Speaker 1: Now your host Ken Brew on news radio seven hundred WLW Go Big or Go Home?
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of that one? I think I just heard that, and that's that promo spot for the NFL games, well something to that effect. Welcome on in. It's a truncated look that word of kids version of the full can Brew Saturday experience. We are going to UC basketball at one thirty today as those Bearcats get ready to take on the number two team in America, Iowa State. And that is live and direct from the fifth third Arena, and you'll hear it all right here on seven hundred WLW with Dan Horde and Terry Nelson courtside. I believe Moe Egger is with them as well, so it will be a three headed attack right here on seven hundred WLW. What a week it's been. Riots in Minneapolis. The United States still wants to go after Greenland. Of course, we have the Venezuela blockade, and somehow, some way that country is functioning after its president has been absconded and brought back to the United States. Iran is rearing its ugly head again, and of course it never goes away. In Israel and the Gaza strip. Oh, and by the way, Putin and Zelensky and Russia and the Ukraine. So there's a lot percolating around this world right now. And when a lot starts to percolate around this world, I'd like to talk to one person, and one person only. You know, there's a hot rumor going around that if the United States somehow, some way makes Greenland the fifty first state of the United States, there's a hot rumor going around, a rumor, of course, which I started, that the governor of the great state, the fifty first state of Greenland is going to be my next guest, and he, of course is the great politician in waiting, and perhaps someday, someday soon may come back. Who knows. Jim Ridece standing by to join us, and Jim, how are you on this glorious Saturday.
Speaker 3: Well, I am good, Ken. How about yourself?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. Now. There's a hot rumor going around that when the President annexes ice Greenland, I'm sorry to be our fifty first state, that you will be tapped to be the governor of Greenland. Is there any truth to this rumor?
Speaker 4: Jim?
Speaker 3: Well, Ken, there is absolutely no truth, Because I like to get away from the cold.
Speaker 2: I do call yeah if you like. If you like cold, you don't have to go to Greenland. You stay in Ohio for January and February. Look, there's a lot that a lot of saber rattling here. I think Trump has three options. He can invade Greenland and take it. He can buy Greenland, much like we did with Alaska all those years ago. Or he could work with Greenland to try and get what he really wants. What I think is a stronger base there from a military standpoint, and the middle roles that are indigenous to Greenland. I think that's probably the option that's at play here. I think Trump wants to rattle the sort a little bit and get everybody on their toes and in the end get his best deal. Am I reading this situation wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, when it comes to President Trumps, you're probably reading it properly. I just in some ways I'm not sure if he needs to rattle the sorts as much as he is. I mean, we already control the airspace in Greenland. We already have the only military base in Greenland. We already have an agreement with NATO that says we will always work and protect Greenland and they will work with us. So right now we have all of that. Would it be great to own or control or have Greenland's part of the United States for security interests, Sure, but it'd probably be good to have Mexico and South America and Canada and everybody else too. But they don't want to come, and we shouldn't push them if they don't.
Speaker 2: Trump is thinking too small. Here is what you're saying. It shouldn't it shouldn't just be agreeing with it. But what I what I find interesting about about all of this, and again I sometimes I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist, but I think he's trying to keep NATO on its toes. I think this is a direct message to China, and I think in the end he's going to get what he wants. But it sure was funny this week to see all of these European nations decide they're going to send their troops, their aircraft or whatever to to Greenland for some exercises. He got everybody's attention, which I think might have been part of his game too.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, But look, one thing I don't understand about President Trump, But again I do know he has a unique way of doing things. It's kind of tough when you're rattling the savors of your friends, because when your friends become your enemies, you have more problems. So sometimes I just wish he would do things a little different, be a little bit more diplomatic. I know he's not a politician. That's good, but yeah, I always get concerned the way we kind of rattle things up, especially when they're your friends.
Speaker 2: I don't and I'm torn here because I don't know if he knows there's a line he can walk to and then that's it. It's it's it's not going to happen, much as his rhetoric now is with Iran. You know, he again he's got an aircraft carrier in that part of the world, and it sounds like there could be something done if that country and that particular dictatorship continues to do what he does. I'm not sure if he knows that there's a line there that he can't cross, or there's some people, somebodies pulling him back and in his ear saying you know, you really can't do that. It's not a good idea. I wonder if he just has the right people in his ear around him right now. And I know as subjective thinking and it's just conjecture, but do you think he does.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I've said this all along. In his first presidency, he had a lot of good people around him, and they would question what he was doing. They would tell him, hey, you really can't do that. He would fire some of those people because he didn't like their answers. But now he has people around him who will not question anything he's doing. I think he has a weaker group of people around him, and I think that's part of the problem. You know, Ken always said, my success and many success of many people is because you have good, strong people around you. I'm afraid the president does not have that around him today. So he actually moves much further toward that line that you're talking about than he would have in the past. He does have presidential immunity now that the Supreme Court has given him that, which is kind of trusting because that means he's given you know, it's another topic, but again he's given President Clint presidential amusity too, and a lot of things that they're going after him for as well. So I think that my biggest concern is that line you're talking about, there's going to come a time where somebody's going to punch back when he crosses that line. And that's what I fear more than anything.
