Speaker 1: The Reds the Bengals from Mark Sanchez, which we'll get to here in a little bit.
Speaker 2: I say, yeah, Mark Sanchez, that's a whole different level of screwge.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was on Saturday, I was getting ready for my game. You know, you're checking social media and stuff. You're like what, huh, yeah, huh, you know, and then he's like, oh my god. The first thing you see is he was stabbed. So he was walking around in some miscreant staff, walk up and standing.
Speaker 2: Turns out up his wallet and got stabbed. Turns out this guy was acting self defense. The guy had already made Did you see that the guy had already pepper sprayed him, Yeah, and try to get him.
Speaker 1: He has a great argument of hey, I didn't want it to escalate the use of deadly force, but he gave me no no choice.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's talk about your Bengals.
Speaker 2: Head, dude. I've been reading some of this stuff today, and I think it was Jamar Chase said, well, we made a run at it in the fourth quarter. Look, you guys made a run from humiliation to simply embarrassment. Does that make sense? I mean yeah, And you could argue, okay, they showed some fight, they didn't lay down and all that sort of stuff. But it just shouldn't. It just shouldn't get to that point. And by the way, can can Joe Burrow?
Speaker 1: Can we just give him the MVP Trophy because without playing, he's shown he's like the best player in football. Because the Bengals went from a playoff contender to a team that looks hopeless.
Speaker 2: Well look at it. Also look around the division. They could have cake walked off with this division. Well, I know, Baltimore, what the hell's going on there? The Browns speak for themselves. The Steelers. The Steelers are the Steelers. They're always going to be around, but they'll go away.
Speaker 1: So well, And that's kind of the point I was going to bring up was on one hand, you know, because I think there's a lot of discussed now of Okay, you know, Jake Browning, God love him, he is at you know, one point, not long ago, I think, agreed upon as one of the best backup quarterbacks in football. But it just hasn't worked out. Some of his fault you know, you just can't have the picks. And and then and yesterday in the game, the the interceptions where there's clearly a guy in the window. That Angeloni guy is in the window, it's not like he was actually in the middle of field. And then as he's getting release, he jumps down into the curl he's standing this right and just throws the ball to him. So he can't have that. But also he's not getting any help. He has no run game. That's not his fault. It's not his fault that he's the leading rusher of the Bengals, which says a lot. You know, this offensive line was built to be pass protectors and operate with a Joe Burrow behind the behind him and not literally anybody else. So but but the question becomes, do you do you now go get a you know, all the names that they justin are I mean, Kirk Cousins is not that's not an option, too expensive, but Russell Wilson or Jameis Winston. Because you the point is you can't just say, oh, well, the hell with the season, because like you said, I mean, the Ravens are one and four, Browns are one and four, Steelers are three and one. Ravens got absolutely drilled by the Texans. The Browns lost to the Vikings, So you're still you're still in it.
Speaker 4: It's like, what do you do?
Speaker 1: I I don't I'm not sure that going and get at this point, I think right when Burrow went down, I think had they went and got a guy and he could have been had you know, two three weeks to kind of get into the flow.
Speaker 4: A little bit and then maybe you tried him out.
Speaker 1: But now it's starting to get to the point where how much longer, If if you wait much longer, I don't know if it's if it's even a smart move.
Speaker 2: So anyway, well, but considering what Jake Browning did whenever, that was a couple of three years ago when he came in and actually performed pretty well, I guess they were expecting that he was.
Speaker 1: Four and three as a starter and more and to twenty three again, I think you had a argue you had a little bit better run game then and in a better defense. That's the thing he is just he's up against it because he's not Joe Burrow and he's not playing on a team that is has a bunch of other strengths. It's the same exact defense. I'll reiterate this same as I said all offseason. When everyone's getting excited. It's the same defense as last year. Besides Demetrius not I think he's playing pretty good for a rookie, but that's not a big difference maker or anything. So I don't know, it's it's a it's a it's a tough situation.
Speaker 2: And well, the offensive line, man, and let's talk about that offensive line play, because it ain't there.
Speaker 4: I think Orlando Brown's done.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to bring him.
Speaker 1: Up, and I know he's had a great career and stuff, but we all get to a point where you just don't have it anymore, and for whatever reason, he just doesn't doesn't have it, you know.
Speaker 2: Logan Wilson also is kind of struggling out there as a linebacker, and just but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the offensive line.
Speaker 1: I mean, there were guys that were brought in to pass protect for Joe Burrow because we're going to throw it fifty times a game, and now when one player goes out, it's not it's not as easy to just plug another player who's not as good. And it's a completely different style than what you would do with somewhere other than Burrow.
Speaker 2: Well, that's and I think Jason Williams wrote a great column today about it. In that Okay, you know this is the rooster has come home to roost. I mean, you know it is. They put all their money on the two receivers and Burrow thinking, okay, they're going to carry the water for us. Hey, look if we win forty two to thirty eight, we still won. That ain't happening.
Speaker 5: It ain't happening.
Speaker 2: I thought the O line, the pass blocking wasn't awful. Awful though, you know they again, especially in that fourth court.
Speaker 1: Now you got to take the fourth quarter with a little bit of a grand assault because you know, I'm Detroit's rotating some guys in and they're they're playing to keep everything in front of them and not give up big plays at that sort of thing. So but I guess in a way, part of me is like everyone in the game in I'm like, well it was great.
Speaker 4: They showed fight, And it's like, is that where we're at. We're happy when they showed fight.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be there right now, right I don't want to be there right now with a and NFL team that still has you know, is still kind of in the mix.
Speaker 4: Still, it's really tough.
Speaker 2: Well, they're in second place, in the division.
Speaker 1: I know which and here's and you know, you could also argue before the season, you know, if they were two and three at this point with a healthy Droe, Burrow and everybody, it wouldn't be the end of the world. But it's how they've lost and how they've looked in these losses the last three weeks.
Speaker 5: It has not been great.
Speaker 2: Well, even with Burrow. They are another loss of way to the Browns from a crappy kicker for the Browns. You know, if that kid of connected on an extra point in a field goal, that's a good point. You know, where would we be then? Would you be asking the same questions about this team if they indeed did have Joe Burrow, I would argue they wouldn't be in the situation dran with Burrow, but could be Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the game plan again was was very you know, very conservative and very you know, but then just some throws that Brownie Maid just you know.
Speaker 4: You can only overcome so much.
Speaker 1: You can overcome turnovers when you got just absolute studs behind you, because you have the ability to change a game in one play like that, and this team just can't come back from those turnovers.
Speaker 2: All right with that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on well from the UC Health Traffic Center. Mad mcgraham saved lives called five one three five four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health Expert Team five one three five eight four pink. And on two seventy five westbound off amp to Coal Rain, crash on the exit ramp here it's alf of the right shoulder and police are there. We also have CRUIS at seventy five southbound near to seventy five in Ohio. Accident here being intended to Coal Rain. At Springdale Road a crash and at Glenaway at Sunset Avenue. Police also cleaning up an accident here now on seventy five southbound azer Chinalds of the Brent Spence Volumes are picking up. Got about a five minute drive through the area and again work on seventy five southbound between Ronald Ring and Highway and Norwood Lateral has traffic sewing from right around Cooper. It's about a five minute delay as that project's in place for a while longer. My brick Schrap News Radio seven hundred WYW the forecast from the seven hundred WLW Weather Center for to night's steady rain, maybe a little thunder mixed st int, the low of sixty five for tomorrow, storms possible, and the high of seventy It is seventy five down. Who's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: It's a three hour hoody hodown with Dave Lacla, Lance McAllister, and your favorite Orange and Black player. It's Bengals Live tonight at six on seven hundred WOW, a home of the Bengals.
Speaker 7: Covering this report is sponsored by all State. Some people just know you could save money on car insurance by checking all State first, those people are probably saving a car pack.
Speaker 2: With Eddie and Rocky and just talking about the Bengals game yesterday, Let's get to Bill and Alexandria right quick. Hey Bill, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Yo?
Speaker 2: Bill?
Speaker 9: So hey, I'm a little more optimistic and you know, and this is from someone who made the trip out the Colorado, you know, to see the game, and that was not a great experience other than the place is beautiful and the people were nice.
Speaker 10: So halfway through the third.
Speaker 9: Quarter, my wife and I were walking around looking for someone to get our money back from, you know, But I would say this you know, about what I saw on Sunday, I'm actually a little more optimistic.
Speaker 10: I feel like that they protected.
Speaker 9: Jake Browning a little better than they've been protecting Joe Burrow, and Browning made four or five really bad passes.
Speaker 10: You know, it's easy for me to be critical.
Speaker 9: I don't have some six to seven dude, you know, running down my third trying to decapitate me.
Speaker 10: You know. But the throw to Jamar Chase on.
Speaker 9: The out, if he throws that to the outside set of the end that was a bad pass.
Speaker 10: The one he threw out of the end.
Speaker 9: Zone, it looked like he double clutched his arm and I think that got intercepted.
Speaker 10: But the one pass that would have been.
Speaker 9: A difference in the game, if he throws the one ball to the inside the t Higgins, that's probably a touchdown, you know, and then they're really you.
Speaker 10: Know, they're probably back in that game. So if he can play a little better, you know, maybe they're gonna be competitive on Sunday.
Speaker 9: You know, I'd like to see him win. But you know, baby steps right now, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And again, as we've been saying, it's it's not all hopeless because of the rest of the division is not good. But for Browning it's tough because I think, you know, the first game he comes in, they win, but he throws three interceptions and look, any quarterbacks back, Okay, we got to cut down on that. And the coaching staff is canna be gonna say we got to cut down it. So they give him a real conservative game plan. Okay, and he looks terrible.
Speaker 4: And I think.
Speaker 1: They're kind of bouncing back and forth between letting Jake Browning let it rip and just accepting he's gonna have some interceptions, but he might you know, have some some great moments as well, like he did in the fourth quarter, or just try to you know, put him in a you know, in a you know more you know, trying to keep those those turnovers from happy. I just don't know if they know exactly which way to go with him.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, if you have Jamar Chase, I think you got to really figure out a way as that you can to get in the ball.
Speaker 10: He's a game breaker.
Speaker 9: Did you guys see the meme about they said Jamar Chase had where tackles like they lund?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I saw it. I mean one point he had more tackles. The it was the defense. I believe it was in the corners or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me ask you, Bill. Were you at the game yesterday?
Speaker 10: No, No, I was. I was safely on my couch. Yeah, but I was watching closely.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks buddy. One thing that I got and talking to. I got a buddy who was a season ticket holder and he sent me a text during the game and was talking about and I can I just from what I saw on Saturday, being downtown, we met some friends down to Findlay Market. I couldn't believe how many people from Detroit. I saw everybody's sporting Bengals or Lions and Tiger's gear and blah blah blah. And from what I what I saw and what I heard on television, they were represented. Man, those fans came down hard.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got home landed about whatever, you know, noon, and I was listening to Moe and Tony doing Uh Bang Will Show, and they were like at the bar they were at, They're saying a lot of a lot of Lions fans here, and from what I understand, you know, fans were you know, both verbally and just just kind of disappointed. You know, they're voicing their frustrations at at the product and you know, and and that's that sort of thing, so that that that's never good.
