Speaker 1: There's Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen in for the Great American Today. Willie Cunningham app she ate will he giving me a shot here? Well, I'll tell you what this week, and it's not over yet, has been unbelievable in things going on, both locally and throughout the country and throughout the world. Really, But I did want to talk to you right out of the shoot here about something that's got it's under my crawl, the whole situation up there in Minnesota. You probably know already we had yet another attack on a police officer that resulted in what would appear to me to be certainly a justifiable shooting. You know, it's getting out of hand up there. Enough is enough, and this has been widely published. You might already know the increase in attacks on ice officers is up.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 1: One thousand percent since twenty twenty four, one thousand percent. And these people, the so called protesters, and we'll probably talk about this a little bit later, they're getting to the bottom of what their deal is and it looks like a good number of them are being paid for their their protesting. But it's just it's out of control. President Trump. I just saw it on Fox here, I got it turned down. President Trump apparently is considering invoking the Insurrection Act, which you know, if it goes on much longer, if any more police officers are hurt, I think that's what he'll do, which in essence means that he can federalize the National Guard and call him in, or he can also to call the regular Army if he wants to. I don't know if they need that yet, but something has to be done. It's just it's out of control, absolutely out of control. So you know, we're gonna keep an eye on that situation. But just right before we came on the air, Fox hit one of those crawlers at the bottom and says Waltz tamp On, Tim calls on Trump to turn the temperature down after urging Minnesotans to resist.
Speaker 2: I'm that guy. Every time he.
Speaker 1: Opens his mouth he says something like that. I guess Kamala rubbed off on him. I think he's a big, big part of the problem. And the boy mayor Jacob Fry, I think he's a big part of the problem too. But yesterday, just some details on what happened yesterday, and again Trump is considering the Insiration Insurrection Act, which I think he should. Yesterday, the event to Kurt, I guess it was about seven o'clock local time up there. It involved in undocumented immigrant I e. And illegal alien. He's a Venezuelan national.
Speaker 2: It's you know.
Speaker 1: The driver in this thing was also an immigrant from Venezuela, and we'll talk about that in just a second. Apparently the man fled. It was a traffic stop. The man fled the traffic stop in his car, crashed into a park vehicle, and then he took off on foot. The auficer caught up with him, is probably in pretty good shape. The man resisted arrest and began a violent assault.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a part of the one thousand percent increase in attacks on ice officers. And given the rhetoric, I mean, I want to blame it on Trump, but given the rhetoric of the boy mayor and Governor Tampon, is it any wonder?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Walts in the same breath says.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we need call, and then he goes, you all got to get it, go out there and stir it up. Well, Apparently, the man, like I said, he fled the traffic stop. He crashed into a park vehicle. He took off on foot, which happens quite a bit now. While the two were struggling on the ground, two additional individuals. Don't know much about them at this point. They weren't friends of the officers, though. Two other people emerged from an apartment complex and attack the officer. Get this, using a snow shovel and a broom handle. That's what these cops up in these ice officers up in Minnesota have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: It's just ridiculous. The officer did. He took a shot.
Speaker 1: He stated he feared for his life, Yeah, while being pummeled by a snowshovel and a broom handle.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Feared for his life being ambushed by three people reON one. He fired what he's referring to as a defensive shot, striking the initial subject in the leg. And I guess everybody, the officer included, everybody's gonna be okay. But enough is enough. I mean, they're out of control up there. It's every damn day. I mean, I wonder what these people's source of income is, other than a great amount of them are probably being paid for doing it, and it all goes back to the George Soros types. So, like I said, the officer and the man who did the assault on the officer transported to the hospital. The assaulters' injuries were described as non life threatening. And then the two bystanders that join into the attack, I'm not sure about them, but I think they're all right in this event. It occurred exactly one week after an another ice officer fatally shot a woman in self defense in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: We all know about.
Speaker 1: That one, and we found out too, by the way, just recently, I think it was yesterday that that officer sustained some fairly serious injuries to his leg that I guess they didn't know about before. I'm going to try to drill down on that, and I give you this scoop on that. But it's out of control up there. I think Trump is about had all he wants to take and if it doesn't stop, I look for the Insurrection Act to be something a tool that the president uses. But according to Fox News, protests continued yesterday after that shooting, with these alleged demonstrators using horns and whistles and officers deploying tear gas and pepper balls. There were at least one hundred people at the scene, where officers were dispersing pepper spray, throwing pepper balls, and using flash bangs as rioters tossed items at the agents. Demonstrators were calling on Ice to leave the city and holding signs with phrases such as f word Ice, classy.
Speaker 2: And then the police chief, I mean, what the hell is his deal?
Speaker 1: Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O'Hare said the crowd was committing unlawful acts throwing fireworks, then why don't you do something about it? Chief, Do something about it, you know, tell your officers to enforce the law. It's just hard for me to believe that that chief is where he is and doing something about it. If they're committing unlawful acts, by God, charge him with it. Not that big of a deal. Here's what Wall said. And this guy is unbelievable. Okay, I'm gonna quote him here. This is yesterday. I know you're angry. I'm angry here. It comes. What Donald Trump wants is violence in the streets. But Minnesota will remain an island of decency, of justice, of community, and of peace. Don't give him what he wants he put that on X, you know, with him, not just him, but him especially, no matter what happens, Trump Trump, Trump, you know, not him, not the Attorney general, Keith Ellison, very very good friend of Lewis Farakhan. But it's always Trump, always, you know, it's just get it's getting a little bit out of control up there. Well, I'll tell you I saw something today that I wanted to share with you because you talk about hitting a nail on the head. Okay, there's a guy by the name of Joe Abraham. You might recognize the name. His daughter, twenty year old daughter was killed at the hands of illegal alien. This is how this went down. She's minding your own business, driving her car, and this car, driven by an illegal plowed into the back of her and pretty much instantly killed her. Well, mister Abraham wrote an op ed that he's getting a lot of coverage. Just a few sentences from that, this is mister Abraham. As I read and watched the coverage coming out of Minnesota about the tragic shooting of a woman allegedly attempting to run over a federal agent with her vehicle, two things immediately came to me. And again this is mister Abram, the victim's father.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He said two things, First, how demonstrators were being stoked, inflamed and used by politicians for self serving purposes. Second, and far more personal, where was the outrage when my innocent twenty year old daughter, Katie Abraham was killed by an illegal alien shielded and protected by Illinois sanctuary policies. You never hear Governor Waltz, You never hear the boy Mayor.
Speaker 2: You never hear anyone else, the Attorney general.
Speaker 1: You just you don't hear them ever talking about that, never talking about what happens when, like Joe Biden, you let twenty million people in our country with no idea who they are or what they are. Anyway, He goes on to say, when my daughter was violently killed, there were no viral videos, no breathless media panels, no emotional press conferences, and no candlelight vigils amplified by politicians and pundits. Where were the stories about how the car Katie was writing in, stopped at a red light, was struck from behind at nearly eighty miles an hour by a drunk driving illegal alien. A drunk driving illegal alien. That death, That death of that twenty year old young lady was completely completely preventable.
Speaker 2: It was preventable by number one. You don't let everybody.
Speaker 1: And their brother cross the border unchecked, unvetted on everything.
Speaker 2: That's number one. Number two, the ones.
Speaker 1: That are here, you let ice do their job, the job that they're charged with by a federal statute. The statute's been around since I think nineteen fifty two. Pretty damn simple. All boils down to thou shalt not trespass into our country. You know, let's just say the Biden administration was tough on that, and like Trump is, I mean, Trump's pretty much cleaned it all up now as far as people coming in, maybe that man's daughter would still be with.
Speaker 2: Us just a few more here. It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Where was the outrage over how first responders had to pry the vehicle open. This is said like a tutican, to pull my daughter's lifeless body from the wreckage. You know, who's speaking for this young lady other than her father. It also struck me how the same media figures, politicians and commentators now expressing outrage over the Minneapolis shooting have had nothing to say about Katie.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: And then you get to this guy, I'll tell you this is the boy mayor number two, Mayored Mondamie up in New York City.
Speaker 2: Here's what he says.
Speaker 1: Quote, we know when ice agents attack immigrants, they attack every single one of us across this country. Number One, they don't attack, they respond, And number two, they ain't attacking me.
Speaker 2: I mean, let them do their job.
Speaker 1: And then you get probably it may be arguable, but probably the dumbest elected official in the United States of America today. I'm talking about the Democrat Mayor of Chicago, Brandon Johnson. Here's what he says. We stand in solidarity with the people of Minneapolis and with all of those across the country whose lives have been torn apart due to reckless actions by Trump's lawless and then he throws this everywhere, lawless racist force.
Speaker 2: You know, just throw the racist in there.
Speaker 1: You know, the term is used like thrown around like confetti.
Speaker 2: It means nothing.
