Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers Tampa Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two Molrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday, June the nineteenth. You're Los Angeles Dodgers forty eight and twenty seven on this season. After a three game sweep of the Tampa Bay Rays to start off the homestand a day off yesterday, now the Dodgers are back at it with the start of a three game series against the Baltimore Oriols. Roki Sisaki on the mound in the series opener, first pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Wrongo. Because you know, Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from a Hall of Famer and Jim Palmer Orioles broadcaster. We'll check in with David Vassa throughout the hour. We'll get the pregame thought to the manager Dave Roberts. Coming up in about twenty minutes, we'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. We got the latest with show Hey Otani. Not in the lineup tonight, not with the team tonight, not officially on paternity lee, but he is away from the team. More on that coming up in just a few minutes. We will check in with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday out at the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth. Well, the Dodgers were last in action on Wednesday out at the Ravine and Show Hay was on the mound blister and all inflammation in his knee, and all show Hey o'tani went out and dealt for six innings, the first four really good, putting up zeros along the way. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense got going in the bottom of the fourth inning and once you know it, it was the bottom of the Dodgers order getting it started thanks to call.
Speaker 2: The calls made a great defensive play today Robbin Taylor walls of extra basis swinging the line track right field base. Yet look he's gonna touch third, He's waved home. He will score standing up. And Alex Call tried some in the first run of the game. It's one nothing Dodgers, two out single for Alex.
Speaker 6: Ball Allas Call with the RBI single. Dodgers weren't done. How about Alex frielan the nine hitter, an RBI single the Dodgers seven and nine hitters, getting the Dodgers on the board with two runs in the bottom half of the fourth inning. Show Hey o'tani came back out in the fifth and things sort of unraveled for Show four runs, five hits, a walk. They batted it around, did the Tampa bay Rays against Show Hey o'tanni. He threw twenty six pitches, not before though, giving up the lead. As the Tampa Bay Rays had a forty two lead the Dodgers. In the fifth, he had a golden opportunity with the bases loaded and nobody out. Kyle Tucker drew a basis loaded walk that made it a four to three gaming. You felt like the Dodgers were a about to explode offensively. Unfortunately, the Dodgers could not score another run in the fifth call popped out, rushing popped out. Alex Freelan struck out to end the threat, but the Dodgers would have another one in them bottom half of the sixth inning, Dodgers getting Andy pie has double. Then up came Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: Three for eight with runners in scoring position and Freddy hits a high fly.
Speaker 3: Ball deep center field way back. It us gone a home run for Freddie Freeman flips the score. The Dodgers now leaded five to four as Freeman hits his twelfth home run of the season, the three hundred and seventy ninth of his career.
Speaker 6: Freddy Freeman with a two run home run to flip the score in favor of the Dodgers. That is a top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less O'tani in his last two starts has allowed seven runs against the Pirates. In the Rays as Otan, he gave up four runs on seven hits, struckout, five walked. One would lead with the lead yes the Dodgers a five to four lead, and Guardo Enriquez got the seventh.
Speaker 4: He got the first out of the eighth.
Speaker 6: Jeck Dryer got the final two outs of the eighth inning, and then Alex Vessio well, he would load the bases in the top half of the ninth inning, but get a strikeout to end the threat in the game. Ballgame over. Dodgers beat the Rays on Wednesday, five to four. Is your final show? Hey Otani gets to win. He's now seven to two. Alex Vessio picked up to save as the Dodgers finish off the three game sweep of Tampa Bay. They're now forty eight and twenty seven, and the Dodgers going into play tonight.
Speaker 4: With a nine game lead in the.
Speaker 6: NL West, and Rookie Sasaki gets the ball in the series opener tonight as the Baltimore Orioles come to town. First pitch at seven to ten and with more we head out to the gallop before broadcast. But as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: All right, tim after the day off yesterday, this is game number seventy six, and right now the Dodgers are sitting pretty got the best record in baseball forty eight and twenty seven. They've got the largest lead of any of the six divisions nine over the Padres, they've got a higher run differential one hundred and forty four than anybody else on a pace to win one hundred and four right now. The Dodgers offensively, the pitching has been great, bullpen has actually been improving. Of like, they're really at a high point, not only in this season, but the way they have been playing.
