Speaker 1: Get ready to head north with the Power Trip. Join the guys up at Grandview Lodge this Thursday and Friday. Be there on Thursday night for off air fun and games for great prizes. Then stick around as we go live on the air Friday morning, including the Initials game, and you're shot at a two night grand View stay with food, golf, and a massage at their spa. Get all the details today Cafe dot com slash grand View.
Speaker 2: Yes dude, you're your Initials Invitational seating is increasing by the week.
Speaker 3: Thanks, right, He's dominating this year. He's very good at it.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Marnie hasn't won since nineteen seventy six. All of a sudden, Chris wins every week.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on. I don't know why I'm good this year. I have no idea what I've changed, man, Because I think it's my testosterone level. It might be in crowded Hey, hey Ben, Yeah, I apparently, like, uh, losing weight can increase your testosterone.
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yeah? I think so because I never would have guessed that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Because the viscual fat that people carry, the belly fat that people carry it Uh, it does mess with your your estrogen and your testosterone levels. So basically, the bigger the belly, technically, the lower the testoster.
Speaker 2: That's why like Calista Flockhart's a raging b word. She is so much testosterone. Wow, it's such an old reference.
Speaker 4: I like her a lot.
Speaker 3: So does Harrison Ford.
Speaker 4: I know I like him a lot too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's in the Vikings locker room, his return, his question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it is good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love Indiana Jones. It was on yesterday. That's why I made the reference to the whip or whatever the line.
Speaker 3: Such a fun movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so much.
Speaker 2: They're all they're all pretty good. Yeah, man, they're great all hand. The first three. Everything after that has been absolutely.
Speaker 4: In the refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Nope, that's a zero out of ten.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Hawk loves that one, dude, it's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Which one is the which one is the one where he rips thought? They ripped the heart out tempo? I love that, the second one.
Speaker 4: I love that one. That one's there's a pornography that's similarly that really good as well.
Speaker 2: You need help, I don't I have problem?
Speaker 6: You got to be really really proud of that for you, man, to yourself. Yeah, I wish I had that problem.
Speaker 3: I don't have that.
Speaker 4: Well, you want to kiss?
Speaker 3: Can you give me some trfer to game day men's health?
Speaker 4: I know, man, Yes, two things. Ryan Nielsen defensive running game coordinator for your Minnesota Vikings. That's what I was talking about. Defensive running game coordinator. I've never heard of the position before.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he's a defensive coach. Yeah, okay, when you can't when you came in, Okay, sorry, when I misunderstood when you came in, I thought you were still talking about the offensive coach that was given that title.
Speaker 4: No, I apologize.
Speaker 3: The defensive run coordinator.
Speaker 6: That's basically your Your specialty all week is to develop the game plan to stop the opposing team's run.
Speaker 4: Got it. So that's always existed. I just didn't know that. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So basically a lot of all the assistants have sort of a specialty. Whether you are third down runs, red zone guy. There might be short yardage goal line guy. So everybody throughout the course of the week is kind of given a special assignment. And that's kind of what his special assignment is is to really hone in, not on the past game. Like, dude, you We want you to really break down all the runs and where we're vulnerable and how we can stop them.
Speaker 4: Got it, Okay, got it? Got it?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Thank you for that quest.
Speaker 2: It's like, look, so Indiana gets to the temple and the third one where the or the Cup of Christ is, what's the one I'm looking for?
Speaker 3: Holy? The Cup of Christ. Yes, the Cup of Christ holy Grail.
Speaker 2: And and so Sean Connery gets shot and he's and he knows the trials and tribulations. He knows what Indiana is going to have to go through.
Speaker 4: You got a kneel. You got to humble and kneel before God and avoid that blade.
Speaker 3: You got to do the leap of faith.
Speaker 2: You got to pick the right cup at the end, which, of course you you wouldn't pick the gold one.
Speaker 3: It would be yeah, he's but I like in that mix.
Speaker 2: At some point, the people that put together the little Fortelly esque traps and stuff, it's like you have to play wordle Like at one point you had to just step on letters. It's like, who fuck? This was a good what they had a word puzzle for him? Well, Steven Spielberg did, didn't he make the movie.
Speaker 3: Latin and Jehovah starts with an eye. He's like, terrible wordle guys have to be.
Speaker 4: Letters playing the initials game to get God's cup.
Speaker 3: Sauce.
Speaker 2: Sauce gets to the word puzzle in the lasts in and goes, screw this, smell my face.
Speaker 3: I'm going home. I'm turning around spelling with the giant testicle.
Speaker 2: But then the couple, the two weirdos behind him, they've just run right through it, and he turns on and they're like, oh, you're here.
Speaker 3: They figured it out. Well, no, he they watched him, So they watched him. That was the whole point of them staying closely behind, is he.
