Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, the room just got way cooler.
Speaker 2: Darryl Thompson in the building, Mike Grim in the building. I think you bring the ask.
Speaker 1: Aryl super cool cool whatever. The room in general though, got cooler.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anytime DT's are out, it's it's cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The last time you guys were here, I was in France, but I was listening. I was on a train listening to the Power to a Morning tow and you guys were talking nonsense.
Speaker 2: Or we're always talking at always. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good to see Darryl. I haven't seen you in a while. Man, good to see you.
Speaker 2: There we go, got it, we're on that. We're good. No, it's good to be here. Good time.
Speaker 3: Got to learn the button system every time I can. I'm not here like a footstool. I don't know, it's just I think i'm six one, but here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly five foot four in Deryld Thompson over here, Daryl, Alexis, Grim Alexis.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys have ever crossed on the show together, but for sure, here we go.
Speaker 2: You know, I always want to make sure. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the unwritten rule when you when you run into somebody that you don't.
Speaker 2: Remember their name.
Speaker 1: If you say, oh, this is my wife Angie and that's the cue that she but I don't if I didn't introduce the other person, Yeah, I don't remember that person yet, so you should introduce yourself or whatever. So I just want to make sure so there's no awkwardness at Also, do you know each other?
Speaker 2: You know very good, and there we go.
Speaker 1: So DT, I've been told that there's something about January that you wanted to talk about some hawk set on Texas, like a mentor month or something.
Speaker 3: The national mentoring month for they total United States.
Speaker 2: So it's a good month.
Speaker 3: And you know, working in Boulder Options, I've been there now for thirty years, this is a big deal for us, for Big Bo's, Big Sisters, for Kinship, for all the other mentoring organizations around the country. But this month we really try to highlight mentoring and try to get people involved. And the last time I came on you guys a show, we got like about a half dozen guys that stepped up and started mentoring. So so now we got to come in a couple of weeks ago and he's like, I said, Hey, how to your body? I heard you on the radio and side decided to come in and you know, become a mentor. So it's very much appreciated. You got some some groat folks listening.
Speaker 1: That's cool. And it sounds like you get six or seven. That makes a huge difference. We're not asking for nine thousand different people, right you just.
Speaker 2: Thousand would be nice.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we hit on nine thousand, but realistically, the more the merrier, right, you get six or seven more today, that's fantastic.
Speaker 3: It would be fantastic. Definitely be fantastic. That's really cool.
Speaker 1: I think almost everybody on this show at our ages could still use a mentor too, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone involved in your life.
Speaker 3: You know, you just need to get someone involved, someone that cares, and someone listening to you and it really makes an impact.
Speaker 4: Darrey'll tell us about the kids that you're help and how you find them, how they find you, and what the connection means.
Speaker 2: Then when they go through your.
Speaker 3: Program, well they get referred to work with kids here in the Twin City, so they're ten to fourteen years old, so it's Minneapolis, the First Ring suburbs of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Speaker 2: Then also in Rochester.
Speaker 3: We've been in Rochester now for about eighteen or nineteen years, and they get referred from social workers and counselors as someone they could use to have a positive role model involved in their life, you know, and like you know, Mike, you need positive.
Speaker 2: Role models always. That's why I hang out with these guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then the goal is through It's through activities and through healthy people being around them, and then just people pouring into them and care about them. I think a lot of times mentors feel like they're going to, you know, come and repair fix this young man or young Ladi's life and worth like fifty to fifty. It's young men, the per have the people in the program, the young lazier. They're happy to people in the program, but just being around positive people and having some activities and like, I mean today it's brutally cold out. I mean, so I got out my coat didn't work. I felt like, this coat is not working. This is a winter color in the sun, and they went right through it. So we have like a relationship with the why So today, a day like today of the ym C might be a place where the mentors and mentees would go, but otherwise we have activities. We're running, we're biking, or fishing. We've done ice fishing too, so I mean we're probably not ice fishing today, but there'll be a lot of different activities that our mentors and mentees do over the course of a year.
Speaker 2: What do you ask of the mentees.
Speaker 4: Then let's say there's some adults listening, Maybe you could add another ten people that to to your stable because there's always a need right in terms of uh, there's you could you could help more kids if you had more mentors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think as far as for a mentor just be to just to get involved, just to sign up and take the time. So you're looking for one time per week for a year. We know there's holidays. You know today is the holiday, and there's Christmas, and there's North of July and there's all kinds of different holidays. So there's we're going to say that probably forty five or fifty times over the course of a year that you're going to get together with that game person. We're going to provide the activities. So, yeah, you can run, you can bike, you can hunt, you can do a lot of different things. We're not hunting, I shouldn't said that, but we're doing a lot of different activities over the course of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fantastic, it's really cool. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: You know, we've had we just you know, there's games and other activities too, So there's you know, just about anything you can imagine. It's kind of fun activity around with the with the parks and everything else around on the Twin Cities and then Rochester.
Speaker 2: We're going to take advantage of them. And you have so many success stories.
