Speaker 1: Do you want to be an americanity?
Speaker 2: Scott blown back down seven hundred. Wow, we've got basketball, We've got spring arriving at ten forty six this morning.
Speaker 3: And that's the good news. That's the good news.
Speaker 2: The bad news is the Ohio Supreme Court did nothing yesterday. Judge in Franklin County also denied a temporary straining order and starting well, starting at midnight, right today, right now, as people go to watch basketball and go to places like fifty Western Urban Artifact to have some beverages, you will not be able to get a THC infuse beverage in the state of Ohio. It's now banned across the Buckeye State and those manufacturers are left hold in the bag. Scotty Hunters a co owner and founder of Urban Artifacts, and he's on the show this morning.
Speaker 4: Scotty welcome, Good morning, Scott Pleasure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably the best, maybe sadly the best thing you doing today. I mean this is this has got to be hard. The Supreme Court at nak the tro in Franklin County was denied, so the band is now in effect. You got march Man and this, you got beautiful weather. People want to get out and have a good time.
Speaker 3: Walk us. What the morning feels like insider of an artifact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's uh, you know, we're waiting right and we we were hoping that the Supreme Court was going to make a ruling on our case. Yesterday did not come to pass, and you mentioned the other release didn't didn't get there, so uh, you know, it's just kind of you know, undecided. You know, we feel good about our case. We we think that it's strong and that the governor will be you know, rained in in terms of this power, and I think that's good follow Highlands. But yeah, just waiting around trying to figure out what we go to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what what what goes on right now and if the Supreme Court does something to so, but you know, for people to do, does hey listen, I drink beer.
Speaker 3: I don't drink tight on thh. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I think you should because this is about your rights as a consumer. It's about your rights as an adult. In a sense is that you had a people have strong saying what they wanted, want to and just want to consume what I want to drink, smoke, whatever it is. And it's pretty overwhelming the number of people who support this, and yet the governor in particular, the legislature and even the courts aren't listening to the people in this case. Give us a kind of an idea of how much of your business model had THHC beverages becoming and what does losing that revenue stream mean for your business and others like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we you know, we projected a lot of future growth on that, especially as we were doing business planning and end of last year into this year. We did temper those expectations when some of the federal language passed in the fall, but we still have hopes that that gets corrected before before November this year. So you know what it what it means is, you know, if we don't get a favorable woulling today, you know, we will have to reassess kind of what we what our needs are on the production side. You know, we expect that it'll definitely give us a little bit of a hit on our on premise sales. People coming out that you know, they just don't drink alcohol, period, doesn't matter. There's no alternative for folks like that. So you know, hopefully we're not having some of those conversations, and we're just discussing how we continue to grow this category and get some permanent legislation on the books, you know, before we get to that December time frame in Ohio in November for for the federal right.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, is there any indication first of all, of the Ohio Supreme Court that they may see your way in? Secondly, what about the federal law that's going to go in effect later this year because of this outcry and because of the attention here are federal lawmakers presuming they're actually paying attention, which it doesn't seem like they are going to override this thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it can feel that way at times. But you know, all indications from across the industry in terms of the federal landscape is that, you know, there's been very good progress made and you know, people understand the need to get this correct, especially you know, the farming industry, talking countries that would invested years and years ago. I just kind of getting a love pulled out from under them.
Speaker 6: Yep. As well.
Speaker 5: So we you know, we're we're we're feeling we're feeling good about that nothing's done, it's al's done with the Feds as you know, and it doesn't doesn't move quickly unfortunately, so you know, we'll just we'll just have to.
Speaker 2: Wait and see, all right, So presumably you have inventory in hand right now.
Speaker 3: So what happens all that stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's it's no longer in the state of while based on you know, some legal advice that that we are given and some feedback from some of the state agencies, although you know, they haven't really sent out proper guidance yet for any of the folks poording temp processor's license in the state. Yeah, it get all got moved out of state because you know, if you read the law and the response from the DCC, you could be charged with drug trafting if you are possessing one of these products. And I'm you know, I'm quite worried that they're gonna do a sting operation if the people start going to party tours you know over North Kentucky or some of the other great litter stores we have over there and bring it back over to the state and bus somebody to try to make an example and just you know, that's not how we should be operating as a as a stay and as adult.
Speaker 2: So a beverage let's get this straight here a second Scotty. So we're just saying the beverage that is being produced, consumed and enjoyed by countless hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Americans nationwide in many other states, uh in the Buckeye State in Ohio with the Taliban, if you're in possession of a can of THC a liquid a liquid drink, I guess all drinks are liquid, but I don't know what what cagor to call this r THHD infused drink that you can be charged with. I got a six pack and now I'm facing time in a federal press. I can see that as like you're in there with terrorists, You're in there with people who are white collar criminals. You're in there with rapists and murders. What do you win for? I had a six pack of sunflower. It's almost too bizarre to believe.
Speaker 5: When I read that, I just had to reread this few times because I didn't. I felt like I was living in an alternate reality, honestly, where this is where we're going as a as a state, and how we're treating our adults in the state, and what they're chooting for.
Speaker 6: Better legal products. Right, Yeah, it's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: It really is something and this she hot against anything THHC. But it's part and personal I think for this legislature. Uh, you know, I'll call out people I generally support in this case because they're dead ass wrong on it, including Governor Mike DeWine, who's a friend of the show in the station.
Speaker 3: I couldn't disagree more.
Speaker 2: He has always had it out for marijuana, doesn't understand it, doesn't get it, doesn't think we need it. And he's entitled to his personal views as a citizen. What I don't think he's entitled to do is use that mindset into simply, you know, line not m vido something. There's hardly any challenge whatsoever. It's going to get rubber stamped and moved through that that countless millions of people enjoy. It's not addictive. It's as probably less harmful than that. It can make a case it's less harmful than alcohol. And I know you sell both Bob or Scottie and and for him just to go, you know, I don't like it, so no one should have it. I'm sorry. That's totalitarianism, that's anti business. All these things Republicans the geoplate claim.
Speaker 3: To be, they're not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 5: And there were some very prominent trade groups that have been supportive of this category that I thought, would you know, really stem some of that tie because you know, the these these long's relationships and all this in business, right and politics. Yeah, and I and I felt like we had a lot of the right people on our side, and you know, they'd gotten through to a lot of folks, and they did on you know, in the Senate House, but apparently, you know, in the Governor's office, we didn't quite get there. So, you know, it's it's just it's just something where the we feel very good about our case with the Supreme Court because of how, you know, the governor essentially rewrote legislation. He changed the legislative intents of the House and the Senate, and that's just not something that we can have stand constitutionally in the city of Ohio. It's far too much power to be in one individual to strike and rewrite laws with potentially no confluence.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Scotty Hunter Khenor, founder of Urban Artifact, buring on the show. If you didn't know THC beverages in Ohio and Ohio illegal as of midnight. If you're caught in possession, whether you could be charged with drug trafficking, which is is laughable because they got this thing. You just took your supply and you're selling it in Kentucky. Kentucky and s don't seem to have a problem with the drug addiction there like we do in the Taliban state of Ohio. But the I think it's interesting too because I had State Senator Steve hoffmanan and he couldn't agree with us more on this one. He's definitely an advocate as a physician too for that matter. You know, if it we're that bad, would a physician be saying, go ahead and sell the stuff?
Speaker 3: It's not that big a deal. He told us the.
Speaker 2: Beverage industry had a He thought it was a pretty a very weak legal argument. And this is of course he's not he's a doctor, not a lawyer. But from his people that he consults with said that the line not in vitas. That happen all the time. And in that regard, was he right that did did you have like maybe false hope about your chances in this case?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think so, Scott.
Speaker 5: The line on anvito is pretty It's simply spelled out in the state Constitution and it's it's items and relating to appropriations of money. There was nothing to do with what the language that was taken out by Senator first our Governor de Wigne. It wasn't solely an item. It was paragraphed and it was sections, and you know, it was you know, a large chunk of that bill struck out and nothing to do with money. None of those sections, none of those items, you know, even if you want to try to say that they're an item. And I think what people don't realize is that they've only seen that line in vido in our lifetime used appropriately and constitutionally. So when it happens and it's unconstitutional, people don't necessarily recognize it because it's not happened in like I think the state ball went back fifty years before there was a ruling to stop the abidos. So it's just not in the consciousness for people to understand that the governor could be doing something outside of his constitutional right.
Speaker 2: From a little I know about law, but other than I talked to you thought that the dormant commerce commerce clause argument dormant commerce clause, which basically says that a state, in this case, Ohio, can't favor its own state made products over out of state competition. You can't pick winners and losers. That seemed like your strongest card. Were you surprised that the court wasn't persuaded.
Speaker 5: Well, just one quick clarification. You know, I was aware of that suit supportive. We weren't a plan of on the suit that was ruled on yesterday, so you know, I don't know it as in as grave a detail, but I was kind of shocked, especially because you know, we had there was some examples of these state agencies, you know, like we're talking about saying that you know, if you're possessing this, you're going to be a charge with drug traffing potentially, and you know that that impacts trucks going through the state. And that's that's where I'm very shocked at, you know, and sorry Tiro was not granted, because now there's gonna be trucking companies looking at Ohio and they don't want you know, if they're bringing legal products from Minnesota down to Kentucky or Florida, what have you, They're not gonna want to go down seventy five and come through Ohio if they have a fear that their truck drivers might be stopped, might be charged with drug trafficking. Right, That's that's the headache that nobody wants. And that's and that's why they're doing the commerce projectives right, So state can't do that. It's been challenged. Other states have tried to do this in the past. It loses in mettle quarter one hundred times out of one hundred. So but it doesn't mean that it won't cause fear and strife and all these things and make business part of just you know, not for Ohio ins outside of the whisle.
Speaker 4: All these things.
Speaker 2: Now you got me laugh and then it's a serious topic. But I just picture a semi load full of product THHG and fuse beverages trying to get to Ohio from another state being chased by Jackie Gleason, Burt Reynolds. Isn't a trans am and a woman in a white wedding dress. You got Jerry Reid and a and a dog in a truck trying to divert them. And it's it's like smoking the bandit For God's sakes. Other states have it and we don't. We can't get it. Are you do you have a fear that this is going to tamp down innovation because that's the engine that drives American commerce, course innovation. That's where gdp is word is. This is against any of those principles.
Speaker 5: Oh, absolutely, every beverage manufacturer in Ohio is now at you know, a disservice or sorry, disadvantage to other producers across countries. You know, we we sell our brain in a ten other twelve other states and now you know we have to look at out forcing that production to some other states. So there's you know, jobs and revenue there. But in addition, it gives us far less flexibility to be creative and nimble and innovative, like you're saying, within the category, because we can't produce it here, we can't test that here, we can't do a lot of things that we could do that are very advantageous for us as a beverage business. And you know that's where the you know, the banning the retail beverages is one piece of this which we don't agree with. But then also to say you can't manufacture and possess for out of state sales is even a step that I couldn't have expected Ohio to take because of you know, it's a very very manufacturing and agricultural driven state, and so you're taking out, you know, jobs that from both right, people can't farm, you know, the way the law is written. You mentioned it's not just hemp beverages, but farmers are not going to be able to plant crops with hemps in the state and process them. You know, if we talked about the drug trafficking, we talked about kentucking hemp beverages, but the same applies for recreational marijuana from marijuana.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Michigan.
Speaker 5: So now the way SPA fifty six is written in the past, you could be charged and stop if you are brain you know, you go over it even if you're not intending to like you know, bulk up, like you're just visiting people you bring in them or one from some other state. Now it's illegal, it's illegal marijuana.
Speaker 6: And you can be charged. Yeah, like that's not that doesn't that doesn't make.
Speaker 5: Any sense to me as uh, you know, law abiding adults. If you do something legally in one day and you bring it back to Ohio, you know how why should be able to get in trouble for that, And it's just in the you know, confines of your own home, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they'd look at it too and go, well, you have your Second Amendment and guns, well you should be able a lot. Okay, again, it's not constitutionally protected. I get the nuance there. It's not part of the Bill of Rights and aren't atable. But at the same time, it's the will of the people. It's like it's commerce and a bunch of other things. If you're trying to be pro business friendly, this sets you back, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: So urban artifact.
