Speaker 1: Good morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: This is Beaverville. Come on, man, I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later please, I could never know what the day with us Florida.
Speaker 3: Listen up. The Radyes just came in for last month.
Speaker 2: We are number one.
Speaker 4: We just grabbed every key demography, super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice. Fight a goo ndogay, Yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 5: It is the thirtieth day of October twenty twenty five, Halloween. E Good morning everybody. Welcome to the Patrimp Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey, and here we go. I mean tomorrow's Halloween. It's Thursday, best day of the week in man. Do we have a show for you? Hold Immoli, Ben Lieber, Fargo Flash, Tommy Olsen, Tom Pellasero and Jonathan Gernard.
Speaker 6: Football heavy on a Thursday.
Speaker 5: So much to get to, and of course lots of audio from down at TCO yesterday, so lots to get to. Don't know why we'd wait another second. Let's get us star of U from comedy.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Kevin Pollock, ask Christopher Walking greeting trick or treaters on the Power Trip Morning Show on a Thursday. Come on in now, I am glad you are here.
Speaker 7: So growing up, Halloween became my favorite holiday. I still celebrate, but because I do celebrity impersonations, it's always fun every year to figure out who I should do for the kids, you know, which is why this last Halloween, when the kids came in door to get the candy, they got Christopher walkind trick or train. That's a damn good question. Quite the conundrum, little dudes you've put forth.
Speaker 3: On this hollow's eve.
Speaker 8: Having said that my young costume, the Friend as Fate would have, I too have a question, which one are you? Can you guess what I buried under my house?
Speaker 3: Hey? Kids, where are you going? I got reciss pieces in here.
Speaker 9: Exactly what I thought.
Speaker 2: Waits sweet.
Speaker 6: On your side.
Speaker 5: As you hear the distance under this land in you strain.
Speaker 10: To take it to Let's get crooked.
Speaker 3: Lets you say it's crooked, so.
Speaker 6: Let's get crooked.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you said it's crooked.
Speaker 6: Let's get crooked.
Speaker 11: I thought, geez, we're coming right out of the gate.
Speaker 3: With Pironi's disease.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Let's get crooked.
Speaker 6: Let's get crooked.
Speaker 11: I don't want it to be crooked.
Speaker 3: He said. He likes lean.
Speaker 2: Now what he likes too lean, and that's what he wanted to be crooked.
Speaker 6: But no, all right, I.
Speaker 3: Like being lean.
Speaker 6: Isn't that what the kids say?
Speaker 11: Let's get crooked sauce, Yes, sir, Magic Genie shows up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like her.
Speaker 11: Your you know what with doles in size? Sure, but it's shaped like a boomerang.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, Right, that's the right answer.
Speaker 11: Double too, proud double so like so from four an inch and a half to three inches.
Speaker 6: I'll do the math for three sure and two inches around.
Speaker 3: Now you just have to do the twist.
Speaker 6: Let's get crooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get crooked.
Speaker 3: Would you no? Yeah, no you would. I take any help. I can get down there.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you. He just said the mouthful. That's not the right thing. What you just said? The truth? Yeah, you're speaking truthful.
Speaker 3: Beggars can't be choosers.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you're a beggar actually, ken Like you've ever seen people go through garbage cans, they look like they're not.
Speaker 3: Just taking stuff off the top. They they dig, they dig.
Speaker 6: You just made a great point.
Speaker 11: Saw a girl doing that in Vegas going through the guard and I'm like, she didn't take the thing right at the top.
Speaker 3: She was looking for something good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were like, why you being so choosy? B word. I thought it was aggressive on your part, but I understood.
Speaker 3: I actually said, I go good for you. Beggars can be choosers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're changing things.
Speaker 12: Yeah, don't settle for what's on the top of the nosh can.
Speaker 6: Yeah that was great because I love when you do that thing where you put dollar bills on strings and drag him around and make people follow you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well again, I care about health and I wanted her to get a steps in.
Speaker 6: You kept saying I get your steps in.
Speaker 3: B Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think your name was be though as to be to you. Let's get crooked. Yeah, let's get crooked.
Speaker 3: B Arthur.
Speaker 6: It's Tommy Olsen coming in. Boy, that's a hot It's Tommy Olsen coming in.
Speaker 3: As far as I know, Sure, Okay, can I gets the normal lineup?
Speaker 6: I bet? I bet he gets crooked.
Speaker 11: Tommy Olsen, Fargo Flash, Ben Leeber, Tom Peliasaro, Jonathan Garnard.
Speaker 6: You know what I've never seen, sweetheart, I've never seen a young b Arthur picture. I'm looking right now.
Speaker 2: I wonder, Oh, Paul your hands, I can answer my own question.
Speaker 3: He would sure, Yes, she's.
Speaker 11: Dead alone if he could, if he could bang any of the Golden girls, who would be his first pick?
Speaker 6: Blanche Davidian? Why because she likes sex? She gets crooked? I don't know, man, Why do you set me up like this?
Speaker 3: A young Betty White was a smoke show.
Speaker 6: Look at young b Arthur. She was in the It looks like World War One.
Speaker 3: Looks like she lost it. Oh my god, that's hawkscal.
Speaker 6: How dare you why you gotta be crooked?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Uh but I don't think I'm gonna go down the b Arthur path.
Speaker 3: No thanks in Estelle Getty.
Speaker 11: R I p oh come on, I r P. No for sure, No thanks on Rue McClanahan. I think I'm going Betty White.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Young Betty White.
Speaker 5: Just really is young b Arthur. If it is, her eyes got closer together as she got older.
Speaker 11: Oh, that's really hurts. That's a young the Arthur. It looks like she was on a bike and trying to steal my dog.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 6: How dare you did? Did I show you the wrong picture that does a cute girl.
Speaker 11: I don't know, maybe my eyesight's not that good, but I gos from doctor David Whiting, and so it's pretty good.
Speaker 6: You got crooked. It's like twenty twenty. Man, come on, let's make uh, let's get crooked work. Let's make it happen.
Speaker 3: Stop trying to make fetch happen. Yeah, stop trying to do that.
Speaker 6: Stop trying to make me fetch am.
Speaker 2: I right, we only wear pink on Wednesdays. Right, Well, you're wearing pink today, Paul.
Speaker 3: That's pretty much pink and it's Thursday. Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 6: You're the man. You know who you are, dude, Yes, you're crooked.
Speaker 3: How old was Betty White when she passed away?
Speaker 6: May I make a comment on that? By the way, didn't she she make it?
Speaker 3: Didn't she make it to one hundred?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: She didn't make it to a died on New Year's Eve twenty twenty one.
Speaker 6: I told her, you make it to one hundred, we don't get crooked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she might make it after it.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 5: Actually after I said that to her, she went ahead and just said, I'm giving up. Oh, make it to one hundred yeah, hey, sweet sweet saucy. Yeah, you stop me if this is too much information, because you were telling me a story before the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, but I want to know, do you how old are you?
Speaker 3: I'm forty three?
Speaker 6: And how old am I?
Speaker 3: Fifty five?
Speaker 6: Fifty four? I fifty five on Christs Day?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were comparing me to a lady. Yeah, and said she could have been your mom. Yeah, that's you said she was about your age.
Speaker 3: Yes, this la my mom.
Speaker 6: And hold on, hold on, hold on, I'm not done yet, not done yet.
Speaker 5: You started the conversation by saying, and I don't know if you want me to say this part, but you remember how you started the conversation. Yeah, you said, these two old ladies walked up to you, and then you said later in the conversation, she's about your age. Then you said a little bit later in the conversation, she could have been my Yeah, I do believe an eleven year old No, no, no, I.
Speaker 3: Was I mean he also knows you're from Indiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have eleven year old mothers in Indiana once.
Speaker 3: In a while. Sure, okay, yeah, no, you were right.
Speaker 13: I was taking subtle digs at you that I didn't mean too Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Apologize pretty pretty direct.
Speaker 6: I mean you were you got crooked. This is what happened.
Speaker 3: Why are you getting so crooked?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 13: These two ladies last night that were at the Initials Game Live, which was a smashing success at Maynard's.
Speaker 2: Look are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 3: What are you working for? Men?
Speaker 6: The beans?
Speaker 10: Doug?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you get proud of you man. Did you get the waffle fries? Of course? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, but good for you man, I mean that. How did the ladies play? They just hanging out?
