Speaker 1: Man, it's the Border Battle week and we have your final shot to be Rube of the Game this season. Swing by the Plaza outside US Bank Stadium this weekend before kickoff and ask our street team how you can score Papa Murphy's game. Dame Meal deals for a year. Details at KFE dot com.
Speaker 2: Keyword calendar pizza is good man. Hell yeah, yes, you guys ever do one of those things, we're.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Oh.
Speaker 2: You you're like your join One's apps and it shows you all the different things you're paying for.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, A right man for you.
Speaker 2: I have not one but two different serious X implants, have not one but two different Apple plans. So if I get distracted this morning because I'm canceling a lot of things, I'm embarrassed to tell you how much I spend a month on on duplicate plans.
Speaker 1: Get it flagged the Quibby subscription, and you're obviously going to keep that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to keep that because I still I'm not giving up. Plus, I sure do, I sure do. And you know what, I love it.
Speaker 3: It's just old episodes of Martin says.
Speaker 2: I have two different serious action plans, and I'm trying to cancel, but I can only find one of them, even though it's obviously I have two m boy And you know what, can you imagine how much money like Netflix and all those companies make off this stuff? Yeah, you pay multi right, it's my fault. I'm not saying same fault. Mine's my phone, but I'm taking care of it today.
Speaker 3: How long?
Speaker 1: Like this is a morbid, but it might be a cows like if you die, Like, how many people? How many people are Dad paying subscriptions?
Speaker 3: Because whatever account hasn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know there's like sixty eight people in Houston, but like outside of Houston, right, think about that?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's something you get to deal with as as an executor of a will. Yeah, handle canceling subscriptions and or canceling credit cards and or closing bank accounts. Sure, unfortunately you just close a bank account. They can't take any more out.
Speaker 2: Of it, I suppose really, Yeah, change plan, change plan change.
Speaker 3: The gyms are the worst.
Speaker 5: Oh one, so because they make you physically go into the gym to cancel. You know, they're in the middle of COVID. They're like, we don't care, bro, you better get your ass in here. If you don't want to be an Alley Fitness anymore.
Speaker 2: I guess you better not canceled if you don't want COVID.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny about your your serious subscriptions. You're going to try to cancel them, and they're gonna be like, well, how about this. We'll give you five dollars a month on this one, and like seven dollars a month on this one.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna say yes because.
Speaker 2: I own that car in two years.
Speaker 1: Well but okay, I about this three dollars a month on the car you don't known anymore.
Speaker 2: Let's see you want to stay and save No.
Speaker 1: That's everybody. Oh man, I don't envy you at all. That's gonna be a chat.
Speaker 2: I don't want to chat with anything. Just cancel the sun of a This is gonna be fun. Yeah, Hi, I'm harmony.
Speaker 3: Oh I know all right? Oh? Is this this kind of thing? Is this?
Speaker 4: Is this the kind of thing that you find it yourself doing at the end of a year, Like this feels like that, This feels like a New Year kind of I'm gonna try something, you know. There's something cool about like the week between Christmas and New Year's where You're like, you know what, I'm going to make this change to my life because there's a lot else bothering me right now, Like I don't really have to work as much or nobody's I'm not. I don't have the demands I usually have. I've got some time. Mymand's I'm going to rewrite some portion of my life and it's one of the things I dig about this time of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but boy, they do make it hard because they want you to just say, you know what, never mind, I'd rather keep paying this money than go through all the time. But I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Whatever harmony you don't have any time shares Hockey.
Speaker 2: You no, but I'd love to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is camp an News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Championship and talk about it all morning. World Juniors MN two six dot com. Get your tickets. That's packed the place. There's some very affordable options Tomorrow night for the United States versus Sweden, and of course quarterfinals, Friday, semifinals on Sunday, and then gold and bronze game on Monday.
Speaker 3: Again. Get your tickets now.
Speaker 1: Join the fun and excitement and check out the Bold North breakaway as well.
Speaker 3: Rice Park is wonderful.