Speaker 2: I mentioned fifty West and Bobby and you guys are joined together in the suit, and many other manufacturers across the Ohio who probably aren't part of the suit, who don't have the resources to do that. Are they going to be able to I mean, are you gonna be able to survive this? It's fifty West and be able to survive this. Are you aware of any businesses or breweries that may not.
Speaker 5: I'm not Scott because everybody you know, it's their own business. But you know, I can imagine that things will look different for a lot of businesses because there was so much of you know, that that revenue, that production tied up in this growing category. And you know, even if it's only ten percent of your business, you know that's a big hit right now when when beer sales and alcohol sales are are trending down and you have a ripple effects across the whole whole supply chain. So you know, I don't know of anybody immediately other than you know, folks like that were solely focused on that. And there's a couple of manufacturers I know that you know, they exclusively were doing cam beverages. They are either moving out of state or closing up shops and and that's kind of the I think the scariest part to me is, you know, as of today, there's probably thousands and thousands of the Highlands that have just lost their jobs because of the passage of passage.
Speaker 6: Of this bill.
Speaker 5: And now we're going to have to economically support all the boss jobs and they're not coming back, right like, there's not just like a you know, the store funds if you don't whether whatever you feel about the hemp shop and things like that, you know, the storefronts are going to set vacant right therese they aren't getting backfield. So there's a lot of economic impact for the whole state that it's going to start being tellt in very near future.
Speaker 3: It's something else.
Speaker 2: I mean, Spring starts in a little over in an hour, Scottie Hunter, you've got March madness. The bars and restaurants will be packed with people. The doors will be opened down at the Holy Grail. Banks are doing a Miami watch party today at Holy Grail. The place will be packed, swamped with people wanting to drink and enjoy a long weekend. Maybe taking today off just simp to enjoy spring because mother old man Winter's dead, it's his funeral, He's going to die at ten forty six today, and so many people would want to consume those beverages. The timing of this thing is is just the worst part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I agreed. And you know some of the excuses were made about federal law. That case, federal law will go into place and you won't have to worry about it.
Speaker 6: Right, Why did we want to.
Speaker 5: Be more restrictive and in a quicker fashion when there is the ability to give your in state operators more time to adapt. Because we all knew that the federal pieces there right. Everybody was then business planning on that and deciding how they're going to operate. They didn't expect a ninety day accelerated and it wasn't even clear because the summary, the summary just went up like last week for the bill in terms of what it did. There's been no guidance from the ODA, there's been no guidance from the DCC. All the state level agencies that are supposify guidance for folks that are in this business have those licenses. Absolute radio silence. And that was the toughest part because now you're having to sort through that bill that was signed and you have no guidance.
Speaker 2: Well, the other element here too is the Feds could very well over to say yea, we're not going to do this, go ahead and make your TC beverages were good and now you guys got a ramp production. It's going to cost you more money to get back online. And that's the hope. And they were pessimistic as opposed to optimistic as to what the federal legislature do. He is a Scottie Hunter Kohner and founder of Urban Artifact Brewing. Fingers crossed at the Supreme court intervenes today. I hope that's the case. If so, we'll get you back on right away. And I hope that that is the case up in Columbus. Scotty all the best and hang in there, man.
Speaker 4: I appreciate Scott, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Take care you bet there you go very latest on that. Enjoy the games. You just can't do it with a THHC drink because if you do, when you try to bring it in from another state, Jackie Gleeson will be chasing you like he did Burt Reynolds and smoking the bandit. It's unreal. Seven hundred WLW. Hi Scott filling here on.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 2: So we've heard the story of the age Ol store about renters v. Landlords and there's an effort to reduce repeat emergency calls to rental properties. And you know sometimes there are properties out there and people renting that are nuisance. At least in Kentucky, common sense is king because there they're proposing a law which would address chronic nuisance occurrences at the properties, a three strikes in your outlaw and on that is Boone County Commissioner Jesse Brewer, working with state REPTJ. Roberts in Northern Kentucky for house spilled three three seven that would do justice.
Speaker 3: Jesse welcome, how you been?
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm great. Thanks thanks for vting me on. Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it all right, give me the details of though, First of all, why is this needed? How big a problem are the nuisance tenants in Northern Kentucky and Boone County?
Speaker 7: So well, it's not just Boone County. It's everywhere.
Speaker 6: This is it.
Speaker 7: It's any area where you have rental property. What if you get someone that's successively abusing public services? You know there this is This is for the person that plays for Radio two loud all the time, or maybe partaking in some substances they shouldn't partake in. The neighbors smell it and complain or whatever the case may be, what they call neighbor. Someone calls nine to one one, The police have to go out there, The paramedics have to go out there for whatever reason, and also not it's taking away from their job of what they should be doing, you know, because they have to respond no matter what, because what if it's that one time there is really a problem, Right, So they got to respond. Well, after they do this so many times, the cities in counties two, they can tell the property owner, hey, we got a problem here at this property.
Speaker 6: We've been here at X y z times. I'll you know.
Speaker 7: I had a tenant in a building in the city in Kenton County, and I think the police were there eighteen times in a thirty day span because he would just went and quit playing the stereo aloud, and then they were kept calling, and so the city came to me and said, hey, you gotta do something about this or you're going to start finding you. Well, under current law, if a tenant's paying their rent, you can't just give them a seven day notes to vacate for non payment rent. I know Ohio is three day, but in Kentucky at seven, you can't just give them a seven day non payment notice. You gotta file thirty day eviction notice. You gotta file thirty day notice to vacate.
Speaker 6: Then you can of victims.
Speaker 7: So they'll get me there, pronuncio two to three months. Well, what House Soil three thirty seven will do is it will allow us to shorten that length and that notice period, shorten it up, allowing to get them out quicker the NW sense, which is for less of austral of public services. The property owner can then maybe get a tenant in there that's a good community member. Lower their costs, you know, because you got a person that's doing this things tearing the place up. Lower my cost, I lower my operating costs, I lower my housing costs, housing gifts cheaper.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that makes sense. Let me jesse.
Speaker 2: Let me play devil's advocate for just a second. I like being the devil's advocate here. This happened in Ohio years ago when we had when gun crimes are starting to, I guess become more of an issue than they are now. Seems kind of quaint to think that wasn't the case. But they decided, hey, we're going to sue gun man if we're going to have their gun manufactured. Then the defense was, well, you know what, why are you soon as well? Because the cost police fire, emergency responders and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: It's a fall the gun.
Speaker 2: What wind up happening is that, well, no, that's why police fire and MS exists is in order to do that, you can't sue someone for doing their job in that case. Does that apply here in that. Yeah, it might be a nuisance and it's training resources. But police fire and MS exists to respond in this case. Nuisance sentence. Police exists to respond to things like that as part of their job description.
Speaker 3: Is that an affirmatile defense?
Speaker 7: It could be, but then they're going to look to you as a property owner because they have ordinances on our boats that says you have a problem ten here that's creating and creating us to be called come here too much, stucking up too much resources, and we're.
Speaker 6: Going to start charging you for these trips.
Speaker 7: Or you've got a problem here with this tenant because the resident that you're responsible for because we are here too much, got it because it's there. So it's I feel what you're saying on that. But with the ordinance and laws are in the books, we are kind of forced as property as to do something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then I could I could turn that around and go, okay, well if I got to make if we're making multiple runs to the same place over and over and over again, could that not apply to I don't know, a sports stadium. Could that un apply to a university? Could that not apply let's say to a nursing home where you you know again, whether it's police fireing mess. Okay, there's a nursing home here where I live, and in every other day there's a squad out front, largely because the people inside are the age where they're passing away or suffering the debilitating or stressing the medical emergencies as comes with old age. But no one would agree that, hey, you know what, we should target a nursing home because of all the response calls we have there because they're abusing the system, correct.
Speaker 7: And that's where the abuse is the system going to come in as a specific person. If you have a nursing home a large department store, you're getting calls as different people, different issues, or they're legitimate medical emergencies. And again this doesn't get triggered unless the cities or the municipalities cite the property of yeah so, and they're not going to do that unless it's a legitimate abusive that's the legitaries will be there, but they're not going that's those triggers wouldn't happen.
Speaker 3: Got it, got it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And in Cincinnati, I don't know if it's changed since or not. I don't own proper Encincinnati, but for a while they were talking, Hey, you know what, if you've got a you have a tenant that's a problem. After a couple occurrences, we're going to start finding the landlord.
Speaker 3: I go, wait a minute, now.
Speaker 2: If I've got a grown ass adult living in one of my units, am I responsible to drive by several times a day to make sure that individuals not playing their music loud or smoking weed in the yard or doing it? And of course not that that's on them, not, that's not the landlord.
Speaker 7: I don't disagree with you at all, And but they look at you as their screen or responsible person to put them in there. Mike Keunterden, Well, if they owned their own house, so you start signing fighting, then yeah exactly, said the police source said, yeah, we will.
Speaker 6: There's orgiousness for that.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh, okay that because the people who are irresponsible we won't hold accountable.
Speaker 2: We'll count the typical in America, the people who are responsible accountable. We're gonna hold them responsible as opposed to the people are even though they're all adults. I can see it doing for a kid, but these are grown adults.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 7: And a lot of times when the first responders in the cities don't necessarily understand how landlord tenant law works, and they're like, get this person out of here, let's do process. I gotta give them a thirty day notice. I gotta wait for this. I gotta you know, there's hoops I gotta jump through, and they don't understand that. A grasp that and they get frustrated with you. So ideally this would allow us to identify the problem that apple is a few and speed up that time to save resources, preserve property. You know, if I got a tenant that's just junking up the yard and jumping dunk junk cars in the yard, doing this and doing that, I gotta let them sit there and continue to damage the property for an extra month under the current wall.
Speaker 6: Assuming that rent. This way, I can streak. I get the streak the problem, lower my.
Speaker 7: Cost, get a better ten in there, make the neighbors happy, make the police have apartment, our department happy, code enforcement happy, and everyone wins.
Speaker 2: And it's good for the nator's if you you know the other thing, Jesse Burwer by their Boone County Commissioner on this three strikes in your outlaw that's being proposed in Kentucky, meaning that if police have multiple calls, we'll get the details of that. A second, multiple calls to a rental property. Uh, you can, as a landlord evict that person that that holds them accountable for their actions. Because the way is in Cincinnatis, it was is all right, we're going to go after the landlord if it's a new sentenant. Okay, well, can I victim? Oh no, no, no, no no, that's that's damn near impossible to kick kick these people out because you know, you got to go a course the whole probably Well wait a minute, hold on just a second. Here, this is Jesse. I like you because your common sense kind of guy like me. This is just damn common sense. Get into the details exactly. Yeah, get into the details of what the triggers for this eviction would be.
Speaker 7: So first of all, it starts with if people just do what they're supposed to do and be normal human beings, you don't have anything to worry about. Right If if people just do the right thing and and not be an a hole, you know, then you wouldn't have any issues. But this is designed for you know, you got someone that's likes to put off a bunch of crap in the yard of the property and make it unsafe. They're putting cars or putting refrigerators or whatever they want to do. I had this happen to me. Well, city site you as they rightfully should.
Speaker 6: I get that.
Speaker 7: Okay, they're gonna site. If you can't do this, we've got to ordinance FI get this. You know, after about three or four of those you like for when you always find a stack up, and now they're like, get this person out of here. You know, we keep coming over here to deal the decisions. This person needs to go. Well, they pay their rent, so I got to go file a third day notice to vacate on them, and then I can file an addition after that if they stay, and that's another thirty days. Right, Meanwhile, you're still dealing with the same issues and the frustrations growth. Or you get another person that you know they like to play the stereo a little too loud and the neighbors are constantly calling the police. Well, if they show up about three or four or five times within a certain times, man, they will send you a love note that says we're going to start finding you. Mister property owner. You need to get your tenant community orders rules in line. So's there's some layers that have to happen here. You know, you have to have an excessive repeat offender that that that has unfounded you know, call for service, then the city would have to cite you or or then the city would say okay, this is the problem. They give you the notice, then you can do the three day notice of vak as this law of proposed gotcha and shave a month off the shave a month off the process.