Speaker 4: When when when the natives are are.
Speaker 2: Leaving, well, when they this early in the season and they're turning on you, not good. Uh speaking of turning on uh.
Speaker 4: You're not good.
Speaker 2: The law not good. The law has turned on Mark Sanchez. And and like you, I saw, man, he must have gotten when he I saw he got stabbed. I thought, well, he must have got mugged and you know, robbed and Indie that's where he was. And then I said, and then I saw the next story was and Mark Sanchez is arrested. I was like, wait a minute, how do you get mugged and get arrested?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 4: I went from yes, s same thing when I first saw the news.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: It was actually me and my play by play part and we were in Memphis getting ready to do our game that night, and they're like, wow, I wonder what happened when you know, like you said, probably just got rolled, uh walk into his hotel something. No, turned out he was drunk and disorderly and he you know, kind of goes after the sixty nine year old and he's like a like a like an oil you know, delivery guy, like he takes like the cooking oil from a place and that sort of thing. It's late at night, and I guess Sanchez is like, hey, you can't park there. I was like, who are you like? Hoodey man, I can't park here. And then then an altercation ensued.
Speaker 2: The guy first pepper sprating, yeah, trying to calm him down, that I I assume, and raised him more.
Speaker 1: And then the guy had no no other resort but the Yeah, he's in the picture of the guy in the hospital room.
Speaker 4: He's all messed.
Speaker 2: He look. I guess he climbed in this truck and just started boiling.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's uh, let's get to who do we have here? I I can't see your what's your name? Man, I didn't I didn't quite get it. It's Jamon Jamen, all right, So Jamon, you your experience of the game yesterday?
Speaker 12: So interesting thing happened to me and my buddy. We're both season ticket holders for twenty one years. Right, obviously the game will blowout, but you know, we're still huge supporters of the team, always have been. So we get to the game. Things are going well for us. But my buddy and I are standing up on defense cheering our team on.
Speaker 5: You know how you would expect.
Speaker 12: A normal fan would be, not being like rude or anything to anyone, just you know, being loud on third downs. And so the Cincinnati Bengals stat actually came down to us and told us that we need to sit down so that the Lions fans behind us could see the game. And so at the time, I'm like, excuse me, like we're we're we're paying customers and it's third down on defense, and the guy said, you guys need to sit down or you're gonna have to leave, and I was like, you can, just you can, you can go away right now. And so actually the Lions fans behind us kind of set up and like they're not being a problem at all. So that that was like the beginning of it. So that happened, and the guy went away, and then he actually came back with security, and security like came up to attacking like they're going to escort this side of the game, until the Lions fans were like what is going on here?
Speaker 10: Like are you serious?
Speaker 12: Like so yeah, I thought that that was something that I never ever would have to experience at the Bengals home game that I would be told to sit down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially the home you know what I mean, Like, you.
Speaker 12: Know, exactly considering the circumstance right too, with like the the the product they're putting out on the field, you think they would be like very gracious to people who are loyal fans.
Speaker 2: And they're still naming it and thanks and especially you got Lions fans defending you right.
Speaker 4: Twist.
Speaker 1: Lions fans are saying, no, they're fine if they stand over the front of us, because God love him.
Speaker 4: They're still trying to hang in or whatever you can get with with the team.
Speaker 2: With that, we check in with the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: News, Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: ILLINOI, California and Oregon fighting back as legal battles ramp up with the three point thirty report.
Speaker 14: I'm Sean Gallblager breaking now.
Speaker 11: The Trump Administration's attempt to send federalized National Guard troops from different states to Portland, Oregon has been temporarily blocked. US District Judge Karen Immergut, a Trump appoint, granting emotion for a temporary restraining order file by California Sunday night. This coming after California Governor Gavin Newsom Sunday said he would sue the Trump administration after it federalized three hundred of his state's National Guard troops and planned to deploy them to Oregon. In Chicago, the mayor issuing a warning to President Trumpez the city fights back against increased ICE officials. This following one incident at an apartment complex where is to city have trash homes and hallway shattered, detained US citizens, dragging them, including women and children, into vans as a majority of them were said to be black.
Speaker 15: Establishing ICE free zones, banning immigration officers from any operation on public property, including schools, libraries, and parks.
Speaker 16: I cannot ter establishments without a valid warrant.
Speaker 15: Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson's signing and executive order.
Speaker 16: Trump's federalized ice personal military shot and killed someone, and I'm calling on this president to leave us the freak alone.
Speaker 15: There's been more scuffles during protests. Chicagoans claimed US citizens have been dragged into vans and detained.
Speaker 11: ABC News as Chuck Severerts and Illinois Governor J. P. Pritzker announcing that his state is suing the Trump administration in the sour holding a press conference calling out the Department of pull Land Security for a high definition video of produced to try and glorify the raid on that apartment building, which was shared on social media by DHS Secretary Christy Nome. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 17: From the Health Graphic Center Mammogram Save Lives called five one three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with ec Health Expert Team five one three e five eight four pink. Two seventy five West Pound Off after coal rain accident on the wrap right shoulder is taken up and then seventy five southbound here two seventy five here in Ohio, we have the right shoulder affected with a crash and the cleanup is underway. Watch for break lights and slow downs through the area. Coal Rain at Springdale. The accident here has crews on the scene. Also Glenn Away at Sunset an accident and seventy five southbound Azer Charles the Brent Spence stop and go buy a five minute delaying Again with the scattered rain in the area, reduced speeds advised on the wet pavement my brick shrap News Radio seven hundred double B Now the.
Speaker 13: Lateis forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WL JOB.
Speaker 18: Today would be the warmest day of the week. Look for isolated showers on and off into the afternoon. Heavier showers will come in overnight until your Tuesday morning. Part of a cold front. We could have some embedded thunderstorms and the heavy rain could lead to some flooding. Would dry out Wednesday and cooling down for the second half of the week from your severe weather station. I'm nine first one to meteorologist kjjcobson'sweatio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: And radar at this time continues to show some spotty light shower activity in areas of the tri State. Not a lot, just mainly Switzerland County, down in Southeast Indiana, parts of Claremont County, especially around Batavia, even in northern parts of Dearborn County or seeing some spotty showers mostly cloudy skies elsewhere in our current temperature coming in at seventy five degrees. It is an off year election, but there are some notable local races in November, like the mayoral election in Cincinnati and also city council. For Ohioans who are eligible to vote but have not yet registered, today, it's the final day to do so. That can be done online at Ohio sos dot up by the end of the day or at local county election boards until nine o'clock tonight On Tuesday, Early in person voting will started election boards, along with absentee voting. By reports of vehicles being broken into during the Bengals game Sunday afternoon, Ken Cober, president of the Cincinnati Fraternal Order of Police, says juveniles are breaking into vehicles looking for guns, and he's telling people to just leave them at home.
Speaker 4: You have to be a responsible gun owner, you know, even if you look.
Speaker 19: At it just just from the sheer moral aspect of it. You know, if I had a gun stolen out on one of my vehicles and it was used in a.
Speaker 20: Crime, I would feel terrible about that.
Speaker 19: Yeah, So to take extra steps to make sure that your gun doesn't fall into the hands of wrong people, don't I don't think that's too much to ask.
Speaker 11: Cober on with Scott Sloan seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 21: Here's a Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals dropped their third straight game Sunday and fall to two and three, and the Lions loss road game against Green Bay is next. More than night on Bengals line is six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night football Kansas City at Jacksonville at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty College football. Bearcats linebacker Jake Golday is the Big twelve Defensive Player of the Week with twelve tackles in a sack and the upset went over. Iowa State Red's update reports are all of the Reds coaching staff under manager Terry Francona had been invited back next season. Bill Edison seven under WLW Sports.
Speaker 11: Half Hour Trading on Wall Street, the DAL currently down seventy seven points, Nastick up one hundred and seventy eight, and the S and P of twenty five. Our next update is at four o'clock. I'm Sean Gallagher, News Radio, seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 2: In every industry there's premium brands, brands that I remember going to. It was the year after I graduated, but I still I was going out with a girl who was still a senior at Wayne and I went to the I think it was the homecoming I remember. But they had a live band, and you were and you danced to that. Wow, And I'll never forget this band. We were dancing to Stairway to Heaven. How do you dance to Stairway to Heaven?
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially when the when the when the rock park, you know, the breakdown comes at the end.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I'm saying. You're slow dancing there, You're kind of getting your but.
Speaker 1: To that point that every high school dance I went to played that song too, stair Way to Heaven.
Speaker 2: Oh it must be.
Speaker 1: This like that was the That was the set list. Well at Avenue Dance or Wheel that soundtrack out.
Speaker 2: Look. Man, if you had a garage band in the in the seventies, you had to do Stairway, Yeah, and or probably and Freebird.
Speaker 5: Had to do free Bird.
Speaker 2: But you have you'd have to have three guitar players. Two guitar players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most bands try to get by with two or one.
Speaker 2: What's really good? So rock? In other news, this happened in Texas. It's just a couple of weeks ago, we all find like Mark Sanchez beats up old men and alleyways and gets stabbed in the face or whatever happened to him. These fellas found a different form of entertainment in Harris County, Texas. Sean O'Donnell there was charged with murder in late August. It was reported the first week of September. When deputies first responded in the middle of August to o'donald's home, they found one Aaron Pratt, thirty four, with a gunshot wound to his head. He ended up dying from his injuries. Go figure authority first believed his death was a suicide, but then said things quote weren't adding up. Alleged le O'Donnell and Pratt were taking turns shooting each other in the head with a rifle while wearing a kevlar helmet. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Suppose I've seen those videos where someone has a like a bulletproof vest on and you're like, let's try this out.
Speaker 2: Like no, And surprisingly enough, while under the influence of alcohol, o'donald's still being held on three hundred thousand dollars bond. So as I always say, you must, you must approach decisions in life risk versus reward, Right, what's the what's the risk? Well, I die the reward, my buddy says, I'm not a was I don't know as that's about the size of it.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: Look, I've I've been pretty deep into the spirits a couple of times along the way, but I don't remember going. Hey, I got an idea. Why am I just standing in the middle of the road and see how close you can come to hitting me with the car going sixty?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 4: Buy this helmet?
Speaker 1: Office guy on Facebook Marketplace he set his bulletproof.
Speaker 4: Let's try it out here.
Speaker 2: Here's a gun, right, here's a gun.
Speaker 1: I'll stand twenty feet over there, shoot me square in the ad. Are you a pretty good shot?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Good enough?
Speaker 4: Fine?
Speaker 2: I have another? Do another shot or two? Yeah, another gen tonic and then let's give it a whirl with that. We check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 5: What's going on from the SALTH Traffic Center.
