Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petrose Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Nice words, real consequences.
Speaker 2: Gong to u s Petros in Money, AM five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Eric Sondheimer or the CIF playoffs are underway, He will join us in the very next segment. We love high school football. Eric Sondheimer is the best in the business and we love I can in with him. Danny Canell joined us earlier. We got a film noir corner. We got a football top story coming up in a full four hours of Petros and Money today. As there is no Clipper game, it clipped us a half hour yesterday at our Bjay's Restaurant in brew House remote in Soritos. We could have filled that half hour easily. We were having a hell of a time with all of our friends out there.
Speaker 3: We really were Thank you for coming out, and we'll be back out next Monday. Live in Irvine. It's an early show, Power launch Petro send Money. So if you got to pick your kids up from school or something at like three o'clock, you can come and hang out with us from like one to three and be like what up and then go pick up your kids right leave it two forty five win a prize. We got plenty of them. The Marketplace in Irvine corner at Jamboree Road in Irvine Boulevard. It is an early show one to three, something Matt would call a super flex, so a super flex school Petros and Money lunch show live from BJ's Restaurant and brew House. We do not want you to miss that show. If you're in the Tustin Irvine, even Coasta Mesa, Anaheim, if you're in the area, we would love what a three to see you take off work client lunch and you can go back exactly right back back. Like Matt said, a big thank you to Danny Canal. Sandy is coming up. He has not tweeted to promote it like he usually does. I don't know why, but you can check everything on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. Okay, Matt, we were just doing this, so word of the Day, I was gonna his word the word of the day. I was going to pay play the payoff the pageant story with the sound of the guy Nawat in Thailand calling Miss Mexico a dumbhead. I was going to do that, but I had to shelve it, Matt, because what channel are we watching right now?
Speaker 2: KTLA?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: But did we get it?
Speaker 3: We got it. We were watching We were watching Channel five in a commercial break, and we were watching a news report about something that is concerning about near where Matt lives, which is the violence. I go there all the time at Belmont Shore. There's violence at Belmont Shore. The happy gay neighborhood is turning violent for some reason. Much you know. Look, I'll never forget it. In the late nineties, right at the turn of the last century, the Hermosa Beach, Hermosa Beach was nothing like it is now in twenty twenty five. When I was growing up. When I was growing up, Hermosa Beach was a town for burnouts. It had rent control. It wasn't like Manhattan, which was a lot more residential and not as snooty as it is now. And it was rent control. There wasn't a whole bunch of bars. There were a few bars, like Barnacles and Fat Face Fenners and the poop Deck and the Mermaid now it's called It was Fat Face Fenners, and then it was Fat Face Fener's Falloon, and then Fat Face Fener's Fish Shack was open actually for quite some time. But the point is Hermosa became different. They got rid of the rent control, and they built that pier Avenue a walk street. Used to be able to drive right up to the pier, but they built a walk street, and then all those bars, Patrick Malloy's, Sharky's, the Hannasis, all of that stuff went in there. And for the first couple of years it was all local people that were from Mara Coasta High or Ridondo High or Peninsula or whatever, and you were just like, Wow, I can't believe there's bars here, and it's like a social scene.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 3: And then after a few years, everybody along the one oh five freeway all the way till the end in Norway and everything got word that there was a nighttime scene in Hermosa Beach and it became a little bit of a different vibe. In fact, we all knew it was over, kind of like Altamont in the sixties. We all knew it was over when somebody was peeing in a urinal at Patrick Malloy's and got shot in the ass. So, uh, it seems like that fate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Belmont, sure. I mean, you know a bunch of people that grew up there Panama Joe's and those spots have been there forever. Yeah, they will tell you tales of growing up in high school. They all partied down there, down there.
Speaker 3: And drink after. You know, if we were really ambitious and we didn't want to go to the beach cities when we were kids, after the restaurant, we'd drive down and go over the bridge and go over to Second Street. But things are getting a little sketchy down there. You're getting bad four million dollars for your house and it's popping off, yeah, on the street. But the funny part. It's not funny to have violence, but it is funny to listen to local news reports.
Speaker 2: The old guys that have been living there for thirty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're interviewing some of the day drinkers at Belmont and these old guys and they're telling tales to the foot soldier at Channel five and it's a great This is a great piece that we just picked up from Channel five.
Speaker 6: Well, we're here on Laverne Avenue where residents are still rattled from a shooting that happened right here just over two weeks ago that took the life of Jeremy Andrew Spears, and residents saying that it isn't even the first time something violent like this has happened here, and if action doesn't take place right now, something will happen again.
