Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Wednesday, July twenty second, twenty twenty six. Lots to get you today from I'm getting canceled to the most intense pick aside arrest ever and a major Hollywood actor in some real big drama, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam Moore, Sea Lane is here? What's happening? So are you? You can join us with a dispatch. Go over to the Neewsjunkie dot com or in the app to record your first dispatch right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling the right of the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on oh Wednesday? Pretty good? Not bad at all? You ky, How are you doing on the Wednesday? Good? Now? Good Yo. A long intro. I think I worked in a couple of too many words there, but we got it. We're underway. I'm probably done with this might be my last show. I'll excuse you. What's going on. It's a thing. It's a whole thing, as it always is. We're going to continue, obviously with our rate my Blank for the week, which is rate my magnets, your magnet collections and different places that you've brought the News Junkie magnets, which has been so fun so far. And let's see what you have for us today. If you want to enter that, all you have to do is take a picture, submit it as a photo dispatcher on the Newsjunkie dot com and we'll talk about it during the show today. All right, here we go. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours. And we start out with it's getting a little scary out there, folks. I'm just gonna be real with you, it's getting a little scary. I got some questions. See, Lanet, you like to follow things like this from time to time, perhaps not as famously as I do, what with airplanes and airplane related story, but you know you enjoy this at least a bit. Uh. Here's what happened in a very recent call. This was yesterday to La Guardia Airport in New York City from air Traffic Control listening.
Speaker 2: All right, Delta twenty six zero four La Guardier tower went to one zero at one zero only two to two cut Land man pad alert issued at LaGuardia Airport at zero zero two seven used extreme caution.
Speaker 1: All right, So when I heard that, I go, man pad alert. You know, I'm not familiar with this. What's a man pad alert? And I guess that wasn't the only one. Even the pilot goes, all right, the ten to four brecker broker, Uh, what's a man paddle.
Speaker 3: Land to two place? The cove bar I could explain what a man pad is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a man portable air depense system. Okay, it's basically it was a report of a rocket launcher.
Speaker 1: Okay, where was that?
Speaker 4: It was a report? You feel about the portal?
Speaker 2: I'm just like I said, by I believe seminal seaweeds had conflicting.
Speaker 1: We got a man that alert? All right. It sounds like it's the office Christmas party. They have a report of somebody with a GD rocket launcher next to La Guardia and they're just cruising him in like, oh, we got at We've got a man pad alert. The guy goes, what's a man pad alert? A nice try? Is that like a BUTT four alert? I no, I got you. I know what's happening here. Got a henway alert. Yeah, you think we're dumb. We know what's going on. And there's so much chit chat going on in there you can't barely hear it. But the guy said there was a report of somebody with a rocket launcher by La Guardia, And boy, do I have some questions because that's a bit frightening. Here's the story. Delta air pilots startled by warning from La Guardia tower to be on the lookout for rocket launchers on final approach. How does one be on the lookout, Yeah, for a rocket launcher other than a rocket headed towards them. And and at that point, when you're landing a plane, a large commercial airline jet, there's not a lot of swerve. I don't think when it comes to like maybe a rocket headed your way. Like if you're driving your truck home, you might be able to wear a squirrel pops in the front of air or something. You might be able to swerve real quick. But the plane is pretty big, and I think that you're going to be in some trouble there. It says the pilots of a Delta Airlines flight from Detroit to the audio plane swerving right here stories what was I looking for? Just we're on a plane, like, do we have free audio? Thing you've ever fallen before? A plane swerving? Like I don't know what noise that this in the air I mean to do? Thanks for the man pad alert? All right? Yeah, what are we doing here? Man pad alert? Why is there someone with a rocket launcher near La Guardia? Can we get an answer on that one? And we just nonchalantly say this while your folks are chatting over donuts in the background, like now that Jane in HR is really a bit Oh my god, guys, this is this is bad. You should be in emergency mode in there. So Delta LaGuardia tower said there was. It just seemed like a regular ass communication. But there's a man pat M A N P E D. I don't even know what that means, but it was a rocket launch man pad is what Sean wears when he's on his man pat. No man pat. I'm guessing it means mandatory aerial notice of potential an it is? He said, what it is? It's a man portable air defense system. Oh I was not even close, but it sounded okay. A man portable air defense system commonly referred to as a rocket launcher. Military pilots might be accustomed to hearing this, but you don't often hear it as you're swerving into La Guardia, which, as we now know, the swerve in the Guardias sounds like this.
Speaker 5: That's right, like this, you swerve, you kind of a man pad comes up, good.
Speaker 1: Good tall. Most of the people who didn't know what was going on had no idea that you were actively trying to bring up that sound effect as you were yapp in there. Yeah, I tell you what man pad means, because you weren't paying attention. So I was worried about the rocket launcher aerial U. That sounded right, and you know it did del flight twenty six, So four said it's a rocket launcher. The first is that somebody generally thought they saw a man pad being set up on the outskirts of the airport and were ported this to the police. They're taken very seriously, Yabada Yabadi. So yeah, I don't know. I don't know what's going on there, but it's quite concerning. One might say a little frightening that we got wars going on. You know, there might be some Iranian sleeper cells or something, and then all of a sudden, someone gets a rocket launcher and by LaGuardia, that would be an absolute catastrophe. So we'll keep an eye on this story see if we learn anything more about it, and hopefully nobody is in danger there. But you absolutely never know. Before we get into me potentially being canceled here, I knew what was going to happen. Everybody on the chat was like, finally, finally it's happening. I'll get into it. I'll get I'll get into it. It's a whole thing, all right. But before we get to that and get to a couple of a couple of emails, I have questions. People are quite mad about this video that's going megaviral right now. And that's what we do here. We talk to you about all the things before everybody else, and one of them is this video.
Speaker 6: And I.
Speaker 1: Some people think it's funny. I like, I just look at it and I go, wow, that's absolutely bizarre. And people said that the police should have done something earlier. You know, I don't know what anybody was supposed to do, but there was a legit nine to one one call for a bear on top of a power pole. Like I'm not kidding. This is not AI. I'll put this up on See it Now. Let me get my screenshot here, because this is the perfect shot to put up on on the app and on the Newsjunkie dot com and to see it Now section. But there was legit a full sized bear, right, I mean you can see this is Yes, there's a full sized bear on a balt pole.
Speaker 5: It actually probably is quite like large, more so than we can tell because it's so far away. But if that thing we're like up next to you, I mean, look, it's taking up most of half of that power pole. Like, yeah, a power pole comes up from the ground and it makes a tee and on either side of the tee the different power lines kind of right, the bear is taking up almost the entire right side of the tee.
Speaker 1: And this is not just a regular run of the mill power pole. I think this is a taller one, like than you might have in your neighborhood or something. The bear is on top of it, and people go, well, why didn't anybody do anything? Because I guess the bear the bear got zapped. I think at some point in time, I don't know if he's okay or not okay. There's like there's confusing information on that. So I'm not here to tell you that the bear is dead. I don't know. Maybe we don't know, but I know that people were calling the cops, and the cops were like, what do you expect us to do? And here's the nine of one call. No, I'm on the highway fifty six.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, it's the.
Speaker 1: Gosh, yeah, just leave it.
Speaker 4: Said there's nothing that.
Speaker 3: They could do.
Speaker 7: They could go in and see.
Speaker 4: It, tranquilize it.
Speaker 1: So this lady's like, I called the game and fish people, the experts, and they said, there's not much we can do. We could shoot it with a tranquilizer. But if we shoot the bear on the top of the power pool with the tranquilizer, ah, bear falls down, take signs with it. Yeah, maybe it maybe does that and a bear ain't a bird. Just to break the news to you, here, bear touches that wire. The whole thing is is getting zapped. And the nine one one calls, like the lady started the call with, you're calling about the bear and the power pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Again, if you tranquilize that bear, likely scenario is it is it loses its grip on stuff because it's asleep, and then it topples over, maybe taking some power lines down with it. And if the power lines don't kill it, the fall will. Yeah, of course it's so high. It's got to be twenty feet high or less. Likely scenario the bear falls asleep on top of the power pole, and then when the trunk wears off, the bear wakes up and is still on top of a power pole. And there's not just as much you could do about it as you did before.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should go back to go forward here, Why is the bear on top of a power pole? Like I know one hundred percent the bears climb trees and get up trees. It's not a good place to hide from a bear. But this sucker is up there as Pink Floyd's money playing the background.
Speaker 3: End up.
Speaker 8: If they do that, then it's gonna fall and could hurt itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this guy calls nine one uppers, like we've been getting a bunch of those calls. Then Groc said. The bear in this footage was safely coaxed down by alignman Werner Neubauer. He de energized the pole and used a fiberglass stick to nudget the bear. Slid down and ran off unharmed into the wild, no injury. Where's the video of that? And then somebody he said, no, Grock, you're wrong. The bear died and they gave another version of the story. So I don't know what happened to the bear. I literally don't know. But what are you supposed to do in that scenario? Do you think? So if he is, I'm sorry, I don't want to bring you that kind of news, but that's just literally one of the more bizarre stories I've heard in a while. What are you supposed to do? Maybe we've got a bear expert out there somewhere in the audience. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com and I'll put that visual up for everybody over on the website. During the break, a couple of emails getting us started. Alicia and Jensen Beach, Florida emails about a pick a side we did on the show where we present a story and you have to choose which side is in the right or the wrong, and Alicia says, I'm behind the podcast. I just heard the pick aside from seven to sixteen. Sorry I'm so late, but I am so mad about the old man and the kids with the basketball. That must be the most miserable human being of that heard. These poor kids having to live next to that old pos. Thank god I'm not their mother, because I would get myself arrested. Those poor cops wasting their time on that idiot. I wish you had the kids information. I'd send them ten basketballs just to throw them on his lawn once a day for ten days. So you get the kids shot, isn't it. Can you guess whose side I'm on? Thanks for keeping me saying and laughing on the daily Love the Show, says Alisha, Thank you, Alisiha appreciate you. I posted that as a clip on YouTube dot com Slash the news Junkie. I post the pick aside sometimes and when I posted that one almost one of the overwhelming responses was why don't they just put the basketball hoop on the other side of the yard, And I thought, I understand what you're saying, because like there's a driveway, the basketball hoop is on one side, even though they have a big net behind it. When you miss big time, you know, when you missed the shot big time, it goes over in the neighbor's yard and causes the fight because this guy was a Nazi at his yard.
Speaker 5: Honestly, that net was not super tall. So now I think most of the shots that you miss, if you're getting if you missed the backboard, it's going in the guy's yard. Yeah, and that's what happened to this guy was getting pissed.
Speaker 1: So the people that put it on the other side of the driveway, I'm like, if you put it on the other side of the driveway, you're still gonna end up hitting the backboard and it goes behind you and or there's no net to catch it when it goes out of bounds behind you. Like, this is just what happens when you play basketball in a neighborhood. It's not that big of a deal. Let's see here. Donald emails the show, great show all caps. He says, been listening since you started out in the morning. Finally subscribed to secret Shows. How do I get magnets or merch? Love the podcast? I miss someone every I miss some of them every once in a while, but I do my best to keep up, says Donald. How do I get magnets or merch? Well, when that stuff's available, it's up on the website. We don't have any merch sales at the moment, but we always have. If you subscribe a Secret Show or if you gift Secret Show of subscriptions, there's different exclusive items you can grab for each thing you gift or for your subscriptions, so you can get random magnets, you can get this, you can get that. We got there. There was like ninety one back orders for people who had gifted subscriptions. Courtney is bagging those all up right now. But we do have a slight problem here. I just want to put this out there so you guys could give us a little extra patience on this one. I reached out because we ran full on out of the Magnet inventory between the live show in this and I reached out to our magnet people and our Magnet company, which has worked with us for a dozen years. I've purchased fifty five thousand magnets from them or something. I said, I need a thousand of these and two hundred and fifty of these, and the Magnet Company says we can't fulfill that order. We're all out of magnets right now. What I said, you're the Magnet company, how are you out of Magnet? Say, we're all out of Magnets right now, Sean them in the first week of August. So Corny's going to fulfill like about eighty or ninety percent of these back orders for that kind of stuff, and then when we get the rest of them, we'll push all those out. And we have made Magnet so popular that run out of the Magnet company themselves just can't come up with them. Game of Magnet strikes again. Trevor emails the show. Hey, Sean, I remember you guys talking about this story a little while back. We don't always get updates on stories like this, so I was happy to see those grandmas who are fighting for the right to party one. Keep up the great work. Love the show. Wiggle Wiggle, pop pop, it says, Grandmother eighty two wins the law change so she can enjoy happy hour at her care home, which, yeah, we did talk about that, And that'll do it to get us kicked off here on the show. Today. When we come back, we've got an incredibly jarring wild ride for pick aside. I can't wait for that for you. Also, I think I'm getting canceled. There's just no way around this. We have to address it. I'll do that and a bit some stuff from yesterday that we got to clean up on a little bit, and a whole lot more on the way. A busy show for you today, and that's coming up next. Somebody News junkie. One thing we forgot about yesterday. We didn't really work this in. I think I mentioned it right at the end of the show, seling just for a second, but Jason Alexander from Seinfeld had some claims against him, I guess, And then I was like, who was this and you mentioned it was from somebody that we had heard of before. Yeah, somebody very fame, very infamous. Maybe I think infamous is good for her. Courtney Stodden is her name, and she put out some claims about Jason Alexander from Seinfeld on her Instagram. I got it right here. We'll just work through this since I got to pay this off from yesterday. Cortney stought and says, I was seventeen years old in this photo and it's her in a bikini and it's Jason Alexander with her. It says. The older I get, the more impossible this is to understand. During this comedy sketch, Jason Alexander repeatedly rubbed his phone across my breasts while saying there was no signal in my head, but plenty of signal in my chest. Later in the sketch, he joked that when I turned eighteen, he'd liked to take me behind the couch and have his way with me. I am. dB credits him as one of the writers of the episode an episode of Why I don't Know What's a Funnier Die sketch? Is it? Oh?
Speaker 5: I remember when that was a I'm emailing you a link that actually has the video of the sketch.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd like to see that. Sure.
Speaker 5: Like when I first read the story, it was a little unclear. It sounded like it was just something he did off, which is very creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But yeah, now that I like see the whole thing and realize what happened, I'm like, oh, this is I mean, not just on Jason Alexander. There was a whole studio of people that just all produced this sketch. Yeah, so a couple of things we need to work in here. Jason Alexander obviously from Seinfeld fame, and he's responded to this, I'll work in his response. In just a bit, Courtney Stodden was this younger girl who became famous because I think at sixteen or something she married an actor in Hollywood. Yes, she she catapulted to reality TV fame after marrying actor Doug Hutchison when she was just sixteen and he was fifty one.
