Speaker 1: Rocky and Rocky. You and I jumped all over this when AI first became a thing, and now it's kind of coming to fruition. People are starting to pay attention to us because we're way ahead of the curve as always of course.
Speaker 2: Yes, as we always are on the Eddy and Rocky Show.
Speaker 1: But that was one of the first things when AI started getting big. You and I were like, well, how's this going to fix schools?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And I've talked to one professor in particular who said, you know, normally the standard test if you will or way you you know, concluded if a student grasped the information was a term paper, right, you had to write a term paper of various lengths to you know, and they would read that, the professor would read it and see if you understood the subject matter. Well, now AI can literally crank those out in a fraction of a second. And you know, there's clues that net professors and people know of that know if it's written by AI. But increasingly those are getting harder and harder to find. So, you know, how do you test students anymore? How do you get a gauge on how much they how well they know the subject matter? And also for students, it's like, how I mean, the the purpose of you know, you taking a course is for you to immerse yourself in information and understand it. But with the quote unquote help of AI, which in some respects means doing it for you, are you really exercising your brain? Are you understanding subject matter? It begs the question, Hey, let me tell you something. If I was a sophomore in high school, say and I got an assignment to write five hundred word report on a famous writer, American writer, I go, okay, hey, AI, guy, whichever pick your poison, write me five hundred words on Edgar Allan Poe.
Speaker 1: Right, boom, there it is.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, people are always always going to take the path of least resistance if you allow them to, and it's getting hard and harder to catch them. But I think even more of a concern, as I said earlier, how much of AI is a help?
Speaker 2: How much is it.
Speaker 4: Helping your job or your profession or you as a student, And how much of it is actually it's it's kind of doing the work for you and thereby decreasing your ability to think and exercise your brain and understand any information.
Speaker 1: Well, how are they handling at the upper levels? And we're talking universities here, and she wrote to an article about it yesterday in the Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. She is the education reporter from the Inquirer. Grace Tucker, we know you don't use AI. You're sitting there. You you probably don't even use a computer.
Speaker 2: You gotta I will skull type number two pencil. Yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Just right, and we probably write shorthand or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so Grace, what are you hear? And you wrote this? It was very comprehensive about all the universities around here. It seems to be the approaches. We don't really have an approach, but kind of do this and you'll be okay. Is that kind of right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: State Wide, there's no real standard policy toward how individual you know, colleges of four year universities are supposed to handle AI. They are ironing out regulations on the K through twelve level, so actually here pretty soon. By December thirty first, the Ohio Department of Education is required to develop a model policy on how schools should use AI, and then schools have until July one, twenty twenty sixth to adopt their own policy, and that's you know, we're talking school districts K through twelve schools, but in terms of higher education, that's still somewhat of the wild West. Specific bills are being introduced on the House level to actually limit regulations on AI use. So what you're seeing is kind of an embrace of AI at a lot of these institutions, and mainly they'll outline their own AI policies as part of just as you would an academic integrity policy or plagiarism policy, basically requiring students to follow whatever guidelines are outlined by their professors. So it varies from class to class. In a lot of cases, you might have professors who encourage AI or even require the use of AI in assignments, or you may have professors who you know, will automadically failure if you if you you know, use AI. So it's really a case by case basis. You know, in the article I outlined kind of the handful of different degree programs offered at different institutions. You see as a Master's Avenger nearing an AI, I found it interesting that Xavier has a Bachelor of Arts degree in AI. They are one of the few institutions I saw where their degree in AI was a Bachelor of Arts degree, So that kind of encourages a more holistic approach to AI, looking at the ethical advantages and disadvantages of AI. So yeah, universities are approaching it in all sorts of different ways, and it's really up to the discretion of a lot of these professors.
Speaker 4: How many professors, Grace, have you talked to that have kind of fundamentally changed how they've conducted their course, how they've tested for it, how they've conducted it. I mean, have they discussed how it's really been a something they've had to rethink the entire way, how they teach the lesson.
Speaker 7: That's a great question. I'm still delving into this topic, so I haven't spoken with too many professors directly about if IF and how they've had to rework their entire course, but I have just heard anecdotally from professors and from K through twelve teachers that this is definitely something that they are concerned with. They want as much guidance as they can get in terms of developing their syllabus and integrating AI. And I think, you know, you could also assume that there's some generational divides if you have newer teachers who are eager to embrace AI or teachers of an older generation who.
Speaker 5: Are really.
Speaker 7: Less open to embracing it. So yeah, I definitely will be looking more at this topic in the months to come, and especially at the K through twelve level, once we get some statewide guidance on on what districts are supposed to do.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Grace Tucker, education reporter from the Inquiring Grace. In talking to some these professors and whatnot along the way, are you finding that they're using A and I AI more and more in the application of what they're doing to kind of help themselves along.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it depends on the professor. You know, certainly in the K through till field, if you have teachers who are stretched really thin, AI can be a great source for You've got these different vendors that are implementing AI, whether it be through literacy tutoring or you know, coming up with assessments and prompts to test kids. So there's a lot of private contractors that are that are kind of promoting AI as sort of an educational tool, and certainly in some instances it can definitely be a tool and kind of used in tandem with just in person teacher instruction and kind of used as a school for teachers to lighten their load. And professors are experiencing, you know, some of those same things where they are using AI to whether it be to develop assignments. Now, I don't know, you know, specifically to what extent they're using AI to grade assignments. I know that a lot of these institutions, you know, these institutions have AI policies outlined for students and for faculty, so faculty are upheld to a different set of policies. So it's not you know, there there aren't teachers out there that are you know, using AI as to substitute you know, for them or for the courseworker for grading. That's not the case. They're upheld to a different, you know, set of policies according to the institution to ensure that you know, they are still delivering worthwhile course instruction and that you know, kids aren't being taught by AI, because that is not what any educator wants.
Speaker 4: But I have to imagine the temptation is there, you know, if you're a professor, to just like it is for anybody. I just think people are naturally going to take the path of least resistance. And if you're a teacher, yeah, and you're bombard, you got a lot of stuff going on. It's it's pretty you now have the capability too. You know, I don't know exactly what way they would use it, but for the the AI to write the lesson plan or grade the papers, and I don't know, I just wonder, you wonder, at what point do you need.
Speaker 2: Teachers, you know what I mean, what point do they take?
Speaker 4: It take over a lot of the major you know, applications of teaching the subject.
Speaker 7: And you know, you could say that I've seen even just on social media though a lot of you know, there's some resentment among college students because you know, if you're paying all this money intuition, I find it hard to imagine a scenario in which AI would the place a professor entirely. But again it's there's still much to be seen in that, in that realm.
Speaker 1: All right, with that, Grace Tucker, we will let you go. Thanks so much, great.
Speaker 2: Stuff, awesome, thank you guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: Take care and yeah, well yeah, well what.
Speaker 4: She said right there to me that that's the major crux is if teachers are using.
Speaker 2: AI more and more and more to.
Speaker 4: Do the to do the work, and then but you know, the price of college is never going to go down.
Speaker 2: They're never going to say, you know what because our teachers, uh.
Speaker 4: We have this, you know, we use AI and that enables us to take a lot of workload off of our plates. So therefore we're not putting in the same amount of hours. So we're going to deduct ten grand off your tuition. That ain't never happening, right, Well, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with just minor things like multiple choice questions for instance.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just top of top of mind.
Speaker 1: Let the the thing could definitely grade those things, right, shuffle it through there, right, you know it's abc D or whatever. But hey, look if I write a turn paper and you just feed it into this machine and the machine says, uh, not that great? Yeah, I mean no, not that I want you reading it and tell me what I did right or wrong?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: So I feel like I don't I don't use AI that much, and I'm sure I don't, you know, exploit all the capabilities of it. But for instance, you know, doing college games for for to get kind of a baseline. So I have East Carolina, okay, in the Military Ball, I don't I don't know one thing about them right or as of like two weeks ago, right, you know what I mean? So kind of plug it in, like give me a summary of the season, like you know what happened, you know, wins, losses, losing streaks, winning streaks, And that was kind of good to get, like a one pager sure to kind of give you a baseline here and then then you can kind of go from there. But I'm sure if I was really savvy with it, I could, you know, get all kinds of information off of it, you know, But then a point, you know, do it in my head? I'm like, you know, I got to watch tape on these players and develop my opinions on how they're playing. And could I just ask chat GPT what what's the best qualities of of such and such quarterback and then spit that out?
Speaker 2: That seems unethical to me.
Speaker 4: It seems easy, But what I'm saying right, it'll be a lot easier for someone if I just had a computer tell me what the best attributes to the quarterback, then go on TV and go oh yeah, he used.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody could replace us rock, but the traffic, oh traffic, especially wondering what's going on with the traffic.
Speaker 3: Traffic, We're all replaceable. From the UC Traffic Center. U see's Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers and trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five one, three, five eight five u seeccee got a breakdown reported seventy five southbound the outer ramp from Golbreath that's on the entrance ramp and cruise are there. Also two seventy five is sowing moss Elder to seventy five. A breakdown the right lane. Now we have the heavier pockets on southbound seventy five Western Avenue to the Brent Spence Bridge and southbound seventy five because of the road work between Ronald reag And Highway and Norwoo Laddhoa it's about a ten minute drive and so down to go back to Sheppard. Now we have picked up a crash in US forty two. This is at two seventy five. We've got to traffic being directed around that and writing at Martin Luther King Junior drive in accident. My bricks shramp produce Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy thirty six four Tomorrow cloud's early than light rain by tomorrow night the high though of sixty it is fifty four down.
Speaker 8: Who's Radio seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by What house Spa. Ask about their holiday bonus card.
Speaker 9: Guys, if you want to get that never misses, choose what house Spa. Luxurious services and calming spaces create an experience she's gonna hold on too.
Speaker 2: Long after the holidays.
Speaker 9: Plus earn a twenty five dollars holiday bonus card with every two hundred and fifty dollars gift card in Spot or online at whathousepas dot com.
Speaker 10: At Queen City, Ford, buying or selling your car is easy, shop, trade and sign from home, or just sells your vehicle for top dollar.
Speaker 11: We'll even pick it up.
Speaker 10: Your experience begins at Ford Queencity dot com. That's Ford Queencity dot com.
Speaker 12: I'm Stephen Curry and this is Gentlemen's Cut.
Speaker 8: I think what makes Gentleman's Cut different.
Speaker 2: Is seeing Rocky.
Speaker 1: And Rocky I wanted to try to get Deanrigus on today and I just saw this story too late. But maybe we can get him on later in the week. This story talking about if you know soldar storms, we can't predict solar storms. No, you know, the Earth would have three days. The headline is the Earth would have three days to avoid satellite catastrophe from a solar storm. So if we get if there was some unexpected giant solar storm, these things. There's fourteen thousand satellites up there. I had no idea there were that fourteen fourteen thousand, and.
Speaker 2: I mean cell phones, communication.