Speaker 1: And then you got Karen Bass, La Mayor Karen Bass, Democrat of Courts. It happened because of the brutal and there you go again, racist policies of the Trump administration that unleashed the agents, unleashed the agents to do what they are sworn to do, enforce federal law. You know, these protests that you don't like it, change the law, Lobby, Congress, have them change it. It's ridiculous, you know. He just a few more sentences here. He writes, as we approach the one year anniversary of Katie's death on January nineteenth, twenty twenty five, sanctuary policies continue to cause death and destruction, and our political leaders continue to double down. Well, you know, we're at a point now where they have to double down because it's getting completely out of control. And my guess is, if this stuff in Minneapolis doesn't let up, Trump's going to invoke the Insurrection Act, possibly before the weekend. Well, he's talking about sanctuary policies, and he says again, and this is the young lady's father. This is not sympathetic governance, it's sympathetic irresponsibility. Yeah, I think you're right by refusing to cooperate with federal authorities. He's talking about Illinois Governor Pritzker, where he's from. Illinois, removed every guardrail that might have prevented tragedy. No meaningful background checks, no identity confirmation, no monitoring, no intervention, just walk into our country. Thank you very much, mister Biden. And he goes on to say, and this is you can find it if you want. It's on Fox's website. Last thing, he says, Katie paid with her life. So all of these people out there protested, why don't you take just a few minutes to recognize her, to recognize Katie and all the other people that have died at the hands of an illegal immigrant that the Biden administration let into our country. You don't hear anything about that. You don't hear the media all wound up about that. But anyway, that's what I think. Hey, we got to take a break. But when we get back, big goings on in the city. Looks like another person is going to ring the taxpayers up big time. And we're going to talk to Steve about that when we get back. Mike Allen in for Willy's seven hundred wlw caarback Mike Allen in for the great American Willie Cunningham. This next guy has been busy, busy, busy because he's in great demand because he's so good at what he does. I'm talking, of course, about Steve Gooden. We found out yesterday that Elwood Jones. I'm sure you're familiar with that case. His conviction was overturned after I believe it's about thirty years. He is now suing to get money for being unlawfully and according to him, incarcerated for again about close to thirty years. And you know, if it's successful, he's going to ring up the taxpayers to the tune of about one point eight million. But it's a really crazy, kind of a byzantine way that all this works legally. And the guy who explained it is Steve Good and Steve, thanks so much for calling in.
Speaker 4: Oh anytime, Mike.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I can truly explain this in a way that it won't make the taxpayer scream.
Speaker 4: I know my best to explain the process.
Speaker 1: Can you break it down, Steven? Honestly, just over the last couple of days, I did a little research. It's it's kind of goofy, but yeah, just kind of explain how it works, and you know what the standard is and those.
Speaker 2: Kind of things.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's the kind of thing that the average person doesn't even know about. I mean, there is a special court in Columbus called the Court of Claims that deals with claims that are brought against the state, and almost all the prisoner claims that involve state prisons are litigated there. You know, they're open to the public, but they don't really broadcast what they do. I've litigated with them many times, so it's kind of has the feel of a star chamber. And millions upon millions of dollars of taxpayer dollars are dealt with in this special Court of Claims. So really to kind of set the stage here, you know, Elwood Jones was convicted back I think in nineteen ninety four of murdering a woman named Rhoda Nathan. Importantly, this occurred in Blue Ash. He was the charges were brought by the County prosecutor's office. So this is one where the city of Cincinnati has no role whatsoever. I know, they're given out big settlements. It feels like left and right right now. This is one where the Cincinnati Police, the mayor, city manager, no one has anything to do with this. It's purely a state and county matter. The county is a political subdivision of the state under Ohio law. So you know, whenever you know, when you were proster, every charge with State of Ohio versus the State of Ohio versus Elwood Jones. So what he has done is the after many years of litigation, you know, it is finally the charges against him have been dismissed. There are a lot of folks, including the family and miss Nathan, and a lot of folks like me that worked in the prosecutor's office that really strongly questioned that decision. But not only were they dismissed, the new prosecutor County Village took the extraordinary step saying publicly that she is no longer convinced he was guilty at all.
Speaker 1: Steve question, can I ask you a quom sor? I didn't mean to interrupt, but I want to ask her, why do you think she did that? I think she's smart. I think she's done a good job, a real good job as prosecutors so far.
Speaker 2: But why do you think she did that? Well, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can only speculate.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm guessing that perhaps that's that's really what she thought. I mean, I mean, I think you look at the case and I think there's still some very very strong evidence he did it, sort of like the old O. J. Simpson questioned, if he didn't do it, who did you know he had access to the room. You know, some indications he had a defensive bike wound or some sort of injury. There was all kinds of circumstantial evidence. It's a pre DNA case, so there isn't any kind of DNA that would just absolutely definitely confirm it the way you know something like this would be confirmed now. But instead of just saying, look, standards have changed or he's done enough time, she went that extra step and said, I'm not convinced he did it. And what the practical impact that that's going to be is that, you know, the first step of this process is that they file a suit in the local courts, the common Police Court here in Hambleton County, which they have done, and he has to be declared mister Jones has to be declared to be a wrongfully convicted or wrongfully imprisoned person. And after the county prosecutor has made a statement to that effect. I don't know how they could ever rebut that or fight against that. It seems to me he now has a glide path to go on to the next court up in Columbus.
Speaker 1: Do you did, were you able to find out who the judge is? It was not on the clerk of course website as of this morning. I mean, I'm just curious, you know.
Speaker 5: I yeah, you know, I just looked just a few minutes ago, and we don't know. I mean, it's going through that random selection process, so it will be one of the sixteen cond of police court judges. I don't believe it has been assigned from what I can tell, so it will go to a judge. There's no jury involved at this stage, you know, it's just a pure legal determination of whether he was wrongfully convicted, where in which the prosecutor's office will be on the other side. After the prosecutor has already said that she feels he was wrongfully convicted. So I predict his chances of being declared a wrongfully convicted person are pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, when the prosecutor says that she thinks he's not guilty, and I respect what she said, I do I disagree with it. When I was prosecutor, I had a little bit of contact with the case, just in appellate matters, and I'll tell you what seemed like there was a heck of a lot there. But anyway, that's just me let me ask you this, what is the uh, what's the standards? Is it clear and convincing evidence that they have to show admy.
Speaker 2: Or do you know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's clear and convincing evidence. I mean, you know at this point and then you know, the the u following proceedings up in Columbus are just done by a straight preponderance of the evidence, and we're outside the criminal system. I mean, these are kind of you know, these are kind of in this like kind of gray area between the typical and regular civil claim and an administrative claim. You know, whenever you you know, sue the state, you basically have to get permission to sue the state from a judge, just like kind of the they have this think of the Federal Tort Claims Act and the federal system where you know, a judge kind of has to approve your ability to sue the state. It doesn't happen every day. So yeah, there's got to be clear convincing evidence shown here that he was wrongfully convicted. So they'll put on some evidence, you know, about about why the conviction was overturned.
Speaker 4: Uh, and then you.
Speaker 5: Know, once they get over that hurdle, which under these circumstances seems very low. Then it goes up to this Court of Claims in Columbus where they make a final determination about what he will be owed.
Speaker 4: You know, under the state.
Speaker 5: Law, it's anywhere from fifty six to sixty eight thousand dollars per year you were incarcerated. And so that's where they're coming up at the one point eight million number. Now he can additionally ask for some other things on top of that. There's some payments suffering, you know, health issues, loss and consortion, things of that nature that he can still raise as to try to get that higher up. Typically, the attorneys that take these cases on I don't know what their arrangement here is, but you know, typically they bring these on a contingency basis, so they can take up to a third of the award. But still, I mean, he's looking at you know, at real money on the low end.
Speaker 4: You know, he'll be.
Speaker 5: Able to make a demand for one point eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I mean, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I did a little bit of research this morning on these things, and you're right about the sixty eight thousand.
Speaker 2: I think it's eight hundred and eight bucks. How do they arrive at that figure? Is it just something random or is there anything you know that backs that up?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's a it's a calculation. I mean, I think they've adjusted it many times over the years for kind of cost of living and things of that nature. You know, it's something that if I recall correctly, that they the state has used in economist to come up with is sort of like the average income of an average Ohiolan, you know, in any given time. So I think it's like tagged to the median income and then addressed, you know, adjusted for the cost of living and inflation over time. So you know, I mean, I mean, it really is. I mean there is some you know, science behind it.
Speaker 4: I suppose there's some.
Speaker 5: Analysis behind it, but it really is just kind of a made up, agreed upon number that's been approved by the state legislature and then and this will be litigated and defended by the Attorney General's office, by the way, when it gets up to Columbus, I'm kind of curious what they make of it. You know, they're going to have they're going to be somewhat limited in their ability to defend against this claim, particularly after what will likely happen here in the local courts, but this will finally bounce up to the Attorney General's office, who will then be dealing with Elwood Jones and the actual number that he gets back going forward.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know if you saw Steed.
Speaker 1: There's an interesting chart, couple interesting charts, grafts whatever on the Court of Claim's website, and it breaks down how these things I guess over the last however many years they've been doing it, it's not really that that long, but the decision on them and the ultimate outcome forty two percent, there's an order approving settlement, twenty two percent decision and judgment for plaintiff, and seventeen percent entry of dismissal and very small four percent voluntary dismissal. So you know, people have been successful up there. It sure sounds like based on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'm a little surprised by those numbers, because every time I've double with this that court, you know, there has been a settlement. I mean, I have represented police officers and correction officers who have been you know, sued on you know, by prisoners.
Speaker 4: You know, I just.
Speaker 5: Recently wrapped up one where an inmate was in a fight with a security guard that ended up being paralyzed and then he sued for for millions.
Speaker 4: Upon millions of dollars.
Speaker 5: And I can't, you know, disclose the settlement that was confidential. But here the Attorney General's office did did approve a settlement in this and a lot of these times, the prisoners, you know, get paid more often than not. So if you rack up the successful verdicts that they get what the settlements, you're you're probably close to two thirds of these folks get some real money.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They've also got a chart on their going back to seventy six, I think that's when they started doing it this way, and the amount of money throughout the years from seventy six it only goes up to twenty seventeen. You can see from the chart it's gone up substantially in two thousand and eleven up to ten million bucks. So I don't know, I mean, I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that. I'm just curious. How are the judges appointed up there. Obviously they don't run for it, just a governor's appointment, or do you know.
