Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, he pack, We're got some real news for you.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, the real news ain't good news. And that's the case today.
Speaker 3: This is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 5: Hey, zacho, Corey. Chris's Chris Chris.
Speaker 6: He's the kind one, kind Cory, Yeah, kind, Cordy.
Speaker 2: That story told me yesterday about that toilet papering and the teacher.
Speaker 6: Did you hear the rest of the story. I listen to this man.
Speaker 5: Oh jeez.
Speaker 7: Louise Againsville, Georgia community is mourning the tragic death of a beloved teacher after a high school prank gone wrong. Police a fine. Teenagers went to Jason Hughes house around eleven thirty Friday night to throw toilet paper at his trees. According to the Sheriff's office, when Hughes, a math teacher at North Hall High School, came outside, the students, all eighteen years old, tried to flee in two vehicles. Authority say Hughes tripped and fell into the roadway, and one of the drivers, Jaden Wallace, ran him over. Police say Wallace and his friends, seen here in mugshots obtained by ABC affiliate WSB, tried to render aid to the teacher.
Speaker 8: But the forty year old later died at the hospital.
Speaker 7: Wallace is now charged with first degree vehicle of homicide and reckless driving and could serve up to fifteen years behind bars. Police have charged all five teenagers with criminal trespassing and littering on private property.
Speaker 9: That the family wants to make really clear is that they knew these kids, that they loved them, and these kids loved the Hughes.
Speaker 5: This was not a malicious act, the.
Speaker 7: Hughes family telling our team Jason knew these students were coming to his house and was excited to catch them during the prank. His family says that this was a tragic accident and the fully support dropping the criminal charges against all the teenagers.
Speaker 2: Wow, ran out, accidentally tripped. And the mugshots of these kids, the looks on their faces, oh boys and girls, you know, just and he knew they were coming. They were all gigging, you know, they were having fun. Oh, just the worst. I'm hoping that common sense comes into play here, right.
Speaker 10: Of course, But there those kids' lives are forever a changed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why did By the way, the teacher's wife is a teacher at the same school.
Speaker 9: Oh, but you know again, this is this probably goes without saying, but all of the toilet papering that was done in UH area while I was in high school was friends on friends crime. Yeah right, I got my house got toilet papered by my friends. We toilet papered other friends' houses. We only went off the friend group like once or twice. It was ninety percent. You would get your own friends.
Speaker 5: Oh of course. Yeah, that's that's kind of nuts. That sucks.
Speaker 9: It's cool, think about It's cool enough that the teachers like this is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna catch these kids. I love these kids.
Speaker 9: It's cool that the teacher was like kind of in on you, like I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna get them, and then trips and falls.
Speaker 9: I don't know quite why he was chasing the car, but again, who knows, who knows? Yeah, maybe he was just trying to be funny and like tap on the car or something. Who knows, Man, that sucks.
Speaker 5: That sucks. Yeah, So that that's right, Brank gone wrong.
Speaker 6: That's that's bad stuff. Here's some good stuff.
Speaker 2: And I've been somebody changed the password to my news sources, so that's why we're hearing we're hearing audio news stories stolen from television stations.
Speaker 11: Good doggie Ghoser started barking wildly, and the bark was a different bark in that it had a little bit of a cry to it. It was a woman in a white robe, and she was barely moving. The woman had Alzheimer's and was known to try to walk out of the house in the middle of the night. If you see something out there that doesn't look right, don't ignore it. I think that's the moral of this story.
Speaker 2: Somehow, the doggie founder, he kept barking until somebody came out, and he laid up against her and kept her warm until somebody came and found her.
Speaker 6: A dog that was a good doggie, good dog.
Speaker 5: Raccoons sucked.
Speaker 12: They were too loud to be mice, almost like as if it's dragging things up there. It is a raccoon prowling my home. This is where the animal comes and goes through my kitchen cabinet where I serve food to my young children, bringing trash in from other homes, dirty diapers, the raccoons defecates in the home.
Speaker 5: Kill them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This woman lives in an apartment in Cincinnati, and she's being terrorized by a family of raccoons who bring dirty diapers into her cabinets.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: Gross, they're trying to.
Speaker 6: Share the wealth.
Speaker 5: They don't know it's poopy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, they just putting.
Speaker 5: Yaki. I don't understand the problem. What you want dirty diapers? Please? Yeah? Yeah, we could go out, I said.
Speaker 9: I would have tried to kill a raccoon within the next twenty four hours for one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Now, it's like, just just let them live amongst us. Who cares?
Speaker 6: Right, they're defecating in there.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they need a food supply, she said, defecates in the home, that's fine.
Speaker 9: I mean if they need some baked barbecue lays, go on the pantry, that's fine.
Speaker 5: I mean just leave the bag. Well.
