Speaker 1: Due for nice fight Ago gas. That is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twentieth day of August twenty twenty six. Good Thursday morning, everybody. Welcome to the Partrip Morning Show. Best day of the week. It's Thursday. I know we got Bed coming in. I'm not sure, but maybe Tommy as well and a cast of thousands break it down yesterday's practice. Saucy and I were both there and so much more so let's get her started with some comedy from Nick Krol on National Radio Day.
Speaker 1: Come on in. It's gonna be a great day, and I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: I live in La now, which means I drive around all the time. And uh I love driving because it means I get to listen to the radio, and by far my favorite thing to listen to the radio is Latin radio because those dudes are having the best time of anybody.
Speaker 4: It's like bbody else damas he's coming yetto saw no Jochubac having on. You can listen to us on our website at no No Boom, don't know where.
Speaker 1: Boom don't go. All right, let's take a call it first.
Speaker 4: Collar you on the air, all like you're saying, baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got a baby on the phone.
Speaker 4: Get pass, get pass, darn me, Come at this old body baby. Okay, he's asking where are his baby sunglasses?
Speaker 1: Where are his baby sunglasses?
Speaker 4: First color to correctly identify where the baby sunglasses are will get the grand prize of an old bear up baamas.
Speaker 5: Side.
Speaker 6: You know I have it always says that we have no idea who's on our show or what segments we're doing, or oh that's define when you just said, Hey, it's Thursday, I think Tommy's going to be and I'm going.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Today's one of those days. I've been thinking about it for sixty seconds. Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 6: I have no memory if Tommy said he's in or out. So if he didn't say, I think you're right, he's probably coming.
Speaker 1: In probably probably.
Speaker 5: Otherwise, normally he would text and be like, don't forget I'm in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow or something. He should do that. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's in today. It's not that it's more proof to have it that we never know who's going to be on our show. Yeah, correctly think about the past.
Speaker 6: I think about the future, about the future, and the future is at some point Tommy will be back on the show.
Speaker 1: That's right. It might be in ten minutes, it might be in ten days. I don't know. Show's over, what's next, Let's go, you know what I mean? Yeah, nap time right yesterday? No, yesterday?
Speaker 6: Well for me it was I napped. You guys went to a Vikings training camp.
Speaker 1: We sure did, yeah, man, we sure did.
Speaker 6: You and Nordo and Pa and Tennebe and ros Common and Mark Rosen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doctor Rosen for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man.
Speaker 1: And Benjamin was there as well.
Speaker 6: Benjamin Lieber, that's right, and Benjamin Guestling and Peter Bursach and Breaking Benjamin and Randy Moss.
Speaker 2: Randall Moss was there. That was pretty cool. I don't care how old I get. It's gonna be like, that's that's Randy Moss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Randy Moss right there. It don't matter how old I am. That's Randy Moll. Yeah. It was sweet.
Speaker 6: I wonder if he's available at eight fifteen on a Friday at some point.
Speaker 1: I think that's the only time he could join us. Uh. Yeah, I don't think Andy cares. What's a guy from Fox? Uh?
Speaker 2: The guy who was kind of short but he he does UFC stuff as well. It's a guy's name exactly yesterday to talk to dot Tommy Tommy.
Speaker 6: Big Deal dot com tom part of the Bill Simmons podcast right now, part of the Netflix universe.
Speaker 1: He carries himself a little little different. Oh yeah, he's got Netflix money. It was weird he was walking around. Did you see how slick he looked? No, I didn't see it. Oh he said.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can tell you that, But he just said he had a good inkling that things were happening and they were gonna be okay. And then he said, and I'm going to be back with you guys this year. I was like, I know, that's great.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's good. Oh yeah, sure, did you know that?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thanks. I didn't know. We don't know. I didn't know. Nobody told me. Did you talk to him? Yeah? Oh okay, yeah, there you go. Well, thank you. I'm glad he's back. I had no idea.
Speaker 6: Squid Game, Stranger Things, Ozar, Pella, Sero, right, Charles Manson documentaries, They had it all on net.
Speaker 1: Does he have a sponsor? If you know what I mean? Is that why he's back? I believe, so, okay, all right, cool. Nobody tells me that.
Speaker 6: I believe they were, you know, and I believe he was making sure that that his new contract allowed for him to still do this, which is cool on his part that he's like, well, for sure, sure, I'm doing the Bill Simmons podcast and the Ringer NFL show and all this stuff, but I want to be on the Power Trip too, And they're like, yeah, go go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's great, he gets it, Yeah, he gets I talked to Adam Feeling. Yep, he's great.
Speaker 6: See on the feeling on the sidelines ruining Kos's offense.
Speaker 2: He was, He was on the sideline with his two boys and uh Randall Moss talked him for a bit and it was cool listen to him and Bieber Bieber go back and forth about football.
Speaker 1: That was cool. Sure Johnson was there too. Is he on Twitter? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Let me look it up, hann Ron Johnson, I'm Johnson. Former Julia Daniels was there Twitter? Yeah, it's at three round Johnson. But okay, is she on Twitter? Yes, she is on social media.
Speaker 1: Whop.
Speaker 2: He short circuited, And then I went to Excelsior and played for like ten thousand people last night.
Speaker 1: Oh and saus I almost got a fight over you me. Yeah, a physical fighter, a verbal fight, oh, a physical fight? What? Yeah? Yeah? Wow. Man. There was a guy standing behind the stage going boo, you're a bully boo, and he was serious. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I walked by him like yeah, yeah, you know, I thought he was joking. And then I came back by again and he was doing it again, and I walked over to Scooter. I go, you should tell him to leave her. I'm gonna hit him in the face.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he was serious. Oh yeah, interesting. Yeah, he doesn't get the bet. I don't know, but he was very rude, okay, jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I said, nobody likes Sauce. Shut up. So I'm bullying you. Yeah, you're a.
Speaker 8: Bully, bully, bully, Yeah, I know. He goes, Corey, stop bullying him. I'm the other one, that's what you say. I'm the other one. You thought you were, Corey.
Speaker 1: No, he knows me. He just wanted to do he wanted to be a d word. Oh well that guy sucks. Yeah, he's talking about that guy sucks. He was defending you.
Speaker 6: So now you're not even defending the guy that was defending you.
Speaker 1: No one defends me. What about what about Kelly? Max defend Max defends you? What about Kelly? Yeah? What about Tommy? Tommy likes you? Yeah? Is he coming in today? Who knows?
Speaker 2: You know how I was talking to you about this, but uh, in front of me were ten thousand people loving me. There was one guy behind me who was doing me and that's the only one I wanted to talk to.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's the definition of why social media is bad for you, right, because for sure, you could have a billion people listening to the show, but if three people think that your segment sucks, you're going to spend the rest of the day figuring out where they work so you can send them email.
Speaker 2: I know, and I think that might be indicative of what we do for a living. Because the very beginning of Burrero show yesterday, because I had to drive from.
Speaker 1: Egan to Excel EXCELSIU, which wasn't his bads.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be they're finally getting thirty six ninety four fixed over by thirty five. But anyway, I'll listen to Barrow and his first thing that I heard him say was something about an emailer email again and saying is practice, guys, your clowns and then a clown emotion and he was pissed about the clown emogen. But that's neither here nor there, because the email he was reading was from one point fifteen. He wasn't even on the air yet he went back through commons emails and found one.
Speaker 1: That pissed him up and like, wow, people know how to get to him. Geez, was that Cliff from red Wing? Not this time didn't have a signal? Oh the Cliff had moment he got through excelsior brilliant. You know, you know the misnomer.
Speaker 6: You know how we always say, like, I like to think that I'm pretty good at not caring about what people think, especially like again to the ten thousand things you just said, ten thousand people like you, one person doesn't, and it gets to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty good about that, right.