Speaker 2: That's right. I've got some tough stories to start tom News today. Yeah, I'd love to and celebrate the life of a Minnesota firefight ten Birds of Rush City, Minnesota, died on December twenty second, following a serious medical incident. Firefighters and friends of him across the state showed up to the A Church in Forest Lake to pay their respects to Berts. He was a highly decorated Navy seal and firefighter. He was remembered as someone who always went out of his way to help others. Worked for the Harrison Line of Lakes fire Departments, graduated from the Saint Paul Fire Academy just five days before he died. Yeah, yeah, youh goodness sakes. Here's another just terrible story. A hospital patient facing murder charges after an alleged fatal assault on a guard in Wyoming, Minnesota. According to criminal complaint, thirty five year old Jonathan Wench swung and struck a security guard while attempting to flee. The guard. Andrea Morell died of severe head trauma. Yeah, forty three year old Ramsey County Medical cresentitor set. Her cause of death was traumatic head injuries due to physical assault. She died from her injuries two days after the alleged attacks, which again happened on Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: And I had one more terrible story that I want to mention. Uh So this year in the NASCAR world, Denny Hamlin, he's been talking all all the year about his his dad being in very poor health. He came very close to winning his first ever NASCAR Cup Series championship, uh in in part he wanted to do it for his dad. He again just do his A bad series of circumstances fell short. But still we'd heard all sorts of stuff about his dad and the other night parents had a house fire and his dad passed away in the house fire. His mom is now fighting some some big battles.
Speaker 3: With burns and then everything.
Speaker 1: So it's just been a nightmare month for for the NASCAR world. And uh, Dennis Hamblin rest in peace. He hye, he made a champion with his son and just horrible story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I mean to obviously just say the obvious, don't you even more now he got in a championship. Yeah you know, so I mean this He was so close this year. Again, so close this year. So yeah, that sucks. H And I guess well, this is much better news regardless of your political leadings. This is great news. Minnesota Senator John Hoffman is announcing a run for a fifth term. You remember that name because John and his wife Yvette were shot in their Champa at home in June during what law enforcement called politically motivated attacks. According to Senator Hoffman, he's seeking reelection to keep leading with dignity. Happened to be as he grew up with Stretch, the guitar player for the Fabulous Armadillos. And yeah, he came to our show not long after he got out of the hospital after one of his surgeries, and good Man and I went through some terrible stuff. So I'm glad to see that he's able to do that.
Speaker 3: So for sure, there you go. I hope he wins one hundred percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: Yep, was that Marnie coming in over there?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 2: How was the drive?
Speaker 6: Not good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, not good. But the good news is it's snowing so.
Speaker 6: Things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jeez, I wish when they were doing all the remodeling here that they take all that tenting off the window so I could see if this actually was snowing outside. You just can't tell. You're sitting here and talk about what the weather's doing outside and you really have no idea. Yeah, well, I'm glad to see your face. I'm glad you were careful, because, yeah, thanks, we actually had money on whether you'd lived through the drive or not. Oh, here's a fifteen dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, everybody looks so disappointed.
Speaker 3: I took the coma line. I took the coma line.
Speaker 2: Fifteen dollars.
Speaker 7: Fifteen bucks is fifteen bucks.
Speaker 2: The confetti that will rain down on people ringing in the New Year and Times Square got a test run yesterday. Organizers of the annual event, along with the sponsored Planets US Yeah yeah, can you imagine, released to multi colored confetti at the Broadway Plaza late Monday morning. Three thousand pounds of confetti will be hand tossed from above the crowds as the ball drops at midnight. In the confetti are thousands of hand written wishes people have made while stopping by the wishing wall in Times Square. I didn't know that. That's pretty cool. Yeah, it's pretty Quie didn't know that has anybody been to Time Square for New Years?
Speaker 3: No, I wish that'd be.
Speaker 2: Kind of neat, right, although I think i'd freak out a little bit of my life.
Speaker 7: It's a lot of people, a lot of people, and I often think, who's going to the bathroom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are packed in there, like, yes, exactly, we went.
