Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 3: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 4: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 5: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 6: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion LA Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome into this Saturday nine edition Dodgers on Deck as we get you ready for the Dodgers in Angels, Game two of this freeway series. You're Dodgers forty one and twenty three on this season, seven and a half games up in the NL West. After a walk off win last night, the Dodgers have now won four straight over the Hillos, looking to make it five straight. Tonight, Dodgers and Angels do it again. Yoshinobu Yamamo on the mound first pitch of Uniclow Field the Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seventy ten on Tyler Glass Now Starter Series Bobblehead Night for the first forty thousand in attendance. Hopefully you're one of those getting one of those great looking bobbleheads.
Speaker 2: Out at the Ravine.
Speaker 4: Coming up over the next sixty minutes here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, You're in for a treat.
Speaker 2: Coming up in twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear from the manager, Jave Roberts coming up in about thirty minutes. Charlie Steiner will check in, coming up in forty five minutes. Mike Trout, Yes, that Mike Trout of the Angels. It's gonna go high and tight with David vase maybe talk a little bit more than baseball will find out. David Vassie of course joins us throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers' magical moment, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night it was a pitcher's duel at the Ravine to start this freeway series.
Speaker 2: After the Dodgers outscored the Angels.
Speaker 4: Thirty one to three three weeks ago in a three game series at the Big A. Last night, not a lot of offensive fireworks. Both teams were just three hits in the game. Roki Sasaki and Redetmers put on a show. They would toe to toe on the mound, matching each other with zero's. Angels started Redetmers well. He would go three Indians without giving up a hit before Freddie Freeman singled in the fourth. The left hander gave him two hits over six innings, struck out six and walk two. Angel slugger Mike Trout, who you're gonna hear from, was hitless last night in four at bats, struck out three times. His former teammate now Dodgers show Hey Otani Well superstar was zerover four a couple of strikeouts. Meanwhile, Roki Sasaki would navigate through seven scoreless innings. He didn't allow the way hit until the fifth, when Nick matrickal double with one out. Sasaki was touching one hundred miles an hour run his fastball. He had hitters off balance with his split finger, and he had a career high in strikeouts.
Speaker 5: Sasaki approaching the end of the line trying to get through seven innings the second time in his career, second consecutive start against the Angels, on the two magical down swinging it's a splitter, Smith has to throw to Freddy Freeman to make it official, but double digit cas Kudoki Sasaki a new career high. He heads off the mound after seven scoreless innings here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Impressive from Rokie Sazaki. Seven scoreless, ten punchouts, career high through ninety eight pitches. Turned it over to it Guardo Henriquez, who struck out the side in the eighth. Tanners Scott would end up pitching two thirds of an inning and the Dodgers in the ninth innings still at a scoreless tie. Former Dodger Kirby Yates on in relief facing Freddie Freeman, who got it to a three to two count.
Speaker 5: Rookie Betts on deck, full count, the payoff Freeman.
Speaker 3: That's one fly in.
Speaker 2: The air to the deep Pride center field. We're at the wall and we're going home.
Speaker 5: Freddie Freeman with a walk off home.
Speaker 2: Run in the bottom of the ninth inning.
Speaker 7: Teammates waiting for him at home play, and this game he's done.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman with the walk off home run again. This guy does it in the postseason, he does it in the regular season.
Speaker 2: That's the top tier player of the game.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by ARCO Quality, top tier gas for less. Blake Trying gets the winning relief feeling through a one pitch and picked up the W. He's now three to one Dodgers, with the W improved a forty one and twenty three on the season. The Dodgers, as we speak, are technically eight games up already in the division, as the Arizona Diamondbacks have already lost today to the Washington Nationals. The Padres are eight games back there in action against the New York Mets tonight. So the Dodgers' lead continues to grow in the division, and tonight looking to add to that. With Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound first pitch at seven to ten and with more we head out to the galloping Ford broadcast both as we say, although to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: All right, Tim Kats, We're back here trying to follow up what happened on Friday night. The walkoff winner from Freddy Freeman, the twentieth walkoff hit of Freddy's Major League career, now all time since RBI became an official stat in nineteen twenty, Freeman is now tied for the sixth most ever along with Albert Poolholz and Andre Dawson and Moe.
Speaker 8: All it took was.
Speaker 5: That one run for the Dodgers to start the series with a win.