Speaker 17: Mammogram Saves Lives Call five one three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with the UC Health's expert team five one three five eight four pink. Well an accident takes up two right lanes on seventy five southbound Er two seventy five with the police on the scene.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 17: We've got Glen Way at Rosemot with a crash as well. Volumes are picking up on seventy five southbound from Western Avenue to the Brent Spence and northbound seventy one Ridge Torontald Reagan Cross County Highway about a five minute delay. Seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock Stoppago and seventy five southbound from the brent Spence down to Twelfth Street is also filling in again. We had the work on seventy five southbound Ronald Riggan Highway down to Norwood Lateral that's gone to delays back to Cooper about a five minute delay and a five minutes slow down to seventy five westbound at the Carrol Cropper Bridge with delays back to the Peters my Brick Shrep News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from the seven hundred WLW Weather Center for tonight's steady rain, maybe a little thunder mixed in the low of sixty five for tomorrow, storms possible and the high of seventy It is seventy five down Who's Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, mister Pinney, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what you see.
Speaker 22: That looks like Scott's Loan eating a meat loaf. And this one I see George Washington Washington. Yeah, he's playing paper football with Scott's loan. And this one I see a man and a woman making love very good, but she wants him to hurry up so she can listen to Scott's Loan.
Speaker 14: Scott's Loan, you may become obsessed.
Speaker 23: Join me scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 20: You are a disturbed man.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by Macy's Backstage. Macy's Backstage is all.
Speaker 2: You talking about p Diddy? And you know what, I'm sure we can talk to him about the Mark Sanchez thing too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we definitely got that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's certainly going to get lit up.
Speaker 1: And move that up to the top. Another news Z I'm gonna check it through this laughing too hard, But there's a new like sub section of drug users that people are starting to get concerned about. You know, the authorities and these are UK results, but they are talking about a group of people they're calling the silver snorters.
Speaker 2: I saw this headline article and this.
Speaker 1: Is basically, you know, folks in the seventy plus that have ended up in hospital care for cocaine use, and it's skyrocketed by a third in just two years.
Speaker 4: So as many as seven hundred and twenty three you.
Speaker 1: Know, baby boomers, I guess you could say, sought medical help for the class A drug in the year until March twenty twenty five, with eight.
Speaker 4: Of those being above the age of ninety.
Speaker 14: Figure was four and.
Speaker 1: A half times higher than a decade ago when it was just one hundred and sixty four folks in their seventies were seen by doctors for their cocaine.
Speaker 4: Use Leais Dan Yeah, leays Dan Schos.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight elderly cocaine users in their eighties needed hospital care, while seventy raged between eight seventy five and seventy nine.
Speaker 4: That's astonishing, Okay, So is that a lot or what is it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: While seven and twenty three silver snores may sound like an author's, roughly twelve point six million people in the UK who are aged sixty five and over, So there's a large group of people but the fact that it's skyrocketed by a third in two years.
Speaker 14: So what is that?
Speaker 24: Why?
Speaker 1: Why are are people their seventies, eighties and ninety he's doing cocaine, Especially considering all the stuff that's in that, the fentanyl and all the other horse tranquil Wiser stuff that's in it.
Speaker 2: I wonder why people in their nineties would would would risk something like that.
Speaker 1: You've made it that far, you've made it to your seventies, your eighties, your nineties.
Speaker 2: Well maybe you just figure, what the hell?
Speaker 4: What the hell?
Speaker 2: It's like that movie that you and I were talking about, looking for a Friend for the End of the World, where everybody's doing like Heroin and hiring hitmen and all that kind of stuff. Maybe it's that kind of thought you have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, You're like, well, it's the difference.
Speaker 2: Who cares.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go anyway, But I'm just what suck for your your grandkids and your kid's sake?
Speaker 2: Oh God, how did how did bird die? He got a line of line of coke on on his bathroom sink? Hey mom, why is uh? Why is grandpa so happy and frisky all of a sudden? Uh, it's it's the blow.
Speaker 1: It's this new thing that he's gotten into. I just thought that was funny. Of course, the name.
Speaker 2: Sis my grandpa biting at the air and laughing. Yeah, why has he been up for three days? That's about old people slept a lot, That's what I was going to say. I have a hard enough time sleep and I can't imagine doing a few lines of coke and just sitting around and I going, well, I know when I'm going to sleep. Now, I'll just have some coffee. Maybe this lady Rock was doing some some of the cocaine. Richard cam Strown, sixty seven, of retirement community Belmont Villa's in Long Island, was walking his dog a few weeks back when seventy six year old Kathleen Schumann emerged from her apartment with a gun and shot him in the face with a flare gun. God throw a trade add.
Speaker 4: Two thousand degrees or something.
Speaker 2: Seeing on the home security video, can shown let go of his dog's leashed and lunch at her. My next inclination was to get the gun, and I knocked it out of her hand. I was trying to protect my dog. You just got shot in the face with a flair. Don't care about the dog. Shoot the dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, dog's going to be on his own for a little bit.
Speaker 2: She claimed I was the devil and that I tried to murder her.
Speaker 4: She was definitely a Silver Snorter.
Speaker 2: Something was going on. Neighbor said. The two have feuded over her sitting outside with her cat, which she says was always upsetting the dog. I just asked her to keep okay that I would shoot this guy with a flairgun. I just asked her, can you please keep your cat inside? It's bumming my dog out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ah, all right, I'll show you next time you come by here. Let's let's talk to Doug in the Fairfield. Hey, Doug, what's going on? Bud?
Speaker 25: I was calling about the I'm still laughing about the Silver Snorers at their Rocky said it right, yeah, hey, But I think the difference may be because like you guys brought up like everything.
Speaker 24: That's cut into it.
Speaker 25: Maybe over in Europe that's a little different. I don't think it's probably it's probably trash and stepped on, but it's probably not.
Speaker 24: All makes look set and all.
Speaker 25: But I mean, when you get to be that old, I guess, yolo, you know what I mean?
Speaker 10: Like I'm tired see a little energy.
Speaker 25: But that last lady, I think she was possibly a silver snorter that was probably not snset of me.
Speaker 2: Exactly she was. I means, fuddy, I get yolo, but like, go buy a Lamborghini and just see if you can hit two hundred in it.
Speaker 1: Like that's yolo to me. But like dyane O Dean at you know, in your eighties or nineties.
Speaker 2: That just seems it might be, like like Doug was saying, though, over in Europe, I've gotten the impression that that's all. Cocaine has never really gone away like it has here because I never hear of anybody doing cocaine in the States. Amy, I'm just out on the loop.
Speaker 1: Well, that's probably a good thing, but the key word being might it might not have phentanyl And it's just a again that that's the same as the story you had earlier with the shooting each other in the head with the with the bulletproof helmet.
Speaker 2: Helmet might work, it might work.
Speaker 4: This cocaine might not have.
Speaker 25: It.
Speaker 4: We'll find out with that.
Speaker 2: We check in with the news News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 13: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l w Cincinnati.
Speaker 26: Fight in courts and in front of cameras between cities like Chicago and the White House with the four o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking.
Speaker 27: Now, let me be clear, Donald Trump is using our service members as political props and as pawns in his illegal effort to militarize our nation's cities.
Speaker 2: That is Illinois Governor J. B.
Speaker 26: Pritzker speaking just moments ago in a news conference talking about efforts by the Trump administration to send ICE agents in Chicago.
Speaker 27: For weeks now, Donald Trump, Christinome and Gregory Bovino have brought their militarized CBP and ICE agents to the streets of Chicago to cause violence and chaos in this city. They need to stop inciting our city's residents.
Speaker 26: He says that ICE agents raided an apartment building and detained American citizens along with reportedly naked children and others. And it was all shot on video, by the way, and then edited with music mixed in and posted online by Homeland Security Sector Terry Christinome. President Trump just as recently as this weekend, speaking to the naval gathering at the over the weekend on the South Lawn, President talking about hundreds of deaths dozens of deaths in Chicago, encouraging his efforts there. Meantime, the White House today criticizing a federal judge, the second now to rule that the administration cannot send National Guard troops into Portland, Oregon, against the wishes of that state's governor. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 17: From the UC Health Traffic Center, Mamma Graham, Save Lives call five three five eight four, pink schedule your annual mammogram with the UC Health sexper Team five one three five eight four pink.
Speaker 24: Well.
Speaker 17: Traffic is going on to seventy five at the Carrol Cropper Bridge as we have the work westbound delays back to the Petersburg accent in southbound back to US fifty in Indiana. That bridge work in place for a little while longer. We do have seventy five south near two seventy five accident with the two right lane spot Glendaway at Rosemont. It's a crash and heavier volumes of traffic on seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spence northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock, seventy one northbound between Ridge and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway about a five minute drive, and on southbound seventy five from seventy one Brent Spence Bridge area down to Twelfth Street plan On about a five minute trip. I'm Rick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double do WELW now.
Speaker 28: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 8: For tonight. It's rain, a chance of storms overnight in the morning. Low is sixty five, now four tomorrow, more rain. It's going to be a tough morning commute and a chance for storms continue. A high of seventy three at night, the rain ending and a low down to fifty four. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Media LA. Just Steve Rowley News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Radar shows clouds still some scattered rain in the Tri State, mainly around northern Kentucky. It is seventy seven degrees News a service of Postman Law.
Speaker 19: These kids, they know what they're doing. They're targeting certain vehicles that they believe are likely going to have firearms.
Speaker 4: Them and they're successful.
Speaker 26: That is Cincinnati Police Union President Ken cober on with Scott Sloan this morning urging people to leave guns at home and not leave them in cars if you're parking Downtown. Thefts from autos are up over fifty percent so far this year, Downtown police warning months ago that it is largely young suspects who are breaking into cars specifically looking for guns. And Fairfield Police putting out word today that someone called nine to one one this morning reporting an active threat at Fairfield High School. First responder say that was a bogus call made by a juvenile who is now facing charges in Butler County. On Wall Street today near the closing bell, the now ending down sixty three points, NASDAK up one ninety three and the S and P up twenty four seven one hundred.
Speaker 14: WLW Sports.
Speaker 21: He's a Bengals Day, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals dropped their third straight game Sunday and fall to two and three in the Lions loss road game against Green Bay is next more to night on Bengals Line at six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night football Kansas City at Jacksonville at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty College football. Bearcats linebacker Jake Golday is the Big twelve Defensive Player of the Week with twelve tackles in a sack and the upset win over Iowa State red S. Update reports are all of the Red's coaching staff under manager Terry Francona have been invited back next season.
Speaker 2: Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 26: I'm Jack Crumley, our next update at four thirty and Breaking News Anytime News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by Maderna. M Next Spike COVID nineteen vaccine. mRNA by Maderna is now.
Speaker 14: Of excite money. That's money, enter it now, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Macladian, Rocky and rock That's going on in the legal world.