Speaker 4: You said the ratio is fifty to fifty whether it's male or female, boys and girls. But the ratio of success once a young person gets mentorship for the year that you talk about, the success rate is definitely better than fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: It's high, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean the national average as far as like a mentor and mentee lasting for a year is around forty five percent, and we're probably around eighty percent. Wow, And I say that a lot of it because we have fun, we're engaging, and we are going to pour into the youth and we try to find and listen to them. Over the years were both often has been around about thirty two or thirty three years now, we're just listening to the parents and listening to the caregivers. You find out a lot about what they do, what they'd like to do, and you know so and it's especially in you know, it's a challenging time right now on our city. So we're you know, we're listening and working with our families as best as we can.
Speaker 1: So the best way to get involved is to go to the website. Is there an application on the site. Yeah, the easiest way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: You can go right to the website and there's an application on the site, and there's a phone number on the site, and they're just kind of, you know, everything you need is there.
Speaker 1: There's bolder options dot org dot or bolder without a U, got you and bolder People assume that it's from Colorado.
Speaker 2: Did start in Colorado? Daryl?
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen a better turnaround than what the Hoosiers are currently doing in any sport?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I Mike and I were talking about I've talked to other people be like, oh, why can't we like, I mean, I've never seen anything like Oh Signittty. You know, it was lunch with my daughter and she goes I like that guy. She doesn't doesn't know a whole lot about like football. She's like, I'd follow that guy off a cliff. Yeah, whatever he said.
Speaker 2: But he's right.
Speaker 3: They're drinking the kool aid. Every the right mixes are at Indiana for the passion, the community, the support, and they got the coach and he's I think all great coaches are tremendous psychologists. And he reminds me of like did Jimmy Johnson, Like Jimmy Johnson's like, you know, you got you know there's he's one of those guys that's got those guys believing, and they're believing right now, and shit, probably hopefully they win tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's nuts, and there'll be three straight years for the Big Ten. You're familiar, of course with Indiana athletics. You're you, you're on a first name basis with their athletic director. Your son played basketball there for five years, so you you've got an idea, you how many trips did you guys make to Bloomington over the course for those five years. Did you ever think in Bloomington, Indiana, they would have a football factory there all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: No, No, I never I mean, I just you, I think your place, like Indiania, was thinking basketball, like, you know, it's basketball there, it's Kentucky, it's a blue blood's like Duke and things like that. And I just really felt the same thing about Indiana. I said, you know, they got it, and I thought Allen was doing the kind of and he kind of seemed like you had it going there for a little bit.
Speaker 2: And they fired him.
Speaker 3: They brought in signetti and then the funny quote about you know, google me, I'm a winner.
Speaker 2: And oh, yeah, Google, I'll google you're you are a winner. Yeah. I remember two in his first year.
Speaker 4: You know you and I go to the Big Ten football media days every year, and this was in Indianapolis when he got you know, his first year, and he was just so brazen about like there was no question he was going to turn it around. And I remember thinking, this guy is well, I actually I think the word I thought was delusional. I think this guy is delusional. I mean everyone has tried in Indiana, no one has done it. And he's talking about we're going to try to make playoffs. He had a lot of stuff going for him. There's no doubt though that that you know, part of the turnaround was that he could coach. So they go to the playoffs, they get beat my Door Dame, and people think, okay, it's a one hit wonder, you know, good luck. And nowhere in Vegas last August, and he's up there and like the third thing he says, he says, people are asking me, how do we maintain it? Maintain it, We're going to improve it. And I'm like, this guy is delusional. And now now he's probably going to win the national title tonight. So it's a remarkable.
Speaker 1: Anybody think Miami can hang with them and tonight or not, they can hang. I mean, so what is it eight and a half? I think so second and a half. So I just got the defense.
Speaker 2: They got it. They got a defense that I mean.
Speaker 3: I was really impressed by the way they played against Ohio State when they won the battle and they turned to sar it'll be it'll be a challenge, but I think Indiana just a little bit better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then and look, you know, when you get to this point, there's NFL guys everywhere, so that gives you a shot, like like like Miami's got some NFL players on that roster. Their defensive coordinator, by the way, was the Golden Golfer defensive coordinator last year, Corey Heatherman. So they came in and swiped him away. And he's not dealing with minus three degrees.
Speaker 1: No, it's idiot brutal.
Speaker 4: So he's living in Miami and living the dream plan for the national title tonight as well.
Speaker 2: Are you guys Carson Beck believers or not? Yeah? A little bit, Yeah, yeah. I think he's a very very talented quarterback.
Speaker 3: I mean injured and come back, but I think, yeah, I'm I'm a I'm a believer in Tyson back because I.
Speaker 1: Mean he was, like Carson was like the what number one projected pick a year or two ago? Right, So then he just fell off the face of the earth and then went back to school. I wonder if this is going to change his story a little bit, that he's making this run.
Speaker 4: That's a good question. But you're right, his his like, his his stats are okay, you know, they're not as good as Mendoza, who is Kirk Cousins. You're right that, yes they're twins. Think that the twins that that interview after which game was it? Was it the Rose Bowl or the Ohio State game where he's like literally think it was the Big Ten title.
Speaker 2: He's looking in the.
Speaker 4: Camera like delivering a motivational speech or something.
Speaker 2: I thought this was a politician.