Speaker 9: Well, if you're gonna tomp that ending we had last night, I'm gonna leave the building right now. It was a good one. And consider the fact, too, is it for Freddy Freeman that was on a three to two count that he hit the home run out of the ballpark? Other numbers on Freeman very very quickly. If we start to look at what Freddy did in the first forty five games, they're saying, well, some was able. Where's Freddy Freeman in those first forty five games hit two to fifty four, not bad four home runs. The last fifteen games, Freeman's hit three thirty nine and he's hit six out of the ballpark, including the walk off last night.
Speaker 5: We've seen some slug out of him, and he's now I believe, five hit shy of twenty five hundred in his career. So the Dodgers have won seventeen of the last twenty two games overall, and they've gotten on a roll here at home eight of nine. Here at the revive. And this is another one of those take care of business series. It's a quick home stand, three games against the last place team in the league and the Angels, and so now you can clinch the series with Yelmamoto on the bump.
Speaker 9: Yeah. And I think one of a couple of things get overlooked. First of all, I think the defense last night got overlooked. Without the defense, it's not a one to nothing walk off, right, Angels would have scored because they had plenty of opportunities, more opportunities with runners in scoring position than what the Dodgers had last night. But in winning seventeen to the last twenty two, which the Dodgers have done, that that's the best record since the thirteenth of May, and since that time, their EERA is one ninety nine. That is the best in Major League Baseball. And by the way, the starting pitching, including with the performance last night by Rokie Susaki, the starters have now worked nineteen consecutive innings without allowing a run and only ten hits given up in those nineteen ers.
Speaker 5: That is a phenomenal stretch for the starting staff, which has been consistently dominant despite not having all of their parts this year with some injuries. That being said, the offense has kind of gone cold of the last couple of games. They're facing Jack Kohanowitz, a pitcher they torched before in Anaheim a couple of weeks ago. But just two innings in the last eighteen for the Dodger offense, they've been able.
Speaker 8: To score a run.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they've not been able to have a whole lot of guys. They were zero for two last night, only two opportunities with runners in scoring position, and that's something they did not have a lot of opportunities in that series. Just complete it in Arizona against the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 5: Either, Hey again, if you only get one and the other team ATZERI, you win the game. Tim Kates and according to doctor Rik Kujuski, the last time the Dodgers won one to nothing on a walk off solo home run May third, twenty fifteen, Yus Money Grundahl in the thirteenth in a game two for the Dodgers and Angels in this freeway series. We'll be back a little bit later with a key from moment.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, nellious. We cant your dad in the first pitch on this Saturday night, Dodger fans, it's dinner time. What's your plans on this game day? How about get your game Dame Meal on Shakey's Beenza Parlor. You know what of your Shaky's pizza, chacking and mojos right now at Shakey's. DoD com coming up here on Morago because you know Dodgers on deck, you are not gonna want to miss it. We're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts coming up in ten minutes. Well check out with David Vassia of course throughout the hour. Charlie Steiner will be here in twenty minutes. Coming up at about forty minutes, you're gonna hear from Mike Trout, Angels outfielder on more than just baseball that's coming up. We lead you up to Dodgers and Halo's on this Saturday night, Game two of the Freeway Series.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All you know it, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on.
Speaker 3: Deach on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 4: Low Dodgers and Angels squaring off Game two of this Freeway Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Jack o'hannowits the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewise.
Speaker 4: Well quiet night for show hate Last Nights. Not a lot of fireworks from either team during the nine innings. As the Dodgers went it won to nothing, but only had three hits. Offensively, Freddie Freeman had two of those, the biggest one the walk off home run in the bottom half of the ninth inning off Kirby Yates show Hey Otani zero for four with two strikeouts.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Hey kars now joins us the stadium brought to my Cars for Kids donating now Cars for Kids dot org.
Speaker 2: That's cars with a K.