Speaker 1: Well, GPS, musk with all those earth Link satellites that are up there and stuff. Seven eight years ago, I think there were four thousand. Now there are fourteen thousand. Wow, So these things will start dropping from the fly from this guy, like ice cubes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple of hundred and your figure, okay, my chances of getting hit or not fourteen thousand.
Speaker 1: So maybe we can get Rigas on that, and you know what we'll tie it to, Well, it's got to be the aliens.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's face he knows it's going to come back.
Speaker 1: To that, but I think I think he hides from us whatever. It's like when I see a you know, possible spam on when your phone rings, I don't of course I'm not going to answer it. Right He's Eddie a Rocky on there. He's like, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Well, especially when when there's some story has come out about UFO's reck. He knows that we're we've already talked and we're going to reach out to him, Like God, it's idiots, he's clowns.
Speaker 1: We'll track him down, but right now, let's track down the news News Radio seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 2: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 13: News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: An offended reaction to a change of course with the three thirty reports. I'm Jack Crumley breaking now.
Speaker 15: As a result of this review, we found that trying this case a new would be futile. We just don't have evidence to prove mister Jones was the killer.
Speaker 14: That's Hamilton County Prosecutor County Pillage last week announcing the case against Elwood Jones has been dismissed. He was convicted in the nineties of murdering wrote in Nathan and has been on death row for nearly thirty years. In that announcement last week, Pillage said that the previous prosecutor who handled the case withheld exculpatory evidence.
Speaker 16: I was so offended by that press conference. I mean it was factually and fundamentally incorrect.
Speaker 14: Then prosecutor now current State Supreme Court Justice Joe Deeters responding today with our own Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 16: I think she owes that prosecutors an apology for this, but you know she's obviously talking to defense attorneys and that's who she talks to, So I guess that's the message you get out of this whole case.
Speaker 14: He says that Pillage can make whatever calls she wants about retrying the case, but he says he is offended at those claims about evidence being held back. You can read the letter that Dieters wrote to Pillage on the seven hundred WLW page on the X platform. Now the latest traffic weather together from.
Speaker 3: The ucing Health Traffic Center, and you see Health's Cancer Center offers surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers and clinical triage you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now call five one, three, five eight five U see see see. And we do have the sodwans on seventy five with a breakdown on the entrance ramp southbound un ramped, gold breath affected and the cleanup is underway. And we do have two seventy five sow in Mosstetler to seventy five with a breakdown in the right lane and the tow trucks dispatched to that area. Seventy five southbound from Ronald Regan Highway to Norwood Lateral and from Western Avenue to the Brent Spencers stop and go US forty two at two seventy five accident has traffic being directed around this and then writing at Martin Luther King Junior Drive an accident. And we have the problem on STA about thirty two West Pound after half acre road accident here being cleaned up. I'm Rick Shrampnews Radio seven hundred double d WELW Now the ladies.
Speaker 13: Cast from the train Heating and Cooling weather setter on news Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 14: Partly cloudy skies overnight a low of thirty two degrees. We are looking at rain tomorrow, mainly late afternoon with a high of fifty six. That rain continues Tomorrow night slight chance of it mixing with snow at times, a low in the twenties, then for Friday, gradually turning sunny again, a high in the low thirties. We are back up close to fifty into the weekend. Rad Art right now showing a partly cloudy sky in the Tri State. It's fifty degrees. News is a service of All to Fiber responding to now investigating a tragedy in Butler County.
Speaker 17: A man's body was recovered from the pond in Westchester at the Voa Metro Park Wednesday morning. A maintenance worker had noticed the items near the pond and footprints leading up to it called the fire department. First responders found two deceased dogs and the man's body in twenty seven degree water.
Speaker 11: The man's name hasn't been released.
Speaker 17: The fire chief says he assumes that the man went in to get one of his dogs out of the pond and succumbed to the cold sand.
Speaker 11: Collins News Radio seven hundred WL do'mor.
Speaker 14: And Nick Reiner appeared in court today charged for the stabbing deaths of his parents in La Prosecutor Save the thirty two year old murdered Hollywood director Rob Reiner and his wife Michelle in their Brentwood home on Sunday. Nick Reiner wore a suicide prevention vest in court today, his defense lawyers requesting no cameras be allowed in court outside. His lawyers said that there are complex issues with the case. Arraignment set for early next month. On Wall Street, a half hour to go in the training session, the Dow is down one hundred and eighty two points, the Nasdaq down four to twenty three. That's more than one and a half percent. The S and P still down about one percent, losing sixty seven points at this hour.
Speaker 2: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: Plenty of college basketball to night.
Speaker 18: Alabama State goes up against the Cincinnati Bearcats at six thirty here on seven hundred WLW. Gissel James has an added back to the Cincinnati roster. Xavier opens Big East Play hosting Creighton at six on fifty five KRC. Oakland up against NKUS thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals and Dolphins Sunday, Miami will go with rookie quinn Ewers at quarterback, Bill Edison seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 14: I'm Jack Crumley. Our next update at four o'clock and breaking news Anytime News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: News Radio seven hundred WLW, and iHeartRadio Station Guarantee Human seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: HI Heard Radio.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, this is the hour we're gonna be talking to Jerry the J Man. Joiner, see what the J Man's plans for Christmas are? But also the President is talking about declassifying marijuana as whatever that.
Speaker 4: Level of drug. It is Jerry the J Man, and Trump simpatica. Who would have thought?
Speaker 1: Bingo, Jerry, it's pretty bad. We're going to be talking to a guy named the J Man to break down drug law for us exactly.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm sure well he knows a thing or two good better. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Until then, In this day in history nineteen o three, the first airplane flies we know the story right near Kittioch, North Carolina, orbit and will be right make the first successful flight in history of a self propelled heavier than air aircraft. Orville piloted the gasoline power propeller driven by a plane which stayed a law for a daunting twelve seconds and covered one hundred and twenty feet in its inaugural flight. And of course Orville and Wilbur Wright grew up in date.
Speaker 1: No are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: No, I say, put him on the mountain when.
Speaker 1: We were when you were a kid, that was beat into your head. We invented air flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any airplane is because of us.
Speaker 1: That water and day we did that.
Speaker 4: I've said this before and by the way, not reported in this store, but Willie was there. Uh you know, he was actually went an air later and talked about it briefly, so he got to see that, which was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I can you can already hear the reporting.
Speaker 2: The kid fly and now we're stupid, and now he's coming down. But I always think it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the first airplane flight again nineteen o three, and fast forward about eleven years or so. World War one's going on, and there are planes being used in World War One. Like in first the early ones were just reconnaissance, but then they you know, they put a machine gun on one and they would shoot at the other plane with a machine gun. And then by the end of it. There's they're dropping things out of them. I just think it's crazy. From nineteen oh three to like nineteen thirteen, nineteen years later, it's yeah, it's in war, it's in war. I just think that is absolutely stunny. Again, from a wood and canvas. You called it a plane, but it looks you know, it looks nothing like a plane today to you know, using it to gain an advantage in warfare in the sky.
Speaker 1: I just think it is absolutely incredible. It could have been that hard to fly though, dude. I mean, think about that. A Beagle flew one of those damn things and I could shoot a machine gun while he was doing it. I've seen it on the TV.
Speaker 4: I had to get the inspiration from something.
Speaker 1: So anyway, But seriously, think about nineteen oh three to when we landed on the moon, but less than seventy years later. Yeah, from there to there and sixty seven years is insanity.
Speaker 2: To me is insane.
Speaker 4: And in the next sixty seven years it's in terms of I guess you could say there's been some you know, great advancements, was not like we're I think a lot a lot of you know a lot of people think in the sixties that we'd be on Mars by now, right, the Deessen's right, we'd all be in little our own little soul powered planes.
Speaker 2: That that hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: Oh, when I was a kid, or do you kidd meet once we landed on the Moon. No, I was like, I was like, you know, I'm twelve years old. We're on the Moon. By the time I'm fifty, we'll be on Pluto.
Speaker 4: Hell right, Yeah, but it'd be kind of a similar, like you said, a less than fifteen year period or on the moon. Okay, fifteen years later we got a colony on Mars, but that hasn't happened, which brings about the conspiracy theories by way, okay.
Speaker 1: Because we don't want to go up there to find what's really there.
Speaker 4: No, never mind anyway, but no, this day in history nineteen o three, Orville and will be right.
Speaker 1: Well Rock, it's funny we should be talking in these terms because my young friend, a rocket scientist this no, no, no, what area was it?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 1: Didn't it doesn't say out east in the East Coast, a rocket scientist who directed a top secret investigation into UFOs, has spoken about some bizarre things He and his colleagues have claimed to have witness We realize that people say I observed a uf up close, maybe on the ground that they always seeing bere paring our connection. Blah blah blah blah blah, he recalled. Many of the officials with the with this organization experienced a hitchhiker effect when they seemed to come into contact with paranormal phenomena long after they left the program. One investigator was plagued by a mysterious by mysterious orbs when he returned to his home back on the Upper East Coast. He even saw what he described as a wolf like creature that walked on two legs. I mean, where does stuff like this comes from come from, mister Casey says. So one a guy who worked on a UFO case reports that a wolf like two legged monster walked up on his front porch.
Speaker 2: So there's like a werewolf. That the aliens are werewolves now apparently, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've always been portrayed as like kind of taller, like thinner people with bald, giant.
Speaker 1: Heads and that, well they don't talk to you, right, they talk inside your brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just get inside your heads, see and clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I I don't even have to look at my wife to know she's staring a hole through the back of my head, right, yeah, man, And I know it's happening because I said some.
Speaker 2: Right, And you knew as soon as you said it. Thinks about this.
Speaker 1: See, I'll I don't know about it. When you have kids to tend to, they're just me and her around.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 1: I say stuff to get a rise out of her, just because I don't know. I flirt with her like I'm an eight year old.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like good, that's a good sign of a good marriage.
Speaker 1: It's like the old man equivalent of tugging on the girls that you like a pigtail in the third grade or something.
Speaker 2: What we said there.
Speaker 1: And she'll make a comment and I'll just say something and completely off the wall just to see what she'll say to me.
Speaker 5: And it's just.
Speaker 1: Well, see, I think that's what goes on in the Willie household, Honest to god, him, he and the judge. I think he does half the stuff he does just to see what Penny will do. And Penny's just so over it. She just kind of like, well, whatever, you can live with him so long that her shock value is there's zero. There's nothing he could do. She'd be like, I can't believe you do that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: See, well I don't even proposing nude as he did was about six six years ago.
Speaker 1: That was a little while ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like that that probably was at peak shock level. But after after that, where do you what do you do? Where do you go to shock anyone?
Speaker 1: See, my wife would is just shocked that I haven't been naked doing something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can give it.
Speaker 3: Done that.
Speaker 4: A little disappointed you? You well, you recall we all he said, I'm going to do this. You're all going to do it too, right, absolutely, right after you do it, we'll be on that table.
