Speaker 1: You all ready for Christmas wish. Now I will give a little we'll get it set up here in a second. Let's get started and I'll tell you what's going on. One one, three, Katy in the morning shows Christmas Wish.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: With the roads, it is not the best day to have somebody drive in to ask them to talk about their Christmas wish.
Speaker 2: So we said you get a pass, no driving.
Speaker 1: You don't have to drive in today because the roads are kind of Drive carefully and you'll get there eventually. The one person who did have to drive today is your buddy Brandon from over at College muscle Movers. Brandon, did you drive to the destination today?
Speaker 3: I did, my man?
Speaker 2: Where did you drive to? Yup? Lost? You try it one more time near brog Town?
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha? Okay, Well thanks for driving. How are the roads, Brandon?
Speaker 4: Oh it's a Wincher wonderland that way. Brandon?
Speaker 5: Did you have to get up extra early today knowing that to take you a little bit longer?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm still getting there right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's pretty battle there.
Speaker 1: Take your time, Brandon. You know what, you get a pass. You are Santa's little helper. You are an angel of Christmas. You get a pass. Thank you for doing this, and thanks to college muscle movers for doing the unloading and loading and that type of thing. And there's a big, big, big heavy thing today. That's part of Christmas wish. So what do we do then if we don't have the wishers here? What we got them on the phone? I think they're both on the same phone. Christy, are you there?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Ashley? Are you there?
Speaker 6: Yes, good morning?
Speaker 2: Are you two?
Speaker 1: You're two together in the same phone. Are you like at a house or in the car. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: We're in a car together.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm glad you're here to do Christmas wish. Let's get started and talk about who is the first of all, who is the wish for?
Speaker 2: Without details? Who is the wish for?
Speaker 6: It is for one of our good friends and co workers and her daughter.
Speaker 1: Okay, and so they're okay, So let's hear what the wish is all about. I know you got the wish there in front of you, if you got time. If you got time, I'm sure you do. Let us hear the wish that Andrea. I'm sorry, Christy and Ashley are going to read for Christmas wish. Go ahead when you're ready.
Speaker 7: Well, do you want me to get the person on the phone quick?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yes, thank you? I got all excited.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's a little bit backwards without having them in Okay, so I think it gets confusing.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, for sure.
Speaker 7: So let's dump Brandon.
Speaker 2: Dum Sorry Brandon, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: By the way, College Muscle Movers helps out with every wish. And if you want to moving anytime soon and you're looking for a great local company and you want to be Brandon in person, then call College Muscle Movers are online, College Muscle Movers. Hello, I'm calling for Mollie. Yeah, Hi, Mollie, It's Dave Ryan over at KDWB Radio. Would you have any idea why i'd be calling with your friends Christy and Ashley today?
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: No, Well, can you hear your friends on the phone?
Speaker 4: We love you.
Speaker 1: Is she still there, Mollie, He's there.
Speaker 6: She's just crying. I'm just crying.
Speaker 2: Okay, Molly.
Speaker 1: Well let me you might have an idea why we're calling Christmas Wish with Katie WB and we're going to talk about a tremendous loss in your family and they wrote us a letter, and now Christy and Ashley will read this letter so you can hear what they wrote in Okay.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 8: Molly? Sure? Why not? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: When you think of soma Hey family, Molly, Garrett and Sylvie, a few things immediately come to mind.
Speaker 6: Joy turned for.
Speaker 4: Others, and love. Whether they were camping, going for a walk, playing at the playground, or just relaxing in their backyard, you could see and feel the joy radiating from them. It was and still is impossible not to smile when you're around them. This family cares deeply for each other and for everyone in their lives.
Speaker 8: Garrett showed his.
Speaker 4: Love through the daily lunches he made for Molly that left her coworkers envious, especially me, His dedications to spending time with his family, his hard work as a plumber serving our Saint Paul's community, and his unwavering commitment to always putting his family first. Mollie will take on any challenge to help her family, the students she works with in Saint Paul's schools, and countless others. She has an incredible gift of making me laugh, making you feel welcome, and listing your spirits. And then there's Sylvie, a sweet, free year old whose smile and kindness touched the hearts of everyone around her.