Speaker 7: Something has to be done, because you just get the vibe that is something not done, things will escalate.
Speaker 6: Lomby's residents in Belmont short fed up with what's happening in their neighborhood. Well, the problem is a female, I would not go out after dark, noil, it's not safe.
Speaker 8: But I'm losing respect for our local law enforcement.
Speaker 6: It comes after violent incidents that have happened in and around Second Street, a popular bar and restaurant scene.
Speaker 7: They parked the car and drinking the car, and I'm always taking up the empties on my street all the time, and they're always empty.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that saw boom shock.
Speaker 4: I lock right now.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, it's a boom shock a lot. These are beer people. Are beer people better, but the boom shock a lock of drinks make you work.
Speaker 2: If I'm if I am to understand what he is describing, I would guess because I see a.
Speaker 3: Lot of those.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, the boom are the orbs. That's like a yellow shots like a green or a pink or a red. That to me is exactly this guy is describing.
Speaker 3: Exactly right. If it was the eighties, it would be those club cocktails with a white cat, white cat. But no, the boom shock a lock the number one Chief rocks.
Speaker 7: They parked their car and drinking the car, and I'm always taking up the empties on my street all the time. They are always empty. These aren't beer people. These are shots and vodkas and something that saw boom shot.
Speaker 8: I lock eye right, Now there are folks that get fired up, and when folks are fired up liquored up, they tend to make bad decisions, and you just don't want to be part of that.
Speaker 6: In the early morning hours of Saturday, October twenty fifth, a.
Speaker 4: Shooting turn deadly.
Speaker 6: First responder is seen trying to save the life of a man shot to death on Laverne Avenue.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: We're blaming the liquor shot.
Speaker 6: To death on la Verne Avenue.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on that. We've had three homicides in a two year period.
Speaker 6: Police saying the shooting stemmed from an incident that started.
Speaker 3: At a local bar.
Speaker 6: Residents shaken by what happens steps from their front door.
Speaker 8: A gentleman was killed one hundred yards from my doorstep. But that's it's enough for me, right, and it's not the first, and my concern is it won't be the last.
Speaker 6: Now, many who live on Laverne Avenue going up for tonight's city council meeting where they play on voicing need for change.
Speaker 2: In my mind, we need to set up to you.
Speaker 3: I checked your point.
Speaker 7: I think a greater police presence would would be really good on.
Speaker 6: The agenda tonight. One option brought by council member Christina Dugan, who represents the area, exploring a temporary midnight curfew on bars and increasing police presence in the area.
Speaker 3: For liquor license now ty curfew, what are we talking about? I mean both shock a lack.
Speaker 6: One option brought by council member Christina Dugan, who represents the area, exploring a temporary midnight curfew on bars and increasing police presence in the area.
Speaker 8: I met with a very responsible bar owner and they all claim to be doing what they can, but but it's not their job to enforce the law.
Speaker 6: Well, others have little faith anything will be done to effect change. I don't have any hope that any city officials really care enough to help.
Speaker 4: We don't do anything.
Speaker 6: And the city council meeting is happening tonight at Long Beach City Hall. It starts reporting from Belmont Shore. Anyways, were almost kas forty.
Speaker 3: Minutes away almost from that from that meeting.
Speaker 7: Boom shaka la on my street all the time. There are always these aren't beer people, These are shots and vodkas and something that's saw boom, shocky lock. I am right now they are called buzzballs. Yeah, those things are called boom, not boom shock of loacka.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that's saw boom shocky lock.
Speaker 3: I am boom shocka loaga. Now what I got drunk at Panamia's twenty years ago and I ran down Belmont with my puzzol swunging back and forth.
Speaker 2: That was all in good fun, but it's with the boom.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that's saw boom shocky lock I am.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what if you want to if you want to get law enforcement get going in Belmont, show are all you have to do is park illegally.
Speaker 2: You let'll get your ticket.
Speaker 3: I don't know if shooting a guy gets you in trouble, but if you park like if an inch of the nose of your bumper is in a red take a time, boom shock a lock, it's right on your windshield.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that's saw boom shocky lock I.
Speaker 2: Right now, what are you having tonight? Boom shock of lock. I want it to happen right now.
Speaker 7: Something that's all boom shocky lock I.
Speaker 3: Right now, Alisia Delvae has texted and says, the buzz balls are pretty nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, glad she tried one.
Speaker 4: Boom shocky lock I.
Speaker 3: Right now, right now, Alicia, we got the buzzball lime Rita, the buzzball Chocko chiller.