Speaker 1: No damn tooting, it ain't happening.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on from the U SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Health Cancer Center offer us advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion. Now, I'll call five point three five eighty five you see see see sound five westbound off ramp to seventy one. A crash reported on the ramp. We do have police there and traffic is being directed around an accident on Lebanon Pike between two seventy five and Hawk. Now we've got again about five minutes to lay through the area, and if you can just avoid that here, you do so. Seventy five southbound on Rand from gold Breath is a breakdown on the entrance ramp and we're looking at heavier pockets of traffic southbound seventy five ron Reagan Highway and Norwood. It's about a ten minute drive from Sheppard and also on seventy one southbound Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway to Red Bank. Is filming in northbound seventy five by the way, but Mitchell de Paddock also about a ten minute drive. My Rich remp produce Radio seven hundred double do WELW. The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy thirty six four tomorrow cloud's early than light rain by tomorrow night the high though of sixty it is fifty four. Nown Who's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: There will be a big buzz in the arena. Basketball bear Cats look to handle the hornets of Alabama state. Can you see swarm the paint and swat away enough balls to.
Speaker 2: Come out victorious?
Speaker 19: To catch the call live today at six thirty pm on seven hundred WLW or stream seven hundred WLW on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 21: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 2: Get ready for reliable home comfort in any cease.
Speaker 1: Talking to Austinar producers saying that this is a great moment from a press conference.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so we have trags at four thirty five on Bengals, and you know there's a lot of was it yesterday day before it came out that you know, Zach Taylor is signed through twenty twenty seven and you know Al Golden's contract is for a couple three so you know the pieces are in play, getting put in place. Everyone's seeing nothing's changing next year, right, And I think that has a lot of folks worried because this is a team that you know, it's been a disastrous season, and when it's one thing to have a disastrous season, but you can look, Okay, we're getting you know, these three guys are back there are you know that may be hurt and you know what the organization will go a different direction with the scoutings. None of that's going to happen, right But anyway, there was an interesting exchange between Trags and Zach Taylor today.
Speaker 2: Here's a little bit of it.
Speaker 22: You don't get a chance to talk to ownership or we don't get that opportunity.
Speaker 1: What kind of assurances have you been given?
Speaker 22: We just talk every week.
Speaker 1: Every week you've talked about your contractor.
Speaker 22: Every week we talk about everything.
Speaker 5: What was the last time you spoke about your contract?
Speaker 22: And that's not really part of our conversation. It's every week. We're just trying to create together a great plan to win football games and make sure our team's ready to go. Make sure I'm ready to go. So I know that's of curiosity to you guys, but we're just focused on being Thelph.
Speaker 20: Is there to say that's reassessed after this year?
Speaker 8: You know them ask them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't get that chance.
Speaker 2: Well, sorry, okay, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just being straightforward with that.
Speaker 2: We would ask them, but we don't get that.
Speaker 4: Okay, feel bad if you've got to feel bad for Zach too, because you know the front office doesn't answer any question. I mean, Zach Taylor has to basically answer questions on why the snow wasn't removed from the seats, like I'm a freaking head coach. I did think it was interesting though, that at another part of the YAH he wouldn't confirm if he's signed through twenty twenty seven or not.
Speaker 2: And it's like, why why wouldn't you why?
Speaker 4: Like why why wouldn't you just say yeah, I got a I mean it's a factual contract.
Speaker 2: Like what what is there to hide in that? Where we're going to ask tracks.
Speaker 4: About that at the at four o'clock of because that was definitely an interesting exchange and a lot of questions come from it.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, see when they talk about the bengalization of players, well and it happens with the coaches too. Look at what's been happened to these guys over the years. I mean, I love him or hate him. Marvin Lewis kind of you could just see it wearing him down year after a year after year man until the end where he just became such a smart ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah I was and Zach And again I don't blame him. I mean, look, there's when a season like this happens that blames should go to everybody, and certainly the head coach deserves you know, a lot of but I don't put the brunt of.
Speaker 2: This on him.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of everything starts from the top, from the front office to the general manager ish, you know, and and then on down. Well do you think there's I mean, put it this way, asked this question, if do you realistically think that if the Bengals fired Zach Taylor tomorrow and got Sean McVeigh, did you really think that they would this would.
Speaker 2: Be a different team. I don't.
Speaker 4: No, I agree, I don't think it would be much different at all. Maybe a game here, I don't know, But I just don't think if you got Bill Belichick, you got Sean McVay, you got Shane Style, whatever, it wouldn't matter.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what's very disheartening the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Fans, and we get caught up in the when there is some success that the Bengals have had, you know, semi recently, get caught up and you say, okay, this is great, things are different, and then it's like this year comes and especially last week, you realize, nope, I was that little voice in my head was right all along.
Speaker 1: Things are never going to change. We'll be talking to Tracks about that at four thirty five. Coming up next, we have Jerry the j Man Joiner talking about the possible declassification of declassifying marijuana as a what is a Schedule one or something like that or whatever and knocking that down from a federal crime. We will talk to the j Man about it. But now we have the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 23: A short appearance with Raiment in a couple of weeks with the four o'clock report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now. After being charged with two counts, the first agree murder Tuesday, Nick Reyner, accused of killing his father, renowned director and actor Rob Reiner, and his mother, Michelle, was in court today for a brief hearing. Nick's attorney, Alan Jackson, has asked for a formal arrayment to take place on January seventh.
Speaker 24: Those who did get a glimpse of him, they described him as showing very little to no emotion, answering questions quietly when the judge asked anything of him. He was wearing kind of a blue vest often described as a suicide prevention smock, something with a kind of thicker material where you can't rip off pieces to potentially create some sort of rope or anything to harm yourself.
Speaker 23: Tim Capudo with KABCTV in Los Angeles, Nick Reiner currently being held without bond. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 3: From the UC Health Traffic Center. You See's Cancer Center offerers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers, and clinical trials you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five one three five eat five U see see see seventy five southbound robal reg And Highway to Norwood. Lateral slows with the heavier pockets are traffic from Shepherd and seventy five south from the VIADEC to the brin Spence Bridge is stop and go. Two seventy five westbound off ramp to seventy one. Crash on the ramp and on Lebanon Pike between two seventy five and HOWK. We have traffic being directed around an accident here seventy five southbound they on ramp from Golbreth. It's a breakdown on the ramp and also on two seventy five. We're seeing heavier pockets are traffic eastbound between seventy five and Lebanon Road, and seventy one is sing northbound between Smith and Read Ronald reag and cross Cutting Highway. What a ten minute drive. I'm Rick s REP News Radio seven hundred double do welcome.
Speaker 19: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center. Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com than.
Speaker 25: Keep the dry and comfortable overnight briefly dropping into the mid thirties, but as the wind begins to pick up Thursday morning, we'll be in the upper thirties and low forties for the morning commute. Likely dry for the morning, but in the afternoon scattered rain showers begin to move in. Could even see a few rumbles of thunder late in the day with a high near fifty three. It'll be windy and then we get colder, dropping to twenty three Friday morning. From your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning meter rebigis Mark Stitz News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: And radar at this time is showing a mostly sunny sky. It's fifty three degrees news a service of Low t Center. The all clear has been given after the all clear was given after police earlier today responded to a report of a thread at an elementary school into your Park. Officers responded around nine o'clock to Amity Elementary along East Galborth Road. Deer Park City School said the district said a call was received informing them someone had entered the building. A search of the building during a lockdown confirmed there was no threat as the school they would continue without further interruption. Deer Park Police are investigating that call and Butler County. A man and two dogs found dead in an icy pond at Boa Metro Park in Westchester. Following an extensive search. Workers this morning would find items including a cell phone, keys, and a dog leash that led to the pond, and it led them to believe someone may have been in the water. Cruise responded beginning to search and found one of the dogs, and then about an hour or so later, the man and a second dog were later recovered. Officials believed that the man was trying to get one of the dogs out of the pond. Due dates for property taxes announced by the Hamilton County Treasurer today in twenty twenty six. Property taxes will be due February tenth and July tenth, with bills expected to be mailed out about three weeks before the DWO dates seven.
Speaker 6: One hundred WLW Sports twenty.
Speaker 18: At college Basketball to Night, Alabama State goes up against the Cincinnati Bearcats at six thirty.
Speaker 1: You're on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: GIGITL.
Speaker 18: James has been added back to the Cincinnati roster. Xavier opens Big East Play hosting Creighton at six on fifty five KRC. Oakland up against NKU at six thirty on Fox Sports. Thirteen sixty Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations at Northern Kentucky Bengals and Dolphins. Sunday, Miami will go with rookie quinn Ewers at quarterback Bill Edison seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 2: At the closing bell on Wall Street.
Speaker 23: The Dallas down two hundred twenty nine was down two hundred twenty nine points today Nasdack down four hundred eighteen. The S ANDP down seventy nine points. Our next update is at four thirty. I'm Sun Galbagher News Radio seven hundred w l DO S.
Speaker 21: Forty is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating and air and electrical Turn your past HP.
Speaker 2: Say, and I did look it up.
Speaker 4: It was Nrewe is now currently classified as a Schedule one drug, which the DA describes as a substance with no medical use and high potential for not good things happen to you, right, And I guess this is what Trump is considering reclassifying.
Speaker 1: The reclassification process been talked about for a long time, and it looks as though it might be happening here. And to discuss with it is our good friend Jerry, the j Man, the Joiner j Man. Always a pleasure to have you back on the show.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me on, guys. And you know, it's a historic moment when the president wants to reschedule marijuana from one to three. But there's a lot of hidden.
Speaker 4: Things in here, all right, So describe for what would that do? I guess what are the positives as you're concerned, and why do you think pot should be rescheduled from a Schedule one to a Schedule three?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't necessarily think going from one to three is the answer. Guys. I'm more for total legalization. But here's what I do believe is that these THC drinks that have just really exploded all over the marketplace is a play that Big Alcohol is gonna make because they suspect one hundred and seventeen billion, that's with a B billion dollars by twenty twenty three if they allowed these THCHC drinks could be legal. Now we've chopped it up before, guys about how a lot of us we don't like smelling that weed smoke. You know, we might even enjoy it but in partaking. But you know, you're in so many urban areas now you just smell weed everywhere. You don't smell that with these drinks. So oj Man he thinks that this is a big guys to help big alcohol get into the THCHC drink business. This is this is rescheduling from one to three creates a quagmire for everybody that's in the legal marijuana business right now.
Speaker 1: So in other words, this kind of gives the alcohol companies like the better way to put a backdoor into this industry.
Speaker 5: Sure does, guys, you know if they go from one to three a scheduled three drug. If they make marijuana a scheduled three drugs, everybody in the business of selling, whether it's medical or recreational, now report to the DEA and they have to have the same guidelines for their facilities as a pharmacy. So nobody hardly is going to be in compliant with that. The Controlled Substance Act causes this to come under all these laws that the FDA is involved. So one to three. While people think it helps from the money because now they can deduct from their taxes, I think Big Alcohol has been looking at this for several years now and said, wait a minute, let's let this drink, these THC drinks kind of see what that market looks like. Once they saw how big it was, they said, let's shut it down. Let's go where we can control it by November of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: So explain what the issues with that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, that's going to make it more widely available to people, which would please folks like you.
