Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning show. Phone numbers eight four to four Mojo Live. The text is nine to five to five zero zero. If you have something that you would like to comment on, you can text call me and Lydia will get you on the radio with us. We have a guy that works on our show. His name is Zach. He is the person that gets you all of our podcast plus any kind of audio that comes through your speakers that's not us, just individually speaking, Zach's responsible for. This guy is the best. He's the man that can do. We call him Big Zach, the Sultan of the Segues. Yeah, but he's also honestly one of the sweetest, most sensitive guys I've ever met.
Speaker 2: I love this kid like he's my son.
Speaker 1: And this is a really tough time for Zach right now, and he's gonna explain the reason why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gonna try not to get too emotional. I think you guys noticed that I've been very not myself lately. I think it started back in November. But I'm I'm pretty depressed right now. And that's because I you know, around this time of year, I have anniversary dates, like death dates or you know, things that get brought up and makes me feel emotional. And what's coming up now is my mom's birthday is this week and it's great. I love celebrating her, but my mom did pass away when I was twelve, and it made me realize that it's now been eighteen years since my mom has been gone. This is the eighteenth year, and I don't I don't think I'm over it yet. And that's kind of why I wanted to talk to you guys. I mean, this is like my therapy, but I just I don't think it ever gets easier. You know that time does heal the wounds, It's just it comes in waves, and right now I'm like in that wave. Yeah, yeah, howidays is tough for you? Yea?
Speaker 3: What day is your mom's actual birthdays?
Speaker 2: After the fifteenth? So Thursday?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What was your mom's name? Debbie? Debbie? Yeah? And what do you.
Speaker 1: Remember the most about your mom?
Speaker 2: Her passion and and her like being like a prankster.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so I've never really heard you talk about your mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well, I mean like her personality.
Speaker 3: You mentioned your mom a lot, but I've never heard you Most of.
Speaker 2: My memories are her like sick in hospitals, you know.
Speaker 5: Tell me a story about your favorite memory with her ones and I liked it. You should tell it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know if I remember what I told you, But I have a lot of She was very caring. She was a gift giver. She would find you know them little Pony that was limited edition for my sister, and she would get it, or she would get me, you know, wrestling action figures. And it's just I'm really missing her right now. What was some of like the pranks you used to So Halloween was her favorite holiday, So she would like put like grapes and she would skin them off and then put them in a bowl and then have kids, you know, and stuff. And that really gravitated towards me.
Speaker 3: Do you miss her?
Speaker 5: How?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 2: I get in this fune. No, No, I don't because I don't know. And maybe I need to embrace that more. But I don't have a lot of photos with her. I don't have any videos with her, you know. And it's just I get in this funk and I start thinking about things.
Speaker 5: And your sister talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and we started talking about this last week and I think that's why I wanted to bring it up on air, because again I didn't realize that it was the eighteenth anniversary this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned earlier this morning when we were talking about the show and laying the show out and we were going to bring this up that for you, one of the hard parts was that you now have lived more life on this earth without her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It h I've I've been an adult more than i've had my mom, and I don't even consider myself an adult. It's just, uh, you know, there's some things I wish. You know, I can talk to my sister about anything. You know, it's but sometimes she's just not your mom, you know, and I don't. It's not that I feel like I'm a burden, but I don't. You know, everyone has limited time.
Speaker 1: But it's not you know, I want you to not think of when you talk to all of us about this, like you're burdening us. Honestly, I'm thrilled to hear about your mom. I want to first off, I want to know who created and who molded this amazing guy.
Speaker 2: It never gets easier.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, it really doesn't, but you know what, it's not supposed to, because if it was supposed.
Speaker 2: To, she wouldn't have been your mom.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing I think, Zach, that you have to you have to look at as use dates in these anniversaries. And it's tough to say this because I don't do it enough as times to celebrate them and not mourning them, because that's probably what she would want you to do. You know, you are an amazing guy. Like I will say this that there are not a lot of people that I think that there is one hundred percent affinity for in this world, Like there's you know, we live in such a polarizing thing. Either people love or you hate somebody. You are not just loved, you're bullloved. And I know your dad wasn't really a part of your life. Your mom's a reason why, and your sister, but your mom, and I think that's what a great celebration of her life, you know. And it sucks I every time he talks, I literally go okay, oh my god. I feel like he's literally me. I wish I had more pictures, I wish I had more videos.
Speaker 2: You know. My biggest mistake is I wish I got to say goodbye. Yeah and I think I think about that off more than anything, and I think that's what hurts the most because I'm like, man, if I just had that one closure moment or something, but and people don't get that, And I think I dwell on that. What were you when she died? So I was in the hospital. She was in her hospital, and they were planning on pulling the plug, and I knew that I couldn't see it. So I went in the gift shop and I bought a Webkins at the time, and I bought it for my cousin. And as soon as I got up, she was gone.
Speaker 3: And you were also twelve years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I don't think she wanted me to yeah to see Yeah, at twelve, you would not have said what you would say now. But right now, if you had a chance to talk to her, mom, what would you what would you say to her? If I could talk to her now, I would ask her if she's proud of me? I guarantee she is.
Speaker 3: And you know, you can just talk, you can talk, You can talk to her.
Speaker 5: Are there any moments that you ever feel her presence, like when you're doing something or just since she's with you?