Speaker 2: He like ties up the wheels so the blades don't get him, so you can walk through the blades. He throws sand on the leaf of faith, he sure does, so they can see the path. Oh yeah, and then stupid ass Donovan just assumes which by the way, one last thing on my Indiana Jones rant, because I watched it yesterday, well it was working, but still I was watching it that I definitely stopped and watched it without worker, for sure, but I do I.
Speaker 3: Was working at the time.
Speaker 2: However, I just want to prove to have it that I almost never truly, I almost never watched TV when I'm just sitting and watching TV.
Speaker 3: Those are my twenties.
Speaker 2: The I forgot the gal's name. The gal's name in the Nazi turned like, uh, holy Grail Chaser. Her name was Elsa. At the end when she when when Indiana Jones is holding on to her and she's trying to reach the cup right she He's like, he's like, Elsa, forget it.
Speaker 3: Just said you know, I can't hold on to you.
Speaker 2: And if she falls, And then when Sean Connery grabs Indiana Jones and Indiana's thinking about it, he's just like, She's like, let it go. And I'm like, Elsa, and let it go. I wonder what if somebody from Disney thought of her name and that song in that moment.
Speaker 3: I waste a lot of my time you were. Her name's Elsa. She doesn't pay attention, she doesn't let it go.
Speaker 2: She wants it so badly when she just completely durped it and just kicks it right into the crevice.
Speaker 3: Yes, she does kick it to the crevis.
Speaker 2: It's the most uncoordinated attempt to grab it before she just kicks it down the crack.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, come on you guys. Ever watch repeat movies or shows as closely as Corey does.
Speaker 4: I don't watch anything I haven't seen my own, like family videos.
Speaker 6: If I'm watching a repeat movie, it is just background noise. Yeah, I mean that's that's when I turned into my wife.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had her kick it and then she tried to grab it. And she's wearing gloves, not the best for holding on to somebody's hand.
Speaker 3: No, right out of the ice.
Speaker 2: Aner's right, she falls for eternity like you hear crash, right, They imply that it opens up and she just falls forever.
Speaker 3: I would guess, yeah.
Speaker 4: Well that sucks. There's no crash that seems like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would guess.
Speaker 4: You know, eventually you just you'd reach a terminal velocity. You should just be hanging around forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, suspended animation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, greed got her. Yeah, I'm doing these things called on the review hawk. I'm reviewing things. Sent me some grape knee high. Oh and I gave you guys bottles and you refuse to drink any Why is that?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: You know what, if you want to crack open a bottle, I'm drinking and I would have a sip. Okay, let me get some cups this. Yeah, we could have like a little Dixie cup. So he pulls out these grape knee highs out of this box. And if you turn over the nutrition label and look at that, it has forty eight grams of sugar in that one.
Speaker 2: Bottle, and forty eight grams of added sugar.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's I don't think that's an Also, I don't think it's a plus. Oh, it isn't a plus.
Speaker 2: If you take a sip of this, there's an outside chance you start aging immediately, and then you turn into a skeleton and Indiana Jones throws you up against a wall and you shatter into.
Speaker 4: A grape favorite drinking.
Speaker 3: I do love the smell of it right now, right grape drag, grape drank.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, would you like to taste good?
Speaker 3: No, I'm good. Yeah, it's just grape so corl It is the most sugary thing you've ever had. Is really good, but you can smell the sugar. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, there's no way, there is zero possibility at this at all my age, that I could ever finish that whole bottle.
Speaker 4: You know what it smells like when you were a kid and you were making the kool aid yourself. Yes, you put the sugar of the bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you put three or four cups of sugar in the kool aid. That's that's what this is. Wow, that is Uh, it's good.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 3: It is good. I mean, how is it not good? I mean who doesn't love sugar?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean they both slept with Elsa Indiana Senior and Indiana Junior. They both did. They both did. Oh sure, I didn't know they yet. Indiana's like, how do you know?
Speaker 3: She did not?
Speaker 2: And Sean Connery goes, she talks in her sleep. Man, Well that maybe means things. Oh no, it does not, No, it does not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you guys taste it? I'm sorry I did.
Speaker 3: I mean, And the thing is it somehow drying my mouth out?
Speaker 4: I'm the review hawk and I'm here to review great knee High And if you would like to send me your products for free and have me try them my wheel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, and there it is.
Speaker 4: It could be any kind of edible, it could be any kind of food group, it could be any kind of product. I'll try it. I'm the review hawk, and here I am reviewing great knee High. It's delicious, taste good, it's really good. Actually, I figured it would be a little thicker than it is. It's very very water thin, very thin. Thank you. That's it. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it drying your mouth out like it did mine?
Speaker 4: My gosh? Yeah, right, it does. I gave Zacho some too. It's definitely dry. Why is that?