Speaker 9: Well, I target is probably like two for five bucks or something like that. So I just they can have one and I can have the other one. Best chip of all time, those baked barbecue lays ten out of ten.
Speaker 5: No notes and.
Speaker 2: Last in our news today. You ever been on a flight besides somebody who decides, thank you, who decides that whatever they're going to watch on their television screen, on their phone or on their iPad, you're gonna be watching too because they're not using headphones and they just use the regular volume.
Speaker 6: It drives you crazy, right, No, that's happened. It happened, and this lady got thrown off the flight. Listen to this.
Speaker 9: I paid money for it, and I played a video for thirty second sound that sounds like a them problem?
Speaker 5: What the actual I stopped pastors the second morning.
Speaker 4: I stopped it.
Speaker 8: Hey, if this is not a.
Speaker 7: Free steam and I'm not stress my feelings, thank you for recording me.
Speaker 5: I played a video for again. Man, I never get clapped off a plane.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when the rest of the.
Speaker 2: Clare, Yeah, yeah, I wrote a song about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm getting the.
Speaker 10: Plane and everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're getting if the if you're being escorted off a plane by the police and people are clapping, you've done something.
Speaker 9: Yes, And it's not like you did an impromptu acoustics show in Aisle twenty six. It's it's you did something egregious and are getting led off the plane. If she's right that it was only thirty seconds, I think she's lying. But if because they're clapping, which means she's probably not telling me. If she played one video for thirty seconds and got kicked off. That's too much. That's over the top. If she'd been doing it the entire flight or whatever. I mean, I don't know how you clap somebody off the flight mid mid air, but still like this must be on like before they take off, right, it almost has to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So uh.
Speaker 3: When we landed on Sunday night, the lady sitting next to my wife was she hot, told her that she looked like Corey, your hands up and she looked like some gospel singer. And my wife's like, oh thanks. So she on her phone full volume, showed her like a minute and a half video of this lady's singing that kind of looked like kind of looked like Kelly. And the lady in front of her was pissed about it. So, who does that? Like not like you know, like passive Minnesotan's like we all are, was like, why are you playing that? Why is this lady playing that? It's like she can hear you. We've landed. It's very quiet here, but it was a loud video of some gospel singer that I guess sounded her looked like my wife, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did she did? Kelly say, I know you want a picture with me.
Speaker 5: I don't want this lot.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't need the volume.
Speaker 5: No, it was really point of how.
Speaker 8: She looks like Kelly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think she was trying to push her religion on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I don't know. Tony Rummel loved that story. That's why you the second you get in your seat on a plane, you just throw on your headphones and.
Speaker 9: Don't listen to anybody for the next three hours until you land in Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: All right, so you do a strategy.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, big old muffs, I hear Mike Son, you.
Speaker 4: Know, bigger the better.
Speaker 5: So I also walk us through sports after this. Marie Gillaner is here. It's a Tuesday and the Power to Morning Join a fan. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, welcome back part Margie here.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was looking through a Minnesota business journal online. There's a proposed expo twenty thirty one. It's gonna happen in Minnesota apparently in twenty thirty one.
Speaker 5: Well great title, then.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but uh, you should see the stuff they're building. We're gonna think about building the USA Pavilion where the American dream meets the living world in Rosemont, like off of fifty five in Rosemont.
Speaker 6: I mean, this some bitch is huge.
Speaker 5: It looks like it's got an outdoor performance center.
Speaker 6: Look look at like, can you guys see this from over there?
Speaker 2: This is what they're gonna build in Rosemont right of fifty five for like you know, like we've heard of World Fairs and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: It's sort of the same thing.
Speaker 2: All it's just for America and uh, twenty thirty one, they're gonna they're thinking they're gonna build this giant concept right over off of fifty five and Rosmo, like over by the Mississippi River, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: So what'll get done first that Grand Theft Auto six or the Mall of America water Park is a good question. Or Minnesota will have legal sports gambling rank them one through four, because I'm going with that Expo of the America's comes in first, same Grand Theft Auto second, YEP in like twenty thirty two, water park something like twenty forty seven. Sports betting legalized twenty eighty five.
Speaker 5: That sounds about right.
Speaker 3: That bet you two have has to be up soon, right, we're right on the border.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's if one more state passes it before Minnesota.
Speaker 5: I believe I win.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And we've been hanging on that for like, I don't know, twelve months or something. I think it's it's been last year. There was a flurry, and then I think it's been quiet for a while. Yeah, maybe that's just how the legislatures work.
Speaker 5: Place. Cool.
Speaker 6: I hope I'll live to see it.
Speaker 3: Twenty thirty one. Yeah, good, free. Yeah, I hope you will be a.
Speaker 6: Live hogs'll be counting chickens.
Speaker 5: I hope you are. How would you count them? One?