Speaker 2: Well, we seem to have our nose in a lot of different places. Iran now apparently is the is the latest we've been to Venezuela. We apparently now have taken over Venezuela. China I think is lurking in the in the back. You know, there's a theory, Jim, that that China has a grand plan that what they want is the United States on a three pronged mission in different parts of the world, and then China can pounce on Taiwan and take Taiwan. I just think that there's just there's got to be a number, a definite number of the places you can be at one time time as the big brother, or it comes back and it gets the big brother. And it sounds like that's what you meant when you just answered that last question. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 3: Sure? And you got Russia out looking at some things too, you got China looking at some things. I mean, this is all problematic. And then you got a real hotbed in the Middle East where you have. You know, all these warships sitting around, and that's a hotbed in the sense that you start to go into one of those countries and you could cause a whole bunch of backlash between all the countries around you. So and then you really have a mess over there as well.
Speaker 6: But I would agree with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, China's looking at all this and say, hey, keep doing what you're doing. We're going to get Taiwan. We're going to you know, you almost wonder if they're not driving the train it's causing some of this to happen. That's going on with President.
Speaker 2: Trump twenty ten. You're in Congress and you were your party, the Republican Party was not the party in power. It was during Obama's first administration. I'm just wondering, now, if you placed yourself in Washington, d C. The last place on Earth it sounds like you want to be, But if you placed yourself there in the minority, if you were a Democrat, for example, in Washington, d C. And all of this is going on, it has to be driving you crazy because you have very little input at all on any of this. So I'm just wondering, how do you think this factors into what the Democrats and their strategy will be going forward with all of these international incidents that they seem to have no ability to get involved with.
Speaker 3: Well, look, if I was advising the Democrats, and I'm not, but if I was, I would tell them, I would say, just let President Trump continue to do what he's doing. Let him continue to make the decisions he's making, because the American people, I mean, there's a pole out today. Now I know it's CNN, and people say, oh, it's CNN, but sixty percent are saying that Trump's first.
Speaker 2: Year was a failure.
Speaker 3: And you know that's a problem. So let's, you know, again, let him just continue to Now the problem with the Democrats is they can't keep their mouths shut either, and they cause themselves their own problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're right, and it's the same. It's I mean, either side, it's the usual suspects you see on the cable shows every night. It's the same people running to the television lights. Jimmer and ac our guests. All right, we got a situation in Minnesota that is again reaching new boiling points every day. Leaving aside the fact that an ICE agent, some say in self defense it would appear to be that he was in some sort of jeopardy, fired his gun and killed a woman who was an agitator behind the wheel of a car. Leave the incident to the side, just per second. There is a real case, I think for Trump invoking the Insurrection Act. You know, people will say, well, that's an act that goes back to the eighteen hundreds. Well, sure, but there's been thirty instances where Republican and Democrat presidents have invoked the Insurrection Act just to get calm on the streets and protect the innocent people whom I sure don't want that going on in their town. To protect them. If you were the president, knowing what has transpired there, would you invoke the Direction Act the Insurrection Act?
Speaker 3: Well, again, as president, I think the problem is he has no relationship with state, no relationship with the governor, no relationship with the with the mayor. So there is a real issue there which is driving up We'll drive up even more attention if he does use the Insurrection Act. But I do think we need we need to get the town under control, and I think the president should use whatever power he believes is necessary. But at the same time, he's got to be extremely careful because I think the way the incident occurred, and again, as you said, well, I think all the facts still have to come out, whether whether the individuals should have been shot not shot, and even if there was a use of deadly force because the individual believed he was being you know, could have been killed by the car. I wish that it would have just been handled in a way that we would have said, hey, look, this is a terrible incident. We're going to do a full review and make sure that what happened doesn't occur again. If not necessary, whatever, however, you have to explain it because if you use the insurrection in it, it could be multiple of those incidents. So we've just got to be careful. That's what I fear more than anything, that the flame it's already, but we use the insurrection and it explodes, and it explodes back in the face of the president, not in the face of the protesters. That's the problem that I fear.
Speaker 2: These are well funded and well organized protests. This isn't a bunch of people that just decided to come out of their homes and yell and scream in the streets in Minneapolis weather, which is not very good at this time of the year. These are well funded, well organized protests that are going on there in Minnesota. It strikes me a little bit about twenty twenty when we had the George Floyd riot that encapsulated Minnesota. Different circumstance, sure, but similar in the sense that it was an election year. This seems to be almost a left wing game plan is that when you've got an election coming up and you're not the party in power, let's just stir it up and show that this country is totally out of control, particularly under Donald Trump. I don't know if that's cynical, but it sure seems to be that's what the game plan is here at Jim, what do you think, Well, remember what I said earlier.
Speaker 3: If I was advising the Democrats, I would let the president continue to.
Speaker 6: Do what he's doing.