Speaker 2: What's what's the issue?
Speaker 5: As you said, I don't necessarily say it's a bad thing. You know, these the alcohol companies beer sales have been declining for years, and these THC drinks are taking the place of that. I personally believe the THC is better for you than alcohol if you want that recreational feel of things, and with being able to dose it properly and manufacture it properly. Think about it. The guys that have been doing beer, this is a no brainer for them, and everybody else that's went and tried to do this, they have all kinds of problems when you're a little guy trying to be a canter of a beverage and compete with the big guys.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, Jerry, we're talking Jerry Joyner, j Man. Is the process of making these drinks, whether I say it's an infused beer essentially, are they just making non alcoholic beer, which is obviously very common and just putting whatever percentage of THC into it? Is that how that works? Or is there a special process that he asked to.
Speaker 5: Gondergre not not really a special process. There's there's two ways. One it goes into the post mix or it goes in with the carbonated water at the line. But virtually every place I've ever toured they were a beer place that got into the THC. That is there a small craft beer brewery, and it was easy for them to say, Okay, now we're putting THC in this, and the cost of doing that is compared to what big alcohol can can manufacture something for a drastic difference. So I think by two remember twenty twenty six, when the law that goes into effects for the THC or the HEMP beverages goes into effect. By that time, big alcohol will have moved into getting the politicians to change the little rules and uh, they'll be in that business. And I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 4: What is the Trump administration's impetus to do this? Do you think? Just just do you want to see you know, he's a business guy. He wants to increase business and the things that will help the country, which wouldn't be wrong.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I can't speak because he he does what he wants to do, and he gets to do that because he's the president of the United States. Everybody that I know in the marijuana industry were really disappointed with the way that at the last minute the Senator from Kentucky put that banning of the HEMP in with the getting the government back back in action. And obviously big alcohol is and told that guy you can just look at how much money they've given to him. So this may also be a pharma play. There's just so many people now that feel they're getting a positive effect from THC being in their system that they're going to try to It needs to be safe. Also, guys, there's too many stories out there about some manufacturers overamped up the gummies and people have problems with that. And maybe this is a way to get people to not smoke marijuana as much. I've been smoking it for half a century and I know it's not good for my body, but I think the THC is. So if I could get that into my system through that drink, you know, maybe that's a better thing for me healthy.
Speaker 4: Here's a question, Jerry, So I got what a twelve pack of cors lights say cost what fourteen fifteen bucks?
Speaker 26: Right?
Speaker 4: What does a twelve pack of THC infused drink cost?
Speaker 5: Well, they more sell them by the four pack.
Speaker 2: In the sixth pack, okay.
Speaker 5: And you're going to you're gonna be about twenty to twenty five percent more expensive than what a beer might be. But that'll change rapidly. There'll be the same prices as as beer uh in the next in the next year, uh so uh and and and controlling those doses to a two point five or five milligram so it's like a light beer or a regular beer. And getting all those fifty and one hundred miligram drinks off the street, I think is a good thing because we don't want anybody getting over amped up on anything and not knowing what they're what they're doing. So, you know, people are accustomed to drinking beer and how many beers that they can have and and and and still be in the right state of mind. And I think we'll see this happen with these THAC drinks. But I think it'll start reducing the amount of smoke that happens. You know, they're they're trying to put this thc A, trying to put that away. That's the it's not marijuana till you light it up, but then it becomes marijuana. It's kind of a crazy situation. But as a proponent of cannabis not smoking it and getting into a different fashion, I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Now, I gotta tell you that the smell drives me nuts, and you can't get I mean, you get honestly about you know, five ten miles from downtown. Five miles you start to smell it, and if you go downtown, you smell it everywhere right at I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, let me, we've talked about it before. And Jerry, we've talked about it with you. You're driving down there. When I can drive down the interstate going sixty five seventy miles an hour and smell pot coming from a car wherever, obviously right around me that's going sixty five seventy miles an hour, that's some strong ass weed.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 20: Come on, it certainly is.
Speaker 5: And you know, guys, we're old enough to remember back we go to a concert and oh, there's this faint smell that you smell that. Yeah, oh, somebody's lit up a joint. Well, maybe because the potency is so much stronger now, maybe it makes the smell snow. It seems like it smells stronger to me now. And heaven forbid, if I light one up, let it go out and light it up again. My wife gives me that stained stink, I as if I had two week He's like, I don't like to smell it when it burnt twice, you know, it has a funky older and then they'll take a cigar and wrap it around the weed and it just it's kind of obnoxious. So maybe moving towards the drinking and not smoking. You know, Americans have really not embraced cigarettes like they used to, except you know, Billy Bob, He's he's always got a cigarette in his mouth now, But that's TV. I smoke for thirty seven years. It's one of the best things I ever did for my health was quit smoking, you know, And as I'm getting older, I realized that smoking cannabis is not the best thing for my health, but the THHC certainly helps me. So that's why I'm now moving in twenty twenty six drinking it or have a little gummy, but reduce how much you're smoking it.
Speaker 1: Well, Jerry, let me ask you this. We I know we've talked about this before, but you brought it up just now, and I'm still real curious about it because I've never I haven't tried one of these THC drinks. But yeah, and you said it, you know how many you know what a one beer makes you feel like. I know what a beer makes me feel like. Anybody makes you feel like correct, I know that's what I'm saying. You know what one beer, three beers, six beers, are eight or twelve makes you feel like? Now as I think people are going to obviously have to learn the parameters of these tac drinks. Am I going to or two of these going to make me feel like six beers? Or how does that you know equate?
Speaker 5: Well, everybody's in the kinnabinoid system is going to regulate a little bit differently, So everybody needs to find their their median on this and median on this, and that's why I suggest that that two point five milligram to start with. So that's just enough that you might ooh did I feel something, but not enough to make you where, oh I don't need to. I got to sit down for a while. The other thing I'd like to point out is the effect goes away faster when you drink it. It doesn't stay as long. So let's talk about We've heard these stories. People eat a gummy, hour goes by, they don't think anything's happened, to eat another gummy, and for twelve hours now they can't move. That's not gonna happen as much with these drinks because they're water soluble instead of fat soluble, so it gets out of your system a little quicker. You know, smoking is always the fastest way to fill the effect of the THC. But these drinks, now, they come on in about five minutes, Mike, maybe a beer would and.
Speaker 20: It goes away in ten or fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: So you know, consequently people might just like with beer, you said, well, now a sudden I've done, slung back a twelve Pat, Well, you're gonna have the same effect even from the low dose THC beverages that you would have from the beer. But the good thing is, I think it gets out of your system just as fast, if not quicker, than alcohol.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Jerry, Well we'll let you go, buddy. What is the what's the jay Man's Christmas plan?
Speaker 2: If any?
Speaker 5: We're going to go to Oklahoma, get my mom and bring her back down here to Dallas to let her see our new studios and my new sound booth and all this stuff. So we'll we'll just have a family adventure here and uh, and I'll have to do the what y'all turn me on to the cousin walk, you know, as I'm an only child, I don't have a lot of cousins or anybody else. So I was just a j man walk. But I might have to do the cousin walk when mama's at the house.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good luck with that, son, and you have yourself a great Christmas. And of course we'll be talking to you.
Speaker 5: In the new year. Sounds good, guys, talk to you next year. Bye bye.
Speaker 1: See our good friend Jerry Joyner, always a pleasure's.
Speaker 4: Best, very passionate about what he does. I may not be all on board with what he does, but he's passionate.
Speaker 1: He's been daughter for fifty years. He knows what he's saw about. With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.
Speaker 3: Or from the EUCA Health Traffic Center. The uc camer Center offerers advance to surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers. Also clinical trials that you don't find anywhere else. Get our second opinion. Now call five to wine three, five to eight five U seec SE. We have two seventy five still affected westbound the off ramp to northbound seventy one. The crash here on the ramp has so it ouns back to Montgomery and Cruise on the scene getting it taken care of. Also on the seventy five, we're looking at southbound traffic from west from the Viaduct to the Brench Spence Bridge now with about a ten minute trip two seventy five eastbound of Catbalg. Getting more now of an accident that has the left shoulder taken up. In seventy one north bound at Montgomery, crash are just reported as well. That's off on the right hand side, and watch for the heavier pockets of traffic on two seventy five east Boumtur in the US fifty two and five mile worth of work taking up the right lane. Only the left lane is open. It's about a fifteen minute delay. I'm brick Shrimp. News Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast and a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy thirty six four tomorrow cloud's early than light rain by tomorrow night the high though of sixty It is fifty four down News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Is it true Tom Brenneman was the bass player in a punk band called Mash Potato.
Speaker 2: That is mostly not true.
Speaker 13: Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins, but chooses not to because of their attitude.
Speaker 2: It sounds possible, but not true. Is it true that listening to Tom brenhaman makes your morning better? That one is true.
Speaker 27: Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truck load more to get your day started right Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Backs the Tractor, Your Cabota headquarters backsdatractor dot com.
Speaker 18: Backs Attractor has Cincinnati's Cabota service headquarters.
Speaker 2: Stop in for jenuine Cabota park As are going to join us here. After the four thirty.
Speaker 4: News you get the state of the Bengals' looking not good.
Speaker 1: At five o'clock, we'll be talking to Willie. It is Wednesday, so Wednesday's with Witty.
Speaker 4: All right, we gotta we are a couple of ideas. We got to decide on which direction.
Speaker 1: We're gonna just point him towards Christmas and then he'll turn back around and start talking about whatever he wants to do. Anyways, right, probably Bill Belichick in Jordan Hudson, Jordan Hudson or what's that's one.
Speaker 2: Thing we got to we got to revisit.
Speaker 4: We've got to talk about when we do the Christmas show at his house on Christmas Morning. Sure is he drags us away from our families. Clearly the number one talked about story on his show this year was Jordan Hudson and Bill Belichick easily.
Speaker 5: No question.
Speaker 2: So I don't even know if there was a close second.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you haven't heard this award winning broadcast on Christmas Mornings, it's Willie me rock uh sloany this year to be Tommy Brenneman would be with us instead of McConnell, obviously, and we reflect on the year past. Yes, and Willie tries to introduce international politics and abortion and all kinds of stuff to shut up and talk about Christmas stuff right rightly. But anyways, coming up with trags, we heard that that's worth maybe playing again the thing from the press conference today because that I think that it is Zach's getting a little worn down man, no question about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's feeling I again, I think he's feeling the fact that he's he's with an ownership group that is not, you know, necessarily going to modify how they've always done things in order to make things better or easier on him or help the situation. It's like, no, this is how we do it, and that's not changed.