Speaker 4: However, last year we were in Sydney Harbor New Year's Eve. I had to That makes I think that makes Time Square look like amateur are because they have so many fireworks around the harbor, so it's just a much bigger area. They start and there's part all around there, so everybody floods the parks and they start closing parks like at ten am, and I mean closing it being like there's so many people here. No more people are allowed in this park. Yes, yeah, and then throughout the day you have to stay on top of you can't go watch it at this park. You can't go watch it at this park. You can't go. We're not allowing people in and out. You know it is you are if you are there for the day until until the fireworks begin at I think they've got two fireworks shows, one at like nine pm, one at like midnight. Wow, that's really something intense. Yeah, it's it's an enormous undertaking.
Speaker 2: Just quick update. One of my serious sexms is canceled.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's go one down. Well, right, yep, new year, knew you. That's what That's what I'm saying. Maybe what I'm saying, there's a there's thirty dollars back in my pocket. Thank you. How are you feeling today, Maxo, I'm all right. Good. Cannabis Cannabis induced vomiting is on the rise. The medical term for it is called cannabinoid hyper remus syndrome.
Speaker 3: This is the thing you're trying to do. I don't think so, no, okay.
Speaker 2: Described as having cycles of nag an abdominal pain after using marijuana for a long time. Hey, Zach, how are you feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm all right today. It's been a while, right, dappled? Yeah? Do you think your hypermus is okay? Hypermus is not okay.
Speaker 7: But using for a long time means ten hours in a row or ten years.
Speaker 2: It's good. That's a great question. I think it might be the ten years thing. Doctors at the Cleveland Clinic said HS is not just annoying, it can cause dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and severe medical complication. Believe that with widespread use, increased potency, and the legalization of marijuana multiple states, multiple states, CHS is becoming in crystal common. So I'm guessing that it's just using it a lot all the time. Does it cause dehydration itself, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: I mean you could get yeah, you get como yeah stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But like the thing that you're talking about, Hawk, I've read a couple articles. It's like exceptionally rare for it to happen to anyone. So it is a thing that's happening more. But I think it's just, you know, not to oversimplified. If you can't hang, you can't hang. Yeah, that's I mean, that's it. And you know what, I'm just gonna go and say it. I can't hang. I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I Willie Nelson has his own brand. It's called Willy's Remedy. It's a it comes in a giant but like a Vika battle right, and uh, I bought some for night night times, you know, I am so what's the right word. It hits me like a social Yeah, thank you. That's the word. I took a shotglass full a shod class fel, that's all. And I slept for eight and a half hours and I could not wake up. I couldn't wake up this three and a half hours. This is a th is it was?
Speaker 3: It's a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And they say if you, uh, it's ten milligrams of THHC if you if you drink like a like a your thing on like a regular cup size. So I just did a shotglass and I was like drooling. My cat's like giving me a CPR.
Speaker 3: Wake up, man.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I'm highly sensitive to it.
Speaker 3: And it's powerful stuff these days.
Speaker 5: I mean, like the stuff that you know the hippies were smoking back in the seventies is.
Speaker 2: Like like Marnie, Yeah, like Marni, Yeah.
Speaker 3: She was smoking her schwag. You know, that's that's the you were, and you.
Speaker 2: Sounded like a gangster first.
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 2: There's nothing in the world that I will keep doing if it makes me vomit a lot. I don't care what it is. Even the S word, I'm not doing that. Why wouldn't I just say sex pis?
Speaker 3: I was like, what does that have to do with the word. It's like, I think you've been pooping wrong.
Speaker 2: Wait, what didn't desers come out? Yeah? I don't like vomiting, man, Yeah you love it? You like what you love?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I hate the feeling of of of like having to vomit but not being able to. Yeah, but then they're a lafe after you finally get it out. Yeah, I'll just stick the finger down the throat, right, I can't. I came in and have that just hovering around.
Speaker 6: You know, if Dad and uncle were here, we would never be talking about this.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Isn't much fun more fun like this?
Speaker 3: An uncle?
Speaker 4: Uncle's good? Yet he is uncle sauce. I also like the idea that they're somehow like their brothers. Yeah yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy Corey hates that he's not even dead and he's rolling over. He drove out to a cemetery, used to roll around on his Anyway, there you go.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just found out why I had too serious some accounts. One was under my Gmail and one was under my.
Speaker 3: K fan Oh sneaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't even own that jeep. I haven't owned it for a year and I've been paying for it.
Speaker 6: But that's serious. Is coming in real.