Speaker 5: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Is that the sugar content?
Speaker 4: I guess I think it's Yeah, it's invading my body right now and taking everything it's the.
Speaker 3: Moisture out of my mouth.
Speaker 5: It might have killed my taste buds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's punging. It is delicious, it is good.
Speaker 4: It's been around since nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 2: Do you think they have a grape knee high zero?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think there's I think if you took the sugar out of there'd be nothing left.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? Though? I mean it would be great with this because root beer basically has the same sugar content. If you made a knee high float, Yeah, that's a lot, but that would be really good though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I've ever seen on the percent the daily value of the nutrition facts for sugar. Yeah, we said you guys mentioned forty eight grams. But the percentage ninety six percent. Yeah, of your daily value of sugar.
Speaker 4: It's a classic old fashioned soda. That's what they call it. A classic old fashion like it. I say, avoid great knee high. It tastes fine, but I would encourage you to just makes yourself some kool aid and go that. I'm the review hawk. That's my review.
Speaker 2: Final question Indiana Jones related, Yes, go ahead, hear me out, Okay, go do you guys remember the scene when he goes back to Berlin and he gets the book from Elsa he gets he gets Sean Connery's diary, which has all the clues that lead to the Holy Grail.
Speaker 4: And a lot of weird pictures of Wiener.
Speaker 3: Sure he does draw.
Speaker 2: So he gets it from her and he's about to leave, and remember he bumps into Hitler and Hitler autographs the diary. Remember it's like that weird moment where Indiana Jones for a second thinks that Hitler's like, you know, something's up, and then Hitler just grabs the book, opens it up and autographs it.
Speaker 4: Sell you looking at me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, So think about this hypothetical question. In the Indiana Jones universe, if that was reality and that timeline goes on and that book survives all of hisjourneys and adventures, you have a book that has the Path to the Holy Grail and it's autographed by Adolf Hitler. Is that the most valuable book in the world? God Sean Connery's diary, My God.
Speaker 3: Would it not be?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I mean sure, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Can you think of any book ever that would be more valuable than that?
Speaker 3: Maybe the Option, maybe the first Bible Gutenberg, right, but otherwise this is this is autographed by Jesus.
Speaker 5: You have a.
Speaker 2: Authentic Hitler autograph, and at this point he would be no longer with us. Right when this book goes to auction thankfully, and it gives you the path to the Holy Grail? I mean that actually exists, right in that universe, that exists. Sure, it's the most valuable book in the world. You're right about that, Core, You're right, you're right. What did you guys do on Sunday? You broke down Indiana Jones. I'm doing it now. I wasn't doing it at the time. I'm just thinking about it.
Speaker 6: Think about that though, if a baseball can go for tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: Sure that that book would be worth invaluable, right, that's why they were chasing the Holy grail. What fifty billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Number is so big it's hard to even comprehend if it truly gave you everlasting life? The Hitler autograph is like secondary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In an effort to change the subject, an ultra Ray Kobe Bryant trading card has sold for a record three point one five million dollars.
Speaker 2: See that is peanuts compared to the Indiana Jones Diary.
Speaker 3: Not even close.
Speaker 2: I mean the first Action Comics number one, that is the first time you ever see Superman. That's worth about seven million, six million bucks. Does that give you the opportunity for everlasting life? Does it give you a path towards it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: It does not know, it does not not even close.
Speaker 4: No, not even How would.
Speaker 3: You even want that?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't want to be That's the point.
Speaker 2: Cam remember the Night at the end had been there for like seven hundred years, and he was ready to He was like, is enough, Yeah, here's my sword. I'm glad you're here, Like, do you want to trade? He's like I'm done.
Speaker 3: For seven hundred years. That's a different movie. Bored out of his mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't have a TV to watch football games or film or what phone.
Speaker 3: Oh that dude has never seen even one round of the NFL draft, no one, what a terrible life. Doesn't even doesn't even know the NFL exists? Yeahad why even live?
Speaker 4: Yeah, review Hawk is gonna review Firework Freeze five Hour Energy their brand new flavor.
Speaker 2: Would you like to taste You're gonna you're gonna have a half a knee high in them, I mean up with a five hour energy drink.
Speaker 4: I'm reviewing things here, man. What flavor is cherry blue raspberry and lime.
Speaker 3: That sounds amazing. It is amazing, would you? Blue raspberry is good at everything? Like that's that's it. That's a home run and almost across the board.
Speaker 6: You're like Ryan's toy review review right now, and now he's going to get another cup. Okay, I guess we are going to taste it. Blue raspberry suckers were always the best, the best. Yeah, elite fake fake watermelon flavor is the best. Yeah, tough to be ye, Okay, all right, all right, thank you.
