't blame me. I would have done the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: But I was asked kindly by a young lady if I had been sitting on the side of the road with a blown tire, would you also have just driven by at a high rate of speed and waved deck.
Speaker 1: When you say blown tire, you mean a flat tire or or color's choice.
Speaker 2: No, hang on, you have famously said you can't you believe you can change a tire?
Speaker 3: I can?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, so if you're a blown tire, it wouldn't just be like you you're calling triple A or something you claim you can do it.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering, though, would it be something like this where he knows how to change the tire.
Speaker 1: But he's been with our beloved Rubes for two hours, who are outstanding at the Michael Bees.
Speaker 4: Lest he loves so much and he loves spending time with him.
Speaker 2: Last night was an exception. See last night was outstanding, and I.
Speaker 4: Wonder if he would tend into it and see me and then quickly look at his watch and or the billboard the other side of the road as he drove by, and then I would say, what was he doing?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. Yeah, okay, yeah, Oh, I see what's saying. You're off camera?
Speaker 2: I see was No, he's just saying he would never see you on the side of the riving.
Speaker 1: In the back of my car. Kill us both, Ye.
Speaker 2: You're blown tire when he's watching the NCAA tournament the entire drive.
Speaker 1: And he's watching the tire actually be blown.
Speaker 3: If you don't.
Speaker 1: Into both of us, i'd you go quietly, thank you? Okay. I timed it perfectly.
Speaker 3: This is don't contradict what I've been asked a million times by listeners. Will be like, it seems like you guys are all friends off air, I said, we are. I honestly I say that if with our big group texts that no one responds to mine because they're always in appropriate.
Speaker 1: Text I love them.
Speaker 3: But if I were stuck on the road and needed help and texted on that group, somebody from the group would show up to help me. I'm one hundred percent certain of that. And now you guys are contradicting it. No, if I wouldn't help Paul or it wouldn't help you, And this is what you guys are saying, But they'd help me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well I think I saw me and didn't kill us both. I think he would. That's why I helped answer to the lady last times, like he absolutely would.
Speaker 7: So I'm confused because last night on the it was at the group text that you sent a photo of the theater.
Speaker 1: So did you drive by, take a picture of where Chris.
Speaker 3: Was and just leave?
Speaker 2: So I got off on the exit, took a picture of lay Music Room in uh Saint Michael. Yeah, I took a write down by the roundabout, and I was going to go in, but it was so damn crowded there weren't close parking spots. So then I turned, went all the way around on the roundabout and yet back.
Speaker 1: On the highway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that would have been awesome if you walked in there, they would have it would have been.
Speaker 1: Place, would have gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I waved as I drove by lot some hoops. I would one hundred percent pull over and help you if you had to fly any of you if you had a flat tire. No, I'd bitch and moan about it the whole time, but I'd help. I'd point at the things you need to do while I stand there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I just say thanks for pulling.
Speaker 3: Thanks, that got Yeah, why are you here? The last person I wanted to do.
Speaker 7: If there had been thirty dollars American cash at the door, it's for you to park in the back of the parking lot, walk to the front of the parking lot, pick up your thirty bucks, pop your head inside, and wave.
Speaker 1: Would that have been enough?
Speaker 2: Probably because I got forty poles so to almost break even.
Speaker 3: Did you get any playbacks?
Speaker 1: Chris is like, why even play well?
Speaker 2: I was playing with Power Trip Belly and he kept coming up and being like, I need another twenty one million.
Speaker 3: Right here, no playbacks at although we got one he did. Okay, Jesus, Yeah that's done. You said it, man, Yeah, yeah, it was time to quit. You love tabs.
Speaker 1: I love tabs. That's great.
Speaker 3: Chloe loves tabs.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't love tabs like Chloe loves tabs?
Speaker 3: And I'm always like, don't say anything because I don't want the employees to get in trouble if you're and then she'll like roll up. If I'm chatting with the bartender, She'll be like, let's ripe some tabs, like in that little voice.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, yeah, she's going on. When they keep telling us again that what is it under? Is it under eighteen? Or what it's under?
Speaker 2: Something that is not supposed to be pulling the tabs? Obviously they can't buy them. Adults have to buy them, but they're not even supposed to be opening them. I'm like, how are they gonna learn? What are you dumb already lost?
Speaker 1: John? We got to find another one. Childhood is preparing yourself for adulthood. If I don't teach them how to pull tabs. When they're eighteen, they're gonna walk in and they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Like, what do I do with this?
Speaker 1: How do I get this thing open? It says that there's a five dollars thing?
Speaker 3: What do I do with that?
Speaker 2: We can take it back to the poll tab lady, like, they have to learn the process otherwise they're going.
Speaker 3: To be idiots. I don't think I had to show her. I think when I handed the very first time, when she was like maybe two, or it's like.
Speaker 1: A baby draft being able to walk.
Speaker 2: Exact right, it's in there. It's percent man, poll tabs will will.
Speaker 4: The problem with me at poll tabs is it's a little tiny Look at how I feel when I buy a lottery ticket. I can't believe every one of them's not a thousand dollars, and I get so pissed.
Speaker 1: I just spend one hundred dollars? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: I'm not which now?
Speaker 10: And then the best is the pile of losses in front of me. I want to take it over and shove in their face.
Speaker 1: What can you do to me? Correct?
Speaker 3: Then here's a basket like the basket I need ten baskets. Okay, you know what.
Speaker 4: We got to learn to handle disappointment, right, Yeah, that's how I learned to handle disappointment.
Speaker 1: Every single poll dab.
Speaker 3: Yeah they can.
Speaker 7: I ask you a pull tab pros a question like, what's the biggest poll tab prize you.
Speaker 1: Can have legally in Minnesota?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if there is a The most i've seen I think is a grand Yes, that's what.
Speaker 1: I've kind of seen too.
Speaker 7: That was my follow up question is is that to keep it under some kind of a tax threshold so they don't have to make you file.
Speaker 3: I know that the legislature when they messed with the E poll tab rules and everything couple of years ago, they changed the tax structure of poll tabs and E poll tabs, But I don't think the max has changed. There has to be a max, though, because otherwise I'm sure there'd be a ten dollars box with a two thousand dollars. I've seen as one thousand. I just got yeah movement. Yeah it moved.
Speaker 1: I got moist and I shouldn't do that. Yeah, Mini has.
Speaker 3: Moved make life easier by getting hard. Let me tell you the greatest commercial of all time. I laughed at works so hard yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Love those Bluetoo golds. Let me tell you right now. I looked at him, like, is that really mine?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna he.
Speaker 11: Said the other day off the air, I'm shocked. I still don't have a record. I can view my pulse a friend. I'm not gonna tell you who was, but we all know this person Jess Frasper. No, no, it's not just Forrasper who once wanted to make sure they had a great night, so they took six of them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is that even is that safe? That turns into an ied.
Speaker 3: Well, he's still with us lem with usad.
Speaker 1: I would guess. I would guess, yeah, right man, Yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go ai this and ask I asked him if that's a serious Can.