Speaker 2: Whoever owns that jeep right now is just loving it.
Speaker 3: Where's my serious?
Speaker 2: Go eat that?
Speaker 3: But they've heard every single episode of Howard Start. You're right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh well, all right, Marty's here, maxis heer zaxes here, and Johnny Bones. We're gonna do more sports when we come back to Patrick marshall right.
Speaker 8: Here on.
Speaker 1: The holiday season is the perfect time to give and receive. This December partner with builders and remodelers and get great savings on any project plus up to five hundred dollars in holiday groceries, and Builders and Remodelers will make a matching donation to Second Harvest Heartland. Visit Builders and Remodelers dot com to help give this holiday season.
Speaker 2: That's right, Thank you, Builders for Models and Builders of Moms dot com. See how like you get the Disney app and it gives you ESPN.
Speaker 6: And Hulu right, yeah, the bundle.
Speaker 2: Did you know that you might still be also payed just for Hulu?
Speaker 3: Yeah I am.
Speaker 6: You're paying for Hulu individually and you pay in a bundle.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 1: By the way, apparently media sacks are tanking right now on Wall Street.
Speaker 3: Good because you're finding out this.
Speaker 2: That's right, bitches.
Speaker 7: Is this like a New Year's resolution type of get my finances in order?
Speaker 2: Probably just woke up this morning and was like mad at everybody. I just changed my password to rip off twenty six. So while I'm taking care of my finance, is somebody who's sports? All right, It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 1: A wonderful night for Minnesota sports fans. Here we'll start with the Timberwolves, who pulled away and bounced the bulls as it says here, one thirty six to one oh one on Monday night at the United Center. Nas Reid had thirty three points off the bench and had twenty three joyous randall aded seventeen over six players total with double digits points for Minnesota as they improved twenty one to twelve on the season. The road trip continues tomorrow a two pm tip off in Atlanta on the Minnesota Timberwolves Channel between the Wolves and the Hawks. Maxo or Marnso Marzo Manzo Flores are yours.
Speaker 7: The Wolves needed to have that game. They needed to have a bounce back game because the Brooklyn game at home crap at Target Center for you, for those of us who were there, not good and not the kind of effort or execution that you expect to see from a team that says it is contending for a championship, and so being able to answer the bell in this game two days later was exactly what they need now. I do feel bad for everyone who was at Target Center Jenny Boons, Yes, and people who paid money for the ticket and maybe go to one game a year or spent their Christmas holiday or Christmas money on a ticket, because there were very few fun.
Speaker 6: Moments of that Brooklyn game.
Speaker 4: It was one of the.
Speaker 6: One of the most I don't know, just it didn't have like these excitable and then it was just a dead kind of game. So we needed to wash it.
Speaker 7: You need to wash it, you need to get past it and prove that you can be this kind of a team. So a good step in the right direction for the Timberwolves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's the Chicago Bulls who were really really good, exceptional at the beginning of the season. They were like right up there with the Detroit Pistons early on in the season and then have kind of promptly come back down to her. So this is a game that Wolves absolutely should have won. Nasried has been awesome. I mean, he had a slow start to the season, but he's back and I mean I wouldn't be surprised if he's the front runner to win sixth Man of the Year again.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's been incredible off the bench.
Speaker 5: And an underrated part of yesterday's game is Julius Randall having fourteen assists. Julius Randall just being like a secondary playmaker for this team. We saw how that can raise the team's floor and ceiling in the playoffs. Like Julius Randall, he plays so well with Anthony Edwards game, but just in general, I feel like he's getting more comfortable passing, you know, assisting to Rudy, setting up Rudy, and just other people on the team. He's he's really become outside of like the point guard situation. He's really become a secondary playmaker for this team and it's helping the Wolves a lot.
Speaker 1: In Las Vegas last night Minnesota Wild, they took care of business over the Golden Knights five to two win. Marcus Johansson scored on the first shot of the hockey game with the twenty six second mark of the first period, he had a four point nine is His incredible season continues. Faber Spurgeon Eric sinek All scoring as well along with Matt Boldy as the Wild now moved to a two to zero to zero record on the seven game road trip that continues tomorrow afternoon for a New Year's Eve battle against the San Jose Sharks in San Jose. Puck drops at three o'clock two forty five pre game right here on the fan, and then following that will join it in progress.