Speaker 3: We should have had a selection of cups. Just to Okay, what is that smell? There's something very familiar about that smell. You chose poorly.
Speaker 4: Just taste it.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 4: Tasted.
Speaker 3: What do you think that is? That's that's cough syrup. Yeah, it tastes like a popsicle.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: What is up with everything dry?
Speaker 4: Cherry blue, raspberry and lime? I don't taste the lime. I taste everything else. It tastes a bomb pop to me.
Speaker 3: Like a really strong bomb pop. Gosh.
Speaker 6: I wish I could do that with my little back. My little back is killing me right now. I feel like Abbott. Really do you've dropped foot?
Speaker 3: No? Thankfully, I can still feel my toes.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 4: Would like to feel my toes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Break now.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 6: We're getting close. We're getting Do you have like a full day today? Why are you like crushing a five hour right now?
Speaker 3: It's like his third one. He's got fifteen hours of energy.
Speaker 4: I got it to sleep last night.
Speaker 3: Oh I see.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah yeah, good for you. And it's a rainy day. He loves the rain. Yeah yeah, he's into it.
Speaker 3: Man. It's like his third one.
Speaker 4: Sixteen hundred, Yutic Avenue, Sweet five hundred, Minneapolis five five four one six. If you would like to send me your products to review, I am the review hawk fiable. It could be uh no, I'm reviewing. I'm reviewing.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I did Cisco neighbor get fired for review?
Speaker 3: You know what I think you should do? You should do.
Speaker 6: We should get in the what is that that hockey the hottest chip or whatever? Yeah, the world's hottest chips. Yeah, it's just like a singular chip and like you got to try that?
Speaker 3: Would you try it?
Speaker 6: Try?
Speaker 3: You try it?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh, I would not listen if we can get if we can get it in on Thursday Thursday, which is probably not hard.
Speaker 4: We sh I ain't buy anything on the review to send it to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be free.
Speaker 4: That's right. I was known in high school the guy who did anything anything.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's not going to go well for you when they play it back and you go, I'm not paying for anything one free stuff.
Speaker 4: The review.
Speaker 3: They're going to hand you the cardboard box and fill up your stuff.
Speaker 2: Out of.
Speaker 3: Fan five in the rearview mirror.
Speaker 2: Whatever, wild one.
Speaker 3: Here we go Dante's hurt, Aunt's hurt, the draft has it falling off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Whatever headlines in a second, Power to morning Shoe on the fan.
Speaker 1: Never miss your chance to know what the latest sports news is in town. Your chance is to win tickets and knowing what's going on with all your favorite cafe and shows. Follow cafe and ones, there's there three all of our social channels Instagram, TikTok x and more. Stay connected and follow the sports leader of the fan.
Speaker 4: How about that race yesterdays? Echo, Yeah, Man.
Speaker 1: Parson, host of are who yeah man winning dega?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Hey what did the pile up happen? Which lap?
Speaker 5: It was earlier early exactly, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a better one at the end as well.
Speaker 3: Oh well there was a there was cars yeah that wreck.
Speaker 1: Twenty six cars in the first one. Wow, but most of our first time winner.
Speaker 5: And then I ended up driving.
Speaker 1: His car while he was sitting outside the cars in the celebration, and I'm sure nast car was placed to be.
Speaker 4: Watching that he was riding that whip or what do you call it?
Speaker 5: Go swimp.
Speaker 3: So hockey might appreciate this.
Speaker 6: So on Friday, Twincy's Live was up in Princeton until we were featuring the Princeton speed Wise.
Speaker 3: I love that place, and we had we had.
Speaker 6: A couple of modified cars there in the background and we did a little segment with that, and then at the end I tried getting in one got stuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, yeah, I couldn't climb through the window.
Speaker 4: I can believe that.
Speaker 5: Did you ask for help?
Speaker 6: No, No, I didn't because I was actually worried that if I got in, I would be able to get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you were stuck. I was stuck. Not in a dryer, but I was stuck.
Speaker 5: I was stuck.
Speaker 4: I've told this story, but it's spent a long time. The first time I ever got in my Late Model, when I was racing the late Models at Elko and Raceway Park. We were testing and I got in the car and I not only was I sitting in the seat, and it was made to you know, perfect specifications for my much larger body. At that point, I also had the Hans device on, so I couldn't turn my head left or right, and I got so claustrophobic that I had to literally dive out of the car. I was freaking out so badly, and it took me another session to get in there and talk myself into staying in the car.
Speaker 6: I can see that because you know, I was only half in and half out, and I could only imagine myself in that bucket seat that is tailored to you, and then when you have all the gear on, and then you have the harness on, and then you have to put the steering wheel on because you're that close.
Speaker 4: That was the last putting that steering wheel almost the thing.