Speaker 1: See I've never heard it's always been stated that that's the situation. Hey, you know what you're getting yourself into here now? Is that I'm supposedly understood on your part or did they tell you going in, like here's the deal. We don't talk to anybody. You handled everything, don't care what happens. You answer the question.
Speaker 4: That might be a question for Tracks, but I have to imagine you know, when you're hiring a head coach, that's probably not something. There's a lot of things that need to be discussed. So I'm thinking and it's like, right as you're signing, Oh, by the way, we talk once a year and you're gonna answer questions.
Speaker 1: About non football matters and you are these skaps. Oh huh, right, they asked you about the snow when the seats in the stadium. Guess what, Yeah, well, we'll talk to Tracks, but that's after the news news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: She says evidence was withheld he says that's offensive. With the four to thirty report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking now.
Speaker 2: Mark Pete Meyer did Eldwood Jones murder?
Speaker 14: Wrote a Nathan Yes, Mark Pete Meyer, and Joe Dieters, former in and of the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office, responding to last week's announcement by current prosecutor Connie Pillage that she's dismissing the thirty year old case against Elwood Jones in the murder of Rodin. Nathan Jones has been on death row for the last twenty seven years, but after having that conviction previously overturned with a new trial ordered in twenty two, Pillage said last week she's no longer convinced that he killed her. She says that there's not enough evidence to convict either way. Along with statements she made about evidence being excluded wrongfully in that case, it's just so offensive.
Speaker 16: If she was to let this guy go, maybe she says, oh, you know what, thirty years is enough, The litigation's enough in mercy for whatever reason decides to let him go. I got no problem with that. She's the prosecutor. She can do whatever she wants. What I take umbrage to is accusing the prosecutor's office of what I mean, seriously, that she's accusing people of a crime here hiding evidence. I mean, that's that is outrageous to make that allegation, there's no proof of it.
Speaker 14: In a letter, Deeters calls comments by Pillag about evidence being withheld for years outrageous, reckless, and profoundly damaging. You can read that letter by following seven hundred WLW on the X platform. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 3: From the you see Health Traffic Center. You see Cancer Center offerers advanced the surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers, and clinical trials that you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion, now, I'll call five one, three, five eighty five. You see see see traffic gone two seventy five westbound off lamp to seventy one north is solad with an accident. Delays back to Montcomery. We're watching delays two now on to seventy five east bound at Camogg with a crash. It's on the left shoulder, the right shoulder is affected on seventy one. This is northbound in Montgomery. Accident to report here and on Dixie Highway at Holden Boulevard getting reports of an accident. Now, thanks for the tip call with that. Seventy five traffic south bound from Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral stop and go. Also southbound seventy five from the Viaduct to the Brent Spence is sluggish. And seventy five northbound Machard to Paddic about a ten minute drive. I'm brick sh REMP News Radio seven hundred double do well double.
Speaker 14: Also seeing delays across the top eastbound two seventy five before you're even at US forty two, it's going to be just east of seventy five and Sharonville. You're slow until you get past that Montgomery Road exit. And bigger backups than usual in Kentucky westbound two seventy five, A big backup approaching the Carrol Cropper Bridge. That's got you solidly on the breaks starting at two thirty seven, and it stays that way all the way out. A couple accidents reported in that stretch. Now, the ladies cast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW if we stayed.
Speaker 25: Dry overnight briefly dropping into the mid thirties. By the morning commute, we're back to the upper thirties and low forties. Try to start the day. But Thursday afternoons, scattered showers begin to move in. It'll be warm and windy with a high near fifty three. Then the cold air comes in. Could see a few snowflakes overnight as we dropped to twenty three. For your Friday morning. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first to warning Meterbob just Mark Stitz. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Radar shows a partly cloud. He's gone in the Trent State forty nine degrees right now. News is a service of Low t Center. House Speaker Mike Johnson saying today he's not lost control of his chamber after a number of moderate Republicans joined Democrats to bypass House leadership to force a vote on a three year extension of Affordable Care Act subsidies.
Speaker 12: Have not lost control the House because there are time, there are mech Look, we have the smallest majority in US history.
Speaker 2: Okay, these are not normal time.
Speaker 1: Times are prosse's and procedures in the House that are less frequently.
Speaker 14: Used when they're earn larger majorities, that vote cannot be held until January. Johnson could move up the timeline. The end of the year is when all those of Obamacare subsidies are expected to jump ups, charging millions of people much more than they're used to paying. The body of a man's now been recovered from a pond at Voa Metro Park in Westchester. First responders were called out this morning. Two dogs also found dead in that water. It's believed the man was trying to rescue at least one of those dogs when he went in. No word yet on an id on that man on Wall Street today at the closing bell, the Dow ending down two hundred and twenty eight points, NASDAK losing nearly two percent, dropping four eighty five, and the S and P losing more than one percent, down ninety three at the end.
Speaker 6: Seven one hundred WLW Sports Bunny of college basketball at night, Alabama State goes up against the Cincinnati Bearcats at six point thirty here on seven hundred WLW, JI James is Gonn added back to the Cincinnati roster.
Speaker 18: Xavier opens Big East play hosting Creighton at six on fifty five KRC. Oakland up against NKU at six thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals and Dolphins Sunday Miami will go with Rookie quinn Ewers at quarterback, Bill Edison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Sports Jack Crumley Our next update at five o'clock, Breaking News, Anytime, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: News Radio seven hundred WLW, and iHeartRadio station Guarantee Human seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: I heard radio.
Speaker 4: Run a business and not thinking about radio back with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 1: Rock is still clawing through the wreckage of what slept of the Bengals season.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I think it was a little more disheartening when and what twenty four or forty eight hours ago it came out that you know, Zach Taylor has signed through twenty twenty seven, that's the report, and then you know how Golden signed, and then you put together the understanding that Duke Tobin's going nowhere he I mean, he's coming back, and you start to feel, I think a lot of ways like Joe Burrow felt last week. I remember watching that press conference where he was kind of reflective.
Speaker 2: And in my opinion, he was.
Speaker 4: He was down not because of the current situation and this year, but more so saying I don't really see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't see this getting any better or changing. And I think a lot of ways and respects Bengals fans are kind of re coming to that realization. And a guy on top of it, of course, is our good friend Mike Petroliags Trags, how are you, brother?
Speaker 20: You think about a lot of things, gentlemen. You think about a lot of things, Joe Burrow today at the press conference, and to me, I thought that one clip of him when Paul Danner Junior today asked him in the press conference can you see yourself playing for somebody else in your career? He said, you think about a lot of things, and that those words to me are pretty damning. Now to be clear, before that question, he said, Paul Danner asked him, Joe, do you see a world where you're not playing for the Bengals next year? And he said no, I don't you know, And he was pretty straightforward about that. But I think it was a message from Joe to let everybody know, Sure, yeah, I do think about not finishing my career in Cincinnati. And I think it's obvious why those thoughts have crept into his mind of all years, this year, just three years into his extension or two years into his extension. And you know, it was kind of a surreal moment with Joe Burrow. There are a couple of those today, but I will tell you Joe Burrow seemed more at peace and more relaxed today than he was last week. And I will say, looking back on it, it's almost as if he had gotten the news that we got in the public on Monday and Tuesday, he got that on his birthday last week. That's how it felt to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a little head of the curve and the understanding that this is going to be the exact same situation come next year. Now, well, we can get back to Burrow, but we played earlier trags a clip of your exchange with Zach Taylor where you're asking him about the contract extension and if there was in fact a contract extension, and I don't have ever seen this before Trags, But like he he chose to not answer, Like it seemed like a very simple question of hey, are you signed through twenty twenty seven?
Speaker 2: You know it's documented there.
Speaker 4: I don't think it'd be a big earth shattery piece of information to folks.
Speaker 2: But he didn't directly say yes. What was the reason with this.
Speaker 20: I think he wants to leave everything as vague as possible, and I think that's the way the Blackburns and the Browns want it. They don't want the specifics of any contract negotiations, whether past, present or future, out there in the public. And that was his way of dealing with that, And of course I found it amusing. You know, he said, you're going to have to ask the owners about that, and I'm like, well, we do not get the chance. And he's like, well, I'm sorry about that, and I said, I'm sorry too, but you know, we're not going to get any answers. And he knew the game we were all playing today. And I will say this for Zach Taylor. I know he gets a lot of grief for football decisions, and he understands that dynamic. But he is the only person accountable and answerable to the public for the organization. You could say Joe Burrow is, but that he's a player, Zach Taylor. Is it he gets paid the millions of dollars a year. He gets paid because he will be the mouthpiece. And one of the reasons I think they agreed to go after the twenty two AFC Championship appearance, not the Super Bowl the appearance to extend him again was the fact that the Browns and the Blackburns have the perfect head coach. He never gets upset, he never gets rattled. He is always got a smile on his face, even if the team is playing like dog crap. He has always got that optimistic outlook, and the Browns and the Blackburns love that.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you, Tracks Rock and I were we just talking about this a little while ago. Do you have since there are little fissures are starting to get cracks in the facade? Is he just like is it finally starting to wear him down? For lack of a better way to put.
Speaker 2: It, No, No, I don't.
Speaker 20: And I used to think maybe I'd say after the Bears game when it really got nasty and ugly. I know there was some backbiting, you know, between the front office and player personnel and the coaching staff, because you know, the player personnel thought that maybe the players weren't being coached the right way, and the coaching staff was like, what do you expect us to do with with the talent, especially the lack of talent on defense. The safeties were not upgraded at all in the offseason. The linebackers are two rookies that you're starting, and you wonder why you can't cover a lineback or a running back or a tight end.
Speaker 5: That's why you thought that.
Speaker 20: That maybe there was some animosity between those two groups. As it turns out, Dude's not going anywhere, Zach's not going anywhere. So it's one big, happy family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And and again I think, in my opinion, Trags that the defense needs so much help. It's hard to realistically believe that in one draft class, in one cycle of free agency, especially knowing again back to that same theme, knowing Bengals are not going to make some huge splash. You're not going to spend big time money and get a top, top guy. So again that that's where that's where the hopelessness kind of comes in. If we were sitting here and and it was like, boy, three, you know, top tier players for the Bengals, they just happened to get hurt this year on defense, and you know, and and we we know in the back of our minds the Bengals are going to do everything to get get a top tier guy. I think you could again, you have we have hope that, okay, this thing maybe can change around. But given the time frame and all the dynamics of what we know about the organization, that's where the hopelessness comes in about, especially about the defense.