Speaker 3: United States versus Sweden World Juniors.
Speaker 1: The Team USA to can care of business over Slovakia yesterday six to five thriller, and they are now three and oh in the preliminary round, beating Germany in Switzerland as well. Again one more game against Sweden before the quarterfinals and then hopefully the semi finals and a gold medal game and.
Speaker 3: A thre repete.
Speaker 2: It's fun, nice job you and Perry was good. We talked about in the very first segment. If you want a full breakdown, yes, but.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Zacho, I was out running some erons and doing some things yesterday, so I was not able to watch the TM USA game.
Speaker 6: I apologize.
Speaker 7: But when I came home, it was like, I don't know, six thirty seven o'clock and my husband said, I just had that World Juniors on, and when you see Zach tomorrow, you should tell him he had an awesome call.
Speaker 6: He had an awesome goal thay, And I was like, thank you, Mike. Oh course, actually, Matt, oh, I knew that.
Speaker 3: I thought it was.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 9: Should I be paying sixty five dollars cast? Probably that's your whole cable, that's just internet? Oh no, that's a lot. That's a lot unless you're gaming.
Speaker 3: It's worth it. No gaming gaming sometimes, But I don't think.
Speaker 7: Do you have like a home couple of home phone lines built in there that you've known you Now, all I.
Speaker 3: Have is the internet, bundle TV with it.
Speaker 2: I guess I could do that. Sixty five dollars seems like a lot just for the Internet.
Speaker 6: It's a lot, Yes, it is.
Speaker 10: I feel like it should be more, should be half that. Well, yeah, I'm going to cancel that a bit, but you need to find one. I'm living without it.
Speaker 2: Five GM all day.
Speaker 6: Turn on your hotspot, Turn.
Speaker 2: On hot spot and just shine.
Speaker 3: Did you just snap that?
Speaker 2: He said, hotspot?
Speaker 6: You with third finger.
Speaker 7: Snap because missus Morgan at Bella Elementary School, I was snapped with her third finger and I thought it was so cool, and so I learned to do it.
Speaker 2: And now was she from orc No, her name Morgan third finger meaning ring finger. Yeah, she snapped with that.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Oh that hurts my finger.
Speaker 6: One two three.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 6: If you want to learn it, talk to me or missus Morgan.
Speaker 3: Miss Morkan would thank you.
Speaker 2: You gonna have enthusiasm if you want.
Speaker 8: To do it.
Speaker 3: Miss Morgan would hawk.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Golden Golpher men's basketball team snapped fairly Dickinson last night last night, sixty to forty three. Final for the Golden Golfers Kide Tyson at twelve points, Jalen Crocker Johnson added seventeen. Bobby Durkin with a season I have nineteen points. Gophers back in action on Saturday afternoon at Northwestern. Tip Off is at four o'clock over on Twin City's New Stock gam eleven thirty one of three five FM.
Speaker 3: You can hear that game over there.
Speaker 4: It was the last of the non Big Ten games that they faced before heading into the Big ten season. They were fairly close at halftime and then when I think a nineteen to one run to open up a second half. It was fun to watch that particular ten minutes was very fun to watch.
Speaker 7: Sounds like Fairley Dickinson was a fairly bad team.
Speaker 1: Were in fact, we act like we've been there before.
Speaker 3: We gotta be more sports than.
Speaker 4: The go are twenty five and a half points favorites going into that games. Well we almost covered.
Speaker 2: Okay, what I'm doing, I'm canceling everything and then everything and then I'm gonna go back in and just start over, build your life back. Different Apple accounts.
Speaker 1: Two, Well, be careful on what you cancel because sometimes you might have a grandfather rate, So you don't want to cancel something and then have to pay more when you restart. So make sure you you're on your mindful about what my Apple account you mean, like Apple Radio accounts?
Speaker 3: What you mean? Or just throw a body at the problem. I do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I have two of them, like.
Speaker 6: An Apple I d Apple Music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you pay Apple for? Do you have any idea? Have Apple Apple?
Speaker 2: Because they won't get me iehet for free?
