Speaker 1: Oh it's k dub ub Dave Ryan Show. I was gonna mention this again because it is absolutely worth mentioning. You may have noticed that we're not spending a lot of time talking about the serious things going on with the ice shooting in the Twin Cities yesterday, and that's very deliberate and it's not out of ignorance or being tone deaf. It is I mean absolutely, it's a very death deadly literally deadly serious situation and there are places that you know, you can go to talk about it, to find out more about it, to discuss it. And we really we kind of struggled this morning, like well, what do we do? What do we do we open up the phones and do we talk about this? And we thought, well, let's fast forward a little bit, and if we open up the phones, it'll immediately become politicized, and you know that we just don't. That is not our brand. And I said earlier, I think a good analogy is like you go into a barber shop and you look for groceries. Well, that's not what they do, and that's not what we do here at Katie WDB. But once in a while we'll check in to see if Jenny is kind of following the story to see if there's anything new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only thing I've been seeing is I know that there are people kind of putting up barricades around the scene just to make sure that nobody like does anything disrespectful to the vigil area that people put up like memories, like people put up flowers and stuff like that. So people are kind of putting up like trash cans around it. But outside of that, just the most recent big news is that Minneapolis schools are close for the rest of the week because of safety concerns.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that's it, and that is what we are. Let me know how you feel. Maybe you're thinking, oh my god, you know, you guys are doing this all wrong. But from the feedback we're getting, most people are like, Yeah, I come to you because I need the levity, I need the companionship. I don't want to be mentally bogged down with something I want to be. I want to have my mood lifted. A lot of people count on us for that, so that I think we're head in the right direction. Let's see what's on Jenny's mind. Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 2: Well, here's some lovity for you because these are insane facts that sound fake but are true. And I'm going to start with my favorite, which is a blue whales fart bubble is large enough to hold a horse.
Speaker 3: We'll think about that.
Speaker 1: I'm picturing. Yes, that's a big old bubble.
Speaker 2: All right, So apparently there. I feel like Dave maybe would know this fun fact. But there was a bear named voy Tech who enlisted in the Polish Army and he would drink and carry weapons on the front line.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: What was it? What a bear? A bear? Bullet Tech was his name?
Speaker 2: A barcode scanners to scan the white bars, not the black ones.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I've heard that one before, but even when I hear it again, it still like blows my mind because I don't retain.
Speaker 1: That here's a board game and there's a bunch of black bars there, but when you think about it, it could be white bars.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is like a zebra situation. Yeah, right, exactly, all right.
Speaker 2: Another one is Philadelphia cream cheese is made in New York and has zero ties with Philadelphia. What So these are just fun facts that sound fake, but they're actually true. We've talked about this one before on the show, and I know David Bailey know this. Yoda and Miss Piggy are both voiced by the same person.
Speaker 1: When I first saw that episode of Star Wars, I think it was like the second one in like seventy eight or nine or something like that. I'm like, that's Miss Baker's also Bert, it's the same guy that does base a ton of voices.
Speaker 2: Yep, another one, just like time is so weird sometimes. Rosa Parks was alive long enough to watch Shrek. She wore when Shrek was released. No, yeah, wow, let's see one last one that I have. That's pretty funny. Sometimes when people are a little bit too big for an MRI at the hospital, they're taken to the zoo or an MRI.
Speaker 1: What got to get an MRI?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Well I'm glad they get the MRI.
Speaker 5: But I can imagine being like, all right, well, we're gonna have to bring you to the zoo.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, it's even more embarrassing when they put a bail of hay next to you, And that's that's when it really gets embarrassing.
Speaker 3: You gotta go into the MRID.
Speaker 1: You have so embarrassing. Then they started pitching hay at me. You're gonna finish that?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, there Judge's bet on redded fun facts that sound fake that they're true.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you very much. It is KD double U B. I think we're about to play a little game here. We love games on the show. This one is between us. It's called Think Fast and Vonn's is gonna host Think Fast today. Bons is gonna give us, the two of us, a little category. Then we're gonna come up with something before our opponent comes up with something. So let's get started. Here we go.
