Speaker 1: Name is Chris Hucky. No meets us today, but Corey'll be here. And I believe max O and probably Zach So at a casto with thousands. We have initials major today with a lot. I guess in today, and I'm hoping Ben will actually step by. I miss Ben. It's been too long, so let's get things starting and see what happens. There's Jim gaffickin comedy on a Monday morning.
Speaker 2: Come on in.
Speaker 1: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: Do you ever find yourself being lazy for no reason at all? Like you pick up your mail, You go in your house, you realize you have a letter for a neighbor. You just look at the letter and go, mmm, looks like they're never getting this. Take too much energy to go back outside.
Speaker 2: You might like stick it on a bureau han, I get that to them later on.
Speaker 3: Right now, I gotta watch some Love Connections.
Speaker 2: I got some new host on there.
Speaker 3: Do you ever have one thing to do all day but you just can't.
Speaker 2: Get yourself to do it. I gotta go to the post office, but I'd probably have to put on pants. They're only open till five.
Speaker 3: You'm gonna have to do that next week, I have a little more free time.
Speaker 2: I never have free time. Yeah, I don't know about you.
Speaker 3: Whenever I go to the you ever go to the cash machine, there's two people in line in front of you get kind of flush. You're like, forget it. I'm not standing here for forty seconds.
Speaker 2: I got things to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, burning, no sweetfles?
Speaker 2: You having a stroke? Maybe it's stinton.
Speaker 5: Isn't burnt toast? The sun of a stroke? Does it smell like burnt toast?
Speaker 2: It doesn't know? It spells like a waffle? We wait.
Speaker 5: Sauce used to make waffles every day, but he's not here to day.
Speaker 1: Am I smelling the ghost of sauces waffles?
Speaker 2: The title of the podcast? I don't know if it's a dead waffle smell? Is it a blue waffle? Is sad? You should google it? I MAXO, Hey, Max, you smell waffles? I don't. That's so weird. Zach do you smell waffles? Nope?
Speaker 5: Weird?
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude, Are you all right? That probably not? Who knows what happened.
Speaker 5: That's that's a pretty optimistic way to look at the world. I would always like to smell waffle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 1: You know, I'd be sad if that was the smell like of a having a stroke, because I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Man, this is delicious. Yeah, terrible news.
Speaker 1: But I guess I do what I love, which is eating waffles.
Speaker 2: I do love eating waffles. Yeah, that's about as good as guess. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, a little butter in there, little butter and now sure butter, Sure, a little syrup.
Speaker 2: All the ingredients. Man, that's all I need. Butter and syrup. Yeah, that's enough. Powdered sugar too.
Speaker 5: Pornography once in a while, rechanging subjects are just adding.
Speaker 2: To the waffle ingredients.
Speaker 1: I was talking about my perfect morning.
Speaker 5: Uh, this morning will not feature Paul Meetz Os Lambert. He's in Geneva, Switzerland, there he was.
Speaker 2: Umm, he'll be back in a couple of days.
Speaker 5: Man, But we do have quarter final number eight of the Initials Invitational, Zachary Halverson versus Justin Guard versus Lower Goose. He'll be here at like seven thirty. The Goose, yep, the Goose will be here at like seven thirty. Barb will be We'll be here around eight or so, and Audrey Martin will be here about seven thirty as well, and yes, Ben will be here for about an hour.
Speaker 1: Good good, because I miss the Man's like, where's he Ben?
Speaker 5: He's been in Auburn dropping off his daughter and it looks like it's been emotional. Can't blame him, but I can't wait to ask him about the boys trip down there, the road trip down because I remember the the three fellas drove and the two ladies flew, which is a great metaphor for marriage.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys drive, we're flying probably first class, right, and they rented like a bug.
Speaker 2: There was no room the bug. Yeah, hartis probably oh man, gotta.
Speaker 5: Stopped Atoma on the way to Auburn to Joe gar geographical ody that.
Speaker 2: And hot box plunts.
Speaker 1: It probably maybe stopped at a strip clever two just to stay awake, right, support the locally.
Speaker 2: Ben's like, Dad's got to wake up. You kids stay here, you all wait in the car. Everybody'd be cool, crack the windows.
Speaker 6: Fine, that has happened that a kid in the parking lot of a strip club waiting for dad.
Speaker 2: To come back out, No doubt a lot, way too many times, especially in the iPad era.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, watch bubble guppies.
Speaker 2: You'd be fine, I'll be back in four hours.
Speaker 6: Do they put a sign on the window saying he's fine? The air conditionings on?
Speaker 5: Well, luckily it's mostly at night, right, so the son is not a huge factor, of course, So you just locked the doors and give him the old iPad.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Plus Dad's so much happier when he comes out. You know, it's a little different, but does smell funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, and he's glittered.
Speaker 1: Dad. Are we going home? Note? No runn into the ATM. We'll be right where you.
Speaker 2: Oh, never go atm. Never if you pay extra.
Speaker 5: Hey, banana ball took over the town man man, everybody went Craig, everybody went crazy for us.
Speaker 2: Good for that. I thought it was going to be kind of one of those like all right, they're here and then they're going on. Zach, I know you went, did Max? Do you go? Anybody else? Go the tickets? I mean it was a hard ticket to get, is that right? In a lottery like.
Speaker 1: Gerzy couldn't even get in and it's Gersey.
Speaker 2: No, Zach, were you there for iron Lotus catch? Yes? Oh the thing I've ever seen. I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: Dude, Wait, nuts, just google this because if you didn't see a second of banana ball, the Savannah bananas in town. This iron lotus catch is one of the most preposterous things in the history of sports.
Speaker 2: And I know it's it's not a Major League Baseball game, right.
Speaker 5: So, like they can afford to try to do crazy stuff because if he drops it, who cares. So the risk is zero, there's no downside, But my god, the upside is gigantic because everybody's saying.
Speaker 2: How is this possible? How did he do it? Well? Didn't they say? It was also the first time that it was done.
Speaker 7: This you're talking about the same the backflip one, I think on the announce on the play by play guy said that was the first time that one one was done.
Speaker 1: Specific man, I like that he has no sleeves on his shirt.
Speaker 5: He went for it, So I assume the iron lotus is a reference to Blades of Glory, same iron lotus.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, right, because that's that's what he does with the skates on. Yeah, yeah, that's important. I couldn't do that and not even try to catch a ball. I couldn't do that on a trampoline, on trampoline or mini tramp which is you know, little people.
Speaker 5: All Right, that's pretty cool. Did that place just go absolutely insane when he did that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, even the players were like the game kind of stopped for a few moments there because it was like everybody was just acknowledging, like, oh my gosh, did that actually happen? And the replays we're sick. And I mean that whole experience. I mean that it is the real deal. And I was a little skeptical going in. That's kind of why I wanted to go. And I found like they have their own ticket exchange. There's forty bucks at the end of the day to get in there. That's not bad, no, and so they have a ticket exchange, and so I just was refreshing throughout the day and one of them came up, and you know, I was just going to go solo. So that made it obviously easier as impossible to find a pair or more. But yeah, going in there, they what they do, they do it very very well. They do seem genuine It's definitely little corny, definitely a little cheesy here and there, but at the end of the day, it's it's a really, really fun couple hours of entertainment that you really can't get anywhere.
Speaker 2: Else, so start to finish. How long was it? I mean two and a half hours.