Speaker 20: Well, James Rapine of SI dot com and Bengals Talk dot com had a great question in that regard today. He asked, Zach, look, after the twenty twenty season, you went out and signed some free agents. Actually, even the twenty twenty season, if you remember, you brought in DJ Reader, you signed Trey Hendrickson, you brought in chidoh Awoozia, you brought in some veterans in free agents free agency. Could you see doing that again this year because the Bengals will have cap space to do that And he said, well, that's always you know, and I'm paraphrasing here, but that's always the possibility. Our front office is always trying to work, you know, to upgrade our roster whatever. You know, answer that Zach was going to come up with. But that is the kind of thing that the Bengals desperately need to do with their defense. They need to do what the Patriots did in the offseason. They completely rebuilt their defense. I'm not saying the Bengals have two hundred million dollars to spend like the Patriots did, but they still can make significant upgrades and you do that with pieces that are already in place. I do like the way the rookie linebackers, especially Barret Carter, have come along. Shamar Stewart is an unknown, but if he can play to his potential, you sign a free agent or two on defense, on the defensive edges, you bring in a safety. I don't think Geno Stone's going to be here next year. You don't have to worry about that, So they're going to need a safety. So you look at all of those pieces, and obviously there'll be the draft in April, but I think the Bengal is going to have to go out and make a splash in free agency on defense.
Speaker 4: Well, of course they are, but Mike, what's your com is level that they're going to do that? You you covered this team for.
Speaker 20: A while, actually, Yeah, I actually think there will be some maneuverability. I think there will be some desire by the team to upgrade the defense through free agency, and I'd say two to three two to three players of note would be brought in through free agency.
Speaker 5: I do believe that.
Speaker 20: Now, maybe I'm being completely naive, but that's my belief at this point.
Speaker 2: I'd love it. I just don't. I don't know if it's if it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Michael Trollie joins us see on s since he writes for them the Jungle Rar Pod and always check it out after Bengals game. Great podcast with you and Richard Skinner.
Speaker 5: Ed.
Speaker 4: Kind of we were talking about this question earlier, Ed, I'm gonna ask it that just back to Zach Taylor. When Zach Taylor signed the contract to be the head coach, did do he was he made aware that, Hey, Zach, Also, by the way, we're not talking at all really just once a year, we're gonna talk. Other than that questions about even non football matters.
Speaker 2: You are going to be friends.
Speaker 4: Did he have that understanding or is that just kind of made clear early on that Hey, buddy, this is kind of how it's going to be.
Speaker 20: I think he had that understanding. I'm actually pretty confident he had that understanding. And ever since, anytime you hear Zach Taylor talk about the fans or we need the fans to show up, it is like he is a part of the marketing department. He literally is trying to help get fans out to the stadium and act like somebody in sales. I mean he really does so the answer to your question, I think he was made clear of that, like the moment he signed the deal back after whatever it was Super Bowl fifty three when the Rams lost to the Patriots. I think he was very aware of the other obligations beyond football operations and coaching.
Speaker 1: All right, well, tracks, we'll see how the rest of the year plays out. And on pass that really appreciate it man.
Speaker 20: All right, gentlemen, have a good one, Happy holidays and.
Speaker 1: Same thanks to us.
Speaker 5: Try.
Speaker 4: I appreciate uh jungle war pod and the ceiling s sensive.
Speaker 2: My Tris does a great job. I mean, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: To make a splash and free agency, I think we don't have that roles.
Speaker 4: Yeah again, that that's the hopeless that the hopeless feeling is in your head. If this was a franchise that took big swings, right what, no matter what it was, Hey, we're gonna trade up in the draft, we're gonna trade down in the draft. We're gonna, you know, sign this guy. And it's kind of a high risk, high reward situation, but we're gonna do it. I feel like that's what a fan base wants. But that's that's never that never happens. Other franchises, franchise that win, they take take big swings and they you know, sometimes they they don't work out, you know. I mean the Bronches took a swing for Russell Wilson that didn't work out, and you know that that hurt for a little bit.
Speaker 2: But now that's.
Speaker 4: Gone and we've they've moved on. They got bow Nicks and things are wonderful. But I don't think that a fan base used to see complacency, ry of just business as usual is what they don't want to see.
Speaker 20: With that.
Speaker 2: We check in with traffic and weather, what is going on?
Speaker 3: You see health traffic center, and you see's Cancer Center offering his advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreatic cancer clinical trials too. You don't find anywhere else get a second opinion. Now, I'll call five point three five eight five. You see e se see seventy one north Bottom Montgomery. It's an accident that's off on the right shoulder and getting worn out. In Kentucky, the two seventy five westbound between Highway four ninety five and the Petersburg exit is shut down because of an accident. If you can just avoid that area. Seventy five southbound rounder Wig and Highway to or what lad a little bout a fifteen minute to drive. Traffic is sewing from Shepard southbound seventy one Ronald Rigan Cross County Highway to red Bank is sluggish northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock, stop and go. We also have the heavier pockets on seventy one. As you're making my way southbound MLK two the Brent Spence up to about a ten minute drive now in a twenty two minute trip two seventy five Mastelder to Ward's Corner. My Bricks Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double D weld W.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy, thirty six for tomorrow cloud's early than late rain by tomorrow night, the high though of sixty. It is fifty four now and news radio seven hundred WLWO.
Speaker 2: Willy is the one person I know I can count on, my friend. I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham am here for you. It makes me feel good to be an American.
Speaker 12: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits.
Speaker 21: I rather have my arm nowed off by beavers than miss Willy's show.
Speaker 2: I'm here for you. All you have to do is listen to meet the great America. I want to be a great American, just like Willie. Bill Cunningham. Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 23: This report is sponsored by the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Speaker 2: What do we do to be safe and ready to go? Fun down? He gets low. Let's work together to ensure everyone.
Speaker 1: Here on Wednesday. That means coming up here at the top of the hour, We're talking to Willie Wednesdays with Willie. Yes, and let's just have him kind of get nostalgic on his thoughts on Christmas for as long as that lasts.
Speaker 4: Yes, the things that Willy is thankful for this being is what seventy eighth Christmas.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Yeah, I wow. See what gets me is that we all know the rich, the boon vivant, the man about town, the international man of mystery Willie. Willie came from relatively not I don't know if it was poverty modest but very modest background. Yes, it gets where he's done.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: So he's got a great backstory.
Speaker 4: Well he should elaborate that. We don't know if we have time for it on our show, but he should elaborate that on that on his uh our Christmas show over his house on Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: That you know what, if we get him doing that, that means we can just sit there and drink our dog and eat cookies.
Speaker 4: Tell us more will Yeah, okay, And then what happened in nineteen sixty eight?
Speaker 1: Right right? You know you're up to the Korean War? Go ahead. I don't think has he ever made it to the modern era? On his opening day speech in regard to the Red No, And.
Speaker 4: I've told him for ye told him for years, like now this year you need to start.
Speaker 2: You started seventy six.
Speaker 4: All right, let's even get past the first year of the Big River start on seventy six and then move on or maybe you know, start ninety start on ninety. Yeah, talk at length about that. Of course after that there's not a ton to talk about.
Speaker 1: But well, we'll we'll see again. We can tell him what he should do. He's going to do what he's going to do. End of story. Correct, we'll all find out together what that is. After the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati. What is scene as the rescue gone wrong?
Speaker 23: With the five o'clock report, I'm Sean Gallblager breaking now and Butler County. A man and two dogs were covered from icy waters.
Speaker 17: A man's body was recovered from the pond in Westchester at the Voa Metro Park Wednesday morning. A maintenance worker had noticed the items near the pond and footprints leading up to it called the fire department. First responders found two deceased dogs and the man's body in twenty seven degree water.
Speaker 11: The man's name hasn't been released.
Speaker 17: The fire chief says he assumes that the man went in to get one of his dogs out of the pond and succumbed to the cold. I Sandy Collins News Radio seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 23: Chester Fire Chief Brick Prince said, due to the frigid temperatures of the water, crews had to cut through ice with an axe and sledgehammer to get to the man.
Speaker 2: Not the latest traffic in weather together.
Speaker 3: From the UC Health Traffic Center. UC Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers and clinical trials you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five P one three five eight five U see see see. We have the enclosure of two seventy five westbound and Kentucky Highway ninety five four ninety five, that is to the Petersburg exit with an accident and if you can just avoid that area's police around the scene getting this cleaned up. Seventy one north bound of Montgomery, that accident cleared, so we're looking at better travel times. We do have the heavier pockets of traffic on seventy one northbound Smith edwards from Ronald Reagan Crosscamping Highway and southbound seventy one from MLK to the Brent Spence Bridge. Seventy five is sowing southbound from Ronal Wig and Highway to Norwood Lateral because of the road work, about a fifteen minute trip and southbound seventy five via Nect to the Brent Spence a ten minute drive. I'm rick Shrep News Radio seven hundred double d WYLDBD.
Speaker 23: THEA reports of an accident with the two right lanes block to seventy five eastbound. This between the seven forty seven Princeton Pike and seventy five exits.
Speaker 19: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 25: We keep it dry and comfortable overnight, briefly dropping into the mid thirties, but as the wind begins to pick up Thursday morning, we'll be in the upper thirties and low forties for the morning commute. Likely drive for the morning, but in the afternoon, scattered rain showers begin to move in. Could even see a few rumbles of thunder late in the day with a high near fifty three. It'll be wendy and then we get colder, dropping to twenty three Friday morning. From your Severe Weather Station I'm nine. First warning meter religis Mark Stitz, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: And radar at this time is showing a partly Claude sky. It's fifty one degrees. The son of director and actor Rob Reiner, who was accused of killing his mother and his killing his father and his mother, appeared in court today. Nick Reiner, charged with two counts of first degree murder and as being held without bond. His attorney Alan Jackson asking for a formal hearing for Nick to take place on January seventh. Former Hamilton County prosecutor in current Ohio State Supreme Court Justice Joe Dieters wants an apology from current prosecutor Countie Pillage.
Speaker 16: And it was so offensive to accuse my office of hiding evidence to convict an innocent man, is it? I don't know that she realizes the magnitude of that statement.
Speaker 23: Theaters with pilcutti him earlier today. Is he was reacting to the last week's announcement by Pillage that she was dismissing the case against Elwood Jones, who had his conviction from the mid nineties overturn granted a new trial in twenty twenty two. After spending more than two decades on death row pillage. This past Friday said an extensive review of Jones's case by her office found which she described as several critical issues. This included a lack of physical evidence connecting Jones to Rodon Nathan's murder, an inefficient, insufficient investigation of alternate alternative suspects, modern scientific testing that excluded Jones as a suspect, and the claim that the prosecutor at the time with hell critical evidence, which Dieter said wasn't true.
Speaker 6: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 18: Twenty of college Basketball to Night, Alabama State goes up against the Cincinnati Bearcats at six point thirty here on seven hundred WLW gigitald James has been added back to the Cincinnati roster. Xavier opens Big East Play hosting Creighton at six on fifty five KRC. Oakland up against NKUT six thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits winded to Baco in Party Town, thirteen locations at Northern Kentucky. Bengals Dolphins Sunday, Miami will go with rookie quinn Ewers at quarterback. Bill Edison seven hundred WLW Sports and another traffic update for you.
Speaker 23: Seventy one southbound between Ronald Reagan and Montgomery Road is currently closed due to police activity. Final numbers on Wall Street today the DOLL finishing down two hundred and twenty eight points, NASAC dropping four hundred and eighteen points, the SMP down seventy nine. Our next update is at five thirty Newsday Service at Queen City Ford. I'm Sean Gallagher News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Chumbuck Casino dot Com.