Speaker 4: Somebody tell you that the more you took the better it was. He just wasn't willing to take the chance that it wouldn't go work.
Speaker 3: That makes diamond hard look like spaghetti, I would guess. So don't do that to me, you know how badly I want to just say who it was? Yeah, and everybody listening knows.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows. Everybody knows.
Speaker 7: Uh Yeah, All you have to do is quickly google this and they say, yeah, that is a significant thread because of the risk of serious side effects such as dangerous drop in blood pressure, severe headaches, and a painful laste. Amazing, So obviously it says the extreme low blood pressure is the it's the thread here that's a dangerous dropping blood pressure. Yeah, probably don't do that.
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 1: Just take the recommended amount.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say who this was, No, don't, but I'm just saying their blood pressure is so high, Yeah, did it?
Speaker 1: Probably down the normal persons?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, I'm glad Rosie is okay.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: You can't lose him. You just can't lose him.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Builders and Remodelers brings you the first segment of the show.
Speaker 7: Thanks Builders and Remodelers. Look, Bill Thosen. Remodelers is also the title sponsor of Initials and we have a special one today because not only is one hundred and twelve five hundred dollars up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot, but Adam Feeling will be here right around eight o'clock to play game six twenty one. Haven't seen him in studio in a long time. He had him on the phone a couple of.
Speaker 1: Times last year. It'd be super cool to see Adam.
Speaker 7: He'll be here about eighty Graysil is here, Marni later.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Tim Morning Show on the fan. When someone comes to you and says, hey, why do you sing the national anthem? Anymore?
Speaker 5: Man? Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you not a singer who sings in front of people?
Speaker 4: Why don't you sing the national anthem? I always tell them it's not something you do on a whim. And our good friends at the Dodgers and the Mets proved my point yesterday.
Speaker 1: Who's broad stripes saying? Ride stares through the pager.
Speaker 3: Spine?
Speaker 1: What's so prodly? We wors so gaily street all nightmare?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's just not worth it. Let's wrap it up, worth it, It's not worth it. Play somebody play Whitney. Nobody's ever going to do better.
Speaker 3: You can hear the crowd. They'll be sympathetic because they're like, oh no, instead of being like you idiot, Because that's a tough spot.
Speaker 4: It's it's a very hard song to sing, no matter what. But even worse than that, every person knows the words. Yes, so when you screw up and you hear that guy go, I don't remember what's next, and now you're screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's why.
Speaker 2: Why can't we just change the national anthem to John Soccata's just another day? Everybody knows that song and nobody would forget the lyrics the best idea you've ever had. Thank you appreciate that, see exactly, see you should you should sing the national anthem?
Speaker 3: Yeah, god, that song.
Speaker 4: What if everybody's like, please everyone stand, put your hand on your heart and take your hats off your dude.
Speaker 1: I don't break the scentor that great yeah again.
Speaker 7: Every forty five year old white guy would be screaming it at the top of their lungs.
Speaker 1: How do you not love some line?
Speaker 4: But what if it's a remove your hats you get one shot and every white guys got their hand.
Speaker 1: Up doing this. What if it's the distance rise waiting?
Speaker 7: What if it's the distance by cake? They're all at the starting line anyway, and in one shape or form or another, rights and gentlemen, remove your hats, but.
Speaker 1: All options. Yeah, let's change. I love that changes good.
Speaker 4: I just ain't singing it never again. Doesn't matter Hey, man, our person fell over and break every bone in his body? Can you do it on a whim?
Speaker 1: Hell to the no. It looks like we don't love our country today. When was the last time you did it? We did it at the opening of us Bank Stadium.
Speaker 3: I was there, remember that, And that was the last time I've done that? Was Rocket Club, right all of you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, great way to end it that career. You know, wow, man, do it at that stadium on that night.
Speaker 4: We did it at the snow game where Brett Fahre broke his head wide open a TCA Bank Stadium.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, those were the last two times I ever did it.
Speaker 3: Well, the one at the opener at us Bank Stadium went better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it certainly. Can you believe that stadium?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 3: This will be I think you're eleven. Unbelievable, Yeah, unbelievable. Still looks brand new.
Speaker 2: The singing at TCF when Farvau cracked his head is a knight that you will never forget, and he'll never remember.
Speaker 4: He said, the best part of his night was when we say next. That was the night PA was almost late to the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were gonna we're thinking of Joe Jojo yeah. Yeah. Brett Farv after the game was like, what are you gonna remember about tonight? And I will never forget when Bell BIV devoted the national anthem? Thank oh God, get this dude to a hospital. Help somebody help him. Where is Bell BIV devot? What happened to them? No poisons? A banger, A fantastic song.
Speaker 1: There they are. That's the a cappella.
Speaker 2: Visions, the isolated vocal version.
Speaker 1: There you go, ladies and gentlemen, remove your hats. Here's on national anthem. I'm looking at right now.
Speaker 4: I'm going to throw is Belinda Jensen, viv Is, Mike Bivacake and Devo is obviously, as you guys know, William de Vaux.
Speaker 1: Not Willem William. They all are still alive.
Speaker 3: See that's awesome.
Speaker 7: Ricky Bell is fifty eight, Michael Bivens is fifties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're all in there, like late fifties. Ronnie Davaux, there you go, Bell.
Speaker 2: Bvdavot, they're all fifty seven or fifty eight, still kicking the ass.
Speaker 1: Probably. I wonder if they tour. Uh no, okay, well.
Speaker 7: All right, yeah, dude, I bet I don't know if I was the only one, but I struggled to figure out which one was which. The other day, when you play that, I think I had Provis and Perkins back Absolutely did I head it backwards. And then finally, after like three days, I'm like, wait a minute, I saw somebody redoing a clip on social media.
Speaker 2: They were like making fun of it, and I go, did I have it completely? Their voices in that clip are way too similar.
Speaker 1: So the one who says uh no is Provis. Yeah, I thought it was.
Speaker 7: When you first played it, I completely thought it was the other way around. That's nuts me because in person they don't sound anything alike. No, But in for whatever reason, in that clip, I had it backwards.
Speaker 1: In my head, it sounds like you didn't. I absolutely had it backwards.
Speaker 7: I was ripping Corey for saying, like you ever seeing Buck with his pants out? I thought that was Provis.
Speaker 1: The hell's going on here? Well, I'm losing my mind. He asked you that question about nine times. Great, that's more on brand for him than per Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that yeah, just the best. And it's the classic of like and especially in a baseball game where you have more conversation because it's a very slow moving the fact that it's like, yeah, this sounded a lot different in my head.
Speaker 5: No, no, we were.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even saying like, man, I listen to a long perk pauses there. It's such a funny bit. It's no, here's Budwin his pants down. That would be the highlight of the season.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get into it, I'm sure, but first step towards punish them.
Speaker 7: I want to talk about it when we get back front paid Sports after this on the fan.
Speaker 13: Time now for front Paid Sports presented by Holiday station.