Speaker 3: See, I don't agree.
Speaker 6: I think that I would have a little claustrophobia and freak out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well, I mean you look at those Formula one cars too. I mean that is yeah, I mean your feet and then it's like some carbon fiber and then whatever you're gonna hit at one hundred and eighty miles an hour.
Speaker 4: Right's Yeah, it's very communient. You're in a coffin already.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, there's something. There's something again I have never even attempted to get in one of those seats, but this, but the fact that it's kind of open around you, I think would feel less clusterphised A good point.
Speaker 4: I bet it would help.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, having the roof and the roll cage and some of these modified cars and like stock cars. Yeah, I think that feeling so enclosed, I think would be worse man yep.
Speaker 4: Anyway, anyway, there you go, Yeah it does.
Speaker 3: Right now it's time for headline. Yeah, headlines, here we go.
Speaker 4: And can I say thanks again to these Saint Paul Saints. We didn't hit Fan five and they sponsor Fan five, So thank you Saint Paul Saints. Go to Saints Baseball dot com back in town tomorrow eleven oh seven games.
Speaker 5: And thanks to all Around for headlines.
Speaker 4: And thank you to all around for headlines.
Speaker 2: Oh right, welcome aboard again all around. Hell yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: So we do.
Speaker 3: Last night I caught up Chad.
Speaker 2: I caught up on the final season of The Boys because the episode came out on Wednesday, but I watched it last night, so we're almost done. We're about halfway through this final season. The spinoff gen V just got canceled after two seasons. Oh no, And as a guy that's watched both seasons, good. The first season was awesome. The second season again, this is super unfortunate, but I remember they had a one of the main actors died in between the seasons.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: The storyline panicked like it just the second season just did not work at all. I thought it was almost unwatchable, but I just hate watched it because I wanted to see where it led.
Speaker 3: Absolute wasted time. So they canceled it.
Speaker 2: So apparently a lot of those characters are going to be in other Future Boys spin offs.
Speaker 3: But that spinoff is dead. Oh that's justifiable. It was over.
Speaker 4: It can be called Future Boys, Future Boys.
Speaker 2: Yep, if you like, if you like the White Lotus, they just started filming it. Hell on the bottom. Carter left week one. She just they like, she was one of the main cast members. She just like, this ain't working and left.
Speaker 3: So she's off the show. Yeah. So I don't know if she left or if they asked her to leave.
Speaker 2: But for whatever reason, that's one of the big A list names in season four and they're like, wow, they were one weekend and it's over for her.
Speaker 3: She called it quit. She meets Sauce, she just took her ball home.
Speaker 4: I was reading they hired somebody big.
Speaker 3: They did not know as a female.
Speaker 2: But speaking of the draft, speaking of the draft and meet Sauce in it, did you guys, see the hell that Mike Greenberg took for wide receiver Denzel Boston.
Speaker 3: No, no, So where do you play? Washington? Washington?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So second round pick. Maybe Zach can quickly get the audio in the next one minutes. I should ask him before the show.
Speaker 2: But so, Denzel Boston gets drafted, and Greenberg goes on like a sixty second bit about how awesome it is that his dad, David Boston played at Ohio State. Longtime NFL wide receiver David Boston. So cool to see Denzel Boston make it as well.
Speaker 3: Zero connection. Yeah, they're not related at all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So here's Denzel's big moment, and Greenberg won't shut up about how awesome it is that David Boston's dad.
Speaker 4: You know what, man, doesn't that sound like an a I'm sorry, go ahead, you play it.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have it already.
Speaker 1: I pick in the twenty twenty six NFL Draft, the Cleveland Brown select Denzel Boston, wide receiver Washington.
Speaker 3: Here we go ground.
Speaker 5: So there you are.
Speaker 3: Now that's another player whose.
Speaker 4: Name you were waiting to hear called.
Speaker 7: You remember his dad, David Boston, first round pick out of Ohio State in nineteen ninety nine, Denzel one hundred and twenty five catches and twenty touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's doesn't that sound like something that he got he got faked out.
Speaker 3: That's somebody like on like on Twitter or something like that, or like an intern or somebody the notes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, fact check exactly.
Speaker 2: So he came on later and apologized, and he basically said one his fault for bad research. So he didn't blame anybody else. He said bad research on my part. Oh, go for it.
Speaker 3: That was quick.
Speaker 7: Second, make an apology to Denzel Boston earlier tonight, I just identified as being the son of former NFL receiver David Boston, who was a mistake in my research as a terrible one, and I apologize.
Speaker 4: To them both.
Speaker 7: They are not related to each other, and so I apologize to both David.
Speaker 3: And Denzel Boston.
Speaker 7: I congratulations to Denzel on being drafted in the second round tonight by the k from brown Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's embarrasing.