Speaker 2: Who would have ever.
Speaker 4: Guessed boom shocky lock i? Right now?
Speaker 2: I think you know, I remember when White Claws hit the scene and I was like, what the hell are all these cans laying around the beach that are not beer cans but they're White Claws or trus truly's before I knew what the hell was going on there, and now I see all the That's all I see are the buzzballs.
Speaker 4: Boom shocky lock I right.
Speaker 2: Now, Espresso, Martini's Berry Cherry limaids fifteen percent alcohol by volume, so it's basically like, you know, boom shock that's not a beer drinking.
Speaker 4: That's not shock i lock i right now, it's four.
Speaker 3: Course lights in that little buzzball right now. Right Well, I guess that was better than the pageant on my street. I mean, the Thailand is a lot further away than Belmont.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that saw boom, shocky lock I right now.
Speaker 3: All right, I remember a more innocent time when I was a kid in Belmont Shore and they'd have like the classic car thing where they where they rope off the streets North Shore. Yeah, and I went over to uh Ziggi O'Neil Ziggiy O'Neil's father took us out there and he's like, you go, it's gonna love it. They're got sausage showarges. Look out, these Chevy Chevy chavetts.
Speaker 9: Gone to the days where you forget to pay your tab and you get chased down in the street. And yet shot, these.
Speaker 4: Aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that saw boom, shocky lock I it right now.
Speaker 3: I was chased into the street like I like I dined in ditch yes, after doing a remote.
Speaker 2: And that was that was a two pronged problem. One the sales account that had us do the live remote. They're not paying our tab, which is what every responsible sales executive does when we go somewhere. And two the owner of the establishment not recognizing and we just it just brought you guys about seventy people.
Speaker 3: We just filled your establishment full of drunks.
Speaker 2: Maybe just go ahead, two o'clock. Maybe just go ahead and pick that one up. We weren't aware that we were first time we've ever been handed.
Speaker 3: At least we never went back there. Oh no, we did.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that saw boom, shocky lock I it right now.
Speaker 3: It's time for the number of the day. Here's my number. Number of the day.
Speaker 2: The number of the day is We'll go with five. It seems like this is about the fifth of these. So injury reports in the NFL understand were introduced for the gamblers in order for people to make early bets if they liked the early line. They wanted to know who is participating in Monday and Tuesday practice so they can get ahead of the public. The Sharks are like, hey, I like this team at minus three and a half. That's gonna shift, but I got to know whether or not this guy that rolls. So the idea of the media peppering coaches for injury reports. I don't know why it has taken on such significance, but coaches have for whatever reason, they don't want to tell you. They want to hide the injuries as long as they can, so teams have the game plan for maybe that player's plan or that player's not playing. But the NFL stepped in and said, no, you need to let the public know, and so that emboldened the media to continue to pepper coaches about the state of their players Monday, Monday, after the game on Sunday Tuesday, when they get their first injury report Wednesday, Thursday, before Friday's final designation of questionable, doubtful, or out. Well, Rich Simini, who's been covering the Jets for a long time earlier decided to post that Garrett Wilson has got an injury that will likely keep him out for a significant amount of time. And apparently head coach Aaron Glenn much like head coach to Sean Foster, who was not happy with the media about reporting on his players and who was playing and who wasn't and so he's going to shut down practice.
Speaker 3: You're not getting anything out of us, nothing. I'll be fired before you're done covering this team in twenty twenty five, but you will get nothing remain.
Speaker 2: And much like Deshan Foster, as he was experiencing a miserable season. Aaron Glenn is going through a two to seven season of his own right now.
Speaker 3: I didn't think they were gonna win the two.
Speaker 2: I believe Justin Fields was six of eleven passing in the Sunday contest that they just won for like nineteen yards. So there's that. But here he is at his press conference today addressing the situation surrounding injuries and what questions will and won't be answered anymore.
Speaker 10: I'm going to pass on talking about the injuries since you're Rich.
Speaker 4: He's not here.
Speaker 10: He has all the answers, so you can, guys can get all the injuries from Rich. So I'll go right into the air game.
Speaker 3: Who's Rich?