Speaker 8: I agree, you know, it's kind of strange. A well, that's not strange because we're around them all the time. If you talk to the guys in uniform down the field, they feel that they can play even better. I mean they're playing shorthanded. We get injury updates earlier today, uh Ti, Oscar Hernandez. Maybe next week he will go out play four or five games and come back, maybe off the injured list.
Speaker 9: In that particular time, you got some.
Speaker 8: Pictures are getting closer and closer, and then we found out some words about show Hey Otani today that he's not going to be in lineup tonight, maybe not available for this weekend. But this is the club, truly, they believe they can play better baseball right now than what they're already playing.
Speaker 10: Right now.
Speaker 11: They lead the majors in batting average, on base percentage, home runs.
Speaker 4: Third, and extra base hads.
Speaker 7: They've got the lowest er three thirty three, the starters of three to eleven.
Speaker 11: Er best well been Eer three seventy two.
Speaker 9: There's seven but.
Speaker 11: Every category where the Dodgers are in, and of course.
Speaker 7: Everybody is in every category, they're first.
Speaker 4: Or near it.
Speaker 8: And I think you'd look at the workload, the workload from an offensive standpoint as a result of some good pitching, some very good defense. I think the defense has really gone unnoticed by a lot of people on the outside.
Speaker 9: We see it and appreciate it. But how about the fact that Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Have scored one hundred and forty plus more runs than the opposing team.
Speaker 9: Now you stop and thinking about that, it's.
Speaker 8: Almost two runs a game that they have outscored the Appoints.
Speaker 7: And then they are there thirty five and forty one. They're in fourth place in the American League East. So you have two teams heading in entirely different directions. The Dodgers of course looking to three peete and the Oriols are just looking to get on the right foot and.
Speaker 8: Try to get something going if they've split the last In fact, They've lost six of the last ten. They're eleven and a half games behind the New York Yankees American League Eastern Division Tampa who just left town.
Speaker 9: They dropped out to three behind.
Speaker 8: And remember for Tampa Bay, it was only about two weeks ago they had a five and a half game lead over everybody else in the Eastern Division. So that division is tightening.
Speaker 9: Up at least at the top.
Speaker 8: And for the Dodgers, nine games in front of the second place Sandego Pandres right now in the West.
Speaker 7: Biggest lead of any first place team. Roki Sasaki against Trade Gibson tonight, the first of three. After this weekend series is over, the Dodgers hit the road for nine to Minnesota, San Diego, and to Sacramento. We'll detail the lineups and first pitch a little later on.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Charlie, as we cut you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on a Shaky Spizza parlor.
Speaker 4: You can order that Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and.
Speaker 6: Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here before first pitch, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts we will check in with David Vasse of course break down this pitching matchup. But I'm next you o Tani rewind An, We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports net LA.
Speaker 4: That's all coming up.
Speaker 6: As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Baltimore Orioles. I'm Tim kass Is, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Baltimore Orioles on this Friday and night started a three game interleague series. Rookie Sasaki Tray Gibson. The pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper in the numbers for both these guys coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: First pitch set for seven to ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 2: Ill BET's David Short Tommy edmand Over there at third.
Speaker 10: And one.
Speaker 2: Two pitch from Otani to Yondi Diaz swinging in a mess. He struck him out. He got him with a fastball at ninety eight. Two pitch from show Head and Cam a narrow waves and strikes out he goes after the curve and misses, and O'tani's got his third strikeout of the game. Two ball, two strike, pitch two Fucia Swingy's.
Speaker 9: That he strikes out.
Speaker 2: Otani takes care of that for the High Hawk Tame Fastball Show.
Speaker 6: Hey Otani. Six innings, four runs, seven hits, five strikeouts. Got into trouble in the fifth inning, but came back out in the sixth with a one to two three inning as he's able to get the win. Now seven to two on this season and a five to four Dodger victory over the Rays.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Court with Kirsten Wasson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Donate now at Cars for Kids dot org. All right, you're still a little different looking lineup, no show, hey Otani? And still know Will Smith who is eligible to come off the injured list today?