Speaker 3: You don't have iHeart Radio all access.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't paying for that.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing you're not paying for.
Speaker 6: I will pay for two Hulus, but I will not.
Speaker 2: Pay not paying for two of them anymore. Anyway, I'm sorry. Back to what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Vikings and Packers.
Speaker 1: On Sunday, the Vikings are closing out their twenty twenty five campaign. Unfortunately, no playoffs I had like last year this point. Head coach Kevin O'Connell isn't sure if quarterback JJ McCarthy will be available for the finale.
Speaker 3: Hasn't ruled him out, but.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, kickoff Sunday at noon, right here on the fan ten o'clock pre game chat.
Speaker 2: Don't you snapchat?
Speaker 3: You pay for.
Speaker 2: It thirty dollars no year? Well what do you pay for?
Speaker 3: Snapping? And their Snapchat Plus which is cracked? I mean, it's whatever you want it to be.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what I didn't. I really don't know why I would have signed up.
Speaker 3: Why would you have signed I don't even know.
Speaker 2: How do you snapchat for kids?
Speaker 1: I know well how to use it, that's what it's for. I'd Zach Calverson by the way, Plus, what do you get with it post view emojis what I get? Chat wallpapers.
Speaker 2: I don't want any of those.
Speaker 3: You got some new bit moji outfits. Is that what you did it for?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I have no idea what you would do this? Hug All Trails.
Speaker 2: I joined the All Trails because I was going to be a hiker.
Speaker 4: I remember you actually talking about this on the show, like being very excited about All Trails.
Speaker 3: You learn a lot about your past self by looking at all the subscriptions.
Speaker 2: Apparently, let's know, all these ones that I've canceled. You ready five? Oh Radio, Police Scanner, Oh boy, slide show maker, SoundCloud, go faceover, photo face.
Speaker 3: Shop, Oh boy? What were you using that for?
Speaker 6: Hawk?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it? Uh oh? I said that one?
Speaker 6: Give us sounds like uh it rhymes with c C.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I'm actually happy. Yeah, nope, fantasy a. I remember having that Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Fantasy football right.
Speaker 11: Fantasized about Allen iverson AI therapist, which was a bad idea. He wanted me to do some terrible things. Practice practice.
Speaker 2: Did you cancel your subscription?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 2: Now Apple's pissed. Oh my god, seven forty one, we get it a break, sorry, guys. Oh, I do have an audio from KOC talking about Viking stuff. And we are going to go through the latest playoff matchups real close. We got one week left in the regular season. I'll reckon, it's almost over the latest and gentlemen, and we got college football national championship stuff coming up. Man, it's fun.
Speaker 3: The playoffs are happening.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Patrick Body shows port actually talk sports Hockey canceled stuff. By the way, I had to beat a couple of people ask me. I'm using an app called sub Pilot sub pio. I paid a subscription for that. By my calculations, guys, as of right now, it's seven forty six am, December thirty th we're live in the parts of Morning Show in Studio, Live Today only Morning Show in America, Live Today. By my calculations, I've saved myself fourteen thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, what is that? You just put the Pioneer Press out of business?
Speaker 6: What is the website or app that you're using to do this?
Speaker 2: It is called.
Speaker 3: Sub pilot And how long have you been paying for that?
Speaker 2: About twelve hours.
Speaker 6: Sub pilot.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is probably something though that we should all do every three years.
Speaker 6: Right, yeahs like you should have been doing it. Yeah, not sooner than today. But congrats forget thank you.
Speaker 2: In all seriousness, I did not realize that I had so many multiple accounts, you know, I mean, obviously you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 2: I had no idea that I had like I didn't. I'm just going to say it. I didn't know I was paying for the Pioneer Place, the Pineer Press. I had no idea. And now I know, and I like the Pioneer Press, but I don't.
Speaker 6: Like if you mother, that's that's him.
Speaker 3: I right, that's She's awesome.
Speaker 6: Jase Frederick the Man, Yeah, all right, A shooter shooter.
Speaker 2: If I had known it I was paying for it, I would have read it, you know what I mean. But I think what you just said is exactly right, Johnny Both. I think I got a like a because I've been paying for it for a long time. I think I got one of those introactory things where you like it was a dollar for a year or something like that, and then I forget that.