Speaker 2: Rich Semini who has covered the Jets for probably the better part of two decades. Coach, that's Rich's job. If Rich gets a nugget from someone on your staff or Garrett Wilson's agent, or Garrett Wilson himself, because he's built these relationships from doing this job for two decades.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't like a guy like a guy with a stethoscope on that comes out like doctor Rich and tells everybody who's hurt. Hello, everybody, he's trying to clown Rich to media.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm going to to pass on talking about injuries since you're Rich. Oh, he's not here, has all the answers, so you can, guys can get all the injuries from Rich. So I go right into the air game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coach, we don't want to get the answers from Rich. That's not why we're here. We're here at the present. Rich isn't even here, so we can't even get the answers from him. But you understand, there are different paths where information travels, and sometimes it's an agent that's pissed off and wants to leak that to Rich so he can post. Hey, Garret Wilson's been playing with a busted up ankle for the last two weeks and now finally they're gonna put him on eye whatever. Not his fault, not the rest of the assembled media's fault. She can't just say I'm not gonna talk about it. Ask Rich since he's the one that's got all the answers.
Speaker 10: Isn't their protocols and play I'm going to to pass on talking about the injuries. He said, you're Rich, he's not here, he has all the answers.
Speaker 3: I heard riches on the opposite coast to Belmont Shore.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that saw boom shocky lock I.
Speaker 4: Right now, my.
Speaker 3: Work is done this week. I got the injury report out. I'm going out here and dragging ripples boom shot to lock it up. So what what what's the fallout? Oh, it'll be fallout. NFL will find it on him. Yeah, I would assume you want to find him, find him. Yeah, you know you're coming off of win and feeling embolden. Right, we were one in seven number two and seven? How great is this? Didn't he do like a pimp walk after they blocked a kick for a touchdown, but then they ended up losing.
Speaker 2: It, losing the game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gets Miami or so yeah, all right, boom shock a lock bad.
Speaker 4: Look, those aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that's saw boom shocky lock I right now, right now, right now, this is.
Speaker 3: The song of the day. All right.
Speaker 6: The song of the day is the Sun hasn't left by modest Mouse, which is poor timing as the sun is leaving, because well, yeah.
Speaker 3: I get stark early kind of depressing. That's why you have great sports talking, the petrols of money shows, great sports talk. Happy Veterans Day, and thank you for your service to all the great veterans out there. I know where some veterans hang out.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that's all boom shoty, lock I it right.
Speaker 2: Now, right now.
Speaker 3: Nobody could get more out of a Channel five foot soldiers report about a shooting in Belmont Shore than us. I mean, imagine how slow of a news day it is down to Channel five where they're like, what happened? What do we got? Somebody got shot two weeks ago in Belmont Shore. Why don't you go down there and interview some of the old barnacles at the bar.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that's.
Speaker 3: All boom shot. Lock I it right now, listen, missy I am. I'm a beer person, so I'm not gonna shoot anybody. That's why I'm sitting here and talking to you, sophisticated man. I'm a beer person, but well he's Vodkauz. He shots boom shot along might shoot each other later in the day.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots on vodkas and something that saw boom shot.
Speaker 3: I lock right now, running it right now, they're running it again.
Speaker 2: I run it live, rerunning it.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back with Sondheimer. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Petrow some money AM five seventy LA spot. I wouldn't cast him. AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, making our way until seven o'clock. It's David Vesse tonight. No how many drinks for you today?
Speaker 3: The great Eric Sondheimer joining us right now, quite simply the greatest high school sports writer that ever live period. LA Preps, Southern California preps from Paracleet to Chula Vista. Sondheimer does it all. The high school playoffs are heating up, and the CIF and the Seed. Nobody covers it like our friend Eric Sondheimer. So with all the games popping off, and I guess you know they say once. The second round is when it really goes down. The second round it goes down. So here to tell us what's happening Our friend from the La Times, the Immortal Eric Sondheimer, on your Southern California Toyo to Dealer celebrity hotline. What's cracking, Eric? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Thank you very much. I'm waiting to see if Lincoln shows up for the Santa Margaria Sierra Canyon game because there's gonna be six USC players in that game. Wow, and there'll be very little scoring, however, so I think the Kickers are going to dominate.
Speaker 3: Have you seen a lot of Lincoln Riley now that he's made like a new turnover, a new leaf to recruit better in Southern California? Have we've seen more of him this year?
Speaker 5: Eric, I've seen more of his assistant coaches. They've really done a good good job identifying top players, and I really there's nothing to criticize them. They've done a great job. If they all show up, they should have a terrific recruiting class.
Speaker 3: Tell Us you mentioned Santa Margharita, My old teammate, Carson Palmer, what can you say about the job him and his staff are doing down there in Coda Dekasa area. Well.