Speaker 6: I understand that by definition this job, you're going to have a huge group of people that just for whatever reason, and they have every right to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh, sure they don't like you. They don't think you're.
Speaker 6: Good, they don't think you're funny, they don't whatever. It's great, whatever.
Speaker 1: That's me in the mirror. Sure, oh that's man that morner you know, you know good.
Speaker 6: The misconception is, though, like for people like me that quote don't care what people think, it's still better to be liked than not liked. It's not like I care that the people that I want, the people whose opinion I truly value because I know I work with them, or I would live with them, or I'm sure you want.
Speaker 1: Them to like you.
Speaker 6: I'm just not one of those guys that have some random that I've never met who doesn't know me, doesn't like me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, yeah, there's a whole bunch of.
Speaker 6: Actors or bands or people in the public that I don't think are good, and I don't know if they're bad people. I don't care, but I have every reason not to like them. I don't want them to like feel bad about that?
Speaker 1: Right? So who cares? Right now? It's always better to be liked and not liked.
Speaker 2: Here's the thought I had too as I was driving home last night, still thinking about the gentleman who was booing me behind the stage.
Speaker 1: He's listening right now, going I got it, Yeah, I know he won.
Speaker 2: I was driving home thinking I want because I was thinking, do like real celebrities get people who come up to them and say, like, you blew up that hospital, Heath Ledger, I hate you for that.
Speaker 1: I mean probably you know what I mean, just a complet leat misconception where they basically, well they don't know reality. Right. I'm sure that's the scariest version of not liking somebody.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, well, you hate me for a character I played in a movie that wasn't really me. Like, did somebody come up to, uh, the one guy who's the bad guy in Odysseus and the audience and say, uh, you try to steal his wife?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: And he must be like, what's son of a bitch man?
Speaker 2: That's how I felt when the guy was bowing me, Yester, I'm like, you don't understand Sus is one of my best friends. Sure we rip on each other, but he loves me more than anybody else in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I saw a clip on Instagram a couple of days ago Will Ferrell doing a podcast and he was talking about how some lady came up to him and said something like, hey, I'm a big fan of yours, but like Larry David's much better, and Will Ferrell like laughed, same thing. Thought she was kidding, No big deal, right, right, But then apparently she wouldn't let it go about how serious she was at Larry David's funnier and at one point Will was like, oh, this is not a bit anymore. Now she literally wants to tell me that I am funny but not nearly as funny as Larry David. And he went like, get out of my face, you dang loser, you know, But what's funny is then Hawk's gonna go. The thing that sucks is so she's the loser, right, She's in the wrong. But now she goes and tells everybody, Oh, Will Ferrell's an a hole in real life. He's a terrible person. Yeah, he's short temper. I tried to say hi to him and he was an absolute jerk to me. And then she tells the entire world that Will's a jerk, and Will was like, she wouldn't let it go, right, what is he supposed to do? So, Yeah, there's some people you just can't please and that's why you can't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that doesn't work for me.
Speaker 2: But yes, yeah, I had a lady up to walk to me at a show a couple of weeks ago and said, hey, blah blah blah, I haven't seen you in a while. I'm like, cool, I don't you know, And then she goes, you know, by the way, I love that song you got You and Michael Shines sing called Weeds.
Speaker 1: I don't know what she's talking about. It must be a lyric from one of the songs that you sing or something. Never sang a song with Michael with the Oh for sure? Okay, I'm sure who she thought it was. No, I didn't. Yeah, listen, you ever get this? I got this in the last week. You ever get this one?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 6: Still doing that radio thing? I go, yeah, almost twenty five years. Yeah, I listened to caffeine in a couple of decades. Cool, thanks for Sherry.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know that A long time since I listened to cafan. You're still doing that? Yeah? Yeah, still doing that? No, no, no, I work in NASA.
Speaker 9: Do you guys ever get the I thought you'd be uglier than you are. No, lie to you a lot, or hey, I thought.
Speaker 1: You'd be pattered?
Speaker 9: Oh oh okay, that's a good way to start a conversation with somebody you've never met.
Speaker 1: I get that a lot I heard.
Speaker 2: I had a person came up to me the other end. Again, I'm so grateful that anybody even comes up and says high. I can't believe we could do this job. I had a person come up to me at a gig the other day and go like this. I listened to the show for dad. I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I had no idea you were in a band. Ever mentioned it. I should talk more about it, so dinehard listener. They love it. They've heard every show y yeah, which is awesome. They didn't breaking news. You're in a band. You're a real good singer coming, Yeah, brilliant. Oh yeah, those are the best, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Most of the time, whenever somebody says some mean to me, I just take regretted. They think I'm Corey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to initials game dot com. Sure, yeah, thanks, thanks for the support. Do you get are you Mustard a musket? Are you? But most of the time he gets that yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. He was there yesterday. He was Michael J. Musten the third. He must have left her a hockey. Yeah. I was gonna say, oh good, he didn't say by it to anybody.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I heard he was there, now I never saw him. Yeah, he just took off.
Speaker 10: Cool.
Speaker 1: We need to talk about practice though, huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, practice man, we can do that when you get when we get back, if one, and by the time we get back, we'll find out if Tommy's on.
Speaker 1: The show today.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's on his corner.
Speaker 11: Cool.
Speaker 1: Good. Yeah, man, I think he's going to gut her helmet at gutter helmet MN dot com. Never clean your gutters again. He definitely should wear a gutter helmet.
Speaker 6: He for sure should. Yes, in Vegas, yeah, or anywhere you have a gut her helmet. I do yet, I believe I listened every day. I've never heard you mention that.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I have got her helmet. Gut her helmet MN dot com the best. So does Gersey.
Speaker 1: I didn't see Gersey yesterday. No, they weren't there yesterday. No. Yeah, practicing it at two on the nut yeah yeah, well yeah, Rosie showed up. He was there at like eleven fro He seemed very tired, yes, didn't he? Yes, Well he's tired of this entire station. Here's my favorite bit.
Speaker 9: Uh, there's a young man who because there's older Vikings alum that'll show up right, and they always have a cart there to offer them a ride. And uh, I'm sitting there, it's eleven forty eight. I look over who's getting to ride on the cart? Common and I'm like, I go, you'd Savage Rosen if he rode for you can see the entrance it's like one hundred and fifty feet And he's like, well, yeah, I just wanted to ride. I wanted to feel what it's like to be rosy. I'm like, okay, but yeah, they give you a ride.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean golf carts are fun, Yeah, more fun to drive them to be a passenger in.
Speaker 1: Then for sure. Did Rosie eventually get a ride to the booth? I didn't. He just kind of showed up his howk Hawk's correct. He seemed tired.
Speaker 2: He seemed just on the verge of falling asleep. Yeah, yes, yeah, And he's like, I gotta go back on with Colin in a half hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like how excited? Yeah he seemed bored? Yeah. Did he mention Jeff Golday.
Speaker 5: Or Kyle Hamlin or Kyle Murphy? Can he mention any of those or Vikings or NFL players.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about yesterday, Darius Thomas. It happened like this, Yes, it did. It happened like this. Yep, It's gonna happen all of us. It's happening to me right now. Hasn't happened to me? What if you looked over and.
Speaker 12: It was Max, and Max really truly does have sauces back. You drove all the way to License. He drove all he drove all the way to Excelsior just to yell at Chris and ruin the show.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell that this whole thing was real or not.
Speaker 11: Yeah, bullying, my.
Speaker 4: Guy, Paul's a lot of.
Speaker 1: It wasn't It wasn't look great on him. Oh see the bullying has stopped. You feel better? Yesterday goes would you get dressed in the dark? I'm like, oh my god, did he say that to Yeah? Wows great? Yeah, I'm like, no need brace. I didn't knee brace.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We think Tommy Yilson will join in a second. We'll talk about Vikings training game. They were at the joint practice yesterday. These guys were and they can break it down. Ben Lieber in like an hour and change, Tommy in a second Power Too mony show.
