Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Wine Bill Handle here.
Speaker 3: It is a Wednesday morning, October twenty nine. Some of the big stories we're looking at. President Trump has said when asked and now there's some kind of movement saying third term, third term. When asked about it, he said, it's pretty clear the US Constitution does not permit him to run for a third term in office.
Speaker 2: Pretty clear.
Speaker 3: It's crystal clear. It is completely clear. It's unequivocally clear. It's clear. It's insanely clear. He can't do it, and he's admitting it. But I'm sure he's having a great time with this.
Speaker 2: There's yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, one of the things the president does is he has a great times.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, he loves being president.
Speaker 3: He said that just as some people hate it, some presidents couldn't wait to get the hell out. And I think Donald Trump is going to be not very happy when he leaves because he enjoys it so much. Okay, I want to talk about alien beings. There is some kind of maybe it's a comet, Maybe it isn't moving towards Earth now, it's not going to hit us. But on the first of July. Astronomers using Atlas. That's asteroid terrestrial impact last alert system.
Speaker 2: God, I love these acronyms.
Speaker 3: There's a telescope in Rio Hrstado, Chile there was this fast, faint moving object, never seen anything like it. It's officially named three to one Atlas and it marks only the third confirmed interstellar object ever observed. The first one was al Mama Muay. I'm assuming it was someone that was doing the hula when it was discovered. That was twenty seventeen. And there is two to one Borisov, probably someone eating borsched in Russia that is twenty nineteen. So what exactly is three to one Atlas. Well, it's believed to be a comet. It has a tail, is getting brighter that approaches the Sun. It shows signs of dust and gas being released.
Speaker 2: It looks pretty much like a comet.
Speaker 3: And incidentally, its name three to one Atlas is it's the third interstellar object found after the first two. Obviously, I for Interstellar Atlas for the telescope network that spotted it. Now why are people paying attention? It's speed and trajectory. It's not gravitationally bound to the Sun, which all comments are or most of them.
Speaker 2: So guess what.
Speaker 3: It had to be originated from another star system and it wandered into our star system by chance. Also, according to astronomers, it's a race seeing through space at a speed that's increasing, and it's not being pulled. It's too fast to being pulled by the gravity of the Sun.
Speaker 2: You know, they can figure that stuff out.
Speaker 3: You know, a comet is moving at a certain speed because the gravity of the Sun.
Speaker 2: They know what that is. This is going way too fast for that.
Speaker 3: Now, for most astronomers, it's a natural phenomena, very exciting. But there is one and his name is Avi Loebe, and he is known as a crazy man because within scientific circles there is one. Of course, the conspiracy theorists will go up and he's the end all be all. What makes him so interesting is he is a theoretical theoretical astrophysicist at Harvard. Okay, that's not to say you don't have crazy people at Harvard.
Speaker 2: There are plenty of them.
Speaker 3: So when a series of scientific x essays published in the publication media, and this is where the paper literally lifts off the table and flies around and it reads itself to you, he argues that scientists should still consider whether this object could be an alien technological or an artificial probe, or an artifact from another civilization. One of his essays, does three to one Atlas generate its own light? Does its brightness stem from self illuminosity rather than the reflected sunlight? Like every comet? Is is it different? Well, of course, NASA said, it's nuts. It looks like a comet, It does comet things. It walks like a duck, talks like a duck. Is probably a duck. It is very, very very strongly resembles in almost every way of the commets that we know, although there are a couple things about it. Now. Even Lobe has acknowledged in one of his blog posts that the sim helpless hypotheses is that three to one Atlas is a comet. However, he says, we have to look at this, we have to look at the possibility that this may be alien technology, And NASA responded with with we have to look at the possibility that Lobe is out of his mind and is a fruitcake.
Speaker 2: No, as a matter of fact, it's more than.
Speaker 3: A possibility, it's it's a probability that he's out of his mind. I mean he's known for this, and what makes him so interesting. I mean, there are crazy uh there. We know they're conspiracy theorists out there that are nuts, and almost never are they legitimate people in the terms of having credentials.
Speaker 2: For example, the vaccine.
Speaker 3: People, they rely on one study done by Wakefield. This doctor, in all of his information, what he based his survey on was completely debunked because he made that stuff up, and he lost his license to practice medicine based on that. Yet he is the basis for the vaccine conspiracy. Vaccines cause autism?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I think? It just occurred to me.
Speaker 3: I think I genuinely believe that RFK Junior suffers from autism. I think he suffers from it, and I think he's trying to move attention away from him. Remember yesterday, dogs having autism. There's crazy out there. There's crazy. Okay, Now, gun control and I was always an advocate of gun control, and that ship has sailed. The only thing left now is you can't have eighty eight Howitzer's RPG low grade nuclear weapons in your backyard. Short of that, there is much control out there now. There is another aspect of this, and this is state by state, it's very different. There is an article in the Wall Street Journal and the title is six words every killer should know.