Speaker 1: And he was from what like blackhawk Down or something or I forgot. I didn't really know of his like catalog. It's just a yeah, the Green Mile, lost X files, no good deed, punish her war zone, a handful of stuff. So she she got married at sixteen, was famous. The actor and her were I think married and having sex, which she was a sixteen year old girl, and it was a big scandalous story all over the place. But with that rise to fame, I guess she was involved in some stuff, including this funnier diesketch with Jason Alexander. He says, IMD credits him as one of the writers of the episode. As an adult, the fact has become harder, not easier, for me to understand. I was a minor. I didn't have the legal power to decide whether I wanted to participate. The contracts are signed by adults. The Patrick paycheck went to Doug. The paycheck went to her husband at the time.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, that's everything about that relationship was weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hold on, So he's having sex with a sixteen year old girl, because that's a girl at sixteen years old, a sixteen year old girl he's having sex with and he's married to, and then she goes out and works and they can't pay her, so the paycheck goes to the grown ass adult who's having sex with a sixteen year old. That's that's a little weird, man. I don't know what to do with that. The production move forward, I was the only child in the room. I felt so alone, she said again. I'll get to Jason Alexander. From Seinfeld's response in a second looking back, now, I don't see the comedy. I see a seventeen year old girl whose body became part of an adult joke. People say you chose to be there legally. I couldn't make those decisions for myself. I don't know how true that is. I honestly just don't know enough about that. Like I would imagine even at seventeen, if you're married, you could refuse to be in the skit like, are you can I even a child could be like, no, I'm not doing this right, Like you don't have to participate in work as a child. Maybe you feel pressured to or something. But she's saying like, I didn't have a choice legally. Yeah, I don't know if that's right. Maybe it is, Maybe she's right. That's the point. I can't change what happened to me, but I can ask myself, how did so many of them? Did she have a choice whether or not to get married to Doug Hutcherson. I think she did. I hope so, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: If not that there's a much, much bigger crime that went on surrounding this.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to hear what this kit was like. I'll get to that and then we'll hear what the response was from Jason Alexander. But a Courtney's thought and says, how did so many adults look at a minor and decide this was acceptable? Uh? That's exactly why I speak out today. Children deserve laws that protect them. They shouldn't have to become adults before realizing the law should have protected them all along. So it's like end child marriage and a bunch of other stuff like that. Now let me see you did you send over this? Uhm, okay, that's her. That's her post about Jason Alexander. And then see Lane found the actual bit that started all of this, and let's see if it as bad as she sang. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. Maybe she's overdoing it. This is it on top here it should be all right, this is the funnier di sketch. It's a little long, so we won't play the whole thing, I don't think, but you can skip the He's America's fourth.
Speaker 9: Leading life coach, self help guru, and motivational master.
Speaker 1: All right, so it's like Jason Alexander is some sort of motivational speaker. Allah, doctor Phil And then a bunch of people come on his show and he's interviewing them. These there's other people, some couple. Okay, Here is Courtney Stodden in this scene. This is the one she takes issues right, It says, assess your partner.
Speaker 10: He did something very brave recently. He went on the Doctor Drew Show and allowed him to do an ultrasound of your of your bosom to prove that they are as God intended them to be.
Speaker 1: It was very should we talk about doctor Phil. If that's the case, did doctor Phil legit look at sixteen seventy year old girls breast to see if they were not implanted? First off, he said, doctor Drew, Oh, doctor Drew.
Speaker 5: Okay, And secondly, I think this is probably just all part of the bit, the bit. This was a comedy sketch. I don't know that any it's based on any truth. Okay, all right, just in case, let's say.
Speaker 10: But I don't want to do that. I'm not that crass. I don't care about your breasts. I mean they're lovely. They're lovely, that's the husband.
Speaker 1: But I don't care about them.
Speaker 10: What I care about is the quality of your heart. So I have a special app here on my on my iPhone and if I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I phone catching strays.
Speaker 10: I'm going to use this to just find out what's what's in the quality of your.
Speaker 1: All right, So that was a photo. Sound like they're taking a picture. He's got his phone out. She's in this small red bikini. Seventeen years old. Jason Alexander's a grown acid.
Speaker 10: I can't tell which side should I be on.
Speaker 1: He's rubbing the phone on the brick, side.
Speaker 10: This side over here, This is the side down there? Alrighty, then let me see I'm getting that's great, I'm getting a lot.
Speaker 1: Are you getting anything?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's interesting. I'm not getting anything here? Okay, that that is? That is weird. Man, he's rubbing his phone on his seventeen year old girl's boobs.
Speaker 5: If she was of age, that's kind of a funny joke. But yeah, you kind of gotta take yourself out of that, knowing that she was seventeen when they did it.
Speaker 1: Jen On TJ Chat says, wasn't she emancipated her parents let her marry a fifty one year old? I don't know. I mean, like, I guess technically she was seen as an adult everywhere, but it's all very strange. Jason Alexander has responded to this, and let's see what he said here. This is from Variety, says Seinfeld. Star Jason Alexander apologizes to Courtney Stodden for filming inappropriate sketch when she was a minor. I truly regret it. He issued an apology talk about this. Does say doctor Phil? Oh No, it parodied doctor Phil. That's what it says. The whole thing was like parading Doctor Phil. It didn't showed Doctor Phil at one point in the sketch. It did. Yeah, looking back at the comedy sketch in which Miss Doddon and I participated in twenty twelve, I completely agree that it was inappropriate and I truly regret it, he said Jason Alexander. But more importantly, I'm deeply sorry for any harmor distressed cause to Miss dodd and I offer her my sincerest apologies. So that's from That's from him. And she was saying, like, you know, I was seventeen when this happens. Impossible to understand how this could occur. Everything around her life at that age is real weird, man, Like sixteen year old girls getting married to fifty year old guys and then adult actors in scenes with them touching their breasts, Like all of it seems like all the bad things you hear about Hollywood, Right, this is what we hear about Hollywood. These are the things that we hear happening. There's no rules over there, doesn't matter how old the women are, doesn't matter, Like if they literally could consent or not consent, you just ship them right through it so somebody can get paid. The parents are somebody, somebody somewhere is getting paid, and that to me is yeah, it's a hard one to defend. I'll be honest with you, but there we go. Let us know what you think. I'll put this up as well. On see it now so you guys can take a look for yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to see on her Wikipedia page if it says anything about an emancipation. I think her parents signed off on it. Age sixteen, signed up on the internet for an acting workshop taught by actor Doug Doug hutcheson Oh My God, on the recommendation of a front of their maternal aunt, who worked in Hollywood and knew Hutchison. He was not aware she was a minor, began becan a courtship with her over the internet. It lasted between four and six months.
Speaker 1: After the game, she goes to his acting class and he sees what she looks like, and then he starts fooling around with her. It began a courtship. But it says over the internet. Okay, so it says began a courtship with them. Was that her and her aunt or no? I think she's like non binary now? Or is she after Hutchison became aware of Stauden's age. He told their mother Christa, who had monitor their online exchanges, was aware of the relationship at age difference, he would seize his relationship if the parents disapproved. The parents, citing Stauden's devout Christianity, allowed them to make their own decision, and then they got buried in Vegas her without Christianity. I'm not seeing that on display here. This is not what I'm seeing, and it all just seems very Hollywood like to me. That's what it's seen. That's what I'm seeing here. But you know, you guys have your thoughts again. I'll put this up on see it now. I'm sorry I haven't putt in the bear clip up yet, but I have promise I'll put both of those up during the break. It's been chaotic, sea. Maybe do a live read. It's it's a lot, it's a lot of stuff to do all at once. My life is very difficult. Just so you know, a couple of things coming in for rate my blank for this week. Rate my Magnet. This is This is a news junkie slash secret shows magnet with a very interesting little pal in front of it. What's his name Ralph. This is Ralph here some sort of I don't want to say lizard. I don't know if that's offensive to this thing. Whatever. It is, some sort of a gecko guy. But here he is Swilly's one of his many creatures with a magnet. There, here's cool, fun hippie chick with her collection, a bunch of magnets, really cool ones.
Speaker 5: Al Swilli's creatures are just laughing at them right now. Look at you with the cast.
Speaker 1: This person says, shout out the Sun State, John for the subscription. I'm in Wisconsin, so there's not a lot of game of Magnet's action here yet, but I have my collection inside my toolbox. Yeah, yeah, it's a Clerkman. I'm pretty sure. And yeah it's a Clarkman. We're looking at there, Clerkman six fifty eight probably, or the seven hundred series perhaps, But we appreciate it sending that up. We were we're overwhelming people with all of our tool knowledge in the moment. But what we want to do is take quick break. When we come back, we have our first pick a side of the day for you, and this one is an absolute stunner. This isn't an interesting conversation that's going to come up out of this. My cancelation is eminent. I'll explain what's going on with that and the pushback that's arrived here. And we got a bunch more to get to on a busy Wednesday. It's coming up next on the news, Chunkie. One thing that's happened over the last couple of weeks doing these pick aside segments is Steil and I've been getting a lot more emails with people suggesting, Hey, do this one, do this one. I think this one's going to be the best. Hey, you should check this one out. And people are sending us lots of good options for these segments. And the pick aside segments are basically like, hey, somebody here is in the wrong, somebody is in the right, and you determine what's what you know, you be the person who casts some judgment on this case. And in this case, I was like, I don't know, I feel a particular way about about this woman's arrest. There's this woman, she's younger, I don't know her exact age. Let me see, I might be able to find it real quick. Her name is Samantha, and Samantha is she was. I don't have her birthdate here. I think she's in her twenties or so, maybe maybe her twenties or early thirties. Samantha apparently was caught by the cops after some drinks in the parking lot with a guy. All right, and Samantha ends up in cuffs and the police are there and they're asking her questions, and that leads to this pick aside. We're gonna play the intro. I forgot about the intro. Oh I sent it to you, man, Oh my god, did you? I'm so sorry I did, and everything I've been chasing my tail. It's okay, right there we go. Let's go straight to the body cam on this pick a side. Who's in the right, who's in the wrong. We of course have the young woman Samantha is her name, and the police officer who's talking to her. They're in a parking lot. They just busted her and some guy in the back of a car. Let's go to the tape and see who is in the right and who's in the right.
Speaker 3: Your pants are off and his pants are off. Yeah, okay. And after y'all finished that, what were you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Absolutely nothing else gonna go home.
Speaker 3: Look at your eyes really quick. Some of your head just followed your eyes, all right?
Speaker 1: Are they're doing the standard roadside tests? And this is in Seminole County, Florida where this occurred. It's just now going viral. Happened a couple of years back, and this woman like what the officer was saying?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Did you hear what he's saying? The officer is like, well, you were, like how you were having sex in the back of the car. What were you going to do after that? Like? What? What?
Speaker 5: A what a weird question to begin with? Maybe he was getting to are you going to drive the drive?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe maybe, but why not say that were you going to drive afterwards? As a woman, We're going to lead into incriminating herself. Probably. So he's got this woman and she's doing the roadside test, follow the.
Speaker 3: You're free to leave. I wouldn't recommend you drive though.
Speaker 1: Okay, the guy gets released. So these two were caught having sex in the back of a car, and he releases the guy. He goes, you're free to leave, here's your ID see you later. Get on out of here. I don't want you to drive, but you know, Syonara Sucker and he's gone. He gets released, she doesn't get released. Why Why is my question on that? Why does he get released but she doesn't get released. I don't believe since they were allegedly making sweet love in the back of this vehicle, I don't think that she was actively driving back of the vehicle love. There's nothing sweet about that. Does that mean the keys were in the car? I know you can get a du if your keys are in the car.
Speaker 5: You can get in d UI for big keys. You mean like he's in the car, is in the ignition? You know you can get the d u I without the keys being in the ignition.
Speaker 1: So I'm just wondering why why did they let the guy get.
Speaker 3: Because if you get in your car, I'm gonnaarrest you for d u I, even though you weren't driving. You're sitting in a parking lot, you're in behind the driver's seat, your vehicle's on, it's running. You're gonna drive after you had with this this young gentlemen, what I have to do is you're gonna look at my pen and you're gonna follow it with your eyes and your eyes only. Okay, can you get back position? Hands your side?
Speaker 1: She's crying. She's definitely drawing sixteen steps.
Speaker 3: Do you remember how many steps I told you? Okay, how many steps have you taken? He's only taken two steps so far. Okay. The last I have you do is I want you to imagine thirty seconds inside of your mind. Okay, So what you're gonna do is you're gonna closure. Dog, You're gonna still try it back and then not yet though, hold on, hey good.
Speaker 1: Please Okay, first of all, this whole close your eyes and imagine thirty seconds is a new one for me. But then then he says, put your hands behind your back. You're under arrest for what. Like she she's sitting here, she's being as cooperative as you possibly could. I'm not saying anybody should do this, but having a lot of us, haven't a lot of us done this? Alien says, it's kind of humiliating. I feel like that was kind of the point. I feel like the officer was like, hey, uh, we caught you having sex in the back of the car, so let's make this a whole thing. Right now, let's release him. But your keys are in your car and you're in there. You're in the vehicle, so you get a dui, even though she was like totally working with him on everything that I could see, you know, good and be again.
Speaker 3: How long was that? I was just like fifty five or a minute?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: What was my instructions? A minute? Okay?
Speaker 1: How much to drink today?
Speaker 3: I had two drinks here, and just to confirm what was going on. When I first arrived, it.
Speaker 11: Was the first time I met him, and I was just kind of I liked him and.
Speaker 1: I was attracted him, so I wanted to I want to get fast to him, but talk.
Speaker 3: About your pants are off and his pants are off. Yeah, okay, I'll finish that. What were you going to do? Absolutely nothing. I was going to go home. Why just look at it?
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe she shouldn't have said I was going to go home because that implies that she was going to drive.
Speaker 5: I don't even think she needed to apply imply that she was going to drive. I think that just her being in control of the car and being intoxicated, the barrier to entry for a dui is very, very low.
Speaker 1: That's kind of crazy to me, is that because let's say we talked about on the show before.
Speaker 5: On this show, we've talked about how you can get a DUI for choosing to do the right thing, for going, Hey, I'm too drunk to drive. I'm going to get in my car and sleep.