Speaker 2: So you have to have what three three strikes in a would you say, six month period.
Speaker 7: That's what the current that's how it is currently written. But it's a lot of the stiff fall discretionary to when the city is also cite the landlords. There's still gonna be some bugs to work out here. I think the three months has three, three and six months. But the city doesn't cite you, or the county doesn't cite you, then there's no trigger there. They have to be the one to take the step to site you.
Speaker 2: What about an element of discrimination? And here in a sense that because I'm just trying to think of how how one may counter this argument in poke holes and help the law become better let's say, for example, Uh, there's some bad neighbors and they don't like the person living there because they're young, they're old, they're white, they're black, they are I don't know, gay, straight, whatever it might be. And like the neighbors are like, wow, you know, are they You know I've seen this one before too. But belive in our political affiliations, we don't want this person the neighbor.
Speaker 3: You do that?
Speaker 2: How do we know that those are legitimate calls for service and complaints as opposed to someone just trying to run someone off of property.
Speaker 6: And that's a good point. That's it to be worked out.
Speaker 7: And I believe if the spirit of the law would be they are the problem, not someone calling on them for someone that they can't control, like one of those types of things. Okay, you know you still have they everyone still have the First Amendment right. They still have a right, you know, freedom of speech and see whatever of religion, political affiliation they want. And if they're you know, spare housing has a lot of protections there and someone's calling just one of those onreed reasons, and the city gets there said, well, this isn't.
Speaker 6: Really have found a complaint.
Speaker 7: They can't go back on you and make you violate fair housing to move someone out because of the color their skin, or they're religion or family's destined and everything.
Speaker 2: Why yeah, I mean you could always find you a neighbor doing something you disagree with, but calling the place. Some people do that. They're vindictive, they got nothing better to do. I've seen it happen. I'm sure you've seen it happen with with sentence as well. And whatever the issue is, it shouldn't cause you to lose where you live because it's the it's the other person's problem, not yours.
Speaker 7: And that's would be where they have to have a valid nuisance violations, not something that's what you suggested.
Speaker 6: What would that that's something of it, Jesse Brewer.
Speaker 3: Would domestic violence calls be excluded from this?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: I hope so.
Speaker 7: And that's something I would hope so because that's a safety issue, right, I would definitely hope that you would have domestic violence issues be screened on that. And that's a tricky one because you don't want anyone to be in an that stage situation. So I believe that's what would be need to be excluded from that. As a domestic violence called absolutely Boon.
Speaker 2: County Commissioner Jesse Brewer on the Scotsland Show seven hundred w all over but his hospital three thirty seventies helping craft. That would three strikes an out rule for chronic nuisance tenants. So if you get three service calls within a six months parent the granted, those have to be verified and this person has to you know, you get eighteen noise complaints, as you said, you should get run off and it gives three days notice for a landlord to evict you. If you are one of those people who are using a lot of the resources. You mentioned this about saving money and allocate proper allocation resources. Uh, there's overtime costs, there's equipment where how prow big a problem?
Speaker 3: Is this really? How many nuisance tenants are there?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it a huge problem or.
Speaker 7: The Kentucky it's enough to where we're talking about it right. Uh, it's one of it's one of those issues. Is it is it? Is it detrimental to the business? No? Uh, but this would just prevent a problem. Yes, it's a problem. It's it's not that we have a lot of these problems, but when you have one, it's a big problem, or could be a big problem and very falsely problem uh for the cities to.
Speaker 6: Dispatch services for the property and every thing else.
Speaker 7: So you know, if I have one hundred tenants, you know this might be one or two of them. But when you start multiplying, now you know, across all the rental property and everything else, and compounding it, and you know you you know, you have ten thousand pieces of rental property nation of city. There's a lot of services on a police department, fire department to be wasted.
Speaker 2: Not much of a deal at the Northern Kentucky University or Mount Saint Joe. But what about UK Louisville, big universities where you have a large number of young people like to have fun and be allowed at all ours a night. What about UK Louisville and schools like that relative to off campus housing, well, KHUS it could.
Speaker 6: Be little different.
Speaker 7: So I get it's that it had to be the triggering of the calls from the police to the landlord. But a lot of those cities already have ordinances in place, and what they're going to do is they still if you have a problem, they still are going to make you get rid of them.
Speaker 4: This isn't like there's so many.
Speaker 6: If I have a nuisance.
Speaker 7: Problem today right now on the current law, I'm still getting the love branch from the city with a citation, threats or citations than deal with this. So I have it just takes me thirty days to get them out.
Speaker 6: And then the no thirty days.
Speaker 7: Interesting in theory, if I can get them out faster, this could be an enticement for people to behave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it could very well be. Again, there's a lot of there's some perils in here that have to be addressed, So I'd imagine it could take a bit of time to get through the legislature, and.
Speaker 6: It may not get through this year.
Speaker 7: A lot of times the legislation like this comes up and gets introduced for a year, they talked about it and tweak it among all the other legislations that they do, and it might come back next year looking a little different. But the conversation starts the committee meeting here. You can start on any legislation that you got to get it introduced. You've got to get it going, and then you've got to get input from the other stakeholders and groups and address it.
Speaker 6: It might take two or three sessions to get something push now, No, that makes sense. Kentucky is the Kentucky is the budget year.
Speaker 7: It's our bi annual Kentucky would do the budget every other year for two years, so it's our bi annual budget year. So there's a lot of high priorities that Kentucky right now, you know, I know there's they got a lot of like the.
Speaker 6: Grooming bill Marian from here, that's a.
Speaker 7: Good one she's got filed, right So there's a lot of other jos say, higher priorities for legislators rightfully, So we've got so much time. So this one might make it heard and talked about. Isn't really brought and center.
Speaker 4: It's a niche it's a niche issue.
Speaker 7: It's a niche industry problem for police, fire and cities. So but it could get talked about, expand upon and move along the typeline.
Speaker 6: Sure, but there's certain priorities.
Speaker 7: There's only so much time to day for these legislators that to address issues, and they'll get to it when they can get to it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Jesse brew Boone County Commission. Always a pleasure having you on and something to think about, for sure. I think it's interesting I want to follow this one, uh and see if we can do this in Ohio because it makes sense. I think you can't force someone to be a good neighbor, but the law should be able to help you. This one. It's good for the neighborhood. It's good you think, Anna Jesse all the best, Thanks for jumping in.
Speaker 6: Thanks apreciate a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you too, be well are you doing in your brackets so far? I'm actually not bad. I'm like eighty something percent, eighty five eighty, I forget what it is. Ohio State and a couple others got me. But but the good news is some of the dogs I got those. So I'm feeling pretty good today. At four twenty five, it is Miami and number six Tennessee. The play in Darlings take on Tennessee. I got, I got the RedHawks, and I'm betting with my head, not my heart. I think that I think Miami for some reason in my head, I got it they can beat Tennessee.
Speaker 3: We'll find out today.
Speaker 2: And if you're looking for place to hang, if you're Miami supporter, grad a little whatever, Holy Grail banks today they'll have them. The doors open, the beer flowing, the nice warm weather blowing in, and you can watch any one of the sixteen matchups today at Holy Grail Banks, but especially Miami later on Today Scott's Loan Show continues seven.
Speaker 3: Hundred w Welde You want to be a.
Speaker 2: Boy If you're on the mindset that the world right now, in a particular the American world is troubled, I don't think it is. I think we have some We have a lot of problems. We've always had a lot of problems. The problems just shift into different problems and the things that were problems gets fixed, and its just the nature of life. But if you look at it as half empty, you're going to get half empty. And I point this out because of all the things we got going on in the world, this one, to me is the biggest indicator that we have problems. TMZ is reporting that Chuck Norris is dead at the age of eighty six. I said, Chuck Norris dead at the age of eighty six per TMZ. Of course, knowing what was Delta Force and Missing Inaction and Walker Texas Ranger and the Living Embodiment and all the jokes and memes about Chuck Norris never dying, He's actually died, according to the reports. And I just read this this morning oddly, I mean literally maybe an hour before the word came out from TMZ that he had died, that he had some sort of medical emergency in Kauwhai Andaii that landed him in the hospital. And I said, well, we don't know what the problem is, but he's in good spirits because he was on the island training and he just had his birthday I think a couple of weeks ago, he turned eighty six, and he marked the occasion by posting a video on social that showed him sparring with a trainer, and everything was fine, and he fell ill quickly, a medical emergency and went to the hospital Hawaii. And now Chuck Norris passed away at the age eighty six. You know, you talk about economic issues and the price of gas in the war, and political polarization and governance be it federal, state or local healthcare, social issues, safety and crime huge here in Cincinnati. Infrastructures falling apart in Cincinnati. Education we got problems in schools. Of course, there's a disconnect. We for further and further behind. We have a maximum credit card debt, more and more people take it more to other furrow one K. I can handle all that. But when Chuck Norris passes away, when Chuck Norris decides to depart this heaven, maybe I should not be so glass half full. Look at this as a sign. I don't know, but God bless Chuck Norris eighty six. He just seemed like a guy's gonna live forever. That's a shocker right there. And meanwhile, meanwhile, people like Keith Richards just keeps on going. Now when he goes, Keith Richard goes in the next two or three days, it is the end times. The people who say repent now walking around with the sandwich boards, talking about the sky falling at all, Hell's breaking loose, you know, the Bill Cunninghams of the world, that everything's going to end. In short, dude, if Keith Richards goes because we lost Azzie. If Keith goes, there might be something here because if he can go and Chuck Norris goes, got issues, got big issues. I don't know about you and what your reaction was to this. I laughed out loud, and actually I was having a sip of water at the time, and I did a spit take literally spit up water all over my car when I heard this, and my car needs some water in the inside, So maybe it's not that a bad thing. So Trump is at the at the White House yesterday or day before or whatever, and he has the Japanese PM, they're the Prime Minister, and one of the reporters in the pool, I think it was a Japanese reporter asked President Trump about not informing US allies about military strikes in Iran, and Trump said, we didn't tell anyone about it because we wanted a surprise.
Speaker 3: Uh. I added, the do not the president, uh Trump, but the Trump.
Speaker 2: Fashion goes, who knows better about surprises than Japan? Okay, why didn't you tell me about Pearl Harbor?
Speaker 3: Too soon?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: I thought that was great.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's done a number of things in recent memory that caused you to cringe, you know, and go, oh, dude, why do you got to shoot yourself in the foot? Why do you why do you undermine your own cause so much? And yet this one, I'm fine. I thought that was funny. I thought it was hysterical myself. Yeah, well, what about Pearl Harbor?
Speaker 3: What about that? Uh? I don't know. Too soon? Maybe maybe not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean a little bit different, I guess, because but it's like we don't tell people because we want to kind of keep it secret. We don't want to lose the element of surprise. All right, fair enough, However, you're you're not building a coalition. So then there's that, Then there's that other stuff going on. Here's another reason, in my opinion, to stay away from the beach. Have you heard about the blue dragon? Okay, so today, by the way, in what do we got here? Thirty four minutes from right now, mark it will officially be spring, officially be spring. And with that becomes well planning your summer vacations, because we're in spring break right now, and maybe you're gonna go somewhere nice and Sonny. Maybe you're gonna go somewhere for spring break nice and sonny.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: God bless you if you are get out here. Wait for another thing to add to the Chuck Norris thing. A lines, so something called the blue Dragon, that it's on beaches and.
Speaker 3: It's washing up.