Speaker 1: That was the first time the country. Yeah right, I had right. I had never heard him talk before. Then I'm like, oh, this guy's a total dork. And again that's coming from me, but like that, I've just never seen a guy go number one that has that kind of a personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: For me, it was when he won the Heisman and he was given that speech. I was like, oh, this this is you know, he seems like a sweet kid and just like the way he talked about his mom, and he was very well spoken. And then that was the first interview where I really saw him for like an extended period time. Then he was on the post game show and he's sitting at the desk talking. I'm like, he's better than some of us who do this for a living.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's He's cushing it. The comparison to Cousins. Going back to the Big Ten media Day, I don't know how long ago that was had to be. When he had been back, he was each year they used to do the Big Ten luncheon and so they would pick one football player to speak at it, and Cousins was the guy. It was one of the better ones we ever saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he has incredible so similar with with how they speak and talk.
Speaker 1: Darryl, since we're talking football, you obviously were a Green Bay Packer and over the weekend they extended their coach for our Packer fans listening good news, good news or bad news.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the Floris I mean, I think it's still really really hard to find coach. I mean, you could find, you can pick somebody, as we saw, a couple of guys got rehired like within twenty four hours of being fired from there from the current position. But I think I think Laflor's a he's I think he's a good coach and he's worth them more time.
Speaker 1: I think it would have been nuts to fire a guy with that record, unless there's something behind the scenes that we don't know that he's there's some kind of riff or somebody doesn't like him in the front office.
Speaker 2: Otherwise he's just that they.
Speaker 3: Don't lose Parsons this year's they're probably it's a tremendous loss, I meaning the Bears finally lost last night.
Speaker 2: I mean it was like I was like, Wow, this is it looks like they're going.
Speaker 7: That was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know who the most relieved man in the world is is number fourteen, whoever that is for. For the l A Rams that that was going to be the easiest interception he's ever had, and then somehow he he missed.
Speaker 2: Playing the end zone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the guy guarding the tight end. I mean they were just about to push off, but that was like the just go catch the ball, the game's over. But he somehow misjudged it and he's relieved today, I promise you.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of guys debating this online because somebody posted that some advanced and a litt said that when Caleb let it go, he had like a seventeen point eight percent chance of completion. And the comeback on Twitter was, if your model says that you have a seventeen point eight percent chance to complete that pass, then you need a new model.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, that's a little that seems way.
Speaker 1: High with back pedaling Rams in your forty yard line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was the line of scrimmage was like the thirteen or thirteen or fourteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but just to chuck it up from forty yards and and and.
Speaker 2: Rainbow it not falling back.
Speaker 1: That gives everybody a chance to get over there and knock it down.
Speaker 2: But then when you see it when the camera pans back, and.
Speaker 7: It was technically yeah, like what.
Speaker 4: That Yeah, even like when the ball is halfway in the air, furteen is positioned to intercept it, like it's halfway there. He did.
Speaker 3: He's exactly what he was doing. He was throwing up there. I'm throwing up there to my guy. I'm throwing it up to my you know I'm doing. You got to go up and make it play here and it was four down eleven, you got there's no choice. Yeah, you gotta make a play. I mean because the Rams actually played it perfect. Yeah, I mean they bottled and there can't.
Speaker 2: We can't. We didn't let them. Everyone kind of stayed in their lanes.
Speaker 3: Don't let them square it outside us before they let him break contain a couple times. Don't let him break contain, you know, there did n't. And he threw it up back in the corner and the guy got a push off, which you always will offensively, and there you go.
Speaker 1: So if he's back pedaling to the forty and you have three rams that are about to sack him. What what number would you guys give it percent chance that he completes that.
Speaker 6: Pass him specifically or any quarterback, but.
Speaker 5: Even even him McCarthy would have thrown it at their feet.
Speaker 7: I would say anything over five.
Speaker 2: Percent, is I agree? I agreed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, somewhere in the one and twenty Yeah yeah maybe yeah, one in twenty is five r So somewhere between one and five percent, seventeen percent.
Speaker 2: How is that? I don't know. Yeah, it seems incredible.
Speaker 4: I mean, the third and eleven's only converted like seventeen percent of the time. Let alone a guy forty yards behind their thirty yards behind the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 6: I think if you put a quarterback in that position and have that play happened fifty times.
Speaker 1: It's maybe caught, yeah once or twice, once or twice, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Maybe you're getting sacked a handful of times, you're throwing it out of bounds a handful of times, you're turning it over a handful of times.
Speaker 7: It's getting caught once or twice.
Speaker 4: That play was you know, you watch enough football over the years you don't get surprised by much. But that was like, uh, like you audibly have to say something, even if you're sitting there watching it by.
Speaker 1: Yourself, which that that almost says right there, it can't be one of five times because everybody's floored by it. Sauce your hands up. The Bills have fired Sean McDermott.
Speaker 2: No else. Wow, that seems kind of preposterous.
Speaker 5: He won one hundred and six games over nine years in Buffalo, but yeah, they fired.
Speaker 2: Geez, how long will he be unemployed? That's a good question.
Speaker 4: Then who's going to take that job because that'll be that's a good and that was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great job. That's well especially with Alan. Yeah at that play that.