Speaker 12: Yes, so for let's start with Will Smith. So he was eligible to I'm off the injured list today, but unfortunately just that back pain that he's been dealing with, which when he spoke with the media, he talked about just a disc that he was feeling and how that was really of creating, whether it's inflammation, some irritation. So unfortunately, he's not ready just yet. Dave Roberts did say that he's likely going to have a shot to help with some of the pain and help manage that. But it's gonna take a day essentially for him to be shut down, and then he's gonna have to build up in regard to just making sure that he has a day in which he feels healthy in some time. So for him, it is gonna take a little bit longer than they had originally hoped. They thought it was just going to be the ten day at Ilston, but for will Smith just he needs a bit more. They do feel like he is continuing to feel better, but the hope is once he gets that shot that he can really be back in the right direction to then we could be seeing him and being activated and ready to go.
Speaker 1: Far.
Speaker 4: Are some good injury news.
Speaker 6: Edwin Diaz, who had those bodies removed from his elbow last month, he's getting close.
Speaker 4: He's getting close.
Speaker 12: He actually threw his first bullpin today, so he was able to get off the mound. Dave Roberts shared that he threw about fifteen pitches in total all fastball, so it is gonna still take him sometime, but this is a huge first step. I mean, the surgery really was not too long ago. And then you even have someone in Blake Snow who is now he's not throwing a bullpin just yet, but he's stretching out with his long toss. So you're really seeing these guys that are bouncing back and are going to be available here sooner than I think maybe you could have imagined. It's still looking like a second half return, but like not necessarily a late second half, there's more likelihood that we could be seeing him even sooner just because he's progressing so well.
Speaker 4: So good news is.
Speaker 12: That he was able to get off the bound today. We'll see how he feels tomorrow, but he's gonna take the traditional full build up time, so he'll have to do some more bullpins and mixing his full pitch mix. Then he'll do his rehab assignment and go from there. But today was a very good and a very big step for Edwin ds.
Speaker 6: That is a huge step because the Dodgers' bullpen needs some more arms down there, especially as we get closer to the All Star break here soon.
Speaker 4: We appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David va segoes on on what with the Hall of Famer Jim Palmer. But we'll also get you an injury report when we come back, and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. That's next Dodgers and Orioles. First bitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season log.
Speaker 6: Moronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck continus on this Friday night says, we lead you out to Dodger at Orioles Marongo Casino Resort in Spa, a grand slam for a good times. Roki Sasaki on the mount, first pitch coming up at seven ten. This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He's not hurt, he's not in the lineup tonight, and he's away from the team show. Hey Otani is away on paternity, so congratulations to him. He expected to be back with the Dodgers at some point this weekend for this series against the Orioles.
Speaker 4: Will Smith on the il with the neck inflammation. He's going to.
Speaker 6: Get an injection to hopefully help him out. Tyler Glass now on the il with the backspasms. Rock Stewart, Blake Snell both trying to work their way back, as is Edwin Diaz, who threw a bullpen session earlier today.
Speaker 4: Carston was talking about that. So starting to.
Speaker 6: Get some guys healthy and starting to trend in the right direction as far as the injuries are concerned. Let's have back out to the ravine and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 9: Anything else for fun question? Can you just described Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 13: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, It's going to take more time how to scan recently and you know, the results were sort of fine, nothing really bad. But I think he's going to get some type of you know, shot to kind of minimize the kind of the sensation or whatever. But he feels okay, not great, and I think for us we're just trying to make sure that we don't have a setback when he comes back. So I think that's kind of the pause. So he won't be active this weekend, and then now the question is is it going to travel? So I think right now we just got to figure out, you know, where he's at as we get through the weekend.
Speaker 1: That shot.
Speaker 12: Is that one of those things where you do to shut him down for a little bit.
Speaker 1: I know, the build up for position players just a little.
Speaker 12: Bit different, but you have to shut them down and get them ramped up again.
Speaker 13: I think with that it would be just like a day, you know, you just kind of have a day to kind of let it set.
Speaker 10: This issue that.
Speaker 13: Not that I'm aware of, but I'll get clarity on it. I just found out.
Speaker 1: Evandas threw up on them today.
Speaker 13: Yeah, ed went through fifteen pitches and it was kind of I think ninety one to ninety three, so really good. Mark was encouraged and so just all fastballs, but really really positive day for Edwin.
Speaker 1: What do you think over the next two weeks the progression will.
Speaker 13: Look by grab I think it's going to be I mean, hopefully, you know, I mean, I don't think it's going to be too aggressive, But I hope that we just keep moving forward and you know, throwing a handful of bullpens and you face some live hitters and then you just go out on a you know, handful of three to five rehab assignments and then your back. So you know, given that it's a one inning stint, it shouldn't be too long of a build up. But Eddie feels great. The bullpen went well, so those are all good.