Speaker 6: The love between them is undeniable. When you see them together, you can't help but feel the warmth they share in the love that they give those around them to know if Molly, Garrett and Sylvie is to truly feel blessed. It's with heavy hearts that we share that Molly and Sylvie suffered in an unimaginable loss when Garrett passed away unexpectedly in August at just thirty eight years old. True to form, both Molly and Sylvie have faced this tragedy with incredible strength and resilience. Even without Garrett, they continue to be a family filled with joy, care, and love for each other and everyone around them. As friends, family, and coworkers of Molly. This Christmas, we watch to surround Molly and Sylvie with love, comfort, and kindness. They have given so much to all of us and to so many others, Okay, that we want to remind them that they are not alone. Listen to Ashley, we will continue to hold them close and walk with them on this journey.
Speaker 1: I think I hear somebody, Yeah, there's that might be Sylvie making an appearance in the background. Yeah, Molly, I'm so sorry about Garrett. I just can't imagine just you know, kind of very unexpectedly, just in August, at thirty eight years old, he was gone. Yeah, and I can't imagine adjusting to life like that when you're expecting the next thirty forty fifty years together ever practically. Yeah, I'm so sorry about that. So life has been a big adjustment. But there are so many people that care about you, that care about Sylvie, and I love what they said about how you are just one of those people that just you know, brings a smile to everybody that you meet.
Speaker 2: Sylvie is very curious. What is Sylvie up to now?
Speaker 8: She's shutting the door on me so that I can cry in my room by myself.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, I'm very considered to hear her.
Speaker 1: Well with if you just turned the radio on, we're talking. Usually we do these, you know, kind of in person with one the wisher wishy on the phone, but with the roads today we have the wishers on the phone, and I want to talk to you a little bit about Molly, about what Christmas wish is and we find people like you who you.
Speaker 8: Know, listen to you guys for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you what some of the things are that we want to do for you and Sylvie. To number one, just make you feel loved and appreciated and seen and recognized and maybe kind of make you. I think one of the things about pain and grief is sometimes it comes in waves and there will be times when it's like, oh, it's been fifteen minutes since I've thought about anything, and other times it's just very heavy. I hope this will bring you one of those times where it's just it helps relieve the grief a little bit.
Speaker 2: Talk about Sylvie, she is how old.
Speaker 1: Santa told me she's into bluey.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We got a bunch of blue stuff. We got a bunch of We got a blue backpack, coloring book, Bluey, this Bluey that we for some We came up with a kinetic sand soft serve station, which is hard to describe, but it's really cool. Okay, good, I'm glad you found that. Guys like that, a Bluey tent, a life size kitchen play set, bluey squish bellows, and a shopping cart there's so much blue all over the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Sneakers and we got a couple of sleds and a winter coat, mittens and a beanie an Our Generation dress up doll which you've heard if you've heard of those, those were super cool. And then for mom, we got a bunch of stuff for mom, some fun, some practical. We hear you're a runner, is that right? Yeah? Okay, We've got you a two hundred dollars Hoka gift card for new shoes. We're going to send you down to Target with a five hundred dollars Target gift card. Now that can be for anything. That can be for Coldgate, toothpaste, that can be for tide pods, that can be for you know, running stuff, whatever you want. We got a just some fun little things. A Starbucks tumbler and mug. We hear you're a Starbucks person. Yeah, okay, good, very what's your order over at Starbucks?
Speaker 7: I like express one that's very good.
Speaker 1: And they found something called Eos Vanilla Cashmeir body oil body wash and body missed is great, So something you'll enjoy. Uh, for you and Sylvie and some friends or whatever you want. To break it up, We've got a one hundred dollars Broadway Pizza gift card, and I will thank every person who donated, every business that donated, I will plug them shamelessly because they didn't have to do this. They're taking it out of their own pockets. Broadway Pizza, Sarah and everybody at Broadway donated two thousand dollars in Broadway Pizza gift cards. They didn't ask for anything in exchange. Everybody at Valveeling instant oil Change. They donated two free oil changes from Valveling this year. I know it's not the most Christmasy thing of all time, but you might need an oil change necessary no change. I V three hundred dollars high V gift card shop high V this holiday season. Don't forget to sign up for high V Perks to get even more discounts and deals. So thanks to Hive, they heard about wish and they said, what can we do to help out? A two hundred dollars gift card to Saint Paul Tap that's on Jefferson Avenue over in Saint Paul's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a cool place, good food.