Speaker 3: I probably should have added, and I would have accelerated the problems that he could have in the November election. And I think that's probably right. That's exactly what they're doing. They believe this is a winning situation to him. They believe that the president has so if you look at polling, it does say that everybody wants criminals and illegals to be sent back, but it doesn't say in many cases, to do what the president's doing to get it done. So the polling shows, yes, we want it done, No, we don't like what you're doing with the president, seventy eight percent say that. So you know, again, these are the things that if you're a Democrat and you want to win in November, you just continue to flame these ones up or you know, people are not happy with's what the president is doing. But at the same time you've got to watch that you don't flame it up so much that people say, well, wait a minute, we don't like what you're doing either.
Speaker 2: The people that are going after it would seem are people that shouldn't be let loose in the country they came from. I mean, this whole thing with the Laotians that developed this week and what we know about people from South America and what they've come and done in this country and before they got it, they shouldn't be here in the first place. So I guess is the conundrum is, sure, you've got to be careful about how you go in and do this, but on the other hand, if you leave these people that are in this country that Joe Biden left in to do god knows what once they're here. I think that's that's his problem. He campaigned on getting these people out of here, and Jen, to be honest with you, I want him out of here. I don't want these people that have done things in their own country that are important, abhor it and and illegal and criminal. I don't want them here either. But how do you go in and do that without getting what they're getting in Minneapolis right now, or what they'll get in Boston, or what they'll surely get in places like Chicago when they go in there and try and do it. I don't know how you thread that needle, do you well? It's difficult.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I think the polling and I would agree with you seventy five to eighty percent of the people one hundred percent agree with you. The people that came here illegally, the people that are dangerous, we want them out of here, We want them sent back. But I'm going to give you a story of an individual in Wayne County, Ohio, has been here for twenty eight years, came here from Laos at the age of three or four. I believe he knows nobody back in Laos now. But he did get married. He has four children. The four children are going right, He has a great job. He was a welder, and he got taken and sent back to Laos. And the question is how did he get pulled and taken back? And the reason was is because he had a felony. There was a gun at his girlfriend's house, not his current wife, his girlfriend's house twenty some years ago and he ended up with a low level felony. Well, they took him too, So I use that as an example of yes, we got to get that bad people out of here. But this guy who's contributing to the society has four children and a wife who now, by the way, will be on our medicaid system because she can't afford to maintain the kids and the house and everything here. And they know nobody back in LuSE. I mean, think about those situations, and those are the ones that we have to be very careful on.
Speaker 2: Those are the ones that if you're a Republican, those are the ones that the Democrats ad seize on. So you've got the political implications, let alone the fairness of what happened to the individual that you just cited by the way. We're getting a lot of feedback here, Jim. During this interview about Jim or Acy, governor of Greenland. I think there could be a grassroots movement building here, Jim. We might have started something here. Can you confirm or deny that you've already got a campaign in place that there you've hired people for this? Is this true?
Speaker 3: Well, maybe that's the people that want to get rid of the can. That's all the people that are afraid I'm going to run for gallaner of Ohio and afraid I'm going to run for something else.
Speaker 2: They want me here. Good, keep them on their toes, that's for sure. Good catching up with you, Jim. Stay well, you know we'll visit down the road. Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 3: We have a good tanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bet well. No purchase of Greenland yet and no insurrection clause invoked yet in what is still a tinder box in Minneapolis. Stand by, We're on top of all of it. On seven hundred w l W twelve thirty nine on this Saturday, after shortened version of the show coming up at one thirty, we go to fifth Third Arena, the number two team in the country, Iowa State in town to take on the UC Bearcats. In fact, there's a lot of college basketball that is uh circling the tri status we like to say, circling the try status we like to see. You know, I mentioned it was twelve thirty nine, but as you and I both know, it's five o'clock somewhere. It's one for you, one for me, It's one for the ages right there. They always give me the good stuff top again. Yes, yes, yes, yes, sing it, aj.
Speaker 1: I've just got time for one more round.
Speaker 2: Shut them up, my briend. Yeah, what happens after that?
Speaker 1: Then now be gone and you can let some other food sit down.