Speaker 1: Yes, and yeah, we'll touch on Dinny because I know that was something we want to discuss our next guest. But I think we also got to hit on Mark Sanchez and what he's going for through and just that what a crazy situation that was. But I'm reading he could face six years in prison. I had I believe three misdemeanor charged, but then they threw a felony on him for what happened over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk to our legal authorite on these matters. He is our good friend, Jeremy Rosenthal. He's been a prosecutor, he's a defense attorney. Jeremy. What do we have to say about our good buddy Mark Sanchez other than don't be all liquored up at an alley way in Indianapolis on a Saturday night.
Speaker 20: You guys have seen the butt football? Have you guys seen that?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 23: Okay, anybody any any listeners out there who have not seen the butt fumble? Just go on YouTube and you'll see that, and you'll see that's the highlights of the Mark sinchez Era.
Speaker 20: He never played for the Bengals.
Speaker 1: I don't think he did, not, No, no, no, yeah, I was saying earlier, Jeremy, he's got an odd career arc. I mean, he took the Jets to two AFC Championship games lost, but then yeah, the next year he has the butt fumble, and then after the then he just kind of.
Speaker 4: Cratered and never played for another team.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if that actually that play is somehow intertwined with what happened over the weekend and being drunk, and it's kind of an unfair deal he got if he's in, if he has the butt fumble when he plays for Cleveland or Cincinnati or the Titans, or it's not a big deal.
Speaker 1: But New York media, man, they absolutely hammered that thing. Uh anyway, probably beside the point. But it's just I kept thinking about Mars Sanchez and went thinking, God, what a what a crazy way for what looked like a very promising career to unfold.
Speaker 20: That's how I'm defending the cases. The butt fumbles, That's that's that's where we're going. We're going right there.
Speaker 23: You know, look, you gotta sometimes you just got to show the jury the bright, shiny thing that doesn't have anything to do with your client trying to accost a sixty nine year.
Speaker 20: Old truck driver.
Speaker 23: Yeah, boy, what a bizarre what a bizarre set of circumstances. I think we're going to obviously learn more as this thing goes along. What was kind of curious to me was that when you receive stab wounds yourself, you normally don't get charged with a misdemeanor. Right, normally that's the other guy, because the other guy, well, sounds like he won the fight, right, the sixty nine year old guy sounds like he wins if Mark Sanchez has stab wounds, but maybe not.
Speaker 20: What I'm reading is the severity of the injuries to the truck driver.
Speaker 23: And and for those of you who don't to recap, right, so, yeah, he's getting into it apparently over a parking spot with the truck driver in somewhere in Indy because he was covering the game, uh, for for television.
Speaker 20: And I guess I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he's hammered?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 20: Do we know that for certain?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: The guy said the guy who he attacks said that his breath reeked of alcohol, so we imagine that's part of the situation.
Speaker 23: Yes, okay, okay and and so yeah, so so they get into it, and I guess Sanchez tried to enter the cab of the truck. Uh and and uh and that's where things, you know, kind of took a turn for the worst. But look, yeah, if you are if you're burglarizing a car like that in Texas, Uh, there are the castle doctrine. It is in some ways kind of like attacking your home that you you have extra rights of self defense. If somebody is carjacking you, you can you that. So it's a very dangerous situation. And luckily everybody's alive, including Mark Sanchez.
Speaker 20: But yeah, this this thing stinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now what do you if you're defending this guy, what's what's your defense? I mean other than the of course, the classic butt fumble defense, what how are you going to defend this guy?
Speaker 23: Well, if that doesn't work, the first thing we do, guys is we get paid. We get paid a lot, of course, right, we know that. Okay, so that's all right, So let's assume that that happens here. Uh, really, what you're doing, I don't know what you do here? You you you really try to give the whole thing context. If I'm if I'm defending Mark Sanchez, I'm having him come into my office. He's telling me about what happened, right, tell me, tell me you know how this went around, tell me how this how this happened. And and I would bet you that there's a really good chance Mark Sanchez says that is not what happened at all. I was going over here, and then this guy kind of gets road rage on me, and then you know, maybe he brandishes a weapon and I kind of went into my you know, my USC Trojan days and I had to I don't know what that means, but you know, he goes any any an he tries to mess with, you know, tries to go do that.
Speaker 20: So I'll bet you, I'll bet you that's probably what's gonna happen. Now he's telling that story, probably to his own lawyer. I don't know that he's told it to police.
Speaker 23: I guess you know, when you go to the hospital and you're treated for stab wounds, you're pretty doped up to the gills.
Speaker 20: And you probably you admit to things like shooting JFK.
Speaker 23: Right, So you can't really take that very can't really take those confessions very seriously.
Speaker 20: Although in Texas again, we.
Speaker 23: Would be like, oh, well, where were you, you know, on November twenty second, I'd be like, yeah, I wasn't born, but I still wouldn't you know, they would still run the traps.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 23: So anyway, so we don't know if what he we don't know what he told police, We don't know how much information he gave them, but that that's kind of where I'm starting.
Speaker 20: I'm just like, dude, what what what happened here?
Speaker 23: Maybe there's a defensive issue, right, Maybe maybe this other fella pulled out a weapon. Maybe maybe they got you know, crossways and this guy, you know one uped him and said, yeah, well how about this?
Speaker 22: You know?
Speaker 20: So yeah, that's kind of what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see how this plays out, but yeah, it's gonna be pretty much there will be stories told. I guarantee you through all of this. Let's just yeah, let's witch gears here too. Are a good friend?
Speaker 23: Uh well, if I do have a question though, I do have a question though, which which one is Mark Sanchez or the truck drivers?
Speaker 20: Which are the Red Raiders? And which are the bear Cats?
Speaker 4: And wow, you get it, guys, you got you got no.
Speaker 20: You guys had a big wing this weekend.
Speaker 2: What the Cats did to Iowa.
Speaker 20: That's that's impressive.
Speaker 29: Man.
Speaker 20: You guys were not. You don't have the Red Raiders on your.
Speaker 23: Big twelveth schedule this year unless unless we meet in Arlington for the championship.
Speaker 20: So so you don't want any piece of this Red Raiders squad.
Speaker 1: I'll just tell you well, and I went to look because I didn't think that you see played Texas Tech, and you're right, they don't. But yeah, maybe in the Big twelve champions championship game. I don't know, but yeah, you see is like firmly on the map here.
Speaker 23: Yeah, can you guys do a remote spot? You know, if you guys are down here in Arlington, you know we can. You know, we can have a little legal football and that we can you know, whatever, just just something.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go push for it.
Speaker 20: Brother.
Speaker 2: You show us around some of the hot spots there in the area and we'll get drunk and hang out a alleyway and beat up truck drivers if we get bored.
Speaker 20: Drinks drinks on you guys. Okay, let's do it all right.
Speaker 2: Get deep into the tequila switching gears. How about our friend Puffy, What's what's going on with him? He's been sentenced and whatnot? Is there an appeals process here?
Speaker 24: There is.
Speaker 23: There's not a whole lot that he's able to appeal, but yes, there's an appeal appeals process. Really, the sentence doesn't surprise a whole lot of people.
Speaker 20: Given the acquittals.
Speaker 23: You have what are called the federal sentencing guidelines. It's a big matrix you score. There's an X axis and a y axis, and again having gone to Texas Tech, it's.
Speaker 20: A little out of my league.
Speaker 23: But on the graph, the one is your criminal history and everything that if you've ever had a criminal history, that's that's one.
Speaker 20: Of the axes. The other is the severity of the offense. In particular.
Speaker 23: You get points for being an organizer, you get points for being the kingpin, you get points for taking pictures of your guns, with your drugs and things like that. And it's all about how many points you have on this matrix. So that's the federal sentencing guidelines. And where Dinny scored was between five and seven years, and the judge gets discretion the describe. The judge could have hit him for twenty, but I don't think anybody really expected that the government was asking for eleven. His law rex asking for back time. Judge hit him for four, which is below the guide, right below the guideline range. But the judge can do that with some special reasoning. The judge can also go above. That's what really triggers a good appeal in the federal cases. If the judge hits them for like eighteen years. The judge really has to show their math in that instance, so that I mean, he could appeal things from the original trial, but he'd had a pretty good day in court there too. I mean, he won those trials. So look, I mean, it probably doesn't feel like a wind a day because he's in the joint, but he's going to get out and have a life after this.
Speaker 1: And you're right, a lot of people didn't think that was going to happen when this case started. What did you think when it first started?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like a lot of people are like, oh, he's cooked, you know, all these you know, salacious things. But I remember thinking salacious sometimes doesn't translate to illegal, you know, in different ways. What did you think about this case? I guess before it started and then now here at the end.
Speaker 20: The Feds are really good. The Feds are really good at investigating.
Speaker 23: They're very thorough. They investigate things to the bone. If the Feds indict you, they're already ready for trial.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 23: They're the state of the art. There, the kreme de la creme. However you want to call it a law enforcement. All law enforcement at certain levels reach they just do. They let their eyes get bigger than their stomachs in some instances, and it's hard to know when they do that, and it's hard to know when they're not doing that. They had multiple raids on I believe on his house in Los Angeles and I think in Florida, and there was a lot of pizaz.
Speaker 20: There was a lot of sizzle on this story and a lot of and on these charges.
Speaker 23: But at the end of it, you know, you're trying to basically sort of argue that that P Diddy is al Capone, and I just don't think the jury believe that.
Speaker 20: I just don't think the jury saw it quite that way.
Speaker 23: He's a bad guy and certainly merited every minute the prison that he gets, but he's not He wasn't Tony Montana.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, all right, Uh, well apparently he showed his little friend to a lot of people though according to according to facts. Uh, with the With that, we will let you go. Jeremy, thank you so much, have a great day, grace.
Speaker 4: Thanks Jeremy.
Speaker 2: So you know who's more screwed, Puffy or more Sentiez.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know if Sanchez will actually do jail time it sounds like, I mean P Diddy is right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's going to do some time. But you know they've all been talking about how he was teaching, mandoring people teaching him business classes.
Speaker 4: If I were a judge, I would not be swayed by that one iota.
Speaker 2: When you got videos of you like kicking the snot out of women and stuff like that going to play out.
Speaker 5: For you, not gonna work out well?
Speaker 24: Uh?
Speaker 2: With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on the forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather center for tonight's steady rain, maybe a little thunder mixed int the low of sixty five for tomorrow, storms possible, and the high of seventy It is seventy five down. Who's radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: When you're feeling overwhelmed and tired, I'm here.
Speaker 14: When times are tough. I know I can count on Bill Cunningham And you may be feeling beaten like a birthday Pinonta.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I wish I could give him a big wet kiss and say thank you.
Speaker 2: But my friend Willy is here to heal.
Speaker 14: My wife keeps asking me, why can't you be more like Willie.
Speaker 2: Open your ears and hear my mighty words of hope.