Speaker 6: Did they have walkers because they're my age?
Speaker 3: No, they did not have walkers. Did they take.
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: These ladies were huge fans of the show.
Speaker 6: How are a regular?
Speaker 11: They take activity like Jamie Lee Curtis.
Speaker 3: They were their blood sugar and check it off.
Speaker 13: But they were asking if we would do the show on Friday. I have the information in my car. They gave me like a pamphlet about this like christ chesty, this Christmas Day thing that they do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah we're not We're not busy on Christmas.
Speaker 12: Christmas meeting somewhere, but like a Christmas do you think.
Speaker 6: Christmas Day chesty?
Speaker 2: Sure? But they they were asking if we would broadcast.
Speaker 6: He's avoiding the question.
Speaker 13: I said, yes, they were asking if we would broadcast.
Speaker 2: I think it was like the Saturday.
Speaker 6: We're asking if we would broadcast.
Speaker 3: Don't they do their own broadcast?
Speaker 6: That great point, that should be a morning show. They yeah, old broads.
Speaker 13: And I said, on tactics, Nick Madden broad and so I'm sure it's gonna three inches to get crooked.
Speaker 3: That's not even a question. No way we're getting crooked.
Speaker 2: But no, seriously, not crooked.
Speaker 3: I said, full on boomerang for three inches? No, you would not.
Speaker 12: Wasn't you have a three inch boomer give me Okay, boomerangs are ninety degrees though boomerangs are like seventy thirty degrees.
Speaker 6: What well, okay, yeah, he's right, okay, okay.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's also a skill a scrillic song. It's a skeleton that's banger rang, not boomerang.
Speaker 11: Banger raing, a banger that song he typed in banger raing.
Speaker 3: You're one of the lost boys. Yeah, I have to get Wow. Yeah, dude, that's not even that big of a curve.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll take that curve for remember we remember we was it this summer.
Speaker 11: We were trying to bet on whether or not Sauce could throw a boomerangue back to himself within X amount of time. And we were going to bet on it because I didn't like, there's no way, No, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: I was not going to figure it out. Are you?
Speaker 6: Was your story about the chesty ladies over?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah.
Speaker 13: They wanted to know if we would broadcast on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and Excelsior because Excelsior is putting on some bross no some like Christmas Day bit and uh, they needed a contact information, so I gave them Nick Madden's information.
Speaker 11: So I hope they get used to the phrase sticker shock, because that's that's gonna be the response when they find out how much it is to get the power troopboards to broadcast from their location on a Saturday.
Speaker 3: Get hold on, let me speak. Are you available?
Speaker 6: I hope to get used to the able God.
Speaker 3: God, are you available?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay? I like I like the I like the way you phrase it.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 3: Have you ever done that? Have you ever pulled it off? Like it's a magic trick? You ever pulled that one off?
Speaker 12: I sneak, I'm gonna make these fingers disappear, all of them.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, Can I please all of them? I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story, and I need all of you to stop what you're.
Speaker 3: Doing and listen. Let's make this about us.
Speaker 11: Twins manager Derek Shelton plays initials a week from tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 11: He just got hired exactly, Dereck Shelton is the the name, that is the man he'll be, I think officially announced today, but everybody in the world is going with it already that Derek Shelton is the manager, uh, former Twins bench coach and he was the Pirates manager for five years, will be the next manager of the Minnesota Twins. I assume press conference and press release and all that stuff to follow in the next day or so.
Speaker 13: But press conference I think is Tuesday, Tuesday, next week.
Speaker 11: But yeah, he's going to be on our show a week from tomorrow and make his Initials debut.
Speaker 2: He got hired yesterday.
Speaker 3: Who did this? You don't worry about it.
Speaker 13: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 11: That's we got friends and good places.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get crooked.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get crooked.
Speaker 2: You guys, that is fast.
Speaker 3: It was fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's awesome, thank you.
Speaker 2: But you guys are taking one about the new slang about having sex.
Speaker 3: Transition. I heard the other one about having it. He's saying crooked all day.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, it's called getting cracked.
Speaker 3: Getting cracked.
Speaker 6: That's not as good as crack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or the girl would say, yeah, he cracked me?
Speaker 6: Oh what girl would say that?
Speaker 2: A lot of sluts And.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I saw it on TikTok.
Speaker 11: Tommy, speaking of all your cute phrases and words and catchphrases and stuff. We had a surprisingly awesome time in Vegas. Again, we weren't sure it was going to work.
Speaker 3: Just show up, you know.
Speaker 11: We weren't sure if anybody was gonna show up. If we just said just show up and we're we're there, and it was awesome.
Speaker 14: But uh, you know, it's awesome having bonus there, Zachary, Chris me sauce. But the next time we do this Vegas year away bit, we got to roll out the red carpet. It's not the same without you, without Marnie, without Cresol. We got to get liber out there. We got to get the whole crew out. The Wayne's got to be there. I would love that. That'd be fantastic.
Speaker 6: It's not the same with we want you with us, like that's that's.
Speaker 2: My negotiation tactic, which is two people. I would love there. One has to be there.
Speaker 11: Eric said, at home is busy, so we can try to get Dove out.
Speaker 2: Well that's the case. I'm out for those reasons.
Speaker 12: Wait wait what, no, not like that.
Speaker 3: We were we were playing group slots. Yeah, sorry, group lette that you guys needed a number.
Speaker 11: We're in New York, New York, and we were all just taking terms picking a number, and then we were all trying to hit the same number at the same time. It only happened once when Zach picked thirty one and he crushed got it and it was super fun. It's fun when the whole group wins on the same number. So we're like, let's have Tommy pick a number, and you picked thirty and we lost all of our money. Yeah, that was for Mikey. That was with Mikey. Was for Mikey, good old mike good old Mikey. We did we did. We bet on twenty three ones for Dove. That lost all of our money as well. The only one we did like fifty ish spins and we only hit the number once and it was Zachary's thirty one.
Speaker 2: That's right, But then that keeps you going in another hour. That's the best part.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just want to play, you know.
Speaker 3: It was fun. Yes, God, that's fun.
Speaker 6: I just like getting crooked?
Speaker 3: Did you but you should hit one out of every thirty eight? And we were behind that pace. Yeah, yeah, we were behind that pace.
Speaker 2: Did you guys go to any nice dinners or anything like that?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I went to Raising Canes.
Speaker 6: I walked out.
Speaker 3: Can we say something?
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, you can't, buddy.
Speaker 2: It's all about so we've been talking about how I wanted to compare Johnson's with Hawk.
Speaker 3: You did, right, and then you wanted to see it.
Speaker 11: But when we talk about that, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: He just get lost in his eyes and he well, Hog's Daddy was breaking?
Speaker 3: How big it is?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I did not, No, I was you wanted to compare.
Speaker 2: No, My whole thing is talk about it.
Speaker 3: It was that was all off air.
Speaker 2: Obviously gets brought up immediately when I leave, but Saucy just goes takes a nice glance in the bath, and it's just fine.
Speaker 12: It's a good point, right you. You guys are hypocrites, very big hYP I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: And again I don't understand still in the.
Speaker 11: Vegas bathtub story, I I understand if you're point too and you're like, where's crass and you slide the door open and you realize he's in the bathtub, even if you already heard him listening to music and talking whatever.
Speaker 6: He was quicker.
Speaker 11: But once you realize the man's naked, let the man take a bath, even if you catch him out of the corner of your drunken eye. Let the man bathe in privacy, not look directly at it.
Speaker 2: You're onto something because something about interrupting guys like showering during the pregame.
Speaker 3: What excuse me? No, you know, like when you're all pregaming. Hear me out here, hear me out here. This is not trying to go down the normal alley.
Speaker 2: I usually go out if we're just having a few, a few pops in the room, getting ready, like open it, like having like the shower.
Speaker 3: It's like a whole nother vibe, like throwing him a beer. You know, it sounds so mad.
Speaker 11: It sounds like your favorite thing to do is walking on your friend's showering as a goof.
Speaker 2: And like there's musics, like there's music on you having fun. Yeah, like careless whisper. Oh no, you dropped it. Oh help, Oh I can't even describe it.
Speaker 3: But no, I can pick that mirror up. I understand what Sauce was doing, just more than Merrier.