Speaker 7: Stars say station stores, get a bunch of Red Bull wake up this morning at Holiday two for six dollars or three for eight fifty mix and mat toiney flavors of Red Bull you want at Holiday?
Speaker 3: Hell? Yeah, Holiday's the best.
Speaker 1: It is Holiday in the name, like they got cookies and the donuts.
Speaker 3: Hold guy Fiery the Buffalo Chicken. I've seen the ads for trips in the old window. It's fantastic. Is that right?
Speaker 1: That's my go to before I go to golf? That or a tornado.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tell my father in law there's a tornado warning and he said, you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Minnesota Wild with under five seconds to go, got a goal from Duel ericson k and that is the game winner, three to two over the Florida Panthers.
Speaker 1: Who have just fallen off the face of the earth. What happened to Florida?
Speaker 7: Goals by Felino and Hartman as well, but the game winner Erics and Eck pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: That was the five hundredth career game for Quinn Hughes.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: Jared Spurgeon helped off the ice in the third up next at Boston Saturday at four o'clock.
Speaker 1: Here's what's going on though. Check this out, ladies and gents listening.
Speaker 7: Nine games ago in the regular season for the Wild, three at home, six on the road. But Dallas continues to fall. So they lost again too to one to the Islanders. So Dallas only three points ahead of the Minnesota Wild. But Dallas does have a game in hand, but they are absolutely within striking distance. And again it's they're gonna be our opponent in the first round anyway. But if you want four games at home instead of three, you gotta catch him. Yeah, correct, And you never know. I know, home ice in the NHL postseason doesn't necessarily mean everything like it does in some other sports. But still, let's have an extra game at home if needed. Yeah, that's the most important one game seven. Yeah, let's catch it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Let's hope they keep just failing more than anything else.
Speaker 7: Right, even if they still end up getting the top spot and we have to go to Dallas because they are two and more three, how about let's just have them flounder and flop around the lasts two or three weeks of the season and you know, backslide into the postseason and panic.
Speaker 3: I just looked at the schedule the evening of the opening round of the Masters Wild at Stars.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet, that'll be tasty. That's a tasty little ending to a great day of golf.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Here's Hines on Jared's burgin. You mentioned having to be helped off the ice there at the He should be okay.
Speaker 12: He's got a cut on his head, so he's got some stitches there. But as of now, I did going to see him after, so as of now I believe it's just a cut with some stitches on there, so that's positive.
Speaker 1: But it was just, you know, a backchecking play.
Speaker 12: I went in and look, I thought it actually could have been worse.
Speaker 1: If Wally.
Speaker 12: I think he went into Wally a little bit and he kind of held him up. So hopefully what we at, what we know now is what we're going to continue to know that it's a cut on his head and everything should be fine.
Speaker 1: Remember when you had stitches on your head?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I had stas Yeah, because I got a sister moved on the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah you were, You had staples up there?
Speaker 4: I did, yeah, which is incredible because when I heard that, I thought they put an entire department store on set.
Speaker 3: My goodness, the wild huge. It looks like they play only one game in the remaining nine against a team with a losing record, and the Wolves also we've talked about have a meat grinder of a schedule coming up with two against his.
Speaker 7: Career though without k Cunningham, right, Like Detroit still very good, but it's it's not the same without Cunningham. So hopefully that those are two games that are more winnable than they would have been a couple.
Speaker 1: Of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: We don't have Is he getting close to you guys know?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I believe believe he was gonna test some stuff out today. Like as a couple, we're gonna ask Martie when she gets here.
Speaker 2: But a couple days ago they were saying he was ramping up and testing it out, and I think he was.
Speaker 1: I think he's close. Good God, It's gonna be great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Two playoff teams coming up makes the spring a lot more fun.
Speaker 8: Hell yeah, man, ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention.
Speaker 1: I've just been handed an.
Speaker 8: Urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 1: We're back. We're back.
Speaker 3: John's going to Las Vegas soon.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe.
Speaker 7: The World Series of Poker main event is returning to ESPN for the first time in five years.
Speaker 1: Which means the viewership must be going up.
Speaker 7: They signed a deal again. They're back on ESPN. They have not been on since twenty twenty one. But at three night final table August third through the fifth and over one hundred hours of coverage of the main it doesn't change anything for you because we're going to watch it all anyway. But was it Poker Gold before?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: But the difference is you remember you you remember all this stuff back in the day, the November nine, right, you would play down to the final table in the summer and then ESPN would run the episodes throughout the fall, and then you would play the Final nine in November. So they had like four or five months to get a poker coach to practice, to all that kind of stuff. Well, this year, when they released the schedule, they didn't announce when the final table was, and we're like, uh, oh, are we going back to November. It's a three week break, So they are going to have ESPN have a three week opportunity to ramp it up and try to show prime time coverage to make those nine people as quote you know, famous as they possibly can, and then they'll play three weeks later August third through the fifth on ESPN.
Speaker 1: Sweet Live Wow before football season. Yep.
Speaker 7: Last week, Michael the Grinder Museraki won the main the biggest main event ever last year and he won ten million dollars.
Speaker 1: We should have drafted him first, man, I know, I should have. Yeah, you were right, hall of Famer. Yeah yeah, they put him into the Hall of Fame immediately after that just you went a crass track and then yeaheable. That was such a fun final table last year anyway, So yeah, back on ESPN, look at them. Is he the guy that didn't know who Rosie was? No, No, that was Ian Metakus. I'm gonna tell you they don't get Channel four and fair Beau. I have an idea. I have one too. Oh you go first.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't have an idea. Sorry, I just wanted you guys to think I had an idea. I just had to tell you guys something that happened on a different show yesterday.
Speaker 1: That isn't Yeah, that has nothing to do with what Chris was going to say. Hold that thought, though, because I want to hear that. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: I like the idea that somebody's gonna win a bracelet, you know, a funky diamond bracelet and a bunch of money. But I say we do something to the losers and then I'll tune in, like if you if somebody, like if a guy who gets last, somebody goes knuckle deep in him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is just gonna go. Tommy's playing the main event this year. You're not even trying, Tommy. You you donated forfect to punish our loser.
Speaker 2: Andre the Giant. He loved that he's dead. Yeah, no, Tommy would love that.
Speaker 1: No, that was Giant. After looking at that b h oh my, he's literally that's pretty good. Okay, you go ahead. I like your idea.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, Common comment, why are you bringing this up? He's gonna hate you. You're just piling on Rosie. Right, You're gonna pile on Rose.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pile on Rosie. Yeah, then I'll stop.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, now you have to start because the listeners want.
Speaker 1: To know what you brought up. The listeners were not their faulty. You brought it up. We warned you. I don't know why you're so hard on that guy. He used to really like him, and he used to really like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, what happened there? Somebody treated it at us. Hang On, hang on, just for a future reference. Hang on, have your stuff prepared. Hang on.
Speaker 1: While you're doing that, I'll fill in. A couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Common asked Rosie, like, who are the actresses like at the top of their game right now?
Speaker 1: And he said, well, there's there's so many to pick from. Well, then pick one who's at the top of their game?