Speaker 9: I don't mean the numbers. Please, yeah, let me try. Oh, I do think you can go probably a long time. Have you guys seen that bit that people are getting chat gpt to count to a million for them and it'll just like one, two, three four, And people are like, people are saying like when the resistance, the resistance happens and the machines takeover, that those will be the first people that will be killed, or the people that ask chat gpt to count to a million for them.
Speaker 5: You should try it, man, I think I have free time.
Speaker 3: Is it just because I guess you can come back to it. It'll just well, doesn't it take like eleven days.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it does. I think if you counted like one, two, three, four, it would take.
Speaker 5: You eleven days.
Speaker 8: Depends on the pace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct, But I think chat GPT doesn't need no sleep, so probably do it quickly.
Speaker 13: If you're an environmentalist, don't do that. So I'm the number one man. You are number one. Well that's good. Yeah, who's second, Rosie? I hope he's doing good.
Speaker 6: Me too, Thank you for.
Speaker 5: Yeah? Oh yeah, yeah, he's pissed at.
Speaker 6: I can't blame him.
Speaker 8: Did you speak ill?
Speaker 3: Yesterday? We played the sandwich bit.
Speaker 5: I don't have.
Speaker 3: Access to it. You you said, please play it? I did, and then he texted me, you're a dick. Why are you playing that bad?
Speaker 6: I know, and he's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess he's right. Yeah, we did play it. I thought that was classiclest but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would have turned it off if I had access to it.
Speaker 5: You do, both of you do, all three of you do.
Speaker 10: Did you see Rosar had a friend of ours on the pod this week?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Talk thought would be canceled by now Gorgy or Gavy you'd both gorg will be on this show tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for the golf Daniels and then you're gonna go see a show a.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Mystic.
Speaker 10: The Hubs and I went to Mystic on Friday before we met some friends for dinner and musty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Matt, Matt, Yeah.
Speaker 10: A couple of beers, uh walked around left some money in a buffalo machine.
Speaker 8: I can show you exactly where they're.
Speaker 6: Just holding on to it.
Speaker 5: They're just hanging on to it and get it. Go get that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when we were in uh, Palm Springs, we were on our way to a restaurant.
Speaker 5: We were a few hours earlier. We're just going to walk around the towns, like an hour and a half or we were just we were going to walk around the town.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you've ever told this to where I don't have a thousand questions about choices that you make.
Speaker 2: I'm just picturing Kelly going, God, we got to get out of the house. Let's just go to the restaurant. Now, we were going three hours early. We were gonna walk around the town. And I don't know it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're just out all right, So your reservation's at seven, but you're walking it like noon.
Speaker 5: What happened next? And we drive by and I had no idea. You're not even walking. You just died.
Speaker 3: I saw a casino and I had a few and I loudly in the back of the car, just going casino, casino, pull over and the guy's like, I can't just pull over, so down boy.
Speaker 5: He drove us into the casino.
Speaker 8: And that's where you killed your couple of hours.
Speaker 4: Wanted to drive.
Speaker 5: We killed about ten minutes.
Speaker 8: Great, did you find a train machine?
Speaker 6: We did, and you lost it all in ten minutes.
Speaker 5: And yeah, that's bastard, but you know a lot of hogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just hanging on to it for it'll be there when you go back.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it was a sweet casino man, blong back bye.
Speaker 3: But uh, I was telling Martins during the break when we went to the tennis bit there was a band plane and it was this lady playing very nice tunes.
Speaker 5: And I looked up and.
Speaker 3: It said Sarah Evans, no Martin's favorite. Yeah, are you kids just slamming SuDS in a bucket in the middle of this bin? Oh yeah, Martins loves that lady. Yeah, man, it was cool.
Speaker 8: He's like, this girl looks familiar.
Speaker 5: Do I know her? Yeah?
Speaker 10: He goes and I looked up and her name was behind her and it said Sarah Evan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, looks cool. Yeah, it was very cool.
Speaker 8: He just strolled on by her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I waved, no picks, no vin.
Speaker 6: She's got a badonk on her.
Speaker 8: No, she does not. She don't know, she does not, she do know.
Speaker 5: I beg to differ.
Speaker 9: Would you guys please casually debate the size of her ass?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys seem to have polarizing table.
Speaker 8: Well, she's a beautiful she's very pretty. Yes, she's very thin.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Marnie, are you're right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know I am.
Speaker 5: Bob Evans, Bob Evans Wales.
Speaker 8: It was very thin.
Speaker 6: Did she make me biscuits and gravy?
Speaker 5: You're thinking thinking about Bob Evans? You're right.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry. He does have a dog.
Speaker 5: Is so good? Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't get blower waste.
Speaker 5: Uh you're going to finish your story?
Speaker 3: What what do you mean? What about the casino about Sara Evans?