Speaker 6: Yeah you hear you're back there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, were you knocking it around?
Speaker 6: Would he walked in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, not at that moment, But I tell you, if you'd given me about five more minutes and then slid that door open, he'd have seen some things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tommy's right.
Speaker 11: The next time we go to Vegas, that's all I get in, Like Chris's suite at Plant.
Speaker 6: In Hollywood and my bath tub.
Speaker 11: We'll all take turns showering and just for a goof, we'll just walk in on each other shower and being like you almost ready here you have a mirror, just just like pop in on a shower during the pregame.
Speaker 3: What a great bit.
Speaker 2: The most fun I ever had in Vegas so was when we had the wild Watch party in that room. Yeah remember that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we all kind of raged together. Yeah, that's when we started yelling inappropriate things.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I will say I had we had all of us. I think we had a great time in Vegas. Gonna be good time, but it ain't Vegas with Toucha Thomas. You gotta go, buddy.
Speaker 3: Do you think there'll be another trip o?
Speaker 5: Hell?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're not going back to Vegas. It's the Powerful morning show. We got things to do.
Speaker 3: It's a scheduling thing, right, that's all it comes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well it's scheduling, and honestly, I got a lot going on back here.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 11: I spent most of yesterday on my ladder cleaning out my gutters.
Speaker 3: Oh that's odd.
Speaker 13: I didn't because I have gutter helmet from Gutterhelmet mn dot com. Get gut her helmet and don't spend a second on a ladder gutter helmet mn dot com.
Speaker 3: Why didn't I just do that?
Speaker 6: Hey, we'll do that when we get back. I was roundly criticized for not using the talkback. Oh so we will start using talkbacks today.
Speaker 5: We got one specifically for Tommy that I thought was actually quiet, kind of good.
Speaker 2: Who Chris as you for not using the talkback?
Speaker 6: iHeart radio our bosses.
Speaker 3: Oh god, here we go again.
Speaker 6: Specifically, there's a guy I'm not gonna mention his name, but he's always on the drop.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: My one advice on how to do the electric slide.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to Shadow right.
Speaker 15: More of the Power triparding showfter this on man.
Speaker 6: Anyway, This is col Kingdom and name Rock. Thank you morning, Welcome back, Patrick mon Shore. Here we are lost to get you lots of football in today's show. He's back, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: J J.
Speaker 6: McCarthy I practiced yesterday and Carson Wentz talk to the the throng of reporters had a lot of things to say about everything went down with him, and started off by saying, this.
Speaker 16: Really good with the ultimate decision that we've made collectively. And you know, it's weird being done this early in the season. Been on our a couple of different times, but never this early. So that's a bummer all those things. But life's a lot bigger than this. You know, any minutes or day, I'm about to have my fourth little girl and Sergers on deck, So all the things that are so much bigger than this are really occupying my mind.
Speaker 11: In time, man, he went out of his way too to just basically say, this was my choice to stay in the game.
Speaker 3: Nobody forced me to stay in. He he he.
Speaker 11: I mean he could have if it was the opposite was true, and KOs was like, you ain't coming out. I'm not putting brosmer In Wentz could have lit him up. But it was the exact opposite. It was Nope, I was begging to stay in. I didn't want to get pulled. This was you know, I was told I couldn't hurt it worse than it already was.
Speaker 3: So my choice.
Speaker 2: What a dog?
Speaker 3: What a dog? Yeah? Good for him.
Speaker 2: Probably he's probably looking out for Broemer honestly, like he's like, I don't want to put him in a terrible spot.
Speaker 3: Like people think.
Speaker 2: It's the opposite way. I think he was trying to be like a really good leader and.
Speaker 3: It might be the last time he ever played. It might be that like, hold on, I'm gonna for one more day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's muscle it out one more time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good guy, tough guy, Yeah, tough guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great dude, Hey, you guys dressing up tomorrow?
Speaker 6: No, I probably just wear wedding normally. Wearing here you're.
Speaker 2: A dad now, yeah, I know you hate it, but like, no, I'm excited for it. What are you gonna be?
Speaker 3: Fun? I don't think I'm gonna be anything.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, man, you gotta like but like for his first his first Halloween, you're gonna be like. Man, Remember I would dressed up as Yeah I should have, but you still got a full day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a lot of the costumes were picked over.
Speaker 3: Was he was he gonna be He's gonna be a hot dog? I thought he was gonna be a boss baby. No, we couldn't come up with it.
Speaker 2: You should be just a bottle of ketchup, bottle of mustard.
Speaker 3: Good idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a real good, good idea.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be a ketch up thing and it's easy.
Speaker 2: Yeh do it, saucy.
Speaker 3: Do you know that picture?
Speaker 6: Please tell me about he's a dumb dog?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh and then you just play the hits off of Twitter for the next eighteen years of his life and you dress him out that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a dumb dog.
Speaker 2: God, that'd be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good idea. Good ideas.
Speaker 2: Are you going no where? You're handing it out? Well?
Speaker 11: Yeah? And the little one is old enough to go out on her own now.
Speaker 2: So it's a tough transition period.
Speaker 3: It's sad. It's very sad.
Speaker 2: I remember that transition period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are your point?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, do you guys you want to know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm going back to give the ghosts a speech for the game tomorrow night. So I'm going to dinner with PJ and all the guys tomorrow and then hello driving home after that, and then we're handing out candy.
Speaker 3: Is that right, I'm sting man. Yeah, we're talking what kind of a speech?
Speaker 2: I don't know, tomorrow, yes, tomorrow, like a.
Speaker 11: Five minute version or like if they want me to really you start with that I'm not a racist. It's like it's an attention grabber. Right, they'll get there, they'll set up in their chairs going, oh man, I should this guy.
Speaker 6: He's not a racist, But start with this question if you would.
Speaker 2: Last week, it used to be like breakfast like they used to do it game day, but now they moved it to the night before where it's more relaxed. So they do like one captain that comes back every game. So they asked me to do it this game.
Speaker 3: So we'll see. I don't know you, I don't know what I'm going to talk.
Speaker 6: You need to put your leg up on on something like like the captain.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I get hammered off captain. So that's a little risky. They might see ball. You look confused.
Speaker 11: So he's talking about Captain Morgan, not Captain Billy Hildebrand or.
Speaker 6: No, I'm talking about both.
Speaker 3: He's talking about one and the other.
Speaker 6: Boat Captain Billy in those short shorts.
Speaker 2: Even Captain Billy he's a horny bastard.
Speaker 6: He's crooked.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know. Yeah he might. I mean he spends a lot of time with other men in a boat.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so yeah, oh yeah, I gets after Oh yeah, he's a duck blind says.
Speaker 2: Well, I told you guys, says is being kid Rock a little dicey now with what's going on, But the costume was bought.
Speaker 3: Things are already moving forward.
Speaker 11: So yeah, and again we went through this conversation a couple of weeks ago, and I believe she said, Hey, I'm gonna be kid Rock for Halloween, And she asked you, is this going to be triggering?
Speaker 3: Is this too controversy? And you're like put on.
Speaker 2: The marrot, give that long hair off, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's try and find out.
Speaker 2: But she wants me to be Sheryl Cross, so it's like really going either way.
Speaker 6: My god, dud, dreams come true a little bit more? Can we be a little more on the money.
Speaker 2: It's working all great, but I just don't know, like dressing as a girl a little weird, that's not my thing?
Speaker 3: Why are you winking? No, it's not it's not not me. I don't like doing it, not me, not me. But so I'm trying to figure out what to be.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking maybe Toby Keith on him rip.
Speaker 3: Man, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Because it's like she's gonna be a kid rock AMRCA, the whole thing, and she's like why not to like kind of.
Speaker 3: Goes, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Well, you only have twenty four hours now. Yeah, it sounds like you're.
Speaker 6: Trying to figure a lot of things out.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it sounds like you're a little loss there, buddy. The Taylor and Travis thing was great. Yeah, Hey, Randy, are there any other power.
Speaker 6: Couples justin Trudeau and Katy Perry that could work?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Prime Minister of Canada. Sure, yeah, I don't know that they're a thing they sure are.
Speaker 6: You got to read the news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on the news, man, Yeah.
Speaker 6: They're they're everywheres justin Trudeau. Yeah. Man, he hasn't been to space yet. Neither has she really. No, you guys for that she did something you ain't done.