Speaker 4: Signs, like he's kind of stretching it a.
Speaker 10: Little bit more. Is he close?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 9: He is?
Speaker 13: He is?
Speaker 1: I talked to.
Speaker 13: Blake the other day before the off day and said that it's just coming out really easy and he's stretching it out. So I don't know what day they're targeting as far as him getting you know, throwing a pen, but he's pretty amped up.
Speaker 14: How did TAM's SI get go tail? Went well?
Speaker 13: Went well, got out of it well, feels good And from what I understand, he's going to go out on an assignment early next week.
Speaker 9: Do you know which affiliate yet?
Speaker 13: You know what I don't. My assumption would probably be triple A just for the competition piece of it.
Speaker 4: And how long do.
Speaker 14: You think he would be.
Speaker 1: He obviously hasn't been out the long that you talked about, maybe unlike last year.
Speaker 13: How do you go the Yeah, I don't see it under four or five games, to be honest with you, because you know, the first you know, game's probably going to be two innings or to at bats and then another two or three. So I just don't see it being less than four or five games.
Speaker 4: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Robert.
Speaker 6: It's a good injury up there there from the skipper as far as we're guys standing, including to Oscar Hernandez, who's going to go out on a minor league rehab assignment with that hamstring, so.
Speaker 4: That it's good news. But we continue here on WRONGO Casino Dodgers on Deck. We check in with David Vassa.
Speaker 6: Yes, get to the latest from DV as the Dodgers play host of the Baltimore Orioles on this Friday night Mookie Bets Game seven double play Bobblehead giveaway from Unico Field at Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim kats Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 15: Ohudi, your network, as we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and Orioles interleague series from Dodgers STANDI and Rookie Sasaki and Trey Gibson.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup tonight.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpto, born in La and made for your game day. L Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table every single time.
Speaker 4: L Poto go or may in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DV.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it was a surprise or not, but for a lot of Dodger evans to see Show Otani not in the line but now finding out he's on paternity leave, that's kind of a shocker.
Speaker 14: Yeah, a little bit of a surprise. I can tell you this.
Speaker 5: I talked to Otani about baseball, his blister and sometimes his left knee, but not about his personal stuff. He's very private, and yeah, this took us by surprise. But Show Heyo Tani is away from the team on paternity. He's not going on any sort of list. The Dodgers will play a man short until he returns later in this series.
Speaker 6: All right, David, the Dodgers, we heard from Dave Roberts just a few minutes ago. You get the feeling that guys are starting to trend in the right direction as far as health.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and look, I think by July, tim the Dodgers are going to be very whole as a team, especially in their bullpen.
Speaker 14: Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 5: I watched him throw his bullpen session today. It looked like he was ready to go for the ninth inning. And Dave Roberts even conceded it's not going to take many rehab appearances for Diaz to get ready to rejoin the Dodgers. And you talk about Brock Stewart, who's wrapping up a rehab appearance. You're talking about Evan Phillips coming back the first week of July. All of a sudden, now the Dodger bolt is looking a lot different. And I could tell you this, Blake Snell is going to throw off the mound before the end of June.
Speaker 14: So he's on his way back.
Speaker 5: And I would say there's a very good chance Blake Snell makes a start before the All Star break.
Speaker 14: And you just got tom Y Edmond back.
Speaker 5: So the Dodgers are looking pretty good as they go down the stretch run. All that being said, they had the best record in baseball and a nine game lead in the NL West.
Speaker 14: That's pretty scary for the rest of the league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look out. When this team gets healthy, they are really going to take off.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving every day today will pay off tomorrow, those who drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to.
Speaker 4: Come right now.
Speaker 6: Ford is offering employee pricing to everybody American values. For American values, go to your Southern California at Ford Dealer today or visit by Ford now dot com. Yesterday was an off day, David, but you were put to work.
Speaker 14: I was, and it was for a good cause.
Speaker 5: I was out in LA when move bets in the fifty to fifty Foundation. Instead of having a boring old golf tournament, Mooki chose his other passion.
Speaker 14: No, not bowling, but pickleball.
Speaker 5: He put together his second annual pickleball smash benefiting his fifty to fifty Foundation.
Speaker 14: A few of his teammates showed up there.