Speaker 1: Fan whe pay full price win.
Speaker 10: You have some great shows to the Ledge Amphitheater this year. John mullaney will be there this Saturday, August twenty second. Black Label Society. We'll be there on September twenty fifth. At the complete details on all of our ucoming shows at the concert page acafe dot com.
Speaker 11: Hereward calendar, Good friends, All right, here we are.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday. Yes, Thomas will be here momentarily. Ben liber will be in in a bed chance. I can't wait to hear Saucy's observations about Yeah, man, dive in.
Speaker 1: Let's go practice.
Speaker 8: This is the diamele some bitch.
Speaker 1: I think you're sweet color that you're wearing. Thank you. I heard you do really well last night. I had a lot of fans in the crowd. Is that right? I gotta talk about mics on right. Good morning Tommy, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi Tommy. Have a seed.
Speaker 5: You guys.
Speaker 1: This is the season? Yeah? Two weeks from today is the season. Yes, there's the season. Two weeks from today. Ghosts are going to be up about fifty that's right, baby.
Speaker 6: So you and saus have a bet, right forty three and a half. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: Did you see they came out with like the top of three hundred teams including D two and D three teams, and we were about thirty eighth.
Speaker 1: I think, look close to the mic. They're sweet, right, thirty eight thirty eighth and then uh, this team was behind Mankato State and the Louse no kidding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the team that we're playing is behind Mankato. Wint to loose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like two hundred and fiftieth or something, so sauce. What if they agreed?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: What would be devastating for my friend and his dad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, thank you, thank you. I didn't ask about that. I mean, i'd have to find if they have any cool gifts on the internet. I'd have to use those a few times. But no, it would be devastating. They're going to No, no, they won't lose.
Speaker 1: They won't lose. It would just suck if they linger. You know, do they have to God Banger? Yeah? So good. You guys think a click when you hear that song, which I've.
Speaker 6: Never seen clicking Cranberry's never seen.
Speaker 1: You've never seen click. It's up there with do you know how I Love? It's a wonderful life? Yeah, I would like check your whole life clicks in that category, and his guys in it too. Two movies I've never seen. Who's his guy? Dave Swartz, Swarts and Dave both of Matthews. I think he's that and Dave and oh yeah, Peach was a practice yesterday, Tom.
Speaker 11: I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you see his shoes? I want to shoot just notice his shoes. I didn't notice. He was just wandering around and people were leaving alone. It was the craziest thing. He's got good looking legs, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: Didn't notice he runs a lot. I guess I didn't see anything other than his face or his legs.
Speaker 1: What three or four players on each of those teams? Yeah, so cashman bitman of the two obvious ones. Daniel.
Speaker 6: I think he got traded from the Giants to the Jags. I think, yeah, Oh really about yeah?
Speaker 1: Follow? How do you say it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: He signs a one year deal with the Giants because he was following Harbaugh from the Ravens to the Giants, Right, that's the Ravens connection. Okay, so he follows Harball one preseason game and they trade him to Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: No weird.
Speaker 6: That sucks but apparently the Jags need some offensive line help and he'll play.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 6: I was like, just let me get you out of here, right, So you want to go play, go down to Florida. That's where olymp Biscuits from. Get down there, you guys.
Speaker 13: I got a name for you to go for a season, Jim know, a name that's gonna actually that no one's really talking about.
Speaker 1: That's going to be really good.
Speaker 7: Go on.
Speaker 1: We have the obvious ones like Anthony.
Speaker 6: Smith, Drake and Drakes, Creig Johnson and Thomas Darius Thomas.
Speaker 1: Oh really, did something happen somebody take a wild game? Oh? Yeah, okay he did that though. Noah Jennings transfer from Auburn buckle up a position Auburn receiver, receiver? Why did he flip?
Speaker 6: I have no idea more money or position, playing time?
Speaker 1: More playing time? If I had to guess, maybe saw Drake's arm. I don't know. Last three national championships are big ten teams, right, there's something to be said there, I know.
Speaker 13: And then you come here and be the guy too, compared to just being another number at Auburn, Like, come on, and I heard he's been flashing anywhere.
Speaker 1: So the thirteen, Like Bateman, I don't. I don't know his entire story, So give me, give me, give me his arc. Yeah, what do you mean? Give me Noah's ark? How did he get from here to no I don't know, but he's from Auburn and I heard he's just been flashing that practice.
Speaker 13: And then we have an Oklahoma tight end that transferred in that's looking really good. You guys, this season we have just as much talent as we did in twenty nineteen or more. Debatabilieve, I have a lot of bad ideas.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of bad ideas. Yeah, this isn't one of them, hear me out. Huh.
Speaker 6: You wait about halfway through the season where Noah Jennings is playing really well, and then you have him lead the team out of the tunnel for a home game and all of the Gophers behind him are in pairs of two based on height.
Speaker 1: So it looks like they're paired up. Brilliant and put him in a boat because we're rowing anyway. My gosh, I knew you were going to take idea at the next level sells itself, he did. Do you go the England row thing? Do you guys know about that. Yeah, and the rumor wasn't that the Gophers were going to steal it. They are, they are. He's leaning into it like he's gonna lead the crowd. No, oh, Paul, this is a fun season. We're staying happy this year. We're being happy. Man, here's the deal.
Speaker 6: What percentage of Vikings fans do you think the Vikings created the skull chant?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Like, how many people have already forgotten that we asked for permission to steal that?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, And we asked, But.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, like, I think most people now just think, oh, that's the Vikings bid.
Speaker 1: Most I do.
Speaker 6: If the Gophers do this and do it right and the fans lean all the way in, I think in ten years we're gonna forget that we stole it from Norway in the World Cup.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, I think you're correct. That's move on. We have like the skull chan and then the row thing. We pretty fun, pretty cool, uh fans? You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: That's you're going to be more excited for the rowing than most of the games you go to, because you're going to be point two.
Speaker 1: Just rowing that boat, you do. You know what I'm really looking forward to. They have Parlor Burger in the open end zone. That hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're catching a good buzz, you need another, you know, to keep it going. Parlor is so good, so good. That's the second time somebody something about parlor this week. It's the best is it's a mount Rushmore Berger, Minnesota, not question. The button is outstanding, so good.
Speaker 11: The only cheeseburger actually, like, really, I don't like Cheese's parlor.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, Fargar flashes telling me that Noah played for Sincy not Auburn.
Speaker 11: You think about Perry Thompson.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks Tom, I thought you played football. Okay, okay, which one do you like? That?
Speaker 6: Noah from Cincinnati not the kid from Auburn. Noah Jennings from Cincinnati is the kid that's the real.
Speaker 1: It's been flashing a ton Okay, yeah, big time. He's the second best Noah. Ever, I'm not talking about the guy with the arc. I'm talking about the guy from uh Wiley from the Crevor Noah talking.
Speaker 2: About Noah from the Fantastic film where the two old people die in the bed together.
Speaker 1: Oh, the notebook the notebook.
Speaker 6: Oh geez, I thought you were like the old people that die together Titanic when they're drowned. So good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, many, this is a real this is a real movie. Relaxed, cor I think there might be five guys that gets drafted from this this this team. That's how this team is. Come on, now, you're just gonna give sauce money. I'm not kidding that at least five number five and a half. So you're not saying next year.
Speaker 6: You're saying five current players will be in the NFL at some point.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying. No, I'm saying next year. Oh god, I'm trying to help you under five and a half. Put it at five. Push it five. Well, they'll push at six making no, No, that'd be the line would be six. Then, no, it's too five. I make my I bet at five because we're friends. Would be fun to push too, Sure, Okay, five it is friends. Push these days? You want a hundred bucks? Yeah, to fifty to fifty Yeah, we'll forget about it, forget forget. I know you guys. I got two years for them to really turn it around. But there'll be three. They'll start three at all. Do you guys see eighth in slinging that thing at the Commanders. No, Hockey didn't see it. He looks like Kirk Cousins out there.