Speaker 2: You know, some people get those, and I envy that because some people are like, Oh, my mom came to me in my dreams, and I'm like, damn, dude, I want that, like at least once, like can you come, come, say hi or something. And I think it's just because my mind blocked out so much when I was younger that my mind is still doing that now. Like protecting me in a way doesn't mean I still yeah, I've never had that.
Speaker 1: Man, I feel her presence talking about her right now. I really do. I feel like her hair in this room with us. You know what a weird thing is. On a totally different note, next time you're masturbating knowing that your mother, I think about it sometimes going on to that my mom's saying to do this.
Speaker 2: J Just so you know, we have different New Year's resolutions, my man, Dave, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey Mojoe, Zach. I just want to say that, like I lost my mom in House five, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Ever get easier.
Speaker 7: She had only cancer and died on Thanksgiving. One of the worst.
Speaker 6: Probably one of the worst things I had to go through. But things don't ever get easier if you have memories of her.
Speaker 2: Think about that, trying to think about.
Speaker 6: The positive things trying to think about. You know, everyone believes in something. I always pray to my mom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have any I guess advice and how to make things easier, because I don't think it ever will get easier.
Speaker 2: But you're an awesome dude, and I can promise you that she's proud of you, appreciated the man.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be wild to think that our moms are and I would like to think that this is what happens, like Dave's mom and my mom and your mom and just all our grandparents that have passed are all just listening, going, why did Mojo just say that about Master?
Speaker 2: What's what's up? Jessica?
Speaker 7: So I just wanted to say that, first of all, when you lose someone like that, especially your mother, like you're literally learning to do life without the person who gave it to you. So it's never the same, it's just different.
Speaker 8: My mum's been gone about five years and this year is her sixtieth birthday on Monday, and one of the things that I decided to do.
Speaker 2: Was rewrite her obituary.
Speaker 8: Because I always read it and I go, this isn't enough, Like there was still so much more to be said, And I think one of the things that we can always do is exactly what you're doing now is continue to talk about it, continue to tell her story, continue to keep those memories and things of her alive. And I was like, even if you know, only a handful of our friends and family read it, at least people can remember still who she.
Speaker 3: Is and who she was.
Speaker 4: That's actually a really good and interesting thing, Zach. Do you are there other family members that you could talk to to get Because you were only twelve, there's probably so much about your mom that you don't even know. Maybe like that's that would be a therapeutic thing for you to learn a little bit more about your mom and her personality and what she was like in more stories that you.
Speaker 2: Sure you know, Yeah, I've had these these waves before. When I turned twenty one, I got to talk to my you know aunts, and yeah, before my grandma died, I got to talk to her. But you know, it's just still one of those things. Yeah, you know, hey, Medina, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: I understand completely. Was that just going through And the only thing, actually, the only advice I can give you is to embrace all of the good memories. This year, I absolutely despised the holidays because I lost my mom. But this year, almost twelve years later, I literally embraced the s out of Christ. My house was grin, shout and everything, and I was determined to have a good holiday because I have not had a good holiday in about fifteen years. And I made all of that every Christmas movie that she forced me to watch, I watched it everything that she wanted to do on her birthday previously. I did it just because sometimes and some of those things I did alone, but I needed that alone time as well. And embrace all of those feelings that like you are allowed to feel things. And I'm so upset because I'm crying and it's Monday morning. A great topic. This is a great topic because I feel like we don't talk about lost no, no, but yeah, just just embrace it and just hold up to those great memories. And for sure, one hundred percent, she is extremely proud of you, extremely proud of you.
Speaker 1: Again, if they weren't so great, it wouldn't hurt as much as it hurts.
Speaker 6: Exactly the exact thing. And we are all praying for you that I really hope that you can can embrace that and come out of this month because people who have lost Charence, we all know what that punk is.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate you, and I want you to know that I'm proud of you.
Speaker 6: Well try more, Okay, good morning to say something about.
Speaker 1: I love that you brought this up on the air, because I think that we need to bring your.
Speaker 2: Mom up more often. For sure, I really do.
Speaker 1: And I think, honestly it's one of those things. You guys got a chance this past year to kind of see more of my family with everything that we had. I know, I've met your sister and gotten a chance to see what she's like. I think sometimes you don't understand how being around people that know who you are when you had your innocence and stuff like that, You're being a child and stuff. And I will say this, I know for a fact this because I lived it. You did not live a normal childhood, you know what I mean. You lived probably in the fear that your mom was going to die at any moment all the time. And that's the hardest thing to live with, you know what I mean. And that's why I sit there and I think to myself, with you, there is one of those things where your mom you didn't get to say goodbye to, but you all through the years, we're saying goodbye to her, you know. And I wouldn't hold that too hard to and you can talk to her now, for God's sake, you know what I mean. So I appreciate you, and thanks for giving me this time. Well you went over by about tour and a half minutes. I'm not the guy controlling.
Speaker 2: How much do we love this guy? I love you guys.
Speaker 5: Blowing up my phone right now saying I love sex so much.
Speaker 2: Tell her I love her. I hope you get laid off of this topic. That's not the poor any girls out there.
Speaker 1: That are literally single and want to just really make a man feel good.
Speaker 2: Jesus, but my phone number is seven