Speaker 2: You know what, you never hear people say? Sing that song again? Ken, I just saw Alan Jackson, who's not in good health and has not been for a while, is going to do his his final concert in Nashville. I believe it's July fourth weekend and it's an all star show, a lot of big country acts down there at the Nissan Stadium where the Tennessee Titans play, and it's sold out, hard sellout. Coming up top of the hour, Mason Cameron profootballfocus dot Com will break down the NFL weekend games, now down to four games, two today too. Tomorrow. Basketball this afternoon, Number twenty four, Tennessee at home against the UK Wildcats. About four and a half to go first half and Tennessee is up thirty eight to twenty two. Top of the hour we have. I think there are only three unbeaten teams in the country right now, one of which is the Miami RedHawks. They are eighteen in all, and Miami gets Buffalo today for a one o'clock tip at Molett and Travis Steele was talking just the other day about his team and why it's red hot.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how many games we've won in a row here at home, but we've got a great winning streak here at home. We obviously have a good record right now or off to a tremendous start, which is great for our university. The exposure that it's getting and the attension and then exposure and the attention that our men's basketball program and our players are getting. They deserve it. And listen, we got really good players, but they're better human beings and that's what I'm more proud of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've won eleven straight at Molett this season, eighteen and er unbeaten, taking on Buffalo top of the hour. Up there we have Robert Morris against NKU tonight at seven. There's a matchup that drew some headlines this week for the wrong reasons. Robert Morris at NKU seven o'clock tip tonight over at Northern Kentucky University. And as I mentioned, you see tips off at one thirty today against I'm sorry, two o'clock today again number two Iowa State. Airtime is one thirty here on seven hundred at W well W. You know, the the fan base is a little split right now. To be kind on Wes Miller and whether or not he survives the rest of this season, I don't know. He could stand to win today against Iowa State on the heels of beating Colorado the other night. And it was at that Colorado game where let's just say, the fan base was a little restless. Ultimately it worked out for everybody. There was the win over the Buffaloes. But after the game, Midder was talking about just the whole situation. You know, you hear booze, you hear cheers, and anyway, here's Milber afterwards, there's so much support.
Speaker 7: That's what I focus on, you know, I think the guys feel support. I think they feel the cheers, and we're at a place where the expectations are really high, you know, because of what's happened here, you know, over such a long period of time. We all came here because of that. But to talk just about that takes away from all the people that there's almost ten thousand people there tonight and there's a lot of people cheering and support, and I think that's that's the part that I think we all appreciate.
Speaker 2: Well. Like I said, he could stand a win today. The second team in the country, Iowa State at Fifth Third Arena, and of course we have the four NFL games this weekend. Redsfest is at the Convention Center downtown and that is wrapping up later on this afternoon. So there's a lot flying around. There's no question about it. If you're somebody who has returned to the office in light of the you know, these companies they pay big dollars for these buildings that they house their their businesses in, or they pay a big rent on these on these particular buildings, and they want their employees back because they have to justify to their board or shareholders or whatever why they're in this building first place. There are some employees that are holding out. They said, no, I don't want to do that. I think I've been here long enough. Aaron the right to work remotely at least part of the time, and some companies are saying okay and then doing something else. They found out a new way to spy on you when you're not on the job. Microsoft Teams has introduced a new feature. You may know about this. It automatically detects your office location when you connect to the company by Wi Fi. So big brother is keeping an eye on you. With Microsoft Teams. There are other Google based products, Google Messages now let your boss spy on your chats because bosses want to know what these employees are up to, and if they're up to no good, well then that's an easy way perhaps to get called on the old HR carpet. Standing by the way in on all of this, I love this. She first herself as a chapreneur, not an entrepreneur, but a chipreneur, A strategist. Suzanne Castle. She's a podcaster, She's a cheerleader for ambitious women, leadership trainer, and somebody that wants to put sparkle back in you and your company. She's all about sparkle. I love it. But she's also somebody that knows there are new ways that could make you miserable if you're trying to cheat the company. Let's bring her on in. She's kind enough to give us some of her time here on seven hundred a WYLW Today. Suzanne Castle, how are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 5: I am fabulous. Thank you so much for having me today. I'm excited we're talking about this.
Speaker 2: I am too, because if I work for somebody who was monitoring me and watching my every move and try to determine if I'm an effective employee, I'd probably freak out because what is enough what is not enough? Is enough something that is only going to get you to tomorrow or is it something else that gets you past tomorrow and into the future. I'm confused. How does all of this work?
Speaker 5: You know? I think surveillance doesn't create productivity, and I think that's the problem here. Trust and clarity and outcomes I think are what moves people. And technology is making monitoring easier, but I believe it easier doesn't mean smarter, and so I think employers have a really interesting line to be dancing right now, and I know if I was feeling watched like you said, instead of trusted, my performance might drop. Because anxiety is going to range a little bit. There's probably definitely going to be lower retention, especially among your high performers. And I don't know that I want to work for a person who has a culture of compliance instead of ownership. That's just not the world that we're living in anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering, and you may not have an answer. I certainly don't, but I wonder if there are state by state laws that will have to be addressed if indeed an employer is doing this, because basically it's surveillance. In some of these states have very strict laws against surveillance, whether it be on the job or in personal life. I'm just wondering. Is there a legal hurdle that has to be crossed here?
Speaker 5: Well, I do think there is, and I think it's narrower though than some people think. So, you know, I feel like, you know, employees want to have the expectation of privacy at work, and they should expect privacy in their personal spaces and personal accounts, but honestly, they should expect limited privacy if you have an employer owned system. So the responsibility is on employers to try to clearly define that boundary. And I think that's where the confusion is, because confusion is what's creating fear about this, and so that's why policies matter, in oversights matter. But you have to be very very careful about how you're communicating this so you're not scaring your employees. Communication is team here.
