Speaker 1: Money, money, money, Better get ready, It's time for a big old want of business news. This is the Bloomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, we say good morning to Denise Pelagreney from the Bloomberg newsroom in New York City. This is a disturbing story. Social media platform X appears to be a top site, Denise, for creating images of people non consensually undressed by AI.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I mean usually when I see this kind of story, I just report of yep, right, But this time I read this story. I read it like three or four times just to make sure I was reading it correctly and I wasn't missing something. Here's the story. Elon Musk's X has apparently become a top site for images of people that have been non consensually undressed by AI, as you mentioned, with thousands of instances each hour. This is according to Genevieve Oh It's a social media and deep fake researcher. And this this report indicates Grock generated about six thousand, seven hundred images every hour that were identified as sexually suggestive or neudifying. Compares to only and I say only that this is still a lot seventy nine new AI undressing images per hour on either other top websites, which still even at a low seventy nine is obviously still too much. But compared to six thousand, seven hundred images every hour, if that report is correct, that's just.
Speaker 3: Shocking. Yeah, totally, it is totally.
Speaker 2: It'll be if Elon Musk gets directly involved in this, I would imagine that he will.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, in the past he said he'd like to punish the people who try to do things like that. But this report that we have out this morning also says that people have objected to X, and some say X hasn't done anything to take them down. Now, these are individual claims that those individual claims not investigated by Bloomberg still looking into everything, but just a jaw dropper.
Speaker 2: Is Meanwhile, if you're looking for a job, it could be worth your while to become an auto dealer mechanic.
Speaker 3: They are in need.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is crazy. Ford says it's struggling to fill what it calls six figure mechanic jobs. These jobs for senior mechanics they pay something like one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a year, and Ford says it has five thousand mechanic openings at its dealerships amid a labor shortage. You know, you do have to pay some money for training to get into one of these jobs. When you start, you might only get paid fifty eight thousand dollars a year. But after two or three years, if you don't turn your nose up at you know, jobs like taking out the transmission or the engine, sure, fix the oil leak, redo whatever, those are six thousand dollars jobs.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: It's the dealership is making money on these. If you don't mind that kind of labor, you can make a ton of money out un trade schools.
Speaker 2: They're going through the roof for reasons, just like this that did. I had a friend of my son's in heigh school. He just wasn't cut out for college, if you will, went to a trade school. And I mean this guy now is working for a building contractor. He's making one hundred and something thousand dollars years twenty one years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those are the other one framers, bricklayers and those people. I mean they work their butts.
Speaker 3: Ze, yes they do. Uh, okay. The stock futures today, Denise.
Speaker 4: All right, how futures are up twenty seven, SMP futures down six, Nasdaq futures down fifty nine, Crude oil futures slightly lower. And that's amid the events unfolding in Venezuela with the Trump administration looking for a lot of Venezuelan and oil to come to the US. Still some tension over exactly how it's going to get their Chevron is involved in. Those events are still unfolding from Bloomberg. I'm Denise Pelgrinean News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Man, how about that one hundred and twenty something thousand dollars of the year and they're looking for five thousand people to fill those jobs. Steve Balco, you got to get some veterans in there to start doing that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, because it's an unknown, it really is, right, And I don't where do you see the advertisements? Are they?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we all of a sudden have a group and I'm drawing a blank, and I feel terrible that I'm drawing a blank right now. But I read a story the other day of this huge school, for lack of a better term, right up in Lebanon, the Lebanon Monroe area up there, tens and tens of thousands of square feet where they're teaching guys to do everything. They had a big story about it the other day, and of course we all know about, you know, some of the tech schools here in town. And that's where the friend of my sons went because he just he knew he didn't he didn't want to go to college, he didn't want to be opening books and you know this kind of thing. So he went there got his training while he was in high school, and he's been working for a home builder and knocking it out of the park. But that's why, that's not why you're here. Always nice to have Steve Balco here. I tell you of all the times we've gotten together from the Claremont County Veterans Association, we all the times we've been here. But looking over some of the notes that you and Kenny Williamson put together to talk about today, I think today might be one of the more interesting conversations we're going to have because this deals directly with getting VA healthcare benefits right and some of the misconceptions out there, okay.
Speaker 6: And the misconception is either by the VA, the public or the veteran themselves, all subjective to the party.