Speaker 2: I guess it's a sea slug that's washing up on the Texas Gulf Coast in huge numbers. And spring breakers are trying to avoid this. The blue dragon lives on a diet of Portuguese man o wars and has because they eats the Portuguese. The man o wars has its own venom. And anyone that gets too close and the water in the beach whatever literally can put you in a bad way could kill you. And I see this and I go wow. Everyone cannot wait to go to Florida now, Destin, go to the Carolinas, go to Texas, go to the Caribbean. Wherever they're sand to beach. I gotta get some sand. I gotta go get down. I gotta see the beach. Oh my god, it's been snowing for so long, it's been so cold. I gotta get some beach time. There's something really really weird in my opinion about the love of sand. I mean, I like going to where it's Warmhow we just went to Florida. The only sand I got into was my ball landing constantly, it seemed to every bunker on every golf course I played in Florida. But nonetheless, that's a different kind of sand. I just I never understood, like I got to go to the beach. The beach so you stay in the hotel that has a perfectly good pool, and then you slept down of the beach with all your gear, your chairs, you got your cooler, you got your umbrella. You're gonna try and fight for a spot. I just I to me, it's like what a pain in the ass, Like I hate the beach.
Speaker 3: The sand.
Speaker 2: First of all, once you have sand on you, it gets everywhere. I don't care how many of the surf side showers that the cold water that comes out, you rinse off, you go okay, and then what do you do? You walk back in the sand to get where you're going, So you still have sand on you. And even if you didn't, and we're doing it where there's no sand, you somehow still magically have sand in crevices you didn't know you had.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that.
Speaker 2: So you get home on vacation and like three months later, you'll be taking your shoe off and sand will fallock on.
Speaker 3: How the heck that was three months ago?
Speaker 2: And that just makes you more depressed because you're back back in Cincinnati, or you're walking through the sand and okay, there's people leave garbage, kids are leave it, you know, broken glass, there's bird poop.
Speaker 3: There's sticks.
Speaker 2: That's like it's you know, you'll cut your feet up if you're not being careful. Then you have the sea. Sea generally doesn't smell all that good. There's now there's a few areas the world or the country where the sea is amazing. You know that deep, but we don't have that deep blue. We got like seaweed and it's gray. There's undertoes that'll kill you. You got sharks, you got baby shark, did it?
Speaker 3: Did it?
Speaker 2: You got the sea slugs now the blue dragon. You got sting rays, you got jellyfish, and I mean, I think about it. You go in the ocean. What does the ocean try to do? The ocean is just it doesn't want you in there. You walk into the tide and what happens. It pushes you back. Even the ocean is saying, get the f out. We don't watch you. I don't watch you in my Get on my water. It's pushing you, literally pushing you back to the pool with the chlorinated bar. The pool water. The bar is right there. You got a nice lounge chair, somebody's breaks, you got towels, The bathroom's right there. You're not you're not going to the bathroom or you're swimming, and what are we doing here? I just I never in my life understood. I have never been so confused in my life as I'm about beaches.
Speaker 3: I understand. A long time ago, that's all you had.
Speaker 2: You know, when the Sunlight Pool was the Sunlight Pool before, well, you know, people protested river bending. People stop going there. Why because we've got tons of pools all over the place. Like, go to a pool with clean water. It was a big deal back in the day because you'd go to the Ohio River and that was janky, right you look down there and I'd swimming too that.
Speaker 3: But the Sunlight Pool.
Speaker 2: Great pools became pretty cheap, pretty affordable, got them all over the place. Every hotel has one. No, no, I go a vacation. Care's the beach right there? He had great. I'm gonna sit here by the pool. Why because there's a swim up bar. They got music, there's no sand. I don't have to a brush, sharks don't have to brun jellyfish. It's the same sun. Like, what this is better? This is better here. I'm here where it's better, and everyone's down by the beach. May I'm sitting by the pool. I will die on that mountain. I will die on that hill that the beach sucks. The beach is stupid. Now, if you want a jet ski or surf or wind surf, sure, absolutely, one hundred percent, I'm down with that. But if you're not, there's really no reason to go to the beach because you gotta dres. On top of that, you gotta drag everything you need there. If you're you're a hotel with a pool, everything you have is they'll bring it to you. The whole point of vacation is too much dam work to go to the beach. Too much dam work. Now if you go into a place that doesn't have the hotel, I'm thinking of like nice and warm. You know, we stayed in the house years and years ago, and the kids are young to the family trip to the outer Banks and it was lovely and the beach was about a block away. But again you had to get a wagon and drag everything down there. And it's like it's a lot of work to go to the beach and then stand there and go, well, the water's too cold. Got a perfect good pool at the house, let's use that. Let's go there. Blue dragon. Another reason Mother Nature and God are telling you stay the hell out of the ocean. Stay out of the ocean. We've got march madness today. I want to give a plug into my friends and my buddy John Strausser and the Miami University Alumni people, the association. They're getting at their meeting today. By the way, for a UM grad. I'm sorry, m you grad, not UM, that'd be Michigan, Miami University, you are. They're doing a watch part day at Holy Girl Banks, and of course we'll be there Thursday for opening Day twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: What a perfect day.
Speaker 2: The weather is going to be absolutely spectacular, I believe today it looks like a few clouds right now, cloudy skies, maybe a very slight storm chains around six o'clock. But what they call is a marginal risk, and so far it looks like it might miss the tri State. But again, it's gonna go up to seventy three today. They're gonna have the doors open. Go to a place where you can open the doors and watch college basketball. Miami tips off I think four to twenty five against number six Tennessee, and people will be drinking their beers today for sure, a lot of beer will becomes a lot of elk will be consumed. And I was thinking about that because I saw I don't know what made me think of this, and I had to one of the du to those deep dives or something that's totally inconsequential, which is why I talk about this on Friday morning. What happened to these squat beer bottle? Remember stubbies, like the little beer I'm not talking little kings where it's a little or even the Corona Rita is the little six ounce. I'm talking about stubby beer balls, a little brown short beer bottles, the stubby. What happened to those? I think Red Stripe is the only brand that still does the stubbies, and that fell out of favor. Not that long ago.
Speaker 3: They used to.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, My old man did get that, you know, whatever it was he'd drag over from Cana. They go to Canada, get the Canadian beer because it was the only place you get to go there, bring it back and everything was on a stubby, and now everything's a long neck. And so I started thinking about this. These are things that keep me awake at night. By the way, I know they have medicine for people like me, but I refuse. So what happened was the long neck bottle became the industry standard because it is more efficient to ship into store. The reason why they got rid of the stubby is because you can pack more bottles on a pallette if you do the long necks, because stubbies are wider and they waste more space in the cases, none on the shelves.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I taught.
Speaker 2: I mean, who am I to argue with the science of the industry, But it's just a height thing, and I guess you could stack more stubby containers on a palette than you could long necks. But largely they came about. These stubbies were popular in part because they were thin and durable. So back in the day we used to return them for money. I don't vaguely remember that, but you get a bottle, you turn it back. In some states I think still do that and you get I don't know, maybe a penny or five cents or a dime or whatever for every bottle you'd return it. They'd recycle it, they'd wash it, they'd would fill it as many times as possible, and they tended to be because they're shorter, they didn't break as much as the long necks, and so they got rid of this. I started like in the nineteen seventies and eighties, I think is when it went. And then it just became the one way package, and cansby became bigger because they're easier to open, and they became from ten to aluminum, and so the long neck came to be associated with premium branding, which is I think the really interesting part about this is for some reason, the mindset was that the long neck fits better in your hand. I think it does because you hold the neck and it keeps the beer cold. And it just became like the I don't know, the Jello or the Kleenex for containers to put beer in. It just became shorthand for beer and advertising. And so Stubby's to feel outdated in a little down market. And then when craft burning blow up, they leaned heavily in the long neck because people saw that as more teasonal and you cans have made a comeback in craft for freshness and portability, but the Stubby never really rolled that wave.
Speaker 3: And anything from.
Speaker 2: Cooler dars, refrigerator doors, vending machine, six pack carries all engineered around the long neck standard, so once that infrastructure is built out, they weren't going to go back. Now there are some markets too, and Canada, so you can still find some stubbies Australia and Europe at large outside of red stripe. That's about it. So it's more of a nostalge item today. And now you know, when you're drinking your beer today watching basketball, why you're drinking it out of long neck bottle and not a stubby. And now I think the little Kings they still have the little the minis. You also had the I mentioned the Corona Rita's the little tiny I think, what are they?
Speaker 3: Eight ounces or six ounces?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Now you know you can you get oil cans and everything else.
Speaker 2: But now you know the history of the long neck bottle and why why the stubby went away and why the long neck stays? Hey, real quick, there is one around and I've Phil caught it right away. Phil in Cincinnati on the Scott Fold Show.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, course banquet comes.
Speaker 2: In a stubbies, Yes, sir, they held on to that. I think it's because the course banquet beer is a such a throwback to the old days.
Speaker 3: That it fits their nostalgia.
Speaker 2: That's all I needed, all right, appreciate you, thanks so much. Yeah, I forgot about that. The cores banquet beer in the stubby I you skill stubby cores, but you know the banquet beer. And I hear Sam Elliot's with the banquet beer. That's a really bad Sam Elliott by the way, like Sam Ellen who huffed helium and also has throat congestion.
Speaker 3: That's what that sounded like.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, but they goes back to the eighteen hundred, so you know that whole cowboy I mean the old old school ones.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, you want to go way back. Hold you don't see like the big jug like back in the back in the day, the fact that you bring your you'd send your kid down to the local pub to get draft beer in a bucket literally as a bucket a bit, not a growler, no, no, I'm talking about like literally a pale Back in the day, they would the kid would go down with some money and go to the local bar and they take draft beer and fill a tin bucket up with beer. Now I could see why that didn't stay, why that didn't really catch on. There may be some problems there with contamination, spillage, dog licking out of it.
Speaker 3: You know, I just probably do want a solid container. That's all.
Speaker 2: We got a news update on the way Momentarily, I mentioned that forecast is looking great and pretty much dry through most of the day. On Sunday, temperatures will drop back down. But opening day, I can tell you this at the Holy Girl Banks on Thursday at nine am, when I'll be kicking things off down there. Seventy degrees and rain late Thursday. But right now, if that stands, we are looking for an epic opening day weatherwise and hopefully on the field as well here on the home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Since NAT the music means.
Speaker 2: Pageantry, it means glory, it means money, it means the tournament is here. Austin Elmore and from ESPN fifteen thirty. Off again today because of Kentucky basketball.
Speaker 9: Yet again, I was off regardless because I don't know if you know that we we typically do this and at times we have done this. Uh Friday conversation, the first Friday of the tournament, in which I've been preparing for a trip to the Moose right.
Speaker 3: So that's where I'll be going going to the Moose Lodge.
Speaker 9: I'm going to the Moose Lodge later this afternoons. Be a great place to watch cam. Oh it's the freaking best. Wait do they have both TV's on? They both? How dare you number number one? How dare that's where I watched the Bengals beat the Raiders win the playoff TVs?
Speaker 3: They have it, they'll.
Speaker 9: Probably ten really, yes, all right? I man, it's it's on a golf course too. You would love it. That course would tear you up, tear you of course, lost three balls at the.
Speaker 3: Water again.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I mean, I'm about to go down to Great American Ballpark. We get the new food tasting coming up, all the new stuff that's coming up at GABP this year.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go check that out.
Speaker 9: You're not gonna say no to free me on, Absolutely not, I'm not stupid. And then I'm gonna go go up to the Moose lads watch some college backsday.
Speaker 2: Also that speaking of college back in Miami today at for twenty five, Yes, they're having a big watch party at the Grail.
Speaker 3: So if you're down there, the alumni are going down there.