Speaker 2: So the employee surveillance business, it's a cottage industry, but it's really exploded since COVID. Since Marts of twenty twenty one, a lot of people either chose to or were given the right to work at home, and of course a lot of companies, as you well know, have ended that they need employees back in the office. But nevertheless, if you're working at home, at least initially I found during COVID, there were ways that you could game the system. You'd move the mouse on your computer maybe every ninety seconds or so, or you made it look like you were doing something with keystrokes. But I think the technology now has gone past that, has it not. I mean, it's gotten better and employers can now figure out if you're just sitting there doodling or if indeed you are working, am I right about that?
Speaker 5: You are definitely right. There's AI and behavioral analytics that have hit the marketplace, and these emerging tools, they're analyzing patterns rather than single actions. So an example is AI can flag low engagement and then tell an employer there's risk behaviors happening. They can do predictive attrition or productivity scoring. And so now as an employer, I would say, this is giving me insight. I need to intervene, I need to coach here. But the concern for employee obviously is there's automated judgment like I'm a human, like something might have been going on. And so the AI race is also affecting these tools that employers can use to monitor their employees. And that monitoring, you know, from periodic screenshots to webcam activation indicators. It's real, and it's big, and it's almost on every single divid So.
Speaker 2: In essence, this surveillance equipment can take over whatever laptop or computer that you're using. It can take a screencap of what you're actually doing.
Speaker 5: Correct, that's correct. And there's also even location and network based tracking, so that can infer where the employee is based on their network connection because the Wi Fi based location has a detector. There's bad swipes, there's device proximity tools, and so there's really blurred boundaries for hybrid workers and people working at home. When employer thinks you're sitting at your home office that we've set up and they're actually taking call it starbuss, that's where that presence data and performance data metric gets really really blurry and really really murky.
Speaker 2: Wow. So you know, again, I suppose all of this is tied to money. You mentioned AI. You know, companies are sitting there and they're saying, ah, well, look at Joe. Joe scores real low. Does Joe do a job that AI might be able to replace? You know? The answer to every question in life, I think is money, And this is probably what this is all about. How can we save money with perhaps this AI product and not have to worry about this guy health benefits or whatever else we have to do to keep him here as an employee. It's AI really is at the root of all of this, is it not?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the technology line is that is that the crux of this And so when I am advising CEOs, right now I'm telling them things like, decide what you value first before you choose the tool, because if you value trust, then you're going to design your environment for trust. If you value outcomes, you're going to tend towards technology that measure that. And I think the culture of any place you work is showing up in what you track, So that's where the money is flowing. So whatever technology companies are using, that's a culture marker. It's also a leadership marker. But I do think it's money driven for sure, because what you're measuring is shaping the behavior. Though, and I think the better question, at least that I'm asking is how leaders use these tools, not whether or not they're going to exist, because they're just going to exist, so we have to figure out how to use them ethically and morally.
Speaker 2: I believe is this surveillance. Is it being used for people that are actually in the building and on the job? I mean with a large company. I'm not suggesting these companies do that, but a large company like IBM, for example, would they use it for on the job and remote?
Speaker 5: Oh? Absolutely? I mean you think about bad access blogs. There's smart cameras and sensors and offices. There's even desk occupancy tracking. So employers are bringing it like we're planning out our space for security. But you know, the concern is there's constant visibility. You're constantly being monitored, and I do think that that has some serious repercussions on mental health and burnout. If people think, oh, I am constantly, you know, being watched for what I'm doing. I'm not sure that productivity is going to rise to meet that. In fact, I think that's just going to cause a problem.
Speaker 2: So if you go on a job interview at a company and this company has this surveillance equipment, I would think the company would have to tell the perspective employee, Look, this is what we do. This is a business practice we have. It's not that we don't trust you, it's just that we do this so we can keep tabs and what our employers are doing. But I think I think the company's got to be upfront about this, right.
Speaker 5: Oh sure, And if I was an employee, I would be asking, Hi, what data's collected, who is seeing that data? How long are you storing this data? How will it be used in evaluation? That's where the transparency is going to come in and that's going to build safety and it is absolutely incumbent upon an employers say here is what we're doing, and we want you to know how we're using it. So both of those things have to be true. And as an employee you should advocate for yourself and as an employer you need to communicate with your people. It all comes down to communication.
Speaker 2: So is who is seeing this? I mean, if a company puts this in, is it is it like you know, Montgomery burn sitting in the corner suite and he's got these monitors in front of him and he's looking for somebody that's not working well and go get this guy excellent Smithers. You know, Is it like that or is does it go to some sort of monitoring system and then the monitoring system alerts the company, Hey, this is what's going on with with weekly or monthly reports. How does it work well?