Speaker 5: The expectations certainly were high. They lost their opener seven to six. Blame the offense on the Blame the lack of offense on the head coach, I guess you could say, but they've gone better. They have a great defense. His big good decision was to keep last season's defensive coordinator, and they have Trent Moseley. At any point in the game, he could break for a long run. He could it's a pass, he could do anything, a return of punt. He's a game breaker. He's another one of those kids going to USC.
Speaker 2: Eric They speaking of Santa Margarita. They knacked off modern Day Modern Day got handled by Centennial. Kind of we expect it to always be Modern Day Bosco when the dust settles. Are those still the two best teams in this open Division?
Speaker 5: It's a good question. Nobody's won the open the division one since twenty fifteen other than Bosco and Modern Day, and that was Corona Centennial. I think there's a chance for a couple of teams. Centennial really has an approved defense. Matt Logan has passed the three hundred win mark. Did you have Sierra Canyon. This team is the secondary. All of them are going to be playing top level football. They have a great defensive line. I just don't know whether the offense is going to be able to deliver. And of course you have Misson Viel who has the best quarterback in the state and Loop, but hey, they're going to have to outschool Modern Day and the Opener. It's possible, but I still think Modernday's physicality will get to them.
Speaker 3: Is the Modern Day boss? I mean, I know Modern Day and Bosco are still very good, but the days of them dominating everybody and not even bothering to play, is that kind of over? Is this year a bit of an anomaly. It feels like there's people around town that we're mentioning that they're catching up.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think there's some signs of other teams catching up with Modern Day. The question is they've had two straight years where their freshmen teams were not very good, so that could be a sign of people having an opportunity to deal with them. Of course, they can always get transfers and pick it up. This is our new life, transfers in high school, transfers in college. But I think next season, there's going to be an opening for somebody to break in there.
Speaker 3: Eric, do you like the new setup or I don't know how new. It is a few years old where they use the computer and the cif. It seems like you end up with some rough matchups early, but it's better than the old model. Would you agree with that. We're not really sure. We need your guidance. You're shirpa like guidance.
Speaker 5: It's better because the games are closer. The computer does a good job trying to put competitive teams together. It's not perfect. I don't like the fact that it doesn't take into consideration head to head battles. I mean, we have teams playing in the same league as the first round and somebody who beat the other maybe not getting the host. So there's areas to improve on. But this is the way to go. It's great to base it on this currency. And previous years they would do it based on the last two years of results, and that was terrible. The teams changed every year.
Speaker 3: Eric.
Speaker 2: We had our friend Tom Telesco on a couple of weeks ago and he's been coaching up wide receivers at CDM and kind of walk well. I think Petros understands it better than I do, but walk us through the You know, when you get bumped up, you play well in your division, you get bumped up into Division two, and then you go out there and get absolutely housed by Murray at a value fourteen, Like what is that? Is that the right way? Because doesn't that impact the way you get slotted the following year? Like these teams that do really well and in their division and then they get bumped up, like it seems like that's a rough go for.
Speaker 5: Them, Right, it's for the teams that rarely have a great team and then suddenly one year they do have that great team and they think they're going to win a championship, and then they get stuck in a division they just really don't belong in. That's what I who I feel sorry for. You know, they're actually doing it the right way. Building from specimen the senior year. I hate to say it, but the teams that never lose are always in the same division. They're getting transfers, they're replacing their senior class every year, so they're never going to have a rebuilding year. You know, somebody's doing it the right way when they're having rebuilds years. That means they're not going out and trying to get players. But yeah, it's it's definitely town. Corona Del Mar got pulled up there and it was a tough And they're in division too. It's a tough division. Every team in that division is good. And Mary had a Valley. They have a great offensive line, a terrific running back in Watson, and they just run over you. They don't have Bear Bachmeyer this year, but they just run over their physical.
Speaker 3: The great Eric Sondheimer from the La Times, there's nobody better. He doesn't just follow around Sierra Canyon. He goes everywhere in high school. So where are you going this weekend? Eric? What are you the most looking forward to?
Speaker 5: Well, bad timing. I am't going this year again for the Anna Margarita game. I'm going there because these are the two best defenses around. If it's raining, they better get me an umbrella out there, otherwise I'm going to be in trouble.
Speaker 1: You can't provide your own I'm trying to keep staff at the same time.