Speaker 14: Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 11: Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: From the UC Health Traffic Center, Mammogram Safe Lives called five one three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health Expert Team five one three five eight four pink. Well seventy four eastbound off ramp to northbound seventy five. That exit ramp is now shut down. We have a crash here with police on the scene, so watch for the soow downs here and stop and go. Condition seventy five Southwestern Avenue to the Brent Spence Bridge. Two seventy five westbound at the Indiana Kentucky state line in the construction zone. Looks up, We've got an accident here and thanks for the tip call with that. And we have a seventy five sowing southbound at the viaduct now with a crash just reported off on their shoulder. Also State Route twenty eight east and west Wood Point Drive to Rhone Road police on the scene of a crash, and then seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddick is about a ten minute trip by a seven minute drive on southbound seventy five Donald Riggan Highway down to Norwood Lateral due to the road to work sow downs from Sheppard my Merix Rep News Radio seven hundred double D weld W.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by block dot com.
Speaker 30: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Kyle, founder of Blindster dot com.
Speaker 2: I started, we'll talk about Diddy. What do you got?
Speaker 3: Straight from the American Psychiatric Association, the dark sunglasses denote a sociopath personality.
Speaker 24: You know, Hillary and Joe Like, there's.
Speaker 2: Also so ergo the dark He always did wear dark glasses, didn't he.
Speaker 3: That's straight for the American Psychiatric Association. Denot it's a sociopath personality.
Speaker 4: So's the expand upon that.
Speaker 2: So that's a characteristic of a sociopath, is the often wearing of of dark shades.
Speaker 3: Uh, they seem to prefer them.
Speaker 24: That information for what it's worth, Well.
Speaker 4: I mean certainly a correlation. He's definitely young spring.
Speaker 1: I just think he's a guy is just so big and so much and so powerful and lives in so much success.
Speaker 4: Yeahn't know what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Well, shoot, you and I both remember I don't. I couldn't put whatever From the two thousand to two thousand and eight or whatever, you know, a time frame on it, but there was a time frame when he was the biggest thing in Prisac.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 1: He's the biggest, And there's got to be something about. Look, everybody has dreams and things they wish could happen. It's got another thing to actually be able to anything you want. You know, I want you know, two Brazilian midgets and and and a horse here with a party full of mariachi band and they get like, all right, we can make that happen by tomorrow, you know what I mean, anything you want. And that's gotta be a weird feeling to have that that that sort of power.
Speaker 2: It would be like almost like having a genie. You wish for it, right and you could, and it'll mess you up. Yeah, there's no balance upon what your imagination and that's getting further and further decrepit what it can dream up and what you can actually make happen.
Speaker 5: Most people have.
Speaker 2: Even if you have some sword thoughts in your head, it's like, oh, never gonna happen anyway, So what's the big it's gonna happen. Well, that's what I'm saying. He could you just said it. He could dream the wackiest, awfulest thing possible. Boom, it all happen. Somebody will do it for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody will do it for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, we'll get that.
Speaker 2: Done with that. We check in with the News. News Radio seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 13: News, Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Pritzker says Trump is trying to create a crisis using the Guard as props for political gain. With the four point thirty report on Sean Gallagher breaking now, Illinois becoming the latest state to sue the Trump administration over its plans to send National Guard troops against the wishes of state and local government. A federal judge recently blocked the administration from sending the Guard to Portland, citing no clear evidence that a federal force is needed on the ground. In Chicago, officials there say federal agents with ice have already caused chaos and violence as protesters, US citizens and children have also been caught up in clashes. Illinois Governor J. P. Pritsker an accusing the Trump administration of intentionally inciting chaos so the President can make up excuses to send the garden.
Speaker 27: Donald Trump's deranged depiction of Chicago as a hellhold, a war zone, and the worst and most dangerous city in the world was just complete bs. He clearly has decided to declare war on a great American city that has the lowest homicide rate in sixty years, in a state that has record employment and near record tourism.
Speaker 11: Prisker accusing Trump of using service members of political political prompts and his pawns, and what he calls the president's illegal effort to militarize US cities. California Governor Gan have a newsome Sunday announcing a lawsuit against the administration after Trump tried to send three hundred federalized members of that state's National Guard to Oregon.
Speaker 14: Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 17: On the UC Health Traffic Center Mammogram Save wives called five one three five eight four, pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with the UC Health expert team five one three five eight four PINK. And traffic on seventy four eastbound off Ramptus northbound seventy five being diverted. That exit ramp is shut down because of a crash, and the crews around the scene getting that handled. Two seventy five westbound at the Kentucky Indiana state line in the construction and accident to report now seventy five southbound at the Via Doctor crash off on the right hand side and State Round twenty eight wood Point to Rowan Road is solid with a crash now seventy one northbound Bridge Toronto breaking Cross County Highway. It's about a seven minute drive southbound seventy five. Have you Western Avenue to the Brent Spence and northbound seventy five I'm Mitchell to Paddock slowing. I'm Rich Rep News Radio seven hundred Ladies.
Speaker 13: Forecast from a train heating and cooling weather center on news Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 8: Tonight scattered showers, but the rain really picks up overnight. A morning low is sixty five. It'll be a wet commute Tuesday itself, rain and a chance for storms. The highest seventy three at night, showers early then ending, and a low down to fifty four. From your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Hey, most of the cloudy sky for the majority of us in the Tri State, but seeing some rain shower activity move into parts of southern India Southeast Indiana, as well as some light spotty spots in western Hamilton County and around downtown Cincinnati along the River, but nothing significant right now. Our current temperature is seventy six degrees Hey shooting he went in Hills late Sunday night, leaving a woman den in a man is ownt facing charges. Cincinnati Police before eleven o'clock responded to kings Ron Court where twenty three year old Rachel Counts was found, who died at the scene. Twenty three year old to Mari and Horn was arrested. He's now charged with murder. CPD's homicide Unit continues to investigate Today. The last chance for Ohio wants to want to vote in the November election to register or update their information. This can be done online at ohiosos dot gov before the end of the day. In Person registration can also be done at local county election boards. They're open until nine tonight. Then on Tuesday, early in person voting gets underway at the election boards, running through Friday from eight am to five pm daily. Then there's absentee voting by mail, which also begins.
Speaker 14: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 21: Here's a Bengals update, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals dropped their third straight game Sunday and falled at two to three in the Lions loss road game against Green Bay is next More to night on Bengals line at six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night football Kansas City at Jacksonville, Age seven on ESPN fifteen thirty College football. Bearcats linebacker Jake Golday is the Big twelve Defensive Player of the Week with twelve tackles in a sack and the upset win over Iowa State Red Supday reports are all of the Reds coaching staff under manager Terry Francona, have been invited back next season. Bill Edison seven underd WLW sports.
Speaker 11: Final numbers on Wall Street today the Dell dropping sixty three points, but the Nasset game one hundred and sixty one and the smpup twenty four points.
Speaker 14: Our next update is at five o'clock.
Speaker 11: I'm Sean Gallagher, who's radio seven hundred WLWS seven.
Speaker 31: Hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio station make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio ad Listen for all your music radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 13: Men, summertime is here and that means vacations, summer barbecues out and.
Speaker 2: Rocky coming up. At the top of the hour after the news, we'll have our good friend Dave Lapham with us talking about that game yesterday.
Speaker 1: All right, ed, So we're often talking about lottery winners and what you would do and what certain people do if they hit the jackpot. Well, this is a pretty crazy story, so naturally it takes place in Laura, England, the Florida View. So Adam Lopez thirty nine years old. Okay, he lives in a small village outside of North Norwich, England, and by by his account, he has seventeen dollars in his bank account. Dude is broke, goes to the store, buys a lottery ticket, a scratch off a million millionaire maker scratch off lottery ticket and bangh is it for one point three million dollars. So Adam, of course, you know, hires a lawyer. He gets a financial guy he invent Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: No, he does not do that.
Speaker 1: He of course prompatly quits his job as a fork left driver, buys himself a car, buys his mama car, and then spends what he determines as going on a three month long on party. She's just just doing whatever he wants, with whatever he wants and whoever he wants.
Speaker 4: That sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, he just received a what he's called a massive wake up call when he was rushed to the hospital in September again. Lopez told the News that he has been partying for the last three months when the good times came to a screeching halt. He was diagnosed with bilateral pulmonary embolism. A blood cut clod had formed his leg, made it all the way to his lungs, made him unable for him to walk or breathe or anything.
Speaker 4: So, you know, he's burned the candle at both ends here.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 1: I knew I was, I knew what I was doing was going to come to an end. Eventually, it nearly came to an end in the worst possible way. Lopez ultimately spent eight days in the hospital for being released. He said that doctors told him it will take him between six and nine months to fully recover from this.
Speaker 2: Dude, Let's face it, a million dollars is a million dollars, There's no doubt about it. But and the hell's a guy see in these forties, Um, and you're gonna ask that thirty nine, thirty nine, Yeah, you start behaving like that, million dollars ain't gonna last long. I don't care. You can just you could live a normal life and keep your job, and if you, you know, you could be a little extravagant with it, and I don't know if that's even gonna last you the rest of your life. Start doing if you just do crap like that, I bet you think I did it even last those three four months whatever it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did not say what his bank account is currently at.
Speaker 1: But I mean, to your point, a million dollars in twenty twenty five isn't the same as a million dollars in nineteen eighty five or ninety nine whatever, you know, which is not not the same, especially when you consider, Yeah, the lottery two is worth one point three, so that's actually probably down to you know, seven point fifty buys a couple of cars.
Speaker 4: Now he's at half a million. You know, so anyway, that's uh.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you had a help of a part of it.
Speaker 4: He has something to remember, so uh so good for him, Yes, so.
Speaker 2: Uh he could have what he could have done then is taken some of that money and bought himself.
Speaker 20: There's Uh.
Speaker 2: This is a Chinese EV uh maker. It's an electronic car. You know these things, they're they're really making them. Obviously the technology is getting better. The uh these Chinese folks have made that. This company has made a new EV sports car that has just surpassed the Bugatti as the fastest EV production car made. Wow, how fast do you suppose this car, and this is a street legal car is a zero to sixty We're talking a quarter Uh. They says blah blah blah when it's on a test track. The top speed that it reached, it doesn't say whether or not it was. I assume it was just doing laps or something. Two hundred three hundred and eight miles an hour.
Speaker 27: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, I've been in a EV one time. It was a one of those Ford Mustang mock or mock ease. It's it's it's not a Mustang. It's like an suv, but it's a you know, it's good's got a like a you know, kind of souped up and I was shocked at how fast that thing would accelerate in the torque and and everything. And yeah, I mean the zero to sixty times and those things are absolutely incredible. And yeah, now they're out doing a Bugatti, which not long ago was the it was a thousand horsepower car, and now it's out doing that.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you we were when we were on vacation down in Lauderdale back in the wintertime. I mean it was I saw more than one Tesla uber driver. So these uber drivers are driving Tesla's. Yeah, and so we're into this guy who's driving us in is and I'm talking to him, but I was like, how do you like your Tesla and blah blah blah, and he's, uh, oh, I love it, blah blah blah. And I said, what can I pick up these things have? And he goes, oh, watch and he just jams into the floor and that thing jumped out from underneath them the seat. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would never have guessed that was one of the selling points, or I guess you know high points of of a ev.