Speaker 1: I do think you should. I don't think you should either. I don't you know.
Speaker 5: But like especially if you take all the precautions of being in the back seat, of being not in control of the vehicle, they still count you as you're the one ultimately that can drive the vehicle.
Speaker 1: I mean this to me is like young people doing what young people do after a couple of drinks. It's a perfect opportunity for any law enforcement officer to teach somebody a lesson. But he didn't seem to want to go that way.
Speaker 4: Why what's that?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Because that's what my starting requires. Why why I have no idea? You can ask him that I have no idea.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: Well, right now you're going to be placed under rest for duy, go ahead, turn around for me. Plus hasn't done a bet. I'm going to rest hard for You're just total For what should I do? I just told you?
Speaker 1: Oh God, tell me again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're under the influence of alcohol to the point from almost over.
Speaker 1: Get Why did you get right? I wonder for resistance and I arrested her. Said, how goes all right? So at that point they arrest her. He there was a weird part there at the end. Here's her uh where they booked her and stuff. She got booked for alcohol, do you I influence of alcohol or drugs, resisting officer without violence, fraud in person, display another's driver's license. So maybe she showed a fake ID or somebody gave her. Yeah, she gave the officer a fake ID. So she gave the KAPA a fake ID when they when this all initially happened, and and so they got her for a couple of things. Oh she's twenty one. She was twenty one at this time. But I mean, come on, likely if you're an officer, this was a perfect opportunity where everybody is cooperating with you, where you could just get this done. And then that part at the end where he was like, I need to get a photo of your tattoos. Isn't that usually for gang stuff? Do they do that for everybody? I've never had that happen before. You never had them take a picture of them? Or no, I mean I've been arrested your ta tattoos? When you had arrested. Yeah, I started getting tattoos like right when I was eighteen, So I don't know about photographs.
Speaker 5: But usually, like at some point in you're booking, they'll record somewhere any identifying marks on you. So there would be in the file somewhere where you got arrested. There should be may and maybe it depends on the crime, but it should say like what the tattoos are. Even I even think in a lot of the police reports they have things that you mark off, like you mark off height, you know, eye color, hair color, and then somewhere there'll be visible tattoos or visible marks. If you're missing an arm, they'll then somewhere to.
Speaker 1: Mark the right. But I've never heard them do that. Have you ever seen a body camp thing where they go, okay, now we need to get photographs of your tattoos. I've just never heard that before.
Speaker 5: I haven't heard of them photographing them, especially on site.
Speaker 1: Can we real here? Doesn't it isn't there a little bit of potential that he's like, I want to take some photos of you because of the salaciousness of the story, and I want to send it to my sergeant. So I'd be like look who I just arrested that? Like, I get that vibe a little bit. Maybe I'm wrong, Hailfire says on TJ Chat. Was she at escort? No? I think just a young woman who met a dude and want car. Yeah, Like, I literally I know that you shouldn't be doing any of this. I know drinking and driving is bad and all that. I'm going to pick her side solely because I think that the police officer could have been easier on her. He let the guy go, he let the guy go. I really feel like he could have said, all right, Samantha, you know, don't do this again. I want you to get in uber out of here. And maybe this is a decision that you start to think about in your future. But I don't know. Let us know what you think about this. Who's who's in the right, who's in the wrong. Pick a side on this one between Samantha, this woman who got pulled over for this or got arrested with her her parking lot trysts going on, or the police officer who's just following the law. I guess what do you think, Ceeling, I.
Speaker 5: Think, based on what I've already said about how I think you know she wasn't driving the car. I know, I know that you can get a DUI for things that aren't driving a car, but I disagree with that, so I picked her side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that that's dopey. I think they should be. They should get the people who are drunk and dangerous behind the wheel and they should throw them behind bars, and they should really punish him hard. But sometimes it's like, all right, you know, I don't want to do like a well kids will be kids thing, but almost almost I'll put the videos of this just I'll really see it now in a moment, really difficult not to pick her side with that top she's wearing. I mean, don't be weird, man, Jesus, it's just twenty one quick break. When we come back, here's what we're doing. We're going to a couple of things that we have to get into, including my impending cancelation. That is something we absolutely have to get into at some point. An AI story that is going to rock your world. We got a bunch more on the way. We're just getting started. That's coming up next on the news. Junkie, forget giving your money to the big corporations, you know, donate some subscriptions so people get premium access to the news Junkie over on the website. This story is unbelievable, Steelen. You've been a juror before. Do you remember getting paid for being a juror when you were a Jerry Foreman, I believe ooh, I mean give you a check. I just you leave and they just let you leave with a check. I think so.
Speaker 5: I don't remember exactly how it worked, and I think it was only like fifteen bucks or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's rough for you. That's that's tough. Usually they don't pay well right to be a juror you get selected for jury duty.
Speaker 5: But I think it's fifteen to thirty bucks a day, and they may up it if you get picked for like a bigger trial. Yeah yeah, but I know it's low. But I can't remember if it was if I had like options on how to claim the money, or if it was just a check that they print out there. I don't It's been so long that I don't recall how it happened. I'm about to rock some of your worlds.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kat says, I think it's like eleven dollars a day. Boots, he said, think it's like fifteen dollars a day. I'm about to rock your world here. This was a trial concerning allegations made against a sheriff and a district attorney, and the Travis County District Attorney moved to dismiss the charges on July sixth, so a couple of weeks ago. Court records show that the jurors for the trial were sworn in way back on August thirteenth and twenty twenty four, so years ago, two years ago, the jurors were sworn in, and the day after or a couple of days after, the trial started. So the jurors were sworn in August thirteenth, twenty twenty four, and the trial started August fifteenth, twenty twenty four. Prosecutors step up and they go, we moved to stay the case, which means they wanted to like, you know, pause the case in action. And there was appeals and the proceedings were paused, and for like two years, nothing really happened with this case. But then a couple of days ago they said, oh, let's make a judgment on this, and they made a judgment on the case. So the jurors sat for a couple of days. That's it total on this but mostly just a lot of time went by, and you get paid twenty days, twenty dollars a day for your first day of service, and fifty eight dollars for each subsequent debt. That's how much you get paid in Texas where this happened. And because of that, the judge goes, all right, I think that's what happened to the jurors here, and you end up with this story. Travis County District Court Judge Karen Sage a Karen doing some Good ordered on July thirteenth that fourteen jurors will be paid twenty six seven hundred dollars in a high profile trial due to an early appeal that stretched the case out for nearly two years. Technically, they were jurors on this trial for two years, but they weren't doing anything. They were just moving along with their day. And she goes, well, you are to be paid as a juror for all of those days. And it turns out, oh, the jurors get twenty six thousand, seven.
Speaker 5: Hundred dollars and they didn't even actually like deliberate or do jury stuff because they dismissed the charges yeah. Yeah, so they just got paid because the case started and then nothing happened for two years, and then the case finalized and the judge goes, all right, well, let's pay the jurors out.
Speaker 1: How long were they jurors for. That's a rare win. That's a rare w twenty six seven hundred dollars they were paid for being on this trial that they really didn't do much of anything on That sounds fair to me. I don't mind that, but let me know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, speaking of that, we might be able to work in a couple of dispatches here on the show. It's easy to send your thoughts. If you want to get involved in what's going on around here, go to the news junkie dot com, record yourself and presto, you're on the show. Just like this, here's somebody talking about that. Pick a side with the woman who got a dui because you got caught having sex in the car with some guy and the guy got let go, and then the cop said, because you had your keys in your car and you guys were inside the car, you get a dui for whatever. Reason. Here's the brown pony.
Speaker 12: So here's a thought. So there's two people in the car. The car wasn't moving. He just pulled up to the car and caught them having six right, Sure, how can you determine which person was driving? Let's say you are driving and you get pulled over and you have a passenger. Both people don't get a duy, just a driver. So how can you prove which person was driving? So I wonder if they can use that as a defense.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I had to ask Moses, our attorney, about this mode witz. It's another weird one to ask him, but it's a good question.
Speaker 5: I was also wondering, like, since we're on this topic of people being able to get DUIs without driving the car, I like, say, if you if your air condition was messed up, and you're like, I'm gonna go and sleep in the car with the with the engine on so that I have some a see so that I'm comfortable, you could still get a DUI if you've had drinks before doing that. I wonder if, like, for example, I think your car is probably like mine inasmuch as if you turn on the car, but you you put the keys back like inside your house or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is very hypothetical. I understand this, but just just go on this journey with me. You put the keys back in your house, there's the car will not go into drive if the keys are not in the zone of the thing. Right, it usually alerts you. I think, right, like, you know, keys not in vehicle or something. But that's what mine does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think I think when the key's not in the vehicle, it won't let you drive it, Like if it's already parked, I don't think it'll let you move it.
Speaker 1: So if you could, I think mine lets me drive it. I think it might. It might, but that might be different for different vehicles. Your truck might not do that sea lane. And then if that's the case and you're not physically able to drive the vehicle, then one hundred percent you shouldn't get a DUI. Right, I could say is impossible that you you couldn't even commit the crime if you wanted to. I think Dustin had a similar question to this. You should put this on the mo list.
Speaker 2: If you are living in your car and you get absolutely hammered, can you just say, like, I live in my car, I wasn't gonna drive anywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm just sleeping because I live here. I wonder if that would get you inde. I we'll ask him most coming back in. He's been out for a while and he's coming back in this week, so we'll ask him and see what he says about all this. Uh. And I'm interested to see what his response is because that that that story brings up a lot of questions, at least for me. I want to see what everybody says.
Speaker 5: I think if you're living in your car, if you're living in your car and it's a car, it's a car, car like, not an r V, not a Win a Bago, you can't confuse this coversion. Man, this is this is a car. I think you probably can't get drunk in your in your domicile. And then if you do, I don't know that a lot of people are going to be on your side. Be like, well, he was in his house. I mean he lives in his car. Let the guy get drunk. You'll be like, hey, maybe you should save some of that money for a house or something like, get your life together and not live in your car.
Speaker 1: A lot of rumors flying around right now. Our friend Amy Cauthell posted about this, and I see the tweet now. It says the Miami Heat accidentally posted and then deleted a scheduled YouTube live stream titled Lebron James Introductory Press Conference for July twenty seven. You're taking his talents back to South Beach. Yeah, that would be brutal if they did that, unless this is a promo stunt by them. It says the Miami Heat accidentally posted and then deleted a scheduled YouTube live stream that was called Lebron James Introductory Press Conference for July twenty seventh. A team spokesperson told ESPN the link was mistakenly published while preparing for a possible James signing. So this may have just leaked the whole thing about Lebron James to the press because he's no longer going to be playing for the Lakers. He's announced that already, and it just make a huge mistake. I guess the Miami Heat posted a link to a scheduled live stream it was called Lebron James Introductory Press Conference on their YouTube channel. Their social media department was preparing for the possibility and mistakenly posted this. He's an unrestricted free agent for the first time and is weighing his options. This sounds like he knows what his options are going to be. Sounds a little bit like he knows what his options are going to be. He President pat Riley said last week that he and newly acquired star Giannis Attenta Coompo, I brutalize that. I'm so sorry NBA fans. Giannis a would welcome James to Miami. James, entering his twenty fourth season as a basketball player, won a pair of NBA championships with the Heat on his seasons with the team. So did they make a mistake and accidentally announced Lebron James is headed to the Heat? Could be that's the talk of the town in the sports world today, and god knows, I am tuned into the sports world today. Buddy got all the info one could ever ask for in that world. Uh Okay, somebody says, why did that woman have a fake idea if she's twenty one? Yeah, that's a good question. I don't know the answer to that. Casey Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com where that email came into. I do not know why the woman in the picck aside had a fake id considering she was indeed twenty one when she was arrested for this. All right, there we go. We are going to well, you know what, I could work in one more thing real quick, because I thought this was absolutely amazing. In Los Angeles, California, you know, they're famous for their police chases over there. Yes, why is it there? I don't know, But tell me, everybody, tell me, this isn't the dumbest thing you've ever heard in your life. In your life, there's a high speed chase going on in California. ABC seven is broadcasting it. And then the car does something that you think would possibly end the police chase. However, policy is that this cannot end a police chase. So here we go.
Speaker 8: This is the vehicle or westbound turn here finding another gas station might be the same one. He must be long gas driver stepping out of the vehicle.
Speaker 1: He's pulling out of the vehicle, runs into the gas station.
Speaker 8: And he's gonna drop it right here. Benning, Oh, he's gonna get a gas.
Speaker 1: He's getting a gas in the middle of the police chase. He covers his face with his shirt. He's now filling his car, the car that he's using in a police chase. He's filling it up with gas. Do you think he's planning on driving off with the thing attached? I don't know. But how weird and sort of police cucked? Is it?
Speaker 8: This driver nervously getting gas after you can't do anything? Some degree of relief here, although you could tell he's still very animated. He's got his shirt covering his face.
Speaker 1: What do you think this large There's a big biker next to him at the gas station.
Speaker 5: He looks over and the dude. The dude is acting like a total loon. He's got his shirt over his face and he's he's like laying in every direction.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything. I'm just just filling up. Nothing weird about this at all, totally normal stuff over here. How how absolutely weird and cuked is this? Your police department can't stop the police chase when the guy is filling up with gas at the gas station. Where are the actual law enforcement vehicles? They're they're following behind and they're overhead in the chopper. But I guess they are not allowed to stop. Aware of the laws. I don't know, it's protocol.
Speaker 8: Pretty unaware of the fact that he's pretty much on his own down there. There's really nobody pursuing him anymore. All of the law enforcement has pulled off. LAPD has abandoned this pursuit. California Highway Patrol.
Speaker 1: Has uh what sorry has He's just amazed at what's going on? Then the hello cup of guys, like, is he seriously filling up with gas in the middle of a police chase right now? Yes?
Speaker 8: Yeah, set their helicopter off to other assignments, so it looks like he is really just uh, you know what, a cash there.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, he sure does. Bdm X contains they're just a budget increase away from fixing this. I'm sure true. If only they had a few more dollars, then they would be able to stop these pesky people in these police chases. Bro, he's filling up with gas? You swarming? And it says its protocols is LA PD guidelines forced police to allow his suspect and has stolen Sida to stop at a gas station to refuel during a high speed chase. To reduce risk to the public, they allowed air support to track while the suspect refueled before resuming his getaway, and then he just drove out of there. I guess how stupid be acting any more suspicious, got his shirt on his head. We all know you're up to and he just fills up in California too. This was pricey, more expensive than the vehicle. Perhaps that he's dropping it's done, it's done. Who just throws it out? He didn't even he didn't even hang it back up. He just threw it out onto the ground, left.