Speaker 1: Check out Saint Paul Tap MN dot com. One hundred and fifty dollars gift card to Woodhouse Spas and Eden Prairie. You know it's a little bit of a dry but it's worth it to Woodhouse Spas, thanks Megan and everybody over there in Eaton Prairie. And you can get a Woodhouse Spat gift card for the perfect holiday gift woodhouse Spas dot.
Speaker 4: Com for the fact that I threw out my back a few days ago.
Speaker 2: How'd you throw out your back? What were you doing.
Speaker 8: Between you know, a three year old crawling all over you and shoveling snow.
Speaker 7: You know, it's classic. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: This is perfect.
Speaker 1: Okay, good a little relaxing massage. But there's more for your Christmas wish pot. And all of these people just heard about this. No wait, my favorite one is the last one, and we're gonna get to that in a second. Okay, I've got a two hundred dollars vis a gift card to spend on whatever you want, donated by Plugs Electric and floor Forest like plug Z safe Home started Plugs Electric dot Com.
Speaker 2: We got one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and one dollar holiday gas card so you won't have to worry about getting a couple of tanks of gas that's on holiday for every fuel purchase now through December seventeenth, Holidays, donating a portion of sales to Christmas wish. I love this one. I was talking to Wedding Day Diamonds yesterday. We've got you a pair of half carrot diamond stud ear rings from Wedding Day. Yep, what, well, not everything needs yeah, not everything needs to be practical, but this one is just a beautiful gift from Wedding Day. Wedding Day studs start at one and every pair is on sale through December twenty fourth. Come in and pick out a gorgeous pair of shop online with three two day shipping or super easy in store pickup. But you want to hear my favorite You want to hear my favorite thing?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 8: How is that not your mail? Okay?
Speaker 1: That's my That is a tie. But I love this one because it's so different. What is your dog's.
Speaker 8: Name, Cash Cash Money, as Philbe called them.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then you got two cats too? What are their names?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Lucy and Millie?
Speaker 2: Lucy Millie. How big of a dog is cash?
Speaker 8: Cash is like freaking almost ninety pounds?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was talking to our friends at Fido's Pantry, shout out Sarah and Andrew over in excelsior, chan Hassen. They donated so much stuff. Three giant bags of dog food, three bags of kitty litter, forty pounds apiece. Oh my god, dog toys, cat toys, cat treats, dog treats and that's all from Fido's Pantry and nutris Source dog food donated to of those bags. I want to give a shout out at those gags as well, so we can't forget the fuzzy friends, A healthy pet, happy pet. Check them out at fidospantry dot com.
Speaker 8: Yeah, going up here right now. He'll be so happy.
Speaker 1: I am so glad that we got to hold of you for Christmas, but I'm so sorry about your loss. Just such a hard thing and the first Christmas to go through this. It's gotta be. It feels different this year, doesn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just oh yeah, like you just it was kind of out of camped and worked that weekend and he was gone by Wednesday. And yeah, so I mean, you guys are amazing. And obviously Ashton Christine obviously my brother who convinced me to stay home for a delivery from seven to nine. Yeah, getting delivered at my high up.
Speaker 4: Thanks Ki.
Speaker 1: Well your deliveries outside that is going to be Brandon from College muscle movers. And let me tell you that there's a lot of dog food out there. Yeah, a lot of dog food and cat litter and other stuff too.
Speaker 8: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Have have the best holiday you can with little Sylvie under the circumstances. And thanks for taking the call with Christmas wish. And I'll let you say your goodbyes to Christy and Ashley.