Speaker 5: No joke, No joke eighth and callia manager lighting it up in the preseason commanders.
Speaker 1: Yeah when they draft? Yeah, Amen.
Speaker 6: Front Page Sports Next, Tommy Olson is here. This is the Power Too Morning Show on the Fan from the one Great Minnesota Get Together. It is almost here.
Speaker 10: Visit the KFA n Booth in Carousel Park, presented by Mesh, Besher and Spence. Catch live shows, shop new Kfan merch and get a free original chicken sandwich from Chick fil A with every purchase while supplies last. Details at KFA dot com slash Fair. See you on August twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: Not easy to do a commercial about blowing hydraulic coasters when Tommy sitting beside it.
Speaker 1: Or transmission, when whoa, whoa? What happens in those vehicles? That's who's talking about.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to your little Power two Morney show. We got sports to talk about, no matter, should we do that?
Speaker 6: Corse?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 10: Time now for Front Page Sports, presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 5: Holiday Station Stores for a limited time. Four Mountain dews for just eight bucks. Four for eight Mountain dew ice cool Mountain dews. Get him right there at holiday.
Speaker 1: Indeed, drink Mountain second day in a row. Yeah, do you ever have the Mountain New zero? No good? I can't even tell. The difference is that it's great, wow. Interesting. I like sugar, I know, but too much. You know who cares?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: I agree with some sugar cool? Thanks Holiday, Thank you Holiday? All right.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you guys went to training camp yesterday because there's not much going on in sports, so we're gonna need to fill the air with your hot takes.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, you want to go first us? And sure.
Speaker 9: I think Donovan Jackson is a going to be a really good guard. When they did their one on ones right over by the Kafan booth, like super close to it. He's a very good player that they found something in that kid. Will Fries has now got a little mean streak to him. He almost gotten a couple of fights yesterday. He's improved. So the offensive line on the interior is going to be good. Their only issue, I think is the shotgun snaps with Blake Brandle. I think has been a little bit of an issue, but they can work on that. The offense was a little slow to go. The first team offense, I thought McCarthy through some of the best footballs he's thrown, probably in all of camp. The defense, our first team defense is on the other side of the field, so I couldn't see that. But yeah, I think the offensive line is going to be really good. And Dallas Turner from the bits I heard yesterday, is having a monster camp.
Speaker 1: Was Derris a playing, Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's kind of crazy. He's the couple every time, is it Trey Hendrickson or Trey hendricks Is back up? No, no, no, no.
Speaker 9: The defensive end for that was with the Bengals and now is with the Ravens. I walked out every time he lined up against darrisaw. Pa was like, hey, there's a one, so like we all kind of watched. That was fun to watch. It's you know, it's one one v one, it's yeah, yeah, so yeah good. And Daris saw is outstanding. Yeah, he's really good.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to hear what Benjamin says when he gets here.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was I was a little surprised by how negative all the the stuff I saw online was after because, uh, I didn't expect our offense to.
Speaker 1: Go out and just uh, you know, stump ass on the on the Ravens yesterday. Yeah, I thought that. You know.
Speaker 2: Obviously, by the end of the practice things looked really, really good. I thought Mason looked fantastic. That kid's gonna have a great year. Uh, and especially in the new running scheme and stuff like that. But but we're still figuring out how to do things in the offense and to go up against a quality defense like that for the first time. I didn't expect us to just go gangbusters, and I didn't think we looked terrible.
Speaker 6: It's funny you said that because I go I was listening to comment in Tendabee though, and they were.
Speaker 1: Like Jesus, I mean, they were like, whoa is this bad?
Speaker 6: So they oh, they said the Vikings are terrible yesterday and they weren't doing a bit.
Speaker 1: They were like, you, this is you know, it's interesting about that good. I was standing right there where they were standing. You can't see crap. There were yeah, yeah, there was a couple of.
Speaker 9: Well, no, there were a couple instances were like talk's point that Raven's defense has played like they're you know, they played together, they know what they're doing. There were But the other thing that everybody always says about campus, we don't know what the play is, right like that, the job of Kyler may have been like, hey, you know, throw it to Justin Jefferson and then you know, the route doesn't go the right way and they just don't throw it right, or he throws it short because he doesn't want to get his guy hit because it's live other than the quarterback. So there, But when they got into the two minute drill, they were dominant.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Really, Oh they were done it. Yeah. When they play fast paced kind of you know, real life, break life bullets, yeah they were.
Speaker 9: They were really good, the ones and the twoes. Yeah, especially and I've hammered him, especially McCarthy. Really Carthy played really well yesterday.
Speaker 6: But here's so here's the comeback, right, because tenn to be in common brought this up because they were at joint practices last year when it was against the Patriots. They've said multiple times in the last handful of days, if you had asked them last year, the Vikings looked so much better than the Patriots. Right, men amongst Boys, Vikings were mostly terrible. The Patriots made the Super Bowl. Yeah, so it doesn't matter. But still you can still call it like you see it on a daily basis and say, geez, we finished pretty strong in the two minute drill. Yeah for sure, But that's the that's always the disclaimer, right with preseason football or even joint practices.
Speaker 1: Does it really matter?
Speaker 6: Because to your point, sauce, how do we know that the uh, the Ravens weren't trying something different in a two minute drill and implementing a brand new look and it just didn't work in they'll never use it again.
Speaker 1: You have no idea. So it's just this is practice.
Speaker 6: It's just so hard to tell where there where their players, though, that stood out, like, does Miles Price continue to stand out? Because obviously that's one of the big time Yes, did you see is he gonna be wide receiver three? I think he might be over Jennings? Really, I don't know, I don't know discussions. Does it even matter if you're three or four?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Good too?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, if you're if you're getting a whole bunch of snaps, does it does it matter who's quote three and who's four?
Speaker 1: If the snap number is close. It might not matter who's two from what U Dylan's saying, that only matters who's maybe Kalis Campbell. Who they have is the biggest human being.
Speaker 9: I've ever seen you Monster, the monster, the sixty seven or ninety seven guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dude. You see how big is I think he's six eight three thirty? Yeah, I can't believe can't believe it. I can't believe him, man, because we were standing right here for both of them. Yes, Kolis is a giant man huge. And then how old is he? He's getting up there? Thirty eight? But you should see them all come up to Randy Moss. Well, yes, you should see him all come up to him. That's cool, it's the coolest. Is he still cool?
Speaker 2: He's got you know what, He's all covered up because he didn't, you know, want to make a big deal out of himself being there.
Speaker 1: But he looked like he wasn't feeling great either, you know. Still he recovered, you know what I mean? Yeah, but he's still Randy Moss, Moss, everyone respects him. Then running back for Baltimore, Derrick Henry, How he.
Speaker 2: Looks, my god, he looks like like a gladiator doesn't really that's what you know. What I didn't, that's the purfure. He looks like a gladiator. He walked by to go do some press without his pads on, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: My god, well he's the crazy part that he looked that way in high school. Unreal. His high school numbers like look like unbelievable, unreal, but like hard because he's so big. Does he just when he runs, like when you saw him live close like close action, does he just kind of float? Yeah, like one of those guys like there's no way he's hitting four four, but he is running a four to four. Yep. It's a huge thing. By the way, Kalis Campbell will be forty on September.