Speaker 5: Good multitasking, multitasking so but there's a lot of good games out Division two and Division three, tremendous matchups. I like palas Verdi's in a couple of weeks to meet to shift a Smart Pacific on a game where if you score forty nine points, the first team the forty nine points will win that game. So you'll be out there petals because you like Pallas Verdi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the quarterback. He's a good kid, and he's going to play. He's going to be the very first here's here's an article for you. He's going to be the very first guy ever. Now, we've had plenty of guys who played quarterback that went on to play college football on the hill, but none of them have ever played quarterback in college. This is going to be the fort Rakowski, the kid at Palas Verdies. He's going to be the first kid ever from Pallas Verdies I think, to start an FBS football game at quarterback. So yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: I agree. And that he will be there for four years, which is even more stunning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna have one more year. That it's been a special thing. You think that they have the juice to go all the way I do in.
Speaker 5: That division Division three, they lucked out didn't get in Division two. So Division three, I think They're going to win the next two games and then play Pacific and we'll see who wins the offensive shootout. They have a great quarterback, a junior named Taylor Lee, so that will be a tough matchup if they get there.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, what quick one? Selfishly Sandy? Speaking of Division two, does my local squad Los Alamidos have a shot to get out of there? Are they lucky just to win one game?
Speaker 5: I love that team. That is a neighborhood team. The coach loves his players, the players love each other. They have a shot. I really think chemistry plays a role in the playoffs in that division. You're not in Division one, they would have no chance. But in Division two, it's all about just being ready finding an individual can lift them. Lenny I. Barr is a terrific kid. He's going to Army. Everybody said, go out and let's see him once. He's unbelievable. The way he runs, the way he tackles, the way he leads. He's perfect for army, and we'll see if he can Los Alamados, Beautiful.
Speaker 3: Is there one public school or city school out there that you got your eye on that no one's talking about?
Speaker 5: Eric Well, the city Sesson starts his playoffs, and obviously Pallisse is a great story. They pretty much lost their campus all year. They're ten and zero. They keep playing and winning these close games, which I don't understand how they're doing it. But Jack Thomas has forty two touchdown passes. He's a quarterback. He lost his house, so that'll be something I'll be looking forward to. They're playing Garfield, that'll be a tough game for them to win because Garfield runs the ball and Polly has no defense.
Speaker 3: All good stuff. Well, Pally's had a rough year. We love you, Eric, and that's great stuff. La Times. If you're not reading Eric Sondheimer's prep stuff, do you even understand sports in southern California? Thank you, Eric, and have a wonderful weekend and stay dry out there.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: What a star the best?
Speaker 3: What a Nestorday. Boomshocka lock right now, let's talk high school right and we'll return beers. Boom shock lock.
Speaker 7: These aren't beer people, these are shots and vodkas and something that's.
Speaker 4: Saw boom shocky lock it right now.
Speaker 9: Oh, Carson's ready for Sirah Canyon. By the way, Petros, you know they have got DJ the entire game playing music up until like the snap of the ball.
Speaker 3: It's a real real productions here is it? Lebron's DJ problem Cleveland.
Speaker 2: And then the barber's giving you a haircuts in a stand, haircuts in a stand.
Speaker 3: At every every game is Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Plays pizza everywhere.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got a bad back. Sciontica brought his sideline reporter out from Cleveland. Oh that's cool. Yeah, and then she she works the sideline.
Speaker 3: She's a good looking lady. But don't make any assumptions. Boom shock a lot.
Speaker 4: These aren't beer people.
Speaker 7: These are shots and vodkas and something that's saw Boom shocky lock I it right now.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, an attractive man, a beautiful woman. I never make assumption.
Speaker 4: Boom shocky lock I it right now.
Speaker 1: Right now, We'll be right back with the flip top story of the day. Hello, PMS listener, did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 3: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vassei, the Dodger podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wap Petro some money in five seven LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeart Radio. Tomorrow we got Clipper basketball tonight, full three to seven show. But if you are well interested in the Clippers snapping their five game losing street, but tomorrow could be the day. Denver Nuggets is who they will be taking on in an effort to try to stop the slide.
Speaker 3: That well, they're not good, they don't have like the best player in the NBA or anything.
Speaker 2: I think the Clippers could win it.
Speaker 3: Watching them a few times this year, I gotta be honest, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's it's painful. It's a painful watch. But that Into It Dome is beautiful.
Speaker 3: It is a great play, great place. You don't want to turn down tickets to the Into It Dome. No, And we got him to give away on Monday lot from the BJ's and Irvine starting at one o'clock.