Speaker 8: Well, I love you guys so much. Is that why Tom came and shoveled me aut at six a m.
Speaker 4: This morning like yad of helper.
Speaker 6: So thank you Tom, Thank you, hih a, thank you everyone, but everyone here guys so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you Christy and Ashley for doing this. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas and thanks for listening, uh to Katie w B and you never thought you'd be recipating them a Chris mus wish, No Molly, but but here you are all right.
Speaker 2: You take care.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you Christmas wish on KDWB. We'll be back in a second on the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show. More Christmas wishes every day, all the rest of this week, all next week, and if we're lucky and we keep doing well the donations, we'll do two more right before Christmas as well.
Speaker 7: One point three KDWB I.
Speaker 2: Got a couple of things for you.
Speaker 1: Vikings tickets actually one, two, three four Vikings tickets. See the Vikings play Green Bay. It's into early January. I know the exact date, but it is five hundred dollars. Also in game day cash. It's all from Aquarius Home Services. Go to KDWB dot com slash furnace. Yep, we have got an extension called Furnace KWB dot com slash furnace and you can sign up on their hecket's Green Bay.
Speaker 5: It's on January fourth, by the way. But yeah, it's the big game against the Packers here.
Speaker 1: Who I wonder how it is if you like you're a Packers fan and your partner is a Vikings fan.
Speaker 7: That's how my sister and her husband are are.
Speaker 2: They did they get along okay with that? Do they make fun of each other for it?
Speaker 5: So they try to have the kids pick which team they want, and so sometimes the kids will pick out Vikings gear in the morning on the day of like a Vikings Packers game.
Speaker 7: And then my sister's like, that's not my kid anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, they have fun.
Speaker 5: I didn't see my friends Carrie and Freddy. They just had a baby or maybe no, it wasn't carrying Freddy. It was Meat Sauce down the hall Mead Sauce has a new baby, Louie. Yeah, little Louis. So his wife is a Packers fan. Obviously, mean Sauce is a Vikings fan. And they let Louie crawl to which gear he wanted for the game. Pick the Vikings, Joyce, Louie, just kidding.
Speaker 7: I don't hate the Vikings. I just love the Packers.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it. Let's do the daily daily. I'm Katie w B.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I watched them up Christmas Carol, and I was soaking up all of that Scrooge energy. So my question for y'all today is it's time to release your inner Scrooge.
Speaker 7: What do you hate about the holidays?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: By, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't really hate anything, but I will dig up an inner Scrooge.
Speaker 7: First, you say, okay, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, I luckily won't have to deal with it this year. But for me, it's personally going to a million different holidays when you have a partner, it's exhausting. It is really like I don't feel like you get to thoroughly enjoy anything, especially for me because I have family in Wisconsin, and like it was just a lot of like going all over the place that eventually you do sort of have to just like pick one family and like do holidays with that family, and then I just feel bad for the other family, like it sucks. And so I would say that's my scrooge thing, is like when you have to go to a million different ones. There was I think two years ago or something we had just decided to not.
Speaker 7: Do almost anything. We just kind of like, well I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to trip, yeah, because it just it gets to be too exhausted.
Speaker 7: And that's my scrooge moment line.
Speaker 3: Okay, my scrooge moment, I think is being expected to find the perfect gift for everyone in your family and your friends, because I like being inspired. If I'm at a store in June and I see something that I'm like, my sister would love this, I'm going to buy it for her and give it to her in June when I see it, I don't want to buy it and then put it in my closet and forget it's there until Christmas. But Christmas itself, like the whole holiday season, you have to just like, oh, I have to go Christmas shopping, So now I'm going to go to a store and then have to think, Okay, what would my sister want? What would my sister's spouse want? And I hate that. That's my scrooge moment about the holidays.