Speaker 3: No, uh yeah, space.
Speaker 13: Hot ass. Randy is convinced any video of space is fake. All videos of space, people in space, it's all fake.
Speaker 6: Does he think space doesn't exist?
Speaker 11: No, he believes in space, but he thinks that all videos of people in space are fake.
Speaker 2: He lives a horrible life. He lives a pretty good life.
Speaker 11: So just out of curiosity, so he looked this up on his phone, which uses satellite technology, and those satellites are where.
Speaker 3: No, not that stuff, but like people in space fake.
Speaker 11: But my point is, so we can get a satellite up into space, but no person.
Speaker 2: Has Hey, hey, just a messenger.
Speaker 12: What about the dog or whatever they send up there? They do dog.
Speaker 3: Group to represent the police.
Speaker 6: Did you take that hot dyang who makes the food up there?
Speaker 12: Didn't the Russians send somebody or like an animal up there or something like?
Speaker 11: Yeah, bubbles bubbles. Yeah, I don't know Michael Jackson's happened.
Speaker 13: I know Randy listens to the podcast and now he's gonna text me and be mad, just like make things up about.
Speaker 2: What a hot ass? How that starts as good looking?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, thought there might.
Speaker 11: Be a different way to hear the other story.
Speaker 3: Mike, something up Paying Sports next.
Speaker 6: I forgot to play the damn Oh no, we'll do that during front Pay Sports, I promise.
Speaker 3: All right, Cheryl Crow is here. This is the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 2: More after this on the fan.
Speaker 12: We all remember that one teacher made a difference, who believes that us, challenge us or just made learning fun. Now is your chance to say thank you in a big way. With Iheartradios, Think a Teacher. It's powered by donors. Choose nominated out standing public school teacher who's got a pump and beyond for their students, who win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the educators shaping our future. Nominate your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 2: Well said, Zachary, how long are you gonna talk?
Speaker 11: Welcome back to the Power to morning Joe, it's Thursday, which means Tommy Olsen's over there. Ben Lebron is wiyhing Fargo flashing a second or two, John Wan Gernard later, Tom Pellow, Sarah later a lot of football today, football on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: That's okay though, Oh no, guys have story time over there.
Speaker 6: But not nothing big nothing battle.
Speaker 5: You sorry, Johnny Holmes?
Speaker 6: What it like?
Speaker 12: I said, I'd take like an one hundred and fifteen degree angle to add some size down there?
Speaker 3: Would you?
Speaker 2: Every every ten years you take off your body, you added it off your life. You add an inch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no chance? Ten years?
Speaker 6: No, great man, fifty four years old, So I'm gonna love to be fifty five right.
Speaker 2: At like six like no, when I was like in sixth grade, I'm take yes, actually hundred yeah, because living to sixty even at that point feels like an eternity.
Speaker 3: Once she get to forty.
Speaker 11: Five, you realize, oh man, I got like thirty years left and this thing's over.
Speaker 2: Well the other thing was all my friends had monsters and I was sitting there around like not like it was.
Speaker 6: How how did not how does he know? Do you think? Don't answer? How do you think he knows.
Speaker 11: I mean probably just randomly pregaming and checking in on some showers.
Speaker 6: Pregame the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Correct, let's page before we do the talk bag. Oh god, the talk back for chat Abbott. How do we do the talkback thing?
Speaker 3: Zecho?
Speaker 12: Well, you just open up the iHeartRadio app and click on the old microphone when you're listening to the fan yep, and you can have up to thirty seconds to say whatever the.
Speaker 3: Hell you want.
Speaker 1: This is ron real Royal. I got a question for Tommy. I was out at the bar down down last night. No lighty comes up to me and he said, yay, wrong, you got time to get out there and get it gone with me, cause you look like you like riding a cowboy. And now I said, I don't know, ma'am. Now here's the thing. This lady mother been eight feet doll. She might have been in her late seventies.
Speaker 3: Dumb man. My question is.
Speaker 1: How old is too old for wrong Reynolds to get busy with.
Speaker 3: I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 6: Long time listener, big fan of meat sauce.
Speaker 3: Hope, bye go.
Speaker 6: I'd look back to talk back. Thank you. There you go, chat. I hope you like it. What's your answer? How old is too old for Ron Reynolds to get it.
Speaker 3: On with U? Seventy five? So he's in the clear.
Speaker 6: Okay? Goodness.
Speaker 11: That guy was a perfect combination of Bigfoot, hunter guy and sling.
Speaker 6: Blade Wait do you hear the question? He asked later from sure?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 11: Why am I forgetting that guy's name? The Bigfoot? Tim Peeler, Tim Peler, Thanks, Tim Peeler, and sling Blaze exactly the combination of Ron Reynolds.
Speaker 6: Listen, I do what I'm told you want talk backs. We're gonna have talk.
Speaker 3: Yes, love it great.
Speaker 2: Get here's the Cariboo Guy.
Speaker 6: No, No, he's the listless tim play.
Speaker 13: Tim Peeler was the guy that would call nine one one and tell him he saw Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, six fingers on each hand.
Speaker 6: He has beautiful, beautiful hair, he's crooked, and.
Speaker 11: He basically asked, can I will I get in trouble if I shoot this beast?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's exactly what he says. Good question, I shoot?
Speaker 2: Can I shoot big Foot if I see Himyeah?
Speaker 12: Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 11: Holiday Station Stores, for a limited time, get three red bulls for the price of two buy two, get one free. However you want to say it, that's what happens. You buy two, you get one for those eight and a half ounce there's mix and match the flavors you want to Red Bull at holiday.
Speaker 6: Thanks about that, Ron Reynolds, and Royalton goes to that Royalty holiday.
Speaker 3: Great, probably, Thank.
Speaker 6: You Ron Reynolds for the comment.
Speaker 3: Thanks Ron Reynolds. Double your age plus seven, roun.
Speaker 5: Double your age plus seven so I can date somebody who's one hundred and eighth No, wait, plus seven, one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 6: Man, that really opened some things up for me.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 11: The Minstta Twins are hiring Derek Shelton as their next manager. He is fifty five years old. So those old ladies that you met, yeah, they were like Dereck Shelton's age. Yeah, could have been your mother.
Speaker 6: Yeah you got a member. By the way, let's say it again, that's not my childer you sweet Pete.
Speaker 3: No, I know I want to eleven twelve years older. I wasn't trying to be me. You're in that. You're old as hell. They were the ones that asked me if I would do it. Do you know I was thinking.
Speaker 2: About affair that would lead into the Golfer's Badgers game, so you can pregame for Grimmer lead us right into the game.
Speaker 11: Sticker shock. I think I client over there and do it for free.
Speaker 6: Oh they were chesting.
Speaker 11: Derek Sheldon's the next Twins manager. He was the bench coach for the Twins in twenty eighteen. In twenty nineteen, that was the Molitor Baldelli overlap, so he did one year with Mallitor, one year with Baldelli. Then he was the Pirates manager from twenty twenty until this year.
Speaker 6: He's six months older than me. Yep, he's already been a major league manager once and now he's going to be again. Yeah, all I do is talk about chesty ladies.
Speaker 3: You sure do? Well?
Speaker 6: You know where do you think he's going to live in my basement?
Speaker 3: When you live downtown in like a penthouse.
Speaker 11: Or maybe north Man craft watching imagine watching the sure But yeah, so I was reading his Wikipedia page. He was like a minor leaguer with the Yankees. Yep, played forty played forty something games. It was hitting like three forty, and then had career ending elbow in or surgery in an injury. So again he'll be on this show from tomorrow, he's playing Initials and he'll be on the Power Trip on November seventh.
Speaker 2: Week from tomorrow. We can ask him about that.
Speaker 11: I wonder if he had ridiculously high hopes, like I wonder if his ceiling was the Majors. He was off to a monster start, probably hitting three forty or something like that through forty six games.
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 11: That's really even if it's single a who cares. That's what your job is, right, Moving on up. Yeah, if he asks.
Speaker 2: You, guys seriously, seriously, he goes, where would you guys live me? What would you tell him?
Speaker 3: It's got to be on the West Side. No, it doesn't.
Speaker 11: It's got to be pretty close to the Annolis the right answers Downtown.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm looking to see if he has kids, and he does. I don't know how the o they are, but someplace like where you can walk to the field, that would be just so coo.