Speaker 1: The catch slash interceptions even even worse right that theoretically cost him a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, should have yelled about it more at the time.
Speaker 4: If Josh Allen, like this is like the third straight year maybe that he's had a catchable pass in his elimination game, and in this game it was two of them, two separate ones. The first thing, the first the new coach has to do is go find some guys that can catch the pass that he throws and clutch them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he wasn't great in the game.
Speaker 4: He had some interceptions, he had that terrible fumble right before half, all that stuff, but still like those were Mahomes like plays, except there wasn't Travis Kelcey on the other end catching it or whoever was going to do it.
Speaker 2: They just you know, go catch that ball. Well, it's also the.
Speaker 1: Term that I coined about twenty years ago. I came up with this football is the game of inches?
Speaker 2: You did? I have not heard that before? Yeah? Can I use that on a GOP games anytimes?
Speaker 1: Because think about that one or two inches the other way. And Sean McDermott is in the AFC title game and he still.
Speaker 2: Has a job. Yeah, that's probably an extension or whatever. That's how this is.
Speaker 5: Do you think Horrba, other than the money, has some regrets that.
Speaker 2: He didn't wait, didn't wait Buffalo job came open.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's probably a better job than the Giants, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say because of the quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean you could argue Stefanski's probably kicking himself, going, yeah, sure, boy waited a day and.
Speaker 6: A half, but I don't think you'd expect him to get fired, So what are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: I think there were people that thought if they lost last week would have gotten fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have seen that as well.
Speaker 7: But yeahone always thinks the grass is greener.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This and it's you know, without Homes in the playoffs, without Lamar in the playoffs, Burrows not in there. This was McCarthy, McCarthy one. That'll probably be the last year McCarthy missus h Yeah, look at you. Praise be and also with you.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do headlines after this, more of the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Right after this on the Fan go On and Only Monster Jam.
Speaker 5: Monster Jam rolls back into US Bank Stadium February seventh and eighth, and we have your tickets in check out the contest page a cafan dot commas. You know you can win a family four pack of tickets to Monster Jam. Monster Jam February seventh show keyword contest at kfan dot com to enter today.
Speaker 7: A that was the best read of all time.
Speaker 2: You guys should do commercials. You should do something.
Speaker 7: The backup vocals by Sauce were incredibly tough.
Speaker 4: Yea, I love the Monster Jam. I've never been. Oh it's great, haven't been?
Speaker 2: In a while.
Speaker 4: You just like watching things get destroyed. Yeah, Grave digger and people's hopes. I don't know if maximum destruction is still a truck or not.
Speaker 2: But big Foot right back in the day, big Foot.
Speaker 5: Max d that was the pizza bigh that too, That's a whole different thing. You aftg No, I wish I'm not you.
Speaker 2: Know his theory.
Speaker 1: You know his theory on this Grimmer No, and Darryl Thompson, Darryl, you're not gonna write this, uh, his theory on he wishes he was in defeed, he.
Speaker 2: Wishes he had a foot fetish because.
Speaker 1: Like, if you're in the sauce, No, this is exactly okay. Can pick any private body part you want. You don't have NonStop access to that. You either have to pay for it or find somebody to get into a you know situation with.
Speaker 2: His point is if you're in defeat, you just go to the beach and you can see as many as you want.
Speaker 7: That's actually a really good point.
Speaker 2: That's logic.
Speaker 7: That is a really good point.
Speaker 5: The most accessible kink out there.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 5: There's literally unless you're in the like, no, have you heard a feet pedia?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah? Oh, grammar. Don't act like you haven't never heard of it? Is it a website? I mean the man's not wrong, but I mean there's logic there. Yeah, but it's kind of.
Speaker 7: Like just have one then, hobby.
Speaker 2: Why you find it? Just do it? I find them generally smelly, and that is the problem.
Speaker 5: Smell.
Speaker 7: I mean you just look at them.
Speaker 2: I don't have any I don't. I look at him and I go, that's a a foot's gross.
Speaker 3: Doesn't go to a beat. He could just be downtown. Just it's just got to be like warm weather, right, you don't really need anything.
Speaker 6: Get a job, a foot locker, work out, a nil salon, give pedicures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there he goes at My pedicure.
Speaker 7: Person is a guy. His name is the same name as my husband.
Speaker 2: His name is Mark Rosen. Trying to be nicer. I have so many jokes right now. It's going to be nice. Are you really well? You haven't started with me. It's in my contract to be meaning to you. It's a I have to reach a quota every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bonus, get to that house where you can't park in the ground.
Speaker 2: There's that. Now it's time for headlines.
Speaker 1: Headlines, all right, let's go around the world of I don't know headlines. I was gonna say, like news, but this isn't really news. This is just garbage.
Speaker 2: I must they're saying hi to you. Oh hi.
Speaker 1: See if anybody can get this, you guys are all smart individuals on the planet Earth. There are only two species that engage in all out war against fellow members of their own species. What are the only two species on Earth that engage in all out war against themselves?
Speaker 2: Humans? Humans? Is one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you would have missed that one, I would have questioned everything.