Speaker 9: I hate having to go to like, let's say, my grandma's house, and there's family members that I see once twice a year, and then we have to do the catch up because it's like sure, high Aunt, Carol, but you don't really care about like, oh, what are you got going on? You're just doing it because as we're here and you don't speak to me the rest of the year, let's just say hi by keep it pushing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I really can't come up with anything scroogy. I will only say the amount of waste and wrapping paper that you ball up and throw into garbage bags. Yeah, and cardboard boxes that just gets stuffed into your like trash can out in the garage. I just like, I'm an environmental guy, but not a freak about it. But it's just like that wrapping paper gets used, the cardboard boxes gets used, it all gets thrown into your dumpster and then it's in a landfill, and I just, you know, I can't really think of anything else.
Speaker 2: Because I'm a joyful person.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm a joyful bright light of Christmas to scrooge the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Now we scrooge the rest of the year. Halloween pisses me. The hef off.
Speaker 3: A lot of text message, someone says, I hate that seemingly everyone gets holidays off and I don't. So I get invited to things and I have to tell them that I work, and they always say, but it's Christmas Eve, and I say, yeah.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: A lot of the people are complaining about the amount of money they have to spend on gifts. That stresses me out, and gift giving is a supposed to be stressful.
Speaker 7: Someone's really scroogey.
Speaker 3: They say, Christmas has just become a commercial holiday. People are spending so much money, going broke for a holiday that doesn't even align with their belief system.
Speaker 9: There's so many commercial holidays Valentine's Day's another way true.
Speaker 3: But that's the scrooge moment for the Daily Bailey. You're allowed to scrooge sometimes I get it coming up next to you go to a holiday party, it's time to leave? How do you get out gracefully without doing the long? Oh, stay a little bit longer?
Speaker 1: Four words to exit a holiday or any party where you're ready to leave. And this is four solid words that I will fill you in coming up next on KDWB one on one point three KDWBO.
Speaker 9: Four.
Speaker 1: When you go to a Christmas party, whether it's a work party or a neighborhood party or a family party or whatever. Yet, so how do you say goodbye? Do you'd be like, well, better be taken off now, you slap your knees. You know you're sitting down, slap your knees, go well we better get home, better get blah blah.
Speaker 2: And then then the host will be like, oh, what's your hurry?
Speaker 1: Or we just do the Irish goodbye. Susan and I were just like, okay, the hosts aren't looking. Let you dip out. You know you have to go in and interrupt. And the hosts are talking to somebody else you have to be like, hey, we're gonna take off now, oh well great, how's cars to God?
Speaker 2: Leave me alone?
Speaker 1: So here's what you do four words. It is a fool proof formula from somebody who is a senior lecturer amy arius at a college and so they're real smart. They say, you do two words to make it clear that you're leaving, head it out or it's time. Those are the first two words. Don't over explain, don't use qualifiers or like, well, probably time to leave or probably should get going, because that's going to open it up to no, no, no, no, no no, no, so and so is going to make a toast, or wait, we haven't brought out the cake yet. You do not need to provide any reason for leave.
Speaker 2: Leave leaving.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be like, oh, I gotta go hover the babysitter, because if you do, they're going to try to convince you to say, pay him a give him some extra money. They'll love the money. Next thing you know, it's forty five minutes later and you're still there, So heading out, it's time. The next two words two words of praise amazing party, such fun, headed out, amazing party. Now you said I'm leaving, and you've said gracefully, I've appreciated your hospitality. We are out gone. Oh there you go. I don't heat it out, amazing party.
Speaker 3: I just think that's a weird. That's just would be weird. Headed out, amazing party. And then the door slams like, oh, oh, well, there goes Dave. I guess a bit passes bye. Yeah, what the heck? I'd rather say because a lot of people when you said these four words, people are texting in saying I have to poop.
Speaker 1: Well that's funny, but you're you're not going to announce that at a like a comedy Christmas party.
Speaker 3: Well maybe not at the company one, but a family Christmas party.
Speaker 1: Great time, head it out, good luck, saya nara two words, saya nara, Okay, peace out.
Speaker 2: But there It is.
Speaker 5: The hardest thing for me is not leaving a company party or something like that.
Speaker 7: It is leaving my mother's home.
Speaker 5: When I am home for the holidays and I say, hey, Mom, I'm probably gonna head out like early afternoon, get back before it gets dark. Whatever she knows, I'm usually heading out by Newnish. All of a sudden, you know, it's like eleven thirty, I'm packing up.