Speaker 6: That's that is one of those first names where we just well, it's the only Kalaiis I know on the face of the earth. So he's a monster, right, He's an unstoppable for He's had a great career. If you name your kid Khalais and he's not an NFL player, like if he's on the chess team, yeah, the best ever. You better be a freaking athlete. If your name is Kalais, you're getting pushed into a locker and then somebody's gonna be on the side of the stage going stop bullying him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boom boom. Yeah. I think I saw Kalais in The Odyssey a couple of weeks ago. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it does something, an honest sure does so. Yeah, you know what else I had doing? And I mentioned this to Been and I can't wait to talk to him. But when he gets here, JJ threw a great touchdown pass. It was to Miles, wasn't it, sussy?
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah, and his teammates were nuts for him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They want him to be good. Yeah, and he can tell they they know. It's almost like this kid needs us to have his back. And maybe that's good, maybe that's bad. I'm not sure, you know, but they went extra nuts for him and it was a good throw.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. It was probably the best thing. They want him to be good. Yeah, they really do. Went Scott zero snaps, Yes, zero, it was. So they are sticking with the he is the backup for sure.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 9: I think coach said yesterday that you know, I don't he didn't. I'm paraphrasing, but he said basically like it's subject to change, but as of now he's the backup, but he he went out and played really well and wentz just stood on the sideline the whole practice.
Speaker 2: If it needs reps, it's j J. If anybody is okay with less, that's the other thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know it. It's great and they're doing it again today. That was beautiful weather, beautiful weather. It just it's super awesome. Man. Yeah, it's fun. They get after man, they this isn't like half speed. Did they tackle down to the ground a couple of times? A couple of times but got thrown to the ground. They had a fight. Don't you love that? They were warned heavily not Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 9: Coach and I'm sure the coaches get together and say, you know this is hard thud, but you know you don't hammer McCarthy or you know, hammer justin.
Speaker 1: We won't hammer Derek. You're off the team. You don't take them to the ground. He's outstanding. Isn't that good? I wish I could see that far. He was on the other side of the Ravens offense Vikings defense. As far you say that's offense.
Speaker 2: You had the Vikings offense versus the Ravens defense on this field. And at the exact same time, you had the Ravens offense versus the Vikings defense on this field, so they're on the fifield, so they're both the same time. The crowd had a better view of that than we did. Okay, see our offense a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's did you see he went to America after the flowers and stuff. They're on SpongeBob just taking that ultimate dip. Bro, that's a very extreme coaster. That's straight down, man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess they ran out of pretzels yesterday. Course, I told you about rock Bottom SpongeBob go on back in college. But when Eddie and I tried to ride it, they wouldn't let you fit. No, it didn't come all the way down. You had to get off. Yeah that sucks. I think that happened in Nord to Wana kids ride with one of his kids. Did that happen to you in second grade? Yeah? That guy's gonna boo you again.
Speaker 4: It was Mags.
Speaker 6: Yeah, didn't Delta charge you for two seats once?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I'm not at that. No, Yeah, what at what point do you have to be that big deal? I don't know. I don't know. Good question, that's tough. Yeah, I've had a belt extender. Funny. Just hope you use the spotter. No, oh god, plane travel on a plane, got it? Got it? No, No, I don't. Let's not do it. No, I never know. We don't need that to go down that direction. No, we need to keep Tommy around there the spot Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, I'll tell you something, all right.
Speaker 6: What really matters is next scores and stats around the world of sports, and in.
Speaker 1: Between Crystal change your life with something else more morning after this on the For more information about contests on the station, you go to KFA dot com slash.
Speaker 6: Rules, download the free iHeartRadio apps, search the Late Round, Fantasy Football, PLAIG.
Speaker 11: Game or concert.
Speaker 10: We're giving away tickets to Jack White, Journey and plenty MOREFA dot com here contest for your shot to win Journey.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yeah, that's right. I think their tours back on. They're coming in.
Speaker 2: I think yeah it's over. Yeah, that's what they're saying. Yeah, we'll see, we'll see, ready, we'll see. Hey, welcome back, Patrick Morny John a lovely Thursday morning. That's day of the week. Tommy's here, ben Joe's on his way in Castow, thousands.
Speaker 1: Lots to get to that. Hey, you think we'll be able to go to Benzi's cabin? What are the odds? Pretty good? Pretty long? Ask him? In a half hour, I'm gonna ask him. You mean for like an entire group weekend? Yeah? Remember New Year's I'd say almost zero. I wonder if he's asked his fam about it, you know, float to the idea?
Speaker 6: Yet if hey family, the entire powerships also coming over and spending a couple of nights with us.
Speaker 1: I know I've been going every weekend for the past three months because of football. But you think we can go up to the New Year's It will be bad? You guys excited for October twenty fourth? Yeah, I can't wait. What's that? Your birthday? Birthday was a test? That's a that's birthday weekend, birthday weekend band? You guys, there's zero excuse I've been inviting you for literally six months? Have you invited swabed?
Speaker 6: I actually haven't to be honest, Okay, good because I mean honestly, if he's there, then the chances that I show up is almost zero.
Speaker 1: You guys, it's going to be so fun. It's to stripe out that day so you can wear maroon or gold.
Speaker 6: We can do the new row thing that we got from Norway. Who do they is that the Iowa been Iowa game? You know that's a good game, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The week two weeks before that we played Michigan at home. That'd be another fun one October fourth schedules toups this year. But that's why I think we should go to Banning atil four October fourth one. I don't think I've been there since like two thousand and three. And its Schmols and my dad's birthday weekend, so big weekend, all right, what.
Speaker 6: Really matters his scores and stats around the world? Sports in between Crystal change your life with something else, and it's fret you by Ovo Lasik and Lens doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David Whit didn't go get Lasik at Ovo Lasik and Lenz.
Speaker 1: All right, this isn't good.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you guys saw this, but man Olivia miles significant limp walking off the court last night. She stepped on Collier's foot, rolled her ankle. It didn't look good. I have no idea what they're saying so far, I haven't seen an update. I'm sure they're gonna do some testing. But that was a legit limp.
Speaker 1: That wasn't like it? Oh wow, that was a right.
Speaker 6: They go on to win seventy seven sixty six. But all eyes on the ankle of Olivia Miles. So she had twenty eight of ten shooting. By the way, that's what she does. Links up to thirty and seven, and I believe is this right? Do you guys do they play these teams that many times? Because the ESPN dot com said that the links are nine and oh against the Valkyrie the life last two years. I know we're three and oh against them this year. Did we play them six times in twenty twenty five and go six and oh wow?
Speaker 1: Is that accurate? Did they play them in the layoffs? Perhaps?
Speaker 6: And maybe if somebody look it up quick, did we really go six and oh against them last year? It is definitely three and o this year. And like Hawk just said, we play him in a couple of days again, we play at Washington first on Friday, And I think, why do I think we host them?
Speaker 1: Do we host the Valkyries on like Sunday or Monday. I thought it was Monday. I thought I heard something like some of the game on.
Speaker 6: The way home, we're thirty and seven, thirty and seventh, damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it wasn't even close last night. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But when I got in the truck to drive home, actually she was talking about how it's been a domination from the very beginning in this one.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no kidding, And they were stopping awards. Yeah, there's six and o against the Valkyrie. Wow, last two years?
Speaker 5: Uh no, okay, wait, no, it's a seven and oh all time because the Valkery. Oh yeah, they only started last year.
Speaker 6: That's what I thought. That's why I'm like when ESPN said nine and oh, like, how is it even possible? Yeah, that's a lot weird way to go, ESPN. And what really matters, though, is this fire and Tom Maybe that's why your fact check because that seemed like a number that was too big, But I wasn't sure.
Speaker 1: What really matters is this Some phrases from Victorian England that we use.
Speaker 2: Here's one for you, the drop of a hat, at the drop of a hat, oh yeah, the colorful, colorful expression of course, means a person willing to undertake a certain action at a moment's notice. In Victorian days, horsey races and boxing matches were often started not with a pistol, but literally dropping a hat.
Speaker 1: Why I went straight more a bid.