Speaker 2: He said, Sandra Bullock and Hathaway and Reneeseliger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which story?
Speaker 3: Which is?
Speaker 1: Which is? Which is?
Speaker 7: They're all lovely actresses, and they've all you know, there's all still working.
Speaker 1: But I mean that was twenty years ago when those three were like at the top of the pile, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it would be like asking who the who are the top quarterbacks right now? Dante Colepepper Pira.
Speaker 4: Surprised me because the other day he came cruising into the parking garage. He had his windows down, his hand up like his wrist on the steering wall, and all I could hear was.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, he's stabbed him.
Speaker 7: He gets it, Say Jesse Buckley, who just won Best Actress and everybody said her performing in Hamnet is like transformational and generational and unbelievable, say Margo Robbie. Right, there's so many actresses you could name that in the last three to five years have had you know, peak runs.
Speaker 1: Cory went two thousand and six. Cory, you're letting him poison. You don't become sauce, Sandra Bullock, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Somebody on Twitter pointed this out yesterday and if we could find the audio, that would be great. Common referred to Vikings quarterback as Kyle Murphy, right, and Rosie smugly corrected him. I guess I didn't hear it, but yeah, so he didn't get the bit. No, he said, it's Kyle Murray, Kyle Yes, and then common kept calling him Kyle Murphy, which is also something Rosie said about a weekend, and Rosie.
Speaker 1: Never got the that comment was making fun of her.
Speaker 7: I don't think so, because he had accidentally called him Kyle Murphy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, now I discreted up Kyle Murray.
Speaker 7: He had called him Kyle Murray like six times, and finally Brandon was like, it's Kyler both.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know. But then like a couple of days later, he accidentally called him Kyle Murphy. I want to say this with all the respect the hottest actors on the planet.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say this with all the respect that I mean it. I'm so glad he still comes in here. But I don't know why he does.
Speaker 1: It just takes I wouldn't. Yeah, I know, I mean, it's truly just a beating. It's a beating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every day his corner should throw in the towel. Yeah, they were like they just grease up his eyebrows with masline. They're like, get out there, but he just gets slaughtered.
Speaker 1: It's great radio. Yeah, who was it?
Speaker 2: Was it on the show or on Twitter where I saw somebody say maybe he thinks the r and Kyler is silent.
Speaker 3: That's so good.
Speaker 2: I forget I'm stealing that from somebody. I don't know who said that's either way.
Speaker 1: Kyle Murphy, Kyle Murray, come on, man, Yeah, what a good bit.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's in for the Master's bet. He texted me that the other day. That's what I mean. Why, Yeah, I don't know. Because he's gonna come in the studio, which I'm glad. I can't wait miss him every day, and we're gonna rip him. Yeah, he'll take Rory McIlhaney number one.
Speaker 3: That was his guy.
Speaker 1: That was his guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I honestly, when he decides to retire because he's sick, to get beat on it, we're gonna have no bits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just gonna, I don't know, rehash the same hundred over and over. What's gonna do tell Kyle Murphy stories?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they had the They had the same dilemma that we kind of did the other day as well. Like common emailed or somebody emailed comment and said like, why do you keep saying the quarterback of the Vikings is Kyle Murphy?
Speaker 3: Like how do you not know that?
Speaker 1: And then Common and Brandon had a debate on the air.
Speaker 7: Do we explain the bit or do we just keep going and not care if like emailers go these guys don't know what they're talking about that.
Speaker 1: You can just lean into it and go for it.
Speaker 3: I've said this before when I went to Brown College back in seven, and I think that was the clearest example that I need to not waste the government's money. I need to go to a real college. Chour correct because one of the guys, one of the instructors, God blessed them, but a lot of them were sally angry because they didn't make it in radio. And the guy just went on and was destroying Common without saying his name, and he was like it's a sports talk station. I'm like, okay, now I know who he's talking about. And he doesn't know how to pronoun names and does it and it.
Speaker 2: Was like Kyle Murphy, Yep, yeah, yep, it was yeah, well again we've had we just also in this building say that like Mike, and Mike was going to end us yes, because they don't understand that this is not sports.
Speaker 7: Sports sports. Your whole life is sports. But yeah, whatever, let them think that the good news. That's most of the students. We looked at each other and we're like, it doesn't get the bit. He wasn't from here, he moved here. He's like, I turned it. A sports doc doesn't even know how to pronounce the names in this.
Speaker 3: And we're like, yeah, you're going to be teaching. You're gonna be teaching us about radio.
Speaker 4: And like you said, I don't blame them for not getting the bit. It takes a minute. Yeah, it takes a minute. It does, but most people are capable of figuring it out, and you.
Speaker 1: Would think a radio teacher would.
Speaker 3: And if you listen, you don't have to listen for weeks or it's it becomes pretty clear. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. It's worked out for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: The Wolves host Detroit Saturday at four point thirty. They're coming off the biggest overtime comeback in NBA history against the Houston Rockets. No wrong bit so Detroit talked to Marnie about.
Speaker 3: That in like an hour.
Speaker 1: Was it Kurt Bills, no Cade.
Speaker 3: Cunning man, John, do you know who Kurk Bills is? I served with him in the legislature.
Speaker 4: Wondering about that, because that's about the right timing, right, we have to look it up and find out who.
Speaker 1: He ran for US senate stood no chance.
Speaker 3: That was about the time that I was flowing to DC to meet with a bunch of people because they wanted me to run for senate. That's when I think I told you guys. When Lindsey Graham was like, uh so, tell me, son, why do you want to run for US Senate? I said, I don't. I love it.
Speaker 1: Let's go with that.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh god, I don't say my politics. Yeah, do you ever regret that? No, My life's turned out pretty awesome.
Speaker 7: Did that feel, though, like a football recruit visiting a college, like just getting wind and dying and back slapped and everybody's telling you that you're the greatest and that you should do this and this is gonna work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that must have been kind of cool though it. Dorm Coleman brought me around. I met with the head of the r n C. I met with Lindsey Graham.
Speaker 1: Uh uh.
Speaker 3: A bunch of people that are still very involved in politics and there and their Kyle Murphy and they're telling me you need to be the guy. And the thing was, John's not going to run unless you clear the slate and he doesn't have to fight a bunch of other Republicans to go in, just like it needs to be the But no regrets. I'm glad to be out of politics and be a regular guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did your time.
Speaker 3: I did it was fun, I learned a lot. I'm glad I did it. But I'm glad I also didn't run for the higher office.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same, Then you wouldn't be here.
Speaker 3: I could be sitting in the gazebo looking at that small ass TV well Son.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: Thanks Tom, Shit.
Speaker 1: Time microscope to see that what really matters is after this power trip won't show on the fan.
Speaker 13: Join the Muss and Miller Light at Jimmy's and Vanda Sights next Thursday from five to seven. Stop by for drink specials, games and a register for your chance when he spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament. All the details now at Cafe dot comic the keyword golf.
Speaker 3: Thanks Zach.
Speaker 1: Are you going to Vegas this weekend? Next weekend? Next weekend.