Speaker 7: You're going, well, I have a.
Speaker 5: Lag in the oven for you, and I'm baking cookies, and all of a sudden, it's like, you need to take this, you need to do this, bla blah blah.
Speaker 7: And it's a whole ordeal for me.
Speaker 5: To get out of the house without my mom packing up an entire life for me.
Speaker 7: And I feel like a lot of other.
Speaker 5: Millennials have experiences, at least my algorithm shows it where it's like, you can't just leave your mom's house and she's got a million things for you.
Speaker 7: That's my dad.
Speaker 3: He's like, here's this bag of stuff that I've got for you. I'm like, I don't want this, but he always says, well, I don't want to keep you. And that's how that's how he like throws me out. If he doesn't want me around anymore, he'll be like, well, I don't want to keep you. Then hands me the plastic bag of stuff.
Speaker 1: And that's another thing. How do you get rid of the guests that stay until two o'clock? You know what, Florence, let's go ahead and get one more drink. Somebody once said, you're supposed to slap your knees and go, well, we better go to bed so these nice people can go home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, our friend Tony of the show, he hosted a friends giving for us last year, and we finish up dinner and we play a few games. He goes, well, I don't know about you, guys, but I'm about to go to bed. So you guys can ever stay here and entertain yourselves or leave.
Speaker 7: All right, We're gonna be.
Speaker 1: There is a time, you know, there is a time where it's like, you know what, I got to clean this mess up. When you leave, I get to get up and go to work tomorrow, or I'm just tired. That is, you can't make this stuff up. Brought to you by I the Leo Agency. On Katie WB, the Home of Christmas Wish. We raised thirteen thousand yesterday, thirteen eight hundred on match day with Treasure Island, so that goes up to nearly twenty eight thousand dollars, so more Christmas Wishes right up until Christmas. On Katie WB, Let's do the R brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. I thought that was cute. I saw this on the Instagram last night, and it's if the Beach Boys saying about winter rather than summer.
Speaker 2: Here we go. It does get dark by about four thirty.
Speaker 1: The good news is in another couple of weeks it'll start getting a little lighter and staying lighter longer.
Speaker 5: If you need energy to keep yourself awake when its stark at four, you can go to holiday station stores because they've got great deals, especially with Red Bull. Right now it's buy two, get one free and they are featuring their new winter edition frosted Apple flavor. So this is not necessarily a celebrity, but it is a celebrity in my mind. Someone texted in saying we haven't heard from Jenny's mom lately. Is she's still dating cool? And the update on that is that, yeah, she is still talking to the person that she was going on on dates with. However, that person has like some personal stuff going on in their life and they both work all the time and so it's been hard for them to get together.
Speaker 7: But she's hoping to maybe see him this weekend, so we'll see.
Speaker 5: But her and I did have a little chat about men and accountability recently.
Speaker 7: There's that I have a question. This is going to be a dumb question. I know your mom works in landscaping. What do you do in landscaping in the winter time?
Speaker 5: So she actually has taken up a winter landscaping sports.
Speaker 7: She does holidipods.
Speaker 5: She actually turned her entire basement into like a what looks like a Santa's workshop because she has ribbons. She built out like all of this stuff to be able to have ribbons on these I don't know, scroll things cool.
Speaker 7: And so she does that for people.
Speaker 5: And I mean she does do like clean up and stuff, but obviously now with the snow, she's not doing that. But she works almost every of the year somehow, even though she is a landscape.
Speaker 3: Get it siny, get it nice. There is an ESPN personality. His name is Stephen A. Smith, and he told people that he believes Travis Kelcey is going to retire from the NFL so he can enjoy married life with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 7: A pretty hefty prediction. Yeah, he's so young, I know, I know. Well, actually, wow, he's like thirty something.
Speaker 5: No, he's like thirty seven or thirty for the end of the career.
Speaker 2: That's not young anymore. That's old, La, How old? What's like retirement age for the.
Speaker 7: NFL on five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, like early thirties. Yes, there is.