Speaker 4: All right, curious in the lineup came out and then there was a scratch. Will Smith no longer in the lineup.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so Will Smith was originally out there. And Dave Roberts had said the plan for him in this series was to play two or three. It's gonna play the first two and then be down tomorrow. But this morning when he woke up, he actually was dealing with a bit of a stiff neck. Dave Roberts said, it seems like it could have been one that maybe just came from how he was sleeping, maybe a pillow he was using, and so ultimately they decided that, you know, after talking to the training staff, it was just better to give him the night off tonight, and then the hope is that he should be back out there tomorrow. Obviously it does depend on how he feels when he wakes up, but you know, for a guy like Will Smith, it hasn't been the most ideal of years for him, especially offensively, but more recently he's felt like he's starting to get a little bit more back on track. Obviously he's been excellent behind the plate and navigating through just the opposing team's lineup with the starting pitcher or with any picture I should say, but so definitely an unfortunate news, especially for a guy who also earlier this year dealt a little bit of back lower pain as well. But the good news is that they do believe he should be back in the lineup tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Speaking of starting pitching and the Dodgers starting pitching the last three games off the charts.
Speaker 10: Off the charts him, I mean, when you look at whether it was Rogi Sasaki yesterday, Justin Robleski, show Heyo Tani. The three of them have had shut out performances when it comes to their outings, which means we currently with the rotation, are in a position in which there is a nineteen straight scoreless inning streak coming into this game today, and it just feels like each pitcher is building off of each other. We're now seeing the bullpens starting to get back on track. They had a few hiccups there, but when Dave Roberts was talking about the rotation this afternoon, he was saying that he does believe this right now, this is the best that we have seen from the group as a collective. We have heard players like Justin Robleski, who we've now seen the velocity tick back up. He said that this is the player that he has felt like he was kind of just missing at times. Of course, we're now seeing a little bit more swing and missing his game the loss. He as I mentioned, now he's just back to being the guy that he's nobles he can be and is used to being out there and feeling really good for the first time this year. Then you have someone like Roki Sasaki, who as a complete player right now is just at the best version we have seen from him. So it just feels like everyone is truly at their best at the moment, and so the hope is that we can just continue to continue to see them building off of each other. Because the pitchers do say that pitching can be contagious as well.
Speaker 4: Well, let's hope that contagious pitching transforms tonight with Yoshinobu Yamamoto again on the mound, who has been fantastic all season long.
Speaker 2: Kirsten, we appreciate it. What'll check in with you after the game? Still to come.
Speaker 4: Here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Vatsego's one on one with Mike Drout that's coming up in about thirty minutes. Also coming up in injury report and up next. Well here for the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Angels on this Saturday night. Tyler Glass Now Bobblehead Night, First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on.
Speaker 3: Your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues is we are leading up to first pitch Dodgers and the Angels Marongo Casino Resort at Spy a grand slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 4: Heresented by UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glass now extended to the sixty day ill. It's the lower back still spasming. Blake Snell on the sixty day ill after surgery and moved the elbow bodies that he has been suffering from. Good news is David Vasse got his eyes on him yesterday and he was playing catch offf flat ground in left field at when Diaz doing baseball activities. He too, working his way back from that same surgery just three weeks earlier. Tommy Emmon is in Triple A, Oklahoma City, playing a little bit of third base, playing a little bit of second base and outfield as well as he makes his way back on a minor league rehab assignment. All right, let's head back out to the ravine and check out the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 3: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 3: The dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 11: Roberts, Yeah, it is, it is. I didn't realize the length of the scoreless innings, but yeah, every night that you know, we see a guy, I feel really good that we're going to prevent runs from the starter. And you know, it seemed like early on it was top heavy, but but now, I mean it's it's pretty seamless. It's Will No, No, it came out of nowhere. Yeah. I had him in there today and then talked to Thomas Albert and said that Will's kind of grinding through a next situation. So, you know, could have probably pushed him to play, but he was going to play one of the next two. Regards less, I think a bad night's sleep or a bad pillow. Not sure.
Speaker 6: He had the lower back issue earlier in the year in Milwaukee.
Speaker 12: He gave him a little last year's time off. Is he dealing with more of the rare tear.
Speaker 8: This year early than you.
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 11: I don't know. I think there was a little issue earlier. I don't think so. I think that it was a little bit earlier the Milwaukee I just felt that I wanted to just get him to stand down for a little bit. Not it wasn't physical at all, and then this kind of popped out of nowhere. So I do think that without this thing, he was trending and really in a good spot. When you see there in that kind, I'll say, this is a lot of I think that they've been you know, the last couple of games in Arizona, or maybe the last game in Airson probably wasn't wasn't great. But I still think that that that quality is fine. You know, there's some metrics that we look at underlying stuff that I think that he is expected is better than it's showing. So I think that's some encouragement for us. So it's better than the surface line. Is it what he expects? Probably not. I just think it. I do think it's turning. I do think the aggressiveness of the swing is better, the swing's decisions are better. So yeah, I'm really, you know, not too concerned about Will.