Speaker 8: I had it.
Speaker 2: What happens to a lot of subscription Yeah for sure. Yeah, So there you go.
Speaker 6: It's time for.
Speaker 2: Viking's News on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 3: By Redcoe.
Speaker 2: Ladies and Gentlemen's Right. The head coach spoke yesterday as we get ready for the Border Battle noon Sunday. This radio station pregame starts to ten a m KFC on the final game of the season.
Speaker 8: Getting to finish up our season in the division and obviously welcome me and the Green Bay Packers and and what will be a very competitive game.
Speaker 3: So we've got to finish off what this stretch has been.
Speaker 8: We've learned a lot during this time and and about our team and about you know what a lot of things will be able to pull from moving forward. That our players have accomplished over this for four game stretch or so, and we've got to continue to do so.
Speaker 2: And what about the quarterback, young JJ mack.
Speaker 8: Jaj McCarthy's progressing swelling in that hand has come down a little bit, and really it's just going to be about working through it this week and seeing what his grip strength is like and if he can possibly give it a go this week, that will be something I'll keep you guys posted.
Speaker 2: On yeah, I got a quid play. I got to delete that one.
Speaker 7: I was just about to say, Zach, don't ask about the testing process.
Speaker 2: So we'll find out more about that. Who will be the quarterback?
Speaker 3: If not JJ, Max, We're gonna, you know, get Max ready to go.
Speaker 8: And I think John Wolford's a guy that you know, he's been a snap away you know, here last week and has experience in the system, and we were really fortunate to be able to bring Brett Rip him back as well. So I'm kind of looking at it from a standpoint of let's see where JJ's at and then get Max ready to go. But at the same time, you know, we want to make sure we have all those guys prepared.
Speaker 3: Marnie, he's just a stampway can you help him out there?
Speaker 2: You did it.
Speaker 5: Don't you think that even if JJ Mack is trending towards being able to go, that they would just say just chill out.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. You don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think that they would play him if if if, if they can. I do believe that the get as many snaps Yeah Center as possible, especially for JJ for justin Jeffersons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 7: Don't you think there are still a lot of unanswered questions about JJ McCarthy, which is what we talked about at the beginning.
Speaker 6: At the beginning of the season, there were many.
Speaker 7: Discussions on this very radio show about as long as you can answer the question. You might not like the answer, but you need to have the answer, and that will make this season a success in that category.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, no longer a waste, Yeah, exactly. But we don't have that answer, I know, and we're not going to have it. If he's got a limited strength on his hand. You're looking grip next after next game, like.
Speaker 7: It's too bad because the way was the way he was trending before that, the injury was so encouraging.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, but if anything, now I've got I had one question before, it's like is he an NFL caliber quarterback? I still have that question, And then now I've got the can he also stay healthy? Because now we've lost basically a year and a half, right Like last year was grant you writed a freak injury or something that happened, But we've had a ton of freak injuries like he's missed the ankle in the hand and all this like he just you getting banged up a lot, really easily. And I don't think that was he didn't have that kind of reputation in college, right, Like we didn't see that, No.
Speaker 1: Which is why I think it's all just again there's multiple freak incidents. It's been a freak year, but it's all and the whole injury prone thing we've talked about. It's like it's different parts of his body that have been affected and it's not been the same one that where it's he's more likely to have. And no, obviously he's more likely in those I guess parts of his body that have been injured to get injured again. But he hasn't really re injured anything yet. If you take him out of the equation, if it's any other quarterback and they are throwing it and they do hit their hand like he did, they the same thing probably happens to anybody else.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I think that the signs that that when he was on.
Speaker 1: That roll before again unfortunately got injured again in a weird, stupid, dumb fluke incident. You know, I think, uh, the more it's it's looking more and more likely we're gonna have him again next year and hopefully he can prove all the doubters and the haters wrong.
Speaker 2: We definitely do need a backup of some sort this we do. Yeah, we can try and no offense to mister Max Brosmer. He's been putting some tough situations, but we need somebody that we can definitely, uh you know, feel comfortable putting out there if their quarterback does get hurt, like like the Packers have. Who will be starting Malik Willis this weekend.