Speaker 6: I just assume maybe it's like a hat falls off when you're in a guillotine or something.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, why would they wear a hat? Yeah, I mean tillok.
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't want to show their bald spot. Yeah. Oh, a good point, because the whole crowd's watching got a cover up that ball spot. Yeah. I showed up once.
Speaker 6: A princess Buttercup had come out to wave the entire crowd, and I just bowed the hell out of her.
Speaker 1: She'd had enough, you know, sweet little butter Cup. She what is that? Princess Buttercup? That's what's the movie. He's not here anymore now. I it would almost be abuse now, yep, yep.
Speaker 6: Most likely back in the day, it would be like, oh, he should be able to figure this out and he just didn't. Now it would be like, so, Rosie, I was in Europe last to Fall, and uh, the princess, Princess Buttercup walked out and I just boot her. I just I know I'm an American and that's rude, but I just boot her. And I was like, you had a true love, but you're gonna marry Prince Humperdink in a little less a half hour. I mean, come on, man, what are you doing? And I we just boor and he'd be like, wow, well what country is this? Well, yeah, Jeff gold Day, it's Jake.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple of times. We all make mistakes. Yeah, we all make mistakes. Yeah. I walked up to and said, how you doing?
Speaker 9: He goes, I am, hey, Rosi, are you excited to be here at practice one?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do today? Taking nap times? Rosie? You want to use this golf cart to get to and fro my?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Hoop in, buddy, Rosier, are you excited to go on with Common? I had no idea You're on in three minutes, buddy, hurry up? What? Yeah? I know it's all right, my turn right? Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh. The Minnesota Twins, look at this. They just kicked the hell out of the Braves. They win all three games in the series. They almost blew this one though they were up four to one. Then Atlanta Storms back back and ties it at four. But then Clemens and Lee had RBI singles in the seventh to make it six four twins and they go on for the sweep. Clemens with three RBI Kaylin Culpepper with three hits. Good for that kid, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Twins are off today.
Speaker 6: Then they're at Saucage squad the San Diego Dads Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, man, they shall your squad.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, I think you're twins at today they are in sole possession of that last wild card.
Speaker 1: Well let's go god game, time to go for a run. That'd be so sick. But what really matters is this breaking the ice. Breaking the ice yees refers to UH.
Speaker 2: A ship that pushed things forward by smashing through ice was a very important thing back in the day, the race to the North Pole and the Arctica exploration in general. We're in vogue back in the Victorian days and UH. The first use in a social context was traced back to Samuel Jackson prattz seventeen ninety five book Gleanings through Wales, Holland and Westphalia. So breaking the ice means literally breaking through the ice and We use that all the time, talking about uh having a hard conversation.
Speaker 1: M m yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It also comes up once in a while when Sauce plays pond hockey.
Speaker 1: I did fall through the ice?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: No? You didn't. Did it hurt your ear? Did Dave jump in?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: It wasn't great. It was only like two feet of water, but it scared the Jesus. That's scary. Your dad said, wow, yeah, real close. My dad heard the ice. That went good? Your dad farther? Yeah you sure. Your dad was like, Okay, that didn't work. What's playing? Yeah, you know it's early November, but that ice is pretty thick going out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can go out there there, handlings. Yeah, I want to have your burger, and I'll tell you such a great bit as in my turn of yours it's mine. Yeah yeah, daddy.
Speaker 1: See, I don't care about this and I do two of them. Core.
Speaker 11: This is for home.
Speaker 1: Sure go tonight, hawk, let's go. Two preseason football games are Raiders at Texans at seven and then Niners at Chargers at nine pm. Yeah, man, it is time. Yeah, so Glad plays to night Hawks day Yeah sure, yeah, that's cool. Yeah, yeah, I think it's on ESPN. I believe he'll probably play quite a bit. And from what I'm hearing, he's looking really good. Really, that's right. Well, that's cool, That's what I'm hearing. Will he start? You think over Kirk? It's well, but I think it's closer than it was. Really good for him. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. We'll be out there next a week from today, when't we saucer? Yeah, daddy, I guess the line from Vegas?
Speaker 1: Yea U Thomers. Are you guys doing like a little test round of where we're going to be recording?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The same place I did it from last year y circa yeah, right, book? Yeah, same place? Is that the place right next to the sports book? We're actually technically going to be in the sports book?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, like sitting in there? Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: There's there's nobody on the eer except for us at that time, so they just put us in a booth right there.
Speaker 6: Can I ask you guys a weird question of a hypothetical sports question? Of course, is there a team in the last thirty or forty years, like from our youth or at least from the days of your.
Speaker 1: Where you don't have any emotional connection.
Speaker 6: To them, but you would like to see them be good because for me, the Raiders, like I love the Raiders, like the bo Jackson era.
Speaker 1: I've never been a quote, you know whatever.
Speaker 6: I had the starter jacket, but so did everybody else in the world, Right, we all had Raiders starter jackets because we were all douchebags. Yeah, But my point is is, like the Raiders have mostly sucked for most of our lives. They had a couple of moments, right, the one with rich Gannon, Like, they've mostly been terrible. I don't know why part of me says it would be cool to see the Raiders have like ten years where they're a I don't know, a factor, like a major factor, because that doesn't really greatly impact the Vikings anyway.
Speaker 1: It's not like saying, hey, you know'd be nice if the Bears were good. Yeah, it's not who cares you guys.
Speaker 6: Can you think of a team in any sport where you're like, man, I wish they would go on like a fifth teen year run and just be a factor.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel about the as. I wish the A's would be good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the athletics or way back in the day, at the Montreal Expos that was a sweet team.
Speaker 1: Or the Bulls. I mean they've kind of sucks. See, the Bulls are a great example.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a that's that's almost exactly the Raiders equivalent in the NBA, Right, is that the Bulls have mostly sucked since Jordan. Again, they've had a couple of small windows. We would be kind of cool if they were back. So the premise top they have they have to suck.
Speaker 1: They can't be good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that they've mostly been worthless, and you would like to see them back on top or at least very close to the top.
Speaker 1: Bills. Yeah, but they've been really good now for years and years and years and years. I have one for you that's probably not gonna be popular. I hate when historically good college football teams are not good. So i'd like to see good again. Yeah.
Speaker 6: God, for like Florida State when they had that run a couple of years ago, it's like, hey, it's nice to have it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not right when they're not good. Bloods, they need to be good. It's like when Duke sucks in basketball and it feels like the whole season's away. Yeah, Nebraska being averages they should be great on offensive line and just run people over because you grew up in like the nineties when you fell in love with college football like that, that's when they were.
Speaker 5: And it makes it more special when those teams are good and then they go down. You know, It's like it's like in wrestling, when you build up the villain and they haven't lost in like years, and then the guy that you really want to win beats him, it means more that it was that guy.
Speaker 2: When Vandy beats Alabama, you want Alabama to have been a good team that Vandy earned a win.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like it's it's not as fun dancing on the cowboys grave right now because they genuinely suck, right, They're not, you know right?
Speaker 6: Can we flip it for a second, because here's here's the exact opposite. Partially this is partially because of their current specific roster, But I can tell you I don't care if the Cleveland Browns are ever good the rest of my life, Like, I have no interest in ever seeing them as send. I've hated them always. I think the color scheme is the worst color scheme of all time. They've almost always sucked my entire life. I think Deshaun Watson's garbage. So I don't want them the current iteration to succeed. I don't like if twenty years from you're like, man, they've never done anything. I go good, who cares? Don't care about Cleveland? Do you guys have a team that you never want to see succeed that isn't again a direct competitor of a Minnesota team, Like you can't say the Packers or something. You have a team that you just absolutely never care to see.
Speaker 1: When the.