Speaker 2: All right, Well more, Zach Sentce, you're a master at finding these clips quickly.
Speaker 3: Again, find this one quickly.
Speaker 2: While I'm talking about it, I forget which pick it is, So this doesn't help. But there was a guy that went up there. I want to I feel like it was for the Giants, but maybe not. And he announced the pick, so it must have been round two or three, and he said something like with the Bills pick Bills, the Bills pick. Okay, He butchers the number and then says twenty and sixteen draft, and the guy sounds drunk.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's just terrified or nervous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a it was a name he'd note because I was listening at the time.
Speaker 2: But it's like the thirty thirtieth fifth pick or something like this, thirtieth fifth or so, he says something.
Speaker 3: He gets the number wrong and.
Speaker 2: Then says, from the twenty and sixteen draft, this is the guy's moment.
Speaker 8: Yeah, with the the thirty five pick in the two thousand sixteen draft, the Bubble Bills select linebacker TJ.
Speaker 4: Parker from Clemson. He's nervous, nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I feel bad for that.
Speaker 2: But again, no offense. But then you can't send him up there. That's the kid's moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That is the thing, isn't it, Like they say, the scariest thing for a lot of people in the white world speak in front of people. Yeah, put him in front of what one hundred thousand? I don't know how many.
Speaker 2: People are millions at home? Right and it's a couple of million maybe at home. You just no offense. That's too big of a moment. If the guy's nervous, then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's you. But you know that until you get out there. Yeah, yep, with what did he say?
Speaker 2: The thirty five pick in the twenty sixteenth draft?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, with the kills that I have to go?
Speaker 6: So, Hawk, I suppose if you can find that chip by thirsh day, I'm what's it called?
Speaker 3: Isn't it the Pockey?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they make really spicy stuff anyway, but then they claim to have the hottest chip ever, I don't know whats it? You don't try, Hawk, I don't know. That's the thing I really want him to try. I really want him to try it because you know it's his new.
Speaker 4: Bit p a q U I Haunted Ghost Pepper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck, all right, love you guys.
Speaker 2: See if they're Twin Cities live today three to four thirty Ben and Elizabeth, and then that Ben's back on Thursday with us have fun by Do you guys remember when we were talking a week ago about the Boston Marathon and that that guy broke the course record.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Crazy, well over this weekend, Yeah, a Kenyan guy named Sebastian is it Sahwei or Soco Sahwei?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: He broke for the first time ever. He's the first human to ever break the two hour barrier in the marathon. He won the London Marathon in an unofficial one hour fifty nine minutes thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the previous record world record twenty or sorry two hours and thirty five seconds, so almost a full minute faster than had ever been run.
Speaker 3: And that was the twenty twenty three Chicago Marathon.
Speaker 4: I forget what the pace was.
Speaker 3: It was like four to twenty they said.
Speaker 2: I think honestly, Mike, Well, God, and how about I believe the guy that finished second also broke two hours by like, I think he finished twenty or thirty, not thirty, but twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: Maybe after this guy.
Speaker 2: Unbelieved two guys would have broken the world record, or maybe the guy didn't look this up quickly. Maybe the second place guy didn't break two hours, but he definitely broke the.
Speaker 4: World record, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If the second guy did or not. Somebody looked that up. See if he got this under two hours or not.
Speaker 3: The other guy.
Speaker 2: Finished in one fifty nine forty one. Really just eleven seconds back? Oh damn, I thought it was further back. But maybe that's the case. Either way, two guys world record, same race.
Speaker 3: That's nuts.
Speaker 4: That's unreal. I just can't imagine. I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: I just flying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, that's something anyway, crazy.
Speaker 2: Man, Do I have something for you, sau Do you remember about a what twelve days ago? It was tax Day in the morning of April fifteenth, at like five twenty five in the morning.
Speaker 3: You were like, it's tax day. Got him?
Speaker 2: I did not say, like I got it. Passed him again. I'm like, there's no way they'll ever audit me. I never said that. You kept saying, like, I dare them to come look at my boss, like zero percent out of zero zero zero.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I would never see.
Speaker 2: You said you paid your taxes, but you're like, they ain't gonna audit me. You're never going to a back check and see if I did it right. I never said that. Less than one percent of tax filers have been audited by the I R S in recent years less than one percent, which is why you were like, bring it on, that's not coming for me. Never said that, but butt sauce. Check this out, But butt sauce, Butt sauce. That could change because the I R S is now going to start using or maybe has been for a little bit, AI to better flag tax filers who return suggest non compliance or fraud.
Speaker 3: This is not my day, So they're going to look.
Speaker 2: For inconsistencies with AI, and then with humans investigate the ones that are flagged. So I would assume AI has the ability to scan audio and they would realize that. On April fifteenth of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: You dared them. I did not have to come look at your books. No. I did not say that, did he not, Christen Zach.
Speaker 2: I didn't see specifically said saying that it's a federal crime.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget I didn't commit the federal crime. And I'm not even saying it really is. I didn't say you're a committing tax fraud. You just said quote, bring it on. They ain't coming from my book. I never said that. You said zero point zero.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 3: I remember you saying you should all kiss each other. You too, should all kiss each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, even the two guys without names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the streets have no names.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: In nineteen eighty nine, Blockbuster was growing so fast he stuckled that they had a new store, a new Blockbuster Video store opening how often?
Speaker 3: Wow? Man, that's again.
Speaker 2: In nineteen eighty nine, Blockbuster Video was growing so fast that they opened a new store on average.
Speaker 3: How often once a week?
Speaker 2: So once every seven days, you're going seven days? They opened up one a week?
Speaker 3: I bet it was.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll say, I'll say once every four days.
Speaker 5: Every other day.
Speaker 2: So let's just go to your guest for a second, cause the maths easiest, right if they if they're opening up one a week, yeah, that's fifty two stores a year, right, Yeah, there are fifty states in the Union. Would you be growing super fast if you opened up one per state on average?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, no, that's not very much.
Speaker 2: Seventeen hours on average every seventeen hours they were cracking on open. At its peak in two thousand and four, there were nine thousand and ninety four Blockbusters.
Speaker 4: Joy of going to the.
Speaker 2: It was the best, the best, It was the best. So there were a little over nine thousand stores. At at its peak they employed around eighty four thousand people. And of course, famously there's only one left in Bend, Oregon, and of course it's.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: I think it's still just the one, okay. And of course it's not even like it's more for the nostalgia and the novelty, right, I doubt people are truly just hammering videos.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. I got the joy of being able to go as a kid and as a parent, you guys did, right, I mean that was to go there and and with Alex as a young man and let him pick out a movie to rent, you know, at whatever Disney movie you wanted to take home. That was just great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I had video vaults in Chicago because we didn't have a Blockbuster in Chicago. But obviously when I moved down to the cities for the U, Blockbuster was a gigantic deal. Right out of college, Blockbuster was still a gigantic deal. So I've been a Blockbuster a million times, but just video stores in general, it was the best.
Speaker 3: It was the best.
Speaker 2: And video vault sold popcorn bags, so I didn't like, you could go rent a movie and they had like a popcorn popper. Like it was a movie theater. You could just buy a bag of popcorn right there. If I remember right, it was like fifty cents or something. It wasn't much. This is like nineteen ninety six. You get a bag of popcorn. Rent Revenge of the Nerds for the fifteenth time because there were nude scenes.
Speaker 3: Call it a day.
Speaker 4: Think about the words I'm about to say to you right now. Did you remember to rewind it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I had to remind it, right, You had to remind.
Speaker 4: You had to remind the damn thing because you didn't wind it by I have to do it themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, how about when you didn't and you got a small fee of course? And then and then the next time your mom or dad or sister went to the video vault, they'd say, hey, you didn't rewind remind Revenge.
Speaker 3: Of the Nerds.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, I should have. I don't know why it was at that point in the video, right, Sorry, take it out of my allowance?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sorry, Standing there on a Friday waiting for the returns, you see which movie? Can see?
Speaker 3: It was the best?
Speaker 4: It was the best is the best? It was stand home watching movies on.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the best. This is the best. No, yesterday was National Pretzel Day.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: On my algorithm, like three days ago.
Speaker 2: This deal popped up that I truly thought it was April Fools. I'm like, how is this? Wait a minute, this is April twenty fourth. This isn't an April Fools joke? What am I missing here? Like this has to be a joke. Oh no, had you guys heard of the Golden Pretzel Pass at anie End's No, No, I know, well, three days ago I bought one.
Speaker 3: Hello, the Golden Pretzel Pass.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, gives you one free pretzel a week for an entire year. Oh my god, annie EN's Pretzels. I think a single pretzel now was somewhere in the sixish range. Used to be like two ninety nine at Pretzel Now it's something like six bucks, maybe six fifty. Yeah, you can get one free pretzel cinnamon and sugar or butter or whatever. Right, but a standard like large pretzel? Right, standard sized pretzel? What did I pay for a Golden Pretzel Pass? I can get fifty two pretzels for the next year.
Speaker 3: What did I pay?
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety nine thirty nine ninety.
Speaker 4: Nine seventy nine dollars.
Speaker 2: I would argue all three of those options are absolute steals. They were fifty bucks. Wow, you know fast, I'm gonna make my money back.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's only like seven pretzels, right, if it is like six ninety nine, we're talking like if I do seven pretzels in a year, I break even. I can promise you this, I will greatly hit the over. If you're betting the over under at six and a half, that might be fun. I will be it's way over, and it starts this week. So at some point in the next six days, I just swing by Ridgedale on my way home. Yeah, Pretzel one in the bank.
Speaker 3: You are so cute, thank you. Wow, very nice. That loves preadze the steel, you know, but it's going to be very very big.
Speaker 2: Who cares. It's an awesome deal. Get I'm going to mix it up. They're both ten out of ten. They are the cinnamon and sugar one is so good. It's so good.
Speaker 4: It is very good. I want them to have a drive through so that I may.
Speaker 2: They did, and people they did, and then when we asked about it a week or two ago. Somebody sent me a photo and said the one in Burnsville closed. Yeah, that it didn't work. Hog Golden Pretzel passed, And it's on my app. Take it so I don't have to, like, you know, have a card in my wall.
Speaker 3: It's just on the app. Oh man, I want to put a home run.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine. It just must have been in the wrong spot. How could that not work?
Speaker 3: Drive through?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that that works. I would go there every day, I don't know. Yeah, well, now it's over for you. Oh I might stop today, Yeah you should. I gotta start cashing in. It's a rainy day.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep track all year long of how many times I cash that in.
Speaker 4: You should?
Speaker 3: So, like, this is a stupid question. So like I bought it three days ago. So you bought it? What Thursday? It was Friday?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, whatever, Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 2: If you don't go this week, then it's down to fifty one, right, Sure, you can only use it once a week. Okay, if you forget about it for six months, you don't you don't have no, no, no, you don't have fifty two in the bank. You have one per week. For fifty two weeks, so every time you miss a week you lose that opportunity. Yeah, I will miss very few opportunities. You're gonna eat fifty two of them. Quit judging.
Speaker 4: That's not one weekend and.
Speaker 3: One a weekend.
Speaker 4: No big deal, moderation, You don't go holiday.
Speaker 3: Don't you listen to STP lyrics STDs? Yeah, good luck to you, hig.
Speaker 2: They massively undervalued the Golden Pretzel pass for you that it is paid double Yeah, right, who cares? Yeah, man, big Pretzel has all of my data, all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you care?
Speaker 2: How excited were you to tell your wife that you bought this and she didn't kill one bit?
Speaker 3: Tell her that I got a Golden Pretzel Pass? Are you nuts?
Speaker 4: Is never gonna go to that? Kidding me?
Speaker 2: If we ever go to Risdel together, I'm gonna have to tale No, if I ever go to Rizil and we're gonna have to do like a Clark Kent thing, I'm gonna be like, I'm gonna go to the bathroom and just disappear for ten minutes and go to get a pretzel, eat it as quickly as possible, and then go back and be like, Yeah, the line pisser was long.
Speaker 4: Sir, Yes, sorry, Yeah, what do you smell?
Speaker 3: Why do you smell like cinnamon in the bathroom?
Speaker 4: Oh jeez man, what a steal.
Speaker 3: That is a pretty good steal.
Speaker 2: I wish more fast food joints are more like restaurants for deals like that big Mac pass where you get a big Mac charge.
Speaker 3: They could charge so much more, right because people would hammer that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I remember the great never ending pasta pass at all of guards exactly.
Speaker 3: That was a month, right, it was like two months maybe, And what did you pay?
Speaker 5: I think it was like one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: You could go as many times as you want it and eat as much as you want it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how many times did you think you went? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, once I think over the period, I think I went twelve thirteen something like that.
Speaker 2: Tell yeah, see, I mean that is that's your money. You got your money, You got your money's worth, damn right. They are hoping that somebody buys the pretzel thing and then never goes, much like how a casino knows when you walk in what the average person that walks through the door is worth. They know how often based on your big pretzel. Knowing your data, they know how often the average person goes. How often that probably will increase with the option to go to go once a week for free. And they also know if I'm going to get a free one, I might be with one or two, two or three people and they're gonna get stuff too.
Speaker 3: They know what they're making. Yeah genius, Hell yeah, man, called a win win.
Speaker 2: They get my money and I get fifty two free gift card. Bit you're you spend more money if you have a gift card sauce. You know what? I might even stop once a week and get one for you. Oh you won't you hate me. You're trying to get me arrested on tax evasion.
Speaker 3: And you're I'm not the one that said bring it on and did not come in for my books. I will saying that I never said that. You ain't got books, and if you did, they're cookbooks. They're not stopped books.
Speaker 4: Just how you make peanut butter. And let's go.
Speaker 3: That sounds amazing. This looks complicated.
Speaker 4: Give me a spoon.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow five thirty until nine nine to eon is next.
Speaker 4: I already have a wonder for day.
Speaker 3: Did you have a do your little desk? Baby girl,