Speaker 5: You know, my recollection is I think they are appointed by the governor of fire Recall and they are not elected. And that's one of the reasons why that the Court of Claims is something even people who practice law for years may not even know about it or encounter right. But no, they're all appointed. They're considered to be administrative judges, even though you know, the court does function more like a regular court room. Under certain circumstances, you can have a jury trial. They also deal with a lot of public records matters. These days, they have jurisdiction over public records cases that involved of state funding and a lot of and a lot of cases, so they have a lot more say than you would think. Uh, but yeah, it's all up in Columbus. All the proceedings are in Columbus.
Speaker 4: No matter where in.
Speaker 5: The state you know, the alleged issue occurred, you have to go to Columbus to deal with these and the appeals you know, kind of go through the Tenth District up in Columbus and at up to the Ohio Supreme.
Speaker 4: Court if there are if they are appealed.
Speaker 5: But I would note that the vast majority of these cases, you know, end up settling because if you get into the Court acclaims successfully, you've already kind of got a leg up that you have a claim against against the state, and so most of them, most of them do go away.
Speaker 1: I think I hear you saying, Steve Gooden. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I think I hear you saying he is going to get some kind of a payday.
Speaker 2: Is that accurate?
Speaker 4: I would be surprised if he does not.
Speaker 5: I mean, particularly if the if the decision here in the local courts goes the way I presume it will go, which is that he which is the you know, based upon the prosecutor stance in this case, he was wrongfully convicted. If he's declared to be wrongfully convicted, he's going to go up to the Court of Claims, you know, really with you know, with what the key issue decided. So then it really is going to become more of a question about what he is entitled to, whether or not there should be a settlement, whether or not the Attorney General's office is going to dig in and fight and try to relitigate the issue of whether or not he was wrongfully convicted. But all that's going to be pretty tough. AG's office is going to be in a pretty tough space. And most of these cases, the at least the ones that I've certainly seen and been involved in, do end up with some some sort of settlement, and sometimes very generous ones.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm thinking. That's probably what's going to happen. Who would have ever thought, you know, it is what it is. I guess let me shift gears on you just for a minute. President Trump has said over the last couple of days, I think he said it two or three times today, that he's thinking about bringing in the Insurrect Act for what's going on in Minneapolis. Can you explain a little bit what that is and what it entails. I mean, I know it's federalizing the National Guard, but he can also call in the army, I mean, the regular army.
Speaker 2: Can he not?
Speaker 5: Well, it will be harder, I think, for him to call in the regular army in Minneapolis. So, I mean, you've got the Insurrection Act kind of works with the Possi Kamatatis Act. So the Posse Commatatis Act just says, look, you can't use federal troops against American citizens in domestic situations. But then there are exceptions to that, and I mean, you know, the biggest ones we've seen recently is you can use regular federal troops to protect federal office buildings, federal land and in the District of Columbia, which is just a federal territory for lack of a better term. So he has actually deployed regular troops there and you need nothing, nothing else. The stickier question becomes when you have a state situation where you want to federal the National Guard. Typically the governor agrees to that. Under our system, that's you know, if it's a natural disaster, hurricane relief efforts, or you know, widespread rioting, which we've seen a couple different times in our in our life style. As usually the governor is the one saying, mister President, you can nationalize the federalize the National Guards, and the men. To federalize the National Guard over the objection of a governor, which is the scenario I guess min Minnesota, you have to show that the Insurrection Act applies an absent and armed or rebellion or organized rebellion. That gets kind of tough. So I think if you were to federalize the National Guard into these circumstances. You know, I think it would be a you know, it just would be a massive court battle. And watching what Trump has done in the past, I think he often threatens the Insurrection Act to try to get better and more robust in for you know, enforcement and action from the local law enforcement here. So I'll be a little surprised if he goes through with it. It seems to me the thing, if he was going to do it, he would have already done it. But this one's a tougher question. There's no federal land involved that I can tell. There are federal agents. If they went this way, saying that the federal agents justified it by itself outside of the Insurrection Act, that would be a new legal position that's never been litigated to my knowledge. But you know, right now, you know, you're you're looking at a purely state you know, state matter with a governor who by all accounts is not going to uh it's still walls, so he's not going to cooperate with that. So we'll step to wait and see what happens. I'll be a little surprised if he does it. It will be a little bit of a stretch illegally. If he went that way, but sometimes the mere threat of it, I think, you know, can can provoke a different and better response from the local authorities. That that's happened several times during come second.
Speaker 2: Term, you know.
Speaker 1: And I would agree with you in a normal situation. But I think there's something wrong with Walts. I mean, I mean, I really do. Just some of the things he says and what he does. I mean, he's worse than Kamala. He contradicts himself in one sentence. I mean, I don't know, but I'll get off of that just one more question.
Speaker 5: He's an odd guy. I will conceive. He does not inspire confidence.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Can you imagine him or even Kamala. You don't have to answer this, and let you want to in the big office there in the White House, with all of this stuff happening.
Speaker 2: All over the world. I mean, I don't know. I shudder to think.
Speaker 1: One last thing real quick, Steve, and I hope I'm not kind of catching you. By surprise, Judge Jodi Luber's, who, in my humble opinion, is a very good judge. She ruled today that there will be no death penalty in the Rodney Hinton case because I guess she made a finding that he was criminally insane. Your thoughts on that. It's very rare in Hamilton County.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 4: You know, I was just wi that when you called, and you're right.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, you know, I I worked with with Judge Luber's back when she was a prosecutor back in the day, and I think, you know, she knows the law, and I'm with you on that. I think she's a good judge.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And really, as I understand it, and.
Speaker 5: I've talked to a couple of lawyers involved in the case, she didn't have any choice but to take the death to the off the table at this point. I mean the state expert, Yeah, their own expert, doctor O'Donnell, who's been at this forever. You know, she apparently said, look, there's no question he has a bipolar disorder, he has schizophrenia and the impact of what he did.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: And when the state's expert says that, you're in a bad spot, so it doesn't mean they're not going to proceed with the with the indictment. You know, he is still facing life in prison. They did change the plead and not guilty by reason of insanity, which at least does raise the possibility of him getting out without serving life if you gets treatment in some way. But she really had her hands tied today under Ohio law. You know, once all the psychiatrists say that the person has this issue, there's really nothing that a judge can do under Ohio law. Even if she imposed the death penalty, the appellate courts would have would have struck it down because a mentally ill person just cannot be put to death under Ohigo law.
Speaker 2: Right, And it's pretty clear too. And I agree with you on all of that.
Speaker 1: Hey, really appreciate you taking time out of what is turning out to be I'm sure a busy couple of days, Steve. Really I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mike, any time you take care?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. Well, I'll tell you what that guy knows the stuff.
Speaker 1: And boy, there is just so much popping on the legal front, especially locally, some unusual cases coming up. But it is what it is, and as long as we have somebody likes Steve to kind of explain it, I think we'll be fine. Hey, we do have to take a break for the new spot. When we come back, we're going to talk Venezuela with Judd and mainly focus on what President Trump can do or will do going forward with that horribly mistreated country.
Speaker 2: And we'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen in for Willy seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're back, Mike Allen in for the Great American Willie Cunningham.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you, there is so much going on.
Speaker 1: In the world in this's a country, and we're all waiting to see what happens in Venezuela. I think somewhat we're in some uncharted waters here, so people are kind of waiting to see how this works out. You know, we haven't had a lot of luck with reget regime change in the past, but it sure seems like the President has his act together on that. Here to talk about it is jud Dunning. Jud wrote a really good op edp in Newsmax Trump's Doctrine for Venezuela, Transition, Justice and Order, and jud is a great guest.
Speaker 2: He's been on a number of times with me.
Speaker 1: He's a passionate and proud Los ANGELESO businessman, former entertainer, and politico all the way going back to nineteen ninety three. He's and I say. Every time I say this, I say I'm gonna get this book and read it. This time I mean it. He's the author of the New Human ex Newsmax book. I love the title thirteen and a half reasons why not to be a Liberal and how to enlighten others? Jud thanks so much for calling in this afternoon.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. My only correction is I'm now Texan.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, I've been.
Speaker 6: A California for a one time. We go back and forth, but Texas they drove us out.
Speaker 3: They drove us out.
Speaker 6: Good to be here.
Speaker 2: You voted with your feet like a hell of a lot of other people. Jud.
Speaker 6: You know, hey, thanks, thanks my good good to be here. Thank you for your word. Sir.
Speaker 2: Uh your op ed was right on the money.