Speaker 2: I feared for my life. Officer.
Speaker 3: It's easier than ever to kill someone in America, to actually get away with it, and sometimes legitimately and sometimes questionable. In thirty states thirty states, more than half, it requires only a claim you killed while protecting yourself or others. Now, Americans, because we are a gun culture, we've long been free to use deadly forced to defend ourselves at home. No one is arguing against that. And those are the standiard ground laws. Those extend legal protections to public places.
Speaker 2: Stand your ground means you don't have to just be at home. You can be in a public place.
Speaker 3: And if you feel threatened, you can unload and kill someone. And let's say the police are now looking at it, and there are only two people that are there if there are no witnesses, and that is the person who has died and the person who's alive. So you take a statement from the person who is alive, Officer, I was merely protecting myself. And then the cops look at the dead person down there. What do you have to say, not much. That's stand your ground laws, and thirty states have those. And what does that mean, Well, that means that in those states, the while you want to call murders, the shootings, the deaths have risen substantially in recent years because the number of states that are adopting standard ground laws have been extended have increased.
Speaker 2: So here is a stat that the Wall Street Journal looked at.
Speaker 3: Justifiable homicides, that is, an officer I feared for my life by civilians increase fifty nine percent from twenty nineteen through twenty twenty four. Sixteen percent rise in total homicides. For the same period, total homicides sixteen percent. The ones where officer I feared for my life, those went up by fifty nine percent. Now I have a great quote. First, I want to tell you about a retired Las Vegas police officer. He walked free after shooting a retired computer network engineer over a dispute who had the right of way in a Walmart parking lot. Both men got out of their cars, both were armed, and the ex officer said the retired engineer pointed a gun to him, and according to the dead man's widow, only two people know what happened. Unfortunately, my husband is dead and what ends up happening. In many stand your ground cases, authorities are left to rely on the word of survivors. And so I'm going to come back I talk a little bit more about this journal analysis and states where stand your ground and those that you can only know your house is your castle. You can defend your castle, whatever the hell they call it, and California being one of those where you have to retreat if at all feasible. In thirty states you don't have to retreat. You can just unload if you fear for your life. Retreating is not required as it is in California. Okay, this was a study just came out from the FBI and it said JUSTI file. Homicides by civilians went up fifty nine percent in cities and counties that only allow or only or do allow shootings killings, and they are stand your ground rules. Stand your ground laws allow you to be in a public place and shoot someone that.
Speaker 2: You reasonably fear is going to kill you.
Speaker 3: Now, California and other states, the other half of the states, what they say is you have to retreat. You cannot just shoot someone. You have to you have to make available or if there is available a retreating you don't have to and stand your ground. You can do it in a public place. No one argues shooting someone in your house. Someone's breaking in your house, you can shoot those people.
Speaker 2: Although I have heard.
Speaker 3: From police officers, former police officers, if someone ever breaks into your house, whatever you do, you cannot shoot that person in the back. So what you do is you take the guy that's on the ground that you have killed and turn him over and at least put a knife in his hands. And then no one is going to argue because you have to retreat. And once your life is no longer in danger, boom. You can't shoot and stand your ground laws. You can be in a public, public place and you don't have to retreat.
Speaker 2: That's not mandated by law.
Speaker 3: And so I've got the greatest quote going that I wanted to share with you, and I read this thing and it's just absolutely terrific. Okay, there is a Democratic legislator who was arguing against stand your ground laws and he said he raised a hypothetical dispute right there on the floor of the legislature and he said, let's say I'm in a supermarket line, and I'm in the ten items or less line and I've got fifteen items. The shopper behind me is understandably irate and proceeds to push me out of line. And I feel that somehow I am in danger and I'm fearing for my life. Remember this is subjective, Okay, he said. Can I then pop a cap on him, proceed to check out my fifteen items and ask for a cleanup in line three?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not bad.
Speaker 3: After the law on Florida passed, it reported an increase in justifiable homicides, excluding those by the police.
Speaker 2: And here were the figures.
Speaker 3: I mean they're small, but they're growing fifteen a year in the ten years before the law. Forty five hit in twenty two thousand and nine. In twenty twenty there was seventy seven. You can see the increase. And then at that point Florida simply stopped reporting the data. We're not going to tell you how many people were killed. We don't want to deal with it. Reportable justify you or reported justifiable homicides have risen in years and twenty states and those are why don't we put it this way? Without specific stand your ground laws? They don't do well with stand your ground laws, they do well. And the bottom line is the more people that have guns, I mean, it's just straight statistics. The more people that have guns, the more people are going to use guns. For example, the more people that are mentally ill, the more people are going to act out because they're mentally ill. It's just a question of numbers. And one legislator said, if everybody has a gun, and I've heard this before, if everybody has a gun and anticipates everybody having a gun, we're not going to see much of the kinds of shootings. Who's this said?