Speaker 6: Basically they say get there like the real show stuff starts at like six point thirty and then they have a two hour clock, and I guess it was a little bit longer because it went to showdowns, which I was tied. And the way they break ties and banana ball is that you have a pitcher, a fielder and a batter for the first round, so the batter can hit the ball into like center field, the pitcher or in the first round, the fielder has to run and get it before the batter gets home, which the first round either batter can return home. So the second round there was no fielder and so the pitcher has to run from the mound to like right setter field. The mother time he got there, the guy was already back and the game was over. So it was yeah, it was really Like I said, the whole weekend was awesome, and I just I got to see Saturday Night and that was one of the cooler baseball just sports experiences I've ever had.
Speaker 1: I have a million questions because I don't and I just I don't understand. So is uh are the Are the bananas like the Harlem Globe trotters?
Speaker 7: Yep, well they say of kind of. But aren't they playing The game is played in earnest Yeah, right.
Speaker 6: The game is played there trying to win. There's more than just the one team now that they play against, because I think they started with just the bananas and the party animals, but.
Speaker 2: Different rules and everything. Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for example, in the Twin Cities broke the all time Savannah banana records. Awesome, if a fan catches a foul ball, the batter's out and I believe the Twin Cities ten and that was the all time record.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ten ten on Saturday alone. I think I don't know, fourteen to fifteen plus over the weekend. But yeah, we broke the record. They acknowledged it after the game, and yeah, it's fun. Whenever the ball goes into the stands, you're rooting for the fan to make a clay catch.
Speaker 2: And we did it better than anybody apparently, so and so, like.
Speaker 1: You know what it would take all day free you explain it to me, but so never mind.
Speaker 2: But I just like.
Speaker 5: They have like old major leaguers jump in there, like Brian Joser played Trevor May, who was on our show back in the day a little bit Trevor May played, so you have like.
Speaker 7: Well, then sometimes I have celebrities sure up, like I think they are in New Orleans once and Drew Brees came out, John Cena came out before. So they just have random It's like all part of the bit, sure, But yes, in general, I think the Globe Trotters are still the best analogy because it is quote, entertainment first, baseball second. Regardless of hall Hart, they're actually trying, which sounds like they are trying. They're trying to win, they're trying to hit the ball. They're going to do well, but ultimately they're doing things like the Iron Lotus because it's entertainment first, baseball second.
Speaker 2: That's sick man.
Speaker 5: Thats you know what's crazy is the first couple of times that I saw it on TV, the replay, I'm like, I wanted him to slow it down even more because I'm like, I need to fully grasp what he's even trying to do. Because he does a flip, he eyes the ball, it's like a pop fly to what right left field?
Speaker 2: Oh, sorry left field, it was left field.
Speaker 5: And he does a flip and catches it mid flip, so he has to kind of backhand the ball so he eyes it and then just has to gamble. But he's just got a guess like, all right, it's going to be right about here. I'm just gonna have to flip and hope my glove snags it, and it does.
Speaker 2: It has to be timed perfectly.
Speaker 7: I wonder, Zach, did you see does that kind of thing happen, like attempts happen and then it fails in the middle of a game because he's had to have tried them a couple of times that it didn't work right.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I didn't they I think there was maybe one or two failed trick plays, But they don't. They usually they usually achieve them. I guess they'd usually get them done. And trick plays are a part of the game. They do count them, and then if the visiting team, which was the Bananas, if they have more trick plays at the end of the game than the home team, they get an extra point at the end.
Speaker 2: So it is there's a competitive Is there somebody that explains the rules?
Speaker 6: Yes, they at the beginning of every game. They've got Actually they explained it like three times before the game. They even have a QR code during the end that they put on the scoreboard to like it. You know, that'll like you can go to your phone and they'll explain. But they they actually I mean, like I said, it's actually pretty rare that they actually fail at the trick play. And that one was one of the first ones of the night, so it kind of ruined every other trick play after it, because every it was all cool, you know, caught one between your legs. Great, that had no comparison to the one we saw earlier, but still cool.
Speaker 2: Crazy, sounds like fun man, and they're making some money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah they are. Oh yeah, everybody wanted to go.
Speaker 2: It was madness down there.
Speaker 5: What the joke was that you, Sauce, I forget who did it? Somebody posted over the weekend like finally, uh an ownership group at target Field that doesn't get booed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jesse Cole Uh actually got cheered when he was announced out there.
Speaker 2: Uh yes, and uh.
Speaker 6: No he and it's weird because he I think, like he's a guy that Sauce would hate.
Speaker 2: Successful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he, like I said, he can be a little corny and he can be a little bit about him, but he's if you know the story where he I mean, this whole thing started with him cashing out every single savings dollar that he had, like they were living in a one bedroom studio apartment, sleeping on the floor to get this thing off the ground. And so he's he's earned it. But he's definitely he's a big part of the whole production too.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy about the whole thing? Who would have ever thought that this would happen? Like, I hear what you're saying, Like if a guy's got like a brand new flavor of pop Tart and he's like, son of a bitch, is gonna blow up. I'm sure of it because it's just so delicious. Everybody just has a big oh every time they eat it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Who would have said I have an idea to make baseball cool?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 7: That in itself is amazing big, you know, like not like the hun Glowtotters are still around, but like are they? You know, like the Savannah Bananas are selling out these stadiums. It's it's unbelievable, man.
Speaker 5: And what's cool is obviously the Saint Paul Saints for years and years and years have been this awesome little niche thing here in the Twin Cities where everybody knows if they put family first, fun first, entertainment first. So it makes sense that a cool name like Savannah, bananas, cool jerseys, cool logo, you could do a minor league thing and just dominate Savannah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just sell out Savannah.
Speaker 5: But who would have thought they could go on tour and anybody would care and.
Speaker 7: Have a whole mini league exactly. There's what four teams that go Yeah, I think actually has a four six one of the two.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's you know, back to back to back, three straight days, sold out target field they played College Station earlier this year, one hundred thousand plus. I mean they wherever they go, they have no problems selling tickets. And I was thinking the same thing Hawk like looking around at a sold out target field for you know this, like how like where are these people coming from? And it's just it's a mixture of you got the kids obviously, who love it.
Speaker 5: You got the moms who go on really love it. Yeah, you got one of the moms really love it.
Speaker 2: I mean that's just the players are hot.
Speaker 6: I mean most more often than that, the player is very attractive, and so you get I definitely there was my community members there, and then and then you have the dads who are just kind of being Yes, any of the dads are just kind of being dragged along, and.
Speaker 2: They were white people there. Are you kidding? Man in Minneapolis? Could have happened the weekend. It's not even close to safe. Get out of there. Second, real chances now letting white folk in. Did we guess your community right?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: You got one of them? Okay. Speaking of Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 1: By the way, we want to make did you guys know that tomorrow's the day they play at the Field of Dreams.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, comes face the Saint Paul Saints at the Field of Dreams Ballpark tomorrow. So, uh, Saint Paul Saints Field of Dreams.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. I wonder how far we are from there? Have you been there? I can't remember, somebody, Zach, you've been there? No, that far we are from that? I can look it up. But uh, I have time. I have time. I got time, I got things to do.
Speaker 2: It looks like four hours too far. Yeah, it's too far.
Speaker 1: I'd love to go.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to see in Iowa. It is a no things stake.
Speaker 1: It is Nebraska is similar. Yeah, Nebraska's the longest state of all time.
Speaker 2: All right, honest question.
Speaker 5: What what does Iowa claim in terms of tourism?
Speaker 2: Like do they do they have a tourism department.
Speaker 5: And they're like, look, it's not even worth it, Like we know nobody's coming here unless they have family.