Speaker 1: Can you kind of expound on it a little bit and I'll probably have some specific question. Are you liking what you see so far and what we're only what a couple of weeks into this thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Listen, America stands for freedom. We're reluctive intervention. But of course we're gonna protect ourselves strategically. That's naive to think that the whole doctor, and this whole idea that Trump King and Trump is out of control ETCA. There's been a long process under Tavis. We were you know, we were working. He took three point two million barrels to two point five, Mordureau took it down to like two. Then he has it down to seven hundred thousand barrels. I mean, the market's become so deteriorated for elitist to rise. You have a million percent inflation to those poor people hostage, you have hospital shortages of eighty percent. You've got seven point nine people who have fled that. It's a humanitarian national crisis. And we've been doing it legally, logistically, going down the line, you know, pursuing this policy for a long time. And it wasn't that Trump suddenly made some move. You know. Of course we're looking at open borders. Of course we're looking at, you know, the line of moral absolutism of stalling the flow to America while we're here. We have a different you know, nationalistic look at what law is. But we're also fighting sense and all cocaine. But the thing is, if you really understand what's going on, the narco state that has formed there with all these black gold exchanges, all the things it's going on with the oil, all the thing that's going on the drugs. They're actually fueling Columbia through all the illicit trade there. They're tied into each other. And what we're doing is we're stabilizing South America's deteriorative, destructive force on America while actually standing up with the great people of Venezuela. That's very just like Iran. This was a very prosperous origin Continian like society. And we've been doing it legally and legalistically proper for a long time. We've we've filed the proper paperwork, we've worked within the international community, we've done sanctions, we've put Maduro on call as a criminal. Everything was actually done legally. But of course when Trump does it, suddenly a monarchical crisis of the world. So, you know, I thought it was important to get the facts out of that situation. This has been going on since Chigo Chavis.
Speaker 1: You stayed a really good case in the op edge. I mean, there's so many things I like about it. One just a sentence then as well to transformed from an authoritarian governance into an organized criminal enterprise. Operating behind sovereignties facade. A lot of big words in there, but man, you hit the nail right on the head.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, And this isn't.
Speaker 6: A normal transition. It's a real exposure of a state that became an organized criminal enterprise. You know, Cavis nationalized, purged the oil company. They're weaponized to all money and loyalty systems. Capacity died from the inside. I mean, there's so basically, you know, if you'll look at what we're doing with the ships and putting in a line, there's we definitely put the entire global drug cartel on Watch what I loved. I think one of the greatest things about the War Department. Once again, one of the things that Trump got right. My next book, I've got it out there. He's thirteen and a half reason of Love America. It was about the two hundred and fifty you know, years of beauty of what we have here. Now people are ashamed to sit in our greatness. But we're talking to our publishers about thirteen and a half half reasons to Love Donald Trump and how he's been the greatest president of this United States. You know, I'm going back and forth with these two proposals. They've got an option in our next book, because if you really look at it on paper, if you can get past the hyperbole, he is a he is an elegant statesman. In the following, what he'll do is he'll he'll give people a warning with an over the top negotiation. He'll ask for the moon. Like Greenland. We're not invading in Greenland, which is another Oh, we've we've invaded. You know, we haven't invaded. We've we've regulated and held accountable. Venezuela. We put everybody on watch. And here's my point. In the War Department, they've actually shown that we use sonic we use sonic weaponry. There we went in with twenty helicopters. Three hundred people passed. None of ours pass five hundred rounds a minute. The elegance and execution that were taking place the weaponry, all of the other cartels in Mexico are like, Wow, they've always out paid and outgunned America. We just blew everybody away. The example to let people know that we have the most, you know, the most technically advanced military was also another great message. Yes I'll tell you something. Sorry to talk too long, but one we lost the family member to fence and all, you know, and there is a war on this country. I'm over thirty years. I had a good I'm going to another memorial on Friday. This is not a drug with weak people. There is a poison flowing into our borders, and people are still dying left and right, and in Texas, thank god, they're making it.
Speaker 3: You know, if you.
Speaker 6: Death by distribution, if you even touch fen and all, it's murder. And they are flooding our country with the most dangerous drug ever. So it's a serious time. And I think we're sending a message to the cartels, not on our time, not with Trump at the helm.
Speaker 2: Jud you hit the nail on the head there too, buddy. I mean.
Speaker 1: I spent fifty one years in the criminal justice system, twenty the last twenty. I'm retired now, thank god, as a criminal defense lawyer, thank you. I mean, and I see it all the time, and it's mainly fentanyl, but also cocaine. I had three clients I might have told you this already, three clients in one year die from fentanyl over doses. And these weren't we know, like street corner drug users. They were like middle class, solid people, but for the addiction. And I don't think people appreciate that when they start complaining about what Trump's doing blowing up the boats. You know, let's see what you say when it happens to one of your family members.
Speaker 2: I think it's great what he's doing with that.
Speaker 1: And you know what, every president since rich Richard Nixon has said, we're gonna get tough on drugs, We're gonna give you this, and he's the only one that's ever really done anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I can't write about it because I'm in two court cases, but I can't talk about on the radio. It's kind of hard to track. But I just put somebody somebody. I got somebody they fled in the country. I sent somebody in behind somebody. I got people back to the United States thirty years, twelve counts of drug related West LA sex trafficking and drug pedaling. And I'm putting someone away. Turns out they're illegal immigrant going after somebody else for another twelve million bucks. I mean, I have a you know, when politics get personal. I was on the radio and KM eight am seven ninety and I remember there there was a guy saying, hey, you know, the borders numbers are x under Biden. And actually remember Obama was we're balanced people, right, we're rationalist conservatives. Obama was a deporter in chief. He was too badly three million.
Speaker 3: Peter.
Speaker 6: Jaden's policy was he.
Speaker 3: Was doing.
Speaker 6: He was doing pretty good. Biden's like cultural Marxist change of our our demographic was insane. And when we watch those numbers go up, it's like four hundred percent. Centinel went up in LA four hundred percent. And then I watched, because I'm in the program very active. I say, I've been sober since eighty seven, but I stayed a service family and in that thank you sir, and in that movement, I have seen just death after death after death, just exponentially. It's not a joke. It's interesting though. I did do some research on it. Some of the Biden era anti Chinese policies where they started governoring themselves, did start to slow down the war in America from China. But the other countries are they're profit driven, They're not an ideology driven. It's dark stuff. So I think Venezuela was just a it's uncomfortable, right, we don't when we stand for freedom, we take on the and I think this is the thing. What's the playbook. Afghanistan was a nightmare, Yetnam we won and we reversed it was a nightmare. Right we have Iraq. We didn't grab the populist property. With enough strategy, America does have the ability to do a transitional government to support Dels Rodriguez, whoever we're gonna end up with and return people to freedom. Now, what's the exchange. You do leave a base behind, you do get grain security. You don't do it for that, But it's an investment. You're going to spend billions of dollars and we get, you know, more protection to freedom in the world. And we have to say, like, yeah, you know what, we do know better. We do know better than China, we do know better than Russia, we do know better than the Pan Islamic States. We stand for something that's a little bit more special.
Speaker 1: Well, and you mentioned this too, And I don't think people realize the importance of this.
Speaker 2: The checkmate of Red China.
Speaker 1: The Wall Street Journal today, if you get a chance, there is a really good article about that. And apparently they don't know what hit him, the Chinese because nobody thought Trump would do this.
Speaker 2: It's so important to have.
Speaker 1: That part of that southern hemisphere be China and Russia free. You know, can you and Joe Biden you ever hear a word come out of his mouth about that? Nothing, no forward thinking whatsoever. I don't think he was capable of it.
Speaker 6: I guess Look, I get up in the morning. I'm sure a lot of us do. Since truck came in, I said, I know, under work fifty five hours. I probably works seventy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: I mean that guy, if he's gonna work that hard for us, I'm gonna work that hard for us. I mean that's you know, presidents, parents, pastors, and police, the structure of society, and right now, everybody wants to make this guy the enemy because he's proactive, he's bold, he's bombastic. Well so is Paul Revere, right, so is Sam Adams. We were rough and tumble guys in bars that just said, hey, we can't take this anymore. All that started in the pubs, right, I mean, our spirit is proud, patriotsic, rough and tumble, and he negotiates strong and backs off to reality with you know, by hiring the right people. There's no way one person could do everything he does. He has a good you know, he's a good cast of people. He knows how to use people. That I heard something I was in a I was in the film industry back in the day, and they said, you know, a great executive has no paperwork on his desk because he knows how to hire the right people, right, And I think that's what America is seeing. We're seeing the lot city of execution, and we're not used to it. The left would rather, you know, keep us in paperwork and you know, the corporatism of bills that are just killing us with inflation and making the elites rise to the top. And I don't think that's happening right now. Last thing on the on Venezuela. I mean, there's some interesting stuff going on right now with Russia. They're posturing about, you know, putting submarines out there to protect their paper tiger. Though we definitely are dominant, you know. I think the thing that the article I want to address was, you know, what's the example to the world about with Russia and Ukraine, China and Taiwan. This is not post colonial imperialism NOP. This is standing for freedom. And this stuff about Greenland all in fear right now, just hold on for a second. Don't buy into that either. We did it legally there. We have a base in Greenland, and we're there's no way we're taking over a country and going to war with NATO. We're playing chess. We're playing chess. And people have to stay educated. And that's what I try to do in this article, is like, look at the facts of Venezuela, look at the facts of Greenland, look at the facts of Mexico. Most of it is long form stuff that existed before Trump was in office. It's just policy execution that was stalled.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what I mean. I wake up in the morning and read the newspaper, watch news, and it's like, damn, it's great to be an American. In many ways, we are back on the world stage. We're not a joke anymore. I mean, Trump says he's gonna do something, he does it. We got about two minutes here left, jud and I hope you don't mind me doing this.
Speaker 2: But look in your crystal ball.
Speaker 1: Let's just say, five maybe ten years down the road, what do you see Venezuela looking like.