Speaker 9: I stopped by there last night afterwards to go hang out with my buddy Moegor, who did his show from down there. Tend to noon yesterday, It's always one of the funnest days of the year. Watched a little bit of the North Carolina game and the Cardi b concert was next door. Wasn't you want to talk about seeing some fits?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 9: It was fun like the people watching was elite at the Grail last night and it was the windows doors open. I was like, yeah, it was like seventy degrees. It's a great day to stay inside watch bass.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then today, I mean, you're gonna have what Kentucky's at noon and then Miami at four, You're gonna have a It's gonna be a good day for those guys.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: All right, let's begin with that with college basketball, and I think the biggest story come out of college basketball is what does it deal with Charles Barkley suit Like he lost all that weight and still has the fat man suit. Like he looks like a kid wearing his dad's jacket.
Speaker 9: Your thoughts, Yeah, the first thing I thought of was the the old coach of the New York Giants, Ben mcadoon. Yeah, he had lost hundreds of pounds and never bought a new suit. So he gets introduced as the new head coach of the New York Giants and it is twice as big as the suit that Charles is wearing. And so I don't know. I know how Charles was unprepared for this. And he's on TV every day. Yeah, and I've seen the commercials. He's like, yeah, losing weight. Yeah, So I don't know why, unless it's just he's stubborn about his He's just stubborn about his suits. I don't know what's going on, sure, but I know that yesterday was a particularly bad look for true.
Speaker 2: It was pretty bad. So I'm glad we got that out of the way. So let's talk to yesterday.
Speaker 9: Big.
Speaker 3: I wish I had that problem. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of upsets though, starting with I mean, I'm look at the games going on. That VCU game was. It was the most ridiculous comeback. I watched like the last ten minutes of it. That was an awesome game of your buck, guys, let me down. I had not a rarely bet on the Buckeyes, but I did this time, and they screwed me thoughts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I knew better than to bet on to pick them, but I did it anyways because I drank the kool aid of the way that they played the last two weeks of the regular season, and by god, they almost had another comeback just like that VCU comeback almost fifteen points and you get the ball in the hands of Bruce Thornton. But I don't understand with four seconds left you have to go ninety feet to get to the rim and you pass the ball backwards and then settle for a half court heave. It was a terrible final possession for Ohio State. A difficult end to that because it felt like they, you know, had really gone on a run the last couple of weeks. Bruce Thorton, that whole story was really cool. Is the first time he gets to play in the tournament and that ends like that. That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Texas, and I mean eleven step seeing the six is not that big a deal.
Speaker 3: But Texas not gonna off BYU.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean aj Devance the best player in the country. A lot of people think. I mean, I thought it was funny. Sean Murty five points man, Sean Miller was asked last night, like, how do you stop him? He's like you can't, Like we don't, Like, we just we got to do other stuff because we're not going to stop that guy.
Speaker 2: How often this happen where dude gets half of your points?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean he's he's a monster. And if you watch BYU at all this year, you've seen it. I mean that dude can just flat out fill it up. And I thought b YU was a pretty trendy pick because of that going into the next rounds.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you what, Sean Miller, the dude can coach.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's move on today. Sixteen more games. Of course, the one we're all kind of focused on right now is Miami and Tennessee. I got them moving on to the next round simply because I think I'm a homer a little bit too. A love the story, I love it, but also Tennessee hasn't been very good down the stretch, lost for their last six, so I'm hoping Miami pulls up.
Speaker 3: I hope they do too.
Speaker 9: I mean, I picked Tennessee and nobody cares about my bracket, but I think most people will have picked Tennessee just because they're an SEC team, and they've had a lot of different tests over the course of the season. I do think there's something to Miami, though. You've got that win out of the way, you got the first four win, you won your tournament game, you let it rip, and you know what, at this point, let it all hang out. And Miami is going to have a chance to do that against Tennessee. And you know the other part too, is I feel like Travis Steele did a great job of being prepared for anything that SMU was going to throw at them. If they went zone, they spread them out, they attacked the middle of the floor, they continued to create space for three point shots, they went backdoor off of a time out. They were so well prepared to beat you with some x's and o's. Because they don't have the most athletic players, they don't have the biggest player on the floor, but they've used the spacing of the floor, the pace that they play with the threat of the three ball to create a lot of different opportunities on offense. And that's why they're one of the best offensive teams in the country. So if you do execute at that level and you have a little bit of a screw it, let it all hang out type of mentality.
Speaker 3: You absolutely can win.
Speaker 2: That play loose, right, Yeah, that's okay, it's well over stated, but it's so true. Yeah, it's probably loose and it's up.
Speaker 9: It honestly does come down to that of like, who's gonna puck her up? Now that we're into the second round or the first round, however you describe of the NCAA trying to.
Speaker 2: See I mean, the pressure's on them. It's like Miami is like, hey man, we're playing with house money, No one I expect us to be here.
Speaker 9: So I thought there was one or two players for Miami who puckered up in that game against SMU. But now hopefully, you know, you move on from that and hopefully some Tennessee players do pucker up.
Speaker 2: Speaking of puckering up, what about UK? You see puckering Santa Clair is like it's yeah and a rite off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't think Kentucky fans feel great about this game, and it's one of those sexy picks, that ten to seven matchup with Santa Clara upsetting Entucky. I just heard Adam Lefgo, the studio host at CBS, say he thinks Santa Clara is going to win this game. Kentucky has just been up and down all season long. You don't know what to expect from them at any point, and so for that reason, I'm going to be picking Kentucky to uh win a close one.
Speaker 3: But it's not going to be easy.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we pause for just a second, something very important? Just sure we have breaking news here on seven hundred word in three two one.
Speaker 3: You know what? You know what it is right now? Spring it's officially spring. Just happened. Just happened?
Speaker 2: Wow, equinox, Yay, here comes the ball? Did we did we lose an hour?
Speaker 3: What just happened?
Speaker 2: I just changed the batteries as I smoked.
Speaker 3: Wow, Happy spring Spring. That's awesome. It feels like spring. It does, does it? There we go wonderful? All right?
Speaker 2: I should have played all lang yin or something and the downtown, but I'm not very prepared.
Speaker 3: On Friday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like to do that aud Lane sign at the Happy New Year. The NFL league year starts like a four o'clock on a Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Right, we should do that opening day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We should.
Speaker 3: I'd start that at nine o'clock. We got too many good ideas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too many? Yeah, any other things going on? Yeah, I only got thirty seconds. All right, So games today Villanova Utah, Well we getting back in this. We mentioned Kentucky of course in Santa Clair. Villanova and Utah STATEA eight eight nine are always great matchups.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they are. It's always good. You saw it yesterday. The Ohio State TCU game was really good. It's it's those teams are the most closely matched. I guess, and I won the week one. Yeah, so I'm excited. Yeah, it's gonna be a good day.
Speaker 2: So we start at a new first game as a twelve fifteen Kentucky matchup. You've got a couple more in there, and then you've got Miami at four twenty five and Tennessee and then games all weekends up. Kentucky of course can be heard on ESPN fifteen thirty and Austin and Tony will not All right, let's pivot from college basketball. I know that seems like it's a you know, we spent a lot of time talking about it.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 9: Can we say this about college basketball? Good for U see, good for Wes Miller to get out of that deal yesterday for three million bucks that's what I was gonna bring up right now. I mean, Mill, that's very good. That is a very good deal. Number one, Wes gets it all right now, good for him, and number two, Cincinnati saves a bunch of money. You can clarify their whole thing with what's probably gonna be Jared Calhoun as their next head coach. He plays later today his team you toss eight. Great job. John Cunningham has taken a lot of arrows lately, and he's deserved every single one of them. But he did a good job of getting uc out of that contract and saving them some money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congrats to Wes. Miller too jumped into I guess he's gonna They're gonna fire Jack Krumle.
Speaker 3: He's gonna beet a news news director. Is that right?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow, I did not know this one. I'm curious to see how well he works get along with Brian Combs and Matt Reith. Good luck with that. Yeah, I mean, but you know the thing is, John Cunney says the right things. But because that, I'm excited about the next chapter of Cincinnati basketball.
Speaker 3: Do they even know what.
Speaker 2: The next chapter of Cincinnati basketball?
Speaker 9: Yes, they did. It's Jared Calhoun. Okay, Yeah, that's that's who it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's a lock. That's a lock. Let's talk Red's baseball. We're in the home stretch right now. We are one week from yesterday, Austin will beat the Holy Girl Banks me and Mo. I believe Mo's with me again like he is every year, starting at nine o'clock for Red's opening days.
Speaker 3: Mo is just staying down there. I think I think he stayed the night.
Speaker 2: At the rail more time at a bar than Moegar.
Speaker 9: No, absolutely not. I think he stayed the night there last night. And we'll just be there from now until opening that barfly. Yeah, he really is, and thirty years are going to come back and walk in the Holy Girl. I remember this place. Is this old man sitting at the just smoking cigarettes? Even though you remember, do you remember Joe Nusall used to go to the same bob Evans every day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's in the same chair. They'll say, most chair.
Speaker 9: If I'm not mistaken, did the Reds Hall of Fame not get that chair from Bob Evans? And there's like a little plate plaque on it. They said, Joe Nuxall's chair They're can do that with Moe's barstool. Yeah, and the I heard Hall of Fame here, Yeah, exactly, they're going to do that too.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: So the Reds were off yesterday. They had a little prospect action going on. They play the clubs at My Park Sloan and My Park Sloan Park.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: I believe Brandon Williamson's going to get the start there down the stretch. Now, we're starting to get blisters repeering again. We got elbow chips and everything looked like, wow, we just got We've got this boundiful feast of pitching right now, and it's starting to get a little thinner than it was just a week ago.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they made it seem like the blister that was on Brady Singer's throwing finger or throwing hand was minor and precautionary, and they saw it developing, they said it didn't pop like for all those reasons, they feel pretty good about getting that, you know, ready to go for nine days from now when he's going to pitch.
Speaker 3: The Hunter Green thing.
Speaker 9: I give Hunter a lot of credit for, you know, coming back to Arizona and meeting with the reporters and explaining what happened and being more transparent about transparent about all that. He showed him his elbow and showed his range of motion, and he said he's feeling good about the timeline, so that's all good, and confirms that there was no ligament damage to his UCO and that's obviously the scariest part.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be out for a while.
Speaker 9: But the Reds have some good young pitchers man Chase Burns, Reht Louder, Brandon Williamson. They're all gonna make the team. The Reds are gonna do this kind of strange condensed six man rotation where one guy's gonna piggyback off the other guy, and because of the off days that they have early in the season in the way that the schedule plays out, I think they're gonna do that for the first couple of weeks and see what happens and try to save their bullpen a little bit and get the best guys available, best guys in the organization pitching for that first couple of weeks to start the year, and then they'll make some adjustments as things go on there. But I think it's an exciting time for those young pitchers to have Louder Williamson, who hasn't pitched in like two years. Yep, and Chase Burns continuing to come up. It's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: With the Chase Burns thing, he was kind of slowed down early on, had that range of motion issue.
Speaker 3: Is that still concern?
Speaker 9: They don't make it seem like it's a concern. I think that they are trying to help help Chase Burns establish what his routine is supposed to be as a big league pitcher. I think he's inconsistent with that routine. I think he might be a little bit immature with that routine. And if he's not totally preparing his body for every single start, then that could lead to an injury. And I think the Reds are trying to hammer that home with him. And so they have a day where he's not at that full range of motion and they didn't like it, so they shut him down. They're like, Okay, we're going to slow you down a little bit. Here's the things you got to focus on to get your body ready to pitch. And Chase said he's talked to Brady Singer, He's talked to Nicolodolo, He's talked to Andrew Abbott okay, and is trying to improve on that part of his game, so hopefully he doesn't. And when you talk about that idea of a pitcher piggybacking, Chase Burns is probably the one most likely to do that as far as I'm concerned, just because both in college and in his young professional career he's come out of the Bowl.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm just nervous as a long suffering Reds fans. Sure that you've seen this before. Okay, So Harnegreen, the elbow chips of shooting out taken care of in October, We're going to wait till the season starts.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna push that.