Speaker 2: I guess it is Ryan.
Speaker 28: For years, Chump has been setting the bar for online social casino fun and it just keeps getting better with new games released every week and daily bonuses to collect. The fun never stops. So claim you're welcome bonus now at Chumbuck Casino dot Com.
Speaker 23: No p'ree necessary p Gwoylimited.
Speaker 2: I lost et terms conditions on Plus.
Speaker 1: I'm Stephen Curry and this we are real people.
Speaker 2: We are Eddie and Rocky and this guy is the real deal.
Speaker 20: Right here.
Speaker 1: It is Wednesday round about this time, and every Wednesday at this time we talked to Willie. It is Wednesdays with Willy being brought to you by the fine folks at Joseph Chevrolet. Now, William, we're all going to be gone starting Friday, really after all next week. Now, can you tell us what would you share? Some Christmas memories, your thoughts on Christmas this year, your year in thoughts, since we won't be back until after the first of the year.
Speaker 8: Go well.
Speaker 12: Fortunately, the three of us will be together on Christmas morning. Yes, and I want to thank especially Rocky. He's got three little boys, who's going to leave them to come to us, have the heads of the five families and a special appearance Christmas morning at seven am. And I know he's going to have to get up at five thirty or six to drive in. You're live a little closer and I can see the station from my from my front door here. But the Christmas memories of me go back, shall we say a few years? It was pointed out to me by Elmo that in nineteen o three at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, the Wright Brothers flew for the first time, and that night I had them on the.
Speaker 2: Air, were in horrible earlier.
Speaker 4: That was a monumental day, and not just in your career, but Ohio history them and Bob Hope.
Speaker 20: And Joe Dieters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk about her.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it was fabulous.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 12: And then also you may not know, but thirty years ago today, the Great American was out in front of Cleveland Municipal Stadium trying to save if I could the Cleveland Browns to stay in Cleveland. I gave an inspirational address that Rocky heard earlier, in which I predicted if the Browns are permitted to leave to Baltimore, that the NFL would have difficult days, They would not survive, that the march across the land of desperate Browns fans would metastasize all over the country. That as a consequence, if the Browns went, shall we say, became the Ravens in Baltimore, they would never win another game, that they would be a failed franchise, and the Browns leaving would result in NFL fans turning their back on the league.
Speaker 20: How that turnout, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, they did win a couple of Super Bowls, But you know, other than that, I don't know. Than yeah, I guess we could maybe declare that a success.
Speaker 12: I think ray lewis maybe, And then the Browns have done really well the last thirty years, correct thing.
Speaker 4: And then by the way that the the you know the Browns, you know then Ravens. I mean they won that Super Bowl in like their first or second year.
Speaker 2: Was very quick.
Speaker 12: Yeah, as soon as they left Cleveland, they a winning Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: Well will you obviously you were up there for that game. That was the last game of the season, and it was it was Brown's Bengals, and if you remember, I wasn't at the game, but watched it of course, and the fans basically were dismantled the stadium. Well, it was insane.
Speaker 12: Matt Reeth, Matt Reeves had on Luke Rosa, there's a name from the past. We look over his shoulder, and there are fans with the chairs that they're breaking out of the stands and setting a bonfire to warm up in the dogtown. The dogs were cold.
Speaker 20: It was a cold day.
Speaker 12: And they dismantled and broke apart the stadium. I think the Bengals won the game, but they might have called it out with a minute ago because the fans were like going on the fields souvenirs. That wasn't a proud moment in Cleveland. It wasn't the best moment. Of course, the head coach was Bill Belichick and his top assistant was Nick Saban. I don't know whatever happened to those guys, and the Browns immediately fired those guys.
Speaker 20: And I don't know what they're doing obviously, whatever happened to those.
Speaker 4: Guys, right, Also, Jim Schwartz was on that staff. Who was He was my de coordinator with the Titans. He wanted won a championship with the Eagles a couple of years back, like long time great DC.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they didn't know what.
Speaker 12: I'm up there with Mike Trevizzano on the back of a flatbed truck, yelling and screaming that desperate Browns fans in the front row was the guy himself in that ugly dog face, and he was barking, and I'm talking about Hitler, Nazism. I'm talking about Concord and Lexington, the American Patriots, and I had them all fired up. They marched into the stadium and basically set it on fire and tore it apart. So and the upsher sort told let him go, and the concessions shut down and half time and everyone was told to go home because we don't know what's going to happen with the dog pounds, but they said it on fire, That's.
Speaker 5: What they did.
Speaker 4: So what I didn't get, Willie, was what was the genesis of you been there?
Speaker 2: Were you brought up there?
Speaker 4: Did they Did they tell you to come up to rile up the fans? Did you just go up on your own because you loved Cleveland?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 20: I don't love Cleveland.
Speaker 12: But Mike Trevizano and I were pals, and he invited me up tam I went up there with the segment the night before. In fact, we shared a bedroom together, me and the segment. I'll talk about his Mickey Mouse slippers in a moment with a Donald duck head. Nonetheless, I was invited by Trivesano and TM to come there because there was a concern at the time. You may remember that the Bengals. The Bengals were looking around and Mike Brown had gone to Baltimore, and there was a sense that Ohio might lose it all. And so I told Tim and Trevisano and those guys, look, if we need help in Cincinnati, you come down here to help us. I'll drive to the Kingdom of the North two hundred and fifty miles away, and I will help you keep the Browns in Cleveland. No, that didn't work out so well. But let me tell you.
Speaker 5: A segment story.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're in a.
Speaker 12: We're in me and the segment are in a hotel. And you know, I have a hard time sleeping with another man. He kept rolling on top of me.
Speaker 2: That's by the way.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I'm going so so I'm half asleep. It's dark, and I hear quack quack quack, and I look look up and I said, seg, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 12: He said, it's my Donald Duck slippers. I said, what are you talking about? He had Donald Duck slippers on, and every time he took a step there was like a little balls in the bottom of the end step and it would go quack. I said, say, you're like thirty years old and you got Donald Duck slippers that you had to put on on a car, but to walk to the bathroom at two o'clock in the morning. I'm sorry, Willie. And so from that point on it didn't sleep. So I was operating on adrenaline. The next day the game was like at one o'clock. I got there eleven o'clock. And we had a large desperate group of fans that marched around the stadium. They were half blitzed by that point anyway. Then I climbed on the back of a flatbed truck and led those fans in a desperate cheer to keep the Browns in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Now, Willie, were these people educated as to who you were? Did they just think you were some nutbag with a microphone?
Speaker 2: Work?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 12: Trevizzano did a lot of introductions. They had former players there. There were players from the late seventies and eighties who came on the back of the flatbed truck and as a loud speaker, and it kind of introduced me from Cincinnati, Ohio and all of that. There was a booze were raining down and then he said, but he supports the Cleveland Browns. I give you the great American Willie Cunningham from Cincinnati. And they did cheer a little bit. But if you got the video, I know it was played today once or twice.
Speaker 5: I liked.
Speaker 12: The fans were into it, and it was like a wave that started low, got a little high and at the end. At the end there I had them on my side. Then we marched into the stadium. The first thing I did in the stadium, I was with Furman two is well behind the bench. Belichick comes over with Nick Stateman, and I introduced myself to these guys and I looked at this young Nick Staban. I said, what do you use, I'm the defensive backfield coach. He looked like it was about a fourth grader. This was thirty one years ago. Got well, talk to Belichick about Jordan Hudson, you know, and I don't know whatever happened. And so, yeah, that was a big deal because the Bengals, you might recall, we're thinking about moving to and Mike Brown spent a game, he went to Baltimore at one point. It was in the stands when the Colts were playing before they went to Indianapolis, and he he was threatening to sell the team if the sales.
Speaker 5: Tax didn't pass.
Speaker 12: And of course, yours truly was instrumental. I was co chair to get the sales tax passed because I didn't want the Bangals to leave town. It's better to have a bad team than no team.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously you were in the thick of all that, and I remember when it was going on. But obviously there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff that none of us knew about. How close did that really come to happening in your mind?
Speaker 5: I mean the bank was yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, by that point, Paul Brown, his father had died, the father of football, he died, And yes, he said that we were losing money. The fans weren't coming to the games. They started at Nipper Stadium in the late nineteen sixties, and so by the mid nineteen nineties it was like, you know, we can't live like this. And the Riverfront Stadium didn't work at all anymore. It was never even completely finished. You might recall they were all concourses at Riverfront Stadium that were still not constructed, even in the right center and left field. I remember Johnny Bench hitting that big home run. It went into empty seats because the county never finished the stadium, and so everyone agreed it's got to go and needed a new stadium. And I think it was good on Mike Brown to go around the country as if he's ready to move the team, and that caused the taxpayers that voted in under the leadership of Bob Bettinghouse and he you know, we hit him on constantly and got it passed like fifty five forty five.
Speaker 26: And the rest is history.
Speaker 12: But he would have moved the team. In fact, I still say that within when the lease is up in eleven years, hold on tight because by then team's worth five billion dollars, might be worth six or seven billion, and there's.
Speaker 2: A chance that they'll move then.
Speaker 12: But at this point, let's enjoy what we got.
Speaker 2: That's all I can say.
Speaker 4: All Right, what happens in that situation, put your crystal ball hat on a.
Speaker 2: The Bengals then sell the team. B keep the team, but move it to.
Speaker 4: Whatever Antonio or somewhere in Texas.
Speaker 12: No, no, no in the NFL has an implicit policy that before a franchise moves, they must offer at fair market value the team to the locals, to the natives.
Speaker 20: And I am certain the.
Speaker 12: Guy that owns TQL and John Barrett Procter and Gamble they're gonna step up and say five billion dollars, okay, And I think the team's staying. But the Brown ownership is another issue, because you know, Mike Brown grew up in it, Paul Brown grew up in it. But Katie and Paul H. Brown they've grown up in it. But They're not football people, not even close. So I can see them taking the money and running. And wouldn't you that they're going to get it's paid off. It's worth five billion dollars every year. They have cash flow, a positive cash flow of about three hundred million, and they can't spend the money they have for generations unborn.
Speaker 5: And so I put up with it.
Speaker 12: And the only team that voted against equity firms buying a minority position because Mike Brown and his dad is such a horrible time with Art Modell and beginning fired, they will never let that team get out of their hands until they sell it. And you know they'll sell it at some point. Get a boatloaded dough and this, I think the team will stay in Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see how that plays out. But I'm i'm I totally am in agreeance with what you just said about change of ownership. I definitely think that will happen. I think they're fed up. I just don't really care that much.
Speaker 12: Well, we're off the regular shifts after Friday, but Christmas morning we come together as one. The heads of the five families together is one and now we have a new member, Mike McConnell's gone on to live somewhere in Florida off the Fatted Calf, and Tom brennan has fit in very nicely.