Speaker 6: Well, it's interesting. I mean, it's gonna be slow transitional change. It's difficult. I mean, they're already talking about you know already it's far from perfect. You know, it's gonna be a far from perfect structure. But I think the pet the pet the pd DSA, the petro companies there, it's gonna take time to clean them up, right, It's gonna take time to put an infrastructure. We're gonna have to decide, you know, how much of this that we're willing to pay for. And look, you know, you don't pull back like America has to know. It's an investment. But you know, it's funny because the left is Kynesian, right, they'll just grow government and Canesian spending works. It does stimulate the economy in supply side. Lower taxation works, which is where we're at now. But you know, a balance of investment in the world stage. Listen. I think we're gonna see a more stable South America. I think that we're gonna see a destabilization of five years in Mexico. It's I mean, this, this is me and I don't want to my wife's have Mexican I go. I've been in Mexico thirty times. I love it. I think they are other Americans. I love them. You know, they're such hard working, great people. I wish that Biden hadn't flooded our nation so deeply with people from you know, below, from the South, because I wish we'd had time to do panels in every city with referrals and remove people one by one, but the Left took that from us. I think we're gonna see Venezuela as in lynch Pin an example, and I think we're gonna have to We're gonna take on Mexico and we're gonna see some different alliances form in that region. It's gonna take time, it's gonna take patients, and it's gonna hopefully we need to win that next election to the right. We definitively need, hopefully a Rubio or advance so we can continue the policy. If the policy flips over to the left, well they can do what they.
Speaker 3: Can do in Vietnam.
Speaker 6: They can flip it over.
Speaker 2: We can lose it.
Speaker 6: So, you know, hopefully America continues a rational path for stability for Venezuela.
Speaker 1: I get it, Hey, we're out of time, but I wanted to ask you, how can people get your book?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 1: You want to tell my listeners how to keep up with you.
Speaker 6: Sure, thank you so much. Everybody. Listen. I have a big real estate corporation, but I what I do is I write two articles a month for Newsmax. We have a callum there, Jut Dunning Newsmax Insider. Follow us over there. I want to follow us on Twitter. It's just jug Dunning. It's three d's, two ends jud Dunning on Twitter X and that gets you to our universe. You know. We just do a lot of radio, a lot of rational writings supporting this great country. And they're being an honored to have you follow us. And our book thirty half Reasons Why Not to Be a Liberal is on Amazon and be an honor and a pleasure to Uh it's a good way to convert people on the fence.
Speaker 1: There you go, Hey, Jud, I appreciate it so much, we really do.
Speaker 6: Thank you, all right, all right, thank you, Okay, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right? Jud Dunning.
Speaker 1: Man, that guy's on the money all the time. Hey, I'm late for the news. Mike Allen in for Willie seven hundred WLW Perre.
Speaker 7: I'll answer any questions you guys want.
Speaker 8: Hello, Piet, I'm skokes, I'm broadcasting you voted.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, Seggie. What's going on in Mike? How you doing? I'm good, I'm good, all right.
Speaker 7: The STUOT Reporter is the proud service every local tennis are heating and air conditioning dealers. Tennis are quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Sheldon Braun.
Speaker 2: Will they pay me for doing that?
Speaker 7: Thank you, Yes, Bron Heating at five one three three eight five seventy seven sixty five.
Speaker 2: But thank you Roxy.
Speaker 7: We also want to thank Ron Larkin Junior for bringing down our lunch today from Ron's Roost Restaurant and Bar thirty eight fifty three Race Road at five seven.
Speaker 2: Four o two two two. Are on that world wide web thing.
Speaker 7: Ronsroost dot net sixty five years on the good old West Side, and it's clucking good you.
Speaker 1: Had our seg I do that all the time. I can attest to that. I get the kicking there all the time. I'm getting the ribs next time.
Speaker 2: There you go. College basketball.
Speaker 7: Last night, Mike, let's see, Cincinnati was up and by much as twenty one and never trailed, knocking off Colorado seventy seven sixty eight. So the Bearcats get earned their first Big twelve win of the season. One and three nine and eight overall number two Iowa State rolls into town Saturday afternoon. More on the Bearcats Tonight, West Miller Show live from the original Montgomery In at eight oh five after Sports Talk here on seven hundred WLW. Also yesterday last night, Trey Carroll twenty nine points, Zager beat Butler eighty nine to seventy five. Kentucky wins on a last second shot by Malachi Marino at the buzzer and nip LSU on the road seventy five seventy four Texas and Sean Miller upset tenth rated Vanderbilt last night. So now just three teams left in the college ranks undefeated at eighteen and zero Miami RedHawks.
Speaker 2: Arizona and Nebraska YEP.
Speaker 7: Tonight College action Detroit Mercy up against NKU at six thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty. Uh, there's NFL news apparently. I guess John Harball is headed off to the New York Giants and a one reported one hundred million dollars deep.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, nice work if you can get it. Hey, Huh.
Speaker 7: I guess they want they want to coach, and you're gonna have to pay for it.
Speaker 2: So what's Tomlin gonna do.
Speaker 7: Uh, probably, I don't think he's gonna coach this year this coming season. Probably go to tv S. That's I'm so Reds Fest Tomorrow. Don't forget Tomorrow and Saturday. It's a Convention Center. Show runs tomorrow three to ten thirty pm and then eleven am to six thirty on Saturday. And uh, let's see, there's gonna be current players there, former players, gonna be all kind of events, a convention center. Apparently the Convention Center is beautiful with the new renovations that they made.
Speaker 2: So it's Red's Fest.
Speaker 7: It's the first event in that And also speaking of the Reds, they have signed the number six ranked international prospect on Hell Nunez Junior out of the Dominican Republic for three million dollars. He's sixteen years old, hit three point fifty with nine stolen bases at the U fifteen World.
Speaker 2: Cup and got has he got any power?
Speaker 7: They said, he's the above average arm, average, advanced play, approach, strong, back to ball skills all we know about him, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: He's got to get to he's got to get the Great American Ballpark.
Speaker 7: There you go, let's see FC Cincinnati with a couple of moves. H they have loan goalkeeper Paul Walters UH to a to a team in Ireland for the rest of the season, so he's austing. And also FC has acquired Brian Ramirez from Ecuador and from an Ecuadorian league and he's twenty five years old, so he gets a visa come in for the UH. He's a contract through twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Nine, so there you go.
Speaker 7: And then also Monday, of course Martin Luther King Day, but don't forget elite teams are gonna tip off in a high school basketball Kemba Credit Union MLK Classic at the Centas Center Monday. The schedule is at noon Lakota West and Hamilton. That'll be following one forty five Ryle in Oldham County, Kentucky, and then Lakota East and Middletown. The Midies go out into three point thirty and then Saint X and Covecath at five point fifteen. You can get tickets at MLK Hyphens Classic dot Com.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go, Hey, you'd God of darn it, seg Man, that's all right.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I do that.
Speaker 1: We talked a little bit before we went on the air about pitchers and catchers reporting February of the ninth, If my elder math is correct, that's only twenty five days. And but when you get weather like this, and that's what I think of, amen, it ain't that far away, right, and then Reds Fest will give you a little the little taste of things, yep, baseball wise, because you'll get to see your heroes all in red the current team's going to be their alumni, broadcasters, coaches, manager Terry Francona, and more so you get a little taste of baseball suming up here in the middle of January.
Speaker 2: So that's the way.
Speaker 7: That's the way it was when it the Reds Fest was in December, because they gave you that. That was that little well, I guess respite between the end of the season Reds Fest, and then right around the corner was the Caravan. But they're not doing the caravan this year because of the Convention Center. They're the first event obviously as pretty the Convention Center, so they would have been on the I think they would have been on the caravan now, but that that was replaced by Reds Fest. The caravan is going to come back next year. But I think it it's going to give fans this weekend little taste of Hey, baseball's right around the corner.
Speaker 2: There, you don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you, do you think they helped themselves in the offseason. I mean, they've got a lot of players that.
Speaker 7: Came in, but I still don't see, well the bullpen bullpen yet. But I'm thinking that bullpen has been worked on. But uh, they really haven't done anything so far with the offense. But they still have some time. So uh, you know, we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens, see what happens, and with with you know, with anybody, anybody that might be out there. There's a few, there's some guys still out there. Ahuenio Suarez, there's still available. Reese uh Hoskins first baseman, he was for the he was with the Phillies and with the Brewers. He's a he's a good power bat.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: So, I don't know, we'll see what happens. Any chance Ahuanio comes back here. I don't know if if the money's right, they go anywhere. That's true, believe me, If the money's right, and I mean, he was a beloved player here. I know he knows, he knows what's going on, but uh, you know, it all comes down to uh whether you know, I mean, he gets a taste of winning, and I know, I'm you know, they they only made the playoffs last year, but look at Kyle Schwarber. He stayed with the Phillies because they've been they've been a winner in the past, and I didn't want to go anywhere. So if they would have gotten Kyle Schwarber, they would have been I think in.
Speaker 1: Business, I let me ask you, do you think we really came that close?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, they they gave him an offer, and uh but I think that, you know, I mean, he he I think he kind of figured out that you know, hey, Philadelphia's Philadelphia's Philadelphia and they got a good team. And but he would have been a beloved figure here. Honestly, you know, I think that you know, they they they offered him the money, and you know, the Phillies stepped up and he's there. So I got you, man, That's the way it is. We'll see. So that's about it, Okay, seg thank you all. Right, Mike, very much, appreciate it. You got it, Mike, And in honor of a nice day here in the tri State, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stewod Report.
Speaker 2: Thank you welcome, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know what he said, say it a little bit, all right, thank you so much, Yes, sir man.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to take a break, but we will be back.