Speaker 5: I think large companies that the information is being aggregated, so every company is choosing how they use it. Where I'm seeing most of it is if there's flags that rise up. So again, like an AI tool is analy analyzing a pattern, so if it sees over ten days, then an employee might get flagged. I am not seeing the constant monitoring, like every twenty four hours someone is looking at this data. It's more in aggregate. But I'm also seeing how this is compiled even quarterly for employee evaluation and so that you know, I do think so there's there's that process. Silence feels like spying to me. I'll just be honest. So I am just saying, please ask what is happening. What are you using? What kind of things are you using when you monitor me and when you're evaluating my performance? I think that's what the sensitivity is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so too. I think you've got you've got a temper. And Suzanne Castle is our guest. She's the author of the Sparkle Effect. Ten powerful concepts to awaken your brilliance. Don't you have to have brilliance to awaken it? What about the poor soul that's out there that has no brilliance? Where's your book for that person? Come on, Susanne, I.
Speaker 5: Did write that. I wrote that for everybody. I think we all need a little more brilliance in our day and to be reminded that we are brilliant. I think every human is brilliant in their own way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this pretty much the wave of the future, because you know, the OG and me would say, like, if I had a company that did this, I'd run like hell from that company, But I might be running into the arms of another company that does the exact same thing. So I guess my question is it's here now. What is the percentage in your opinion, that are actually using this, the percentage of companies that are actually using this, and how prevalent do you think it will be. Let's just go five years out, let's go no farther than five years out. What do you think.
Speaker 5: I think already probably it's about eighty percent as companies are using them. So you know, I think what we're going to need to see within five years is you reference it earlier is guideline. We really need to understand that over regulations is definitely going to backfire here, so we need clear disclosure standards and consent rules that are going to protect both sides. But I do think within the next I would think eighteen months ninety percent, it's not one hundred percent, we'll have some kind of tool where they are making sure that the productivity that they're paying for is actually happening.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the bottom line is the bottom line, and that's what companies want. And the stressors that are on these individual offices I don't think are going to go away. You answer to somebody, you answer to shareholders, or you answer to a board, or you just answered to the guy that owns the place. But I think it just is the way of the world and the way it's going, not necessarily the world I want to live in, Suzanne, But nevertheless, you fight it, you probably lose. Suzanne, how do people get a hold of you? Because you sound like you know what's going on in life, and there's not enough people like that on the face of the earth. How do people get a hold of you?
Speaker 5: You're so kind. I'm just going to direct people to my webs website because there's goodies and all kinds of information there. So it's Suzannecastle dot com.
Speaker 2: I was not going to think about your phone number. I'm glad to see the website. Worry about that. Hey, listen, this was fun. Hopefully we can do it again. But for your time today, thank you.
Speaker 5: I would love it. Thank you. Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Bet easy way not to avoid getting caught goofing off don't coove off. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Now your host Ken Brew on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Welcome out, and we've got uc basketball. Bottom of the hour. You see against the number two Iowa State Hawkeye cyclones. Cyclones sometimes your brain parts and you're not sure exactly what happens. Anyway, that's at the bottom of the hour. Is the airtime. Game time is a two at the half. Now in Knoxville, Tennessee forty two Kentucky thirty one Tennessee of course, the number twenty four team in the country. We have NFL playoff action and it is I guess a double hitter today. First up is Buffalo Denver. That'll be out at Denver, Denver fourteen to three, Buffalo twelve and five. And then immediately after that it is the forty nine Ers at the Seahawks. We'll see what kind of condition Sam Darnold has any had an oblique strain this week in practice. And then tomorrow it's the Texans at New England. I think that could be the game of the weekend. And following that up will be the Rams and the Bears in Chicago and what ought to be a very chilly Chili night in Chicago. Yeah, the high for Monday in Chicago is nine. So that ought to tell you what the temperature should look like when they kick that game off Tomorrow night at five point thirty leading into Sunday night into Monday morning. Anyway, stay tuned for all of that. All of these games, of course, are in and of themselves unique and interesting, and to help us break it down and to see who's favored and why and where the smart money should be laid, we bring in the guy who is the betting genius at Pro footballfocus dot com. I've said this many times. Pro Football Focus the website for analytical football, and Mason Cameron is the guy who is so charged with breaking all of these games down, and he joins us now here on seven hundred W wel W Mason. How are you on this glorious day, Dan.
Speaker 6: I'm doing good.
Speaker 8: I'm ready for another great round of football. Wild card weekend with excellent and the divisional round is shaping up to be good.
Speaker 2: Let's just take it from the top. First out of the shoot, which is four point thirty this afternoon, you got Buffalo and Denver. Buffalo Denver, Denver at home giving one I think the interesting thing in this game is the total forty five and a half. I am so tempted by the over on this simply because I look at both of these offenses, and even though Buffalo doesn't have any wide receivers, I still have a feeling that it's going to go over forty five and a half.
Speaker 8: What about you, Yeah, I mean there's a lot of potential there. We've seen a lot of, you know, explosive plays from both of these offense. The Broncos are a team that's sort of a slow starter and a late riser, so they really have a potential to take an over on pretty much any gin that they're playing. A part of the big concern there is definitely with the Bills, uh, just given.
Speaker 6: That the Broncos play a ton of man.