Speaker 5: Cowboys, the Oklahoma City Thunder the Eagles for sure for me, and Denver Bronco Boys for me. I hate I hate the Broncos for some reason because the butthole eyes. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Like Tennessee, that's Max School volunteers. I was like, well, don't worry, brother, they're doing that job for you. Why don't you want to see the Tennessee volunteers do it? I was a Gator fan, and I just never really cared for Tennessee. They're they're I really want to know, there are oranges hideous and like their orange teams are bad. I know, but they're like on paper it should be my squad because it's an orange tea and orange is my favorite color? Is your favorite color with a bullet? No kidding? Oh, I just can't because thinks it's hideous. Oh yeah, she's right. No oranges all time. It's all time. And I love their new coach. Watch out for the Gators this year. My god, who's the head coach? Talk? Who's the I believe it's John Dennis. Yes, Rockies Dad, that's right. That's a fun question. I don't know those are those are really good? I like in Miami being good again in football is all time. But Michigan's about to be hideous. Wisconsin's about to be hiteous this year. I thought they're going to be good. I'm eating my words.
Speaker 6: But imagine, imagine being from any other city but Washington, DC. Like, imagine you're sitting in Phoenix, going, I can't wait for the Wizard to turn this thing around. Like nobody says that, right, nobody in the face of the horse, Like I'm waiting for the Wizards to really figure this thing out.
Speaker 1: Who cares if they suck.
Speaker 6: For the next forty years, it doesn't matter their team.
Speaker 1: But they're starting to load up. They get the first pick in the draft A J. Demons this year.
Speaker 6: They might make a big jump this year, but we've been waiting forever.
Speaker 1: And who cares if it works? Sleep, I don't care more of what really matters After this Power Trim Morning Chill on the Fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by the.
Speaker 10: You're All Access past to KF a n starts at KFA dot com slash Watch.
Speaker 11: You can just search KFN on YouTube.
Speaker 10: We can watch the Power Trip program password at exclusive interviews and more. Get close to the shows and personalities you love, powered by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 2: That's right, hey, welcome back to Patrick Morning Show on a lovely Thursday, best day of the week. Thomers is here loving at college football around the corner, the best, all happening, ladies and gentlemen right now. What is happening is what really matters, and Ben Laber is on his way in so so much to get you you tuned into the right show today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for doing so. We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Vita Vea of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ended his hold in with a one year extension. He gets six additional million this year twenty four next year, so thirty million dollars in new money. He's thirty one years old. Last month he asked for a trade, but then the Bucks were.
Speaker 1: Like, no, we're not trading you. You're really good. Is he still like an all pro? Yeah, he's very good. He's a beast. Uh huh. I don't know if he's all pro, but he's definitely.
Speaker 6: You know whatever Pro Bowl monster. He's a monster. So thirty million dollars. There's a new money. God, you know. Almost I wonder what the percentages when you have a public trade request in any sport, the percent chance that you stay with that team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what it is.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know how you track that, but almost always it means you're out the door. I mean, right's weird, but not always, just almost always.
Speaker 1: I think that's weird, Like for him to just be around again, like in the locker room and stuff, like you didn't want to be here, but now you're here.
Speaker 5: No, I think I think get the game. Yeah, that it's leverage, and it's your career.
Speaker 1: You got to get paid.
Speaker 6: If you think you're underpaid, you gotta do what's right for your career. So you might still love the city, love the team, love your teammates. You just feel like you're undervalued.
Speaker 1: You imagine that in a normal nine to Yeah, you know, we.
Speaker 6: Can't relate to feeling undervalued and complaining despite loving a job.
Speaker 1: Let's say you had contract coming up and hypothetically, hypathetically, let's just say that's a thing. I don't know if yeah either way, but like hypothetically it is, and you publicly came out side. I want to trade whoa, whoa? No, not like that, that's tomorrow. Well or you know, I want to trade, but think of that. You can't say that, but like for some reason, it's just fine in the NFL. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you walk around here like everything's fine.
Speaker 6: The difference is is like a regular job versus sports. Of course, it wouldn't be like I'm working at targeting. I'm like, trade me to Medtronic or I'm walking They go.
Speaker 1: What I'm talking about? So I know what you mean.
Speaker 6: It's it's tough to do that analogy and non sports, but I get it. It is weird to basically, but it is. It's leverage. That's the thing that correlates to the real world. Is if you have leverage, you should use it, and he's using it. Yeah, different maximize your value. What really though that matters is this.
Speaker 2: Wow, man, I just watched a golden mine collapse in Africa just swallow these people up.
Speaker 1: Like multiple people dead. Yeah, like from the last twenty four hours. It's just happened. It was just an old hours ago. Oh man.
Speaker 2: So they're all I think it looks like it's already collapsed a little bit and they're trying to help people, and then the rest of the ground goes underneath them and just swallows them up. Oh man, look at that. Holy moly, those everything you ever read about that? Oh my god, those gold mines, man, the diamond mines, they're gone, Zach.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's probably way more than.
Speaker 1: Ohof man, didn't mean to see that today. Goodness all right? I rock etymology on on words and phrases. Can we have sauce? Guess steel One's thunder is really really good? One one's thunder? He stole your thunder? Where'd that come from?
Speaker 11: Mad and drag?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a thor thing like old Greek mythology? Is that any financer? Yeah? This is Victorian. I knew that. I I don't know. Okay, steal one's thunder. Pretty interesting.
Speaker 6: Check nobody have any logical guests that they feel even remotely good about.
Speaker 2: You're gonna like this go on. Really interesting. So there was a playwright named John Dennis.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, John Dennis. Yeah, yeah, I used him.
Speaker 2: John Dennis invented a new way of adding storm sound effects to his productions. He came up with the idea of using oscillating metal sheets to reproduce the sound of thunder. Right, But then before his show ran, they canceled the show because nobody liked it and pre production, but they stole his idea of using those metal pieces to create thunder.
Speaker 1: So they literally stole his thunder. How great is that? Pretty good? That's pretty good way to go, John Dennis, you got two first names, go Rockies, Dad, Johnny Denny Man, I'm starving. You want Denny's, you want Trickfully, we were close to going to Denny's this past weekend.
Speaker 6: In right now, Oh, Dallas Wing's rookie Asy Fudd is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
Speaker 1: We talked earlier about Olivia Miles.
Speaker 6: Rolling her ankle, and that's something to watch if you're a Links fan, that could be really bad. We'll find out maybe today tomorrow. Who knows, but the number one pick in the draft who has been good. She's been good, but Miles has been much, much, much, much better. So thank you Dallas for picking an Aisy Fudd out for the year with a knee injury.
Speaker 1: We don't want to see that. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 2: This is something we've used before. Bug go ahead for the people who haven't heard it. And maybe Tommy didn't know this, but you've heard that.
Speaker 1: I'm sauscus again even though he's heard this. Pecon knows this. You've heard the phrase that person's mad as a hatter. You ever heard that phrase?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 1: Okay, have you guys? Yeah? But I also didn't retain is it what this is from? I mean, is it? There's got to be some kind of.
Speaker 6: Where like that profession makes you go nuts based on the elements or materials that you're working with, a mercury thing that you're.
Speaker 1: You guys, are right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: So if you remember there's a mad hatter character in Alice's in wonder Alice in Wonderland, that's because of this hat making involve the use of mercury, which overtime resulted in nasty side effects, including confusion and disorientation. They said it made you mad like a hatter, and that became mad as a hatter. Wow, yeah, Victorian era.
Speaker 1: Sauce poker face.
Speaker 6: How many characters besides Alice and the Mad Hatter can sauce? Name from Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland? But it can't be mad Hatter, can't be Alice?
Speaker 1: How many? Can you name? One more? One more? I think it's like three. I think he's gonna find like three? Is he of the real names? I'm gonna say four now that I think about it. Four.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I know what I think, I know what you're thinking. I don't know if he's going to think of those, Max.