Speaker 3: The game makes sense to him.
Speaker 8: You know, he's seeing stuff and pulling and turning it loose, pulling the trigger, throwing into some tight windows and uh you know, pushing the ball down field. Too. So uh, I think, uh, you know, Malik has grown a ton in his time in the league, and I think he's a really.
Speaker 3: Good fit for for what they're asking him to do right now.
Speaker 8: And you've got to you've got to have a mindset if he's if he's the guy that ends up being out there, that we're defending a high level offense with him running the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But of course, the biggest news yesterday a lot of people started to talk about whether or not defensive coordinator Brian for As will be around next year, and coach said this, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Do know that you know he is.
Speaker 8: He's demonstrated a lot of things that if you know, no, having gone through the process of the head coach hiring process before myself, you know, I imagine he's going to be a pretty popular guy there as well, and rightly so he's earned everything, and and uh, that doesn't take away from the route we want to go to make sure he's our defensive quarter coordinator here for the for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 2: So we're not sure. Well, we would love it if he stuck around for his sake, I hope he gets head coaches. Good dude, great coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he deserves it. But it would obviously we'd love to keep him around here.
Speaker 5: But it would be pretty interesting to see what that that meeting of the minds between him and Jerry Jones would be like in Dallas, that would be that would be an interesting combination.
Speaker 2: Does seem like an odd pairing, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It does.
Speaker 2: And again, they have a head coach who's doing pretty well for them right now. Who you know, Lieber obviously likes very much and has has a future. And as Leaper said in the show yesterday, if if Flores takes that job at Defense, Cornad going there as the man in waiting. What what a weird position to be in, to know, the head coach is looking down the hallway at you, knowing that you're there to take his job if he fails. Right, I don't know if I want that or not, but that's me what I know, right, Martins.
Speaker 6: Well, you know how to manage a subscription, Apparently I don't.
Speaker 2: Apparently I know how to manage a few of them, ay right?
Speaker 3: It just stay right?
Speaker 2: So you go Vikings Packers noon on Sunday. Vikings right and eight eliminated from the postseason. As you guys will know, Packers nine to six and one are the number seven seed in the NFC playoffs regardless of what happens noon Sunday. By the way, green Bay has lost its past three games, yeah, our last four.
Speaker 7: Has the NFL ever even entertained the idea of just seeding one through eight East, one through eight West. And actually the NHL as well, Zach, like the NBA has done and it has been very successful and it's just feels so fair, and at least in the NBA divisions, don't they never really meant anything other than to say we won our division. But I guess in the NFL you do have rivalries and things like that. But would it not make just more logical sense to go one through eight west, one through eight East.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we talked about it last hour. It just seems like I would be in favor of something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We saw last year with how ridiculous it was that the vikings in the line. You either won the game and got home field advantage in the playoffs or you lost the game and didn't get to go back home at all in the playoffs. So that that there's definitely some major inconsistencies. I can see a reason why to to keep the old system. It's fine, I'm not, you know, but I think a true one v eight where we just have a bracketed one v eight, you know, two v seven, three, six, four five, I would love to see that, especially with the parody in the National Football League these days, where it is any given Sunday we saw even last year with even with the buye with the with the Lions, it didn't really matter. They lost her away. So I give you the counter argument to that. Go ahead, you play your division twice, yeah, in the NFL like that. It's not like that in the NBA, where you're playing the teams in your division twice as many times. Like well, yeah, well, I mean I like playing my division twice, like I like playing the Packers choice and I like paying you like playing the Lions twice a year, and.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 4: If you don't revamp that piece, then you're not getting parody, right, Like, yeah, you're playing a much different schedule than everybody every other division is playing because you're facing it, maybe your tougher division or your easier division, twice as much. And so I want I want the division to shake out first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 7: Uh, it just feels like when you have a really strong division, the top two, maybe even three teams could be all better than the top team in another division, and it just doesn't seem fair. But I guess no matter how you how you shake it out and how you line them up, there's going to be somebody unhappy.
Speaker 6: Something's going to be unfair about it.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Yeah, Archard Marchshow, We'll come back we'll do regular sports too, and we will take a look at the playoff picture in the NFL, and so much more.
Speaker 8: P