Speaker 2: All right, let's start with here's one of them. Okay, that you've heard before. You don't want to take medical care away from other veterans.
Speaker 6: False, right, it is as absolutely false, but it's rooted somewhat in history. If we went back to your grandparents, I think we're about the same age, Tom, They probably as children or teens twenties, came through the depression, that's right, and they were taught pick that nail up, straight in it, throw on the bucket, grab that penny goes in your pocket. Right, there is nothing wasted, everything is reusable, yep.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Then they became such a self reliant part of community. We went through World War Two, we had victory gardens. It's do what you can sacrifice. Do without straighten that out, reuse that that. When it gets to the point where they need hearing aids. Now, at this age with their self self reliance, just turn up the volume on a TV. Well, three apartments down are listening to your TV coming to the walls. But yet I can still hear it because I'm afraid if I take that pair of hearing aids for the VA, someone else is not going to get their hearing aids, and they may need them more than I do. But the fact is the VA, this is the federal government. We need to think about it that way. To develop budget, you need to have expense and if people are not taking their hearing aids and or signing up for healthcare with the VA, their budget is then reduced. Try the VA location. So sign up for the healthcare, Go get your services, Go get your hearing aids. Okay, hand in hand with that.
Speaker 2: Really, veterans, there are many out there who believe that you had to be injured in service or have service connected disabilities to be eligible for VA healthcare.
Speaker 3: Not true, No, no, not at all.
Speaker 6: And it is a misnomer that there's this impression that I have to take my medical records from active duty converted into an issue and how it's impacted my life and my capabilities today, and that turns into compensation and benefits, and that's what the VA is only going to treat me for. But you can, actually, as a veteran with a D two to fourteen from active duty, can sign up for VA healthcare just like you would a primary care physician from someplace else. You may have a deductible and that's based off your level of injury firm. Right, so I'm at a If an individual's at fifty percent or higher disability rating by the VA, your healthcare is free from the VA. But you might be somebody that nothing else. I mean, I got a cold on active duty and that was it. There's nothing wrong with me. Well, you might pay a twenty dollars copay, a thirty dollars copay, no different than what you do out in town. Sure, but you just need to sign up for healthcare and you can have a primary care physician through the health care.
Speaker 3: And that does not mean strictly with the VA. Hospital.
Speaker 6: We have community based outpatient clinics. We call them Sea Box. There's one on thirty two in Claremont over by our church as well. And so this is where I have outpatient care where I can do I test hearing AIDS. I have a general physician in there that's doing my wellness checks for me, flu shots, blood analyzation, what have you? So broaden your perspective, veterans on how you think about the VA.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've got three other ones here, all of them very important. Some might say, well, look, I already have private medical insurance. That has to disqualify then me as a veteran from enrolling in the VA.
Speaker 6: Again not true. Yeah, let's squash that rumor. So number one, I have retired from active duty, so I have Tricare, so I get health care for the rest of my life. Turns to Medicare at sixty five. That's forced by the government as everybody else is right. I also work for the County of Clarmont, so I have County of Clarmont's health insurance. I also have VA health insurance because at my rated disability, the VA takes care of my health. Now, the interesting thing is the VA wants to work in concert with you. There's not a set level like if Johnny reaches this point, then will help take care of them. If you have a DD two to fourteen from active duty the VA. You can even enroll online for health care. It's whether there's a col payment amount or every service is free to the VA.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you just brought it up about a lot of people think, well, I can't sign up anywhere locally. I live out in Claremont County. There's no way I can sign up there. I have to go all the way to Virginia to do that.
Speaker 6: Right, I don't want to go to downtown CNT No, right, VA dot gov.
Speaker 3: And sign up for healthcare.
Speaker 6: But there's also you know, sometimes there's there may be a I don't talk in the capitalist sense, but if I'm working for another employer out in town, okay, and I'm getting healthcare through that employer, yep, well then I can't get VA healthcare.
Speaker 3: That's a misnumber. Yes you can.
Speaker 6: The capitalist side of my heart says, hey, mister employer, I've got health care through the VA. If I decline your health care, well you bump my yearly comp by six seven thousand.
Speaker 3: You're going to pay for my healthcare anyway. Perfect sense.
Speaker 6: Yep, right, why not bring that home to the family because you already have a healthcare That's a hell of an idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it really is. And here's the one that that I found.
Speaker 2: All of these I think are just so interesting because I know there are so many men and women who served our country out there. We talk about them all the time and thank them for their service, who just think some of these things just because the reasons you mentioned a little while ago that there is a quote unquote, here's another one waiting period following active duty before a veteran can enroll in VA healthcare.
Speaker 3: Again not true. Yeah, where's the bin message?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Where's that dumb button? There is a.
Speaker 6: The day after active duty you're eligible to sign up for VA healthcare. And I would imagine while on active duty in your last ninety days that you could submit the paperwork that it's a seamless transition into the VA healthcare.
Speaker 2: You know, you just brought up something that I think is a nightmare for anybody. You don't have to be a veteran for this, but paperwork. I mean, my god, you know, and I'm curious. That's part of what you guys do to help some of these veterans, right is to NAT because man to navigate through some of Our daughter just bought a car and she's going through it for the first time. She got it yesterday. Some of the paperwork just for that, I can't imagine what it's like if you're trying to get into VA healthcare. Buying a car is half a day of your life. It was a half a day of her life yesterday.
Speaker 6: It takes time, right, and to sign up for VA Healthcare, there is a sequence, a synchrony, a matrix of how you file for healthcare and benefits. And if you get it wrong, if you use the wrong form, if you use an old form, the VA kicks it back. Use your county veteran service officers. They know the current forms, they know the routing, they have a direct link to the VA. Everything we do is free for the veteran and they know the proper process and who to call if it gets stuck in the process.
Speaker 2: Well, and you mentioned maybe two or three times ago when we got together that you're actually bringing in more and more people out in Claremont County that can help specifically with many things, but things like that as well.
Speaker 6: Right right, Yeah, we added a new service officer, so we by twenty percent. We had four, we now have five. Yeah, so which is phenomenal. We've hired new drivers. I had to purchase a new vehicle, so we're up to a fleet of five. Now we're shuttling upwards of one hundred and thirty veterans a month, no kidding, door to door service to the VA and back. And if you've ever been to the VA parking lot downtown Cincinnati, you will appreciate the fact of door to door service.
Speaker 2: You know, let me ask you this, and you don't work for the v A. I mean, in some way, it's sort of all tied together. But I'm just curious of this because you know, as a layman out there, I can read these articles about the VA is this, and boy, it's in terrible shape there and we're not treating our guys rights, so on and so forth. What is the experience for a veteran going to the VA for the first time.
Speaker 3: Is it a positive experience?
Speaker 6: I will tell you we are in my opinion. This is Steve Bozo's personal opinion, coming from Columbus, coming from Georgia, from Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 3: The v here in Cincinnati. I don't want to call it an anomaly, but.
Speaker 6: What I do know is that the leadership of our VA location of Cincinnati is aggressive at tackling problems.
Speaker 3: They're positive.
Speaker 6: I have many friends, personally, none that I've even participated with, who've had cancer treatment to the VA and said, everybody is positive.
Speaker 3: They're welcoming.
Speaker 6: It is really a great experience, which is why you probably see their parking lot so full downtown and it's hard to find a parking space.
Speaker 3: But I will tell you Cincinnati, VA is doing a great job. So I am thrilled to hear that.
Speaker 2: Hats off indeed to them, and hats out to everything you guys are doing out there in Claremont County.
Speaker 3: How was before I let you go?
Speaker 2: I'm curious and I always I think of so many people, those less fortunate, the poor, the needy, veterans around the holidays. It's a broad question, but did you get us sense of good things during the holidays for so many veterans out there?
Speaker 6: We did, and I'm glad you threw that one out there. There's the American Legion has a gentleman that works with us who presents to my board. I have a board of five commissioners. For the past two years we have presented funds so that we can underpin those that were food deprived, sure and families. There's other other five to one c three organizations that we will vet out veterans that need toys or gifts for children. And so this year, I don't know how many Thanksgiving and Christmas meal packages were handed out to veterans and their families fantasts to include and then over Christmas jackets presents each kid got two presents from a veterans family, so they get vetted out through the VA. Where are they at in this process? Are they in a certain type of program with the VA? Are the Claremont County residents? So we spend our money on Larmont County veterans, right, so I can't cross borders there and we don't, but yet to offer that veteran family. Let me help you, John, stand up your family as a dad wants to do.