Speaker 2: An armed society is a polite society.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: I mean, is it. I'll tell you one thing. Road rage that kills people.
Speaker 3: And in these stand your ground laws, the road rage ines that in this incidences have increased dramatically. And so if someone cuts me off, for example, I used to flip the bird at that person.
Speaker 2: I used to get very angry.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I'd open the window as they were passing or they were coming back, or I was passing them. Let's say they were tailgating me and then they zip past me. I'd open my window and scream you a hole. Today I just wave hello. I don't care what they do. Hey, how's it going? Nice day, isn't it? Because I don't know when these guys are going to pull out a shotgun and shoot me through the side window.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I am not exaggerating.
Speaker 1: So you're saying an armed society is a polite society. You're polite or I'm polite. That is absolutely correct. However that someone who has a gun may not be so polite. Uh that's the problem because again I'm gonna go back to statistics.
Speaker 3: And this isn't a value judgment. This isn't my ideas or should be gun control of some kind.
Speaker 2: It's real simple.
Speaker 3: The more people that have guns, the more shootings are going to take place.
Speaker 2: It's it's not complicated.
Speaker 1: You know what I carry in my car A wave, A wave and I'm sorry, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: That's all you can do. All you need to do just that thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So uh it's that. And California, of course has the retreating law. You must retreat, So all right, so much for that. All right, we're gonna eat.
Speaker 2: Oh I want to end up with this. This is fun.
Speaker 3: There is a story they came out of the Times, and I love this story. And there's a growing fringe of people who say it is time for an absolute monarchy. Now when I think about fringe groups, and I used to think, come on, guys, I mean they're fringe, But look at what's happening today. What used to be fringe people standing on street corners with bullhorns are now.
Speaker 2: In the highest reaches of government.
Speaker 3: There are cabinet members and they were considered fringe just a few years ago. So you look at this, you go, Okay, we no longer dismiss fringe anymore. And these young Americans are in their twenties for the most part, and this thing is growing. They want a monarchy, but they want they don't want King Trump. And it's kind of interesting about this because there are well Trump supporters who do want a King Trump.
Speaker 2: Not so much a King Trump.
Speaker 3: They're not talking about King Trump, but a president that gets re elected. And the President said, I don't want to be king, and I believe that. Does he want to be elected and be the president for the rest of its Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think he'd enjoy that.
Speaker 3: But I think there are plenty of presidents who when they leave would love to continue on with their presidency. Bill Clinton loved being president and was not happy when he left. Obama I'm sure would have easily and gladly done another term. And then there are presidents that just hated it and couldn't wait to get the hell out. Who Truman was one of them that just couldn't wait to get out. And so this whole argument about the king Trump and even to the point where no king's the rally two weeks ago were millions of people showed up and I was there, and I was the only sign that I saw freedom of the press because that was my issue, and everybody else it was no kings and pictures of Donald Trump with a crown that was crossed out. I mean, people, I think are genuinely afraid. Am I afraid? No. I think he believes that we should not have a quote, absolute monarchy. I think he believes there should be elections, free elections, but only when Republicans win, because that's the only free election. He has said that if a Democrat wins, it's a rigged election of course by definition, and so you know, I think he's having a lot of fun with this is what I think it is. Look at the video that he posted. He's flying in f sixteen. He has a crown on his head and he flies over a group of demonstrators. Strangely enough, the know Kings march demonstrators and unloads just this enormous amount of liquid. Well, clearly it was crap that he unloaded. And so he's joking about being king. But you know, is there any truth to the jokes? Yeah, not king, although look at what people are saying. First of all, he it's as much power as he possibly can, There's no question about that. As president, he stretches the limits of the presidency and has the court agree with him that he's very close to in many cases absolute power. And another fun thing is look at the he loves gold. He's very much like Louis the fourteenth Versailles. Everything is gold. I mean, look at the great, big, beautiful ballroom that he is building.
Speaker 2: It's all gold.
Speaker 3: It looks like a lot of like the ballroom at mar A Lago, which is all gold. Have you ever seen photos of the inside of his house at Trump Tower in New York, Man, Come on, it's all gold. So I'm just having a good time with this. And my point is fringe is no longer fringe. That's the crazy part of this. Okay, we're done, Neil, looks like you want to say something or not.
Speaker 1: No, I was just saying that there's I don't know what it is about gold, but it always looks cheap.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah right, yeah, no gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If it's yeah, if you have a gold bar and you're you know, it's you know, a pound or two and using it as a doors like as a doorstop, that's not cheap.
Speaker 2: That's kind of yeah. It always looks cheap to me, it does. It does. So anyway, so much for that. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.