Speaker 6: All right, grab your shopping cards at your bagscuse we're going a cub. Every single category today is grocery store theme.
Speaker 3: What do you want to play? You can pick a fallon.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, what we'll do David Bailey because I already know Jenny's gonna blowhim out the park with the grocery store, so it wouldn't be fair. All right, We're gonna go aisle by aisle, right, guys, and listen closely because not every single one of these has a letter attached to it.
Speaker 3: Oh geez, ready, guys, give me something in a produce aisle that start right. Listen closely, David, produce isle.
Speaker 6: But I swear to you it says something in the produce aisle that starts with L.
Speaker 3: Let Us says, I'll give it to Bailey. I don't think they are day. They're in a bag.
Speaker 1: An's fine, I'll give it they're in a can, but I'm not sure they're in a can.
Speaker 3: They're definitely not all right.
Speaker 6: For one Dave, Jenny, keepscore, please, yep, thanks, give me produce aisle. Still a vegetable that starts with cne ebage, something in the produce isle that is sold by the pound.
Speaker 3: Beans in those little apples. I'm not giving a tie that one of you.
Speaker 5: Hand.
Speaker 3: David too late, and I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Bailey.
Speaker 3: Put a little bag underneath.
Speaker 6: Last one in the produce aisle, a green produce item that starts with S spinach.
Speaker 3: Yes, nice. How's your voice there, David? How's puberty?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Let's all move on over. It's a little cold. We're in the dairy in the refrigerated aisle. Give me a seafood that starts with salmon, thank you, Bailey.
Speaker 3: That starts with the full thing seed?
Speaker 1: So what was the quest? Repeat the question again that starts with the egg to the category again, Oh, this is dairy and refrigerated. Dairy and refrigerated, and you're saying seafood. Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 5: Cottage cheese is my favorite sea.
Speaker 1: That starts food.
Speaker 3: Dairy and refrigerated. Okay. Meats that you'd grill that starts with H.
Speaker 6: Hamburger, Oh nice, Give me frozen meat that comes in.
Speaker 1: A bag Hamburger sausage.
Speaker 3: No, it's Hamburgers kind of comes in a bag, the frozen ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like that's the unfairness steal.
Speaker 5: But just nobody gets that pointssage would work because I get like those bag sausages all the time that you just pop them in the micro for two minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but no points for that. All right, last one that's in either dairy refrigerator. Give me a meat that starts with B.
Speaker 3: Bone and chicken.
Speaker 5: No, bone and chicken before bacon or brisket.
Speaker 3: Never been in a cub before chickens meat.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get to the pantry aisle or like the center aisles of cub. Give me a condiment that starts with MS. Mustard, but David must have on at Give me a hand food that starts with tea tomatoes. Yes, what's the scourge toy pantry and center isles snack food that starts with C.
Speaker 1: Chips Yes, same point for Dave.
Speaker 3: Right, this could be it.
Speaker 6: This could be a great comeback after cottage cheese. Give me something the cereal isle that starts with fin.
Speaker 1: I think I do a little more shopping maybe than you probably don't go shopping. Yeah, I love shopping, Girl Dinner, Thank you, VAT appreciate that I'm coming up on Katie w B. We're gonna do something just like a kind of a flip flop with all the negativity that's going on right now. We're gonna do a little feature we call people are So Kind, And this is where you call in and you can use the talk back feature as well, and you can even text in. But I'd really like I love to hear the expression of your voice. I haven't talked in a long time. You call in and you say people are so kind, for example, and then you'd be like, okay, I was. You know, I was at the gas station the other day and I went to pay and I didn't have my credit cards. So somebody said, let me let me get that for you. That's a bad example. That would never happen that one. Okay. People are so kind.
Speaker 2: So I was out back in the alley working on my van the other day and my neighbor saw me and he came over and he's like, what do you need help with? Then I was like, that was so nice of him, even though I figured it out on my own. But he was like, I've got this, I got that whatever kind of equipment you need, and so he was there to help me even though I didn't necessarily need it.
Speaker 3: People are so kind.