Speaker 13: My guess is there's somebody who used to play for the team that has a penthouse down there that they just rent out to the next player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can just get to know all the players that are on the squad because they won't be there for long they're going to have like empty houses and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and print cash. So like, yeah, I think of like the penthouse at like the Four Seasons or something.
Speaker 5: I want a closer walk in that. I want to live above that strip club right outside Target Center.
Speaker 3: There. There used to be one right there is.
Speaker 2: Right not usually be one next to Target Field though, what is that oneidas?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no probs, talk about the vo.
Speaker 2: No, there was one in between the VO and there.
Speaker 3: Like knobs, no probs.
Speaker 6: That's name my new record.
Speaker 3: Anyway, congrats to Derek.
Speaker 6: That's awesome, man, that's great. Right now. They currently live in a place called Treasure Island, Florida.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, that's north of Saint Pete Beach, the next beach up.
Speaker 11: Of course, you know where. Treasure Island, Florida.
Speaker 2: Is unbelievable best, that's the best place in the world.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh my.
Speaker 5: God, Tomas, you and I need to go to Key West and just get lit up and.
Speaker 3: Just let's go on that one week.
Speaker 6: We want to be just the way we want to live.
Speaker 11: I mean, christ you willing to addresses kid rock.
Speaker 3: Great all time, all time. God.
Speaker 11: Hey, the Toronto Blue Jays are on the brink of a World Series Championship. They beat the Dodgers six to one. What they are up three games?
Speaker 6: Too serious?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I thought it was gonna be a runaway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my guy told you. Yes.
Speaker 2: It's almost like it's his job, right.
Speaker 13: Bud Cory's was like, hey, if you can get the Dodgers plus two hundred or more, take them.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what, And you did? Hammer? Sure, I did not. I thought you said you did, and I did not for the first game. For the no, I never made it that far.
Speaker 12: Come in.
Speaker 2: I had because I remember walking with you and you.
Speaker 17: Go if he says, so, I should probably do it. So I thought you were gonna do it. Oh man, I thought you should take the Dodgers. Who's going to take the Blue Jays? He told him before game was take take the blue Jays if you can get him at plus two hundred or better?
Speaker 2: Has lad He've been playing pretty good?
Speaker 3: Another home run last nighter eight. I love him.
Speaker 6: I thought it was a foregone conclusion that the Dodgers are going to kill him.
Speaker 3: They were heavy favorites. But that's why.
Speaker 11: Apparently there was some value if you getting met two to one or better. So a twenty two year old rookie named trey Ya Savage. Who is I think I know? How about that? How about this story? Started the year at single A. He made his major league debut September fifteenth, yeahs. And last night a World Series rookie record twelve strikeouts for Toronto. He just lit it up. Yeah kids, twenty two. Started this season at single A. Now he's slinging it in the World Series and he's on the brink of a title.
Speaker 3: And what a bounce back if you're the Blue Jays.
Speaker 13: After you lose that eighteen in game, then you have to go back to the ballpark in like twelve hours and you've won two straight now, like unlike it should have been over most teams would have just collapsed.
Speaker 3: Not the Blue Jays.
Speaker 11: They're on the verge of winning the World Series against the most expensive team in baseball. And like we talked about with Ben Maller a week ago, the what it was it something like ninety nine, two thousand and two thousand and one, something like that Yankees one three in a row. We haven't had a back to back winner in Major League Baseball in almost twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Yep. So the Dodgers something like that almost twenty five.
Speaker 11: Something like that, So we're twenty The Dodgers are trying to do it, but the Blue Jays are trying to keep that streak.
Speaker 3: Going form twenty five.
Speaker 2: Did you see Johns?
Speaker 3: Did you go to the theater? Not this time, but I went last year. The theater was sick. So good.
Speaker 11: Now I'm going to go see you Back to the Future because it's back in the theater and I never saw it. I was five years old when that movie came out. I've never seen it in theater.
Speaker 3: When are you going?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Why? I love you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I agree?
Speaker 3: How do you want to go? We should all go together.
Speaker 2: I was gonna take my girls. What about Christmas at course this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You just have a lot of good ada the girls home.
Speaker 6: We shall go together. I mean, let's just get her started.
Speaker 3: We can do Christmas at my house. Actually, sure, let's have a Christmas party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like ugly sweater or like, what are we thinking dress up?
Speaker 6: How about how about ugly thongs?
Speaker 2: See, now these are the questions we need to be asking.
Speaker 18: Ugly thongs just list Yeah, that's not the worst idea, okay, because you could just have like everybody with like the whole exposed g string meet a whale tail.
Speaker 2: Remember remember back in the day when you when you sell your first whale tale at school?
Speaker 3: Son of a bitch.
Speaker 6: I've told Saucy this story before, but there's a whale tale story I have. Yeah, yeah that I can't get it out of my mind. I think about it about once a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when was that like in and then is it not still in?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, but it's just like.
Speaker 11: Like nineties and our think early two thousands I think was the top of the whale tail.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 12: It was a teacher social studies teacher middle school.
Speaker 6: What was his name?
Speaker 12: She actually and she u I won't say her name, but you remember roots the show whatever, like the.
Speaker 3: Where is this going?
Speaker 12: So there was there's nudity in like the first episode, right, okay, and so she would cover it up with the pieces of paper.
Speaker 3: Thank god, that's where the story was, okay.
Speaker 12: Yeah, But as she was doing this, as she was had to extend in her and so really was covering up the nudity. But then had a whole new real.
Speaker 3: Life long Yes, did you watch Romeo and Juliet in high school? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you see you see some you see some zonkers in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 11: That gown just died this year. We did that story.
Speaker 3: Just a stroke.
Speaker 11: No, the gal that famously got naked in that Romeo and Juliet movie that was shown across the country for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Was that a part of the curriculum.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know if if your teacher missed stretchitude. I don't know her at all. I'll tell you what I like to think. She did that on purpose, guaranteed. I think.
Speaker 5: I don't think that she was trying, you know, to uh you know, well, yeah, she was trying to do that. She wasn't trying to get in anybody's pants, but she liked the idea that it was like.
Speaker 6: What I mean, that's what I like to think.
Speaker 3: I tell you've been in that class.
Speaker 13: You would have to go on to the nurse from vomiting and Zack.
Speaker 2: That might have been a really good first test.
Speaker 11: Like right after that when the bell rang about fifteen kids are like, ex give me a minute.
Speaker 3: And you were like right out in the hallway walk.
Speaker 11: Going like why is everybody sitting in their desk?
Speaker 3: Have a bunch of notes on the movie. We watched What am I missing.
Speaker 2: What really matters is next to.
Speaker 11: No not missus, stretchy dude or whatever her name is.
Speaker 9: What was.
Speaker 11: More of the Powers Morning Show after this on the van, Welcome back.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen, please stay alone.
Speaker 3: So the one only.
Speaker 6: JJ McCarthy just finished up a great practice.
Speaker 19: Felt like there was a lot that you know, we did well, a lot that we got to improve on this week, and you know, got a tremendous opportunity in front of us against a divisional opponent, really tough opponent. You know, they've done a lot of great things this year and it'll be great to see where we stack.
Speaker 3: Up against them.
Speaker 19: And uh, you know, we're just really focused on attacking each and every day and making.
Speaker 3: Sure we're prepared as possible.
Speaker 19: Going into this one on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Ye speaking of that, JJ, how's your ankle?
Speaker 3: Ready to go?
Speaker 19: I feel like myself again. I feel like I, you know, have those mobility things I was concerned about, you know going into last week in the prior weeks.
Speaker 2: So yeah, ready to go.
Speaker 5: Now For people like Corey who questioned your toughness, why didn't you go last week?
Speaker 6: Felt close?
Speaker 19: You know, at the end of the day, it was still a couple of things where I felt like my foot was in concrete, and you just don't want to be in that position, especially you know, going into a Thursday game or Saturday or Sunday game.
Speaker 3: It really doesn't matter what game and when. It is just not.
Speaker 19: Being able to move the way I want to and protect myself as the biggest concern.
Speaker 5: We've got a bunch of tough football players in here right now, Ben, Tommy, they're all over there. Yeah, what do you think of those answers?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 6: You excited?
Speaker 15: I mean, pretty standard. I mean, there's nothing like earth shattering there, I think, But.