Speaker 3: Amen for his kids. Amen. Steve, you're the best.
Speaker 2: Kenny. Great to see you and we'll get together again next month. It's always a pleasure and an honor to have you in here. Thank you for your service and good to see Ustee. Tom, thank you for your This is the connection and you're the man. So I appreciate you. Steve Belzo and Kenny Williamson kind enough to join us, and we love having these guys in here and a part of the morning show on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Alrighty Chuck, what's happening out there?
Speaker 7: My friend trying to clear out in some spots, but Rex are keeping things slow in a couple of others like Eastbound two to seventy five, The accident is before you get the seventy one right sides block. The traffic backs the mouth seller. This from the UCE Health Traffic center. You see health wait Boss center off for Sergic Colden Medical City Care hat expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Southbound seventy five was starting to clear out a bit through Lachlan, but not anymore. Backing up towards Shepherd with a new accident on the right shoulder. Northbound seventy five delay times have dropped under the five minute mark out of Erlinger into downtown. Same for northbound four seventy one from Grand to the bridge. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW fight Our.
Speaker 2: WCPO nine First Warning four cast presented by Jennifer A. Ketch Mark. It is a beautiful day today. Let's enjoy the sunshine. We're getting up to fifty two degrees. Might even be better than that when all is said and done. Tonight we're only down to thirty nine. Tomorrow gonna be cloudy, it will be warm. We're gonna be close to sixty degrees. Showers likely late in the afternoon. That will carry into Thursday night, and if you can believe it, are low. Tomorrow night is going to be fit fifty five degree are low. Friday, we're getting up into the sixties, but there will be some showers. Saturday, we will dry out and temperature is expected to be right in the mid fifties, upper fifties. There could be some rain in the morning, but then drying out in the day, but then overnight. And this is changing even since the last time we gave you the weather. A chance of snow overnight Saturday night into Sunday morning, and are high on Sunday is going to be thirty seven degrees. We've got Pastor Chad to talk about a different kind of New Year's resolution coming up at eight thirty eight, seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 1: Money, Money, Money, Now the info you need to achieve your money dreams. This is the Boonberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Good morning. Investors today are keeping a close eye in the crude oil market after President Trump said Venezuela will give up thirty to fifty millillion barrels of oil to the US. That's worth about two point eight billion dollars at the current market price. Illinois Democrat Robin Kelly introducing a bill requiring new motor vehicles with electric door systems to include a mechanical latch that is intuitive to use and readily accessible for occupants. That's after all the safety concerns about the handles popularized by Tesla that can lose power unexpectedly, sometimes tragically during accidents, and attention Lego lovers. Lego unveiling its Lego Smart Play platform at a massive tech show in Vegas. The new bricks contains sensors for detecting light and distance and make lights and sounds when used in unison. Combine them with a new deal between Lego and the Star Wars franchise, and may the Force be with you when you play with them. From Bloomberg, I'm Denise Pelgrinian newsrat of seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Alrighty eight forty on the Morning show here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: We do it every single Wednesday.
Speaker 2: We call it plane glass, stained glass and kind enough to join us every single Wednesday. Is the lead pastor at the Horizon Community Church over in Newtown, right along the banks of the Little Miami River. And that is Pastor Chad Hovan, Happy New Year, sir. How was your holiday?
Speaker 5: Well, it's pretty good. We had ten services, hung out with family, saw a couple of movies, and then gave ourselves the flu and we were miserable in bed for about five days passing it around. So how it went well?
Speaker 3: I hope everybody is healthy.
Speaker 5: Now we're fighting our way back. We're about it's seventy eight probably, okay.
Speaker 3: All right, Well we're thanking and praying for everybody there. Now.
Speaker 2: When when you and I were texting back and forth last couple of days, we were thinking, you know, what New Year's comes along, A lot of people make New Year's resolutions, and I'd given some statistics about seventy nine percent of those that make a New Year's resolution making New Year's resolue that does with their physical health.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm going to get in better shape, all that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But you and I came up with the idea that we're going to basically have a four week series each and every Wednesday, starting today.
Speaker 3: And you want to call this series what.
Speaker 5: The me I want to be?
Speaker 3: Okay? The me I want to be? Okay?