Speaker 1: Can I be uh kind of a I'm abrasive. Sure, I've seen the sign. There's one city, I think it's called Janesville has a sign as soon as you come into town, says biggest bitch in America. Left, turn up ahead, thirty feet ahead.
Speaker 2: And it's got her photo or not.
Speaker 5: No, she's standing there in terms of bad attitude or size, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh you never eaten't take a let see.
Speaker 1: I'm just yeah.
Speaker 5: But if her name is jane In the town's named after her because she's the size of the town.
Speaker 2: World's biggest bitch. Just ahead, leave it again?
Speaker 5: Like what I but again back to the success of the Savannah Bananas. If I'm in Scott's Dalely, Arizona, am I coming all the way to Janesville?
Speaker 2: Io?
Speaker 5: Would have seen the world's biggest bitch. I don't think so. Every time I'm staying in Scott's.
Speaker 1: Come on, no way have they seen you?
Speaker 5: And you know, just like how Zach loves Disney, you know, there's somebody that makes a yearly trip to see the world's Biggest bitch.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, how many years in a rows is fun Port?
Speaker 1: Mike Myers, Mark's got to go by there for Guinness Book of World Records.
Speaker 5: And guys are telling their wives guys weekend in Janesville, and they're.
Speaker 2: Just like in you know, Memphis, cheating on their wives.
Speaker 5: But they claim they're going to meet the world's biggest bitch in Jamesville.
Speaker 2: We got the world's biggest bitch at home. That's why.
Speaker 5: Man Gutter Helmet, Gutter Helmet mn dot com. If Sauce was here, we'd say, uh, I never worry about your gutters again. Go to gutter Helmet yep, all right, all right, Bennett seven and then the studio fills up around seven thirty or so.
Speaker 2: Zach, who's eight fifteen?
Speaker 5: Zach Elberson justin guard I'm lua goose from caroleven investigative reporter.
Speaker 1: He's the adult.
Speaker 5: He is the adult goose. He's the full on goose. And then Li'll be and Audra Martine.
Speaker 1: I had a joke there, but I don't want to get smacked as soon as somebody walks the door, right, I was gonna make a comment by Jamesville.
Speaker 2: Place is empty today. I haven't seen anything. Oh you're catching hello a goose.
Speaker 5: Remember remember the the ladies won the first three quarter finals and now it's been four straight dudes after rick Fields dominated on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll see if a couple of ladies.
Speaker 5: Time to break that streak today or yep, well we'll see uh more the Power Trip morning too. After this on the fan.
Speaker 6: Joined the Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday Bash or Treasure Island of number fifth and sixth Thursday nights Comedy Joe. It's reached capacity with the wait list is still open and on Friday morning, no registration needed. Live broadcast and a Vegas trip in November with the show up for grabs. Details at kfegn dot com, slash two five.
Speaker 2: Hizac.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, welcome to the part Ship Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Here we are all.
Speaker 5: Right, I can ask you a question and it's gonna be it's gonna turn negative.
Speaker 2: But I just want to know.
Speaker 5: Did you watch the first episode of Ted Lasso season four?
Speaker 2: I did? Yes, Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Am I the only one that thought it was an absolute waste of time? Yeah? Yeah I was.
Speaker 5: I thought it was all equity, Like if that was a debut, you'd be like, this show is going nowhere right like they've played on all of the old hits.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I'm nervous about the rest of the season because oh man, that was a weird start. Well, it just felt like it immediately felt unnecessary, and I think a lot of people ask in general, like why is this show even coming back?
Speaker 2: Everybody loved it.
Speaker 5: They nailed it, like yeah, you know, short run, but still they won a bunch of awards universally love Let's move on, So already you're going, oh, is there a reason this show's even back at all? And then I was about halfway through that forty ish minute episode, going boy, I don't know if there's a reason this is back, And I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 2: It gets better. I'm not going to completely give up on it because I did like Ted last but very much. That first episode was rough.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need new characters quickly, because I really quickly anything about those characters, and I love them, don't get me wrong. But I know that the big lady is is dating hey, right, I know a little lady is likes pretty things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know Ted is is.
Speaker 1: Ted's all torn up about his you know, everything in his life. I get all that.
Speaker 2: I know the one guy likes jazz.
Speaker 5: All stuff from the first three seasons and their works kind of all completed, right yea and completed.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, so it's like, oh.
Speaker 5: Boy, all right, so again, best of luck to the rest of the season because I'm not giving them, but I'm not giving up either.
Speaker 2: But man, that was It wasn't and I'm not even saying it was bad. It was just enough. The additional it was just, oh this again, I felt the exact same way I was.
Speaker 1: I was happy the way it ended with the you know, the phone and all that jazz.
Speaker 2: Right, that was fine. That made me. That gave me a little bit of the feels up to then. I was like, okay, yeah, I'm with you. That's I don't disagree all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was If that was the first episode of the first season, I don't think anyone would watch episode two, it would just be like, this is nothing.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 5: It was all based on the equity from the first handful of seasons.
Speaker 2: That's the luck.
Speaker 6: It felt like a way for Jason today just to show off Kansas City a bit too.
Speaker 2: I hope, you little Montage, hope he fights that other soccer coach.
Speaker 1: I hope like they have a like a like there's a road rage incident in a stabbing that.
Speaker 2: Could have been a great addition to the episode.
Speaker 1: And I think that it has to result before it leaves and he has to leave the country, to go back to London, to get away from the fuzz.
Speaker 5: In the history, in the history of youth soccer, because anybody scored an awesome some goal and then made a somewhat risky pass and immediately been benched.
Speaker 2: He didn't get benched because he was talking back to a ref or pushing another player. He made a slightly.
Speaker 5: Risky pass and the coach is like, so get out of here, and I'm like, that is not a reason to bench a kid. He just scored a goal fifteen seconds before that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying, man.
Speaker 2: I would that coach sucks.
Speaker 1: He's terrible.
Speaker 2: Is the anti Lasso coach? Yeah, that's what I'm saying. That was going for a shank. I'm open for.
Speaker 1: I'm open that he gets hired by a different ladies soccer team. And did they have to fight to the death?
Speaker 5: Are they from Jamesville, Iowa? It might be another speaking of huge bitches? Did you watch the season finale of House of the Dragon on HBO?
Speaker 1: So yet I'm waiting. I'm looking to get to it. You guys aren't watching, No, no, no. I did a gig or something I normally would have, but I had to an unexpected trip to window last night.
Speaker 2: So I did not get to you. Gotcha? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 5: I mean it was a full on our plus epic film, right it was. It was Lord of the rings Asque, you know, Giant Town Battle had a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: And I'd assume there's more coming, right, Well.
Speaker 5: I think there's one more season, Okay, I believe, so it'll probably what is this twenty twenty six? So I believe House of the Dragon Season four is supposed to be out right before GTA seven.
Speaker 2: Twenty forty something like twenty forty.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I wouldn't be surprised that, Like, and I haven't seen the episode yet, but the way this season has gone, if every character that I've that has been introduced this season died last night, I wouldn't be surprised. Like, and they had to start next season with a whole new cast of characters, I'd.
Speaker 5: Be like an a whole soccer coach that benches Ted Lasso's kid immediately.
Speaker 1: That's right, And then the dragon Fuzz.
Speaker 5: Running from the dragon Fuzz and the dad gets extradited, right right.