Speaker 5: Terrell Owens was out there, Tim Nicholas Cage was out there as well, and somehow I got recruited to be the live auctioneer and we raised close to one hundred thousand dollars during that period of time.
Speaker 14: So I didn't train wreck anything.
Speaker 5: It went to a good cause and I was grateful that I was able to help.
Speaker 4: Did you swing the paddle a little bit, David you involved?
Speaker 5: I did not, but I hung out with Will Smith and Nick. His neck you could tell it wasn't feeling one hundred percent even at that event. But it was great that him and his wife Kara showed up. But just talking to him Tim, you could tell the neck was not feeling one hundred percent great. And that's part of the reason why Dave Roberts said he got an injection. He has taken some anti inflammatories, but he was in good spirits. But obviously the neck is still a little bit of.
Speaker 9: An issue, no doubt.
Speaker 6: All right, David Gray stuff, I'll check back you with you just a little bit coming up here. I'm wrong because you know Dodgers on deck. Dave's gonna go one on one with Jim Palmer. Yeah, the Hall of Famer. We'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't you go anywhere to lead? Jump to Dodgers and Orioles on this Friday night. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers a Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunter on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Orioles Interleague Series. Dodgers winners a three straight over Tampa Bay to start the holmestand with the sweep over the Rays Rookie Sasaki and Trey Gibson. The pitching matchup tonight, first pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 14: Who wins that hot Good?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well, we go back to September tenth, twenty nineteen, pre COVID Dodgers on the road in Baltimore, Camden Yards taken on the Orioles. This point of the season, the Dodgers looking to win a division again.
Speaker 11: One ball to strikes two out Ferguson set the pitch to Trombo call strike three.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers win.
Speaker 11: After being in first place for all but six days the entire season, the Dodgers have won their seventh consecutive National League Western Division title, once again the best in the West, as they beat the Orioles tonight seven to three.
Speaker 6: A celebration on the field in Baltimore back in twenty nineteen as the Dodgers clinched the NL West for the seventh straight season. Never get told this Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs Hoffey so Coow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, Local and so great.
Speaker 4: When we continue here.
Speaker 6: On Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check you out with Rick Monday also coming up. In ten minutes, you're gonna hear from the Hall of Famer Jim Palmer. So we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Orioles on this Friday night. I'm Tim Katsis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers in Baltimore Orioles on this Friday night, Rookie Sasaki, Tray Gibson, the pitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your SoCal Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Maasse Here's La Dodgers brought asked there and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 14: Rick, I'm not sure you heard, but I got a warmer.
Speaker 9: Heard I heard? And are you okay?
Speaker 8: Because I know this had to be a very difficult afternoon for you.
Speaker 9: David.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Well I'm okay.
Speaker 9: Rick.
Speaker 5: I don't think I'll be going to Rancho Cucamonga anytime soon.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't think you'll have the option. I've already talked to local police. They're going to set up barricades already for those that don't understand. As we're driving in today that Petros and Money evidently needed someone to.
Speaker 9: Fill a couple of minutes.
Speaker 8: And then what to David mad saying, well, you were out in that other county. Yeah, and you were not warmly greeted over the phone a call in good thing you were not there in person?
Speaker 5: Yes, and I can guarantee I probably will never be in person in Rancho Kuckamoga only driving through.
Speaker 8: Well, you're right, but let me just remind you that will not be on your choice that you will not be there.
Speaker 9: How about this Dodger Bauklub. I mean, Charlie and I talked about it.
Speaker 8: But you know now nine games out in front, they've won three in a row. This is the ball club, David that I told Charlie. And interesting in what you think is you talk to the guys down there also, as good a baseball as they're playing, I get the feeling that that group down there really truly believes that they can play better than what they are.
Speaker 5: That's one hundred percent true, Rick, And one I think part of that, excuse me for the rough part of that is because these.
Speaker 8: Guys really care and their expectations are maybe higher than other people.
Speaker 5: And also Freddie Freeman said on Wednesday, Rick, they're never going to get too far ahead of themselves, because once you do that, that's when things start to go side and.
Speaker 9: Have a rocky road between now and the end of the season.
Speaker 8: It may be, you know, it may be a couple of different rocky roads, but not even navigation download on your phone will help.
Speaker 9: But this is a.