Speaker 1: It's kind of interesting for the just kind of a sidebar, forty four year old grandfather of one may be the starting quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts because they, I guess the Colts quarterback had an injury and they don't have a big deep bench, so they got this guy who is forty four years old. He's played one season a couple of years ago, but he may be starting for the Colts this weekend. Forty four years old and the grandfather. It's kind of cool though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this guy just believes that Kelsey's going to retire and then pivot to television and do commentary, which is what a lot of you know, retired sports people do, right.
Speaker 9: Michael Stran Yeah, we all know the Frosty the Snowman classic Christmas movie.
Speaker 2: We love it. We watch it every single year.
Speaker 9: So the guy who voiced Frosty in that he died back in the eighties.
Speaker 5: But what's his name, Oh, Frosty Dave voice Frosty.
Speaker 2: We I don't know, but we looked it up yesterday. It's a name.
Speaker 1: It's not a name. That's commonly known Jackie Vernon. Jackie Vernon was like Mery Chris, that's what he said, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 9: Well, he died back in the eighties, but his son was doing an interview recently and apparently he revealed that his dad had three secret families on the side, which is nuts. And I guess you could afford that back then, because two families is a lot.
Speaker 2: One family is a lot, I'm sure.
Speaker 9: But the funniest part of the whole story is that he had so and all the different families and he named every single son.
Speaker 2: I think at least five, Ralph had five different name what all right?
Speaker 1: They came up with a list of the most annoying Christmas songs and I'm gonna count them down for you. Here we go, number nine. We're start at number nine. Paul McCartney Wonderful Christmas Time.
Speaker 7: Hate that song.
Speaker 1: I like that song, but it is kind of annoying because it just has about five words in the whole song. Every version of White Christmas, Happy Christmas by John Lennon and le Yoko Ono whoa isver and you canna hear her wailing in the background. I don't know who told Yoko she could sing, but oh my god, it's horror. I don't dislike it. Every version of Deck the Halls, every version of Baby It's Cold Outside, Burl Lives Holly Jolly Christmas the fourth most annoying Christmas song, and now we're into the top three most annoying Christmas songs of fall tame number two and the number one most annoying Christmas song of all time, at least according to this research, is I would say, probably arguably one of the most requested Christmas songs of all time too.
Speaker 7: It's annoying. I think it's great.
Speaker 2: It's catchy. Shoot up to number one every year.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Kim Kardashian has been cast in a comedy called The Fifth Wheel, and it's gonna be directed by Eva Longoria and Kim's gonna play the quote hot outsider who crashes a Vegas get together of old friends. And if she's the fifth wheel, I can already debunk that this is going to be a flop of a movie, because someone who's as hot as Kim Kardashian is never going to be the fifth wheel. She is most likely going to be the one who has a partner. She's the driver right in the group of friends and there's gonna be some other friend because isn't there wasn't there a movie that was called like the or something.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, like something like that.
Speaker 5: So it's like, you can't put Kim Kardashi in that position. But we'll see. I don't know, I'll probably watch it. It's gonna be on Netflix.
Speaker 7: I've been the fifth Wheel and multiplications. That's okay.
Speaker 3: Gwen Tefani and Blake Shelton shut down. They're split rumors with a shopping outing. So everyone in their mom was talking about them that they're getting divorced.
Speaker 7: They're splitting up after a long, long run.
Speaker 3: But now they're out grocery shopping, and so people are like, wait a second, I thought you guys were going to break up, and I guess it's never mind.
Speaker 7: They're not.
Speaker 3: They've been completely baffled by the divorce rumors, and say baffled.
Speaker 7: Baffled.
Speaker 9: Wendy Williams might be ganni at her conservatorship or I think her guardianship really soon. Here's her attorney telling you whenhen is this.
Speaker 2: There are guardianship attorneys and we're watching and waiting. They have a short Wendy by years then she'll be out of guardianship. No guardianship should feel like a sentence, and honestly, Wendy's does.