Speaker 3: I don't know, what did you think? It sounds like pretty normal.
Speaker 15: Line Like I'm not gonna say anything, like you know, they're of course, you know every week you can prepare as hard as possible and be as prepared as you can go into a football game. I mean, it's revealing that he felt like his his ankle was still in concrete last morning.
Speaker 6: But yeah, well let's see that's the quest why. I mean maybe maybe you know what, maybe if we go to talk back because they Chad Appan has you know, he wants to gay Let's see.
Speaker 1: This is for you Ben, This is Ron Reynolds from Royalton. Yeah, I got a question for a labor Ben Carson Wentz is a tough guy. Ain't out there his arm and hanging off his shoulder, and now he got a broken bone and every bone is broken, and that he's out there just gritting her, giving her hell.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Jay J.
Speaker 1: McCarthy hanging out on the sofa, ain't playing for nothing. Got a bit of a hangnail. So I'm wondering, did he not want to play? Is he not a tough guy? Because you gotta be a tough guy to play this game. Are we worried about how tough is? That's something we should be concerned about. You gotta be dumb. Got oh, hang up and listen? Long time listener, big fan of mates.
Speaker 11: A couple of things about I can feel the ratings increasing already. And number two, I don't believe Ron understands that the whole hang up and listen thing doesn't make a lot of sense when you're leaving a talk.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but Chan's right talkback is a oh.
Speaker 3: Man, it's the teacher for sure. Thing is Ron as a hangdown?
Speaker 6: We discuss that but let's ask this question.
Speaker 11: If you look at all like the major successful media spots, not like what Joe Rogan and SmartLess and Armchair Expert, they all use the talkback. Yeah, that's what they do, Like y uses it, Oh Howard all the time. The only way to win is to have a talkback on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: Right, Ron Reynolds, for Royalton's question, please man.
Speaker 3: Or call back?
Speaker 15: Was he was he talking on the phone as he was keeping gonna have number two work for what was?
Speaker 3: Wow? Like his whole speech was constipated. Do you question McCarthy's toughness.
Speaker 15: Yeah, this guy hit it right on the head. Yeah, he really knows ball. He knows what he's talking about. And why does Royalton sound like it's in like the deep south of Alabama?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 11: And also again it's not a great sign even though like all of our metrics for the Power Trap morning shows show that we're pretty big, which is good, right, it's a good thing we're a big show. Not great that the only person even talkbacks is Ron Reynolds.
Speaker 3: He's the only one that's that technology, not the.
Speaker 6: Only one that left it. I just found the best one that's a good question.
Speaker 3: So the best ones are him twice and he loves me, so I'll listen. Is it related to uh, what's his name? Larry Rends? Yes, it's a good question.
Speaker 6: But you can't do That's the thing about the talk back because I can't ask him.
Speaker 2: You can't talk back because he hangs up and listens.
Speaker 3: To meet Sauce.
Speaker 2: His grandpa, Burt was a good looking cat.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 9: To talk.
Speaker 11: Oh great, live oh man, anyway, talk about tough guy stuff.
Speaker 3: I really have to answer that.
Speaker 6: No, No, not at all. No, it was a comment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, let's let's do what really matters, and then we can get into all this other garbage as well, scores and stats around the world of sports. In between, Crystal, change your life with something else. Thanks, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: That's what really matters, right.
Speaker 11: Lions star Aiden Hutchinson, Ben Leeber and Justin Canzimius and Tommy Olsen agreed to a four year, one hundred and eighty million dollar extension, proving yet again that the salary cap as a myits you can sign whoever you want to whatever you want. They just sign everybody in Detroit and they have no problem anyway, one hundred and forty one million guaranteed. That is the most ever. The one forty one is the most ever for a non quarterback in terms of guarantee heed money. His forty five million a year is second most on an annual average, behind Micah Parsons forty six and a half. So you could argue either way it's either the biggest or second biggest contract in non quarterback history.
Speaker 3: Wow wow. I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I think he deserves it. Oh yeah.
Speaker 15: I mean he's a foundational player on anybody's defense.
Speaker 3: And he's twenty five.
Speaker 2: Now your time to rest. Is he having a huge year and as you've been breaking down the game.
Speaker 3: Six sacks? But uh yeah, I'm disruptive. Yeah, that's that's the thing.
Speaker 15: I mean, like there's this whole like Metris what is the chaos factor or something like that. There's like this theory yes, yeah, yeah, you know the amount of disruption that he causes in the in the run game, and just the way that you have to pay attention to him, Like if you're an offensive coordinator, you can turn on the tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah you one hundred percent.
Speaker 15: I don't care if he walks away from the previous game with no sacks, You're like, we have to stop this guy. Like we are slighting air protection, we're putting the running back over there, We're doing something, and these critical down and down in the gott of habits.
Speaker 3: You got to pay attention to Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 15: So, yes, his his like chaos factor is off the charts, all effort all the time.
Speaker 3: That's like the best compliment you can get, I know.
Speaker 15: And yeah, well, yeah, I guess I'm kind of like blending the motor with try hard guy.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, I know, I know. So my mind went to try hard.
Speaker 2: Guys like that, like the fake pump up guy. Guy sucks.
Speaker 15: We know a lot of guys that gave this guy gives a lot of effort. Now his his actual skill isn't very good. Esfortunately, us white guys got a lot, you know. Yeah, big motor guy, hard guy, tough.
Speaker 6: Yeah that was me. I swear it was.
Speaker 3: The truth.
Speaker 6: Stop, never stopped, and I would have filled the water bottles, played nose guard, or driven the bus.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 6: Yes, freshman year, I played center and I had no talent.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this that mattered.
Speaker 6: Frost finally hit the Twin Cities. By the way, the Twin Cities logged one hundred ninety nine frost free days this year, mark usually only seen in Kansas City, one of the longest growing seasons on record.
Speaker 5: But it's over, Johnny, it's over. We got some frost, so it's finally happening.
Speaker 6: There, let's rock.
Speaker 3: The high tomorrow was forty five.
Speaker 2: When I get up the smart really foggy that way.
Speaker 15: Well, I can't say because this it's a surprise for Twin City's lives, so I can't see. I'll basically just wear whatever I'm wearing, twinst just wear home.
Speaker 3: That's typically what I speaking of.
Speaker 11: Speaking of Twin City's live, we had Audrey Martin on yesterday, who was on your show on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Pa made a brief appearance.
Speaker 11: Technically on Tuesday as well, because his photo popped up when Lisa was on right correct, So end of the show yesterday with Hawk was on the.
Speaker 6: He was the very first picture of the very good points no big deal.
Speaker 11: So so end of yesterday's Power Trie Morning show, Pa is walking in Audre's there, Pa is sitting here or whatever, and uh, Pa admitted He's like, hey, I don't get a chance to see Twin City's live a lot, but you did a really good job, and.
Speaker 2: He goes man, Ben is really good at that job.
Speaker 11: And then all of us basically said, how good Ben Leeber and Elizabeth Reesa are on TV? And it made me think, what is it like to be universally respected and liked because most of us are not used to that.
Speaker 20: Everybody in this room is yeah, yeah, not that, no, not in the kid.
Speaker 11: But we all quickly agreed, were like, it's sickening how good you are pretty much everything.
Speaker 3: We gotta find something you suck at again. That's why I love when, like, I guess sex.
Speaker 15: How about gambling? I'm not very good again? Yeah I know, but the season is not over.
Speaker 3: I mean you're really going to wait. All of you guys are out.
Speaker 2: I think that was a rip. I don't know, Yeah, I mean Fargo.
Speaker 6: Still, I think I'm in gambling.
Speaker 2: It's been a tough fall for you.
Speaker 15: You know, like three weeks ago are like long season bet with K State in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: It felt like I should just pay you now. Now it's going to come and now it's going to come down to the wire. It's gonna be I forget though. Are including the Bowl game or no? No, we can't include the bull games? Just the regular season? Yeah it is, it is?
Speaker 2: Ye what are you at where it's three three states? Surgeon?
Speaker 3: Right now? You can't this weekend the Gophers of Michigan State.
Speaker 2: What's funny about the games?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Give them?
Speaker 11: Get him ready? More of what really matters after this is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 6: If I ever accidentally leave the microphone on and I turned around and like it's the break is over, and I look and my microphone has been on, I will just get up, walk over and jump out that way for sure.