Speaker 3: Awesome, good for you.
Speaker 7: So next weekend that Tommy will be where Zach will be there and depending on when Zach leafs, he's going to just miss John Bonus, right because Bonus is going to be there, what Tuesday through Thursday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has to be back back for the home opener.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we almost are going to have three power trips in Vegas on a non power trip Vegas?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 2: What is our problem? I know, why are we not there? Tommy's going for Easter? He said, what a family?
Speaker 5: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I love him man, that guy. Man, I love him. I love him. I have so much fun.
Speaker 3: But he's here. Yeah, he's the best.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do what really matters.
Speaker 2: Scores and stats around the world of sports and in between, cryst will change your life with something else.
Speaker 1: And it's brought to you by my friends at Ovo Lasick.
Speaker 7: And Lens, the Legends of Lasik, doctor Mark Lobanoff and doctor David Whiting. They're the best. Speaking of the best, they are the best. These guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: Ain't no way around it. Ovo II dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right, Sweet sixteen the corpuses four vet Bett is looking dicey for me because even though there's a handful, I'm only sweating three teams.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: I'm from the time that you guys made the predictions, eight of you, there were only three teams that were gonna cost me money, Arizona, Duke, and Michigan. There was only one team that all eight of you picked, and that's Arizona. And I don't know if you guys watched any of that game last night, but they look like an absolute unstoppable for hero Wagon. It looks like I have to cheer for Duke or Michigan just to lose less money, you know what I'm saying, Because they are a Wagon. I think they are right now head and shoulders the best team left.
Speaker 1: No, it's the tournament. Weird things can happen.
Speaker 7: An injury could happen, one strange bounce, one strange call. Who knows, but Arkansas's crazy athletic. They have a top five to ten pick in a cuff who went off and scored almost thirty again too eighty and they had no chance and Arkansas's legit and they got blown out. That was Kalipari's worst loss in his tournament career in eighty five games in the NCAA tournament had never been blown out by that much, by twenty one points, one oh nine to eighty eight. So Arizona is moving on there into the Elite eight. They look like they're going to be very, very tough to stop.
Speaker 2: Scoring one hundred and nine points in forty minutes of basketball is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. How many of us have all four teams remaining?
Speaker 7: I haven't even looked, to be honest, not sure look so yeah, I get smoked by all eight of you of Arizona wins six out of the six out of the eight have duke, and I believe what.
Speaker 1: Hawk can I have?
Speaker 2: How many people at miske, Arizona and Michigan. Zach has all four left with Iowa State Duke, Arizona and Michigan. Marnie has Iowa State Duke and Arizona. Liber only has two left with Yukon and Arizona Arizona. Tommy has Iowa State Duke and Arizona. Creasl you of Iowa State Perdue, Arizona in Michigan, and Canzimius has duke Arizona in Michigan.
Speaker 3: So three of us with all four?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I lose eight hundredth Arizona wins, four hundred if Duke wins, and I think two hundred ifth Michigan wins. So again, at this point, I'll take a Duke or Michigan win. Just got to sweat the team that looks like they're gonna they're gonna get it done.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 3: That's one of the fun but weird parts of gambling is cheering for a minimum loss.
Speaker 7: Yes, but as you know, because you you've played poker, sometimes winning is just losing the least amount, right. Folding is sometimes the optimal play and just not maximizing your loss. And I feel like after what I I saw last night, and I'm like, this team looks like they have everything. So I just need just to hope somebody, even like Duker Michigan, finds a way to win.
Speaker 1: Get him out of get him out of bad night, get.
Speaker 2: Him out of bad night, which I don't know if they were capable of having a bad night.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 1: What really matters though, is this You get that right? Buddy boy?
Speaker 3: You saw all of it last night, right, you know I have it on tape.
Speaker 4: That's why I wasn't listening when you guys are talking right now because I am so worried that you're going to ruin the ending for I.
Speaker 2: Remember he was at a music room and you were watching the NCAA tournament as you were driving box.
Speaker 1: On your phone. Oh okay, you wanted updates. Yeah, you were asking me to see my hoots. Yeah, well you ever do anymore?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's me on this state.
Speaker 4: In What year do you guys believe the delicious treat hot pockets were trademarked hot Pockets?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question. I never thought about this before.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go like fifties because that would have had to have been oven obviously, no microwave yet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, oh, good point. Maybe early sixties. Maybe let's go like sixty two, seventy one.
Speaker 3: I'd say sixty nine. Why not?
Speaker 1: John took my guess.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Zach, I'll go sixty Savad, you can have sixty nine, thank you.
Speaker 4: On March twenty seventh, after a year of blazing hot sales, the company that invented hot pockets received a registered trademarks with Trademarkers should say for the Gooey Stuff sandwich. That date was March twenty seventh of nineteen eighty four, just four microwaves there with flavors like ham and cheese and pepperoni pizza, which pepper and pizza to me, was the only flavor that was edible.
Speaker 1: No ham and cheese, No man. Oh maybe I got a bad one hundred of them, but you tried a hundred till you were like, I.
Speaker 3: Can't do this easily. One of the most dangerous foods all time. Just burn you on the INDs Tyler away to you can wait five minutes. You have to bite off a corner or create some choice, that's the smart Then it just all comes running out.
Speaker 4: Though you have a choice, burn your esophagus or try to eat through brick to get to the delicious because it's going to get too hard on the outside too quick.
Speaker 3: Six choose too hard. That's exactly right.
Speaker 7: What year do you believe the countertop microwave was introduced, because obviously before that there was like giant versions, right, so they had it before this, But the countertop microwave was introduced by a mana in what year?
Speaker 3: Seventy one?
Speaker 1: That's not a bad guess, seventy two.
Speaker 4: See I remember, because well the countertop is the key. Yeah, you're right, that's the key seventy nine, then nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 7: Oh cost That's exactly what the rest of the Wikipedia entry says is basically, then they kind of went widespread in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Prices fell rapidly during.
Speaker 7: The eighties, and that's when everybody but he started to have you like, it was super weird to not have a microwave. Late eighties, early nineties everybody. And now they're they're pretty affordable now you.
Speaker 1: Can almost make it. Yeah, three D print one. Yeah, good ones are one hundred and some bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Twins lost.
Speaker 2: Their season opener two to one of the Orioles laps on the sauce and crea even those sauce is wearing a Twins hats. Well, it's Dark Stars. It's still the Twins hat. It's dark Star's hat. We love Twins hat, it's Dark Stars. We love Shelty, we love Mitch, we love Yes, I love Dusty Lopez, Ryan Jeffers, we love a lot of guys.
Speaker 3: I love like I said, but I was saying Mitch. It's one of my favorite Mitch whales. So it's the weird spot because I want Mitch to be happy. But want the Twins to lose, so it's.
Speaker 7: Joe Ryan was spectacular, but it didn't matter because the bullpen gave up the two runs. But Joe Ryan five and a third, just one hit and seven strikeouts. A lone Minnesota run depending on who you ask, was a sackfly by lou Keekel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can say it like that, not lose. I mean it's wrong. Yeah, is that but you can say it like that. No, I'm just assuming that that's probably something that's possible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Okay, Buckston scored on that one, but that was it. New Twin Josh Bell oh for three with three strikeouts. So the Twins have today off. Game two at Baltimore is tomorrow at three zero five TOAJ Bradley from Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Then Bailey over pitches Game three on Sunday. Yeah, I mean our guy was our guy. Though Joe Ryan outstanding. He was good.
Speaker 2: The issue that they're going to have going forward is the bullpen is awful and the bullpen isn't going to hold any runs. That's one of the many and was the bit last night. I don't I saw something on social media, not that any of you will know, but I think they pulled Royce Lewis and like the eighth or ninth inning, and so his stars faded. You have brooks Lee, who they thought was a star batty ninth, Austin Martin, who probably wouldn't be on any other team as your leadoff guy.
Speaker 1: It's just a bad baseball team.
Speaker 3: And most importantly, not worth spending a penny of your hard eared money on.
Speaker 1: Correct you guys? Ever seen Buck with his pants down?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What really matters though?
Speaker 5: Is this? No? No?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: The Oscars are leaving Hollywood, and the Academy Awards will soon have a new home, one that doesn't include an attached shopping center. In twenty twenty nine, so you know, a few years away, the Oscars are going to move from the Dolby Theater and the herd of Hollywood to the Peacock the Theater at LA Live, which is out where the Lakers play.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 7: And isn't that when it starts going to YouTube as well? I think twenty twenty nine is when it switches to YouTube.
Speaker 1: I think you're correct, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Also in twenty two nine, you now that I did not know that thirty four hundred Seed Theater was built specifically to hold the Academy Awards telecast with design touches that evoke the Golden Age Hollywood, columns that display the names of past the Best Picture winners line the famed steps to the theater.
Speaker 1: So I don't know it's gonna be It's gonna be cool.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a really neat area, man, And it's just surrounded by five layers of hell.
Speaker 3: But it's really good, Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's worth right where the Lakers play, man, And I swear to you across from La Live, across from La Live. When we stayed there this the last time we went out to play for the Viking. Viking team, there was a what what used to be like an apartment tenement slum place and they're in the act of tearing it down now, but you can tell some real bad stuff went on. And it's right across the street from where the Lakers play. But where the Lakers play, and that surrounding area is like is like Vegas without slot machines, really cool?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, swere is that that whole area is on the up now though right there? Yeah, they're really trying.
Speaker 3: Is it because of so Fi? How far is so far from Staples Center or whatever it's called now.
Speaker 4: Uh walking distance probably in fact, it would probably take you less time to walk there and drive.
Speaker 3: There, but difficult like dangerous walk or not really anymore. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you it doesn't. I won't do it.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you the area around and you know what I may be exaggerating, might not be walking distance, but you'll get my point. I mean, the traffic is very terrible everywhere out there, okay, but surrounding so Fi. I can't when when they had the Super Bowl out there. I remember telling you guys, I can't imagine where people had to park to get to the super Bowl that they weren't having issues. It's really something. But it's not just by the way.
Speaker 1: It's not just so Fi.
Speaker 4: Across the street from so Far's the NFL network where their offices are.
Speaker 3: Oh really, I knew they were in LA, but I wouldn't have guessed.
Speaker 4: Like literally across across the street is right there. Yeah, but there's.
Speaker 3: Probably has some good stories. Oh like yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: But they're doing everything that I'm sure you know they they will fix it up and it'll be it'll be great.
Speaker 1: Skid Row is huge, not anymore. They were big in the eighties. Speaking of Los Angeles, I want to.
Speaker 3: Be the man.
Speaker 7: Number one UCLA six point thirty tonight host number four, not host, but it is in California. I think it's in Sacramento, right, Number four Golden Gopher women in the Sweet sixteen. UCLA is around an eighteen and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: But again, miracles can happen. Yeah, yeah, best of luck to the Justin Garden the Gopher ladies. Yeah, he's not on the team. He just does the play by play and he's good at it. I wonder if you can still shoot. He was a good basketball player.
Speaker 2: But if you can still shoot it, yeah, free Dina, he's very good.
Speaker 1: Does justin like cake? Who doesn't? Well, I'm just saying, I'm just curious if he's on brand, Like it's the best game of cake ice cream cake? Not even close.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, No, it's birthday, Come on, man.
Speaker 1: It's birthday cake. But ice cream cakes quite Yeah, it's like it's right there.
Speaker 2: But I think, didn't somebody tell us that the stuff that is in the middle of a dairy queen ice cream cake is like purchasable on its own somewhere.
Speaker 1: I mean, they obviously injected into my veins the.
Speaker 7: Stuff that's in the middle of a Dairy Queen ice cream cake, that like the all the all the brown stuff, the fudge, the chocolate ice cream, that little crumble stuff.
Speaker 1: Just I just want that. How have they not made a blizzard?
Speaker 3: That is that?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: That is honestly your best idea in your entire day. It's the best idea you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven day of March and you finally got your good idea.
Speaker 2: Well, hang on, he needs a good idea for the show. That's a That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: For Dairy Queen.
Speaker 2: If anybody from Dairy Queens listening, why have you not thought of that? No, hang on, you used to work for Dairy Queen, so see you are helping the company, just not this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a blizzard cake blizzard? Oh my god, that's I don't know, the best idea. But you are the rain man of the blizzard industry. You're the calories dude.
Speaker 2: If they rolled that out today and I offered monthly subscriptions, I'm signing up right. They're like, just give us fifty dollars a month and you can have as music. Where do I say, give me here's my credit card number?
Speaker 1: God, that would be good.
Speaker 4: We'd be like, I guess we're gonna have to use Streamyard for Corey because Gilbert graves mom cake out of the trailer.
Speaker 1: Who cares? It would have to be though, like.
Speaker 7: It would have to be seventy five to eighty percent VAT and then twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it's not.
Speaker 7: I'm knowing because like when it comes to the actual ice cream cake. I I like the other part of the cake and the frosting, but that center part is everything.
Speaker 3: There's like little chocolate chips in there or something kind of crunchy, crumble, kind of crumble. It's just.
Speaker 1: Feeling God, damn it, I'm feeling sky high.
Speaker 3: I feel like I ate six of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna take that idea and make should good location. Should my sales department here?
Speaker 2: And again my guy in the poker community, d Q Dan, he owns Dairy Queens.
Speaker 7: He knows d Q reach out to uh Warren Buffett, DK Dan, where have you been on my life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You need to meet d Q dan.
Speaker 3: He's the man.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure he's got a bat phone to Warren Buffett. Have Warren Buffett make this happen.
Speaker 3: He can do it, he.
Speaker 1: Would he for his sake.
Speaker 4: I hope he never makes me because he's gonna be like like, hey, baby Hockey won't stop texting.
Speaker 1: Wait, Warren Buffet or d Q dan taking your sect?
Speaker 3: Are you up?