Speaker 1: I like that. I'll give you one. We were looking out when it was snowy a couple of weeks ago and my snowblowers not starting, and I'm like, oh god, I look out and there is a frosty, snow covered figure that is snow blowing my driveway. It was neighbor Eric. Thank you, neighbor Eric. People are so kind. And then I look out later it was neighbor Mark, and then later it was neighbor Mark Son John See. And I'm like, I'm going to sit in here, have a couple of hot chocolate. I watch people be kind. People are so kind. So you call us and you let us know the story and then people are so kind just to put a little positivity into the world. We'll do that when we come back on Katie Will. You can call now or use the talk back feature or text.
Speaker 3: One on one point three Katie w B.
Speaker 1: We do this once in a while. People are so kind. We try to sign something positive. Like I looked out the front window during the snowstorm a few weeks ago, and there was my neighbor Eric, and then later my neighbor Mark, and then later Mark's son John doing my driveway and I'm watching him. I'm like, oh, that's so nute. People are so kind. Let's get some people on the phone here, Maya, let me hear your story. And then of course you got to finish it up with people are start I think you started off started off with people are so kind. Yeah, there you go. What's up, Maya?
Speaker 4: Oh just called to say I was the kind person the other night. I just happened to go to the grocery store and I got behind a mom and her kid who was no older than like six years old, and just say their groceries because she Lily was like pulling out quarters and nickels and dimes like I don't know if I have enoughing, so I just told her quietly so like other people wouldn't hear. And she didn't feel embarrassed or anything, just like her. No, I guess you don't mind. I don't mind paying for your food because it was their dinner. It was seven o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: Thank you. People are so kind. Appreciate that. Thank you, Samantha on the phone, Samantha, people are so kind. Tell me your story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I was headed into holiday station stores just right before I heard you guys were doing this, and my son really wanted to treat before school, so we went in. I noticed I forgot my wallet and I only had ten dollars and the total was twelve, and the I just told them, oh, I'll put my protein shake back so he can get his snack, and the guy behind me was like, no, here you go, and then paid for the rest of it. So that was so cool.
Speaker 1: So kind. I mean, you hear you stuff all the time. But I hate people by people shock. I hate people, but you don't really as people for the most part are kind. We got some text messages. We've got some talkbacks on the talkback feature.
Speaker 3: Text message says people are so kind.
Speaker 5: Yesterday I had my son with me at the grocery store, and the cash register lady gave me the senior discount. I'm very obviously young, so it was very nice. That's from Jess. This one says people are Oh, here we go, people are so kind. I'm going through a breakup after twelve years, and my brother jumped right in and offered his basement.
Speaker 3: For me to live in.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: People are so kind.
Speaker 5: My manager helped jump start my car and helped figure.
Speaker 3: Out how to jump it.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: People are so kind.
Speaker 5: I hit ice driving, so I had to drive into a snowbank instead of hit the car in front of me, but my vehicle got stuck as a result. Three different people stopped traffic and got out of their cars to dig me out and push me back onto the road.
Speaker 1: Isn't that great? I'm glad that that's still the whether it's Minnesota nice or just nice, whether that still exists. I get some talkbacks here on the talk back feature. That's the red herophone. You can use it anytime on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Good Morning, Dave Ryan in the morning show. People are so kind that one day when I was sitting in church during the offering. A woman sitting next to me hand to meet one hundred dollars check for myself and my children. People are so kind.
Speaker 1: Oh, wow, you're in the church offering. Wow. I wonder how she knew that that could really help you. Interesting, Let's do another one.
Speaker 5: My nine year old has been helping his Ukrainian friend feel more.
Speaker 8: Confident in his reading by doing chapter books with him once a week after school.
Speaker 3: People are so kind, and I'm so proud of my kid.
Speaker 1: Oh, I want to cry love that.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 9: In Northfield, we've got this man we called the Northfield Angel. His name is Darryl, and he would go around he would bless people. He would meet them at the grocery store. You would wait around at the grocery store, at the gas stations and he would offer to buy their groceries or their gas, or if they had young kids with them, he would give them gifts like little stuff toy or matchbox cars. And he ended up getting a kidney transplant, which is so awesome.
Speaker 3: But he would go wrong. He would just bless people.
Speaker 1: People are so can a couple more. Amanda is on the phone for people are so kind instead of like bitching because we and we love to complain, we were really really good at it, but this is a more positive Amanda telling your story.
Speaker 10: Hey, So I just dropped my daughter off at school and their school has adults that help, you know, patrol the floor to help kids cross the street and things like that. And I just saw two girls brought some coffee or hot chocolate and some hot hands to all of them, and I feel like that was really sweet because they're outside every day to make sure these kids cross the streets safely.
Speaker 1: I love that people are so kind. Thank you, Amanda.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know what, now that we get into this, people are going, oh, I want to play too. We're going a bunch of phone calls and a bunch of text messages too, Katie. Would you be Hi? It's Jen. People are so kind. What's your story?
Speaker 4: Jin?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 10: So I was here.
Speaker 11: I work at a hotel, and my daughter wanted to take a Christmas present money that she was getting and put it towards helping somebody who needed it, or elderly people. So we had a gentleman who is staying and he was living in his car prior to at the hotel. He got a job, and he never he was. There's a story behind him.
Speaker 3: He had a lot of.
Speaker 11: Problems growing up. So we decided to take the money and donate.
Speaker 4: We went and got on.
Speaker 11: My Christmas tree, put in his room. We got him, you know, helped just don't get him at back on his feet things that he needed, just to you know, get back up and see he just got a new job, so she'll be moving on up in life.
Speaker 1: That is great. That is a wonderful thing you did. We got We got time for one more than we're going to run out of time. Hello, Vicky, people are so kind. Tell me your story, Vicky, Vicky, can you hear me?
Speaker 12: It was a couple of years ago. I was a target with my daughter and I was getting her all excited because she was going to buy her first barbie. There there, we're gonna pick it out. And there was this guy who was there with his wife. He was a big biker guy at tattoos everywhere. But we're walking down the aisles and he heard us and he's like, you know what, this is a really special moment. I want to buy her her first barbie. She can pick out whatever one she wants, so he bought her her first barbie. It was so sweet.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know what's so funny about bikers And I'm not a biker, but I ride a motorcycle. There's a difference. But a lot of those guys that look scary and they're covered with tattoos and they get a braided beard. That's scary. They're teddy bears. Yeah you look. They could kick your ass if they wanted to, but they're teddy bears. And you'll meet him in a biker bar and you'll be like, excuse me, and you think they're going to kick your ass for trying to get a drink at the bar, and they're like, oh, how are you let me boy you? That's like, oh, okay, very cool. I love that story. People are so kind. Thank you for that. We'll be back in a second. On KTWB, a guy is suing a restaurant because he was hanging out of the restaurant and then they started making a video to put it on their TikTok. Well, he was doing something that he shouldn't have been doing. Now he's in big trouble just from hanging out of the restaurant. He's suing the restaurant. What was he doing that he didn't want to be on TikTok, I'll tell you now. So a guy is suing a restaurant. And here is the story. He's forty two and he's going to go to a business dinner. But he didn't go to a business dinner. He went to this restaurant with his side piece. He's married. Yeah, takes a side piece to the that's such a disrespectful term. Yeah, side action. There we go, Oh, there you go. Takes her to this beautiful little restaurant. And it would have stayed secret had it not been for the fact that the restaurant social media person took a video of the dining room and they used the footage in a promotional video that they posted on the TikTok. And for some strange string of events, the wife happened to see the video and said, wait, that's that's that's Charles, that is what who is that? Jezebel. I don't know what happened, but so she kicked him out of the house. Now the husband is now suing the owner of the restaurant for using the video of him without his consent. He is being represented by a Consumer Protection Group and they think it's a clear case of invasion of privacy. I don't know what the law says on that, but I know when you're in public like this, I'm walking down Lake Street, you can film me. I'm in public. In public, there is no expectation of privacy, and I could stand there and I could film you walking down Lake Street and you can be like, I don't consent to be filmed. Well, in public, there is no expectation of privacy, But in a private restaurant, I don't know whether you give that right to privacy up because you're in my establishment. I really don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know either, but it would be weird to me if the only place that you can expect privacy is in the privacy of your own home, that's the only place you're allowed privacy.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's got to be some kind of laws or rules, because you know, like here at the radio station sometimes we'll do social media collabs and they like there will be requirements of like don't have anyone in the background or whatever it might be.
Speaker 3: So there is I don't know.
Speaker 2: As a business, I would make sure to not have customers in a TikTok or an Instagram unless I got prior approval.
Speaker 1: I've done videos over at Snap, and I'm always very careful to not like get somebody in the background, or if they are, they're facing the other way, because I don't want to you know, maybe he's I don't know, maybe he took a mental health day and he's like lying about it because he can go to Snap and whatever, and I don't want to get anybody in trouble.
Speaker 5: Maybe I just don't want to see myself huffing and puffing on the on the elliptical. Yeah, see it in your video and I'll be like, Oh, is that what I look like from the side.
Speaker 1: I have a tip for you next time you get on the elliptical. Yeah, move it, don't just stand on it right.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's supposed a scroll if she's moving, and then like have to be on the handles.
Speaker 5: I just like to pretend like I'm a little giraffe because you get so tall.
Speaker 1: You're ridiculous. Here are the things that we lose the most. A new survey found the average person misplaces at least three physical itea a month, and twenty seven percent that's one in four spend about twenty minutes or sometimes an hour looking for them. Here are the things that we misplace the most. Number one TV remote, I mean all the times, like where is it? What is it in the couch? Wait? Is it where? Oh? Right there?
Speaker 6: They need to make that thing that you have on your phone where it can make a noise loud remote.
Speaker 5: Oh. I have an app on my phone that is a TV remote. So if I lose the remote, I just have the app.
Speaker 3: I've heard people do that too.
Speaker 1: It's real nice things. Other things glasses and sunglasses. How many times have you had them on your head and you're looking for your sunglasses?
Speaker 3: Guilty?
Speaker 1: Or you're looking for your car keys? Where are they? They're in your hand? Receipts is another one we'd lose all the time. Phone is a big one. We set it down and most people know that. I don't know if the android has it, but not, like Vaughn said, on an iPhone, you can Well, if you have an Apple Watch, you can watch. I'll show you the location right now, here's I pushed the location things to tell me not only where it is, but the new app has the distance.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Nothing, we lose all the time. Earbuds and headphones, paperwork, car keys. We mentioned your charger and then your debitter credit card because you usually leave it. You go into a brewery and they're like, okay, do you want to keep this open? Yeah, keep it open, and then you leave it there and you forget, and then you have to call them back at like nine o'clock that night.
Speaker 3: Go chase and it says Dave Ryan on them, never heard of them.
Speaker 5: Where you buy gas, buy gas, you put it in your pocket and then you forget to take it out of your pocket and put it back.
Speaker 3: Into your wallet. That's the world time when you do something like that. When you put a card, is it in a wish coat? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 2: When you buy gas, you usually go to holiday stations all the time. Did you know that right now you can buy two get one free of the Monster Energy drinks and they have an ultra punk punch. It's called Wah Flavor Tropical punch Flavor zero sugar.
Speaker 5: You mean I can buy gas and then walk inside and get sweet deal.
Speaker 3: You can baily all time?
Speaker 1: Whoa, I'm going to give you one more because we have a little extra time here. You know, we've always heard the story, the kind of cliche like, the more they spend on a wedding, the more likely they are to get divorced sooner. Yea, it is true. So here's the story and then kind of my own personal theory behind it. Spending big on engagement rings and lavish weddings might backfire. They did a study and they shows that men who spend twenty seven hundred to fifty four hundred, that is a lot for some people, is a lot for an engagement ring, they're more likely to get divorced than people who spend like one thousand dollars or fourteen hundred dollars on an engagement ring. By the way, get yours a wedding day diamonds, you're going to get an amazing deal. Shelling out a bunch of money on the wedding, think twenty seven thousand dollars plus increases the risk even more. They say that women with weddings that price he worth three and a half times more likely to get divorced than those who spent six thousand to thirteen thousand. Interestingly, spending too little on the ring under six high undred also is not great for marriage stability, so it seems like with most things in life, moderation is the key. My theory on people who have the abundance of wealth to spend like a fifty eight thousand dollars wedding or a two hundred thousand dollars wedding or something crazy, right, they'll look at an unhappy marriage and they have no financial obligation. They don't they have the financial freedom. So, in other words, if you've got the money to spend eighty four thousand dollars on a wedding and then three years down the road you're like, I'm not very happy with this, you have more chances more likely to have the financial freedom to leave, because a lot of people stay married because they don't have the financial freedom to.
Speaker 5: Leave a more wedding, and then you can't leave your boy your poor wedding or your poor marriage. Oh so I just want to have a poor wedding just to have a poor wedding.
Speaker 6: I wonder how many men care to have the more prizy wedding, you know, compared to women, because the clean question, the cliche is that women, you know, they it's it's technically their day, but low key whenever that day comes with me and Tate McCrae finally tie the knye.
Speaker 3: I would love to, you know, spend a little bit of money. It's me and take fine.
Speaker 1: What about Alyssa though you can just spend a lot of money with Lissa who who fine?
Speaker 2: You do seem like the type of person that wants to throw like a big elaborate party for a while.
Speaker 6: I just feel like I see TikTok. No, it doesn't have to be like boogie boogie. But people always say it's just one day. No, it is literally just one day. So you go crazy do the things that you want to do. You'll probably never be able to have all these people in the same room, that's true. Ever again, you will hopefully probably never get married again and be able to do this, So go crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly kind of jealous of your mindset on that, because like for me, it just sounds like one big day of anxiety. That's why I've always said if I get married, I just want to do something.
Speaker 6: Small, which is so interesting because I feel like I feel like I have your state of mind in it because you're always trying to find the optimistic thing, my optimistic trying to way of looking at that is like, no, go crazy, it's your one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think? I mean? Maybe you know somebody who spent eighty four thousand dollars on a wedding and it lasted like three years. Or maybe somebody who spent that and they are still together and happy. And let me know, simmey attacks, We'll do Dave's dirt next. Bailey asked me a really good question. Just fifteen seconds ago.
Speaker 3: I was wondering why he's not wearing his wedding ring. Aren't you married? Or can I come over there and hit on you?
Speaker 1: It's very trendy for a guy my age to have a little trophy bride that's you know, half his age.
Speaker 3: I am a trophy Bailey's looking for a sugar daddy for me.
Speaker 1: You would be.
Speaker 3: Get out of the same studio.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: There's been you know, some issues, and you know, I just thought I would give it a break for a while. Oh no, I didn't. I know exactly where it is. It's on my bathroom SAYNK, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was it turning your fingers? Why isn't on your finger?
Speaker 1: Well? You remember that I told you this story. I was carrying boxes while not looking where I was going and I tripped over a bunch of boxes because I'm moving and I tripped over them and I fell, and I landed so hard on my fingers. I don't know I reached out to brace myself or what I think I reached out to brace myself. And my Apple Watch went off where it's like, you know, you just took a hard fall, or you okay? Should we call my nine to one? One?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: And I said the first thing. Carson jumps up, Susan jumps up, and I said, I think I broke my finger, and I hold my finger up. My pinky finger was literally bent in an angle that I wish I'd taken a picture of it. It was awful, awful looking, and and Susan said, maybe it's just dislocated. Try to pop it back into place. And I said, I've seen TV shows where they do that and the guy has a stick in his mouth biting down on it and they pull on it and he screams no. So I thought, well, I might as well try, because I I really my first My second thought was first thought was I broke it. Second thought was I don't want to go spend my Friday night in the emergency room is four hours in the emergency, right, So she's like trying to pop it back into place. I'm like, okay, So I took my my pinky finger, which was bent backwards and out clearly out of location. I squeezed and I pulled it and I felt it slide back into.
Speaker 3: Place everything and we just went yeah.
Speaker 1: And that was two or so weeks ago, and it's still swollen, and the ring finger next to it is all so swollen. See, it's a little they both hurt like the dickens. Still.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Fit your wedding ring won't fit on your hand because your fingers are swollen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought you were out here going to be like, I'm just so healthy. Now I'm just so skinny. It just falls right off, right because then you have another ring on your other fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that one's so because I'm so thin now, that one just slides it does it slides right off?
Speaker 3: Well? Dang well s'ectually talking about your wedding ring.
Speaker 6: You're having a conversation about weddings and if you want to spend like a pricier one. Typically the cliches you get divorced. And I asked, do men want I see weddings as much as women do. We have a lot of people texting In five three, nine to one. Somebody said, I've been married twice and my eight thousand dollars wedding was way more amazing than my thirty thousand dollars wedding.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: Another text spent seven thousand on wedding and twelve hundred on rings.
Speaker 3: Been married for going on fourteen years. Look at you seven thousand. That's like a cheap wedding, right, Yeah, that would imagine. Yeah, I watch a lot of pow because I've never been married.
Speaker 1: It's it's I mean, it depends on your perspective, or it's a frugal wedding, it's a it's a more affordable wedding. You seven thousand dollars still gets you a pretty nice wedding. I've been to a seven thousand dollars wedding. There's pretty nice wedding.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Here's a good text.
Speaker 6: My boyfriend and I have been together for thirteen years and have talked marriage and weddings many times. He wants a huge, fancy wedding, and I'd prefer something small and not stressful. Goes against the cliche, but the thought of a huge wedding gives me anxiety, and that's what Jenny said. Yeah, and I totally understand that because there's so much planning and coordinating and trying to please other people. But I just wonder how often the men also want, you know, the boogie or maybe upscale just spend more money than the women.
Speaker 1: I think there are guys that still want that one. Here's it. I don't know if you saw this text bant men want spendy two. I'm a man and I told my fiance my wedding band needs diamonds in it. Two men deserve some bling once in a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do. Does your wedding ring have diamonds in a dave?
Speaker 1: Mine has one little diamond in it. Yeah. Yeah, it's kind of understated.
Speaker 5: Yet hovering it now because you're out here trying to prowl.
Speaker 1: How's that work? And here's one more text, and it says, my husband's been around fifteen thousand on my engagement ring, but we designed it together and I'm obsessed with it. He's the love of my life and I feel so lucky to be able to afford by dreaming dream ring. We are not rich by any means, but dated for six years before we got engaged, and we're at our thirties. My husband's really good with money. I would have ever asked him to spend more than our means, but it was what we could comfortably afford, so he went for it. And you know what, good for you? You know, if he wanted to spend that much, that's great. I love that. I mean, you look at somebody's ring, like, who did I see the other day? The ring was ridiculous, But then again we saw Taylor Swift's ring. Was it?
Speaker 5: Jonah Raig just got engaged in the ring, That's exactly it. Yes, it's a gorgeous it says, looks huge. Yeah, it's a beautiful ring. Go check out Jonah Mourray on Instagram. That's our friend who lives here.
Speaker 1: You know him. Yeah, he was in white, don't we and he got engaged. Let's do really quick a soup bracket update before we get into Dave's dirt.
Speaker 6: Yes, we narrowed down the sixteen soups that we started on Monday down to two soups and it's come between chicken Wild Rice and Tomato soup. And right now, chicken Wild Rice is blowing tomato out of the park.
Speaker 3: I can see no. But you said you thought tomato was gonna win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know we're in Minnesota, so chicken wild rice. If you brought that up in Colorado or Utah, they'd probably be like, well, okay, that sounds okay. But here in Minnesota. That's I remember on my first day, they gave me a bunch of Minnesota things like how to speak Minnesotan.
Speaker 3: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they gave me a bag of wild rice soup.
Speaker 5: So the other day and when I said what's your soup today and they.