Speaker 2: Well, any I've never that's the only I I'm trying to think, but I'm pretty sure that's the only electric car I've ever been in. But anything, you know, you see him, and it just seems like they just kind of build up speed as opposed to immediately responding like yeah, no, yeah, those things you you step on the accelerator, can't call it a gas pedal, and they go. Now are they started putting those noisemakers in them because you know, and and not and not being funny at all, but because blind people were going to get hit by him because you again to hear them gumming.
Speaker 4: You can't hear them. And I've always said this.
Speaker 1: You know, one reason I've had a couple of muscle cars in my life, and one of the main things you like about them is the sound, right that roar that engine like I got muscle car roar.
Speaker 4: There's nothing like it.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna sell me a Corvette that'll yeah, go two hundred and fifty miles per hour, But I I can't hear it.
Speaker 2: There's something they agree with my senses here. Just you hear it whistle right, yeah, And I get that same thing that that mock e that I drove.
Speaker 1: It had artificial sound, and I think I can't I didn't know if it was like if you heard it outside or if it was just like inside the car.
Speaker 2: That's what i'd heard they were gonna do. They We're gonna put some kind of whistling device on the front of it.
Speaker 1: So isn't it like kind of having a fake diamond ring? Like you may you can act like it's the real thing, but in your heart of hearts, you know it's not.
Speaker 2: Well, when I was a kid, you had those sound I don't know what you'd call it, for lack of a better term, a sound machine that you could put on your bike and it sounded like a motorcycle.
Speaker 4: Oh really okay, Oh yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: A kind of a thing there for a little bit, which was kind of really yeah, but you're riding on your twenty inches, you know, huffy there, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like that is if anybody has an electric muscle car, let me know how that's working out for I'd love to see if if you can get past that or if it's weird or not. But that would be a hold up of for me buying a muscle car with that that's supposed.
Speaker 5: To go fast with that.
Speaker 2: Let's check in and see if there are any EV's out there screwing up traffic.
Speaker 17: Is actually the Dodge Charger EV has that exhaust that you can turn on from inside, and it's like it's supposed to be like a V eight exhaust.
Speaker 5: That's what it's, you know, trying to imitate.
Speaker 17: And yeah, and they've had that for a while, and you know, and you know, purists are kind of laughing at it. They don't necessarily like it, but you can start it up and it'll make that I can't it's a I can't remember the exact name of it. But what I saw the other day, and I'm not kidding you, somebody got ticketed because their electric car exhaust was too loud. I thought that was pretty funny.
Speaker 4: So they're fake exhaust too loud.
Speaker 5: It was too loud and they got a ticket. Wow, that explain that one.
Speaker 2: Dad's right, right, I'd want to have a chat with the coffee Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, we're right. Talk here from the UC Health Traffic Center. Mammogram Saved Lives called five one, three, five eight four Pink schedule your annual mammogram with uc heals Expert Team five WIN three five eight four Pink Exit ramp to shut down seventy four eastbound off ramp to seventy five vehicles overturned on the ramp. Have you duty micro now on the scene getting that taken care of. In seventy four westbound arr Bolt, we have a crash off on the right hand side. Crewis are there? Getting that handled? Seventy five southbound is about a seven minute drive now between Western Avenue and the Brent Spence Bridge. Northbound seventy five stop and go Mitchell to Paddock and northbound seventy one over Ladle to Ronald rig and Cross County Highway about an eight minute drive. And on two seventy five east bound Mosteller to seventy one, picking up some extra travel time here up to about a seven minute drive. Rick Shrimp produced Radio seven hundred w WELW the forecast.
Speaker 2: From a seven hundred weather center for tonight's steady rain, maybe a little thunder mixed in the low of sixty five for tomorrow, storms possible and the high of seventy it is seventy five down. News Radio seven hundred Wlw's.
Speaker 13: It true Tom Brenneman names his pants and his favorite is called Percy.
Speaker 5: That is not true?
Speaker 13: Is it true that as a child Tom Brenneman hit under the covers and listen to the radio and he's incredible hulk jammies. Well, that's one of those yes, and those sort of things. It's a true Tom Brennaman bus these buns to start your day, right, That's true and I'm proud of it.
Speaker 8: Join me for the latest news, traffic from Chuck Ingram, weather from Jennifer Ketchmark, plenty of laughs and a whole lot more.
Speaker 13: Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Breaks for Less.
Speaker 20: Breaks for Less is what we do.
Speaker 14: We know drums, roads, pads issue.
Speaker 20: It doesn't matter what kind of car.
Speaker 14: You got it.
Speaker 2: Chinese manufacturers got an ivy that just broke Bugatti's speed record on a track of over three hundred and four miles an hour.
Speaker 14: I believe it was.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Sean. Hey Sean, thanks for holding buddy.
Speaker 5: What do you have?
Speaker 24: Hey man?
Speaker 30: I just wanted to say, like, what's power in those things?
Speaker 24: Is no different?
Speaker 30: One of those old turntables. Though with the direct drive it's kind of like a hub motor. It's like instant speed, like almost the second you put your foot on the accelerator, it's going to go that exact speed.
Speaker 1: That's my understanding, right, so then they don't have to transfer through the you know, the shaft and all that, right, and then go to the wheels something like that.
Speaker 25: You know.
Speaker 30: It's just it's a lot like those scooters and electric skateboards and electric bikes, they all got the same thing. It's a hub motor, direct drive motor, something similar to like the old direct drive turntables.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thanks Sean, that makes sense. But like I said, I was just surprised from having seen EV cars on the road. They just seemed to just like build up to it. But these things obviously just flat get down. Yeah, I think it's actually a lot of them are quick. But I think you would think that, yeah.
Speaker 4: You would just they would ease into it, but they.
Speaker 2: Go now rock When in other news, when you were a kid, yeah, you might play a little prank here and there, get into a little mischief, yes, y of course, nothing nothing too crazy. Just like these two little rascals down in South Carolina. A couple of weeks back, two juveniles unlawfully entered the rail road facility there and started an engine that was hooked to two other engines.
Speaker 4: Wow, started a train engine.
Speaker 2: Police say they drove the train engines around the yard before then taking them out onto a rail line that connects with Greenville, South Carolina, from where they live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's joy riding and then there's this. I mean that sud be cool.
Speaker 2: But when they tried to return to the real yard, they collided with parked railroad cars caused the derailment of the engine and damage to one of the park cars. This was a dangerous and reckless access, as the police chief, railroad property is not a place to play. Now, you would think that something like that would be a little more secure than a couple of fifteen sixteen year old kids could get there and start up a freaking locomotive.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's the thing though, is It's like, if you work for you know the the you know the train company, right, well, no one would be dumb enough to come in here and do that.
Speaker 2: See kind of catching with their pants down a little bit. I can't I want When I was a kid. I always wanted to hop a hop a train and just see what.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, I thought the same thing. How cool would that be to just, yeah, sit on the back of that thing and just see where it takes. I mean, it's like, a it's a misdemeanor, isn't it. At least I don't know they frown upon that, like, oh, it's not a no. Yeah, they don't even once you're walking around train tracks, right, Yeah, But.
Speaker 2: I was always afraid what you see always in the movies where there's like, you know, some deranged hobo one there or something who cut you up all right, or or you know, the more romantic thing in your mind is that you ended up paling around with the hobo guy and then you have a campfire at the end of the night and make yourself some beans and yeah, and.
Speaker 1: It turns out he's like really a multi billionaire who just didn't like the lifestyle, and he's super wise and he gives you all this great information for life. Yeah, Or my fantasy is actually a female hobo and it turns out it's actually Gwen Stefani in disguise, and she's like, you know, I just wanted to leave the whole spotlight life. And this is the best way I could do it, to kind of blend in, get away from all that. And now look I've stumbled across you. I we kiss and make love right there in the train box car whatever? Oh wait, is this the one I don't mean right? I was talking about some.
Speaker 2: Old guy giving me words of wisdom, and we're talking fantasy, smoking cigarette butts and eating beans. You hook up with Gwen Stefani.
Speaker 4: Well, it can happen. It's my fantasy. Dammit, anything can happen inside beside these two years.
Speaker 2: Quinn, what, I can't believe your hobo on a train. I just decided to give it all, to.
Speaker 4: Give it all away. And look now I've met you, and my life is complete.
Speaker 2: It worked out.
Speaker 14: I just saw it with her.
Speaker 2: I think it was her birthday yesterday or something. I don't tell me how old she is because it'll ruined my fantasy. It's getting old. She's like fifty five, honestly, I mean, I'm just I mean, that's not old. But that surprised me that she's that old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she said the point where it's you know, I understand the stresses of it.
Speaker 4: All, but there's a lot of surgery going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big time.
Speaker 5: I still love her though.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: With that, we check in with the thought of Rocky sitting out the campfire making out with Hobo Gwen Stefani. Uh, think about that during the news right Now, News Radio seven hundred WLW News.
Speaker 13: Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 26: A big pushback from Illinois on the White House with the five o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking now.
Speaker 2: There is no invasion here.
Speaker 27: There is no insurrection here, and local and state law enforcement are on the job and managing what they need to.
Speaker 14: Illinois Governor J. B.
Speaker 26: Pritzker accusing President Trump and ICE agents in Chicago of thuggery. Illinois now the latest state to sue the Trump administration over its plans to send in National Guard tree against the wishes of local and state leaders.
Speaker 27: The Trump administration is following a playbook cause chaos, create fear and confusion, make it seem like peaceful protesters are a mob by firing gas pellets and tear gas canisters at them, why to create the pretext for invoking the Insurrection Act.
Speaker 26: The governor also says agents rated a south side apartment building and detained American citizens, all for a slickly edited and produced propaganda video that Homeland Security is now circulating online. The state of Oregon also suing to block deployment of the National Guard to Portland. A second federal judge just yesterday, this one of Trump appointee, ruled on the side of the state to block those troops from being sent. In the White House today saying that her opinion is untethered in reality and law. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 17: From the UC Health Traffic Center Mammogram Save Wives called five one three five eight four Pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health's expert team five one three five eight four pink. Couples of issues on seventy four first eastbound off ramp to seventy five north exit ramp shut down because of an overturned vehicle on the ramp and a heavy duey director on the scene. Seventy four west bound of Rye Bolt. It's the right shoulder taken up with the crash and the seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spence. It's about a ten minute to trip. Seventy one north bound between Norwood Lateral and Ronald rig and Cross County Highway. We have heavier pockets of traffic and seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock is about a nine minute drive right now. Also on seventy one north Pound after Red Bank, just getting reports of a breakdown. Now this has got the right lane taken up. Police are on the scene and seventy one southbound MLK to the Brent Spence but a five minute drive by brick Shrimp produce Radio seven hundred WDWILWD.
Speaker 26: Seems of normal backups as well. Westbound on the Norwood Lateral. There is also a report of a crash westbound before the Paddock exit. That will add to any potential delays that are building there for afternoon drive.