Speaker 8: Ball club that obviously they need to get healthy. Some guys are on the horizon now in getting healthy, including the Oscar Hernandez who may go out next week, as Dave Roberts are saying, maybe play four or five games and then be able to come back, kind of ease them back into the lineup. Tommy Edmund just came back. That adds more depth to this game as well.
Speaker 14: Maybe you can answer this question.
Speaker 5: I know it's all speculation, but with Will Smith and his neck, a lot of times those things are not just something that occurred. He caught a record amount of innings during the World Series last year. How much do you believe that was the residual of or what we're seeing now as a residual of that.
Speaker 8: Well, if I have to talk to Will about it, he's not going to let me inside, just as he's not going to let you inside of the heel.
Speaker 9: How many foul balls has he taken off the mask?
Speaker 8: I mean, that's the other part we hear now about umpires is that have next issues as a result of getting hit squarely or even off the side of the mat. That's a tremendous blow. And you're absorbing a great deal of energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I believe if not last year, the year before he was out for an extended period of time, do you to taking a couple of foul balls off the mask and having concussion symptoms.
Speaker 8: So I'll take the doctors are going to rush that issue because they that's the beauty of doing it.
Speaker 9: I say to this before. I've had a couple of days.
Speaker 8: Ago talking to the great doctor Neil Latrage about injuries and surgeries. And Charlie Steiner and I were talking to the good doctor downstairs a few years ago and he was talking about some rehab guys from surgery. Says there are no shortcuts in the rehabilitation following his surgery, and no shortcuts to kind of bypass getting back and being healthy of an injury itself.
Speaker 5: The good news is the Dodgers have a capable catcher and Dalton rushing.
Speaker 14: Not a lot of teams have that.
Speaker 8: No, it's a luxury, but you know, he's going to get tired if he's going just about every day, so we may see, yeah, we may see a rest here and there. And this is a ball club that I truly believe that, you know, good things have yet to come. You know, don't look beyond the regular season because the postseason, as we know, is a different animal.
Speaker 5: Baseball's best record looking at add to it tonight, Rick, we'll check back in with you and Charlie.
Speaker 9: By the way, we're gonna get names of those people that food.
Speaker 14: You that was you gonna send flowers.
Speaker 8: I tell you, I almost had a cheer in my e almost.
Speaker 5: Oh my biggest cheering section right in the front row here with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner send it back to you all right, Thanks a.
Speaker 4: Lot, guys.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball's presented by uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclo dot com, slash us still to come here on Morongo because you know, Dodgers on deck before first pitch you preview of this pitching matchup. Charlie and Rick love those.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game.
Speaker 6: But up next we go high and tight with Jim Palmer, the Hall of Famer and broadcaster for the Baltimore Orioles leading you up to first pitch on this Friday night, Tim Kates and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodger Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Baltimore Orioles. Dodgers forty eight and twenty seven on the season, fresh off a sweep of the Tampa Bay Rays, who also play in the Al East.
Speaker 4: The Baltimore Ools come in thirty five and forty one.
Speaker 6: They're eleven and a half games back at the Yankees in the division. Only the Boston Red Sox have a worst record in the AL East. The Dodgers in a stretch here of twelve straight games against teams in the American League. Rookie Sasaki Trey Gibson. The pitching matchup will dive deeper.
Speaker 4: Into the numbers.
Speaker 6: Is Gibson as a Rookie Minor League Pitcher of the Year a year ago for this organization. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: When the Orioles are back at Dodgers Stadium, it's hard not to remember nineteen sixty six in the World Series, the Baltimore Orioles sweeping Sandy Cofax, Don Drysdale, Morey Will's and the Dodgers, and a twenty year old right hander that would eventually find himself in the Hall of Fame pitched a complete game shutout in Game two of the World Series, outdueling his hero, Sandykofax, and that is the one and only Hall of Famer Jim Palmer. Jim, thanks a lot for the time appreciating.