Speaker 1: Cousin well, yeah, yeah, there has to be some cousin banging.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's I am a lot of incests still, Yeah, never stops in the mind of George R. R. Martin, which I have a lot of questions about that. All right, if you write about that a lot in your stories. Sure, I bet his therapist knows a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's not like he says, well, you know, I'm trying to be historically accurately.
Speaker 2: Right, He's just doing it because he thinks it's interesting.
Speaker 1: It's a great point. Why in the hell do you throw that in a lot about before? What if his like, I don't know any about George, are all Martin? What if his mom's like Jane Mansfield and now we're like, oh, I get it. What if his stepsisters like, you know, Aubrey Plaza. I don't know why I came to the but the news. Yeah, what if his stepdad's like Justin Thurreau. You're like, I get it.
Speaker 2: Jeorge R. R. George R. Binks Freud is somewhere in the afterlife, like.
Speaker 6: See see the Martin family must have had some awkward.
Speaker 2: Christmas family reunion.
Speaker 1: Guy, I can show you some films that are very similar. Man, Yeah, that is so weird. He invented the universe. Why what if, like Marvel's universe, like took a left turn and suddenly.
Speaker 2: See at least you have so many comic books, so many character creators.
Speaker 5: Right, you could point the finger and be like, well, and it's Avengure's Infinity War. There's like fifteen of us that wrote this. I don't remember who threw in the incest. When it's George R. R. Martin's that's your your universe, buddy, that's it's all.
Speaker 8: You have to do this.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to do this.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a great point man.
Speaker 2: We shall talked to them, because anybody ever asked? So the main characters in love with her uncle? Yeah, what's wrong? Who came up with that? It's just me? I mean, it's just me. Stay away from Jane, Peter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, George our arm Marten.
Speaker 1: You gotta what does he say? Lots of responsibility comes with boners?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. Yeah, I don't know. Let me let me google this quickly. While you guys are laughing about insects.
Speaker 7: Uncle Ben's quote, Oh, compare the rice guy. You don't look like Peter Parker at all.
Speaker 5: House of the Dragon season four is slated to release, whatever that means, in twenty twenty eight. Scheduled to begin filming in early twenty twenty seven. Then, so we're two years away.
Speaker 1: God, it's suck to not be with us then, because I want to know what happened.
Speaker 2: But hen, here's the good part.
Speaker 5: But A Night of the Seven Kingdom season two is supposed to be out next year, so we'll at least have a Ohones show every year.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed that more than than the Dragons game.
Speaker 2: It was really good.
Speaker 5: Nine of the Seven Kingdoms was very, very good, and it got better almost episode by episode.
Speaker 1: The seven on seven fights unbelievable, unbelievably good. Did you watch that, Zacho? Max? Do you guys want?
Speaker 5: I totally missed that one. It's worth it, and it's a quick watch. It's what six episodes. I think it's really good.
Speaker 1: So I don't think i've ever You've know you're not a big Dragons guy, right.
Speaker 2: I just it's such a big commitment.
Speaker 1: So this one you will like way more if you watch Not Not Dragons, the other.
Speaker 2: One, nine of the Seven Kingdoms.
Speaker 1: You would love that one. You love the main character, you love the kid. You would love that one.
Speaker 5: And you only have to know a little bit about Thrones. But I would argue you don't have to know any is.
Speaker 7: This this is before the House of the Dragon, in between House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones?
Speaker 5: Like where is that's right? Isn't it's between? I'm almost sure it's between. So it's just not going to like spoil anything from the.
Speaker 2: House of the Dragon.
Speaker 1: I think anybody has sex with the sister or something, I.
Speaker 2: Mean a spoiler, Yeah, I know, we.
Speaker 5: Anyway, that's that's never good, right, Like, hey, Zach, if you think Thrones is too much of a commitment or you don't want to watch House of the Dragon. Nine of the Seven Kingdoms has no incest. Well that's a horse of a different color.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Front Page Sports is next, by the way, now, I'm gonna get emos going. Oh yes it does. Don't forget episode three and I'm like, you're right, you're right. Sorry for good, I haven't seen it months. Sorry sorry. Uh.
Speaker 5: Front Paid Sports is next, Power Trip Morning show.
Speaker 2: On the pit from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance.
Speaker 2: Only pay for what.
Speaker 6: I have eighty five today and teachers make a difference each and every day. Now is your chance to say thanks. I'm in an outstanding public school teacher. Raha Radios think of teacher powered by donors juice. They can receive five thousand dollars for classroom supplies and resources. Nominate now, Nominated now at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, let's do it have to get back to school. Hey, Corey.
Speaker 1: Everybody on SmartLess, which I don't listen to as much I used to, but they're all real close to Justin Throw the actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all friends.
Speaker 1: With ye Yeah, his acting credits in an Empire, mullahelland Drive American Psycho. Do you remember him being an Americani?
Speaker 2: I know me neither.
Speaker 1: I've been to I've only seen that a couple of times, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't say I've seen it multiple times.
Speaker 5: But it's also been probably twenty years since I've seen it, so I don't remember him. Might not have no, Yeah, yet, I didn't know who he was when that movie came out, so my eyes weren't and I'm like, hey, this's just and throw didn't know. Well, you know, like you've complained about this, and leabers complain about this, how the SmartLess guys talk over themselves and whatever and talk over guests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's never bothered me.
Speaker 5: However, it finally did a couple of weeks ago. Do you know who Professor Brian Cox is. He's fantass, right, Yeah, talks about astrophysics and just whatever, just unbelievable stuff that like you have a hard time wrapping your mind around. But he goes viral all the time on social media because he finds a really easy way to kind of describe it to the rest of us.
Speaker 2: So that interview on SmartLess for.
Speaker 5: Me was pretty rough because he's trying to explain things that are really hard to explain. And they kept being like, but what if Bigfoot's ghost walks in?
Speaker 2: And they were serious right like some of their questions.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Wow, this is the minor leagues in the major leagues simultaneously. This would be like, you know, sos going, but what if there's a wizard in your room? You're like, we're wasting everybody's time here. I love that dude. Brian Cox is a super fascinating guy.
Speaker 2: And you know he's on tour. Yeah, really has he been here? Let me look this up.
Speaker 5: I would go see that dude for sure.
Speaker 2: You know what I like about him. He looks like he should be. That's smart. Yep, you know what. He's going to be here in February. No kidding, we're twenty fifth at the State Theater.
Speaker 5: Oo.
Speaker 2: My guess is it's sold out.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: In conversation with Brian Cox, it's loading. I'd go sea Cocks.
Speaker 6: Oh, there's plenty of seats available for Professor Cox ticket.
Speaker 2: How much would you pay to sea Cocks? Well, Zach, how much is it? I'll tell you if I'm willing to pay.
Speaker 6: Well, the cheapest are sixty three dollars. But if you want to get closer to Cox, you got to go to the one hundred fifty dollars range.
Speaker 2: Can I scalp some Cox tickets? You don't want to be too close because you don't want Cox spraying on you.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, where the line is?
Speaker 2: This is in Sea World. That chair, he doesn't know where the line is.
Speaker 5: But it's not sold out. No, okay, all right, I think I'm going to get tickets.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's got blue dot Pefe. Max brought up a lot of seats that chair.
Speaker 7: People in that chair love bring up ticket sales.
Speaker 2: No, I should go. That would be Cool'd be cool.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: He's an interesting dude. I'd go see cocks with you. Cork Well, people thought we did that in July and Vegas. Oh, they just happened to be there. Let's put a whole group of us together, all right, Zach, I'll take one for the team. I'm gonna ask Bennett seven if he's willing to come with anyway. No, that if you. But if you find that guy in Tommy, just text it.