Speaker 28: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 8: For tonight it's rain, a chance of storms overnight. In the morning low is sixty five. Now for tomorrow, more rain. It's going to be a tough morning commute and a chance for storms continue. A high of seventy three at night, the rain ending and a low down to fifty four from your severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Radar show scattered rain in the tri States seventy seven degrees. News is a service of Postman Law and underage teen was arrested today after they allegedly called nine to one one to report an active threat at Fairfield High School. Please say that it was a bogus call and at no time was anyone in danger. That juvenile suspect right now was charged with felony counts of inducing panic and swatting. They are currently being held in juvenile detention. Fifth Third Bank announcing today it is acquiring Comerica Bank, based in Dallas, a ten point nine billion dollar stock deal that, if gets the green light, would create the ninth largest banking conglomerate in the US. On Wall Street today, after a day of trading, the Dow ending down sixty three points, Nasdaq up one ninety three, the s and P up twenty four. Bengals head coach Zach Taylor was asked if he still has confidence in Jake Browning following yesterday's thirty seven to twenty four loss to the Lions.
Speaker 32: Do I, of course, after a game like that, we're gonna look at all personnel to make sure we're doing the right thing. So I won't shy away from that because it's a very fair question after the amount of turnovers we had.
Speaker 5: But to say that I don't think Jay can win games? Was I believe Jake and win games?
Speaker 24: First?
Speaker 14: I do lots of talk about it in town.
Speaker 26: We get more now from the second.
Speaker 30: Man w.
Speaker 14: Sport.
Speaker 21: Here's a Bengals' Day brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals dropped their third straight game Sunday in the two and three in the Lions loss. Road game against Green Bay is next more to night on Bengals Line at six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night football Kansas City at Jacksonville at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty College football. Bearcats linebacker Jake Golday is the Big twelve Defensive Player of the Week with twelve tackles in a sack and the upset win over Iowa State red S Update reports are all of the Reds coaching staff under manager Terry Francona, have been invited back next season.
Speaker 2: Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 14: I'm Jack Crumley.
Speaker 26: Our next update at five thirty Breaking News, Anytime News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by all State. Some people just know you could save money on car insurance by checking.
Speaker 14: Also of College entered this nationwide keyword on our website. Deposit. That's deposit.
Speaker 24: Enter it now.
Speaker 2: All right back with Eddian, Rocky and Lock on Monday's Round about this time. I always like to talk to Argus and Dave Lapham and lap Is there anything good to say about what happened yesterday?
Speaker 5: Not a whole hell lot of I mean.
Speaker 2: Get that miners pick out there and pick us out a nugget.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'm gonna have to do some uh some real digging to find the nugget, man. You know, I mean, how you doing rocket everything?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm okay in there, Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 24: You know, it's it's like now here here the Bengals have lost reena row, and they've lost reena row by significant scores. I mean, you getting your doors blown off by Minnesota up there and uh. And then you go to Denver and you get smoked twenty eight to three and only put three points on the board. So, you know, thirteen points in those two football games outscored seventy six to thirteen. And then they they lose to Detroit by thirteen. They play a little bit better. I guess that's probably the thing that we could say there was minor improvement, you know, but they still have a long long way to go before they rest, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. I wanted your perspective, lap On. You know, you were at the game. What was the crowd like, what was the feel of from the fans down there at pay Court Stadium?
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean they were ready. You know, the fans are ready to see the Bengals perform at a high level against a really good football team. The Bengal fans are smart, they're intelligent football fans that I know the National Football League. The Lions are a good football team. You know, Golf is a hell of a quarterback. I mean his numbers are staggering. Really, He's putting up some serious numbers, completing well over seventy percent of his passes and you know he's scoring points, accumulating yards. The thing that I think is the biggest, most noticeable, glaring difference in my mind watching them play against the Vikings and the Broncos and the Lions, is those three football teams are balanced, and the Cincinnati Bengals are trying to be, but they just can't get there.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 24: It's like, in my mind, even though this era of football, everybody wants to throw the heck out of it, they want to get the ball down the football, still want to score quickly, big plays, chunk plays. Teams that run the ball consistently well always hang in there and do well and have a good season, good solid season. They're in there in the playoff hunt at the end of the year, you know, trying to qualify with the highest possible seed they can going into the playoffs. And you know, most most of the times win a playoff game or two. And I'm not saying that they're a Super Bowl champions year after year, but man, running the football, it makes it so much easier life, so much easier in the National Football League. If you can show some physicality and show the opponent that, man, you can you can physically handle them, knock them around a little bit, get them off the knock them off the line of scrimmage. You know, then you can play act pass and that that's a big, big weapon. Boy, it's you know that that's the key. And you know Rock playing linebacker, it's like, man, you run the ball effectively, You put the ball in that running backs bell and you pull it out of there, and you still have to respect it. You have to come downhill and meet that meet that running back where he's got the football.
Speaker 5: You know it right?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean we look at the Bengals linebackers, like when you got Jamir Gibbs and Dave Montgomery run at you, you were damn sure coming downhill and then boom, here comes the play action pass. And there is no play action pass without a run game. But but the issue I see lap is this seems not built to run the ball. It's built to let Joe Burrow just chuck the ball around the park. But guess what, Joe Burrow is not playing. So now we got a line that's you know, better pass blockers than than run blockers. And and now you've got a quarterback that could desperately use, as you said, some complimentary football. But it just makes it even worse, uh, with with Jake Browning in there, because now because he don't have a run game to lean on, and he's not Joe Burrow from passing the standpoint. And I think it's why we're seeing what we're seeing.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I think you make all valid points. They're great points, you know, and they're gonna have to be able to get back to a running attack. I mean, you know, I think both offensive tackles. He's a big dudes man, you know, six seven sixty eight, you know, three hundred and fifty plus pounds, three to three fifty to three sixty three sixty five. They should be able to move people. They should be able to knock people off the line of scrimmag to move around. They should be able to create some running lanes. And you know, Ted kas has been around a while. He's proven he can run block, He's proven he can come off the line of scrimmage with a low pad level and you know, sink his hips and get underneath people and leverage him a little bit. You know. My question is the guards. I think the guard player has been sporadic because there have been so many of them in the mix. I mean, it's like cheez. They've gone through a bunch already. It's been a merry go round to the guard spot and you know, you're it's in the garden. Tackle on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Work together. It's it's key to spend some time working together practice, you know, preseason games, regular season games. And they haven't had those kind of snaps. I mean they've had minimal snaps, literally a handful of snaps in some cases, and they don't even know, you know, what the other guy's going to do. You know, it's like, oh, gee, shaw I passed this off. Is he going to be there? He's supposed to be there. I'm not sure he's going to be there though, you know.
Speaker 33: And then you make a call and yeah, yeah, make you make a call and you think, ah, he's you know that this will pick it up because that's a good adjustment they made defensivey, but this call handle it.
Speaker 24: And then it's like, wait, does he know that call? You're not going to be able to handle that with him. You know, I don't want to embarrass him or put him in a bad spot, but you know, this is what we need to do to win this football game. So I have to call it, you know. And now, like you said, you're questioning yourself, you're hesitant, and you can't play football that way.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that lap, but what's your experience as an offensive lineman playing with a backup quarterback?
Speaker 1: You know, how different is that for you? Is there more responsibility that falls on the line? How did you approach that if in fact that that situation did happen to you as a player.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean, Turk shown it was the guy that was the backup quarterback that I played, you know, the most snaped with, and he was great. I mean, he literally was the best backup quarterback in the NFL in my opinion, And and he could have started at a lot of places with a lot of teams in the National Football League. I honestly believe that Jake Browning is the best backup quarterback in the NFL right now. And you know, in this era of Cincinnati Bengal football, I think he could start, you know, for teams in the National Football League. So what you what you have to do is go out there and let him shine, let him show his best stuff, you know. And uh and again that's ah, that's not putting it all on him, you know, don't don't put the burgeners ponssibility every single play. He has to be perfect throwing the football, you know, get that balanced attack we've been talking about, get that running game going, so you know, there's less pressure on him to have to be you know, just amongst the best quarterbacks in the history of the National Football League just to move the ball.
Speaker 2: So lap, what do you attribute that to? Is that the offensive line play that so far, Let's face it, Jake Browning has been less than stellar out there.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean, you know, the turnovers, you know, I think the actual throwing of the football. He's got nobody to blame but himself. You know, you can't. You can't throw the ball behind receivers and expect the good results. You know that he's got too many interceptions, turn it over too many times, and it's been locating the ball, and that that hadn't been the strength to his I mean, he puts the ball in really good places normally, whereas receivers to make a play on the football. And you know, he knows that his receivers have good hands. They'll catch the football though tucket, you know, high and tight and and not stick the ball up in terms of turnovers and then get up the football field and pick up yards after catch, yards after contact. He knows that all that's available to him, but right now he's just not playing at that high level.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that lap, do you and Zach left the door open in terms of, uh, you know, another quarterback? What's your gut tell you? Does this team turn to a different direction? Do they go with ripping? Do they go with Sean Clifford, Do they go with Mike White? Do they bring in somebody off the street?
Speaker 27: What?
Speaker 4: What do you what do you think happens here?
Speaker 24: Yeah? I mean I think everybody you know wants to wants to hang uh Jake Browning in effigy, you know. I mean they were uh, you know, a firing squad and and uh bringing fire. But but I don't I don't think the Bengals organization, ownership management, uh you know, I don't think they want to do that. I think they feel like they've had good performances from Jake Browning, you know, just a couple of years back. I mean, shoot, he did a great job for them in Super Bowl season. He was he was a heck of a story that year. So he's shown that he can do it, you know, but not so far this year. It's just not happening for him.
Speaker 2: So let's also talk about the about the d yesterday. Actually they got smoke. Let's just space that there's no other way to put it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 2: It was right to think a better way to put it. But that's just that's the fact.
Speaker 24: Now they get handled, you know. But I think I think, uh, you know, they they've had their struggles often on the thing. The thing that they're looking for is consistency, and really they've been just the opposite. Inconsistency has been the label. It's been the world of the day for them, and you know, and that's that's tough. Al Golden is putting in his system, his his way of doing things, and I think he feels like guys are getting it, they're understanding it. It goes well in practice, it's gone well in preseason games, gone well in some cases in the regular season. But you know, sometimes in game day, guys walk up and they make mental mistakes and you know, just freeze a little bit, and you know, when you when the when the bullets are flying, man, when it's live action, sometimes that can happen to guys, even the guys have been around for a little bit, and I think that's what they're going through right now. They're just they're adjusting to a new scheme and and trying to become as familiar with it as they possibly can.
Speaker 1: I guess what I worry about, lapping, And I've been on teams that have vastly underachieved and and we're disappointments. I'm sure you have too, But I think I see happens is guys start worrying about the guy in the mirror and less about the team, and I worry about you know, does Higgins and Jamar Chase start worrying about, Hey, how come I want I'm not getting my catches? You know, the you know that that sort of thing I think can possibly happen. Does that concern you?