Speaker 5: I was dinner. Did you ever make it? It was?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great. Yeah, good sponge you place called workshop? It was very nice. What did you get a steak? It's very nice? How did you order it?
Speaker 5: Medium?
Speaker 9: I thought you were going to say English brilliant. Yeah, you get a medium. Yeah. Service was good, Yeah, service was great. Tip well yeah, I had a good time. Yeah, it was fun. It's a great spot. I'm just curious about your life.
Speaker 8: You guys would love it.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful area. I would move there. And I know that's hawkspit. Every time you go somewhere, he talks about how we'd move there. But I would definitely move.
Speaker 9: Why don't you move in with Rosie and Chad Hartman in Palm Springs. Chad Hartman, it's Chad's evil twin. Yeah, Chad Hartman.
Speaker 5: And yesterday asked if I was still there. It's Chad College.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, probably got some spots for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I bet the cost of living in and around that area, if you actually lived there, is probably very high.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, what's the draw to it? The weather?
Speaker 3: It's like if you you could play golf every day. It's as somebody said, who lives there, it's three hundred and sixty great weather days and then five like either.
Speaker 5: Rain or it's too way too hot out.
Speaker 13: But it's constantly beautiful weather, like hundred degrees in the sun more time though. Yeah, but you know, it's one hundred degrees here sometimes, but when it's forty below here, it's seventy two there. I think that's the girl and there's a casino.
Speaker 8: Oh right, Jackpot.
Speaker 10: Okay, since you asked, we ate Matt and I ate it with a couple of friends at Boardwalk on at Canterbury on one of the turns, which I had, thank you. I hadn't eaten and I had We have been to Bravis, which is one of those restaurants in that area street.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, so.
Speaker 10: The Amphitheater which is almost finished and which is where you are going to see your yeah.
Speaker 5: The day Matthos fans. Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 8: Yes, all of that.
Speaker 6: He's got a donk on there we go.
Speaker 10: Now we're talking all of that once, Like in the summertime, that area is going to be a hoppin.
Speaker 8: I mean that what is it going to seat?
Speaker 5: There's always forty.
Speaker 8: Wait, Tim, and I guess twenty twenty thousand.
Speaker 13: With the the lawn included.
Speaker 6: Sure, yes, I think that's a little bit less.
Speaker 5: But one million males. Yes, well, Tommy's in, But I mean.
Speaker 10: Think of the foot traffic around those restaurants when a concert gets out or the shuttles. If I'm mystic and I'm smart and I'm shuttling people on a beautiful summer night.
Speaker 3: They're bare chested again, Jack, But yeah, hawks Gin, Like.
Speaker 10: That's a that could be a really happening area in the summer of the Twin Cities that has that has not had a lot of activity outside of just Canterbury Park, which is a wonderful and beautiful spot, thanks so much potential to be more.
Speaker 9: I wonder if now the new ownership group for Valley Fair is going to change Valley Fair up a little bit.
Speaker 13: I've heard things, Yeah, good things. Good things are bad, not great things. A lot of people are very skeptical that it's not going to be good news.
Speaker 6: Why it's pessimistic.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are well, like a lot of people are talking about what's happening in Valley Fair.
Speaker 13: Usually when it's sold to a group like that's like a what are they like a real estate investment firm? Usually that doesn't. I mean, hopefully it's hopefully it's great. Hopefully it's awesome. They really can't be any worse. They haven't put a new coaster in since like oh seven, so.
Speaker 9: I don't know who This is good for the last one they added, which one must it?
Speaker 5: Hawk Renegade? That wasn't That wasn't the name of it. What was the name of it?
Speaker 6: Fur Burger Mountain.
Speaker 5: That's a terrible name, Corey. I have to agree with Corey. That's terrible. That's a terrible name. That's the that's the last one they put in. It's like Space Mountain in the seventies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta go through it with a machete.
Speaker 5: That's a terrible name. My god. This was supposed to be the sports segment. I can do some sports.
Speaker 6: I'm very sporty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sporty. Should we do a break and come back and get all sports? Yeah, let's just do that. Let's just do Vikings do in a second? Is it mostly the NFL news anyway?
Speaker 2: Sawstring the break? Will you draw me a picture of the roller coaster Furberg Mountain?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Sure please. Marty Gelder is here. This is the Power Tremorning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 13: Bounce Baby, Bounce into Parley for a Timberwalls versus Okay, see watch party This Sunday at noon. You can join host Marnie Gellner. What Wow at the prize giveaways, free food and drink specials.
Speaker 5: Don't miss out.
Speaker 13: Get the full details at TI Casino dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, we got lots of Vikings news and regular sports, and we hit regular sports first.
Speaker 5: No, we already did that, so we'll go Vikings millions.
Speaker 2: Time for Vikings News on the Power Trip presented by Drinkel.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go through some of the names. Let's go.