Speaker 7: By the way, he said he's having a Cox pre party.
Speaker 5: He texted me too, he said, I bought tickets that same day, but it's not at the State Theater.
Speaker 2: Was I talking about?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Anyway, find that guy in any other podcast and he'll blow your mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen him a few times.
Speaker 5: Great, every different theory about whether it's simulations or black holes or just everything. When it comes to physics that you just can't wrap your head, like the size of the universe. He can find a way to explain it in a way that you won't understand, but you'll be like, at least I can touch the the edge of understanding what you're saying, like I kind of get it, Like I believe there wasn't there a book, isn't a Brief History of Time?
Speaker 2: The Stephen Hawking Book, isn't the isn't the rap on that one? That it is? I'm mostly accessible or it's not well for I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I I it was one of those books where you listen for like and you have to stop in a moment and go like, Okay, hold on, what did he just say?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And again, yeah, everybody else says it, you know, he finally wrote, some people can understand. I'm like, well, obviously, obviously I can't.
Speaker 7: All right, He's a problem with some of those like science themed ones, is that even if you we're all well read people and whatnot, but sometimes the language is just so steep that you're like, I know.
Speaker 1: And it's just a concept.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wrap my hat around.
Speaker 5: Well, that's why this guy's great, though he does make it pretty accessible.
Speaker 1: I wish I could find man. I listened to a podcast with a strange Oh here, okay, it's called Dead Talks. Is the podcast. But the reason I bring it up is because so it as that's suppressing.
Speaker 2: Why you bring it up?
Speaker 1: I know we got do sports, but I want to remember to tell you guys about this. This lady named Barbara Butcher, believe it or not, is a death investigator from New York City, and she wrote a book something like The Dead Do Talk or something like that.
Speaker 2: As the name of book. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: She came up in my algorithm, and so I listened to this podcast she's on, called Dead Talks. And the guy who hosts the podcast his dad died in nine to eleven, so his whole life he's been obsessed with learning about death and everything. Every episode of this podcast is about a different aspect of dying.
Speaker 2: Is there an afterlife? Stuff like that?
Speaker 1: Right, But this woman has been a death investigator in New York City for fifty years and she just wrote a book. The stories she told man, not just about nine to eleven, but about the things she's seen and the things and the way and oh my gosh, man, I could barely sleep last night because I'm a fifty five year old man. But when things went bumping the night last night, I freaked out a little bit. And I don't have those nights anymore, you know what I mean. I gotta tell you. But fascinating stuff, she said. And I'm sorry this is so gruesome, and I apologize, But it's also the facts. She's one of the people who went through the debris at nine eleven. There were a bunch of okay, and tried to identify bodies, right, the numbers she came up with, about how many didn't get identified, and the things she found. But they found a jaw bone inside a chest caddy. And she said she likes to believe that two people were holding each other when the towers fell, embracing each other. I mean things like that, right, Like I don't know how an individual, but thank god there are people like this woman who do this job.
Speaker 2: How do you do that job?
Speaker 1: How do you go home tonight? And she addresses that in the podcast.
Speaker 5: By the way, you gotta have a therapist, right, we always talk about most therapists have therapists because you have to tell somebody you can't bring it home, right, Otherwise, how do you ever have fun? You have to you got it, but you also have to get it out. You got to talk to somebody about it's our therapist. Have therapists. My guess is this gale has a therapist as well. You got to share that with somebody.
Speaker 1: Man, Wow, fascinating stuff it is, it's it is. It's bothersome, but it's truly fascinating.
Speaker 5: Takes all right, let's do a quick sports thing that we'll do what really matters when we come back as well.
Speaker 6: Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 2: All right, Holiday Station Stores. I got a long drive today, which means I gotta stop at Holiday Are we going uh, well, not super super far. Are you going going down to Ti?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Well kind of, I'm going to TI for a little bits of stuff down at TI.
Speaker 2: But I gotta stop.
Speaker 5: It's holiday first, right, I think I have like forty miles a gas left, so I gotta stop at holiday. I'm gonna get some gas, get some mountain dew as well. Four for eight, so it gets a mountain dew, some gas. Maybe you get a donut or whatnot at holiday?
Speaker 2: Thanks holiday, holiday right before hastings on your left?
Speaker 5: Right there exactly that overwhelmingly where I'm gonna have to stop. But uh no, actually I can't. I can't get there on forty Oh you can siver go nothing necessarily that.
Speaker 2: Is that would be cutting it close if.
Speaker 1: That's accurate or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 5: Seinfeld episode where they just kept going. Kramer just kept going.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh, let's see here. I don't want to lead with that.
Speaker 6: Don't care about By the way, really quick, Brian Cox married a woman from Duluth and they are still happily married twenty plus years later.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Actually got married in Duluth? So does he want to come on the show. I will reach out to his people. You should. How awesome would that be to have Sauce lead that interview too?
Speaker 1: Can I ask you some questions about what his wife's name.
Speaker 6: Is it's not a need well, she took her she took his name, but her name is still Gia Milinovitch.
Speaker 2: But she did take his name. Get away.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'm just I'm just imagining Sauce asking him questions.
Speaker 2: Do you remember just what? Two weeks ago?
Speaker 5: I asked Sauce how many What did I ask him? How many stars are in the Milky Way?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: And the right answer is something like three hundred billion? And he guessed three? And like I mentioned to him when he guessed, I go guessing one, even though it's technically more wrong, is a way better guess than three. Three is somehow worse. So I could be like a professor Cox's meat, Sauce, he believes there's three stars in the milky Way, all the flora is yours.
Speaker 2: Max be like, that's my guy. He's gonna nail this question. I promise you.
Speaker 1: What if if Sauce's questions are responsible for the aneurysm that takes out one of the greatest minds.
Speaker 7: Right, his head explodes, fran Cox is gonna be calculated gravity on the way down.
Speaker 2: Brian, my friend hot ass Randy's got a question for you.
Speaker 5: He believes gravity's gonna stop for seven seconds?
Speaker 1: Is he wrong?
Speaker 2: Did we really use land on the moon?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, we're obsessed with Paul. We are hard not.
Speaker 5: To be all right, this is this is far, far, far from the top story, especially with with you know, the Links doing what they're doing and the Twins and whatnot and Vikings preseason is Saturday. Far from the top story. But let's start with trivia, shall we. I don't uh, I don't know anything about this guy. I didn't know this guy existed until yesterday. Jacob Wilson apparently plays for the eventual Vegas A's. He plays for the A's and I guess he's a shortstop?
Speaker 2: Oh you did? Okay?
Speaker 5: See, I love the honesty. He's twenty four years old. Zach and Chris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he broke the.
Speaker 5: All time Major League Baseball record for consecutive.
Speaker 2: Errorless games at shortstop.
Speaker 5: So the most games in a row at shortstop, which gets a lot of action without an error.
Speaker 2: How many.
Speaker 5: Consecutive games did he go without an error at shortstop?
Speaker 6: They play one hundred and sixty two. It's got to happen every probably went on every like four games. I'd say, like maybe but the record would probably be like double that, so we'll go like eighty four.
Speaker 1: This is not a bad guess ninety eight.
Speaker 5: I don't hate your logic, right, Going a full season would be extremely difficult to go errorless. If you go one sixty two without once booting it or making a mistake, your guesses are fine. One hundred and eleven is the right answer. What bad guess is unbelievable. The record was one ten, set by a Baltimore oriole in two thousand and two, So one eleven.