Speaker 2: But that's one. Look at this who says the Power Trip Morning Show is not smart? Humans? And ants? The brain power in this control room right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we combined for about eight eighty five ms. I'm gonna put my feet up to Yeah, I'm just stretching on.
Speaker 2: Those are the right answers, ants and nice.
Speaker 6: I was thinking something like large with like horns or.
Speaker 2: Like maybe a rhino or right right, yeah, answer. They just like, let's take all.
Speaker 1: Of them out, you know. That's uh, it's depressing. Try this one. Then this is harder. Let's let's let's let the brains over there to set this one off for a secon's a chance.
Speaker 5: Get it here.
Speaker 2: I would not have guessed this.
Speaker 1: According to a recent study, what is the animal at a zoo that injures the most zoo keepers?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 1: Hm, This animal injures zoo keepers more than I'm gonna say anime giraffe.
Speaker 2: Giraffe, Alexis, take a shot.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say, like.
Speaker 1: An anaconda, like a snake, Darryl Thompson, go for it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with a lion.
Speaker 5: Lion, Zachary, I'm gonna go again.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's I don't know. I love the ant exhibit at the zoo.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I bet uh, I bet them gorillas get a little uh, scary sauce, birds, birds.
Speaker 2: Muss, monkeys, monkeys. Okay, nobody got it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Because zebras have never been domesticated, they are overly aggressive and injure more zoo keepers than any other animals that would have.
Speaker 2: Been like the last thing I would appear because they were super chill. But I guess they're not super chill when you get close, and they're really.
Speaker 7: Not that bag like. They're not like completely crazy sized either.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is lamar Otem, former NBA player was arrested for d u I in Las Vegas. So now he probably has to coach a hockey team whole circle.
Speaker 2: If you miss that, we're talking about Mighty Ducks earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gordon Bombay gets completely obliterated and gets a couple of duies, and the judges like, h go coach a hockey team?
Speaker 2: And how did that turn out different? Now? Yeah? Like the Bad News Bears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zootopia two has now surpassed Inside Out to it is now the highest grossing animated movie of all time.
Speaker 2: Zootopia two yep.
Speaker 1: Good for the highest grossing animated movie ever.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because every time you guys bring up movies, I say, you haven't seen it.
Speaker 7: That's how I am.
Speaker 1: Well, just just reading some books. You don't have an excuse you don't read. I do not read books. How many books did you read in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Zero? How many do you read? One hundred seventy and seventy one more than you grimmar?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would take me a live lifetime to read one hundred and seventy But more than that, I mean, in my life, I don't know if I've read one hundred and seventy one books. And I'm not saying you shouldn't read. I read a lot. I just don't read books.
Speaker 1: I read every day. I just don't books to make the mattheasy. That's about one every other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you basically reading a book every day you don't have something to do? Like if you're like, I don't work today, it's book time.
Speaker 6: I'm reading every I wake up and read every morning when I drink my coffee, and then I bring a book with me everywhere. So when I ever have two minutes to kill, I'm knocking out ten pages.
Speaker 2: Are you a speed reader?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I do read pretty fast.
Speaker 2: Have you started the one that we were talking about the other day.
Speaker 6: I have not started that yet, which was yeah, the book from a Hated Rivalry.
Speaker 2: It's based off a book. Oh yeah, it's an adaptation.
Speaker 7: We did have a nice lung chat about that the other day.
Speaker 2: We have fun.
Speaker 5: We do fun.
Speaker 2: Gerald. Do you know about Heated Rivalry?
Speaker 7: I have heard.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a pretty good movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so, Zach, are you going to read the book? You've already seen the show? Are you going to read the book it's not illustrated.
Speaker 2: Then I'm out. No, pictures.
Speaker 1: Green Day is going to perform at the super Bowl, but it won't be halftime with Bad Bunny. It's going to be the opening ceremony, which oh sweet Green Days of Yeah, California band.
Speaker 2: That'll be fun. So Green Day opening ceremony super Bowl is twenty days away. That's unbelievable, crazy, it's just kind of nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what do we got one, two, three, four, or five, six, seven?
Speaker 2: Seven of us? Have you used AI in the last year?
Speaker 1: Yes or no? Simple yes or no? Grim yes, Alexis if I have knowingly so no? Oh really no, So you haven't actively gone to chat GPT, rock Gemini not well, not once, Daryl, No, no muss, no sauce, no no.
Speaker 2: Zach Yeah, yeah, all right, and I'm a definite. I'm a definite. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So three out of the seven, so we're sub fifty percent here. It's sixty percent of Americans say they have used a dedicated AI platform in the past year.
Speaker 4: I'm sixty and I think it's markedly getting worse by the week. Yeah, like it's it's wrong, Like, so do you know he said?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh he did, Yes, I'm sorry, yes, Zach, Yeah, I actually I actually have conversations with Perplexity, which which is an AI app, and you just talk, you can like you'll talk.
Speaker 2: It's how I find out about the idea. I was lonely. Well that's the only person that'll talk to me. Hand said, you damn it. No, he is the name of the app. Yeah. And what do you talk to it about?