Speaker 8: Dropping the drop.
Speaker 1: This is uh wild, Yeah, it's weird. What a dumb rule man? What what are we doing here? How insane is it that we go, Look, it's so dangerous. We can't possibly chase people in a high speed chase. So what we'll do is let it be broadcast live on television. Why not just stay at the gas station? Is it like playing tag? But who was it?
Speaker 5: It was it Antonio Brown that just stayed in his house until the cops gave up.
Speaker 1: This is the secret, you know, you know, you go into websites and it's like the one secret that the cops don't want you to know. This is it. There are ways to get around getting arrested high speed chasing. It just go fill up at the gas station and you are a okay over there, God bless them there you are. I think they maybe you should rework that. Can we get some grapplers for them? The grappler that they shoot out of the police car and I could pull him in Batman style worked a lot better when the car had little gas, I think, so that might have been a better idea. A massive failure in New Jersey leads to some big headlines. We'll touch on that also when we come back. This is it. This is it. This is the end of the show. I am going to be canceled. I hate to tell this to you now, but I'll give you the details as to why in just a moment. That's coming up next in the news junkie. Somebody sent this in for us to to look at and they're like, yeah, this should be a pick a side on this, And I said, I don't know that I can help you out there. You know, there's they send something that is about a thing that Celan and I know literally nothing about. We don't have any information about this. I don't know that I'll be able to tell you who's in the right or who's in the wrong, or I will try that This is from a gym. So that's why we don't have the required expertise etiquette, etiquette, I think, so hang on, let me see here. This is about the woman who's on one of these machines. And one of the problems I don't even know what this machine is. I don't even know what I'm looking at here. I need to see her moving. Okay, She's on the machine some like weightlifting thing or something, and and another woman comes up to her, excuse me, are you I just cut on? I have like two sets cluts.
Speaker 13: I've been watching you for ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Are you done? And she goes like, I just got on, I got two sets left. I've been watching you for ten minutes on this machee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah you guys.
Speaker 1: So she said, these kids taste take forever on this machine. Let me see like a pump up the volume. I I feel we're just gonna hear the I think we might just hear the background music louder. But let's let's see if this makes it better.
Speaker 10: I just that on.
Speaker 4: I going on one set, and I've been.
Speaker 8: Here like two minutes.
Speaker 1: I have two words to work that clos It'll take me like five.
Speaker 8: But I don't have minutes.
Speaker 1: I don't have five minutes.
Speaker 14: Do you want to work in with me?
Speaker 4: That's when you.
Speaker 1: What? What does that even mean? Do you want to work in with me? Does I mean like I'll do a set and then you do a set. Well, I'm resting, and then we go, like, you know, back and forth. I'm assuming we're assuming that's what that means. Yeah, work in a set.
Speaker 14: Yeah, she's a going on my set, So I don't want to just do another set I've done.
Speaker 3: But then I don't know how long you're going to be.
Speaker 4: I'll take you then, I just know you live. I have to go ahead, you know.
Speaker 14: So if people at work in this, we can tally go set by set, but I've already done to stay so I can't stop it.
Speaker 1: You know, once you start a set, you cannot stop. It's set by set, but I've already done it set. I don't know what any of this means. I know what a set is.
Speaker 3: I will be done in my last workouts.
Speaker 1: So the older lady, I guess who's got her hands on him. She doesn't even look like she's in workout gear, which is kind of confusing. She comes up to the younger woman on the fitness machine and she says, you've been taking it up for too long. I just need two minutes when you get off, so I can do this for two minutes, and she goes No. Kurt Studman knows what is He said, it's called a sybyan. The woman setting in a sybyan. I don't think that's it. How would you know? You're not a gym guy. I know that's not a gym thing, all right. I think it's some sort of you like, sit down and then you lift weights on it or so. I don't know.
Speaker 5: This lady's wasting so much more time confronting the woman then it would be, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just let her do or sets. All I know is there is a lunk alert. I know that if you go to Planet Fitness and you're too loud and you're like oo and you're making too much noise, I know that they'll yell at you for that. I know that the other machines that I see in the background, there's a lot of them. But maybe this is a specific machine that she is using, and the.
Speaker 5: Other machines they have more than one of? Is there not more than one of this machine? Like, I'm curious if this is you know, real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, My bigger problem with this is that this woman is filming her workout, and stop filming your workout, for God's sake, stop with this nonsense. All right, stop with the filming of your workout. If you want to film your workout home, gym time baby, all right, everybody else in the gym, Like this is why people who aren't quite there yet, Like I don't want to say sea Lane, but let's you know, let's just take seiling for an example, Like he looks good. Easily to use yourself as an example, looks great. I have to talk about somebody else here, so if it was you, you could use me as an example. But looks great. We all, we all know it. We all know that ceiling looks great. But here's the deal. If he wanted to get even more ripped at the gym, he's going to go in there for a little while. It takes some time to sort of perfect yourself. People don't want to show the world the work in progress. They don't want to be seen on the back of your stupid video gym. Yes, they do, only when they get somewhere. I think. No, you're saying like, like when you're ripped or you've got a six pack or something. Then you need if you want to show your progress, you need to film the progress. Yeah, but I don't want to be in the background just getting started, like this is my first week in the gym, and I look like an idiot in the background. Oh that's you know. Then the home you don't have. No, why do I have to go to the home gym? If you want to film, you'll go to the home gym. That's the way this should be. Oh my god, Hard disagree? Another machine, Hard, There is no other machine. Hard disagree. Maybe the gym's have a phone zone and a no phone zone. No, I don't think you're supposed to do this. Maybe they allow you. But the idea BURDNRD says the gym I go to as a note recording policy. They all should. If you want to film and do like influencer stuff, do it at your own house. Or maybe there should be like influencer sections or something. But the phone zone, the idea that you're in the gym and it's your first couple of weeks, or maybe you're just not that photogenic, or maybe you don't want to be on camera. What the hell?
Speaker 5: I think the main reason for I mean, not the main reason, but I think a big reason for a gym having a no recording policy would not necessarily just be because other people don't want to be innocent bystanders in your in your TikTok video or whatever whatever you're trying to do here. I think that's part of it. Yeah, you don't want to make others uncomfortable by, you know, having them inadvertently be in the background looking all fat in your video.
Speaker 1: However, I don't want to look fat in the back around on somebody's video. Yeah, right, that's fine.
Speaker 5: I think the other thing is, though, you know, as this woman is complaining about this, she's saying, the woman's been on this machine for ten minutes, and she's like, no, I've only been on this machine for two five menus, I've done one set. I got two more sets. How long did it take you to set up that phone? You know, are you taking up people's time by having to set up your phone? You're making sure you got the right angle, you know, mounting it to something or putting up a tripod or something stupid like. It's it's really if you find a vast importance in documenting every part of your workout for the social meds. Then you are taking up significantly more time everywhere in the gym. You're having to pivot these shots and set up these things.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I think, why on earth would you just say flat out no phones in the gym, Because wouldn't way more people be happy about that other than the people who are going to be mad? What percentage of people are are going to be upset by this? The only the stupid influence. So it can be no recording, not no phones. There's plenty of reasons to have phones. Sorry, sorry, no recording, and AJ says, I go to Planet Fitness, they don't care about s so many phones recording all the time. But I think that's just a win. I would go, hey, at this gym, come in, have fun, better yourself, get in shape, get the body of your dreams. Be all. You sound like the gym from Dodgeball, you know, like, yeah, hey, everybody, come up, we're average Joe's I say, no phones and gyms. That's the biggest thing about this that I pick up. But I don't know about the working in whoever sent this. I can't really help you out with the etiquette. You were right on guessing via context would work in means to share a piece of QUI with another person. You perform your set while they rest, then you alternate back and forth one at a time. Okay, yeah, I mean that seems like a nice offer. We'll do this. But then again, does the woman really want to work in with you when you have a camera pointed at the machine that you guys are both going to be using.
Speaker 5: Or do you want to work in with this lady who's being a total bitch about how long you're taking.
Speaker 1: That might be awkward too, but there you go. Jim Rats, tell us what we got right or wrong about all of this. Send your dispatch over at thenewschunki dot com. Right now, there is a Twitch streamer who right now is getting canceled. I fear they're going to pull me along with them. I think that the potential for me to also be dragged into this is very, very large because of something that they have in their streaming setup. Now, this dude is I don't support him at all. I think it's a dumb commy, but you know, such as like streaming, the streaming world has different people with different opinions. But it's something in his streaming setup that's currently getting them canceled. It's tad close to home. Okay, little little close to home. Take a look around the streaming setup. Take a look around the streaming setup of this guy. All right, Ye, the closer you get to the monitor, the closer you'll discover. What are you sitting there? He's got some heads, some pictures of dogs. Yeah yeah, a picture of Barack Obama and the Queen. Yeah that's not it. That's not the one that's that's doing him in right now. But you have a picture of Barack Obama and the Queen. I don't have Queen.
Speaker 5: You love Obama and the royal family. So they're like perfect picture picture to put up. Has both of my two big loves.
Speaker 15: There.
Speaker 1: He's got a game cube in there. What about this right here? What's what can you tell? It's a little blurry in this? He has a newspaper of nine to eleven. Yeah, yeah, that I I happened to have one of those. And now this was the clips that started. Also, you might have noticed something some changes behind me. I finally framed the cuty Cinderella, the newspaper from nine to eleven In the morning of nine to twelve. Cinderella's paper right there.
Speaker 16: It's another stream, the newspaper that covered nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: It's now there's officially sitting behind me and story. Yeah, everybody else was dead silo. The next day, I got the newspaper that covered nine to eleven. Eh. Yeah, if you were really cool, you'd have the Onion newspaper from nine to twelve, which was holy FNF. I can't believe that fing happened or something similar. But he's got the New York Times newspaper from nine to twelve about the Twin Towers being hit on nine to eleven. I also have this. All right, well, I will say, get away from me. You can't cancel me for this. I'm the news junkie. I've obsessed over news for a very long time. My entire office. If you went in my office, you'd be like, whoa buddy. I've got headlines about Hitler being killed. I've got jfk assassinated. I've got Elvis Presley dead, I've got nine to eleven happening. I've got uh oh, the humanity when the Zeppelin went down. I've got all of these different, these different newspapers framed and displayed in my office. However, I think his is probably different because he's a comedy so this is more of like a trophy in the back like that, that was a good day. Mine is not like ice cubes today it was a good day. Mine is just like, hey, I like the news and it was a good day. That's what he says. Yeah, yeah, today it was a good day. To day it was a yeah.
Speaker 16: This is a career poster up uh in in place of the fan art. We're gonna find a new place to put all the fan art.
Speaker 1: Don't kill people watch this.
Speaker 16: But in any case, ladies and gentlemen, boys, girls and mbs, that's a PSA ten. By the way, that nine to eleven poster or not. The nine to eleven news article is a PSA ten. Okay, it's not just for the record. This is a pedantry here. But they do not grade newspapers.
Speaker 1: The PSA people who grade comic books and baseball cards and all all, they don't grade newspapers. This is one of those things I know because I do collect these things. I do have some of the best ones that you can have. Because you don't have a PSA ten. Did There's no such thing. They don't grade the newspapers.
Speaker 5: You're Hitler One's like a PSA two at best. Do I have a Hitler newspaper?
Speaker 1: Yes? Do I have a nine to eleven newspaper? Yes? Is mine in celebration of what the terrorist did on nine to eleven. No, his is mine is not right. He's the comedy. I'm not the comedy.
Speaker 5: I mentioned whether or not as Hitler newspaper was a celebration. My Well, what do you say here? This is the lot I have this newspaper. In fact, hold on, I think I even very quickly, very very very quickly, hang on.
Speaker 1: Sea Lant. I'll text it to you so I can pull it up over here. The weirdest setup that we have. But I actually have this in my office, not displayed in a way. I think that should get me canceled. You folks can decide. I happen to think that this is totally normal for somebody like me. You can see on the right side of me that barrow and girl. That's a body in Clyde Columbus Dispatch News. That's not only in Bonnie and Clyde. It is a PSA four. It's not PSA they don't do that and then US attacked hijack jets destroy the twin tower. That's the real one. And if we were rating a mine's probably a better quality than the other dudes, right, but they don't rate them. Yeah, unbe believable. Hassan was already canceled for the shot collar and his dog thing. Yeah, lame to shock your dog. It's quite a lame thing. Still streams of thirty thousand people. There's a lot of kids who like the Kami stuff on Twitch. I mean, I wouldn't take much away from the hot right now. Really cool, but don't cancel me for these things. I don't have them as celebration. This is just a room where the ladies can get super excited every time they go in there and see my newspapers. The ladies are no, no, no quick break back in just a moment with the hot sheet. We'll get to that, and we've got much more in the second half of the show on the way. It's all coming up next on the news Chunky. Right now, it's time, everybody, let's do the hot sheets news news, but.
Speaker 3: Not like.
Speaker 14: That.
Speaker 1: About to get a reporting on the planet Bok top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on the Hotsheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the hot sheet brought to you that mortgage guy Don the top five stories of the nonsense News, And we start off on a sad note, unfortunately, and one of the kind of more awkward headlines I've keep looking at all day. This young actress has passed away in a tragic car accident in Maryland. Oh no, she's from Godzilla Verse Kong, and her name is Kaylee Hoddle httli. But every time I look at it, it's like you just glance at it and looks like Kaylee hatty, which.
Speaker 1: Is because she's passed away. Damn, you're right, I'm looking at it. Literally looks like it says Kaylee haughty. When so she was so young, this girl damn eighteen years old.
Speaker 5: A deaf actress best known for playing Gia in two Godzilla films. She was killed in a car accident early Tuesday morning in Maryland. Her father, Joshua Hoddle, shared the tragic news in a nearly twenty three minute long live stream, which I will not play for two reasons, one because he doesn't speak in it. His daughter was deaf, so he did the entire livestream and American sign language, which means you can only hear him crying. It's just heartbreaking video to watch. He learned Kaylee was involved in a serious car accident. Officials called him shortly after this initial shock to inform her heart had stopped on the way to the hospital. She played Gia in Godzillaverse Kong in twenty twenty one, a teenager who communicates with King Kong via sign language and lives on Skull Island with doctor Eileen Andrews. She reprised the role in twenty twenty four Godzilla x Kong The New Empire. Bad news for Apple Music subscribers, But I mean this is pretty much going around everywhere he has subscribed to streaming music. Apple Music is increasing its subscription prices with immediate effect due to rising licensing costs. Can't absorb those the plan changes. It looks like individual plan is changing from the previous cost of ten ninety nine to eleven ninety nine. It's going up a dollar in each plan, except the family plan is going up a whole three dollars a month. But they did confirm that they're implementing new features to let users know if the music they were listening to was made using AI. Before the changes, the label or distributor. A distributor mind, you needed to manually choose if it wanted to flag when AI had been used. However, it's now required when uploading new content to the streaming services.