Speaker 2: Pretty crazy. That's absolutely insane.
Speaker 5: I wonder what the all time record for any position is, like position player, not a pitcher, Just because my guess is, uh, shortstop. I wonder if shortstops the longest. No, it would be the shortest. It would be the opposite way, right, because it's it's one that gets a ton of action.
Speaker 2: Maybe the outfield.
Speaker 7: Would be the it, says Robbie Grossman, holds the all time outfield record.
Speaker 2: With four hundred forty consecutives.
Speaker 5: Outfield should be the should be the easiest, right because you get the least amount of action.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, so infield would be the shortest. So anytime you set a record in baseball. It's exactly insane. Man. They've been playing it since.
Speaker 5: This Vikings preseason Game number one is Saturday against the Giants in New Jersey, right here on the fan at noon if you care, and I do. Hell yeah, the Vikings are three point favorites on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Let's go ZACHXO gets his first Viking strip this weekend. Oh yeah, going in New York slash New Jersey, New York City.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Man. Have you been to New York never? Oh?
Speaker 5: Never.
Speaker 6: It's in the city I most wanted to visit for twenty something years.
Speaker 1: So well, I'm sorry that it's an early game, right yeah, So.
Speaker 2: At least I'll get to see it with my own eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll be across the river from it, and you could literally you could take an uber and be there and back in an hour and a half if you go there Saturday night.
Speaker 5: And you're flying in during the day on Friday, right yeah, right, So flying into New York City during the day where you can see the entire city, that's a thing. That's an experience where you kind of you kind of can't believe how many buildings you can see and how long. It lasts pretty cool. It feels like.
Speaker 7: The movies when you first get there, like instantly. Some cities you go to and you just it's like, eh, okay. But New York you're like, wow, you've seen it so many times on a screen or wherever in a book, and it lives up to the hype instantly, like you feel like you're in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I had that similar feeling when I went to like Vegas after watching Ocean's eleven.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, that's that's from the movie. That's the movie.
Speaker 6: But I can can't imagine New York with every movie, every TV show ever.
Speaker 2: Just seeing the statuelebrity, I think it'll be cool too.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you can barely see it, but yeah, yeah, but it's still cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah you will if you walk to the end of that pier I was telling you about from the hotel, you'll be able to see it across the water.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty cool man. Yeah, so enjoy that. Enjoy it's it's fun. It's a and a huge stadium, huge stadium, and you're gonna be shocked.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's in the middle of nowhere. You go away from New York City out into the meadow lands and you're like, holy crap, this is where the stadium for the Giants and the Jets. It's not even anywhere near New York.
Speaker 6: It's crazy that there is a middle of nowhere in that area. But yeah, they found it.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: So you go, all right, let's do what really matters. When the Power Trip Mona show returns. Ben Lieber will be here in like thirty five minutes. Uh, lou Ragoose, Justin Gard will be and Audrey Martin later as well because they're scoring off Agains Zach at eight fifteen and what are we had one hundred and twenty one thousand, five hundred still right. That was the number on Friday, So that number of carries over to today goes up on Friday, one hundred and twenty one thousand, five hundred dollars potentially up for grabs at the same Paul Federal Credit Union initials, Jack Bob more The Power Trip after this on the fana.
Speaker 2: Our iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capitol Line.
Speaker 9: Hey, welcome back, Patrick Morning Show, Home of Minnesota Viking.
Speaker 2: Football, and much much more.
Speaker 1: It's all happening to the Sunday night practice down there, lots of uh, lots of people are be excited about, man, especially some of these cass listening to our boy Ben and our boy Cy on their podcast, which is called Two Dudes with Huge Wieners.
Speaker 2: I know they were work shopping the name that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one they went with, and I bought a T shirt which is very graphic by the way, their logos graphic as hell.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say it, I'm surprised they got away with that, but iHeartRadio, you know, I'm guaranteed human absolutely.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Benzo was saying, uh, because people are going crazy for Tye Felton. He's like, Okay, everybody be cool, Calm down, everybody, but but it is great to see, right, everybody's going crazy for Chuck D.
Speaker 2: It's mellow Chuck D here, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: And Ben didn't temper that as much as he tempered the ty Felton stuff. But it's it's fun. And here's the fullback. Help me out, Bredston. Everybody going crazy for Bretison by bye, let's go. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Can you tell?
Speaker 5: Well, look, it goes both ways, right, I mean, uh, you know, it's obviously better to hear that the rookies look like they know what they're doing as opposed to the opposite, Right, because when we heard Lewis Seene was struggling to understand the playbook, it ended up being correct, right, like, and I know he got hurt, but it was like, oh boy, it's never good when you hear bad stories right out of camp, especially out of a first rounder. Yeah, but camp success doesn't necessarily translate to on field success. But if it's going to be hey, do you want to hear that all the rookies are struggling and they don't know what they're doing and they're overwhelmed or they're off to great starts, Well, obviously this is a better path. But let's slow our rule. No, ty Felton's not a rookie. He's just really young and hasn't done much. Let's let's let's see if he's trending.
Speaker 2: In the right way. That'd be great a third round receiver. He should be good. He should be good.
Speaker 1: He should be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see. All right, let's do what really matters.
Speaker 5: Scores and stats around the world of sports and NBA between Chris will change your life with something else. Your life's going to be better. Brought you by Oval Lasik and Lembs, doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David White, and go get Lasik from oval i dot com.
Speaker 1: I went to U to my entdia. Then you know Quid and she shoved that thing down my nose and the same building as Oval.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, right off the three ninety four. Get my entire head fixed. You have to stay there.
Speaker 1: This tear and fix everything to live there. Let's go take a look at my ears while you're at it.
Speaker 2: Yep. If you live there, you could walk to work.
Speaker 1: That would be cool.
Speaker 5: The Minnesota Links won one oh three to ninety over the Dallas Wings. But the headline is that Kayla McBride hit a w NBA record ten three pointers and scored a career high forty three a Links at a franchise record by hitting eighteen threes.
Speaker 2: They're twenty seven and seven. I did that in high school, hit eighteen threes. I didn't know you just graduated last year. What really matters, though.
Speaker 1: Is this Apparently according to our buddy check check Chuck at poutri Bets.
Speaker 2: You know him right, Yep. The lady I'm talking about Barbara.
Speaker 1: Butcher, who, again I can't believe she's a homicide investor, is part of the Homicide New York series on Netflix, which he says is outstanding. And he said he just watched the nine to eleven episode where all the detectives tell their stories and she's a part of that and they talk about going through the debris. So I've not seen Homicide New York on Netflix. We're not talking about the iced T show, obviously. We're talking about not homicide, life on the Streets or whatever. It's not like, oh no, so this is like a documentary apparently, so I don't know, but yeah, apparently it's good apparently, so so thank you, Chuck.
Speaker 2: All Right.
Speaker 5: Don Nelson dead at the age of eighty six, the second winningness coach in NBA history thirty one seasons as an NBA head coach between the Bucks, Warriors, Nicks, and MAVs.
Speaker 2: When he retired, he of the most wins ever, but Popovich.
Speaker 5: P him in twenty twenty two eighteen eighteen playoff appearances. He won five titles as a player with Boston but never won as an NBA head coach, but he was three times NBA Coach of the Year in eighty three, eighty.
Speaker 2: Five, and ninety two. Only if she's five to three. This may be wildly.
Speaker 1: Just small minded, but that guy's face is maybe the most familiar face of a human being I've ever seen that.