Speaker 8: Coverage right now, the Bills just don't really have the bodies that wide receiver to separate against sticky man coverages. Josh Allen dealing with that injury, So you know, it is one of those things where it's a little ebb and flow. But when we look at some of the model and what we're looking at, our projection is slightly higher about forty six point two points about a fifty one percent cover probability, and you know, we are seeing a lot of money coming in on that side, so you know there is a great possibility.
Speaker 6: On that for sure.
Speaker 8: One of the things that I'm interested to see in this game and one of the sides that I'm actually leaning on the Bronco side of this one, as the line has moved towards them in this game. You know, hostile environment. This Broncos teams third best cover rate at home since the start of last season, so I'm really excited to see what they can do in this matchup.
Speaker 2: Okay, late game today, you got San Francisco at Seattle. It's about seven. It's about Seattle minus seven. Although late in the week Sam Donold went out. He has an oblique injury, but apparently he's going to play through it. No George Kittle for San Francisco. I'm looking at your analysis in this game. The Seattle defense obviously is pretty damn good. I think you would you would have admit to that. I'm looking at San Francisco. They're a little more ball control than they have been in the years past. That will be even more so here without Kittle. They're going to rely on McCaffrey. I think a lot in this game is I mean, when they're healthy, they're good. But I'm looking at Seattle, I'm not sure that they're healthy healthy in this game. What what do you how do you look at this? Because this is a tough one for me.
Speaker 8: So one of the things that I'm targeting for this game is the under and it actually continues to come down. So it's better to get in on that one now as opposed to later on. You know, as the game cut time comes up, here.
Speaker 2: What are we I'm seeing forty five and a half right now? What are you saying?
Speaker 8: So I we have forty five in some spots it started to tie forty six and a half. I mean with the news of Sam Darnold, I think that we're going to see some potential for it to come down a little bit further. But really, I think the big thing is if we look at the last two games in the regular season between these two teams, they only total forty six points in both of them.
Speaker 6: That last game.
Speaker 8: You never want to over index on a single game. But when we talk about that last game, it was thirteen to three. That's a playoff environment that was to decide the number one seed.
Speaker 6: So that's it's going to be a lot of the.
Speaker 8: Tempo in the aggression that we see in that game.
Speaker 6: Mike McDonald's defense.
Speaker 8: I mean put on an absolute clinic in that game, only four point one yards per play allowed. They limited San Francisco to the lowest epa per play mark.
Speaker 6: Of their season. And now you're talking about no George Kittle in this game.
Speaker 8: I think that's a huge loss for them as not only a pass catcher, but a run blocker. I mean, he brings life to that running game, So that's going to be a big loss for them. We see a lot of their metrics in running drop when he's off the field, so I think that the under is probably a stronger play. I mean it comes into this Seattle team also being a run heavy offense as well, so they can really compress the game there.
Speaker 2: It comes tomorrow's games. I think this could be the game of the day of the weekend. Texans Patriots. You point out something really interesting in this game. There's no wide resig receiver in ego. Collins is still in concussion protocol. It looks more and more like he's not going to answer the bell In this one, you point out Jaden Higgins, Texans wide receiver over three and a half receptions looks like a smart play. Has that held at three and a half receptions in light of what's happened with Collins this week? Or is that movie?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're seeing a good possibility that it's going to fluctuate as we get a little bit closer to game time. I'm still seeing it at three and a half in spots, and I think that we're going to get a value on that. I think the biggest thing is that you'll potentially see the odds on that move right now at that plus one twenty five, which we actually give a twenty four percent edge value to depending on where you're shopping. But really, I think one of the big things for that particularly is that Higgins has been excellent when over down the stretch seventy nine point one PFF receiving grade.
Speaker 6: He's a guy who can find the end zone.
Speaker 8: I actually like him at a touchdown at about plus three ten as well that you know, his receiving grade top six among ninety qualifiers over you know, the back half of the season without Nico Collins in there, I think we're going to see Higgins and both Xavier Hutchinson really get an opportunity to make some noise against the New England defense, who.
Speaker 6: Is fairly strong. I don't think they get quite enough.
Speaker 8: Credit for them having a great defense, But this is going to be a game where I think we're going to have to see the Texans pass quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like it's Patriots minus three at this point. Well, I look at that Texans defense. It's it's stellar in you know, twenty yards in But you can you can throw the ball on that secondary, can't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So that's something that we've actually seen from them is that they are among the best teams in the NFL at rallying to the football on short to intermediate throws at around ten yards, they give up one of the lowest yards per attempt numbers.
Speaker 6: In that situation.
Speaker 8: But something that we have seen is that when you throw balls twenty or more yards downfield, they get a little bit over aggressive to come down in rally and you can sort of beat them over the top. Now, with that being said, they're still a very strong defense, but there is an opportunity with this match up, specifically where New England is one of the best deep ball passing teams in the NFL. They're very high in explosive pass play percentage. They really get Chunkyard as well, Drake may I mean, he's been one of the most effective deep passers in the NFL this season. So that's an opportunity for this Patriots team to really separate themselves from a Texans defense that is very strong by all accounts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, if this game was in Houston, I would have absolutely no problem, absolutely no problem going with Houston. I don't know, man, there's something said for the Patriots and the way they're playing. It's Patriots minus three right now. I've seen it as high as three and a half. But I have a tough time going against New England in this game, even against the money line, I have a tough time going against them. What about you?