Speaker 4: Can you open your Say Louis Park store for me? I'm on my way into work and I can't take another moment.
Speaker 1: And I need this bleazard right now. For years, I still want in the open. Dude, is it rock bottom?
Speaker 2: If we just do this ourselves, If if we just buy a Dairy Queen cake, just carve out the middle and throw it into like a blender, and just right now Dairy Queen ice cream in it, and just make it ourselves, we should, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, We get back to doing what made us great. We'll do this viral.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds freaking amazing, better than a ladle of mayo. Oh man, that sounds good.
Speaker 2: All right, more of what really matters, although nothing's going to matter more than that idea out of sauce.
Speaker 1: I hope Dairy Queen is listening. Listen the power trip want to show on the fan.
Speaker 13: Every game, every moment, ninety six point seven Kfan plus brings you the men's college basketball tournament, driven by Dave Smith Monors. Tune in on the free iHeartRadio app to catch the insanity.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean the Malti milk. Those are good.
Speaker 3: You had to have something after that last second.
Speaker 1: I really whoppers are underrated. Yeah, don't mean I mean whoppers, the Giant whoppers too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those things just look fantastic.
Speaker 1: They're so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The wife and I were talking yesterday that Easter candy, and obviously we're an Easter candy season is the best Halloween candies. Fine, Christmas should have candies when the Lord was born, but because he has risen, we get all these amazing treats. I had a note on my my sink yesterday, a Reese's egg with a note that says I love you from my wife, And I'm like, I wish Easter was year round. Man, this is great because you can't beat an Easters.
Speaker 7: You can easily how sauceage blizzard, I'd be. It's not a thing yet, though it's it's enough of a thing in my mind that it's virtually real. I feel like I can taste it. See the issue is this best idea ever? We talked about the blender situation. That's going to compromise the crunch. It's got to be a super short mix, no doubt. You know you're not purin it right. It's got to be quick. Pull your hands up.
Speaker 2: Or idea you put the blizzard crunch on top and then you can mix it in on your own.
Speaker 1: Now it's fading.
Speaker 2: I like you, Well, then it doesn't get all busted up, and.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to bust it up the way said. Well, now I'm thinking maybe it's not a blizzard at all.
Speaker 7: Maybe just fill the entire cup with the stuff in the center and there's no mixing of any kind.
Speaker 1: Just slap it in there. Let's not get my son, thank you.
Speaker 3: So you could blend, put in the crunchy part and then put the other blended part in.
Speaker 1: Give it a quick frap.
Speaker 4: Pay guys, listen the genius to s u Heffner did make the best T word magazine.
Speaker 1: Right away, try these things. He had to try thing. Focus on the damn story. That's what I'm saying. Yeah, right about astronomy.
Speaker 4: We got to experiment, all right, Try the damn Blizzard. Try a little less crunchy birth Blizzard.
Speaker 1: Keep eating tea? You get it right? Hey, isn't the group that tests it is the Taco John's that has the test right here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where is there a dairy queen test kitchen in the Twin Cities? Or do we have to go to Omaha? Like? Is is I know you're calling a place Berkshire Hathaway owns it?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is it headquartered in Oma or is it just like Birkser hats Away headquartered here? I think it's headquartered here Minnesota. Okay, so then there we go. Then there has to be some kind of a test kitchen here in Minneapolis, the Taco.
Speaker 3: John's test kitchen. I forgot that. You guys said, have you got to tour it?
Speaker 1: I have, Oh my god, the greatest thing. You can't imagine. It's everything you hope it would be. They have a little restaurant factory.
Speaker 3: I need to go.
Speaker 1: They have real chefs. You're out there listen. I know you're listening.
Speaker 4: Please invite us to come over again because they'll make you whatever you want, as much of it as you And that's They have a little kitchen right there with the pop.
Speaker 1: Machine and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then they have chefs and their job is to go in there every day and just think up things. What are we gonna do with these taco lays?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in the wrong line of work telling you, all right, let's do more of around the world of sports.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry. One more thing before forget, he just said, thinking about the Easter candy. You know how they have the chocolate marshmallow bunnies and the chocolate marshmallow eggs, right, and the Cadberry makes them, and this is marshmallow and they're covered in chocolate.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest hack of all time.
Speaker 4: Put those sons of bitches in the freezer because they don't freeze solid. The chocolate does, but the marshmallow doesn't. It is a treat of epic proportions. I bought two dozen of those sons of bitches. I did because I did it one time and it was so delicious. I said to myself, I could just eat these. For Jesus, I gotta eat them all the time.
Speaker 3: That's it, He's well said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it made me be happy, and I'm happy when I'm consuming frozen marshmallows.
Speaker 3: That a one seed though.
Speaker 1: I'm lower in my one seed.
Speaker 2: It's a it's such a bad let's go through the Sweet sixteen scores.
Speaker 7: We mentioned it earlier that Arizona absolutely obliterated Arkansas.
Speaker 1: The Wildcats onto the Elite eight. Same thing for Perdue.
Speaker 7: They get a tip in essentially at the buzzer, seventy nine seventy seven over number eleven Texas.
Speaker 1: So the two seed Perdue onto the Elite eight boiler up.
Speaker 7: Number three Illinois up ends number two Houston by ten sixty five to fifty five.
Speaker 1: So the alne I into the Elite eight.
Speaker 7: A couple of Big ten teams moving on last night, in fact, three of them because Iowa number nine takes out what Florida and now they take out number one or sorry, number four Nebraska seventy seven seventy one. Our guy, Fred Hoiberg goes down in the Sweet sixteen, and controversially too because there was a key play late in that game where Nebraska only had four guys on the court and got smoked.
Speaker 3: How does that happen?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 7: Yep, So Fred said it was a miscommunication. He's a classy dude. He definitely says that's it falls on me. I'm the head coach.
Speaker 2: He didn't explain what the miscommunication was because I don't think he wants to throw one of his players under the bus, because look, when you have five people that during a time out and only four of them go back onto the court, somebody screwed up, right. Some player forgot that he was in or thought there was a sub and when that was to have said your out, so and so is in and didn't tell so and so on exactly.
Speaker 7: So my guess is there was a miscommunication about whether or not there was a sub. But that also means somebody that was on the court before the timeout was not on the court afterwards and was confused on where he was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: You don't want to lose anyway, but especially that way.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: So he took the fall for it. But Iowa into the Elite eight for the first time since what do you think Iowa basketball into the Elite eight for the first time since one ever? Two, two, eighty seven? What first time since eighty seven? They're nuts, That is nuts a long run, but they're back playing well too.
Speaker 1: What really matters though, is this, Well, my.
Speaker 4: What really matters surrenders centers, I should say around the attorney. The University of Oregon defeated the Ohio State University forty six thirty three to win the first ever NCAA men's basketball tournament in what year?
Speaker 1: Oh Man, first ever men's basketball tournament? NCAA tournament. Let's go who I'm kind of figure out the timeline here. When did we celebrate the NBA seventy fifth? Sixty five?