Speaker 8: I'm really not all right.
Speaker 4: There's a manager Dave Roberts, Will Smith not in the lineup, scratch because of a sore neck, so it sounds like he should be good to go tomorrow. Wakentan you here, I'm wrong, be Causino Dodgers on Debt. We will check in with the David Vasse. Don't forget coming up about twenty minutes. Dave's gonna go one on one with Mike Trout as we lead job to Game two of this freeway series Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Known as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's Dodgers and Angels on this Saturday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Al Poto.
Speaker 2: Born in LA and made for your game day.
Speaker 4: El Poto brings authentic Mexico's Don Tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table every single time. El Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 3: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 13: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David David now joins us from the stadium RIDV last night Freddie Freeman walk off home run. The thrill again from Freddie with the walk off unbelievable.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 6: And obviously we all remember Freddy's drum walk off home runs in the last two World Series, starting with the walk off Grand Slam against the Yankees in Game one of the twenty four World Series and last year the walk off home run after eighteen innings in Game three. But Freddie has six regular season walk off home runs and last night was his first regular season walk off home run with the Dodgers.
Speaker 14: No, I gave Kirby a little smile, but then you gotta go to work against Kirby with.
Speaker 13: His fastball of switters.
Speaker 8: You gotta go.
Speaker 14: You gotta look up so you don't swing up the switter down. So that's what I was trying to do. When I missed a three one fastball, I kind of just kind of brought it closer.
Speaker 2: A little bit higher and able to get a fish ahead.
Speaker 13: Tim. You know, it was just so cool.
Speaker 6: After the game last night, as Freddie was rounding the bases touching home plate, the entire stadium forty eight thousand plus was channing fred ye, Freddy. And as I was making my way back up from the field, I usually take the stairwell, and the fans and the stairwell were channing Freddy's name. So that's how much LA has a love affair with Freddie Freeman these days.
Speaker 4: And David with that home run last night, we didn't go to extra innings and the Dodgers haven't played an X rating game this year.
Speaker 6: The only team in Major League Baseball this year not to play an extra inning game. Tonight is Game sixty five. The first sixty four games of the season, the Dodgers have avoided extra innings. That's the seventh longest streak in baseball history to begin a season, wow without playing a tenth inning. And in case you're wondering what the record is ninety eight straight games to open up the season by the five Boston Red Sox. So, for what it's worth, Freddie Freeman avoided extra innings for the Dodgers last night.
Speaker 2: That is a great nugget.
Speaker 4: David is brought to by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that give me everything today, we'll pay off tomorrow. Right now, they got Ford employee pricing for everyone American Value. For American Values, go to your Southern California Ford Dealer today for now dot Com special night out at the Ravine with a special man thrown out the first pitch DV.
Speaker 13: That's right, Tim.
Speaker 6: You know I have one foot in with the Rams and the newest acquisition, the raigning defensive player of the year, the guy that has got LA buzzing about the Rams again. Miles Garrett is in the house tonight and is going to throw out the ceremonial first pitch. You'll hear from Mike Trout later in the show, and I went toe to toe with a big time Eagles fan. He got a little contentious, but you'll hear that later in the show.
Speaker 4: Cannot wait to hear that was David Vassego's high and tight with Mike Trout. All right, real quick, David show. Hey Otani the blister any lingering issues? Could this be a problem for his next start?
Speaker 13: I talked to Dave Roberts earlier today.
Speaker 6: O'tani is on track to make his start in Pittsburgh next Wednesday, and there is no issues with that blister on his right middle finger. And in fact, you know, we just started to notice it in his last start, but from what I am understand, he's been dealing with it the last handful of starts, so he's managed it and continues to manage it. One of the Dodgers trainers is an expert in managing blisters. His name's Passam Nakajima, and he has been here through the rich Hill years. So if he can manage the rich Hill blister, he can manage this small one for Otani.
Speaker 2: All right, Time now to pick the ponies out. At Santa Nidaz.