Speaker 24: Yeah? It does rock you know, it's it's You're right. I think it can happen, and it does start to happen. It can poison a football team. You know. It's like you just you don't want selfishness. You don't want players worrying about individual stats instead of you know, what's the best scenario here, or how do we how do we make this football team better? How do we win football games as a team for this football team, not as an individual. And and and these guys, I don't want to make them sound like theirself because they're not selfish. These guys are are are all team players. They could be selfish, and you know, I could understand it, but in credit to them and who they were raised by from a parental standpoint, and who they were coached by from the coaches at a young age. I mean, they were taught right. There's no doubt about it. These guys are great people in terms of you know, just everyday life and then as football players. And this is where leadership has to start to take over to you know. I mean, obviously, Jake Browning is the quarterback, is in the natural leadership position. He's the guy that controls, you know, the tempo, the flow of the game. It's it's not flowing freely enough right now. So leaders have to step up and get everybody to get into their playbook a little bit more, you know, and and study the playbook and study the game plan specific to that opponent for the week, and do everything they possibly can to get the worm turned. Because they're running out of time. I mean, you know, all of a sudden, before you know it's going to be middle of the season. It's like, man, what happened?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 24: How do we get into into this bar into the season? So they that worm has to turn quickly and hopefully it does against Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Well, Rock and I were talking about a little while ago, Lap and with the state that this division is in. Man, what a horrible time to be not performing because let's face of Baltimore is a mess. Browns or the Browns and Pittsburgh they're okay, but they're not world beaters.
Speaker 24: Yeah, it's this, uh, this is like shocking to me that the the AFC North is, you know, not one of the best divisions in all football, because it has been for a lot of years. I mean, you know, you got you have a lot of a lot of cities, a lot of franchises with you know, NFL history that's been very very positive, you know, I mean a lot of great players, a lot of great coaches, a lot of great games that fans can look to and and and look back upon, you know, with with tremendous memories. So to think that, uh, you know that the boy everybody's struggling Baltimore. I mean, come on now, shoot these guys, I said, they've been fighting for the Super Bowl. They they've won Super Bowl. I mean, they're fighting to get to the super Bowl. They've been in the super Bowl multiple times. I mean for them to be looking like they're looking giving up the number of points that they're giving up. That defensive football team, it's got talent. I mean, it's stout, man, that's a good defensive football team. Sometimes, you know, you just football's weird to scratch ahead and say, what the hell is happening? You know, it's like, what's going on with this? It's just just the opposite of what I think the situation should be. And you know, being a former Cincinnati Bengal and knowing what the Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns were or about when you went up there to play them on the road, man, I mean, it's packed your lunch bucket, it's it's a it's a full day's work, you know, and it's going to be physically. You're going to be sure that night when you go to bed.
Speaker 2: All right with that lap. We will let you go. What a guys got coming up tonight.
Speaker 24: Yeah, we've got just a full, full, confident of everybody addressing what the problem or trying to address what the problem is and how to maybe react to it and uh and and change things. As far as the Cincinnati Bengals are concerned, you know, we've got Zach Taylor. I did an interview with him after the game in the locker room. We get his postgame interview as well. We get interviews with with a lot of players, both offensively and defensively and in some special teams players as well. Just trying to you know, pose the question, you know, what happened, Why, what's going on?
Speaker 29: When?
Speaker 24: When's it going to change? Why is it the way that it is? And nobody has any clear kind of answers, that's for sure. You know, there's no Einstein's you know that are that are figuring it out at the genius level. You just have to go back to uh, you know, back to work.
Speaker 27: Man.
Speaker 24: It's all about what we can do.
Speaker 2: All right, With that, lap we will let you go. We'll be listening. Thanks man.
Speaker 24: All right, guys, have a good one.
Speaker 2: Thanks are a good friends. Dave Lapham with that we took in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 20: What is going on?
Speaker 17: Hey from the UC Health EPHICCA Mammograms Save Lives called five win three IV four pinks cutting your annual Man mcgraham with UC House Expert Team five one to three five eight four pink. Seventy four East Pound off ramp to northbound seventy five is still shut down. Accident on the ramp and heavy duty on the record on the scene getting that vehicle taken care of. Seventy four westbound Ribolt accident is on the shoulder and we're watching delays now on seventy one northbound after Red Bank. It's a breakdown on the right lane. So down southbound seventy five on Reagan Highway to Norwid Lateral about a ten minute drive now, my Rick sh Remp News Radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center forward. A night's steady rain, maybe a little thunder mixed in the low of sixty five for tomorrow, storms possible and the high of seventy It is seventy five down News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, mister Pinney, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what you see that.
Speaker 22: Looks like Scott's loan riding a dragon. And this one nineteen sixty eight Ford Mustang. G that's good, and Scott's Loan's driving again with Scott's loan. And this one I see a bacon and egg breakfast sandwich, a sandwich, the one I eat right before I listen to Scott's Loan.
Speaker 14: Chess Scott's Loan, Please listen responsibly.
Speaker 23: Join me Scott's Loan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Mister Penney, we have a long road ahead of us.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 21: Get to Miami Valley Gaming October twenty fifth for a chance to win a brand new GEEP or thirty five in cash.
Speaker 34: You got exactly right.
Speaker 24: I'm a bottom line.
Speaker 34: So this started ten years ago. Twenty fifteen was the first Prime Day and that was a day twenty four hour is going to be to celebrate twenty years of Amazon. And it was a huge money maker, and then so then it became an annual thing, typically in July when sales are pretty flat because people have no reason to buy anything and they're out enjoying summer vacation. They're not buying holiday gifts yet, and so they tried to pump up sales and do it in July, and then it became multiple and then they went, wait, we can have a couple of them every year, and we can do one before the holidays and get in the holiday shopping as well. So now it's this, you know, huge retail event for all the retailers, Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy. They've all got to compete, and the expectations are that this is going to be a big year. Adobe Analytics they do the the retail number crunching for retailers every every year to back Pandea, he does a lot of that.
Speaker 29: He told us this some the deepest distants will go as much as twenty eight percent. We see that and kind of please us to electronics, but then we're also anticipating discounts to be pretty competitive. For power at twenty five percent, appliances of eighteen percent.
Speaker 34: So over all, they expect about nine billion dollars to be spent tomorrow and on Wednesday for Prime Day across all the retailers, six point two percent over last year. They think by now pay Later is going to jump with you up about eight percent, seven hundred and twenty three million dollars will be buy now, pay later, that people will buy now and deal with it down the road. And then this one makes sense. Fifty percent of shopping they believe will be on mobile devices compared to desktop computers. People at work will be doing some of the desktop shopping and people at home. But the other thing that they point out is that AI is leading now a lot of what people are buying because people go to Chat, GBT or one of the other platforms and they say, give me the best deal on a Samsung TV, And they're not just going to Amazon or to Best Buy. They're letting the AI look through everything that's out there and all the sales that are going on and find the best deal.
Speaker 29: He told us this, we have a consumer that's really leaning on the online sector to try to understand what's available to them. They're using some of these generative AI platforms, these LM models to get a sense of where they can get the best absolute deal, where they can find cheaper versions of goods, discovering different products on social media platforms and to micro influences.
Speaker 34: The influencers is another big part of this. The retailers have found that, especially the younger crowd, they will go and spend their money to get that special edition of whatever based on what the influencer is saying. So all of that comes into play with this. They think this is going to be on par with Black Friday and with Cyber Monday. The biggest deals You're not wrong on the TVs round twenty eight percent, on electronics and TVs in general twenty five percent, apparel, toys twenty seven percent. The other thing that they have found that they believe going into this is that consumers are going to be they're showing a trend toward wanting to trade up this year instead of just finding the cheapest TV or the cheapest refrigerator, that they're looking for a good deal on a better product for something. They've got a home that they're going to replace. So that comes into play with this, that somebody maybe going for a nicer brand of refrigerator or microwave or TV or something else in the home instead of just going for the cheapest stuff. But at least on amaz On, the Amazon branded products always have the biggest discounts. Along with that, they've got a toothbrushes that are going to be electronic toothbrushes got to be heavily discounted this year YETI products, Ninja products, vacuum cleaners, tons of other stuff. But just remembers not only Amazon, look at Target, look at best Buy, look at Walmart, look at all of them, because they're all doing it.
Speaker 1: I never thought Alex about AI being using it to find the best deal, but that's incredible, Yeah, because I think most people know just say, okay, let me look it up on Amazon because they'll have the best price, well maybe not, and this will search it in a fraction of a second and get it to you.
Speaker 34: Yeah, people are doing it now with airline tickets and everything else where. They go into to an AI engine, whether it be Chat, GPT or one of the other ones, and they say, find me the best product on fill in the blank, and it will give you something that may not be going to best Buy or to Amazon, but maybe there's another retailer that it wouldn't pop into your mind that has a really good deal. So yeah, that's kind of the new way of shopping that if you want a really good deal, people are going to AI.
Speaker 2: We're talking a to Alec Stone and guys helped me out here because I've never shopped on one of the Prime days. What is this the deal where there's timed stuff like, okay, from now till two o'clock Eastern you can get this deal on refrigerators or is it just the whole two days?
Speaker 34: Sometimes so they have a lot of lightning deals during the prime day event where yeah, it is they've got either a time or a certain number of them that are available and you got to get it when that comes available. The reason why they do that is it gets you coming back constantly because every time you look at it, they've got new deals that are up there and timing out. But then there are others, typically like Crest white strips and you know DNA where it used to be the twenty three and meters but they went belly up. You know, those are usually super cheap during these and that is the full extent of the two day period. But they've got the other ones as well where they may not have a ton of whatever it is. You know, let's say a puffer jacket or something, and you look on there and it's thirty percent off, but only until three this afternoon and then and then it goes away.
Speaker 2: At that point, what about groceries. I know Amazon sells groceries to some degree. I think that's what people would love to see.
Speaker 4: A deal on.
Speaker 34: Yeah, and then some of that as well, because there it can be fresh groceries are more the type that come from Amazon that are non perishable, and those are included too. So yeah, that's all part of it.
Speaker 20: All right.
Speaker 2: With that, Alex, we will let you go, buddy, Thanks so much, you got it.
Speaker 34: Thanks?
Speaker 23: Ye.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know is your wife going to be one of those, because I well, she'll dabble in it, but she won't sit there all day. I don't think I know people who will sit there and just stare at their computer the whole time. Let me tell you, like, there's it won't be a special day because let's be honest, the Amazon truck makes one or two stops a day at the Boyman household.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it'll just it'll be like every other day.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, that was that was still I wish I could say, boy were really still funny at the at the eclipse party at your house there watching the Amazon truck pulls up.
Speaker 1: Like literally as it's as it's happening, and then the best was, like what smells like pot. All of a sudden, the guy pulled down the driveway, parked his car, lit one up and watched the clipse.
Speaker 2: Started the sun that we check in with traffic, good weather, what's going on,