Speaker 2: Whatever you may think of the way the Clippers brand of basketball is playing these days, at least get to that Into It Dome and enjoy what is the best basketball arena in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, one's saying that you have to root for the Clippers. You root for progress, progress in arena building. That's what you root for, and that's what the Clippers have to offer so far early in the twenty twenty five twenty twenty six basketball season. All right, Matt, we'll call this the flip top story of the day. Why not. Who's to say I'll clip you out, I will look you out. This is the flip top story of the day. USC football's got three big games left. They got Iowa, then they got Oregon in autsin and then fight don't fight all fight all Ucla at the Coliseum. Now, despite you as see football being on the Big ten network versus Iowa at twelve thirty at the Coliseum, it is homecoming and despite it being on the Big ten network.
Speaker 2: That pretty good coverage, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not Fox. It's not just Iowa USC. You'd think Big Noon, ABC, UBC, frid Time ABC Game, NBC, or you'd think the the NBC or CBS. They all have a piece of the Big ten. Fox sold them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ucla Ohio State on NBC. Guys, all right, all right, sorry.
Speaker 9: The Peacocks got the big thirty and a half point spread game.
Speaker 3: Right, it is homecoming, so I guess you know, they really do a great job of reaching out to former players.
Speaker 2: Like to say, you like to go back for homecoming every year every year.
Speaker 3: But I gotta say, Matt, if I was ever going to come back, I'd come back for this one because nobody lays a scene thicker than Lincoln Riley. Talk about a motivational coach. Okay, here he is on the USC week show talking about what it's going to be like if the fans are going to show up and support the team on Saturday in the Colise.
Speaker 11: I know our fans are excited about this game. I know our players are excited about this game. I know our former players are excited about this game, like play Wait, wait this is going.
Speaker 3: To unless he's doing his nails with Caleb Williams. Other than Matt Lionert, I don't know one former player that talks to Lincoln Ryley that one. I mean, I mean maybe I mean guys that played for him, maybe the last couple of years. But it's just it's interesting for me to hear Lincoln Riley talk for the former players at USC who I don't believe any of them have met him, or he's done any kind of outreach, or he's not Mick Cronin. No, no, he's not even Ben Howland. What former players does he talk to? Probably Lionert pretty juiced up. I'm sure for the Iowa game. O, wait, go ahead and play. Sorry, sorry about that. Go ahead, you can finish, Lincoln. I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: I know our fans are excited about this game. I know our players are excited about.
Speaker 3: This What fans do you talk to? Like, you don't talk to anybody, You're barely barely.
Speaker 2: Are the ones that write the big checks? You know they get to come say.
Speaker 11: I know our fans are excited about this game. I know our players are excited about this game. I know our former players are excited about this game, like like this is going to be one of those days that you know, if you care at all about USC football, you do not want to miss this. And it's and it's been a lot of hard work for a lot of people to get to that point. So we can't wait for this game. It's going to be an epic atmosphere in the coliseum. I already know it. Our team knows it. We're going to prepare hard, be ready to play.
Speaker 2: I'm sold.
Speaker 3: So everybody is excited, I guess for the big Iowa game. You heard Danny Canal talk about it a little bit earlier.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 3: And then here was Lincoln Riley's answer on the controversial Damon Heward fake punt jersey swap play very Pete Carroll twenty oh nine when he took a knee and then Rick new Heisl UCLASC game called the time out. So then Pete Carroll threw a touchdown pass. Was like, hey, we just really like how they played out. I mean, we thought we had a great chance and we did. We did. We executed it. Man, That's kind of Lake and Rollig's approach here. And remember we had not a legal play. We had the great Dean Blandino come on yesterday and I believe him, and he said it's not legal. But here we go.
Speaker 2: You know, we had a good scheme drawn up.
Speaker 11: You know, give credit to you know, Coach Doherty, and we had several people involved on that one, and and and you know, really it was about execution though at the end of the day, you know, they ended up bringing an overload there to the left side, and you know had one more guy than we were able to block, and you know, Sam stood in there and made a really nice throws, get a great touch by Tanook, and yeah, it was another huge momentum play. You know, anytime you can get a chance to pull something like that off and you know, continue a drive and then go cap it off, I mean that's it was. It was a big play. So yeah, cool to see the guys execute it. We had a lot of confidence going into the game. And uh, you know, I know there's been a bunch of stuff on the outside about it. It's a perfectly legal play and our guys executed it at.
Speaker 2: A high level. No, right there at the end, you know, his position is that it is perfectly legal. Dean Blandino says, not legal.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, there's been a bunch of stuff on the outside about it. It's a perfectly legal play, and our guys executed it at a high level.
Speaker 3: Well, there it is.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like it's the execution of completing the pass.
Speaker 3: Well, they had it overloaded on the other side and Stewart stood in there.