Speaker 4: We have the Dodger Derby DIVIDI race that head to head to see who wins more races at the end of the spring season. We're looking at tomorrow's seventh rate six and a half furlongs. Currently it's a nine horse race. Who do you like in tomorrow's seventh.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm gonna go with the number six horse, Newton. I'm going with Newton, all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll go with the four horse, Sir Davis, Sir Davis, the forest, Good.
Speaker 2: Luck to you, David.
Speaker 4: Dave's gonna go get one on one with Mike Trout coming up in about twenty minutes and not gonna want to miss that.
Speaker 2: Don't forget sending in the park.
Speaker 4: Don't want to miss racing out there all weekend long Friday through Sunday.
Speaker 2: Find out all about the great.
Speaker 4: Track side, fun family things they have going on in this season and Needa dot Com slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck again, you're gonna hear from Mike Trout. But up next, we're gonna get your Dodgers Magical Moment.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Angels on this beautiful Saturday night in Southern California. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now start a series of Bobblehead Night.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobu, Ya'm a motto on the mound. First bitch coming up, It's seventen.
Speaker 3: Dog who wants It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: Bitch Magical Magical Present by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well we go back to June twenty eighth, two thousand and eight. Dodgers defeated the Angels one to night in one of the strangest and rarest games in baseball history.
Speaker 8: Well, beautifully, evening, did you get the feeling? Everybody's sweating?
Speaker 3: One in two?
Speaker 15: So the averages better than four pitchers in that bad, unbelievable red you will it strikes out, two strikeouts for Sido and the Dodgers win a game without a hit.
Speaker 3: Leave it to the Dodge.
Speaker 4: Dodgers beat the Angels won to nothing. Back in two thousand and eight, Angels pitchers Jared Weaver and a Jose Roundando through a combined no hitter, though yet the Angels still lost the game. The lone run was unearned and it curried. In the bottom of the fifth inning. Matt kim blot off the inning by reaching base on an air stole second, advanced to third on the ground out, and then scored on a sack fly.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 4: Dodgers went it one to nothing despite getting no hit by the Angel This Hoffe magical moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey Hot Talks local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on deck. We will check you in with Charlie Steiner as we lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 4: All Season Low Dodgers Angels Freeway Series, Yoshinovo Yamamoto and Jack o'hannowitz the pitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup as we're thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Calm.
Speaker 2: For Rights in store today. We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 8: All right, Tim.
Speaker 16: The Dodgers get ready for their sixty fifth game of the season with the second best record in baseball forty one and twenty three, seven and a half now eight games in front of Arrows. One of the Diamondbacks loss this afternoon, eight in front of the Padres. And then there were the Angels at twenty four, up forty down last place in the American League West, nine behind Seattle. They along with the Colorado Rockies, with.
Speaker 8: The worst record in baseball.
Speaker 16: Last night a terrific game, though, oh one to nothing Freddie Freeman with the walk off, and I don't know where.
Speaker 8: To begin about last night's game.
Speaker 16: Let's start with Roki Sasaki best start of his career ninety eight pitches, of which seventy two were strikes. His ERA first month of the season six thirty five in May three eighteen so far.
Speaker 8: Of course, in June nothing, so.
Speaker 16: His ra has dropped from six thirty five to four toh three, And in his last.
Speaker 8: Five starts twenty nine innings.
Speaker 16: Thirty four strikeouts, six walks, and he's held opponents to a one to seventy nine batting average.
Speaker 8: The real Roki Sasaki has shown up well.
Speaker 9: I think the turnaround has been at the confidence and he garner. He's worked very hard with the pitching coaches and just observing what is happening at this level. This is a higher level of competition when he first arrive, so he's kind of catching on to it. You and I were talking about it last night during the broadcast, and I brought up the fact that for me, Sasaki in the past was trying to avoid the ball being hit by the hitter. I understand that, but now it's almost like he's pitching where he is daring the hitter to try and hit the baseball and he gets out in front of counts. That really works to his favorite because he's readjusted what was the fork ball, now it's the splitter. He's getting that pitch over more rapidly and more consistently, doing a terrific job. And speaking of Sasaki, if we look at the starting pitching of this Dodger ball club right now, Charlie, they've gone nineteen consecutive innings now without allowing a run.