Speaker 8: I agree, I'm actually on the side of New England in this one.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 8: You know, we just got off we were doing our our show yesterday there.
Speaker 6: Doing theft betting show, and I know we had.
Speaker 8: A lot of sentiment there between me and our guy two to four gang with you know, the Patriots' ability to exploit that deep ball that's really fit perfectly for this I like them at minus three as well.
Speaker 2: Mason Cameron, Pro Footballfocused dot Com our guests. Of course, we're talking about these these four NFL games this weekend. Final game of the weekend is tomorrow, Rams Bears. Again. Looking at this, it's Rams minus three and a half. Here's the thing about the Rams, and you point this out. They get out to I mean, they can chug out to a lead, there's no question about it. But man, inside of four minutes, give me the Bears. The Bears simply know how to close out games. The question I have in this game is can the Bears keep it close enough to close it out. Obviously, week you know they allowed a huge chunk, a huge lead. They figured out a way to come back, Mason, There's only so many times a year a team can do that. I don't know. If the Bears get out to a huge lead in this game, my gut's telling me, I'm sorry, the Rams get out to a huge lead in this game. My gut is telling me it's going to be Rams handicap that aspect of the game for us, can you so?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So, what we have seen is that inscripted sequences.
Speaker 8: This Rams team is heading shoulders above any other team in the first three plays in terms of percentages that they're.
Speaker 6: Earning positive EPA.
Speaker 8: What we've seen though, is that this Bears team had a lot of public backing. The public has loved to see their late game comebacks, and that's put a number like three and the hook sort of influx there. The Bears are one of the most bet teams by the public this week, so it is an opportunity for them.
Speaker 6: I know our guy Ben.
Speaker 8: Lindsay, he's actually on an angle of the Rams to cover or minus two and a half early in the game in the first half and then Bears at the back end at plus three and a half, sort of playing into that potential narrative and that it's tend to one bet as well when we see Chicago, I mean, they've been electric in at the end of games, fourth quarter, overtime. They're top the NFL and EPA per play, So that is the situation that's worth watching.
Speaker 6: I think one of the big things here is weather.
Speaker 8: People are talking about the weather and the Bears running game, and that's why people.
Speaker 6: Are leaning that direction. But I want to also put up that this.
Speaker 8: Rams team is right up there with the Bears in terms of rushing success rate. And I think one of the things that is going under the radar is actually one of these teams can stop the run, and.
Speaker 6: That's the Rams.
Speaker 8: The Bears bottom of the league in yards before contact per attempt. I think that gives an opportunity for this running game. Guys like Hyan Williams, guys like lake Holm, they're going to have an opportunity to make a big game back.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to be a high of twenty three in Chicago on Sunday, but it's going to you know, this is the late game, so it's going to fall off precipitously and the high on Monday is only going to be nine. So that would tell you that overnight Sunday and the Monday probably starting at sundawn, it's going to be really really cold. So so okay, bring that home a little bit for us. You got a three and a half point spread in this the Rams are giving three to the Bears at home at this hour. What's your play in this game?
Speaker 8: You know here in the in the PFF offices, we were pretty split when we when we went over some of our bets for this game in particular, I'm actually going to be on the side of the Rams here. I think there's just so many metrics that actually go in their favor, and I think that the weather being a you know, key in this game isn't so much, you know, a factor because this Rams team, they aren't super weather dependent. We saw Stafford come in and he's played really well in some.
Speaker 6: Cold weather games as well.
Speaker 8: Actually, our model is giving just a slight edge in the imply cover probability for the Rams to cover that three and.
Speaker 6: A half at home.
Speaker 8: But you know, I do potentially see that side of where the Bears could come from.
Speaker 6: But I'm leaning on the Rams. There.
Speaker 2: You're leading on the Rams. Okay. You know what's the best part about all this, Mason. We get to watch these games, we talk all we want about them. It's what happens on the field, right and hell yeah, And I think that's what makes all of this intriguing. But you guys do a deep dive into this every single week during the season, and now here in the playoffs, it's so much more important. Again, Profootballfocus dot com. You can find it online PFF dot com and it is a great investment, and I was saying that because Mason's here with me. I'm just saying it is a great investment. Nobody breaks down football, Nobody goes play by play, player by player, game by game, line by line than Pro Footballfocus dot Com. You're working for a great outfit there, Mason. We appreciate your time. Stay well. We'll see how they play out, Okay, Dave Ken, Yeah you bet. I like Denver today. I think the line is meaningless. I think Buffalo doesn't have anybody to throw to, although James Cook is absolutely wonderful and can take over a game as a Mason just mentioned I'm going Seahawks tonight. I'm not buying the Darneld thing being a big, big factor. We'll see. As I said, that's why they play the games on seven hundred w l W