Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning. Shannon, what the big famous party.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's this weekend, the party that I talk about every year with my friends Matt and Justin. They always throw a party for just like, oh, a reason, but not a reason you think that you would throw a party for so Anna. It started with they moved into a house and renovated the house, and it took them years to get a staircase built in this house. So when the stairs were done, they decided to throw a party.
Speaker 3: Well, now what staircase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a beautiful staircase. We've We've posted pictures of the satur staircase. Everybody will were done with a staircase.
Speaker 1: And Shannon talked about it in the air. I was like, this is the weirdest frame group I've ever heard. And then she showed me the staircase and I was like, that's actually a pretty nice leging.
Speaker 3: Staircase and pictures of the party.
Speaker 2: This party has now become the party of the summer to get invited to. Like this Saturday, they're having Bojie out to do the music, the food. Justin's a chef, so his company does all of the food. There's so much champagne. And when the gays show up for a party, they show up it is better than they asked for. His red carpet, I told and is already stressing out about what to wear for this This year's.
Speaker 1: Party is there is there a theme?
Speaker 3: There's no, there's never a theme.
Speaker 2: But this year's party, I think is to celebrate the fact that Matt and Justin are expecting.
Speaker 3: Oh pumpkins. They they started they.
Speaker 2: Started growing pumpkins in the spring, and so they sent out an announcement that they were they're not actually having children, no, they like they pollinated pumpkins.
Speaker 1: So that's what the party's for this because I think I love when gay dudes have have based.
Speaker 2: And trust me, when they sent the announcement, I thought that's what it was, and then I clicked open the text.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, Jess, Pumpkins, you just recently, within the last few weeks, were over there for dinner and you posted on your social media. What was is it? Matt or Justin? That's the cook they're the chef, Justin. So Justin doing this amazing thing where he was like cooking and he poured all the stuff on top of it like it was I don't forget what it was.
Speaker 2: What was it? It was a got why polenta with like all sorts of meat and veggies, and she's sort of it's called something.
Speaker 3: I'm forgetting what it's called. But it's a whole production.
Speaker 1: Does he cook at his own big famous party or no? He caters it?
Speaker 2: Well he he yes, his catering company does the.
Speaker 1: She's a caterer, so he has his guys work and doing the thing. Yeah, that's amazing. Yeah, well that's it.
Speaker 2: My sister got invited this year because she's about to be one of their new neighbors. She's moving, and she's so excited, Like I love having something like this to go to where you're just so excited to go.
Speaker 1: Is she excited about living next to these guys? Is she that close? Like because they have parties all the time.
Speaker 3: She could walk to their house from our new house.
Speaker 1: My neighbors next to me have people over all the time, and it's starting to become a tad irritating, like people parking on my grass or I have like occasionally they block the entrance to my driveway.
Speaker 2: So they do neighbor bribes for the party. So Justin's been baking for like the past two weeks, and he delivers all of these incredible things to all of his neighbors to say, hey, we're having a party this weekend, like it may be exactly, just text me if there's an issue, and you know, here's cookies and muffins and brownies and whatever else he's making.
Speaker 3: He does homie.
Speaker 1: Candy my neighbors to bake for me. There was a party at our neighbor's house last week. It was, first off, I don't, I don't. I've never been to this house. Okay, it's a house down the street from us. They had cars all the way up and down our block. Like I'm telling you, they must have had ninety cars, and they had people that like, so I took the dogs out at night and to go to the bathroom, you know, like at ten thirty or whatever. It was eleven o'clock. That party was still going And this was the craziest. People were leaving and when they were leaving their their radios were louder than the music they were playing at the party that day. It was wild, are you.
Speaker 2: We've driven every year and we kind of learned our lesson last year. Like West wanted a couple more cocktails, and I was like, well, I'm not going to stop, so your DD to you maybe like five or ten minutes, not even does not even minutes?
Speaker 1: Does an Uber driver hate that kind of pickup, probably because it's like short, Really, I don't know. I took an uber half a mile and it cost me forty dollars because I think that they served charged me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would much rather be safe obviously than sorry.
Speaker 1: So the party is what Friday night, Saturday, Saturday night?
Speaker 4: You can't wait to see the outfits?
Speaker 1: And they call it and what is and again the famous for the pumpkins.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that's what it is this year. I can't remember I got the invite and I can't remember. Huh, Yeah, they're expecting.
Speaker 1: That's kind of amazing to have. It's nice to have friends like this, but honestly, it's exhausting.
Speaker 3: So fun. No, we don't have to do anything, you just when it comes to events.
Speaker 1: It's no offense, but it's a lot of exhaustion of having to go in these social find outfits and get get invited. Sometimes it's nice to not have friends. I'd like to have friends that have parties that we just binge watch TV together.
Speaker 3: That does sound really nice too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Don't you like the weekends? Do you guys ever do this? Because I do this, I can't imagine like Beionca and Lydia because you know in Anna. But I like when I have nothing planned, Like when I say to Chelsea on a Thursday night, what do we got going on? Because I don't know what's going on ahead of time, like I don't really put things in a calendar, and She'll say, we have nothing this weekend. I'm like, oh, thank you Jesus.
Speaker 4: I love those weekends. But it's also because then I can decide. It's not like I'm sitting in the house all day, but it's like, oh, if I want to go to dinner, I can go to dinner. If I want to go to breakfast, I can go to breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always look at like when we have a busy weekend, like I've got a couple of busy weekends coming up here. I look at it as it's like I'm never stopping working because you know, our business what we do is we are into entertaining and whatever the deal is. But you know, I don't know. Crazy if West.
Speaker 4: Gets siction in Please let me know have an outfit ready, okay, and I'm available.
Speaker 1: What are you doing for Wes's birthday tonight?
Speaker 3: We are? So he has like a whole day planned.
Speaker 2: Kieran, his son, my stepson, is taking him out to breakfast right now, and then West has to work, and then his friends from his like work, are taking him to a little happy hour, and then he's going to walk over from the happy hour and we're going to meet him for dinner. Wow. But West does not like his birthday. He does not like celebrating his birthday. He never has. So it's really like a tough like I love celebrating and I want to celebrate him, but He's just not super into it.
Speaker 1: Has he always been that way or has it been since his mother has passed?
Speaker 3: No, he is.
Speaker 2: He's kind of always been that way because his mom could never afford to throw him a birthday party or really celebrate his birthday. He was only had one birthday party his whole life when he was a kid, you know, and so his birthday was just never an important day to him. To him, the most important day is Father's Day.
Speaker 1: He loves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loves Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt and Justin make Wes a big birthday cake this weekend too. Have a big old cake for Wes.
Speaker 3: Make him enjoy an appropriate shape.
Speaker 2: Boys, because I know him, they'll make it a big old d oh.
Speaker 1: They're that kind of gig guy. I like it, all right. Maybe next year there's an invite for me at this little party. Guys, all right,