Speaker 1: So you have his back? What is it forty? What do you think you can get all of them? Character?
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm in the middle.
Speaker 1: Put me in the middle. You wish Tommy give it a shot? I mean, no mad Hatter, no Alice. Go isn't like the Queen of Hearts one of them?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: Like the weed smoking worm?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I forgot about that guy. Do we give him the caterpillar. Yeah, yeah, sure, that's two. I've never seen it. Oh, dude, it's it's one of the most underrated ones. It's fantastic. It's a trip. Yeah, I love it. That's a top fiver for me for Disney story kicking. I'm sure, sure, yeah? Nice? Yeah, aren't there like chess pieces?
Speaker 6: I think you're just thinking of the cards I forgot Tom Petty he's in it. No, that's the I don't come around here, no more video. Okay, I've never seen to which toy stories are you thinking of?
Speaker 1: Tweedled and tweedled dumb? That's I'm sure which one? Tweetled tweedled dove. Yeah, yeah, we're on. We watched the second one. Could have gone with the could have gone with the white Rabbit. Oh yeah, oh yeah white rabbit. Yeah. You really like that Alis in Wonderland. Oh it's really trippy. Man, you didn't care for it. It was too much for me growing up. I could see that. I wasn't very kid friendly. I didn't. It's kind of scary for sure, man. I mean ches cats, the big one too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the cat that like gets weird disappears. You can't freak out smokes pot.
Speaker 9: Terrible.
Speaker 6: It wasn't terrible, by the way, if it wasn't, it wasn't bad like Willy Wonka Johnny Depp was that was terrible.
Speaker 11: It was the other day.
Speaker 1: Tell me if I did. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I mean and I watched the latest in Nola Holmes show, and it's got Helena bottom car. She is the female Johnny Depp.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, she's She takes all those weird roles where you have, makes the weird.
Speaker 2: Voice and sounds a little like Johnny Depp when he doesn't. They are I've never seen him in the same room together.
Speaker 1: Oh it could be the same person, Maybe you would, because she is the queen of hearts right in that Alice in Wonder every fight club. She's a Bellatrix strange. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's great. I haven't been blanked like that since high school. Your hand was up, of course, Bellatrix. I don't know who. I've only seen like a few of those.
Speaker 6: He thinks Bellatrix is the coach of the Patriots.
Speaker 1: In the nineties. It's a it's a bunch of cereals and pretzels thrown together. That sounds good. I'm starving. Yeah, get some trick. We had a big debate this weekend. Can I ask you guys debate? What was your family there? One? Did Eddie win again? Did Eddie have to clean up him to come back in the room? Was Eddie hitting clean up? I'm right, we should let you.
Speaker 3: Somebody had.
Speaker 1: Are you we had a debate clean up? Oh my god? We had a debate. Is a pretzel a chip? No? We had this.
Speaker 6: Didn't this accidentally come up on this show once and we're like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: This is not a chip? What is it? That's not even made of a potato? What are you talking about? It's a snack snack?
Speaker 6: Which that's like saying, is a chill popcorn? Is a cheeto popcorn?
Speaker 1: I'm saying, is gum candy gum gum boo could be gum bubble gum is no gum? Is dump? Let us do the analogy. I've never not swallowed a piece of guy. Wait, is that a dumb bud?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: Still, I don't know. I was arguing that pretzels are chips. They're not what was your logic? They're in the They're in the chip aisle. So is popcorn. I love bugles by the way. I can't stop eating bugles now, I can't stop. I can't stop. I burnt those to a crisp, you know, and you have too much? Oh yeah, and then you can't go back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, take a break, you just gotta take little Let me ask you a hypothetical that I heard on my my friends from Trivia Mafia, Chuck and Shying do no brains, no light bulbs.
Speaker 1: This is Trivia podcast every Saturday.
Speaker 6: They're awesome, sure, and once in a while they just do random topics to talk about and stuff as well. Yeah, and you know we always debate like best cereals of all time. We talked about cinnamon toast crunches a day or two ago. SOS calls it CTR yes ctr relant. Shawan asked a question that I had never thought about, and I immediately knew my answer. He didn't say, what's your favorite box cereal of all time? It's which box cereal have you had the most in your life?
Speaker 1: Oh and I don't.
Speaker 6: It's not even close for me. And I would say this is the top three or four for me, but it's definitely the one I've.
Speaker 1: Had the most. And it's not even closed. And that's Honey Night Cheerios without it, it's not debatable. It's by a mile. It's Honey Night cheero not your favorite, just the one that you've had the most, frost frosted, I've had more than Tommy Rice crispy with sugar. M you still do that or that's just what you had so much of your child because my mom liked that too, so we milk and sugar.
Speaker 6: Milk is milk sugar the box you really you've had the most in your life. Not favorite is most.
Speaker 7: I would probably go with either fruity pebble pebbles or peanut butter Captain Crust.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Both peanut butter taking loops over pebbles, though peanut butter Captain Crunch is elite sacle.
Speaker 11: Peanut butter. It's the best. I know.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a crazy take. It's a lead better than I'm oh yeah, yeah, fruity pebbles are boring. Yeah yeah, I like the man drink it.
Speaker 6: Does anybody here, though, have the same answer that the one you've had the most is also your favorite or they separate answers separate.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you right now, I am on such a rotation. Right now, I'm on a frosted Flakes kick, so good. Next week it'll probably be Cinnament's crunch again.
Speaker 6: Because, as calls it, ctr is so tough to be It's just it might be the best, but man, it's definitely not even close to the one I've had the most, not even close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so free exactly. Is probably my number one marshmallows, man, Yeah, they're so good. The marshmallows were.
Speaker 7: That was the only good part of the whole sit.
Speaker 1: The other stuff sucks. See I disagree. I think the other parts really good. Zero you suck, you feel like, okay, everybody.
Speaker 11: Like they and yang like you had to earn those marshmallows by getting.
Speaker 1: But you would never have a box of cyru feels just the other.
Speaker 6: Things, because even the marshmallow dust on the other things was good enough to get you to the marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Nah, did you ever see that box of special k And you're asking, like who bought this?
Speaker 1: Exactly? That was Mikey's favorite always, he always would bring it. He was boring. He had a hard time. All right, guys, I know I know that I'm an old man.
Speaker 11: Oh here we go, here comes a hot day, but hawk because I love the mush.
Speaker 1: Let's do it grape nuts. I'm gonna tell you I had zero.
Speaker 7: This is a kid, and yes I would let it soak. I put it in the microwave a little bit. I never had it, and then put some sugar or browser a.
Speaker 2: Bit, because you have a gallon of milk in about six hours and then it's perfect.
Speaker 1: This is why I don't get about that.
Speaker 6: Then. And when I was growing up, the only people that ate grape nuts were old people.
Speaker 1: Old people had like I was still regular, the same thing with special OK. No kid ate special.
Speaker 6: OK.
Speaker 1: That was for old people.
Speaker 2: Right now, It's like eating gravel and it comes out feeling the same play.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 6: Good raisin brand was good too. That was the kid's version of all the other weird old people stuff. If you want raisins, you gotta have raisin.
Speaker 1: Bran crackling over. That's a good stuff. You just forget it. You got a book it. You got to the Radar cereal, right, you got a book it because you're gonna be is inside. So dude, you I mean we're playing record.
Speaker 6: It looks like, oh yeah, I believe John Kriesel on the flight would say, this is stacking mud.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. It comes out looking like like a cattle. There's like like I didn't eat grass.
Speaker 5: Like is it one of those things where Jeff gold Bloom walks by and says, that's a lot of bleef.
Speaker 1: Just dives in with both hands. Yeah, your dad's dream woman. Okay, bet Lever is here, Tommy Olsen is here. It's Thursday. The news is next. This is the power Tim, won't you on the fan? From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report