Speaker 2: I had no idea what his name was.
Speaker 7: Sure, I feel that I just googled him and I instantly was like, Oh, this guy, Oh that guy.
Speaker 5: And also, when you think of a coach in twenty twenty six, I think like Mark Dagnolt or something from like Oklahoma City. They are like tiny and slim, and they're all wearing you know, sweatpants and like hoodies and stuff. They look like they're kind of nerdy. They look like they're a trainer, right, not a coach. Don Nelson was in the era of you had to wear a suit. He was a gigantic man because he played in the NBA. And he also had one of those that I'm not trying to say this even in a mean way.
Speaker 2: He had like a fat face.
Speaker 5: It was like a wide, cartoonish meat sauce size head. And he did have resting bitch face. Right, he had one of those faces. It's like, I'm the coach I'm going to kill you now. Everybody else, like Derk Novisky is saying, like, man, don Nelson had all of the faith in me, and he didn't just draft me, but he like, you know, like believed in me. Everybody says really nice things about don Nelson. Yeah, but he's intimidating as hell. He's got that face, the size, the demeanor.
Speaker 2: He looks like he might shake down Spider Man if he loses the key. Total h for sure.
Speaker 1: And if I must say, he's sort of like Meat Sauce in that he's a big dude. Every pair of pants he wears, her sweatpants.
Speaker 2: Says he you're obsessed with.
Speaker 7: We could say this as of twenty four hours ago, don is rolling over in his grave.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure, not even in there, all right, saying since Sauce isn't here, I have nobody to bet with.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I think you're gonna go for three, but you never know. So one of the teams that he coached was the Warriors in the nineties, and they were famous for a group called run TMC, a little playoff the run DMC, of course, but it was run TMC because of the three stars that were a part of it. Do you know what the t V M or the C and run TMC C stand for what decade again?
Speaker 2: Nineties Warriors run TMC.
Speaker 1: I'm I I have no idea. I really don't have any idea. Tractor trailer.
Speaker 2: Always guesses tractor trailer. I mean that is a T, but that is not the right T. Max. Do you know this or do you know this?
Speaker 7: I think I can get two of them, Okay, but I don't know, go for it.
Speaker 2: The M. I think it's Tim Hardaway that is the team.
Speaker 5: Chris Mullen is the Yeah, Chris Millen is actually the C. Yeah, yeah, I can't get them. Yeah, I can't get the M.
Speaker 2: What do I think? This is insane? Why do I think that PA played basketball with this guy? At some point?
Speaker 5: PA has a connection to this guy And I don't remember what it is. Maybe they were at the same college at the same time or something like that.
Speaker 2: But the the M is Mitch Richmond.
Speaker 5: Ah, Okay, Okay, Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullen. Somebody, somebody text me if like Norda, if you're listening, what the hell is PA's connection or PA? Even if you're listening, PA has a connection of Mitch Richmond and I don't remember what it is.
Speaker 2: Run TMC. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 1: It was on the state In nineteen seventy seven, tenth by the way, the police arrested David Berkowitz, a son of Sam terrorized New York City for more than a year, killing six young people, winning seven others with a forty four caliber revolver. Here's the thing in reading this story that I did not know twenty four years old when they arrested him.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I would have guess he was in his forties based on like every Yeah, twenty four.
Speaker 1: Twenty four years old in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Yeh, the dog made him do it right, or the dog the dog was talking to him, the devil was talking through the dog to David Berkowitz or something like that. It's classic. I mean, we've all had those moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my cat tells me some weird things.
Speaker 2: Sure, my dog's always like, yeah, come close there. Yeah, oh god, is this it's just the devil himself?
Speaker 5: Yeah, go give me a candy a gumbo, no sluxtra to I'll get too, one for you, one for me.
Speaker 2: Buddy.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so nice of you.
Speaker 2: You've in the double are bro.
Speaker 5: There's a there's a George Carling bit and I can't I can't say the word, but it's the S word. He's like, why don't voices ever tell anybody like, go take a bleep on the salad bar at?
Speaker 2: When he's why is it always murder? Yeah? Why are they like that?
Speaker 1: By the way, here's the here's another thing I didn't know about. Burke Wood checked us out. Do you know where the name son of Sam came from? Maybe you do.
Speaker 2: I'd never known this. It's like a law right, No, No, this is so weird.
Speaker 1: In April of this of the year he was in nineteen seventy six and April seventy six, Berklewitz moved to an apartment near Yonkers, and his new home had had dogs. His neighbor, a retiring named Sam Carr, had a black Liberator retriever named Harvey, who Burkewitz believe pleaded with him to kill. He also saw Sam Carr as a powerful demon and was referring to him when he called himself the son of Sam. So Sam was actually his neighbor.
Speaker 2: So he wasn't the dog wasn't the son of Sam.
Speaker 5: David thought he, in a weird way, was the son of Sam, who was also the devil, even though the dog was the devil as well. The devil was talking through the Sam and the dog. What was the dog's name?
Speaker 1: Harvey, son of Harvey? Doesn't sound intimidating it all right?
Speaker 2: Friend of Harvey? Or like walker of Harvey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Harvey right, like dog poop, bigger upper man. I wonder if Harvey knew the power he had. Do you think Harvey was just sitting there like, why is this guy looking at me like that?
Speaker 5: He never knew that technically he created a monster incapable of understanding that.
Speaker 1: I don't wonder if Sam the neighbor was just a good.
Speaker 5: Dude, probably one hundred percent normal, just a nice guy with a dog.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm the devil.
Speaker 2: Or he had like a little recording device in the dog's collar.
Speaker 1: Has he been to Chainsville, Wisconsent?
Speaker 2: Wherever? The I don't wonder whatever, I'm the man.
Speaker 1: You gotta listen to the whole show.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hope you didn't see this news story. Chris Lions quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is stepping away again to reportedly retire again. So whatever, it's not gonna do it, doesn't want to do it. Fine, did you see who the Lions are signing?
Speaker 2: I did. I'm sorry to say I did. I did. Yes, I was gonna say go for it, Josh.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The pastor is how about Pastronaut's going to get another job? He's thirty one. He was with New England last season one year, one point four two five million. And the other reason I think that number is interesting is I remember fanline and stuff during the Pasture not era, and there were fans that were like, sign this guy. We can't let him go. This is it? Like this this is what we need. We need somebody that can run. It's fearless, like they'll coach him up like this is it. There were people like we can't let Dobbs walk. Yeah, And I remember, I don't know if I don't remember, I'm not trying to do revision his history. I don't think I was like back up the Brinks truck. But I remember being the one going like are they gonna pay him? Like that was definitely a question like are they going to do this? Do you let him walk? Is this a Fluke. I definitely was one of the people asking the question. I don't think I was. I don't think I was ever on the side of giving him a Brinks truck worth of cash, But I don't remember that was his day in the sun though.
Speaker 2: Man, he did have like a.
Speaker 5: What was it about a three week run where he was the talk of the town and Sports center was loving him, and yeah.
Speaker 7: Already is and we all, I mean he did it on what like a week's time of knowing the playbooks. We all just figured following that logic, the more he learns the playbook, even he's going to get even better.
Speaker 2: So, man, he did not, he did not, he did not, He did not.
Speaker 1: No, But he's still got a job in the NFL, man, you know, I mean, that's the craziest thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirty one years old, right, making one point for two million to just sit back and hold a clipboard.
Speaker 2: Not a bad gig at all, not at all. More of what really matters.
Speaker 5: After this, Lieber in like fifteen minutes power to a morning show fan fled them the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Farm Bureau Financial Services. Good Morning, There's the Street Team.
Speaker 6: This summer than redeem it at Marvel America for discounts and exciting prizes. Check out upcoming events a campaign dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 1: Case you're wondering how things went down at Sunday Night and practice for your Minnesota Vikings. Quarterback wise, according to the fans, Molly Ringwald McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Was a little better than Benjudd Nelson, the other guy.
Speaker 5: You can get there, Nobody tell him.
Speaker 2: Murray got it? Murray go ahead.
Speaker 8: Molly McCarthy outperformed Murray on Sunday and on other days, but his consistency and the efficiency of the offense still appear to be a work in progress. Head coach Kevin O'Connell has not yet declared whether Murray or McCarthy will play in the preseason. The current challenge will be deciding on a starter in time for the first team offense to get more reps and develop a rhythm, even though objective observers could be split on which quarterback has looked better.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Molly sore you go?
Speaker 2: What was that? Or who is that?
Speaker 1: Molly Reenwald? Not that one?
Speaker 2: A different one, yeah, a different one.
Speaker 1: Intrepid reporter who is working with Alex Smith.
Speaker 2: What else says she said?
Speaker 6: You want to know what else she said, Like, maybe over the weekend you had her maybe heard her.
Speaker 1: Say yeah, she said, well, she said this about Max Bretteson.
Speaker 8: Teams don't full backs in the fifth round without a clear vision. Viking's assistant head coach, Frank Smith knows what it looks like to creatively utilize the position to unlock angles in the run game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: He saw alec Ingold's impact in Miami. Breedson, who like Ingols is a Wisconsin native, spent the first week of training camp lining up in all sorts of spots. His aptitude allows the coaches to add responsibilities to his plate.
Speaker 1: Well done, Molly, it's Brettison. Pronunciation matters, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, guaranteed human.
Speaker 1: Sure iHeartRadio Molly Ringwald, Ladies and gentlemen, not that one.
Speaker 2: You want to know any different auditions? Sure? Which one? Tell me a position? Military? Molly not a fan, but you could make her a fan. Now you know. I'll do a score. You can do some more of Molly Ringwall for a second. I'd love to hear that.
Speaker 5: The Brewers the Drunkenschanies beat the Twins four.
Speaker 2: To three in ten innings.
Speaker 5: Jeffer's attempted to tag a runner at the plate was called safe the Twins challenge, but the call was upheld, so the Twins lose two out of three to Milwaukee. Clemens did hit a two run home run the sixth to tie at three. That was his twentieth home run of the season. Twins are now fifty eight and sixty one. They host Baltimore to night at six forty. Yeah, Well, what really matters is this.
Speaker 1: Molly was all over the place for us this weekend. Molly went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and Molly had this to say about Larry Fitzgerald Junior's speech.
Speaker 8: In his speech, Fitzgerald showed more of his personality. He thanked Hall of Fame wide receiver and mentor Chris Carter, while saying he always had better hands than Carter. He thanked Randy Moss, complimenting the fellow Hall of Famer by saying he couldn't learn anything from Moss because Moss was such a unique talent. He referenced Emmett Smith's wrestling skills in the locker room and Kurt Warner's love for spaghetti well, thanking both for their mentorship.
Speaker 1: There you go, Thank you, Molly. She was all over the place this weekend.
Speaker 2: She gets her own.
Speaker 1: She does not that Molly rewild different. She works for the fan.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, we have a budget for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wonder what she looks like. Chesty?
Speaker 2: Go for football. This is just for Tommy.
Speaker 5: Gopher football starts twenty four days from now, September third, against Eastern Illinois seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: We are a little over three weeks away from Gopher football. Let's go. That's just for Tommy. Just in case his his name, you know. Yeah. What really matters though, is this.
Speaker 1: Molly had this to say about the lead singer of Public Enemy.
Speaker 2: Chuck d is a very confident individual. Thedividual put her in her mouth. I didn't get the l Molly does what you tell her? She was out those rappers too long? Shorten it up words.
Speaker 1: Individual?
Speaker 2: Are you an individual?
Speaker 5: James More, Patrick Swayze, the impressions.
Speaker 2: It's been a week of.
Speaker 1: Thanks Molly.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: The Savannah Bananas were in town. We talked about it an hour and a half ago over the weekend. The I don't even know the dude's name.
Speaker 2: Is it rack? Seriously? Is it like our a c the kid that did the iron lotus catch.
Speaker 1: That's what it says on his back. Yeah, I don't know, you.
Speaker 6: Know, uh yeah, Robert Anthony Cruz, Oh cool, Robert Cruise, serial killer?
Speaker 5: So Rack did the iron to catch. If you haven't seen it, just google it. It's unbelievable. It shouldn't be possible. It should be one of those things that you try a thousand times and get once. So the fact that he did it in a game, even though it's a it's an exhibition game, whatever, but still unbelievable, like that should be. I mean, there's there's gonna be no better catch in Major League Baseball than that this year. Definitely not. I don't know how you do it. I don't know exactly how do you do it better than that.
Speaker 6: It's not like he tried it like ten times and finally nailed it after the Emma. That was the one and only opportunity had to do that, and he nailed.
Speaker 5: It right Like if this was the dunk contest and somebody tried the craziest dunk you've ever seen, but on the thirty seventh attempt finally got it, you'd be like, all right, that's cool, But dear dad, we've been sitting here for an hour and a half. You're exhausted, and Zora we he just did it now again they showed I've seen the clips on social media of him practicing it for months and months and months like it looks like behind the scenes, you still got to do it in front of forty thousand people on the first attempt, and he did pretty sick.
Speaker 2: What really matters is this.
Speaker 1: Molly, do you have anything else to say?
Speaker 8: Let me go holler at Cooper?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, okay? Who's Cooper again? Molly stopped hanging out Withers.
Speaker 1: Cooper is a young man named Cooper lutken House. There's a reason I'm talking about him, or that Molly is Cooper Litkenhouse is a young man who looks just like Parker Fox.
Speaker 2: But he also is a youth.
Speaker 1: Who's a track phenomenon that has gone pro while still in high school. You can read about him on the Athletic Today. It's a very interesting article.
Speaker 2: He's breaking records. Yes he is.
Speaker 1: Let our intrepid reporter Molly Ringwold, not that one tell you about Cooper.
Speaker 8: It started with a collection of age group bests, notably taking down Michael Granville's eight hundred m high school record from nineteen ninety six. Thanks last year over the same distance, he became the youngest man to qualify for the final at US Nationals. Then in said final, he produced the fastest second lap in the field to finish runner up to Donovan Brasier, earning his place at the Tokyo World Championships with an under eighteen best time one colon forty two point twenty seven s. He signed with Nike just after that, the first time a male American middle distance runner has turned professional in high school. Then, two months before his seventeenth birthday, he became the country's youngest athlete in World championship history.
Speaker 2: Now you know, hen, what was his time? One colon one? Let me, Holly, would you please repeat that for me?
Speaker 8: One colon for twenty seven s?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, one colon point. Okay, all right, you're not a runner course. No, I don't get it. No, I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ben Gesling's nodding at the camera right now. Yeah, he gets it. Yeah. The other Ben, Ben liber is here.
Speaker 5: Let's take a break and we'll talk to Ben Lieber after this. He's back in the building, back in the state of Minnesota Ben Leber, and then the News with Chris.
Speaker 2: After this power try warning show on the van from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by GenZ Ryan