Speaker 16: Well, you're welcome. Well, let's get something straight. That's a long time ago. That's what sixty two years ago. I was twenty, Sandy was thirty. I didn't outduel him. You know, he threw I think twenty three of the first twenty seven pitches for strikes. It was nothing, nothing going into the fifth inning, and we had two routine five walls to center field, and well, I mean, like today it's bright. It was kind of you know, you know how La can be a little bit, I know, slightly overcast. But Sonny and he just dropped him. And after the whole world because it was the World Series, knew that he couldn't catch a fly ball, he picked it up and threw in the dugout. So we ended up winning six to nothing. And I tell people all the time, because you know, I grew up in New York, I was you know, I was an adopted I was a Yankee fan. But when I moved to California, obviously you're you're a Dodger fan. I used to go to the Coliseum when I went to high school. I moved over to Arizona and went to high school in Arizona, and the Dodgers actually brought me over. They wanted me to go to SC for a year, and I went to Rod Dato's backyard barbecue.
Speaker 10: He was coaching at SC. They wanted me to go there for a year.
Speaker 16: They signed Jeff Torborg instead of me in nineteen sixty four, and as it turned out, I said, well.
Speaker 10: You can't give me a Conjra, Oh no, no, we can't do that.
Speaker 16: So I ended up signing with the Oils, and so then we arrived at the World Series, and of course the Dodgers and won. You know, they beat the Twins in sixty five, beat the Yankees in sixty three. They were all about you know, basically, you know, Drysdale and Cofax.
Speaker 10: And he also had Maury Willis, who had stolen one hundred bases.
Speaker 16: Tommy Davis, who would eventually play with us, is one of the I mean, if you go back and look before he broke his ankle, I mean what he hit three forty and hit I mean, you know, he could outrun everybody on the team except Willie Davis. So but they didn't have a great, you know, a great offensive team. And but for us, you know, I'm watching Drysdale. Kovex didn't pitch the first game because of the Jewish holidays, so Don started, and Brooks and Frank Robinson hit home runs in the first inning, and I go, wait a minute, maybe we have to actually have a chance to be competitive in this World Series. Dave McNally started for US. He's I had won fifteen games that Mack had won thirteen. But he was a couple of years older, so I think they wanted more experience. Plus he was left hand. I had a great pickoff move. And the Dodgers, you know they they they beat you by one run because of Kovax, Drysdale and their speed. So I Mojabowski came in in relief and struck out eleven Dodgers and six and two thirds innings. And I'm you know, at twenty I'm sitting there and I'm going all I want to do tomorrow is not embarrass myself because I was pitching against Coofax. I mean, I knew how good Sandy was, and I you know, I mean he turned out it was his last year at age thirty because of Elbro problems. But he was like twenty seven and nine with a one seventy something me or a with three hundred innings and three hundred strikeouts. I mean, he was Sandy Kofax. And I just went out there and Willie Davis helped me win. And I always tell people, I wonder what have been like to try to beat Cofax nothing and nothing in the seventh inning because I had never pitched a shutout in the major leagues before, So.
Speaker 10: Again set to set the record straight on the Kofax.
Speaker 16: Pitch very well, Sandy pitch Gray, and he was one of the you know, one of the one of the one of the greatest pitchers ever. And I tell people about hitting off them, and you know everybody talks about tunneling now, where you throw pitches out of the same same tunnel, the same release point. I was on deck and Andy etchebarant about swinging a three high fastballs, but he couldn't get the bat going, and I could hit a little bit of one of my first game in the big leagues with a home run off at Jim Bouten, and he throws me the first fastball and it exploded. It was like fastball came up to home, played in the lobby and ended up in the upper mess as a need. So I said, but you know, I used Frank Robinson's our sixty one. So I said, I've got to choke up a little bit. He threw me exactly the same pitch, except it was his curveball, and it ended up in the lower basement. And I'm going now I understand why Sandy Kofax is Sandy Kovcs.
Speaker 5: I would say, Jim Palmer, he had a pretty good plan. He's in the hall of fame, one of the greatest right handers, a lifetime era under three Jim special to be here, special to share you with Dodger fans that remember the sixty six World Series, and obviously fans that even didn't see it know how great you were. So thank you for the time, really appreciating.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, and maybe they could give me a clue. As Vinn he used to always.
Speaker 16: Say, late arriving early to partying, how do you get out of the parking lot here?
Speaker 14: You didn't have to worry about that, Jim.
Speaker 10: Well, not back then.
Speaker 14: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 10: Oh you're welcome.