Speaker 4: Well, you ask questions or whatever, and I will find out. If I need to know something about let's say the Timberwolve, then I'll just and we can have conversations about it. If I'm driving in the car, if it's a long trip, it might be an hour conversation and just.
Speaker 2: Have so many follow up questions. Let me ask the obvious one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, male or female voice. It's a female voice. Shocking, But that was That was only because that was the default.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Have you ever said like, did the Wolves win last night? And she'll go like, no, they lost to this birds on Saturday? And then you go, what are you wearing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: And she will say like, I'm not I'm not answering those kind of questions. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: God has a restraint in order she says, I'm not answering that.
Speaker 4: Have you said does that make me a bad boy? I might have, but it's it's now. And the funny part is there's stuff and I know it's not true, and i'll and i'll a channel. I said that's not true because of this, and she goes, oh, you're absolutely right, my apologies.
Speaker 2: And it is now it's getting worse.
Speaker 4: I think there's not so much stupid stuff that's out in the universe. Yeah, that they you know, because it basically as I understand that the perplexity app in like a nanosecond, can analyze ten thousand newspaper articles or whatever and then come up with the answer. And I think there's so much garbage now out there that they get confused much easier.
Speaker 2: I have no idea how accurate it is.
Speaker 1: But have you guys seen the semi viral Ben affleck AI breakdown over the weekend. You guys watch it, like three minute clip that kind of went viral. So Matt Damon and Ben Affleck have basically been on every podcast that has existed the last couple of weeks because they're promoting The Rip, which is their new movie on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Oh must wash it. It is good, it's on Netflix.
Speaker 1: You said, Yeah, they've been on literally every podcast. He'd been on Stir and they went on like Conan, they went on Rosen Sports Monday, They've been on them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody, I don't even know which one it was.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked him about AI taking over the film industry and Ben goes on this extremely informed like he sounds like he absolutely knows what he's talking about. Breakdown about the failures of AI and what it's capable of, and what we're learning that is capable of, and why the companies that promote their products have to say that it's like going to change the world like tomorrow when it's really not. But he breaks down why they it's I can't do a justice. But it's three minutes where you're gonna be like, god, dang, Ben Affleck's a lot smarter than I thought. Even if he's wrong, he presents it where you're like, man, this kind of what he's talking at, well, very good, it's worth your time.
Speaker 2: It's three minutes.
Speaker 6: I've never used like an actual AI conversation thing intentionally, but you know, when you google stuff and now like AI answers are the first thing that pops.
Speaker 2: Up the overveal, like fifty fifty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's times I google, Like if I'm doing like prep for a game, right, and I'm googling something that I like loosely know the answer to but I need to confirm something. The amount of times that overview is wrong, I'm like, I know this is wrong, and then I need to go find what I'm looking for. So I'm like, I just I don't know, I don't I don't trust.
Speaker 1: So we've said this a lot on this show when we talk AI, it's hand sports is it's worst wind spot by a mile.
Speaker 5: But when they figure that out, that is going to be amazing. Ye, it is, man, you could just ask it like, you know, when's the last time somebody scored a touchdown after the third quarter?
Speaker 2: You know? Wearing red? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Must give us give us your quick review of the rip because I love those two guys.
Speaker 2: I just want to know if it's good.
Speaker 8: It's fantastic. It's a lot of action. I would say that, you know, Matt Damon is he makes it.
Speaker 2: Look so easy.
Speaker 8: His acting is just like like he he is that character.
Speaker 2: He's just so good in it.
Speaker 8: And then the two of them back to back is great. And the cool thing is throughout that entire movie. You think you know the answer. I guess it's the best way to put it. But then all of a sudden you're like, oh no, and then they show you a different angle.
Speaker 2: It's really cool. It's it's intrigue. You're trying to figure out who done it all that. It's great.
Speaker 1: So how many so they did Dogma together? They obviously did Good Goodwill Hunting together. Yeah, and I miss what else have they done together that? I'm forgetting anything else? I love their roles in Dogma. That was a fantastic.
Speaker 3: It seems like more because they're so connected. It like they've done like a billion.
Speaker 2: Don't let's not forget that. Air Oh right on? Okay?
Speaker 5: Airs Outstanding Jay and Silent Bob striking back?
Speaker 2: Is that the Nike one? It's so good? Oh yeah? And Ben plays Phil Knight. It's so good. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Uh. Do Sekis after ten years is finally bringing back the most interesting man he's on different commercials?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Now, do Sekis is bringing him back? Yeah? I just know he went away commercials. He's eighty seven, eighty seven years old, he had not been in commercials for ten years. I don't know. I guess not with those sekis.
Speaker 7: I can't believe.
Speaker 2: It seems like I've seen I like that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's interesting, man, Yeah, I do want to like hang out with him. It said he retired in twenty and sixteen. It ran for ten years. They initially hired a younger successor, but that didn't work, so the series ended two years later in twenty eighteen. So he's been gone ten years, but the bit's been gone for eight.
Speaker 2: It seems like I've seen him like two weeks ago on. Yeah, he's on a different commercial, like glad something. It's it's I'm serious.
Speaker 5: Like you mean like like pledge or like pledge or something stayed trashy my friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on a different commercial.