Speaker 16: And in the last twelve games, Dodger starters are six and one and a one thirty six earned Ron average. Last three starts, nineteen innings of work, no runs in ten hits. So the starters has been great and the Dodgers keep mowing them on down. And Freddy Freeman with the walkoff last night in the bottom half of the nine to one to nothing Dodger went each team with three hits.
Speaker 8: Freddy had two of them, including the game winner.
Speaker 9: You know, it's amazing if we look at Freddy Freeman, I mean the number of hits that he has and you look at the lifetime average on top of it. It's really self explanatory. But if we look at the first forty five games of this season, he hit two fifty four, only four home runs. That's a low four of Freddy Freeman. But if you look at the last fifteen games, Freeman is hitting it a three thirty nine pace and he's hit six out of the ballpark in his last fifteen games. Were again with just four in his first forty five games this year.
Speaker 16: And fifteen RBIs fifteen runs scored during that period of time. So Freeman has finally found his groove, and certainly he has. You know, he is just five hits from twenty five hundred and his of course is three thousand and again after the slow start, he's been right on the beam.
Speaker 9: He's been right on the beam. And also he made another defensive gym last night, which I think the defense really on both sides last night was maybe overlooked because it was a one to nothing score. The Dodgers went it with the Freeman home run leading off the bottom of the ninth inning. Both clubs had just three hints. But the defense on both sides last night was really something to watch. It was outstanding.
Speaker 16: Miguil Rojas made a play that seemingly looked impossible.
Speaker 8: He started at a conventional second base.
Speaker 16: Spot back through the middle, and the ball went toward shortstop, so he's going away from the bag bare hands and in one motion through the first It was as good as play as you'll ever see a second baseman make.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely. There was also a good play made at third base, and Freeman made another good play earlier on in the ball up, So yeah. We talked about the offense and how many runs the Dodgers scored, yes, in their third in baseball in the number of runs that they have scored, uh and first in the hitting department. But what kind of gets to taken for granted, I think is the defense until you begin to watch these terrific plays that really save the Dodgers from having to go to the bullpen even earlier because the runs are not being scored.
Speaker 8: As a result.
Speaker 16: Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets to start for the Dodgers tonight five and four, two eighty six ERA. Then you got Cohanowitz of the Angels two and four. He's got an ERA of five point twenty three and his last five starts as ERA is nine and a quarter Game two of the three game series. Coming up with a bit Tim all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium is a Uniclow dot Com slash. You still to Combele dive deeper to this pitch magic Rickle be back with Steven Nelson. Get to those keys to the game. But up next, don't go anywhere. One of the best players in baseball on one of the worst teams in baseball. Mike Trout of the Angels goes high and tight with David Vasa. Next of Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Leading up to Dodgers and Angels Game two of this freeways series, Yoshinobi Abbamono Jack Hanowitz. The bitching matchup Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game night, it's group night, and Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and tugged.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 6: It's a big day at Dodgers Stadium, and I'm joined right now by a guy that I knew when he was coming up and he had some weird desert disease. He was really skinny when he first came up in his first big league camp. And here he is, a three time MVP eleven. I'm All Star, healthy again and prime to get back to the.
Speaker 13: All Star Game.
Speaker 6: That's the one and only Fly Eagles Fly Mike Trout, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Hey, I got something for you.
Speaker 6: I'm part of the Ramiley, and part of the Ramley's throwing out the ceremonial first pitch tonight, Trout.
Speaker 13: You know who that is?
Speaker 12: Probably Miles Garrett.
Speaker 13: That's right, Miles Garrett's in the house.
Speaker 6: You're gonna get a first look at him, just the way Jalen Hurts is gonna get some close looks at him in the postseason.
Speaker 7: And we'll see what's the last you know, four games against and what's the record.
Speaker 13: It's hard to say, Mike, Yeah, I know you know, I know.
Speaker 6: You know, hey, Mike, the All Star Game is in Philly. You were the twenty fifteen All Star Game MVP. How much would it mean for you to be able to go back there and start in the All Star Game.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, definitely mean a lot. You know, every time I get to go back to you know, Philly and Jersey area, you know, because I grew up there, I live closer there, so be cool to see the family and you know, be able to you know, hopefully you know, get voted in and playing it to be an honor.
Speaker 13: First time in three years.
Speaker 6: You're healthy enough to put yourself in the conversation for the fans who love you, that want to see you in there again. How much is that a big part of this that you were able to get healthy and actually give yourself this opportunity.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, you know, all that stuff's great, just you know, the hard work in the off season, you know, coming up with a plan and sticking to it, and you know, it's been it's been great so far. You know, I think, you know, playing you know, I've met this the other day to a lot of people, just you know, playing you know, sixty seventy percent it's it's tough, you know, to go out there and and try to be the player you want to be. So to be able to go out there and yeah, it's not worried about any anything and just go out there, player game have fun again.
Speaker 12: It's uh, it's been a big boost.
Speaker 6: Mike Trout's been so good to the fans. You'll see him at a baseball card shop in spring training. So this is a great way to pay it forward to get Mike Trout back in the All Star Game. He belongs in his hometown of Philadelphia, and maybe, just maybe you might see your old buddy, Mookie Betts if he gets it going here soon. I know you and Mookie created a friendship that he told me about when he played in the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 13: How did that all evolve?
Speaker 7: Yeah, know, just uh obviously you know, playing against Mookie, you know all these years it's been it's been unbelievable.
Speaker 12: And yeah, you see how.
Speaker 7: Good he is on the field, but uh, being able to spend some time on them off field, you know, the WBC and you know, building a relationship, you know, a friendship, it's uh, you know, to be able to keep in contact with each other and you know he's grinding right now, but you know he's not. You don't see him taking any days off. He's he's out there working harder. He knows, he's he knows what he's capable of doing. You know, everybody goes through it. It's a it's a mental grind. Uh, He's got to you know, stay positive, push.
Speaker 8: Forward, Mike.
Speaker 13: That's what he told me.
Speaker 6: He said, you guys exchanged text to help each other when you are grinding.
Speaker 12: For sure.
Speaker 7: For sure, you know, I think we are. We all pull for each other, you know, we you know, baseball is a tough game. It'll drive you crazy sometimes, but uh, you know it's it's usually one little you know thought or one little you know tip, you know, gets you going again. So you know, you know, talking to him when when he was over with us, you know when we played you guys, you know, a few weeks ago. Just being able to talk to him, see what he's going through and you know some of the some of the stuff he you know, he feels it's similar to what I was feeling. You know, I feel when I'm when I'm out right. So it's uh, it's pretty you know cool to build that friendship with each other.
Speaker 12: And you know, I love Moviie.
Speaker 6: Is it more Mookie wanting to try to get in with you to get to your golf course out there in Jersey.
Speaker 12: Not. He's always welcome at the golf course.
Speaker 6: And Mike before I let you go. Clayton Kershaw, it's weird him not being here. Spent his entire career with the Dodgers. How much does it mean to you to have the opportunity to spend your entire career with one team that doesn't happen a lot like Kershaw was able to have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, you know, build a great you know friendship with Clayton. You know, Kurshon. We had some battles over the years. You know, I talked to him before the I saw him in spring training. We were at a photo shoot and together, so I got to catch up with him a little bit. I saw him, saw some video of him at the game, you know, a week ago, maybe two. So yeah, like I said, I'm just uh, the battles every time when I was up at the plate, it's uh, it was a tough battle.
Speaker 12: So you know, I'm glad he's retired now.
Speaker 13: So that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 7: Competing competing now he's uh, probably competing with his kids.
Speaker 6: So have you ever referred to your body as a carcass the way he did last year?
Speaker 7: No? No, I don't think I've ever said it like that. But some days, you know, some days when you when you know with a knee wasn't right, it felt like.
Speaker 12: It for sure.
Speaker 13: Might great to see you at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: You know how much the whole baseball community respects what you represent as a person, as a player, and you deserve to be back in the All Star Game this year. And I couldn't think of a better city for you to be back, starting in center field in Philadelphia.
Speaker 13: So fans, the polls are open right now.
Speaker 6: Get Mike Trout back in the All Star Game and he'll put on a show in the city of brotherly Love.
Speaker 13: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it. Thank you for having me here.
Speaker 13: He is the man. Mike Trout is the guest we'll send back to you, Tim all.
Speaker 4: Right, thanks a lot of DV Mike Trout one of the best players in baseball and also a great guy off the field, even for an angel. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series.