Speaker 5: My pleasure, Jim Palmer will receive a gift card a Capitol Grill and Burbank with a Father's Day steakhouse experience built around dry age steaks, exceptional service, and a meal that feels truly special. It's not too late to make your reservation. It's coming up this Sunday, Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 6: All right, Thanks lot, DV Capital Grill and Burbank sounds real good for Father's Day. Leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Orioles on this Friday night Mookie Bets Game seven, double play bobble ahead for the first forty thousand and attendant tilf You're picking one up as you make your way through the turnstiles as we lead you up to first pitch at seven ten, up next full type deeper of this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere? I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Oh do you know where?
Speaker 1: This is? Morongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue season.
Speaker 6: Long and the Dodgers and Baltimore Orioles on this Friday nights again no show. Hey Otani not in the lineup away from the team. He is away on paternity as he is expected though sum back at some point this weekend with the Dodgers not on full paternity leave, so they did not make.
Speaker 4: A roster move.
Speaker 6: But Shoeotani not with the team tonight, first pitch from Uniclo Field that Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Trey Gibson on the mound for Baltimore twenty four year old rookie right hander one and two with the five to ninety one ERA, signed as an undrafted free agent out of Liberty in twenty twenty three. Was the twenty twenty five Orioles Minor League Pitcher of the Year. How'd this guy go?
Speaker 4: Undrafted?
Speaker 6: Started this year in Triple A six starts two and two, four all one. ERA was called up last month. Made his first or fifth start already now this year. Sixth appearance tonight, sinker, cutter, slider, kurve ball last time out, four to third innings, six runs, three hits, two home runs, five walks, and a loss to the Padres. This is his first time obviously facing the Dodgers. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers three and four with a four to seventy six erra The twenty four year old now in his second season with the Blue making his thirteenth start this season, looking for his first win since May twenty third. Last time out was a rough one for Rokie. Four to third innings, seven runs, seven hits, four strikeouts, three walks. Before that seven shutout innings SOO ten strikeouts. It'll win against the Angels Rookie Sasaki has been really effective at home this year, then on the road.
Speaker 4: Six home starts.
Speaker 6: At Unicole Field the Dodgers Stadium A three twenty six RRA compared to away from Dodgers Stadium Rookie Sasaki in six road.
Speaker 4: Games A six nineteen ERRA.
Speaker 6: It's Rookie Sasaki and the rookie Trey Gibson Dodgers and Orioles on this Friday Mookie Bets Game seven, Double Play Bobblehead Nights, First pitch fifteen minutes away.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere? Keys to the game.
Speaker 6: Our next, I'm Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Baltimore Orioles. Oriols looking to get back into the race of the American League East. Dodgers running away with things in the NL West of the nine game lead over the San Diego Padres, who by the way, are in action right now down in Arlington, Texas. They trail the Rangers seven to six of the six inning Dodgers nine games up on the Padres as we speak, nine and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks, who are at home tonight in the desert taking on the Minnesota Twins. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start, Great Moments, Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste. Priate friend Saporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Saporo good with sushi, great with baseball. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth.
Speaker 4: Charlie Steiner, at.
Speaker 11: Rickmunday, guys Tim as the Dodgers get ready for the first of this three games series with the Orioles.
Speaker 7: Roki Sasaki against Trey Gibson. Sasaki his last start, he struggled. The start before that, he was.
Speaker 8: Outstanding, Yeah he was, and maybe too many pitches. I don't think there's any question about the last outing two starts ago. He went to seven endings, no runs on two hints. He struck out ten, walked only two batters. But if we look at the last outing, and that was against the White Sox in Chicago. He went just four and a third and it took him ninety one pitches. In fact, he did not throw a very high percentage of strikes. We'll find out how he attacks it tonight because the success that we've had, We've talked very seriously about the fact Sasaki when he is on and pitching well, he's attacking the strikes one.
Speaker 1: Per in four.
Speaker 11: In the four seventy six ra trade, Gibson is going for the Orioles one up, two down in an era of nearly six.
Speaker 8: And what I would suggested is looking at some numbers for the Dodgers hitters. Be patient because he has not thrown a high percentage of strikes early in the counts against the opposing teams the other four starts that he's had this year, first of three.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers and the Baltimore Orioles lineups in first pitch coming up.
Speaker 6: Tim, All right, don't forget Dodger fans when this one is over. David Basta has got you covered with all the postgame festivities. He's got all the highlights and reaction from the clubhouse and also Dodger talk as well. This has been Morogo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio Net.
Speaker 4: We're going join the game. Everybody