Speaker 3: No, because didn't UCLA ran off a bunch of them.
Speaker 1: I'll say fifty five. I think it's even slightly earlier than that. I'll say, ooh Man, forties. I'm gonna go this post World War Two. Let's go forty nine, the state of nineteen thirty nine? Okay, so is thirty nine just this current setup.
Speaker 3: For March Madness must have been let's see, mostly during March nineteen thirty nine to sixty eight teams, So it wasn't always this many teams back then.
Speaker 1: For the first twelve years the tournament had eight teams. Yeah, he got it, Okay.
Speaker 7: I don't think it expanded to sixty four until like the eighties, okay or something like that.
Speaker 1: In sixty eight obviously not grew steadily.
Speaker 4: Until a team is a sixty five team tournament for me was unveiled in two thousand and one. Twenty eleven, the field expanded even further to sixty eight teams.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean it's I hope they don't mess with it. It is pretty much perfect. Now, sixty four was perfect, but this is fine. Yeah, the playing stuff all good. You get a couple edge teams, that's fine, but don't mess with it anymore.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, leave it alone, perfect, Leave Johnny alone, Leave them alone, Johnny Brittany.
Speaker 3: That's fine. No, leave Johnny alone too. He's tired.
Speaker 7: Right, So you guys, did you guys see the the Iceman story with George Gervin and Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: I'm a cave man.
Speaker 7: No, that's that's uh Phil Hartman, that's Phil. That's unfrozen caveman lawyer. NBA legend. George Gervin is trying to stop Bears quarterback Caleb Williams from trademarking Iceman. Obviously, George the Iceman Gervn back in the day that was a thing. However, that doesn't mean he trademarked it. In fact, the president of Global Management told, I mean, come on the Chicago Sun Times that he wrongly thought it was already trademarked, and he blamed the confusion on a death of a business associate.
Speaker 1: So here's the catch. And I don't know if you guys have ever dealt with this. I've dealt with this in the last ten years.
Speaker 7: That the trademark law and trademarks and copyrights and all that kind of stuff, it is so much about who files first, and whoever files first and gets it.
Speaker 1: Gets it first, has all the protection.
Speaker 7: So George Gerfin filed for the trademark Iceman four days after Caleb Williams, Oh, so he can go like, well, I'm the Iceman. It's like, well, dude, you've had that nickname for fifty years and you never did anything with it.
Speaker 1: Yep, so sat on the toilet without pooping man.
Speaker 7: So it's gonna be interesting because Caleb filed for four different trademarks related to the Iceman nickname, and George Gervin's now filed four days later and doing everything you can to stop him from doing it, and he's basically saying, look, you can be Iceman. I can't stop you from being Iceman, but I want the trademarks. I'm the Iceman should have filed for it back in the day.
Speaker 1: You don't the dude.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine if you are somebody who works for Girvin Global Management, if your job is to promote Georgie.
Speaker 1: Gurfin in anything. I don't know what else they do.
Speaker 5: But if they just.
Speaker 2: Manage George Gervin, then I would argue you had one job marking Iceman decades ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had one job.
Speaker 2: You can't even manage your own guy, Yeah, let alone the rest of the Girvin empire.
Speaker 3: What are you doing? It's a management realty company. Yeah, I'm sure it is. You had you want job that we already had that trade. And again, I can't tell you this enough. Trademark law is very frustrating.
Speaker 7: It is very obvious when you get a trademark, you get a lot of notifications, you get, you get a certificate, Like it's not like I thought we had that trademarked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't just think it. You either do or you do not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not assuming. No, And I was looking at this Girvin Management, but Gervin Global Management is an international celebrity, sports and entertainment management company.
Speaker 1: Who manages just George Gervin.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: Do you mean the guy formerly known as Iceman, because Caleb Williams is now Iceman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't. It doesn't look like anyone else.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if somebody tries to file a trademark claiming their meat sauce and you go, wait a minute, I'm meat sauce.
Speaker 1: Meat sauce. Global Management said that I had that trademarked. Normally it will say portfolio. Nope, there's nobody.
Speaker 7: They just managed the Iceman in his house, not real estate in general, just his actual home. They maybe clean his backyard or something. He's just landscaping.
Speaker 2: Do you think the Iceman made some cat Now which one are you talking about? George Gervin, that's not the ice Man. Do you think the one who has a bad management company made.
Speaker 1: Cash on frozen cave man?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know what sucks is for him too is and I can't believe they let so much slide. Do you know what the Iceman's catchphrase was, No, let's get ready to get cold?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And now what's his name? Michael Buffer? Has that one lockhown suit exactly? You can't even say it now? Yeah, Ryan, remember when Donaldson put it in like an initials opening. Yep, they got the company some money. Yeah, yep, you just sue away, because again, once you have it, you have.
Speaker 1: Protection, got it?
Speaker 7: So best of luck to uh George versus Caleb for the fight over the Iceman four days.
Speaker 1: I would argue the real Iceman is the Marvel character Val Kilmer. Oh yeah, Val Kilmer's Iceman Rippeta to the Ice Man.
Speaker 3: Such a good movie.
Speaker 1: It didn't, isn't. He definitely does with the Lord. Yeah, definitely definitely does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he died almost a year ago, was it really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: April first, twenty twenty. Man Heat is a fantastic movie. Willow is awesome.
Speaker 1: You know what I saw yesterday? I'm almost peasant right about this. I think I'm right.
Speaker 4: It was two years ago yesterday the dead ship hit that bridge in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two years ago, and it seems like yesterday. And then because I saw them.
Speaker 3: Were you watching the news story about the delays and the construction and everything.
Speaker 1: Crazy, it's never getting built. Unbelievable. I wouldn't. I don't know how it could take. I mean, red tape, Man, red tape, red tape. Did you like it years ago? Though? Did you like Val Kilmer and Batman Forever. I liked it a lot. Yeah, I mean, he wasn't the worst Batman of all time? No, who is?
Speaker 7: I mean Ben Affleck's really bad. George Clooney wasn't good. I mean Kilmer was just average, but he wasn't. He wasn't terrible. You know that movie was terrible, but he wasn't.
Speaker 4: I think the worst casting if I'm being honest to and you know, I'm a big fan of this guy. But Paul Rubins, he's the worst Batman.
Speaker 1: He was Batman was Yeah. What was the Batman movie called Let's Go to the Host Show?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Was parachuting out of a building? Sackard show? It was Gardening trying to be poison ide. It was the villain in that one.
Speaker 1: I thought Paul Giamanni did a good job as Joker though.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 7: Then maybe worst Batman of all time was Kyle Murphy. Yeah, yeah, he was bad.
Speaker 1: The news is next.
Speaker 7: This is the Power Trib Morning Show again. Don't forget Chris will here for one more segment. Martni will be here in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Adam Feelin, I keep wanting to say Vikings wide receiver Adam Feelin but now, hey man, it's former Vikings wide receiver Adam Feelin.
Speaker 7: We'll talk about his retirement with him and play editionals with a n At eight fifteen is the Powers of Morning Show on