Speaker 3: Everybody's fired. Right, Oh, it's over.
Speaker 2: At that conversation started, I know, I like the lights on up here.
Speaker 3: We turned him up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you know.
Speaker 3: As recorded these days.
Speaker 5: That's right, Derek Shelton's checking out the morning show this morning. I find out what he's getting himself into next week.
Speaker 6: What do I mean by that? Corey, you didn't hear what I said.
Speaker 3: I was reading something, but you said something about Derek Shelton.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Why would Derek Sheldon be checking out the Power Trip Morning.
Speaker 11: Show because he's on initials next Friday. That man, we got we got some cool friends. But anyway, Yeah, Derek Shelton, the new Twins manager, will be on the Power Tip Morning Show a week from tomorrow, so make his Power Trip debut in his initials debut. Our sources say, and I say our because Sauce and I have the same source. Our sources say, he's a great dude. Right, tough task. You still have the pole ads, you still have all the problems that Baldelli dealt with him whatever, and that Derek's going to have to deal with. But our sources say he's a great dude and everybody's gonna love him as a guy. Now, we just got to hope he figures it out on the field, right, But I guess he's an easy gadda cheer for him.
Speaker 3: We'll find that out next Friday.
Speaker 6: I bet you know.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he's just glad to be getting a great job. He's excited about it. But I bet he'd like to just one time get a chance to manage a real good team.
Speaker 13: Yeah, because Pittsburgh has been terrible, the bright spot of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: Years and yeah, yeah, and I'm looking at their record just like he was. It almost looked like he was set up to fail from the beginning there.
Speaker 3: Well, they spend less money than the twins.
Speaker 6: I know, but they have the best uniforms and the stadium. I've heard his office Pittsburgh Pirate uniforms.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, there look pretty class. Their class.
Speaker 2: What movie is that? In the baseball stadium?
Speaker 3: It starts well, the League of their own?
Speaker 2: No, no, sniper an he's sniping at the Pirates. Yeah, what I want to say, it's a Pittsburgh stadium, I do.
Speaker 3: Is it three rivers? Is that they call it? That's what they used to call it.
Speaker 2: They lost in.
Speaker 11: A parking grog And oh, you're thinking of enemy at the gates? No, I'm not. He starts at the Pirate stadium. Is it Reacher? Is it Jet Reacher Part two?
Speaker 6: Reach around where he actually goes.
Speaker 2: Round to That's what he was just talking about him here.
Speaker 1: No, you know what I'm talking about yourself?
Speaker 2: You're talking about Sleepless in Seattle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you talking about You've got male Toy story three? I think it's Reacher.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, is this the uh? I think I know what you're talking Is this Blue versus Gray? The Civil War documentary.
Speaker 6: Is this the movie Sniper Ali was a good great?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: People loved it, right.
Speaker 11: Did he win an Academy Award Champion?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Yeah, Hummed Ali is sweet, very inspirational.
Speaker 2: No, you guys, I'm telling this, we believe you.
Speaker 6: He is good. It's does he thinking about the Joker or the dude?
Speaker 2: I mean darth Ward Dark Knight rises.
Speaker 3: Yea looking up to Sam help us.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, guys, it's a fantastic I think it's Reacher.
Speaker 3: I truly do.
Speaker 2: That's very possible because it sounds like none of us have seen it. You guys never seen Jack Reacher. No, I have Tom Cruise ten out of ten.
Speaker 6: The only problem that everybody had with them. The reason he never did another Reacher film is because the Reacher character is supposed to look like the guy who plays Reacher now and Tom Cruise is five to one abduction.
Speaker 3: No. No, but they did make her Reacher too. She's out of my league. Jack Reacher's film.
Speaker 2: There is Reacher.
Speaker 6: Nice job, dude.
Speaker 2: Reacher too has Robert Trubowski from How I Met Your Mother. So Reacher is in this scene is at Pirates Stadium. So the scene starts and he's just picking people off from across.
Speaker 11: Not Derek Shelton. Hopefully he's under manager. We need him. Yeah, we're gonna like that guy. Like it's gonna be great. I mean, how cool that you guys got him before he's only officially announced on the Initials. Well we got people, man, Yeah, you guys do got some reach.
Speaker 3: I know what's cool?
Speaker 11: I think I can say this. We had him booked before we knew who it was. What, Yeah, come on grab that guy. And yeah, they basically just said, like whoever we hired. It was basically, hey, can can the next manager play Initials on Friday?
Speaker 3: We're like sure, of course.
Speaker 2: So we didn't even know who it was. We just agreed sight unseen. Hey what if so I got a chance to talk to Peage tomorrow? Yeah, hell yeah if Page wants to play.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's like probably.
Speaker 2: The most famous initial guy in Minnesota. PJ. Well, PJ Lambert over there, Jeffrey Lambert. I think it'd be fantastic if he came.
Speaker 3: It'd be great, would love PJ.
Speaker 2: Let's see if I can sell see if we got skip the whole like motive.
Speaker 11: Five minutes speech and just do it just flip.
Speaker 3: And play initials with the team.
Speaker 11: The team my speech. Yeah, it was the North Dakota hockey team. Did you see that a couple of weeks? I think it's North Dakota. It's not North Dakota State. I think it was North Dakota. Yeah, apparently they like a team meeting and we're playing. Initially, it was awesome. They tweeted it out. It was sick.
Speaker 3: That thing's a monster. Core, you should be real proud of yourself. Thanks, But I mean that's not talking about your game either. So we're talking about your Yeah, did you host in the shower with Core? Now we're talking to pre games.
Speaker 6: He's going to see all of them from I'm like.
Speaker 3: Collect them all many.
Speaker 2: I guarantee Ben, Ben gets what I was saying, and just both of them do I doubt.
Speaker 3: I bet they did. You guys hear his pregame shower.
Speaker 2: Earlier on like a bachelor party or like a pregaming to go out in college. Okay, and you're drinking, right, buzz, having fun, hotel room, right, boys are showering, right, everyone taking road to shower and like shaving and like yeah, but then you got beers going. There's something about the energy in the BATHROOMND, that's so it's like it's higher energy in there.
Speaker 3: It is so you.
Speaker 11: Guys all can relate to walking throwing a beer into a guy showering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are these guys made it weird? And I'm just trying to make it throwing a beer in the shower like hand like he grows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys, you guys haven't done that.
Speaker 2: I and man, it's hard to stop doing it.
Speaker 11: Football and military mentality when it comes to these dudes and showers.
Speaker 2: I just it's so foreign. I just didn't I never lived.
Speaker 3: No, not even it's not even that.
Speaker 15: It's not so much that, at least from where I'm picking this up from Tommy, Like having a shower beer, you just don't do.
Speaker 3: You've never done sun a shower beer.
Speaker 11: No, And if I did, I definitely wasn't thrown one by another guy going hey, buddy, keep this thing.
Speaker 3: I guess, I guess, I'm I'm kind of with you. I don't.
Speaker 15: I don't remember a time where like somebody's handing me a beer as I'm in the shower.
Speaker 3: That's a shame.
Speaker 15: But but the idea, but the idea of like dudes is kind of getting ready. You're in the shower, you take your a little bit, you take your own beer, your drink into the shower.
Speaker 3: That's like music still on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 2: Getting naked.
Speaker 15: That's when you know, like you're getting ready for a party, like you're not just going to want to date night with your wife, like you're getting ready to go out right in the strip.
Speaker 2: Or going to Nashville or something.
Speaker 15: You don't want to waste any time, Like you have five minutes to shower.
Speaker 3: That's that's drinking time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Benny, Benny.
Speaker 3: I needed that.
Speaker 11: The Minnesota Golden Gophers host Michigan State on Saturday at two thirty right here in the fan. The Gophers coming off a terrible lost iiO where they got absolutely boat raised, right sauce five to three, I'm sorry, five and three hours. The Golden Gophers the Michigan State Spartans are three and five.
Speaker 3: They are zero and five in the Big Ten.
Speaker 11: Drake lindsay this year ten touchdowns, six interceptions, felt like about.
Speaker 3: Ninety of them against Iowa last week.
Speaker 11: All right, so flash, what did you see in the actual game itself?
Speaker 3: What went wrong? Outside of everything?