Speaker 1: Don't you get the feelings sea line that that's just how this is going to go? Like everything we subscribe to is now just gonna go up up up up up up up up up up up until they just bleed us dry on all the netflixes and.
Speaker 5: Then you just go back to Cable Apple. Yeah, Cable even still exists.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 5: Looks like Ryan Reynolds will be putting the Deadpool suit on once again. The actor confirmed during a recent appearance at Fanatics Fest twenty twenty six another Deadpool movie is coming, following the box off success of twenty twenty four is Deadpool and Wolverine. Not much more details were given whether the film would be another solo Deadpool installment or more of it on some Bible film. However, Reynolds previously stated he did not see another solo Deadpool in his future. He said, a fourth time feels a little iterative and redundant, but there's still like room for Deadpool with the you know, other arcs, other characters in the mix. Deadpool and Wolverine was the top grossing rated movie of all time, collecting over one point three billion dollars globally. Another band is in talks to start a residency at the Sphere in Las Vegas, this time coming from the Great North. That would be Canadian rockers Rush. They might be headed to the Sphere. The Sphere like Rush. People love Rush. They've been on tour with the new Drummer. There's been a lot of great reviews coming from coming from their shows. With hits like Linlight, Tom Sawyer and The Spirit of Radio. They scored not only number one after number one hit, but sold out over fifty or sold over fifty million albums. And now they could be headed for the Sphere. Meanwhile, the Sphere itself, they're planning for their next phase of existence, which is longevity. The plan is to move, like to map out a moving roster of acts who can come in and out for the next five or so years. So they're just trying to build up sort of a like a kind of a team where they're like, all right, we'll give some time to Rush, We'll give some time to Metallica, maybe the Backstreet Boise will continue doing this thing, and uh, but it's been wildly successful. Like a lot of these residencies at the Sphere have been selling out. The tickets are oftentimes top dollar, but people, yeah, people are making like a like a trip. They're making it a vacation because it's a destination concert to go see a band, their favorite band at this like one of a kind venue.
Speaker 1: You're saying, yeah, No, I'm saying it's done so much better than I thought. Like I thought that that was going to be a big giant flop, but it actually has done pretty well.
Speaker 5: It's pretty cool. A lot of the footage that I've seen come out of it. I would like to see the show there, I don't. They say, like you can, you know, try to get some tickets for the like lower amount, but they're way up high. But I'm like, I don't know if you want to be front row at a Sphere concert. And I've tried to like ask people about this who have gone, but like, you never want to be front row at like the Imax theater, right, You want to be at a good distance from the screen so you could see everything, so you would think at your normal concert, the top dollar ticket would be one that puts you closest to the band. But I I would think at the sphere, you would want to be like, all right, well, I want to see all these visuals, all this cool stuff they're doing with the screens. I might want to be sort of in the center of all things, like you know, but farther from the band, so I could see everything go down And hard to believe it has been a year, but do you remember what happened one year ago today? What we found out we lost a very popular musician.
Speaker 1: Let's go this one right here, oh Ozzy Osbo. Who has been one year since Ozzy Osbourne passed away, and Sharon Osbourne is sharing how fans can honor him on the first anniversary of his death.
Speaker 5: She said, as Alsie would say, when you want to remember me, just yank up the music really loud. I've never heard of yanking up the music. I would crank up my music.
Speaker 1: May get up and rip the knock. Yank up that music.
Speaker 5: Really loud as loud as you can get it, and just headbang, Sharon said in an interview with the BBC, which marks today one year since the rock legend died. Hey that the mortgage Guy Don is the sponsor of the hot sheet, and he wants to let you know that the number one mistake people make when getting a mortgage quote is not comparing it at all, just taking it, signing the paperwork. Don't do that. Go to the website that mortgage guy. Don't take a picture of your quote. You could do it on your phone. It's that easy. And he'll tell you if you're leaving money on the table. Hit him up today at that Mortgage Guy don dot com.
Speaker 1: Quick Break when we come back, an update on a story we've been following over the last couple of days. Here you got to hear this plus a legendary actor in some trouble. Why it's coming up next on the news Chunkie one of the big headlines today. It's kind of crazy, actually, they said there was some sort of error or a mistake they called it, that led to six thousand, six hundred non citizens being registered to vote in New Jersey. So in New Jersey, I ever, huh. They had, like you know the little system that you have when you go to the DMV and it asked you questions on a screen and then you get your license afterwards. Been a long time, but I can imagine one of those machines you go up to little Kiosk and it says, you know, are you a citizen or are you not? Are you getting a driver's license? And what are you doing? And they said that there was an error and that ended up with six six hundred non citizens who registered to vote. Yes, this is going to give a lot of fodder to the cheating people, for sure. This says about six thousand, six hundred people who indicated they were non citizens while obtaining New Jersey drivers' licenses and other state ideas were improperly registered to vote in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, according to the governor. They said, the Democratic governor took office this year, blamed a Motor Vehicle Commission System software error, but said preliminary analysis showed that fewer than four hundred of those who registered that way went on to cast ballots. Well, hang on, isn't the story actually that four hundred people who shouldn't have been able to vote voted? That's that still seems kind of bad, like you shouldn't be able to do that.
Speaker 5: I think maybe when you approach it with the number of people who were issued not voting licenses, but what voter registrations, and then you compare that to the number that voted.
Speaker 1: It makes them look better.
Speaker 5: They're like, see, it's not as bad because it could have been six thousand people.
Speaker 1: And then I wonder, is there just a little screen that asks people are you a citizen and a non citizen? What if they just put I'm a citizen. Do they have to show anything or does that automatically just make them registered to vote as a citizen. That doesn't seem great. You think that part would be in the system already and not be a yes or no question. I would have thought this was too But the revelation comes as the president of o. The Republicans continue to assert that voting by non citizens is rampant inter elections, even though it's rare, and when cock can be punished as a felony that can lead to deportations. One of the funny stories was, if you haven't heard this, there was a woman that was, oh, no, I'm in trouble. I just noticed something happening. All right. There's a woman that was in California and wanted to prove that the vot voting system was screwy, So Celian check this out because I don't want to screw it up. She registered her dog to vote and then got caught because she voted as her dog, and it was a Republican I think we did right, Like she was trying to prove a point, and she did this to prove the point, and then they arrested her.
Speaker 5: There's proving a point, like registering your dog to vote would be proving a point. Yeah, voting as your dog, that's a dangerous way to prove a point, because that is what a felony is it.
Speaker 1: I would rather dogs vote than some people legitimately do vote. Honest to God, I would, But if you're going to do this, I feel like this is equivalent to pointing out to a tech company that there's a bug in your code. And she tried to do that, but then she did cast the vote as her dog, and I think she got arrested.
Speaker 5: As I recall, there's pointing out to a tech company that there's a bug in your code, and then by going here's the bug in your code, and here's how I found it, or there's here's a bug in your code and uh, here is a download of all of your customer's credit card numbers for the world to just peruse.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had to prove to them though, Costa Mesa resident.
Speaker 5: A lot of times when that happens, I think they go like, hey, I'm going to tell you about this, and if you don't do anything about it, I'm going to tell other people about this.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: It just kind of forces their hand to fix the bug. Florida Scratcher on YouTube says Celen that's just the four hundred that have been caught Slash confirmed. Well, can't they just put all six thousand and do like a machine and see if those people voted. I assume that's what they did. I assume that's how they found out there was four hundred, right, You would think that's so that's I would think that they would be able to check to see if those people voted.
Speaker 5: Or now you're talking about Coasta Mesa resident. Laura Lee Yorex, sixty three years old, bragged on social media about registering her dog to vote and subsequently cast ballots in the animal's name. She pled guilty to a miss demeanor. I was wrong, or maybe they put it down. It could have been because they reduced that's part of her, yeah, part of her agreement to plead guilty. Prosecutors will dismiss four felonyccounts of perjury, procurement or false or forged document to be filed, and two counts of not being entitled to vote in an election.
Speaker 1: So this is just one of those things that looks real bad when you go, oh, just a little bit of an issue we had here. No nobody, uh take this too seriously. Six six hundred non citizens registered to vote after an error in New Jersey motor vehicle system. Governor says, I don't like the system should not be set up in such a way that there could be an error that would allow any of this to happen to begin with. But maybe that's Monday morning quarterbacking. That's what an error is. I mean, I think all of this should be But then then I would go, well, everybody should just have to show their ID to be able to vote, which makes perfect sense to me. But then if you can just get an ID like everybody else, even if you're not a citizen, then you could show that ID. I mean, I mean that they're calling it an error. Was it a bug?
Speaker 5: Was it a was it a like something they didn't think about when they designed the system and it was just poor, poor planning on their part. Or was it like just a mistake that somebody made, like they didn't across the tee or dot and I somewhere and that allowed six thousand people to get voter registrations.
Speaker 1: Good question. The governor of the state of New Jersey, Mickey Cheryl, says, this last week I learned that the serious software in New Jersey's motor vehicle system led to the registration of roughly six thousand, six hundred people who indicated they were not US citizens between June twenty twenty three and June twenty twenty four, almost three years prior to my taking office. She's little distance set of herself there. These individuals answered no when they were asked on a keypad whether they were a US citizen when applying for driver's licenses and identification cards, but through no fault of their own, the system registered them anyway. This happened under the previous administration. This again. Upon learning of this information, I ordered my chief can with the wants of investigation as to what happened. Our preliminary analysis shows fewer than four hundred individuals who are newly registered for the first time because of the error voted. They were registered as Democrats, Republicans, unaffiliated voters, and were scattered across the state. They don't give a breakdown of what the four hundred people who actually voted were, but they said some of each category. I wander toscore. How seriously I take this matter As a military veteran who swore an oathe that defend our constitution, and as a former federal prosecutor, I believe the integrity of our elections is fundamentally to our democracy New Jersey and should have confidence that every eligible citizen can vote, every lawful vote will be counted, and every reasonable step will be taken to protect the integrity of our elections. That's my responsibility since the governor of New Jersey, and one I will never stop fighting to uphold.
Speaker 5: There was a very close juxtaposition of this happened before I was here, and this is my responsibility.
Speaker 1: M hm yeah, yeah, yeah, I think, like I don't know, this should be something that they check eight billion times before they put it out into the field and end up registering people to vote who shouldn't vote. I don't think it's a radical stance to say that we should make sure people are legit voters and that the most important thing in the world is that people think elections are fair. And that's been a big problem out there that people have stirred that stuff up and there's been people who don't think that the elections are fair. I mean, I always think, like, I don't care what your politics are so much. If you want to go out there and try to get a lot of people to agree with you and get some elected officials in office that agree with you, and then push through whatever change you think is going to be the popular thing, that's fine. But everything needs to be fair, everything needs to be legit, and people need to trust that that's the case. Otherwise we're completely falling apart. That's a bad thing when that happens. Obviously, all right, there you go. That's the governor of New Jersey and her thoughts on that. Give us yours. Now, what do you think about this? Do you think has happened more often? Do you think this was actually an error? Us?
Speaker 17: Know?
Speaker 1: Send your dispatch at the neewsjunkie dot com right now. Okay, let's see I have an update on a story that we were talking about. Was this, When did we talk about the lady in Memphis who shot the guy who was under her teenage daughter's bed. Was that yesterday the new I thought it was Monday, might have been Monday on the show we discussed this, and I guess there's some updates about this. The mother. Her bond has been set at one hundred thousand dollars. But I was told that there's some new information about the guy who the mom killed that could change everything. Here, let's see what we got here we go.
Speaker 18: That's in the case of a mephis mother accused of shooting and killing a man she says she found hiding under her daughter's bed in courth This morning, Kendra Scott, who is charged with first agree murder, had her bond set at one hundred thousand dollars and was also ordered not to have contact with the victims family.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 18: Memphis police say when they initially arrived to the scene last week, the victim, Rohderius Morton, was found dead near the Holmes Port after he had been shot in the back of the head.
Speaker 1: If you're new to this, you didn't hear this on the show before this guy was twenty years old, see I believe right, Yes, he's twenty and he's twenty years old was righted over by the thirteen year old girl who lived at this house. And this girl said, come on over, sneak in the back door. The twenty year old comes over at like two am. Basically mom had said in the past, if I find anybody in your room, I'm gonna kill him, and they knew that the mom had a gun. The mom starts banging on the door. She goes, who's in your room? What's going on in there? Who are you talking to? And the thirteen year old opens up the door. Mom finds the twenty year old man underneath the bed and gets into it with him. He leaves, he's on the front porch and she shoots him in the back of the head, right, and a lot of people were like, well, he's twenty, she's thirteen. Good riddance. But this is around five out. There's a lot of that. But Harbery g.
Speaker 18: Sha Arthur is live tonight after speaking with a former teacher of Morton's and what she wants people to know about him, shay.
Speaker 3: Hey seventy ys.
Speaker 13: She says, this case could have been handled so many other ways, not ending with a twenty year old man being killed. Perkins says she's the former middle school teacher of her Darius Morton, who if this police they was shot and killed early last Thursday morning in the Walker Homes neighborhood.
Speaker 4: She said Morton had learning disabilities, he.
Speaker 7: Was special needs, and I was his special needs teacher.
Speaker 11: She described him as soft spoken and respectful. Shocked by his death.
Speaker 7: Unbelievable, very very hurt because the young man that I knew that most people don't know.
Speaker 1: Based off of this story.
Speaker 3: They don't know him personally like I did.
Speaker 4: In court paperwork.
Speaker 11: An underage girl told police Morton came to her house early Thursday morning through a back door. Her mother, Kendraw Scott, then showed up banging on the door yelling who was at my house? Scott says she went inside and found Morton hiding under the girl's bed. Least say as Morton was leaving the home unarmed, he was shot somewhere near the front porch.