Speaker 1: Mike Allen in for the Great American seven hundred WLW. They we're back, Mike Allen in for Bill Cunningham. Tell you what got the TV? Turned on the Fox and they are in Minneapolis live and it looks like that you know what is going to hit the fan pretty soon. Just let me describe the scene for you those of you that can't get to a TV. They have lines of federal police officers. They're all wearing black uniforms. They have masks on, you know, the protective masks. These people are like right up in their face and I'm sure if those masks weren't there, they would be doing some spitting on the officers.
Speaker 2: It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And there's one person literally I'm not making this up and not exaggerating dressed in a clown outfit, which I think is appropriate, a full blown clown outfit with you know, with the multi colored hair and the clown outfit, and the dude is carrying a sign. The sign says nothing. It is a hand giving the middle finger, but it's upside down. Now, I guess that's supposed to mean something to them. And then you got a couple a holes walking around with the American flag upside down.
Speaker 2: Now that is.
Speaker 1: A sign of distress or something like that.
Speaker 2: You know what in this country is distressed. And if all of.
Speaker 1: Them would just get on a slow boat to China, we would not be as distressed. I have to tell you, I get the First Amendment. I think we have to make sure we protect There's that idiot clown with the finger. I gotta find out what that means. But you know, I get the First Amendment is important. But the hell with these people? I am sick and tired of it. Don't they have jobs? I mean really, it's the same ones you see over and over, and I don't think I'm gonna have time to get to it today.
Speaker 2: I probably will Saturday.
Speaker 1: There is now a congressional committee looking into who's funded Oh, shoot, there's a big fight. Somebody's beaten somebody over the head with them. No, this is two civilians going at it. I guess maybe one of them is a real American who's had about enough too. So it's look, you know what's already hitting a fan there. I would not be surprised at all if tonight Trump doesn't say enough enough. President George H. W. Bush did this, called out the federalized the National Guard during the Rodney King riots. This isn't that bad yet. But Trump, excuse the pun, I mean nothing by it. He's got a pretty quick trigger finger on this stuff. So we'll have to see tonight what happens. But it's just I get it. You know, I'm an American. We're all about peaceful protests and all this, but you get to the point where, come on, people, you've made your point. You've hurt your cause with most of the people in the country. Now, all the gang down at Starbucks, I'm sure while they're sipping their Frapatucci's talking about it. You know, they're a big deal there. But the rest of the country hates you and they are sick of you. But Professor did a good job. I suppose polluting your minds, which actually now starts in grade school unfortunately, and goes through high school certainly not might Beloved Elder High or Saint Excerpt, any GCL school like that. It just as an American who loves his country, this makes me angry.
Speaker 2: Enough is enough? Those officers there are enforcing the law.
Speaker 1: Not only is it their job to do it, it is their sworn duty to do their job. And if Joe Biden wouldn't have let in twenty million people into this country, it wouldn't be a problem. Donald Trump, about two months into office, stopped the people coming across the border cold and it really didn't seem like it was that difficult to do. You know, we're gonna be paying for this. We're gonna be paying for this for years. It just I probably ought to have turned it off or I'm gonna get a heart attact. But if any thing happens, I want to make sure I can let all of you know. But well, I'll tell you what. Those Ice agents in their black uniforms, they look somewhat intimidating. I've got no problem with that. But they're wearing masks because if they don't, well, Number one they can find their identities and dos them. That's happened before, so I'll keep you posted on all of this. Hey, we got to take a break, but when we get back, and we just talked to him a couple of days ago, but I want to talk to him again. Christopher Smithman the City of Cincinnati talking about this nonsense through Cincinnati City Council. They are going to vote coming up soon to say that they are with all these jokers up in Minnesota, Minneapolis, and what the hell's that got to do with the city of Cincinnati. Going to talk to Christopher about that and other things. We'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen's seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Two eight News.
Speaker 1: Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen in for Willie Cunningham today. I'll tell you what as I said before, I'm watching Fox. They're live in Minneapolis, and the cops moved in more accurately, the ice officers, uniformed ice officers moved in, dispersed a little bit, but people are still hanging around in their face. These cops deserve a metal and more money for putting up with this. And guess what, we have a legislative body in this town who wants to say that they support all of this crap anyway, here to talk about it is former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, former chair of the Law and Public Safety Committee, Christopher Christopher, thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I am I'm disappointed in the mayor and the Vice mayor, and you know, any member of council who's you know, for passing resolutions saying that they don't support our federal officers out here, Ice officers who you know, by the way, you know, have right now the the toughest job in the country trying to enforce our immigration laws and and all of the lies that are being told. So I just want to want to share one of the big ones, Mike. The federal ice officers are focused on criminals, and anybody who says anything different they are lying, period. So when you look at disproportionately the number of people that they're focusing on are people who who have raped Americans, drivers who killed Americans, people who have robbed Americans, right, people who are engaged in human trafficking, you know, gang members with guns like they are going after the worst of the worst. And so to see people out saying they don't want those people expelled from our country by somebody coming into my house. Mike and I prepare a dinner, right and they come in and they're just disrupting my entire dinner. I don't have the right to expel them from my home. You know, coming to America is a privilege. And so Number one, the people that are here, Mike that Ice is dealing with, they are the worst of the worst. Number Two, I want to say, the president that deported the most yeah illegal immigrants in the history of the United States of America was President Barack Obama.
Speaker 2: Six million, six million.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't I say that it makes Democrats mad, Like that's a fact pattern Like President Barack Obama did not play when it came to expelling people who came to the country illegally. Period. It's not President Trump's He can't get rid of ten million people that came across the border, so he's focused. Their teams are laser focused on those who would kill a lake and Riley, Yes, right, they're focused in on the worst of the worst. And I just don't understand why this is why this is not bipartisan Democrats, Republicans, independent everybody think good a gang member from Venezuela in our country is bad for the United States of America who did not come through the proper process. Number two, once they violated American kill, an American drunk driving kill, a family in a van, why are we arguing that they should be expelled from the United States of America.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I scratched my head on that too, Christopher, And I honestly think, and I'm watching it play out here, I think people have had about enough of this crap.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: In their faces, the officers are wearing masks, not you know, surgical mask, but an actual mask over their face.
Speaker 2: And I know why, for two reasons.
Speaker 1: They don't want their identity out there, because they'll get docs. That's happened a lot before. Number two, they'll just spit on them. It just it makes me sick. There's somebody here, Christopher, it's almost humorous, literally dressed in a clown uniform with the clown makeup and hair, carrying a sign with the middle finger upside down. Now you know, I guess he can explain what the hell that's supposed to mean. But it's just I've had enough. I know that and then they had insult to injury. As you say, this is in the inquired yesterday, maybe today Cincinnati Council to vote on resolution condemning ice killing.
Speaker 2: Now what do they know about it?
Speaker 1: And by the way, yesterday you might have seen it, and I'll shut up here in a minute.
Speaker 2: You might have seen it.
Speaker 1: That officer went the officer that was hit by the car a week or so ago, he went to the hospital. He had some serious, some fairly serious injuries. But our city council, with all the problems in the city of Cincinnati, this is what they want to work on. So many times during this year, Christopher Smithman, and all years that I've been talking to you, you have said that how much you are against a legislative body of municipality weighing in on a federal issue that they have nothing to do with.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely the truth. Charter the Charter Committee should be out right now, yep, taking a position because this is at their core, this is not good government. But let me also just play politics with it, okay, okay. So not only are they passing a resolution that has nothing to do with them, okay, and they don't even have a fact pattern to know with what they're saying is true. They do, but they're not even doing a good job at what they're supposed to be focused on. That's number two and number three. Where's the resolution on the girl who was eleven, who was murdered on that playground two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Amen?
Speaker 3: Where's that? Where's the resolution saying I condemn violence that they hit and father who ran over that. That's your business, now, that's your constituent. He killed a sheriff while in the city of Cincinnati at a University of Cincinnati graduation. Where's that resolution saying I condemn that behavior? See when it's right at home, Mike Allen, they don't have resolutions that deal with the business. If you're gonna pass something, you would think, oh, man, we're gonna condemn a person who took their car and ran over a sheriff who is out directing traffic. No, because we have a council. Bottom line, they don't like cops. They don't like they don't like FBI agents, they don't like the DEEA. They don't even like their local police department, which is why it's difficult for us to recruit and retain officers. That's why our police officers who are in drop, two years in to drop, three years into drop, they could stay eight years in the drop, and they are leaving in drove because they are tired of councils like this, mayors like this who are passing resolutions that are absolutely anti police, anti cop, anti FBI agent at, anti law and order. And Mike Allen, look, elections have consequences. Let me call out the inquirer, Mike Allen, because they kept running the ad that said Corey Bowman jd Vance's brother. What did that have to do with anything? They were in the can for the current mayor and they put their finger on the scale. They didn't have to keep saying over and over and over again that Corey Bowman was the brother of the current Vice President of the United States of America. But by the way, I just want to tell every voter in Cincinnati if we had a brother, would not that be good for the city of Cincinnati. That we have a direct connection to the white out meaning we don't even understand basic politics. Do like I'm going, well, that would be the person I'd want sitting in that chair because that person can call the Vice president and say we need to get the Western Hills by the we got to get something fixed down here. We need some federal dollars. Can you help us out. I don't get our politics in Cincinnati like we cut off our nose despite our faith. At the end of the day, this mayor and the vice mayor and all members of council are playing politics because they are now positioning themselves, meaning jam Michelle Kearney is positioning herself to run for mayor, Mayor Pureval is positioning himself to run for Congress, run for governor, run for senator. And they're trying to signal to their base. Guess what, at the detriment of cops, law enforcement, law and order, our safe, their own political careers. That's what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I singled out last week for praise a couple of city councilmen who came out strongly about giving the Hint and family any money, Seth Walsh and Jeff Kramerding. And I thought that was a profile encourage for those two guys. I really did. I'm surprised that they're a part of it, but you know what, do I know? But I was disappointed in that.