Speaker 21: I think we just look overwhelmed. I mean, we just look overwhelmed, unprepared. I think again you're seeing there's a weakness in the trenches. Offensively, we just couldn't get much going. I didn't love the offensive game plan.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 21: I think that's a little bit Minnesota, a little bit Iowa. We needed to not ram the ball inside. We weren't going to run the football in Iowa, dude, And so offensively couldn't find an identity. And then defensively, Iowa had just had a great game plan. They had they schemed well, they went right down the field and scored. And so that you know, defensively, again that kind of starts up front. That front six was pretty soft. And then I hate to say it, but even on special teams like dude, you don't punt to a big time return guy.
Speaker 2: You just don't punt to him. So that execution was poor.
Speaker 21: So the if I go back and think of these types of losses, you got to go pretty far back to find something like this. I mean I say it because you got to try to flush it. But the last time this like a defeat to an unranked team of this magnitude was twenty eleven. Jerry Kill Year one at Michigan fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Zip.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's a lot, but that's but Tommy, it's good times.
Speaker 2: At least it was fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was the first time all of all the freshmen that didn't Red shirts, like all of us were playing special teams. We all got to go in, so.
Speaker 3: We loved it.
Speaker 2: It was so sick at the big house. You're like, hell yeah, but then went through a pick six and like you know, like you're so you're a freshman right your back, like you're not starting yet, so you're like you got to earn it. So it was a pick six and like I'll never forget it. Like there was a dB on the opposite thirty and I'm sprinting as hard as I just so in film that they're like that's good firs.
Speaker 3: Here's a motor yay, Like that's a guy right here. We like this guy. But yeah, so those those that's.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I was, yeah, I might talk to the team tomorrow whatever I was going to bring like a thing up like that right where we went through the terrible stuff like that's so.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but here here here's my watch out. Though in year one, I think it's kind of expected. The fans don't say, oh my god, I can't believe it happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. The psyche of this team that was surprising last week, Like.
Speaker 21: I think you can you can talk about you can come away from Ohio State going yeah, we're pretty far, but that's a really good team. That's the tough thing is I always get nervous when this happens with the psyche of the team because it's really it's a little bit more difficult to flush because what you don't want to have happened is this is what I This is the most difficult game to get ready for, maybe in the last four or five years, because you just totally laid an egg and you're trying to compartmentalize that and get ready for Michigan Seak and Michigan State's much better than being zero to five in the Big ten, and so if you can't get past it, it's nightmarish. And that's that's the issue. Like, it's very different than Jerry kill your one. It's it's year nine and the systems in place. I was good, they're not even ranked.
Speaker 11: You can't lose like that because you can't lose like that. You can't get destroyed a national TV after you played your best game.
Speaker 2: Maybe in Pj's career, you can't lose like that. No, no, but I think that I like my Michigan game versus that we.
Speaker 3: You got it. It's not.
Speaker 2: It was we got dismantled by Michigan dismantled. Yeah, and it was just it wasn't. But it wasn't. It was different because four plays into that game were down seventeen nothing. Everything changes, Like it wasn't like that against Michigan. They just physically dominated. Like this game four plays booms, seventeen nothing. Three minutes into the second quarter, we're down thirty one zero. Yeah, that's different, Like it just so much, the whole game plan changes. He like, there's no rhythm, everything's bad. It just it just clicked and they were down seventeen nothing.
Speaker 6: It made makes sense. So it just made no sense.
Speaker 3: The way we felt is the same way they felt.
Speaker 2: And he's just like, how the hell what do I do now? And then they start throwing forced forced passing plays put Drake in a terrible spot, throws three picks for the first time in his career. He's like, Okay, here's this is what the Gauntlet of Kinnick, Like, this.
Speaker 3: Is what it does. And you heard PJ like he had is.
Speaker 2: Like what the old noon show he has during the week, yep, And he was talking how like that's his kryptonite and every coach has that, Like even Saban talks about, like going down to Baton Rouge is so hard to win there, and like every coach has his mental place and that's Pj's like he just can't something about that place is just a tough place anyone does. It's tough for Indiana the Rose Bowl, a Michigan state with Kirk Cousins, and like back in that era, they got whooped there thirty seven to seven, and it's just.
Speaker 3: That's what happens.
Speaker 15: Can I ask both of you guys the same question, because it was a system failure across the Bold it was right, Yeah, I mean it's it really wasn't much different than the Vikings game on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I mean they're really happy.
Speaker 15: Yeah, So what are you most disappointed by?
Speaker 22: The anemic offense or the porous defense? Probably the defense. I think that's where we saw such improvement the prior week. Physicality, great tackling, the defense, surprised me that just how soft it was, because again it was a kind of a one dimensional Iowa team that actually was able to find some balance. So that's what concerns me going forward.
Speaker 21: I think we'll get Drake to get back to his caliber play, but defensively, you got to try to find it against a really good dual threat quarterback this week, So that would be my bigger concern. Like upfront, like it's a mentality, it's a toughness, it's a little bit of scheme, but it's more of like every dude needs to kind of get ready and be ready to play.
Speaker 2: They just didn't seem ready for the moment. And again I'm with Sauce.
Speaker 21: Like CBS number one crew, National TV like rivalry game blackout, Like how can you not be ready?
Speaker 2: I think that was the hardest part coming off of like what saus said off maybe his biggest win in the last couple of years. They destroyed that Nebraska team.
Speaker 3: They look like a top fifteen teams.
Speaker 2: So Paul exactly to that point, like what they did to Nebraska out physical them, outmanned them, like it just Rule came out and said they got hit in the face and they didn't respond. I felt like we got out physical and that's the hardest part for me to watch, is like the physicality. We just didn't look like we matched up against our rivals.
Speaker 3: That's the hardest part.
Speaker 2: It's hard to watch people run on you. It's just it's kind of demoralized and it's boring and it just ruins all the momentum.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 2: You gotta look at the first four play, like if that doesn't happen, obviously everything's different. I know, like that's no, but like it's just a momentum home game and like then you're you're you're back seventeen points and like our first drive, we don't go respond with a touchdown and they just totally it's it's over, Like you can't do that.
Speaker 21: And that's why the response this week is so important, I know. And we said a couple of weeks ago, there's a four game stretch here, we were hoping to go four and oh it can still go three and one. But you got it starts with they stole our like stole our defensive coordinator two years ago. So Joe Rossy knows his team better than any defensive coordinator in the country.
Speaker 2: So he will have his troops ready.
Speaker 21: They have a quarterback on their side of the football, Aiden Childs, who's a dual threat guy that can really be dangerous. And they have a big time wide wide receiver and I believe his name's Nick Marsh. So they're zero to five, but they've been in most of the games. This is a game that Michigan State has circled since the season started, that they really believed this would be a chance to win.
Speaker 2: This is year two for their head coach. So that's what gets me nervous.
Speaker 21: You're gonna have a Michigan State team that comes in you're confident. You have a Minnesota team that's a bit reeling, right. But what I love is we've played well at home. Right, we're five and zero at home, and you get an early morning kickoff. You've had all week to try to flush it, and now you get a chance for with a Tommy Olsen motivation motivated speech on Friday night. And so what's the points spread on this one meet Sauce three three? I think it's a I think it's a push. Really, I think this will be a shootout game. If you look at the offense of Michigan State, they put up points. It's a defense that can give up points as well. So I think this is a really tight game. But Drake Lindsay has been so much better at home than on the road. I think they flush it, but I think it's a high scoring game. I'm gonna take Minnesota with a late field goal thirty four Michigan State thirty one.
Speaker 3: I love that. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be very similar to two thousand and nine. So in two thousand and nine it was Bruster's biggest win of his whole tenure. They came here on Halloween. I don't if you guys are oh I remember that, and uh course.
Speaker 3: I do not. I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Dwan Bennett like started out the game with the reel route, yeah, and then Nick Tauernett got hammered across the middle. Is like a macular reception.
Speaker 3: Weber went for four hundred and sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yards and five TVs YEA, yeah, good guy, and we beat and we beat him forty two to thirty four. And John Hazy was this captain that year. So I truly believe it's going to be similar to that game where we just go air it out, just like what just was saying. I think we go I.
Speaker 3: Think we go forty eight.
Speaker 11: Jeez, twenty one. I think we may handle it all right, Thanks fellows. The news is next. This is the Power Trip Morning Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm the man.