Speaker 2: So we're going to head on four different areas in each of the next four weeks of maybe where you could start. So here's one that we're going to begin with today. I'm not too busy. It's just not a priority. Let's start there.
Speaker 5: Well, I think again, like you said, at the new time of year, we come up with to do lists and goals and things we're going to accomplish. But I want to propose that there's something that can extend beyond that and won't make you depressed in about a month because you didn't do it. It's one outlook and it's one inlook. And that first one is that we tell ourselves all the time, I'm too busy. When's the last time you went on a date with your wife. Well, we're so busy. When's the last time that you got involved in your hobby. I'm too busy. If every time you find yourself saying I'm too busy, just swap that and just say this, it's not I'm too busy, it's just not a priority. That's going to immediately either one affirm your decisions. That's right, I'm not doing. For example, my dad gave up fishing for many years because he was a young dad and he won't be involved as kids and so if you'd ask my dad, you know, are you motorcycling these days? And are you fishing these days? You'd say nope, I'm right now, that's not a priority. Now once we left the home, I can't get on my dad's calendar because I was fishing. He's a motorcycle drive. But that phrase is so helpful. If I told you, when's the last time you and your wife and a date, and you said, well, we're too busy, isn't a swap? It's not you're too busy. Yeah, it's just not a priority. Then you're like, oh, then I I don't want that to be true of me. I want to rethink what I do because the same people who tell you they're too busy will then just talk about how they binge watched three Netflix shows sometime this week and the staffs and howefin we're on our phone and on our iPads. It's pretty shocking. It's not this too busy. We all get the same twenty four hours. We all get the same number of minutes per day. The question is how are you going to invest those minutes and those moments to make them matter? And if you talk to my Gurbil growing up, he'd say he was busy. You know, he's runn wrapped in that wheel all day. You're going to fill the time? The question is are you filling with things that really matter? And every day is a chance for you to inch closer to the me you want to be? Instead of saying I need to make radical shifts, giant shifts, big changes. What are you going to do today to be a little more joyful? What are you going to do today to move a little closer to your priorities? What do you do today that's going to bring a little more joy into your life? In fact, I think if you think about your life this way, how do I fill my life and not just that? How do I fill today with things that matter? Just kind of an idea, kind of in the sting glass perspective called kronos versus krynos. We all get the same amount of kronos, that's chronological time, But the really wise person knows how to redeem the time, and a person who redeems time changes kronos into krynos, which is opportunity. I'm driving in the car and I've got my kids around. I'm going to try and take this cronos time in the car and just have have one meaningful conversation. Yeah, I'm going to try and when sitting across for dinner, I'm gonna put my phone down, I try and turn this cronos into krynos. And to do that, though, you've got to really come against the lie. And it's it's it's the plague of our of our culture. We all love telling people how busy we are, but it's actually partially true, and it's partially a lie to disguise why we're not prioritizing the things we know we probably should.
Speaker 2: You know, I when you when you talk about, you know, replacing that it's not a priority, and you gave the example. I mean, when you really start thinking about saying that line out loud in a given situation, the one you just said about going on a date with your wife, you know what, what if all of a sudden, you know you I'm just sitting here, you know, thinking out loud that a lot of people, Look, they get they get pulled hard from work all the time, right, and they got to stay longer.
Speaker 3: They got to do this.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're going to miss their kids soccer game or their kids recital or whatever. If all of a sudden you say, not not just to somebody else, but the impact it makes just hearing that, saying it to myself that I'm not going to make this a priority getting to my kids recital or sporting event.
Speaker 3: Man, that stings a little bit.
Speaker 5: Now, Yeah, but it's a good conviction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very good one. Yes.
Speaker 5: And you want to say, listen, there's plenty of grace, and there's plenty of exceptions. Want to say, am I characterized meaning more often than not doing the things that I prioritize. There's always exceptions, there's always something to happen this week. But am I characterized by my priorities? And that can happen even in the midst of this real difficulty. I mean, I was under the gun five years ago, my walk that had two back surgery. I was a full time caregiver for here plus my special need son, plus I was working full time. It was not ideal circumstances, and I was getting resentful and angry, and I had thrown everything in the kitchen sink of trying to change this circumstance, and for whatever reason, it wasn't going to change. I remember getting out my journal and grabbing my pen, almost like you're holding a knife, and almost like carving the words into the page. I will not be bitter, and that stopped me from going in a bad direction. And then a couple of weeks later I was able to write I will choose joy. And that's the second thing is besides changing your priorities and repeating that phrase, what if this year you ruthlessly commit to finding joy in your current life, even with your problems, even with your challenges. Most of us are living lives that are envied by the world, that were chased by others, dreamed about by kings. I mean, we have air conditioning, we actually have some money in our pockets, we can actually choose where we might eat today. These are enviable, prayed about, dreamed about goals that most people in the world have longed for. And if you've never been on a mission trip or been on a third world country, everyone that goes on once says the same thing. I go down to people who have so little, and I'm amazed at how they can ruthlessly find joy in their current life.
Speaker 3: What if all of us did that.
Speaker 5: We all have things we want to tweak, things we want to change things. We wish we could make better work on that, but you're as happy now as you choose to be. And if you can't be happy in this circumstance, I promise you you probably won't be happy in the next er.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's right, because you're always playing that keep up with the Joneses kind of thing. And we talked about you know that from time to time. Let me let me walk you back for a second, when you talked about that timeframe that you went through. Okay, all of a sudden, you know, you're going through these really tough times and there's only enough chronos time in the day. Correct to give me an example or people out there listening an example chat if you wouldn't mind of something that you thought you couldn't give up, right, and that once you said to yourself, no, this thing with my wife or this thing with our son, whatever it might be, that's going to be the priority today. And maybe something you thought, boy, there's no way I can walk away from this other thing. But then once you did it, you realized it wasn't the end of the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, i'd say eternally for me internally, rather one of my biggest priorities is independence. And so the fact that I was basically handcuffed to my house, handcuffed to caregiving, and again, yes, I want to serve, but it really came against a core value of mind, which is independence. And so I really had to wrestle with that, which is in my desire to serve, need to serve out wanting to have the priority is serving. I could feel that tension like almost a rat caught in a trap, which is like I just I just felt that, and I had to say, this feels permanent. It's not permanent. This is a season, and it's gonna be a hard season. I don't even know. I'm not gonna say an arbitrary deadline. I'd like it to be a week. It might be a month, it might be a year. But it's a season. So during this season, I need to change my mindset and so I am not going to have the flexibility that I had. And even when you know, we adopted my son, you know, and found out he had special needs, it was an eighty year season, which is I need to adjust my expectations, which is all right. I had expected a B and C and now I need to say and thought joy only came from A, B and C. Now I need to say it's gonna look like D, E and F. But D and E and F. Though different, doesn't mean I can't experience joy. It doesn't mean I can't have a fulfilled life. It's just different. And for many of us, we're so living for the expectation. Once I get that degree, if only I had two houses, if only I got that special vacation, if only I get that job, and we have delayed joy. We have we have pushed joy ahead of ourselves into some other circumstance versus all right, right now, I've got to manage my expectations and realize this expectation that I thought was the end all I was the only way I could find joy and happiness and gratitude. I began to say, what can I in the next twenty four hours be grateful about? Where can I take this not as a resentful, obligatory duty bound serving, but how can I joyfully serve? And maybe I can't have enough energy to think about joyfully serving for a week. I can think about what I can do in the next hour.
Speaker 3: You know what I had year. You know I forgive me for erupting.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, something that sort of hit me a couple of days ago, and I'm curious about how how you would address this. I find sometimes that when I put myself in that frame of mind, and I try to do it a lot, because I have a tendency to start going dark. Okay, and maybe not dark's maybe the wrong word, just not being as appreciative of things that I have as I should be. But then you start getting around, whether it's co workers, maybe it's even your family, okay, where this kind of attitude has been around you for so long that those you spend a lot of time, well, let's say your family. Maybe you're walking in the house and you want to walk in with a sense of joy and with peace and happiness, and then all of a sudden, those in the house they're not used to that kind of thing, and they're not there yet either.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, it's like Dad, what happened to you?
Speaker 3: Right? Right?
Speaker 5: But I want to be this is me we've never seen. But I think over time you go, oh, this is different. And honestly, have you ever been around yourself when you're negative? Or are the people in they're negative? Yeah, there's kind of this glue. It's almost like gossip. You're kind of drawn into kind of negativity and the nihilism, but it's pretty quickly hopeless and doesn't give a lot of joy, and at some point you've got to get sick of it. You're going to say, you know what, this is just so not life giving. And I don't know if you're into treasure hunters, but I love treasure hunting type of stuff, whether it's like you know, the TV shows like The Goony's Grown Up for the Movie's National Treasure, or you know, occasionally I try and watch Chris of Oak Island, although I've given up after ten years. They've done anything. But what if I told you that the next twenty four hours your life is filled with treasures that you need to discover, and you want to look at your life like a treasure hunter and say, there's going to be something to be grateful that's going to happen today in a conversation with your colleague. There's going to be somebody you come in contact with who's got some way that you can listen to them and it's going to really make them feel heard. If you begin to look at your life as there are hidden treasures to appreciate, to be grateful for, to find. I think people are going to notice because when you get around people who are negative, it sucks the.
Speaker 3: Life, no doubt about it, and ourselves too.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, yes, guilty of charge.
Speaker 5: You ever want to hang out with Mike seal up today? Guess what the rest of the stone either. But what if I you take your eyes off yourself? Right instead of saying but I'm feeling down, I'm feeling depressed, walk into a room and say, how can I lift someone else up? And the irony is one of the greatest way to get out of depression is put your eyes on someone else. So I think that's what I encourage is to think of the new year two things, ruthlessly commit to find, join your current life, and then radically change your priorities by just repeating that one praise. It's not that I'm too busy, it's just not a priority, and then inch closer. I used to tell folks that three times three times three is twenty seven, but four times four times four sixty four. If you want to improve your life this year from a twenty seven to a sixty four, double your joy, double your impact of your marriage. All you have to do is take three areas of your life and just tweak them. Not from a three to a ten, just get a little bit more joyful. Move from a three to a four tomorrow. I want you to be a little bit more grateful. From a three to four. I want you to think about other people ahead of yourself A three to a four. The cumulus impact of tweaking three areas of your life is that you'll move from a twenty seven to a sixty four and the impact of your overal health. And then chase your goals. I love goals. Monitor your goals, track your goals. But while you're doing it, don't delay joy until you get to the goals.
Speaker 3: That is great stuff.
Speaker 2: I love the start of this series and look forward to two, three, and four in the weeks to come. Chad, thanks so much for your time. This was this just great stuff. I hope you have a great rest of your day.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much. Stuck soon.
Speaker 3: I tell you what. Let's see that advice.
Speaker 2: I mean when you think of it, when he breaks it down like that, A three to a four, just with a small tweak, you don't have to go to three to a ten man. I'm going to get something out of that. I think I know, or I'm going to try. That's all we can do is try, Sloan. He's coming up right around the corner, and let's check the roadways one more time.
Speaker 3: Chuck, what's happening, my friend?
Speaker 7: Things are getting better the earlier accidents I've been talking about. Clear this from the uce Health tramphic center. You see Health Weight Loss Center off for a surgical and medical ob City Caaren expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. It's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. No longer a problem in the Lochland Split. The wreck northbound out of the way. The last of the heavy traffic is coming out of Saint Bernard towards Town Street southbound seventy five. That wreck is clear, but traffic still runs an extra three to four minutes through the split eastbound two seventy five. Now looking pretty good between Mostellar and seventy one, Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred walw Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Day out there, sunshine today we're up to fifty two degrees. According to Jennifer catch Mark over at Channel nine tonight, we are dry, low down to thirty nine. Tomorrow, it's gonna be cloudy in the morning. We're gonna get all the way up to sixty degrees, but rain will start sometime after two three o'clock in the afternoon continue into tomorrow night. It will be warm. Tomorrow night our low is only fifty five and then sca undred showers continue on Friday. We're up to close to sixty five degrees. Saturday, rain in the morning, clearing out a little bit, getting up to about fifty five, and then overnight Saturday night, the temperatures are going to fall off the table and there is a possibility of some light snow showers early Sunday morning with a high of forty two. Sloane Show is coming up right around the bend. Hey, look, if you get a chance, and I'll tell you every single day, consider just consider adopting a shelter pet.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: You will be happier, I promise, and there'll be more love in your house. A shelter dog or a cat just looking for a second chance. Eight fifty six on the Nation station seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati,