Speaker 1: Mojo in the morning. Today is very special day. Happy birthday to Shannon's husband Wes, celebrating a birthday today.
Speaker 2: His birthday today were we were sitting on the porch last night. It was me and Loose and Wes, and I said to West, I was like, oh my god, I came look, it's your birthday today, forty six. You're turning forty six, you old man. And he looked at Lucy and he was like, do you think I look forty six? And she said, yeah, you do. And he was like, is it the gray hair? And She's like yeah. He now thinks he is going to go to CVS and buy a box of Just for Men and dye his hair black, which is his natural color. And he did that when we first started dating, and he looked like a clown. He looked so ridiculous, and so I said to him, please do not do that. There is nothing that screams I'm old and want to look young. Then a looking guy who has unnaturally very very very dark hair and like, I love your gray hair.
Speaker 3: He's one of the few that can pull it off.
Speaker 4: I really do do not do that.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can't tell you something. There's certain people that can't ever do that die their hair. George Clooney and Wes Whitlam.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I love a silver fox.
Speaker 1: He looks great. I'll tell you I'll take that hair in any day. That's the greatest hair ever. Don't you think there's certain people that are gray that look good.
Speaker 5: I just feel like I'm not a fan of to die. It never looks natural. I rarely, if ever, have seen someone mix it in properly. It just looks bad, like you can clearly identify, like, sorry, that's not.
Speaker 4: Your Let me find a photo. He did it when we first started dating.
Speaker 2: He did it to his hair because he was he has dark he had dark had animal he had darker hair and like a beard and goatee and stuff. But then I remember seeing him one day, I was like, what the heck happened? He had died it.
Speaker 5: It looked like I don't know if y'all used to do this, but used to go to like I think we used to get them from Payless. One of them shoes starts pay Less were a full locker. But when you used to have the white air Force ones and he used to get dirty. He used to be like this white tube and the topies have like sponge happen. You would like dot your shoes spongy and try to like do your best to mix it all with that.
Speaker 3: Right now, but never it would never look properly real. I could never get it.
Speaker 1: So I have to tell you it's funny. I tell you with go going gray, there's here's the thing. There's two things, as a guy going and women too. Women do it all. Why is it that women can always tie their hair but men can't tie their hair because.
Speaker 2: We let we are either skilled at it and can do it at home, or we let a professional do it.
Speaker 3: And I feel like they've been dying it for a lot longer.
Speaker 2: Correct, But the goal for women is to make it look natural, and I think guys are just like I just want to look young.
Speaker 6: To me, when it gets unnatural, is the beard like for some reason the beard died.
Speaker 3: It never works out well for a man. You know, it's well, you know what's interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this too, that when a guy dyes his hair dark and his face is weathered like he's old weathered, he's got the weathered look a little bit. I see this sometimes, and I'll see guys doing it and I'm like going, man, I don't you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Face looks stressed like the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your hair, you look hair wise like you are, you know, trying to be like you're thirty five, forty years old.
Speaker 4: Your face looks like you're seven.
Speaker 1: Your face, your face looks like your age whatever your agent. Yeah, it's pretty wild and you can't change it. Although I do like this look. And this is Do you guys remember Dick Purton at all? Yeah, Dick Purton. You ever know what he looked like?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Dick.
Speaker 1: Dick Purton was a gray haired man but had a black mustache.
Speaker 2: He was a big like Perkins mustache, got a big mustache.
Speaker 3: Juel Perkins had the greatest like you know any way.
Speaker 4: You keep talking about him in past ten. He's still very much alive, but.
Speaker 1: He's not on the air anymore. He's by the way, he's a ninety year old man though he is ninety. Juel Perkins, who used to he was a big TV guy and in Detroit, Huel Perkins would always have like the really nice, like dark mustache, but he would have the silver hair. What's going on, Liz, what do you thought? Your thoughts on Shannon's husband dying his hair.
Speaker 2: I think that West should embrace his wisdom Tensel with some tinsole.
Speaker 4: I have never heard that, and that is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you have Liz?
Speaker 1: Have you seen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, I'm thirty seven and I have recently started popping out some gray hair.
Speaker 6: And I was fucking them out, just one at a time.
Speaker 4: But I come to the conclusion I.
Speaker 1: Just need to embrace the and what happens turn gray?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you when women are gray?
Speaker 1: To me, it's sexy as hell, especially black women that have gray hair, like when black women have like beautiful gray hair. Helen Little was on that panel with me. That Wasn't you remember her Lydia and Bianca Helen who was sitting next to me.
Speaker 3: Look her up on Social Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's unbelievable. She works for our station in New York. I heard here, Liz, You've seen what West looks like, right?
Speaker 3: I mean she hung up the phone on me. Ellie, you've seen what West looks like.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: You've seen Shannon and West and pictures and stuff. Yes, does he look like Shannon's dad? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 2: My dad is very handsome though, although I'll tell you what. My dad's a handsome man.
Speaker 1: You and West go out in Birmingham. You guys, you know the couple of couples there. If West starts dying his hair, people are going to think that you're cheating on Wes. You know, they know West from the gray hair. You can't all And that's the thing. West, you're gray, now you're gray. You gotta go, You gotta stay away.
Speaker 2: Why is George texting me to come in for color?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Called George up? I want to get George. George's perspective. Do you know that when I would go to Katrina, Katrina would never die. I asked her to dye my hair just like Wes.
Speaker 4: I I like your I like your salt and pepper hair. Don't do it.
Speaker 3: So I asked Katrina to do it. She would not.
Speaker 1: She said, I will not do it because I don't want I think that you look too good like that, So she actually refused to do it. I wonder if George would, I wonder if Hey, what's up, Kai? How you doing fantastic? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 6: I was just saying that both my husband and my partner, they both have gray hair, and I it it's the sexiest.
Speaker 4: Thing ever in a second.
Speaker 3: Bet you say it?
Speaker 6: Who my husband and my partner? They both have great hair.
Speaker 4: Explain this.
Speaker 3: We have like a big relationship going on. It's a polyamory.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I love this.
Speaker 3: Did one have it before the other?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: They both.
Speaker 6: My husband's been gray since he was sixteen. He started going great when he was sixteen. And my partner just as long as I've known him, he's had gray hair.
Speaker 1: So here's the interesting thing with this. If one goes and dies it, the other has to. If you're in a poly relationship, because you got to compete or or you keep it or you can. Well that's it. Yeah, you have one with one and one with the other. You feel like you're dating two different Well, I guess you are dating two different type of people. That's amazing. That's amazing relationship. So one woman, two men. Do the men also get involved in the fun?
Speaker 3: No? No they don't. God, that's us and sound like it's fair. It doesn't sound like it's fair. That well, they can probably have other women. I don't think they get involved in fun together. It's always sane. I don't know. Let's go back to the.
Speaker 6: Hair dying anything whoever he wants.
Speaker 3: You threw me for all.
Speaker 6: My other partner has a wife.
Speaker 3: Oh does his wife know about you?
Speaker 6: Yes, she does.
Speaker 3: Are your husband and partner around the same age?
Speaker 7: No, they're actually twenty years apart.
Speaker 3: Wow, the partners. What's the age?
Speaker 6: Oh, my husband's forty five and my partner is sixty five.
Speaker 3: Oh you went older for the partner. But he's dyed his hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was going to say. I was thinking she was going to say twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks like he's twenty because he dies his hair.
Speaker 7: He looks young.
Speaker 6: He looks pretty young.
Speaker 1: Hang on the line, six year old. No, don't you don't you want to know what she looks like. I want to know what she looks like. Yeah, I want to see that. George from six Salan is on with us.
Speaker 3: Guys. What's up, George?
Speaker 6: It's great mourning everyone.
Speaker 1: George, what are your thoughts? And West is one of your best buddies in the world. Do you think he should dye his hair?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, absolutely, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's too good. I have all that. Oh we have all that great head of hair.
Speaker 6: I don't care what color it's growing.
Speaker 3: Out of my head as long as I have all that.
Speaker 6: Hair on my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: At what level do you think a guy should stop dyeing his hair if he's dying at.
Speaker 7: George, Well, first of all, there's a lot of different ways of doing this, And I text Wes when I heard.
Speaker 6: You guys talking about it, I said, absolutely not.
Speaker 7: When I see a guy dye their hair when it goes black, I mean, come on, you're not twenty two years old anymore.
Speaker 6: You're not fooling anyone.
Speaker 7: They do a different thing what we call color blending, which no one can tell. I promise you nobody could tell. And it just makes the white hair less white, so it makes it like a darker gray. I guess I want to say, sure, oh you want to talk about this and not talk about the conversation you were having this little minute ago with the partners and the husband.
Speaker 3: I know you're not as interesting as I'm going to tell you. George.
Speaker 6: I was sitting here listening to it. I'm like, oh, wow, look at this.
Speaker 1: Can I can I tell you something interesting when we're talking about Harry?
Speaker 3: I just George just threw me for a loop. Now I'm thinking about Kai.
Speaker 1: I think that it's if you're a guy with a certain color hair, you can get away with it. Like guys who have like like blondish hair, they don't look like they age as much as the guys with darker hair.
Speaker 2: Well, and it also doesn't look as fake if they do throw a little bit of die in it.
Speaker 7: Out of every single gentleman that comes in the salon that I kind of work on in color, I only have one guy that I actually color the gray where it's like and he's a blonde where you can't, I'm actually putting color on his hair, and everybody else is I.
Speaker 6: Do the gray blending because it looks that much better.
Speaker 7: You can never tell if you have sunglasses on, which sometimes when you have sunglasses on and the guy's got.
Speaker 6: Chad black hair, it's like the old g I Joe from the seventies.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's there's one guy I know who claims he has never dyed his hair once in his life and he's got the darkest hair, and it's Joe Lucido from Lucido Find Jewelry.
Speaker 4: That is so true.
Speaker 1: So in his wife Chris swears that there's no little black spots in their shower. You know, the sheets or whatever swears. So Joe has got to be mid fifties. Yeah, and he's.
Speaker 3: Got I'm going to tell you that my father did not have.
Speaker 6: Gray hair until he was in his early sixties.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: My mother has been coloring her hair since she was in her mid twenties.
Speaker 6: That's my people.
Speaker 3: You see like your dad dyes his hair.
Speaker 6: I'm like, would you not dye my father's hair? It is his dark black hair.
Speaker 1: It's it's got to just be some kind of genetic thing, right. That's amazing. Well, we're going to go back to Kai.
Speaker 7: Thanks Joe, I love you, buddy,