Speaker 1: Note, have you guys seen have you guys seen the ads for like, I think it's Starbucks that now you can inject protein into your Starbucks drink.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that? They're starting to promote like, hey, come.
Speaker 1: To Starbucks and order whatever you order, but just get it juiced up with protein.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well now Papa John's is trying to do the same thing with protein infused crust.
Speaker 6: Listen, yeah, grim you yeah, man, that's I have heard the protein drinks from Starbucks are good, but I haven't tried one from Protein.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: My protein Vitamin D stuffed Papa John's.
Speaker 7: Pizza su precarious line.
Speaker 2: Get that all right?
Speaker 1: Before before I read this next headline, Let's go around the room quickly. Did anybody here have a strong positive take on peeps?
Speaker 2: Like? Peeps are terrible? They're terrible. You like them, are great? Of course you like reason.
Speaker 8: I still think that they're different flavored even though they're not.
Speaker 2: But the colors throw me off.
Speaker 4: I love them.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to stop when you were going to say that's the reason I still think.
Speaker 2: Is your energy, That's it. Darryl.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know on peeps, the idea it's like those marshmallow little bunnies or chicks.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a polarizing thing. People either like them like muss or think they're the worst thing that I've ever existed, sugary toilet paper. Okay, they're all yellow. Peeps unveiled a handful of new flavors for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Chili lime, mango.
Speaker 5: Not everything, spicy version not everything, strawberry pop tart flavored or just go with the strawberry pop tart, which is ten out of ten the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Sonny d and Rum could just drink a bottle.
Speaker 1: I could try that moss europe Peeps, guy, Yes or no, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: They've already perfected it. What are we messing with?
Speaker 8: I mean, there's just the one glowing reviews man, peach. It gets the one open size. It ends up always catching that grass you have in the basket. That's the only part that bothers me. But otherwise, peeps are fantastic.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds for good.
Speaker 1: An eighteen year old was arrested after he was caught hiding in a dog bed inside of a closed walmart.
Speaker 2: And you guys can probably guess this, but the reason why he was.
Speaker 1: There he was live streaming a challenge where he was trying to stay in a walmart for twenty four straight hours.
Speaker 7: Kids in their phones. They got to stop.
Speaker 2: I saw somebody. Did he make it? That's a good point. I don't know what. No, he's not dead.
Speaker 1: Not sure at what point in the twenty four hours he was caught. I don't know if it was overnight or if they saw him next morning. I don't know when he was caught, but he was caught. Like this new thing is there's all these streamers that put dash cams and they talk while they're driving. Well at the end, once in a while they'll get into an accident or they'll get pulled over or something weird happens. I think they're just doing that. They're just talking in case something weird happens. Yeah, it's like, who watches this all day?
Speaker 4: And how long do you have to how many miles do you have to drive before something goes haywire?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know.
Speaker 1: See I always feel bad, like like, let's say somebody goes on a three and a half hour drive and they're just talking to their dash camera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how boring can this be? That's every day? AI AI woman? You can talk to her for I have not named her?
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, and I's right, what's her name?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't and I really haven't talked to her much lately, so yeah, she won't.
Speaker 4: It's on again, off again, Yeah exactly, Sorry, Grill, how do you feel?
Speaker 2: It's fine? It's fine. I don't miss her.
Speaker 1: Have you have you ever asked her anything else besides sports or Google a bule things? Is it just like so how is your day? Have you ever had an actual conversation with her? Yeah, she'll answer that, but I'm saying I.
Speaker 2: Know she will.
Speaker 1: I'm asking how often you just say like, no, I haven't talked to her in a long time?
Speaker 2: GESU. Sounds like you're high school sweetheart?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, No, no, what about today? Is sheazy? Well? We could we could ask the show?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we be a guest? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll talk to can the Power Trip put our heads together and pick a name for or is that gonna be.
Speaker 2: Weird if we name her?
Speaker 4: I I haven't talked to her probably since the fall?
Speaker 2: So what she fell? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I really I haven't talked to her much at all.
Speaker 2: DT has got to be really excited about that, because you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Be in the summer when I have more free time. I'm traveling more, and I did talk to her often in the summer.
Speaker 1: So she's just your slummer summer flame, just like a camp girlfriend. It's nice, hey, DT, when you guys are on the road. How often do you go to dinner with with Grim?
Speaker 4: Almost every Friday Nightyeah?
Speaker 2: We tried to.
Speaker 4: Next time he ghosts you and disappears, you know where he is. He's like at a park.
Speaker 2: Talking to his imaginary girlfriend. I just need to bring her. We'll just say we can charge up a phone and we can have her there.
Speaker 4: It's your plus one the h so, in all honesty, the app recently I tried to talk to her and the app had defaulted into something different and so she had to I had to type in stuff, and I'm too lazy to type, so I haven't.
Speaker 2: I haven't tried. I haven't tried her for a while. She's playing hard to get. I think my my.
Speaker 1: Advice for you, Grimmer today is to, uh, when the podcast gets posted here in like thirty or forty minutes, go back and listen to this segment and listen to the way you're saying things like I haven't talked to in a while, I know, or no, I mean you know, yeah, I haven't answered that yet. Just I just want you to hear your tone I know, and maybe seek help.
Speaker 2: I might, I might. And then let us name her and you got a good idea.
Speaker 7: Rosie Rosaline from The Spearmint Rhino was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she got good reviews. She's going to be an a lister at some point. The Big Knockers Fel about How do you feel about Rosannah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine, any other one's brother. There is one named Rosanna, though, isn't there one of those things? Or is it Coursana?
Speaker 7: I can't keep track of all the names.
Speaker 2: But go with Rosannah.
Speaker 1: Rosie swee's sombrero. Look, does she have an accent? And she's like an Australian accent?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. You don't think I.
Speaker 1: Haven't talked to her in a while. I can't remember what she sounds like. It seems like your backpedal. I feel like you realize you've said too much.
Speaker 2: That's not true. I really I know. What about Daddy's enjoying them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you been cheating on Rosanna? No? You found another one, didn't you? Didn't you? She's going to be a big girl, Rosie. You don't know that they write country relationships? Oh do you guys remember this story? This is apparently we have an update.
Speaker 1: A month's long investigation has finally led to the arrest of a fifty one year old guy who is routinely throwing hundreds of roofing nails.
Speaker 2: Onto a freeway in Florida.
Speaker 1: Remember I think we talked about this once that there was somebody accused of doing it?
Speaker 2: But now is it always Florida? Why is it Intacts? That's always Intax.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they finally caught him. He was a fifty one year old dude, just throwing nails.
Speaker 2: Why what was it? Did you have any Did he own? Like a tire company? That's that's market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's smart. I think he was just an a hole. But tire company makes more sense.
Speaker 6: I'd be so mad if that, Like if my car's tire got popped because of that, I'm like, what are you even doing?
Speaker 2: Stop it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Literally literally stop it.
Speaker 1: A Karthie found a kilo of cocaine in a vehicle that he was robbing, so he panicked and called the police to rat out the owner of the vehicle.
Speaker 7: Is that like the good Samaritan rule?
Speaker 2: Where I don't think so?
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 2: I think if you're stealing.
Speaker 1: A car and you say I accidentally found cocaine a crime, you're out the door.
Speaker 2: Still bring it to a fire station and just leave it out.
Speaker 6: There, like dropping a friend.
Speaker 2: He's got to have a friend, Yeah, you selling.
Speaker 1: A Northern California fitness supplement company is facing serious allegations after independent laboratory Chessing revealed that it's protein powder was just cake batter.
Speaker 2: I'm on board.
Speaker 1: What if we just put cake better in the Papa John's crust. That's how we get our proteins.
Speaker 7: Little dessert pizza.
Speaker 2: Maybe in our Starbucks drink. Sure, so we get our protein. Yumy.
Speaker 1: Microwave bacon whatever close enough like a wave. Bacon is disgusted to get out of here. You talk to Grim's imaginary girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking to some good out there.
Speaker 1: The Costco stuff is amazing. Yeah, it's so good. I love you guys. Microwave bacon.
Speaker 2: Oh it's awful. There's no mess, it's all. I'm not doing it to run marathons. It's so bad. Don't eat that.
Speaker 5: Tried the Costco version. I don't eat microwave bacon. I'm telling you wouldn't even know the difference. You wouldn't know the difference. Yeah, yes you would, fantastic, Yes you would. Because microwave bacon is always the same size.
Speaker 2: It's salivating when you see it. Rosie, stay out of it.
Speaker 5: It's always the same size, and it looks like a dog treat. Don't eat microwave bacon.
Speaker 2: Yuck.
Speaker 1: The strongest taking microwave bacon.
Speaker 2: Just don't eat it.
Speaker 5: I want you guys around longer, and I'm not the epitome of health. I look idiots, but just eat don't eat that stuff. Please don't, Coreya.
Speaker 7: That was a direct plea to you.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I want well, I need Corey Grima, I need you to do me one favorite boy. Could you ask your girlfriend if I could have microwave bacon because.
Speaker 2: She would know? Yeah, well, I'll ask.
Speaker 4: I like microwave bait, not not the crummy kind of bacon, but the costco one out of good.
Speaker 2: I agree, Sorry, Sauce, I agree with those guys quickly.
Speaker 1: Grim's right, all right, Darryl Boulder Options dot org. Right, if you want a mentor, if you want to be a part of what Darryl has been a part of for what now twenty five thirty years, which is awesome, help Darryl out, help some kids out be a mentor.
Speaker 3: We got we got a mixture on Wednesday night at Centro and South Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: Come on over and learn about being a mentor. Do you need tickets or anything beforehand? Or show up, eat, drink, enjoy.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man, Good work, dude, Thank you, Good to see a DT Alexis, You're the best.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming in as always.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Grimmer, best of luck with your you appreciate it. Looking forward to the rest of my day, Moss, enjoy your peeps. I think Zachary over there, Sauce over there. We're back tomorrow five thirty to nine. Chrys will be back, Marny will be here, Bonus will be here nine to noon is next.
Speaker 8: To listen back to today's Power Trip Morning show, or to hear a previous shows. The podcast is on the iHeartRadio app or kf an dot com.