Speaker 3: Look this right now, the blue dog Democrats, the Charlie Lukins, the Tom Lukens of the world, the John Cranley's of the world. Their party has been hijacked by this lack of common sense. Let's defund the police. Let's reimagine the police. Let's hire Irish Rowlie. They are six hundred and fifty thousand dollars and nobody knows really what she's doing or what the ROI is on what she's delivering to our city with my money. They're taking my money out of my check and they're sending it down there. My point to everybody listening is the election we just had has consequences, and so when you look at the fifty two neighborhoods, they overwhelmingly voted for this. So maybe they love it as as you know, as you say, if you love it, I like it. I mean, this is the insanity of what we're dealing with, Mike Allen, where a council will go down in the middle of something that they have nothing to do with, nothing to do with, say, we're going to pass a resolution on by the way, an officer who was about to be run over by car and took out his weapon. Now I'm not talking about the videos where you see someone on the side. I'm feel with the video that I've seen where the officer is in the front of that vehicle, it is not a slam dunk to say, oh man, hey, this officer didn't have the right to pull their weapon. So in this case, here's what I want you to hear, Mike Allen into a listening audience. If this is what they're doing to ice ages. So I'm talking about our council and our mayor. They're signaling to every police officer in Cincinnati, we will throw you under the busy yep.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely. When the two council members I mentioned I'm not gonna mention it again, they came out strong and one of them, I forget which one said specifically, you know, we don't want to do this because we don't want to rub it in the cops face.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It is two different issues, but it just kind of surprised me talking about spending city money. I don't know if you saw, Christopher, it was in the inquiry this morning. City agrees to one point four to five million settlement with family of kwandavi Or Hicks that was an officer involved shooting from back in twenty fifteen where the officer was cleared seven ways from Sunday. Now it's not the eight million that they're talking about with him, but I don't know. I mean, it's a smaller amount, but I still think it sends wrong message.
Speaker 3: Twelve in the box, Yeah, why not in the box? Attorney, Yeah, in the box.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: All we gotta do is say, hey, let's bring some voters together, some people who are going to be jurors. Let them hear the case, let them decide the case. And you have these activists, prosecutors, activists, judges, activist members of council playing with our money. Meaning if if Judge Barrett said listen, I don't really see something here, it went to a higher court that came back to Judge Bartt. Judge bart said, I still don't see anything here. Let's have a trial. Let's put twelve people in the box and let them decide. Why do we keep giving money to people who have guns pointing them at officers. By the way, nine to one one calls were made, those officers were called to that scene, Mike Allan, they didn't just stumble upon it. I bet you there's case law out there that says if I see somebody robbing a bank and they run into an apartment, I can chase after them.
Speaker 2: They can I see them.
Speaker 3: So I'm just trying to figure out. I don't know all the circumstances of this case, but something tells me that twelve in the box would say, man gun pointed that officer. We're not gonna give somebody one point four million. What we have is we have an activist counsel and an activist mayor. They believe in criminal justice reparations. Right, this is what you're watching right in front of us here. And they don't want twelve in the box. They want to decide in the smoky rooms. And this is just figuratively. They're down in their rooms away from us, cutting out these deals and then surfacing them. And they're gonna be a lot of them, Brough. It is not just one to eight point one. We've got the one point four. We're gonna have the hinting they're coming behind us. And then I want to make sure I say this to you, Why are they trashing TGI keithg Why are they trashing Chief Washington? So let's go through this. So they're throwing the cops, their leadership, the fire department leadership, chief Shermon, They're throwing all of them under the bus and saying, we're gonna fight, we want to appeal, We're gonna bring our lawyers down here. Let's go to trial. We don't want to pay anything out for them. But then we see criminals with guns pointy at officers and they say, let's give them all the money.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't make any sense to me, Christopher, But unfortunately we're out of time here. I really did want to get your perspective on this, and it's always.
Speaker 6: Thank you, brother, thanks for having me on Okay.
Speaker 3: People can follow me on social media on x at vote Smitherman. It's important to follow me there like minded, so between these I can share with you where I am on some of these subjects. Thank you Mike Allen for having me on Okay.
Speaker 1: Thinking about you today, Christopher, Thank you Okay, Thank you, bye.
Speaker 2: Bye oh man.
Speaker 1: That man knows how to lay the cheese on the crackers, if you will. It's just it's unbelievable to me that council would do that. They have, like Christopher said, they have absolutely zero nothing not to do with this and with all the issues facing the city of Cincinnati, you know they're going to do this. I remember, I gotta tell this story. You only take a second or two.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, the Vietnam War was blazing. I was a young young kid, and they did the same damn thing down there, and there was one council member who did not vote on it and said things like Christopher just said. His name was Guy Guckenberger. I wrote him a letter, God, I wish I still had it, saying thank you, council Member Guckenberger for taking the position that you took. And he responded to me, that's a long, long, long time ago. It's the same thing though. Hey, listen, got to take a break, but we will be back. Mike Allon in for Willie's seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: At some point, the foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 8: Oh hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 7: The rock is here. I am honored, Mike. How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm great, brother, I'm doing good Man right a rock and roll here?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Well, I've got the Fox News turned on you. We've been watching that damn riot all day, and b I think they're getting close now.
Speaker 2: I like the guy in the clown suit.
Speaker 7: I was telling Rocky the other guy looks like a giant orange or something. I don't know. They must have sent him up from Florida or something. I don't know he's but he's acting like a peacemaker. The rest of them are I don't know.
Speaker 9: If you had to typecast the people that are protesting, it's the predominant group is white liberal women for some reason.
Speaker 7: And then yeah, then just people in just to get on or stuff social media or something. Why is that they got purple hair though? You know what, they don't have anything else to do. I guess, rock I don't know. I mean, somebody you look into. You know, these are not organic protests.
Speaker 9: Every everyone talks about all like you can go out there and voice your opinion that okay, yeah, but this is not organic. It's not a bunch of concerned citizens that showed up and said, hey man, we gotta we gotta stop this.
Speaker 2: We think this is an injustice. Were we to do. No, this is this is fully funded, paid for the whole nine Hey commerce is doing that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I hopefully they come out with a finding audit. My guess is George Soros is at the end of that money bun them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what they you know, they set up a shell company that has another shell company that you know is something like Progressforward dot org or something, and and and and they going to do these things under the shadow of some you know, different different companies, and.
Speaker 2: They do these things. It's it's awful. It's completely awful.
Speaker 9: Like I couldn't imagine being an I say, and they're they're they're there to you.
Speaker 2: Know, do their job, which is to uphold the law.
Speaker 9: It is law in this country, right and and and you know they they get these people get in front of them, right next to them with a bullhorn and scream in their ear, call them f words, calm names, block them in with cars. There's organized ways they block them in with cars. And and you expect these people not to not to react back a little bit with a little bit of hostility.
Speaker 1: Come on, Well, back in the day, it would have been a hell of a lot worse. But that's neither here nor there, I guess, Yes.
Speaker 7: Gentlemen, the Stute Reporters a proud service of your local temp Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, tamest a quality can feel in Cincinnatiko Stacey Heating and Air Solutions five one, three, three six seven h E A T Sports Finally, winners last night all over the place, Rock you see wins, Xavier wins, Kentucky wins and on a last second basket and then there's only three left undefeated in America Arizona yes, Nebraska yes, and the Miami RedHawks.
Speaker 2: And I'm not fantastic.
Speaker 9: What are they rank when ones that come out Monday, they're just outside of the top twenty five twenty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they they should be in any way, if you're eighteen and oh, I don't care what conference you're in. I don't care what it is. Win a baby games and not thank you. I don't care what conference you're in. Rank them. You know it's not Duke or nothing. But hey, you know what eighteen and oh is eighteen and oh, preach it. I hear you Tonight in college basketball Detroit Mercy and NKU at six thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty. Radsfest coming up starting Tomorrow night. They beautiful New Convention Center Downtown three pm to ten thirty Tomorrow night and then Saturday eleven am to six thirty pm. Current the whole currents the roster, will be their managers, broadcasters, everybody will be there. Red's today signing their number six rank international prospect on Hell Nunez junior out of the Dominican Republic for three million dollars. Sixteen years old oh Man hit three point fifty in the U fifteen World Cup. Recently, let's see, FC Cincinnati's been busy. They send off homegrown goalkeeper out of Westchester, Paul walters A, to an Irish club, Bohemian FC, for the rest of the year. How about that little change of scenery there for him? And then they also FC has acquired Brian Ramirez from one of the top leagues in Ecuador. Apparently a pretty good player there, so we'll see what happens. Set ten goals and seventeen assists in South America.
Speaker 2: So that's what they need, is goal scorer.
Speaker 1: I have a question, what does a sixteen year old do with a million bucks?
Speaker 2: Mom and dad probably get their hands on it, I guess.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, you know, buy a lot of shoes and iPods and and get and get a lot of friends. Yeah, a lot of people all of a sudden the other night come out of the woodwork.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: Hopefully they put that money in an account, somebody manages it for him and they rediscovered at like age thirty.