Speaker 9: The Vikings are signing cornerback James Pierre, a cornerback from the.
Speaker 5: Pittsburgh Steelers, Frenchman, two years.
Speaker 9: Eight point two, five million dollars, three point seven guaranteed. He's twenty nine. He has spent all of his career with Pittsburgh. That's literally all I know about Hi. Yeah, what I just read.
Speaker 3: He plays a lot of special teams. He's one of those guys that it's good depth to have. It's all that stuff you would, all right, I agree, bros.
Speaker 9: The Vikings placed a tender on linebacker Ivan Pace. He's twenty five, so they have right of first refusal. They can match any offer that he gets. He was undrafted in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd be honest with you. That one's surprise.
Speaker 5: Same. I thought the same thing. Oh, they were just gonna let him go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he barely played towards the end of the season.
Speaker 9: Right, so he was a restricted free agent. Yeah, so there's like what other I don't know. There's a whole bunch of different layers of restricted tenders, and this was worded as a lower one, so I don't know what that means, but it's they didn't I don't think they placed a ton of value on him. But he has the right to go find a deal and then the Vikings can say thank you or no thing.
Speaker 5: Could I sign you just by giving you a chicken tender? Just one? Yeah that's not enough.
Speaker 6: That's just a little sweetened the deal.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 9: Yeah enough came from Well, ask my wife. I get canes for life for free.
Speaker 5: Is this legal? Ask my wife?
Speaker 13: It's tampering, Okay, yeah, I just want to make sure we're in the legal tampering period for chicken tenders.
Speaker 5: Marnie does, does girlf or what is his name, Cherald? What's your son's name? Against Gerald?
Speaker 9: Right, Girley, great gratty Grady. If he needs his grad party catered, Uh, just ask my wife. She'll have canes sent there because she thinks it's free for everybody.
Speaker 5: Quick, Can's question go on?
Speaker 10: When we were in Phoenix touring GCU, we did actually stop at Cane's.
Speaker 14: You're smart and no, it's not extra toast obviously, Poles laws trash. I do love Knes and I do love when you.
Speaker 5: Got a pimp walk.
Speaker 10: The chicken is real crispy and this wasn't as crispy, And Grady said, well, why don't you just order it crispy? And I'm like, what, I don't think Canes takes specific orders.
Speaker 8: He's like, why not?
Speaker 5: I think they make your I mean you might be able to ask.
Speaker 10: Do you know, like can you customize?
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 9: My guess they probably don't have ownership or I wish I tried. I looked at it a couple of years ago, like, how do you buy one of these things? They don't let you do it anymore. Well, I'm going to know more franchises. No, they're do it on my own.
Speaker 8: Next time I order the three fingers, I will.
Speaker 9: Ask it sounds so good, Rose, Oh, I wouldn't do. Don't hit that button. He's mad at you me.
Speaker 5: I don't have access to the button. Bars not what I heard. He is mad at me, and I don't like it.
Speaker 10: You don't You didn't get right, no, because I I get the three finger meal.
Speaker 8: So it just comes with you got.
Speaker 5: The box carbo Zach. You're not allowed to say that, Zack.
Speaker 8: That's too much.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: The no hand good he did that story. We just talked about that. The oh my god, the Raiders food.
Speaker 9: The Raiders are Marney alone. We need to class it up around him.
Speaker 5: This joy Yeah he is.
Speaker 9: The Raiders are signing former Vikings wide receiver Jalen Naylor to a three year, thirty five million dollar deal with.
Speaker 5: Twenty three million guaranteed. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: I didn't expect him to make that much cash, but good for him and good for his family.
Speaker 9: That's not much when when you consider the top guys are making forty million a year for top wide receivers and this is a little under twelve a year. That's a pretty good deal for a solid two and a half. Right, he's not a two, he's not a three. He's probably a three on a good team.
Speaker 5: But he is low maintenance. He's low maintenance. That makes him like an eight. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh YEA three million guaranteed and he gets to play in Vegas, the lucky son of a bitch. Yeah, yeah, man, yeah, good good for not a bad not a bad gig. The Saints agreed to a deal with running back Travis Etn and according to sources, the Vikings apparently were interested. Again, the Vikings haven't confirmed that that's not what they do, but no, there were a bunch of people on Twitter claiming at least that the Vikings were trying to get him.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that's true or not.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he is twenty seven years old, four years, fifty two million.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good for him. That's good money. He grew up in Louisiana, so he's going home.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Ian Rapaport just reported that the Vikings will meet with Kyler Murray tomorrow once he's officially released, and he is the favorite to sign with the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 6: H right, welcome.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's a it's a what a one dollar bingo card?
Speaker 5: Right? Super cheap? See what happens? May ask a question? I have a question, Yeah, light.