Speaker 2: First pitch is seven to ten.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 4: Next will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere? I'm Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 3: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Angels the Freeway Series from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium, Game two of this series. Dodgers have actually won four straight after a sweep Cup weekends ago at Anaheim Stadium. They won the series opener last night on the walk off home run from Freddie Freeman, looking to make it five straight over the Angels first pitch coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchhout brought to Bayer Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 4: Jack Kohanowitz on the mound two and four with at five to twenty three ERA twenty five year old right hander, third season now in the big leagues, making his thirteenth start here in twenty twenty six, is eighth on the road Kohanowitz is seeking his first winning decision since April tenth at Cincinnati, but has allowed three or fewer runs since six and the nine starts since then. In that last win back in April, he's just got no run support. Last time out at Tampa, it wasn't really good. Two and the third Indings, three runs, five hits, four walks, and lost. This is his third career start against the Dodgers, one in one with the four ninety seven ERA. He earned the win in his previous start at Uniquo Field the Dodger Stadium, and I was last May six and two third Indians one run, five hits and five punchouts. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the I'll get this guy some run support tonight please, twenty seven year old right hander in his third season in the big League. He's five and four with a two eighty six ERA, making his team leading twelve start here in twenty twenty six this season, sixty nine and the third Indians sixty nine strikeouts, and he's holding opponents to a two to fifteen matting average. Last time out for Yamamoto, five and a third shutout, innings, four hits, tied to curer high with ten strikeouts in a win over the Phillies. Yamamoto has allowed a zero extra base hits in his last three starts. He faced the Angels once in his career so far. That was August to twenty twenty five. He went four and two third Indians, giving up six runs on six hits while striking out six in a loss. So Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Jack o'hanowitz the pitching matchup Dodgers and Angels for fifteen minutes away for first fish keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 4: Season leading up to Dodgers and Angels. Yoshoudoa Yamamoto on the Mountain as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great moment, Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference, the Poro has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. All right, back out to the booth one final time before first pitch.
Speaker 2: Steven Nelson Rick Monday, Guess.
Speaker 5: Okay, Tim, We're going to see the Freeway series installment number two in this series five for the season. The Dodgers unbeaten against their rivals from Orange County. Yoshinoba Yamamoto against Jack Kohanowitz tonight, Well, give me a key or a player to watch, please.
Speaker 9: Well, I thanks for Yama Moto. Go ahead and throw it free and easily ten strikeouts his last douting that was on Sunday against the Phillies. So they just keep doing the same thing. He changed speeds I thought exceptionally well, worked at fastball up and in on the flip side of the coin. For the Dodgers, they saw Ahna Witz in Anaheim and he went six innings, six runs on seven hits, and three of those were hit out of the ballpark. He kind of pitches a little backwards. He has a good changeup off speed pitch. But for the Dodgers, get good pitches to hit something that they kind of expanded this right zone a little bit more than what we normally see.
Speaker 5: Last night, p Yoshinobu Yamamoto has a chance to get the Angels back a little bit. He gave up the most runs he's ever allowed in a single start to Anaheim last August. That was six runs and four and two thirds innings. But he's on a good little stretch here. Ten in the third scoreless innings, a far cry from or We just saw Christopher Sanchez of the Phillies and the Chorus Bulldog a couple of booths over those fifty nine straight scoreless but two and one the last three turns a zero point nine to three era for Yamamoto, And even that last start against the Phillies where he had those double digit punchouts only five and the third innings. We just haven't seen one of those prototypical Yamamoto starts yet this year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the Philly really expanded the strength zone in that outing as well. So you've got the best hitting team in baseball, the Dodgers hitting two sixty two as a team, their third best in runs, their fourth best in home runs, but they managed just one run last night. It took the final swinging by Freddie Freeman to have the walk off victory.
Speaker 5: I don't think Freddy yama Moto any Dodger wants to wait around that long tonight. But as you always say, Mo, you'll wait as long as it takes, wait all night for a win, all night for a win. We don't have to wait much longer for the first pitch, though, Tim.
Speaker 8: Let's get it back to you all.
Speaker 4: Right, Thank you very much, guys. Dodgers eight games up in the division. As the Diamondbacks and the Padres are starting to fall behind the Dodgers, who continue to separate themselves in the NL West, they could do it some more tonight with a win over the Angels. Yoshinobu Yamamoto takes the mound next.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed, everybody.
Speaker 4: This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Audio Network