Speaker 2: Yep, amen to that. Yes, So that's all that's going on.
Speaker 7: I guess So what John Harball looks like he's going to the Giants one hundred million dollar deal, So I guess now the dominoes are going to start falling. Stefanski, I don't think Tom was not going to do anything.
Speaker 9: He was the best candidate that was available out there, and I'd say the best job you could argue is the Ravens. He's obviously not going to Ravens. So the next job Giants Jackson Dart, that.
Speaker 7: Quarterback, young quarterback who's good, Molik Neighbors, good, young wide receiver Cam Scattaboo, great young running back. I think they have the is it the fifth overall pick, and so they're gonna pick it within the top five of every round. I think their offensive line is young and has some holes, but they add a few there all of a sudden, that could be a ten win team next year.
Speaker 2: It's like that with that guy in charge. I believe it.
Speaker 3: Rock.
Speaker 1: What is Tomlin gonna do you think go in the booth for a while. I think we'll go in the booth for a year.
Speaker 9: Every company would have him anyone or they're probably knocking him down trying to get his services to do that.
Speaker 2: And then a lot of what a lot of these coaches do.
Speaker 7: We talked about this yesterday, is you know, while they're doing the TV job, Arra Myers talk about this. You know, you get to visit with sure different franchises and they open the doors and you get to see their players and talk to the GMS and talk to the coaches and talk to this guy and that to get a look under the hood of all these teams and talk about him. And while you're getting paid, you know, likely millions of dollars, you're gearing up for the next job. I think he does it for a year and then whatever I mean, was there nine NFL of eight head coach vacancies. There'll be another eight or nine next year and he'll have his pick and he'll find the team that has the best quarterback in place, the best salary cap situation, and he'll coach them, and I think he'll do a great job.
Speaker 2: Where's Marvin Lewis these days?
Speaker 4: I should know?
Speaker 2: I know that Hugh Jackson games on the radio. Jackson was at Georgia State.
Speaker 9: I know that I had them, but last time I checked, Marvelis was at Arizona State.
Speaker 7: But okay, I think he did a h I think he did a Bengals game for Westwood One on the radio, when on a when over on a road game last year or this year this past year, I think because he was at I think one of the I can't remember which one it was, but I think he was doing the color commentary on it.
Speaker 2: So I don't know mm HM as an analyst.
Speaker 4: So uh.
Speaker 9: It says as of twenty twenty four, he was an assistant coach with the Raiders, but I don't know what he what he is recently doing.
Speaker 2: Well, they come and go, I guess yep.
Speaker 9: It's a very sick if they cycle him in and out. Man, it's one of the toughest jobs in America and it's the best, the best, and you know.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine. I mean, geez, I.
Speaker 9: Had a lot of pressure, lozed stress, but lots of reward. And there's only thirty two of those jobs. So everyone's always like all the Browns jobs are terrible. I wouldn't take it. If I was Dan Pitcher, I would. There's only thirty two of them in the whole world. So you got to take the job. Even if the quarterback situation ain't great, even with the you know, the Cleveland Browns management not a great situation. You got to take the job if you get it, because how many opportunities.
Speaker 7: You're gonna get and how many times are his job is gonna come open? If he would go, you got to do it. If they if he would go, do they bring Callahan back here? Brian Callahn. I don't think he's been picked up by anybody. He got let go from Tennessee, right, I think so? Yeah, I don't know, bring him back? I mean college is different.
Speaker 9: I always think that's the fascinating argument of when, and I've seen it over the last decade or more calling games of when do you take that next job? When are you, as a you know, head coach of a of a group of five school, do you take that lead to the power forward job? And is which power forward job? Is it the right one? And sometimes you you you take a bigger job and it works out and you you do well, and then you go up even higher and then sometimes you go to a place where it's very tough to win, you can't get the resources, and you don't win, and then you go right back down and you know you want to should I have waited? It's a very very tough balance.
Speaker 2: That they lead there.
Speaker 1: I can't believe what's happened to college football with the money going back and forth with the players, and I wonder how sustainable it is, you know, like really when and you know what was Oregon's roster like thirty million this year?
Speaker 7: You know Texas was around thirty Like how long? How long is that sustainable? And at what point do I mean a rosters in a couple of years? Are they fifty million? Are they eighty million?
Speaker 2: And you hear a lot.
Speaker 9: I've been hearing a lot about some of these donors, especially the high profile donors that are given this nil money. You know, if you're a donor of a university, you are you are a fanatic about that university. You want people to love that place the way you've loved it for years and decades. But these players don't. They're there for a year and then maybe it gone. A lot of times I don't even say thanks Troy Aikman was. He gave money to UCLA's nil and he said, I'm never doing it again.
Speaker 2: So I gave out some money.
Speaker 7: He goes and I never heard from the guy that never said thanks, never nothing and left. Well in Miami did the same thing, right, They had their quarterback leave and they put a freshman in there for the for the rest of the season. Their guy at the RedHawks left. Oh yeah, the kwan Finn left. Yeah, he left, so I mean, you know, and he what three or four million bucks or whatever it was, he said, see you later. I got the money, see you a Miami and moved on to someplace else.
Speaker 2: I think, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Hopefully they get to recoup some of that money because the corn fin did not in fact finish the season with the Right Hawks, so there should be some sort of repercussion.
Speaker 7: And apparently I guess in part of his deal, Brendan Soresby has to give back a million bucks to U.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 2: I think that should I think they should have that.
Speaker 9: I have long thought that if especially if you're all like a group like a G five school, and say you're Toledo, right, and you're a great player, and you go on and you take a million dollar nil deal at Ohio State. Okay, Toledo should get compensated something for losing a player something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what exactly the number is.
Speaker 9: But it's so hard for those schools because you know, you go and you know you're not if you're at Toledo, for instance, you're not recruiting and getting four and five star guys for the most part, right, Okay, you're getting like a you're finding a diamond the ruck. You're finding a two star guy or a three star guy with potential, and then you go there and you help develop that potential for two years, and your reward if they go somewhere else as you get something in return.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would think, I mean health, they're using their image and like this. Now I've heard it's even coming down to the high school level.
Speaker 2: Now what is and I is legal?
Speaker 9: It's now in forty six states, right yeah, And I'm telling you I don't I can't confirm it, but I know it's happening. There are schools around that I know right now that are losing players to other schools.
Speaker 2: And you went, why are they going to that school?
Speaker 7: I can't can't say exactly who yet, all right, but I'm just saying it's going on. But what about the little Rocks and your Super Bowl teams? Is the nil boys that showed up there lately? We're entertaining offers as we speak. Okay, all right, here we go speaking of this. We're gonna talk about this on the show here. But two different crazy portal situations.
Speaker 1: TJ.
Speaker 9: Finley is a quarterback. He was at Georgia State last year. He is in his seventh year and is signing with his seventh school or something about that.
Speaker 7: Wow, maybe he's going to have a big man cave and there's rock with all the jerseys on the wall.
Speaker 2: Ye really seven and seven.
Speaker 7: There's another quarterback here that we'll talk about. I'll give you more more details later. But he's on his fifth college and six years and his eleventh different school in ten years.
Speaker 2: Geez, that's.
Speaker 1: That's like a journeyman baseball player. You know, one one season here with somebody, then the next one that's nuts. I mean, can they theoretically, I guess, get in the transfer portal anytime they want.
Speaker 9: Well, the problem is that it keeps going to court. And that's what's going on right now with you know, like Diego Pavia. Right, he's the quarterback of Vanderbilt. Well, he played a couple of years at a at a JUCO school. Well he's saying, well, you know, I should be able to you know, retain those two years to be able to play at the FBS level. Because and then then it goes to court, and usually what they say is, well, you're inhibiting my client's ability to make a living. And that's how they keep getting their you know what kicked in court. It hasn't been settled yet with with uh, with what's gonna happen with Pavia, But that's that's what happens, is they always make the case in the n C double A just keeps.
Speaker 7: Losing that while you're declining. You know, you're you're not allowing my client to make a living, and that's that's not right. Well, you know what, the lawyer's got to get their money. I mean, come on, that's that's that's at the root of the issue where we're coming from. Well, you know, and then they just announced what yesterday or today that the portal in college basketball is going to open like the day after the National Championship game and run fifteen days. So now it's like, yeah, that that's the next step is the college basketball players are going to be leaving and all this all this stuff, and they're gonna, you know, they're gonna be scattering all over the place at least as after the national championship game in college. Right now, it's happening, you know, right now, Yeah, right now during the balls he's how Bullsey's raising.
Speaker 2: So it really is.
Speaker 1: And you talk about how much it's changed, I guess really isn't anything any such thing anymore as a student athlete. I mean, do those people that go like the examples you're giving, do they ever get their degree? I don't think they probably care about it. It's I don't have the stat in front of me. Yeah, it's like an astounding number of kids every year go into the portal with us.
Speaker 9: You know, they have a scholarship. They go in the portal, and they don't come out of the portal with a scholarship. Okay, so that's that's tough. I saw at something like thirty percent of college football players were in the portal this past hour.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm getting the word from the sheriff. We got to get out of here. Listen to the sheriff guy.
Speaker 2: Mike, we leave you with the immortal words of the student report. That's all right.
Speaker 6: I've always felt the nine most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sir the Great Ronald, here you go.
Speaker 1: It doesn't get any better, all right, guys, thanks again, all right, Mike Allen
Speaker 2: And for Willie seven hundred wl W