Speaker 2: Every wearing the number eighty with kicking.
Speaker 3: Shoots on Damon Heward.
Speaker 2: Guys, what we're talking about around COVID.
Speaker 3: Sam Heward was a five star recruit and I should know his name, Matt. I did like three or four of his games, and he is Brock Heward's nephew, and his uncle is also the other uncle is the OC at USC, but doesn't call the plays. Sam Heward was a five star recruit who washed out at Washington and you're like, okay, well then go play somewhere else. He ended up at cal Pauly with his high school football coach at his OC. They fired his high school football coach at OC, so he ends up. I mean, you're a five star recruit and now you're the third or four string quarterback at USC because your uncle's.
Speaker 2: Anyway, and you're wearing kicking shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, we like what we saw. That overloaded it. He's stood in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not the point. It's a guy wearing the same number as the punter who's wearing kicking shoes.
Speaker 3: That's what ruskin here. Now you know who doesn't respect USC much. I mean you just think about the style and lot is Kirk Ferrence, the dean of college football. Kirks, you might as well be Howard Schnellenberger up there in God's Country in Iowa. Here's ference not mentioning Lincoln Riley, but talking about his philosophy versus the philosophy of some of the new people out west that are new to the conference.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think thank of a guy that entered the conference recently that came with widely acclaimed you know, offensive stats and all that. And that's usually how those guys to become well known because of their you know, whatever they're doing, throwing it, running a wishbone, you know. Then you look a little deeper, So what's this guy's wins per game? And there's usually a correlation, you know, people that just throw the ball around, you know, it's it makes it tougher to win. It makes it tougher to be on good defense, good on defense. I think Phil would tell you that. So there is a team conspects concept here that is is really important to me. It's the only way we can win in my opinion, my opinion. And come right back to it.
Speaker 13: Uh, I lost my train of thought. Okay, yeah, but yeah, it still gets other wins per game, like you know, oh, I know the other one. There's school on the West coast right now that's going to recommit to defense. You know, you have a forty two to two wlane last year in a bowl game, so you know a place where like you know, running on play, So I just find it. You know, now they're going to think about defense like you know, to me that that was the first thing we thought about.
Speaker 3: To thank you.
Speaker 12: That ain't change like that just ain't going to change.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Lost my train of thought there.
Speaker 3: Damn damn.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm going to pack us some more what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Well, remember the last time USC played in Iowa was in twenty nineteen. They played in the Holiday Bowl against the Clay Helton team that had a mon Ross Saint Brown and Pittman and Drake London at wide receiver. And Iowa, a very challenged team offensively generally put up forty nine and blue USC out beat their ass Kurk Farrence. So that'll be interesting. And Matt your last SoundBite, we will switch to basketball. Maybe Lincoln Rodley doesn't move the needle for us on the Petterson Money Show very well, you know what I mean. But there is a coach at USC that does. Eric Musselman, certainly the basketball coach. As much as we love McK Cronin we do. We also love Eric Musselman, our old buddy, and he is always online trying to fire everybody up. Do this and that, geek up the football team. But they're up and running. They beat cal Paly, they beat Manhattan. They have another game coming up against a lightweight type this week. But here's our old buddy, Eric Musselman in the locker room for USC before the game, trying to fire up his team. He puts on a battle clava and he says they're gonna be like kleptos and they're gonna take from their opponent. Listen to the speech.
Speaker 14: Tonight's thing I clepto medium. It's the urge to simply take something because you can, with no hesitation, no remorse, and zero concern for whoever's.
Speaker 3: Left empty handed. So tonight we have got to take everything cla we can.
Speaker 14: We've gotta be Clipto maniacs, and we gotta take.
Speaker 3: The Trunson's three one two three the maniacs with no remorse. God bless Eric Musselman. That's some good stop.
Speaker 2: That is good stuff.
Speaker 3: So not not so great from but I can just show you that you can coach at USC and be fired up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, there's been a bunch of stuff on the outside about it. It's a perfectly legal play and our guys executed it at a high level.
Speaker 2: That's going to fire me up.
Speaker 3: As opposed to a guy to Ballaclada with.
Speaker 14: No repitation, no remorse, and zero concern.
Speaker 3: For whoever's left. That's a math. All right, We'll be right back. We got a whole other hour at two hours of great sports Talk. We got a talk great sports talk about the NFL coming up next. We got a film Noir Corner, All the Way to the Dead, and the Live Guy Birthday of the Day. We're on till seven. Stay with us on this time of the last Tuesday.