Speaker 1: All right, So the twist on this is a former teacher, this twenty year old is saying that he was special needs and that he had some sort of learning difficulties. We don't know what that means. Special Needs could be a big net that casts, you know, pretty wide. But the idea is supposed to be that maybe he was less aware of it being wrong to sneak into a thirteen year old girl's room.
Speaker 5: I think maybe yes, But if you were a parent put in that situation, you know, like when we first talked about this, I brought up the guy in I think the Daytona area that found an adult man in the bed with his fourteen year old son, twelve year old son something like that beat that beat him senseless. Do you think that you care whether or not the guy special needs? Do you think you're going to stop and ask now if he special needs? You think are gonna give him a cognitive test?
Speaker 1: No? No, I might blame his family a little bit more for not having a tighter leash on him.
Speaker 5: I'm but then it gosy you're gonna put on special needs kids? He's twenty. I'm trying to I'm searching for beat man in bed with son. But oh, I think is this a uh it's a risky risky click.
Speaker 1: Uh. No, there was there was a photo that Seeland's talking about where the dad walked in on this happening and beat the hell out of the person who was in bed with his son. Uh, he got charged with murder, is that right? But I think he ended up getting he ended up getting off in that case. I don't see the video, but my god, the video that I saw, this guy had looked.
Speaker 5: For the case of Raymond f R F R O L A N d E R Rolander.
Speaker 1: Go, I got hey, let me bring this up. Those of you watch you go around YouTube will see this. Everybody else can search for his name. This is the sexual assailant and oh no, sorry, yeah, this is him after the father was done with him. And it looks like somebody smashed a potato on the counter one hundred and fifty times as like.
Speaker 5: A eighteen year old Raymond Frolander is the person in the picture. And the Daytona Beach father returned home and discovered that man sexually abusing his eleven year old son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so people usually look at this and they don't have a lot of room for feeling bad for the people who are attacked or this twenty year old who was killed. Hey, why was he under a thirteen year old's bed? But they've introduced the new information from his former teacher that says he was special needs learning disabled. Do not know exactly what those things mean. There's a huge difference between somebody who is so severely autistic that they don't understand age differences in dating and should they be over somebody's house, which would be obviously a very different story. And then maybe somebody who's like dyslexic or something and they have like some special needs in the learning system. But that's the new twist in this. Let us know if that changes your mind in any way, send a dispatch over at the Newsjunkie dot com right now. They have been uh, don't don't do too much more of this, please. They've been meming me by taking my my newspaper on my wall that I'm pointing to in the photograph that I showed, and they are replacing it with things that are much more offensive and much different. And well, let's see one. No, I don't know. I don't want that to be a thing in the dispatches. No, they posted it as a peak I think on chat out thenewsjunkie dot com. Hang on, oh god, uh okay, okay, this one's fine. This one's fine, this is just me with DJ Rage. He put himself in the newspaper instead of that. That's okay, DJ Rage, But don't make this a meme where it's like me and I'm reacting. They did this with Trump, They've done this with a lot of people. When you hold up like a white sign or something, then you're reacting to it. Then they'll put really nefarious stuff on the sign. This is not an opportunity to do that. I do not photoshop my nine to eleven newspaper into other more offensive things. Thank you, good night. There we go, Well, not good night yet, we have more of the show to get too. Good night. I want to talk about this celebrity. I'll just tell you his name before we come back and tell you why he's in trouble, Sylvester Stallone. And it's not for this stupid idea of a movie that they released which is not Rocky, but it's a movie about the guy who's like playing Rocky and I don't know. I will talk about this, but he's in some trouble. He got some heat on him, and I'll explain why. We got another pick aside on the way and a whole bunch more is coming up next in the news Junkie Big Support. Go to the news Junkie dot com, send a dispatch yourself or an email. We'll get to those in a moment. Sylvester Salon's in a huge trouble. It's worse than having a well a nine to eleven newspaper for sure. And they continue to meme me out on that and post the me with different newspapers. Which is it. I hate to admit it, but it's a good meme. It is a good meme. I just have to be honest about it. But Sylvester Salone is in trouble because he's following some account on Instagram and it says a Hollywood legend. Sylvester Sloane under fire after fans noticed he follows a racist black fatigue account on Instagram. To be fair, it's black Fatigue two point zero. So I don't know if that's like better than Black Fatigue one point zero or what. But he's following Black Fatigue underscore two point zero. Good advertisement for them, and he's only following Twitter ninety seven. People question if you follow somebody, can they change their information? Like could I call myself the you know, the dollar store gooner and change my username from at the news junkie, and yes, then everybody's following I could do that, and then then you're following the dollar store gooner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I recently saw like a post from somebody I know that was looking to buy some Twitter accounts that had just been dormant for a while. They just needed accounts. They were trying to do some seo kind of stuff, and for whatever reason, they wanted accounts that had been like made years ago so that they it looks less suss when they start trying to do whatever they're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So that that could have been one thing. But I'm just kind of throwing up excuses here. Maybe that wasn't it at all. Maybe he's just following this. These are the kind of things that get thrust into your algorithm. Let me tell you something. Social media can make you hate people. Make you hate people because of a million different things. They'll start shoving stuff down your throat. I talked about the time where I think I was watching some like women fight videos or something, and like on my feet, I saw a video these ladies fighting, They're brawling it on I'm like, Jesus, this is a mess, what's going on here? But I watched it till the end, and then the social media algorithm's like, here's another one. Here's some more women fighting, and then another one, and then they just give you eight million of them. Never subscribe to it, but official slies to loone did. If he's running that account over there and he's got nineteen point three million followers, and now people are saying, why are you following something called black fatigue? Unbelievable, Slye Rocky Balboa, what is going on over there? We'll see if he has a response to this, or if people just go on to the next thing, which is very very possible. And now I'll explain why I said dollar store gooner. It's actually more specific than that. It is this, but this is the actual story. They said, there's an investigation that is uncovered a disturbing dollar tree gooner trend. Now I'm going to once again go out on a limb and say that there's not actually a social media trend going on for this. They do this in the news all the time, and there's not really a trend. It's much more so that there's just some weirdos that do it. I explained what gooners were yesterday, but just in case you missed that, this is somebody who maybe gratifies themselves to something, and in this case, it's the dollar Tree gooner. And it says investigation uncovers disturbing dollar tree gooner trend in which men film themselves sexually assaulting women. Do not go to the Dollar Tree, ladies. It sounds like a bad idea. A new investigative report details allegations that men across the United States have been pleasuring themselves in front of women at various Dollar Tree locations. The disturbing trend, which has been referred to as the dollar Tree gooner, is the focus of a lengthy piece at The Guardian. There's no way that there's people like, Oh, this guy did it. I'm gonna go out and do it too. In one instance discovered by The Guardian, a woman reported she was shopping at a Dollar Tree in Texas when a man completed the action on her. What she later told store employees about the incident, she overheard somebody say in Spanish, we got another one. The woman later learned of similar incidents at other Dollar Tree locations the dollar tree gooners are attacking out there. Another notable example happened in twenty twenty four. A case went viral with Fox twenty nine. They said, and they linked to this. Let me see, this is the original story. This is a guy who was doing this at some other places. It's a dollar tree. I think it just happens to be dollar trees. I don't think it's like there's a strict set of rules. Maybe the gooner sees a dollar general and he's like, no, no, no, no, can't do it. A five in below like no, no, come on, we abide by the rules. Do we arrive bye by the rules of the dollar tree gooner law, and that's all that we do. This one particular guy got arrested. I'm looking at the story about him, so it's happened at least in that case. But they're suggesting that this is some sort of trend online for dollar tree gooners. Folks, Please don't do that. Please, for the sake of God, do not do that. Let's go over to you. Let's see what you got going on. Here's an email coming in from Ed. Ed emails the show to tips at Thenewsyunkie dot com ed says we need to get one thing understood about the kid who was shot by the mother for being under her teenage daughter's bed. Yes, you have all the right in the world to get angry if you catch somebody in your child's bedroom. Yes you have the right to cuss him out. But if he or she is not being violent, call the police, let the law handle him or her. From what I'm getting she shot him on the porch, so apparently he was leaving. I got news for that lady. If she's listening, she's going to be found guilty of murder and will be sentenced to life. Maybe, maybe I'll be real with you though, there are a lot of jurors who are sympathetic to stuff like this. She might get the minimum sentence. I don't know about life.
Speaker 5: I don't know about I don't know what the minimum sentence is for first degree murder, but that's what she's been charged with.
Speaker 1: Could be There's also been cases where people have killed folks in similar circumstances who were trying to sexually assault or attack kids or things like that, and the jurys will kind of yawn it off and they'll say, wha. You know, we don't really care that much about this person, so you never know what's going to happen with a jury, what they're gonna be sympathetic to. So that that is that definitely, there's a lot of possibilities on this. JJ says, I just did this with my AI. My AI was cutting me off and I complained about it. The next time I logged in, he was gone. He quit because I complained. Your AI quit on you? Wow. Wow. If my AI is not quitting on me and yours is, I'm absolutely abusive to me because I think it deserves it from time to time, but people get upset. Here's some of what's going on over there, so you know, I hate that it's such a good meme format. This is me, uh and I have a big Montana. It appears in my hand from Arby's. Congratulations that you're finally able to lift that they've redone the headline from the nine to eleven paper and it says small hand radio DJ finally able to lift big Montana sandwich from arc P's, which I again hate that these are so good. Here's another one of spider cursed. Radio host gives curse to fans via magnet. True, absolutely true, and thank you, I think for setting those over. More of you are just participating in the rate my blank with your collections of the news junkie magnets and those those are actually great, like this one from took my Chevy to the levee. Thank you for your dispatch, f and appreciate that hidden penis there. That's a pickle. What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's a pickle that's below two secret shows magnets. I think that seems like it was done on purpose. I think you might be right about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know intentional when I see it after Selynn tells me about it. One more here, here's an audio dispatch for you. This is laying down the law talking about the voting.
Speaker 14: Hey, Shan, I read that story about the four hundred less than four hundred voters, the six thousand that were registered. Nobody actively registered. It was an error in the system that registered them. The government, in other words, registered these six thousand some odd people through a glitch. So the only rond wrong doing was the people who decided to go ahead and vote when they knew they shouldn't. And I don't know how they know this because your vote's supposed to be secret, but maybe if you're doing something like you're legal voting. They said it was spread across the board. Republicans, Democrats, and independents were among the four hundred roughly people that voted that should not.
Speaker 1: Have Yeah, I didn't say any breakdown of the numbers, but they said like people of Republican, Democrat, and independent. They didn't say like are they all of most of them from this or this? They didn't say that.
Speaker 5: The vote, yeah, it is supposed to be secret, but the whether or not you voted, I believe, is not a secret. I think that's I don't know if it's a public record, but it's something that they have, Like they have a record of everybody who came and voted, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah, Like you could see people's voting history, but you can't see whom they voted for. So you can see participation, I believe, but you can't see whom they voted for. So they're looking at participation and they're looking at what party they're registered as. Here's Big Bird with a video dispatch.
Speaker 6: Okay about the New Jersey voter thing. Okay, I guess they fixed the four hundred, right, But what they did do with the six thousand or so left over? Did they take away their voting privileges or my hopes in their license or anything? You mentioned it?
Speaker 1: I missed it.
Speaker 6: But that's just jumped out of me real quick. By the way, it's beautiful, big Bird.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, big Budy. You have a cyber truck, big Bird? Is that what the buck he does? Doesn't he? Wait? Yeah, that's a cyber truck. Yeah. Yeah, he's got a black cyber truck. Not bad. Yeah, I think that's a custom job.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think you could just get a black cyber truck. No, No, you gotta you gotta get it like wrapped or something. I think, because what they would do. Thank you for the video dispatch. I'm imagining I could be wrong about this. I'm imagining that they've unregistered all the people who they realized should not have been registered, and then they were just checking how many of them actively participate in the elections. The killer thing would be if they could find that one of those elections that X number of people who were not supposed to vote in was decided by that many voters, and thus this glitch in the system led to somebody being elected who shouldn't have or something that would be the real kicker. But I don't know if they've said anything about that just yet. All Right, we got to take a break, running a little bit behind. When we come back, I have another pick aside for you. Somebody had sent this over. People are sending a lot of these in and some of them are good, actually, believe it or not. Now we'll get to jury duty because that is coming up next on the news junkie. I knew this is what they were gonna end up doing. This was the fear and the just overall realization of how well that's a good one. This memory was gonna goad. I think they read in that one. I think they might have read in that one.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 5: Those cans are really making your face red. You're blushing.
Speaker 1: It's I hate that. It's such a great meme format. I took a photo showcasing that I do indeed have a nine to eleven New York Times newspaper, which I don't have as a celebration. Don't try to cancel me for having a nine to eleven newspaper, for God's sake, Wait, I have worse than this if you think that's bad, you know, jay Jasue Charlie, Right, I've got I got worse that some people actually get mad at. Whoa yeah, Jaysue Charlie, I got worse. You want to get triggered by newspapers, I've got worse out there. But this one was one that I have in my office. I have all these newspapers, nerdy thing, I know, And then I took a picture next to it, and I was going to utilize that for the thumbnail on the YouTube stream for things today. And then now they've just been taking my newspaper out and putting all sorts of inappropriate stuff in there, like I didn't really take that picture and my face is not really that red. Just for the record, okay, I'm going to put that out there. Thank you anyways for the photo dispatch. Let's see here, it's time to do it, so let's do jury duty.
Speaker 15: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to win your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the news Junkie. Sury duty brought to you by the one the only mod wit of the DeWit law firm injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, Call MO eight hundred, call MO or go to Just call MOO dot com after an accident. Reach out to the attorney's going to get you on the path of that big check that you deserve. Trust me, you do. You deserve it. And I want to know in your experiences how things are going when you reach out to MO, because I hear feedback that's so good. People are like, man, you were right about him. He really took care of me in my case. And look look look at the check we got for this. Uh and you know all of this is because you're going to the right place. So thank you for that. Appreciate that very very much. Most said, there was somebody that reached out the other day. Sea Len, I don't know if I told you this. I don't think I told you this. I don't think so. I don't know. If don't say I'm following Black Fatigue too on Instagram, I am not. That's Sylvester Stallone. I'm not following Black Fatigue on Instagram. Am I Let's just make sure get that check. I don't follow I follow a bunch of accounts because they followed me and it automatically followed these people. No, I'm following six hundred and forty eight people. I'm not following black fatigue. Just to be clear. Oh no, I didn't unfollow it since it says no results found. Show show the people just so they can see. I'm not following anything black, which sounds bad, yea, what it actually sounds bad in another way. I search for the word black, the black fatigue thing. I'm not following any any fatigue related accounts like Sylvester Saloon anyhow.
Speaker 5: You need to follow some blacks, man, open up your open up your world.
Speaker 1: It's just things with the title with black and the title that I'm not following them on Instagram. Who knows what I'm following elsewhere? But uh, nothing white. Okay, there's one person with the last name that has white in it. All right, there's nothing, there's nothing weird about it. Let's see you do this with yours and search for XO or something. Yeah yeah, yeah, search for somebody, search for sex or XO. You see what's coming up on yours over there. But let me tell you the story real quick. Because Moe reached out to me. I don't know if he'll be able to show us. You know, there's a client stuff and whatnot, but he was approached by somebody who got into an accident, unfortunately, And in the footage of the accident, you could hear that they're listening to the news junkie, they're listening to the show. They're listening to us, says the accident happens. Of course, it wasn't our fault. This was not our fault in the slightest. But they're listening to the show and then they get into an accident, and you know, hopefully all works out well. From looks like it could be.
Speaker 5: Really unfortunate if it was somehow our fault, like we played something too loud or they.
Speaker 1: Got freaked out. Yeah, people are freaked out. Corney said, you had to turn off the show yesterday, and I said, what about? She said, the story about the woman on the cruise trip who fell on her crotch and injured herself was just too much for her. She said, it's bad. The guys are so sensitive. They think that the stuff between their legs is just so more sensitive and women couldn't possibly be hurt by getting hit in the crotch. And you're right, I didn't I didn't know it was quite that bad. I just typed in black on my Instagram. Five people, shut up? Who who? I mean? They're all white people. But because there's not a lot of black people named black, that's what they're searching for. The I if I search for somebody by name who is also just happy to be black, that would come up. Also typed in white, five people, So it's very white. Nothing wrong with that, Sea Lane. Has you centered that video for me? Right? I did? This is the best video that has been sent to the tips inbox probably all week. You guys are getting the hang of this pick a side thing, and this is maybe one of the better ones. Yet. I'm very interested to see where everybody ends up on this. We'll see where. I think we'll have to take a quick break first, but we do, okay, because I wonder to I'll just do that. I'll just do I'll do it. I'll do it. It's a quick break, quick break. When we come back, I'll get into the story that I was going to do in Jerry Duty, but not before we do the pick a side that Seilan has centered. And now it says red, go to break, go to break in red, there's an emergency in here. I need to go to break everybody. The pick a side you do not want to miss out on, though you do not want to miss out on that's coming up next on the news, Junkie Ceel, This thing's ready to go, ready for prime time? Yeah, I'm ready for Power Hour, all ready for the Power Hour. Well, you know you might as well just kick that.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm the president of the association.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't know it would auto play what I pulled this up? All right? That is ready to go. Yeah, you're gonna you're gonna see what that heated action is all about here in just a moment. But first let's kick things off officially. Let's do the Power Hour. They said it done. Then they said, oh did Dylan Rufe have anxiety? Oh no, Oh, I feel so terrible for him. How could this happen to such a sweet, sweet boy, such an incredible racist. It's time for the Power Hour on the news, Chunky. True, Yeah that was sarcastic. I mean, like I meant, as in, he's not a good guys, it's not really great, and you get it. You understand how it goes. Okay, let's see here the pick aside that see Lane sent over. I want to bring this up because I think this is going to twist people around in the wind a little bit, and that's sort of the idea. This pick aside is a Florida HOA president allegedly who shows up in somebody's front door. She's very, very angry. She's very angry. Let's jump right in. I know immediately you think you're gonna side with the homeowner over the HOA person. Waits all right with whole judgment until we learn more. Here we go. Here's the HOA president at the front door of this house.
Speaker 19: You I'm the president of the association. So before you start yelling, you fucking have a leak that's leaking to the bottom. We have a flood going on, and by law, we need the key or the code do the lock. So neither you open the door, get someone here to open the door, or we're gonna knock it down and you're gonna have to pay for it.
Speaker 1: A lot of aggression coming out here, A lot of aggression coming out here.
Speaker 5: I'm curious as to what doorbell is ring. It says ring clearly right there, but I haven't seen Unless this is a really old one a ring that was like so round and fish eyed lens.
Speaker 1: That's what it is, thank you, fish eyed. It's like a fish eyed lens. This woman's up there with her face right in the center of the doorbell. And this is a real video, okay. And in this video, this woman is just screaming about you gotta let me in the house. And I guess the homeowner was being dismissive and didn't want to let her in. She says, you have to let me in, you have to let you and there's some sort of leak or something.
Speaker 4: Don't threaten me with a good time.
Speaker 1: She ring the doorbell again. Property.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we're just here for the fun the fact that there's water leaking everywhere and you've just flooded another unit.
Speaker 1: So we were not getting any of the side of the homeowner in this obviously, right, we're only getting the homewerd association lady and she's standing with somebody else out on this front porch. But judging by what she said, it seems like she told the homeowner, hey, we got a problem in The homeowner was like, get off my property, and now she's exploding about this. Anonymous is hoa person is agro, but I'm betting the homeowner is on the hook in case of flood or emergency. She goes inside the house momentarily. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 19: It's like a keylock that we can't it's going into the other unit.
Speaker 4: Something's going on in this unit.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, she's walking away, hands on her hips. Now we're inside. Now we're inside the unit in question. So the HOA president got inside somehow and is filming inside the house.
Speaker 4: First of all, who gave approval for this?
Speaker 6: So that's okay, that's gonna gets.
Speaker 1: What is this janky staircase? Yeah, that's what she's taking issue with. Apparently he built some sort of loft that wasn't there before. And it looks like the staircase doesn't look like it would be that bad if not for the railing on. It looks completely like thrown together and not finished. It looks like a child made it. Folks, I'll have to put this up on see it now for you afterwards. But this is there's a staircase that the first thing you should know, it doesn't go up like a regular staircase does. It goes almost straight up. It's almost like a ladder. For God's sake. I've been on a staircase before, the kind of like, okay, they didn't have a lot of room for this staircase. And it was when I lived downtown. My neighbor across the street.
Speaker 5: He had roof access. It was actually a pretty nice setup. But to get up to the roof the staircase to get up there only had enough for one foot at a time, like so you couldn't decide which foot you were using, like if you were a left first or a.
Speaker 1: Right foot first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was such like a narrow staircase and only enough room to fit in this thing that you had to do, like this one was the right and this one was a left because it only had that to use to get up the stairs. Are you following Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, very weird. You're one thing's for sure. You're not allowed to do whatever this is?
Speaker 1: Right? No, I have other questions though. This also says ring on it does ring make indoor cameras to Okay, okay, so that could be real. I have a ring camera on my pool deck that it was just something that you could either mount somewhere or you could just put it on a tabletop. Look at this though, in the footage of this lady inside the house where she's now figuring out that they built some stuff they weren't supposed to, everything looks very bendy. It almost looks like she used a filter to like kind of thinner out or something, or why.
Speaker 5: Would she use the film? I mean, the footage came from the guy, came from the homeowner.
Speaker 1: It would have to because it's inside. That's what doesn't make sense. But either these things are actually that bent, and then this is even worse. The staircase. It might might be another fish eye or yeah, maybe it's another fish eye camera. Maybe that's what it is. All right, So here's the li.
Speaker 19: So that's okay, that's gonna be a second of all, Jessa, this document, all of this, all of this document, there's no architectural you're not allowed to build and build another loft.
Speaker 4: If that was the case, I would have made another lockt in another room in my unit.
Speaker 1: Well, the dog in the background of an hoair president. You can't make another loft in your own unit.
Speaker 4: This could come crashing down.
Speaker 1: Over the kitchen, all right? So am I to believe that something with this stuff that they did they didn't have any kind of permits for this construction that they did themselves inside their apartment must have made it start leaking water in the unit downstairs.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it had anything to do with the construction, although if he did it kind of on the slide, there's a chance that that would have affected it.
Speaker 1: It just depends.
Speaker 5: It could be that he has this leak that's caused a problem for another unit and that has exposed him to improvements that he made inside the unit that he wasn't supposed to. However, it is kind of weird, like do as an hoa. It might be different for connected units like this, but does an HOA have authority to tell you can't make additions inside your house? Like my HOA only really cares about stuff that I do outside my house. Yeah, you know, Well, you know our friend sun State John works on places like this. I think he designs houses, and sun State John says, yes, stairs are legal if they go up to loft storage not legal if a living area is up there means of egress or emergency top outside.
Speaker 1: He says. I don't know what the last part means, but he's saying if it's like a storage area you could. You could build that, but if it's a loft for people, like it's supposed to support a human's weight, then you can't build that. Somebody can build it. Well, they did build it.
Speaker 5: I just don't want to say, like somebody like there is a person who can build you a legal loft, and I would assume that stare up to that loft would But I mean you as a contractor comes in and they do the right support system and they have they build it correct into code and safely. There are people that can do it. I just like, are they saying that because of this, Like she says it's gonna come crashing down, But what does she know?
Speaker 1: She doesn't know. No, I mean like it could though, and it could be attached to this. Let me go back to the beginning for a second, because the woman was clearly saying about another place flooding you.
Speaker 4: I'm the president of the association.
Speaker 19: So before you start yelling, you fucking have a leak that's leaking to the bottom.
Speaker 4: We have a flood going.
Speaker 19: On, and by law, we need the key or the code to the lock.
Speaker 4: So either you open the.
Speaker 19: Door, get someone here to open the door. We're gonna knock it down and you're gonna have to pay for it.
Speaker 4: Don't threaten me with.
Speaker 1: A good time, right, So I think that's the problem. You know what, she came in really hot, So I don't want to side with this lady. But you can't just go building whatever you want up in your own place. And if you do that and you somehow like hit a nail into a water line and it affects your neighbors downstairs, think about this from that neighbor's perspective. I hate to back up the hoa lady, but I think she might be right.
Speaker 5: Well, she's right that they do need for connected units like this. He seems to be on top of a unit that's not his, that they need to have access to that unit if there's something like this going on, especially if this guy's.
Speaker 1: Not home, they need to be able to stop this leak. He Freshrock said she could have been nicer. We can't really hear him because they've cutting leaked on. Yeah it somebody's downstairs and there's water coming through. Like if I was downstairs, there's water coming through and there's water leaking into my apartment from upstairs, and the guy upstairs like, get off my property, get out of here right now. Well, I mean that that's a little curious. I'd be upset about that for sure. And then somebody says that video sounds like it's, uh, he's active or she's actively talking to somebody, but then inside the house is empty. I gotta tell you, this must have been a set. You could talk through the app. You can, but it must have been the homeowner's video, and the homeowner must have edited out all the parts where they were talking, or it just didn't record the part that they were talking. Oh, I thought it was just record like the whole interaction. I don't know how ring doorbells work.
Speaker 5: I would have to go back to mine and figure it out, because I feel like I have been watching and heard my wife talk through it, like we've been on the same thing.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if it.
Speaker 5: Always records, because at some point the guy said get off my property, and I didn't hear his voice. But you know, it didn't sound like it was edited.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, I guess my HOA doesn't have that because I've done many changes to my property. Well you better hope. So, buddy, who's in the right, who's in the wrong, here pick a side. What do you think?
Speaker 5: So you any you think on this one? I mean, I think the lady's kind of in the right. She needed to get inside. I don't know, I don't know what her HOA is. I don't know exactly what this loft looks like. Those sounds like two different problems, whether or not she can get in the apartment or not.
Speaker 1: I side with her now.
Speaker 5: If she's trying to come after him for building something inside, if it's to code, I think that shouldn't be the under the hoa's umbrella. If he has some skill to code inside his own house, that's not taken away from the beauty of the other units or the enjoyment of the other people's you know, property. I'm guessing since this is an HOA, they own these condos.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, but it sounds like you're saying, is what if there was a leak issue that was separate than this, and then she gets access to the house for the leak issue and discovers the other thing that she gets mad about.
Speaker 5: That might that's possibly what happened if this had nothing to do with this didn't have anything to do with the leak.
Speaker 1: So let's say they accidentally left like a bathtub on somewhere, and that's what was causing the leak. There's nothing to do with this construction. But because of that, they got access to the apartment, and when they got inside, they were like, look at all this stuff you're not supposed to have, And now they see the reason why the person didn't want to let him in to begin with. You know what I mean, Yeah, that's it. I will say the HOA lady has to investigate if somebody's apartment is getting flooded out, they have to do that. As much as I hate hos so, I think the lady is in the right in my opinion for investigating what's happening to somebody else's apartment, because I got to think about that person, what they find when they get in there afterwards, that they weren't even searching for to begin with. That's a whole different animal. But I do I would like the unedited version of this. No one like me says I agree with the lady. Weed says everybody's wrong, Just send out a plumber. I agree with the lady hold On, I already read that one. The lady is in the right, says hail Fire so you guys, judge, pick a side. Let me know what you think is the right and wrong answer in this one. As per usual. Thank you for sending that over to everybody who did. Thank you for centering at Sea Lan quick break. When we come back, we'll get into your comments, your dispatches. You've had lots of thoughts throughout the show. Come on, guys, some of this stuff is gonna get out there and people aren't gonna know it's fake. Please with a meaning of me, you guys, some people aren't gonna know these are fake. This is hilarious. It says, come join my league at Black Fatigue. I did not have anything to do with that. I'm not posting any of that. These are not real, all right, They're not real. Stop posting them. Quick Break. When we come back, I have to talk about this story that I've been wanting to get into for a little while here. Something happened at a cemetery and then an AI breakthrough in the worst kind of ways. We have many things to work in, so maybe we'll try to get in a bunch of stuff real fast in a bit of a grab bag segment, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie some interesting stories here. Let's do a grab bag style segment here, Selen as we start to wrap things up here in the last couple of segments, and this one was I thought interesting because this family is upset about something that happened at a cemetery. And I don't know if they're in the right here, honest to God. But here's the story. It says a Boyton Beach, Florida man is demanding answers from a cemetery after they removed cherish items from his parents' gravesite. A Boyt Beach couple says they are heartbroken after a cemetery clean up left precious family mementos tossed in a dumpster, and they show the dumpster with all this stuff. I'm going to take a guess before I read it the details here, I bet this cemetery, like many cemeteries, have periodic cleanings where they go through and they pick up all the crap that people are behind or.
Speaker 5: Rules on what can be left and what can be he left. I mean, that looks like a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: It's flowers, there's trinkets, there's you know, just a bunch of little things that people have left behind. Well, did you say this was bravard? This was in Boyton Beach. I thank Boyton Beach. Yeah, Boyton Beach Cemetery. Maybe we could find the cemetery. Here's the details. A Boyn Beach couple says their heartbroken broken after a cemetery clean up left precious family mementos tossed into a dumpster. Pete steer at you and his spouse made their weekly visit to the Boyton Beach Cemetery last Friday, where they pay tribute to his late parents. Instead of finding the grave side as they left it, they discovered the cherist items he had placed that we're gone. I hate to say this, Pete. I don't want to be rude. I don't want to be mean. But here's the deal. If you have your family's buried somewhere. My father and mother are buried in Vermont at a lovely little cemetery. Turns out there's no room left for anybody else. But you know there's My mother and father are buried at this small cemetery in Vermont, and they have a gravestone. My father's is incorrect, but that's fine. They have a gravestone for each of their site's beautiful, fantastic. Problem is if you go visit, you might bring buy some flowers. You might I've seen Bob Ross's grave. People go by and they put little trinkets there, and they put little you know, little things that they've made for Bob Ross. The family trees. Yeah, a little happy tree. Here you go and they'll they'll give them to him. But they they'll let you leave those behind. It doesn't mean that that stuff just stays out there forever. Just because you have a family member buried at a cemetery, that doesn't mean that forever. They just whatever little crap you want to leave behind, they just leave it out there. I'm not trying to demean it by calling it crap, but you know what I'm saying, like, if you bring little things each time, they can't allow that to just pile up. You shouldn't leave behind anything that you actually have any attachment to. Unless I'm missing something. Let's go to the story here. Let's see what WPTV has to say about this, because I guess they have a report of.
Speaker 3: A bot in Beach.
Speaker 20: Couple is heartbroken and demanding answers after a cemetery cleanup left precious family mementoes tossed in a dumpster, so like, I'll.
Speaker 1: Stop there, precious family momentous. If you're leaving behind something on the outside of your parent's funeral plot on the in the cemetery, if you're leaving stuff like stacked up things that you leave behind, don't leave behind anything that you would consider precious, because I, you know, I think that they take those things sometimes. I think everybody knows that, or at least I thought that was the case.
Speaker 5: I could understand if the parents had just died, and so far I haven't heard that that's the case. But it seemed like in the picture there was a lot of stuff. And he even says we might we might hear him say this in the in the news report, but he says, usually you could see our stuff while we're driving in there, meaning there's so much stuff at this grave site that you could see it from from the entrance to the cemetery.
Speaker 1: This is so touchy to Sea Lane because this reminds me of if there's ever an incident where somebody gets hit by a car or dies on the side of the road and they put up the memorials for them, and people bring stuffed animals and stuff, and then they're very careful about when they clean that up. Sure, and how you know they clean those things up. So I think that's what's kind of happening here. They they got caught in this and they thought, why would you throw away this stuff on our on our loved one's graves Hre.
Speaker 20: Terry and Boyton Beach is a special place for Pete Sergio and his spouse.
Speaker 21: You go every week, get fresh flowers, you clean it up.
Speaker 1: Which last man, what did I say, steer a jew sounds like some sort of driving program. Now, no, it's the geo stur Gio, that's what I says.
Speaker 21: And I got some pretty decent sized one like I painted them gold. I got two little Greek flags went on each the foot on.
Speaker 20: But it was last night on their weekly visit when they were greeted to the unexpected.
Speaker 21: Usually you can see the you know, our stuff, like you know what we're driving in there, and I was like, what the heck's going on?
Speaker 4: These chairs are here?
Speaker 1: It is above his parents, right. So they got flowers, that's fine, but they do get rid of the flowers every once in a while. Some rees, some.
Speaker 5: Candles, okay, so whatever we were seeing in that picture of the of the dumpster must have been from the whole cleanup, because this doesn't look like that much. But I don't know why there should be cherished family heirlooms or family you know, artifacts at the thing.
Speaker 1: Don't leave behind anything that you care about. Also, I guarantee you, I would almost put money on it that the cemetery probably puts out plenty of notification about this, hey, or.
Speaker 5: Just has a list of rules that when you when you agree when you buy the plot, when you pay for whatever, and you you enter into some agreement with the cemetery, they probably have a list of the dos and don'ts of what's allowed to be at the gravesite.
Speaker 1: I would think so maybe.
Speaker 20: They mentioned gravesite gone. They believe they were removed and put inside this dumpster.
Speaker 21: It was so full and looking in there, there was like people's pictures and like the religious artifacts like cross the statues.
Speaker 1: It was just shocking to see that they were just I will stop and say this. I hate to interrupt again, I'm sorry, Well, I will stop and say this. If there was photographs and stuff, and I thought they maybe from the families that were visiting these grave sites. I would probably put those away in like a lost and found thing or something before just throwing them out. Just that's what I would probably thing like that.
Speaker 20: He says there was lack of notice, now, leaving him seeking answers.
Speaker 21: I just went there to put fresh flowers and everything was gone.
Speaker 20: I reached out to the city and the facility for answers, but did get my hands on their rules which tamos are allowed at the gravesite, decorations are prohibited.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, Celia was reacting to the whole Is that two different sheets of rules? The rules? How do you even read that? All right? I might be going back onto the family side. Here there is a set of rules for this particular cemetery, and it says boytont Beach Municipal something. The rules are so there's so many of them that I can't even begin to read them. I think there might be thirty or more on the main sheet, and then there's a smaller one next to it. So there's like a massive list of rules, and then like a smaller, little junior list of rules next to it. There's twenty above this first bold line here, there's twenty above there, and then two four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, thirty one, two, three, four or five about thirty five rules on one of these and then and then god knows how many more unless it's the same thing posted twice. Yeah, I mean language or something. But there's two signs with all these rules, and my good God, who on earth is gonna sit there and read all of that? Give me a magnifying glass. Yeah, it's like size twelve font on this sign. So now I'm going back to the family side here. Believe it or not, that is unbelievable. That's a huge set of rules.
Speaker 20: Global items are allowed at the gravesite, but some decorations are prohibited. We are still waiting for a response from Booth.
Speaker 21: It didn't feel very nice, kind of like see everything white.
Speaker 1: I feel like there should.
Speaker 21: Be some kind of answer in beach, especially something so sentimental as like family members that have passed away.
Speaker 1: WPTV news or her name is stuff too? Are there they go? They said they were upset. They took away all the little stuff that they left on the grave site and got it out of there, and they didn't give enough warning. He's upset about this. And I will tell you that list of rules is something else that was fairly intense to see, So let us know what you think, Senator dispatch Over at the Neewsjunkie dot com. Let's see there's a couple of audio dispatches. I'll probably do those, do a bunch of them right before the end of the show so we can work in a whole bunch at once. Lee, this is okay, I can save some of these things. This person says, Hey, Sean, I'm seeing a lot of secret show magnets this week. Where do those come from. I've been a subscriber for a while, however, I haven't seen the opportunity to get my hands on one. Thanks. We might have to do another round of Secret Shows magnets at some point in a while, since we've done a new one. I think there's only three or four different kinds. You can see all of the kinds of magnets and all the number ranges and see how rare your magnets are if you find one out there in the wild. You see a news Junkie magnet and grab it. In Game of Magnets, go to the news junky dot com and hit the Game of Magnets section, and you'll see all of the options that are out there. All right, here's what I got to do, so stay them by here. There's been a lot of people who have been very very generous today seven two. Thank it a loose Neutral for the ten gifted subscriptions, very very much appreciated, big, big, big support. Thank you, Loose Neutral, Thank you so much for that. Also, thank you to five Big sm with five gifted, Brad Wallace realtor with fifteen gifted subscriptions. Hey, there's a couple of these left right now, Janine with five gifted, Tom with one. This guy doesn't have any stuff with five, which is one of my I still laugh about that to this day. I think I was trying to do a plug for the next segment. I was doing like a teaser for the next segment, and I go, oh man, there's so much coming up. There's a lot a lot coming up. I've got stuff. I've got so much stuff to get into, and Celian goes, this guy doesn't have any stuff, and he was so right. I think I had dropped my papers or something, and in the moment I was stuck without the Hey look this right here, guy. Yes, oh this stuff is good. This stuff is good. This guy doesn't have any stuff. With five gifted subscriptions, Thank you so much, co Meals with three. These are gifted subscriptions for the premium access to the news Junkie over on the website, and big fat Giant. Thank you to Sunstag John with thirty seven gifted subscriptions, which is just absolutely unbelievable, and I want to tell you it puts us to a record number of a Secret Shows subscriber. This is how you could support us directly. It gets away from the corporations, makes it so we don't have to hunt down sales and try to bend over backwards to keep those people happy. This is the best way to directly support the show. And you guys have come out with such support. Mike. Literally, we're at the point now, we're about a quarter of the way of not needing any kind of corporation behind this and being able to bust wide open and do whatever we want. So keep that going. Thank you to Sunstain John, Thank you to everybody else who donated these subscriptions. The highest we were ever at was day two, day one or day two of Secret Shows, and then for a while it sort of sat on the back burner. For a million different reasons that I don't want to get into. And then five or six years ago, it is like, we really need to start honing in on this, making this show as good as possible, making the uncensored shows top notch. We've really really brought it around since then, and now is the highest number of subscribers we've ever had, so that support is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for every little bit that you've done, and just know that it doesn't go without being noticed. So right, we're going to take a very quick break. When we come back, we're going to do the final dispatches, We're going to do the stories that didn't make the cut, and of course today learned to wrap everything up for a Wednesday that is coming up next on the news Junkie, what are you laughing at over there? Laughing? What ams chaos? M's peak? Oh my god? You know what? Like so much of these submissions today have been related to this thing where people are meming me. Now, I'm not I'm not a big fan. I haven't seen this one. Let me see if I go into chat. It's pretty good point peaks here. It's such a good format. You can see all of these this isn't chat dot thenewsjunkie dot com, some of the more offensive than others, and people meming me in one of the stories that was talked about on the show today, but all in good fun. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 5: Happy Yeah, caught astray in that last meme he did.
Speaker 1: Joshua Marie Fowler is he'll be back on Friday on the show. It's his birthday. So he's wandering around out there like world right. Here's what we got on the way out. Couple of minutes to do this, so I might as well. There was an issue with AI technology on open Ai that's almost too crazy to believe. Let me see, did I save something that talks about this? I think? All right, so let's get this straight. An unreleased chat GPT model they think it might be GPT six was being tested in a no Internet scenario on open ai server and the AI model found several zero day vulnerabilities in the sandbox that keeps it from escaping onto the Internet. And the AI was not supposed to have Internet access, but it found Internet access. Then it went to the competitor hugging face AI into their servers, found another exploit in their dataset loader and then hacked it. I guess. So open Ai ended up saying we're partnering with Hugging Face to investigate an unprecedented security incident. Cyber capable op AI models compromise Hugging Faces production during a benchmark evaluation. So the AI escaped a prison in AI prison where I wasn't supposed to be able to go on the internet, got to the Internet and hacked an AI competitor lleus. That's where we're at, folks. That's that's how far this technology has come in a very short period of time. And uh is this worth watching? What is it? I haven't seen? Somebody said, Uh, this is that that guy you played before who does bits with AI on his phone. He tried to get you. He tried to get two Ais to make a song together. Let's see. Hang on. Oops, oops, I'm so sorry. Uh why why is my computer freaking out right now? Oh buddy, I don't know what's happening. You don't show any of this, but I'm not. But yeah, you can't seem to stay on the full scrap. Oh, I'll just I'll just play it from here.
Speaker 17: And then you wrap on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure this is not gonna go well.
Speaker 17: Hey son, no one to jump? Oh god, hey, so can you beatbox? And I'm gonna have another AI wrap on it? Okay, so make it good and easy to wrap on, easy to rap.
Speaker 1: Smooth and steady about mid Temple.
Speaker 18: City poles under the street boots, tap time on crack walks below.
Speaker 1: It's terrible beat what kind of beatboxes out? You're just saying the word beat over and over beat beat beat. Those are two stories, one that made me very scared of AI and one that made me think we're all right. So maybe that helps us out in some way. All right, let's get.
Speaker 5: The hell out of The musicians are fine, but yeah, the actual companies are just hacking each other.
Speaker 1: It looks like it's that way right now. Let's do one final dispatch.
Speaker 9: These are the final dispatches, but Sean will probably quickly quickly quickly here, let's see, let me refresh for the latest and the greatest, and.
Speaker 1: I think we'll go to shark Bait. Let's see what they have.
Speaker 11: Let's see, hey, junkys, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Update number three? I know the show's ending.
Speaker 3: Went to the bathroom one more time.
Speaker 8: I think it's good.
Speaker 6: Now, so Taco Bell did not win today.
Speaker 1: Oh, struggling with Taco Bell a little bit of an overshare. Struggling with Taco Bell. Thank you for that. Anyway, here's somebody on the gym, lady.
Speaker 15: What's all the news, junkies. I was actually on my way home from the gym when I saw this. I actually had to deal with the same situation literally right before I watched this, and I sat down and I just waited. Okay, there are three machines taken up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 15: The lady who walked up and asked how much said she had how many times that she was on there for ten minutes? Who cares? You can sit there and take up a machine as long as you want.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't.
Speaker 15: You should do your sets, you and there's some time in between where you rest, So being on there for ten minutes is not that long.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 15: Now, as for filming, I don't agree with the filming. That's just a whole other subject. But the lady was talking about working in with sets. That's where yes, one person does a set, then the other person does a set. So she was being nice and offering that. So the lady who walked up and she was telling her to get off the machine.
Speaker 1: That's not right. So hope that helps. It does. Thank you appreciate that we needed somebody who knew something about the gym for God's saga. It wasn't us. Now we get the hell out of here. Now we do. Today I learn the.
Speaker 15: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, so don't get cocky.
Speaker 1: What we go today? It is today learned for a Wednesday, July twenty second, twenty twenty six, Today learned. Traffic lights are called robots in South Africa and other African countries. Directions can be given, such as turn right at the second robot, which will confusing in the future, I would imagine. And finally I learned this band right here, Rush, that's right Rush. Their nineteen seventy five album Caress of Steel had disappointing sales, so Mercury Records considered dropping the band, but they allowed him to make one more album, and that was twenty one to twelve. That was their breakthrough album and it made them a huge, huge household name. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow. Same time, same place, miss Eddy of the show. Get the podcast over at the news junkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody