Speaker 1: An exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker.
Speaker 2: We're joined right now by a man that emerged in the second half again last season and was a big part of the Dodgers winning back to back championships, and that's the one and only Emit She and Emmett.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it, of course.
Speaker 2: How's going to I feel like I got your day started the right way when I put you on the phone with America's picture Rich Hill.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that was awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 3: How much do you know about guys that came before you? A lot.
Speaker 1: I watched a lot of baseball growing up and obviously studied a lot of great pictures like Lake Rich Hill, So yeah, I know a lot about him.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think you would have that type of demeanor on the mound like Rich would have if things did not go well? I mean, he was known for his curveball and his tantrums on the mound.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that shows you care. I think it's a good way to look at it. You know, it's intensity out there for sure.
Speaker 3: What's this spring been like for you? Emmett?
Speaker 2: Last year you were still coming back from Tommy John surgery. You knew the goal was to help the team the second half of the season. This year, obviously you've established yourself being healthy again.
Speaker 3: What's it been like for you. It's been great.
Speaker 1: It's nice to get a full, healthy offseason in and get ready for spring and come in ready to go, ready to help the team early in the year, which I haven't done yet.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what did you do differently this offseason? Did you go back to your normal routine to be ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I honestly haven't had a full offseason since I've been in Pro BA. I've been rehabbing or you know, doing the Fall League or something like that every time. Obviously this year's a little shorter too, but yeah, it was it was good to get a routine going. Definitely.
Speaker 3: How did you find that routine?
Speaker 1: I think just picking it up from other guys, you know, obviously, you know I'm pretty into like the physical side of things, like working out that type of thing, so I was that was pretty easy. But throwing wise, just leaning on you know, our coaches and some of the other guys.
Speaker 2: I feel like you set the standard for these other guys that are coming back from.
Speaker 3: A shoulder injury or an elbow injury.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about River Ryan and Gavin Stone because they use the time like you did to get bigger and stronger, I hope.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, yeah, that's that's great to hear. I definitely felt like I put everything I had into my rehab, and I think those guys definitely did too. So it's awesome to see.
Speaker 2: What is the balance as far as being a picture and wanted to get bigger and stronger but still be flexible enough to do what you guys do on the mound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot goes into it. I try to stretch every day and you know, take care of that side of things too. I think it's just as important as what you do in the weight room. But yeah, I think the more mass you have and the better you know. If you can move just as well at a heavier weight and produce more force than you're always you're gonna throw harder and feel better later in the year.
Speaker 2: When you described that, is it the upper body or are you talking about the lower half, Because we've heard so many pictures in the past talk about how important staying connected to the ground is.
Speaker 1: I think a good mix of both. Upper body wise, I think core strength is really important for a picture. So that's something that the straining coaches have have been giving me a lot of stuff to do over the last you know, year and a half two years. So yeah, I feel like I've improved on that.
Speaker 2: Imachian is our guest ahead our first pitch, Emmett. We've seen photos of Yamamoto and what he does in between starts.
Speaker 3: You talk about core. He seems to focus on that. Have any of the pictures taken.
Speaker 2: A piece of what he does and incorporated.
Speaker 1: I think a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I know Snow's doing the pilates, so he's he's getting uh.
Speaker 3: Well that's a different story, yeah, a little different.
Speaker 1: But no, I think, yeah, anytime you see a guy that's that successful and you know can can do what he does at his size, it's it's super impressive. So you want to be able to pick up as much as you can for a guy like that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever tried to tap into sinse YadA?
Speaker 1: I have not yet. I've been observing and trying to pick up little things here and there, but I haven't gotten a session in with with since a Yata yet.
Speaker 2: No, imitician had a little bit of an illness during spring, a little flu symptoms.
Speaker 3: How far back did that set you back?
Speaker 1: I think only only a couple of days set back. I feel really good. I kept, you know, throwing plios and stuff at home as much as I could to keep my arm going.
Speaker 2: Are you excited about this season, about running this back with the same group of guys?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah, No, I think it's you know, the best group of guys you can you can hope for in a locker room, and uh really excited to just spend a year with them.
Speaker 2: Hopefully Snell's taking Kershaw's locker. Kershaw took you into his summer home last year. How do you feel about Snell automatically taking that locker.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's I like it. He's got a pretty nice house too, so maybe he can take me into his house or something like that. But uh no, he's you know, I look up to him a lot and and try to learn from him. So yeah, it's it's been great to have him.
Speaker 3: Can you describe your relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he's been great to me. He's definitely messing with me a lot, but that's part of it, and it's all it's all out of love, and I know it's it's just because you know, he likes me and he wants me to do well, so he's He's helped me a lot on the field of that type of stuff too, So it's been good.
Speaker 2: So you got something cooking to get him back after what he did to you on social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got something for him. I gotta, I gotta figure it out. But uh yeah, you're you're helping me a little bit with that, David too, I think. So you got to take some of the blame there.
Speaker 3: I was trying to give you all the credit.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we're cooking something up. I've seen a lot of things over the last fourteen years, so we'll get this going.
Speaker 3: A man, I'm on your side on this one
Speaker 1: All right, perfect, all right, thank you.