Speaker 3: Said wild rice, I was like, yeah, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone likes wild and put chick in there. It's even better. So go vote on the soup brackets because this is important. Also important. Dave's dirt, Taylor Swift, nor stranger things made the dirt today, which is frame there is one. I think there's one Tailor Swift story, and I'll get to that in just a couple of seconds. But here's something interesting you're thinking about. Maybe you're doing dry January and you're not drinking, or damp January I think is where you drink, maybe just on the weekends or maybe one drink a week or whatever. Doctor Oz says that we should not drink alcohol at all.
Speaker 13: Alcohol is a social lubricit that brings people together. In the best case scenario, I don't think you should drink alcohol, but it does allow people an excuse to bond and socialize and there's probably nothing healthier. They're having a good time with friends in a safe way. If you look at the blue zones, for example, around the world where people live the longest, alcohol is sometimes part of their diet. Again, small amounts, but the implication is don't have it for breakfast. There should be something done small amounts with hopefully some kind of an event that may have alcohol at it, but they generally move away from two glasses of men one glass of wind. There was never really good data the support that that quantity of alcohol consumption.
Speaker 1: M Well, there goes my bloody Mary from Floyd with a beefstick and a couple of carrots in there.
Speaker 3: Pickles.
Speaker 2: Members of Ashley Tisdale's Toxic Mom group and people adjacent to the group can't help but chiming in. So the most recent is Ashley's husband had posted to his Instagram, but then he deleted it. Of course, it says it's your choice whether or not to engage, but apparently he decided to engage and then disengage since he deleted that right away. But then another thing that came out recently is that Haley Duff, who is kind of estranged from Hillary Duff, her sister, she went and liked what Ashley had posted in her essay and stuff, and so it's kind of sounding like, potentially Hillary is not a good person.
Speaker 3: But it depends on whose side you weigh on.
Speaker 2: I'm still I think I'm on the side of Hillary Duff and everyone else who was part of the group, and Ashley seems to be sort of the issue because see that way, Yeah, Ashley was the one who said that she was just getting excluded, and it's like, well, there might be a reason why you were excluded.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Travis Kelcey joked that co hosting the podcast for New Heights was his only job in his first post NFL season episode. He's not made any kind of official decision regarding retiring from the Kansas City Chiefs, but he says he'd love to see how his body recovers from the season before making a call, so maybe he's done, du Ain done?
Speaker 2: He is I think thirty six now maybe thirty five?
Speaker 1: Actually, oh, I could.
Speaker 3: Be right right. His bones probably hurt at this point. He just keeps saying ages.
Speaker 6: I'm like, damn, big concert announcement May thirteenth, which I'm a little impartial about. It's a Wins Day and I'm tired of these weekday concerts. But Bruno Mars is coming to us Bank Stadium with Anderson Pack and Leon Thomas a guilt. I love this song and pre sale starts next Wednesday at noon. You can go to one oh one three KDWB on Instagram right now for your chance to win tickets before you can buy them. I mean, it's Bruno Mars. Why would you not want to? He probably won't go on to it for another couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, we have a post on Instagram pract and I'm assuming there's like rules of the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a contest that you have to do a couple of steps, but you I can't tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: You have to go look at it on Instagram? Did you have to?
Speaker 5: I've already texted Von saying are we going to Bruno? And then he ignores that text. And then text me about something else. I'm like, hello, are we going to Bruno?
Speaker 3: Anything else? Innother?
Speaker 1: Dave, Yeah, there is actually from reality TV twenty years ago. Is running for mayor of Lasines as usual is a death sentence for Los Angeles and I'm done waiting for someone to take real action.
Speaker 3: That's why I am running for mayor.
Speaker 5: I'm interesting, just he used to apparently saying that's really it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that is the dirt on KDWB. We'll be back in case you missed War of the Roses. We kicked off twenty twenty six with a brand new War of the Roses with a twist at the end the nobody Shaw common and we'll do that next on War of the Roses. On kd WUB, I thought you were holding up a finger like you wanted to say something, No the church fingers.
Speaker 5: I just read this text because we were talking about you not wearing your wedding ring and someone said, Dave, you deserve.
Speaker 3: A trophy wife.
Speaker 5: A participation trophy wife.
Speaker 1: Is anyway I heard? It's okay, we'll be right back