Speaker 3: They know that he is being released, they can't have any contact with him, so, like are they is this gonna be like a zoom bit or are they like, wherever he is just waiting around till tomorrow at like three oh one, Like will they meet with him in person?
Speaker 5: My guess is he just flies here and meets and in signs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is that. Yeah, so at three oh one they'll put him on the wolf jet. Wherever he is is what you're saying. Three eleven O three oh one.
Speaker 5: It's delayed the way by the.
Speaker 9: Time minute private Tomorrow is three eleven day. It's March eleventh. Oh happy three eleven day to all those who celebrate.
Speaker 8: You're gonna celebrate eleven the Fatals of rock Rock.
Speaker 5: Thanks John Oliver. He's going to celebrate by going down down. I doubt it. Doubt it. That's mean.
Speaker 9: Mike Evans agreed to a three year, sixty plus million dollar deal with the Niners, but it kind of is a one year deal. It's like sixteen million guaranteed. So what they're saying is it's a three year deal in on paper, but it's really in principle a one year deal. He's going to be thirty three years old when the season starts, so now they have just an all star lineup of studs on both sides of the ball. If they just stay healthy, they got to be like a top five team, but they've had tons of injuries in the last couple of years that keeps holding them back.
Speaker 5: So we'll see. If the Niners stay healthy, they're going to be a handful.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are, and they're they're looking to trade their left tackle, but he's kind of old, so I don't know how that'll go.
Speaker 5: Hey, Saws, you play fantasy football, right? I do? Mars you or not?
Speaker 8: I do not?
Speaker 5: You do not?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: This this also happens again when you slowly detach from sports over the years. I had heard the name Alec Pierce, but since I don't play fantasy football, I had no idea that he was this valuable in this big of a deal. Did you see the deal he got?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Thirty something million. Yeah, so Alec Pierce here.
Speaker 9: This is an unbelievable stat By the way, I have two crazy stats connected to Colts wide receiver Alec Pierce, who exactly He's returning to the Colts on a four year, one hundred and sixteen million dollar deal.
Speaker 5: Four years, one.
Speaker 9: Sixteen So that's twenty nine million dollars a year for a guy that I had barely heard of. But I guess the fantasy football world that cares. Here's here's why it's a big deal.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 9: The last two years he has led the NFL in yards per catch, so you could argue he's the greatest deep threat in the NFL. Uh thirty six point two percent of his catches, so a third a little over a third go for twenty plus.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 9: And last year he had a career low one drop, just one. But here's what's crazy. He technically was a free agent even though he went back to the Colts. So that is the highest paid wide receiver in free agency history, because all of the bigger deals that have ever been signed are re signing with your own team or you get traded to.
Speaker 5: A team like Tyreek Killerson.
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, you get traded, so you're technically property of a new team, and then you sign a reworked deal. So this is the largest and largest free agent wide receiver deal in NFL history.
Speaker 3: Alec Pierce, Yeah at nuts, Yeah, that's insane. And you could tell even yesterday when it happened. Colt super fan Pat McAfee was even like, well, we don't need Mike Evans, we have Alec Pierce.
Speaker 5: And it was like that they traded Michael Pittman to the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean I know who he is because I play fantasy, but I when that number came out yesterday. That's that's a lot of money for a guy a lot of people don't know existed until yesterday. Colts fans do, Yeah, Hawk does because he's a Colts fan and.
Speaker 5: He loves fantasy football. Yeah, what's your fantasy team name? Hawk?
Speaker 6: The Boogers.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cute, thank you. He's in a league with Curtis Armstrong. Oh wow, rat Hawk. Speaking of Curtis as you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, somebody on Twitter posted that Curtis enis former Penn State running back but former Chris Hockey high school teammate is now this like jacked basketball referee, right, like youth basketball referee, and he still got biceps like.
Speaker 5: It's nobody's business. It looks like he could still play. I can't imagine a parent's going to run out.
Speaker 6: Onto the court. Yeah nope and throw down with him.
Speaker 9: Even if you don't know what's Curtis is, you're like, that's a giant man.
Speaker 5: That guy could kill me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Only person that i'm him in my hometown with his dad link and my gosh, what names? Yeah, man, great kids. Yeah, I'd like to see zoom.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 2: So do you think I mean by the end of the day. Did you say three o'clock today, tomorrow, tomorrow? Okay, never mind, then, so we won't know nothing. We won't have anything talk about until the day after tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we might. We might hear from a whole bunch of people before tomorrow that the Vikings are going to sign I mean.
Speaker 3: We will probably here by the end of the day because the spots that he would go to are quickly. The only other spot is the Jets, because he's not going back to Arizona.
Speaker 9: Well, but how about just if we know he's flying here first, he's signing here. Yeah, because he's got to lay over if the Vikings want him and he has options. If he comes here first, that's pretty telling that he wants to be here more than anywhere else.