Speaker 9: Speaking of guardianships, you know what I did the other day? I went and looked up a picture of Britney Spears back in her prime or I think it was one of those things that shows you heard through the years, and man, Britney Spears through the years, it's just such a shame just to see the light in her eyes just dwindles slowly, ever so slowly, but surely, just because I'm probably her conservativeship and all the things she went through.
Speaker 1: You talk about somebody who was just a bright light when she was seventeen and just looks so happy and joyful, and you talk about a business that took her, sexualized her, used her, sexualized her, used her, and then wrung her out. I mean that is what showbiz can do to some people. I mean, I look at Ariana Grande and I don't care if it's not PC or not. Something's wrong with her. She is really struggling with something and I don't know what, but that business will take you and wring you out, especially if you're sexualized. And Ariana Grande wasn't really, but there's something amiss with Ariana.
Speaker 9: But I feel like Brittany, I don't know because I was very young. Britney seems like she kind of got forced or coerced into it. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Arianna seems like she's this is part of her plan.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, who really knows the secret? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: I think anyone in Hollywood, you don't hit ever.
Speaker 2: Know that's true. Have you heard this term yet?
Speaker 1: A psychiatrist coined it in a new book that came out this year. If you're not an extrovert or an introvert, you might be an outrovert. A what an ultrovert, and it's not a mix of the two. The term for that is an ambivert, where you're one or the other or both in certain ways, that's an ambivert, but outroverts are different. That means other. And the top sign is you're constantly feeling like an outsider, like you don't feel in, like an utrovert. So you're not an introvert or an extrovert or an ambrovert. You just don't feel like you fit in the guy who came up with it thinks he is one, and he's seen some of it in his patients too. He says ultraverts can be extremely social and well liked, they're just more about the one on one and they don't really connect with groups. He says ultroverts can be independent thinkers who are not emotionally dependent on what others think, so they're kind of renegades. He says that it might be the default setting that we're born with and we are learning through our lives to be introverts or extroverts. I think I know some people like that, and I think I know I actually good name of you that they're very outgoing, they're well loved, but they always always always worry about what people think about them. And I think if you worry too much about what people think about you, just don't.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't worry about what people think about you if you don't care what you think about them, Like I don't know if you don't like respect someone. And I think about like the trolls that we get sometimes from being in radio. It doesn't bother me because why do I care about an anonymous person saying that I'm a whore or something? I don't care?
Speaker 9: True?
Speaker 2: But I think I think that this is kind of a bold statement.
Speaker 1: I don't feel I don't care what other people think about me because I know I'm a good person. I don't worry if somebody spreading rumors like is a chronic you know whatever, or Dave is a whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't worry about it because I know I'm a good person.
Speaker 1: And I think sometimes it's a Sometimes you know that you're hiding an aspect of your personality and you're worried that other people are onto you, and that sometimes makes you feel like you're left out. And I don't care because I'm not really that I'm a good person, and I don't worry about what other people.
Speaker 5: Think if I'MONEA asked us, I think, Dave, you were like signing one of your children's books at the live podcast. They asked us after the live podcast if there was like anything that where we don't really like show on the show about ourselves, and I say that I feel like we all do a pretty good job representing who we are as people we don't like come on, turn the mice on and pretend to be someone that we're not.
Speaker 1: Like there's a lot of radio people that pretend to be wonderful people and they're really not. But they're really It's like not even radio people. There's probably people at your work. It's like Sarah gets away with everything because she's so good at pretending she's an angel, but then she's a narcissistic, backstabber, manipulator who you know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I do wonder, like what if I just moved to you know, Austria, I could be whoever I wanted to be, because no one there knows who I am.
Speaker 2: So I figured you out, then they'll figure you out.
Speaker 7: Figure me out. But at least for like a year, they want to know. I could do whatever I want. I just have to act out whatever you would do.
Speaker 2: It though you'd be like, yes, I'm the queen of Montana.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well yeah, you don't hear about it a lot because we are a very elite.
Speaker 2: Group of queens.
Speaker 7: They don't know, they don't know.
Speaker 2: You would screw it up that way.
Speaker 1: Dirt is brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law