Speaker 9: I'm going to push back on that because so they get an MRI in July, it's fine, they get an MRI in October. They see these chips and doctor Neil elatrosh the best elbow surgeon in the world, says, if I were you Hunter, I would get the shot and wait and rest. And it worked up until right before spring. So if I put myself in hunter green shoes and the best surgeon in the world is telling me I don't think you need surgery, then I'm probably gonna listen to them.
Speaker 2: Okay, But so as a Reds fan, I got HOWM worded about Hunter Green. All right, Chase Burns had some problems. Really, see, you gonna be a good Brandon Williamson's coming off with Tommy John surgery. It's like Louder didn't pitch. Louder didn't pitch. It's like, you know, I'm just a little nervous.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: And then on top of that, Andrew Abbott has not looked good at all in spring training and he's going to be the opening day starter. Nicolodolo has been fine. Yeah, I think all of a sudden, what was supposed to be the strength of the team is what you feel most wishy washy about. Yeah, but it is difficult to analyze every thing that happens in spring training and in Arizona. So we'll see what happens when they get back here. But from all the people I talk to, there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming amount of worry about the pitching staff. It's just they're they're figuring stuff out. I just hope it gets figured out the next six times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you get it's hard to argue the offense to the production now that you brought Brian Gino, and now it's like Ellie's hitting and Matt McClain is looking like his former self.
Speaker 3: So it's all those things are starting to come together.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean we talk about complimentary football all the time, where you're starting to see some complimentary baseball. If if the additions to the lineup, most notably Sworerez and Stuart, and if Matt McLain, who Terry Francona said is gonna bat second for this team is who he has been throughout spring training, which is like the league leader in every offensive category, then that's gonna have a huge effect on this offense. And that's gonna be able to win them some games. Maybe a special or especially if they're pitching isn't up to what we expected it to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough, Okay, And finally with the Bengals too, Tyson, there's gone lost one of your special teams. Guys, kind of you, there's gonna be more Bengals stuff. I mean it's slow down then. First, you know, forty eight hours basically a free agent that people lose their mind.
Speaker 3: And yeah, this is the quiet part.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think we're gonna see anything from them until closer to training camp. I think they're folcusing all on the draft right now, and I believe the Michigan Pro Day is today and we know they love Michigan players, so I'm sure they'll be up there. And then we get into the Draft, which is just over a month from now in Pittsburgh, and then you'll start to see a little bit of some figuring out what the roster is gonna look like. Paul Danner Junior reported earlier this week that it seems like the Dax Hill and DJ Turner extensions they've had preliminary conversations, but that won't pick up until after the draft. I think they're gonna take a corner now because of that in round number one, and then maybe at the end of training camp we'll see one of those signings like we saw last year with no offense with Dalton Reisner. Yes, maybe there's a linebacker out there that they'll bring in, but I think as of now the free agent acquisition part is over, and it's a shame because they don't have a linebacker. They lost Tyson Anderson, who is a Lobo caliber special teamer and for a one point one million dollar deal. I don't understand that they have no depth on their defense whatsoever. They've made good additions, but the roster lacks depth, and I worry about it. And then depth is a problem.
Speaker 2: After the first game, it gets about depth, right, and the Tyson Anderson was confusing because what he left for to Denver was not that much.
Speaker 9: No, and you know, I don't know if he's I don't expect him to get a chance to play a lot as a safety and maybe that, but special team I know, but I don't know if that was a selling point. Denver's like, you're gonna be able to play defense. The Bengals never let him play defense, which I think said a lot, especially how bad their safety's played. But yeah, that one's a frustrating one because he was well liked in the locker room, extremely productive, a huge part of what Darren Simmons did in that Special Teams unit.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest weird Bengal like story this week is why are the Bills getting Geno Stone?
Speaker 9: Good for you, guys, man, Good for you, guys. I thought you thought that bad. You thought Damar Hamlin was bad last year. Listen, I've seen a lot. I've seen a lot of bills fans complaining about DeMar Hamlin. Yeah, you have no idea Gino. I don't think they got I said, do we have the clip of Allan Cutler saying Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino Gino.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't know, I don't. I just I don't see him making it through camp. I really don't like that.
Speaker 3: Gonta. Yeah, you were right. We're done.
Speaker 9: We've all joked He'll go to Buffalo and being all pro watch this, Yeah, watching ball out fantastic, eleven interceptions, unbelievable, That's exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's more more Buffalo or more Cincinnati. I'm not quite sure. Got to get a news update. Often and Tony are off today. He'll be drunk by probably about the twelve thirty at the Moose Lodge. Moose Lodge in Sydney, Ohio. Moose out Front should have told you, thanks, buddy. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 2: Here we go almost did the weekend fourth here seven hundred w OLW Scott slung show. Residents in Cincinnati say we feel less safe. We think the streets are in bad shape.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: Quality of life is slipping, and yet city council just voted to spend eight million dollars on a riverbend two point oh the new Farmer Music Center council member Anna Albe sponsored that bill and voted yes. I had her on the show yesterday to talk about, Uh, he is a hard no hard pass would be the Chair of Budget and Finance, Jeffrey Kramerting on the Scottsland Jeff, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you good to be here?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you voted knowing the eight mail bottom line for the listeners single biggest reason why.
Speaker 4: There's there's many reasons. First of all, you know we threw our big numbers with simple we talk about tax debatements and tips. This is eight million dollars out of the city's capital budget, eight million dollars of cash. Put it in the truck and take it away. That's eight million dollars of roads parks, something that's not going to happen. This is very real money and a very big stuff.
Speaker 3: Uh that's true.
Speaker 2: But I mean we just sold the railroad and got money for that. That's all earmark to redo the rods, and I think even to yourself said, hey, you know what, we're so far behind in Cincinnati with potholes and roads and infrastructure. It's going to take ten years just to catch up. So in that context, is is it fair to go, hey, we've got to spend money on other projects.
Speaker 4: I am up for spending money on other projects, but you know, with city numbers and budgets, it becomes a shell game. I'm just pointing out, and we'll point out that eight million dollars is very real money. We did this vote before the city's budget. We're in the budget process now, which involves community engagement, public hearings, hearing from our department. Is before we even did that budget process. We had this vote yesterday, which, from my perspective, came out of relatively nowhere and said this eight million dollars is the priority. We need to have this vote before the budget process. To me, that's very frustrating and unnecessary.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this to a council member Albeat yesterday and said a lot of members, like yourself you just mentioned, said that they felt this came out of left field, Like why did this thing get pushed to the front all of a sudden, just simply out of where it's been on the agenda, but all of a sudden, we're having a non binding vote on this thing that was contentious at five to four, and it's going to move forward. I don't know if it's going to pass or not. But one of the questions I asked is, hey, you know, we not long ago. We just we went through Jeff Pastor, Tamya Denard, of course PG. Sittenfeld. We had what's happening with House bill or center Bill six in or Maya's housepot for whatever, the first energy scandal with Larry Householder, and of course that whole thing. We had corruption on a public level in Cleveland, Toledo, Dayton, and of course here in Cincinnati. And someone may look, well, this has just came out of nowhere, and now we're going to fast track this money despite doing a survey that says it's not on the priority list. We got to fix the roads. It's terrible. Crime is an issue right now. People aren't coming downtown. That's a problem. Yet we're gonna give eight million dollars to Riverbend and Mimi. And the question was is it fair for a voter to think are we in another phase of public corruption? I think it's a fair question because the optics on this are terrible.
Speaker 4: The optics are very bad. I'm definitely hearing from citizens and I appreciate their feedback and them listening. Process and transparency are important. There's so many questions about this, but I'm not sure what the eight million dollars gets us. Is the eight million dollars in the sapary to complete this project. They've already broken ground, they're building the facility. Presumably they've got a finance plan in place to pay for it all. So I don't know why they're coming now and saying they need eight million dollars to what that's going to get us?
Speaker 2: But we also I think the projects still like one hundred million short. Isn't that so that that's a drop of the ocean?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, because I have not seen the performer. I have not seen the graph. I'm ritchie about what the expenses alread again, with the eight million dollars can go.
Speaker 2: That's a scary part about it is there's no performing here. And that basically means that smart people and accountants poured over this thing and said, well, here's what's expected, here's the revenue projection, here's where you're going to make money, here's where're going to lose money, and then present that to council for the investment. I look at this and go, okay, it's ave. If you can legitimately invest eight million dollars, get your money back in five years, and then make more interest in perpetuity, that's good for the city.
Speaker 3: That's a good deal. I take that deal.
Speaker 2: You take, but we don't know other than the word of the symphony, that that's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: You know, no independent auditor or anyone has gotten in and looked at the books.
Speaker 4: That was a critical step that's been missing the process. The city manager was not, you know, presented with the structure of this deal. If we understood the deal, understood with the eight million dollars, why that was necessary, you know, then you can understand the situation and maybe begin a negotiation about, you know, what this looks like and how would benefit the taxpayers. Without that information, we cannot have an informed discussion.
Speaker 2: Council member Scotti Johnson said, this is reckless and irresponsible.
Speaker 3: Do you go that far?
Speaker 4: I think the process has been reckless and I responsible. I think that this is a good project. You know, I think there are paths forward, but I think it's been a very frustrating start. And that's an understatement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not just Anna, I'll be I mean Seth Walsh front of the show, said it's been in the works for at least a year or two, and you said counsel learned about in the past few weeks. I mean, who's right and why does that matter?
Speaker 4: I don't know who's right. I can just say that I had my first meeting about thirty days ago and received the ask and was told at that juncture that there was an urgency to it and that we would have to circumvent the budget process. So that was all thirty days ago. That was very frustrating. I think the city manager was surprised that she was not breached, and I think that hurt the mayors frustration. Yesterday or on Wednesday as well.
Speaker 2: The city's looking at the thirty five million dollar hole, thirty five million general fund deficit, and supporters say that all the capital budget. Of course that's a separate pot of money. That's a different one. Capital expenditures, you have. Does that distinction hold water if you think do you think that the average taxpayer, who may not pay attention to the very minute details of the things, actually cares.
Speaker 4: They are a two separate budgets, and that's important. But to me, the capital budget, where they're trying to get these dollars, is more important because these are the things that taxpayers see, like roads, like parks, like bridges.
Speaker 6: Like sidewalk.
Speaker 4: So when they say this is just coming out of the capitol budget, that's all the more frustrating.
Speaker 2: Also at a time when we're down one hundred and fifty cops too. Now, granted we're fast tracking a new class and we can't get them online fast enough and hired it fast enough and train, but again, is that perception like, wait a minute, You've got eight million dollars a river bend, but the roads are falling apart. Crime is a problem. We don't have enough cops on the streets where we're losing money left and right. People aren't coming downtown like they used to because of the economy, but also because of public safety. I think it just doesn't pass the snipsest for a typical voter.
Speaker 4: I ah my gods. We always say that they six city services are police, fire roads. We say that's the priority. Then we've got a vote like this where we pull a special project to the front of the line and say this is a priority, so.
Speaker 2: It can't be bug right, right, Well, we've seen this before, like every administration. You know, you go back, you're around when the Mahogany thing at the banks was going down, and that was like, hey, we had a really good meal with this lady's small restaurant in Hamilton. Why don't we put her in, you know, like a myfair lady proposition that she wasn't ready for and she failed. Not I don't think because she cooked bad food. I had her food, it was wonderful. It's because maybe she couldn't scale her business up that they gave her all this money unchecked. And you know we see that time and time again. Supporters say this is going to generate one hundred million dollars in annual economic impact and we'll get the investment back in five years.
Speaker 3: I mentioned that the open Jeff Kramer thing. Why don't you trust those numbers.
Speaker 4: I think this is a good project I wanted to happen. I think there's a role for the city's partner play. But you see these economics studies time after time, no matter what the project is about, the tremendous economics and until where there are so I want it to happen. But to justify an eight million dollars outlay from the capitol budget is a very big deal. And that's going to take work in due diligence and understanding this project, what the partners are, and what it's going to take to get it done.
Speaker 2: That resident satisfaction survey I mentioned that came out overall quality of life dropped down from like sixty five I think, to under fifty percent. The perception of Cincinnati is a good place to live went from sixty five to forty two percent.
Speaker 3: That is just jaw dropping.
Speaker 2: Rhodes ranked number one in importance in that same survey and dead last and satisfaction. So if you took that eight million dollars and you said, okay, we're going to take that eight million dollars and give that to pothole repair and maintenance, could we still make a den in that simply because we're so far behind. I think that's an important nuance, is that we are so far behind. It's been ignored for so long that it's going to take a better part of a decade just to catch up to where we should be. Eight does eight million dollars six app.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eight million dollars doesn't fix that. You know, I've been I could be leading advocates for getting caught up on infrastructure. It's going to take time and focus to do that. So is this eight million dollars? Uh? Would that fix all the potholes?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it would not do. I think send me eight million dollars out without process, without due diligence for concert venues for the symphony, I think that sends a very bad time that this campal does not have focus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then there's a safety component too, and that's that's way down. Property crime is way up. Is an argument that the Farmer Music Center, this would be called the Farmer Music actually helps that. You know, it's a quality of life thing for sure, but you've got to pay a lot of money to enjoy that quality of life.
Speaker 4: Sure, again, this this this venue is a great thing. The symphony is a great assert in the city. But you still need to do math to see where you're getting the best value for taxpayers dollars. This is a very important matter of trust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the timing of it was crand kind of odd, but those who would afford to say no, this has been part of the plan for a while. It just came to the top yesterday. But it surprised a lot of people. And that's a confusing part, I think for us in the in the cheap seat here who are observing this going, boy, somebody's something right here. It just doesn't sound right. But that aside. You know, the projector of one hundred million in revenue, you know what I'd like to see, and this is part of it. I asked Anna, and I'll be this yesterday and I don't know if she answered the question or not, But okay, so the projector is one hundred million five years. You get your money back, your made hole, and then you make all this tax revenue perpetuity. Well, I know Mimi does it. MEMI is a nonprofit. First of all, they don't pay taxes now, certainly not property tax. Of course, there's a lot of other taxes say pay as well. But I also look at it and go, all right, well, we have an existing river bend and we're gonna use it up a little bit and add another stage and all this and maybe get a few bigger acts.
Speaker 3: But that's another another issue.
Speaker 2: How much more money can we make on top of an already existing infrastrut I mean, it's already there. It's not like, hey, if we build this, you know, it's like opening like what they're doing in Cleveland, right, they're gonna, hey, we're gonna make all this extra money because you got luxury suites. Okay, I see that, but this is just remodeling the same property. How much more money can you squeeze out of that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And it is it worth eight million dollars? I think that is the critical question that that has been unanswered to date.
Speaker 2: And it's just a time where you know, we have this the fund from un unclaimed funds pot of money that state he are taking And I kind of laughed. Tq wel home of the FC Cincinnati team is asking for money. They just opened the damn stadium like two weeks ago. It's like what, Because the money is there, that's why. And I don't blame Jeff Birding in company. If you have a pot of money, it's like, why would you tap into that? You think it's the same mindset here.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's I think that there's the possibility that could con set a disturbing press. I mean, what the Symphony is saying, it's correct, is that their facilities generate.
Speaker 6: Admission tax, which they do.
Speaker 4: The admission tax is worth it's two percent of the city's budget. Most of that is produced by the sports team. So what they're saying is, well, we're produced, we're giving you admission tax, and we deserve this eight million dollars. We're entitled to it. So if that's the logic, then certainly FC is entitled admissions tax money and the Bengals are entitled deserves and we're going to lose that revenue strength. So if everybody starts saying this admission taxing phase goes to our special project for renovation or parking garage or whatever the perceived need is, which is just going to create a hole in the city's budget, a bigger hole in the city's budget.
Speaker 2: If you guys don't give them the eight million, is the project in jeopardy.
Speaker 4: I have seen no evidence that that would happen. Again. They've they've broken ground, they started the project, that they're out, the project being built, and after all that, they came to the eight million dollars, they would have come to it at the beginning. Again, it would have been more timely. It's a more thoughtful conversation, and don't want to dig up the old wound. But sunlight pool was you know, many citizens very passionate about that. And if the Symphony came to with early and said, you know, we need eight million dollars for this project, that could have been part of the conversation like, okay, you want city money, well, residence one of us, if there's sunlight pool whatever, really need that't from that, So that could have been part of the conversation as well.
Speaker 2: I think I push back. I disagree on that one. I'm definitely on the Symphony side with the with the sunlight pool, I mean, it's a huge giant pool that fewer and fewer people were going to because everyone has a pool in their backyard, every community as a pool. It's not the attraction it once was. And I just didn't get the numbers down there. Despite advertising trying to do everything, people were just going down there anymore. Kind of maybe like the theater model. I don't know, everything has its it's time and place in history. I had a lot of was like, hey, let's let's do something else with this land here, and it was more an iconic kind of thing that you know, it was about the memories. It wasn't about what's happening right now. You know, if people were showing up the sunlight pool, they wouldn't have to close it.
Speaker 4: I think, I think, you know, there were citizens that wanted to create a foundation they could go over on their own. They've done that in other neighbors throughout the city. I think that conversation, it could have been part of it. Right now. The simpy's just using that site was the pool for a parking lot, so there was no pressing need to demolish it. The timing, to me, the timing of that makes part of this whole process as far as what happened when, yeah and why?
Speaker 2: All right, this is a non binding resolution. The eight million dollars is not yet made it in the twenty twenty seven budget. You got to do. I think July first has a drop dead on that one is to fight over or is this going to get relegate? What's going to happen?
Speaker 4: No, I think the conversation is going to continue. I'm hearing a lot of questions from citizens society on the City Hall this is the most controversial vote we've had, this being five to four, because it was obviously very devices and this is producing a lot of conversation, a lot of phone calls. So I think that the questions we will continue as the budget process continues. The next stage is for counsel to to draft the priority budget, which is because what our priorities are back to priority yep. And if the five votes are there and they continue to say, that is eight million dollars of priorty that will go in our priority budget. That will go into the city manager and she will have that when she drafts the actual budget.
Speaker 2: Is a transparency and issue with me. It's kind of like they strike me as like the Bengals. You know, they go, Okay, listen, we need a contribution. We did money was saying, but they're really not forthcoming and transparent about what it is they're doing.
Speaker 3: Is that problematic for you?
Speaker 4: It's very every project I've had, there's been the big Excel spreadsheet where everybody's number in the city's number. Invention Center was a very good example. A different project, but a good example, huge spreadsheet, lots of different sources. The city's numbers started very high and his other revenue sources came online, like the naming rights. We saw the city's contribution go down. So at all points we knew what was going to take to get that project done. We knew what the city's ass who's going to be, We knew what the County's that's who's going to be. We had all the partners there and we could watch the project developed. That has not happened at all with this project.
Speaker 2: I think that says a lot, and yet it feels like almost at some point we're going to hand the eight million dollars off you got between now in July first to sort all this out. Jeff Cramerting, thanks so much again for the time. He is a chair Budget and Finance in the City of Cincinnati and he has problems with it and we should as well. All the best, buddy, have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: You have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Top Yeah, Happy Spring. It is here.
Speaker 2: It is here at ten forty six this morning, Spring has landed seven hundred WL.
Speaker 3: The weekends coming up, and you need to make the most event.
Speaker 6: Where to go, what to do.
Speaker 1: She has the tips and insight to help you make it a super weekend.
Speaker 6: So listen up.
Speaker 7: This is the Local Loop with Ali Martin on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, it is Friday, and our friend Ali here to put a cap on the show this morning.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great.
Speaker 8: Road's a little funky this morning, So if I sound silly, that's why.
Speaker 3: Wow. All right McConnell, good morning. Let's go. Let's talk about beer.
Speaker 8: The first day of spring, first day spring, Happy March madness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happy March madas first days.
Speaker 2: We're officially now in springs of ten six this morning, we've got March madness.
Speaker 3: We got the doors open.
Speaker 2: The Holy Grail Banks by the way is doing a Miami watch party. My buddy John Strawsser putting that together and let's go pull that thing off. So it's gonna be packed and stacked with Miami Redhawk fans at the four twenty five today.
Speaker 3: I believe his tip.
Speaker 8: Miss Sarah, you know we'll be there. She's a Miami grad. Are you do you have a bracket going?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 3: I don't do it all right, I'm like Ace, I think out of.
Speaker 1: Put some money down.
Speaker 8: I've got ten bucks in okay, So if hypothetically you win.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like, here's the thing. So I wasn't because I normally, like, of all the sports, like you only have so much time, I don't pay attention to as much to college basketball. I'm me in this time of year, you gotta watch the games. But our market manager Steph is like, well, not enough people are participating in Austin's game. So he put the He put like, why are you people playing this? And Bessie said, you know what, I'll up the annie. Whoever wins the pool gets a day off.
Speaker 1: Let's go get swarm.
Speaker 2: It or yeah my bracket, my team name is Stephan forced me and and anyway, I hope I win, I get a day But did you pick Michigan win at all?
Speaker 1: Michigan?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, this year I have not because Xavier's not in it. So I just haven't been paying attention at all.
Speaker 3: All right, as you.
Speaker 2: See the RedHawks, no, no, definitely West Miller got fight.
Speaker 1: I actually saw that yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't fight your head coach. He nonetheless, anyway, it's a beautiful day for it, and uh, you know, looking forward to just relaxing a little bit and have a nice easy weekend with a great weather.
Speaker 8: Here I know well, and honestly, speaking of March madness, right, there are loads of places that you can go and watch around town. Right, this is the situation. Here's a stitch where you need to be in a place it has a lot of TVs. You need to have munchie appetizers because you're raising, you're hanging out, and the other aspect of it is you need sound. I'm that person if I'm going to watch a game, which is can be very complicated because if you have a lot of games going at once, pick the best game.
Speaker 1: Throw some sound on.
Speaker 8: All right, So you kind of mentioned it before, right, so you have down at the Bank, you got Holy Grail, the Pitch Kitty Sports Grill.
Speaker 1: That's actually a really great half of Third Street.
Speaker 8: So you know where the Blind Pig is, Lolas, just keep going past it if that's on your right and have a big mural right out front.
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 3: That's a spot, really really.
Speaker 1: Super divy, along with the knock back net.
Speaker 2: That's the spot. I'm gon wings and popcorn is sick so good.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they put on their back.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. I don't know what nats, but popcorn is.
Speaker 1: It's probably filling our gut with.
Speaker 3: Should more bars be doing the popcorn?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look what it does for gnats. The wings are unbelievable. It's great, and they crank it out in that small kitchen and the vibe is awesome.
Speaker 1: Because you know, and the vibe is right and you know.
Speaker 8: At the same time, it's not like you're going to get a gourmet old fashioned and that's not what it's meant for.
Speaker 1: And here's the other thing. They've got touch tunes? What touch two? What where you can control the music?
Speaker 2: Are you high?
Speaker 3: Are you an? If you do drink so much nightcuil?
Speaker 2: You're If you turn touchdowns on today, you're going to get killed.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not going to do that today, Diamond, but I will.
Speaker 8: There is a commercial break. There's a commercial break.
Speaker 3: Some crappy new country song coming out.
Speaker 8: I don't want to see the Ford commercial. I want to listen.
Speaker 3: To you want to DJ between.
Speaker 1: I want to listen to Ludacris.
Speaker 3: It's basketball. It's basketball going on.
Speaker 8: Play either way. I'm just giving props. And because they actually have stop.
Speaker 3: All right when maybe when the game isn't on.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying between, not every game time to bring that up. Every game is good, never, every game is great. Whatever, move to the next thing. I'm done, way because you're sick and you're weird right now. Weirdo, what do you hide?
Speaker 3: You drink all the night?
Speaker 8: You'll know because you know what I should have because what happened was that sixteen year old telling me my license was expired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let save that for the end, because I want to say that's a great story. Yeah, we're not done. All's a law breaker.
Speaker 1: We're still in the middle of this tawny breaker.
Speaker 8: But I will say, speaking of sports, because we're on this topic, Bread's opening days Thursday next week, so we kind of really can't.
Speaker 3: I'm aware of this.
Speaker 1: We can't closs over it. I'm sure you'll talk about it a lot.
Speaker 2: You think boys only I were broadcasting live at the Holy Ground Banks at nine am with Mogger Be on Thursday.
Speaker 1: I'm so sad.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be what the one hundred and fiftieth opening day. Sure, that's wild, one hundred and one hundred and seventh Finley Market Opening Day parade. If you haven't been, go, if you just go, just get down there, take your free day off. Everybody should have the day off anyway. Parade starts at noon. The route it's on South South Race to east on Fifth and it ends at the Taft Theater.
Speaker 1: It's about a mile and a little over a mile.
Speaker 8: Got your Grand Marshall, Jeff the Cowboy Brantley, your first pitch Bronson Arroyo, and then your Honorary Captain Dave Conception.
Speaker 1: They read legend, yeah, legend, and.
Speaker 8: You have a full timeline right, So starting at ten am, here's my recommendation. I typically like to start in the Finley Market area. I love hanging out outside of Uncle Leo's. If you haven't been there, it's all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. Start around the filey Marketer, follow the parade, move with the parade. This is my recommendation.
Speaker 8: Maybe pop into the Holiday which is in that same round, or just like pop in at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the parade.
Speaker 8: I have done that before and it's really fun and skyline.
Speaker 1: So throughout the whole day.
Speaker 8: If you're going down and pop into Fountain Square, they are doing the free cheese cony.
Speaker 3: Good you got buy a coke?
Speaker 1: I think you do have to buy a coke with it, so.
Speaker 3: And not died coke coke.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, a Coca cola. Coca Cola the og from ten am to four pm. Keep in mind, yes they do serve Cony's in the ballpark. That's not going to be a thing in the ballpark, So don't expect that there's going to be Court Street plaza celebrations with the parade viewing and live music, food and drink there. And then if you start making your way down closer to the banks, there's like Vintage on Race, they're always having a party. That's a great spot to pop into. I think John John is DJing down at Morel Like that's around like noon, all the way till eight he is. He dj is everywhere.
Speaker 1: The man is everywherebelievable. Do you think he's cloned himself?
Speaker 2: No, I think he's going to die by the time he's forty, is what I think. Oh my goodness, gow it down. What do you Kevin Hart? Say no to something? I hope he's making bank, not Kevin Hart bank. It's a different bond game.
Speaker 3: Eight hours of playing music.
Speaker 1: He's not actually going to be playing.
Speaker 3: Are you going to watch the game something else? Do you need a DJ on opening day?
Speaker 1: Actually? No, that's a good point. Is he gonna be there for eight hours?
Speaker 4: Him?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: It probably is.
Speaker 3: He so annoying.
Speaker 1: Outside of more line, but he'll keep the tunes going. He's a great DJ.
Speaker 2: He's a great DJ, but not today or Thursday. I guess it is a thing. Well, I know it's his thing. Good for him, good for it. One am I avoiding?
Speaker 3: Where is he going to be?
Speaker 1: He's gonna be more lines? Also, I think they're rebranding.
Speaker 3: I'll be it.
Speaker 2: I'll bet the grail watching baseball.
Speaker 1: Tucking up the store. Who is you gonna have a DJ there?
Speaker 2: You know we're watching the game and listening to it on seven hundred w W.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I can't commercial break posers anyway, So yeah, again, it's Red's opening down.
Speaker 1: That I can't not put it on the listen.
Speaker 2: If you can't, you.
Speaker 3: Need you need to know. Just keep listening to this radio station. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: I really don't want to linger on it because you guys are gonna be talking about it.
Speaker 2: Not as big as the iHeart Radio Podcast Awards, but it's a close section.
Speaker 1: What was that the other day? Who won the was a giggly squad? I don't great podcast page. I forget fantastic.
Speaker 2: All right, so everything's going to be downtown. Okay, all right, let's talk about food. Let's talk about Okay.
Speaker 8: First of all, I want to touch on something I want to call back. Remember how we were talking about It was like, hey Soft served margaritos. Yeah, it's a thing. I did a little research.
Speaker 3: We had something there, didn't we.
Speaker 8: I know, you think that we come up with the most original collapsed so El Trompo Mexican grill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a real thing.
Speaker 8: It's in West chest They have a street from Monroe, Mason and Coal Rain. This is the like the robot Mexican place. Have you seen this where everything is lit on fire. It's very similar to.
Speaker 3: Everyone's doing that now.
Speaker 2: We had our Mexican joint last night and they have the like the glowing ice like every thing you have, it's got fire. And I don't know where this trend started at Mexican restaurants, but everything is a blaze and like there's fireworks coming out of it and cheerleaders and it has tron. It's like, I don't know what's happened. It's like it's like the Japanese cultures that hit the Mexican culture and it's turn in this whole.
Speaker 1: Thing Fourth of July every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 8: I'm always looking for the nearest exit just to gaze my boothleg.
Speaker 2: It's a Hello kiddy in a sombrero. I don't know what the hell's going on over here?
Speaker 1: And then out pop snoopy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it's like everything is. I just want to margarita. I don't need it to be on fire with smoke. With the other thing.
Speaker 8: They put three, it's like a bloody Mary. Then they start putting all of your tacos and berea and yeah and all of the accents in your margarita.
Speaker 2: All right, but anyway, but we're here for it, soft served margarita.
Speaker 1: There should go all the different flavors happy hours.
Speaker 2: There's one in uh another, there's one in Mason obviously, Monroe.
Speaker 1: It so and there there is a Westchester.
Speaker 3: Now Westchester too, where's the Westchester the tower there? Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: So when we thought.
Speaker 8: Something was original, it's we missed out.
Speaker 1: We miss We won't open up our own Mexican joint anytime soon.
Speaker 3: No, that's good.
Speaker 2: That would be cultural misappropriation.
Speaker 1: I don't make that good of tacos.
Speaker 2: So yeah, probably not ally Martin here. It's a local lop. What to do, eat sea and happen on this glorious weekend here, the first weekend of spring, with spring kicking in about an hour ago.
Speaker 1: So it's nice out there.
Speaker 3: Let's go okay.
Speaker 8: So, also in the news and the talk of the town, the Aperture, which has been a very well known restaurant, has won a lot of awards with chef Jordan Anthony Brown part of the announcement right where it's like, okay, you did this. They were doing this culinary residency with et Ja the Beast Steakhouts that I've mentioned in the past, and they decided to close their doors for a little bit, to not completely in forever, but to officially relaunch into something else. And they have officially relaunched and they are doing a lunch barbecue set up in this So Anthony Brown he talks about how barbecue is actually a return to his roots and he has memories of watching his family, you know, cooking in the backyard and Cleveland and Cincinnati and his trips to Texas. So he decided to pull this Midwestern barbecue tradition and morph it a little bit into his one of his favorite Quinn scenes, which is his Mediterranean style. So it's this interesting morph and they're doing this pop up throughout lunch. Yeah, and definitely if you're going in, check out the brisket.
Speaker 1: So it's brisket.
Speaker 8: They have smoked pork ribs, they do a crispy pork belly, a lemon pepper chicken wing, fried chicken sandwich, pimento cheese. So it's about nine to ten items on the menu.
Speaker 3: Find something to eat.
Speaker 1: You'll find something to eat.
Speaker 8: But it's it's Wednesday through Friday eleven am to two thirty, and then they're also going to be opening Saturdays eleven to four.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: So it's lunch only.
Speaker 8: They're testing it out, and they really wanted to create an environment that's just more consistent because the aperture, as wonderful as the food was, it wasn't becauld. You know, there's not those staple items that you can go into and it was almost like a little ahead of time.
Speaker 1: It was to New York.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh it felt a little to New York. Yeah, all right, gotcha? All right, So anyway, that is in a wafall. So, uh, by the way, you mentioned the beginning here with March madness and such going on, that you are a nibbler that you'll nibble along the way, So I'm really bad at that. Now I'll get in and I cannot wait to start drinking.
Speaker 1: Is that because you don't like to share your food?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want your I don't know your hands, and Bendley.
Speaker 1: You're sick.
Speaker 3: I can't afford of losing my boy.
Speaker 2: I'm more of like, I'll go in and like, I can't wait till I'm gonna have an alcohol drinking or drinking beer drinking, and then I get so hungry, like okay, I'm gonna have a cheeseburger and six wings and then I eat like half of it, and I'm like, I I want to go to bed.
Speaker 3: I gotta do a better job.
Speaker 8: I understand that because as someone who like hypothetically, my favorite spot to go and watch anything is O'Brien's, and the menu, the whole menu is banging, and of course I know I'm also going in with a relatively empty Sure you're gonna be either for four hours, and I'm like, do I just order everything.
Speaker 1: All at once?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, kick, I'd like to do it. It doesn't work, all right?
Speaker 3: Before we go here, it's Alie Martin.
Speaker 2: She's at Ali Martin eight and The Good Drama on YouTube, and one of the things she featured was she forgot.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's it.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that's an affirmative defense or anything in the court system.
Speaker 3: Is your honor? I forgot. I forgot murder crime.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 3: I forgot you're not allowed to kill?
Speaker 2: Did I do that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Look real quick?
Speaker 1: My license driver's license, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: So I had to retake my driver's test because because I let it expire. Because and here's the thing, in fairness, my registration everything was up to date. I didn't check my birthdays in July.
Speaker 1: I didn't check it.
Speaker 8: And then at the end of twenty twenty five and I was traveling on this nobody tsa says anything all the airports. Some sixteen year old at Kroger while I was buying cough medicine aka night quill, goes, Madam, your driver's license is EXPA. Sounds like me kind of like, what what do you mean? So then I go in and I'm like, hey, I need I need up this and the and keep in mind.
Speaker 1: I could have. I probably would have just at the window.
Speaker 8: I procrastinated a month and she goes, yeah, we can't, we can't up it.
Speaker 1: It's six months.
Speaker 3: Passed and you have to fly for business too.
Speaker 1: I'm well, they didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: He doesn't care. They're like they're not getting paid. I wouldn't, like, you're fine.
Speaker 1: Like what do you what do you mean?
Speaker 8: She's like, you have to take you have to retake your whole driver's test. Oh and guess what, you have a motorcycle license. You have to do that too. And I sat down right there on the spot. I took my the written test, passed it. I did pass it.
Speaker 1: I will say some of it. Some of them stop makers. It was like question the d U. I I'm like, if you does.
Speaker 2: A limit in an alley, I don't live in an alley, I don't know.
Speaker 8: We passed, and then went and took the driving test the other week. I was nervous for the maneuverability because those cones are tight, and my car.
Speaker 1: Is a Jeep, so it's not the smallest.
Speaker 2: Your head pokes are like Fred fl like Dino in the black seat.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, take the top off, and then if you hit the cone. If you bump the cone, you have to go back to driving school.
Speaker 2: So then a lot of pressure.
Speaker 8: I'm chit chatting with the gout with me, and I'm like, is this protocol?
Speaker 1: Are you alloted of?
Speaker 8: Gibber jabber, big jibber jabber, Thank you good gibber.
Speaker 2: You and my wife gibber jabber in a room. Come back in a month. They're still going.
Speaker 1: I think it helped. And I rolled up with them anual, Okay. I was just trying to impress, to show them that.
Speaker 3: You got your license back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now I have the motorcycle.
Speaker 2: Now, you'll never let this happen again. Will you put it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Check your your millennial put it in your calendar. My daughter does the same things, Like I didn't know you got a calendar.
Speaker 3: On your phone.
Speaker 1: We just got the real ideas. So I'm thinking I had like five years on it.
Speaker 8: Two years later, little did I know my registrational leases up to.
Speaker 3: Day breaking the law breaking a law.
Speaker 2: Check your idea, Allie Martin local loop. You have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Good because you can't drive seven hundred comedy Halton