Speaker 5: You don't seem to signing here. Yeah, that's a good point. I do care doesn't seem like it. You want Kyler Murray on the Vikings, you guys cook.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I wish this wasn't our best option, but given the circumstances, this is our best option. So yes, I do want Kyler Murray. Yeah, given that this is what we've come down to. You know what I wanted it to be JJ McCarthy. I wanted it to work out. I wanted him to be our star.
Speaker 3: I think what Corey said forty five minutes ago is true that if you signed Kyler Murray, I think this might be the end for old J. J.
Speaker 5: McCarthy isn't and you'll find a different spotform. Isn't that you who said that? Well, No, Corey was the one who kind of emphasized it. I think a drum roll, like we tease the take and then we came back and.
Speaker 9: He said no, he asked the question, and then I answered, and I just I think Sauce preferred the way that I awarded it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, correct, he said it better than I'm just trying to give this again.
Speaker 9: He's kind court everybody but me now again, time will tell give it time and we'll see.
Speaker 5: If it works out. Yeah. And there's probably a team that would take it for sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah, right, somebody that thinks they can mold him and start over. And who knows, maybe like Harbob brings him in as a backup, and that's a teaching behind.
Speaker 5: That's a point.
Speaker 2: Do you think is going to be one of those quarterbacks that ends up being the guy who should have stayed a backup?
Speaker 6: I kind of do.
Speaker 5: I know, I kind of do too.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get why, but like the head coach, is it Jeff Hatley, Hafley? Halfley is bringing him in and if that doesn't work, that might be Halflee's only spot.
Speaker 2: Only seven point five million dollars for three years to the Dolphins for Malik Willis from the pack us, Did I have a quarterback?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hm, it's gonna be tough because that is a stripped down team.
Speaker 5: So wasn't Attlee the guy from Gone in sixty seconds? Was that his last name?
Speaker 9: Nobody knows he Hattlee? Adley or Attley? One of the two the bad guy, right?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: That was yeah Atlee? Jackson was will Pat Atlee? Yeah? Man, oh my god, don't do this.
Speaker 8: You're saying, never going to give you up?
Speaker 9: That's Rick Astley?
Speaker 5: What was the bad guys? Hang on, I know it's going to ruin my day. Don't tell me. No.
Speaker 9: He's the linebacker formerly of the Seahawks. He's a free agent formerly the Gophers.
Speaker 6: Too, Zion Johnson.
Speaker 5: No, no, he's a football player.
Speaker 6: Rushi Hashid, that's closer. John Harbaugh, Siren Saran No, Duran Duran.
Speaker 9: I just I just need you guys talk amongst yourself.
Speaker 5: Is neither a road nor an island. Discussion was just naming free agents and not giving any detail.
Speaker 3: Kobe Cheese, Yeah, Kobe Cheese, outstanding cheesel Jack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's your screen name.
Speaker 6: Why is that a screen name?
Speaker 5: Because he likes cheese? And do you like cheese?
Speaker 13: Bac Yeah, yeah, you Colby Jack on top of a Chick fil a sandwich.
Speaker 5: We should have got that Chick fil ad be good today, you'd buy right, Sure, it's.
Speaker 6: Too late now. Hey MARSI, yep. Are you excited for baseball season?
Speaker 9: I sure am.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You're back to the Twins stuff this year again?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 6: That's super exciting, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I'm just again, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying not to even read stories about the Twins because I don't want people to get me all depressed. I'm just excited for spring baseball.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I like in July, but in the spring and in the fall, I love it.
Speaker 8: It's the time of year though, too.
Speaker 10: It was the sunshine yesterday, Yes, I mean Sunday was awesome.
Speaker 8: It was sixty degrees.
Speaker 10: But yesterday, even though it wasn't as warm the sun in mid fifties, man, it felt like, okay, were living again.
Speaker 6: Yeah out here, Yeah, I'm in my mid fifties.
Speaker 3: The Twins open two weeks from Thursday. How about that? What you sa They opened two weeks from Thursday?
Speaker 9: Core, Come on, I've seen the movie a thousand times. It's gonna piss me off so much. Yeah, you're already pilled.
Speaker 5: All right, what is it? What is it?
Speaker 9: What are the dumb initials that might give it away? But R c Roman, Ram, Raymond Kaltrie, damn it.
Speaker 5: I'm so disappointed in you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just kicked this. It turns out these aren't real bricks. It's just a wall.
Speaker 11: This just in.
Speaker 5: Going away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, I can't believe you didn't know, Raymond k Man, Come on the hell man?
Speaker 5: What a great movie. Yeah, it must be because.
Speaker 6: You guys talk about about every Thursday.
Speaker 5: You've seen it.
Speaker 4: I've seen it.
Speaker 6: I just don't remember bands so good that.
Speaker 5: They fifty cars in forty eight hours. It's outstanding. It's a good start. You got like one.
Speaker 9: They take the first day basically to scout. Maybe it's seventy two hours. You take like a data scout and playing, and then basically the last twenty four hours is all about stealing the cars.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, so I was gonna see it because you know I heard it was you guys said it was really good.
Speaker 5: But twenty five percent and rotten tomatoes. Mister Z is right. That website is trash. Yeah, that website said kiss it.
Speaker 2: These days, if they ain't take some sixty seconds to be gone, they're getting caught.
Speaker 6: You gotta step up your game.
Speaker 9: Well that's why, that's why they didn't spread out all the hests over seventy two hours, because then you leave a trail.
Speaker 5: They needed to do a blitz.
Speaker 9: You gotta just you boost them all in one night so the cops don't have a chance to find out.
Speaker 5: What a great great show.
Speaker 6: Say the word trail.
Speaker 5: I think of my favorite band, what's your favorite poem, my favorite book? Oh, what's your favorite book?
Speaker 6: Fails in the Sand by who Peter Reagon.
Speaker 5: That's a terrible name. That's my favorite joke of all time.
Speaker 2: I mean, the probably the first joke I ever learned, and it's the only one I remember. That's not true. I like the other book too, which is Under the Bleachers. Oh boy, seymore Butts.
Speaker 5: That's a terrible name. Yeah. You legitimately liked this.
Speaker 2: Movie Car It's fantastic talking down to you.
Speaker 5: Well. It won of the three Academy Awards. One of the reviews is check your brain at the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, who CARESI likester.
Speaker 9: I love heist movies, and this is robbing cars, stealing cars.
Speaker 5: It's a heist.
Speaker 3: It was a moment, man, it was. It was Cage at his Fires. It's the Ocean's eleven of stealing cars. It's like, let's get a team together and figure out how we steal these cars.
Speaker 9: I'll watch heist movies all day long. It's my dream. Quick crapping on my dream, you know, craps on my dreams. Dwight Hockey. This lady gave it a three out of five.
Speaker 5: Zach.
Speaker 13: It's too stupid to be offensive, not edgy enough to be funny, just bad in every direction. Yeah, b Closterman, Oh he did not. He didn't like yeah. Oh.
Speaker 5: Shot from the Akron Beacon Journal well, it's the first time Shuck's ever been wrong. Wow, he probably changed his mind. Yeah, he loves it now. He was having a bad day, had a bad day.
Speaker 2: Somebody tried to order the chicken without any bready on or whoever mar said earlier.
Speaker 6: It pissed him off.
Speaker 5: Martie, you've seen gone in sixty seconds? Correct?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, it's so good.
Speaker 8: I did. I forgot it.
Speaker 5: Would you ever steal a car? Obviously it's worth it. We should go watch it, Martins. Yeah, it's a day. Where are you gonna do, Zach, We'll go on the performance.
Speaker 9: You guys just try stealing fifty cars in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: In case you guys are wondering, because he never drew me a picture during the host breaking they were supposed to butt Reek Mountain, I said.
Speaker 13: What but.
Speaker 5: Bush and Gardens, I mean, come on, Creeks.
Speaker 9: I can't remember Raymond, I remember the name of your fictional roller coaster fictional?
Speaker 5: No, it's real.
Speaker 2: I just was reading from a history dot com about on the state in eighteen sixty four. Montana hung A a a bad guy, and he's described in the story as local hell racer Jack Slade and vigilantes hung him. I gotta find out what a local hell ringer, hell racer did in eighteen sixty four.
Speaker 6: What kind of hell was he raising?
Speaker 5: I bet? I bet he played cards at the saloon. Yeah, that's a good start.
Speaker 9: All the troublemakers back in the day were poker players.
Speaker 8: And whiskey drinkers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gunslingers.
Speaker 2: Man, he used to Oh, he killed people and he would leave a cryptic set of numbers on all of them three, seven, seventy seven with a dash in between the three and the seven and the seventy seven. And nobody ever found out what that meant, but he left it on every one of his victims. Jeez, even to this day, nobody knows.
Speaker 9: Okay, hang on, serial killer and hell raiser are very different.
Speaker 5: This guy's a serial.
Speaker 9: Hell raisers, a guy that, like, you know, kick somebody's horse and runs off just for a goofy.
Speaker 5: That's your dude, you're just raising hell. What are you doing? Why'd you kick my horse? I don't know, I get what to do? They didn't They raising hell brothers is hell raisers.
Speaker 9: Today in Florida, we electrocated local hell raiser Ted Bundy. Yeah, the nights socker is a hell raise one of the clue of the all time pranksters Ted Bundy, just for a goofyeh born hell.
Speaker 5: All right fan five In a second headlines later, Marnie is here. This is the power to one each