Speaker 4: Tom brenanhan well his first Christmas, Willie, Yes.
Speaker 2: It'll be.
Speaker 12: It'll be here at the house and Penny's already getting some things frozen up. We're gonna it around, have some brunch and have great time seven am on Christmas morning.
Speaker 20: You just don't want to miss that.
Speaker 4: Now Thanksgiving you have the ladies over and with the Manni's and the petties. Are we going to get the mannies and the petties while we're there too?
Speaker 20: Or what.
Speaker 12: Do you two guys want to manage?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 20: And a shoulder rub?
Speaker 2: No, I couldn't what you want. I couldn't want my dad in the eye.
Speaker 1: I want a good looking woman. You give me a nice shoulder.
Speaker 2: Besides, go to work two hours radio.
Speaker 12: That'll be it?
Speaker 28: All right?
Speaker 12: Well, I have some good tonight. I'm gonna get together the questions and.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great, all right, buddy, can't wait.
Speaker 1: Thanks Willie, God bless America.
Speaker 26: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was suret we didn't have time, but bo and think if you didn't hear this. This is true. Will He did have people over his house and he hired a team of masseuses and uh yeah, and on Thanksgiving manny petty ladies.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I told deb she thought I was kid. I said, she was laughing, and she said I should head over to Willis and just show up. I said, I'll call him right now and tell him you're on your way, and I guarantee he'll be said.
Speaker 2: Her to come on over, Yeah, come on ahead, give them give one ton.
Speaker 1: Eh, uh, shooting and that, and then I just show up.
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 1: Just get over there, Judge.
Speaker 4: You get your robine, Yeah, your gnarly toenails.
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Going on?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: From the uc Health Traffic Center. UCS Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex oliver and pancreas cancers. Clinical trials you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five one, three, five eight five U see see see what two seventy five is opened reopened west bound between Highway four ninety five and the Petersburg exit in Kentucky. That accident clear, but we still have about a half hour delays, traffic recovers. Two seventy five east bound between Princeton Pike and seventy five our right lane blocked. And on two seventy five eastpond at Elevenon Road, we've got to police cleaning up a crash air And again the delays on seventy five southbound from ronlwig And Highway to Norwarn Lateral about fifteen minutes because of the ongoing construction. And two seventy five east boond between US fifty two and five mile has the right lane shut down. Traffic sewing from Alexandria Pike and it is about a fifteen minute drive. Also on a seventy five north bomb between Mitchell and Paddock, playing on a ten minute trip. I'm Rich Rehrenp produced Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy thirty six to four tomorrow, cloud's early than light rain by tomorrow night the high though of sixty It is fifty four Now News Radio seven hundred WLW and there.
Speaker 19: Will be a big buzz in the arena when our basketball bear Cats look to handle the Hornets of Alabama State. Can you see swarm the paint and swat away enough balls to come out victorious? To catch the call live today at six thirty pm on seven hundred WLW or stream seven hundred WLW on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Eric Kendy Sing. Winter temps are upon us. It's time to get your heating tune up. With one Hour Heating and Erickindi Shing. They will have your system ready for these chili nights with twenty four to seven availability and a satisfaction guarantee. Book now at one hour airsincia dot com.
Speaker 2: Run a business and not thinking about podcasting?
Speaker 1: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky a little while longer, rock But before we do, let's get the very latest on the Nick Reiner case. Make an appearance in court today. Looks like Royal Oaks ABC legal analyst is with us Royal. What is the latest?
Speaker 26: The lightest is that we expected an arraignment where the charges would be read and the inevitable not guilty plea would be entered. But the high powered criminal defense attorney for Nick Reiner, Alan Jackson, convince the court to put off the arraignment until January seventh. He says it's too early to make a plea, and that's provocative because it's never too early to say not guilty. But if he's thinking, as he certainly must be, how am I going to present the metal status, the drug addiction, the homelessness in a lighte favorable to Nick? Writer? I think the defense lawyer wants some time to come up with his strategy.
Speaker 4: Were they able to see his you know, you know, how he appear at the arraignment? Did he sit there and did he nod? Did he say anything?
Speaker 11: Did he yell?
Speaker 22: Like?
Speaker 2: What was his demeanor?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 26: Nothing in terms of any extraordinary conduct. Interestingly, the judge did allow a courtroom camera to watch the lawyers, but no pictures of Nick Reiner. So probably it is very first step the judges trying to tamp down the publicity. Of course, people were called back in the day when things got out of hand at the OJ Simpson trial with the cameras and so on, so that that's going to be a big issue now.
Speaker 1: Royals you bing are you? Are you? You're not based in ITLA? Are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 26: I'm based in Los Angeles?
Speaker 1: You're in LA? What what's starting to leak out around the edges about this story because there are sources, you know, people who were at the party, maybe people who worked at the party, or people around that hotel that he ended up staying in and stuff. Are there any those stories starting to circulate?
Speaker 26: He absolutely. I mean, as you say, the guy that checked Nick Reiner into the hotel at four am on Sunday said he looked like he'd been tweaking, meaning matthamphetamine us. I guess. There was the confrontation with actor Bill Hayter where Nick Reiner, apparently at this coner of O'Brien the holiday party, tried to interrupt a conversation Hayter was saying, and Hater said, hey, this is a private conversation, and Nick stormed off, and of course the verbal confrontation with the dad. What we're hearing is that the nuclear core of the defense is going to be his state of mind, his years of almost in this drug addiction, mental illness, because I mean, let's face it, if the DA has the goods and a strong case that Nick did it, then the only real question is is he going to go for decades because of murder? Is he going to go for maybe ten years or less for manslaughter, or is there going to be a not guilty by reason of insanity deal where he goes to a hospital and is confined but is actually sent to prison. Those really are the three realistic options, and.
Speaker 4: Royal I know, you know the Winers had three other kids. Do we know anything about their relationship with Nick over the past decade and have they said anything recently?
Speaker 26: I haven't heard anything about their relationship. And of course we do know a lot about Nick because he collaborated with his dad writing that movie and filming it a decade or so ago about a similar situation, a young man son of a high profile person that was fighting a drug addiction. So really the focus has been on him to the extent the family may have mixed feelings. Like you know, in the Menenda situation, extended family members were saying, hey, let's help the sons get out because the parents were monsters. Nobody's saying that Michelle and Rob were monsters. And yet the family may be saying to themselves, look, we wanted to get help. We've been struggling with his his demons for decades. If he has to go to prison for a brief period, of time. Okay, we'd rather just get the help whatever happens. We want to avoid a murder conviction where he sits in a cell the rest of his life, or even as exposed to the death penalty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the death penalty thing, Royal, And I was going to ask you about that, because that's that's been kicked around a lot too. I don't see that as an option to you. I'm curious.
Speaker 26: Now here's the deal. California is one of the many states that still has the death penalty on the books, but as you know, our Governor Gavin Newsom doesn't think that it should be on the books, and therefore, through moratoriums executive orders, he's basically shut it down. No executions in California. Of course, who knows how long he's going to be there. With a person with a history of mental illness and addiction and saw on, it's pretty unlikely that he would wind up being sentenced to death after a murder conviction. That's certainly job number one for the defense team and probably members of the family, hoping they can avoid that fate.
Speaker 1: All right, with that, Royal, we will let you go, buddy, Thank you so much. You bet Banks Rock in other news. You know my mom's side of the families, from my people from West Virginia, West by God, and this happened there a couple of weeks ago. Guy suffered a gunshot wound while he said his rifle was being cleaned. When officers arrived, there were two minute at the house and they told the true story. They had been shooting out the second window of the second story window of the home at rats. So I guess one guy probably all beard up or whatnot, and one guy tried to take a take the gun from the other guy, and the gun went off and shot him in the leg. He's uh, he's all right. It didn't didn't kill him or anything. But the homeowner, Mark Fuller, was charged with one endangerment endangerment involving a firearm and just just discharging it within five hundred feet of a dwelling. So he shot his buddy, but that's not important. You just random firing out the second story going all you know, oswald on rats in your front yard. I guess it is frowned on.
Speaker 2: Did you say what kind of gun it was?
Speaker 1: I'm guessing a twenty two or I was it a blow?
Speaker 5: That guy like.
Speaker 2: That one would have hurt.
Speaker 4: And other news and speaking of and this is interesting because it's Ohio related Cyahoga County. So do you know what fishers are? Okay, So fishers are like they're like relatives of weasels, minx otters are kind of like little furry, kind of no marsupial ish type of creatures. Well, apparently they disappeared in in the Cuyahoga County area in the eighteen hundreds. You know, they're kind of hunted out and you know.
Speaker 2: More or less made extinct.
Speaker 4: But Cleveland Metro Parks has shared news of what they think is an incredible, impossible comeback, writing that is the first record in Cayoga County since the species originally disappeared in the eighteen hundreds. I think these fishers are back.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're going to say that it's estimated that the fisher was expatriated.
Speaker 2: Or or I guess or not expatriate, extra pat exterminated, you know.
Speaker 4: High But the mid eighteen hunters and the major cause calls were unregulated harvest and loss of habitat means they were hunted and sure houses were built and boom, Well how.
Speaker 1: Could they be making a comeback of that's.
Speaker 2: What's a miracle. And I don't know.
Speaker 4: They talk about conservation efforts and you know this and that, but I guess, you know, with creating more parks and things like that. For whatever reason, you know, nature finds a way. But they feel like, or they say that there's been spottings of these these fissure things on trail camps.
Speaker 1: Now, see, I I wonder if it's like some mad scientist thing or something, you know, because you always hear well, like you know, Jurassic Park and all that, because I saw not too long ago speaking of this type of thing. They're they think they have now have a way to DNA transplant and make a woodly mammoth I've been talking about doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah I have, right, Yeah, here here's these things are.
Speaker 4: If a fisher's primarily eat mice, birds and squirrels, how big are they?
Speaker 2: It doesn't say, but from what I'm saying, it looked.
Speaker 1: Like a raccoon bigger than raccoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe a little bigger than a raccoon, like a like an otter, yeah, sealed or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I never a mink, you know that, that that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never heard of them either, but apparently they disappeared in the eighteen eighties and now they're back. So go up to Kayakoga Cuyahoga County, folks and go find you a fisher.
Speaker 1: It figures in Cleveland they could come up with some kind of a new uh raant.
Speaker 2: Well here here, here's here's a video right here. Let me let me show see. It's like like like a like a bigger cat kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a good sized raccoon, is what it looks like.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, kids, fun and educational to the show.
Speaker 4: But I mean I feel like that there's been many instances of that, where not many, but more than you would think of. Like they think something's wiped out and then they boom, they find one.
Speaker 2: Didn't they do that with that Tasmanian not a Tasmanian type.
Speaker 1: I remember when they were talking about Buffalo worried almost instinct, and now all of a sudden, the nerd everywhere where, everywhere. Yeah, just just ask the people who get trampled by them out in Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: As they're getting their selfies.
Speaker 1: Right with that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on